Speaker 1: We're here for another one from the XRP Live event in Vegas, and of course this is going to be a good one because I bought my friend Abs coming in from good evening Crypto, How are you event?
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Listen, this has been fun two days here, NonStop action on stage. You look at all the things that happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: What was your favorite? I thought Brad was a superstar yesterday. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And one of the things that I loved was David Schwarts taking the time to speak with everybody off stage.
Speaker 2: Do you see the clip did you guys do that? Yeah? That was my friends, That was Johnny Crypto who.
Speaker 3: Asked him that questionastic and I loved how we teed it up with the Charles Hoskinson criticism and worked into the Clarity Act because what David said that was actually very telling was, yeah, the current state of the Clarity Act does give Ripple and the current projects that have been given that commodity status a big free pass compared to everything else that that's at its inception right now. But he said that the industry needs it, and he said, we're never going to get a perfect bill, but the fact that we're right at the finish line, both sides are contentious, it looks like it's going to get done, and I thought that was pretty powerful for someone like David Suzeth.
Speaker 1: Well, and you saw the standing, oh the iris sworts gets here at this event. But the interesting point that I think was made was built around what was happening on Clarity, and we talked about this really quite at length. But I think it's important to really understand this is not necessarily a necessity for Ripple to kind of move forward. The real question is what is going to be their roadmap going forward. If it doesn't, what do you think would be their next step.
Speaker 3: I think Ripple's going to continue doing what they're doing, acquiring real companies, putting those companies on blockchain products, and eventually they're going to migrate to products like RUSD and the XRP ledger. The biggest difference between Ripple and every other blockchain product in this base, in my opinion, is Ripple.
Speaker 2: It is the fact that Ripple has.
Speaker 3: A forty billion dollar treasury and eleven billion dollar ballons sheet, and they're going to go out and acquire companies that create real demand that's sustainable.
Speaker 2: You don't see any other projects doing that.
Speaker 3: And as much as I love to play Charles Hoskinson on my show is very entertaining, I think his criticism is fairly unwarranted. If you look at what's happening on the Cardinal Network as opposed to what Ripples building, They're in totally different classes. It's like comparing Apple or Amazon to friendlies or an ice cream shop.
Speaker 2: Almost. I had Charles on last week. It was interesting.
Speaker 1: I pushed back a little bit when he was talking about Rippling kind of the strategy behind it, and I said, listen, the flywheel effect, to your point is that when Ripple does make a sale, that money is injecting back into the ecosystem, which is then injecting into the Xope Ledger, which is building. Of course, companies, products services, easy ad does a whole launch here at this event, and it was like a shark tank. I didn't know what to expect. I walked over there yesterday. Two hundred guys in there. Wow, building on the Ledger. I met like fifteen people like that, all of which and I think the winner was an eighteen year old Amazing that is building on this. So when you hear that ABS does that make you feel like, all right, this is going to be the future for me.
Speaker 3: I feel like blockchain right now we're at a pivotal time when I think we're really moving from the speculation bubble, and I know there's going to be speculators who come in post clarity, but we're starting to focus on real products.
Speaker 2: And that's why these developers are so important.
Speaker 3: Like a guy like me, I love covering these topics, but those are the real people who make a difference in the space building those real world products. And you brought up something that I find so important, which is that demand is sustained when it comes to real companies tapping into the Ledger. A lot of times we see the demand come in, the narratives go up, and then the price is crash on the back end. If something like g Treasury starts tapping into blockchain products, that demand is going to be sustained for years and it's going to continue to build well.
Speaker 1: And the point behind this in terms of innovation, you look at Ethereum and what they've been able to build in a very i'd say short time. If you look about twenty seventeen to where we are right now, not even a decade. Yeah, imagine where we are in a decade on the XRP ledger. Oh, especially post clarity, whether it comes through this cycle or post you know what we're going to see in the midterms. Yeah, I think the opportunity here in terms of company innovation is really big for ripple On. Of course, that is the big play here right now. When you look at the position right now on the FED warsh coming in.
