Speaker 1: Heylus to Commander Who Go Podcast Episode four sixty. I'm brand O. I'm here with Ryan and we're gonna break the glass with zimone colts leave Austin three sixty now and our tan. Hey Ryan, we're back for yet another whirlwind adventure. How you doing good? What is going down? Whole bunch is going down. We're back together. After you were in Toronto and I was at ed H and M and also getting totally stomped at Dusk Moore and sealed that game M. We got some stories to tell, some people to thank, some other stuff to talk about. We're gonna deck this week, which is pretty cool. Before we get to any of that stuff, we have to think our official business Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot Com. They are your soores for all your gaming needs. Also, big shout out to Pile the Bones Brewing Cold. They are the second coolest thing to come out of Regina and they are the official beer sponsor of c CEO Sidewalk Slam Season two. Right here, I do too, Oh.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, so get this, get this, everybody. We've been talking about Sidewalk Slam for a good long while.
Speaker 1: Now we have we got players locked in, players locked in.
Speaker 2: We've got recording date.
Speaker 1: Recording date.
Speaker 2: We haven't told producer Gary yet, but should we he'll be here, he'll hear it. Yeah, it's fine. Yeah, And we are going to do the next game of Sidewalk Slam to be released in early to mid November, when editor Tyler can eventually get to it once we of course send it to him this time.
Speaker 1: Yes, very important.
Speaker 2: That's thing one.
Speaker 1: Yes, Thing one, Thing two, Thing two. Very cool.
Speaker 2: Got to spend some time and chill out, have piece of pizza with the biggest of business daddies from Fusion and he's having a baby. Oh yeah, so congrats. It's not for a while, it's not like not until January or whatever.
Speaker 1: But congratulations to the big bad booty daddy himself, owner of Fusion Gaming Online dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very much so. And if you want to get a discount at Fusion, you head on over to Fusion Gaming Online dot com. You find what you want to buy, you type into the promo code bar or field when you're checking out CCO Summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happens.
Speaker 2: That's gonna get you a discount. What now, here's the thing. It's your first time shop and because we've got some new subs thanks for being here. You're gonna type in CEO perks if you spent over one hundred Canadian dollars because the website is in Canadian dollars, and then you're gonna get a ten percent store credit kickback. That is ten percent of the value of your order credited back to your account that you can then use as store credit on whatever you want where you can then with store credit use CCO Summer Promo code.
Speaker 1: Again like the Undertaker again again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so wanted to mention all of that. Got a little bit of podcasting business, a couple little stories and some questions because this deck's gonna go by pretty quickly, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's cool though. Yeah, the story behind it is the reason why I think that we're doing it. And the name. The name is really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very much. So we're gonna talk about the deck in a second. It is uh, well, we'll let the cat out of the bag. It's Zomone Mystery Unraveler.
Speaker 1: For those of you who were watching our reviews of the pre cons from this particular set a couple episodes ago, right, we said this was the shittiest one and we were right, but a member of the nation did take it upon himself to come up with a super cool list that he thought that both of us would enjoy and then send it off to us. And he did and we do. So we're got to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll start with this then, my little bit of a recap of Command Fest Toronto last weekend. I did a full recap like like we usually do when we go. I did that on Commander at Populum because I was the only one there. Big thanks to producer Gary for starting the thing. So you can see the uh the thing if you're watching on YouTube, which should yeah very much so you'll see the Commander ad Populum screen behind me now that the twoke isn't here to block them half the screen. But I did a recap there. But I wanted to say that the Simic pre Con was not the last one to be sold out.
Speaker 1: What was the last one? I am genuinely heurious.
Speaker 2: The last one to sell out was the Gulgari one. That was the one that we had the for the longest time. Throughout the weekend, I worked at the prize wall with face to face games sure and got to do like when people cash out their prize tickets at the end of the weekend. Yep, and oh man, so much actual fun to do. It was work, but I like to work, right, so and most of what I had to do was like seeded work unless I couldn't reach something. So it was great for being on crutches with my stupid broken leg, right, but giving out play mats and cashing in prize tickets for singles or or for like sealed product or pre condex and stuff, you know how it's all merchandized. I got to set all that up to make it look like the way if I was walking up to the booth how I think it should should look, right, like all the biggest ticket items and the old pre cons and the real baller shit like up on top, you know, yeah, right, And then all the singles in the showcase, all labeled with however many tickets they cost. And then all the booster packs and sealed product and stuff. Man, I convinced so many people to pick up with price tickets. They're Lord of the Rings collector holiday edition booster packs. It was the most expensive single booster pack on the wall, if you don't count the the thirtieth Anniversary Beta repacks, because those aren't even you can't even pick those up as single packs. They had sealed versions of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Jesus.
Speaker 2: So the Lord of the Rings Holiday Edition, I sold a bunch of single packs to people and this is my favorite. This is my favorite sell up of the weekend.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day.
Speaker 2: But he comes over and he's like, man, this that I wanted they got bought up. He wanted like some Judge foils or whatever, and the pre con that I want is gone because it's like the end and end of the day on Sunday, of course they're gone. Yeah, I sold some Lord of the Rings pre cons. Right, So this guy comes and he's like, what should I do? I kind of wanted to gamble on this or that now, but that's gone too. And I'm like, I point to where I was sitting. Right above me is the Lord of the Rings holiday packs and he's like, how much are they? I'm like, how many tickets you got? Because I took all of them and I gave him five collector packs.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of tick.
Speaker 2: That's lots. That's like a seventy dollars booster pack. Seventy well, he won a tournament. He won, like like a modern like qualifier tournament or something. He won like four thousand.
Speaker 1: Tickets and he cashed him in just.
Speaker 2: Like at Ruckers Baby. So he comes up, he gets these things. He gets five tickets, and I got him to pick. There were seven packs in the box. He picked five, and he got fucking pounded, got pounded on everyone. The most expensive card he opened was like a like a pooster watcher in the water foil, which fine is like a thirty five dollars card. Forty dollars card. You wouldn't hate to open that out of a booster pack.
Speaker 1: That's great, to open an a one hundred and twenty dollars pack, that's perfect. Pounded.
Speaker 2: So last card, last pack, poster won ring Baby, and he's like what.
Speaker 1: He's like banging the table, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he shakes my hand. He's like, man, best decision of the weekend. I think, like the deck I played and then I won, and then I spent you know, four thousand, like four hundred dollars worth of prize tickets on you know, four hundred dollars worth of packs or whatever. And he's like, I got a five hundred dollars card out of it?
Speaker 1: Did you hit him over the head with a sock full of sand and take the card for yourself?
