Speaker 1: Come, come on, come on, come out. Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, PE's around.
Speaker 3: Oh Moday, wakey Wankey, hands off, snakey rod.
Speaker 1: Ryan show check it in five fifty five. Boy, we're gonna be busy today.
Speaker 3: Number one, it's our Saint Jude Radio fung sponsored by Gallery Furniture.
Speaker 1: Tess is gonna be talking about that. I'll be talking about that all morning long to Saint Jude people. They're awesome. They're in house with us this morning, so.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be giving you an idea of what's going on. I'm talking about Saint Jude this morning, but we got some things we gotta do on this show today. Fresh out of Man had two head Tournament of Champion.
Speaker 1: Sean Connery takes on Cody. That's gonna be a good game today. Pierce Vale was announced this week.
Speaker 3: We've got tickets for you on the Fun Fact Flashback, So Homeroom.
Speaker 1: You're getting those tickets before they go on sale today at ten or tomorrow at ten am.
Speaker 3: A Wall Nation tickets at seven twenty Read my Lips is back at eight twenty Read my Lips. Alex takes on Tessa for ac DC tickets nine o'clock hour, Jerry Cantrell tickets, all Elite Wrestling tickets on Know the show today. Now not as much rain as yesterday, but still a good chance of it twenty percent chance of rain. Cloudy's guys his today of around sixty six. It's a little bit more mild out there right now. Good morning Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, Good morning Rod, and good morning homeroom. So, as Rod mentioned, we are doing the Saint Jude Radio fond today. So it's a big day, not just for us, for our company, our sister stations. Everyone's kind of getting in on this. The house is getting packed. There are people here at the same time as us right now, all because we want you to pledge just nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. So you can become a monthly donor, you can put your gift on a credit card. You'll get the new this Shirt Saves Lives t shirt, which we're all gonna rock.
Speaker 5: I believe we all got one.
Speaker 4: Uh, we got to do a little outfit change here, guys. Just text the word kids to six two six two six ' two and click the link from Saint Jude. That's how you donate. So please if you can text kids to six two six two six two. That's gonna be our big headline this morning. All right, moving on to the more serious stuff right now. A suspect is still on the run. The search goes on for the man who gunned down United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson in Manhattan so Wednesday morning, the shooting happened, and the suspect ran off and ultimately jumped on a bike and rode into Central Park. Investigators say while a motive isn't clear, they believe Thompson was targeted by the gunman. The fifty year old was in the city for an investor conference, was shot multiple times outside the New York Hilton Midtown and later pronounced dead at the hospital. What song do you want played at your funeral? You need a break from all the holly jelly chair.
Speaker 5: Here you go. You can answer this song.
Speaker 4: We're gonna ask this question on our Facebook page as well. Have you ever thought about this? What song you want played at your funeral? Here's a popular answer. It's the most popular answer. Another one, bites the Dusk by Clean so I feel like people are, you know, in post foredom. They have a little bit of a darker sense of humor. Girls just want to have fun. Also a good one, that's number three my way, Frank Sinatra a very popular choice. And bad Moon Rising create It's Clearwater Revival.
Speaker 5: We'll be going through these later.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at some of them on Facebook right now.
Speaker 3: Debora Lynn, I actually have a playlist all made out Nothing Else Matters from Metallica tops the list of her playlist that she already has. She said, that's her wishes, That's what she wants played at her funeral.
Speaker 5: Got to respect her wishes.
Speaker 3: That's on our Facebook page. That's on links and guests today. You can go check that out. So there's I got that going on. I got a poll question.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be busy this day this morning, for sure.
Speaker 4: New York Magazine asked past and president SNL cast first Saturday Night Live what their biggest splurge was when they got their first paycheck from this show, and it turns out they couldn't do much because they weren't being paid much. Pete Davison told the magazine, do you guys know what they pay us? It's like three grand an episode. I think I got dinner. James Austin Johnson, the guy who currently plays Donald Trump, got the most uncomfortable West Elm couch of all time.
Speaker 5: Cherry O.
Speaker 4: Terry also bought a couch, which she apparently still has. Yeah, it goes on seth My Saria's Silverman. He bought a Cashmeer sweater. Sarah Sherman bought an ice mattress.
Speaker 3: The dichotomy of this is you'll sometimes they'll ask football players, you know, or professional athletes, would you buy your first check? And it's like, yeah, I bought my mama house. Yeah, these guys are buying a couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If Pete's claim a three thousand per episode is legit, that means a cast member who's on every episode in a season would earn between fifty four thousand dollars a year fifty between fifty four and sixty six thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 5: In New York City.
Speaker 1: You can't live in New York City with that. No, thank you, absolutely jelling comedian. So you're getting other stuff on the side of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but still it's just you. You have maybe two roommates living with that.
Speaker 4: We like, if you look like.
Speaker 1: Michael Cha toured and did like stand up all year that was in between S and L. But you gotta think about when you first get signed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you might be on Second City or something and you're doing free stock, you're on stage, you're below the.
Speaker 5: Poverty line in New York City.
Speaker 4: With that, you just are big influencers are getting bigger brand deals for one post than they are for a whole episode. Surviving Soundgarden members are set to perform at a charity charity event.
Speaker 5: It'll be brief. The remaining members.
Speaker 4: Are getting back together the thirteenth Annual Smooch Benefit Concert for Seattle Children's Hospitals Uncompensated Care Funds. So I mean that we get that, we get doing stuff for charity. That's what we're trying to do today. So remember text kids to six six two, six to two. Those are Houston's headlines, all.
Speaker 1: Right, what you got over there?
Speaker 6: On Thursday night football, Jared Goff and the Lions are gonna host Jordan Love and the Packers. Lines coming to this is three and a half point Favorites kick off of me at seven fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video in some Texans News. Linebacker as he's al Shai Year's appeal of his three game suspension was denied yesterday. John Runyon is the head of the players Association, guy that was overseeing it. One of the biggest scumbags, dirtiest players ever and he said it was a dirty hit.
Speaker 1: So I don't feel like he should be in charge of that stuff.
Speaker 6: He'll be out until the Texans regular season finale against the Titans in week eighteen.
Speaker 1: Texans will be going to buy this week in basketball.
Speaker 3: If he's a scumbag, I'm guessing he either played for the Cowboys or the Eagles.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong. I knew he played for the scumbag.
Speaker 6: Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Warriors on the road.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: It'll tip about at nine o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that what's going on in.
Speaker 1: Sports by Here we go, Here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now.
Speaker 3: First phone call, We're here. What do you want to talk about? How you want to get us started?
Speaker 1: This morning?
Speaker 3: Seven one three, two, one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio, It's this one by the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Red Hot Chili Peppers in Danny, California. I think one of the best viral videos of the year was Chad Smith. There's a drum series out there where they have I know it's a little nerdy, but they have drummers out there and they they pipe in songs into their headphones in the studio and they get rid of the drum track and they try to find a song that the drummer has never heard before.
Speaker 1: I know you saw the Chad Smith video.
Speaker 3: He never apparently he never heard that thirty seconds to Mars song and they just said, Chad, now you've got to play along to this. He's so good, and Chad brilliantly just jumped in and played the song. They do this with a lot of different drummers, but the Chad Smith one was so ridiculous because he just felt the groove perfectly. He played along to a song that he had never heard before.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna get enough flowers unfortunately, until he's gone. Then we're all gonna be like whoa yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, people know the musicianship in your favorite band, you know it's the best, maybe the best rhythm section in rock and we talk about John for Chante, what a genius he is.
Speaker 1: And then and then they got that singer.
Speaker 5: And then there's Anthony, the singer with.
Speaker 4: His beautiful hair and.
Speaker 5: He talked off years ago.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody, listen. It's a huge day for us. We're working with our friends over at Saint Jude. It was one of the highlights of my year was going on campus. I went to Saint Jude this year and I saw what was happening over there. I saw what they do, how they helped children. You thank God every day when you have a kid that they're okay, and you hope to God they stay that way. But boy, if they need help, there's nobody better on the planet at helping kids with cancer than Saint Jude. And the families never get a bill. And we'll kind of sprinkle in some of that stuff throughout the day today. But we are working with Saint Jude. They are they are on our campus today. It's our Saint Jude Radiothon. We're working with all of our stations here. I Heart Houston sponsored by Gallery Furniture, and we're asking you to become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help out the kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. They thought of everything at that hospital. They don't want it to smell like a hospital. It smells different in there. It's so beautiful. They don't have wheelchairs. Kids are getting pulled around in red wagons.
Speaker 1: That's us, you know what I mean. They all got tablets.
Speaker 3: And it's just it's it's just unbelievable the thought and the care and everything that goes into helping these children. So you can put your gift on a credit card and you're gonna get the new this Shirt Saves Lives t shirt, and then we've got these cool Saint Jude sweatshirts. And it's kind of like how the music and how our radio station is involved. So you can call one eight hundred five eight five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. It's one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three, and we got people here that are answering calls. And if you were looking to help out, telling you there's almost nothing better you could do with your money than the help the folks over at Saint Jude. Twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy skies, highs up around sixty six today.
Speaker 1: We're insanely busy.
Speaker 3: On top of all that, we got to squeeze in the show fresh out of bat Head to Head Tournament of Champions, Sean taking on Cody this morning, Pierce the Veil. Tickets coming your way in home room and I see every phone line ringing this morning.
Speaker 8: Wow, it's this time for the first phone call of the day, Craig.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Craig, Hey, good morning, Hey, Craig.
Speaker 9: How are you doing wrong yourself?
Speaker 1: I'm doing awesome, doing awesome. It's gonna be a gret day today.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be working with Saint Jude for the next couple of days as a matter of fact, today and tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But what do you got going on this morning?
Speaker 9: Just driving to work?
Speaker 1: What do you do? I work for h okay, a fleeting.
Speaker 9: Facilities manager, so just take care of their cars and one service equipments.
Speaker 1: Love it is it outdoors or indoors for you? What kind of work?
Speaker 9: It's mostly indoors?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're getting rained on today or what. But what do you got for the first phone call today? What's on your mind.
Speaker 9: So I've been a long time listener on and off for like seventeen years. Thank you, And I think I know, I know. One of the reasons why I love listening to you guys show.
Speaker 1: I love to hear that is background music.
Speaker 9: To me. That's a huge thing because I don't like listening to dead air or people breathing. And then the other thing is the mutual respect you guys have with each other, and you guys don't talk over each other like when you guys have a conversation. Dude, those are like two big things. I'm like, if people just learn that probably help them out.
Speaker 3: The things that you're saying, it's like listening to a radio consultant.
Speaker 1: Do you have such an educated ear? Crag.
Speaker 3: The things that you're saying right now, these aren't These aren't normal comments that people may when they talk about you know, why do you like a radio show? Why do you like what you know? What you listen to in the morning. The things that you're saying, I love because they are crazy important to me.
Speaker 1: They are so important to me.
Speaker 3: And sometimes you think that some of those things go unnoticed, and the fact that you're noticing them, Craig, that's huge.
Speaker 1: It drives Alex crazy because he's the he's kind of.
Speaker 3: Like the executive or he's kind of like the technical producer of the show, so he's got to kind of do things on the background. The thing about this show is there is no dead air. Yes, there's always something playing, whether we're talking about one song or another, or there's a music bed that's accompanying, you know, Tessa's stories or something that we're talking about. That's something that I started doing a long long time ago, and then people just kind of gave up on it because it's too much work. It's too much work to keep music going underneath you the whole time, and we do that on this show. And the fact that you picked up on that, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's that's something that I take great pride in with this show, and it kind of makes it sound a.
Speaker 1: Little different than everyone else. I'm free to do it my dead air.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Not only that, it's just like sometimes I'll just switch on the radio and I know exactly what you guys are talking about just because of the background. Years I'm like, oh, they're talking about sports, oh, weather, traffic report, this, that and the other.
Speaker 1: I am so impressed with you. It's like a dog whistle to hen.
Speaker 3: I am so impressed with your phone call, and that means we're picking the right music and the topics that we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Craig, you couldn't put a bigger smile.
Speaker 3: On my face this morning. Thank you for your comments. Thanks for listening all these years.
Speaker 1: Man. I appreciate you. Oh thanks, thank you, dude, thank you. Wow, that's such a great call. Greg, wait to start my day. Let me take a short break, let me come back and a rerec check for you.
Speaker 3: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of bed.
Speaker 4: Head to head chatting, rock and all tearing the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 11: I'm six to ten.
Speaker 3: Am, ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Twenty percent chance of rain cloudy skies today high of around sixty six. Alex is making preparations for the Fresh out of bed Head too head Tournament of Champions. Got a couple of greats coming up. Every one of these games has been absolutely stellar.
Speaker 1: Uh trending today.
Speaker 3: I know it's our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture.
Speaker 1: People can get involved. A lot of calls coming in already, which is awesome. I'm sorry, there you go.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. And you know, last time we were a part of this, we really showed I think collectively what our listeners, how generous the Rod Ryan Show listeners are, and we really want to do that again this year. So I gave you the tech script earlier where you can just text the word kids to six two six two six two and then you click the link from Saint Jude to donate. So that's an easy way to do it. But if you want to call, we have so many people standing by on these on these phones right now. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. You can become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Jude find cancer. You put that gift on a credit card and you'll get the new this Shirt Saves Lives t shirt and a new Saint Jude's sweatshirt which we were all wearing for a picture. I don't know if it's up on our iget, but we'll post it. So if you want to match with us, you can totally do that. One eight hundred and five eighty one four three three. So that's our top trend this morning. Our second trend has got to be what Kim Kardashian has chosen to wear on a motorcycle. What do you think of her motorcycle outfit?
