Speaker 1: Today at eleven, it begins. One of the incredible things about Cincinnati and something I didn't really realize, the magnanimity, I mean, the hugeness of it. It's an incredible food festival that is held every year in downtown where they basically just block several blocks off and food vendors from all over the city set up and display their wares and give the citizenry and the attendees a chance to taste Cincinnati. Like the Flying Pig Marathon, which is considered the premiere marathon in the country, one of the top three. For sure, taste of Cincinnati is unique amongst all other things that this and this city has so many wonderful things to offer Opening Day with the Reds and you can go down the list of the really unique things about this city. Do we need any more? Do we really need the Olympics or the Sundance Film Festival. Some people say, yes, make us the center of the universe. But I think we've got enough to put us on the map in many ways. And the next three days this Memorial Day weekend, will be a chance, if it's your thing, to get out among the throng thousands of other people elbows and walk the streets and taste the different culinary delights that are available here in the heart of the Midwest. But now, and I understand why people have pride who are from here. But I never imagine when I moved here in nineteen ninety four, how absolutely marvelous this place that you may call home is. So here's to Cincinnati a toast and a taste this weekend. And it all starts at around eleven o'clock this morning. What is this Tim shimming? Is? Is this Tim shimming from Oak Harboro, Ohio?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: How are you doing? I'm doing fine? How are you friend? I haven't heard from you for a long time.
Speaker 3: Just wonderful. I've been listening to you every Saturday.
Speaker 1: When has the Sunflower Festival in Lindsey happened? Already?
Speaker 3: To No, it's in July. Okay, third weekend in July. IM not sure the exact date.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll look forward. You know, we've got taste of Cincinnati. As I was just mentioning, going on this weekend, here is the Sunflower Festival in Lindsay, Ohio as big an enormous as taste of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: It might be close.
Speaker 1: How is uh?
Speaker 3: What were we going to say I had a historic day yesterday?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: I made it sixty years?
Speaker 1: Well, happy birthday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't believe it.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful. You know the only time you'll catch up to me is when I'm dead, probably if you're blessed enough to continue living.
Speaker 3: If I make might make it. Who knows?
Speaker 1: All right? How is the Lord? How is You're right? The Lord only knows? How's the donkey? Whisper? Have you? Uh? Have you been?
Speaker 3: She's doing good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Yep, we got some packers down.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations. What's the gestation period in an l paka?
Speaker 3: I think I'm not sure. I think it's nine months. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you keep chugging up there, and it's good to hear from you man. Yep, thank you, all right, thanks for tuning in. You two. Tim Shimming from Oak Harboro, Ohio and Dick from Dayton is hanging. We'll get to him neck Dick, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Dick, Good morning, Jeff. Happy Memorial Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's it's kind of a somber holiday because we remember those who gave their lives for our country. That's what Memorial Day is all. But yes, you can enjoy each other and enjoy picnics and parades and barbecues and all of that. So certainly some happy times are ahead. But we think back at this the sacrifice of those who came before us.
Speaker 4: Right right right exactly.
Speaker 1: Those who died on the battlefield preserving America's freedom and liberty. So what are you doing for this weekend, Dick? Anything fun?
Speaker 5: I might go. I haven't been up to Goodwill for a while. I need to get a couple of pants and shirts from the band, and I haven't been up there for a while, and they have special sales. Uh, there's a little good Will over by me, and I'd buy some some things up there.
Speaker 4: It's it's pretty darn right.
Speaker 1: It's commercialism. That's the way to celebrate memorial is commercialism. Go out and buy bye bye, save, save, save, right or maybe not.
Speaker 5: I wanted wanted to say something real quick. I suit my dad's family that served their country, my dad and my uncle Tony and Uncle Chuck, and thanked them for a uh and Benny Benny from Middally for a music career that I developed over there. I think it's a talent. I think that people like it and I'm proud to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: You know what it Dick.
Speaker 1: I have observed that talent in action with you playing, whether it's a ukulele or a mandolin or even a triangle. And uh, you come from a long line of troubadours and musicians, and please keep it going, keep the legacy going, and say good night, Dick.
Speaker 2: Good night, Gary Jeff all right, thanks ya.
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye. Five point fifty nine seven hundred WLW into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning edition for Saturday May twenty twenty five. Gary Jeff Walker with you no place I'd rather be? No, no, no, no not. I got my DCAF coffee, he said, Why, if you're going to drink coffee, would you drink DCAF? What's the point? Point is I like the taste of black coffee, and I'm really not supposed to have the caffeine, just like I'm not supposed to be eating a chocolate chip cookie. No word as to whether I'm actually eating a chocolate chip cookie right now, because it's none of your business. But anyway, I guess none of that was none of your business. Well, that was a colossal waste of time. And speaking of which, Good morning, Dave, Good morning, Garritt, Jeah.
Speaker 6: How are we doing on this glorious Memorial Day weekend?
Speaker 1: We're doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're doing the best of what we got, right.
Speaker 1: That's it. As Liam always says, when I ask him how he is, he says, best day of my life so far. And he's not lying when he says that, you know, Dave, Dave, Dave, I was thinking about it. Everywhere is within walking distance if you've got the time. I agree, And I think it's wrong that only one company makes monopoly. Well, yeah, for sure. I went to I went to a general store once and and they wouldn't let me buy anything specific. What do you got? What do you got, Dave?
Speaker 8: Well, there is a beautiful sunrise coming up over there.
Speaker 6: And he but Gary, Jeff, why do you Why do you suppose the beach was wet?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, Dave. Why was the beach wet?
Speaker 3: Does the scene we.
Speaker 1: Gary Jeff?
Speaker 7: What did what did the oceans say to the beach? What did the oceans say to the beach?
Speaker 1: Are you sure you're even speaking language that we can understand? What did the ocean say to the beach.
Speaker 6: Yes, well I didn't say anything, it just way.
Speaker 8: Do you know what happened yesterday?
Speaker 9: What happened yes yesterday?
Speaker 10: A clown opened the door for me.
Speaker 1: Really it was a nice gesture.
Speaker 11: Gay from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming, as Lynette again is with us. Good morning, Lynette.
Speaker 1: Thank you raised me outnet Where I'm right here? Lynette? Where are you?
Speaker 2: I know, baby, I was upside down?
Speaker 1: What were you doing upside down?
Speaker 2: Well, she's new and they she did think anyway?
Speaker 12: Is this some kind of blood?
Speaker 13: Uhy Kan cleans each spot wider than snow, wider than snow. I feel free, free, free, I feel clean, clean clean, I feel clean clean clean. I feel clean. Amen.
Speaker 1: Amen, So I really you threw me. You threw me for a loop. You said you were upside down. I didn't know they had those inversion tables at the home.