Speaker 2: I didn't, come on, man, Well, what was I supposed to do? Run away from all his friends? He had like three bros with him.
Speaker 1: You had a whole gang.
Speaker 2: Well, I suppose, but they're all they're all magic nerds.
Speaker 1: These guys were big.
Speaker 2: I only have one leg.
Speaker 1: You could probably still run, though I.
Speaker 2: Did threaten to harpoon people with my crutches if they ran off with my stuff.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: So that was my one story. I I I played some Chaos Sealed. It was I got a booster, a collector pack of Dusk Morn Sure, and then I got a play booster of Bloomborough and then I had a.
Speaker 1: Like a draft booster of nineteen and it was like.
Speaker 2: In a Chorea pack or something. Didn't even lose a game, didn't even take damage. One game, Wow, fricking took everybody's deck that I beat playing fucking keeps, bitch, didn't even lose a card. So that's that's that's how we roll. When I'm not playing Commander, I love to play limited for keeps because what am I gonna do with the cards in Leicster're yours. I'm gonna keep yours, probably gonna get recycled, keep yours forever, though. So I wanted to tell those kinds of stories because those are the kinds of things we're gonna be doing at the CEO Experience Calgary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buddy, and I know that you're excited. I am.
Speaker 2: The venue is relatively close to your favorite restaurant and bar.
Speaker 1: On the Earth, and we're gonna drink it in Calgary on the Earth. You know what, Well, you haven't been to everyone of the Earth, well, all the ones that I've been to on Earth.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair. Every time I think, wow, jeez, brand, it's a CECO Experience. So many people, let's like, let's do something together. I don't want to go to the Unicorn that's the name of it. Yeah, and wait in line or it's so noisy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then I think it's worth it.
Speaker 2: They got the Twisted Horn, they get the Twisted Horn beer. Yeah, I'm gonna drink like seven of them.
Speaker 1: Absolutely you are, yeah, m hm, not even gonna feel bad about it? No, Yeah, so that's good.
Speaker 2: That's coming up. Planning has officially taken off. I am going to send out a message to all of our active patrons. We've got a channel set up in the discord for Calgary specifically, I've tagged you in a couple things with like lists of people that are confirmed so far.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 2: So if you're a Patreon supporter and you want to get in on Calgary or be a part of it in some way, even if you're not gonna like stay in the house with us, because it's pretty full and they don't have airbnna is big enough for all of us. So if you want to be involved in some way, let me know. Reach out Twitter, Facebook, Messenger, Discord, patron email and we can get you involved, even if it's like part of the This isn't official yet, but I'm gonna say it on the show anyways.
Speaker 1: I urge them.
Speaker 2: I want to try and make like a special CEO experience package through the tournament organizer, so when you get to the event, you're a CEO person and they all know it and they give you your special pack, then I don't have to organize like packs and open flippies and special products and merch that I want to give out for this exclusive event. I just want them to handle it all and then and then we can do what we do, which is playing magic and drink beer. Man.
Speaker 1: I love playing magic and drinking beer. Yeah, I was sure playing magic and drinking beer right now.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, right after we're gonna talk about magic, and then after we're gonna.
Speaker 1: We're gonna drink the stunt beer.
Speaker 2: We are gonna drink these stunt beers because we're gonna get some new ones and show off some new pile of bones product.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope it's the fruit Loop beer. I talk about that all the time. I hope that because then.
Speaker 2: I'll have Yeah, f you g Off was that Well this was like a year ago, but the last time I saw him he was drinking. He was drinking fruit Loop beer. It's good, Yeah, I have I've never actually tried it.
Speaker 1: You didn't even try it when we were at the brewery.
Speaker 2: No. I got ones that I knew I liked already, and usually we don't like the same kind of beer, so I did not try it. Man. Anyways, speaking of things that I do like, Okay, we have a new slash returning Patreon supporter.
Speaker 1: Making new friends is something that we like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, this is an old friend that came back. Okay, she didn't want to be our friend for all that a while. Now she does.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, as long as she's my friend currently. This is Angelica Simpson.
Speaker 1: Like Angelica Jinks, I don't miss Angelica drinks. Nope, it's a fire Stars nickname who's Firestar is a spider Man's College roommate.
Speaker 2: Spider Man's College roommates, dogs, veterinarians, cousin yep, like that, Angelica Star. I want to see pictures of Angelica Star. That's what I want.
Speaker 1: See. That's a dirty reference I do get because star can mean buttle.
Speaker 2: I think they got it good.
Speaker 1: Okay was I just for those of you that didn't get it. Now you have it now and you may do with it what you will.
Speaker 2: Angelica Star okay very much so. Yeah, and she is coming to Calgary, Hell, yeah, she is. She is going to have her first Cecio experience and open some booster packs and eat some food. Maybe she'll get some twisted horns. That's a beer, not a euphemism, correct, though.
Speaker 1: It could be. It could be no king shaving in the nation. Yeah, no, absolutely said it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the thing. And yeah, I think I think that's mostly.
Speaker 1: You want to get twisted horns in your star? You do you man?
Speaker 2: I I kind of do. I kind of do. Is that that's like that's like saying I want to butt chug it right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that. Hey, where's when's the next BBO on the CCOYDC coming up? I just saw the picture.
Speaker 1: Oh it's coming up in let me think.
Speaker 2: It's Brando's box opening.
Speaker 1: Today when people are listening to this is going to be like the seventh So it's a couple of weeks still because I'm waiting on the dust more in a collector edition bundle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The TV ones yep.
Speaker 2: I had those in my hand, but we were not allowed to sell them. They got shipped to the command Fest by accident. And they're like, oh my god, we're not even supposed to have these.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you know what, I would have all of them, all of them, just what is this crime? And they were like, yeah, this is crime. We can't have these. And then they put them in the back and then I take them out of the back and put them in the car.
Speaker 2: And yes, I did think of that. But being the upstanding, upstanding citizen that I am, I.
Speaker 1: See that's why I wouldn't take one of us. You should have both of us, because Ryan's an upstanding citizen and I'm an degenerate piece of shit. Put together, we balance each other out where I pull him down to my level and he lifts me up out of the mud. So we're you know, we're fine. Seven out of ten.
Speaker 2: While speaking of seven out of ten and in the mud, we've got a deck by mister Hunter mackenzie and he sent in this, this zimone deck. Not the pre con, not even anywhere close. Have you run into any precons yet? Yes, we talked about it a little bit yesterday, a little bit of a pre show, So give us a little reminder if you want the full, the full pre con deal, as well as our thoughts on the bannings again the RC and WATSI and the commander bracket kind of rules zero thing that they're developing all yesterday on the CECO pre show.