Speaker 3: Rod, I wouldn't recommend that on a motorcycle. I love what she's wearing. She's wearing a helmet.
Speaker 1: Which is good, that's safe.
Speaker 3: The rest of the outfit really not motorcycle approved, but I love it.
Speaker 1: It's I'm looking at girls. That's awesome. What else?
Speaker 4: Okay? Also, we were talking about Sabrina Carpenter's boyfriend Barry that apparently cheated. It's very Keyogan or Keyogan.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's Hegan, is it Keegan?
Speaker 4: We'll just call him Perry with a huge dog, that weirdo in a Saltburn movie. So apparently he cheated on Sabria Carpenter with a TikTok influencer Brecky Hill apparently also very famous in her own way. But yeah, that's what's trending on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, we got a game to play here. We've got time for such a Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 3: Nonsense, Okay, Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 12: You know what we're doing this morning.
Speaker 1: Mary, everybody, this is Sean. You're fresh out at bed Head to Head.
Speaker 11: Hall of Fame Member number ten for twenty twenty four. Hey, this garage looks really nice.
Speaker 1: This is my first time.
Speaker 11: Here, and now I just sit and wait for the tournament.
Speaker 1: You make bets on me right now, because I'm.
Speaker 13: Coming into the Tournament's champions.
Speaker 1: Swinging and I'm gonna kick your ass.
Speaker 14: Bitches.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 3: I love that speech. I love that speech. Everyone should be like that. Oh okay, I'm sorry. I think I've been kind of promoing the wrong people. Cody yourself next, right, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, all right, Cody, just regular san.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 15: This is Cody. The five day run is complete. I am here fresh out of bed Head Ahead and the Hall of Fame member number nine for twenty four. My last game was a little shafety, but it woke me up and I'll be ready to go for the tournament Tournament of Champions at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Bitches. All right, back to back.
Speaker 3: Hall of Famers Number nine and number ten take each other on next audio.
Speaker 1: You were listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, three eleven and down Rod Ryan's show. Our Saint Jude Radio thon is going on. Chilly has a link up. It's the it's the first link on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. Looking for you to become a partner in Hope and the whole thing sponsored by Gallery Furniture.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Mattress Mack. He's got open heart surgery next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna mention that in the next trendy, so he's not.
Speaker 1: I think he goes in Tuesday, so we'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: But certainly we hope our friend Mattress Mac, who's been a great friend of the show for a number of years now, we hope he's doing well. But of course he stepped up and said, hey, I want to sponsor this Saint Jude Radio time, So thank you Mac. Claudy' skuys today twenty percent chance of rain, highs of around sixty six.
Speaker 1: We got a little game.
Speaker 7: To play here and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head chat.
Speaker 1: Come on listeners to your corners. Cody, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi Cody, Cody, you were Hall of Famer number nine. Is this your first time in the Hall of Fame? It is, yeah, pretty evenly matched up here because Sean.
Speaker 1: Is also a first time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Cody went in as Hall of Famer number nine, Sean went in as Hall of Famer number ten.
Speaker 1: Back to back. Nice work boys, Good morning, Sean, Good morning. Making sure that you.
Speaker 3: Guys can hear each other, Cody, say hi to Sean. Just make sure you guys can hear each other.
Speaker 9: Hello, Sean, very good morning.
Speaker 1: Coachy, Okay, good they can hear each other.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, this is normally where I would say, hey, what are they playing for?
Speaker 1: No prizes? You're playing to stay in the tournaments?
Speaker 3: Okay, You're playing to move yourself in along the brackets.
Speaker 1: And Sean is playing to make Rod Madden me. Yeah, Sean, Yeah, Sean.
Speaker 5: Did you hear us saying that we're not rooting for you? That's not right.
Speaker 3: I am rooting for seanright, I got back up playing. Okay, all right, okay, all right, Sean and Cody.
Speaker 1: He's already making preparations for his victory. Okay, looking ahead too far? Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can. I don't think you can look past Cody. He did good this year. All right, you're you're you're trying to get into the Grade eight winner is going to take on Double O seven. There is one last bit of business here. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You need to correct answers to take on Double O seven who Summer saying that he might take the whole thing this year. To be the best, you gotta beat the best, Cody Sean, You ready, yes?
Speaker 16: Ready?
Speaker 1: Question number one?
Speaker 3: What was the name of the sunken ship that Jack.
Speaker 1: And Rose Sean Sean the Titanic? Yeah? Jack and Rose? Are you going? Jack and Rose on Titanic?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Jack, Diane, Jack and Rose felt well they were sucking on a chili dog.
Speaker 9: That was.
Speaker 1: One of them. Was who got that? Sean? Thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's got a backup to him. Alex feels a little better about that now.
Speaker 1: I do. All right, Cody, you were right.
Speaker 3: There is very close. Okay, bro, it was close. Right here we go, Cody and Sean. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: What does bogo mean? When Sean three? I have no idea one?
Speaker 3: It's good games, there's a good questions. Cody, you got a free one here? What does bogo mean?
Speaker 1: When shopping by one get one?
Speaker 3: It's a correct answer, Cody, you got to find another gear because now you're evenly matched. But somehow he's getting in before you.
Speaker 4: Can.
Speaker 1: I f are your Apple watch. I'm worried about my heart right now? All right, here we go. Next question?
Speaker 4: A knife?
Speaker 1: Are you offering me a knife? Oh? I thought like, here's a knife. Just end it. Now for the win? What ventilation structure? I don't think he has it?
Speaker 3: Sean ventilation structure three two?
Speaker 1: Duct work not bad? That was Sean, Cody. For the wind?
Speaker 3: What ventilation structure does Santa use to get inside your home?
Speaker 1: Jimmy, Wow?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Did Sean lose or did Cody win? Or did both of those things just happen? I don't know both of those things did happen?
Speaker 1: They did happen? Yeah, Sean, you lost? Yep, yep, all right, we're gonna hear from me next to year.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yes, I like to hear that. I'd like to hear that. Thanks for being a great first time champion this year.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cody double O seven, ain't gonna, ain't gonna lay those out out.
Speaker 1: There for you, Hey, first sever Hall of Fame game, A win, win, absolutely for the next one.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, first time in the Hall.
Speaker 1: So I think you do you get that under your.
Speaker 3: Belt, and then I think you come back as an assassin.
Speaker 1: And that's what exactly those are your marching orders. Come back as an assassin. Okay, get there.
Speaker 3: Cody advances. You can follow them along on these brackets. Chili has them up. What do we have for you in store on Friday A Babby and Sammy Baker Davis Junior.
Speaker 1: Hell, well, yes, man, I'm here for it. Every morning, right.
Speaker 11: Right show celebrating twenty years, ninety four five.
Speaker 3: Here we go ninety four or five. The buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: That's Lincoln Park and the emptiness.
Speaker 3: Good morning, twenty percent chance of rain Cloudy's guys, highs up around sixty six.
Speaker 12: Hit it.
Speaker 1: The fresh out of bed head to Head hut Edge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 15: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 13: It's first time Hall of Famer Tody advancing to the Grade eight and the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Tournament of Champions twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Now, it's no Sean versus Sean to worry about.
Speaker 13: And don't worry about my first game, Jitters coming back at Killer join me Friday, December thirteenth versus Shan Kong, and I take out the favorite to move to the final four. Bitches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just because og Ben said that he was a favorite. So he's kind of played on that. He's like, Okay, I'll show you who's the favorite. I'm gonna take him out and then maybe you'll start thinking differently about me. Expect me man, great game tomorrow. I mean, just follow along on the brackets. Chili has the brackets up. Sammy Baker, Davis Junior and Abby play tomorrow. They're trying to get they're fighting for their lives to get into the Great eight.
Speaker 1: I love this tournament.
Speaker 11: It's the fuck that's the day.
Speaker 1: Come on, we make you look smart here, buddies. It's the fuck that's to the day. All right, I'm gonna have to move through these quickly.
Speaker 3: We're late, so the probabilit just yeah, I know there's gonna be a ton of follow up.
Speaker 1: I don't have time.
Speaker 3: The probability of you drinking a glass of water that contains at least a molecule of water that also passed through a dinosaur is one hundred percent. But but but but Rod, but but.
Speaker 1: I don't know' sung but rod, but Rod? I don't have time, Okay.
Speaker 3: Emato phobia is the extreme fear of emado phobia.
Speaker 4: Something that's happening immediately.
Speaker 1: No throwing up, that is.
Speaker 9: Who.
Speaker 3: It's really not that common. I mean, nobody likes to throw up, except I like. I like hearing people throw up. You like hearing I love hearing it. I mean I've already had believe it.
Speaker 1: Or not, I had.
Speaker 3: I had a Hallway discussion about Saint Patrick's say already gallon challenge.
Speaker 1: I love the sound of it on the radio.
Speaker 3: By the way, amidophobia, it's not that common, but about ninety percent of the people who have it chicks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Finally, the word helicopter is made up of two words, but it's not helly and compter. It comes from hellico, which means spiral, and p t e er peture, which is a suffix that means has wings.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's neat, okay, pature bless you, hey, we make you look smart? Bunny, every buddy, this the fuck back to the day. Okay, what you giving away?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets to see Pierce the Veil on there. I can't hear you tour WOODLANDSVILLI in.
Speaker 1: June twelfth, Loka.
Speaker 3: It's two thirds of the people in the world have never seen this in real life. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: Here's my money guy, he's on the phone. Good morning, hell, brother Rode, Good morning, my god brother. Hell. How did we do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 17: It was a good day on Wall Street. The Dow was up three hundred and eight points. Kickoff this morning at forty five thousand and fourteen. NASDAC got two hundred and fifty four. We're at nineteen thousand, seven thirty five, Benjamarktin, your treasury's trading at a four point two to one percent. Oil stands at sixty eight dollars thirty one in one sense of barrel. Two of the most actives the big studs Salesforce, Navidia and Amazon. The big duds Verizon, Chevron and Coca Cola. On the economic calendar, this morning, we'll get numbers on the US trade deficit for October. Right now, futures just barely on the downs, like, come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 17: I'm mat here to saal And Maniji director with the Ramy James Porter for the ron Ryans. So from Ramy James on Sam Felipa and Agusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Famian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. In come Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 2: We'll continue.
Speaker 8: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAND. This program is are educational and informational services on like the Studs of Duds are based on movement, as reported by Young.
Speaker 1: Finance ninety four to five. The Buzz Good morning, rod Ryan's show on this jeez, it's throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, So I know we've got so much going on, and I also some of you have already sent me your word suggestions. We are playing my lips at eight twenty, so make sure you send me those word suggestions.
Speaker 1: Email me directly. Rod at the buzz dot com. It's your bun a Blie. Good morning. Who's this?
Speaker 11: Good morning at Emily.
Speaker 1: Hi, Emily, welcome to the fun fact flashback.
Speaker 3: Two thirds of people in the world have never seen this in real life.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, it is shi really so you.
Speaker 1: Should be all right, well, congratulations. What do you give it, Emily?
Speaker 4: Emily, you get a pair of tickets, a pierced the veil. Congratulations.
Speaker 18: Awesome, Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 5: It's our pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Emily, hangout for me. All right, let's get right after it.
Speaker 3: We've got Cloudie's guys today, twenty percent chance of rain, high of sixty six.
Speaker 1: What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Well, you know the first headline, Rod is our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture, and we want to shout out Christina in spring because she decided to save lives help by cancer. She became a monthly donor by pledging just nine teen dollars a month. Okay, now here's the thing. Christina in spring. She either texted the word kid six two six two six two, clicked on the link and donated to Saint Jude, or I think she just called our phone bank. Okay, one eight hundred and five eight eight one four three three. That's how you get involved. I know they had a goal. They wanted twenty seven by seven people to become partners in hope. That was a partner in hope goal, and hopefully we reached that. Okay, so we got five more minutes left in the hour. Let's get all the partners in hope that we can all right now, we just talked about the Saint Jude radiothoon being sponsored by Gallery Furniture. Okay. Mattress Mack a very familiar name here in the Houston area. He's asking for our prayers as he prepares to go under the knife. He announced yesterday that he's scheduled to have open heart surgery next a week. So he made the announcement on social media. The procedure is set for Tuesday at Methodist Hospital in Texas Medical Center. After surgery, Jim says he expects to stay in the hospital for it least a week and then recover at home for the next two or three weeks. In the meantime, Mac asked Houstonians to pray for him and come buy that furniture.
Speaker 3: I watched his message this morning. He's like a lot of people ask you what you do it for me. I'll tell you what jobed gallery furniture.
Speaker 4: Pretty good.
Speaker 3: But he's he's going in for open heart surgery, four hour surgeries.
Speaker 1: Like you want to help, come shock you.
Speaker 4: We call that locked in.
Speaker 14: That locked in.
Speaker 1: I love him, I love him.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about good luck.
Speaker 1: Mack gifts.
Speaker 4: Yes, good luck, good luck, good luck.
