Speaker 1: Figure out who Johnny Hustle is, Charlie Hustle, Sean killed the music. I had another show planned for you tonight. You want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. And for Cincinnati Reds fans in many cases across the board, for baseball fans who loved great iconic players. Today was kind of a punch in the mouth when we got the news that and yes, by God, Peter Edward Rose had passed at the age of eighty three, not been well for a while. That was kind of known. Nobody talked about it, including Pete. But it's one of these nights where the show that was planned, eh, it goes out the window, at least for tonight. I remember December eighth, nineteen eighty I was on the air at a station in Nashville whatever. I was just young and part time, and I was tuning into the station. I wasn't there at the time because they were doing a transmitter test of their new one hundred thousand transmitter, big deal for us, and I was listening to the white noise, the static of an FM signal that wasn't there, And then all of a sudden, it kicked in booming, and the first words out of the announcer's mouth was John Lennon is dead. And for a lot of people, now, John Lennon was forty years old, but for a lot of people in Cincinnati who were devout Reds fans, this is like the news. And I'm not trying to do the weird comparison thing, but I guess I am Elvis died. The Elvis of hitting in Major League Baseball just passed. To get some reactions tonight, and I want your reactions. Phone lines are going to be open for at least a couple of hours five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, but we have some regular night tap people on to talk about this. And I give him the credit of saying he's regular. Andy Furman, Uh, what were your first thoughts when you heard that Pete Rose had died?
Speaker 2: First off, the shaker, I'm heartbroken, and I want to commend you because the way you introduced this whole situation, because the last hour or so, I'm listening to news and I'm scanning the dial both on radio and TV, and all I hear about is iconic baseball player who gambled and gambled. No, this is not a night to talk about what he has accomplished or not accomplished. This is a night to take care and honor and remember one of our own. He was born here in Cincinnati, loved the game of baseball, and honestly, Gary Jiff, I cannot name five people right hand that have done more of an impact in any sport this I've been alive and any sport maybe forever you got Michael Jordan and basketball, Pete Rose in baseball maybe, I don't know, Tom Brady and football, perhaps maybe Jimmy Brown, I don't know. I agree Rose is the man, and I don't want to talk about what his past wore, accomplishments or his miscues. Don't want to talk about that. It's not the time of place now.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that forty two to fifty six is. It's okay because also it is a time for the celebration of a life that brought a lot of joy to a lot of fans in sports, especially here in Cincinnati, with the Big Red Machine in nineteen season he played. He played more games than anybody else, more at bats than anybody else, and nobody could hit the ball like Pete Rose.
Speaker 2: And more hits than anybody else, Yes.
Speaker 1: More hits than anybody else in the history of the game. And the fact that he went through every game sixty miles an hour into a brick wall. That's how he played. And there was nothing he wouldn't do to try and win.
Speaker 2: But I'm here to remember, and I may have seen Pee Rose more off the baseball field than on the baseball field.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it.
Speaker 2: Because when I first arrived in Cincinnati, and this is back in the fall of eighty one, I was the publicist that then Latonia Racecourse, which is now Turfway Park, and when baseball season ended, Pete Rose made Latonia Race Course his home and I would spend almost every night. We raced five six nights a.
Speaker 4: Week during the winter months, and he was there.
Speaker 2: And you know, people will comment about a good bet or a different but it's legal to bet on horse racing. And he loved the sport of thorough and racing. And we got to know one another. And as the time wore on, you know, his wife and my wife became friends, and they traveled together at times. But more than that, I remember a time when I was kind of a one percent two percent owner of a minor league baseball team in Richmond, Indiana called the Richmond Roosters in the Frontier League, which is no more. We sold it years ago and they were looking for a guest for their All Star dinner. The All Star game was in Richmond, Indiana, and Pete Rose came spoke to the to the All Stars the day before and stay for the game the next night in Richmond, Indiana at the Don McBride Stadium, and right after the game. He wanted to get paid in cash, and he did, and we took a limo out there. Arnie met his good friend and mine and we were out there and we came back, and you know, it was a wonderful evening.
Speaker 3: So he was a friend.
Speaker 2: And several years later there was a mon league ball club in Wilmington and Wilmington, Ohio, and they wanted Pete to come there as well. And the only kind of drawback, or if you want to say, the reasoning of what he wanted in his contract, he wanted to fly there. And it was a forty five minute flight from Cincinnati and a private plane to Wilmington. However, he still wanted to go by plane, so we boarded the plane and was Arnie meant myself and Pete. We get up in the air and Pete had a tremendous sense of humor. May he rest his soul and he says to me and Arnie on the flight, did any of you guys know how to fly a plane? I said no, Arnie says no. We look at one another. What's he talking about?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Well, what happens if the pilot it's a heart attack. That's that's Pete Rose's humor. And I got to know it first class first.
Speaker 5: But this.
Speaker 1: Is not an odd consideration. I think that he was being very pragmatic. Andy anything else real quick, because we have the phone lines open and people are starting to want to open up about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to hear the people. I really want to hear the people talk because you know, you know how I feel. I choked up, but I have nothing else to say. He's one of those guys in life you don't think's ever going to pass. He's always going to be there. And when I got the news today, I kind of thought it was quote fake news. I thought people do that at the times, they just say that, but it was confirmed when I heard it I couldn't believe it. And I heard you open the show saying that we knew he was ill. I never knew he was sick. I know he had tremendously bad needs because he'd come in to see thout the crump check every couple of months to get shots. But other than that, I just I have.
Speaker 3: Heard things in confidence. That's all I'm want to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, I believe you know. I mean, I'm not questioning you, but I didn't know that he was us signing autographs probably seventy two hours ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what's the way he is.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: No, he was right up to the end, like I said, sixty miles an hour into a brick wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to thank you, but I want to thank you for permitting me to speak my peace and the man.
Speaker 4: I loved him, I really did.
Speaker 6: I loved him.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to stay here and make this into an argument.
Speaker 1: Of oh shit, I just cut Andy off now, you know what, And he's right, and we're not going to talk about an argument about the Hall of Fame. Although many of us think that he definitely belongs in the Baseball Hall of Fame for his efforts on the field and the joy that he gave so many people for so many years.
Speaker 3: We have Greg Horde on the line.
Speaker 1: Thank you Greg for taking the time to chime in tonight about Pete Rose.
Speaker 7: Hi, Garry, how are you?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 1: I'm well, I'm still here talking to you, So that means that something's going right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, both of us, both of us.
Speaker 3: So your thoughts.
Speaker 10: My thoughts.
Speaker 11: You know, I agree with so much of what Andy said, and Andy like Pete was a friend. The thing that I think of when I think of Petere's I've never known anyone who enjoyed their job more than Pete Rose enjoyed his his utter love for every moment that was involved with his baseball career as a player. Now as a manager, of that kind of changed. But as a player, I've never known anyone like that. And I said earlier, I was talking to someone. I said that there are two things, two moments that I'll never forget about Peet.
Speaker 2: One was the look in his eye.
Speaker 11: The night he broke Ty Cobb's record that night, and also the night that I had to confront him with the news that baseball had betting slips, and the heartbreak that was in his eyes that night, the joy and the heartbreak, and then that kind of brings me to the thought that, like Andy was talking about, I can't think the single soul who has brought this city more joy on one hand in his playing career and more sorrow with the whole Hall of Fame tortuous.
Speaker 10: Year after year debate.
Speaker 11: And the fact that you know, there's so many of us and I had a Hall of Fame vote for a long long time. The thing that I think that hurts so many of us who had the vote, and I won't discuss my feelings about that other than to say this, I think that, more than betting, what we were hurt by was the fact that he lied and we felt like he was a brother and that he lied to us about this unfortunate thing. In other words, had he just said I did it, damn it, I'm sorry, it would have all gone away. And I will forever believe that. But that borders on the whole Hall of Fame argument that I know you don't want to get into.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not that I didn't.
Speaker 1: Andy didn't want to get into it, and Greg, that's fine, But again I would rather talk about the joy part. And this is not manufactured joy like a political campaign. This is the real joy of watching Pete Rose expend every last ounce of his energy and adrenaline on a baseball field and just when it took whatever it took, sliding had first barreling over somebody, you know, just charging a ball like nobody else charged the ball, and Jerry.
Speaker 11: Jeff that this was a common man doing it. This was not someone with great talent was this was one of us. This was a regular guy who took regular a regular guy's talent, but had this heart and this soul that drove him, drove him with this spectacular energy to reach these feats, and I think that's one of the reasons that we all loved the guy.
Speaker 1: Well, Greg, you, like you said, you saw the look in his eyes on both occasions person to person, and those are just a couple of things that you will always remember about Pete Rose, and thank you for sharing those with us tonight.
Speaker 7: Quite welcome, Jerry Jeff, thanks for asking you.
Speaker 3: Bet Doug in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: We got a few minutes before the break you were on early What are your thoughts about the passing of Pete Rose.
Speaker 12: Gary Jeff, it's really good to talk to you. I'll be honest with you. My wife was out and she called me, said, Pete Rose died. I didn't know, and my first thought was, thank god, now he's going to get into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's Isn't that sad that we have have to be faced.
Speaker 6: It's very sad.
Speaker 12: Gary, Jeff, I've been a Reds fan for I'm I'm I'm your age. I'll be sixty four this year. I've been following the Red.
