Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kas Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Welcome in to Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying your Monday afternoon. You're a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers nine to two on the season. After dropping two of three over the weekend in Philadelphia, the Dodgers continue their East Rose road trip in Washington, d C. For the start of a three game series against the Nationals. Dustin May on the mount of the series opener, first pitch coming up at three forty five. Coming up over the next hour plus here on Morono Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from the Dodger manager himself, Dave Roberts on what is been a busy day for the boys in Blue, going to the White House today to be honored for their twenty twenty four World Series championship, and now in our nation's capital starting a three game series against the Nationals. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup David Vasegos one on one with Michael Conforto. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. We've also got your price picks. Double play of the day. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsen Watson live on the field at Nationals Park. In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the gallopin Motors Broadcast Booth with Tim Nefertt and Rick Monday. Well, the Dodgers split the first two games in Philadelphia, So yesterday the rubber game of the three game series at Citizens Bank Park, the Dodgers taken on the fight and fills and the Dodgers got off to a great start, so.
Speaker 3: Changing the pitching plan for the Dodgers. It is ty Oscar. It's said in the air to right and deep. It's carrying back toward the wall.
Speaker 4: It's gone.
Speaker 1: It's a home run.
Speaker 3: Taioscar Hernandez with a two out, two run homer, and the Dodgers jump on top two nothing all right, just enough backspin on it.
Speaker 2: It carried out over the right field wall.
Speaker 3: Casianos when he was going back, thought he had a bid to get to it, but it just kept on carrying over his head and Taioscar Hernandez has his third home run of the season.
Speaker 2: Ta Oscar a two run home run at the top of the first Just like that. Rogers add a two to nothing lead, but in the bottom of the third inning, things fell off for Tyler Glasnow, who walked the first three batters. He faced a blop single from Bryce Harper brought in a run, then he walked the bases loaded again. He would lead with nobody out in the third. The rain was bothering him mentally. He could not get over the conditions on the mound. Turned it over to Alex Vesia, who gave up a grand slam on the first pitch he threw to Nick Castianos. A six run third inning by the Phillies. They were up six to two, but the Dodgers chipped away. Ta Oscar a solo home run in the fourth made it six to three. Taoscar Hernandez an RBI double in the fifth made it six to four. Tay Oscar doing everything. In the seventh, somebody besides ta Oscar. It was Mookie Betts with an RBI double made it six to five, and then ta Oscar again with a sack fly tied six to six, and still the Dodgers weren't done. Up came Will Smith.
Speaker 3: Dodgers went up two nothing, went down six to two. Castianos for the third inning grands lamb and this one has hit high in the air to right field in deep Castiano's drifting back.
Speaker 1: He's at the wall and is off the wall. Bets will score.
Speaker 3: Dodgers will take the lead on a two out run scoring double for Will Smith. It is seven to six Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Will Smith giving the Dodgers a lead. They come all the way back from at six to deficit a three run seventh innian off the Phillies bullpen. Dodgers up seven to six going to the bottom of the seventh with Blake trinon on the mound. It started off with a misplay in center field from Andy Pajaz, a double for Bryce Harper, Then'll walk two batters later, RBI single a fielder's choice. Just like that, a seven to six Dodgers lead turned into an eight seven Phillies lead, and the Dodgers they'd go quietly in the eighth and ninth inning as the Phillies beat the Dodgers yesterday eight to seven. Blake trining against the loss. Taascar Hernandez three for three, a sackfly, an RBI double, two home runs five, but it wasn't enough. Dodgers dropped two of three in Philadelphia. They fall the nine and two on the year, and after visiting the White House today, they hope to come back with a win tonight at Nationals Parking. With more We head out to the Gallpit Motors Broadcast booth and say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Overcast guys here in our nation's capital, temperatures are going to dip into the upper forties around game time. Are expecting a chili one here tonight in Washington, the first of three with the Nationals. The Dodgers have won eleven of the last thirteen against Washington, including four straight nine and two of the record for the Dodgers. The Nationals six and three, and they come off two straight wins by one run over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Dustin May gets the start for the Dodgers tonight. The right hand or No Decisions, hasn't given up an earn run this year. He'll face a former first round pick, Mackenzie Gore. Gore is zero to one. We left you with a two forty five earned run average all The Dodgers coming off their first series loss of the season, a hard fought series against Philadelphia, losing two out of three. Yesterday's game was certainly winnable at certain points, but it just goes to show you that in the game of baseball, one thing here, maybe another thing there can cost you a ball game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the Dodgers need to tighten things up. They did not play particularly well during the entire series, and I think series that's what ball clubs want to do. Go into a town, win the series. It'd be nice to be able to sweep. But if you win the series and you do it time after time after time, you're going to wind up on top of your division and go to postseason play. If you look at history of baseball, so the Dodgers start today percentage points behind the San Francisco Giants, so they're both in first place, and the Padres are hanging in. They're just a game or half a game out behind them. And for the Nationals, as you mentioned, they took that series against Arizona, they're trying to make a move. There are four games behind the Phillies in the Eastern Division. And if you look at the Nationals, you know they feel pretty good about a young ball club that has got some talent. They just have not been able to put it together consistently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ball club. Couple of veterans though, and interesting to see Josh Bell back in their line. He has had quite a journey going from team to team to team and then back here in DC. The switch hitter. He's only hitting one thirty three though, but he's a power bat that certainly the Nationals are hoping that we'll have a turnaround season and a guy they're counting on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think the Dodgers with that question, they'll be trying to get into the bullpen. Of the Nationals. You start to look at their bullpen, they've got a twenty two earned runs overall, so they're era out of the pen as they're coming in tonight almost six and a half runs. However, they have been better in the last seven games, so if you can get the bullpen, you got a pretty good chance. I think that's the success that most teams have anyway, if you can get to a bullpen early, better chance.