Speaker 2: Well, she was changing me, so I said, raising up. I wasn't up singing position.
Speaker 14: Love.
Speaker 2: Remember that day I was laying down, you said, letting out.
Speaker 13: I know you're laying down. You called me laying down.
Speaker 1: Well you sounded wonderful to me.
Speaker 2: Thank God. Amen, Indeed, everything's good.
Speaker 1: We have uh, we have a new arrival at my house. Good morning, Chris to two point zero. We're welcome. We got a brand new feline friend. People know that Brooksy the cat dog passed back around Valentine's Day. In fact, it was on Valentine's Day, uh huh and suddenly. And we have been petly since then. But on Thursday, Krista went to the Kenton County Animal Shelter. Yeah, and while I was working and picked up Frankie. Frankie. Frankie is a beautiful gray kitten's he's got huge ears all the better to hear you with, my dear, and he's very muscular for a little he's tiny. He's only twelve weeks old. But I'm going to try and train him on the harness as soon as he's big enough to fit into the harness so we can make him a cat dog too. We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you say brooks one, brooks too.
Speaker 1: You know what we've been calling him Brooksy by mistake.
Speaker 2: Well you can climb Brooksley the.
Speaker 1: Last two days that he's been with us, and uh, but no, he's Frankie. Yeah, Kristin nat him this time. It was her turn. And so we're very pleased with little Frankie.
Speaker 2: I hope you.
Speaker 1: Brooksy was all kinds of colors. He was like you. He was he was like you. He was transracial callie color. You know. I think his mom may have been a calico. But he had all kinds of just very very bizarre and specific individual markings that made him truly unique. And I'm sure Frankie does something that makes him truly unique. We will find out in the coming days, dear, and I will report to you when I find I know.
Speaker 2: Something, I'll see and I got Kat was mister Godi. He was three colors gold My mom named him Goldy. I named him mister Goady. My' see. And I can't he stick his tail up in there and look back as say follow me, Madam Eddie. We'd walk up and down the sidewalk every morning.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of a seeing I cat.
Speaker 2: This is a first, ye, mister Godie, we'll see an I cat.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, baby, I got I got a roll. But thanks for checking in.
Speaker 2: Thank you loud, bye bye, all.
Speaker 1: Right, we love you, old radio Rick. Good morning. Follow that.
Speaker 9: Memorial Day weekend in Indianapolis. Oh that's really speeding ticket revenue? Is it its annual peak? The drunk tanks are full, and young men with muscle cars and more horsepower than since. Find out what happens to your auto insurance premiums when you think drag racing.
Speaker 1: Would be a good idea.
Speaker 9: Oh you are coming in three by two?
Speaker 1: Oh no?
Speaker 9: Oh oh yeah. Well, because it's a nineteen twenty two hat Field AMTRF three two radio radio that runs on batteries, powers a horn type loudspeaker and looks like a kitchen cabinet but requires an end table to put the speaker on. I'm featuring this radio today the closest I can muster to an homage to what I remember the old Tom Slick cartoons, with the Tom Slick cartoon lampooning the car race as the car race with non fruit bery native Americans known as the Applis Indians five hundred.
Speaker 1: I never heard. I never heard that. That's crazy. I love it. Oh, it's fantastic, The Apples Indians five hundred.
Speaker 9: Yep, that field with an Indianapolis company located downtown. The factory and store was actually located at five hundred North Borian Street, which is interesting. And it's in a building long ago demolished to make way for an insurance company that would give young Ricky his first computer job. So it's kind of close to home there. This this radio such as it is sold for three hundred and fifty bucks back then a mere six thousand, six hundred dollars today. But let's go to the catalog, shall we. Wow. The Hatfield set is complete in every detail. It embodies all that is latest in manufacture and design, and its receptiveness is the most sensitive of any instrument on the market today. Well, that's patently false. Even though there were only a handful of competitors in nineteen twenty two, anything with more than three tubes was going to be far more sensitive because that's how these old torf radios work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 9: Completely equipped and self contained, ready to operate when attached to aerial. Yeah, except for having to install and connect the battery, install the tubes, connect the speaker. See whatever. When you buy a hat Field set, you are patronizing a hoo's your product. Don't you actually patronize the company, not the product.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess in a roundabout way, you're patronizing the specific product.
Speaker 9: But yes, maybe so. I just actually that was a question. And our broadcasting station, who is a product of our engineering department? So is our receiving set.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 9: So we are justly proud of both. If you enjoy and the proof of one, you will equally enthuse over the other. Didn't realize enthus was a verb. But okay, finally, where are distributors for the Radio Corporation of America A KAA r C A and DeForest? Guys? Last critique here? If you're going to be a distributor for DeForest? Spell his name right?
Speaker 1: Good point? Now? I always thought who was in des Moines?
Speaker 9: Actually stame on me? I was taking notes and uh spell check wins again. This is w O H, which is not never made the made the cut as a obviously as a three letter what is it called clear channel? Like wow?
Speaker 3: Just a fifty.
Speaker 9: Yeah it it wasn't that so obviously it was an early quote unquote experimental station. And yeah, there you go correct. Screw me all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, next time, maybe you s you the hatfield for a McCoy.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna have to see if I can climb the McCoy. Oh right, cool, idea.
Speaker 1: Check with old radio Rick at gmail dot com. From the Sands of.
Speaker 15: Fallution climb to around seventy this afternoon with mostly sunny skies. Tonight we drop down to around fifty. We start off tomorrow partly sunny. Temperatures climb to just shy of seventy, and we could see a quick shower in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: For a severe weather station.
Speaker 15: I'm nine first warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Sport Reds and Cubs on Memorial Day weekend to loss.
Speaker 17: Last night, Reds loues thirteen to six, blowing a six to two lead in the seventh against the Cubs last night. The Reds are back in action this afternoon. Inside pitch begins at three ten, pitch a seven four ten right here on the hum of the Red seven hundred WLWL Thank you.
Speaker 1: Liam west Side, Jim, what's going on, my friend?
Speaker 18: Good morning Gary, Jeff. I just called to welcome Frankie into the Walker household. That's a good deal for you guys.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 18: I saw the video of you playing with a look like yarn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got It's actually a it's a string tied to a pole. I'm catfishing, is what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I see, I see.
Speaker 18: Well, I guess now I got to start saving up my pennies so I can get him some catnip.
Speaker 1: You know what. And he I laid some out on the floor when we first got him home on Thursday evening, and he didn't know quite what to make of it. But he is playing with one of Brooksy's old toys that did at one time contain catnip, and he enjoyed playing with the toy. Yes, whatever you'd like to contribute to the Frankie Fund will be greatly appreciated. We accept all donations.