Speaker 1: I think there's an audio only version of that as well.
Speaker 2: There is it is like what was it the Pretty sucary thirty four minutes again long pre show is over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Lots of conversation happened there yet stuff. I think it's interesting. I was there, and I would know. I bumped into two of them, one of them twice. So there was the red black one, and it basically performed the way that we thought it would a.
Speaker 2: Semons and damage all the time.
Speaker 1: Right, it's supposed to do damage to opponents on their turn, but it seemed to do mainly damage on the deck's turn, which didn't really help it do the thing that it wanted to do. And the other one was the enchantment deck, the Amanatu one saw that one two times one game. The built in infinite combo went off, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that person went no, no.
Speaker 1: Actually we managed to get him in and get back around to him, put a win con, put an infinite win con in mind. Hey watsie, I'll show you. It doesn't even get there. So but it did again, kind of the same gimmick where it's only got like eighteen enchantment sentence. It's a miracle if you draw one to miracle it into play. It was not not impressive.
Speaker 2: That's fine, that's fine. So today we've got zimone zimone called Sleeve.
Speaker 1: Austin, which is the one that we said was the worst. Yeah, and at the least bought according to run No.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, And I don't know, maybe it's just because it was I don't know whatever.
Speaker 1: What's in the paint, what's in the ractose one that everybody wants. I'm genuinely curious. They put it down in the comments if you know, because I don't know, and I'm I'm curious. I saw a couple of the new cards get played that this suspend removal spell, the black one really good. That was a really really good card in that game that we played at it. You know what, kill a thing that suspended for three turns and it comes back kills a thing. Very powerful card, very very good.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at the prices of all the cards, and right off the bat, nothing's jumping out at me, like, nothing's jumping out at me as being overtly crazy expensive unless I'm just not seeing it.
Speaker 1: Ketterick parasites the most pricey thing, and.
Speaker 2: That's at yeah from Shards of Lara, right, yeah, yeah, I know that sometimes like like the Bloomber or pre cons have those the level up spells like artists, Talent Talent, the talent level up cards. Those ones are pre con exclusives and they don't have like wide screen versions or extra art versions to be put into the wide screen slots in the collector packs, so they can only appear in the in the pre con or in the two pre con slots in the collector pack, not the pre con slots and the wide screen slots in the.
Speaker 1: In the there's only one Comman Collector boost.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I was expecting to.
Speaker 1: There isn't an extended art version of something. It probably doesn't show up there. I will, but I don't know. Yeah, they're hard to get it.
Speaker 2: And that's what the talents are there. They're hard to get because there's no wide screen version of them and that's why certain pre cons are have like a twenty dollars card and because you can't open them in collectors. I was looking to see if that was the case in this Dusk Morn one, but it really isn't. No, I don't know. I don't know why. Anyways, we're not talking about Dusk Moore precons. We've covered those in the past. Sleeve Austin, I'm gonna give this commander a read. Okay, as soon as I can find the fucking tabits on there, okay. Zimone Mystery Unraveler three to three, Human Wizard, Blue Green two Landfall. Whenever a land you control enters battlefield, manifest dread. If this is the first time this ability is resolved. Now, I think we got this a little bit wrong in the review. Suky you manifest dread. If it's the first time the abilities resolved, every other land that comes into play does something different. Okay, so manifest dread on the first one. Otherwise you may turn a face down permanent face up sure, okay, so play my land, play my misty rainforest, manifest dread.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 2: I've got ten face down creatures on the battlefield. Crack, get a forest, turn one of them, face up, dope cultivate or Kodama's Reach or rampant growth deal, turn another one face up, yeah, ah growth Spiral. Put a land from my hand onto the battlefield, turn another one face up hell yeah yeah, Now I would.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but I.
Speaker 2: Think that we said something like, oh, well, you could just make like those face down creatures be things like ulamg right and and Causelek and well you still can you still can not what we're doing today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that is one hundred percent still something that you could do.
Speaker 2: And for that reason, I think that this deck has a little bit of a higher power output than initially we thought, because when you look at it in the pre con, they're not putting eighty and one hundred dollars l drowsy into the deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which they I mean they probably could.
Speaker 2: Well, they probably could drive the price down then and then if it gets it's not gonna be as big of a deal. Ah see, jeweled lotus in every precon.
Speaker 1: See not anymore though anymore. It wouldn't it be cool if they announced the unbanning by saying it's gonna be in every pre con ever.
Speaker 2: Fuck, that would be so cool, man, that that would be Watsy trucking around their nuts in a dump truck. Hey, like, we're gonna put this. We're not putting command towers in your pre cons anymore, just for like the next four years, because every command tower is going to be replaced with a jeweled lotus.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, we're unbanning it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, everybody would go crazy.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I saw guy rip a, I saw guy open up a collector pack Commander Masters, pulled a jewel lotus foil, What.
Speaker 1: Do you do with it? Tried to trade it in.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't take it. I'm not even shitting you. He walked from the prize wall to the buying cell station and they're like, no, we're not taking it right now, too volatile, whatever whatever the case is. Right now, he goes they wouldn't take it. Everybody laughs. He's like, I'm going to get it graded. So he went paid and got it grated.
Speaker 1: Good for that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a dad and a kid. The kid felt bad because he spent all his prize tickets on one pack, and he's like, oh, I got like a couple of commons that I played, and then the dad got full art jewel or a foiled jeweled lotus. And the dad's like, no, I got hose buddy. Oh yeah, okay, So we aren't doing this super top end deck.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, We're.
Speaker 2: Doing something a little bit different that I very much appreciate, and I like to call it Peepee are persistent petitioners. My favorite card, the card that I've signed probably more times than any other card, probably probably usually get the brash taunter.
Speaker 1: I do. There's one in front. If you're watching on YouTube, you can see one. Yeah against my beer can here thanks to my buddy, uh pizza. Yeah, I hung out with him at the after party, like all night jealous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drink beer. Well he had to drive, so he'd like drink water. But and coffee, big coffee drinker. Anyways. Persistent petitioners my favorite card producer, Gary's probably never seen one.
Speaker 1: What a nube.
Speaker 2: It's a one three human advisor for Blue one one tap target player mills a card neat target player, target player mind.
Speaker 1: You could target yourself if you want, and I do want.
Speaker 2: Also you can tap four untapped advisors you control target player mills twelve cards.
Speaker 1: Lots of cards.
Speaker 2: That's lots of cards. Oh you're so enthralled, yawn and sorry, so it's late.
Speaker 1: It's late.
Speaker 2: A deck can have any number of cards named persistent petitioners.
Speaker 1: And we're playing twenty six of them.