Speaker 3: Looking at Sho hal TONI will somebody in this series is going to pay. It's just it's a matter of numbers. Right now. He's not gone hitless in three straight games. He's over his last two games he's won for his last eleven, had only one hit in the Philadelphia series, struck out five times over the last three games, but he hasn't gone hitless in three straight games since last July twenty eight through the thirty first. It doesn't happen very often, and you gotta figure, Oh, Towney's going to come out of it here in DC.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about it last night actually on the train from Philadelphia here to Renation's Capital. I just in reflecting back on some of the advats that he had. I'm not certain he was picking the ball up out of the pitcher's hand as quickly or as well as he would like to have. And I say that because we don't see him late with a lot of swings, and they were moving the ball in on his hands, and he appeared to be late on more percentage of pitches than what I recall recently.
Speaker 3: Oh, expecting otwne to have a good night. He's leading off once again. He'll do that against McKenzie gore, who is zero to one. Dustin made no decisions. That's the pitching matchup. As we get you ready for Game one of this three game series in DC, Jim all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys as we count you down to first pitch on this Monday, Dodger fans get that game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza chick in Mojos right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vese, who is at sixteen hundred Pennsylvania Avenue earlier today. We'll dive deeper to this pitching match up up next, So you're Otani Rewine and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field in Nationals Park. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Nationals first pitch three forty five. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorono Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Nationals on this Monday, starting a three game set. Dustin May McKenzie gore the pitching matchup of the series opener. First pitch set for three forty five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhy.
Speaker 2: Well and quiet afternoon yesterday for show Hey Otani. It was all tay Oscar Hernandez, who drove in five of the Dodgers seven runs. The Dodgers Zoo come up short in Philadelphia eight to seven.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Heany kir So now joins. Is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids Now, friendly agent standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K donate your car today. Today a big day for the Dodgers. They were honored at sixteen hundred Pennsylvania Avenue at the White House.
Speaker 6: They sure were like, this is something that all of the teams that win championships they get to go to the White House to celebrate that season the success that they've had, and so today the Dodgers had to do just that, and they said it was a really special one. The last time they went in twenty twenty one, celebrating the twenty twenty season with President Biden, things were just a little bit different. Due to the Stilton COVID protocols out were in place. So today there were a lot of people at the press conference and at the meeting with President Trump, and it was a really special just Clayton Kersha had a really beautiful teach recognized with the twenty twenty fourteen the selflessness of that group and how they went out there and competed together and competed through injuries and different adversity. So he really broke down just kind of what it was like witnessing the twenty twenty four playoff run the World Series win from his perspective, and I thought that was really beautiful. And then they actually had to go into the Oval office, which is awesome. If you like watch all the different TV shows, Scandal things like that, it's pretty amazing to get to go into the Ohole office.
Speaker 2: I must say, Yeah, that is very cool. And they got to get ready and they had game tonight, the start of a three game series against the Washington Nationals. The lineup a little different with Mackenzie Gore the left hander out there, so no Andy Pa has in.
Speaker 6: The line of though yep, no Andy Pa has, So they've got Chris Taylor and left field, Tommy, I've been playing in center and Dave Roberts, when he was asked, is kind of why know Andy out there? He said he just wanted to give him a breather today, a day to have a mental and physical reset.
