Speaker 1: All right, that's it. I've been scorched by Krusty before. I got a rabbit harpee from those Crusty brand vitamins. My Krusty calculator didn't have a seven or eight, and Krusty's autobiography was self serving with many glaring omissions. But this time he's gone too far way.
Speaker 2: What Krusty way, Why Krusty way?
Speaker 3: Why Krusty You said you broke their spirits?
Speaker 2: We did, you broke cussing. Let's get them to the head of it.
Speaker 4: It is the Guy on Springfield throw Back classic review. He had gone all the way back to season four. It's the premiere of season four of The Simpsons. It is Camp Krusty.
Speaker 3: I am Dano and I am Guy, and yes, welcome to an episode that promises to be self serving with many glaring emissions.
Speaker 4: Always glaring emissions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have a Camp Krusty.
Speaker 4: God, we stepped back in time, didn't we We did, indeed, but for a good reason. So the patrons voted for this one. As we mentioned on last week's show, the patrons decide each month which Guy on Springfield we do. We go back and review a classic episode from the first ten seasons, it's an episode usually that guy has not visited before. Because which was the co host in the first ten seasons of the show, you join on in season eleven, So go back and review the classic because everyone likes hearing us talk about the classics, and this one is an absolute classic. It is either this one or when you Dish upon a Star. We had a summer theme and they went with Camp Krusty and I had a good time. Not as funny as I remembered it, but still I think the story for me behind Camp Rusty is more interested in the actual episode in some ways now, just being the reviewer, the nerd, the pop culture nerd, I love the soak up. Like like Number five would say in Short Circuit.
Speaker 3: More input, more input.
Speaker 4: That's quite guess thrown around the house a lot at the moment because the kids just watch Short Circuit for the first.
Speaker 3: Time and they loved it, okay, and now they want more.
Speaker 4: So Elliott gets a book.
Speaker 3: And he's like, more inputs, kids, adorable.
Speaker 4: But so this one here, there's a really interesting story behind Camp Krusty, which we will delve into. Quite pivotal. If it had gone it could have gone one or two ways they went this way. Had they gone the other way, we may have got one of the most iconic Simpsons moments of all time. I'll just say here it's the movie. This was originally pitched by James L. Brooks to be the first Simpsons movie Oka, so he read the script they put together because they the idea of it, wouldn't it be funny if the kids go to sumer camp, because if they could talk about all their experiences and going to summer camp and what all The writers James L. Brooks read the script and went, hey, guys, this should be the first movie. And there was pushback, which we will delve into a little bit later. But I wish that movie happened, you know, and I'll explain why in just a few moments. But this one here, camp Krusty a lot to talk about.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can talk about our experiences going to camp and whatnot. But before we do all that, how you mean not.
Speaker 3: Doing too bad? Actually, having said that, I mean you talked about we were doing a poll with episodes with a summer theme. That feels like it is rubbing salt in the wounds because right here in sunny downtown Geelong it is just not sunny. It's free, we.
Speaker 4: Would say, freezing our balls off.
Speaker 3: Indeed, to quote Kurt Russell in the thing first goddamn Weeker winner, And yeah, it feels like it. So it was actually good to get a bit of a little bit of a getaway to sunny Springfield. And even if Cam Krusty turned out to be a fairly sort of desolate and brutal location, was still nice to get some sunshine.
Speaker 4: Plus we've got mister Black.
Speaker 3: Plus we got mister Black bursting with personality that.
Speaker 4: I can always guarantee what your favorite moment is going to be. Is it, Gentlemen to evil? Gentleman to evil?
Speaker 3: It's in there now, although you're being far too formal. I mean, I just call that guy uncle Blackie.
Speaker 4: Is that not one of the most That's one of the funniest scenes, not of all timer, but like I just love that because it's so short and sharp, that scene, it's just coming to within five seconds. It's but another brand he mister Black. Gentlemen, do we.
Speaker 3: A lot of great one liners in this episode? Yeah? Yeah, some that are absolutely meme worthy. I mean, whether that has been actually turned into memes, I'm not sure. But certainly you know, Martin Princess sticking his head into that pot because oh, sweet nourishing gruel, which is often said at my house at dinner time.
Speaker 4: It's everybody to me at the matrix. That scene, Actually, that's all I eat is just cruel.
Speaker 3: Oh that's true. Yeah, they're eating that. Well, that's the thing. I mean, you hear about gruel all the time. What is cruel? It's basically porridge, but just like shitty porridge imitation gruel. Yeah, the lovely yes of sun Felix. The other night, it's kind of like we got oats in the house. I'm like, not that I'm aware. Really, I think for oats, like.
Speaker 4: Oats right now, I have oats of yogurt every Morning's well, good for you.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, I thought that was the story, was a bit of an outline, but no, apparently, but he never really sort of declared much of a preference a ornay for oats before. But all but sometimes you just get that thought in your head, You got that itch, you can't scratch it. You know what would be great right now? Porridge? Good porridge, particularly on a cold morning like we're experiencing here.
Speaker 4: What I do is I get the fat free yogurt. I'll put that on top first and then do a swirl of honey on top of that as well. Honey, fat free yogurt and oats together.
Speaker 3: I certainly hope that you cut that into a little real or a story because you did the motion of stirring.
Speaker 4: It was so daring, it was so cute.
Speaker 3: You can see the look in yours. I was like, I might go have some porridge recording.
Speaker 4: He says, here AI overview. So forgive me if this is incorrect. But gruel is a thin porridge made by cooking. Gruel is a thin porridge made by cooking meal. That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: The meal is a thing as well as being a meal. Oh, it's kind of like grain.
Speaker 4: So Wikipedia, gruel is a food consisting of some type of cereals such as ground oats, wheat, rite, or rice, heated or boiled in water or milk. It is basically like you said, it's sloppy. It's being shitty porridge without all the extras.
Speaker 3: I love ethote Ai. I was hallucinating though. It's just like it's a meal made with meal.
Speaker 4: I'm encouraged, made by cooking meal.
Speaker 3: It is made by cooking meal, but gruel, that's what it is. But I just love him sticking sweet, nourish and gruel. Something else I found interesting about this episode was you had sort of different swerves on characters we've come to know and love. I mean, normally you view Martin as a certain kind of thing or he does a certain kind of thing. When it's an episode he's very much I am teacher's pet. Oh I'm ever so smart, that kind of thing. Having him be I wrote this because I love this line, Daddy's chubby little secret.
Speaker 4: Daddy' chubby little secret is so good.
Speaker 3: Well, all that was very, very funny, but just yeah.
Speaker 4: Spam me the euphanisms.
Speaker 3: It's fat camp for daddy's chubby little secret. Mister princelet. Well, I forgot what he said after that, but.
Speaker 4: You said you wouldn't make a scene. What does he call it? First though, it's the something enhancer, image enhancement, can something.
Speaker 3: So having Martin showing another aspect to his character or another facet I thought was kind of fun.
Speaker 4: I think it was a bit of a bitch really, Oh yeah, a real bitch attitude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll sort of talk about image enhancement. Camp and how that's not very twenty twenty fast. No, it's not, indeed. But the other interesting thing was Ralph Wigham.
Speaker 4: Yes, they hadn't worked out Ralph yet. He wasn't worked out as Ralph as we know it until I Love Lisa, which is later this season. I think it might be me season episode sixteen or whatever, later this season when he falls in love with Lisa. Blah blah blah. At this point, sometimes he's got the wrong voice, the design is not quite right. He's not done by any means yet.
Speaker 3: He's just an average kid.
Speaker 4: He's just the kid who the other kid that says stuff occasionally. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'd be really interested to sort of do a bit of a deep dup, which I didn't do for this episode into I know, I guess the evolution of Ralph and what made them decide. Okay, let's turn him into someone who is extremely naive, virgin on, extremely dumb, and often just extremely dumb, not even virgin.
Speaker 4: But because I Love Lisa, he wasn't extremely dumb. He was awkward and weird. But by the end of it, he's like, well, he's not the Ralph Wickhan from season ten, is he?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, he's not. Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 4: He hasn't gone full you know, from Tropic Thunder correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he also has one of the a line that I think was used before The Simpsons clearly, but I think they consoled it and just did it really well. It's like he's funny, but he's not ha ha funny, which I really dig. I just thought that was such a such a great delivery. Sorry, I'm really sort of doing favorite moments here. Yeah, but I thought it was very interesting that you saw different sides and different versions of different incarnations. Yeah, characters, we really really like.
Speaker 4: They're still working out the show even in season four. This was a carry of This and a Streetcarnae Marge were two episodes from season three that were carryovers to this season here. But this is such a landmark episode and it's so memorable. Everyone remembers it. Even if it's not necessarily the funniest or the best episode, it's iconic, I think because it's not set in Springfield for a lot of it, and that makes it stand out and feel unique.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yeah, And what you're saying about it being a movie, I mean, James L. Brooks and I we're very very similar people, both weak glasses, both week glasses. I think he's probably got my head then all. Honestly, even though he's something like eighty four, I really liked this episode. I'm not going to fault it in any way, but it does feel like there's a lot of stuff in it.
Speaker 4: It's funny because the reason they didn't make it the movie was because our Jeam pushback saying they had they struggled to make this the full twenty two minutes. They had to pad it out. For example, the Krusty song you know when they go faster or whatever, Right, they had to extend the song to just make it to draw the episode out. They couldn't fill twenty minutes, right, and I'm watching this going, I don't understand how. Let's talk about that now. So this was originally meant to be the Simps well what James L. Brooks wanted to be the Simpsons movie, right, And they pushed back saying two reasons. Olgeam was worried they wouldn't have a season premiere because they'd already set this one in to be the season premiere. Ok, and now the one being he says, if we couldn't pad it out for eighteen minutes. How could we do it for eighty right? If you had the time right and the no how so if James L. Brooks had come to him six months prior or twelve months Brian said this story, let's turn this into a film, and they had the time, it wasn't a last minute thing. There is certainly a way to pad this out to be an eighty minute movie.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's even patting it out. I think I think it's flashing flashing it out.
