Speaker 1: I came to a realization yesterday when I was putting show. I was trying to put show prep together, and I just texted Ross and I'm like, this is dumb trying to do this right now. So then you stay up way too late, you watch way too many absolutely distraught people, You get up way too early, start reading, you become actually concerned about some people who are openly talking about self harm and things like that. And that's the tragedy of all of this. But the root of the tragedy of all of this is also being demonstrated by a big chunk.
Speaker 2: Of the media right now.
Speaker 1: Where I think the strategy and I'm not sure. I'd have to remember back to when I was a wei one.
Speaker 3: The the.
Speaker 1: Idea that if you don't acknowledge it, it's not real, right or you the kid with your hands over your eyes, and that seeps into the populace man, and I look, I don't know who's trolling when they post stuff like that, and who's serious, But you were, you were misled, or your expectations were not properly tempered, I guess would be the way to say, nobody knows, nobody knows you think you know, you think twenty sixteen Hillary Clinton, you think, you know, and arguably maybe they were. They were less misled this time. But like I'm seeing local TV stations. In fact, let me just make sure this is one thousand percent accurate.
Speaker 2: It was about twenty minutes ago, you head on OVA. They have changed it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So in the five o'clock hour this morning, I was on w r L site and they had not called the race for Trump or we're not reporting that they were saying. In fact, they had a I should have screenshot. They had a headline about how a couple of counties in Michigan could still and then they called Michigan Wisconsin, excuse me, and then they called Wisconsin. The problem is, uh, like with r E L there, NBC right, NBC called it. They had already called it, man, So forgive me if I don't fully understand the uh the you know, the the the strategy there, so to speak.
Speaker 2: But yeah, ross, what how many hours sleep you're working on?
Speaker 4: Buddy?
Speaker 2: I saw you were tweeting like three hours ago, so that's it.
Speaker 4: Couldn't go to bed?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, I mean it's.
Speaker 4: Just a it's a it's a beautiful morning in America, it is, Oh okay, it is And we talked to Race Day. Yeah, you're right, they were last night. First off, the speed between the networks compared to like X or Twitter, right, there's no comparison there. And you realize why a lot of the networks now are completely irrelevant because you would have a state called either by this is Decision as HQ or the even the EP or whatever, and you would see it on TV maybe thirty forty minutes later. But then when it came, when it started like being obvious what was happening, and you saw the breakdown of the anchors uh on n NBC or MSNBC, like Chuck Todt. I was watching him and he looked like I was going to have like a like a fit. He was pale, he couldn't talk right, he was sort of shaken. When that started happening, they started slow rolling these states. They did not want to call these states, and it seemed very very like I'm not gonna do it, not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, it's not real if you don't do it right. Yeah, yeah, dude.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need you to real quick do something because I I don't have a TV in my Greensboro studio here, which is really weird. Actually, now that I think about it, can we do a welfare check on Joe and Mika?
Speaker 4: The view today is going to be amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh, don't make me want to watch the view?
Speaker 2: Oh make me?
Speaker 1: And you know and Trump she got she got Cleveland steamrolled is the term I was working on this morning for what just happened to Kamala Harris. What do you think I feel like that? That'll be there by the way I'm looking at her. It was just getting the button bar while you were talking. Where is her concession speech? Where on the is it? What color is it?
Speaker 4: Are you sitting? Are you sitting down?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 2: I am physically seated.
Speaker 4: Yes, amazingly. The the brat woman boss rat summer. Yeah, the brat ladies sent the man out to do her job at the end because she couldn't do it well.
Speaker 2: To be fair, she ordered a man to do it. So that's empowering, right.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, except when I'm doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What other is that angle as well? Yeah? Did these similarities in the last I tweeted this the other day when I saw that Lady Gaga was going to be up in Pennsylvania with her for her last UH speech, Eve's speech.
Speaker 1: If you don't remember, If you don't remember, I'm happy to remind you the very last rally that Hillary Clinton did in twenty sixteen was with Lady Gaga. It was in North Carolina, was actually at the NC State University. That was where she chose to do her final rally. Now, granted, Harris did it in Pennsylvania, but she also brought Lady Gaga in and then got together, you know, at campaign HQ for the watch party. And then as things quickly began to come into focus, you you, it turned to.
