Speaker 1: Greetings listeners. Every Thursday, we release a bonus episode on our members only podcast, Beyond, Bigfoot and Beyond. We've been releasing these episodes on a weekly basis since October of twenty twenty two, so there's plenty of backlog episodes to catch up on. We wanted to give you a bit of a preview of the episode that's being released today. If you like what you hear, you can click the link in the show notes and become a member for only five dollars a month. Discounted memberships are available on an annual basis. Thanks for listening and enjoy this preview.
Speaker 2: I talked to this veteran one time from the Vietnam War, and I'll tell you exactly where I was in Low's. I think I was in the tool section and I get a call from this guy. He had sent me a real brief email and I could never get a hold of them, and he had mentioned Vietnam and the rock apes, which I've always been fascinated with, and so I sent him my number just because he would never pick up his phone. And so he calls me and I begged this guy to come on the air. I mean, I rarely ever, I could probably count on one hand how many times I've begged someone to come on the air.
Speaker 3: This guy was probably the top of the list.
Speaker 2: But he was this veteran, and he was an older guy, and he said, you know, he goes, my nephew told me to listen to your show.
Speaker 3: And he goes, I think i've seen one of those.
Speaker 2: Sasquatches that you guys talk about, or I've seen those sasquatches that you guys talk about, and he goes, When I was in Vietnam, we would run into them all the time. And he would say, you know, in Vietnam, there's gibbons, there's snubnosed monkeys, there's He goes, we were aware of the primates in Vietnam. He goes, generally they're not that big anyway, but he goes, these things were very, very different. And not only were the US troops terrified of these sayings, the Vietcong was terrified of these things. And he said many times they had run into them thinking that it was the enemy force when it happened to be these things. And he goes, but you know, I don't know if they're actual sasquatches or not. And I said, why is that. And he goes, because they weren't that big. He goes, I'm talking four to six feet tall.
Speaker 3: He goes. They were wide, and they.
Speaker 2: Were stocky, and he goes generally, he goes, most of them kind of had a reddish brown color to them.
Speaker 3: There was a few black ones.
Speaker 2: One time they were out on patrol and they came across four of them. And this is after many encounters with these things, to look at them, like in the actual face, they kind.
Speaker 3: Of look human. He goes, it's really weird.
Speaker 2: It's not you know, your snubnosed monkey and some of the other macacus and their primeates we've run into, I wouldn't say they looked human in the face. He goes, These rock apes looked kind of human in the face. He said they had teeth like humans. And I asked him if they had fangs, and he said no, he'd never seen any of them with fangs.
Speaker 3: He said they all had square teeth, square white teeth.
Speaker 2: But they had come across four of them one time while they were on a patrol, and he said it was two males and two females, and the males just went nuts. They were screaming at them. They were, and he goes, all the soldiers are in shock, were like do we shoot these things?
Speaker 3: Do we you know?
Speaker 2: It was like that moment of shock of like okay, what is this. But he said they would come into their camp early in the morning throw rocks at them. One time one came into camp and it was screaming at them and shaking, shaking its fist. He said that they they talk. He goes, I'm telling you, they talk, not lie. An animal talks. He goes, it's some weird he goes, it sounds like an like an Asian language. Now he'd never heard of he didn't know Ron moorehead was, he'd never heard of the samurai Chad. He didn't know any of that stuff. He goes, but it's almost kind of like an Asian tone to it. And he goes a chatter back and forth, and they have real short tempers and there was a lot of He knew if two soldiers that actually one had to be metavacked out of there, but two soldiers that were actually hitting the head with rocks from these things. And he goes, I don't know how these things have the aim that they have, but they would throw rocks at us. From pretty far away at a distance, and they would nail us with these rocks. And two soldiers he knew one had actually had been knocked out, totally cut, sliced open his head, huge rock hit him in the head. But he said they were They acted very human like in their behavior, almost like you know someone in your yard or someone setting up shop on your property, how you would react to it. He goes, that's how they kind of reacted, but he went into a lot of different details, and he goes, they have no problems with the confrontation.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to this preview. If you like what you heard and you want to become a member, who'll get access to all of the previously released episodes and all future episodes for just five dollars a month, click the link in the episode description below to become a member. Thanks for listening, and as always, keep it Squatchy.