Speaker 4: There is a lot here that so like, for example, they only focus on margin Homer right, and I want to touch about that because as a married man now with two small kids.
Speaker 3: Out of the house, so it's getting it onto it.
Speaker 4: So I like how they put a spotlet on that relationship, but you could have put a spotlight on the other parents of Springfield or just Springfield in general with our kids running around. Oh yeah, the adults take over the town again.
Speaker 3: That's it's a it's a great scene when the bus pulls off and everyone's just like yeah, it's like yeah, you're basically opening the door to a b plot or a parallel plot where it's like yeah, as you say, adults in Springfield getting up to various shenanigans, which could be fun, but also realizing, oh, you know, it's great, but it's also a little bit empty without the kids for some of us. Some of us are really liberated by that. You know, Homer becomes not the better version of himself, but he certainly sort of you know, cleans up. He gets on a bit of a self improven kick as a result. Then you go, yeah, I've got everything that's happening in Camp Crusty. You don't have to pad that at Yeah, you just flash that out and expand it. And a bit of a b plot from that's the story with the image enhancement Camp. I mean, I see so much potential and so much possibility for a longer, big, longer nun cut. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, so the movie you could have started off with, you know, summer camp is a summertime. Summer breaks, some of breaks whatever, some of holidays are approaching some of it because the school the episode starts, when it starts the whole and we've been told Homer said to Bar if you get this average blah blah blah can get to go to Camp Crusty, you could have that it's coming up. What are we going to do with the summer break? What are our plans? Then they all find out about Camp Crusty. And then but told then you've got to straighten up and flop. Maybe you can do something rudy at the start. If you want to go to this Camp Crusty, you've got to be better. Right. Eventually he ends up getting there somehow, he does the right thing, he gets his grades. Well that's not the first fifteen minutes tournamutes of the film. Then you have them going to Camp Krusty. I think can Krusty from the get go if it's a film doesn't necessarily have to be shipped from the get go, it can be when they first get there, yeah, oh this is great.
Speaker 3: Everything looks fantastic.
Speaker 4: And then they run out of run out of food or something, or just it's slowly just deteriorates, well deteriates quite quickly where they realize, oh, this isn't what we thought it was going to be, because at first it's like, oh, this is great. And then you can have the parents so focusing on Springfield and the adults of Springfield enjoying life without the kids, right, and the parents and the kids at the Camp Krusty also enjoying life with their parents. This is great Red Camp Krusty, but by the end, the kids want their parents back and the parents what the kids back Like. This is great and having kids around, but we miss our kids. Sure, there's a really emotional story you can tell there as well, and a funny story and a funny story as well. Plus you could also focus on we don't get a spoiler on what the teachers are doing over the summer break. There's some fun. Skinner puts his glasses on, walks off. What's Skinner doing over this break? I want to find it what Skinner is and what's really doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can fold everybody into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there is a there was a movie here, and it's just a real shame that they run out of time or they didn't want to. I'm not sure. But if nicely ninety two we get this movie, I think it would have been iconic.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But at the same time, I think they did a very very good job just with this episode. I mean, as I said, it feels very sort of nicely and tightly packed. Yeah, I don't feel like I've one thing I always enjoy about a good story is that it gives you sort of room to dream. Is the thing that's you like to think about what's happening outside the outside the frame. And yeah, for us to do our own little fan fiction versions of like, Hey, what was spring of some Sorry?
Speaker 4: What was Jerry Skinner?
Speaker 3: Hey? What was you know Skinner's summer vacation? Actually, like what did you get up to?
Speaker 4: What missus k do?
Speaker 3: It's nice to imagine all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Willie's sad because he needs the kids, because you know he he says he hates the kids. But with that the kids, Ain's got nothing to do. What's his purpose?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just was there is a movie there, and it's a real shame that it didn't happen. But they did do a sequel, Camp Crustyer, which was in season twenty eight. I believe, I'm gonna look it up here. Camp Krustier was a sequel twenty seventeen. I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So fifteenth episode of the twenty eighth season originally aired twenty seventeen. I have not watched it, but apparently it is set directly so. In this episode, Barton Lisa returned from Camp Crusty traumatized, and Homoo becomes a more productive worker. So it's set directly after Oh okay, Camp Krusty. So it's not like twenty it's literally it's like a continuation of the episode.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm actually really interested to check that one out.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what, how about we do a sequel to this episode four finger Discount or I on Springfield or Guy on Springfield? Get it right?
Speaker 4: Well, guyspcials for the Classics.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we'll come up with a new brain the Classics, the Classics, I tell you. But there's something we should do that I think we should have then, well, pretty much almost immediately, because there is Crusty.
Speaker 4: There was As I said, there was so much they could have done here that they didn't, not saying that I watched his I wish they did this, I wish to do I didn't feel like I was left out. But you can't tell me this couldn't have been a movie. One could have been Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Look what if? Questions are always very very interesting and fun to explore. Yeah, that does not take away from anything that happens in Camp Krusty. In the slightest Yeah, I really really enjoyed this episode for so many reasons. I like the you know, the nostalgia aspect of it. Yeah, just by virtue of going back to season four and it's like, oh, well, this is the way they used to this is the way it used to look, there's the way it used to sound. These are the kind of gags that they used to tell. I mean, there are certain things in here. It's like they're not condoning or even celebrating it, but it's kind of like, oh, I don't think you could really sort of do an episode about certain aspects that they cover in this well, and certainly not in this way. You'd have to be a little more explicit about it. Shouldn't be this is not good. We don't like this. You know what I'm talking about? Yes, talking about image enhancement cat. Yes, Oh what's actually called though? Chief something?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's the go to comedy for white writers when they're mocking Native Americans. It's Chief something. It's like chief running back, like they've got a chief insert funny name. That's that's the gag.
Speaker 3: We're a little more sensitive these days. We pretend to be a little more sensitive. Yes, we pretend to be.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Yes, so Crusty in this episode here, I think it was very very important. I know Cotton knew. It is not a big thing on The Simpsons, and they can just things happening in the end of an episode doesn't carry over to the next. But I think it was very important that Crusty made good by the end. So Crusty didn't make good and he just sold the kids out like this while they ever worship him going forward.
Speaker 3: True, So no, he was a bit of a mensch in the Jewish tradition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he actually cared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he came. Well, he came through. I mean I think he cared because, like I don't want to get really really really sued. So yeah, spoiler of the ending taking the kids down to.
Speaker 4: Old and the happiest place on Earth.
Speaker 3: And he have to various South of the Border shenanigans. By the way, a nice use of that song over the closing grits South of the Border.
Speaker 4: It's not Frank Sinatra down Mexico where it's not Frake Sinatra. I didn't say it was, but the Frank Snutcher sings the song, everyone think it's Frank Sinatcha singing it's not it's an impersonator seeing it. Okay, Yeah, maybe I couldn't afford to snatra who can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now Christ he was great in this. I mean you get, you get all sides of the man. I mean, of course, he's the the absolute huckster who'll put his name on just about anything despite the safety concerns.
Speaker 4: And we also get the Bart reference here as well. They wouldn't put my name to an inferior product. That's all they did with the Simpsons in the early nineties very much.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm glad they didn't do any sort of like Wayne's World is fourth wall breaking with that.
Speaker 4: It's just if you know, you know, yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Would have been a very sort of obvious and kind of cheap nod. I mean it worked well in Wayne's World, because.
Speaker 4: That's that's the movie.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: The whole movie is just Scooby Doo.
Speaker 3: Yeah first yeah, but for but the sort of turn in the game and go wink be like yeah if you know, you don't and we knew. But as for him to be someone who I kind of likes the spoils of success, you know, it's like, well, okay, my odd work's done. I'm off to Wimbland to eat strawberries and cream, which has.
Speaker 4: Become an iconic meme trend, the strawberry face. Oh, strawberry, it's gonna be gurnie face. People have got that face and just added it to various carricters.
Speaker 3: Like that, and yeah for him to realize, oh, well, he knows what side his bread's buttered on and he'd better make good. Yeah, you know, there's only so far you can push the shonkiness before you know, people start pushing back.
Speaker 4: Do you have any flashbacks to school camps watching this episode? Not that many so personally. I had a fear of sleeping away from home when I was a kid, so I never stayed over at school camp. I think I did it once, but every time I would go there, I'd pretend I was sick and Mum would come pick me up, as like the teachers expected me to be sick by the end of the first day. Surely I look back now and think, oh, I'm missed out on so many memories. But it was just I had a fear of it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I couldn't know nothing I could do could get me out of I just was worried. Why I was scared. I have no idea, but I wouldn't even sleep at my friend's house. It took so much for me to sleep somewhere else. I was just I had an severe anxiety. Man.
Speaker 3: But I understand where you're coming from. I mean, I'm is I say I have no recollections to school camps. I certainly do, because I mean from maybe like you know, grade six through to form three, so years six through to nine or whatever. Year nine I was up at Timbertop, which was basically camping all year round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm talking of primary school caps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't do that many primary school camps, but certainly when we were adolescent, you know, and then the early years of like middle school and things like that. And it was weird sort of thinking about the transition of like grade six, everyone's like, you know, giggling and sort of like telling ghost stories and stuff like that. And then by the time we hit Form two, like some girls stuck into the room that we were all in without wish to be gross. They get it on pretty hot and handy, while there's like four other like teenage boys around going this too. Had and I'm not going to tell I'm not going to tell the complete Sorry, but we've got some very interesting audio commentary from the couple that were enjoying each other.
