Speaker 1: Okay, okay, here we go, busy, busy, busy today, Good morning, This is Ed McMahon. And now ladies and gentlemen, yet peas.
Speaker 2: Run all right, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Throwback Thursday. Welcome aboard. Chili is updating. We had a last minute suggestion or an entry into Throwback Thursday, so Chili is updating that right now. But Throwback Thursday, you be voting on that all morning long. It's a three game day, meaning we're playing the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Kenny the cash Man going for win number four, fresh out of bed head your head at six point twenty, read my lips. We'll play at seven twenty for Chris Stapleton tickets suburb of Summer, says an eight twenty Cypress takes on Montrose. You're looking for those Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. Those are coming your way on the note the show segment. So the last thing we give away today on the show will be those tickets. Plus we got a ton more to do in between. There nothing over a ten percent Chancey Rainey, Dan Portley, cloudy high of ninety six, Tessa, good morning. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, Good morning Rod, and good morning Homer. Lots going on, but we'll get there real quick. Vice President Kamala Harris scored of major endorsement yesterday, with United Auto Workers giving her its endorsement for president. Meanwhile, President Trump made the news cycle yesterday when he appeared at the National Association of Black Journalists in Chicago. The interview became hostile early on Trump saying saying of Harris, I didn't know she was black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn black, and now she wants to be known as black. So Harris said that Trump's divisiveness and respect was the same old show and Americans deserve better. Speaking of Kamala, she will be in Houston today for the funeral of Representative Sheila Jackson Lee. Harris will tend Thursday service for her longtime friend and sorority sister of belief she's giving the Yulich today. Jackson Lee passed away earlier this month after battling cancer. Back to school shopping survey found it costs parents an average of five hundred.
Speaker 4: And eighty six dollars per child.
Speaker 3: That's actually down slightly from last year when it was five ninety seven. Still it's close to six hundred dollars. Two thirds of parents said they already did most of their shopping, but when parents can't afford it, they are willing to go into debt for their kids education. Some of parents will even open a new credit card if they need to, which is why our last push pour backpacks is so important. Guys, if you haven't gone into the Rod Ryan show carisory to do some shopping. We're trying to get school supplies and backpacks into the hands of local kids.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have another viral Olympic moment. Blog page.
Speaker 3: Simone Biles was blocked by a former teammate yesterday. The tea is piping when it comes to gymnastics. Did you guys see the fifty one year old Turkish shooter who just showed up to the event with like no head gears, nock. He just had like glasses on and he ends up getting the met a.
Speaker 4: New Hero emergency.
Speaker 5: All the other shooters have like the eye stuff on and he just rolls out of bed and it's like pop pop pop.
Speaker 1: Still the medal, Right, I've got But the chick that has the crazy funky I gears, she's on looking.
Speaker 4: At girls to yes, she is another favorite.
Speaker 1: She went viral, she's on looking at girls. So yeah, lots of viral Olympic moments back and all the all the medals won yesterday. Women. Yep, let's go your women won all the medals much so.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Seeing Chris Stapleton and concert is already a bucket list item and we're actually giving away tickets to that at seven twenty. But if you didn't know, Chris was recently performing at T Mobile Park in Seattle, where the Mariners play, and fans were treated to delicious flying hot dogs. It's something that they do at Marinders home games for fun, but they did it during the Chris Stapleton concert and you just like he's like playing music. There's just like Glizzies floating down.
Speaker 4: From the sky. Kind of a moment on the page.
Speaker 1: Those take it Alex. Football's back, guys. Yeah, football is back.
Speaker 5: I know it's preseason, but it still counts and it's the hometown team. Texans are gonna kick it off against the Bears for the NFL's Hall of Fame Game tonight in Canton, Ohio, celebrating Andre Johnson going into the Hall of Fame for the Texans and Devin Hester with the Bears. Expect the starters to play very little, if at all. I know Caleb Williams, number one overall draft pick, will not play for the Bears. They've already announced that. But hey, it's football. You get to have that on you see the field. It's back, guys, kickoffs at seven. We've watched it on ESPN and ABC and baseball. Astros got by the Pirates last night five to four. To avoid the sweep. They're gonna have a day off to day before they open up a weekend series with the Rays tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Here at Minute Made Park and in the Olympics semo As.
Speaker 5: They added four more medals yesterday in Paris, including one gold.
Speaker 1: Like you said earlier on, all of them were by women.
Speaker 5: Notable highlights in Paris yesterday, Katie Ladecki shit broke her own Olympic record and the women's fifteen hundred meter freestyle. She now has the twenty fastest times in world history. Boss, It's an absolutely insane feat swimmer Tory Husks to come silver in the women's one hundred meter freestyle. The US women's soccer team beat Australia to one and the basketball team got my South Sudan one O three to eighty six. You guys has the most total medals right now with thirty one, and we've got six golds behind China, France, Japan and Australia.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. I think we have an update at Heavy Metal Metal Count later. Hey, we need money later today. All right, here we go. Four Hours of Pain starts right now. Clear these phone lines, Chili, let them in if you want in on the first phone call today, come get it seven one, three, two two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now four five. The bus Good Morning Rot Ryan Show off and running on the four Hours of Pain throw back Thursday. Of course we're playing Read My Lips and because of the suburb of Summer Sisler, you guys know this, Read my Lips is now back in the seven twenty slot. That freaks me out, although it didn't last week. You guys did such an amazing job. I looked over at my email inbox and I see a lot of you suggesting words already for Reading my Lips. So thank you very much for that. I need you to I need Homebrom, I need you to come in strong today and I need you to send me a bunch of word suggestions for the game that's gonna we played at seven to twenty Read my lips seven twenty Chile with now three wins on the year, Tessa with eleven wins. That's who is going to be competing, and that's one of them will win you tickets to go see Chris Stapleton, who has made it over to the music blog page today. We've already kind of discussed that throwback Thursday today, Kenny the cash Man going for win number four Fresh out of bed Head to Head. Chili put Kings of Leon tickets in there. I don't know if you need any I don't think you need any extra motivation to play fresh out of bed Head to Head. I don't think you need any extra motivation to try to beat Kenny. But concert tickets as well, on top of all the other good stuff that comes the fortune and fate that comes with playing fresh out of bed head to Head, Second Road tickets to see Third Eyed Blind Saturday night. Those are coming to you in homeroom. Those are coming on the fun Fact Flashback Suburb Summer Sissler Montrose takes on Cyprus Today at eight twenty A Monster Jam four pack of tickets go on sale. Chili. Today's today, We've got that ticket sale, that discounted ticket sale or the pre sale happening, So Chili should be putting a link up for that. On Links and Guests, Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets. Will be giving those away on Know the Show. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today.
Speaker 7: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Sometimes Chili when he likes me, oh, he makes little notes on like what the people are calling about and whoever was supposed to be the first phone call? She just hung up on me. She said she always wanted to be on the radio.
Speaker 8: Well, and.
Speaker 1: I guess that's not happening today. It said I forgot her name already, but it said always wanted to be on the radio.
Speaker 9: Damn.
Speaker 1: Right when I went to it, she dropped, Rafael, is that I don't know what you want to call about? What do you got, Rafael? Good morning, Good morning. I just wanted to call and say I love your show.
Speaker 10: I've been listening to y'all for years.
Speaker 1: How many do you think if I'm going to put you on the spot, if you had to guess how many years you've been on board with this show?
Speaker 10: Uh ten to fifteen?
Speaker 1: Dude, that's amazing, that's amazing. Yes, sir, I can't thank you enough. Rafayel. What do you do?
Speaker 5: What do you do in the morning?
Speaker 11: Well, go to work.
Speaker 9: I get to work about four in the morning, and I turned y'all's radio along.
Speaker 10: Oka't wait, y'all, come on, have.
Speaker 1: You that whole fifteen years? Because obviously I've done this for twenty so I've had the same job the whole time. Have you had the same gig the whole time that we've been together in the morning, No, sir, I have not. Okay, but you've always worked mornings.
Speaker 7: Uh No, I work night shift.
Speaker 1: But okay, all right, I get when I get off in the.
Speaker 10: Morning, I'll always turn y'all on.
Speaker 1: I'm all right home.
Speaker 9: What do you do now?
Speaker 1: I work in the warehouse? Okay, And you're already there. You got there at four, Yes, sir, dude, the superior human beings are up early before everybody else. Raffael, you are a superior human I know that, and I can't thank you enough. Ten fifteen years. That's amazing, dude. Have you tried Have you tried to win the twentieth Anniverse reshow tickets yet?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm calling and calling there. I was just surprised that I got through this morning. Yeah, you know, I need a guy like you and that party. So on Know the show today at abound nine, at around nine fifty or whatever, we'll get into a question and all that stuff. Raffael, I'd love to party with you on that on that at that twentieth anniversary party. You've been there for almost fifteen of it. So I hope you listen for the rest of the show, and I hope to hear you back on Know the Show today.
Speaker 10: Right yet there, I'll time my bed.
Speaker 1: Thank you for all the years. Thank you for all the years. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I really do. On the flip gonna wreck check for you, we'll find out what's trending and then we get set up for the Fresh out of bed, Head to head Rock and all tearing The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ninety four or five, The Buzz, Welcome Back rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to everyone that has sent me word suggestions. We'll playing read my lips about an hour from now. We can go right now. That's how good and strong your words have been so already I'm not there yet, but please keep sending me your word suggestions. Read my lips, Tessa takes on the Chile so you can email me right at the buzz dot com. Thank you, everybody, you've done it. You've done an amazing job. Tum percent chance of raining party cloudey height ninety six today. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Well, it was the end of an era.
Speaker 3: Yesterday the greens Point Mall had its last day that you could actually go in there and shop.
Speaker 4: So it closed in June, but they gave you a month for.
Speaker 3: Like merchants to move out and they lost access to all their inventory yesterday. So Green Point Mall opened in nineteen seventy six. And yeah, now it's just empty.
Speaker 1: And rips empty for a while.
Speaker 3: It's for sure, like now it needs to be empty or your trespassing.
Speaker 1: It's been a punchline almost my whole time here. Yeah it was, it never was around where it was like Green's Point Mall is the place. It's awesome there.
Speaker 4: No, that's where you go to get robbed and stuff.
Speaker 1: All twenty years i've been here, it's been a punchline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So that's what's going on.
Speaker 3: And then in some money matters, the Federal Reserved again held interest rates the same as they've been so five point twenty five to five point five. They suggested a cut could be near, but all eyes are on the fed's September eighteenth meeting.
Speaker 4: So that's a little more of the serious stuff.