Speaker 18: Jim, And you know, I want to say something besides Frankie on this weekend. I'm kind of disappointed a day from Harrison. He didn't talk about the main thing that this weekend Memorial Day, besides the fact of what. We're not celebrating what happened back in w W two and so forth.
Speaker 3: But the Big Race.
Speaker 18: You haven't talked about the Big Race, and I'm kind of disappointed in that.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, old Radio Rick made allusions to the Indianapolis five hundred because he's with an earshot of the track. So yes, we did talk about the big race.
Speaker 18: Well, I'm not talking about that one. I'm talking about the weeniemobiles. He had a race yesterday. All five of them were out on that track.
Speaker 1: You know, I did a broadcast from the Oscar Meyer wienermobile when I was in Nashville, and I'm very claustrophobic. I would not recommend it for anyone who's afraid of cramp spaces.
Speaker 3: Oh I am too, I am too.
Speaker 18: But it was five of them on the track at the same time.
Speaker 7: That's history.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, obviously you're a person who enjoys watching weenies go round. So I hope, I hope you had a good time. Jim, have fantastic Have a fantastic weekend.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 1: We got to run the gang from Ripley on the way ad minutes on seven under w vehicles like the twenty twenty five E Class C. L. Steves from Menton, Ohio is back with some words this weekend. He elaborates, Good morning Steve, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning Gary Jeff. When Commissioner of Baseball Rob Manfred removed the ineligible tag on seventeen deceased major league players, he declared, and I quote, it's hard to conceive a penalty that has more deterrent effect than one that lasts the lifetime. Well, for shoeless Joe Jackson, it was a lifetime plus seventy five years. But Joe's case was far different than say, that.
Speaker 1: Of Pete Rose.
Speaker 10: When Joe's Chicago White Sox threw the nineteen nineteen World Series to Cincinnati, the then Commissioner of Baseball, Judge Lambdies, added Jackson's name to the list of those banished from Major League Baseball, despite evidence of guilt that would never hold water unless Joe was wearing a Maga hat in a New York courtroom. He neither took money nor consorted with gamblers. He had three seventy five in the series, almost twenty five points higher than his season average. He made no errors in the field. What he allegedly did was seen money on his roommate's bed. And there's no record of their having a conversation about fix in the series. Joe doesn't need to be reinstated, he needs to have his name clear to the entire mess and Commissioner landis called out for an atrocity, speaking of which, this week, Donald Trump invited the leader of South Africa to the White House to explain South Africa's version of CRT. White farmers are being killed by blacks who take over their farms with no compensation to the families. ABC News says there's no proof, there's pluenty. We've offered asylum to the victims, and that has deeply upset the Democrats. Twenty sixteen Vice presidential candidate Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia, I asked, what if the shoe were on the other foot. South Africa never changes, just the colors. And then there's the Christians in North Africa, many of whom are black. And did there was more talk this week about the conspiracy theory that we conservatives had about Joe Biden's health problems during and before his presidency. Democrat media mavens are now trying to sell books proving we were right. Thanks for nothing, Carrie Jeff and I have talked over the years about the secrecy behind the serious health problems of Presidents Wilson, FDR, and of course JFK whose battle with Addison's disease and a failed back surgery led the drug addiction that was covered up by folks inside and outside the government. We still wonder how Franklin Roosevelt survived the fiasco known as Pearl Harbor despite several Congressional investigations. The Pentagon Papers and dozens of books before, during, and after Vietnam exposed a schizophrenic foreign policy that killed almost sixty thousand of our best and brightest men and women in uniform, which honor raise a question trust in government. Doctor Dennis has given me a marvelous present. Josiah Thompson's updated treat use on what happened during and after the assassination of John F. Kennedy Last Second in Dallas does not rehash conspiracy theories. It does give you the real science of photographic and acoustic evidence at the scene in Dallas. What we now know makes the shambles of the Warren Commission report and the later House Committee on Assassinations. We're now almost sure that there were at least six shots fired and probably from two different locations, so it's extremely hard to believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. Combining this with info from the nineteen eighties book High Treason, I ran across some of the early government figures who dared to question procedures and findings of the boards of Inquiry. One of them was Kentucky United States Senator John Sherman Cooper, born and raised in Somerset in Pulaski County. He was on the Warren Commission and concluded then Oswald probably did not act alone. Earl Warren did his best to quiet the dissent, but we now know that important evidence was pushed aside, and too many government agencies gave witness that only tended to cover their backside, more cannon fodder for those of us who distrust government. And now Robert F. Kennedy Junior has a key position in government, and we thought we would finally get some push from inside, but all we've gotten so far are more heavily redacted pages. Could it be that so many individuals and organizations inside and outside of government, both domestic and foreign, are guilty that everyone in power today is scared that transparency would destroy what little belief we still have in government and therefore destroy their current agendas. Last, but certainly not least two more Israelites were murdered in America this week. The River to the Sea is now the Atlantic to the Pacific. Shame on us. Happy and memorable Memorial Day. Everybody say thanks, even the people you never knew. Take care of yourself.
Speaker 1: Wow, there's nothing else to say. He said it all just now six fifty two three three BG, Cincinnati's six fifty five on a Saturday morning, Brother Ray Scott in Loveland, how are you this morning?
Speaker 19: Good morning, my friend Gary Jeff Walker, Good morning, and I want to tell you I want to thank you in the for what you do all the time.
Speaker 7: You know, especially on Moral Day, paying tribute and keep keeping it real.
Speaker 1: What moral Day is.
Speaker 7: How much I appreciate that. And I truly miss having a store and this is the weekend. We would always put up a new American flags on both sides of the building and we would put on the sign a tribute and unable to do that, and you're so kind to let me do it as I'm going to do it doing right now on the air. And that is that land of the Free because of the brave, and I'm so thankful and I'm so I just I want to say, you know, Washington, d C. We do a lot of things that are screwed up, but a couple of years ago we were lucky enough to go there. And one thing that we do in America is we do pay tribute to our fallen and our military and those who serve. And it's very moving. Anyone who hasn't been there high they recommend it. I mean, it's so moving to walk past the memorials, you know, the Vietnam Moral, to go to Arlington and it's just astonishing. In fact, in this weekend, I'll be spending time with the family that lost a dear member in and Iraq in the Middle East, and they will pay tribute to him. And when we see the strikes in that flag, the red in that flag and me represents the blood that probably most, if not everyone listening to this program this morning has family who have shed blood for in all into pursuit of freedom. And we're so fortunate. So thank you so much, Carrie, Jeff, God bless you, my brother, and God bless America, and God bless our fallen and their families.
Speaker 1: God bless you, sir. Thank you real quick, David in Township Park. I've got less than two minutes, but the floor is yours.
Speaker 8: Any more time than that, you'll probably want to hear what they.