Speaker 4: Shall we Oh my god, the chlory holes.
Speaker 3: Well, if you knew, you knew. So Yeah, it's interesting that going from that, those youthful hygiens of like, oh, we're all having.
Speaker 4: In primary school you're playing pranks and the girls, and in high school you're doing other things at the Yeah, look you're pulling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going decades in the past, but still a very fond memory for me of like, you know, there was movie night at the camp or something, and I remember, you know, sort of lying down the front row and I was next to the girl that I had a big, big crush on.
Speaker 4: Miranda was her name, not mare No, no, not me and Mackenzie.
Speaker 3: This name Me and Mackenzie. Pre Meiam, Mackenzie. Your teenagers. You're still starting to not explore, but how close can we get to one another without things going off?
Speaker 4: The hello can be correct?
Speaker 3: And she sort of had her arms one arm around me in one arm around this other dude.
Speaker 4: Who oh that's not cool. Oh that's not cool.
Speaker 3: Oh look I knew that I was not in the running at all. I was just happy to be there. It was like, oh, I wonder what is this, what it's like? So, yeah, that's a fond memory of summer camp for me, early school camp for me.
Speaker 4: I have this fun not fun memory, actually not fun at all. I have this memory maybe it's like PTSD of all the kids. I was primary school and we had this teacher and there was Ms Redmond, and you know, she was quite a big lady, and we had to shower all together, like all the boys, all the boys as well as like a group shower. I remember being like naive, it's kind of weird. We're all like naked, right. I remember Redmond walked in all the boys. That was like, okay, that's when it becomes weird. Miss Reverends like walking side my boys is tiny toga of the shower. Now she's like getting towers with everyone and it's.
Speaker 3: Like Miss Fradmend's looking at hers naked. That is so odd. Yeah, that's not gonna fly. It's funny to mention that. Yeah, I mentioned timber Top earlier. This is the campus of the school that I went to that's up in Mansfield, up near the mountains, and yeah, you're in these dorms. Yeah, and you look fourteen fifteen years old and you're like in a dorm with fourteen other fourteen year.
Speaker 4: Old boys, stinks and stinks, and it's Lynx Africa and it's.
Speaker 3: Basically Lord of the Flies in there.
Speaker 4: It is official. We have finally launched Bob's Pods, a Bob's Burger's podcast, reviewing every episode of the series exclusively on our Patreon. We dissect the relationships, the themes, the burger specials, and everything else that goes into making Bob's Burgers one of the most loved animated series today. So if you want to sink your teeth into one of the tastiest podcasts going around, join the four finger Discam family today at patreon dot com slash four figure discat.
Speaker 3: But what they had was like you were talking about a one big sort of open shower that had four nozzles, so you know, four people can mean the shower at the same time. You're not separated by anything. You just foured naked do in a room in a room. Yeah. I went to a Timbertop reunion last year and we were going through all our old dorms and things like that, and you're looking at the bathrooms and now they all have individual showers, and like these kids today, they just don't understand that, you know, comparison is the thief of joy, all that kind of stuff. Because you know, when I first got the Timidov, I mean, I was, as I often say, a bit of a late bloomer. And the dude that I was next to because we had sort of beds allocated by alphabetical order, the dude in the bed next to me was basically a full grown man in all senses of the word. So I'm not sure I want to be showing up my poets pieces I was there for. I was at this at this school, and I think I went like a week without having a shower, and I think I think people eventually they starting to notice you do it, and I'm like, Okay, I better better have a shower. You guys look at me.
Speaker 4: There's the Big Brother House. When the guys the ones that were the ones you're like, oh I know why?
Speaker 3: Oh so yeah, school camps, uh, and just being away from your your familiar environment, can you put a little bit of a number on you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You're telling That story reminded me of one of my favorite lines now from home alone one I believe it is maybe it's alone no time alone too, because he's got the recorder. I never picked up on this as a kid. But when he says, uncle Frank, is there is his brother, like the dad's brother, Uncle Frank. Get this, Yeah, because he's in the shower, he goes, I saw him naked. I never grew up feeling like a real man boy like that is such a good line, Alian, HO have no idy what it means, but it's so funny. But yeah, so I wanted to touch on here. We mentioned earlier that they could have put more of a spotlight on the adults of Springfield, but they do put a spotlight here, at least on margin Homer and how the kids being out of the house, how that impacts their relationship And as I was saying, as a married man now with two small kids, a four year old, nearly five year old, nearly seven year old, sometimes it's nice to just have time to yourself where you can just remember what it was like pre kids. Not that you don't want your kids around, It's nothing that you don't because sometimes Ali, sometimes I'll say, oh, it's God, just we just want to break because we say we're going out to dinner tonight, and the kids like where they come and mom and dad just needs our time, Like don't you want us? So it's not that we don't want you, Oh, we just need our times. Like they've worked at the guilt trip.
Speaker 3: Wow, he's already hitting you with the emotional black month.
Speaker 4: This is the thing though, Nickol and I went out for our first date night in like six months, a couple of weeks ago, and we're not looking at our phones photos of the kids. I'm like, we've got to not the big none nothing against the kids. Let's focus on us. Yes, let's remember how yeah yeah. So but by the end of the night, you know, we went out to Cake Colt, owned by our friend here, Tash.
Speaker 3: I was you mentioned it the other day. I'm like, I'm gonna have a look at this online that it was a nice looking cakes.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, any Simpsons fans, if you're stopping by a geelong, check out Cake Colt, because what Tash. We know how talented Tash is, right, She's just like when it comes to very gift artists, right, she gets old paintings from we call them the oup shops, the thrift stores or whatever, and she paints Simpsons images onto them. Right, So she's got and it's all lighted on the walls of Cake Cult, all these images Simpsons. So what she's done. For example, she's got a picture of the bush and the dam and she's painted Prime Minister Andy floating in the dam and the two guys yelling out to him. Yeah, she's posts. She's got a picture of like a like a forest and she's painted a three and three. It's gone the dark as well, mister Burns going through the forest as the alien. She's just she's a genius. So if you're a Simpsons fan, check out Cake Cold. I don't want to give her a shout out, and go check out the art that's on the walls. It's all original, one of the kind. It's great.
Speaker 3: If you're in Australia, Yeah, come to Geelong and check it out. If you're international, come to Geelong and check it out. Yeah. Jordan Mullman she did it the other day. Well I know how he went to Cake Gop, but he certainly came to Gelong.
Speaker 4: I had Mars Bar slice and when I got it, I was like, oh, this is getting much. I was halfway through, and I was like, fool, so rich, so rich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like she's making a key lime pie, which is something I tend to enjoy, so I'm going to go check it out.
Speaker 4: She makes everything in house all herself. She's an absolute trooper.
Speaker 3: She is friend of the pod, friend of the pod, friend of the pod.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so what were your thoughts on Margin Homer's relationship improving by the kids being out?
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was really funny. It was just nice seeing Homer and Marge get a chance to just let their hair down, grow some hair, exact, drop some pounds, relax. I think when Homer sneaks into Margin shower things, because we've always seen them they've got a pretty healthy sex life.
Speaker 3: They certainly do, but just relaxed, pretty sexy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, going for picnics.
Speaker 3: There was certainly an indications like oh yeah, things are, yeah, definitely going to change now that they've got the house for themselves. I mean, I wonder what poor old Maggie was up to, probably asleep at that stage. Yeah, certainly that first getting in the showers, like my damn. I think that's a bit later on where I don't know if Homer gets into bed or something, so he's not five pounds, Oh no, no, no, no, not that. But oh yeah, but Goodson's like, I don't think you're just getting in the bed. I think you're actually sort of getting down going downstairs.
Speaker 4: Good for you.
Speaker 3: No, I really enjoyed that aspect of it.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: I thought it was just really well put across by the by the voice acting, by the animation, all that kind of business, and for to have that lovely payoff. Not lovely for Homer, of course, but when you know it's revealed that Bart's the ring, don't be the boy, don't be the boy of the camp, Crossy takeover and just like here immediately falls out, gut immediately protrudes. Oh the poor dude. Yeah, all that hard work and good effort has just been instantly reversed.
Speaker 4: And speaking of reverse, it was actually quite a nice role reversal because leading up to the camp, Marge was the one who was worried, and so she's going to miss everybody, and she just want them to go. The kids couldn't wait to get there. They get the camp, they want to get home, and their parents are like, you can stay there, exactly to the point where even Lisa sends the letter right say help us, help us. Now, I feel normally Marge would have listened to that and gone, I wanted to go help them. But do you think because their life had improved so much, they subconscious subconsciousness went overreacting, overreacting. Yeah, but there's an out one of that. But also it's just you know, expect you kids overreacting. When we got to pick it up, she won't want to come home.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah, this is a great doesn't really feel like a B plot so much. There's not a whole lot of focus put on the It's more just like a little bit of a tangent or a tributary.
Speaker 4: Well, they needed to have some sort of focus on what other parents doing when the kids are away. But I just think they could have been more focused on more parents and just just the adult scene in general.
Speaker 3: Oh certainly. I mean if you were making this on a movie, I think that's absolutely what you do. Yeah and sorry, sort of like Springfield after Dark. Yeah, yeah, with the yeah, when it's just what the adults get up.
Speaker 4: What's an example of things that could have been done? What could the adults be doing that would normally maybe all the men go to the arcade. They can finally play the old arcade game games.
Speaker 3: The kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, parents can go watch a movie that kids running around the movies anymore.
Speaker 3: Wow, sounds like someone would the kids only theater and had to lay down the law.
Speaker 4: Just just it's kind of like when I have the curfew in the opeople, like we can go outside here.
