Speaker 1: I don't feel well, and I'm pretty sure that watching this show made me sicker than I was going into it. This was an episode of Dynamite that had a main event of Mercedes Monnette defending the TBS Championship against the Magical Girl Yukasakazaki, and they did such a poor job of promoting this as their main event that we were about ninety minutes into the show and I legitimately had to look at the description that I have down below the match card to remind myself what the main event of the show even was. So that was the state of Dynamite tonight. We had the Magical Girl nothing personally against Yukasakazaki, but she hasn't been on Dynamite since Grand Slam. Just showed up on Collision the other week won a fatal four way all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: She's number one contender in main eventing Dynamite. This week we had far too much of the death riders on this show.
Speaker 1: I guess it's one of those things where you need to be careful what you wish for, because we had a match tonight with Jay White and Wheeler Una, and there was nothing necessarily wrong with the match itself, But I will never sit here and tell you that we should have had a Wheeler Uni main event on this show. So I would probably take the Mercedes match over that match anyway in the main event spot. But far too much of the Death Riders on this show. And I understand it's their main angle, so it kind of makes sense for them to occupy more TV time than most other things on this show.
Speaker 2: But it's no good. It's no good.
Speaker 1: Speaking of no good, we had Jeff Jarrett in the ring tonight. He went one on one with Claudio, and if Jeff Jarrett could beat Claudio, he would earn the right to challenge John Moxley for the AW World Championship. And he is not challenging John Moxley for the AAW World Championship. However, boy does Claudio and the Death Riders. Boy did they look worse off coming out of that segment than they did going into it. John Moxley apparently is scared of Jeff Jarrett. He's scared of Jeff Jarrett in a way that evidently he wasn't scared of Orange Cassidy or Jay White or Hangman Page going into World's End, because he took it upon himself to get involved in this match tonight to make absolutely sure that Jeff Jarrett would not get an aw World title match. What that says about the Death Riders other than the fact that their heels not a whole lot. And by the way, they dropped a segment on their YouTube channel with Renee interviewing her husband and the Death Riders. It dropped at seven o'clock last night, and I watched it after a drop, but they showed some brief highlights of it tonight. They're trying to flesh out the details of what the Death Riders are all about, what they represent, what their mission is. Right four months later, they're trying to flesh things out here. They didn't do a very good job of it. But there's one part in particular that they did not err on the show tonight that I think is kind of relevant and kind of goes to the point that nobody seems to know what the hell is going on here. And I will tell you what that is when we get to that part of the show a little bit later on.
Speaker 2: But there's a sliver of hope. There is a sliver of hope because we got another very brief interaction if you can call it that on the show tonight between MJF and Hangman Adam Page. So can we just like hit the fast forward button? Can we do that?
Speaker 1: Can we just fast forward through all this jarret nonsense with MJF and just.
Speaker 2: Get to the good stuff sliver of hope.
Speaker 1: Now I should mention this one person who was not present live on the show, although apparently he was there at the arena, but he was not on the show tonight, and according to Fightful, he was factored greatly into tonight's show, and his not being there affected the segments on the show, what they did, maybe the match order, It affected what they had previously planned and written for tonight's show.
Speaker 2: It doesn't excuse the fact that tonight was not a good show.
Speaker 1: They had several days to try to book at least an entertaining television program. I did not happen to find it as an entertaining television program. But they had Will Hobbs factored into this show. Now, if you saw Collision over the weekend, there was a segment with him in Big Bill and they went off the stage and they went through some tables down below, and I guess he suffered a cut.
Speaker 2: He's not injured.
Speaker 1: But when he got to the building, I guess they determined according to Fightful, they determined that his stitches were not healed enough yet, and so they were not going to allow him to do whatever it was that he was going to do. Obviously, he would have had a match because if not, if it was just the promo, then there's no harm in sending him out there. But because his stitches I guess were not I don't know fully healed or whatever, he was not medically cleared. So there were changes made to tonight's show because of that. I have a question. I was thinking about this because I was bored during the show, and so my mind began to wander. And maybe I'm just hallucinating because I'm also sick, but I was wondering. You know what happened to Megan Bain? Noah, we saw Megan Bain. She was in the Women's Gauntlet match a few weeks ago, and we heard that she was going to be back like full time in aaw It was not a one off. She was going to be featured on television on a regular basis. And then the week after we had a video package, and in the video package, they showed highlights of her in the Gauntlet match and they.
Speaker 2: Kind of talked her up a lot. Nothing tonight on Megan Vane.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's a week or two weeks now, but just the thought, I don't know if we're gonna get her consistently on the show or not. Those were what the reports indicated, But I don't know. We haven't seen Meghan Bane since the Women's.
Speaker 2: Goalet a few weeks ago, so who knows one thing that we did learn today And I don't even think they mentioned this tonight on the show, come to think of it.
Speaker 1: But I have an update for you on Grand Slam Australia, which is coming out, coming out, which is coming like Veer, it is coming next month.
Speaker 2: The updates have not been good.
Speaker 1: Obviously, it was going to be in a stadium, and then they downgraded to a smaller venue and it was going to air at eight o'clock on TNT, and then it was going to be two thirty in the morning on TNT, and then it was going to air on fucking UHF.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, the latest update is a little bit better, and this comes from PW Insider. The latest update is that on TNT at least here in the United States. AW Grand Slam Australia will air on February fifteenth at ten thirty pm Eastern Time, so it will not be airing it two thirty in the morning. I mean, it might still be on it two thirty in the morning, but it's not starting at two thirty in the morning. But it will air ten thirty pm, provided that the NBA All Star coverage is over by them, which it may not be. But as soon as that ends, they will immediately go into Grand Slam. So no indication of whether or not it will also simulcast at the same time on Max. You would think that it would, but there's been no clarity on that. AW has not been very good about giving clarity about much when it comes to the airtime and all that kind of technical information about the show. I would imagine it has to do with Warner Brothers Discovery perhaps not giving them the information in a timely manner, But bad look for AW. Think they would really be pushing that hard, and they really haven't been. They've been pushing the show, but not much else about the shifts anyway. That's the update on Grand Slam. Let's get into this. How shall I put this? Let's get into this depressingly boring episode of Dynamite tonight. This is your aw Dynamite review. It is Wednesday, January twenty ninth, twenty twenty five. I am the solemn monster. Dynamite opened with Will Osprey against Brian Cage. First it was Kenny Omega. Now it was Brian Cage's chance to lose to Will Ospray. Right as the bell sounded, Don Caallos took the microphone told Osprey to look at the big screen. We see Kenny Omega had been attacked. It was being tended to by doctors and referees. Callous laughed maniacally. Cage attacked him. Osprey responded with a hurrican Ronda to the floor, so he tried to follow up dive. Cage sidestepped it and he leveled Osprey with a lariat. Ospray managed to send Cage into the post. He sprung to the guardrail jumped right into the clutches of Cage, who walked around ringside with a stalling supplex. Cage then took the referee that allowed Lance Archer and Don Kallis to get in some cheap shots for good measure, and so Cage controlled the action.
Speaker 2: Once they made it back inside the ring, so Osbury made a comeback.
Speaker 1: He booted Cage to the outside and he hit the Saske Special out onto Brian Cage. Archer then ran distraction long enough for Cage to recover. He hit the super plex from the outside in for a two count. Ospbrey slipped out of a power bomb with some hook kicks, tried the oscutter. Cage caught him with lariot's and a lager bomb for a close two count. Cage managed an avalanche F five and Ospray got his foot on the ropes. Archer, though shoved it off and that led to Rick Knox. He actually caught him. So what did Rick Knox do? Rick Knox actually caught him. He had him dead to rights. And what did Rick Knox do? He does what he always does, He did absolutely nothing. The most useless referee in all of wrestling. But this whole delay allowed Osprey to counter or power bomb into a herd Kinna that sent Cage into Archer. Ospray somehow managed the styles clash and he got the pin to win the match. When the match was over. Archer attacked immediately, Cage joined in. Here comes Kenny Omega. We hear the music, and here comes Kenny Omega down to the ring with a chair which he used on both murder machines. Kenoski, Takeshta and Kyle Fletcher. They made their way to the ring. Now it's four on two and Takesha hit a bastard driver on Omega. Fletcher delivered a tombstone on Osprey, and Callous joined his family members and they stood tall. So they played Takeshta's music and you think, all right, you know, good match. It's some heat here for the heels. They lay out the baby is pretty straightforward segment here, and they played to Kesha's music to close the segment, or so I thought.