Speaker 5: He's a wonderful friend of the show.
Speaker 1: The season of giving.
Speaker 4: Has become the season of asking for gift cards in cash, So this trend totally makes sense. Are you a self gifter? Forty two percent of Americans plan to buy themselves at least one gift this year.
Speaker 5: I already got my president for myself.
Speaker 3: That is ninety nine percent of Americans. Okay, she's bought herself ten gifts.
Speaker 4: Okay, see it. I don't I don't get putting anyone.
Speaker 5: First before me.
Speaker 4: I'm you have you off my toto pool in my house.
Speaker 12: It's me.
Speaker 5: I'm the queen there.
Speaker 3: You're a tia, right I am. So you got to buy it for that little one.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's not gonna remember. When her memory gets better.
Speaker 1: I'll get herselfing at six or seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll get her like a pony, something she'll never forget. Okay, So listen, that's up that forty two percent of Americans buying themselves at least one gift this year. That's up from thirty eight percent when the same pole was done a year ago. So most are spending under one hundred bucks on themselves, but some of us are splurging. Forty six percent planned to spend less than one hundred on their own gifts. Thirty two percent said between one hundred and two hundred and twenty two percent me will spend more than that. It's also this pole also looked at the top types of self gifts. Items that were like willing to splurge on the top three are a nice meal, nice clothes, and self care stuff. So I got that Dyson, that Dyson hair dryer, very lovely.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew you were going to buy it for yourself.
Speaker 3: You mentioned it six times on the show, like you're they're waiting for one of us. To say, okay, we never did so you said, okay, well I'm gonna just get it. I mentioned it six times. It's like clicking your heels three times.
Speaker 1: Okay, you made it happen.
Speaker 5: I sure did. Go me, pat me on the back.
Speaker 1: Alex, Hey, I.
Speaker 3: Gotta pull a question U this morning. Should Texas legalize weed for recreational use? Seventy eight percent of our audience says yes, fourteen percent say no, six percent say not sure.
Speaker 4: Weed in the news here locally Yeah, and you know, marijuana cannot currently obviously be used recreationally in Texas federal and Texas law. It makes it still illegal, but depending on how much a person is in possession of the consequence is very It seems like our audience is mostly on board for this.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about some music news.
Speaker 4: Axel Rose is putting the sexual assault lawsuit by Sheila Kennedy behind him. The Guns and Roses singer tried to have the lawsuit dismissed in March, even though he still denies the allegations. It was announced yesterday that Rose has settled the suit. A key piece of the defense team's case was the fact that he talked about the encounter between her and Axle in a twenty twenty one documentary called look Away, and said she didn't consider it grape. She said it was consensual in that documentary.
Speaker 5: So that settles that.
Speaker 1: And that's Those are Houston Seidlines taking Alex the alright, Thursday Night foot both. Sorry, I was in the middle of dey stuff.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 3: There's a million moving parts here today with Saint Jude running around with updates and everything else. So yeah, we're very busy today, but it's but it's good. It's gonna go by quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A Thursday Night Football Jerry Goff and the Lions.
Speaker 6: Are you host Jordan Love and the Green Bay Packers. Kick off for that game will be at seven fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video. In some Texans news, linebacker as Zis alshat Year's appeal of his three game suspension was denied yesterday. This was the suspension that was handed out over his hit on Trevor Lawrence last Sunday. He's gonna be out into the Texans regular season finale against the Titans in Week eighteen.
Speaker 1: Texans will be on a bye this week.
Speaker 6: In basketball, Rockets are back in action tonight take on the Warriors on the road tip offs at nine. You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety to.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: Okay, next hour, more of our Saint Jude radiothon a Wall Nation tickets.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm thinking, Let's do song clips.
Speaker 3: Before we We're just we don't and I've already just completely like discounted the fact that today is an awesome throwback Thursday. I can't wait to play these clips, so we'll get your voting on that. I got a poll question on the X. I got a question working on our Facebook page. What song do you want to play it at your funeral? I mean, could we be more busy today?
Speaker 1: The answer is no. The answer is none. More busy None.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock and Alternatives a Rod This.
Speaker 8: Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four to five Buzz Stained It and for you Rob Ryan Show seven oh seven.
Speaker 1: My goodness, Throwback Thursday. Guys.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna play some song clips coming up, so you know what you're voting for. Chile has the link up on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com We got a twenty percent chance of rain today, cloudy skies, highs of around sixty six. It's our Saint June Radiothon, all sponsored by Gallery Furniture.
Speaker 1: Did you have an update?
Speaker 3: I see people kind of running in and out with information and we're moving so quickly today.
Speaker 4: Well, we have a new partner in Hope.
Speaker 5: It's Jillian and Houston.
Speaker 4: So are Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. I believe we also have an update for the KVR tote board. It's over twenty one thousand dollars. But this new goal, right the new goal is to have at least twenty eight partners in Hope by eight, So twenty eight by eight top of a new hour right now, we got to keep it going. I mean, we have these mics for four hours. Normally that's plenty. Today we're gonna hope. It's enough to get what we need.
Speaker 3: Put your gift on a credit card to get the new the shirt Saves Live t shirt and the Saint Jude sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: W'erehere we're kind of like showing all that stuff off.
Speaker 3: Become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help the kids over at Saint Jude Call one eight hundred five ay eight fourteen thirty three, one eight hundred and five eight eight fourteen thirty three, one eight hundred and five eight eight fourteen thirty three.
Speaker 4: Other John said his daughter of sorry, We'll.
Speaker 7: Get to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, I'll mention it and the next time.
Speaker 1: This is one of.
Speaker 3: Those songs that is obviously it's a part of Throwback Thursday. I remember the first time I saw it on MTV. Oh yeah, yeah, black guys rocking out. And then I remember Vernon Reid the guitar solo in this, and I'm like, what is he doing? And it was their first single, and I remember Corey Glover or the lead singer he was wearing. It's of the times because it's nineteen eighty eight. Body glove, Body. I couldn't wait. I need body glove? What is body glove? Anybody?
Speaker 5: Do you remember that surfer stuff?
Speaker 1: Yes, but it became like the T shirt to have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like girls would wear like a it's like a scuba shirt.
Speaker 3: He was wearing a wetsuit, yes, like a short kind of a thing that you would see on point break for something. He was wearing a body glove wetsuit, and I'm like, what is body glove? And I remember seeing the first kid in school wearing a body glove T shirt.
Speaker 4: I'm like, my body, I mean it needs a glove.
Speaker 3: I didn't live near a beach. Okay, they were in beach stores. This is leading right now, nineteen eighty eight. I did have to go look it up because I knew it was eighties. It's got forty eight percent of the vote right now in second place, and I got a phelly once I.
Speaker 1: Play the clip, it's all over.
Speaker 3: Rancid is another one of those bands that I have made up in my mind. Every time they're in Throwback Thursday, they win.
Speaker 1: People love them. Some Ransid game, Berkeley, California.
Speaker 3: How come the Wolves produced three big singles?
Speaker 1: I think this was the third one.
Speaker 3: This is called Ruby soho. It's just a fun song.
Speaker 14: Man drown up about him?
Speaker 1: Now remember this?
Speaker 5: Or no, I really don't I do.
Speaker 1: From where the skate park. Yes, stops would have been at the state park.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wasn't at the skate park winding.
Speaker 3: This would have been early nineties Kick Flips, Beny Hannas.
Speaker 1: And then pre Emo. This is my fult.
Speaker 3: County Crows back when the lead singer was just going through the whole cast of friends.
Speaker 1: Good for him, he was, this.
Speaker 3: Is County Crows hanging around.
Speaker 1: This is a little bit more upbeat than I remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Counting Crows can pitch you.
Speaker 1: They can get a little MOPy.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's very mo.
Speaker 1: So fuck, hang on a second. You voted for this over this song rocks?
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I used to have this CD when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: I don't know your body, I don't out he's changed one.
Speaker 6: Week off you forget his kid's all grown up.
Speaker 3: He traded in his rancid CD for Counting Crows. I had no idea you picked this.
Speaker 1: I would have put all my chips on you choosing ransom.
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like this hasn't been in back the day ever ever, maybe because I feel like the other two have been.
Speaker 1: And I like it when we like I.
Speaker 6: Know that you you have only so many old songs that we throw in there, but like, this is a good.
Speaker 11: One I have.
Speaker 3: It's changed up a little bit, and a wizard must have cleaned out his CDs or something.
Speaker 1: We found this good fine, I forgot about it.
Speaker 5: Dustin off the old collection to.
Speaker 1: Be a nice Little Treated nine twenty. I'm happy with all of these songs.
Speaker 3: You vote, Yeah, I'm thirty the winning song that we played. You vote on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot.
Speaker 11: Com rockand Alternative, where he used to The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, so much going on Throwback Thursday?
Speaker 1: Yes, six to Graham Thursday. Uh huh? Are sitting tude Radio thun sponsored by Gallery Furniture. Yeah? Are we playing read my lips an hour from now? We sure are?
Speaker 3: And I have not really gone through all the words I used that last break in the few seconds I had and I wasn't talking, I did get a bunch of great words. So you guys are killing it. This is a reminder to send me some word suggestions. Email me Rod at the Buzz dot com. And not that it matters, but Alex is taking on Tesla. Alex went nineteen wins on the year Tessa with.
Speaker 1: Sixteen wins on me.
Speaker 4: So is he a lock?
Speaker 1: You could tie him? No, he's a lot, a lot, He's a lock to win the year.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not playing that.
Speaker 1: I'm not playing that he's a lock to win the year.
Speaker 3: Cloudy Sky's twenty percent chance of rain high sixty six.
Speaker 1: What's trending?
Speaker 4: All right, I'll play if two partners in Hope sign up okay for becoming a monthly donor of Saint Jude.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you, Alex R.
Speaker 11: See.
Speaker 4: So we're in on this, but only if we get twenty two more Partners in Hope are Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture.
Speaker 5: Going on right now.
Speaker 4: You can become a monthly donor, pledging just nineteen dollars a month that helps kids at Saint Jude fight cancer.
Speaker 5: So put that gift on a credit card.
Speaker 4: You'll get the new this Shirt Saves Lives T shirt and a Saint Jude's.
Speaker 5: Sweatshirt which I'm wearing. It is very comfortable.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is call now one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three. That's one eight hundred five eighty eight fourteen thirty three again one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three, And I do want to thank Pam in Most City. Pam in Missouri City is the latest partner in Hope. We need twenty two more people.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 4: It's the it's early in the hour, but that time goes by so so quickly. And I mean, I'm not I'm not gonna call out the guys, but why is it all women partners in Hope?
Speaker 5: I thought this was a dude show.
Speaker 1: I thought, Pama, I think this was a dude show because.
Speaker 5: I thought that the dudes.
Speaker 4: There's three dudes on the panel and there's only one girl. But yet the girls repping so hard. Julian the Houston, Christina and in spring Pan and Mo City. I'm just saying, I wish a couple more dudes let'd step up and become a partner in Hope.
Speaker 1: They stole the dude's credit card.
Speaker 4: Well good, and I need more women to do that. I need this to unite anyway. Okay, now I got some other stuff going on here. Oh this was crazy. Did you see this?
Speaker 5: Okay? So, a chick in Houston was arrested at the airport.
Speaker 4: She is a suspect wanting for failure to stop and render age.
Speaker 5: She hit a cyclist.
Speaker 4: She hit a cyclist, left a dude in critical condition, fled the scene. They caught her at the airport arrested her. Okay, so she was arrested at the airport. Big local story, kind of trending right now. Sorry, it's not very light tight and bright, but I'm glad they got her. Also talk to a girl aka Haley Welch is facing some backlash. She started a meme coin and it's like like a like a one of these tops, these digital tokens, and it was a hawk tool one.
Speaker 1: Is that still a thing?
Speaker 5: A digital token and cryptocurrency? Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It soared to five hundred million and then it crashed in just twenty minutes to sixty million. So let's say you put ten thousand dollars towards this cryptocurrency, you would now have point zero zero two cents.
Speaker 3: I didn't think NFTs were even something that was talked about it anymore.
Speaker 1: At the hawk to coin you got we're doing. You got, you got what you deserved.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have no sympathy for them.
Speaker 4: Someone said, trend her straight to a prison. That is what's trending. On ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Give away some tickets.
Speaker 4: I have a wall nation at the House of Blues.
Speaker 3: I'll say call her ten seven one three two win two five, nine.
Speaker 8: Four five The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five the bus. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Some forty one close guys today, twenty percent chance of rain, highs of around sixty six. You guys are doing a great job. Thank you, thank you, just because we are really really busy this morning, and that's a good thing. It's not a complaint at all.
Speaker 4: Jesus, it's all Righty makes the show.
Speaker 3: It's already seven thirty, but you're doing a great job. Keep sending me your word suggestions. We are going to play read my lips at around eight twenty this morning. That's going to be for those ac DC pretty reckless opening up the show uh ac DC at and T Stadium ount in Arlington. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 1: But all week. We like to do that. You win them before they go on sale. Right now, I got a Wall Nation tickets. Good morning, Hi, Hi?
Speaker 14: Is this Sarah?
Speaker 3: You call her?
Speaker 9: Ten?
Speaker 19: What up?
Speaker 11: Awesome?