Speaker 3: Since telling hey, quit telling people my age.
Speaker 6: I know how you are.
Speaker 12: Actually you're you're lit roader than me, so that means you're right.
Speaker 3: Ahead.
Speaker 12: Anyway, Pete Rose, to me was the greatest ballplayer in the history of the world. And I'm just saying because you got four thousand and two of some hits with the talent and he was an average guy, he should There's no reason why he should not be and he will be in the Hall of Fame now because he's passed. And that's really sad, it really is.
Speaker 3: It shouldn't it shouldn't have been a discussion.
Speaker 1: You know, jeez, there's a possibility, and and you know people talking that, you know, Barry Bonds and the other players never get into the Hall of Hall of Fame because of the performance enhancing drugs and all of that that the MLB gave a nod and a wink two back in the mid nineties when they wanted the crowds to come back after the strike, and so they allowed this to happen and then blame the players and blackballed them, and those people are black balled. I think it should be a measure of what you did on the field, not anything to do with your moral character. I'm sorry some of my friends will disagree with me, but the Hall of Fame is about what you did, you were famous for in the field of play while you were playing, and nothing else. And Doug, thank you for sharing your thoughts about Pete. It's gonna be, like I said, hard for people to start. Yeah, real quick, go.
Speaker 12: Ahead, Garret, Jeff, I'll listened to you every Saturday morning. And my mother in law is a she's eighty three and she's a Pete Rose. He's in tears because of Pete Rose. And I just wanting to say it's a sad day, but it's a happy day because I really believe Pete Rose is going to get in the Hall of Fame. Because of this.
Speaker 1: Well, as a Christian, I'm hoping it's a happy day in the celebratory day for Pete because he's now.
Speaker 6: An and you know what, one more thing, Go Trump, Go Trump.
Speaker 3: All right, Doug, Thanks, it's talking.
Speaker 1: It's talking about Pete, Pete Rose on the nightcap on seven hundred WLW A.
Speaker 5: Sparky and my dear friend John McNamara and all the way to Lupnella and Tony Perez, Davy Johnson, Ray Knight and my buddy Jack McKeon and all the coaches that worked under them for also helping me in my education of this wonderful game, and all the players over the last twenty seven years, even the guys who didn't particularly care for my style and some still don't today, but especially the guys that are here. Two who are already in Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, and one who's being inducted today, Tony Perez, very vital parts of the big Red machine. They were not only business associates for one of a better term, they were also and still are today very good friends.
Speaker 3: And those from that.
Speaker 5: Team who should be in the hall, and Art.
Speaker 3: Bob Housen. Bob Housen who built.
Speaker 5: Two world championship organizations in Saint Louis and Cincinnati. Davey Concepts, the owned who was the pre eminent shortstop of his time.
Speaker 1: And Yes, by God, Peter Edward Rhodes, Yes, by God, Peter Edward Rose. Marty Brenneman was asked by many people. He told me not to mention Pete Rose at his induction ceremony when Marty became a Hall of Famer. That's what I recall from the conversation. But there was no way that you were going to keep Marty Brenneman silent about what he thought about the hit King, Pete Rose, who passed away today at the age of eighty three. To talk a little bit more about the hit King, and the phone lines are open till eleven o'clock tonight five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred. The Big One, Gary Jeff on a special night cap on a special said, and like I said, if you look at it, a certain way of celebratory night as we remember Peter Edward Rose and Jim Lebarbara, who knew Pete and has some stories for us, Professor, We we had another we had another show planned with each other tonight but that's gonna happen next week, I guess. But tonight you're here on behalf of Pete Rose and his fantastic legacy.
Speaker 3: So tell me what you got.
Speaker 13: Yeah, what a great Did you ever know anybody who was more passionate, who had more blove for baseball than Pete Rose? No one, no one, And it would have been a great ambassador for baseball. And it hit me like a blow to the stomach the santnoon to say, I had a great love affair with Pete Rose, and Pete had that love affair with Cincinnati. And he's one of the first people I met when I came to Cincinnati, went on a cruise with Pete and his wife's and there I can still see him sitting by the poolside the Anthony with a T shirt on, the long pants, working on the tan. And I can remember one night and Scar a Lot is the tngue in Pete's at.
Speaker 9: The bar are.
Speaker 13: Ye didn't drink. He's at the bar area, you know, sitting down with somebody having dinner, and drug came up to Pete gave him all kinds of statics, and I said, oh man, you gotta get Scar a Lot over here to get get this gunk out of here, and before you know it, Pete won the guy over. He's buying him a drink, and a guy loves Pete Rose, and that was Pete Rose. One of the most memorable nights I ever had carry Jeff was teeth Con party had a tennis tournament, celebrity tennis tournament, and after the tournament, I stuck around with Pete Rose and Tank Klezuski and the wives and we set around and I was just there. I mean, the two of them were talking baseball, and it was magic because as much lully as that Ted had, of course, and there's Pete town toe and Ted every pitch that he got.
Speaker 6: To hit on.
Speaker 13: He knew everything about baseball. And I really thought that when Pete Rose came and said, okay, yes, I've been on baseball, that baseball would have taken that and used him, used him, used Pete Rose as an ambassador to take him and just dragging around all the spring training sites to talk to the young guys, to say, guys, I messed up, I screwed up, and here's what you should do. He would have been a great ambassador for the minor leagues and for major League Baseball and because Baseball had that chip on his shoulder, hopefully it's going to drop off now. They could have used him, you know, and so many times partying and the last in the final game at the Riverfront that they had he wasn't allowed to play and walk into the States, but they had that big game at the end of Drew capacity clown and he had me and invited me to play in that celebrity game. The only had two disc jockeings that I want you to be the so wonderful memories of of the Pete Rose and uh, you know, the love of thread this town had with with the hit king. I mean it's you know, and all the joy and all the happiness he gave him the Queen City.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's it's just.
Speaker 13: Amazing and we love him.
Speaker 12: And sympathy of course with his family and David his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, Jim talking to Jim Lear Barbara about Pete Rose. There is nobody that I know that's a bigger baseball fan than you. Uh many that are probably would say, yeah, I'm right up there with But I know you love to go to the games. You've followed the Reds you've suffered and you've celebrated, and tonight we're remembering. So thanks, thanks, thanks for chiming in. I appreciate that. Nancy, good evening, Welcome to the nightcap on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 3: As we remember Pete Rose.
Speaker 14: By Gary Jets in a while started to reconnect on such sad news. Sincere condolences to Pete's family and friends and fellow ball players.
Speaker 10: We had a Our.
Speaker 14: Family had a special connection with Pete on many fronts. My dad played ball with him before he went to the major leagues, and our family business, we were a Beard. We were the first and last Beard distributorship for who to post shangling products and we sponsored all the teams that Pete played on our distributorship did. My brother, Doug was named after Pete because he was born on Pete Rose's birthday. Each named Douglas Edward after Peter Edward. I am the same age as son Renee, and my cousin is the same age as p D.
Speaker 9: Junior.
Speaker 14: So lots of family connections, but again, just a sad day for everyone.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 14: He's being welcomed with open arms by many, like Joe Morgan, others that have gone before us, my dad, my uncle, all people that he played with. He wrote about his days of playing, you know with my dad and and my uncle. They're they're included in one of his books. I just can't say enough good things.
Speaker 10: I mean, even.
Speaker 14: Carolyn, his uh first wife. We knew her well when she went ran the wagon wheel because obviously, being a distributor of beautiful sham ring products, we distributed.
Speaker 3: A lot of cross paths cross.
Speaker 14: Yes, just a little, but my again, sincere condolences, and may he rest in peace, and may those who those who know and love him, you know, hopefully, as your previous color mentioned, you know, hopefully now we see him get into the Hall of Fame. But it's it's slowly a shame that it took something like this to make that happen.
Speaker 3: If it happens, well, I hope right now he's seeing the Lord. Oh thank you. Keith and Dayton.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi Gary, how you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing fine? What do you got?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: I'm staring at a Mizzuno black Mazzuno baseball bat with Pete's autograph on it.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, And.
Speaker 4: He personally gave it to me. And this story goes back some twenty two twenty three years ago. You know, I was telling your producer that I wanted to share a story that would that that at least showed the humanitarian quote unquote Christian side of him, even if he was or wasn't. But in my in my association with Pete during a few years, he was a very giving man, uh to uh provide some things that you know that were used to raise money for charities, you know, and when we when we talk about the character issue, you know, I know we talked about the character issue regarding the betting stuff, but you know, the the peat that I got to know. Uh, I'm sorry, I'm just really upset because this was a very big time.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is this is an emotional moment for a lot of people, just the final, the finality of the letting go of this guy that has so captivated their interest in the Cincinnati Reads over all these years.
Speaker 3: I totally get it, Keith.