Speaker 1: And then if you go on the X, it's just NABJ.
Speaker 3: The National Association of elect Journalist conference began this weekend and Trump was taking questions at the convention, So we're going to talk about that during headlines. But those are the things that are trending right now. On any four to five of the bus.
Speaker 12: Good morning, eight time Hall of Famer, Kenny the cash Man that's still in your life now your fresh out of bed head to head three day Champions and I planned on being here the rest of the week.
Speaker 13: Join me on Thursday when I make it win number four pitches.
Speaker 1: Okay, ringing Dinghy, grab your phone call in Kings of Leon, tickets on the Chopping plus Fortune and Fame beating Kenny it's Bush on the buzz. Yeah, we've been on the bush. It's Glysserine. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It was ten years ago that Gavin came in to play The rod Ryan Show. Ten year anniversary show. Does that seem like yesterday? No, but it doesn't seem like ten years ago though, I'll be honest about that. Now we're celebrating twenty years. We've got an anniversary party that is going to end all anniversary parties. We'll have tickets for you on know the show. But man, it's if it's anything like the tenure. The tenure was just it was an unbelievable bash for sure. All Right, No, the show is where you gonna get those twentieth anniversary party tickets. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy today, Hive ninety six. Let's play the first of three games today on the show. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge for the listeners to your corners.
Speaker 13: Kenny, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 1: Good morning Kenny, eight time Hall of Famer going for win number four today, and I mean you're used to it. You've just got a big target on your back no matter when you play do you feel that way?
Speaker 13: Oh yeahverybody wants it from getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody wants a little a piece of the k Man taking you on today is Jacob. I don't know that we've ever talked to Jacob. Good morning, Good morning, Hi Jacob. How are you.
Speaker 10: I'm doing awesome in the work and just excited to be have a chance to play today.
Speaker 1: Is this the first time you're playing?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's honestly the first. I've called for dozens of things. This is the first time I've ever gotten.
Speaker 1: Through first time on this radio program ever. Yes, yes, sir, It's a huge morning for me. I'm happy to be here today. Jacob, I just want Salmon.
Speaker 6: I said it four times.
Speaker 1: I don't know why Alex is calling you salmon, but your fresh fish. Okay, it works. So Jacob, you've heard this game before him. Yes, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You got to get in there quick. I mean, Jacob fresh fish. Take it on, an eight time Hall of Famer. You want to rise in the ranks. You beat Kenny today and people will be talking about you for years to come.
Speaker 10: All right, all right, hopefully I can make something happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jacob Bailey Jingleheimer Smith. What are they playing for today?
Speaker 3: I'm good a pair of ticket see Kings of Leon at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go Kenny. Listen to him over there. Jenny says his sex is on fire. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: We'll see if Jacob's sex is on fire.
Speaker 12: We will.
Speaker 1: Question number one. What professional golfer nickname the King has a drink of Kenny Arnold Palmer has a drink of lemonade and iced tea named after him. The Arnold Palmer is correct. See what he did there, Jacob.
Speaker 10: He doesn't wait, just yeah, I wasn't ready on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't wait.
Speaker 4: I think right now it would be like a great time to get ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ready at pal Jacob Bailey, Jingleheimer Smith. Are you ready on this question? Yes, sir, okay, five two and eighty feet are in a what Jacob? Oh, he's ready, Jacob Bailey j. Smith. It's a mile, Yes, it's a miracle mile. Now we got a game. Jacob has made this interesting.
Speaker 4: Not that far, very close?
Speaker 1: You were dred and eighty feet behind him? Yeah, a full mile.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I couldn't resist. That's the radio hacking me all right for the win? Wow, this is a wow, Jacob Kenny, what famous character did Ellen voice in me? Kenny the cash Man? Three two one Elsa's a decent guess if you don't watch movies, John, Jacob Bailey, Jingleheimer Smith, your question is what famous character did Ellen voice in Finding Nemo? Story?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 1: What shot?
Speaker 4: Jacob shot?
Speaker 7: Oh my god? What the heck is that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: My, Kenny? Is Kenny's already emailing me? Kenny, Kenny?
Speaker 4: You had have you never.
Speaker 8: Seen Finding Nemo?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't know the voice from Ellen.
Speaker 13: Your cartoons and just gets me.
Speaker 1: I'm luk at that team of.
Speaker 3: The cartoons gets you.
Speaker 1: Jacob has shocked the world in his first time ever playing, first time ever being on The Rod Ryan Show. He has just taken out eight time Hall of Famer Kenny the cash Man.
Speaker 3: Insane.
Speaker 10: Good John, I'm still shaking right now. Honestly, say congrats to.
Speaker 13: You man, Kenny.
Speaker 1: He was he was being nice to you. Kenny.
Speaker 10: Hey, Yeah, I'm glad my first time could be up against the Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's so lovely, Jakes. This guy's saying all the right things. All right, John, Jacob Bay Leave, Jingleheimer Smith has shocked the world.
Speaker 5: You have.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out if your sex is on fire. You're going to the Kings of Leon and I'm inviting you to play tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 10: Oh man, I'd love to I'd.
Speaker 1: Love to have you on. I think everybody would love to have you on.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I just want to real quick shout out to my uh, my friend from back from high school, Adam the cop uh back when I used to work at Waterburger. He used to be the police security and he would when it was slow, he would stuff and help us make orders.
Speaker 1: Really, of course, Adam, Adam, not knowing exactly who you are, said, can I get an Owen Wilson's wow right now? So I know he's up, he's listening, he's engaged, and I know he just heard his shout out. So, uh, this is a Cinderella story people. I don't like to over I don't like to abuse the term. Jacob Bailey is a Cinderella story and we were all here for it. Bro. Can't wait to have you back on tomorrow. Don't go anywhere you're gonna do a victory's speech for me. All Right, already fresh Bush, here come summer.
Speaker 13: God, it's shutting already.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, No I need four or five the buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. You've already caught me several times. What are we thirty seven minutes into the show. You've caught me several times talking about my excitement level for the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Well, what you just heard is one of the big reasons I'm super excited. Brent and Zach are gonna be coming down from Shine Down October twelfth, Carbock Brewery to perform that day. Well, that evening, they're gonna probably go on late. I'm guessing they're gonna go on last. I don't have the lineup yet, but I know that this party starts at three o'clock. And then I guess the real headline is you cannot buy tickets to the show. You got to win your tickets. So no on sale, no, nothing like that. You have to keep listening to win. I will have tickets to the twentieth Aniverse Party on Know the show today. Sublime Blew October Theory of a Dead Manned Exsis which I just started a new XI song on the overnight well on the overnight meeting when I'm coming into work and it's great. It is awesome. So these are going to be acoustic sets from all of those bands. Cannot wait. Ten percent chance of rating Party Claude high of ninety six today the Fresh out of Bad Head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 10: Good morning everybody. This is former fresh Fish Jacob Bailey and Roger just said I shot the world this Cinderella Story first time ever playing just took out eight times Hall of Famer Kenny D.
Speaker 11: Kashmi.
Speaker 10: Looks like I'm playing.
Speaker 1: Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 10: Join the at six point twenty as I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Adam the Cop does remember who we're dealing with here. He gave a shout out to Adam the copp He said that Adam would be doing a security detail at Waterburger when back when he was slinging burgers. Adam's chrying back in. He said, you know what, when you said, Jacob Bailey, I was curious, could that be the same guy I know from school? I missed them? What a Burger extra job days? I couldn't just sit there and do nothing. So I went in the back and I helped clear some of those drive through orders. Adam Komp would hop back there to make burgers.
Speaker 3: He is such a busy body. Other John wrote in that Fresh Fish are seven and twenty nine, with wins against Kenny twice and Bad Brad once.
Speaker 1: Oh. Lee, that's the fourth time that Kenny's played this year.
Speaker 14: Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah the line? Does anyone doubt in thirty days from now? Look at it? What is today? August first?
Speaker 4: Well, it'll be easy. Yeah, it's the first of the.
Speaker 1: Month, September one. You watch Kenny or August thirty first, he'll be in there. Yeah, yeah, he'll be in there.
Speaker 6: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: Let's go, we make you look smart and everybody, it's the fuck that to the day. I wanted to do a little history today on your fun facts. Happy Birthday Empty forty three years ago. In nineteen eighty one they launched. I say only two million homes got it at the time. It wasn't even available in New York City. You had to be in Jersey. Twelve oh one. Am started out with the words ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll in the first video shown. I think famously everyone knows this video killed the radio star by the Buggles, whose prophecy did not come true. Thank you, So we know. The joke is, you know MTV? Okay, great, they turned forty three years ago, thanks for what fifteen years of videos? They gave up playing videos just so many years ago, and it's just a different thing now. It's a different animal. But you know what, it still isn't it If you were in that generation. MTV was a huge part of so many of our lives growing up. I mean, it really was just an amazing thing. Okay, they gave up videos, but guess but you're still listening to the radio, aren't you aren't? Thank you guys all. What else in the movie Beetlejuice? Is that new Beetlejuice out yet? It might be you're so out of the movie game. In the original Beetlejuice, it's ninety two minutes long. Beetlejuice himself is on screen for seventeen minutes and thirty seconds.
Speaker 14: That is.
Speaker 1: Who you go the first twenty five minutes of that movie. You don't really see them here.
Speaker 3: It's scheduled to be theatrically released in September Omber fourth.
Speaker 1: Very good. Can't wait, Yeah, September and then we'll be probably it'll be a big deal. We'll be talking about it through Halloween and all of that. That makes sense. Have you ever seen a video of hippos pooping?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: You haven't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm thankful I haven't.
Speaker 1: No, I think you need to see. It might be something you guys want to google today. As hippos are pooping, they spin their tails around like a propeller and it flings all over the place to mark their territory. That's neat. Think about a plane propeller and throwing a bucket of poop into it and what would happen. That's what hippos do with their tail. Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 13: It's the fuck back to the day. Yep. We make you look smart, bodies. It's the fun the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you're giving away now?
Speaker 3: I've got a pair of second road tickets to Third Eye Blind with yellow card in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Guys, second row. Alex knew this one yesterday. What is a squatchy? Tell me what a squatchy is and I will get you into the second row for the summer God's Tour seven one, three, two four five. A well rested Chile is standing by. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. All right, there's my guy Hal on the phone. Hey, how brother Rod, Good morning, Good morning to you, sir. How do we do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 11: It was a good day on Wall Street? If the Dow was up in ninety nine points. Kick off this morning at forty thousand, eight forty two. NASTAC up four hundred and fifty one to seventeen thousand and five to ninety nine benchmark ten year Treasury set a four point zh six percent. Oil stands at seventy eight dollars sixty five cents of Burrow two. The most actives, the big studs, Amazon, Intel and Boeing. The big duds Jane J. Murk and travelers on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers for construction spending for June right now. Futures looking good, they're on the upside. Hang on to this will be another positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here.