Speaker 2: That's why this deck deck is gonna go fast. So we're twenty six of those.
Speaker 1: We're playing that card that Ryan just read YEP twenty six times. Yes, excellent.
Speaker 2: I love cards that you can do that with me too. We've got one in every color now, right, we don't have an artifact one?
Speaker 1: No? Well good? Yeah, maybe good?
Speaker 2: Maybe just make it dark steel Frickin' relic.
Speaker 1: It probably costs zero.
Speaker 2: And be indestructible to nothing.
Speaker 1: It's a zero one indestructible with defender that you can have as many of them as you.
Speaker 2: Want that would be miserable to play against.
Speaker 1: Sure would Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so persistent petitioners times twenty six, we can tap them and mill our opponents twelve.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's that's fine. Okay, then we've got a I'm just going to do the advisors section, and mask Wood Nexus creatures you control are are every creature type. So they're all advisors now and you can go three tap put a two to two blue shape Shifter Token Changeling Advisor into play.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the things that that's also true of creatures that you have in your band and on the stack, like with mask Wood Nexus that turns things into advisors. Yeah at all times. Yeah, that is relevant sometimes.
Speaker 2: Like when we have this next card called Arcane Adaptation and Enchantment for Bluetoo enters the battlefield, you choose a creature type YEP advisor creatures you control are the chosen type in addition to the other types. The same is true for creature spells. You control creature spells on the battlefield that aren't on the battlefield everywhere, right.
Speaker 1: So everything's advisor more advisors.
Speaker 2: All the time. Yes, Now, he's kind of got funny funny Uh, it's kind of got funny names for names for the categories. But I want to go to the ramp and removal and get the get the still get the stuff right. Okay, so ramp, you want to read these, you gotta make the bigger.
Speaker 1: You gotta make them big so I can see him. But yeah, I do, because I like make the ramp section.
Speaker 2: Make him big daddy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, starting there too big, Come on, it's that way I can see them all so I can just jam through them all real.
Speaker 2: Pound through them. Okay.
Speaker 1: Who's a loss of seeking? Brian to the Least in Groves, Secure Tribe, Scout Head Shredders, Sall Ring Sky Shroud Rangers, Secure Tribe Elder Youdora the Grave Gardener Threats around every corner, Colony Hart Expedition, Influrenshing something something boom can boom can boom.
Speaker 2: Can Now you'll notice a few of those are like Weird put a land onto the battlefield. Secure Secure Scout and Elder.
Speaker 1: You tap them and they they put another land.
Speaker 2: Right or a Zusa and Dryad both put extra land onto the battlefield.
Speaker 1: So you can with you playing them, Yeah, play more so.
Speaker 2: You can get that second landfall, because the second landfall is the one we care about because that's the one that flips stuff over for free. Yeah yeah, okay, okay, so that's what we're doing so far.
Speaker 1: Well, so it's important to note those are tricky. Sekura Tribe Scout is that you can tap it to put a land from your hand into play and doesn't stay on your turn. Oh yeah, somebody's coming in at you. You can flip your your flippy dippy guy over and if it. Some of these things have ability that when this card flips over, it does a thing. Cards with morph so instead of you having to pay a morph cost or in a couple of cases, a goddamn mega morph cost, that you can just put a land from your hand into play with your little snaky bud and do a thing.
Speaker 2: I love my snaky bud, yeah man, yeah, I love my sneaky bud. Mega morphing with a Codina's silencer. This is our removal section. And I've played many of these cards back in Onslaught Limited.
Speaker 1: I like on.
Speaker 2: Onslaught, and this one is not from Onslaught, but it's got mega morph to one. You can megamorph it for three as a face down creature with nobilities and turn it face up at any time for it's more for megamorph cost. Yeah, if you megamorph something, it turns face up with a plus one plus one counter on it. Sure. But when this turns face up, counter all abilities your opponent's control.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That is like stifle but for everything. Yes, counter all abilities. Yes, so triggered or activated abilities when that gets turned face up.
Speaker 1: You know what I learned recently. You can counter storm like.
Speaker 2: That because storm is a triggered ability that triggers when you cast the spell with storm. Right.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: That card is pretty good. It gets storm.
Speaker 1: That's a good card. That's a good card.
Speaker 2: Okay, Carou spell Snatcher, I love a good spell snatch. Okay, when it's turned face up, counter target spell if the spells countered this way, xil instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard. You may cast that card without paying its mano costs for as long as it remains exiled.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: That morphs up for six manna or that fucking sucks.
Speaker 1: Or play a land and then it flips over. That's fucking good.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play a land counter your spell. I'm gonna take it, yeah and cast it free. Yes, okay, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's pretty damn good.
Speaker 2: Ol. I've cast this one for sure in my wizard deck, my wizard deck circup two thousand and two. Okay, Void Mage Apprentice. When it turns face up for blue blue two, or play a land counter target spell dope. That's that's just good.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: And this one classic Nantuku Vigilante yep. Yeah, when it turns face up for green one, destroyed target artifact or enchantment. Hell yeah, so that is disenchant or disenchant, yes, naturalized.
Speaker 1: Natural there it is. Well they're the same. One's white, yeah for sure, who cares.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we've got to we've got.
Speaker 1: Some unique and interesting ramp and removal.
Speaker 2: I like that, and thematic and plays into what the commander's doing. Yeah yeah, okay, so we're good with that card advantage. We've got five of these.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you like this first one?
Speaker 2: Conduit of Worlds? Do you remember this one?
Speaker 1: I do? Okay, let mean back up, Okay, I read it, and no, I know exactly what this card desks. I've played in lots of decks and I'm finding I'm I'm cutting it more often than not. It's a it's a crucible of worlds.
Speaker 2: People people called it crucible of worlds and they're like, ooh, crucible of worlds again, right.
Speaker 1: Green green two for a crucible of worlds with you can tap it and if you haven't played a spell this turn, you can cast a permanent card from your graveyard this turn. If you do, you can't play anymore spells this turn. So one guy, one thing, which is sometimes you only have mata for one thing. But I've found that oftentimes that's hampering because by the time I get to where I got things in my bin that I want to play, I want to play something else too, and this can really bone that. So sometimes it's really really great. Other times it's a bit of it. I don't want to say it's a trap, but it's not nearly as good as it should be on paper.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well you got to remember too that we've got cards like Escape Tunnel, Myriad Landscape, Tromorphic Expanse, Blighted Woodland, that's a sacrifice land, fetch Lands, Fabled Passage, that kind of stuff. So we're gonna have lands in our graveyard.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, The crucible side is great, But you can just play Crucible of Worlds and I don't think you'd really notice the difference. I really don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is Crucible at three manna with it? Or Conduit of Worlds at four with the upside of Like, oh, man, I can cast my wind condition that I accidentally milled or whatever, Like what if I manifest dread a not creature and then it and like it's a creature when it's manifest, right, I block with it, it dies? Conduit of ruin lets me get it back?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Right? That might be okay? Is that upside worth the one? Man? I think that it is okay, But I don't have experience playing the card.