Speaker 2: But then they.
Speaker 1: Continue to assault Omega, so they stopped his music. Then they posed again, the heels did and they played to Ketsch his music for a second time, and I'm like, okay, But then Omega got up on his knees and he's starting to fight back, so they stopped the music again and then they continue to attack.
Speaker 2: Osprey saw this. He crawled over.
Speaker 1: He covered Omega to try to stop him from taking any more punishment. Then they played to Ketch his music for a third time, and I was just wondering if this segment was ever gonna end. I was wondering, how many more times are we going to do this? I felt like I was watching an episode from season two of Squid Game if you if you know the game that I'm talking about, kind of like it's kind of like a go around.
Speaker 2: Play the music and stop, play the music and stop.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was living I feel like right now the way I feel like I'm living an episode of Squid Game after having watched this show. But finally the segment did come to an end, and look, it was the usual good Will Ospbury match Takeshta and Fletcher. They got heat on the baby Faces heading into Grand Slam. I don't know what happened there at the end. That was very strange. We go backstage to Renee and she is outside Swerve Strickland's locker room when Hangman Adam Page storms right by her and goes to enter Swerve's locker room and he doesn't find him there, so he goes to leave and Renee is like, wait a minute, what are you doing? And Hangman basically said, look, it's none of your business what I'm doing. So as Page goes to leave, he bumped shoulders with MJF and the two of them exchange a t hence stare. No words are exchanged and Page continues on his way. So then MJF after that, he was mumbling to himself and he was mocking, how hangmen, you know he walks around hair acting like king shit, called him a hypocrite. Then he turned his attention to Jeff Jarrett and he said, Jeff Jarrett will learn tonight that he should have taken his deal with the devil, but he'll be beaten by a horse in Claudia. Okay, I think I would have been more entertained, frankly by watching Jarrett try to fight a horse. It's like when Matt Hardy had to fight the kangaroo. Actually, if I was sitting here watching Jeff Jarrett fighting a horse tonight, I would I would have gotten worried that maybe my temperature had spiked a little too high, maybe I need.
Speaker 2: To lay down a little bit. But no, we did not get the horse.
Speaker 1: But MJF said that tonight is the last Outlaws, last ride he goes. Ain't I great. So another MJF Hangman teas can we fast forward to that police? Can we get to that? Can that be the revolution match? But also you know Hangman looking for Swerve?
Speaker 2: That was interesting.
Speaker 1: Why would he be busting into Swerve Strickland's locker room unless he just wants to beat his ass again randomly? Are they going to make up? Are they going to end up on the same side? Is are they going to try to call a truce here? Like you broke into my house, I burned down yours. Let's just share a beer and just call call it, call it even forgive and forget. We got pre recorded comments from Powerhouse Hobbes, who, as I mentioned earlier, Powerhouse Hobbs not medically cleared to appear on tonight's show, but he was there, so I guess they filmed this in the back with him. But he said, unfortunately he wasn't clear to travel to Dynamite tonight. When he's cleared, he's going to show Big Bill. But the hell they went through on collision when they crashed off the stage, that is only the beginning. So the announcers then told us that Bill hit Hobbes with a brick, which is why Hobbes was not clear to travel and look, I mean they look, they showed highlights. They tried to get Hobbes on the show in some way, and I think it's encouraging if they had him factored into the show for a larger role, because they should have him on television consistently.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: And I want to see him on the show every week, not one week and then three weeks off. One week and then three weeks off. So hopefully he'll be medically cleared and he'll be back on the show next week, and then it's just a matter.
Speaker 2: Of consistency with him, you know.
Speaker 1: And him and Big Bill, right two very talented big men that they have on the roster who I think be a lot higher up on the card than they are right now. Them working against each other is fine, but both of them, those guys, you know, both of those guys should be doing more than what they are doing now. Hopefully they're slowly building to that. We'll get to the Big Bill stuff a little later, because we got another Jericho New York Minutes segment, so but then we had Jeff Jarrett should bring my I should bring my trash can over here? Just in case we had Jeff Jarrett one on one against Claudio Castignoli. Coming into this, there were two trains of thought. On one track, it's MJF interfering in the match, costing Jarrett the ability to get that aw World Championship match against John Moxley, and then that segues into MJF against Jeff Jarrett. On the other track was the thought that Jarrett wins like even a fluky win, and he earns a shot at John Moxley, and in that match, right man, when he's this close to winning the championship, MJF snatches it away from him, makes it that much more brutal.
Speaker 2: And then we get MJF against Jeff Jarrett. And they did neither of those things here in this match.
Speaker 1: Jarrett avoided a neutralizer and locked on a figure four leg lock. Claudio quickly got to the ropes.
Speaker 2: Wheeler Yudah come strolling out and.
Speaker 1: He begins arguing with Jarrett. After a commercial break, Claudio had taken control. Claudio fired off some uppercuts. Jarrett responded by focusing on the leg. Claudio, though caught him in a giant swing. Now, normally when you see Claudio delivered the giants swing. It's very interesting and I like paying attention to little things like this. Most wrestlers clasp their hands behind their head, which makes sense because you never know what the impact is going to be when he lets go that you would protect your head. Jared didn't do that. Jarrett stiffened up and had his hands at his sides, which I've never seen that before. And then, of course, when Claudio was done, Jarrett's head bounced off the mat, so oops. Claudio sold some leg pain. He still applied the sharpshooter, though Jarrett reversed the sharpshooter into one of his own until you slid a chair into the ring, and then he went around to the other side to distract the referee. Now, after eating a right hand from Jarrett, Da grabs the referee he's holding onto the referee.
Speaker 2: Claudio takes the chair and he goes for a chair shot.
Speaker 1: He swings and he misses, and Jarrett was about to hit the stroke and potentially pick up the win. A while John Moxley appears. The aw World champion, hits the ring and before Jarrett can execute the stroke, Moxley drops him with a paradigm shift. Claudio then follows, which, of course the referee didn't see. Claudio follows with consecutive neutralizers and he gets the in to beat Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett took that second neutralizer horribly, you know, you know what. He took it like someone who takes the pedigree. Kine used to do this. Actually, Kine used to take the pedigree and land on one knee.
Speaker 2: It looked like shit.
Speaker 1: Jarrett landed on both knees like he did not want to take the second neutralizer, so it looked like shit.
Speaker 2: But Claudio picks up the win. So it took let let's recap this, okay, So it.
Speaker 1: Took interference from Willer, Yuda and John Moxley to put away Jeff Jarrett here in this match. It took three men if you count Claudio. It took three men to put away Jeff Jarrett here.
Speaker 2: In this match.
Speaker 1: Doesn't exactly make the death Riders look all that intimidating, now, does it. Actually, it makes Claudio look like shit. It makes the entire faction look like shit. I don't think that a single person in this segment came out of this segment looking any better off than they were going into it. Jareded it didn't help that the match sucked. I thought this match sucked. So it's not like Jarrett went out there and had a great match.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 1: So who exactly came out of this, you know, looking Sterling, nobody did, including the referee.
Speaker 2: By the way. But what let me ask you this question. I said this at the top of the review. Why would John Moxley be so concerned about Jeff Jarrett that he would feel the need to go out there and interfere in the match, Like he doesn't trust Claudio enough.
Speaker 1: We already had you to out there. But then Moxley is like, I gotta go out there and save this guy. Why would he be so concerned even if Jarrett went on to win that Jarrett is going to win a shot at the AW World Championship. When it was John Moxley who pitched the idea of a four way match at world's end, putting his title on the line in one match against three other men a lot younger than Jeff Jarrett, Jay White, Range, Cassidy Hangman Page, As I recall, that was Moxley's idea.
Speaker 2: And I think even the announcers Rene even may have questioned it on the air. That's like, why would John Moxley agree to give a title shot that three other men? Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Renee, maybe you should ask him. But Jeff Jarreed is just too much for John mox lay to handle here. He's petrified of double Jay Fine. So the death Riders left through the crowd and Jared is in the ring and he's trying to catch his breath and he's trying to slowly recover. This week's episode is sponsored by DraftKings. The conference championship games are here, and as I am sitting here speaking right now, the Bills and the Chiefs, the Eagles and the Commanders are all gearing up to see who is going to Super Bowl fifty nine at the Superdome not Silverdome, brother in New Orleans. The playoffs are not done yet, and you can get in on all the action at DraftKings Sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL.