Speaker 7: Got to say.
Speaker 6: I'm in McDonald's getting the coffee and a negatant muffin, and I want to talk real quick about World War two and my uncles.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have the time now. I don't have any more time than I've got, David, so please do the rest of you.
Speaker 20: I'll talk to Ken later this morning. Anyhow I had My dad was in Guam. He has eleven kids.
Speaker 1: He's passed away.
Speaker 20: My mom just passed away at age ninety five two years ago. I'm going to be a Saint thomas More Parish for the ten fifteen Mas tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Talking about it.
Speaker 20: I know you're going to Ripley and that's great. Oh, my uncle George, he was in the.
Speaker 3: Arm Can.
Speaker 7: You wait this second month?
Speaker 20: He was in the army and he hosed out the seventeen's body parts.
Speaker 1: And my uncle Bob flew.
Speaker 20: P thirty eight lightning and the headge rows on D Day.
Speaker 1: Did you catch all that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what. This is a conversation. We need to have it a later time, David, because I simply don't have any more time to run through the entire litany of your family's contributions and service to our country. But we are grateful. Words and monuments cannot do justice to yours and everyone else who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this nation. But we do the best we can, and we honor them this weekend.
Speaker 21: Not everyone who handles your personal information is as careful as you are, which might explain why there's a victim of identity theft every five seconds.
Speaker 1: It is Tommy Chong's birthday, by the way, among other things. And uh, do you have it now? If Liam has it right now, let's uh, let's go ahead and honor the great Tommy Chong, who today I believe is let's see here, he's eighty seven today with his longtime partner Cheach Meren. It's seven o seven and Dave's not here.
Speaker 22: It's me, Dave, open up, man, I got the stuff.
Speaker 14: That it's me, Dave.
Speaker 22: Man, open up, I got the stuff. Who it's Dave Man, open up. I think the cops saw me come in here.
Speaker 1: It's it's Dave Man, will you open up?
Speaker 17: I got the stuff with me.
Speaker 1: Who Dave Man? Open up?
Speaker 14: Dave, Yeah, Dave, come on.
Speaker 8: That, open up.
Speaker 16: I think I'm not here.
Speaker 1: Open the door.
Speaker 23: It's to Dave.
Speaker 1: Dave Day's not here. But Steve Shulty is good morning, mister Shulty. How are you?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Gary, Jeff and I have the vinyl of that.
Speaker 7: Cheeks and jaw.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised we all had the vinyl of that this morning real quickly. In our environmental update, uh, we're talking about using the technique of using rubber crumb from scrap tires to make steel.
Speaker 20: Yep.
Speaker 4: So this comes from I know people like environment climate stuff, but I thought this is interesting. But this is from Way three sixty Daily Wire from this past Thursday, May twenty second art goal front by Eddie Lard just from roadside blight the clear steel production scraps hire trial scores for the environment and Manufacturing US coach from Alabama where and out and say of Alabama, more than forty million tires per year are scraped in the US. I looked it up this morning. Over two hundred and eighty million tires. So when they're improperly discarded create all kinds of environmental issues. Obviously the litter and whatnot. If they're in a pile, they're almost like ev when it comes the entire piles get on fire. That's almost like an EV.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: So they say of Alabama was looking for ways to solve their scrap tire problem, and the steelmaker SSAB and Alabama was looking for opportunities to make it still making more environmentally friendly. And they operate a melt shop and access Alabama and their mobile and did a trial of this experiment using the crown rubber from scrap tires in their steelmaking process. Yeah, basically to effectively replace some of the coke, which is a form of charcoal from coal. And basically what they found is after the trial the steel quality is not impacted in the negative way, furnace efficiency was great, and most importantly the regarding air emissions. Based on the data available, looks like crumb rubber can be a suitable alternative to conventional carbon when looking at gas emissions. So it looks like SSAB is looking at this will be putting this material into their furnaces and hopefully rest around the rest of the country get rid of live scrap tires and make our steel.
Speaker 1: Hey, there is nothing wrong with any kind of productive recycling. I mean there is. And let's make the most of what we've got available at all times. Thank you very much, Steve. We got to move along as seven to eleven now one hundred WLW.
Speaker 24: Sometimes I get a little hungry in the afternoon, but instead of reaching for junk food, I pull out a healthy pack of number one Shogun dried cuttlefish. The Crunchies dried cuttlefish guaranteed the perfect salty fish munch you While listening.
Speaker 14: To Eddie and Rocky, Dried cuttlefish is an excellent source of protein and calcium. Eddie and Rocky are an excellent source for local issues, one of a kind interviews and fun times Eddie and Rockey Monday afternoon at three.
Speaker 21: On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Side here on the headlines of the day and the news this week, specifically the assassination of two innocent people in our nation's capital by a crazy person who believes that free Palestine means killed Jews. I'm not Jewish, but I am a Zionist, So you want to shoot medie it here? I am as a Christian, I can be nothing but a Zionist because the Bible tells me that Israel is the Promised Land. Zionism only means that you believe that Jews belong in Israel, that it is there, God's chosen people, God's Promised Land, the Holy Land. That's all that means. And I firmly believe that. And yes, Jesus was a Jew, not a Palestinian. Like some drag queen on the news said, unbelievable. A lot of mixed up people out there in the world. No room for that kind of hate, no matter how you feel about Gaza or anything else. I am a Zionist, so unafraid, and I hope more Christians will stand up and claim their Zionism as well, because the Bible says so. And that's reason good enough for me. What does Tom Davis say? I call this the just wild lackey stories that don't involve hate or death or destruction. I hope Tom Davis. What do you got?
Speaker 21: Good morning, Gary, Jeff This week five k's worth of nakedness. But first in Pennsylvania, a lunch lady who had had enough finally took action and taped a kid's mouth shut. The Stroudsburg School district says they're terminating Dorothy Lanza after she failed to deliver an acceptable standard of care when it comes to protecting students. As it was a joke, I'm just wondering did it work. A New York City man was out enjoying a bike path when he was bit by a copperhead snake of all things. The snake bit him on his right index finger. He was rushed to Hackensack University Medical Center and was saved from permanent damage. In India, a missing man joined the search party looking for him. He went out the night before and had a little too much to drink and wandered into the woods. The next day, he joined the search party and was calling out his own name when he realized that he was the Bahen Mootlo that the group was looking for. He was quickly reunited with his wife and friends. And finally, It's a five K like no other. A South Carolina nudist resort is hosting a clothing optional five K race. It's scheduled to kick off in just a few weeks. They already have one hundred and sixty one people signed up. The guy organizing it says that getting naked in any other race would cause the police to be involved, but on their private land. Well, you can have your private swinging and bouncing along as much as you'd like. While the five k's take off, last year's Naked Winter had a time of twenty one minutes and forty five seconds. Next week, a Turkish toddler becomes the youngest corporate executive ever.