Speaker 1: In my experience, I've played a couple of things from my bin, but usually I find that it just kind of blows my turn up. If I do that telegraphs that I need this thing, which immediately puts a target on it.
Speaker 2: It's a target on the conduit or target on the graveyard on your graveyard, yeah spot or mass graveyard removal right precisely. Okay, you know this next one, Rumbingstone, this is this is a classic index that play multiples of the same card. Ye, Ripple four gives all your shit Ripple four. Ripple four means when you cast it, you reveal the top four of your library. If you reveal something that has the same name as the cast spell, you repeat it.
Speaker 1: So you play a persistent petitioners reveal four. If there's a persistent petitioners in there, you play it and do it again.
Speaker 2: Do you cast those additional ones?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Do so they're all cast triggers correct, So that would be really good. Like if you played your petitioners alongside like a Beast Whisperer and Ripple four in a semic deck, yep, you could do symic bullshit really hard.
Speaker 1: You could bullshit so hard it wouldn't even make sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, Hunter, when when they set this deck in distinctly said that it is it's the goal of the deck to not do simic bullshit. That's why that's why we're milling, and you're gonna find out that we're gonna be beating a little bit too.
Speaker 1: That's what we're milling and face punching and simic, which is I like this card.
Speaker 2: This is cool, this is this is a very brando. I like the name of a card.
Speaker 1: Unblinking blab and it's just a big fucking eyeball in a cave.
Speaker 2: It's it's a one three with morph and when unblinking bleb or a permanent you control is turned face up, scry two. That's pretty good in this deck. That's neat play a lands cry too.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. Okay. Paranormal analist, Yeah, he's an likes ghost bombs. Yeah, when you manifest dread, like with your commander, put a card from your graveyard into your hand, sorry, put a card put into your graveyard this way with the manifestread into your hand, So.
Speaker 1: You manifest the creature that you would have milled, and then put the other card into your hand. Everybody gets to see what it is, but it goes to your hand. Yeah, that's pretty dope. Going back to ghost buttholes, do you think that Slammer's butthole is above or below his tail?
Speaker 2: And how slimy?
Speaker 1: Is it really very slimy?
Speaker 2: It is like el drazzi are slimy or are they kind of like powdery and dry?
Speaker 1: No, they're they're slimy, but slimer is slimier than then.
Speaker 2: Do you think he uses baby powder?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. He gives no folks. He doesn't even use a napkin. Bro he smells real bad.
Speaker 2: Does he use a napkin? Do people use napkins? It's the toilet paper, Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: I mean you could if you need it.
Speaker 2: You could if you need it to I would not recommend.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't either.
Speaker 2: No, but no, if you need more than two, two or three wipes, man, you'd be pretty sure next time, oblivious bookworm, I want to be oblivious as to what napkins feel like on my butt. Okay A two to three human wizard for green blue. Ooh, that's an interesting man of cost. Hey. At the beginning of your end step, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card unless a permanent enter the battlefield face down under your control this turn or a permanent was turned face up.
Speaker 1: I'm amazed that this wasn't in the pre con.
Speaker 2: This card, right, is from Dusk Morn too.
Speaker 1: It's from Dusk Morn and wasn't in the pre con.
Speaker 2: It must be one of those ones that gives you the satisfaction of like updating your debth like we talked about on the pre show. Right, it's like a little nugget, like buy some Dusk warn Hey, mister consumer, buy some Dusk Morn because you'll get this in a pack. It's only uncommon. You only have to buy six or eight packs to find one, right and put in your pre con.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good, pretty dope.
Speaker 2: I mean, we knew would be good in there, but we didn't spend money exactly.
Speaker 1: But we want more of your excitement we're getting we talked about on the pre show. See, I'm right. We knew it.
Speaker 2: We knew it would be good in there, but we also knew it would be exciting for you to put it in your deck.
Speaker 1: We also it would be exciting for you to find it after you pave somebody some money.
Speaker 2: Corporate language is so fricking fantastic, Hey, think of how exciting that would be to find this card in a booster pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big good schmus, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I wish it was just good muff because man, it's been a long time. Okay, seed warn meuse during Europe, during everybody's untapping you all.
Speaker 1: On tapp, you untapped. It's a two four for five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you untap every time.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 2: Everybody know what that card does.
Speaker 1: Now if somebody would untap you on.
Speaker 2: Tap, yes, sir, okay, Ancient green Warden is good.
Speaker 1: This is a good card.
Speaker 2: Yes, a five seven for six. With reach, you could play landes from your graveyard. Also, if a land entering the battlefield under your If a land entering the battlefield causes the ability of a permanent you control the trigger it triggers again.
Speaker 1: Yes, you manifest dread twice, and then you can flip over two things if you do.
Speaker 2: No, you don't manifest dread twice.
Speaker 1: I don't think, isn't it no you flip? Oh yeah, you're right right the first time. So you flip. You put the guy on and you can flip it over right away.
Speaker 2: Yes you yeah, you manifest dread once. And then the ability tries to resolve again and it says otherwise, is it a may flip a guy is the second part of me, Like what if you otherwise you may okay, you don't get a creature.
Speaker 1: You got like an instant or something, and you flip it overthing shit and it goes.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can flip over things that aren't creatures when you manifest. I don't think judges let us know in the comments like you always do to be able to do that. Yeah, Zenderkar Resurgence Man, Banger after banger. It is a ten dollars card now lands Lands you tap ad double right at an additional one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, And whenever you cast a creature draw card.
Speaker 1: With that thrumbing stone so we can do some simic bull it's a cast. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I knew that there was something in here that let us do something.
Speaker 1: Here's something lets you do something right?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? Cmal Hart of Krosa. Yeah, I like the other comal the Fister. Better you get this one a read because I gotta look at his picture for a minute.
Speaker 1: He's a five to five for green six human Druid. He has green one until end of turn target land you control becomes a one to one elemental creature token with indestructible I believe and haste as well, and at the beginning of combat on your turn, he overruns your team which is plus three plus three and trample.
Speaker 2: This guy's good. This guy's better in girl decks. I think because you can take multiple combat steps and not have to pay for overrun each time.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's because fister of Crosa is more than the five dollars price tag of Kamal Harden.
Speaker 2: Perhaps, yes, especially if you want foil.