Speaker 4: So, I don't know if you remember who How McCoy was. Okay, I was How McCoy's paper boy for the tait And Daily News, and I had been I had been wanting to tell How this story because this story is just amazing. Really, how we met I owned a nightclub down in Delray Beach in from about two thousand and two thousand and four in Delray Beach, Florida, and a lot of people that would live in South Florida would know that Pete. Pete did apparently a licensing deal with you know, restaurants chain or something they opened. They had Pete Roses in Boca Ratone. Okay, because Pete did a lot of time down there. But I owned a nightclub in Delray Beach. Was very very popular and uh, you couldn't get a seat on the weekends. No, no tables were allowed to be you know, uh you know, held or anything, just because it was that popular. And one of my friends came to me and said, you know, Keith, can you can you pay a seat for me or a table for me till ten? I'm like, you know that, I never do that. She went, you know what, please trust me on this. I promised it'll be worth it. So I was already up on stage at the club. I was the main performer. And I'm trying to make this a short because I don't want to. I don't want to take a lot of time. But it was, it was, It was butts and elbows is what it was in there. And so about ten fifteen rolls around and finally she gets there. She looks at me. She apologizes for run late, but then she points to her left and two people down from her was Pete. Okay, now you got to understand something. You know, I grew up here in Dayton I followed the big red machine like everybody else, and Pete was my man.
Speaker 3: And I even tried to.
Speaker 4: You know, do I would switch hitter, and you know, I tried to imitated stance and stuff. You know, I'm you know, ten years old. And so there is my all time baseball hero looking at me while I'm up on stage.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Do you ever get to meet it?
Speaker 4: And they go hold on wall. Yeah. So so bottom line is he goes, sits at the table, and I went into high gear and I do a lot of comedy bits and routines up on the stage. When when when I'm up there, and by the time I had done this one routine, Pete was laughing so hard that that his drink came out.
Speaker 6: Of his nose.
Speaker 1: And people are just listen, Keith, I got other people that want to share. But thank you so much for doing this tonight. All right, all right, okay, all right, take care Brad in Indiana Memories of Pete Rose tonight on the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: What's up with you?
Speaker 12: How are you doing tonight?
Speaker 3: We're doing fine? Talk to me.
Speaker 15: Well, just you know, I was born in nineteen seventy eight, so Pete Rose was, you know, one of the very first players that I have remembered watching.
Speaker 4: I still remember my parents taking me.
Speaker 15: To a Red Padres game in eighty five, and I'm always thankful for that because I got a chance to keep Pete and you know, one of his final.
Speaker 4: Two years of baseball.
Speaker 15: But a really neat story is about ten years ago. Uh, me and college roommates that we go to Cincinnati every weekend or every every summer for a weekend of games, and we go to a waffle house for breakfast, and I had happened to have a Pete Roach shirt on the you know, said still hustling shows him diving into third base, and UH walked out of this waffle house and we get ready to get in our vehicle to go park to a head up the Great American and uh there was a family got out and said you know, Pete Bose is in that Holiday inn right now. And I said, we thought they were joking. He said, no, no, he is. So we walked We walked in there and you know, he was talking to somebody. I wasn't gonna hound him.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 15: We walked in there and he was just sitting himself at a table, and Uh, I just went up and introduced myself. Didn't ask for an autograph. I'm to the age where autographs really aren't that big of a deal. I'd rather just meet somebody and have my picture taken with him. And uh, you know, I just asked for a photo, and you know, he just kind of engaged in conversation with me, and we just kind of spoke for probably four or five minutes, just about baseball in general. And uh, you know, I think he had just went out to uh Vegas for a big interview with Jim Day. I think Fox Ohio did like a three or four part series with him that they showed at that time. And uh, yeah, I got Jim Day a free free trip out to Vegas out of that whole de least six.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 15: But but anyway, it was just really neat to you know, meet meet you know, one of my heroes growing up and one of my dad you know favorite players. You know, yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: Probably one of the younger people calling in right now they can remember Pete Rose playing Brad.
Speaker 3: But absolutely, thank you fans.
Speaker 1: Of the Big Red Machine and all was Pete Rose. Real quickly, let's go to Carl in Park Hills. You're on the air, Carl on seven Hunter WLW.
Speaker 17: Gary, thank you for doing this. This is journalism at its best, and great job on coming in live tonight. I've got a story about Pete. First of all, the fact that he's from Sailor Park is just perfect. There's no other neighborhood than the West Side.
Speaker 6: Down by the river that Pete could have ever come from.
Speaker 17: And Boldface Park should have thousands of flowers by tomorrow morning. So anyway, I had an next girlfriend that was working at a Japanese restaurant out near the airport in hebron Kentucky. One night she came home and said, guess who I serve tonight?
Speaker 6: And I said who? And she said Pete Rose and his wife. And I said, wow, how was that?
Speaker 17: And she said, well, he was wearing a keel and Fusha track.
Speaker 6: Suit and tennis shoes.
Speaker 17: And this is a traditional Japanese restaurant that the owners of the Coyota Corporation actually had installed into their headquarters, into their national headquarters. And she said, Pete came in and sat down with his wife and she asked, you know what they wanted, and he ordered and then she brought out this traditional Japanese meal with the chopsticks and the tea, and he said.
Speaker 6: Honey, you got a fork anywhere back there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pete was not a chopsticks guy. There's no doubt about that. Thanks Carl, I appreciate that. Wild Man Walker. We got a break in about a minute, so I want you to call back after the news at ten.
Speaker 3: Will do there.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was nobody I would rather talk to about Pete Rose than one Dennis Wildman Walker, and we will do that after the break, which we have to take now on seven Hunter WLW. It is a Monday night. It is not the night camp we had planned, but again the best laid plans and all of that. Gary Jeff Walker with you and for the next hour more of your memories of Pete Rose, the wild Man and some more surprises, I'm sure between now and eleven o'clock as we continue on seven hundred WLW bikes. Who passed at the age of eighty three earlier today is home in Las Vegas from my friend Mitch, who's in law enforcement. He writes, in the late nineties, I was working security at Riverdowns on Kellogg Avenue bel Terra. Today I saw Pete sitting with another guy all by themselves at a table on the second level with a stack of cash. So I walked over and introduced myself and asked him for an autograph. Long story short, I got his autograph on the back of a racing form. How funny. Thanks Mitch, appreciate your Sharon, and it's your turn to share again for this hour. As we were Pete Rose, the hit King, Charlie Hussel, one of the greatest players ever to put on a uniform in the entirety of Major League Baseball, from the day that Abner Doubleday invented something that came to be this game to now you think about in the pantheon of greats in Major League Baseball, there's Ty Cobb, who Pete Rose would best in his career. There's Babe Ruth, There's lou gerrig there are names that are too numerous for me to go through all of them. But in that group of players, in that select group of players that will always be cemented as the best of their times in their prime, Pete Rose is right there with all of them, no question. Here's a guy who loved Pete Rose more than anybody I know, really, I mean outside of a blood relative. Wild Man Walker joining us to remember Pete Rose. Wild Man, Well, what's up there, Garry, Jeff? Talk to me? How are you feeling tonight? What are you feeling, How are you remembering Pete? How do you think Pete should be remembered? How Willie be remembered? And is this the time now where they will consider actually admitting him to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 18: Well, first off, I'm pretty numb because when I heard the news, I was on the West Side this evening having dinner at Ron's Roost, ironically on the West Side, and just before I got into the Deer Park area, my friend it was with me, it popped up on her phone that Pete had passed, and the first I looked at it and said, I've seen this crap before, And then it was like three or four different sites were reporting that he had passed, and then of course my phone started blowing up and everybody was calling me. So heard it was confirmed, And of course, you know, I listened to WLW seven thirty and eight and eight thirty two and one Shawn Gallagher who reported this is a classic case of somebody not doing their homework.
Speaker 3: Scary Jeff.
Speaker 18: He reported that Pete Rose came back as Reds manager in nineteen eighty six. That's wrong. It was nineteen eighty four, August sixteenth.
Speaker 6: Okay, number one.
Speaker 18: And then he goes on I think at nine o'clock and call it him Johnny Hustle.
Speaker 12: How does a guy like this have a job?
Speaker 18: Is it that hard to do your to do your homework? Pete, Peter, It's obviousness. It was obvious, scary Jeff wild even around and Pete Rose got banned.
Speaker 1: Wild Man, I just thought that was crap. Wild Man. We're not here to lambast other people. We're here to honor Pete. And I understand what it was.
Speaker 18: Well, you're doing when you do a story, you gotta get it right. Okay, But again talking about Pete, let's talk about the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: Just before Pete passed.
Speaker 18: I saw I saw some comments from him that said, you know, really, I don't know if I really care about it, because it's for the families.
Speaker 3: It's for the families to enjoy and the fans to enjoy.
Speaker 18: And I don't really think Major League Baseball will put him in I don't think they will.
Speaker 3: I do not think they will.
Speaker 18: The Reds need to have a funeral at the ballpark because they're going to be so many people that want to pay their respects. They did have the funeral for the late Tom Browning there, so why not do it for Pete. I'm just hoping if they do this, someone from Major League Baseball better not be there because we don't want them mucking it up. And here you got ESPN and all these other talking heads tonight. They're not even talking about Pete's great career with numbers that people will never ever, ever ever surpass forty two to fifty six, will will never be broken, will never be broken. And they're talking about his gambling, his gambling when they're attached to the hip major League Baseball, to every gambling site in the country. It's so hypocritical, it really is. I mean, we're talking about how great demand was and what he did for baseball, what he did for baseball, What did he do for you?
Speaker 6: What he do for me?
Speaker 18: He was great to me, man cherished the time that guy had around him. Just recently when he was in town, when he signed a bunch of books for me, I mean recently.