Speaker 11: This is how lim manage. The director with the Raymond James Porty Food Road Ryde, So from Raymond jameson Sam Philippe and the Gusten don't get to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 15: Famin's expressed are those of hell Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, IART Radio or at sponsors. Information is mased on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 7: We'll continue.
Speaker 15: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAND because programs are educational and informational services based on movement as reported.
Speaker 7: By Young.
Speaker 1: Or find the buzz. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. All right, good morning rod Ryan Show. Well, hello, David, welcome to the show. What is a squatchy? It's what Alice used to break TV.
Speaker 10: It's a little button on top of a cape and.
Speaker 1: He knows the fun relatable story about it. He knows exactly what it is. Yeah, that little button on the top of your baseball cap is called a squatchy, not to be confused with a sasquatchy, which is a baby sasquatch. David, you win, what are you giving them Oh dude.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get a pair of second Road tickets to see Third Eye Blind.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Can you handle the second row? We got the right guy there, I hope, so, okay, I think you can. I think you can, all right, David, Second row, Summer God's Tour tomorrow, front road tickets if it's now fun fact flashback time. My guest is Chili puts those front road tickets? Well, I don't know, he might get crazy and put him on know the show. Sometimes he makes you wait the entire program for though, So we'll get with Chilli in a little bit to see where you can win front road tickets tomorrow or at what time? Ten percent chance of ran party Cloudy him ninety six. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: The United Auto Workers have given Kamala Harris or endorsement. It's endorsement for president. That is a major endorsement that dropped down yesterday. Meanwhile, President Trump was also in the news cycle when he appeared at the National Association of Black Journalists in Chicago. The interview became hostile early on. And yeah, there's a ton of clips circulating around from that. Vice President Kamala will be in Houston today for the funeral of Representative Shila Jackson.
Speaker 8: Lee.
Speaker 3: Harris will attend the service for her longtime friend and sorority's sister. Jackson Lee passed away earlier this month after battling cancer. That's kind of the serious stuff going around.
Speaker 4: There's a relationship hack. Maybe you've seen it. It's in the news.
Speaker 3: After the Associated pressden an article on it. A place called the Gottman Institute came up with this six second kissing hack that's supposed to.
Speaker 4: Be good for your relationship.
Speaker 3: They timed how long it takes to trigger the release of oxytocin. That's the love hormone that helps us bond with babies, with pets, and each other as humans.
Speaker 4: So a quick peck won't do it.
Speaker 3: Guys and gals, it has to be a full six seconds, they say, if you do it every day, it can make you feel more connected, increase those oxytocin levels and reduce the levels of the stress hormone cortisol. The other option is a hug, but it takes twenty seconds of hugging to achieve the same level of connected of connectedness that you get from a six second smooch Okay, American Idol is bringing back a former megastar to replaced Katy Perry on the judging panel. Word around the rumor mill is that Carrie Underwood is joining Idle as a judge next season, which is not only a huge score, it also means.
Speaker 4: That there's going to be a lot of country because of Luke, Brian.
Speaker 1: And her, in addition to Lionel Richie.
Speaker 3: So, Carrie won season four of Idol way back in two thousand and five. She was twenty one at the time, so now kind of a full circle moment for her. This upcoming season twenty three will air next spring, So that's the twentieth anniversary of Carrie's star being born.
Speaker 1: If you can believe it, she bigger than Katy Perry. Katy Perry's played a Super Bowl halftime show, Carrie has, she's I think she's been a part of one, but I don't think she's done it yet herself.
Speaker 4: Yeah I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think kay, Katy Perry is still more famous.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because I'll tell you what, being on that show makes me more famous. So all those years adding to what Katy Perry has already done. Yeah, I guess she is. She's probably Sunday Night football. Uh oh, in case, I think it's a pretty even swap then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, they're both mega mega superstars.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is what will make Carry Underwood bigger.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Carrie, she is doing a newly recorded version of the Papa Roach hit Leave a Light On because they want to make for awareness on suicide prevention. So Papa Rochan Underwood both announces collaboration yesterday to raise awareness for suicide prevention. It's the Talk Away the Dark campaign. And yeah, Carrie Underwood says, I'm game for that. So they're going to do a duet of this song a cover, and this song drops tomorrow. Those are Houston headlights.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go Football's back guys.
Speaker 5: Texans and Bears kickoff pre season tonight in the NFL's Hall of Fame game. Expected starters to play very little, if at all, but it's still football, so enjoy it. Gang kickoffs at seven o'clock. You can watch it on ESPN and ABC. Let's go Texans. In baseball, the Astros up by the Pirates last night five to four. To avoid this sweep, they'll have a day off today before they open up a weekend series with the Rays tomorrow night at Minute Made and the Olympics Team USA added four more medals yesterday in Paris, including one gold, all of them won by women, So that will highlights from Paris. Katie the Decky broke her own Olympic record in the women's fifteen hundred meter freestyle. She now has the twenty fastest times in history in that event. Swimmer Tory Husk took home silver in the women's one hundred meter freestyle. The US women's soccer team beat Australia two to one, and our men's basketball team blew out South Sudan one o three to eighty six.
Speaker 1: The US still has the most total medals with thirty one.
Speaker 5: We've got six of those being gold, behind China, France, Japan, and Australia.
Speaker 1: Bro we need a heavy metal metal count. We do, all right, have one. We'll get to that after seven, all right. And song clips and all that other stuff. Okay, what else, that's what's going on in sports? Okay, great? The girls, the girls with all the medals yesterday for the US. That's awesome. Houston's Rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 7: Show from six to ten am ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five buzz Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's the Reverend Marilyn Manson starting out the seven o'clock hour. Man, If you're carrying over from home room, thank you, appreciate you still hanging out with us. If you are just joining us, we'll wake you waky hands off those snakies. I wanted to say thank you all yesterday. You know, I mean a lot of the show. I was really I was driving hard to get you guys to go into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. We had a match day our friends over at Joe Meyers Toyota. They were using five thousand dollars as a check to us as bait to get you guys to go in and kind of challenge you to go and spend five thousand dollars. Yesterday, you guys went into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store and purchased and donated fifteen thousand dollars worth of merchandise and donations.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: The biggest match day we've ever had. Okay, the one we did with Primeway was huge. I think that was a record. In the beginning of the season in the beginning of summer. But yeah, it's the biggest match day. It's the biggest single day sales in the history of the rod Ryan Showkeres online store, and I love every single one of you that got involved yesterday. Thank you so much. Today proving that you can just go every single day wearing rod Ryan Show T shirts. This is the sleeper shirts in the store. This is the sleeper it's the hashtag. It's the Houston Sunrise shirt, something that we talk about all the time. And the graphic on there, it's kind of like a retro look in graphic, but I specifically wanted to I wanted to show Pleasure Peer. That's Pleasure Peer nice down in Galveston. So it's we talk about that all the time on the show. The Houston Sunrise shirt. The shirt is listen, it's not the number one selling shirt. The twenty year anniversary shirt Homeroom now I think is the number two shirt. The Astros one is the three. This one's down there, but again it's it's the sleeper shirt. It's the one that I low key I love this one. It's the ringer. You can still get into the rod Ryan Shokeras online store This Saturday is when we are going to be passing out the backpacks, working with our friends over at Houston Children's Charity. We'll talk a little bit more about that. Of course, we'll share all that great stuff with you. I usually do a Facebook live on Saturday morning and we'll take lots of pictures. And it's all because of you, and you are very very generous donations and purchases in the store that we're able to do this each and every year. You're just doing a story this morning.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 1: It's over five hundred bucks right, it's course to six for school supplies. That's what the average is now for children going back to school. It's a daunting time for people that don't have money. So I know I did a big thing about it yesterday. I might have one more absolute Doug Flutie Boston College Hail Mary in me tomorrow. I might, yeah, interesting, just like Rod, you sound a little desperate. Yeah, I am desperate this year to try to raise as much money as possible. So because the backpacks cost more, so I might have a little trick up my sleeve for tomorrow. I'll just leave it at that. It's Throwback Thursday, a Wizard kind of changed it up at the last minute, so I know that he swapped out some songs. If you want to go and vote, you can do so on the World Famous rod ryanschopage at the buzz dot com. Godsmack keep Away, Oh good luck. SIV can't wait one minute more? My favorite of the three, but nobody knows it. Deftones change in any world, Godsmack would win, but not against the Deaftones. Depthtnes in first place. They've got sixty two votes, SIV has fifty eight, Godsmack has forty four, so it's pretty close. I mean, all three bands are still in it. Voting is low. You vote on the World Famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. He did a great story about Papa Roach and Carrie Underwood. This is huge for Papa Roach. Don't think for a second. It's like, Okay, who's bigger here? Carrie Underwood is huge. Okay, this is massive for Papa Roach to be able to work with Carrie Underwood and rework one of their songs. An update from Shannon. We talked about Papa Roach being on Celebrity Family Feud this week. None of us got a chance to watch it because everybody's like, all, you know, Olympic out, you know all about the Olympics. Rod I recorded the episode with Papa Roach. I watched it last night. Finally, Daughtry was in the lead most of the game, but Papa Roach won in the end. Both lead singers played in the last part of the game. They were playing for the same charity, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. And I believe that's Carrie Underwood now getting involved with Jacobi and they are working that song together, Leave the Light On. So apparently we're going to get a copy of this tomorrow. I don't know what Wizard has plans for it if we would do something. I mean, I can only imagine people losing their mind if I play something with Carrie Underwood eye. But you know, you've got to look at it from a point of this is going to bring so many new people to popa Roach who again have never gotten to that next level. Popa Roach deserve to headline, and I fought for them and they finally did headline a Buzzfest and it wasn't the best selling buzzfest. Papa Roach has never been able to break through to be that Toyota center band to be headlining it. They've remained a club band with all these hits and everything. This is just an opportunity for more eyes and more ears and more fans to come to the popa Roach party when they work with Carrie Underwood. I think it's amazing opportunity for them. I'm excited about it. We'll at least play a clip of it if we get that song tomorrow, so you can get information on the music blog page. I don't know when the hell we're going to do song clips because we got to get ready for Read My Lips. Alex. You're timekeeping, Yeah, yeah, okay, So we've got Chile taking on Tessa. I'm gonna do one final scan of words. But here we are because of the sumburb of Summer Sizzler at age twenty, it's time to read buzz limps in the seven o'clock hour. You know it makes me crazy, but you guys are awesome. I think I got enough words. I think I got enough words. I'll do one final scan to see if there's some great words to add to the game. But yeah, we're gonna play Read My Lips. Tessa or Chile will win you. Chris Stapleton tickets coming up, Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz.