Speaker 1: Andy.
Speaker 6: It's been a tough start to the season for him, whether yes, we got the hit and yesterday's game, but just offensively things have been a little bit of a struggle. We've seen a few whether it's space running, defensive mid that, so giving him the day to just watch some baseball, to watch his teammates out there. Dave Roberts said that he expects Andy t back out there in center fields tomorrow, but just hoping that the young player, and you don't want these things to build up over time kind of mess with your confidence things like that. It's clear that after the game yesterday Andy was frustrated and was showing just kind of looking dejected here on the bench after the loss, and so allowing him some time just to have a mental reset to be ready to go tomorrow tonight.
Speaker 2: Dustin May on the Mount a little code read on the road.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he's coming off of just his return to the big league mount and his laugh outings the start of the season, and he told us after the game that it just was a huge release, just like a weight lifted off of his shoulder. To finally be back out there. He felt really good. He's loved seeing how his stuff played just back at this level. So he's been in a really good spot that coaches and have been speaking so highly of him. And yes, he's got the big bloss these big stuff, but the movement he has in the ball, that command he has right now, that's what's been most impressive. So the hope is that he can continue that tonight because he has been off to a fantastic start and they're hoping to see him keep that going.
Speaker 2: Well, let's hope the Dodgers can get back on the winning track tonight there in our nation's capitol. Kearsta, we appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Michael CONFORDO. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts as he leads up to Dodgers and Nationals first bitch at three forty five. I'm Tim kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Audio notework.
Speaker 1: This is Waurngo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Maronggo Casino. Dodgers on deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Nationals Maronggo Casino Resort and spat a grand slam for good times. Dustin May on the mount first pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 1: Five, He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake Snell on the injured lift went there yesterday with the left shoulder soreness. He had an MRI that showed the soreness and inflammation in this shoulder. He is expected to miss at least to start. Freddy Freeman now with the team on this road trip. He is on the IL with that bad ride Ankle, Tony Gonsolin, Evan Phillips on Minor League rehab Assignment's Clayton Kersh on the sixty day IL recovering from off season toe surgery saw him throwing a bullpen session today at National's Park. All right, let's head back out to Washington, d C. And check out the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Scupper anything.
Speaker 7: For Dave.
Speaker 8: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Robbers?
Speaker 9: It was really special. Everyone was there outside of Freddie who's back home nursing his ankle. But I hope we get to do it again next year and go to the White House and celebrate a previous championship. So yeah, it was great. The President was very generous with his time, and as I'm sure you guys heard, we had an opportunity to go to the Oval Office as well, and that's just something that you know, the only dream of an opportunity to go to the White House.
Speaker 6: Was that your first time ever going into the Oval Office? And are you whether it's TV shows and kind of shows that have the experience of being in that and was that just a cool experience for you?
Speaker 9: It really was. It was my first time. I think a couple of the guys have done it before, but it was my first time and actually got a chance to see a pit make sure take a photo in front of the Declaration of Independence. So for myself, who's a history major, that was That's a picture. I'm a cherish for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dave Roberts and I'm both history majors from UCLA. How about that? Love that all right? That is Dave Roberts down the dugout, certainly talking about the excitement of earlier today going to the White House and being honored for their twenty twenty four World Series. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David Bassay. He was there lead you at the first pitch Dodgers and Nationals first pitch of three forty five. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Nationals on this Monday. Dustin May mackenzie core the pitching matchup in this series opener, first pitch coming up at three forty five.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi or DV going to.
Speaker 2: The White House on any occasion, no matter who's president or not, it's a special thing. The Dodgers went there today and a very cool you got to go as well, DV.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: First for me, Tim, because back in twenty twenty one when the Dodgers visited the White House and President Biden, I was not traveling with the team. If you remember, the country in the world was still coming out of COVID. I only started traveling with the team full time again in twenty twenty two after missing twenty and twenty one. But nonetheless, it was a great surreal experience just to see how you know, the media works on a day to day basis at the White House, to see the briefing room and how small it is On television it looks so much bigger and it's not. In fact, even Dodger players I got to go into the Oval office said that even is a lot smaller than it appears on TV. So really really cool experience for everybody. And even though I was not included with the team and the players, to go inside the rope, to be in the East Room, to be in the briefing room, to be on the grounds of the White House, you feel the enormity and the history of being there.
Speaker 8: That is very cool.