Speaker 6: And we got a video.
Speaker 18: From him from my upcoming documentary, which will just blow the doors off when you see the comments that he made. I mean, he was always great to me, even before I even knew him. I mean, I don't know how many times I asked him for an autograph when I was a young kid, and he always signed for me, which was great. But he was a great guy. He had his flaws. I've got my flaws. You've got your flaws, you know. But as a baseball player, and this is what I said in my first book, Gary Jeff, and I'm sure you recall I could care less what Pete Rose did off the field, I really could, you know. I admired him as a baseball player for how he played the game, and he played it right. I mean, the Hall of Fame is for stats, s T A T S.
Speaker 4: Stats.
Speaker 18: It's not for choir boys. Babe Bruce wasn't a choir boy. Chris Speaker was an a choir boy. Ty Cobb wasn't acchoiir boy, I can go down the list thought, you know, I go down the list and give you awn kind of guys. You know, skeletons in their closet. You know, Pete should be in the Hall, no.
Speaker 6: Doubt about it. But I don't think major League Baseball is going.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 6: I really don't.
Speaker 3: Wild Man.
Speaker 1: I can tell that you are very emotional, and I'm not surprised, and I invited you to call in tonight, and I appreciate you. You're putting your two cents worth. Then I believe he belongs in the Hall of Fame as well. And whether that happens or not, we will see. Time will tell. It is to be written.
Speaker 18: Yet, Well, I just hoped that the Reds, like I said, to have the funeral at the ballpark, get Pete's family so desired because it'll be great. It'll be a great turnout. Reds fans from everywhere would turnout, and well they should. I mean, I like the comments that Bob Castellini just recently came out and talked about the passing and ip. Those were great comments, they really were. I mean, Pete Rose is the Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 6: He always will be.
Speaker 18: Pete Rose is the Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 1: God bless you, wild Man. Thank you for sharing tonight. Man, that was some blood letting brick in West Virginia. Hello, you were on the air on the night Cap on seven hundred w l W with our fingers on the dump button.
Speaker 9: Now, hey, Gary, Jeff so hard to find, hard to follow that bringing docious guy there. But anyway, a lifelong Pirates fan calling in from West Virginia. Yeah, and Pete Rose was one of my heroes back in the day. Wellsburg Little League. We learned or we were taught from Pete out of dive and slide in the second base, third day, hope plate whatever it is, and we also learned how to switch it because of Pete. So whatever you guys think it is fine. I think he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. The writers are all they're old. That's old white guys who vote.
Speaker 16: On that thing.
Speaker 9: They're out of date. And Pete needs to be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Well, you know that's just my.
Speaker 1: Whole thing is. Thank you, Eric, My whole thing is Bargie and Maddy's dead. Pete Rose is dead. I mean, what are you holding off for? Dick from Dayton. Good evening, sir.
Speaker 19: Oh, Jerry Jeff. Good to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is important, Dick.
Speaker 1: Dick's birthday is the same as Pete's April fourteenth.
Speaker 19: Jerry Jeff and I want to say something about him, Jerry Jeff. For the years that you you loved Dave and I, but you told every every birthday that he and it was just so neat. Nobody has done as much as you like Dave and everybody. I think, Jerry Jeff in my heart, that he should be inducted to the Hall of Fake He was a leader for those Reds. Jerry Jeff and I want to say something. He is great and they need to put him in.
Speaker 20: It's a sad day and baseball hits week.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jeff, Well, Dick.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being a part of our remembrance tonight, A little memorial ceremony in the wake of Pete Rose's death today is passing at the age of eighty three. George Vogel, Good evening, and thank you for bringing some kind of semblance of sanity to this conversation tonight about one of the greatest baseball players that ever played or lived, and we're talking, of course about number fourteen.
Speaker 3: How you doing, George, Oh, doing well, doing well.
Speaker 20: It's definitely a sad day in this greater Cincinnati area, Reds Land, Reds country. It's a tough one, and you know, it's certainly a polarizing figure for a while. But when you look back at everything the guy did for the Cincinnati Reds, what he did for baseball, the notoriety he brought to the Reds in the city and the team and his leg see and everything else, it's it's a sad day and skill just very very What upsets me is the Hall of Fame piece of it. He should have been in before this happened.
Speaker 1: Can you can you give me some more personal perspectives of Pete and the time, if any, that you had spent with him over the years or even more recently.
Speaker 20: George, Yeah, he was He was obviously very funny guy, very interesting guy, had stories you know, longer than his arms to tell all day. And he loved when he was manager and when I started in television and reporting and we still had the REPI Games on WLW Television WLWT, and we did red shows. We did something called the Pete and Johnny Show with Pete and Johnny Bench, and I was one of the guys that would go out and shoot these segments with them, and we'd be different parts of the city, you know, different players homes or whatever, do all these away from the field spots. And we shot one spot one time. And this is this is what people would tell you about Pete because he treated us young members of the media the same way. He'd sit in the office and just talk to us about anything for hours, all the time in the world. We were out shooting in Norwood at this little carry out, this convenience store, and you know, Pete Rose and Johnny Bench are in there on a afternoon of the game day, getting ready to head down to the ballpark, shooting this video in this little store on the corner. And you know, people were coming in going, wait a minute, what are these two doing here? And Pete Rose sat there and talked to people in that convenience. We're done shooting. He can go down to the ballpark. It's probably about two two thirty. He probably wants to get down there. Around three point thirty. He spent easily an hour sitting in there talking to the lady who runs the place, having an ice cream with a kid, and just talking to people. And he was, you know, certainly had his faults, but he was he was really good and really a man of the people, so to speak.
Speaker 1: No doubt, And I've heard that time and time again. My only experience with Pete in person in a in an interpersonal situation was an interview he was doing some charity thing with the then Cincinnati Mighty Ducks at the time out at the Old Gardens and there was some charity thing he was involved when and he came into the studio in the Fox when I was on in the afternoons, and I found him to be one of the most just engaging people personally to talk.
Speaker 3: To in the world. I mean, yes, he had that.
Speaker 1: He gave that impression to everyone that he came into contact with who had an open mind and said, Okay, I'll just talk to this guy. What's he all about? And he was just as normal and as down to earth as anybody else you could imagine. And it was just like a conversation with two old friends. And I'd never met him before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's how he was.
Speaker 20: And but you know, you get him on the field, and he was more competitive than probably anyone I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I think I'd say, I'd say that Michael Jordan probably comes as close to Pete Rose as anything when it comes to a competitive nature.
Speaker 20: Yes, when you when when you know you're running full speed ahead over a catcher to decide an All Star game, albeit in his hometown, that's a competitive son of a gun right there. And they said in his high school playing days in football, they said he was one of the hardest hitters this city he's ever seen as a high school football player. I believe it because he was he was driven.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it proves one thing that that was one hard head, because that guy, that guy would run through us through a brick wall at sixty miles an hour. Like I said said earlier, all the time when he was in a competitive situation on the field.
Speaker 20: Yes, and I I that hardhead didn't serve him well when it came to you know, and then they call them for what happened with the betting thing. But I do feel like, you know, while he mishandled it for a decade or so, I feel like baseball pretty well mishandled.
Speaker 6: It for the past decade.
Speaker 20: I mean, at some point, I get it, you got this hard and past rule and he's out of baseball. But the Hall of Fame thing was a little separate that that should not have been involved in this, but it was. But at some point, don't those people look back and say, Okay, enough is enough. This guy has more legitimate hits than any player in the history of major leagues.
Speaker 3: Because George's Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: George, you have been in the business, and we're in the business long enough. I've been in the business long enough to know that those wrongly self righteous sobs will never bend or break because they think there I don't know that there's some kind of hierarchy and in the Pope's quart or something. Many of those writers who vote are just so high on their own pedestals that they can't see their butt.
Speaker 20: So yeah, it's it's something that should have been uh, should have been rectified by now, and it's it's just a shame. This day is tom and you know paints time's in Cooperstown, were you know, sitting at tables signing autographs for people as opposed to being up on that stage and and and giving his acceptance speech into that great Hall of Fame, George still called great Hall of Fame, but it'd be a lot greater if they had the all time hit leader in there.
Speaker 1: George, my friend Rageous text me and said, if there is no Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame, there is no Hall of Fame. I appreciate your time, sir, and your knowledge and your perspective.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You bet you Chris and been waiting a long time. I'm sorry. We've got a lot of people on the line. Do you have a quick comment here before we go to break?
Speaker 21: Yes, I do, Gary, Jeff a great show. My understanding is in order for Pete to get in the Hall of Fame, they would have to put Shoe with Joe Jackson in first Have you heard that?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: I'm all in favor. I am in favor of second chances. I'm in favor of forgiveness. And after all this time, don't these two legendary players belong in a place of honor for their exploits on the field.
Speaker 9: Yes, they do, and thanks for.
Speaker 12: Thanks for letting me chime in paint the town red, my.
Speaker 3: Friend, indeed, paint the town a red.
Speaker 1: Pete Rose is gone, and we will spend the next half hour or so remembering Pete Rose. The floor is open and you were more than welcome to continue and to hold and to contribute. Five one, three, big one remembering Pete Rose. On a special night cap on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: He was known as Charlie Hussel and newest member of the Reds Hall of Fame, Peter Edward.