Speaker 2: The concern that everybody has is that there's not.
Speaker 1: Enough votes right for them to do a cut.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is a cat and mouse game with share Powell currently. If he leaves at some point and Trump can assign another FED chair or now or FED participant governors, that may give them the votes they need. And timing wise, if we ease up in Iran, inflation may still hold, but we're still losing job may maybe that's the data that would need when.
Speaker 3: The straight of Horn moot situation is very interesting because I can follow the headlines. You think we've won thirty five times and obviously we're still over there battling it out. But what every single time oil hits about one hundred and twenty dollars, Trump comes out and makes an announcement over this weekend. I don't know if he did it because we've been so busy during this week traveling the Bitcoin conference.
Speaker 2: The XRP conference. I did see oil hit one hundred and twenty dollars, but I think that's going to be the major factor here.
Speaker 3: If ifsh comes in and it's in its current circumstances, I'm not sure they're going to be able to reduce rates. I mean, that's just the logical conclusion. But I'm not sure where your opinion would be at Well, I look.
Speaker 2: At it this way.
Speaker 1: The thing I think Warsh is really put up against right now is the rising inflation and it continuing to hold okay, But the problem.
Speaker 2: Is is the FED has two mandates.
Speaker 1: Not only is it price stability, it's also jobs stability. Yeah, so jobs are not online with where we need to be, and it continues to decline if we continue to see the AI push, which, whether you believe it or not, the timing is a little bit surreal that we're not getting new jobs. AI is now climbing, yeah, especially in the white collar. So I'm a little concerned if that continues to fly. Now you're dealing with stagflation issue, and at that point, I think the FED has no point but to be able to go in and try to reset the market. I think there's gonna be a cut this year. I might be wrong. I love that, but it would only be if there's one caveat, and that is if Powell steps away, right, because we would need that extra.
Speaker 3: Vote to give them, And it's a big caveat because if you listen to him, he seems prety vindictive.
Speaker 2: Right now, he says I'm not leaving. It's like the Leonardo DiCaprio quote in what Wolfele Wall Street. Right.
Speaker 3: So I think it's an interesting time for that as well, because when you listen to the Jerome Powell situation, I think he's gonna do everything he can to make it really difficult. As as much as I wish that wasn't the case. I voted for Trump. I support Trump. I'd love to see them reduce rates. Jerome Powell that whole lawsuit, remember the three billion dollar lawsuit that's going on. So it may be more personal than it is political.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I think it's clearly been drawn out that way. Yeah, And Powell said said it on stage at the FOMC meeting the other day, he said, listen, until I'm fully exonerated, I'm going to continue to do my job here, just like you know I've always done. And I think Trump is now playing a game of chicken with him as to which one is gonna you know possibly.
Speaker 2: Well, we know nothing about Trump.
Speaker 3: He's a winner, right, So in the end, I think Trump hopefully can sustain this battle and eventually we will see a reduction in rate.
Speaker 2: And the job crisis is a huge problem. You listen to the numbers.
Speaker 3: They're often reported and then they're revised a few months later, so which is usually worse, right, much worse. And so if that's continues, then I'm not sure how they can prevent it.
Speaker 2: But you know more than I do when it comes to these matters.
Speaker 3: And if you're telling me we're getting a rate cut, I'm gonna lean into that.
Speaker 1: That good God, we'll see if that's gonna happen, right, all right, guys, you know what know what to do? Of course, covering the x RP Las Vegas event here with abs and many more. Of course, today's gonna be a big lineup. We've got a lot happening here we'll try to bring more content to you. Be watching the show of course for a good evening. Crypto, you guys are covering the event as well, and absolutely are you doing today the special.
Speaker 3: Actually, we're gonna be doing a bunch of in person interviews. We're releasing them all next week, so go all right, be awesome. Thanks for having Mela, you bet as always.
Speaker 2: We will catch you guys later on the Take care to dist