Speaker 1: More readily available.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, Okay, then we got a zuriklav progress. Whenever a creature with power. Oh here's the thing, two or less enters a battlefield under your control, that is, all of your petitioners and all of your manifested yep, guys, Okay, you get an experience counter. Then, at the beginning of combat on your turn, put x plus one counters on another target creature you control. Where x is the number of experienced counters you have.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I wish it was each.
Speaker 1: It would be way too good if it was each.
Speaker 2: Make them cost five man still too good, that's pretty good. Make all your guys big. When anything happens with any of my creatures except for the last two, we read exactly. Okay, retreat to Quarrel Helm. Now this car does have like combos with it with with land and come of the West tree or whatever, like put something into play and then you can put something else into play, right and anyways, it's got landfall. Whenever land enters under your control, choose one. You may tap or untap, target creature or scry one. Scry one is actually really good with zimone landfall scry one and like stack the triggers so that you scry one first and then you manifest so you can get like like what you want and then flip it if it's like your second or third land after that.
Speaker 1: He's pretty good. Yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, then we've got some hockey.
Speaker 1: Helps to protect us from shit.
Speaker 2: I like, I suppose that's what that means. Yeah, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Torpor orb stops all the ETB abilities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that feels like a meta choice. I assume torpor orb is a meta choice all the time, unless it's like in a stack's deck.
Speaker 1: Torpor Orb is a good card to have, though, creatures with ETBs are way more common than I think people realize. Oh yeah, and while we don't, we haven't talked about any Here's like, what are you talking about, Brendo. Lots of people use Eternal Witness or the elf that kills a thing or whenever a guy comes into play, I use scry one or whatever. Right, like torpor Rob shuts down a lot more stuff than you think. It's a it's a very good card. It's no hush Bringer, but it's a very good card.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I could play it in any deck, and I can search it in nearly any deck. And there's specific tutors for artifacts with two mana yep, right, Like, I can go get this card if I need it, right, you sure can, Okay, Propaganda gotta pay if you want to attack me, and then a soulless jailer.
Speaker 1: This one, I feel is a meta choice.
Speaker 2: It's also a creature that works with a zuri because you could just put like graft Digger's cage in right, Yeah, but this works. And if you manifest this one, you can turn it face up where where graft diggers cage you can't. And what it does zero four for two permanent cards in graveyards can't enter the battlefield. That's a little bit of a non bow with our lands that we play from our graveyard. I'm just gonna throw that out there. Yes, Also players can't cast non creature spells from graveyards or exile.
Speaker 1: Cool, that's pretty fine. I kind of like that car. That's a neat one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hadn't seen that one in quite a while. I'd forgotten about it, and I'm glad I remember about it now because I think I might play it somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what uncle brand are. You don't play very many graveyard decks, hey, just that one? Yeah? But yeah, I don't even count that as a graveyard deck. Really, it's not a graveyard deck. That's using the graveyard just for like reoccurring value. And it's not like you're trying to fill your graveyard unless you're just going for the wind.
Speaker 1: I'm filling my graveyard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll fill in the yard. That's a euphemism for sure.
Speaker 1: If I've ever heard milkshakes, because then boys will.
Speaker 2: Show up, right, I they would show up. Yep. Yeah, We've got one more section here, but I want to talk about the maybe board a little bit as well.
Speaker 1: There's amazing.
Speaker 2: Twenty six cards in. If we cut every petitioner out.
Speaker 1: We could put all that there you go. There's the advice cut. All the petitioners put the baby board in. See how it goes.
Speaker 2: I suppose you could. There's some specific cards that I really like.
Speaker 1: The deck could still work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really would. We've got some milk cards though, okay, because we've played a lot of cards that care about lands entering the battlefield, so we can like continue to manifest and really zimone acts as a drawn extra card, but it's always a creature in the command zone as long as you can play a land, right, So how are we actually gonna win? It's actually through mill with the twenty six petitioners and a ruined Crab, which is landfall. Everybody mills three.
Speaker 1: Like that one. Ah, that is a good card.
Speaker 2: Run Crab and Heedron Crab. Very good run Crab.
Speaker 1: I like better though, because it's everybody right yeap.
Speaker 2: Hegron Crab gets one person one person yep. Okay. Next up, we've got and I've lost to this card, a Teresian mind breaker.
Speaker 1: That thing's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a six four for seven. But if we mill it, because we can mill our freaking stupid self, we can unearth it for blue blue blue one and it has haste and when it hits you, nope, when it freakin attacks target, defending player mills half their library.
Speaker 1: Did you play it in your brewvac deck.
Speaker 2: I played in bruvag Beats. I have one wins in Bruvak. It wins, and I'll let you know we are playing Bruvak, are playing Breuvag my boy, my boy.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: If an opponent would mill, they mill twice that much lots. And it works with things like Teresian Mindbreaker because it says mill half their library, and it doesn't care about the number. It just it says mill half. And then Bruvak says you mill that same number again.
Speaker 1: It cares about the number, not the percentage. Yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry, fifty twice. It's fifty twice correct.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if you've got eighty cards, you mill forty and you also mill forty a game. Yeah, then we've got And man, I feel bad because we received like a Blue Boy Beats Mono blue Mill deck. We received one in our inbox or whatever, yep, and it's a mind Skinner deck and I wanted to feature, but then you told me this deck. But I still get to play my mind Skinner okay, brand new ten one. You know I like ten power guys T one just like freaking Lord of Tresorhorn. That's my mom's.
Speaker 1: Birthday today, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: She is born on October fourth, Yes, and that's Lord of Tresserehorn day. Yep, so my mom the Lord of Tresurehorn.
Speaker 1: Weird? Is that why you like Lord Tresshorn so much? It's the mom thing?
Speaker 2: It isn't, but it's an odd coincidence. And I sent her a picture of Lord of Tresslhorn today. She didn't know what it meant. So I had to send her another picture with like the power and Toughness circle, and I said, happy birthday, Sun of the year mind skinner ten one blue blue blue full stop. That's the whole banecost. It can't be blocked, but if a source you control would deal damage to an opponent, we prevent that damage. And they mill at many cards. So ten you know what I wish or twenty if you got to prove it.
Speaker 1: I wish there was green in that thing's maniccost and then you could play it with uh, what's that thing? The fog dot deck monolgreen does everything?
Speaker 2: Oh? Questing beasts Yeah, damage can't be prevented. Yeah, or if there was red and you could play it with that one split aftermath card from Amanket that says damage can't be prevented double al combat damage yep, and you could do one shots in freakin' modern with it. Yeah, you go blue blue Blue on turn two or three or whatever, and then on the next turn you play that card hit you for twenty can't be prevented.