Speaker 2: Right now, new.
Speaker 1: DraftKings customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. And today is a great day to get in on all the fun because we've got the Buffalo Bills at thirteen and four this season, taking on the fifteen and two defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs, who are looking to make history. No team in the history of the NFL has ever won three consecutive Super Bowls. And if Patrick Mahomes does the impossible, does that make him the goat over Tom Brady and his seven rings?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I heard Stephen A. Smith say that the other day. What I can tell you is that today's a great day to place your first bet. And right now in the DraftKings sports Book Gap, I'm looking at the money line odds and the Chiefs are favored at minus one twenty five, with the Bills coming in at plus one oh five. In the other game between the Eagles and the Commanders, Philadelphia is the favorite at minus two eighty five, with Washington coming in at plus two thirty. How do I think it's gonna go? It doesn't matter what I think. All that matters is what you think and who wins either game is not the only thing that you can place your bets on. You can bet on the odds for top touchdown score, a number of receptions, even the outcome of the first drive of the game. Just remember lines and odds are subject to change. New DraftKings customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use code sol a Monster. That's code sol a Monster for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight Hope and Why, or text hope and Why four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCP. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent. Eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD and Ontario. Bonus Betzkspire one hundred and sixty eight hours up Richuin's four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 1: Mjf's music Hits and He's, He's All smiles and he Struts down to the ring and he was about to say something, and instead he just blasted Jarrett with a right hand right in the face with the dynamite diamond ring on his pinky finger, knocked him out cold. Then he knelt down next to him and he said, I respect my elders, so I'm speaking of elders. Wow, thank you tuxedo. Impeccable timing. So MJF knelt down next to him and he said that he respects his elders, so he's not going to say I told you so, and then he walked to the back and Jarrett was left in the ring unconscious. If they are building to something, which they clearly are with MJF and Hangman Page, then I have cautious optimism that when we eventually get the match between MJF and Jeff Jarrett, Jared ain't gonna beat MJF. God put nothing past these people, Like I don't think Jared's gonna win the world title, but him beating MJF, I'm not so sure about that. But if they're going to go right into MJF and Hangman, how would it look if MJF lost to Jarrett even on a fluke and then went into a program with Hangman like that makes no sense. So I have cautious optimism as far as that goes. But now I'm starting to wonder because they're going to continue to tell this story with Jeff Jarrett. This is not the end of Jared's story. He's going to chase after this aw World Championship. And they brought it up during commentary tonight about it was the owen Hart Cup last year that reinvigorated him and made him realize that, you know, a fifty seven year old man, he could do this right.
Speaker 2: Well, they're going to have another owen.
Speaker 1: Hart tournament this year, and if they do it the way they did last year, the winner of the owen Hart Cup is going to get an aw World Championship.
Speaker 2: Match at all In. And so now my mind begins to wander, and I begin to wonder. I'm wandering and I'm wondering, here are they gonna have Jeff Jarrett. I think they're almost assuredly going to have Jeff Jarrett in the owen Heart Cup he didn't win last year? Are they going to have Jeff Jarrett win the owen Hart Cup? And that is how he gets himself a shot at the AEW World Championship at Globelife Stadium in Texas on July twelfth. Is that what we're headed towards? Are we headed towards Moxley and Jarrett at all in for the AAW World Title? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just put it out there because as I look ahead and I wonder, how are they gonna circle back around to this, because they're gonna want to tell this story with Jarrett at least getting a title match. Holy shit, I mean, it's not all that unrealistic to think about, is it. I don't want to think about it. I want to pretend I didn't even just say it. But it's a very distinct possibility, just food for thought, tug on the heart strings, playoff the Owen heart connection. He'll be the sentimental favorite in the tournament. But then I think reality hits when you realize that Jeff Jarrett is going to the main event at all in. We don't need that. Renee was backstage with Ricochet and she informs Ricochet that Tony Kahn said that if Swerve Strickland interferes Tonight in his match in any capacity, then his match against Ricochet, which is taking place, I believe they're in Atlanta next week on Dynamite, then the match is off and Swerve will not be able to get his hands on Ricochet. So Ricochet said, he's happy to hear that, and he's gonna tell his thoughts to He'll share his thoughts with her, not tonight, but on Collision this weekend. So as Rikoshet makes his entrance and they came back live, this was great. Ex Caliber on commentary points out accurately that Ricochet interfered in Swerves match last week, and then Tony Schavanni pipes up and he says, that's right, and that's why it's confusing why Tony Khan would make a rule like that, seeing is how it only applies this week to Swerve, right, Like, that's not fair. Why would he make this rule and it handicaps Swerve when Ricochet was able to.
Speaker 2: Interfere last week. Like that's the closest that we will ever get to the announcers shooting on Tony Khan's booking basically and in so many words, basically saying that this doesn't make any sense, but it was funny to me to hear them articulated in a very professional way here on the actual broadcast, where even Tony Schiavani is like, well, that doesn't seem really fair, That really doesn't seem to make any sense at all. But that's the rule that Tony Khan made. So after Swerve and ar Fox last week, we.
Speaker 1: Were treated to another Luca Underground revival this week with Ricochet one on one against ar Fox. I missed Prince Puma, by the way. I wish he would come back. I would prefer Prince Puma over Rikoshet. Can we bring him back? Prince Puma never spoke, he wore that mask. He just went out there had kick ass matches. Can we get that guy back? I missed Prison Puma. Fox wanted a death valley driver on the apron. Ricochet, though, floated over into the ring and then hip toss Fox, who's still on the apron. He hip tossed him onto the edge of the ring apron and then he fell to the floor and that did not look fun. When things returned, Rikoshet was still in control. Both men got a full head of steam and they ducked an attack and then they collided. Both they both went for a cross body block, so both men were down. Fox hit a picture perfect four to fifty splash that only netted him in the ear fall, and he couldn't believe that Ricochet kicked out. Ricochet crawled to the apron, but he held onto the referee as Fox pulled him back in, and that brief hesitation allowed Ricochet to hit a code breaker for a two count. Then he hit the spirit gun, and then he finished him off with vertigo for the wind. After the match, Ricochet grabbed his gold scissors, which were hidden behind one of the turnbuckles, and he was about to use it on Fox when Swerve Strickland appeared at ringside, and he may or may not have had a chain because he basically swept out Ricochet's legs and dragged him outside. I think the announcer said he had a chain. I didn't see one. It was hard to tell. He may have had a chain, but whatever. He pulls Ricochet out of the ring, and this is this is okay because he waited until after the match was over. He lived up to the rules that Tony Kahan put forth. He waited until the match was over, ding ding ding, and then he came out to interfere. So he's beating him up outside. He throws him into the barricade, and he throws him into the ring steps. He gets him in the ring and he's setting up for a Swerve stomp, and Ricochet grabs ar Fox. He reaches over and grabs ar Fox and pulls him on top of him like.
Speaker 2: A human shield.
Speaker 1: And he also has his golden scissors and he's putting him to his throat like he's threatening to murder this man. If Swerve jumps off the top row, he's got a hostage. We have a hostage situation here. So anyway, he tossed Fox aside, he bailed and Swerves stared him down, saying there's.
Speaker 2: Nowhere to run. In one week.
Speaker 1: This was a good match, and I like the little postmatch angle they did here. Swerve was out there looking like a maniac. He looked like he wanted to murder this man. Ricochet out there acting like a chicken shit doing everything he could, including taking a hostage, to try to get out of this situation with his life. And these two are going to go out there, I think, and have a great match next week. So I actually this is the one segment on this show I had no issues with.
Speaker 2: I thought this was fine. They aired footage.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, this is what I wanted to talk about, So they aired footage. Now, Renee does a series on their YouTube channel called aw Close Up and they interviewed different people for it.
Speaker 2: So what they did was they interviewed the death Riders. They had her interview her husband and the rest of the Death Riders I guess at their home. They were in the basement to talk about the death Riders and what their mission is, what do they hope to accomplish, and all of that, and it dropped on their YouTube channel yesterday at seven o'clock. So here they just aired some very brief highlights. But in the highlights, she asks why is her husband hold the AW World title? Hostage? Right?