Speaker 1: Thank you, super awesome.
Speaker 3: A Wall Nation April first House of Blues. Everyone else can get their tickets through Ticketmaster.
Speaker 1: H Man.
Speaker 3: Of course, I picked like the busiest day of our lives to get questions everywhere. Any ideas for me, Maybe a song that you would like played at your funeral?
Speaker 15: Sarah, Oh, there's a song called this is the First Day of My Life that I want that late.
Speaker 1: Why does that sound like a country title to me? No, it's not, it's not. Who does it?
Speaker 9: No, bright eyes?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's on Facebook? On Twitter.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you want to get involved in this. Should Texas legalize weed for recreational use? It's no, yes, not sure, Yes. Eighty percent of our audience says, yes, you're doing great at this game, by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah you're You're like answering right on, Like I would vote. Those people will be like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, yeah, you know, and we all have our own reasons. I have reasons too. I would vote to legalize it. I wouldn't smoke it. I just I wouldn't partake in it, but I would vote to legalize it almost for for for safety reasons.
Speaker 1: Who knows what's out there.
Speaker 4: I just feel like it's paper fish to fry than Yeah, like weed.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So you say you're no, no.
Speaker 4: I'm yes, we should. I feel like like weed isn't something that the police should be concerning themselves with like, let's focus on other stuff.
Speaker 1: Twenty three states.
Speaker 3: Now, I think, yeah, go on board, all right, So eighty percent of our audience says yes, thirteen percent of our audience says no, five percent of our audience or.
Speaker 12: Really not sure.
Speaker 3: It's like, hey, I haven't, I don't know whatever, because hey, there might be bad reasons. There might be bad things that happen. Sure, there might be good things that happen too, So who knows, Sarah, you got the A Wall Nation tickets. The questioning the waterboarding is done, okay, unless are you putting up a Christmas tree?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 3: We are white lights, all the same color lights or multil oh, so oh you're gonna go trailer park according to the Tesla.
Speaker 1: With multi color lights.
Speaker 4: I never said that, trailer park.
Speaker 1: And what are you having for dinner today? Fish sticks?
Speaker 4: I just said sesthetically. Sometimes it's easy.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know what you said, but you backed yourself in no corner and then you just kind of stopped talking yesterday.
Speaker 1: No, well you know, no, I did.
Speaker 3: The multicolor ones are kind of you know, minor red.
Speaker 1: You completely just stopped.
Speaker 4: I don't listen. My grandmother used the multicolored and it looked fine.
Speaker 1: Most of our audience does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but as for me and my home, we will serve the aesthetic.
Speaker 1: Okay, n that's right.
Speaker 4: And what do you think people like when they click on their little pictures?
Speaker 1: She's not having six all right.
Speaker 3: In addition to us being incredibly busy today, it's our Saint.
Speaker 1: Jude Radio thought. You're like, well, okay, what's going on here? Rod?
Speaker 3: You know, the Saint Jude people are here in house and Alex can maybe speak on this a little bit because he's he's.
Speaker 1: Been around now as a dad for a while, not a while. But it is weird when you have a kid. You have a.
Speaker 3: Different perspective on life and you have a different perspective.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if you do.
Speaker 3: This yet, but when you see stories on the news or you see anything, you put your kid in that situation, yeah, and you're like, oh my god, I think I'm my kid is not.
Speaker 1: I don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: You just automatically do whether you say it out loud, whether it's your inner monologue or it's just a feeling that you have. It's like, man, you know, I'm so happy, I'm so blessed that London is is good, you know, is good and it doesn't have to deal with some of these things that kids have to deal with at Saint Jude.
Speaker 1: Okay, I went to the Saint Jude Hospital. I could not believe it.
Speaker 3: Danny Thomas was a should be sainted. Okay, he should have a statue up in every city. Danny Thomas was an actor back in the day, rolled with the rat Pack guys, that type of thing. He started this thing up. He absolutely started this thing up from scratch, you know. And Marlow Thomas is his daughter. She's kind of like the national spokesperson for it right now. But you see all the big names, celebrities. Everyone believes in this thing because not a penny comes out of the parents. Not a penny comes from the parents. Okay, they don't turn kids down. So how did he get the money? It's all donor funded. Okay, it's all funded. So what we're at asking for you is to become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to tell kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. I don't have like hard numbers in front of me, but if you go back before Saint Jude was around. It was grim any kid that was diagnosed with cancer. It was a death sentence with Saint Jude and what they've done and the research they do. And I saw the labs. I saw everything, and then of course I'm a jerk. I'm on the tour and I'm like, where's the chimps. They're like, there's no chimps here.
Speaker 1: I'm like, where are the apes. It was like, it's like, where are the apes? Like the curtain to pull back. Yeah, I'm like, are there apes? They're like, there's no apes. Apes, there's no apes. So I'm trying to keep it light.
Speaker 3: There's kids.
Speaker 1: There's kids being pulled around in red wagons. Okay, there's no wheelchairs. It's unbelievable to see it.
Speaker 5: Does it smell like a hospital?
Speaker 1: No. I didn't want kids. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: They don't want it to seem institutional, like, you know, it's a fun place for kids.
Speaker 1: They wanted to be a fun place for kids. They wanted to appear to be a fun place for kids.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the thing that I walked away with the biggest thing I walked away with Saint Jude.
Speaker 1: When they come up with something in the lab. There's no chimps.
Speaker 3: When they come up with something in the lab, they put that up for everybody to see. I didn't know that things that go down in hospitals they keep that to themselves because of private funding and because of grants. If they find some kind of a breakthrough and they they keep that to themselves. That's so Saint Jude puts it out there for everyone to use.
Speaker 1: Look what we found today, guys, way it should be Yeah, and it just goes out to everybody.
Speaker 3: And they have advanced cancer treatment more than anybody. So what I said was a death sentence before. It's the percentage is it's crazy. The amounted kids the survival right now because of Saint Jude. I'll look up the numbers so I can share them with you. It's it's amazing. What we're asking you to do is call by pledging nineteen dollars a month to help the kids at Saint Jude fight cancer one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three, one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three, one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. Put your gift on a credit card. You're gonna get the new This shirt, Saved Live T shirt. I've got that on Tessa's sweatshirt. You're gonna get that one as well.
Speaker 4: This is so cool.
Speaker 3: I told you guys it was gonna get cold here. Music gives to Saint Jude's kids. You're gonna get that as well.
Speaker 4: All right, Nope, it's dope.
Speaker 3: So thank you to all of you that have stepped up to become a partner in hope. Every child saved at Saint Jude's means thousands more can.
Speaker 1: Be saved worldwide.
Speaker 3: They're that good over there, and that's where your money's going, all right, So thank you, guys, and thanks to our friends over at Saint Jude that are hanging with us.
Speaker 1: And thanks the Gallery Furniture for stepping up again.
Speaker 14: Mac.
Speaker 1: We wish you the best. We love you.
Speaker 4: This holiday season brought to you by Dat Dat gets them today available wherever, Products your Soul.
Speaker 11: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings ninety four five, The.
Speaker 3: Fund ninety four five, Buzz Green Day, Good Riddence, Time of your Life, Rod Ryan's Show on this throw Thursday, Chili just pulled it up for me and uh, he said, Living Color is still in the lead. I thought, once you guys heard that Ransom clip and I let it play a little bit. I thought for sure Ranson Ruby Soho would maybe take over. Nope, Living Color fifty two percent of your vote, Ransoid Ruby Soho thirty one percent.
Speaker 1: Of your vote.
Speaker 3: And then Alex a complete curveball this morning.
Speaker 5: You did not know his body today.
Speaker 3: No Counting Crows, hanging around, hang Around's good. You know what I was thinking when I was talking about I was setting it up as kind of like pre Emo. I thought it was that round Here song. That one's super mopyre you sad Here's Alex?
Speaker 1: Would you vote for round Here over those two songs? Or is it? Is it specifically or is it specifically.
Speaker 3: The song by Counting Crows that you like? Would you just vote for the con so? Would you vote for Counting Crows?
Speaker 1: It goes.
Speaker 4: No good lude right, Oh my gosh, I wouldn't member whatever that is.
Speaker 5: Definitely wouldn't it.
Speaker 6: Definitely wouldn't have picked that version of it.
Speaker 1: Thank you wizard for not putting that one in there.
Speaker 6: I remember the album cover from the Hanging Around. It was the like it was a guy's head, but instead of ahead, it was a fish bowl and he had two old fish.
Speaker 3: Guys swimming around the picture just got painted in my head.
Speaker 1: I forgot about the covers. I gone down CD. I remember it now with my allowance. I remember it now for sure. Okay, good allow the Uh.
Speaker 3: The voting is going on on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get right into it. Let's get right into our Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: I know you're going to talk about the Saint Jude radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. Many of you are making calls. Thank you to everybody that's already jumped on board. But Tessa will have all the information you need to become a partner in Hope.
Speaker 1: Oh lots to do here.
Speaker 3: I need you to vote on the throwback Thursday song Living Color.
Speaker 1: See Him Punk.
Speaker 3: I was told uses that as entrance music, and he has made some sort of a comeback. So that song is very, very hot right now, so that makes sense to me. I was very surprised that the Rancid song had not once we played the clip, had not jumped up to number one. Got a Weed legalizing weed question on the X at Rod Ryan's show, and then you're gonna be talking about our question on our Facebook page about songs at your funeral.
Speaker 1: That one's got a lot of people playing a lot with it. I mean, it's music and death.
Speaker 3: Cloudy Sky's twenty percent chance of rain high sixty six, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Yeah are Saint Dude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture.
Speaker 5: Is ongoing now.
Speaker 4: Normally I'm like making sure the time goes by quickly. Now I kind of just wanted to slow down because our goal was to hit twenty eight Partners in Hope by the end, by the aid of the clock eight o'clock hour, and we just need two more. I do want to say thank you, thank you so much to Aaron and Houston who became a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Jude Fide Cancer. You can do the same thing. You can put your gift on a credit card. You'll get the this Shirt Saves Lives t shirt and you'll get the oh so soft and comfortable Saint Jude.
Speaker 5: Sweatshirt that we're wearing right now.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is call one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three.
Speaker 5: That's one eight hundred five eight eight.
Speaker 4: One four three three Again one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three.
Speaker 5: Let's do this, guys. Let's hit that goal. Let's get a dude in there.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on, you can do it.
Speaker 5: Spas shirt I'm wearing.
Speaker 1: You see the shirt I'm wearing today.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: It saves lives.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see that, saves live I see that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you get the shirt and the sweatshirt. It's a great deal.
Speaker 4: Two for two for all right, let's switch it up and do some hard news really quick. The search is ongoing for a man who's gunned down United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson in Manhattan. The suspect, after the Wednesday morning shooting, ran off in all time, jumped on a bike, and rode into Central Park. Investigators say while a motive isn't clear, they do believe Thompson was targeted by the gunman in this attack. The fifty year old was in the city for an investor conference. He was helt multiple times outside New York Kilt in Midtown and later pronounced dead at the hospital. Okay, keeping it morbid. Right, we're talking about funerals. What song do people want played at their funeral?
Speaker 5: Have you ever thought about it? I mean, I'm really have it.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about nothing but right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you like? This one's most very popular? Another one bites the Dust by Queen.
Speaker 3: Do people really want this played or are they trying to be funny with this answer?
Speaker 4: I think they're trying to keep it like as humorous as possible.
Speaker 3: I got one from our Facebook page, so I'm asking this question on our Facebook page. I want this play at my funeral now, Audio Slave like a stone that's.
Speaker 5: Already someone So you gotta pick another one?
Speaker 1: Well, really like once you Once you get one, that's it. That's the only funeral.
Speaker 5: Only one.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of another one bites the Dust Some Bone Thugs in Harmony on Here Crossroads.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Spirit in the Sky, Interstate Love Song is a great one, Johnny.
Speaker 1: No more sorrow Lincoln Park, says Derek.
Speaker 5: One more light Lincoln Park on this.
Speaker 1: List, Justin says Hell's Bells right into ding Dong. The Witch is Dead from the Wizard of Ops.
Speaker 4: Witch, Oh Witch, the Wicked Witch so I think.
Speaker 3: Some people having some fun with it, taking the approach like Haha, this would be funny to play at a funeral, and then a lot of people Frank Sinatcha, my way was another big one.
Speaker 4: That's a big one. I feel like that's the one. I guess I associate funerals with most lots of people like, Okay, you know, whatever happened in.
Speaker 5: This life, just know I did it by way.
Speaker 4: Keep on answering our Facebook question there because it is fun. It's fun to read and hear your answers. Let's talk about SNL because New York magazine asked past and present Saturday Night Live cast members what their biggest splurge was when they got their first paycheck from the show, and it turns out they couldn't do much because the pay is pretty atrocious. Pete Davidson told the magazine, do you guys know what they pay us? It's like three grand an episode. I think I got dinner. James Austin Johnson, the guy who currently plays on Old Trump, said the most uncomfortable West Elm couch of all time. A lot of people were buying furniture, mattresses, things like that. Julia Louis Dreyfus bought a seventy five dollars pair of shoes that were out of her budget at the time. Sarah Silverman bought a Kashmir sweater, and Sarah Sherman brought bought a nice mattress. As I mentioned, Bow and Yang said he bought a pair of Gucci shoes that he wouldn't feel super cool wearing out now. Yeah, if Pete claims that If Pete's claim of three thousand per episode is legit, that means a cast member who's on every episode in a single Saturday Night Life season would earn between fifty four thousand and sixty six thousand, which in New York City definitely below the poverty line.