Speaker 22: Don't wait, I don't wait, Do I die, no change of heart and put me on the list, and and I go from there.
Speaker 3: But that you know, I can't blame him.
Speaker 6: Brett, because I'm the one that screwed up.
Speaker 23: I'm not going to.
Speaker 22: Sit here on your show and blame baseball because I'm suspended. I think the suspension is too long. If you want to know the truth, you know I paid my time. I put the time in. But I still go around this country. I'm the hit king, as you know, and I do know that I do talk positive about the game. There's some great, great young players in the game of baseball, and I've brother concentrate on those guys as opposed to the guys that beat their wives, the guys that get drunk every night, the guys that do this or do the bad things. There's too many good guys playing the game of baseball, and there's too many good players for me to bad mouth the game of baseball.
Speaker 1: God bless him. Pete Rose has passed. Brandon Trotwood. You've been waiting quite a while, my friend. Finally a chance to share your Pete Rose memories.
Speaker 16: So well, you're a baseball bar I fucking grissy, eat and stuff and I'm done. I fell with a lot of Marty brought to me, and Marty was said, I have you look at Pete Rose?
Speaker 24: Is video that?
Speaker 10: I said, no?
Speaker 13: And I number A stucke I have?
Speaker 6: Is a statue.
Speaker 25: A lift that's that one play he got safe on base? Yeah, I look at that Vida like my number has to change to his number.
Speaker 16: So I fell in love with Pete Rose.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for sharing that story. Jerry and Wilder Kentucky. You're on the special Nightcap Remembering Pete Rose on seven hundred WLW. What is your Pete Rose story, if any?
Speaker 26: I have a couple of personal stories. First of all, you played with my band and a benefit strange brew years ago. Oh yeah, you sang a song with us, You sang Turned the Page. But anyway, I was in the army in four seventy eight engineers with Pete and one day he came in. We were working on a jeep and he came underneath of the jeep and he said, Gifford, you got to try this. It's my homemade dandelion wine. Well, I took a drink of it and I had to actually got a headache and had to play that night. So I condemned him for that part, but we laughed about it.
Speaker 3: What year? What year was this?
Speaker 26: Oh I got I got out in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 3: Well, he wasn't on the he wasn't in the army in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 26: He was in the reserves. He has gotten out about two years.
Speaker 6: Maybe I got out.
Speaker 3: In seventy two.
Speaker 26: It was probably sixty eight, sixty nine, but we were in for six years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but he went in after the sixty three season. Anyway, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 26: So what he did was we had a semi pro pitcher who threw ninety five miles an hour and I could not I tried to catch him and I couldn't do it, but he said Pete would keep going. He would go to Pete and go, you know what, you could never hit me. And now this pitcher, I won't give his name, but he pitched with Jimmy O'Toole and semi pro. So anyway, Pete gets mad. We go over to the ball field which is out there by Tower Park and Fort Thomas. And the very first pitch, right handed, Pete put over the trees. The second pitch he turned around left hand and put him over those trees. The third pitch he hit with one hand and it went over the infield would have went off the wall. And the fourth pitch he went with the other hand and hit it and it would have went.
Speaker 6: Off the wall. Four straight pitches.
Speaker 26: So we named this pitcher rag Arm after that.
Speaker 1: But well, you know, I really can't blame rag Arm for not being able to mess to Pete Rose.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 26: Pete was a great He was a great man. He did kp served food, he did everything he was supposed to do. And I don't care about what he did. He was a great baseball player. Should be in there. But anyway, thanks for your help, thanks for letting me on.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you for calling in.
Speaker 1: Jerry chet in Northwest Indiana who was a Cubs fan, And what could a Cubs fan say about Pete Rose?
Speaker 8: Well, the same thing you guys auld say. You know, when I was growing up, and I'm an old guy, so I remember Pete Rose playing.
Speaker 4: You know, we'd be in the bleachers and he was a character.
Speaker 8: He was a good guy, even though we were a Cub fan, and he talked to us and like, we were talking about hitting one time before a game and he told me how to get a better look at the pitch with both eyes and that's why he swung from the left side, the way his stance was. But anyway, he was just a good guy and he was one of the best players ever.
Speaker 6: To play the game.
Speaker 8: And I don't care what kind of fan you are. You see that. And you know, we always even as a young kid, seeing him, Charlie hustle. That's the way you play the game, and you play to win. And the thing is that he was a big part of baseball and he should have been in the Hall of Fame long time ago, and they but man, there's no doubt. But of course they wait till after he died. The same thing, and Cargo. They did the same down thing with Ron Sano for what reason? Who knows there, I mean a lot of theories, but who knows. YEA a year after he dies they put him in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: By chet Chet. Maybe this is.
Speaker 8: Pete was one of the best to play the game well chess.
Speaker 1: Ever, I'm glad that you, as a Cubs fan from northwest Indiana, recognize what should be obvious to anybody who has ever watched a baseball game. Pete rose one of I mean, how many how many hands do you need the counter fingers to where Pete is placed on the all time list?
Speaker 3: Top ten?
Speaker 1: Easy, It's just a matter of you know, and how do you choose who's won and who's ten? Greg and Milford, Greg.
Speaker 27: Nice share guys. Nobody else would do this besides the WI and U. Nineteen sixty six, we won the d League championship here in Ohio for our league, and we got to go down to Crossley for a game and we had seats that were like two rows behind Red stug out. It was unbelievable. Right, he came out and actually give us a little chat, you know, signed some stuff for us, right years after that, working in the electronics business, I got to go to Pete's house to do some work for him, and nicer people you could not find for real. I mean, they took us in very gracious. It was excellent. Man, What can you say. I was a photographer at River Downs for a couple of years and one of my treasured pictures it's not Pete, but it's.
Speaker 3: Some semi an Rose jersey standing in.
Speaker 27: Front of the race horses right with a with a a program in his hands. I said those to Pete and he just laughed like crazy.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a personal taking of a personal campaign to put him in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 10: Folks, watch YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's coming all right, Greg, Thank you so much for sharing with us tonight on this special night, a somber night and a celebratory night at the same time, because we are celebrating the great work that was compiled by Pete Rose when he was here on this earth as a Major League Baseball All Pro, all time Chris and Cincinnati, Hello, you're on the air.
Speaker 12: He was the greatest player I ever watched.
Speaker 19: I remember watching him as sitting down in front of.
Speaker 6: The TV as a kid. It was unbelievable. I actually met him with my first wife.
Speaker 9: She has actually passed on.
Speaker 6: But he was very genuine and a great person.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for conveying that, and it's been the conveyance of many who have called in tonight. The stuff that happened off the field, that did not involve gambling on baseball or anything nefarious, are the things that people are remembering most about Pete Rose, that had encounters with him, that knew him, And I think that's an important thing to do right now. We can talk about the hits and the games and the advance and the statistics and all of the victories that Charlie Hussell helped engineer for the Big Red Machine over the years, but at the end of a person's life, it's how they affected others' lives that they came into contact with. William in Kentucky, Pete Rose thought or a story for us.
Speaker 12: Hey, Hey, Gary, I enjoy your show. I just want to say I grew up watching Pee Rose on TV and I went to a few games.
Speaker 28: I just want to say I am one of a million kids out there that emulated him when it came to playing baseball. When you learned you learned to be a switch hitter, and when you was betting left handed, you were crafts down just like.
Speaker 12: Him, Bett just like him. And I loved the way he runs the bases.
Speaker 6: He when he's.
Speaker 12: Running the bases, after he runs first pass, first base, he would have his hand on his betting helmet to try to keep it on when he's done the second base. I just want to say, I enjoy that man playing baseball.
Speaker 3: Reckless.
Speaker 1: I wanted to say thank you, William, and that you said it very well. Reckless abandon. That's how Pete played the game. David, Hello, Yes, I men.
Speaker 23: Pete graduated in nineteen fifty eight and we played with this amateur team here in Lebanon, Ohio. Of course, it's a time no one knew Pete Rose. The coach of the team was a scout for the Reds named Tommy Thompson, and he tried to get him signed, but a couple of weeks later, after he played two or three with us, that's when a Pete uncle got him signed and then leaves later later on my name, my wife owned some horses here in leven and the harness horses, and I got to know him a little bit from them too. I had won me June Love's June Bugs Dusty. My wife's name was June. Pete got a kick out of that one.
Speaker 1: Well, David, great memories for you as you remember your friend, and we remember the great Pete Rose. Tonight from my friend Squiggy Wiggins in Land in Ohio. Pete gave me enough chips that I really never have to work again. Pete made me hustle cute Nelson, Hello you are on seven hundred WLW on a special nightcap remembering Pete Rose.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 7: I went to Western Ells High School with Pete Rose. I got on the school bus coming up from Lower Dell High and they were warning me about those riverside kids and on the way to Western Hills and I got on the bus fresh from Saskatchewan, dressed like Jerry D Lewis, and I got on the bus and a wall of fist came from the back of the bus understandably, and the one that connected somebody said, Oh, don't mind him, that's Pete Rose.
Speaker 1: So your story is you got randomly sucker punched by Pete Rose.