Speaker 1: Have a great Memorial Day weekend?
Speaker 18: Yeah wow, last, does anyone have any questions for the sanitation worker logan?
Speaker 24: If you find a dead body in a trash can, do you have to stop what you're doing?
Speaker 1: Or do you just toss it in the garbage truck and go?
Speaker 25: Sometimes you'd rather have someone else take on the tough questions.
Speaker 1: That's when you listen to Scott Sloan. I'll give you some expert guess. I'll give you your chance to talk together. Maybe we can solve a few things. Then again, maybe not.
Speaker 25: Check out Sloaning Monday morning at nine on seven hundred w welw Hey.
Speaker 16: It's Mateggor with my guy John from Window World.
Speaker 7: John.
Speaker 1: We hear all the time about energy star windows. What are they?
Speaker 21: Well, the government gets involved time, we'll fix it, guaranteed for your money back, say forty percent your first year with my name Clay as your promo code at LifeLock dot com. LifeLock for the threats you can't control. Terms apply.
Speaker 15: Not too bad of a weekend shaping up as we're in the mid forties this morning, but climb to around seventy this afternoon with mostly sunny skies. Tonight we drop down to around fifty. We start off tomorrow partly sunny. Temperatures climbed to just shy of seventy, and we could see a quick shower in the afternoon from a severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Seven hundred WLW Sports Lillam Tomlinson.
Speaker 1: There is so much going on this weekend, including the Reds and the Cubs. After just you know what, the Cubs did what they always do and what they've done all season long. They scored runs, and they scored runs at the right time last night when the Reds thought they might get away with one Hunter Green starting on the mound and pitching well as Hunter Green has pretty much all season long, but then the bullpen let the Reds down, and I don't know if as much the bullpen as it was Chicago's just potent offense, which they prove in time and time again all season long against almost everybody in the league.
Speaker 17: Yeah, the Cubs are just a deep team, and I think the Cubs are just a good team in general. But the Reds bullpen on a Hunter Green night, those losses hurt the worst. When you have a four run lead at one point and you have Hunter Green on the mound in the same game. Those are the games you have to win if you want to be a good ball club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, and again I'm going to ask about the feasibility of keeping Ian Jabou in the bullpen. I mean, I hate to point to one guy, but he has been a part of failure on that back end of the bullpen over and over again. That's why he was sent down.
Speaker 17: And the roster construction really doesn't make sense at the moment. I don't really understand the need for three catchers, especially we're not going to play one of them. I get Austin wins was good when Tyler Stevenson was hurt, but resigns. He can hit a ball out of the park, and if you have the chance for pop. You kind of need that in the lineup right.
Speaker 1: Now, absolutely, and Stevenson really hasn't been the same since he came back. With that being said, the Reds lose last night thirteen to six, and today we go at it again, another try against the first place Cubs, and the Reds are only six and a half games back, so it's not like the season is lost, but this is a pivotable series and the Cubs have them.
Speaker 17: The Reds face the Cubs again next weekend as well, so if they take this series starting tonight with first pitch set at four times, inside pitch coverage at three ten, you have a chance to catch up those six and a half real quick. You catch all that action right here on the home of the Red seven hundred wlw our FC.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati Soccer Club has been either in first place or flirting with it all year long, had the against Columbus and the Hell is Real match last week, and they're back added on the road tomorrow.
Speaker 17: The one Too Blue are currently one point back of first place for the Supporters Shield. The pregame coverage for tomorrow's match against Atlanta United begins at six point thirteen. Kickoff is set for seven you got NBA playoffs going on. The Knicks lose another one at home, and now we're down two oh to the Pacers. Heading back to Indiana after the game last night, Yeah, Pacers win one, fourteen to one oh nine, taking two on the road and coming back to Indianapolis for a Sunday everybody match.
Speaker 1: Everybody who cares and watched it was talking about how Indiana came back in that first game against the Knicks and pushed the game to overtime, eventually winning, And I had somebody say it was the most exciting basketball game they'd seen all year.
Speaker 17: Tyrese Haliburton is eleven to twelve on game winning shots this year. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In the West, what's going on out there?
Speaker 17: Nuggets, Thunder play a game three tonight. Ok see, leads the series two oh but a series does not start until you lose at home. Now, excuse me, though, Timberwolves, and the Timberwolves are looking to get one this evening at eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Got the Indianapolis five hundred, the greatest spectacle in racing, Big Racing Day tomorrow and then the Coca Cola six hundred, which is the one hundred and twenty ninth Cup race hosted Charlotte Motor Speedway one point five mile Oval, and is anybody trying to do both this year.
Speaker 17: And the Monaco Grand Prix if you can have a private jet.
Speaker 1: Right exactly if you feel like heading to Monaco for Memorial Day weekend. Now, Charles Schwab is going on in the PGA and none of the big names really there. I guess Scotti Scheffler decided to take this one off even though he was entered in the tournament after winning the PGA last week, which was just that was a remarkable victory for Scotty. Yeah, what a win for Scotty Cheffer.
Speaker 17: It felt like he was close this year who never got over the hump, and it just felt like the week before at the Byron Cup, it really all came together when he shot thirty under and set himself up for a successful PGA tour.
Speaker 1: YEP, absolutely good stuff all weekend long, and of course Taste of Cincinnati, which kicks off this morning at eleven o'clock. Jim Lebarber, the music Professor, is here with Rock and Roll Archaeology just after the news at seven thirty five, and there's still still much more to come. Including gifts from Wally and the rest. On the Saturday morning edition, It's seven twenty six and some change. Glad to have you with us seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: The Riveting podcast What Happened to Talina czaar On revels the chilling mystery surrounding a woman's disappearance during the COVID nineteen lockdown, the Internet sleuths who Wouldn't Let It Go, and the dark subcultures and betrayals they unearthed.
Speaker 15: There were a lot of secrets that were very hard to find.
Speaker 26: Listen to What Happened to Delenazar on America's number one podcast network, iHeart. Follow What Happened to Telenazar and start listening on the free iHeartRadio app Today.
Speaker 27: I'm Joey Logano. You ever number twenty two Discount Tire Forward Mustang. My picker keeps my car and my tire is rolling safely during races. But you don't need a picker to be tire smart. You can find your vehicles recommended tire pressure in the owner's manual or on a sticker on the driver's side door. Check tire pressure at least once a month in before every long journey and don't forget to spare.
Speaker 1: For more information, visit btiresmart dot org. A message from the Rubber Manufacturers Association.
Speaker 11: Find savings everywhere you turn during the Memorial Day sale at Furniture Fair Shop.