Speaker 1: I need four or five of the buzz Man listen. I'm here for my company. I work for iHeartRadio. I'm not opening up politic in.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I need more. I need more politics in my life. I mean, great, go get it. We have for you on the app ai ya yeah, ya yi. We have a Past the Gravy podcast, Yeah that you want to go listen to that. You could open up the app at my Heart app and you could search Past the Gravy and there's a new podcast up. I'm sure of it.
Speaker 5: We talked about Olympics and baseball and other stuff. Is not politics?
Speaker 1: That sounds fun? And why Supreme or Premium gas is a scam? Yeah, that sounds really fun. Okay, but you know people love their politics too. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of ninety six today. What is trending?
Speaker 3: HBO is taking action after the season finale of House of the Dragon season two leaked on the social media. A TikTok account illegally uploaded clips of the episode, which is set to premiere August fourth. HBO says it's aggressively working to monitor and remove these clips.
Speaker 4: I hate the spoilers. I hate them. It's like watch it with everyone else.
Speaker 1: People are so thirsty to get hits on their social media accounts. They don't care. They just want the They want the hits. They're the love of hits on accounts is crazy.
Speaker 4: Speaking of thirsty.
Speaker 3: Happy National Girlfriend's Day to all that celebrate.
Speaker 4: I know you guys are probably girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Wondering what you guys are doing for this big holiday. Uh, it's National Girlfriend Day and I don't know if it's like do I tell my girlfriends?
Speaker 4: Or is it like I'm a girlfriend? Do I get am I expecting a gift?
Speaker 1: What's going on? I don't know? Gift?
Speaker 11: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anytime I'll be accepting those.
Speaker 1: Act I mean, are you expecting elote on National Elote Day?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, you're not, so same goes for Girlfriend Day. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'd be pretty upset.
Speaker 3: I could feel myself since I learned about this holiday ten minutes ago.
Speaker 4: I could get pretty upset. Also.
Speaker 3: Okay, one of my favorite stories. There's so many good Olympic stories, but have you guys seen the Italian gymnasts that's sponsored by parmesan cheese and she's just out there with big wheels and cheese taking pictures. Okay, perfect.
Speaker 1: Can Olympic athletes be sponsored? Now, yeah, the cheese can. They can pay them the money and do All.
Speaker 3: Of the Olympic athletes have always been. That's when they make their money is through sponsorship. So this girl is like beautiful Italian gymnast.
Speaker 4: Her name is Georgia.
Speaker 3: Villa, and she's just doing photo shoots with the biggest wheels.
Speaker 4: Of parmesan sheeese.
Speaker 1: It's pretty iconic.
Speaker 5: Cheese.
Speaker 1: That'd be a good girlfriend. She got a sponsorship from cheese, a good gift. She's real like all the cheese. So Bob is asking Ron, you've made it sound like we've done a good job on getting you word suggestions. Any chance on moving read my lips so the seven o'clock hour again. No chance, Bob, No chance, Bob. It's just it's way too much trying to get these words about you have come through all of you, and Bob sent in some words I might be using one of his two. Chile is playing read my lips. Tessa is playing read my lips. Bob's right, you guys have done an amazing job on getting me these words. The reason that the game has been moved permanently to eight o'clock is just to give you guys more time to get these words in. But because of the suburb of Summer Sizzler, we're kind of forced to put it back in the seven o'clock hours. So if you want to call now and choose Chile, who's on a heater Tessa, they're trying to win you tickets to go see Chris Stapleton at Minute May Park seven one, three, two and two, five, nine four five Read my lips is.
Speaker 7: Next, The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the bus radio.
Speaker 1: Serving ninety four or five, The Buzz that's Finger eleven Paralyzer. They're on that show, the sold out show with Creed and three Doors Down. Don't sleep on them, don't show up late to that show. Finger eleven is awesome live and I've just said that a bunch of times to you now, so you just you gotta trust me on this if you have never seen them before. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy highs today of around ninety six Chillie, get out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why are you trying to kiss up?
Speaker 3: Sad.
Speaker 1: Well, oh I got the words out. Oh yeah, it's time to read my lips. Chili is taking on test. What are you doing over here, Chilli? Oh okay, Oh, we gotta get the camera on you.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, so I had to turn off certain stuff so it'll show the four box, not just single wounds.
Speaker 1: You are like your twin brother. He does things around here. He doesn't want to tell everybody what he does because he doesn't want anyone to come in and do his job.
Speaker 13: No, I'm different. I want to tell you what to do so you don't bother me. The question is what you remember.
Speaker 1: I won't remember, all right, Jilly? Come on, you won last week? Yes, sir, fresh out of mad head to head or no, I'm sorry read my lips. Sorry, it's welcome to the show. Well, we're doing three games today, so it's a little overwhelming. We did fresh out of bed heads Tohead, which was a historic game. Yeah, Cinderella story type situation. Go back and listen to the podcast of that. When when will the podcasts be up for that? That game was unbelievable an hour in an hour?
Speaker 13: Okay, yeah, Jacob doesn't need he still doesn't believe he won.
Speaker 1: I know now it's reading my lips and then Suburbs Summer Sisler at eight twenty. Okay, let's see who's playing this morning? Is is Richard Lambert available? Good morning Richard? Good morning, Hi Richard.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well? Yourself awesome? Who is going to win you these tickets to Chris Stapleton? Well, last year I went with Tests. Of this year, I want to go with mister Chile. Okay, there you go. Well, Richard, let's see if he can get you these tickets. Chile is coming off of a big win last week. That means Paul maguire is on with us and he's on Team Tessa. Hello, Paul, contribute, don't do it.
Speaker 4: I'm talking to you, Paul.
Speaker 13: I'm just gonna leave it. He just said it. Don't do it.
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 3: You right, because he's on a heater he got lucky, doesn't mean he's gonna do it again.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you did take it, all right, Paul, you'd be quiet, Paul and Richard, Richard, Team Chili, Paul, Team Tessa. They're trying to win. Chris stapledon tickets for them.
Speaker 9: Chili.
Speaker 1: You're the returning champion. How do you want to work this.
Speaker 13: Who goes first to testas and she's excited to go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, give him here?
Speaker 3: Can't wait?
Speaker 7: All right, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Testa's not putting on the headset, sure, and she will not be able guessing. Very good to hear.
Speaker 13: She says she's not going to give it all, but you know she will.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think she can. I don't think she has it in her to just mail it in. Yeah, Alex, your time keeping. When I when I say the word right, when I'm done saying that second or third or fourth word, you don't know me? Okay, when I get done saying the words, then you start timing. She will have twenty seconds to get those words. Thank you, guys, just put your fake gun. Bob was right though, you guys did an awesome job on sending me words. A jobbobo. All right, here we go. Brandon sent this one in twenty seconds on the clock. Thumbs up. Tessa has eleven wins.
Speaker 13: See she already trying to cheat. Wow, gotta keep her honest.
Speaker 1: All right, thumbs up done. See if this is difficult here This is sent in by Brandon.
Speaker 14: Metal Metal Better Better Metal Metal Metal mentor metal, metal, metal.
Speaker 1: Metal metal I'm talking about. I don't think. I don't think we've had a repeated word before I read my lips, although it is spelled differently. Coming up the heavy metal metal counts.
Speaker 16: If I would have gotten that word, it would have all sounded the same, that would Yeah, it would have been no metal or mid dole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have to say it differently. But would you gotten metal metal eventually?
Speaker 16: No, I don't think y'all would have gotten it, would have said titty ham metal, titty ham.
Speaker 1: Okay, Eli, friend off. I think he's friend off right now, he's usually friend off. Yeah, thumbs up, yep, yep, yup. Snail sex, what snail sex, snail snakes, snail.
Speaker 8: Sex, sale, snakes, snail sex, stale sneak, snail sex, snail sack, snail sex, snack.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you were right, you were right there. What was the word snakes?
Speaker 13: No snakes?
Speaker 1: Going back to the fun facts, snail sex sex, I said, snail snap, snail snatch, snails. Yeah, I thought you were.
Speaker 13: Talking about three things you want to see, the snail races.
Speaker 1: Oh we have snail racist up today.
Speaker 13: Yeah, three things you want to see.
Speaker 1: But didn't we talk about snail junk. Some of them are on the right side, some of them are on the left side. That right, and it's about snails mating.
Speaker 13: Yeah, only the righties with righties.
Speaker 1: Why did I go so hard on the tea on mating, Yeah, mating mating. Okay, Okay, went really hard on that tea for some reason. Yeah, Paola sent this one Inla Pola.
Speaker 13: You made it sound like Paola.
Speaker 1: It is Paola. I'm a white Paula. All right, thumbs up, yeap, thumb up? Two boner? What two boner chew blue chew boner b two boner, two boners. She got it, guys, Get your head. That was the That was the chicken wings.
Speaker 16: Okay, I'm about to say the flats Tessa's dream picture.
Speaker 1: The flats are the two boners. Oh so only one bone in the drums? Drums are flats. Get your head out of the gutter.
Speaker 3: I thought you were talking about Chili's blue chew like.
Speaker 4: A blue chow boner.
Speaker 13: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: It was just it was chicken wing bones. You guys were all thinking dirty. Yeah, the two boner wings for the price of war, okay, Chili, Yes, sir, you need two to tie three.
Speaker 13: To wing, Sir, we're going for to wing. We're not going for tie.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean you knew me. Okay, Chili's not putting on his headphones. He will not be able to hear the words that I'm saying. See, he gets this one out of the gate. Chris sent this one in. You did a chili to me on the air.
Speaker 6: Just now. What did I do?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: I said two boner and you added like ten words Chili's two boner bluetoo pills. I know you know I didn't say that. He said like nine words to my two. He does that.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's the raining chance.
Speaker 1: I expect that out of him, not you.
Speaker 4: He's been winning.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up, thumbs up twenty seconds twin Brother Wiener Rain, winter Break, Wiener Rain.
Speaker 17: Winner Rank, Weener Rank, Wiener Rain Winner, Strength, Weianer Rain Winner, Race, Weianer Rainer, Weener hot Dumb race Rain, Wiener Raise.