Speaker 3: I forgot Sarah Silverman was on a SOML. Boy that must have been one season, huh.
Speaker 6: I watched the movie Saturday Night that just came out not that long ago.
Speaker 3: They have actor playing they have actors playing the actors that were in the first season.
Speaker 6: You can't realize how unrecognized little Dan Ackroyd was like the first season of sn L. He just looked like a totally different dude with the mustache and yeah, how thin he was and he was dating Lorne Michaels, his wife, while Lorne Michaels was married to his wife.
Speaker 1: Did they portray John Belushi?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 1: I think? Just a wild party guy poke everywhere. It was a really good movie if you like Saturday Night? Just is there that much blowbackstage that? I think?
Speaker 6: It wasn't as much drugs as you would have expected. But John Blushy is pre crazy?
Speaker 5: What streating network is that on?
Speaker 1: You have to rent it?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 12: It off?
Speaker 3: What's it called Saturday Night? I can't wait to see it. It's been out a while too. I just forgot about it so much out there right now? Is there gonna be a Soundgarden like, there's a show coming up with the guys that are still around.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a charity event and it's going to be brief, but the remaining members of Soundgarden are getting back together for the thirteenth annual Smooch Benefit Concert. It's for Seattle's Children Haunts Hospitals Uncompensated Care Fund. So Kim the Ale, Matt Cameron, and Ben Shephard will be performing with singer songwriter Shanaiah Shepherd under the alias and Nude Dragons and anagram of Soundgarden. So it'll be the first time three to performed together since they joined Brandy Carlile and Seattle to play bat Black Hole Son.
Speaker 5: I Love Brandy Carlile.
Speaker 4: They also played Searching with My Good Eye Closed in twenty twenty one. So yeah, this is you know this, They're they're due for something, right, This is pretty legit, but we get it. We get supporting children's hospitals. Our Saint Jude Radio Thon sponsored by Gallery Furniture, still going on now.
Speaker 5: Just text the word.
Speaker 4: Kids to six two six two sixty two and click the link from Saint Jude to donate. Please text kids to six two six two six ' two and be a partner in hope.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston's.
Speaker 1: Headlines, all right, Alex.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night Football, Jared Goff and the Detroit Lions host Jordan Love and the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 1: Lions come into this game as three and a half point favorites.
Speaker 6: Kickoff will be at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video and some Texans news. Linebacker a Zi's Aushaier's appeal of his three game suspension was denied. Yes, this was the three game suspension he got for hitting Trevor Lawrence, the quarterback of the Jaguars, on Sunday. He will be out until the Texans regular season finale against the Titans on week eighteen.
Speaker 1: Texans will be on a bye this week.
Speaker 6: In basketball, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Warriors on the road. I think no Steph Curry or Draymond Green for the Warriors, so you're gonna play a little short handed.
Speaker 1: Hopefully that works out for the Rockets. Yeah, tip, I was at nine.
Speaker 6: You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, guys.
Speaker 3: Read my Lips is coming up YouTube chuckle heads a plan of one another.
Speaker 4: If we get enough partners in honey, Oh yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: Oh you're hanging that over their heads. Yeah, for charity.
Speaker 3: I'm the kids, all right, we are gonna play Read my Lips. It's Alex taking on Tessa. Send me your word suggestions, and then when it comes down to it, when they do square off, we'll get two of you on.
Speaker 1: It's for ACDC tickets next hour, So come on.
Speaker 11: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 4: The bus.
Speaker 3: That's pod and youth of the Nation. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. On this threat back Thursday, Living Color still in the lead. Fifty five percent of you say that's what you want to hear, called the Personality. The winning song will be played at ninet thirty ran Sid Ruby, soho, I'm surprised twenty eight percent of the vote counting crows hanging around, Alex likes hanging around fifteen percent low voting, I'll say that, so that means things could really move around in the next almost hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Where do you vote?
Speaker 3: You go to the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Too busy to even get into it.
Speaker 3: I'm just I think the Looking at Girls blog page is stellar today. There's just a lot on there. There is a ton of stuff on there. So I'm just gonna give it a mention. I want you to go and look at that today. There's a food blog page today. If you're into hot.
Speaker 1: Dogs, Oh, I'm in the hot Okay, this hot.
Speaker 3: Dog that they're testing out at I think it's Sam's Club. My good Like right now, I'm a Costco guy. I have no allegiance. I'm not going to like take one of those and champion it for the rest of my lives. If the Costco thing is up, I'll which the SAMs for a couple of years. I don't care that they're completely interchangeable to me. I am not loyal to anyone. I just happen to have Costco right now. And you guys were right on that prosecco.
Speaker 1: It's the list.
Speaker 3: It's wonderful. The prosecco at Costco is awesome. That's I think why I went went out and got that card when I was a free agent for a while. So I think we did a thing on this show.
Speaker 1: What was better. I don't find one to be superior to the h It's.
Speaker 5: Like, which everyone's close to your house.
Speaker 3: It's the membership you got, yeah, or if that if you're just you love prosecco, it's like, okay, I would go with Costco.
Speaker 1: It's that good. Why did I start talking about.
Speaker 4: Costco because we were talking about hot dogs on the Food blogg Oh this hot.
Speaker 3: Dog that they're making, Oh my god, it's the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen in your life.
Speaker 1: So that's happening like a good way people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's just this monster, monster dog. The question on our Facebook page this morning, what song has anybody ever thought about a song? There has been a lot of death on this show this week, talking about death, and with my announcement that I am going to be officially cremated now, I am not going to be put in the ground that great.
Speaker 1: Death songs. This guy told me that he he he told me his death song. You want to hear it?
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: Just because it's been so long. What where is he? I don't remember his name?
Speaker 5: But Taste the biscuit.
Speaker 4: Taste the goodness of the biscuit's been too long?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course it's up biscuit with the honey sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't like the way it mixes with my chicken wings, Like, get none of that honey sauce on me. I don't like the way it chases my chicken wings.
Speaker 1: All right, take it home, take us out this.
Speaker 4: Taste the biscuit Kell, Yeah, Kelly, Yeah, dude, So I can perform at his funeral because I sound like that, lady.
Speaker 1: I am still not one hundred percent that that's not you.
Speaker 5: It is me. Taste in the.
Speaker 3: Future right there in the beginning, right out of the cake all right, chat, that's what Chad.
Speaker 1: Mc wants to play it at this funeral.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll perform live for a small fee.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 3: It's our Saint Jude Radio Thought sponsored by Gallery Furniture. You can become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. It's an amazing organization, an unbelievable organization. I was talking a little bit this morning about Saint Jude's, like, Hey, what's the phone number? Can I get the phone number?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: Kimberly was asking for it. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three, one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three.
Speaker 1: Put your gift on a credit card.
Speaker 3: You'll get the new this Shirt Saves Lives T shirt. The sweatshirt was really nice.
Speaker 1: It was just a little warm for Oh.
Speaker 11: I love it.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm wearing it.
Speaker 3: You're rocking the sweatshirt and you'll get the Saint Jude's sweatshirt and you'll get the T shirt. So how great is that? Michelle helped me out with the numbers. She said, I've got your brother Rod. Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital treatments have helped increase the childhood cancer survival rate twenty percent when before they opened in nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 1: If your kid, it's amazing. If your kid, listen to me.
Speaker 3: If your kid in nineteen sixty one had cancer, they had a twenty percent chance of living.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, that's a death sentence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Saint Jude's got it over eighty percent right now.
Speaker 1: Sat Jude's got it over eighty percent. That's the kind of work they're doing over there.
Speaker 4: So we did hit our Partner in Hope goal for the seven to eight o'clock hour. We have a new goal, so we want to hit twenty nine Partners in Hope by nine am. So twenty nine by nine and then the topeboard sponsored by KBR. We have had forty three, nine hundred and fourteen dollars donated. That's a tote board total. So let's keep it going, guys, Let's keep it going. You can call the number. You can text kids to six two six two six two and then just click that link to Saint from Saint Jude to donate. It's kids to six two six two six two.
Speaker 3: Okay, on to the next not to my lips.
Speaker 5: So I'll play since we hit the goal, Yeah, I also will play.
Speaker 1: You're so generous, happy to opt back in.
Speaker 3: But you've mapped this out, and Alex, you do not. You do not have a path to victory this year.
Speaker 4: Hold on, okay, because yeah we're okay, there's three left.
Speaker 5: There's oh, there's three.
Speaker 1: Weeks, but you're not playing all three weeks unless you win.
Speaker 4: I could tie I could tie him.
Speaker 1: So you could tie him.
Speaker 3: I could tie you and beat his ass today.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna pay today.
Speaker 1: Throw it so Chili takes you out next week.
Speaker 5: No, really, a painfless slow del.
Speaker 1: Tessa is taking on Alex. I play with Chili music. If for my death winner, I played.
Speaker 4: The Peanuts song from.
Speaker 3: Put on my Twin Brothers song, I play the Know the show for my death all Right, they're gonna try to win you some ac DC tickets coming up.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning shows.
Speaker 3: Come on ninety four or five the bus, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: You caught me. I'm going through all the words right now. I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: What are the best words to use for the upcoming edition of Read my Lips. Alex is getting ready to take on Tessa, and they're gonna try to win you some ac DC tickets. I see nothing over a twenty percent chance of raining today. Okay, great cloudy skies, highs of around sixty six.
Speaker 1: What's trending?
Speaker 4: I have some news to report about the Fellas and our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsor Bory Gallery furniture.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 4: Christopher from Pasadena is now a partner in Hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, way to go, de Way to go, dude.
Speaker 5: As is Arthur from Houston.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it's a fresh out of BedHead to head Arthur it might be. Yeah, Arthur's not a very common name around these parts. But hey, either way, whoever, whichever Arthur you are, thank you so much for becoming a partner and Hope. So we have a goal to get twenty nine partners in Hope by by nine and we still need twenty two more. So we're getting there, but it's going it's not as fast as we'd like. So if we could pick up the phone become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month. Not only would that help kids, it's Saint judefied cancer, but you also get the new this Shirt Saves Lives t shirt.
Speaker 5: Put that gift on a credit card.
Speaker 4: To get that, all you have to do is call one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three. That's one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say it one more time.
Speaker 4: One eight hundred five eight eight one four three three. You'll also get the Saint Jude sweatshirt that we're rocking to day, all right, Okay. Also, construction of charging stations are ramping up. So the ribbon has been cut for the first of three new electric cars charging stations in Texas. They were paid by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal those past three years ago.
Speaker 1: So up to three, well only three.
Speaker 4: Is projecting that they are going to be one million electric cars on the road in the next four years. And they're saying people are not pulling the trigger because they're concerned about the lack of charging stations especially well, no, no, no, So there are new There are already a lot, but there are three new ones and I don't know where they are, but it is all part of that bipartisan that infrastructure deal. So I don't have specific numbers. There are more than three currently right now, but yeah, people switching to evs very popular right now.
Speaker 5: Another thing is very popular right now.
Speaker 4: Is the holly dog. So that's what Rod was talking about. I couldn't help myself. Sam's Club is testing a holiday dog monstrosity that combines Thanksgiving and Christmas. So it's like a hot dog topped with turkey on one side and prime rib roast on the other. It's got mashed potatoes and Christmas cookies.
Speaker 1: At this point, the hot dog is like the thing that needs to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it should be just the turkey Christmas on a bun.
Speaker 4: So the holly dogs aren't available in the warehouse or being like they're doing it like a pop up cart outside.
Speaker 5: I don't know that Houston will get this.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: Houston wants this.
Speaker 5: We like good food care, So that's just trending. On nighty four five, the.
Speaker 2: Bos alright, let's go here.
Speaker 1: Ac DC tickets on the chopping block. It's my lips.
Speaker 3: Tessa just realized that if she wins outright for the next three weeks, she will not lose her crown as the year long champion, but you will have to co share it with him. That's disgusted discussed, But you've got to run the table from now until the end of the year.
Speaker 5: I do what I got.
Speaker 3: So I'm just saying, when you call in to pick who's going to play, But does that make Alex play harder?
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know with him, I don't know.
Speaker 4: What does it feel like?
Speaker 1: Throw the headphones at the clock and you walk out of here. I don't know him.
Speaker 5: You just punch everything.
Speaker 1: Vony for County Crows today. I thought I knew him. I don't know that guy. Do you want Alex? Do you want Tessa to win?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Those ACDC tickets called Chile now seven one three, two one two five nine four five twenty years?
Speaker 1: So mayam in the morning.
Speaker 11: Let the run Ryan Show only on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, we look good in that photograph? Who took that picture? Chilly? Did you take that picture?
Speaker 3: I mean you're in it, of course we look great, But we look good in that photograph. I just checked out our instagram at rod Ryan's show, and the music gives sweatshirt that the two warriors are playing, right, they're gonna about to play each other. They're wearing them, and then I'm wearing the Well, I was wearing the sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: It got a little warm in here, so I.