Speaker 2: A wake what are they telling you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jake, let me just give you a gut check out. And then this is what we are hearing here as we've been sitting here reporting from the Harris headquarters. And I think the operative word right now is silence. There's not a lot being said because the Harris team appears to be searching for bright spots in the map as these results very very.
Speaker 1: Soloh yeah, so well now there, so they're not talking to them. Hillary Clinton's campaign stopped fielding media inquiries about an hour forty five minutes to an hour prior to them coming out and telling everyone to go home. If you remember, and I'm and.
Speaker 2: Like it's it's all. It all played out exactly the same, still out there.
Speaker 7: No plans for any concession, certainly at this point, but I can't tell you. In conversations we've had with a series of individuals, including a Democrat who was attending a donor event that was taking place at one of the glitzy hotels not far from where we are here in Washington, DC, they say the atmosphere there was like a funeral. Another person said that the situation, in their words, was just quote not good.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 1: You know why that, You know why that party with your biggest donors was like a funeral because they just did the thing the Joker did, maybe not as dramatically, but pretty close. Just did the thing the Joker did. Get that big old pile of money, slide it on fire man. And then, as Ross pointed out, we do this.
Speaker 8: We still have votes to count, We still have states that have not been called yet. We will continue overnight to fight to make sure that every vote is counted, that every voice has foken. So you won't hear from the Vice president tonight.
Speaker 1: I want you, guys, to recognize something from an audio perspective. I'm going to nerd out on you a little, and especially towards you get to the end, I want you to listen to the reverberation of his voice, the echo of his voice, which is not a thing that happens in a room like that usually because it's filled with people. But also there's murmuring, there's people shuffling around. So when you're hearing clear levels of echo, it is dead silent, it is not full. It is you're essentially speaking to yourself.
Speaker 8: We still have votes to count, We still have states that have not been called yet. We will continue overnight to fight to make sure that every vote is counted, that every vote, so you won't hear from the vice president.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's where we are, and for the first the first or the second time, but the first since the first time a president has had non a president will have non consecutive terms, I e. Grover Cleveland, which is why I'm calling her getting Cleveland steamrolled because I'm four as well.
Speaker 2: But that was that man.
Speaker 1: Now that doesn't mean in North Carolina there weren't wins for the Democrats.
Speaker 2: And we will talk about that.
Speaker 1: Wins for the Republicans, wins for the Democrats, But as far as the country goes, it really quickly became not the most worrisome or contentious race. Do you know what I'm saying for either side? Because you basically in your mind you knew what was up unless you're truly I guess a believer. So anyway, what what a what a what a night?
Speaker 2: Man? So an away?
Speaker 1: Did Marky stay up with you or she just like, uh get into his own devices.
Speaker 4: She passed out. I want to say around like ten, Okay.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna get into all this. Uh we got uh, we got Van Jones. Goodness, Hey, do me a fair put the Hugh Hewitt cut back up, because that's the same dude next to Kate part there.
Speaker 2: That's the same dude. And I'm so happy we get to play these two together.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got some really good stuff for you, and uh, we'd like to hear from you absolutely. What'd you do to a watch party? I went to some watch parties. I'll fill you in on how that went. Most of it really good, most of it really good. But man, there's some weird, weird folk out there. But we'll look.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling this morning? I?
Speaker 1: Uh on, on the way into the radio station here, I stopped to get a basically a fruit cup thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, I'd much.
Speaker 1: Rather have a big greasy biscoville thing, but be a little responsible because I ate a bunch of barbecue last night and there were fire There were some firefighters where I stopped, and they saw the station vehicle ross and I got a fist pump from firefighters this morning. So good on you guys. Hey, you guys look bored. You want me to go? You want you want me to have ross arse at something? It's like maybe at the next break. No, okay, all right, probably probably might not. All right, we'll get into this the audio your calls eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four back in just a few, that's right, Nope, okay, well you all can understand me, so we'll we'll rock it out from here. Maybe let me take it down just a notch there and see if that helps.
Speaker 2: Do do do do do.