Speaker 2: David Trivan by fourth, There's one thing we like, its choices. Find yours of the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This march could only be called f one fifty. Clayton Kershaw, he spoke today at the White House day. But there's more Kershaw news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little baseball news for Clayton Kershaw who showed up. And by the way, tim as he spoke for the Dodgers, it was not supposed to be Kershaw. Originally, Freddie Freeman, the World Series MVP, was originally the player that was going to speak on behalf of the team. But as we know, Freddie unfortunately is not here. He's back on the injured list in LA with his bad right ankles. So Kershaw obviously the next obvious choice, and he did a great job. And something else about the White House I should mention Max Months. He told me he does not know how they do it, but the Oval office is the best smelling room he has ever been in. He's not sure how they do it, but he said it is smelling really good in there. Anyway, back to Kershaw, he was throwing a bullpen session after he went from his suit to uniform, and we all want to know what's the timeline, what's next? When's he coming back?
Speaker 10: Yeah, through another bullp in today. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go and face some hitters on Thursday in Arizona. You know I did that last Thursday, face through two innings, so I'm kind of just gonna keep on that schedule. It's it's kind of a weird needle to thread because physically my arm is ready to go. You know, I'm ready, but my toe isn't all the way there yet. So it's just like, whenever my toe finally is strong enough to be out there, I want to be ready. So it's just kind of threading that needle as best I can. It's obviously a unique injury for pitching, unique injury for baseball, so there's not.
Speaker 8: A whole lot of precedent with it. So we're just.
Speaker 10: Kind of where whenever my toe is ready to go, I'll be ready to go.
Speaker 4: So last Thursday, kurshat through two innings to hitters in Arizona. He's going to do that again this week, and then from there he's probably going to have to go out on a rehab assignment once he's able to generate the velocity and feel good with that toe that he had surgery on. It's his left toe, so it's his push off leg right there. So that's where things stand with Kershaw.
Speaker 8: All Right.
Speaker 2: What's going on with Blake Snell in his shoulder, David.
Speaker 4: It's been bothering him for three weeks, he said, and he hopes that he's only going to have to miss two weeks sick, which means he's going to miss two starts. So it's unfortunate, but Blake Snell is not known as being a first half pitcher. He eases his way into the season, not intentionally, but he also understands it's a marathon, not a sprint. So don't worry Tim. When it counts, Blake Snell will be there.
Speaker 2: Can't wait for the next Snell Villa day, David, all right, speaking of pitching with him out, What are the Dodgers plans tomorrow in the second game of this series and what's happening on Wednesday in the finale?
Speaker 4: A lot of options. As you know, the Dodgers are not only deep on their twenty six man roster, but their forty man roster, a lot of teams, including the Nationals, probably could have all five Dodgers starters at Oklahoma City in their Major League rotation. I'm talking Landon Nack, Bobby Miller, Justin Robleski, just to name a few. But it will be Justin Robleski making the start tomorrow simply because it's his scheduled day to start. So out of all the starters, a lot of good options, but since it is his start date, the Dodgers thought it would be best to have Robleski start tomorrow. He had a great spring. He looked much better than he did a year ago, much improved with a third pitch, with that curveball, He's hiding the baseball a lot better than he did last year. And on Wednesday, Landon Nack, who joined the Dodgers at the White House, is in the mix to make the start for the Dodgers on Wednesday in the finale of this East Coast road trip. Right, So, a lot of options and a lot of pitching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of options. That's a good thing for the Dodgers as supposed to last October. Thank you, Dvble. Check back in with you be able to go one on one with Michael Conafordo coming up in about ten minutes. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next, sure Dodgers Magical moment. If you're leading you up to first pitch from Washington, DC, Dodgers and Nationals. I'm Tim Kates. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tip on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers East Coast. The real trip continues in Washington, d C. To take on the Nationals. Dustin May and McKenzie Gore. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for three forty five.
Speaker 4: Who wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Haffey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to September eighth, twenty twenty three, Dodgers at Nationals Park taking on the Nationals. Freddie Freeman chasing Dodger record history.
Speaker 3: You can tell because they've got the tiny little Roberto Clemente numbers stick around their helmet. There's a ground ball past a diving second basement. Guarcia that's in the right field, Taylor turning second, and Freddy is in with a double. He's got the record the most doubles in a single season and Dodger history ever. Freddie Freeman with his fifty third two base.