Speaker 1: Another hostage situation on this show. Actually there's three hostage situations, because I kind of feel like I was taken hostage tonight.
Speaker 2: But she's asking a valid question to her husband.
Speaker 1: You know, I guess when they're just you know, at home, playing with the kids, or they're lounging out on the couch, or they got some pillow talk, you know, it just doesn't seem appropriate to ask him, Hey, honey, why are you hiding the world championship in a briefcase, right, because I honestly, even when they're home, they're probably a lie.
Speaker 2: Who gives a shit about this stuff.
Speaker 1: But she asked the question here, and we have not seen physically seen the AW World Title since he won it at Wressel Dream from Brian Danielson.
Speaker 2: It has been missing ever since.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, since it's going to be gone after this weekend, i'd pop if when the reveal finally happens and that briefcase opens instead of the AW World Title, like the Winged Eagle belt just magically appears and they start using the Winged Eagle on Dynamite.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: I think that would be great actually if they and I think the AW World Title belt is one of the better looking wrestling belts today.
Speaker 2: I'm not shitting on the belt.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I'm bummed that after this weekend, the Winged Eagle is going back.
Speaker 2: To the warehouse. That's all I'm saying. She asked the question.
Speaker 1: Moxley asks, why do people think this is a petting zoo? They want to take a picture with it. People don't understand what it takes to be a champion. He is the living definition of a world champion. You want your world title. It's right here. Take a look at me. It's not something you win. It's not something you hold. It's not something you show off or you take a picture with. It's in your heart. It's cultivated, it's grown in the white hot fires of combat. Moxley is building an army of John Moxley's. Can you imagine an army of death Riders here? He's building an army of John Moxley's behind him, and he's backfilling them behind him, putting them through what he has gone through.
Speaker 2: And worse well, they can't go through what he's gone through unless Tony Kahn puts them on TV in a gas mask and forces them to get vaccinated on TV like Dean Ambrose had to. Look. I'll say one nice thing about this.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that they attempted to take a stab at something like this, although it's four months too, Like, I don't know why it took four months to get something like this. People have been asking this question now for months. What exactly is it that the death Riders are after here? What's the end goal? What do they see as the end result of this campaign of terror that they have been reigning upon AW now for the past four or five months, right, they still have not given a valid answer to that question. I don't know why it took four months to even do a segment like.
Speaker 2: This in the first place.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately I can't give you a straight answer now because what they gave us here was a bunch of gobbledegook.
Speaker 2: And I watched the entire twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: They didn't really say a whole hell of a lot different than the bullshit that we've heard on TV. But that wasn't even the best part, right, That's what they aired on the show tonight. What they did not show you here from that segment was Renee asking what their main objective is and Claudio said that, look, we're not here to kill AW. Our objective is not to destroy this company. It's just the opposite. But in the same segment, when Renee went to go interview Pack, who was sitting in a sauna like, she turned and off to the side. There's just like a little single sauna and he's in his gear and he's just sitting in there by himself, and she's interviewing him through the glass.
Speaker 2: She asked the same question to Pack. Do you know what Pack had to say in this segment? This is what Pack said. He said, he.
Speaker 1: Said, their goal is to burn this company to the How are we supposed to follow along here? How are we supposed to make heads or tails out of this? What their mission is?
Speaker 2: When the people in the group cannot get on the same page as to what their mission is in the first place, Claudio says, we don't.
Speaker 1: Want to destroy AW. PAC says, we want to destroy AW. I'm more confused coming out of this than I was going into it. Good job, this accomplished nothing. This was a waste of time. That's what this was. We got a commercial that aired for a brand new movie that Chris Jericho is in called Dark Match. Is what I wish he would have more of On Shutter.
Speaker 2: I like Shutter.
Speaker 1: Shutter is a horror channel. For those who don't know, they actually had a Oh god, what was They had a series on Shutter that I was a fan of.
Speaker 2: Creep Show. Yeah, the movie Creep Show. They had a TV series and I think it went three or four seasons and it was airing on.
Speaker 1: Shutter and I have not heard anything since, so I'm going to assume that it is not returning unfortunate. But I'm not going to subscribe to Shutter just to watch Dark Match. But that is the new movie that Chris Jericho is in. I guess it may be I think at premieres this weekend. If you want to watch it, you can go find it. But this led into another New York Minute segment with Chris Jericho and the Learning Tree.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: The New York Minute segments they started in advance of Final Battle when Jericho was in to defend the ROH World title against Matt Cardona. Because Final Battle was at the Hammerstein Ballroom, which is in New York. Final Battle was a month ago. Why are we still getting New York Minute segments? Is this like an inside joke supposed to be funny? Like last month it made sense. Now it doesn't make any sense. But he's still doing the New York Minute here. We don't claim him, by the way, US New Yorkers don't claim this man. I know he was born in New York, but we don't claim it. So he said that Big Bill took out Powerhouse Hobbs last week. And then Bill spoke and he said that he put Jericho's words last week into Action and he feels stronger because of it. And Jericho said that that makes him proud of and then Bill in the background. You could tell like Bill was ready to get this great compliment from his mentor, but instead Jericho says he was proud of himself, proud of himself for being such a great mentor. But Bill did not do what he was supposed to do. Bill did not take out Powerhouse Hobbs permanently, so it looks like he still has more to learn. But anyway, so Jericho said that he and Brian Keith are going to take on the Outrunners this week on Collision, and Jericho waved goodbye, but his smirk slowly faded into a sneer as he looked over his shoulder back at Big Bill. So trouble is afoot. They're slowly building to Big Bill breaking away from the learning tree.
Speaker 2: Which is good. That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Now we just have to be patient, wait for it to happen, and hope, hope for his sake that once he breaks away from the learning tree, we don't continue to get Jericho segments and no Big Bill.
Speaker 2: Segments on TV.
Speaker 1: Because what a kick in the balls that would be like, it's one thing to have Jericho on the show, but after all this Jericho still ends up with more TV time than Big Bill.
Speaker 2: Then I mean, I just I give up. I don't even know what to say that, like, I just give up. So hopefully bigger and better things for Big Bill. We had Switchblade Jay White in action next against Wheeler da I briefly fell asleep during this match, but an alert on my watch woke me up before the finish, so I was able on Mac because I watched the shows on Max. Now I was able to go back and see what I missed. That's that's what Wheeler. You to dost to me.
Speaker 1: You to try to attack before the bell almost ate a Blade Runner, but he scrambled outside, so White was having his way with him until you to drop kick the leg out, hit a drop toe hold onto the edge of the ring.
Speaker 2: The ankle got trapped in the framing of the ring and that allowed you to to stomp on the knee. Ex Caliber threw it to picture and picture and the show just kept going. So they just continued announcing, and then a minute or two later, in the middle of them speaking, they just abruptly cut a commercial so when things came back, White return or White tried to mount to comeback, you'da again went after the wanted to back superplex. White fought out with a dragon screw, hit a superplex for a two count. You to roll through a urinagi and then shot blocked White, leading into a single leg crab. White got the ropes. You'd hit an arm trap angle slam for a two count, so White started firing up. Hit a huge urinagi. White wanted blade runner. You to roll through into a schoolboy and you look for a splash, rolled through, wanted the bussaku knee, but he ran right into a blade Runner, and just like that, Jay White finishes off Wheeler d to After the match, the Death Riders hit the ring and they attacked Jay White, but rated FTR hits the scene and they make the save before things got out of hand. As Powerhouse Hobbs, sits at home and seeds and possibly starts to wonder a few things about these guys.
Speaker 1: Dax Harwood took the microphone and he said that he hates how the Death Riders tried to end a sixty seven year old.
Speaker 2: Hero of his.
Speaker 1: I thought they were referring to Jeff Jarrett earlier in the show, but they were referring to Ricky Morton last week they bashed his brains in with a concerto. Harwood said that Dennis Condrey is here tonight, one half of the legendary Midnight Express, and on the name of Dennis Condrey, he said on Collision they will see the Death Riders in a mid South street fight. So j White got a measure of revenge on Wheeler da who's been a thorn in his side for a while now. The match itself was fine, but I'm just gonna be honest with you. I'm just I'm just over it. I see Dah, I see the Death Riders.
Speaker 2: I just check out. I don't care like I don't care. I just don't care. And I could have sworn that.