Speaker 1: He said race raise, he said raise, it's Wiener rain. He did not get that. He did not get that. I think I think this is going to your Christian Ampton story today. Yeah, it was raining drops, it was raining hot dogs during the Yes, they were a T mobile roh yeah, the hot dog, parachute a ring. He needs both of these win a race. He needs both of these. Hold on, let me go into ot.
Speaker 13: All right, let's roll.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. That's right, Chili. If he wants on the podium, he needs this metal dumbs a easy one from Trey breast stroke. Huh breast stroke? Breaststroke? Did him? Breastroke? He was getting that. You knew he was getting that.
Speaker 13: Couldn't help myself.
Speaker 1: Can Chili send it into overtime? Can he send it into overtime? All right, I'm in see Alex, I wasn't see. There we go, Here we go, Okay, needs this to send the game into overtime. Chris Daughtry, who just lost celebrity family feud and then we have our Chris Daughtry that sends me words every week. He sent this one in thumbs.
Speaker 13: Up, dumbs up.
Speaker 1: Kevin eleven? What Kevin eleven?
Speaker 13: Heaven lover?
Speaker 18: Kevin eleven, heavenly lover? Kevin eleven? What Kevin eleven? Kevin time over time nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 3: I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: You say, you say you can't walk out and throw the mic and you gotta stay stop to read my looks over the time, Kevin, We're.
Speaker 4: Get sport time eleven.
Speaker 3: Heavenly love her ken eleven chances heavenly.
Speaker 1: I heard you talk about it, but I was too busy screaming. How much time is nineteen to five? Close to miss?
Speaker 3: Probably thirty seconds?
Speaker 1: Okay, I will well, overtime rules work as follows. I'm going to say the word. Keep guessing until you get it. You keep timing until they get it. What a game, guys, what a game? Here we go, just keep guessing. Thumbs up. Adam sent this one in. This was big yesterday, This was really big yesterday.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: A I a goth check check please check please.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, h.
Speaker 1: Go get blue Choo Blue choos pretty quick. That's Paul McGuire, Team Tessa. All right, well here we go. Here comes here comes mister Blue show himself. Okay, Chilly, I'm gonna give you the word. Clock's gonna run. After I'm done saying the word, he starts timing. Keep guessing until you get it right, all right, Timer runs, timer runs until you get it right. Here he goes, Miss rock there.
Speaker 14: He is.
Speaker 1: The Houston spokesperson for Blue Chee boner pills putting on headphones. Now you can no longer hear that. I just paid him that nice compliment. Adam sent this word in thumbs up thumbs up. A. I goth ha ha ha loud a. I goth?
Speaker 16: Hey, how are you? A? I got ahead? You don't have no fury like a woman's ah.
Speaker 13: I goth something love song A forty seeds of love.
Speaker 6: Are all right?
Speaker 1: Just pulled the plug on this like, Uh, Tessa.
Speaker 4: What the hell was that?
Speaker 11: For?
Speaker 1: Tessa's gonna get it?
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 1: Somebody suggested ten CC's I didn't want to have to explain myself and and he's fined by the FCC. A. I goth, Oh, yesterday's how long did Tessa take?
Speaker 13: Did you have?
Speaker 14: Her?
Speaker 1: Time? Had one point one point one four seconds? She got it? A I got that was yesterday's somebody said today's AI. Now everyone's gonna be AI. Every single Instagram feature is gonna be only like for AI. Tesla wins, Paul McGuire wins.
Speaker 6: Paul.
Speaker 3: Paul doesn't deserve the tickets to Chris Stapleton, but he's got them.
Speaker 4: Potter at this show minute made Park, Congrats, I guess you're.
Speaker 5: Yeah, telling me that.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll set you up with those tickets. Man, Thank you everybody for submitting those early words.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do the suburb of Summer Siszler at eight twenty The rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz Okay, ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. On this throwback Thursday, we're gonna have to do song clips Alex next hour. We haven't talked about throwback much, but there are three great songs for you. Godsmack, SIV and Depth Tones in there. You're like, SIV, Yeah, can't wait one minute March It's a great song. Doesn't have a chance against those two heavyweights, but that's what you have to vote for. We'll do song clips after eight o'clock and then we'll get set up for the Suburb of Summer Sissler. That's what I'm hoping to fit in in the next twenty five to thirty minutes. Ten percent chance of rain, nothing over that partly cloudys, guys, highs up around ninety six. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Vice President Kamala Harris scored a major endorsement yesterday. The United Auto Workers gave her endorsement for president. The president of United Auto Workers said that the unions hold this year in this year's election is to defeat former president Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump also in the.
Speaker 3: News cycle yesterday when he appeared at the National Association of Black Journalists in Chicago. The interview became hostile early on, with Trump saying of Harris, I didn't know she was black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn black, and now she wants to be known as black. Harris said that Trump's divisiveness and respect was the same old show and Americans deserved better.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the Vice President.
Speaker 3: Kamala will be in Houston today for the funeral of Representative Sheila Jackson Lee. She will attend today's service for her longtime friend and sorority sister. Jackson Lee passed away earlier this month after battling cancer. I believe Kamala will be giving the eulogy at the funeral service today.
Speaker 9: Open in the morning and out.
Speaker 3: A back to school shopping survey found it costs parents an average of five hundred and eighty six dollars per child. That's actually down slightly from last year when it was five ninety seven two thirds of parents say they already did most of their shopping last month to get the best deals. Here a few more quick back to school shopping stats. Parents spend the most on clothing and accessories that was not my mom, we had uniform or if we went to goodwill. Sixty one percent say their kid usually can get their parent to spend them to spend a little bit more. Parents admit they usually end up shopping for themselves too while they're out, and then when parents can't afford it, you're thinking, that's not me, I can't.
Speaker 4: Afford that much. Well, a lot of parents can't.
Speaker 3: And the top tactics for when they have to get back to school ready using coupons and opening a new credit card. Seventy seven percent of parents say their kid's education is something that they are willing to go into debt for.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. Some teachers are now trickling in. I know a lot of the different areas teacher toy. She says, I'm back to work today. Students aren't back for another couple of weeks, but over the summer, I got to give it up to her. She's an avid podcast listener, so she's not waking up early and listening to the show live. But she says there's nothing like listening to the show live again. Obviously she's trying to get in, like everybody to the twentieth anniversary show. But yeah, welcome back, as teachers are starting to trickle in.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, let's talk about the Olympics. There is another blog page of a rundown of the latest viral moments from the Olympics.
Speaker 4: The people that are doing the Olympic.
Speaker 3: Fails, like athletic fails to show why they're not competing in the Olympics in Paris.
Speaker 4: Is pretty funny, Like the videos.
Speaker 3: Start out with like sadly I did not make the team, and people are just sharing clips of how unathletic they are.
Speaker 1: Very funny. Yeah, a lot of diving, like just you can tell people just don't know how to straighten their body in the air, control.
Speaker 3: Their body the way we see gymnasts and divers and everyone do at the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Speaking of gymnast.
Speaker 1: Fail, not easy to yeah.
Speaker 3: Simone Biles was blocked by a former teammate of hers named Mikayla Skinner. It started earlier this summer when Skinner shaded all the other girls on the current team besides Biles saying they had a crappy work ethic.
Speaker 4: So you know Simone's caption on her picture when.
Speaker 3: They won the gold lack of talent, lazy Olympic Talent Champions and now she's blocked, so that beef is ready prime. Seeing Chris Sempleton in concert is already a bucketless item for so many people. We just gave away a pair of tickets today. We'll probably do it again tomorrow. Now, imagine you're at this dream concert and free hot dogs start parachuting down from the sky for you to enjoy. If that sounds too good to be true, it's not. Chris was recently performing at T Mobile Park in Seattle, and they usually do that for the home games to be fun, but they.
Speaker 4: Did it during the concerts.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool moment on the music blog page, those are Houston said.
Speaker 1: Length football, baby, it's that come on preseason football.
Speaker 4: Least.
Speaker 5: The Texans and Bears kickoff for the preseason tonight with the NFL's Hall of Fame game. Because Andre Johnson going into the Hall for the Texas and Devin Paster for the Bears, expect the starters to play very little, if at all, but it's still going to be football.
Speaker 1: Kickoff for the game is at seven. You can watch it at ESPN and ABC.
Speaker 5: In baseball, the Astros got by the Pirates last night five to four to avoid the sweep. I have a day off today before they open up a weekend series at the Rays tomorrow night at Minute Made. In the Olympics, Team USA added four more medals yesterday in Paris.
Speaker 1: Including one gold, all of the medals being won by women.
Speaker 5: Notable highlights Champaris Katie the Decky broke her own Olympic record in the women's fifteen hundred meter freestyle. That's like the coolest part every last three Olympics where they just have to zoom out to show whoever's behind her, so she'll just finish.
Speaker 13: I think she was.
Speaker 5: Seventeen seconds ahead of whoever. Oh my god one, which is absolutely so. She has the twenty fastest world record times in the fifteen hundred meter freestyle, which is just absolutely incredible. Swimmer Tory husk to call silver and the women's one hundred meter freestyle. The US women's soccer team won against Australia, and the men's basketball team blew out South Sudan.
Speaker 1: US has the most medals overall with thirty one.
Speaker 5: We've got six gold medals behind China, France, Japan and Australia.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. We got to sneak in metal metal in there somewhere. We will. Okay, eight o'clock cover is going to be very very busy, guys. Ninety four or fought in the Buzz Lincoln Park and what I've done rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday, We're gonna play some song clips for you and get you refamiliarize yourself. I think you guys know most of these songs that we're offering up today. In the throwback segment, winning song played at nine point thirty. You vote on the songs that you're about to hear on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. Just a shout out again. You know there's these we were talking about yesterday we were doing our Joe Myers Toyota match day and there were huge donations that were coming in. I just want to shout out to Julie Gonzalez who went into the store this morning and bought the shirt that I'm wearing, ah, the Houston Sunrise shirt. Like the retro sun that's the Pleasure Peer that is depicted on there. And I heard from a guy that it was really excited. He works at the Pleasure Peer Rick. He said, Dude, I'm an electrician here at Pleasure Peer. I heard you talk about us today. Man, I listened to all four hours while I'm working. I definitely will have to get me one of those Sunrise Pleasure Peer shirts along with an og buzz shirt. Thanks for the laughs. Well, that's awesome that you're the electrician over there. Yeah, that was the inspiration for the hashtag Houston Sunrise shirt. We used to Pleasure Peer because I love that view. That's usually where I go to the beach with my kid and we have that in the background and I think it's beautiful. I do. Okay, what else? Thank you yesterday everybody that went into the store. That's why I thought it was so cool that Julie went in there today. Yesterday I was bragging on you guys. I want to make sure I get that number right. It was unbelievable. I was asking for you guys to spend five thousand dollars in the store to match Joe Meyers five thousand dollars. The biggest single day in Rod Ryan Show's store history. Hashtag best listeners in the world. The sales yesterday. That means donations and T shirts which I got to back out for the materials of the T shirt and all that. Fifteen thousand, six hundred and thirty eight dollars and fifty cents. That's crazy, guys, thank you so much for that. I said that I had one more maybe trick in my pocket. I got it. I don't know if I can't even do it, me try something tomorrow. We'll see. I'm still desperate for more money.