Speaker 2: Hit September eighth, twenty twenty three. Freddie Freeman setting a Dodgers franchise record fifty three doubles in this season. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey Ouse, local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check you on Rick Monday and we'll get to your prize picks. Double play of the Day, it's coming up. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Nationals. I'm Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Nationals. Dustin May McKenzie gore the pitching match, So we'll dive deeper into the numbers. How they've done so far this year. That's all coming up here on Dodgers on deck. First pitch of three forty five got.
Speaker 4: Him with the two for one hard shot to third, drove us the second on the first double what double tolleries.
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Download the free Prize Picks app and sign up using the code go blue. Join me and millions of others playing fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars a lineup that's go blue. When you sign up at Prize Picks, you just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one thousand times your cash. Strikeouts RBIs hits, first any runs doubles. You pick it more or less at Prize Picks. Use the code go blue when you sign up.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: My two picks show Hey Otani more or less a half a hit. Come on, after his struggles yesterday, He's gonna have a hit at least in this game today. I say more than a half a hit for Showy Otani. Dustin May more or less five strikeouts against the Washington Nationals code red on a Monday in Washington, DC, more than five strikeouts for dustin May Prize Picks use the promo code go Blue, getting fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars. Lineup Prize Picks, run your game, and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick, hopefully your nose doesn't bleed, because this is one of the highest perches you and Tim Neverett will see in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 5: We're fine, we brought oxygen with us. Yeah we can. Yeah. From this view, we can only see the field. You can see a curvature of the earth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 5: I joke we're not that far from Reagan International Airport. Okay, fine. I joke from time to time that the landing pattern if a plane flies by, we can actually see what's on the tray table in front of any of the passengers on the plane. You know.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the view, we're seeing apartment buildings now beyond center field. We used to be able to see the Capitol building.
Speaker 5: Come over on this side. On this side of the boat, you can just see the top the dome of the Capitol building.
Speaker 4: That's like my view at the White House earlier today, Rick, I feel like there's a trend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, might be telling you something. At least you had a view of it.
Speaker 4: Hey, today the conditions, the conditions are similar to yesterday in Philadelphia. But I have a feeling Dustin May is not going to let it affect him.
Speaker 5: No, it won't one thing about it. He got excited in the outing that had last Tuesday at Doctors Stadhuim against the Atlanta Brays. It's fun to watch him, and he's not celebrating on the mount. He's just enjoying the moment when things go right with his stuff. And here's the technical term stuff. Right, we're talking about the pitches that he throws. It's nasty. In fact, we had a couple of broadcasters from the nationals coming in and talking about his stuff and how good it is and how effective it can be and hopefully just relax and trust your stuff. We say that a lot about young pitchers in particular, and I think you can also underline that with a guy that has gone through so much as he has if you look at the last year, year and a half physically.
Speaker 4: Rick today, Dave Roberts said he wanted to give Andy Paes a breather. He's kind of trending underwater right now, especially defensively. How does he get better as a center fielder.
Speaker 5: Well, the only way you're going to do it is to pay attention and to play. It's not just defensively. He's not run the bases well at all. The Dodgers, in fact, if you look at last couple of series they've had games, they have not run the bases collectively very well at all, and they made some mistakes. They'd have to clean that up. But for young player, the realization and sometimes to sit down and watch how the game is played. He took a horrible route on the ball that was hit the center field, and yesterday's ball game he's not again, not run the bases particularly well. There's growing pains with young players. The question is how fast they learn and then apply it.
Speaker 4: And also Chris Taylor gets a rare start, only his second of the season. If he's on this roster, he's got to play.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And for Dave Roberts understands that the only way the guy is going to come out of a slump. You can't come out of a slump on the bench, So you get him in there. Because this is a long, long season. We talked about it so many different times. There are going to be injuries, and tonight it's against the left handed pitchers, so you get the right headed bat of Taylor in there, the right headed bat of Miguel Rojas and second base. They move Edmund the switch hitters in center field. This is twenty six players, and he can't just go with the same nine eight position players every night. And you've got to get those other guys into the mix. They've got to get at bats, they've got to be on the field, they've got to play. That's why they're on the major league roster.
Speaker 4: And I know Chris Taylor is low hanging fruit for those that want to criticize easy pickings.
Speaker 5: But one thing about it, he plays hard. Chris Taylor is one of those players that I evaluate players that coming in. If you come into a ballgame of the Sammonth any you've not seen the first six innings right looking at Chris Taylor, you can't tell if he's zero for four or four for four. He plays the game as hard as anybody that's on that field. That much I give him, And again, the only way he's going to come out of it is he get the experience in playing. One quick addition, I've already seen a change in his batting stance from what we saw in spring trending, which was different than last year, and he's gone somewhere between. Now what we saw is bring training and comparison to last year, he's moved the bat a little bit differently. The movement's a little bit different. Now he's got to trust it and make contact.