Speaker 1: The announcers referred to Copeland as Copeland, so I don't know if it was a slip of the tongue or if they've already done away with Cope. Probably not, but I still call them Copeland anyway, enough of the Death Riders. We got a video package of the Mariah May and Tony Storm segment on Collision this past Saturday, where we finally got Tony Storm revealing that all along it was not amnesia. It was the performance of a lifetime. She was playing herself.
Speaker 2: Some people play with themselves, other people play themselves. She played herself and she played Mariah May and it got a great reaction when people realize what was going on. And she cut this impassioned promo on Mariah and threatened to cut her tits off. It's kind of extreme, but that's what she said. It's a great segment.
Speaker 1: And I know some people were upset, like why would they air this on Collision? But you know what I could see in both ways, because there is a concerned effort these last couple of weeks, clearly on Tony kN you know, his part, to make.
Speaker 2: Collision a more desirable show. I'm gonna run down the matches later for a Collision. There's like a whole lineup for Collision. There's one match announced for Dynamite next week. There's like six fucking things announced for Collision, which makes sense because it's sooner than next Wednesday, but usually it's a little more.
Speaker 1: Even so, there's clearly an effort on their part underway to make Collision more of a desirable show that people have to tune in to see now. Warner Brothers, Discovery wanted Dynamite, they wanted Collision. They said you could take Rampage and stick it up your ass, right. They didn't care for Rampage. That's why Rampage is gone. Tony Kahn has to find a way to make Collision a desirable show and destination for.
Speaker 2: People on Saturday nights.
Speaker 1: So how could Collision ever become must see if you don't take segments like that that are as close to mus see as anything going right now in AW And there's really nothing that's must see at the moment, but it's the closest thing and putting it on Collision, right, so I understand it. It is the kind of segment that you really want on your A show. I was hoping they would replay most of it here. They did give highlights. They didn't replay the entire thing, but they gave us enough highlights of it. So we go to Renee and she welcomes the AW Women's World champion Mariah May.
Speaker 2: To the stage.
Speaker 1: Tony Shravanni calls her a typical mean girl. Mariah says that it's great to be in Huntsville, but maybe they should change the first letter to a C. It's like Stone Cold saying that if you take if you put the letter S in front of Hitman, you've got my exact thoughts about Brett the hipman heart.
Speaker 2: You know what. I endorse the idea, and I hear by declare that.
Speaker 1: From now on we remove the H from Huntsville and we replace it with a C. Today's episode is sponsored by Betterhelp. We all heard about Cody Rhodes finishing his story in twenty twenty four, to the point where even I was sick of it and I was happy once it was finally over. But that was his story and that was last year. Have you thought about what you want your story to be in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: If not, what are you waiting for? Life isn't about New Year's resolutions that you're going to forget about before January is even over. It's about picking up that pen and becoming the author of your own story. And you can think of therapy as your co author, helping you write new chapters to craft the story that you deserve. You've heard me talk about this before, and I say it every time. The benefits of therapy are limitless. Whatever experiences that you've had in your life. You can be sure that there are other people out there that have gone through something similar or maybe going through something similar right now. You are not alone, but it can help teach you positive coping skills and how to set boundaries in your life, how to cope with trauma. I think there are people who think that that's all therapy is for. It's just to help people work through some sort of major trauma in their life. It certainly can, but that's far from the only thing it can help you with. It can help you become the best possible version of you. And who doesn't want that? Why do you think therapy exists in the first place. Because there's something in your life right now that you need help with, and it's a big first step to admit that. But once you do, it can be such a liberating feeling. If you're thinking of starting therapy, why not get better help a try. It's completely online, making therapy affordable and convenient. Where maybe you don't have.
Speaker 1: The financial resources to visit a therapist in person, or you think you don't have the time to fit it into your schedule, Now you can and you'll be joining the more than five million people worldwide that are being served by Better Help right now. You'll also have access to a network of more than thirty thousand credentialed therapists with a wide range of specialties, and you can easily switch therapist at any time at no extra cost. Write your story with Better Help. Visit Betterhelp dot com slash solo Monster today to get ten percent off your first month. That's Better Help h e lp dot com slash solo Monster. She said, We're not playing this game about you know, Tony Storm. Tony Storm, she says, is not real. She said, Tony wants to play the role of Tony Storm. Why doesn't she play the role of the woman.
Speaker 2: Who used her for her goal?
Speaker 1: Play the Tony Storm whose most memorable moment was bleeding and crying in my hands with the one who walked out of aw and Japan in Mexico because she couldn't touch Mariah. Play whatever version you want, the ending is still the same. When you're this good, you don't change a thing. She says that she is the woman from Hell and always will be something that she will remind Tonya for the rest of her life. Look now and never forget, for this is your AEW Women's World Champion and then she held up the title and that was it. So there was no Tony Storm appearance tonight. This was the follow up to that segment.
Speaker 2: From you know collision. Excuse me, but no Tony Storm on the show. I am looking forward to the match.
Speaker 1: So as far as Grand Slam in the card, yeah, the tag match with Omega and Osprey, the Women's world title match.
Speaker 2: They got some great matches, you know, lined up on that show. That's one of the ones I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 1: We got highlights of the Hurt Syndicate beating Private Party last week to win the AW World Tag Team titles. MVP says he recognized he was actually in this segment. He recognized Private Party for fighting hard, but wasn't their fault for running into a dominant tandem and lash Lee in Shelton Benjamin, who will hold the titles as long as they choose name the time, name the place.
Speaker 2: They're the Hurt Syndicate and they hurt people is what he said pretty straightforward to the here. Excuse me, Oh my goodness, I'm dying over here. I may I may collapse. I may collapse during this stream. Uh my god, my God, all right, I got some H two O in me. Let's get on with this review, shall we? Shall we? I'm still here.
Speaker 1: We go backstage to the Vendetta, a faction that has never appeared on this show before, but they actually put Tia, Valkyrie, and Deanna Parrazzo on the show tonight. In a backstage segment, Taia says that moments from now, they're gonna see Mercedes Monett defend her TBS title against Yuca, and Dianna said that it should have been her in this match, but Valkyrie said, Harley Cameron stuck her balloons where they don't belong, so now Harley belongs to the and on collision they are coming to collect I am gonna laugh.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna laugh if after all those reports about Deanna Parrazzo being very vocal with management behind the scenes, and good for her for standing up for herself being very vocal behind the scenes about wanting to be utilized better if they put her in the ring with Harley Cameron, and Harley Cameron, who has never won a match ever in aw gets her first win over Deanna Parrazzo. I'm gonna laugh, like, how can you not find that funny? We'll see.
Speaker 1: No match was announced, but they're gonna They're gonna do something with Harley on Collision. But they close the show.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 1: They closed the show with the Magical Girl, Yukasakazaki, who has not wrestled on Dynamite since Grand Slam on September twenty fifth, challenging Mercedes Monet for the TBS Championship. The fans were behind Yuka for this. Good for them. This had no business being the main event on this show. Absolutely not. Now, I guess there was nothing better to put in this spot, because I sure as hell didn't need to see Wheeler Yudah against Jay White in the main event, which they could have easily done. But this had no business being in the main event. Four months gone, four months gone. One match on Collision wins a four way in the main event on Dynamite.
Speaker 2: What are we doing here? What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Mercedes hit a shoulder tackle, did her CEO dance. Yuka kicked up, hit a shoulder block of her own, and then mocked the dance. Sakazaki blocked the baseball slide. Then she mocked Mercedes, who she hit with a spin kick on the apron. Sakazaki went to the top for a dive. Mercedes wisely bailed, and Uka tried the boot from the apron. Monette swept out the leg and then hit a diving meteora and took control of the match, which took us into the final commercial break. A shout out to Recinson, who's joining us?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Recon son.