Speaker 3: Switched to the This shirt saves lives. But we're working with Saint Jude today. It's our Saint Jude Radio thon. It's sponsored by Gallery Furniture. You can become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help the kiddos over at.
Speaker 1: Saint Jude fight cancer. Call.
Speaker 3: They're standing by, they're here, they're here in house. They're on campus today here at iHeart Houston. One eight hundred and five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. You know, we're competing against Dana over at Sonny. Oh good luck to us, I mean good luck. I mean she's like she's like mother Teresa, Yeah, okay on the radio. So we're competing against her. So we're competing against Sonny and Michael Bublay and everything they got going on down the hall. So one eight hundred and five eight eight fourteen thirty three. We'd like some of our people here from ninety four to five to buzz to get involved. But you get the T shirt and the sweatshirt if you become a monthly donor. So if there have any questions about it, I haven't gotten back to.
Speaker 1: Everybody that has sent me a question about it. Thank you.
Speaker 5: But we also have a blog page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chilie's got that up now, and we're up there. There we are. We're on our Instagram, right.
Speaker 5: There, we are on our Instagram.
Speaker 1: We don't put enough of ourselves on our Instagram. It's time to read my lips. Chili's keeping time looked and good as Luise. Buddy needs a Christmass tree. You need a Christmas tree, bro. It's too much work. I'll say never I did it as a kid.
Speaker 12: I've had it growing up and everything.
Speaker 3: Jillie just says, you know what, I did so much by the time I was twelve, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Doing anything any day outside. That's what I'm getting. I'm like, I'm tired.
Speaker 12: Okay, that's why I hate walking. You had to walk miles just to get to school.
Speaker 3: It worked him like in the snow until he was twelve, and then he said, that's it, I'm doing it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and what the yeah, like like twenty feet of snow in all volcano dust and everything to go to school.
Speaker 1: Michael, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, rod Ryan family.
Speaker 1: How are you today?
Speaker 9: Wearing pants today?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was, yeah, well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: His camera is still not working over there, so he put on I think he's doing it Winnie the Poo style or Donald Duck style when he's not in the room with us. But he did put on pants because he's here timekeeping. Who's playing for you today? Michael?
Speaker 1: All right, shut your mouth because he wants to go.
Speaker 5: But I was taking Oh.
Speaker 3: Michael that it kind of wasn't burn because you didn't get sucked into that for half a second.
Speaker 1: Stephen, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hello, Stephen, team Tessa over there?
Speaker 1: Hello, hello Steve.
Speaker 5: And I can hear you?
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: What does it even sound exactly? Michael say hello hello, Stephen say hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, Michael. Hey, I don't have time.
Speaker 12: What are they?
Speaker 1: What are they playing for?
Speaker 12: I gotta go.
Speaker 4: It's racy DC tickets.
Speaker 5: You're both fine, gentlesmen.
Speaker 1: AC DC tickets go on sale tomorrow noon. All right, guys, Michael, who's going first? Who won us?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 1: You're the returning champion? Then, Michael, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 3: Can't handle questions, Michael, who do you want to go first?
Speaker 1: I'll go first?
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, he wanted that.
Speaker 4: He wanted that, all right.
Speaker 3: Alex is now putting on headphones, shuffling.
Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 3: I'm shuffled and shuffling every day on there.
Speaker 1: Every day, Chili, I'm shuffling, shuffling. Are you keeping time?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 11: I am good.
Speaker 12: Every day I'm timing, Okay, every day.
Speaker 1: He's tired.
Speaker 4: Twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: That's it, all right.
Speaker 12: You're not good with numbers, so i'll say nice.
Speaker 4: Twenty seconds, no more, no less.
Speaker 3: I'll say the word. You hit the clock, Yes, twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: She was right on that. Mundo sent in the first.
Speaker 12: Oh, baradise.
Speaker 1: Mundo brought us all Christmas presents this week. Thank you. Yeah, what a sweet man. You give a nice hug.
Speaker 12: It looks so glorious.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up, Yeah, glorious. Twenty seconds on the clock. Here we go. First word, good luck, Alex.
Speaker 16: Mint mouth what mint mouth? Miss mouth, mint mouth, miss stea mouth, mint mouth.
Speaker 1: Mint mouth, mint mouth?
Speaker 16: I don't know mint mouth, paste mouth, mint mouth.
Speaker 4: He doesn't know. He's not gonna guess.
Speaker 14: He doesn't know.
Speaker 3: Chili with all those mints in his mouth, right. Yeah, we said he had the precious breath on the planet.
Speaker 4: Min's mouth before the game started.
Speaker 1: And then he did chili brown. How many were how many.
Speaker 12: Of those things?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 12: Fourteen?
Speaker 1: Fourteen, thirteen thirteen?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Dirty dozen?
Speaker 4: Didn't you add one at the very end?
Speaker 1: It was going to be a dozen? And then he got lippy with me and I threw another.
Speaker 16: One in there, Ah takers, thank you punishing me mint mouth.
Speaker 1: I told him, all right, here we go next. Yeah, okay, people, I'm telling you. People love chili brown. Thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Aluminum tree, aluminum tree, aluminum tree.
Speaker 2: Tree.
Speaker 3: Man. She was like, hey man, it's not my first language. I'm like, it's nobody's first language. With a bunch of candy corn in your.
Speaker 12: Mouth, I'm gonna try lingual.
Speaker 1: Now you are good for that?
Speaker 17: Good for you?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, put that on the res you put.
Speaker 1: That on resumes. Yeah, okay, he's got.
Speaker 5: One, got one.
Speaker 1: Michael seems to think that Alex was gonna get him those a c DC tickets.
Speaker 12: I think he probably will now.
Speaker 3: Chris d sent this one in Chris d Chris Daughtry famous listeners up. Fudge nuts, fudge nuts, fudge nut. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you give him that fudge nuts.
Speaker 1: Trying to get me nut, fudge nuts, fudge nuts.
Speaker 3: We allow out here, m hm. Testa two to tie, I know, two to tie, three to start your question.
Speaker 12: To stay alive.
Speaker 1: And you don't want to lose your throne, ob.
Speaker 12: Y'a, you don't want your throne, lies, it's.
Speaker 1: It's a championship throne. She's sitting up, Yeah, called the toilet.
Speaker 3: Okay, she has, but on the other headphones now she can't hear my voice. Chili, same thing. Twenty seconds on the clock from the moment I say.
Speaker 12: The word, Shane.
Speaker 1: Sent this in. You're gonna have to remind you have to remind me if.
Speaker 3: This is something I don't know, if it doesn't have to be on the show to be a word. It's just a lot of times these silly things are thumbs up up.
Speaker 10: Sweet noodle, Sweet sweet noodle, sweet noodle.
Speaker 1: Boo.
Speaker 12: We have a game.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about sweet noodles?
Speaker 12: I think we're talking about he has the popsicles, the popsicles that were.
Speaker 1: Well, chill, you're gonna definitely take a nap now after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, golden sleep like Oh I came up with an answer to them on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm so tired.
Speaker 12: My job's done for the month.
Speaker 1: Oh it was those gummy popsicles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, sweet noodle. I guess maybe that's where it came from. This is funny. William sent this one in. There was a couple of versions of this. This was the funniest one. Thumbs up, comb up, rancid panty, what rancid panty, racing panty, rancid panty, greasy panty, oo, rancid panty.
Speaker 4: Rinsing panty, rance, crazy panty, rancid panty. No, say it again? What was that? Two seconds?
Speaker 14: You need seconds?
Speaker 12: The fine twenty seconds at the bottom, Look twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: No, what are the three bands in throwback Thursday?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Rancid panties, rancid panties. It's like living color panties. It didn't look like that.
Speaker 3: At all, right, counting cross panties, it didn't look anything like that.
Speaker 12: Those panties be hanging around.
Speaker 1: Okay, he needs this to tie yeah or else the King wings.
Speaker 4: I need this, I need this already, called.
Speaker 12: Him the King Stemen needs this.
Speaker 1: Todd Todd sent this in Oh thumbs.
Speaker 4: Up, thumbs up.
Speaker 10: Facial tissue, what facial tissue, facial what facial tissh facial tissue, facial sential, facial tissue, facial sentral, facial tissue, facial sential.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought, yeah, your.
Speaker 1: Facial tissue tissue. Ms Michael wins the game.
Speaker 14: Michael.
Speaker 9: Alex got me into the twentieth anniversary doing the same thing. Thank you, Alex.
Speaker 4: Oh really yeah, Oh wow, that's so special.
Speaker 1: That's so net.
Speaker 12: This is your year.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys are dating.
Speaker 1: It is Michael's year.
Speaker 9: Actually, Tessa got me in there because she keeps losing.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Tessa.
Speaker 4: Anytime for you, Michael, I guess.
Speaker 1: I'll take over from here. You got the A c DC tickets.
Speaker 3: Pretty Reckless is opening up the show April fourteenth at and T Stadium, Arlington.
Speaker 1: Tickets go on sale tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 5: Make you make a beautiful couple. I love you both.
Speaker 3: Michael busted bustin balls today.
Speaker 1: What's your problem? Michael told you you's funny?
Speaker 4: Dallas?
Speaker 1: Okay, Thursday? Thursday is that Friday?
Speaker 3: Feel Everybody's like yay, everybody's feeling saucy already. All right, great game, guys, Houston's Rock, Houston's alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: All right, ninety four five the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, which shine down pretty good booking today.
Speaker 3: I don't see anything over a twenty percent chance of rain. Gonna be some cloudy skies to deal with, That's all right. I can handle that highs today of around sixty six. Still to come, Jerry Cantrell tickets in the nine o'clock hour early closer to around nine ten, and then we'll leave you with those all elite wrestling tickets. Friend Don friend off Eli is excited about all the wrestling talk that's going on right now, as a matter of fact, that we got a wrestler headlining looking at girls blog page today.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so he's very very excited this morning.
Speaker 3: And as a matter of fact, he's so excited he friend honded me, Oh that's so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it rarely happens anymore. All right, what do you got for Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Well, I want to watch everyone a happy Radiothon day.
Speaker 1: Radiothon to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by gallery furniture is in its last hour for us. Well, the goal from eight to nine was twenty nine partners in Hope for Saint Jude and kids with cancer, and right now we still need thirteen more Partners in Hope, So we're cutting it close. We're cutting it really close.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 4: I do want to say thank you so much Missy from Houston, she became a Partner in Hope within the last hour, Meredith from Jersey Village, and then Tina from Lake Jackson. So the ladies coming in strong again. Guys, thank you to everyone who has donated so far. But if you are just listening and you're saying, Okay, how do I become a partner in Hope, Tesla?
Speaker 11: What is that?
Speaker 1: Well, you can become a.
Speaker 4: Monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Jude FID Cancer. You put your gift on a credit card and you're gonna get the shirt that Rod's wearing. It's this shirt Saves Lives t shirts very comfortable, looks great, and then you will also get the Saint Jude sweatshirt, which is what Alex and I are rocking right now. So if you call now one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three. That's one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three again one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three. Okay, let's get to that goal, that twenty nine partners at Hope goal. Let's do that right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, Rhiannon just came in. She just sent me that she became a partner in Hope. Thank you, Rihanna, And that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brianna, and great job.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Guys are killing it today, really are, thank you, really are.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about mattress Mac because he's asking for our prayers as he prepares to undergo surgery. He's going under the night there, Jim mcnwell announcing yesterday that he is scheduled to have open heart surgery next week. So he's on social media saying, look I go in Methodist Hospital, text his medical center. After surgery, he says he's gonna stay in the hospital for at least a week and then he's gonna recover at home for the next two or three weeks. Now, in the meantime, what do you think math asked Houstonians to do besides pray for him because he wants to pray for him.
Speaker 5: I mean, I you do the power prayer.
Speaker 3: I did see the video he made talking about him going into surgery, But had I not seen it? And you asked me that question, Coled, I could tell you what's gonna make Mac happier than ever? How could you support Mac while he's having open heart surgery next week next Tuesday, a four hour surgery.
Speaker 1: What's the best way to support Mac? Come shopping? In my story?
Speaker 4: Said, yeah, go buy some furnature.
Speaker 1: He cannot shut it off. He has no off switch. I don't think he sleeps.
Speaker 3: I think he hangs from his feet for about twenty minutes and then he just gets back.
Speaker 4: I don't think I don't think he needs a lot of sleep. I think he's naturally energized.
Speaker 1: And I made that I got a full forty minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, and I made that furniture.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's talk.
Speaker 4: About Christmas, because the season of given has become the season of asking for gift cards in cash, So this trend totally makes sense. Are you a self gifter? Forty two percent of Americans plan to buy themselves at least one gift this year. That's up from thirty eight percent when the same pole was done a year ago. Most are spending under one hundred bucks on themselves, but some of us are splurging. Forty six percent played to spend less than one hundred on their own gifts, with thirty two percent.
Speaker 5: Percent between one hundred and two hundred.
Speaker 4: Bucks, and twenty two percent will be spending more than that. It's also looked at this pole also looked at the top self gift items that we're willing to splurge on. The top three are a nice meal now it's coming, a nice meal, which is nice clothes. Entry is a self care item.
Speaker 1: Overpriced hair drivers and way overpriced hair drivers.
Speaker 5: It is way overpriced.
Speaker 4: But I got mine on marketplace, so I cannot relate.