Speaker 4: Do you believe he's quicker to the ball, shorter to the ball as.
Speaker 5: I don't know yet because I just noticed that the last a couple of the bats that he has, and I don't know if he's in that transition to where it's no longer you have to get to the point, David, very quickly, where it's no longer thinking about, well, where's my elbow? Is my elbow up? Where's the angle of the bat in my hands? Until it gets to the point where it's natural and you don't have to go through that process. It's still in a period of adjustment. I don't know if he's there yet.
Speaker 4: All Right, Rick, thanks a lot. We'll listen out tonight to hear what you think of Chris Taylor's new version. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV, Thank you, Moe. Dodgers fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial Aid's available to help you with tuition, books and sometimes even the rit It's time to take that next big step. Class is gonna fill up quickly. So on roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on DENK will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Rick and Tim will be back with those keys to the game. What up next week? All high and tight with Michael Conforto Dodger left fielders, Dodgers Nationals. First pitch coming up at three forty five. I'm Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Naworth, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and national start up in three game set Dustin May McKenzie gore. The pitching matchup will dive deeper to those numbers coming up in just a few minutes. First pitch at three forty five Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She Handcrafted Sushi. Enjoy the game with a quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy. Zen She handcraft a sushi made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and tradition. You can taste tune a role salmon rolls, timpurra shrimp, and my personal favorite, the Mangy ming Go crunchy dragon role. Of course, they got the poke bulls as well. Find zen She near the deli counter at Ralph's. Zen She handkrufted soshi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: Well, the Dodgers remain on the East coast here in Washington, d C. And I'm joined right now by one of my favorites because he's Italian. I'm Italian, and we need more Italians on the Dodgers. And that is the one and only Michael CONFORDO. Michael, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree, we need more Italians on the team for.
Speaker 4: Sure, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Hey, how Italian?
Speaker 4: Are you though, That's what I want to know.
Speaker 7: Uh So, my dad's one hundred percent, which makes me fifty. You know, most of my family is back in Pennsylvania, so I had some family out there in Philly, and uh.
Speaker 8: So, my dad grew up in Altoona.
Speaker 7: My grandma has six sisters, so I have like sixty cousins out there, and they're all pretty much still around Altuna, and uh you know, we go back every every so often, but it's it's one big Italian celebration, you know, for family reunions and weddings and all that kind of stuff. So we ended up in Seattle, away from most of most of the family. So you know, I'd probably be a little bit more Italian if I stayed in Altuna.
Speaker 4: But hey, you got sixty cousins, that's legit right there. That's when I know you're Italian.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, a big, big family.
Speaker 8: It's always good to go back there and see family.
Speaker 4: Michael Conforto is our guest in front of first Pitch. Now, I gotta ask you, all that Italian blood in you and all that family, what do you love the most about the food of Italy?
Speaker 7: Honestly, there's there's not really any kind of Italian food that I don't like.
Speaker 8: It's my favorite food.
Speaker 7: My grandma always did, you know, a big Sunday gravy, you know, she she wouldn't call it gravy, but you know, like a Sunday red sauce with you know, she'd like the meatballs, the sausage, pepperoni.
Speaker 8: Let it all cook, you know, in the.
Speaker 7: On the stove multiple times, you know, so the sauce kind of soaks up all that flavor, and the meat soaks up all the flavor of the sauce. You know that that's our That's our Christmas celebration, our Easter celebration. It's been a while since I've been able to have it from her, but I've learned to make it. I try my best to make it, and it's never like hers, but it's, uh, it just reminds me of home.
Speaker 4: Hey, good for you for trying that. Michael Conforto is our guest. I know it's only eleven games into the season, but it feels like as a group, as an offensive unit, it feels like you guys are starting to find that chemistry.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think so, you know, I think it.
Speaker 7: You know, we just have a lot of really good players, guys who know who they are, and you know, it's it's it's it's just a matter of all of us kind of getting our timing and and uh and you know, just starting to.
Speaker 8: Just kind of feel free up there.
Speaker 7: And I think it's kind of one of those things that cream is always going to rise to the top, you know, when you've got guys like Mookie and Freddie and Will Smith and Show Hey and Tay Oscar and you know, you.
Speaker 8: Can just go on and on down the lineup. You know we're gonna score some runs.