Speaker 1: All right, less muffled but not as loud. Right, all right, right, there we go. Well you know what, we'll just work on that. So uh yeah, yeah, yesterday yesterday. It was an interesting day. So I, as you know, I'm I'm broadcasting in the Triad all this week, doing a thing here with my super compressed microphone, and so I thought, I don't normally do it, just because you know, we work early. But I I thought I'm gonna swing by a couple of the watch parties around the Triad, and I reached out to a couple people kind of let me know what was up because I was having trouble figured out where everything was. And so pop over, I get to, I get I go to I go to one and I'm kind of I think I'm early because they told me it started at one time and it started a half hour later. But there are people there, and I'm just conversing with some folks and we're talking about the bomb threats in Georgia, right, what's up with that? Is it Russia? That kind of stuff, because everything's Russia? And I think we're talking about the bacon thing yesterday and they had a one of the TV stations had sent, you know, a little basically a b roll film crew, and I chatted with them for a few minutes. Nice, nice enough folks, very you know, very you could tell that they're very early in their careers because they're getting the go do the b roll over at the GP watch party.
Speaker 2: But hey, that's what you do in this business. You cut your teeth, man.
Speaker 1: And and then so I'm I'm over talking to this one table and this guy comes over and he go, hey can I can I talk to you real quick? And I thought he either was, you know, longtime listener, glad to meet you, which is the normal, Okay, hey can I get a picture?
Speaker 2: Things like that? I hate photos, but whatever.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 1: He was like he he was upset because I didn't identify myself as a member of the media.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 1: What is on our are black pullovers? What is on gud You got one? We all have one.
Speaker 4: I've never worn it though yet. It's the iHeartMedia logo.
Speaker 2: And it's tiny, right, it's really tiny. You can barely see either.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now I introduced myself with my name, They introduced themselves with their names. We were grown adults having a fine time.
Speaker 2: And I'm not there.
Speaker 1: I'm not there necessarily gathering content, at the very least not negative content. Unless somebody something truly crazy happens and I'm forced to sit here and tell you this story and long story short basically now, and I want to point out I don't know that this guy was in any way, shape or form necessarily in charge, but he he seemingly.
Speaker 2: Had the supporters.
Speaker 1: And so I left because he's all right, you don't want me here unless I go stand over with the film crew, I'm out. And then I went over some other ones. I went to Mike Causey, who we had on yesterday. They were very very nice. Rossie gave me his card. I don't know that that's going to get your insurance deduction, but he asked me to give it to you, So I'll give that to you next time I see you. But yeah, man, just like some people can't get out of their own way, and some of those people are on TV and just absolutely unable to deal. So we'll start our journey down the media landscape from the election, and let's talk. I mentioned Mike Casey there. He's running for insurance commissioner or rerunning his incumbent. I we'll tell you where he and the Council of State and some other folks landed.
Speaker 2: And we'll do it next.
Speaker 1: Even though many of you may be very excited with Donald Trump's reelection, and it's the reaction that you're going to see today you will feast on in your soul, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: You look handle it. However you won.
Speaker 1: The fact remains that in the state of North Carolina, the next governor is gonna be Josh Stein, a man who, according to the courts, cheated in one election and attempted to manipulate an entire another one in a way that he was not permitted to do. And his attorney general is gonna be Jeff TikTok Jackson. And if you don't know this dude, get to know him. So it's gonna be it's gonna be a little weird. And also it will probably be a lot of unless people are gonna flip parties, We're gonna be running into situations where no, nothing's gonna get done unless Stein and legislative leaders are willing to actually, you know, adult through this thing. Because the super majority is likely not a thing anymore. Council of State looks largely largely and not all. By the way, not all of these races are official. I just want to be very clear here, because there's a cop one of these races is like, is it a thousand or something. I mean really really close. So let's let's you know, let's keep.
Speaker 2: That in mind.
Speaker 1: And that is all going to be impactful, and it is all going to you know, be something that we in North Carolina deal with. But at the federal level, things are just getting rolling. And I think, really and Rosster and I are just talking off the air, and here's the analogy that I made. Let's say you want to bet on football. Okay, you want to do a little I want to do a little sports gambling, do your thing. And let's say you want to bet on the Kansas City Chiefs. Ein't no Kansas City Chiefs next game. But let's say also that in the middle of the week we find out Patrick Mahomes he ain't playing. It's hit by a truck or something. And you walk into that betting situation on a moneyline bet or in some other way, shape or form, where in your mind you're still factoring that he's playing. Because you refuse to acknowledge what has happened, you're gonna lose your money damn near every time. And that is what you saw in the world of journalism. You saw people who can't understand how these things came to pass. They refused to factor in the impact that somebody almost murdering Trump twice once Razor thin and what that might have on people. That was a very powerful as jaded as we are, that was an extremely powerful event.