Speaker 1: To do justify anything you buy by just saying it's self care. Yeah, yeah, you're right right.
Speaker 3: And if you're counting TV, there's a three on the buballet board right now, a three.
Speaker 1: It's a third one.
Speaker 4: Are you just sneaking in.
Speaker 1: The blue babe? It's not easy to say the blue blade board.
Speaker 4: Lord the boo blay board three times now, boo blame Lord bloobabe.
Speaker 1: He got three songs in so far today.
Speaker 4: Okay, can we talk about weed? Can we switch from bouble?
Speaker 5: Can we talk about I mean I'm dope about weary for all?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 4: Uh so you must have seen a story. I would try to find the story you're seeing on the local news here. It is a local or like should Texas uh lealized recreational marijuana? No, this is a story that I feel like comes up all the time.
Speaker 3: Here's what's happening. Okay, you've got these and listen. I'm not an expert on this stuff. The people that know this stuff are experts. I'm like, are you experts on anything else other than weed? Because you sound really smart when you talk about weed. Guys, some of you really really impressed me with your weed knowledge and your cannabinoids.
Speaker 1: What correct?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, So there's some places here that are they found a loophole. Medical marijuana is legal. Then there's the THHC that makes you high. Okay, there are some stores here in town that are selling some things that have THHC in them, and they found some sort.
Speaker 1: Of a loophole.
Speaker 3: Well, Dan Patrick, not the guy from ESPN, the Texan Dan Patrick said, uh uh no, more, it was.
Speaker 4: About gummies, right, it was about like the gummy specifically about THHC.
Speaker 3: Though, okay, and this is stuff that gets you high. That's the big story. And they're trying to find a way to shut down that loophole because places are open, and they say, hey, we're not doing anything wrong, right.
Speaker 5: It's not smoking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's CBD places, but it says THC on their windows. I'm like, wait a minute. I thought that's the stuff that's not allowed here. So that's what they're small business. So that's what they're basically messing with right now. We have a question up on our Twitter today on the on our ex pole.
Speaker 1: You have a pulled up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got the results right here.
Speaker 4: So should Texas legalize wed for recreational use? Thirteen points six percent of people our listeners say no, Over eighty one percent say yes, and about five percent aren't sure.
Speaker 5: That's how we feel, That's how we feel about it.
Speaker 14: AXL.
Speaker 4: Rose is putting the sexual assault lawsuit by Sheila Kennedy behind him. The guns of Roses. Singer tried to have the lawsuit dismissed in March, even though he still denies the allegations. Those announced yesterday that Rose has settled the suit. A key piece of the defense team's case was the fact that Kennedy talks about this encounter between her and Axel in a twenty twenty one documentary called look Away, and she said there that she didn't consider it the R word and that it was consensual.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston's.
Speaker 6: Headlines taking Alex on Thursday night football, Jared Goff and the Lions are gonna host Jordan Love and the Packers. Kick off for that game we at seven fifteen. You could watch it on Prime Video and some Texans news. Linebacker Aziz Alshayer's appeal of his three game suspension was denied yesterday. This was the suspension for his hit on Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence on Sunday. That means he'll be out until the Texans regular season finale against the Titans on Week eighteen. Techans are gonna gonna buy this week. In basketball, Rockets are on the road tonight. They're taking on the Warriors. That'll tip off at nine o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: That what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: The weed guys that send me emails and they're listen. They're like, Rod, this is for education. I want you to know when you're talking about these things here, you know. And these are pro weed guys that email me. They put the craft beer guys to shame.
Speaker 18: Okay, they like their knowledge, but imagine if craft beer was illegal and you had to like justify why you thought craft beer should be Like, that's that is the past I give them on that.
Speaker 1: It would crank them up a notch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like the people that when one of us tries to talk about superheroes and the Marvel Universe and.
Speaker 4: DC, don't we sail at that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get lit up immediately by that person that feels they know, which they do a lot more than me, but they feel like they know everything about it. And so the weed guys they I appreciate the emails when they tell me. It's like that guy that tells me about the different barrels for the whiskeys. One's a bourbon rod. That's a bourbon rod. That's not a whiskey. Okay, that's a rock. Get your head out of your ass. Okay, they don't even use a barrel for that one, dummy. Everyone knows that not everybody knows that. Okay, everybody knows Baby Yoda has a real name other than baby Yoda.
Speaker 1: It's Joji. But somebody does tell me, no, that's it. I watched Mandalorian. Baby Yoda's name is not baby Yoda, right, Joji? It is yes, and he was aged.
Speaker 11: In a barrel Houston, hos alternative And.
Speaker 8: Tell them of the Rod Ryan Morning Show nine the Buzz.
Speaker 1: I hate you Alex.
Speaker 3: The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's show because he does. Why because he comes on here and he talks about baby Yoda And I made you comment.
Speaker 1: I made the oh hang on, so.
Speaker 3: I make the comment about how the Weed guys they really know their stuff, okay, And when people are really passionate about something and then they hear someone like myself misspeak on it, they.
Speaker 1: Really want to light me up. They're like rod every time you mentioned the Marvel Universe, I cringe.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I don't claim to know anything about it, but if I make a comment, I'm trying, and it's not good enough for people. They just like, dude, you don't know what you're talking about. Don't bring it up or call me when you want.
Speaker 1: To talk about this stuff.
Speaker 3: That's what everybody wants to be the local expert on that video games, craft beer, any.
Speaker 1: Of these things. They're like, I know, you call me when you need to know. Somebody knows more than I know about this thing.
Speaker 3: And then so this all started with the weed discussion because there's a blog page up and we're asking the question should we be legalized. What's happening here locally, which is a big story here in the news, is.
Speaker 1: They're trying to get these local shops.
Speaker 3: They're trying to get them to stop selling the stuff that contains THHC, the stuff that gets you high.
Speaker 1: Now, I got the.
Speaker 3: Guys talking about Delta this and Delta Dawn and everything else. I don't know, guys, it's not my stuff. It's your stuff. Have it, play with it, putts with it. It's not me for me, okay, puttsing around. So I said, you know, there's people that are into Star Wars everything, and I said, you know.
Speaker 1: Baby Yoda. Baby Yoda has a name. I think, I don't think it's just called baby Yoda.
Speaker 3: Jackass over here comes up with something off the top of his head, says that he watches it, and then I get it. Then I get an email rod. How many emails you think Alex got, I don't care. You know how many emails I got on it?
Speaker 13: Five?
Speaker 3: I got twenty five emails that are thinking that the kid's serious. Okay, I want to punch you right in your face right now.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 12: Is because it's gonna just trigger somebody.
Speaker 1: But it's Grogu.
Speaker 6: I watched the first three episodes of Mandalorian did not pick it up, but we learned that it was Grogu.
Speaker 1: And I'm just gonna say the wrong names some reason. People want to email me when somebody misspeaks on.
Speaker 18: This show too, they.
Speaker 1: Okay, form be fun.
Speaker 4: You know what I wish as many people emailed you, they will become partners in hope.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you've got time to lean, time to clean.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly what do you have?
Speaker 1: What's the latest and greatest.
Speaker 3: We've got the we've got our friends, we've got our partners. Saint Jude, we got our Saint Jude. Radiothon going on sponsored by Gallery Furniture. They are in house, they are working.
Speaker 1: They were here.
Speaker 4: They're so nice.
Speaker 3: They were they were here at the crack of night and uh and they're answering calls today, so they've they're kind of giving us these updates and goals every hour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the update is on the topeboard, which is sponsored by KBR. There there has collectively been raised sixty three, five hundred and sixty six dollars.
Speaker 5: That's a we're doing right now.
Speaker 4: So I'm so proud of us. I'm so proud of us. But guys, we're in the last hour and the last goal is they need thirty partners in Hope by ten am. That is the by ten am, they want to have thirty more partners in Hope. And you can become a monthly donor. Now I've been giving away the phone number, but I want to give you a text option as well. You can become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Juke Bye Cancer. Just text the word kids okay IDs to six two six two six two. Saint Jude will click, you will send you a link. You click that link and that's how you donate, Okay, So please please please text kids to six two six two six two. You put your gift on a credit card and you'll get the new this Shirt Saves Lives t shirt. You'll get the Saint Jude' sweatshirt which is very warm.
Speaker 5: Maakes me feel very nice.
Speaker 4: And and let's do this, guys.
Speaker 5: Let's let's just do this right now.
Speaker 1: Four. So Michael blob blaytote is now at four.
Speaker 5: Helping people.
Speaker 3: The Blue Babe, the Blue Damn, the Blue Bay, the Blue Blaze.
Speaker 1: Boo Blay, the boo blaze board like suply b boo Blay.
Speaker 3: Can anybody say boo blade board three times fast?
Speaker 4: You can't even see it?
Speaker 1: What times?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: I can't do it? Go ahead, I.
Speaker 4: Said, great, all right, Chili do it? What can this man?
Speaker 1: The second one was questionab We'll go ahead test it.
Speaker 4: Go boo bla board, boo blaboard, boot bloard.
Speaker 3: All right, you guys powered through it. Yeah, the boot bleat board is now at four.
Speaker 4: Actually do it?
Speaker 1: Where's Chili, Basy, where's Chili? He's telling me that his camera's not working.
Speaker 3: Why I'm gonna play nothing but boo blay until your camera works.
Speaker 12: Well, you don't be waiting a lot because Wizard on the hotline say it.
Speaker 1: You're not doing that?
Speaker 3: Run okay, boo blaze board three times from the Guatemalan go.
Speaker 5: All right, boobs Board, he was gonna do that now.
Speaker 3: This listen, don't go filthing up, Michael boo blay He's an international treasure.
Speaker 1: Please keep your filth away from them.
Speaker 4: It looks like this he does all the way.
Speaker 1: O't ruin him for me?
Speaker 4: What do not ruin him?
Speaker 1: What are you giving away?
Speaker 4: What time is it?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 5: Jeezus already?
Speaker 1: Nine?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Jerry Cantrell tickets Hustle Blues, that's.
Speaker 5: What I got.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna clean that up for you. February twenty six. House of Blues tickets are on sale.
Speaker 4: Now make whoever wins them say boot blay Board three times.
Speaker 1: I'll be forced to play him again and we'll have to update the.
Speaker 4: Tote Sponsored by Michael Buble. You're swatted by bubble water whatever the hell.
Speaker 3: Is I'll giveaways moving forward, sponsored by Michael Booble. All right, for the Jerry Cantrell tickets, you have to say what boo bla board, Blue Bay Blue k D.
Speaker 1: You know what you have to say?
Speaker 3: Got to say it three times seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 11: Houstons and the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five of the Buzz.
Speaker 3: Welcome back rod Ryan's Show, Guys, throw back Thursday.
Speaker 1: You gotta get an update on that.
Speaker 3: That song's coming up very very soon. Let me go over to the phones here do Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this is Johnny?
Speaker 3: Johnny, You're gonna make him do this to win the ticket? Say he really have to do this?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't think you gotta be great at it, Johnny, but I think they want you to say blue boom boom blaboard, boot blade board three times fast. And by the way, the boot blay board is at six now, yes, go ahead, Johnny show, show me how it's done.
Speaker 1: Boot blame board, boot blay board, boot blake board.
Speaker 12: Why so good?
Speaker 5: Why is he so good at that?
Speaker 1: That was that's us? That's six.
Speaker 3: Michael boom blaz spins this morning alone, doesn't, Sonny. No, Sonny doesn't have Michael boobla spins like we do. Okay, No nobody comes close in the country.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, Michael has Jerry kntrel tickets a House of Blues. Congratulations on your excellent addiction and on the tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh right, thank god, dude, great job today.
Speaker 3: Man, everybody knows the turkey denis all right out?
Speaker 1: Oh my online, okay, it's alex Online ninety.
Speaker 3: Four five the muzz Hey, al, hello, it's not looking good for your accounting crows.
Speaker 1: I didn't hanging around.
Speaker 4: You can't win at all, Alan.
Speaker 1: Living Color is still in first place, but.
Speaker 3: About twenty votes separate Living Color from Ransom.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, this is your time. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Well today they well, you're gonna be looking at a terms of service summarizer. Now, we always get those terms of service updates and they're a million pages on. No one reads him, no, dis agree to it. You sign your life away. This website is going to tell you the good and the bad of all of the websites, and you'll be able to kind of just summarize quickly what you would be signing.
Speaker 1: Even though I probably wouldn't summarize it. I would probably just click it. Anyway, Help me with this.
Speaker 3: Was there something hidden inside of a Disney Plus agreement that came back to burn somebody?
Speaker 1: Will we do a story on that this year?
Speaker 6: I don't did what I can't remember exactly what it was, but I am actually looking at Disney Plus right now, and it's like, the good is that refunds are given on a case by case basis for detailed information on how to cancel your subscription.
Speaker 1: It shows you how to do that. The bad is it renews automatically.
Speaker 6: Unless you cancel all of your Disney Plus websits.
Speaker 4: Sue them, you can't. It says you can't sue them, like if something happens at like one of their parts or something like something happened to someone's wife. I remember that and he went and tried to sue them, and they were like, oh no, you already signed our terms of agreement.
Speaker 1: Like what you signed? What did I sign?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Disney goes to a Disney Plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I subscribed to Disney US and somewhere it's hidden there, like you can never sue us.