Speaker 3: Lest thing. I mean, of course we've seen what it's like Springfield when the sun goes down and there are night spots and eateries and all that kind of stuff, but yeah, we don't really ever get a sense of what, yeah it's like as a town or as a city. So yeah, exactly what they get up to more. I've got to think about that a bit more. But yeah, I just like the idea of, you know, night times the time for grown ups.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the times the time for grown ups. Well it is yeah, yeah. Now this one here though, there's been talk that this one is kind of like a rip off of a Simpsons game that came out in nineteen ninety one, about a year prior. It's for the Game Boy. Now I have never played this game, but this game is called Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly. It is a nineteen ninety one platform video game for the Game Boy developed by Imagineering, published by Acclaim in North America and Europe in nineteen ninety one. The game was released in Japan in ninety three, two years later. In bart simpsons Escape from Camp Deadly, the player controls Bart from the television series to Simpsons as he escapes from an unpleasant summer camp run by ruthless counselors.
Speaker 3: Well, that sounds a little bit familiar.
Speaker 4: The plot is similar to that of the Simps that was a Camp Crusty, although the game was released near the year before and they have denied that there was any relation in the gameplay. So basically it says here, I won't read the whole thing, but bartonless to go to spend the summer at a camp which turns out to be the dangerous Camp Deadly, run by mister Burns's nephew, Iron Fist Burns. I'm fit Burns, who was honestly a picture of Im Fisher. How are you envisioning Iron Fist Burns to look? Let's have a look, obviously, get the game Boy version of what he looks like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's going to be all that detailed. But Iron Fist Burns like, sorry, his nephew, did you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just looks like a younger Monty Burns, basically like, that's him there, So that's that's what he's looking on the game. Boy, hang on, ads, ads, pop ups and ads, Hey, where are we? So there he is there. It's just mister Burns, but he's got a different hat. It looks like a beekeeper birds, but he's he's a counselor. Iron Fist Burns is in the game, and his intentions are to make sure that the children suffer and have as little fun as possible, refusing to allow them to leave until they are thoroughly miserable. In the first stage of the game, Butt and the other children play capture the Flag in a forest as part of the camp's morning activity, but it is harassed by camp cancelors and bullies, blindside Bill and rebound Rodney. Oh my gosh, liiteration was a big deal here. Apparently it must make his way through the nests of angry bees and other obstacles.
Speaker 3: Look all that works for a game. The fact that yeah, he's just a grumpoo or a grouch or whatever who wants to make life missile for the kids. Okay, damn kids. I mean I'm glad that the episode fleshed it out and turn it into sort of like a forced labor camp as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they can waltz for Gucci.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, otherwise, you know, what's the Oh, we just run a shit camp and you know we've got you know, the bullies as counselors or whatever. It's good that there's a bit of a reason that the kid that the kids are there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Apparently Jason Vorhes was one of the characters in the original version of the game. They took him out. Yeah, this reception is not great or three point four out of five. It's not terrible. No, no, But I want to play all these old school early nineties game Boy games and Superintenda games because I remember hiring one I think it was called Bart's Nightmare, and my god, I had no idea what was going on. It's just I know, I guess you didn't grow up in the nineties, but you'd hire games from the video store and quite often you'd never played it, and there was no cheats unless you'd call the five door a minute hot line. There's no way, mums let me do that. And you couldn't work at the first level, so you just played the first level over and over and over and over again. So many games from my childhood, I've played maybe the first two levels just and my mum was like, but you just played it over and over. You didn't you didn't see it. You just played the first two levels over. You knew once he got to the end of the second level, I might as well turn it off and on again because I can't do the third level, you know. So, yeah, I want to play these earlier Simpsons games, but yeah, Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly on the game Boy.
Speaker 3: Hopefully it'll work out better if we with the benefit of a little more life experience. I'm just imagining you just frustrated the end of level doing that. It's still not working.
Speaker 4: But what was shipped me though, and kids from the nineties can relate, maybe even the eighties, not sure, but you'd get the game cover and on the back of the cover you'd see screenshots of the final boss whatever. You're like, one day, one day, I'll get there. And now as an adult, you just go on YouTube and someone doesn't walk through it takes them like thirteen minutes to finish the whole game, and you're like, I spent thirteen years that couldn't get by the first level.
Speaker 3: I have spoken many times about the joy that I experienced at the Las Vegas Penny Parlort here in Geelong when I finally defeated goro oh in Mortal Combat.
Speaker 4: Did you really it's a big deal. Took a lot of twenty pieces when they tried and tried, and you finally do it, and the payoffs is nothing special like visually usually, but I did it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, it feels like a real sense of accomplishment.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Elliott collected these gems and crash bandicoot and he fucking he was there all day. He's trying, he's trying. I said, mate, does let me everyone me to do it for He's like, no, I'll do it. And then when I was sitting here him and.
Speaker 2: Go, yes, I do Dad, and I was like, you know, I'm actually.
Speaker 4: Fucking really proud of you, mate. You just you didn't give up. You persevered and you percive it and you did it. Good for you, buddy.
Speaker 3: It's a real yeah. It's a real sense of a coulisher. I felt like the last star Fighter.
Speaker 4: I was always like surprised. I was like, holy shit, the kid did it. He didn't give up a bitch, son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: My favorite things that I enjoyed from this episode. Yeah, I've spoken before about how Miss Hoover is kind of my spirit animal.
Speaker 4: Oh man, is she somewhat relatable in this or what right?
Speaker 3: It's like, let's just quietly run out the clock.
Speaker 4: I have nothing else to say to you.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: One of the best dirtiest lines, actually, one of the dirtiest lines I've seen from modern Simpsons is it's a forward episodes. It's a future one and Bart sleeps as adult Bart's Miss Hoover and he says, now I know why they call you miss Hoover.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, it's pretty Yeah, you knew there was a result like Missover prior to that.
Speaker 3: However, great soundtrack Q School's Out by Alice Cooper. What a fantastic song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, perfect, perfect for this scenarios.
Speaker 3: And apparently literally fits this. But at the same time, it's just got just got that great chorus that you can just school out for ever.
Speaker 4: And I was the nineties kid, it was well, we don't need no one to tell us what they do living in right, yeah society, yes.
Speaker 3: Right, while we're still in school. I just thought this was a great gay. I don't know if we've ever seen this teacher before or since.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, you don't know how world War two what we won?
Speaker 3: It was like, yeah, but you hey, you s a. I really got a good laugh. I mean, I know we said, yeah, it's not necessarily like a laugh a minute episode, but there's a lot of it's not faint praise to sort of chuckle at a gig, but also think that's just great, that's just really it's really smart. Yeah. Yeah, it wasn't necessarily like rolling around the floor at us A USA or the whole we won you world War two, but we won. I just really like how they how they put that together, Marge and Homer getting hot and having the shower and that was great. I mentioned earlier Ralph before you know, he's funny but not funny. And which of the bullies was I think it's Jimbo who you know they're talking about. It's crusty, crusty brand imitation grewel.
Speaker 4: This is Dolph.
Speaker 3: I was a dolph. Okay, sorry that nine out of ten's orphans can't tell the difference.
Speaker 4: Is it nine or eight out of ten?
Speaker 3: Other was nine out?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I liked you spoil a couple of my favorite moments there, and I've already touched on my gentlemen to evil and whatnot. But also I like the here's the cabin if you don't like it, ts, the.
Speaker 3: Younger members, the younger members. When I think about it, yeah, TS? What else? What else?
Speaker 4: I'm basically already covered all mine. We're going to do a full review, but I do have something for you and called trivia questions.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, okay, I'll accept it. Next question you there eating the Beast.
Speaker 4: First question for you is what's the new grading system according to bart Oh?
Speaker 3: Is it D, B, A C. Well done? Yes? While we're talking sequences of things, what are the lottery numbers that are read out on the radio.
Speaker 4: In order they're gonna check my notes? I know that eight is one that Homer does have, thirty seven is one?
Speaker 3: No? Five?
Speaker 4: Yes, forty no? What are they?
Speaker 3: They are seventeen, thirty two, five, eight and forty.
Speaker 4: Seven forty seven A and not thirty seven fool. Where what is camp Krusty below? Where is it situated? Oh?
Speaker 3: Is this in the song? Yeah? Oh, because I took something out of the song, but not that. Is it mounts something?
Speaker 4: I forget. What's happening when they're saying it? They're running down a hill?
Speaker 3: Oh? Mad avalanche? Yes? Well okay, what is it on the shores of them?
Speaker 4: Oh? No, what is it? Big snake lake? Big snake lake? Of course, yeah, because the snake's in the cabin and everything. Let's find one more. All right, here's one. I don't know his name, but i'll throw it to you anyway. Who is in the nurse's office when school's doing the countdown?
Speaker 3: Oh, and he's the one who says two. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's Wendell. Oh, which fits his bil because he's always the one who's sick on the bus and everything. Yeah, Wendell.
Speaker 3: Great name, Wendell, Wendell. Yeah, I've got a few more trip question.
Speaker 4: No one's going to give you one a lot trivia. It's it's a guy in Springfie. Let's just some more.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, then fine, Which of Bart's textbooks is still in its plastic wrapping?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's maths.
Speaker 3: It's maths? Yeah, or is our American friends say math math?
Speaker 4: Yes? What or how long has mister Black been the president of euro Krusty?