Speaker 18: What is this?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is CIV C I V is the name of the band. The song is called Can't Wait One Minute More? I love this damn song. You guess you familiar with this. No, it wasn't a huge hit, nice nuppy, Yeah, it's it's it's it's an awesome sound. It's got that kind of it's raw. It's awesome. I wish SIV became a little bit bigger band like this band. It's a two band battle here for real. This is like Chili's favorite band or one of his favorite bands. He says that every time Deaf Deptones plays, that's my favorite band. Every time Chevelle plays, that's my favorite band. Every time Papa Roach plays, that's my favorite band. Kid Rock, that's my favorite guy. Chili, you're all in on Deptnes over Godsmack. Right, there's no question here. Okay, he's giving me the thumbs up. Depth Tones not in the lead. Depthtones have one hundred and thirty seven votes and Godsmack, who have probably headlined the most buzzfests over the years, they have one hundred and fifty seven votes, so forty two percent of the vote for Godsmack, thirty seven percent of the vote Depthtnes twenty percent for Siev. Chili, you're in second place.
Speaker 13: I'll fix that.
Speaker 1: Hang on a second.
Speaker 7: You can't do that.
Speaker 13: I mean, I'm not fixing it. I mean I'm just going to get the Chile maniacs to start voting for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, yeah, you need to get the Chili maniacs excited. They were the Chili dogs.
Speaker 13: Dows.
Speaker 1: All right, Chili, you needs your help. Put Chili's head on that Bernie Sanders picture and Chili saying I'm here again to ask for your help. I need I need the votes for the death zones right now, they get that into number one spot. All right, Cypress and Montrose. Who we got Alisa from Cypress and Glamour from Montrose.
Speaker 9: Chick fight?
Speaker 1: Is that a chick fight?
Speaker 7: Like that?
Speaker 1: Sounds like a chick fight to me too. Yeah, Mom, put the china away. The girls are at it again. We're gonna meet Alisa and Glamour after this. They're playing for the suburbs Summer Sissler. So Cypress and Montrose, you're out. You can't play anymore. Those suburbs are taken. There are still about eighty suburbs that haven't been represented yet. If you haven't signed up yet, chill. He allows that still up until we get into the second tier of the bracket. At the Buzz dot Com, The.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Morning Show six at am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show throw Back Thursday. Lots of votes coming in now, very good. That's the way it should be.
Speaker 18: Got.
Speaker 1: We got a heavyweight matchup between deaf Tones and Godsmack. Winning song played at nine thirty today and the deaf Tones fans and the Chili Dogs have reacted to them being in second place. They are now in first place. I have two hundred and ninety votes to the one hundred and ninety votes that god Smack has. That was a massive swing. Three hundred votes came in since we did song clips on the air. Keep it going. You can vote right up until nine thirty ten percent chance of ring Partney Cloudy Hype ninety six. Today, Tessa was gonna tell us what's trending.
Speaker 3: After further review of the play, I've decided today's sixt gram Thursday is not Ai.
Speaker 4: She is a real woman and she is the number one blog page for us.
Speaker 3: So if you haven't got over to the Fistagram Thursday, I can.
Speaker 4: Assure you this is a person exists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guarantee.
Speaker 3: Well there's yeah, there's videos, there's talking.
Speaker 4: That's that's the tell.
Speaker 3: It's gonna get harder to do that.
Speaker 1: The listener Alex date this one too. Probably maybe probably all right.
Speaker 3: Blake Lovely is launching a line of hair care products that are going to be in Target.
Speaker 4: So she was sharing that on social. I saw you threw that up on.
Speaker 3: The Looking at Girls blog page had all kinds of stuff on there. You got Sharon Stone, you got Rihanna, you got the Shooter.
Speaker 4: I love that the shooter from is it Tokyo, South Korea?
Speaker 1: South Korea, South Korea. She is like she's got ice in her veins. She's wearing those crazy glasses, and I believe she won gold.
Speaker 4: That's what I kept on putting my fake on it.
Speaker 3: You, Alex, I just want to be an Olympian like these people out And then yeah, looking at girls blog page and then people were actually.
Speaker 4: Voting for the throwback Thursday song.
Speaker 1: That's a popular bond page.
Speaker 4: Who appreciate that?
Speaker 3: That's your that's not your expect that's just spending on a fat five.
Speaker 1: We know, Alisa, don't we Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Good morning, it's Assa.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Alyssa. So it's not the Alisa that plays every now and then on the fresh out of Bad Head to Head. This is Alyssa.
Speaker 4: This is Alissa.
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm good?
Speaker 16: How are you?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 1: Great? So we don't really know each other.
Speaker 3: We've met several times at a bar and.
Speaker 1: Katie I loved it every time that we met. I did. Now wait a minute, you bart said it in Katie, but you're playing for Cypress today.
Speaker 3: I am. I live in Cyprus.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Alisa, good luck to you have you been practicing.
Speaker 3: A little bit. It's definitely twenty year listeners since high school.
Speaker 1: Oh, then you got to know all these songs? No problem? What about Glamer Hey, Glamour, Hey, what's up? Good morning Glamor your repper sending Montrose? Yes, okay, what about you? What's your What have you been practicing? Have you been listening to songs? You've been shouting out your name when you think you know the answer? Song titles means what do you do to get ready for this? Yeah?
Speaker 17: So I've been practicing all weekend, but I've also been listening to.
Speaker 10: Probably junior high so probably a while. About twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we're gonna see. I don't know is who's been listening longer, but who's been listening and paying attention? More song clips are coming up. You got four minutes to just sit and stew on it, Alissa Glamour, We're coming back to you live after the Red Hot Chili Peppers for you to show your brilliance well Montrose or Cyprus advance in this single elimination tournament. Summer Sizzler is next on the BuzzFeed through ninety four five. In the buzz Red Hot Chili Peppers. There you have four minutes. I told you well, four minutes, four and a half minutes. More like the girls are standing by and ready to rip into the suburb Summer Sissler. More votes coming in. That's great for the throwback Thursday song Deftones. Still they've got a lock on that lead position right now. Three songs available for you to vote on on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Tessa has said that don't worry about AI on this Sistagram yes yesterday, huge controversy, so much so that it carried over to read my lips today. Everyone was checking out the Instagram feature on Wildcard Wednesday, and I'm still not convinced that was a real person in there. I'm thinking that it was a I'm leaning AI now, But today she says, I got nothing to worry about. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of ninety six. Yeah, let's just go into the game. Both ladies have told me that they have been doing a little practice, but most of their practice has come from just listening to the station for number of years. Alyssa Cypress Alisa, Alyssa, It's Alyssa. This one's Alyssa. Hi, Alyssa, Hi, Hi. You're taking on Glamour. Hello, Glamour. Okay, okay, let's see the girls going at it in the suburbs Summer Sizzler, Cypress and Montrose, Alex. All that's left to do is for you to put the song in. Alrighty, ladies, We're gonna play you a song. I'm sure it's a song that's been played for a long time. All the songs that we've been using have been played for a long time here on the station. You both said you've been listening for a long time. This should be a layup. Okay, this should be a layup. Now do I know what the song is? No, you don't even have it labeled. Yeah, this is guest, no seating ideas. Okay, this is Game eight, Game eight. Okay, Glamour. You ready? Yeah, Alyssa, you ready to go?
Speaker 9: Yep, let's go.
Speaker 1: You're shouting out your name when you think you know the band and the song title. We need the actual song title. Here we go. Game eight, Suburb Summer Sissler in three two one, good luck.
Speaker 9: Alyssa three food fires one, I know you it?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Listen, tell me the name of the song now, Glammer, No, no, Glamour, guess what you won? Glamer you won? I did, you won? But I want I want to listen and tell me the name of the song. Alyssa, do you know the name of the song?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 3: Was that learned to Fly?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 13: It was, yes, it was just couldn't get it out.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what in Alyssa getting the song wrong? Glamour you win? Yayyy. She was in there shouting out her name, like I know it.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of this game. In your situation right now, Glamour is you did nothing and you advance in the tournament. Now, can you do that and squeak by a couple of times? Yeah, it's been done before in the past. At some point you're going to have to show us your brilliance. But you knew the song after you said you would you have gotten the band and the title. Yeah, yeah, of course you never say no. You're like, of course I knew that, right, it'll be silly, Glamour. You're advancing into the single elimination brackets.
Speaker 15: Way to go.
Speaker 1: Summer of Summer Sizzler continues tomorrow. A Taska, Sita will take on Alvin. Battle of the A's. Here's the STP on the Buzz four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show, Stone Temple Pilots.
Speaker 7: Who are there?