Speaker 16: Incredible holiday jump.
Speaker 15: Well, it's gonna be a pretty nice start to the weekend. Temperatures this morning, starting off in the mid forties, we get a lot of sunshine today. Temperatures end up below average again right around that seventy degree remark, but with mostly sunny skies down to fifty tonight before we start off partly sunny tomorrow with a quick chance for rain in the afternoon, a high just shy of seventy. Former severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: Gady is clear forty seven degrees right now. Next update of eight thirty. I'm Brian Colmemsn NEOs Radio seven WLW.
Speaker 16: News twenty four hours a day. It was a Radio seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 1: Into yet another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, May twenty fourth, twenty twenty five, Memorial Day weekend. Taste of Cincinnati Red's in the Cubs game two this afternoon rots here my friends, and how about a little science a science minute that is with science Mike waiting for this all morning.
Speaker 11: Law Yes, as a night scientist's a bit surprising, now binding me with It's.
Speaker 1: A bit surprising, indeed always a bit surprising what he comes up with. Michael, good morning, How are you, sir? Mike? Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I can?
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, all right, let's get do it. Have you Memorial Day.
Speaker 1: Weekend and a good Real Day weekend to you as well, sir.
Speaker 12: So, my my wife says she really enjoys the professor's segment and I would really like to meet him. And uh, but she never says anything about liking science Mike's segment, but just to just to say that she enjoys professors.
Speaker 1: Here's here's the thing, before we get into any of this, Michael, my wife enjoys the show, right uh, And and I think she enjoys the show not for me. She enjoys the show for you, for Steve Shilty, for the music professor, for mo, for all the different parts that make up this show. She gets enough of me on a regular basis. I mean, my wife can tune into the Gary Jeff Show and has to tune into it whether she wants to or not on a regular And you know what, if I'm tired of hearing me talk, which but people don't believe, but after almost forty five years of doing radio, I really am sick of hearing me. I hear me all many times. I tell myself to shut up. Yeah, exactly. So imagine what it's like for your your loving spouse. She cares about you, she loves you, but she gets more. She gets like a science eon at home. She doesn't need a science mint it on Saturday morning, but she she doesn't get enough of the music. I mean unless unless we don't know something that is real, Michael. She's not living with the music professor or spending any time off the radio with him. So that's probably why she enjoys him so much for the few minutes she gets to hear him on Saturday. Did you ever consider.
Speaker 12: This, I'll have to get the meeting together at the bar sometime, but to go over the photo album.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, when keepsake, Kim get gets the the anniversary book together and we'll have a time to get together at the bar to view what was a wonderful anniversary party again this year. Then perhaps the professor will be there. You can bring the wife and she can get her fixed. Finally, of Jim Lebarbara. So what have you got for us this morning?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: Real quick.
Speaker 12: Borgia one is back in the news again. You know, Borger one was launcheding nineteen seventy seven. The Worger one's way out there. Yeah, it's fifty five billion miles away, so it's a fifteen billion actually, it's way out there. The problem is that we have secondary primary thrusters on the spacecraft, and in two thousand and four, the roll thrusters, which tell the spacecraft which started to look at the orient itself to earth the roll thruster, the primary went off line. The heaters broke. They didn't think it was going to ever. You know, they had backups, so they just went to the backup, never dreaming that it would last another twenty years. But they went back to look at the frustra issue. Because these just like in our fuel lines and our fuel injection, to get clogged, you got to put the gum out of it. And right these propellant lines are getting clogged up on the spacecraft and the primary is needed for the roll thruster to get back online.
Speaker 7: And they found out that they actually somebody.
Speaker 3: Turned off the heaters.
Speaker 1: They heat the.
Speaker 12: Line for the propellant to come through, and the problem is it's twenty three hour length of communication when you sent a command to this spacecraft way out there to get any answer back. So they had to take a chance to fire up the turn the thruster the heaters back on, and at the if the craft was off a little bit, it would automatically say, hey, kick on the roll thrusters to lie to the star. If that happened, and they had these heaters that didn't turn on, the kind of the spacecraft will kind of like have a little mild explosion. So they had to take a chance of fire the heaters on and then the thrusters kicked it and everything. Actually it's amazing, but then they fixed it that it works again and they have their primary back primary system thrusters back online for this thing.
Speaker 1: You said, Voyager, you said, is what fifteen billion miles away from Earth?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Fifteen yeah, fifteen billions five miles.
Speaker 1: Per hour nineteen seventy one, seventy seven, nineteen seventy seven and they and they can't make a car that lasts forty thousand miles without needing a transmission. What does that tell you? It tells you. It tells you that they're into selling more cars, is what it tells you. They're not selling any more Voyagers. All right, Michael. Thanks And by the way, Voyager was made in the USA. Correct, that's correct, USA, USA, USA. Thank you, Michael. Have a great weekend. We'll take a break.
Speaker 8: Here's a line drive to center field that.
Speaker 28: Is an Entucker Park bomb run and he just did him deep the right toward the corner and gone grand slam kimble Ridge charge ahead of the Cubs in a springtime slugfest. Catch the call live today at three ten pm on seven hundred WLWO Dreamful Free. I'm a new and improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 29: Excuse me, I know you have a nine o'clock so I'll keep this short. I'm the business suit in the back of your closet. You wore me nearly every day before your office went quote casual. I used to be the CEO of your closet. Now I'm just that one intern no one ever talks to. I always thought you'd circle back with me get granular, keep me in the pipeline, but nada, nothing. Don't you remember the McKittrick presentation. You've spilled coffee on me and I still looked amazing during the breakout talk back Q and A. So I think it's time for me to move on. I've got a great resume and I absolutely crush it in interviews. Okay, let's make this a clean break shift the paradigm. The only thing I ask is that you think outside the box here and do this. Take me to good Will where I can really make a difference.
Speaker 22: Your donations to Goodwill create new jobs, training programs, and education assistance for people in your community. To find your nearest donation center, go to Goodwill dot org. Donate stuff, create your job. A message from Goodwill and the ad Council.
Speaker 1: Your forecast down this holiday weekend. Good day today, sunshine pleasant of only seventy though tomorrow up to sixty seven, and Memorial Day mostly cloudia high seventy two. There is the slightest chance of rain Sunday afternoon, they say, whoever they are, But other than that, no big issues with the weather this weekend. It's fifty one right now at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: This is a special notice to US taxpayers, owing ten thousand dollars or more to the IRS.
Speaker 1: Tax Relief Advocates is urgently notifying taxpayers that tax being up.
Speaker 15: As we're in the mid forties this morning, but climb to around seventy this afternoon of mostly sunny skies. Tonight we drop down to around fifty. We start off tomorrow partly sunny, temperatures climb to just shy of seventy and we could see a quick shower in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: For a severe weather station.