Speaker 3: He was, He was the president for fifteen years. Yes, yes, for blew up? What is in the oh? No, no, Krusty at Wimbledon? Is watching which match between which two players?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I know Becker is one now Boris Becker, Lyndall Lendall, Lendall, Ivan Lendall, Ivan Landell or varn Lndall. Apparently true, So Ivan Lendall versus Boris Becker? Was that the actual match? Let's have a look. Let's find out. We got the internet. Wimbledon's this is ninety two? Wasn't it Wimbledon? When did this air? Was this ninety two? Ninety two? Yeah, Wimbledon nineteen ninety two, let's google it. Boris Becker lost to Michael Stitch. No, so, yes, Leondar didn't play Backer. There we go. I thought maybe it was just Yeah, I think they're just a random name, throwing out two of the biggest names in tennis at the time. Yes, yeah, and yes, that was your trivia question. I'll find one more for you in my notes. Right, what buttons didn't work on the crusty brand calculator that Bart had.
Speaker 3: Was it a seven and eight or ok?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well good for me. Any more questions?
Speaker 3: Okay, one last question? Alrighty, what's in the cookies made by.
Speaker 4: March the jelly beans? Jelly beans sounds delicious kinda does and anything made by March it does not suck. I'm sorry, Konnie's just being a dick. True, There's no way Marge makes anything that doesn't taste good, right, She's March.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 4: Jelly bean cookie does sound good. Jelly bean cookie yeah, yeah, those little jelly belly ones, although they might get a bit chewy, because I like you. You have Eminem's and cookies. You've had one of those ones before.
Speaker 3: I'm aware of.
Speaker 4: Where like the chocolate melts, like chocolate chips melt in the cookie when it's oh my god, I'm aware they were delicious. Yeah. I was gonna do some stone kind of shoudouts before we get into review of Cam Krusty, go ahead, starting with the lovely Katy g with her one hundred dollar support. Thank you so much, Katy g Woo new a stonecutter. By the way, Glenn Gomez, thank you so much, Glenn for being a Stonecutter here at four finger discount, hold ug Glenn, Yes, Justin Parker, Zach Pruitt, Shanny Macha, Elliott, j O'Neil is A, Bella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean Dvi, Pete Anderson, Timothy Burls and Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental Planed Flood, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod, Martra Leven Ginger and Pickle Bella, Window Bank, Preston Murray, Talia Enriquez, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Sheper, Joe ridden Say, Dave Pretzels mcneally, Declan Phoenix, Gavin Lang, Charlie Joe, and Damian Miller. Thank you so much, guys for being Stonecutter's supporters here at four finger discount.
Speaker 3: You're keeping those lights on.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Yes, thank you so much for supporting us here and continue to support us here throughout what's been a Oh what I say, how would you scribe? Twenty twenty five? So far shit show? Okay, let's be a little more diplomatic.
Speaker 3: Turbulent times, turbulent terms.
Speaker 4: Yes, your support financially is definitely much appreciated here. Believe me, all right, let's get into a review of Camp Crusty. Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week. Our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Siefild and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. The original edit of this episode was in fact September twenty fourth, nineteen ninety two. It was written by David Emstern, who actually wrote Camp Crustier as well. He hadn't written episode. He hadn't written episode for eighteen years, and he came back to write that one, which is pretty cool wow, and directed by the legendary Mark Kirkland. The chopboor gig this punishment is not boring and pointless, and the couch gig is the family finds Fred Flintstone Wilma and Pebbles already sitting on their couch. Because there's a comparison between the Simpsons and The Flintstones. Well, of course, yeah, because I think they broke the Flintstones record for longest running animated show. Maybe sounds about roy because the Flintstones were primetime, right, yeah, yeah, anyway, but yeah, Flintstones I show that I've never I've put on once for the kids, and the kids just didn't seem to really. They like the Flintstones movie. They love Viva Rock Vegas, fucking love Viva Rock Corse good movie. We have said this, Yeah, very underrated movie. Stephen Baldwin born to play Barnie Rubble doesn't have the star power that the first one has. But man, it is a fun film. It knows exactly what it is and it just plays up to it. It's Bunny Ruble in the first one. Frick Miranda's right, Moranas, Yeah yeah. John Goodman is as Fred Flintstone. Yeah, ROSSI o'donald plays honestly. Who plays Betty in the sequel. I think it's Jane Yeah, fucking amazing Betty, amazing Betty and Baldwyn as as Barney.
Speaker 3: I'm perfect casting.
Speaker 4: I just say perfect casting. It's kind of like you look at it sometimes and you go they were made for that role. Much like matt first Shaggy. Yes, you watched you like, there's no there's no other Shaggy. If you ever make a live action Scooby, he has to be Shaggy.
Speaker 3: That's saying. I was no fan of Matthew a little loud. I thought he was an overacting goose. But I saw him not sanction his buffoonery. I did not sanction that buffoonery at all, but I saw him in Scooby Do. I thought that one. You're nol buddy, well done, good for you.
Speaker 4: There was one clip I saw on social media this week speaking of buffoonery and not sanctioning it. Of beaves and bunhead like accepting an award or announcing an award, added an awards ceremony, like presenting an award like they're animated into it, so they're not really there and everyone's going wildly Jones and he won't of an applause, You won't do andy? Is that sit the stone face?
Speaker 3: I think that's a bit of a regular meme. That one. It's that and it's a scene from No Country for Old Men, where he's basically just sort of looking at you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just sitting in the crowd, not impressed at all.
Speaker 3: Tommy A right.
Speaker 4: So the episode kicks off with it's the last day of school, and But gets his report card and unfortunately has all f's, and But says missus Kane, look, I need to see average Nord to get the camp crusty. So she changes it for him, and much obliged, Dole slaps her on the took us and immediately go, yes, something that's not right. And if that's not if that's not what triggers it's when she says I'm going to miss you. Yes, something's definitely up.
Speaker 3: What was it? Was the swat on the butt the first indication that this was a not quite real.
Speaker 4: But because I don't I can't remember my first impressions because I just remembered that this was a dream. I just I've seen it so many times I can't really recall when I first watched it. I think it would have been when he slept on the bum and she sort of laughed about it. Would have gone that's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the changing the fs to sees, you could almost buy made almost even that's a stretch. Yeah, then yeah, the little sweat on the butt, and it's like, yeah, that's okay. I'm a little confused and uh yeah. But we then realize, oh, we're deep in the middle of a dream here.
Speaker 4: And then Skinner of course announces, I hope you brought your implements of destruction. Oh shits, this is not real, and he asked the kids to torch permanent records are destroying the school. Apparently this is a take from the final sequence of Rock and Roll High School. Oh Yeah by the Ramones. I never seen the film. I love the song, I love Rockaway Beaches, I love the Ramones music. I've never seen the film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty good. It's been a long time since I've seen it. But basically it's just your sort of typical high school shenanigans with a lot of Ramones dropped in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty fast, it sounds perfect.
Speaker 3: No, there's some good stuff to there's plenty of stuff to enjoy rock and roll.
Speaker 4: There's actually a lot of cultural references in this episode. So another one was the scene where Lisa gives the bottle of whiskey to the men on the horseback. Do you know what that's a take?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, tell me about that because that.
Speaker 4: As a reference to Meryl strips seen from the film The French Lieutenant's Woman. Okay, some aspects of the episode of references to the novel A lot of the flies, yeah, of course, the pig's head on the spear, and the kids just wanting the pain similar to dash Bus, that kind of aspect with that his takeover and go crazy. The scene where Kennie beats a drum to meet the camper's work and the sweatshop is taken from the slave scene in the nine to fifty nine film Ben hur Mm hmm, I didn't know that one. The episode ends with the song South of the Board. According to the DVD commentary, the song was not sung by Frank Sinatra, but by another artist impersonating him. When Krusty is confronted by the reporters and he asks if him and Princess diet are just friends. A more cryptic reference was made when he confronted by another reporter and he retorts, what were you? Where were you when I sang it? Farm Aide. Apparently this is a reference which was inspired by Jackie Mason, who voiced Krusty's dad in the show, making the remark where were you when I marched in the civil rights movement? Apparently he made that reference to a reporter at some point, and that's a reference to that.
Speaker 3: Golly good golly. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's the last day of school when it's a dream essentially the destroying the school.
Speaker 3: Anarchy to the tune of Schools out by Alice Cooper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think bart having a gun at school something they'd probably avoid.
Speaker 3: Now, I imagine. So yes, yeah, I s and top as we've touched as we've touched on that, Yeah, you really should just avoid.
Speaker 4: It's not shooting people, but just a visual of a kid with a gun out of school. I just just want to avoid that kind of thing. Yeah. Also permanent records. That was never something I was ever threatened with a school. Granted I was a bit of a goodie two shoes at school. But are there a thing in Australia your permanent record or they just references something else. This is going on your permanent record. You always hear it, your permanent record.
Speaker 3: I mentioned this the other day with that song by the Violent Fans where it's like I hope you know this will go down on your permanent record.
Speaker 4: That's right, you did too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's ever referred to as such by teachers or anything like that. Maybe it is these days. You always heard about it. But then I was not quite as much of a goodie two's shoes as you were. I mean, I wasn't like the bad boy, but I know occasionally misbehaved. Honey, that's probably just the undiagnosed ADHD or something like that. But I remember when I was at Timbatop, the afore mentioned Timtop, a teacher pulled me and another kid aside. I think we're chaplain. We were just kind of talking and acting up and being silly, and this teacher, who I did not like and who did not like me, took us into the rund to sort of give us a bit of a finger wagging stern talking to. And he said to the other kid, he said, people are noticing you and your bad behavior. Any pointed, people already know about you, and you're bad. And I'm like, ah, what the fuck? Because I knew people, I knew kids who were much worse than me, who behaved much more bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've got a chance.
Speaker 3: You it's like you're already on notice. I'm like, what the fuck? Man are their teachers are? Like I would have loved if I said that. That would have been so great. Of course I didn't because it was cowed but had a child. But I think that was my first inkling in indication, was like, oh, they've written they've written notes about us, you know, and they get passed on from campus to camp.