Speaker 7: On all went on, he became I was the weirdest guy anybody ever saw at Western Hills and the only guy that stood up for me was Pete. And they all wanted I mean, there was gangs. I'm waiting for me every day, but Pete was right there with me. Later on, Let's see what happened to Pete and why he's not in is because of the photography session that we had on his big hit, and we wound up going to New York. If you remember, I happened to be one of the photographers that were officially took the picture of Pete, and while we were taking the picture, they handed him a bunch of phones for this big interview and was broadcast everywhere, and one of them said, Pete, it's the president. Well he grabbed the phone in confusion and he yelled how you're doing into the phone and it got grabbed the and loll Wagan on live. You know what, Nelson was left sputtering at what was less sputtering, And he always wanted to get a long hair, and by that time, Pete had long hair, the longest care in baseball.
Speaker 16: And you know, I know the.
Speaker 7: Reason you never hear about it is because nobody wants to hear the truth.
Speaker 1: Pete, Hey Nelson, I got to tell you this is perfect because this will end our remembrance of Pete Rose tonight with a piece of that Ronald Reagan interview that you just referenced. And to everyone who has chimed in tonight and shared their memories and their thoughts about the passing of Pete Rose, thank you very much. The show couldn't have happened without you. And there's more Nightcap ahead Gianna Masselli and also doctor John Huber makes a return as The Nightcap starts its eighth season.
Speaker 3: We leave you with.
Speaker 1: Ronald Reagan and Pete Rose on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 24: Hello, Hello Date Rose, Yes, sir, here he is Charlie Hustle.
Speaker 29: Yes, sir, this is Ronald Reagan. Thank you nice talking to you.
Speaker 24: Well, listen, I just wanted to say congratulations for breaking one of the most enduring records in sports history ty cops career hit record of four thousand and ninety one. And now, unless you've done something since I've heard the latest, you've made it four thousand and ninety three. So I've been rooting for you, and come to think of it, I used to also root for the fellow who wants hell that record.
Speaker 22: Well, thank you very much for taking time out of your business schedule to call us, and we really appreciate it.
Speaker 29: And you missed a good ball game tonight.
Speaker 24: Well see you're ritt and the hustle of estab at you is one of the all time greats of the game.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Keen batting.
Speaker 24: I also had something to do with it. Well, today, your new record may be broken, but believe me, your reputation and legacy is secure, and I think it'll be a long time before someone is standing in the spot that you're standing in.
Speaker 29: The Thank you very much. I could say that.
Speaker 24: With you, the Reds and the people of Cincinnati says all the best. It's been a pleasure talking with you. Indeed, we ought to do this more often. You know, those of us who are in the middle of our careers can share tips on how to stay ahead of those younger folks who keep coming up on us from behind.
Speaker 22: Well, if you're been here at night, you know why we think this is a baseball capital of the world right here in Cincinnatiohi.
Speaker 24: I like and here that you've got a few friends there around you, and I won't keep you from them any longer. But again, and you've really given a lift to the whole country.
Speaker 29: Thank you very much, thank you. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 24: All right, good night, gun right, thank you.
Speaker 1: For thirtieth the night before the big vice presidential debate whatever uh. Talking to us for a few moments is cultural expert and lawful rights commentator, the author of the book Freedumb, That's Dumb, The Patriots Playbook to Restoring Your Rights and Freedom, which is, according to this only available on her website, which is Gianamusselli dot com. That's g I A N N A M I C E l I dot com. Gianamusselli joins us for a few minutes. How you doing, Gianna, Hello, thank.
Speaker 10: You for having me. I am fabulous.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: In this book, you detail and you and I have talked about this and a couple of the conversation that we've had in the past about people who do not understand what rights they actually have according to the Constitution. And it goes far beyond the right to speak your mind and worship freely and own a gun and all of the rest of that. But it's it's more complex than a lot of people know who don't know the Constitution.
Speaker 3: Like someone like you does.
Speaker 10: I'm put to it, you know, well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean and as this always been kind of like a quest for you to understand as much as you can about the laws that are supposed to govern us or give us our you know, guarantee, our God given rights.
Speaker 3: When did you start chasing after that?
Speaker 10: Well, I come from an era where we did have a semester in eighth grade on Civics and the Constitution at our rights. I was very excited to learn that I had rights. I'm the daughter of a Chicago police officer and a legal secretary. And then all our lives we've been sailing through thinking that we had these, that it was a given and an assumption, and until you actually get into some trouble, they're not really tested. And so it was really the COVID that I like to say, the COVID people mock me when I was like, why does the government think they have the authority to tell businesses to close and decide what was essential and non essential? And I lived in Las Vegas for some time in the later end of the pandemic, and the governor was telling oh, the Strimp Club could be opened, the dispensary could be open, but Walmart could be open, but these other small businesses could not. So I began to research from where did they think they're getting that authority? And I discovered it.
Speaker 3: You know, doesn't and I haven't without doing a whole lot of work.
Speaker 1: No, And God bless you for that, because I was of the same mind, because I was deemed an essential employee because I got to come in and do my radio shows. In fact, I got I received special government papers. Listen to this, two weeks to two weeks after they said we're gonna we're gonna kind of shut things down two weeks to slow the spread. And they're telling us that, and then I get these papers from corporate that are basically something for me to keep in my wallet, and they were good through May thirty first. Now this was in March. When I got these papers, I said, two weeks to slow the spread. My ass Now, this is not this is not exactly what they're telling you. And I got into it in about two weeks into that, I went off on this program against the shutdowns about the business closings. It is not the government's place, nor do they have the authority to shut down businesses that they deem as non essential for whatever purpose. There's nowhere in the Constitution that says that. And when they started with the mask mandates, and then they tried to do the jab mandates, and they succeeded in many different places, like our military getting away with mandating that someone puts something into their body that they didn't believe they needed or wanted.
Speaker 3: You know, it was clear to me early.
Speaker 1: On before a lot of other people got hep to it. But you and I were, I think we're pretty much on the same page there, and I started researching and not doing the research that all of the research I should have probably, but you did the research for us. And you're still preaching the gospel of you know what, the government can't do that.
Speaker 12: Oh whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 10: Well let's slow down. Yes they can. You consented to it. And here's how, because that's what I discovered. When you or your you know, I don't know where you work out of, or you're self employed, or you work for a radio station or whatever it is, when you ask the state for a license to do business for an LLC and s coorb any sort of permission, you become under their rules. So they did have that jurisdiction over you. But when you got that LLC, and I'm saying you personally, but anybody who got an LLC, anybody who opened a business, they did not disclose to you that you were waiving your rights to private economic activity, which is covered under the First Amendment under liberty, and so you unknowingly consented to be governed. And the same with the churches. When the churches open up and asked for a five oh one C three to be tax exempt, you're still waiving your rights when all businesses and churches have to do. It's simply rent or purchase and open a business. You do not have to get special permission for private economic activity. We've just been conditioned to believe that we need to do this, and the government believes and perceives that you waved your rights. Now you can't wave your rights without knowingly waving your rights, which you did not. And so when I found this out, it was absolutely mind blowing to me. And there's so many people that think a mandate is a law, and that never ever researched the word, that never ever thought of their rights, that have no idea about the Nuremberg Codes and the Geneva Convention, and that has just become so mind blowing to me. And ever since the first day I started to research this, I have not stopped. And now I have this book, I have the Inealenable University, which is an online university that teaches you how to stand for your rights and exercise your rights. It is mind blowing. I get so many compliments on how organized it is because we take you on a path to exercise the common law, which is the only place you have your rights. You're not having your right it's in traffic court, state court. So many people have been screaming all summer about the Trump case. Alex Jones, Steve ben and Peter Navarro, James O'Keefe, they had accepted a contract to be governed because they never challenged jurisdiction. And when you don't challenge jurisdiction, you're not going to you're not going to win. There are no rights. You can only get your rights under the common law, and only when you defend yourself, not when you hire an attorney, because they represent you and they represent your legal entity, not your living man. There are no rights, and so it's a lot for people to take. But it's four years later now I'm still here and we are kicking ass and I now live in the private So that's what happens when you remove yourself from these government agencies. Well, I had to steal intacts. What they can't see?
Speaker 1: Why didn't Why didn't Trump and his attorneys because there were all kinds of jurisdictional problems with what went on on that trial and that sham trial.
Speaker 3: In Manhattan Wor.
Speaker 10: Absolutely as soon as he hired a bar card, he told the courts that he was incompetence. That's what the terminology means, that you're a minor incompetent and you need to be represented. Now, I have Trump on the cover of my book at the moment that supposedly when he was at the first inaugula, the only inauguration in twenty seventeen, when he was transferring power from the corporation back to the people. At the moment in time, there were I think there were generals, but I'm not sure, or Joint chief of Staff or somebody from the military was behind him. And that's supposedly when the power was transferred. But it's certainly not something that's going to happen overnight. So I have to ask myself, does Trump know what we know because he did appoint these amazing justices who this summer has proven that they are rolling back the statutory Roman civil based system that we have, which is entirely repugnant to the Constitution, back to the common law in the Chevron and the Jarkassier. It's amazing for what I teach and what we preach.
Speaker 1: Gianna Misseli, I'll tell you what. Let's take a quick break and come back, and we're going to talk about the deep state and the Supreme Court and what it means if Donald Trump is re elected and what it means if he is not. In just a moment on the nightcap on seven hundred WLW, once again we are talking about Gianna Miscelli on this Monday night. You know Sandy who helps book your appearances on this show and others. Gianna always make sure that I know how to pronounce your name, which I pronounced flawlessly the first time I had you on, which I think is just again a great tribute to me. Let's get onto these You release commentaries on a regular basis, and last Tuesday out at Giannamasselli dot com and by the way, that's where you can find her book.