Speaker 6: Any dispute between you and them except for small claims. The subject to class action waiver is what it says.
Speaker 1: That's part of it. So yeah, that would fall under that. So you go.
Speaker 6: Summarize any of these terms of services before you click it if you want to.
Speaker 1: At the welfamest Ride ran show page, the bus dot Com. All right, you're waving around an update.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm waving around because we're a little behind on our partner and hope gold for the Saint Jude raiothon. We have a thirty a thirty partner and hope goal for the ten o'clock hour, but we really really need twenty three more twenty three more in like a half hour. Guys, So nineteen dollars a month, you put your gift on a credit card, you'll get to you. This shirt saves live shirt that Rod's wearing, the Saint Jude sweatshirt that me and Alex are wearing. All you have to do is call now five eight eight one four three three one eight hundred five eighty eight fourteen thirty three again one eight hundred five eighty eight one four three three, And thank you to Danny from Sugar Lan, Jeffrey from Moo City, and Melanie from Roman Forests.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you all.
Speaker 3: Let's do this, well done, Well done, all right one eight hundred and five eight eight fourteen thirty three to call to become a monthly donor get your last minute votes in right now. It's Lincoln Park on the buzz ninety four five. The Buzz is Lincoln park and lost and start saying Jude Radiothon. It doesn't stop with us, Jeremy Terreesa, They're all doing it. They're all doing it that we'll be doing it all day today. So keep it locked right here. Chili's got that first link locked in on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: That's where you guys have been voting all morning long.
Speaker 3: But it's our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. I can help you out with that phone number if you want to become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help out the kids over at Saint Jude Fight Cancer.
Speaker 1: Put that gift on a credit card easily today. You just do it. You're gonna feel so good.
Speaker 3: What do we say, Don't give till it hurts, give till it feels good?
Speaker 1: Hey, can you can?
Speaker 12: You can?
Speaker 3: You give up nineteen dollars a month? That's what they're asking. Okay, so you put that gift on a credit card. You're gonna get a new this Shirt Saves Live T shirt and the Saint Jude sweatshirt. Call now one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. I slowed down for you, but still I get it. You're driving, You're not writing down numbers. Chili's got that first link up on the world famous Okay Throwback Thursday. Thank you guys for voting.
Speaker 1: All morning long. I'm going to refresh one final time.
Speaker 11: Ruby Ruby, Ruby, Ruby so Ho.
Speaker 1: I was kind of hoping that would win last place. County Crows and the Gravy Gang.
Speaker 3: They'll be hanging around in the bottom sixteen percent of the vote. Six hundred and thirty eight votes for Rancid Ruby Soho, six hundred and eighty five votes for Living Color. Cults of Personality, We're going Murt Murt Mert merret to nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 4: Mom, it's so about Thursday.
Speaker 12: Whatever the hell that.
Speaker 1: Here's your throwback Thursday Winter on ninety four five.
Speaker 16: The bush we have left?
Speaker 19: You want to talk right down to that and a language that everybody here can easily understanding.
Speaker 14: The count of personality, I mean the cons of personality. Listen, I can't ad.
Speaker 20: I'm the coastal person, busy the cultural question balty, the cultual person.
Speaker 6: Bality, me.
Speaker 14: Normalist on me speak that stun.
Speaker 9: To only.
Speaker 19: S to me to be.
Speaker 14: I'm a small listening. I'm a gult of personality. It's still doing the moon.
Speaker 20: At next.
Speaker 14: I'm a photo person by not jose.
Speaker 20: Calling, I'm asult of person reality, the guls of personality, the guls of personality.
Speaker 14: You know, me? God, what best things that leader, guys? Se two came up, two came up, the person to need.
Speaker 4: To me, I.
Speaker 17: Do some.
Speaker 1: Not what your hot drink?
Speaker 4: I do for you? The only thing we have to finish.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, the buzz That sounded good, guys I I would have been fine with all the songs. I would have been fine with all of them, but that one.
Speaker 1: Rocks obviously the hardest.
Speaker 3: That's living color and culture personality nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 4: That was really good.
Speaker 5: That was fun.
Speaker 1: We do are you filling a diaper?
Speaker 9: In eighty eight?
Speaker 1: What were you doing? I wasn't even born yet? Stop? Oh wow, eighty nine?
Speaker 4: Big I was three.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're.
Speaker 11: Eighty negative years old?
Speaker 4: Still negative?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I'll read by that.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna suck at Alex that's gross.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for all your help. You guys have been doing a great job. I've been getting a lot of emails.
Speaker 3: Saint Jude means a lot of things to a lot of people. It's our Saint Jude Radiothon. It doesn't stop with us at ten o'clock. It's going to go all day long. So our good friend Jeremy is going to talk about it. Teresa is going to be talking about it.
Speaker 1: So it's it's happening.
Speaker 3: It's happening. It's all sponsored by Gallery Furniture. And yeah, we've mentioned a couple of times. Shout out to Mattress Mac. He made a big announcement. He's going for open heart surgery.
Speaker 1: Uh you know some valvey, leaky valvey thing.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't know what I'm talking about on anything. I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Just no, just pray for my Bias furniture.
Speaker 4: Please, that's the only way he's gonna feel better.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, he's going in for ventricular about I don't know, I don't know anything.
Speaker 5: Why would we do that to ourselves? And name the surgery?
Speaker 3: Nobody, nobody, nobody in the history of anything has gotten this far with so little as myself.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything, okay. I just know that he's going under the knife next Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Something happening and he'll be there the cut knife.
Speaker 3: We're wishing him the best, that's right. I gotta pull on his bone, Pully bone. So we wish Mac the best. And he's sponsoring our.
Speaker 1: Saint Jude radio thoughts. So the phone number everything Chilly has it up for you.
Speaker 3: It's the very first blog page on the world famous Rob Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. But the key here that the Takeaway has become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help the kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. You put your gift on a credit card. We got the new t shirt. This shirt saves lives. They got the new sweatshirt. You can text the word kids sixty two sixty two sixty two.
Speaker 1: I know you can remember that, all right, So text the word kids to sixty two sixty two sixty two.
Speaker 3: But again, she'll he's got all of this stuff. But I want to thank all of you who have stepped up to become a partner in hope. Some of you got on board last year when we were talking about it and you said, hey, I'm letting that sucker roll over.
Speaker 1: You know who did that slow fast Andrew He's like, yeah, we're letting that roll over this year.
Speaker 5: That's wonderful.
Speaker 1: We just want to continue being a partner in hope.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 4: Other John's daughter, Ellie is also a partner in Hope, and she sends that. I think it's also really nice when little kids realize like, hey, there are other kids going through bigger stuff, so everyone get involved. Yeah, we love it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: You try to do that, you know, try to do that with London. I mean, she's excited about, you know, passing out the backpack. She knows she's gonna get to hang out with Tessa, and she knows she's going to get twenty five popsicles. But I'm trying to tell her why we're there, you know, and it's like, hey, there's are kids out there that don't have what you have, and when you're when you do that to your children and you start real young, and you hope that they kind of continue that on in life. So Other John's doing a great job with those kids, you.
Speaker 4: Know, truly because he takes them a lot of places, but they know that they are very lucky.
Speaker 5: They know that not all kids have that abundance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't have a dad that had season take us to every damn sports team and be awesome.
Speaker 1: The damn kids are spoiled. The hell.
Speaker 4: They're good kids.
Speaker 1: They are great kids. They are what I'm saying. But you work even that harder.
Speaker 4: You have to when you have to.
Speaker 1: My mom is so worried about London being spoiled. God does she give it to me.
Speaker 3: It's like she's like, this is how it is, right, London got a Halloween card from g grandmam my mom two dollars.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's great, but thank you.
Speaker 3: She knows that she's getting stuff from everyone else, and she knows that she she's living this privileged life.
Speaker 1: She's like, I don't want a kid to be spoiled. My kid didn't get money. And you know we didn't get money like that when we were young either.
Speaker 4: So your two siblings are very spoiled. We'd be like, Katie Moody be like no, we're going with you.
Speaker 1: Like what my mom will get my kid a couple of board games for Christmas.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's and that's appropriate, and that's appropriate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not this holy.
Speaker 4: That's I really disagree with that. Like Gimfluncer's you spoil your kids, spoil them in private. There's a lot of kids that don't have that stuff and they're looking online or something that you don't want to brag about that stuff, dude, that's like in bowel taste to me.
Speaker 1: Most of that stuff is rubbing things in people's face. Absolutely, all right, what are you giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets see All Elite Wrestlings aw All in Texas going down to light twelfth at Globe Life Field in Arlington.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're gonna have a question for you on the flip of this brake. Stay with US Rock and Alternative US The rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Marning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: La La La La la la la la la la la la. Today it was the fastest four hours of my life. Seriously, it's gonna be like this.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be like that tomorrow too, because the Saint Jude Radio Thon sponsored by Gallery Furniture, is going to continue tomorrow, and it doesn't end with us.
Speaker 1: At ten o'clock, Jeremy is ready to go. He's all fired up.
Speaker 3: He's gonna tell stories and talk about Saint Jude and all the great work that they do, and he's going to try to get you to call in and become a partner.
Speaker 1: And hope Teresa is going to do the same thing. So it doesn't end with us. It's all day. It's all day.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it again tomorrow, but right now it's no the show, and we are giving away those ae W tickets all Elite Wrestling July twelfth in Arlington. Tickets will go on sale Monday. We've been doing win them before they go on sale all day or all week. All right, wrestling fans are excited about this one. What's your question?
Speaker 4: I feel like we've had some morbid conversations these last couple of days. What morbid question do we ask today?
Speaker 5: People are answer?
Speaker 4: The answers were hilarious, They were great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were using this as a comedic moment.
Speaker 4: Yes, they were taking their time to be very funny.
Speaker 3: Seven one, three, two, one two, five nine four five Twenty years of Mayhem.
Speaker 11: In the Morning with the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Only on ninety four five, ninety four five The Bys, Good Morning.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show. Get ready to wrap things up.
Speaker 3: And turn it over to Jeremy who will continue with our Saint Jude radiothon All day today. Twenty percent chance of rain Cloudy's guys highs up around sixty six.
Speaker 1: Come on, pas now, time for know this show on ninety four five. La La la la la la la la la la la, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Sup Us up?
Speaker 1: Sup Us Up?
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 3: Jake?
Speaker 1: Welcome in, Jake, Tessa.
Speaker 12: What's your question?
Speaker 11: Jake?
Speaker 5: What morbid question did we ask today?
Speaker 17: What songs do you want to play it at your funeral?
Speaker 5: What's the one?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask you, Jake?
Speaker 9: What do you got?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 20: Man?
Speaker 12: You know I haven't really thought about that.
Speaker 1: John, How do you call in with the damn no the show question?
Speaker 4: And you let him?
Speaker 18: Rod?
Speaker 13: Dude?
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard me before?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask you? Oh yeah, free bird? Freebird?
Speaker 4: Come on, I mean.
Speaker 1: Somebody's gonna yell it out like an idiot. Anyways, all right there, it is, all right? Congratulations Jake. What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: Oh dude? You get the tickets to all Elite Wrestling's aw all in Texas. Congratulations, I'm knowing the shame.
Speaker 1: Nice all right, my man, Thank you, Jake, have a great day.
Speaker 17: Appreciate you, guys.
Speaker 1: Man, I appreciate you. I really do. You knew I was gonna ask you though. All Right, here we go. Cody beat Sean this morning. Sean got caught speeding.
Speaker 3: We're gonna continue with the Tournament of Champions fresh out of bed head to head Sammy Baker Davis Junior versus Abby tomorrow morning at six twenty You kidding me? Thix to gram was our number one link today Throwback Thursday. Thank you all for voting everybody on our poll question on the X talking about legalizing weed, even though that's not on the table here in Texas right now. They are looking to get rid of the things in the CBD stores that get you high. That's what they're working on getting rid.
Speaker 1: Of right now. So weed, guys found a loophole somehow selling stuff. Read my lips.
Speaker 3: Great job on subbody Words today, Alex wins and wins the year.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to you, shut up out, I forgot about that, all right. The Boo Bla board read six it's a great day.
Speaker 3: I felt like saying, Jude, Partners in Hope, you got some final numbers here quickly because Jeremy is literally pounding on the door.
Speaker 4: Well, I do need to say thank you to Ryan from Houston who became a Partner in Hope in the ten o'clock hours.
Speaker 5: Shane from Houston.
Speaker 4: Also, and then Melissa from Tomball. Thank you guys so so much. Let's let's keep this going. Let's show them what our listeners do.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is open phones Friday for the last hour, free beer every hour, Fanny Friday.
Speaker 1: You know how we do it.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show Care Store is open, guys, and we'll get that stuff.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I gotta call deb figure out how long we're gonna keep it open, because the only reason the store is open is because everybody's in the mood of giving right now. But I said, only open the store is if the stuff will be done and ready to go because I'm thinking Christmas presents. Okay, some of you didn't get in on that hoodie you can get there's some hoodies in there. Okay, So that's at the rod Ryan Show Care Store. Links and guests test us on Houston Life at one o'clock, Jeremy's gonna continue with the Great Saint Jude Radio thon.
Speaker 1: We're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 4: A m alf.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 7: If you missed any of the show today, All the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.