Speaker 1: I mean, let's throw back Thursday. So thinking about them sometimes I expand you've heard me use the term the Flannel four kind of a play on the Beatles, the Fab four. The Flannel four for me are the Seattle bands. Okay it is Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana and Alison Chains in no particular order. Do you want to go Flannel five? I know they're not from Seattle, but man, I like to include STP in there. I like to include them in the Flannel five. There's probably arguments for some other bands, but those are for me. Those are your big ones for sure. And STP I'll never forget when they came out they were being accused of ripping off the Seattle sound. They were absolutely doing their own thing. They were absolutely it's just people like they immediately pounced on them, the critics and everybody, and then they kind of realized, oh wait a minute, this band is for real and still touring and coming to town. Get that information about stp come into town. Log onto the buzz dot com Throwback Thursday. I mean glance over here, so I'm not giving out false info. Death Tones were around during all those Flannel four Flannel five days. Godsmack a little after Deathtones in the lead fifty one percent of the vote. Change in the House of Flies, Godsmack, Keep Away thirty six percent of the vote, SIV at twelve percent. Right now, Deadpool and Wolverine continues to dominate out at the box office. Everybody that has gone to see it except for one guy. He said I just thought it was okay. Everyone else has raved about it. I do want to go see this movie. Every single review, even the guy that said it was okay said not for the children, not for the k I think Deadpool made a kid friendly version. I think they edited, like an edited song that gets played on the radio. I think they made an edit because they knew that so many kids wanted to see it. It's so mass appeal. You just can't have your kids sitting through all those f bombs, let alone the violence and everything else, which I don't think parents care about it anymore. It's just the F bombs. Deadpool Wolverine clocks in at one and eighteen F bombs. Okay, that's a lot. Is it a record? It is not a record? Okay. The first thing I think about with F bombs and I think the guys in Blink onin eighty two debunked this years ago. Blank one eighty two were known as the band Blink. There was another band already registered as the band Blink. They added one eighty two to their name, and the rumor was that was the number of F bombs in Scarface.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there's over two hundred F bombs in Starface, so that they had just changed. They would just tell people that, like it was a different meaning every single time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it kind of just took on. It just kind of took on its own thing. But the most popular rumor about Blank win eighty two was the Scarface F bombs. There's well over two hundred. I want to go Scarface spoilers. Scarface has two twenty six by the way, one hundred and eighteen in Deadpool and Wolverrraine. What are you saying, Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Want to go look up spoilers because I don't know that I'm gonna get in the theaters to watch this one. I'm gonna see that Night Chamalan M Night Shemalan movie tomorrow, the one called Trapped m Night Sha.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm I kind of want to like a psycho thriller.
Speaker 3: I'm more into that, but I do need to google like the spoilers because I want to see.
Speaker 4: I hear there's a Lady Deadpool. Yeah, I kind of want to.
Speaker 1: Tons of cameos, yeah, read the cameo. Big Lebowski Scarface is number eight on the list all time F bomb Champions. Okay, big Lebowski checks in at two hundred and sixty f bombs. I mean that's work to get that many in. And I've seen all these movies and the Big Lebowski. I would have never says it, like every time, I guess so so funny, but two hundred and sixty times in a two hour movie, that's like work to get that many in. I just watched that Beryl and you don't really notice this much?
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 1: Pulp Fiction two hundred and sixty five, Reservoir Dogs two sixty nine. Any questions about Quentin Tarantino's favorite word and the actors that he puts in there? Straight out of Compton three hundred and ninety two F bombs Casino four hundred and twenty two, four hundred, one hundred of them gotta be PESHI, yeah, that's what this is. He probably has four hundred of the four to twenty two uncut gems. That's Sandler, that's five to sixty. That movie got Away from me. I never saw it.
Speaker 5: I don't think you'd like it that much. If you gamble, you'll get it. If you don't gamble, I think it's not as appealing to some people.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't Got away from me? And the Basketball movie Got Away from Me were her. He was the talent agent, maybe the agent of the basketball for the all time champion. Anybody clocking in at five hundred and sixty nine, nice, thank you F bombs anyone? You would think Quentin Tarantino's got to be there, right, No, give us a passionate the Christ. No, I don't know if there's any F bombs in passion of the Christ. Jackass.
Speaker 4: That's another It might have been said, Is there another gangster movie?
Speaker 1: A modern day gangster, modern day gangs, a modern day Wall Street gangster Wolf of Wall Street five? Now that's a long movie too. It's probably three and a half hours long. Still five and sixty nine F bombs in that movie, All of Everybody and all Everybody So Dead, pul Wolverine one hundred and eighteen F bombs, Keep the Kids Away.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Health, Ardis and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and Face Down. Welcome to the nine o'clock Hour, Our fourth and final hour together. Most Jam tickets coming up? Oh, let me talk to Chili. I think he's got a link up today. I think there is a deal. There's a chance to get in on some priests tickets. My man, Chilli, what's up? What's up, Chili?
Speaker 13: How are you doing?
Speaker 9: Sir?
Speaker 1: I'm great? Thank you. Is there a Monster Jam pre sale that starts today?
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, it started today and it goes till August the.
Speaker 1: Fifth, there he is, okay, Yeah, all right, that link is up, So the code and everything that you need to do and need to get in on that if you wanted to buy tickets early on, you know, we got the inside. No one's got more inside info and inside ways to get into Monster Jam than us.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And the cool thing about it is right there.
Speaker 16: You can buy pit party passes okay, post pit party passes and all I mean post so after Monster Jam's done, they have a post event when you get to meet and greet the drivers also, so all that information is there on the block page.
Speaker 1: I didn't know they were still doing that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're doing it, okay, so just go in there you'll see.
Speaker 16: I mean, it kind of shows you everything that they do and how you can get involved like my and there's a link on everything to buy tickets there.
Speaker 1: I have listen, I've always had a pretty healthy respect for all of those Monster Jam drivers. I never respected them more is when I was one of them. So when I got to drive for those couple of years that I was doing that, I had to be there, I think, at noon for the driver's meeting.
Speaker 13: What do you do.
Speaker 1: You're sitting around with Tom Mintz and you're sitting around with Grave Digger, and you're sitting around with all the drivers, and they're going over, here's what we're going to do. This is what the course looks like, and blah blah blah. It's not wrestling, it's not Hey, we're going to set up Grave digger to win. It's not like that. Everybody wants to win. It's a points thing. They want to be at the world finals. They want the points. So it's not fake and it's not phony at all. Every driver in there wants to win this thing. So you're going over where all the ramps are and they talk about, you know, how the show's going to flow and everything, and I'm sitting there not knowing what I'm doing. I can't believe I'm in the room. But my day would start at noon, and then you would do the meet and greets and the hit party and all of that. Then you would go and you'd go and back to your truck and then you'd work with your crew and everything. So I'm doing all the things that the drivers are doing. You do the show Monster Jam starts at about seven, goes to what about ten, nine thirty. Then immediately following the show, we would go up to the third level and we'd sit there and we would sign until after like almost eleven o'clock, a long day in noon, noon until eleven pm. And my heart is pounding the whole time. Of course, the absolute exhaustion. You're like Rod, you drove a truck how hard could it be? Number one? Super hard? Just a long ass day, just an unbelievably long day.
Speaker 3: Then the adrenaline of like getting nervous, and then that adrenaline is like keeping you up and wired for so long. But you're also just you've you've, your body's gone through it.
Speaker 1: Those dudes work their ass off and then you go home. Then you go soak in the tub because man, your body gets rocked in that truck.
Speaker 4: Well, think about the truck.
Speaker 3: They got to go work on him, Like they're mechanics too, so say something happened, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our truck. The last time we were we did a pit party.
Speaker 5: Like he was like, hey, I'm gonna be a little late coming to the meet and greet or the pit party because they had to go help fix his truck and he didn't have like it wasn't a big company that was doing it, so it was like him working on his actual truck that he was driving that night.
Speaker 1: He was an independent driver, so he's he's responsible for staying up. They don't provide all that stuff for him. These guys don't go into the towns and they don't party, they don't go out and the night life. They're so dedicated Number one. They're so happy to be such It's such an exclusive group that drive drives these trucks. They don't want to screw up, but they just they work them. They work them to the bone, man and they and they love it because they all get what they do. They all do it because they absolutely love it. So all right, that was a long way to talk about Monster Jam. We're gonna give you some tickets, but Chile has a code up right now, let me do this. I said that, you know, we got this friend of ours that put together the heavy Metal Metal Count and it got a good reaction. We started it yesterday, I got an updated one. Let's take a listen to the heavy Metal Metal Count for the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the twenty twenty four Paris Summer Games.
Speaker 2: Medal counts hid gopres, go.
Speaker 1: Up Usa, fuck gold. I mean, I don't know that we'd have that if it wasn't for Gojira and they're and they're metal opener for the Olympics this year. I mean, everybody's talking metal and Olympics right now, and so are we. All right, let's do the Monster Jam tickets. A four packet tickets with pit passes October nineteenth and RG Stadium. Bring the family. We'll be down there in the pits. Call her number ten seven.
Speaker 15: Houston for Houston's alternative and tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Welcome back, Mom. That was my Monster Jam noise. Good morning, Hello, good morning. Who's this Felisa? Felicia, you call her number ten time to say hello Felicia for a change.
Speaker 13: Hey, I know testa hooker up?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 3: Okay, Felicia, you get a four packet tickets with pit passes included to Monster Jam at NRG October nineteen. Congratulations, Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you number one for listening. Thank you for the interactive with us picking up the phone calling and I gotta admit hearing that now. Let's just put that in. I gets me excited. Man, Monster Jam is back October nineth team. Uh, four packs of passes all week have been given away, so tomorrow you have another opportunity. But tickets don't go on sale I think until Tuesday. Chili's got a pre sale up for everybody on the world Famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. Felicia, we'll see you there. You got the pit passes, so make sure you come and say hello to us down in the pits.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, for sure.
Speaker 12: My kids are gonna be so excited.
Speaker 13: Oh that's so great.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Felicia, thank you.
Speaker 7: Let's go online.
Speaker 1: Kid's Alex Online ninety five The Muzz. What you're doing today, Hi, today' day.
Speaker 5: Well, you'll be trying to pair olympians with the sport that they participate in. You'll be given the name of these Olympians, but they're not all American Olympians, so it might be a little bit more difficult as you go on. Starts off easy and you're like, I got this is easy, and then you get it for their down.
Speaker 1: No, it's not like a Katie Ladecki might be Kim easy. Michael Phelps, everybody knows that. Oh so that's not current ones the time. You know what he does, nobody does. It sounds like a diver. You have to find out. I over there d gonna help me. We'll go check it out.
Speaker 5: See how many of these athletes you compare with their correct sport. The world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: Deftones are on their way to victory. You do have a food Fighter three and a half minute song in its way, so Godsmack. I still think Godsmack is within striking distance, but the winning song is coming up. So if you had a last minute vote for Throwback Thursday, do it crou.
Speaker 9: First show.
Speaker 1: To the Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz food Fighters under you. Dave Grohl was getting some dad points yesterday on the music blog page. There's the Charlie xc x Apple dance. Is am I doing that?
Speaker 6: Ryan?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's the Bratt Girls summer album dance on TikTok that is going crazy.
Speaker 1: Is the specific moves or is it just just doing something? Yeah, it's a couple of moves. Okay. So Dave Grohl and his daughter yesterday went viral, so we showed you that. Today it's not going anywhere. I've got Eva Longoria and her buddy doing the Charlie xcx Apple dance. I gotta admit I like this one much better. They're in bikinis as they're doing the dance. That's the that's on the Looking at Girls blog page. Dave Grohl was not in a bikini doing that dance yesterday, nor was his daughter. So two days in a row, have you done? This?