Speaker 3: If you're looking.
Speaker 1: And his title is why the deep State can't afford more Trump Supreme Court appointments. And there are plenty of unseen forces, as you mentioned at the top of this commentary, Gianna, that are doing everything they can, literally everything they can, including trying to assassinate this man before he could ever take office or win an election. They do not want, they didn't want Donald Trump the first time, and that's why there was such a just an unbelievable hell hole of stuff thrown at President Trump throughout his entire first term and then the prosecutions and persecutions as he announced he was running again for president because America and American justice really need another dose of Donald Trump to root out and as he said, drain the swamp. But the swamp is a lot deeper than anybody thinks, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Yes, he has stated. I read Corey Lewandowski's book, Let Trump Be Trump, and it is a fantastic, riveting book. He takes you on the campaign trail, and you remember the polls were always like it was ninety percent going to be Hillary Clinton. They were not ready and they did not have a transition team. And Corey sassis in that book, they had no expectation to win.
Speaker 4: He was just trying.
Speaker 10: Of course, he's not going to quit. And so this time, with this RFK allegiance, they have people ready, you know. And I believe the man did the best job he could with what he had. We know that now, Burke flies. In her book, she admits that she lied about those fifteen days. And I knew it too, just like you said, yeah right, I was in New York when it happened. Yeah right, it's going to be fifteen days. The very next day, I ordered a pod and moved down to Florida. I was in Florida within a month, right, how long?
Speaker 3: Florida never really locked down, did they?
Speaker 10: They did? They were not as free as people claim. I mean, I can only speak for living in Palm Beach County. I'm in Broward now, but at the time I was in Palm Beach County and they had the orange mesh fence around park where kids would play, and you couldn't go on the beach. I mean, they had the insanity. Kids were still massed, servers were still mass The whole thing was not as bad as other places, but I knew there was no way I could stay in New York and survive.
Speaker 1: It was just not as totalitarian as what you left in New York. So what does it mean if President Trump is once again recognized as President Trump with a second term in November for the Supreme Court? And the Supreme Court has been the only stop gap from total tyranny with Joe Bidenen in Kamala Harrison office. But what does it mean for the country if Donald Trump is re elected and can appoint more members to the highest court in the land.
Speaker 10: Well, there's two more that are in the possible retirement age in the next four or five years, so that is very exciting. The Chevron Deference removed regulatory ambiguity that gives the administrative agencies unconstitutional power. And it was a shot heard around the world, and someone made a fantastic video on next I wish I had saved it. Maybe I did, and I haven't looked, but it ran an alphabetical list of all the agencies that have been affected. So we feel in my common law world, in my ineleitable university, that these agencies are going to start rolling back. And we've got about two hundred cases in the common law against bank fraud presently happening, and they've come to a standstill, and we believe that they're waiting to see if Kamala is elected or if this rule back to the common law is actually going to happen. We're just speculating. We can't know that. But if Trump gets two more picks, he's forever changed the landscape of a conservative Supreme Court, which we need, so we have.
Speaker 1: If something lest if Kamala Harris wins, how much of a danger is to a free speech in America?
Speaker 10: Well, it's not really about her. She's no the puppet of the muppet, you know, the puppet of the.
Speaker 3: Of the deep state. Yeah, I understand that.
Speaker 1: But if someone like that were to win the White House and have that executive power, what kind of challenges do we face as Americans?
Speaker 3: Can survive?
Speaker 10: The executive orders only affect the federal government, the administrative agencies, But so many people like people are speculating this tax she's proposing on unrealized gains, And I'll say to people on social on what planet do you think she can execute that? She cannot rule by executive order? No one even reads these executive orders have really really smart people. Just because she said something doesn't mean she can do it. It's not going to matter. So we want to teach people is the more people that do what I'm doing, get yourself from the public to the private, get out of from under their regulations, you will walk the world differently and they will have no effect on you. And then we can start locally. You hopefully people will rise as leaders to join the city commissions and remove them from being private por profit corporations and restoring the republic as they should be. It's the only way it's going to work. We can't just hit it from the federal government up well.
Speaker 1: I mean, there were a lot of executive orders that Joe Biden signed as soon as he got into office that reversed all of Donald Trump's executive orders that had actually curbed the invasion at our southern border.
Speaker 3: And with immigration yes.
Speaker 10: Or no, right, Yes, there's speculation that the un owns ten miles on each side, so I have not been able to find anything that confirms that. But that's the Department of Homeland Security. Yeah, that's a federal agency.
Speaker 3: And may Orcus has done a wonderful job.
Speaker 30: I mean, if you're of the position that they're doing what they're supposed to be doing, yes, but they're definitely not doing what they would any normal person would believe if you wanted to destroy the country, you do everything that they're doing.
Speaker 10: And they're doing great at that. Yeah, we're in scary times. I mean, look at these people, Look at all the the I haven't seen what the federal government is doing about all the wake of the hurricane. I haven't seen anything. And I was on Twitter all morning. I mean, I don't know if it exist, but I haven't seen it. Well, I mean, with another Katrina on our hands, the.
Speaker 3: State governments have mobilized and.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden, Kamala Harris really other than being briefed on the situation, I saw something with Harris this morning. Well, jee ye, I'm going back to Washington to be briefed and to you know, offer any kind of help, must for any kind of help that they need, and blah blah.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah uh and it's all it's all just fluff. There's no substance there whatsoever.
Speaker 11: We're on our own.
Speaker 10: We're really on our own. I mean, I'm lucky that I'm here where DeSantis is and he says he's handled Florida so okay, I was supposed to live where like by in Sarasota. I ended up in Fort Ladderdown on accident. And I'm just like, look at this I was I just moved here in June. Look at what would have happened to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't want to be You didn't want to be in that elbow, and you certainly didn't want to be in Georgia, South Carolina, or in Ashville, North Carolina, with that incredible storm that just blew through. Gianna Misceli, thank you so much. It's Giannamoscelli dot com. If you want to find out more or get her book or find out about in Leanable University. All the information's there, Gianna, thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Came there you next time?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: You bet you the wild Man right around the corner afternows on seven hundred WLW. It is the nightcap into a brand new season on seven hundred WLW Welcoming some old friends as well. And this guy has been a part of these nighttime broadcasts of ours for God for as long as I've been doing it.
Speaker 3: So we're into eight years or so.
Speaker 1: Talking to the likes of doctor John Huber, forensic psychologist out of Austin, Texas.
Speaker 3: Many issues on the table. But first, doctor, how are you?
Speaker 6: I am amazing Gary Jeff just because I'm on the air with my good friend Gary Jeff Walker.
Speaker 1: Well, that's very very sweet. We'll see how you feel at the end of the interview. So, first and foremost, as a psychologist, and you testify in court as to the wherewithal sanity, the brainwear with all of people who are on truck, and that's one of the things that you do. So much attention has been focused on Sean Combs for the last we're really not just the last month, not since his arrest, but going back to the FBI raid, going back to all the other rumors about just very very unseemly stuff, sexual stuff and freak goll parties we've found out about after the FBI raid and the one hundred thousand bottles of baby oil, which by the way, I would not suggest that necessary as a lubricant because I would think not that I know that that could burn a little bit. But Doc, first and foremost, what causes someone, and we're of course it's all alleged.
Speaker 3: They've got hours of video of all these parties.
Speaker 1: They've got all kinds of forensic evidence they have turned up from Diddy's homes, and there have been plenty of people coming out one victim so far. But what's behind the psychology of someone who might go this far off the rails like P did?
Speaker 6: Well, what one of the things is you got this person, you know, when you become this entertainer and you get out and you're out in front of people, you know, you start to, you know, get this very narcissistic part of your life. And unless you can control that and cut that down and turn it off when you walk off stage, that kind of stuff. I mean, we see people do it all the time, you know. I mean, why do you think Madonna's done what she done? She is on stage, she is that narcissist. Off stage, She's a family mom. She takes care of business, you know, she she gives her kids, consequentquences, all that type of stuff, just like you're supposed to. Then you turn around and you look at P Diddy as far back. I was actually able to watch a video of P Diddy in nineteen ninety nine talking to an entertainment news show thinking about how crazy his parties are that one day he's going to get arrested for them. And he said that nineteen ninety nine, so he knew what he was doing back then was with pushing limits. And you know, I remember, you know, googling and ooing and aweing at the fact that you know, the guy went out and rented a two hundred and something million dollar yacht to hold a birthday party and brought all his friends on that and took him through the Caribbean or to the Mediterranean whatever back in the day, back back long before nineteen ninety nine, and thinking, Wow, how extravagant, how how much he just throws into that. And then you turn around and today again you got that indictment. It's nineteen pages long as there's one victim, plethora of witnesses than the raids include all the digital video stuff and this guy, I mean, who copies. And you know, I've had smaller cases where where people had had like websites or podcasts and things like that with two three hundred thousand followers, and then they go out and start videotaping themselves committing crimes. And you know, whether it's it's you know, graffiti, that kind of stuff, defacing property and putting it on their YouTube and their videos and then get arrested and then you know, I got brought into the case and they're like, hey, nobody's gonna give me any punishment because I'm famous. I'm like, I don't know who you are. You know you got quote unquote two hundred thousand. Well, it turns out several of those people following his face APPA to Bend police officers and they use that to invite him. So now you take that to the instagree where somebody who wherever he goes in the world, people know he did. He you know, Sean Puffy Combs, and you just look at that. This guy walks into any room and people basically cater to his whims. So he's got money to follow that up. Apparently these parties he hired sex workers male and female professionals, ex workers, so prostitutes, and they would go there and these parties would last days where they'd have you know, ivy rehydration centers where people could get rehydrated and jump back in. And then people after participating in this, some of them weren't able to go out publicly because they were so bruised, scratched up and you know, injured, that they couldn't be seen in public without people going, hey, what's wrong with you kind of thing? What happened? Will beat you up? And man, why do you do that? He's got he's got the world of his fingertips and it happened at a very young age. He had a bunch of yes people all around him, and now he's sitting there being told no, he put up. He offered fifty million dollars per bail and was at the bag bill. So he's sitting up there in the Bronklin Brooklyn, sorry not Bronklyn Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Detention Center right in his book Made, his book Made is Sam Bankman freed the fraud strup So no, I'm serious? And Greg Greg Greg Greg Guttfeld on Fox on his show said we had a picture of Sam Bankman freed and in a T shirt.