Speaker 1: Mil die. Yeah, I could captive male who cares?
Speaker 2: Sorry sorry sorry sorry, can't be blocked, So damage can't be prevented, so you don't prevent it and it can't be blocked and you take twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which and this is brandology one O one twenty in the lesser formats.
Speaker 2: Enough, yes, sir, very much. So, finally we've got an altar of the Brood. Whenever another permanent enters the battlefield under your control, each opponent put it's the top card of their library into their graveyard.
Speaker 1: You know, I were planning that Forexian Gollum, so they don't get punished for things like alter of the brood, Like how many times have you seen somebody alter of the brooding or been altered with the brooding yourself, and you can just see the one guy sitting there just like, yeah, I'm just waiting, and then their big threat just gets the mild. They immediately reanimate it and beat you to death with it. That's that's probably why stuff like that's in there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of potential to combo with Altar of the Brood and to have some like onboard graveyard hate is great. I love that if we can go to strength and weaknesses. I love that we're doing some kind of simith thing where it's just repeated like low value transactions.
Speaker 1: Not a single card we said, read today says draw card put a land into playing, not a single one.
Speaker 2: And though we did say the word combination's simmic bullshit. Yes, mostly it was in reference to not being a semic bullshit deck. That's right, and I like that. And this is a strength besides it being the new hotness. It makes something old feel new again. In morph and I know morphin manifest, dread and manifest and those are all kind of the same or different iterations of the same thing, Like Everything's kicker, everything faced down is morph, right, But this is some new way where I can take landfall manifest landfall again morph right, it kind of captures all of those things that I can say, just those words, and you know what the deck does, right, And for that reason, it's it's simple, and for that reason we're playing morph commons from different from cons and from autis. Yeah, and it's budget. Like the whole deck two hundred and sixty bucks. That's pretty good, and there's a couple. No, it doesn't include the maybe. The maybe board could make this deck a whole ton more expensive and a whole ton more powerful. Is moving over to the weakness. We've got all these low value transactions that kind of fly beneath the radar and they're not gonna get you wiped out of a game, but.
Speaker 1: They're also not gonna wipe anybody else out of the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're gonna swoop in and you're gonna find some way to manifest dread and maybe mill maybe a player for ten or fifteen on a turn that's gonna get them.
Speaker 1: Being the pestering gnat at the table works really good. But in some cases, because you're an ad, eventually somebody will just squash you because you haven't given them zecavirus or whatever. Because you're on the.
Speaker 2: Skidel and when you're the pestering gnat at the table, you're you're Sometimes you're not gonna fly under the radar enough if you don't pack enough removal. So this particular list, I would maybe cut some of the land out of the graveyard type things and say, hey, we need more interaction to kind of protect yourself or pillow fort yourself yep, to stay alive because a low value transactions aren't gonna get the game one for you in a very timely.
Speaker 1: Fashion, and in some cases they can.
Speaker 2: And you're playing Mill, Yeah, so you're gonna get targeted.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna do it in Mill. Yeah, low, low transactional Mill probably not gonna get you.
Speaker 2: Yes. Now, if we did kind of shift gears.
Speaker 1: Unless there as hell, then it will just dig the whole four. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been there lots of times with MIL. Yeah for sure, Mill right through your deck, through the floor, through the earth to the center. Yes, Yes, that's how bad I milled people and then they pushed me in the hole. If we wanted to shift the focus from Mill and take those twenty petitioners out twenty six and put our twenty six maybe boards in cut the gluvac.
Speaker 1: Put in the beaters, and just we.
Speaker 2: Could run the budget pretty quick, right, So be careful of that if we wanted to do the opposite of run the budget, though, check this out, Brewvac. Okay, twenty two dollars, got them? Got them. We do lose most of our mill proficiency, though, god, we really do.
Speaker 1: He's caught, no tutors, He's not going to show up in any of the games. Caught him.
Speaker 2: Get this Alter of the Brood, caught it.
Speaker 1: Fifteen bucks, Yeah, cut it.
Speaker 2: It does help us, mall got it? Okay.
Speaker 1: You know what else helped us? Mall petitioners caught him, not the petitioners, any other things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, seed born muse fourteen bucks.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good in here with petitions, Oh so good with petition. Every turn you get to the end, to turney twelve, somebody, well, I don't know when you caught that one. I think that one's worth the investment in this deck.
Speaker 2: That's forty eight on somebody in one round.
Speaker 1: That's pretty great.
Speaker 2: Like that's killed two people. If you have a brew back and a seed born music, right, yeah, can you imagine? And this has been a conversation of late if I was the new RC, what cards would I be looking to unban? Would cours certain no, not Courser? Would Profit of Crew Fix be on your list to unbanned?
Speaker 1: Under no circumstances?
Speaker 2: That card would be good in his dad?
Speaker 1: Oh it sure would. It would make me would. But it's banned still.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, thrumming Stone only eight bucks now. Yeah. Now, if we're moving away from petitioners, we move away from that card.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and get this Talent Gates of Madara. Oh hell, this is a land in the deck. It's twenty two dollars. Let's let's give that one a read real quick before we get out of here. Talent Gates of Madara is enters a battlefield up to one target creature phases out. Yeah, but mineor yours? Okay. I can tap it for a colorless winding. I can pay one add amount of any color, so it's kind of like a sheltered grotto or whatever that is, right, Or I can pay four and put it from my hand onto the battlefield. Yeah, instant speed landfall phase out, your guy.
Speaker 1: That's a removal as well.
Speaker 2: That's also a removal.
Speaker 1: That card is so much better than anybody thinks it is, even we didn't really.
Speaker 2: Know you were on board with this card right out of the gates.
Speaker 1: I remember that I liked it was a removal spell. I knew it was going to be good. I don't think it was going to be as good as it is.
Speaker 2: You play decks or you've got in bang of it?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, both? Oh yeah, oh yeah. Like this card's a beating every single time you play it, and it's a fucking land and that's why it's twenty two dollars. It sucks that it's twenty two dollars, but damn it. Don't I understand.
Speaker 2: Why I got I got, I got, I got one for you instead of damn it?
Speaker 1: Ban it?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, fucking ban it. It's twenty two dollars and I can't afford it. Ban ban it, banit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, rid of it.
Speaker 2: If we decide to move away from the mill, this doesn't count removing twenty six dollars worth of petitioners. But we could get this deck down to less than one hundred and ninety bucks. And if you extrapolate like fifty cents to two dollars per card in your deck, that's like one hundred and fifty dollars, right, And that's kind of what Commander decks cost if you're going to buy one, not if you use CCEO Summer Promo code and get a discount, but just like card by card by card, which nobody ever does, so it doesn't actually cost that, but it is a budget deck.