Speaker 4: No only yeah, not only was it a powerful event, but you had the media who was acting like it never happened to completely memory hold it and it did it a lot of one adim people. Look what it did to Mark Zuckerberg robot But yeah, Mark, well he used to seem like a robot and now he seems more human. And you see how he's handled stuff on Facebook when it comes to this, it's been completely different. He's like a different dude. He said it was the most American photo what he's ever seen her most badass as Yeah, yes, because he was. There's a lot of people that saw that dude got shot at and we saw this before in the.
Speaker 2: Dude got shot shot right and we seen this.
Speaker 4: Before, Like how would Trump handled this? Oh he would run away, look at coward, dude hit the ground, popped up with his fist up saying fight that's in.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry, He'll never not funny, very nice, I know, he'll never not be fuddy shoes.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he popped up fist of the air. The photo is so iconic that they had to memory hole it too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean you're talking about how like, how is somebody going to respond under pressure? Right? Yeah, there you go, And yeah, there's a lot of it. There's a lot of people across the globe, like leaders who are going to look at that going Wow, you're telling me, put is not going to see that be like, that's amazing. You don't have to work. You know, wonder how that dude's going.
Speaker 1: You'll probably have them self shot. You'll probably have themself shot just to keep the edge man.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, both ears look at that. Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: And then of course you ever did the shoot, and I'll go up to their thirtieth floor condo and bad, bad things, just.
Speaker 4: The way this all played out, like the law fair, the mug shot, the attempt, everything, all of it, all of it. Can't tell me. I'm sorry, you can't tell me that God wasn't involved in some way. You can't. It's it's a you can if.
Speaker 1: You boo God on your party platform. The whole story it's just a miracle.
Speaker 4: It's a it's an amazing comeback, the greatest political comeback in American history.
Speaker 1: Now, does that mean Donald Trump's going to go in there and be able to accomplish everything that he promised?
Speaker 2: I know, No he's not.
Speaker 1: Now they are going to control the Senate, but again, you're not up to the sixty votes. And but also, as much I hate to say it, that the expectation for politicians now is that like even getting them to attempt to do the things that they want to do. Right, to get him to do that seems to be the high bar, which is it's the reality of politics, it's the reality of Washington.
Speaker 2: But that's what people want to see.
Speaker 1: And no matter how much Trump bothers you, but you hold your nose vote for him. The one thing the guy did attempt to do is really the big thing, the big issues. Remember he was you didn't like, people didn't like how he was going to do it. Remember when he was like, i'll sign DACA today if you'll give me six billion dollars for a wall, and they sneered at him and Nancy did a photo op, right, But he tried to do it. He tried to do it in his way, and so you know, we'll we'll take them as they come and we'll call it like we see it, which is what you're expected to do in journalism. But if you're going to sit there and you can't. Did you see heads exploding yesterday? I don't know that we have audio because I just saw several versions of it when they started coming to terms. Because here's what they inevitably do, right, they break down everything into you know, grievance groups, right or or you know, they slice it through the diversity of the diversity process. So here's what's wrong with latinas, what's what's going on with black men, what's going on with you know, crazy white women with college degree? And this is what they do. And it does help you understand, especially if you're marketing. But I feel like you weren't paying attention. And when they seized upon what could be and I don't know what the final number will be, just under fifty percent of Latino votes going to Trump. They would they didn't have blood in their faces to start with. You could see through them looking at that number. Unable to comprehend how that happened. How does Donald Trump go and get between forty five and fifty percent of Latino votes.
Speaker 2: They can't. They could wrap their head around it.
Speaker 1: And if you asked you, if you if you woke me up and gave me thirty seconds to give you three reasons, that might be I could do that, believe it or not. And I don't know if you know this a lot of a lot of Latinos kind of religious.
Speaker 2: Ross. Had you heard about this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, did you're?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a tiny bit kind of religious, big believers in the family unit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are fans of that man.
Speaker 4: And uh work their asses to get here legally or yeah, their parents did, and they're like, hey, what the hell is going on over here? That is right?
Speaker 2: There's three because and there's so many more.
Speaker 4: Because dare I say they might see themselves as American? Right, hey we're Americans? But yeah, no, it's it's weird. Yeah, So maybe stop dividing all the everybody into different groups.