Speaker 4: Talking about us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's of course they would and yeah, yeah, you get to be an adult, and it's like, I believe that fucking kid. Yeah, but having that said about it's like.
Speaker 4: Really talking about me, but you do know me? Yes. Mahomer wakes up, but he doesn't he and he says he was dreaming about being the last day of school. And Homer says, ye, well it is, and he cuts to June twelfth. This episode, as you record this will be going out to the patrons on June twelfth. What are the freaking odds that slide? Dan knows what he's doing, I know, right, and this date the last day of school in America was June twelfth in nineteen ninety two. Wow, yeah, but look what are the other we're recordings on June eleventh. This will go out in June twelfth, the same date the universe man.
Speaker 3: Loves this theory or four finger discounts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he says, how do I know this is a dream to? So Homer hits him over the head of the paper, despite a pinch being the more traditional way. Bart is then reading the Camp Krusty pamphlet over breakfast, and Marjor reminds Homer of his promise when you're eighteen, you're out the door. The other one, Lisa, says they're going to see average, They're going to be able to go to Camp Rusty, and she's gonna be one happy camper at the risk of standing of fate, modesty or whatever it was something like that. Anyway, she's bragging because she knows she's gonna get higher than a see average.
Speaker 1: Just remember when you see my report card. They got this whole new grading system this year and now those DBAC.
Speaker 6: Now listen, boy, we have an understanding, and you'd better keep your end of it. I don't think i'd be any kind of a father if you got DS and I let you go to Camp Krusty, Dad son, If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery.
Speaker 3: Numbers seventeen thirty two, five eight forty seven.
Speaker 4: We're now back at the school and the kids are cleaning out their lockers. Despite the bins being right next to them, they're still chucking all their shit all over the floor. And then Bart opens up his lock and it's thirty six twenty four to thirty six, a reference too.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm guessing it's like a it's measurements.
Speaker 4: This cover of numbers is a reference to the song brick House by the Commodorees. The measurements are used in the son to describe women whose measurements are thirty six twenty four to thirty six as brick houses. She's a brick house, Yeah, thirty six twenty four thirty six might my day?
Speaker 3: Yes, lend it all hangout? Yeah.
Speaker 4: He opens his locker and inside we've got such like an old potato experiment, a flute, an old sock well that's being used for who knows, a crayon box, and a sports footy shoe. And Jim Short said, I guess I've just never been worn. Ye.
Speaker 3: Did you keep a tidy locker? Nah?
Speaker 4: I mean, you like to start the year by saying it's going to be tidy, and you try and keep it tidy by the end of it, just like chuck a shit anyway, that's the same. Yeah, we always start with the idea of we're going to keep the house clean, and then once it's like the slightest bit dirty, ego, what's the point, what's the point.
Speaker 3: We're just going to come back anywhere. What's the point in going out?
Speaker 4: But then Miss Hoover she hands out the report cards and I've got nothing left to say to you. You don't mind, Let's just run out the clock. Spirit animal, right, I mean I will missus Kate will always be my girl. But you just can't help but imagine a night just getting pissed with Miss Hoover, just bitching about things. Would be so much fun. Oh god, she just has this. I don't give a ship mentality. Who do you think it would be more fun? I think miss Kay would be more fun, Missus Kay miss Hoover for two different reasons though.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sometimes you just want to wallow in misery and it feels good to do.
Speaker 4: So, remember Miss Hoover. She looks at mister Bird's painting he's mean or something.
Speaker 3: He's mean but he's gonna die, but he'll die, so I like it.
Speaker 4: He's evil or whatever. Then Bart's waiting for missus k to grade his books. First of all LIS plus plus four conduct conduct. Yeah, and then she doesn't conduct herself very well? Does she know?
Speaker 3: But yeah, Miss Hoover again just realizes that everyone needs a blotch on their permanent records. Get over much like a pell guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But now Bart's waiting for missus Kate gread his books or great his report cards? Sorry, and some of his textbooks are still in pristine called his some still in the visional Rabbit, Julie noted, and he tries to sort of I see like an angel and angel never flowing solow forget it, shot pants or whatever.
Speaker 3: Calling someone short pans is just a great slur. It's a good burn.
Speaker 4: He says, I need to get a sea average, have a D and somewheer. I'm like, oh, what a bit, But that's her way of getting back in him for being a shithead all year, absolutely life for summer. And then it's the three pm countdown the teacher's room. Did you see Willy spikes the drink. That's right, Yeah, spikes the punch before they before they look at what they're looking away, like that.
Speaker 3: Whole five four three to one thing with the various.
Speaker 4: In the bus windows in the nurses office. Then we just don't talk. Yes the key. The kids all scream and leave there all excited. The teacher explains that the World War II scene as we're talking about earlier.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, you didn't learn how well worked you end it?
Speaker 3: We won.
Speaker 4: The Skinner's looking out the window at all the carnage, and he's glad there's another year over, another year well done. He has really describe the talt's good and proper because he wants some sparkling. When he gets back, he puts on his sonnies and walks off, and I'm like, I want to know what summer as dorky as Skinner is in his earlier seasons, when he puts glasses on, he looks like a bit of about us. Oh yeah, I mean we come to learn that he is a bit of about us.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's down in Miami.
Speaker 4: You're doing something with mother. Oh he's taking Mother of the Florida quite possibly. Yeah, but he's he calls him a silk wearing buttercup that used to be the stick. Back in the day, Skinner would say something, he'd walk off and WILLI would call him a name. I was then driving the bus home, is excited for three months of Spaghettio's and daytime TV like sign me Up Brother and these nothing.
Speaker 1: But the.
Speaker 4: Kids are then running around new down the bus and there's just something about the last day of school, isn't There's this scene in particular reminder with the last day of school and kids are just running right and I've seen that busk. Yeah, it's your plans of what we're going to do over the summer. It's seeing who's going to be your new classmates next year, new teacher, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. It really is this wonderful transition, like it's the end of something. You've got a wonderful break ahead of you, which is just great. You're looking it's so much fun and it feels like it goes on forever.
Speaker 4: It really does. School some holidays feels like eight weeks is a long time. Oh absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But they also they're feeling like, I guess this is really because how are you thinking about, Oh, wow, what's it going to be like next year? You know, as you were saying, you know, oh, these are the kids I'm going to be sharing a class with. You know, some of them are going to be familiar to you, but there's going to be some new faces.
Speaker 4: Oh she's in my class.
Speaker 3: Is the process going to be different? You know? Am I up to the challenge all that stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It's And then sometimes sometimes they put your best mate in the other class and you're like, we'll never be friends again. I know this is but.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you remember your last day at school primary school ever, as in like the last day of high school?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I do. Yeah. It was just it was a real weird feeling because you just sort of to think, because you're old enough now by that point to go, oh this is this is it? Yeah, it's now time to be a big boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah up to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that does thing. It's up to me to make myself succeed. Now. I can't just come to school and hang out my mates, because that's the thing you miss from school. I think the one thing I took for granted anyway, was just the idea of you're going to see your mates every single day. Sure, you're guaranteed to be seeing your friends every single day. And once you finish school, you go, oh, we're now going to arrange to see my friends a single day. And you just lose touch. You really do, don't you. I found out I'm thirty six now to Nicola the other day. If I don't call my mates or missing maches, we just never see each other. Oh god, yeah, Look, you've got to make genuine effort.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of sucks.
Speaker 4: Kind of sucks. Yeah, and everyone has kids and they've got no time. And you're saying one of my mates the other day said, let's go, let's catch up, Like I think I'm free at the end of June. I'm like, how can it be six weeks? Oh, this is a couple of weeks. I'm like, what do you mean you don't have one hour spare the next six weeks? Like it just feels like hanging out is an effort.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just that last day of school, whether it's your actual last day of school, like yeah or whatever. But at the end of the school year, yeah, it just was like, oh, tick that one off.
Speaker 4: Oh you've got that youthful exuberance of like look at what what comes there, particularly in Australia because Christmas time as well. Of course Christmas is around the corner everyone. Everyone's in a better mood at Christmas time as well, So Australia.
Speaker 3: Is doing things better. You know, we've got summer time and Christmas time at the same time. It's chocolate and your peanut butter. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So back on the bus, Bart is changing the d's to a pluses and Lisa moxim, She's like, do it something plausible? At least they never going to buy this. Then Bart's watching the Camp Krusty commercial and Crusty scene is one week left to organize it. It's built on an ancient Indian burial ground as archery, wallet making the whole shebang, whatever he says. And there's a program of diet and ridicule.
Speaker 3: Which losing program of diet and ridicule.
Speaker 4: Which gets results so good.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: And the best part is you'll spend your summer with me. That's the that's the selling point. You're going to be spending someone with Krusty, which he knows is a lie as well, but he doesn't really sort of think about it all too much. And then Bart show Homer his card and Homer runs. Meanwhile, he was running over things with a lom the roll escape and then he shows the home. I love her as response, I don't really think much of it, do you, boy? No, I don't.
Speaker 3: He's turn into bees much more easily.
Speaker 4: You got greedy. I wouldn't believed the bee. But Hope lets him go anyway, Good look, good dad. He just wants the kids out of there as well.
Speaker 3: Well, he's a bit self serving in that regard.
Speaker 4: Now, the best father a boy could ever have, and ask him to reach under the mold to get the skate out. Yeah about it. So we come out from commercial and Marge is packing Bart's bag. She asked about the swim suits. Knee one's going to be swimming naked. I really like Julie's delivery here, so he says on the lines of what.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: You know you won't be doing that, you blithering fool.
Speaker 3: But some good jewelry line delivery.