Speaker 7: We just have to you know, I think just some of the little things we just have to make sure we don't lose sight of, and and we'll be pretty hard to beat.
Speaker 4: I remember in spring training you were in the cage and Dave Roberts was behind you and he was shouting out situations that you might see in a game. Is that kind of what the identity of this offense needs to be to reach its potential, to be able in situations that aren't ideal, to come through two strikes, two outs, and you've done it so far.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I mean, I think you know, take taking that next step is kind of in the margins where you know, the odds aren't in your favor. You know, with two strikes it's hard to hit, but to be able to come through in those situations is big, and so you know, I think that's why Doc likes to do that. He you know, he wants it to be hard. He wants you to be uncomfortable. And you know, we train those things, so you know, we really want to, you know, take advantage of every advantage, you know, every every little thing that we can and and just try to keep getting better every day.
Speaker 4: Is that one of the biggest ways to succeed.
Speaker 8: Have a plan?
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, I think understanding the situation, you know, what you're walking into. You know, is it a guy on second base with with less than two outs, you know, or or with nobody out that you you know, the biggest priorities to get him over, you know, Or are you in a situation where you're able to swing free and try to slug you know when you you know, maybe in.
Speaker 8: You're at bat, the plan changes.
Speaker 7: You're you're looking to slug, and then later in the at bat you're looking to you know, do a job and move a guy over or be a tough out, try to drive the pitch count up. You know, there's a lot of things. I think you just have to understand the situation. I think our hitting coaches do a great job of just making sure that we're aware of, you know, what the plan is and what we want to do in each situation.
Speaker 4: Are you a big believer in the guy hitting in front of you and you hitting in front of the person behind you that affects the pitches that you may see and also who may be on base. Are you a believer that even in this day and age of baseball, that remains true.
Speaker 7: I think there's definitely situations that that that comes up. I don't know if it's every you know, every single time you go through the lineup, but I think you know, on a high leverage spot where you know, they see show Hayes up fourth and they really don't want him to come to play with somebody on base, you know, it may change the way that they're going to attack the hitters, maybe a little bit more aggressive, you know, not wanting to walk anybody, you know, and just attacking the zone. But you know, that's just one example of how things can change. And I think there are a lot of just like you know, they the pictures and our pictures.
Speaker 8: They have a plan for each guy.
Speaker 7: You know, they know, you know, the catchers and the pictures are going to try to exploit, you know, whatever weakness that you have. So there's that, and then there's also, you know, the game within the game of you know, they see who's coming up down the line and who they feel like is a better matchup, you know, in each situation. So I think it's there's just a lot of things at play. I think that still holds true, but not always.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, you mentioned Otani, You've heard about him, you know about him, but now your teammates with him, is there anything that surprises you or is now that you're behind the curtain on the same side, what have you learned about how he's able to be as great as he is.
Speaker 7: I never got to see how he worked. He works his ass off. He you know, when he trains, he trains to swing hard, trains speed that speed. Obviously there's technique in there, but like when he's in the cage, it's it's loud and it's impressive how hard the ball comes off, and it's every day, So that that was awesome to see, not that I wasn't expecting it. It's just impressive to see in person. And you sometimes you like to sit down and watch. You don't like to necessarily get in the cage after him after he puts on that show. But aside from that, he's just he's a normal guy. He's he's got a great sense of humor, and he's goofy, likes to mess around, and you know, I think that's why. You see how his teammates react to him doing things, and you know, he always seems to come through in a big moment.
Speaker 8: So that's great.
Speaker 4: Hey, Michael Conforto's fun to watch too, sit to hit. That's what I think about when I see Confordo in that batter's box from the last left side. Thanks a lot for the time. Always great catching up with you and man LA's love and Michael Conforto, I love.
Speaker 8: The sound of that. That's great.
Speaker 7: Hope, I hope they enjoy. This is gonna be a fun team to watch for sure.
Speaker 4: There he goes Dodger left fielder and a proud Italian American Michael Conforto. Michael receives a pair of Canaan sunglasses. The world's best polarized sunglasses out there. Canaan's lenses are clear, lighter and stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. With frames that are handcrafted in Italy. Canaan Sunglasses elevate your experiences outside with a degree of clarity beyond your wildest imagination. Visit Canaan dot com for your pair, Tim, we'll send it back to you all right.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot of dv Great to hear from Michael CONFORTI get to know him a little bit better. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor. What are the official pizza the Dodgers audio broadcasts. When it's game day, it's group day at shakys dot Com. We're leading you up to first pitch on this Monday. Dodgers and Nationals up next. Break down this pitching match. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and national start up a three game set. Visit to the White House today on the ballfield tonight first pitch of three forty.