Speaker 1: Uka countered a power bomb into a herd kanana, Mercedes missed the corner, metiora brainbuster and a sliding lariat by Yuca connected for an earfall. Mercedes responded by floating over a supplex into the Three Amigos. Mercedes took too much time though going up top got cut off with a step up forearm and a superplex. Sakazaki wanted the merry go round, but Monette spun out. Tried the monet maker, only for Sakazaki to land on her feet hit a thrust kick. Mercedes avoided a charge and then was able to utilize a head scissors into the corner that led to the backstabber, which then led to the statement maker. Sakazaki rolled int to a pin attenth for two and Mercedes was trapped in the corner of Sakazaki had a snap German and Mercedes landed hard. So then Yuka goes for the Magical Girl splash. Monet got the knees up and came a power bomb and the Monet maker to no reaction for the win, and so Mercedes retains the TBS Championship. No reaction for that for that mone Maker, but she is bound and determined to continue using this move.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand it, I really don't. But that was Dynamite. I thought they brought back Rampage tonight. I had a double check to make sure I was watching Dynamite and not Rampage. This was a dreadfully boring episode, even with some good matches. I'm not saying that there weren't any good matches on the show. The Jeff Jarrett match was no good, but pretty much all the other matches on the show were at least good. I wouldn't say anything was great, but they were good. But so what.
Speaker 1: We get good matches every single week on there show. We get good matches on the other show every single week. This was a dreadfully boring show, no other way.
Speaker 2: To say it.
Speaker 1: Now, Collision, I mentioned they announced a whole bunch of shit for Collision this week, and here's the lineup for Collision. On Saturday, FTR is gonna wrestle John Moxley and Wheeler Yuda in a mid South street fight. Daniel Garcia defends the TNT title against Kyle O'Reilly and Lee Moriarty. Chris Jerricho and Brian Keith take on the Outrunners. Ricochet will address Swerve, Strickland Hook and Samoa Joe will take on Nick Wayne and Kip Sabian. We're gonna hear from Timeless. Tony Storm and the Vendetta are looking to collect on Harley Cameron. What did you think of Dynamite for January twenty ninth, Well, it's not very good.
Speaker 2: Twenty one point.
Speaker 1: Five percent thumbs up, seventy eight point five percent thumbs down. Like I said, a dreadfully boring show. Now, the Twitter poll is not kind a lot of the time to Dynamite.
Speaker 2: But it's not this bad, So you know, you know it was a bad episode for it to be that bad, because that's pretty bad. That is pretty bad. Here we go, Look at that guy, Look at that. That looks a lot better. All right, let's take a look at your superchats.
Speaker 1: I thank you guys for the support tonight, Let's put a smile on my face. Backtrack here and go to the early ones and see what you guys are talking about, any questions you may have, and what you thought of Dynamite Tonight. Fire Panda was first in with a forty eight dollars super chat. How many Hondi bombs does the chat need to send for the Solomonster to get an OnlyFans Solomonster socks off. Well, I mean that's gonna be an awful lot of super chats. You'll you'll never meet that goal, so it's not gonna happen. Oh Man Trill Mexican. Thanks for back to Love. He loves that song, he said, I gotta play it for him. I gotta play it for my boy.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dark Effect, thank you for the nineteen ninety two Let me see if me hold on a set, let me make sure. Oh there we go, all right, so they are there? Hey, Phil Dogg, thank you for twenty five months of channel membership. There's Dark Effect. Dark Effect, thank you for the nineteen ninety two. Kurt Angel, I'm gonna we're gonna stick with that.
Speaker 1: Kurt Angel said that John Cena is WWE's goat because he's held their championship more times than anyone else. I do not share this opinion, But in your eyes, who is and what qualifies someone as the best? What qualifies someone as the best is whatever you think qualifies them as the best. It is completely subjective. There is no set criteria. Just like their Hall of Fame, there is no set written criteria for what is the best.
Speaker 2: You may say that I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's say you think Randy Savage is the greatest of all time. I may say that Bret Hart is the greatest of all time, or Kurt Angle is the greatest of all That's subjective. It's subjective. But what goes into it? Is it the best matches? Is it the most number of championships? To be honest with you, I'm far more impressed with a Roman Reigns holding a championship for three and a half years than I am John Cena winning a title sixteen times. And I've gotten that question occasionally and I've always answered it that way, like would you find it more impressive to hold a champion ship once for a very long time or hold that championship many times? And I always say to hold that championship once for a very long time. To me, that's more impressive. But again, the criteria is whatever you want that criteria to be. Mister Rod says, first off, get well soon, solo. Thank you brother that said. It's a good thing. I didn't go to the show because this show was mid.
Speaker 2: No, this was not mid, this was below mid.
Speaker 1: Dev to Dust, I feel solemn monster, like the Little Brother New York teams like I think, he says, likes the Little Brother New York teams like the Mets, the Jets, and the Islanders.
Speaker 2: I don't watch hockey.
Speaker 1: I could give two shits about the Islanders. Why every guy in the eighties had the Tom Selleck mustache because.
Speaker 2: It was cool.
Speaker 1: It was cool, and apparently that's what the ladies wanted. That's why they love tom Selik and that's why they love Big Scott Hall, who looked a lot like Tom Selick with that mustache.
Speaker 2: Oz and Glorious forty four months.
Speaker 1: Forty four months of channel membership and it's colden shivering, he says, acknowledge me. You have been hereby acknowledged, Thank you, Oz and Glorious, but.
Speaker 2: Got justin gee. Thank you folks, this is your Dynamite review. I'm what's left of the soln Monster. Feel better soon. I'm hanging on, brother, I'm hanging on by a thread, but I'm here, Oz and glorious.
Speaker 1: Congrats on eighty three k, even though you're starting to sound like eighty three weeks.
Speaker 2: My dude, get feeling better solo. You are my tribal chief.
Speaker 1: Well, that is the greatest insult that you have ever paid me, comparing me to Eric Bischoff. Don't ever do that. Eric Bischoff goes which every way the wind blows. I go the correct way, which is the honest way, which is how I feel. And certainly tonight this show is no good. And by the way, we're almost in eighty four thousand, so thank you to everybody who has gotten us to eighty four thousand, and before long it'll be eighty five. So it's gonna be great. Robbie and friends.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen a worse Twitter poll since twenty nineteen to twenty twenty one. Raw, it's pretty bad. It's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Cool, bro, Do you find skeleton jokes to be humorous, because, to be honest with you, I find them to be quite the rib ticklers. Brother, you you fucked it up. You fucked up the punchline. The punchline should have been. To be honest with you, I find them quite humorous. It was a layup, cool bro.
Speaker 2: I'm very disappointed.
Speaker 1: Joseph Stewart was macho man Randy Savage against Brett Hart the original plan for WrestleMania nine. No, I've never heard that, not one time. Bass Beers, thank you for the pair of super chats. MGM Ballin says as I typed this, My birthday is in fifty seven minutes, and you gave me an early gift on Saturday with a high five as you were walking to the back during intermission.
Speaker 2: Ohe next time I chat.
Speaker 1: With both Titans, Yeah, definitely say hello next time. I was being pulled in every direction on Saturday. I got to meet a lot of people at the Hog Show. But sometimes, man, there just isn't enough time, especially during intermission. But I'm glad we got to see each other briefly at least, so hopefully we'll see you at the next show. We got bass Beers with an other two dollars super checks, tuxedo t Servo with a twelve making a six sola monster watch a boring episode of Dynamite.
Speaker 2: Shame aw shame. Feel better soon, Solo.
Speaker 1: You know, I hope I feel better for the Rumble That's gonna suck if I'm not any better. I mean, it's been a couple of days, but it really really hit me today, So usually that's a few days.
Speaker 2: So I got my fingers crossed. But man, I'm gonna be pissed.
Speaker 1: Gonna be pissed if I have to feel like this for the Rumble men, and that sucks. Jeremy Rose, this show came to my town on my birthday tonight, and I had no interest to go because these shows have been ass at least the Royal Rumble Is this week, well, no argument there. We got CNM thirty four forty three. Dynamite felt boring and inconsequential. Something needs to change. Finding myself less interested every week that goes by. Hope that changes. I hope that changes too. I hope that changes too. Devin from New Jersey did Solo see Maven as a world champion? I think he had potential to be a lot bigger than he was world champion.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't go that far.
Speaker 1: I didn't see enough of him in the ring to justify calling him a future world champion, but I think there was a certain appeal there with him that he could have been a big star. Absolutely, I just don't know about world champion Dark Effect.
Speaker 2: Showing your respects sir for getting on here when you feel like crap. Give us a quality Dynamite review. You are the man.
Speaker 1: Your rational, grounded opinions are the best on the interweb. I'm glad someone thinks so. You should see the comments. You'll see the comments I get tonight. You're a hater. Hating for the sake of hating warms my soul. Leopoldo says, uh, what does that say?