Speaker 4: Yes, he thinks the human body is a beautiful thing. Homer walks in and asked if his back is getting harrier. Then Lisa is at doctor Peppert's office and she's asking for boosters for malaria, gem and measles and cephalitis Hanson's disease. But unfortunately she's just got an advanced case of hypochondria. What's the cure? Wobbi pop and then don't passionates me me doctor. Then it's time for the last family dinner for the next six weeks in March. They promise I wouldn't cry, but she bursts out, and she says, you're going to miss this then, but licks Homer's pickle, Well, he says, that's my pickle. That's only your name. When it licks it, Hoper drops it in the milk.
Speaker 3: Check me, mate, He's always thinking two moves ahead that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But now the time for the kids to leave. And I just love this.
Speaker 2: Will see you when you get back from immage and Hensman camp.
Speaker 3: Spare me your euphemisms. It's that camp for Daddy's chummy little secret.
Speaker 2: You promised you wouldn't make a seed Such.
Speaker 4: A little satisfied, isn't it. Margin Homer leaves a three leave it bes of four, eat some more, and then they are taking off and Barty don't go in my room. Lisa says, if the pet's die, I don't replace them, I'll know. I think they pause just long enough. Yet Oh yeah, it's it's a good four or five seconds are racing.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got to be sure the kids are shot.
Speaker 4: So they ripe at the camp and immediately as they're going over the bridge of bridge collapses. Krusty's message to them is on the television. You think there's a pan out, so that reveals on the TV. So you know from the get go this ain't going to go well.
Speaker 3: It truly is the crustiest place on the earth.
Speaker 4: It is. Indeed, Yeah, I do like mister Black. Is the start of the show here, right, ha ha, how do you like mister Black?
Speaker 2: II? Kid, welcome to Camp Krusty. I'll see you in a few weeks. Until then, I've turned things over to my bestest buddy in the whole wide world, mister Black. I want you to treat mister Black with the same respect you would give me. Now here's mister Black.
Speaker 3: Mister Black, very down to business, just such a just such a suit, yeah, and perfectly named. You're right, But what do you enjoy about him? Well, I just love the voice of the gag. I don't think he's a bad guy. He's just in it for himself.
Speaker 4: I don't think he'd go out of his way too if it wasn't if he wasn't profiting from this, he wouldn't be mean to the kids. But he's anything for a buck kind of guy, and I can appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we're very much anything for a buck here at the four Network. But also so it's such a bit of a I don't know if you describe it as a heel turn, but that moment that you've talked about a little while ago, gentlemen to evil, It's like, I didn't know you had this in your programming, buddy.
Speaker 4: I just think.
Speaker 3: I just thought you were a nine to five punch clock kind of guy. But no, you've actually got an evil plan.
Speaker 4: Well, at first, the thing was with mister Black. The thing is, I at first think that he is a guy who's just trying to make the best of a shitty situation. He's been put into this, right, he's he's worked for the Crusty Cooperation. He's been plucked out of Crusty Euroland. You've got to now run Camp Crust And he's like, all right, we're going to make do with what I can. So he's promising the kids the world. Crusty be here soon.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, guys.
Speaker 4: He's doing what he can. And as it gets more and more, he's like, know what, I'm liking this, Oh sympathy for mister Black to evil sympathy at the start where he's just like, I'm just trying to make the best of a situation here. I've got to ship. They've plucked me out and they put me here. Well, obviously it blew up, but you know they put me here. Maybe it's a punishment for your crush land blowing up. Who knows. Maybe, But he has to now run this show doing the best he can, and as he gets under you realizes it's actually pretty easy just eating but by a fire and drinking, Brandy.
Speaker 3: I've got to hit all these KPIs. Yeah, you know, I've got to convince these kids that christ is going to be here. Okay, I'll drag this drunk off the street. Yeah, all this kind of business. A bit of an unsung hero, you might be right, certainly, Yeah, an MVP of this episode. But yeah, he's someone you want on your team, mister Black.
Speaker 4: Except when he's like, I thought you said you brought their spirits. We did you brought nothing. Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to show new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sidefeld and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four finger discount. But he explains here how the counselors are now the three bullies, Kennie, Dolph and Jimbo. And we've never seen Nelson at Cap Crusty.
Speaker 3: I was curious about this. I just thinking he might emerge as the big bad. But no, just know Nelson this episode.
Speaker 4: My theory is that he couldn't afford to go. That's the app that is very logical of you. So then Homer joins Marge in the shower here. I like that. MARGIN wasn't expecting him to like, oh, I'll be out in a minute. No, No, I'm told, Oh, oh, so things are going to be going much better at the Simpson's household. Kenny then shows the kids the cabin you don't like a tars that is so good, a great way of getting a swear with into the Simpsons, but actually saying the swear word, and it's more Russic than Lisa expected. It got a really good musicqu here from our man Alf Lauson as well.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's.
Speaker 4: Clearly shit's not good here. It's it's like spooky Halloween, its horror music. And Bart sees the seal of approval, which makes him think, don't worry, it's going to be fine. He believes in crust Bart believes in Krusty. And if Bart doesn't, that's the thing. If he gets to the point where Bart no longer believes in Crusty, you know it must be bad things have gone south because he's the only one who's like Rusty. He's going to be coming, CRUs He's going to be coming, and he's one. Eventually snaps, but he sees the seal of approvals as Crusty would never do this if he didn't approve of it, and it says cuts to Crusty approving all this day.
Speaker 3: All the terble stuff. I love the one I think was the doll that had the spring just out of it, coming out of it, yeah, on the.
Speaker 4: Knife or whatever. Yes, Then we have him leaving for wimbled it's or whatever I'm going to leave for. I think it was a Wimbledon, not Wimbledon. I think it's just Wimbledon. So maybe it's just one of those garage garage human hold the kids and the roasting their pine cones whilst Courney lights the fire with some fuel. And then we get the Lisa the boat that it looks very very dangerous, show this is safe. I ain't getting any safer re animation that I enjoyed. That just that that really rocky, you know, rapid water yeap.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The sound design was fantastic as well. Yeah, it just it seemed downright lethal.
Speaker 4: Yes it did. It sounds like it looks like the camp from Hell. Yeah, and this is about to step in in and it collapses. Then we have Chief starving, bear Weight loss Center, a few balls of pan dribbings. I want some Crisco coming out of those pores, and we're not living until this Christmas Ham gives us a pull up.
Speaker 3: Christmas Ham that was probably the winner of that one.
Speaker 4: It's a little this Christmas ham gives me a pup. Then the kids are singing the crusty song, and it just allowed for a montage of various shit going wrong at the camps.
Speaker 7: Shop. Snakele No you swings see we all never.
Speaker 2: Faster from.
Speaker 7: Your cold music. We all right?
Speaker 4: And they're being served trusty brand imitation gruel, not in regular gruel. No none out of ten orphans can't tell the difference, as you were saying earlier than the bullies and mister Black sitting by the fire at at dinner table enjoying a feast, Yo.
Speaker 2: Mister Black, another branding gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Too evil, gentlemen to evil? I need you want to say at least one more time you can hold the hand up to it's evil, just rolling off your tongue. It's that's the ultimate villain line, to evil.
Speaker 3: I have a toast of evil. It's how we end every episode of four Finger.
Speaker 4: Just get's lost five pounds and he's growing new hair, and he's this close to having a comb over, and then they get into bed and.
Speaker 3: Just get it on.
Speaker 4: As you were saying, yeah, certainly, no, having a good time, very sexy episode, Jimbo and Dolph then come to turn the lights off early in the cabin because they're going to make some tail, some tail over the other side of the Like, I love that tail, and Lista is like, but I think we're going to die. We're going to die least I mean soon.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm so do I.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, at Wimbledon, Krusty is eating strawberries and having a great time and interfering youngly at it, just.
Speaker 3: Being an ugly American at Wimbledon, annoying the queen who he's sitting next to.
Speaker 4: Wow, he's going to be knighted, of course, yeah, it must be her guest apparently. But I do love that. The most English payout of all time.
Speaker 2: Ha ha.
Speaker 4: Then Marge's writing a letter to the kids, and Homer's now in the best shape he's ever been in. He's doing push ups and she's made them some jelly bean cookies and what does he say, like, strength? Doesn't one all those all the motivational words. Yeah, and she's made some jelly bean cookies. But unfortunately Kearney, you think the kids are written the letter, but Keernie has written the letter and he's eating all the cookies tubby mom the cookie sucked. So Lasta writes her own letter and she says the hikes have become grim death marches millhouse falls over. He's been bitten by a snake? Is it? Deckenzie in workhouses, workshouses making guccie wallets. Bar gets through though, believing that Krusty is coming across. He is coming. Crusty is coming, and she gives a letter to the horse right because the communication has been cut off. This is a takeoff of what we're saying earlier, The French Lieutenants Woman at Meryl Street starring Meryl Streep and Jeremy's Iron Oh really the bit of a Simpsons reference again there, Yeah, tie in and she closed by saying save us, save us now, and her parents are like, oh kids just common over here, Yes, yeah, just overreacting when we got to pick them up. They won't come home. We come back from actually before we cut to commercial there, we cut back to the kids and there's a storm. They're getting taken away what feels like a tornado. Next week, next timer, I'm getting a job. So now Homer and Marge they're out having a picnic and Homers are like, yeah, we're gonna miss the fireworks. We've got all the fireworks we need here. Fireworks can't buy here. Nolan and Nicholas like, yeah, what's a big deal blowing your fucking hand by Yeah, selling each other.
Speaker 3: Sending fire in Australia is basically one big tinder box.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think Australia, being say, such a hot country, you wouldn't want fireworks being in the wrong hands. Yeah, but mister Black has promised it is so good. I always missed this line. I've promised you would treat in lieu of dinner. That's right, I promise you, guys a treat and lou of dinner. I'm like, holy shit, if I have I never heard this larm before. And the man who took the militanery and turned into a summer wonderland. It is crusty the clown, which tends it to be Barney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in a very poor, crusty, crusty brain imitation outfit.