Speaker 13: Is this?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: You know what, I haven't really been on TikTok a lot lately posting. I've been on TikTok, just not posting.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Let's see, we have not given away rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets yet. I'm kind of I'm just stalling until nine thirty. It's it's gonna be Deaftones on Throwback Thursday. They just when I said that Godsmack was in striking distance of the Deftones, you guys just hit the pedal to the metal. So coming up, I know the show, rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets. Got to win your way in right? Okay, period, that's right. That's I'm done with that thought that's coming up on the show, got to win your way in new thought. It's Olivia. She's one another one of these teachers. She sounds like she dropped us all some long. I talked about a teacher earlier today and she said, listen, I promise you I was listening to the podcast all summer long. But I'm back doing some administrative things. I think, HISD A lot of the teachers are back doing some things. Kids aren't in yet, but teacher Olivia is back in our lives. And she said, I'm back listening to you guys live. Congratulations on your big day in the store yesterday. And I told you, guys, it was over. It was fifteen six dollars that you spent in the story. Yes, dad today. I love every one of you, I really do, she said, I'm sorry I missed it. I'm going to get in the store. It sounds like she's catching up on everything, which is okay. She said, you kind of mentioned that you might do something tomorrow. Do you want me to wait?
Speaker 4: There's good questions.
Speaker 1: These are all good questions. Olivia, welcome back. Why did you leave us all summer? That's okay, miss, I'm not man. She's catching up on everything. I'm going to try to pull something off tomorrow. If you want to wait, you can. If you have to go into the store right now. Some of you have made purchases today. I really appreciate it. Sold a couple of the T shirts that I'm wearing right now. It's good. I don't think we've talked too much about the Houston Sunrise shirt. That is pleasure Peer. That's Galveston's pleasure Peer. That's being to depict it on that sunrise shirt. I want to say what I'm gonna do because I don't want people to tell me I can't do it.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know what is it? It's just legal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Probably, I don't want to say what it is until it rhymes with bossom. Okay, it's gonna be do it. It's gonna be awesome if we pull it off. You can't say. I don't want to be told no. I don't want to be told no. And I think Wizard's back from vacation.
Speaker 4: He is said, have a meeting. I really, we have a meeting and we're Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he did this. This vacation of his was so secretive. I knew about the last time he went. He didn't say squad about this one, and I do feel like he wasn't for the first time in his over ten years now, I feel like he might not have been listening. I know he's listening, so I'm not gonna say anything else, okay, because I know we have a meeting and says like oh, what are you planning on tomorrow, mister Ryan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Nothing nothing rhymes with bossom tomorrow, That's all I know. Okay, here it is nine, So teacher Olivia, wait until tomorrow. Here we go, third place, SIV can't wait one minute more. Not even ten percent of the vote. I said there was two heavyweights in there, Godsmack being one of the heavyweights. Forty one percent Deftones change in the House of Flies. Almost fifty percent of you said that's what you wanted to hear. That's what you shall hear.
Speaker 6: Mom.
Speaker 13: It's so about Thursday, wherever the hell that is.
Speaker 1: Here's your Throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five The Bush.
Speaker 6: To work until you send you, like the crowd away. I'm calling me away.
Speaker 1: Twenty years of Mayhem in the Morning with the Rod Ryan Show Only b Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday, deathtnes before that, and Gotzmak was leading for a moment, and then once we did the song clips, it was all over from there. Once you guys got just a little taste of the Death Tones, apparently that taste was pretty good, and you you wanted to feast, so feast. We did, so Chili's happy. Chili lost ten over there listening never mind, uh.
Speaker 13: What nobody knows what that means?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'd like that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of what is going on with our boy Chili, he gave me a full lineup. I didn't even ask. He told me everything we're doing tomorrow. He told me everything we're doing. Well, that's kind of a wrap up on today's Okay, yeah, I see it.
Speaker 4: I'm actually on that email right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what my man Chili is working ahead.
Speaker 16: What that was for Teresa, Jeremy and Kara, and I was add y'all on it, so y'all know what's going on. So whenever stuff happens, wait, wait, act like doing the headlights.
Speaker 1: But are you stopping me from sharing this with the listeners? Do you not think this would be great intel for someone that was going to tune in tomorrow? I just wanted to say, Hi, Hello, great job problem high as my kid says, mister Chili.
Speaker 13: Don't jump, don't get spoiled because I'm just feeling gracious.
Speaker 1: Day Okay at six, so the fresh out of bed had to head at six twenty at six forty five, fun Fact of the Day four pack of tickets with Pitt passes the Monster Gym at seven twenty tomorrow morning twentieth Anniversary show Party tickets seven twenty eight twenty a task A Seda takes on Alvin for the Suburb Summer Sizzler nine ten Chris Tableton tickets and at nine point fifty on know the show? If you can answer, uh, you know the show? First row tickets, the third I blind. It's a great lineup tomorrow and then maybe something a little extra, maybe a wizards standing right there, so I can't say anything. Never mind her about it. Don't worry about it. Go back on vacation. Hey, you just got here on a beach. I didn't even miss pan. There's a food.
Speaker 4: It is bracelets.
Speaker 3: Look at these bracelets.
Speaker 7: What is he doing?
Speaker 1: You got a puka shell necklace? Where were you? I don't know if I did. Mike works Wait, this is I like, hello, ro what are you planning? Don'try about tomorrow? I didn't think you were. Remember going on vacation again? This is what happens. I don't like it. My question isn't like this. Who comes back from vacation on a Thursday. I didn't know you the guy that wants to check up on Rod Ryan.
Speaker 3: That's again, that's luxurious.
Speaker 1: Trust has nothing to do with it. I feel like it's all about control. Let's go back to your little umbrella drinks and don't worry about us until Monday. I want to know what's happening. No, no, no, I got to tune into Don't worry about It. I did listen from the Beach rod Come on, I did listen. Give me a break a little bit. What do you give it away? I know the show here. I want to know what beach Whister was at.
Speaker 3: I've passes to the twentieth Anniversary party.
Speaker 4: You ever heard of that wizard?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, we've got tickets for you. On the flip Testa's going to ask you a question about today's show. I don't go Anywhere and the Rod Ryan Morning Show. Six Yeah, the Buzz ninety four or five buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, let's do this. La la la la la la la. Time for know the show. Ron Ryan showed twentieth Anniversary Party, Passes, live performances unplugged from Shine Down, Sublime Blue, October, Theory of a Dead Man in the XCES. There is no on sale. There are no tickets sold. You have to win your way in what's your question to win these?
Speaker 3: Well, I did this really informative article about how if you kiss your partner for six seconds, it'll release oxytocin. But the guy said, listening to this will actually do the same amount of good for you if you listen to a specific drop song, name the drop, and then I'll give you the tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, passes seven, one three, two, one two five five.
Speaker 13: He smells sweat. Oh, you smile like stupid, No, no, no, nothing.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show ninety four to five. Okay, ninety four five, the Buzz rod Ryan Show, getting ready to wrap things up here. The biggest ticket in town is this one right here, The rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Jeremy just sent me a note. He's gonna include these in his pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, and he's got like stp I mean, real heavyweight tickets here, and he said, the one that everyone wants is this one right here that we're giving away. He said it. He confirmed it when people were given the choice of a whole palette of tickets. He's like, oh, it's a no brainer for everyone's going to twentieth anniversary party, So let's give away a pair right here. It's now time for Know This Show on ninety four to five. Ful La La, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello. Who's this? This is Ashley Ashley. Welcome to the show. See if we get you, we get you into this party here, Tess.
Speaker 3: So your question, Ashley, tell me what the guys think releases oxytocin.
Speaker 1: That would be still go ahead, you can tell everybody what happened.
Speaker 3: Seals singing Seals. So I was doing a story about how kissing your partner for six seconds releases oxytocin and can get rid of that stress hormone cortisol.
Speaker 4: But the guys I felt what I said, let's just listen to this. It's the same.
Speaker 1: I felt like more cortisol was being released during this here. Let's just let's listen to it, just a clip. We don't have to listen to the whole thing. Hang on, Ashley, does anybody getting any chili brown vibes? I'd like to hear Seal sing. I'd like to hear chili brown sing. Seal with a mouthful of jellybeans. Ashley, you are a winner, Tessa Hooker up.
Speaker 3: Ashley, I'm gonna give you a pair of passes to the twentieth anniversary Rod Ryan Show party.
Speaker 4: Brent and Zach shine down.
Speaker 1: We're going to be there.
Speaker 3: Jacob Noel porn performing with Sublime, I mean Sublime songs, his Dad songs, justin Ryan Blow October and so much more.
Speaker 16: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You're in, Ashley to the hottest ticket, the coolest party in town.
Speaker 10: As listener every day, I'm so excited.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, six to ten. I love that. Thank you, Ashley. That's an Ashley with an ey there. Thank you. Okay, fresh Jacob, Guys, I knew today was going to be special because Jacob just came in here. He was a fresh fish, never played before, and just took out an eight time Hall of Famer in Kenny the cash Man. Who is this really polarizing guy? Stunned home room, actually absolutely just shocked the world this morning. He's gonna go for win number two tomorrow, fresh out of bad head to head. I'm telling you, homeroom is must listen to Radio Fix the gram. Apparently it's not a I so that helped it propel to the number one link today. Thank you to everybody that submitted words. Tessa comes away with the victory against Chile. In Read my Lips throw Back Thursday, Voters, you wanted deaftnes, you got deaf Tones. The Suburbs Summer Sizzler Glamour from Montrose by default advances into the tournament. A task a Seat that takes on Alvin Tomorrow at eight twenty. Tomorrow is also open Phones Friday and the last and final hour together Free Beer Friday will give you a case of beer each and every hour, and there is a Fanny Friday feature that I guess Chili has lined up for tomorrow. And then it just says, does Rod have something up his sleeve? I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt, so it would have to be way tucked up there. I don't know. I didn't know Wizard was back. It kind of the fact that Wizard's around. We're gonna do something tomorrow. I'm gonna do something on the show tomorrow at the meeting. Yeah, oh yeah, hell yeah. He's gonna be beat me up on the meeting. What it is, don't worry about it, Okay, Like I said, Jeremy's Got twentieth Anniversary passes NonStop noonor that'll be in your choices. Okay, local love shout out with Teresa coming up later on today. Shopping in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I would say, maybe wait till tomorrow to do that new Past the Gravy episode went up today. Yeah, we'll check it out, guys. Pretty good, Go Team USA. More Olympics and that's it. We're on a twenty hour break. Maybe all right, we're back with you tomorrow. Ams. Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show to all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 15: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com