Speaker 2: You? Oh? You at fifty percent is better than AEW at one hundred right now? Feel better, Solo.
Speaker 1: Now, the problem is we haven't had AW at one hundred. If we had AW at one hundred, it would be great, but we don't, so it's not.
Speaker 2: But thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the comment David theorying with that one hundred and fifty dollars bomb. Wow, brother, Solo, I see and hear that you are under the weather after a four hour.
Speaker 2: TNT last night.
Speaker 1: You would think that an episode of Dynamite would cheer you up and make you feel better psych yet better soon my friend, hopefully our favorite Joe Hendry super Chad.
Speaker 2: Heelps, it did it did, Thank you very much. I don't even know what to take, like we can get a cold right, what do you do? Takes some pseuda fed and shit, it doesn't do anything. Nothing works. I don't even know what to buy, and everything's locked up behind the fucking glass cabinet.
Speaker 1: They have fucking toothpaste behind there. Now I have to ring a bell and then nobody comes.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: With my germ infested hands, I have to touch this button and wait for somebody to come over and open the things so I can get what I need.
Speaker 2: Is this is what we've come to these last few years. It's terrible.
Speaker 1: H we got feasts with a five dollars super Chat says. Even watching on fast forward, I still notice the ten minutes of nothing between the Mariah segment and the Dianna segment, just recap and hype videos. Well, I mean to be fair, we get a lot of fluff and bullshit on WWE shows as well.
Speaker 2: You can have a pl e and in between matches you could legitimately go twenty five to thirty minutes without a match.
Speaker 1: That's inexcusable. Inexcusable. I don't care how great the matches are, you should not have that much downtime between matches.
Speaker 2: So that's not just an aw problem. Verbal Souls, Old bug Eyes needs to be needs to be sent over the edge and retire for what that promo did to Ricky Stars.
Speaker 1: Thank you, verbal souls. You know what, Boots, I think you're right. I'm gonna I think. I think the real American beer is what got me sick. I had that fucking beer last week, and then he brought more of it, and I had another real American beer at the Hawk show before the show on Saturday, and I'll bet you that fucking beer got me set.
Speaker 2: Another reason not to drink that crap beat fried chicken with flavor.
Speaker 1: I have a great idea bron Breaker retires with both brock Lesner and Goldberg, one at WrestleMania and the other at SummerSlam.
Speaker 2: Well that's not happening.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's ever going to be one person who retires brock leg if he comes back. I don't think brock Lesnar will ever be retired by one person. Reacinsne with thirty eight months of channel membership. Was at Collision on Saturday, and man, what a night. Shook Jr's hand, met over fifteen wrestlers, chatted with Dante, Jerry Lynn, and Brody King. Best part was Turbo Floyd giving me his headband after the show. Well, that's awesome. That's awesome. Meeting the wrestlers is always cool. Man Like, they got a lot of great people who worked there. So I wish I had, you know, nicer things to say about shows like this, but it's not really a reflection on the talent. When you go to these shows and you get that like personal experience, they always have a great time.
Speaker 2: So that's awesome. Yeah, Reekinson is the one.
Speaker 1: He had the solo Monster Baybay sign when they were a Daily's Place once, like right there on camera because they were a Daily's Place again on Saturday for Collision, So that's very cool. Honey, deep fried Chicken with flavor says I would love to give Harley Cameron a nice hug. Well after that series of tweets that OSCA put out today, you know what, let's all keep our hugs to ourselves, Okay, because whatever she's going through right now, does not sound like fun. And unfortunately, there are a lot of freak fans out there doing a lot of freaky shit that they shouldn't be doing. And it sucks that apparently she's had a horrible fan experience and feels.
Speaker 2: Unsafe, is what she said.
Speaker 1: So retro koh, thank you for the super chat, Libido Bell. What's Jordan's Salamander doing in the Impact Zone?
Speaker 2: Not gonna be my new name? My papa?
Speaker 1: Who am I replacing? Am I replacing Tom Phillips? He does a great job. He does a better job than I would. There's no need for me to be in the unless I'm gonna manage somebody I can manage. Who am I going to manage?
Speaker 2: Who would you like me to manage in the Impact Zone? Kiddo? Hudson says, tomorrow is my birthday?
Speaker 1: Can I get an HBK theme song rendition from you? Well, kiddo, I can't do that because I I just can't do it. I physically can't do it right now. But what I will do is I will wish you a great happy birthday, and I hope that you get everything you're looking for this year.
Speaker 2: I hope you get some good gifts not just the gift of a Solomonster review.
Speaker 1: But that's the best I can do. Is I'm just about tapped out. Honey de fried chicken with flavor. AW right now is like watching the New York Giants or the Jets. Cool bro, I made a belt out of herbs. What a waste of time?
Speaker 2: Okay, see that's better thy E A waste of time? I like that one. I should manage Mike Santana. Santana doesn't need me, though I would love to. Hey, look anything I could do to.
Speaker 1: Help elevate Mike Santana. I don't think he needs my help. I think he's doing well on his own. Alex says brother solo. If you can give twenty nineteen Tony Kahan one advice regarding Aw's future, what would it be, do not give EVP powers to any of the wrestlers. I just think that was a very bad idea from the go. They can help out here and there where they want to contribute, but having active talent as executives in the company is a horrible idea.
Speaker 2: So that's one piece of advice. We'll be here all night, though, if we try to come up with more retro Koh what do you say to a bee that likes sushi? Was sabi.
Speaker 1: Kiddo, Hudson, I love you solo, thank you kiddo, Right back at you, George segment, what did the baby corn say to the mama corn?
Speaker 2: Where's popcorn? Oh? That popped me? Oh shit, look at that.
Speaker 1: I just I didn't I didn't even mean to do that, and I just played off his joke.
Speaker 2: But that popped me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, George, Barry m K. Have you seen the tweets Oscar made today?
Speaker 2: She feels in danger from say, I just I literally just talked about it verbal souls a bunch of mox leads. I knew it.
Speaker 1: They're gonna go to the mall wearing TapouT shirts harassing people because they took one class of jiu jitsu. Leopol by the way, I just took a look at the like skull. Looks like we're not getting any beat the booker tonight at this rate. So hit those likes up. Leopauldo says, what the hell was up with Ricoshit almost doing the people's elbow.
Speaker 2: I have no idea, dude, I was wondering the same thing. I don't know. I don't have a good answer for you.
Speaker 1: Todd Warner celebrating twenty five months of channel membership.
Speaker 2: Feel Better Solo. I'm a yellow skull now, congratulations. We got some green skulls in the chat. We got some yellow skulls.
Speaker 1: You got red and blue pop up every now and then, so I love seeing those colored skulls. David theiring with that forty dollars. Guldberg hit that like button. Otherwise Guldberg will come visit you in your sleep. Everyone is different. But what helps me with colds is plenty of water, vitamin C and if you can rest, well, that's not happening. I'll tell you a little funny story here. So I had to bring my laptop back in. I told you guys a few weeks ago. I paid like five hundred bucks to get the keyboard fixed. It's like a special part that had to be ordered. So it was like a whole thing.
Speaker 2: And I was going to get a new battery and put some new thermal paste on there because it gets very hot. All that stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm like me, give me the works. Okay, this is my work machine here, so give me everything you got. So we got that taken care of. I get a phone call, I got a phone call yesterday actually from the person at the shop. They thought they replaced the battery, but they didn't like the battery came in. But I guess the work on the keyboard took so long.
Speaker 2: It was. It was just so much longer than they thought.
Speaker 1: By the time they were done, they called me and said everything's ready, and I didn't think anything up it.
Speaker 2: I said, Okay, I guess I got a new battery in there.
Speaker 1: I still had the old battery and the new battery was still sitting in a box that I paid for at their shop. I'm like, holy shit, it's been over a week. So I'm like, okay, whatever, I'll I'll bring it in tomorrow, right because now I get sick. So I had to pack this whole thing up and I brought it in and he's like, oh, just be a few hours, right, like three hours.
Speaker 2: We got another job.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no problem. I go home and I'm like, you know what, I don't have my computer. I feel like, shit, I'm gonna do something I never do. I'm gonna take a nap. I'll set an alarm for like, if I can get two hours, that would be amazing, right, because I couldn't sleep the other night, set my alarm, I laid down. I'm tossing and turning. I finally, I finally start to fall asleep, and the fucking guy calls me, all your computer's ready.