Speaker 1: Let me hit you at this, because there's the strength and weakness of the deck with if you take the mill theme out, like we've talked about, that's cool. That means you can which I wouldn't, which you wouldn't, but maybe I would, maybe somebody else would. It's easy to power the deck up. But speaking of somebody who has like just scooped the guts out of a deck one time and then try to just put new guts back in, it's harder than you think to just take thirty cards out of a deck and then put thirty cards back in. Both like budgetarily we talked about that, like we can get the deck below a bunch of you know, down low if we take out all the mill stuff, But then you've got to pay money or cards that you own to get the deck to one hundred cards again, and sometimes it's tough to figure all of that, you know what I mean, And that can be a daunting task, more daunting than you think. And it's not one that you can do card by card, because once you start cutting petitioners for other shit, it's just making your deck have cards in it that are useless, and you don't want that.
Speaker 2: I got one here for sure that I would say, if we're not personally not going away from the petitioners, gotta have a fleet swallower in there. Yeah, six six fish, well, yoho, huge mouth, huge mouth on this Yoho. It's a seven drop six six fish. When it attacks target player mills half their library rounded up, so you could target yourself. It doesn't have to be defending player like the tercean war mind butt hole breaker, yep. I like fleet Swallower.
Speaker 1: I like that one. I like in the in the thing. I like Grass as a grass unstoppable juggernaut. I like him as a as a finish. So he's in there, and there was another exodrons o.
Speaker 2: Grass makes all of your petitioners, your one threes and your two two's, and that you're manifested. It makes them all into five three juggernauts. It's a colorless crater hoof.
Speaker 1: Right, so when you're ready, you just flip that shit over and just kill somebody out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Because it's not an ETB. It's sets the power and toughness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's just good. And there's an exodron right underneath it that flips all creatures in play face down, and you can get yourself out from underneath that just by playing lands, which you're doing anyway, yep, and your opponents probably can't because it doesn't give the creatures more. No, they're just two two people that suck now.
Speaker 2: Ixodron very powerful magic card, and I've come to realize that people very much dislike playing against it. It's like you're taking away agency, right, You're you're taking away your thought and your time that you spent to put these particular creatures in your deck to make your strategy powerful. And I'm just leveling the board to make them all two two's except mine, I'll turn face up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except I'm make them all two tooes. Well at least yours are two too. Oh yeah. By the way, land flip my azuza back over.
Speaker 2: Land, flip flip flip my grass take fifty exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's pretty good. So I like both of those in here. I would probably move away from the mill thing personally because I'm I don't know, I'm kind of over mil I tried to make mill work too. I appreciate how much you like it, but it just shows that this is very, very versatile and it doesn't have to just turn into symic bullshit strength, which is great. Yeah, that's a long way to get there, but we got there.
Speaker 2: That's it. So big thank you to Hunter mackenzie for sending the deck in. Big thank you to all of the patrons who have sent stuff in over the last little while and are going to be coming to the CEO experience. I didn't mention, but as we approach the CEO experiences that we do, people always like to say, Hey, I want to buy some like a round of booster packs for Open Flippy. Hey I want to buy some beer. We've got the coffee dot Com link in the show notes down below. Anywhere you pick up the show, of course, commander cookout dot com you can get onto like a like a donate button or page. There you can donate any denomination and of course heading over to Patreon best way to support going to the CEO store for some merch. Great way to support because that kind of feeds the machine to get new merch and really subsidize a lot of what we do in CCO Nation. Really that those are all the greatest ways to keep the show going. So I want to say thank you for that.
Speaker 1: And no shit, hand I got one more thing, okay.
Speaker 2: As like lots of people know I've got the broken leg, yep, I didn't say thank you publicly to all of the people who came up to me on the last weekend and said, hey, do you need a hand? Are you okay? Can I carry your box? Can I wheel your suitcase? Sit? I'll do it. The people I worked with, the National Lights, I saw, the people who came to the after party all made my trip that was a little bit nerve racking and anxiety inducing. Wasn't sure if I could provide value, wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get around venue crutches pain. Everybody made it real easy, so much so that like some random stranger was like, hey, man, uh, do you want me to carry your lunch for you? Right? And I was like, no, I got it. He's like no, no, no, I'll carry your pizza, tell me where to go.
Speaker 1: You had a food courtray in your bath and you're crutching down the hallway.
Speaker 2: Well you know those you know those paper plates that that you can get at conventions, and they're basically just a piece of paper.
Speaker 1: It's a napkin in the shape of a plate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've got a can of coke in my pocket and that's hitting on my crutches. I conked some guy in the ankle with my crutch. I tripped, I almost dropped my pizza. My pop falls out of my pocket and he's like, man, I got you. Where are you going? I'm like the other end of the venue.
Speaker 1: He's like, he's like this all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: But he but he helped me the whole time, and he's like, hey, cool man. They're like, what's what's this? What is this about? And he didn't know. He was like a modern player. He didn't know about. So I gave him a sticker, said thank you, check us out and he's like, oh man, cool I'll send my friends over here. They play Commander. That's why they're here, right, that's sick. So that's the kind of stuff that I was like trapped in all weekend and it ended up being really good. So I want to say that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad and I will thank those people as well because you made my man have a good weekend. And that's important. Because I wasn't there to do it. I'm glad the nation stepped up to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh. No, you would have purposely done the opposite.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 2: You would have went around to all the vendors and say, you've got any Griffin canyons here, Well make sure that this guy on fucking crutches does.
Speaker 1: Not buy them. Hey man, the thing I'm looking forward to the most about Calgary is if you're still limping, I'll be faster than you. I could definitely gets all the vendors first. Yes, yeah see, I might be a good friend, but I'm still gonna dunk on you every chance I get because I'm such a good friend. If you're gonna go to an online vendor where you're gonna go, oh, I'm definitely Refusion Gaming Online dot com. Or I can use special promo code see so Summer to save myself five percent of all the stuff that I'm gonna buy so you can't have it.
Speaker 2: I got all my dust warn stuff. Just got it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like three days shipping so fast.
Speaker 1: Very quick. I ordered some stuff a few days ago. I ordered some bloom Bloom Haven, Yes, Bloomborough Islands with the Little Wizard Frog on them. We're switching over some basics in a deck. So that's pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Let's go drink some beer.
Speaker 1: I would go love to go drink some beer. We're gonna do it with producer Gary. Thanks for being in here helping us out. Thanks to all you for listening to us, and we are going to be back next week with another exciting episode of Commander Cookout Podcast in our