Speaker 3: He said, well, at least Diddy has a bunk mate with a nice rack.
Speaker 20: That was.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, And then you know, and then Bieber released some song about Pitty about p Diddy that is not I mean, you listen to it, whether it's true or not. It's really uh slapping the face.
Speaker 1: But back to the psychology of this, and you touched on it very well and succinctly for me. But this overwhelming, unchecked narcissism which makes someone and it happens God, you see it in the political circles all the time. Uh, but you you see that, and it is an awareness by that person that they think they are God and whatever their whim is is okay because they wanted to do it. And that is just, I think the worst kind of narcissism. It's it's narcissism to the nth degree.
Speaker 3: And this is what p did. He probably is suffering from, although he oh absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And you see it, you see it to a lesser degree. Like just think to your local sports star, your your high school star quarterback who maybe is out running around and then maybe goes a little over the speed limit and you know, cop pulls them over and then oh, well you had a great game last night, you know, slow it down and go home. Where they get everybody else's tick it, you know, and it starts real subtly like that, and that's just you know, a police officer trying to be friendly in the community, trying to avoid issues. You know, hey, you're targeting our star player. You know, all that kind of stuff. But the players are too young, too niate to understand all that's involved in all the different nuances and how they can be pushed and pulled and uh, now you take it to the integrate with hundreds of millions of dollars at this person's back and call and can you write a check? And uh, and it cashes, it doesn't bounce. Man, It's it's pretty pretty hard to defeat that, you know. I work with some clients who have some wealth, and it's really interesting how things get crazy. They just hire people to take care of certain things for them, you know, whether it's, oh, I'm having a party for my daughter this weekend, the house of mess, so they hire two cleaning crews to come clean their house instead of panicking, and you know, stand up until midnight trying to clean their own exactly exactly. And you know, I don't, I don't. I don't behooved these people. I mean, my clients are some amazing people who who've really, you know, worked hard in life, and most of them start out with nothing. However, you can say a lot of that about p Diddy. He started out in life with not very much, and he worked his way up, and you know, I think that there's that element of you know, we talked about the and the ego and the superrego. The superrego is the part that controls the negotiations between the in and the ego and vice versa. The ego and moderates between the super ego and the ID. But those rules that the superrego implied that you have to follow, that super ego is very weak. And people like p Diddy because oh the rules don't apply to me, everybody else needs to follow him because I'm not going to get in trouble for you get, you know, violating the rules. But hey, I can get away with it. That's also money. I can buy my way.
Speaker 1: Also, in the back of his mind, since you said in that interview you cited from nineteen ninety nine that his his parties might get him arrested one day, So in his mind, in the back of his mind anyway, he's been on the LAMB for twenty five years. And I say on the lamb, and I'm not talking about animals because there were no sh in the videos as far as I know, Doctor Huber, Let's take a quick break, we'll come back, we'll talk about I don't know, just a sense of a belonging to a certain place. You're deep in the heart of Texas, and you're a Texas boy through and through, you feel like you belong there. Some of the reasons why we have that kind of provincial sense of belonging to one geographical area where we've got all these kind of family ties and roots and such. As we continue on the nightcap on seven hundred WLW Forensic Psychologists, he's still waiting on his pay after eight years, but he's back anyway, like a glutton for punishment, Doctor John Huber in this little segment. In a few minutes we have left, Doctor Hubert, I wanted to ask you about something that's always kind of mystified me, probably because as a kid, we moved around all the time, different states, sometimes different time zones, and we weren't in any given place for a long long time. Although I was born in Iowa, and every time I go back to the small town where I was born in southeast Iowa, Mount Pleasant, I instantly, even though I didn't live there more than two months of my early infant life, I always feel at home there because there are relatives there, and there are places that just make you feel more at home than others. You are Texas born and bred, so Texas always feels like home for you. Describe that phenomena of people's ties to a particular place psychologically, well.
Speaker 6: Psychologically, you know, you have an awareness of things. You know, you have a general understanding of that the culture in that area. You get an awareness of the physical geography of the area, and there's something that's just kind of innate. You understand it. You feel like you can predict what's going to happen. You know when you walk around one corner what you're going to see on the next one. And we get that in different ways. Okay, you said you were only there for a few months, but now when you visit, you feel like you belong there. The thing is, you heard about that your whole life. Your parents talked about things that they did in that town. Now I sit back and I feel this way about Texas. But my parents, respectively, one was in Colorado and one We grew up in Iowa, not very far from where you were at Muscatine. So when I go to those states, I have all this history that I've been taught about that state from a child, and then a parent's perspective to another child. And there's something about feeling like you just belong because you kind of you know, you know something. You walk around the corner and there's this building that your parents told you about when they were little kid. And and it's funny because we briefly discussed several different topics last week when we were starting this up, and and I started thinking about things. You know, there's another place that I feel very like, like connected with, and that's that's Manhattan, New York City. And you know, I'm a Southern boy, and we talk about all the things we don't like about the North, and they talk about all the things they don't like about the South. But when I get there, the people that I'm introduced to, they have always treated me very respectfully, very very much, with care and compassion. And so when I go there, get ready to go there, I start having Hey, it's like I'm going back to see an old friend. So I get that feeling too, even though I didn't grow up in that area and I don't have a family history of people being in that area. So it's kind of I think there's a couple of ways we can get that. We get that through stories, you know, from our parents, but also then from just being around good people. You know, I know there's bad people in New York City, there's bad people here in Texas, there's bad people in Colorado. And but I've been I've been sheltered from that. I haven't exposed been exposed to that. You know, you go somewhere for a vacation and somebody robbed you, you know, at your hotel room. You're not going to ever feel comfortable in that place ever because you were exposed to that bad element. And I think as long as the people around us are genuine human beings caring about other people in general, you're going to get that. Even if you have an altercation. For example, maybe you drank too much in a bar and you bump into somebody.
Speaker 3: Happened.
Speaker 6: No, no, But I know you know, since since since you've had past lives where you worked in those places, you've seen that happen. Just just because it doesn't happen to you and me that that you know, that's we've been lucky.
Speaker 1: But doctor, I want to focus primarily on the state that you call home, and it's you, it's your life place, it's the place where you want to be Texas. I have known many people from Texas and they all have the one thing in common, and that is, don't mess with Texas, man. I mean, it's really strident and strong for some reason with Texas. Why do you think that is more so than other places.
Speaker 6: Well, I think there's a lot of things playing into that. You know, we're the you know, next to Alaska. We are the biggest state. We are the biggest of the lower forty eight, and you know, we we like to push that. And because we're taught that from day one. I mean when you're growing up, hey, look at this. You know, we're the biggest, were the best. And then you know something that world are wide. You talk about the Alamo and you know, my friends when I first met them from Amsterdam, you know, they were like, oh, you've been to the Alamo, and I'm like yeah. And then they wanted to ask if I knew where Ozzie Pete on the building. I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know where he did that question where did Osbourne urinate on a building?
Speaker 6: Yes? And he did get arrested for that, and you know, and and you know he's openly admitted I had too much to drink. I had to go pee. There was nothing around, and I walked up to a building, didn't know what it was.
Speaker 3: And once again, yeah, once again for me, it never happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you didn't get caught when you peede on the Alamo. So that's why you still like Texas.
Speaker 9: But that's.
Speaker 3: I could just see Asie standing there.
Speaker 1: Remember Alamo, Saren, I don't remember what is the Alamo. It's what you're peeing on. A mercy all right, doctor, Well listen. Thank you as always. It's a blast talking to you every single time, and I hope you will do a lot more of it now that we're back on the air on a more consistent basis here on Monday and Tuesday nights on the seven hundred WLW. Doctor John Huber, you are as always amazing, and thank you so much for granting me a little bit of your precious time this evening.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, Gary, Jef Walker. It's my pleasure.
Speaker 3: Great stuff.
Speaker 1: And with that we in tonight's broadcast with the playing of our national anthem to honor America on seven hundred WLW