Speaker 2: Woke me right up.
Speaker 1: It's the son of a bitch up back in the car, went to the shop, got the computer, came home.
Speaker 2: So much for that nap.
Speaker 1: Even if I try to take one, it just doesn't work out for me. So unfortunately, I don't think that's gonna happen. Oz Inglorious with the five says. I was here when you somehow deliriously streamed sick as a dog with the Rona. Also when you had the pandemic hair. Stop drinking racist beer, solo, I will. I'm not drinking that shit no more. I don't know what kind of elixir that is. But don't remind me about the the COVID hair.
Speaker 2: Please. We don't need to go back to that. We could leave that in the past.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Rose, So are you telling me not to celebrate my birthday tonight with great American beer? Well, look, if you want to end up just completely ship faced and sick, go write at it. If you can find it. It's not sold in every state. It's not sold in New York. George Seckman, how do you organize a space party, you planet.
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you you're You're given Cindrow a run for his money and RDS Harry the Death Riders is like what would happen if you paired The Aces and Eights and Retribution together?
Speaker 2: They were both terrible. God bless you, brother. At least the Aces and A's had cool theme music.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing I've always said about The Aces and Eights. I like their music. I thought their music was pretty badass. Groovy Goose, what do you call corn that grows in three days?
Speaker 2: Woodstock? Yeah, I don't know about that one. Liam Paul, Though.
Speaker 1: It says David Theory is cheering us and Solo up tonight with Goulber, he is, but David always cheers us up whenever he's here. Honey, deep fried Chicken tonight. We should give Tony Kahn some candy, cookies, cakes, pie, and lots of desserts.
Speaker 2: For a bad Dynamite show. I don't think he deserves any of that. Groovy Goose is the thought that counts. Don't despair. It's the thought that counts.
Speaker 1: We are two likes away from our regular goal, and there it is. We're four oh one, so you guys are getting two rounds. Be the booker tonight before I pass out here, So let's not waste any more time and get right to it.
Speaker 2: It's time to be the booker.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, It is now time to be the booker.
Speaker 1: So here's round number one. We begin with Billy and Bart. The smoking Guns are kicking us off here in be the booker. Cool broah, cool bro. So I pause them so it'll pop up after. But he says, I asked if you I asked if you thought skeleton jokes are humorous. To me, they're rib ticklers. I didn't mess up the joke. I accidentally took Kat's medicine. Don't ask me how. I'm just gonna move on here and pick another team. That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Oh good lord, are you fucking kidding me with this?
Speaker 1: This is this is straight out of nineteen ninety five. Hell The Smoking Guns against well done Timothy Well and Stephen Dunn. See because they're well done, managed by Harvey Whippleton. Awful, awful, Women's be the booker. Oh, this is gonna get people talking about Saturday. Aj Lee is here with us tonight, in be the booker. Will she be there at the Royal Rumble. I'm gonna say no, but you never know. Anything's possible. It's gonna be aj Lee against Kanna. This was Osca before she was Osca. You had Kanna. Connah was not to be messed with. The thing is like Conna would absolutely destroy aj Lee like she would. She would rip her in half and swallow her and spit her back up. So it's not going to be very competitive at all. I'd still love to see it, though, the murder clown. That's right, all right, men's be the booker.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: We begin with Sting, who doesn't look too good here in this image. Sting is in rough shape here as you see the blood trickling from his mouth. But Sting in the main event just feels right. But it takes two to tango Sting and who. Sting against rowdy Roddy Piper a fine main event anywhere in the country. I would pay good money to see Sting against rowdy roddy Piper. Since you guys hit the goal tonight, it's not a clean sweep, but we do have one more round to go now, because you guys hit the.
Speaker 2: The superchag goal.
Speaker 1: So what we're gonna do is we're gonna pick stipulations. Since we didn't do that the first time, we'll do STIPs here for the second round.
Speaker 2: How about that? I like that idea, all right.
Speaker 1: So the stipulation is going to be tag team casket match. So I guess you have to roll both members of one team into the same casket. I guess it's got to be double wide, double wide, double deep.
Speaker 2: Tag.
Speaker 1: Has there ever been a tag team casket match? I don't think I've ever seen one. Well, it's not it's not lod ignore that. Let's take it for a spin, all right, tag team casket match. Sting and Lex Luger making their first appearance and be the Booker As a tag team. They were actually a really good team in WCW there for a while. I had a great match with the Steiner brothers at the first super Brawl. That's a great.
Speaker 2: Team, Sting and Luger in a casket match against the Butcher and the Blade. You know what, I'm intrigued.
Speaker 1: I'm intrigued at the thought of Sting and Lex Luger in a tag team casket match. And that's enough for me to put it over the top. That's why I gave it the bell. All Right, the ladies, let's pick a stipulation here. Use the Yoko zunakoff and that's that's right. Yeah, the Yoko Zuda coffin is very deep.
Speaker 2: You could just use that one. All right, what stipulation will we have for the ladies match? It's going Oh god, it's going to be it's going to be an inferno match.
Speaker 1: Oh no, this is not the stipulation for the ladies. I don't like this. I don't like this. This is not gonna end. Well, this is not gonna end well.
Speaker 2: Oh good, I told you it's not gonna end. Well, what did I just say? I said it's not going to end well, and we land on. So I just hit the mic and we land on.
Speaker 1: May Young is going to be in an inferno match. Actually, you know what, May Young may be the toughest woman out of all the women and be the booker. I think May Young would apply if you went to May Young in nineteen ninety nine, if Bruce Pritchard walked up to May Young in the back and said, hey, may we have an idea where you want you to be in an Inferno match. You know for a fact that May Young is like, let's do it right. She's not shying away from this.
Speaker 4: Ain't no way still taking bumps May Young in an Inferno match.
Speaker 2: Against Tony Storm.
Speaker 1: I thought for sure this was getting a buzzer when I first saw that stipulation. I thought for sure this was a buzz But I gotta give that the bell. It's too bad though it wasn't timeless Tony Storm. See that would have made it so much better. Instead of getting Wendy Richter, timeless Tony Storm has to contend with May Young.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. All right.
Speaker 1: We got two bells so far and one main event left the book. Here we go, a five star match, says fire Pin.
Speaker 2: Watch. Matt Meltzer will give it two and three quarters. Buried alive. That's the stipulation for our main event here in round number two, buried a live match.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. I actually like buried Alive. It's like my guilty pleasure stipulation. It's never a technical masterpiece, but I just I always liked that stipulation.
Speaker 2: For some reason.
Speaker 1: Matt Riddle, who now showed an indie event that he was booked for and advertised on the other day with seemingly no good excuse, which is not good.
Speaker 2: You better not know show our main event here. Well, there's going to be problems. I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 1: Matt Riddle in a buried alive match against Brody King. That would be a good match. That would be a good match. So I have to give that the bell. We got our clean sweep everybody. I didn't think it was gonna happen, but it did. All right, let's get to your super chats here because we got a bunch more here to go through before we get on out of here. Cool Bro, I read Cool Bros. David, thank you for the eighty and cool Bro, thank you for the fort ninety nine BCM. See clearly she's timeless, timeless, timeless.
Speaker 2: Tony Storm Kiddo Hudson, thanks David for that HBK song. There you go. And Stephen Chappa channel member for forty five months. Wow, I think he has topped Oz and Glorious Oz is forty four, Stephen is forty five joining super late did solo mention that Hangman was looking for Swerve backstage for running into Renee. Interesting, of course I did.
Speaker 1: Look who you're talking to here, you know, I'm gonna mention that it was one of the more intriguing parts of the entire show.
Speaker 2: What's that leading to anyway?
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for cheering me up a little bit. I feel like my head is going to explode. I hope I can get some sleep tonight. But you put a smile on my face, something this Dynamite Show unfortunately did not do.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: The situation is going to be. As far as SmackDown on Friday, I'll be here. I don't know how I'll feel, but I'll be here and I will definitely be here for the Royal Rumble this weekend. So hopefully I will see you guys Friday night Saturday night. Of course, you got episode eight ninety nine of the podcast coming up on Sunday, A lot of content coming your way. Sick or not, man, the work never ends. I'll see you back here live for the SmackDown recap Friday night.
Speaker 2: Until then, take care, guys,