Speaker 1: Five and now before the Dodgers hit the Dineck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Forreshent about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and play hard at a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the ball. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. McKenzie gore one or ohe on one with a two to forty five ERA, twenty six year old left hander. Former first round pick of the Padres at twenty seventeen, he was then traded in the one Soto deal. He's emerged as one of the top left handed arms in the National League since twenty twenty three tops and strikeouts top ten. That is second in strikeouts per nine innings. Making his third start this season, win six shutout innings against the Phillies, then five innings, three runs, nine hits, five strikeouts at a no decision against the Blue Jays. He is zero to one with a three forty five r RA in three career starts against the Dodgers. He faced them once last year. He allowed one in and run on seven hits while striking out four and six innings. Back on April twenty fifth at Nationals Park, dust In May code red on the mound for the Dodgers. Twenty seven year old right hander back in healthy in twenty twenty five after battling injuries the last year and a half. Making his second start here in twenty twenty five last time out five innings, one run, one hit, six strikeouts in a no decision against the Braves. It was his first start since May seventeenth of twenty twenty three. Today his first time ever, getting a start against the Washington Nationals. Dustin May McKenzie gore, Dodgers Nationals. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game are next? I Tim kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in national startum in three games set. Dodgers, fresh off losing two to three in Philadelphia, looking to turn things around. Dustin May McKenzie gore the pitching matchup first pitch at three forty five. Before that let's head back out to the booth. Tim Neverrick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Tim, thanks again, we're getting you ready for the start of this one here at Nationals Park. Overcast sky is gonna be a little chilly here in the weather, a little dicey in this area for the next day or so. Dustin May gets the start. Dustin making his second start, first start, very good. Five innings against the Braves. Allowed one run, it was unearned, only one hit and lefties couldn't touch him. So Dustin May has a sweeper added to his arsenal to go along with the slider and the two seam fastball, which just continues to baffle opposing hitters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and talking to a couple of coaches that outing that he had you're referring to on Tuesday against the Atlanta Braves, they think that was a huge stepping stone because he was able to stretch his wings, kind of feel his way back into the game itself. Did not allow the urn run and just the three walks, but you start to look at the command of the fast bolt and then the slider and the reaction to some of the hitters. I mean, they were absolutely surprised by some of the pitches that the big right hander delivered.
Speaker 3: M Kenzie Gore going for the Nationals his third start now, his first start on opening Day was something else. He got a no decision in his very first start of the season where he struck out thirteen, but his last start he lost to Toronto, So he's been kind of up and down on his first two starts.
Speaker 5: He's been up and down. The Dodgers have seen him read different starts in the past, so they've got a pretty good idea on what he's going to be throwing. One area that that Gore has really improved upon stolen bases. You know, you look at two years ago he gave a twenty six out of twenty eight attempts. Last year did a much better job in that area, and so far this season he's kind of held it down as well. Speaking of stolen bases, watch out for the Nationals because they have some guys who are going to probably run and for Dave Martinez, their manager, he likes an offense that puts runners in motion.
Speaker 3: Speaking of offense, to Oscar Hernandez, second in the National League currently and runs batted in. After his five RBI day yesterday in Philadelphia, he has thirteen on the season. He's trailing only the Cubs Kyle Tucker, who has fourteen. They Oscar batting in the cleanup spot tonight, so Mackenzie Gore and Dustin May the pitching matchup. It's the Dodgers at nine to two, taking on the three and six Washington Nationals.
Speaker 2: Temp all right, Dodgers starting this three game set in our nation's capital. Dodgers line up looking a little different than it did over the weekend. You got a leftander on the mound that it helps, but Showy Otani leading off, Mookie Bets batting second, and Will Smith doing the catching. But Kekey Hernandez at first base, Miguel Rojas at second base. Today, No Michael Conforto, David Vassai's guest on high and tight Chris Taylor, who needs to start getting at bats. As Rickmunday mentioned, he gets the start in left field, Mookie Betts at shortstop. So the Dodgers out there looking to turn things around after dropping two to three in Philadelphia over the weekend. Code red on the mound, Dustin May Dodgers offense trying to get after one of the best left handed young pitchers in the game. Mackenzie Gore. This game's over. Don't forget David Maassae's got your cover with the post game and Dodger talk as well. First pitch of our nation's capital is next to enjoy it. I'm Tim Katson. This the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network