Speaker 15: I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: It is fifty one degrees right now, Radar is clear. Our next update at nine. I'm Brian Colmes News Radio so a WLUB.
Speaker 16: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Good morning kids time will gifts from Wally And this does not sound like me and my wife. A woman's helping her husband set up as a computer and at the appropriate point in the process, he told him he'd now need to enter a password, something he could easily remember and use each time he would log on. Well, the husband's kind of a smart Alec and figured he would try for the shock and awe to bring to his wife's attention. So when the computer asked him to enter his password, he made it plainly obvious to his wife that he was King and p E N I S. His wife fell off the chair laughing when the Peter replied password rejected not long enough.
Speaker 25: Seven HUNDREDL Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Listen for all your music.
Speaker 25: Radio and podcast free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred and WLW join.
Speaker 9: The Reds when they battle the Brewers in a three game set June second through the fourth, presented by Kroger Zero Hunger Zero.
Speaker 1: How we doing We're doing well, sir. How are you, my friend?
Speaker 8: I'm good man. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Sounds like you're on the road again today, mo I am, Yes, sir, good stuff. Do you ever get out to taste of Cincinnati anymore? I've been like one time in the thirty years I've lived here, and it was fun, but it was just one of those things that you know what, I can go and eat any of these places anytime if I want to without being in the throng. Do you thrive on the throng of Taste of Cincinnati or are you kinda I mean, are you over it? It's a huge celebration. It's the best food festival in the nation from what I've heard and what I've experienced myself. Where does mowegger come down on Taste of Cincinnati on Memorial Day weekend in Cincinnati, Ohio?
Speaker 8: Big Taste of Cincinnati guy, especially when the Reds are in town, which they are this weekend, and you can make it a Taste of Cincinnati Red kind of double header, which I plan on doing tomorrow. I'm always amused by the people who go to Tastes of Cincinnati and just try some of the same familiar things they can find in their own neighborhood.
Speaker 3: But I like it.
Speaker 8: I typically find one or two places that I haven't been to before that I get a chance to sample, and sometimes I'll be compelled to actually go to that restaurant. Always run into people that I know. Oh so, yeah, I uh, I like Cincinnati a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's it's like you said, though, it always kind of makes me go, well, what's the point if all you're gonna do is go to sayl Ross. Nothing wrong with l Roses, lovel Roses, but I mean, you can go there any day of the week. It's very accessible. There's multiple locations if you want a Lorosa's pie or anything else on their menu. It's not exactly a unique thing to find at the teast of Cincinnati, and yet people are lined up in long lines waiting for Lo Ros's or you know, any of the other, as you say, more accessible restaurants. I like to find a little ethnicity. I like to find something that's a little bit out of the the realm of the every day and uh, I guess the people watching is the biggest thing. You know, it's a food festival, but it's really about seeing the uh, the different garb that people are wearing, and what they're actually bold enough to go out in public, and and and that. Like anyway, I.
Speaker 8: Enjoy, I enjoy any event where people watching is as good as it is. It tastes of Cincinnati. You're right about the people getting this sort of fair that they score pretty much close to home. You know, It's it's one of my pet peeves. Whenever I go out of town with somebody yeah, and they want to eat at a restaurant that I can eat at in Cincinnati. Uh, that's not my jam. But as our former leader told us, Daryl Barks Wants gave me one of the best pieces of advice I've ever gotten doing sports talk radio, because this applies to.
Speaker 1: So many things.
Speaker 8: People don't know what they like, they like what they know. You see that it tastes of Cincinnati, absolutely.
Speaker 1: And the people watching is much better at tastes of Cincinnati than say, Walmart. The Reds playing the Cubs this weekend, and the Reds got a dose of what the rest of the league has gotten so far out of the Cubs when they play them. And that's just that offense that no lead is ever safe. And we saw that last night, and it speaks to a couple of key things. But first and foremost wasn't last night and the pounding that the Reds wind up taking more about the Cubs than it was the Reds.
Speaker 8: I was about to say that exact same thing. You know, I know we're going to focus on the Reds deficiencies, and you know, I kind of had a excuse me, a bad feeling when Hunter Green gave up that two run homer and labored through the fourth because you knew what that being his first start coming off the injury list, it probably wasn't going to give the Reds much length. And obviously the Reds had some defensive issues and both en issues. But I think you're right that Chicago offense the best in the sport. Jeff brantley'sad on the radio broadcast last night, It's a lineup that you look at and go where's the hole. You know, they have Nico Horner betting at the bottom of their order. He was their leadoff hitter for years. They just have hitters after hitters after hitters. It's a really hard lineup to navigate. And I think you saw that last night. I think you saw firsthand why the Chicago Cups have led the National League Central pretty much all seats along, and why they were the odds on favorite to win this division and why it's their division to lose.
Speaker 18: They have pitching.
Speaker 8: Rotation issues, they've had to deal with injuries there, but they can score with anybody. And it came in a flash last night. I mean that game went from six to two to eight six like that, and that speaks to how good their offense.
Speaker 1: Is I don't want to single anybody out, but I'm going to is the Ian Jabo experiment over once and for all.
Speaker 8: It's a tough one because I think he's actually been better than a lot of people would suggest, and I think he was sort of failed by his defense last night. Yeah, but there's some validity to that, you know.
Speaker 1: I think if you look at that.
Speaker 8: Bullpen and you were to rank in order of trustworthiness in a high leverage situation, he might be at the bottom, which means he's the last guy in the bullpen, which means, in many respects, he's the last guy on the team. And so I think you're being reasonable if you wonder if there's someone at Louisville or somewhere else that might be a better option. I think that's totally fair. You know, you go back to opening day when when Terry Francona called upon Ianjebou to get the final three outs and it didn't work, and we all said, well, wait a minute, you're gonna use the guy who was the last one to make the team to get the final three outs of the first game of the season. And it's just really and he's been injured, but it just really hasn't gotten that much better. And it's a shame because there are some other really good arms having good seasons in the bullpen and he and jebau is not one of them.
Speaker 1: Us side for the Reds, how good is Hayes and how good can he be?
Speaker 8: You know, I tell you what the question is, and how good is he going to be? The question is can he stay healthy? He is a guy you know, they acquired him because they needed somebody who could hit lefties. Quite frankly, he's the only guy on the team right now who's hitting lefties. He's been good in the field, He's been really good at the plate. You know, he just has a pretty lengthy injury history. He's already been on the inter list twice so far this season. He has a long history of leg issues, half and hamstring specifically. But he was a really solid pickup and he had some really good seasons in Baltimore. And you saw when the Reds went back to Baltimore maybe a month or so ago, you know, his first game playing against the Orioles since he was traded last year, that crowd gave him a standing ovation. That tells you and he was a starter on teams that went to the postseason. You know, it didn't really work out for him when they traded him to Philadelphi last year, But yeah, can you imagine where this offense would be without him? And can you imagine what this offense would look like if he suffered another injury and hopefully he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Last week, we were talking about your New York Knicks finally overcoming and getting back on track to maybe win another NBA championship, and then they ran into the Indiana Pacers at home. Do you think that maybe the Knicks emptied their chamber emotionally with the series with Boston getting over that hump, and maybe now they're paying for it against the Pacers.