Speaker 4: But crusty. You know, guys, he has laren gas and a sore back, so he's not gonna be speaking or doing anything. And even Ralph is like, something's up here. He's funny. He's not half funny. Even Bart calls Barney, calls himself country the clan I believe, and says he's had enough, you know, rapid heartbeat from his crusty band vitamins, his calculator had no seven or eight and his autobiography was what.
Speaker 3: Self serving with many glaring emissions.
Speaker 4: But now he's cross the line. This is enough. We want krusty and anything bardy, we want crunchy, and we get there. You said you broke their spirits of the slap.
Speaker 3: You broke nothing. You broke nothing.
Speaker 4: And what is it to the It's what a bond villain says to the something hyperfoil, hyperfoil to the hyperfoil.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: So shit's going wrong now, it can't Rusty, it's not going to be going good at all. But the kids, the first thing they do is they help their brethren and they let out the fat kids. That's really great, it's actually good. What does he say, gorge yourself on.
Speaker 3: The freedom bud Chunky Brothers by Chunky Brothers.
Speaker 4: So good. Yeah, and Martin loves the gruel. Lisa starts handing out the male quality gets his brownies, my favorite of these, crandall insolent. Yes, Ralph gets he's a change of underwear. Ralph's design here by the way, I know what happened here with the animators. But Ralph has the oddly shaped head in this scene. It looks like he usually has a round head, like a melon. This is almost like a watermelon on its side. It's like a oh, like an opall. Almost looks like Gerald no Jerrefrom even jeffrom handle. But it looks like I'm aware of the show Arnold a button up. It looks like a button nut pumpkin as opposed to a round pumpkin. Oh, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I'm probably more familiar with cartoon characters than I am with actual vegetables. I'm aware of a button nut pumpkin, and I'm aware of the shape of this head that you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yes, but then raises camp Bart the flag you said you're gonna do camp Freedom. No, No, this has more z in to it, and we cut to Crusty. So the gag here being that he was about to be knighted, and now he's never going to be so crusty because they interrupted him just before she officially dubs him a knight and he races off. Homer and Marge now doing yoga with Sir d D. Dimmer barrow Dad's yoga party. Some of those lines, who shall we say, sounds more than a little pooh he does. Indeed, I always love the delivery of your neck is the It just sounds relaxing. Oh yeah, just relax.
Speaker 3: There ain't no party like this yoga party. It seems very chilling.
Speaker 4: Out margin Homer having a great time. They are relax are doing yoga. Then que news story. Brouckman's there is on the case I've been to. All these various wars.
Speaker 3: Should be called Brockman hyperbole. But it's like Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq. I don't I say, with no fear of exaggeration, these camp gruss is a million times worse, my man.
Speaker 4: They said the three councelers are missing and feared scared, presumed scared. Then it's revealed here we're going to be having a word with the ringleader. Please don't be the boy. Be the boy, and it of course is the boy. Yeah, his gut pops out, his hair falls down. Feel sorry for the guy. He's making genuine eff and he's having a great time. But Bart says, crap your hair? Can you say that our network. Then Crusty arrives.
Speaker 3: I have a shout out to Fox and it's.
Speaker 4: And Crusty arrives on his helicopter and we get a question here, did is it a true you attemped to suicide? When you heard the news? I was like whoa oh? And then the next one, are you and Princess died? Just friends? I was like, oh princess woh yeah, that one will never not hurt, right, Princess died. I remember my mom was so sad when that happened, like she just she loved Princess die my mom.
Speaker 3: It really did a number on so many people, didn't. I mean, it honestly felt like a dream.
Speaker 2: I'm no fake, I'm the real Krusty. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Who played your daughter in the short lived SITCO President Clown?
Speaker 2: I don't know her name, but she held a p a liquor store. Last year I.
Speaker 4: Would watch President Clown.
Speaker 3: You can't remember her name, but she did rob a bank.
Speaker 4: She had a po liquor store, a liquor store. Sorry, yeah, then they they well, that's a bit of a shout out to. It was a Dana Plato, who was the daughter on Different Strokes. Yeah, yeah, because apparently, Yeah, she sort of went by the wayside a little, she did, indeed, Yeah, that's right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was. I don't think it was cool time for any of the kids on different strokes, Kids, famous kids, man, look a Drew Barrybole. She's wit, but she had a troubled youth. She certainly did.
Speaker 1: How could you, krusty? I never lend mine into an inferior product.
Speaker 2: They drove a dump trug full of money up to my house.
Speaker 6: I'm not made of stone.
Speaker 4: One of your favorite quades of all time. We put a dumb trunk of money to my house.
Speaker 2: I'm stone.
Speaker 3: Anytime anyone's to sell out on the stance, I just love it.
Speaker 4: And Bart explains how terrible it is a bear one of the kids, Oh goddie's hat?
Speaker 3: Was it a good hat? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh god.
Speaker 4: So it takes them to the happiest two weeks and the happiest place on earth, Tea South of the Border. And I guess this was a fun out for this for the story, right, Oh yeah, A nice way to wrap things up. It's a happy ending. Ye, Crusty as his reputation kind of restored, the kids have got a good experience out of it. You know, something good came out of something bad. They've got to have great times with Krusty South of the Border.
Speaker 3: I think it's a win win.
Speaker 4: It probably would have been nice to have seen the bullies getting their come up, and so I know they run away in fear, but would have been nice to have seen them like tied up to something or whatever.
Speaker 3: That's true, but I think running away in fear is enough of punishment for a bully.
Speaker 4: Or making them eat the gruel or something. Oh yeah, anyway, but yeah, Camp Krusty and iconic episode for many reasons. Not the funniest one, but there are so many moments in this and it's just super relatable.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, very satisfying episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good way.
Speaker 4: We've all been to a camp of some kind throughout our lives, so we can think of what was like being at camp, being at last day of school, being a parent now with kids being out of the house, that aspect that the story is now more relatable for me.
Speaker 3: I think we've also all had shitty holiday experiences that didn't live up to the hype. Yeah. Yeah, we've gone to a resort or gone to any sort of location of thought. This Holt is going to change my life, Tendi dates, It's gonna come out with so many memories and such fond recollection of the place and get there is kind of this is a dump.
Speaker 4: What's kind of like how I talked up that food venue last week and last week's show to my friend and he gets there and they forgot his food.
Speaker 3: That's right, you're not friends anymore now, friends anymore?
Speaker 4: Indeed?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: But yeah, so Cam Krusty. I was really looking forward to go back and revisiting it because I had not watched it for a long time, and a lot of gags I would have known about it, I'd forgotten, just forgotten about, Like I was saying, the I promise you with something in lieu of dinner. There's little lines like this. There's so many lines in the classic Simpsons that don't get like, they don't highlight that it is there, and if you don't listen, you miss them.
Speaker 3: But that's that's the reason that these seasons of the show and these episodes of the show have lingers. So, I mean a lot of it's got to do with the stuff that really stands out. Yeah, But overall, it's just a cumulative effect. It's compounding interest of just gag after gag, and it's like I didn't necessarily hear it the first time. I'll get it the first time even but it's like, oh, it's there, as the old linees, you didn't notice it, but your brain did, and it just yeah, so this is the reason you enjoy it. It's like, oh, and then when you actually discover it and it stands out, it's like, oh, I knew there was a reason I like this episode, and plenty of reasons to like campcrast it because there's a lot in there.
Speaker 4: Indeed, now next month for Guy on Springfield, Uh huh? Should I can give you the choice. It's Alliot's birthday next month in July, right, so al it's gonna be having a party. So should we have a theme of party based episodes where there's a party involved? Or should it be winter because it's now winter in Australia's whe's some of for Americans winter for Australians.
Speaker 3: Oh godd, So you're going to make me come across like an absolute grump, like a screwge if I say, screw that kid's birthday, let's do it winter? It feels like there'd be more stuff in winter. I'm sure there are great party episodes. Fact, I'm sure. Let's do the party. I didn't say a word.
Speaker 4: Then you just talked yourself around to it. Okay, we'll be party.
Speaker 3: Party.
Speaker 4: She's like, I want you know what scratch that reverse it?
Speaker 3: What do you think that party?
Speaker 4: I just like watching the cogs in your head does slowly move.
Speaker 3: The rust is sort of falling off them. Party. So we were a party?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'll pick out Pete. I'll pick three episodes that have a party involved in some way that can be what the patrons can vote on for next month's go on Springfield.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even necessarily have to be central to the episode. You'll just be yeah, thinking of what's it? The ones there's a flying ice cube?
Speaker 4: I know I put it there. That's that's that's the ones of the part of it, not those dunts. The ones the Barton when Waters leaning over his waste, that's the war of the sentences where he goes the catfish. Good episode.
Speaker 3: All right, Well know we're not playing favorites here. We're gonna name names and you know, plenty of parties and the lovely listeners get to choose. We've already revisited a Millhouse Divided with our man radio Mike, where mill House's parents they have the dictionary, have the pictionary?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dignity, I recognize negnity. But I'll find a few parties in the Simpsons and that can be what you guys can vote on for next month's Guy on Springfield review. If you want to vote on that, you're going to be a support of ours on Patreon, so link for that in description of this podcast. We shall be returning next week with a season twenty review, regular programming as per usual, and we've been doing a mail bag in a couple of weeks as well. But for now, mister Davis, this has been our review of Cam Krusty. Thank you so much, guys for all of you support and you find words. For those incredible listeners out there, just.
Speaker 3: Drive a dumb truck of money up to our houses. We're not made of stone.
Speaker 2: S