Speaker 8: Well, I feared that going into the series, but they had a fourteen point lead with three minutes ago in Game one, So I would imagine that they built that lead on the strength of, no, not just executing really well and playing really good on offense specifically, but being emotion ready to sort of bounce back from the high of beating the Boston Celtics, and then over those last three minutes in and overtime.
Speaker 1: They just melt it down.
Speaker 8: It's one of the most ethic collapses i've ever seen in Game one the other night, where the Knicks had a whole cacophony of turnovers, lazy defense, miss free throws, fifty to fifty balls that didn't.
Speaker 1: Go their way.
Speaker 8: But you have to credit the Indiana Pacers, and I think we've talked about this last week. Offensively, when you're not yelling at the television imploring the other team to get a stop the way I have been these first two games, their offense is something to behold because I don't know how you defend them. They have bigs that if you don't double, they kill you. But if you do double, you leave any one of their shooters open. They get to the rim, they run inventive, creative stuff.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 8: One of the issues that a lot of people have with the NBA, and I would cut myself among these people, is that all the offenses look the same, that there's too many frees, but too many frees taken at the end of you know what are pretty much, you know, non creative offensive possessions. The Indiana Pacers fly in the face of that. You know, if you love great offensive basketball, both up and down, playing in a really fast pace, which they do, but also execution in the half court. You gotta watch the Pacers. They've been awesome in this series. They were terrific last night. Every time it felt like the Knicks and that New York crowd was gonna get into it, or it felt like the Knicks may build not an insurmountable lead, but build a big lead, the Pacers had a response on offense. They're really fun to watch. They're probably gonna make the NBA Finals and will be a deserving representative at the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 1: Of that happened, a lot of people I have talked to or are motor racing enthusiasts this weekend and the rest of the time maybe not so much. I'll tell you who I am as far as the Indy five hundred goes. I'm the kind of guy that waits for back home again in Indiana and the start of the race, and then I'll kind of peek in every once in a while to see how the race is going, and I'll want to watch the finish, but for the bulk of the time, I'm not really paying any attention. And it's the same way with all races for me. The Coca Cola six hundred today, which is another huge NASCAR race on the back of the Great American Race. Are you are you like me? I mean, you might watch the start of the Indy five hundred and maybe peak in occasionally.
Speaker 8: You know, it's it's not unlike the Army Navy game for me, which is on my bucket list of sporting events to attend. And nothing against those individual football teams, but what brings me to the set is the pageantry, right, the spectacles, you know, regardless of which you're rooting for, I just think that's always such a really cool event. And then sometimes once the game starts, depending on how good Army or Navy is, it's not the best football game. But I watched the free game for the Army Navy game every year. The Indianapolis five hundred is the same for me. I've been lucky enough to attend it four times. I couldn't tell you who won any of the races. I couldn't even tell you that I watched combined across those four races one hundred laps, But the thirty or forty minutes before the race starts is something to watch. It's really cool and it's cool to watch on television.
Speaker 7: I was listening to you.
Speaker 8: And Liam talk about the Indy five hundred and the Coca Cola six hundred and wondering if anybody was going to do what others have done, which is race and both. And it's remarkable to me over the last twenty five or so years, you know, if you were were at the turn of the century, how huge NASCAR was, like, how mainscreen NASCAR was.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and you know, I'm.
Speaker 3: A huge sports fan.
Speaker 8: I don't know that I can name five NASCAR drivers right now, and I think most people are just like me.
Speaker 1: No, I mean not right now at the turn of the century. Absolutely I could have I could have checked him off, Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Junior. You know, yeah, so uh but yeah, so anyway, it's it's it's a big Memorial Day weekend event, both of them are. And for those that are enthusiastic and enjoy them all the better. Moe, have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend yourself, sir, and thank you for spending some time with us again this morning.
Speaker 4: I likewise, and we're talking next week, all.
Speaker 1: Right, very nice, Well, counselor, here we are Memorial Day weekend. Yep, any big plans, No, not really.
Speaker 30: I would like to it's a Reds game if I could. Giving a speech Monday morning for the Boy Scouts in Clarksville, Ohio. So I'm looking forward to that. I did it about five years ago. Great group.
Speaker 1: Were you a boy Scout?
Speaker 30: Well, I was, didn't do real well though. I couldn't get that damn fire started for some.
Speaker 1: I was a Cub Scout. I never made it to Boy Scouts, okay, but I built the Crystal radio set. Can you tell where my brain was even back as like a ten year older.
Speaker 30: I remember though my brother had and those are pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So what's on the show today.
Speaker 30: Well, we're going to be talking about, obviously the new revelations about Joe Biden with the cancer, which obviously you know, I hope he does okay with it. But to keep that from the country is just this is shaping up to be the biggest scandal in the history of this country.
Speaker 1: All of it. Well, from the fraudulent election in twenty twenty. What the revelation for me has been and I kind of already knew this. There was nothing, not one thing real about the Biden presidency, not the fact that he ascended to the office, not the fact that he wasn't in charge of anything obviously, which a lot of us knew and talked about. Yeah, and now this cancer that one doctor said he could have had for ten years and it could have affected everything, even his cognitive ability.
Speaker 30: These people are amazing, man, and somebody needs, or some more than one person needs to be held accountable for this. You just can't have this in a democracy. And I think even some of the Democrats now are talking about it. Wouldn't it be NICEO, Gary, Jeff if we could have a bi partisan investigation of this with bipartisan solutions. I hold my breath, but that would be the best way to handle it.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's time to change the name of the Democrat Party to the Communist Party, because that's what they are.
Speaker 30: They might as well, I mean, that's the things they espouse.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on. Is anybody particular on the show that you want to know?
Speaker 30: Yeah? I have Christopher Schmithman calling. He's love talking to him. Janis Heisel. We got some good topics we're going to talk about. And of course, yet he at eleven thirty on our beloved Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: All right, Memorial Day weekend after the show show at Huddles, if you want to come on down to Mama Street there in Newport and spend some time with us, we'd love to see you. And don't forget the farewell tour in Ripley tomorrow afternoon at two at Brookies seven hundred WLW. Thinking about a new roof? Is your chimney in need of repair? The experts at Vondahar are ready to help.