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Well, what how you got twenty four hours to fill on MSNBC.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do? Are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Uh? Jonathan k Part Unfortunately, I think there's gonna be the pin cushion on criticism here for this particular point. So Jonathan k Part PBS also he does some of the Washington Posts TV stuff, or.
Speaker 2: He tries to.
Speaker 1: So we didn't get to this audio yesterday, but it is so important. One of the people that he had on is Hugh Hewitt, who is a radio host, conservative radio host. Some people think he's a little too rhino. We I'll save that for you, but he's exactly the kind of guy in one of these left leaning outfits where you think you're balancing your panel, that you bring him on basically to be your whipping boy, right, And so this is this is from earlier this week, but I'm gonna play you right now. And you have kpe Part, you have Hugh Hewitt, and you have another person who's gonna have technical issues but is not really important to this story. So k Part is having to host this and I in my shoes, I could tell you this is a very uncomfortable feeling when all of a sudden you lose all your guests, your connection. I can't hear ross. We have a caller in the call things you got to scramble to fix it. So k Part's sitting there and this conversation's happening and Hugh Hewitt has enough. He's just out and he does the classic rip the lava leer off the little microphone set up, and then off he goes.
Speaker 11: We are newspeople, even though we have opinions, and we have to report the whole story if we bring up part of the story. So yes, he's upset about Bucks County, but he was right and he won in court.
Speaker 10: That's the story.
Speaker 2: Let's see it. I'll let you keep going, Jonathan.
Speaker 12: No, I'm just I don't appreciate being lectured about reporting when you many times you come here saying lots of things that aren't.
Speaker 4: I will come back back, but.
Speaker 5: I'm done.
Speaker 11: This is the most unfair election at I have ever been a part of.
Speaker 2: You guys are working, that's fine.
Speaker 10: I'm done.
Speaker 2: And he's out.
Speaker 12: Ruth, you wrote a column this week ending with this line, and actually I think this is perfect. We're gonna put it on the screen. You wrote you want to know the stakes of this election. I don't need democracy, but decency. Talk more about that, Ruth.
Speaker 1: As you can't for dude. That dude is so insufferable. He's like, ugh, yeah, he loves that word decency. But he was so dismissive to Hewett, and Hewett was correct. He was talking about Buck Scounty, PA.
Speaker 3: And he was.
Speaker 1: And we'll get in, we'll get into some more of the lawyering that was absolutely one.
Speaker 2: Part of this.
Speaker 1: And let me say this, And you know how I feel about Michael Wattley. As far as I can tell, I think they did a bang up job. And I'll explain why that is. And I will give credit where credit is due if if in fact that was him and not others handling it. But from what I what it looks like, it looks like the National Party was having none of this.
Speaker 4: They did a great job. And I kept seeing yesterday and I agreed with it. If Ron McDaniel was still in here there, right, you would have seen a different reaction what you saw.
Speaker 1: Well, but it required something else. And let me play this audio and I'll explain the other thing it required that I think can't can't be said enough. But all right, so I played that audio of Hugh Hewitt. Now let's go to the moment it settles in on the PBS Washington Post coverage last night, the moment where k part realizes Hugh Hewitt, now you know what he doesn't. He probably to this day still thinks you Hewitt is lying to him every time he's on there and is completely irrational.
Speaker 2: Listen to the cope in k Part's voice.
Speaker 13: I mean, there's a shift, right, and then there's a shift to Trump and shifting to trump Ism, and you know, I'm looking at a lot of things, especially after David talked about looking at counties, and you know how Trump is gaining on what he did in twenty twenty. And to me, I am I'm mystified in some ways because we're talking about it twice and paged four times, indicted, convicted on thirty four felon accounts, former president someone. That's one bucket. Then in another bucket you have all of the things he's been saying on the campaign trail. That gets to the decency that the woman was talking about in that last report and how she wanted to vote for Vice President Harris because she didn't like that Madison Square Garden rally.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 13: Just I am mystified that despite all of that, he's gaining support compared to twenty twenty. And it gets back to something I said earlier at some point one of the hours go that who are we as a country, and we're starting to find out and from what I'm seeing right now, I'm not sure I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's why you're mystified. I'm going to help you out, John then, because honestly, I anyone in this business floundering that bad, there's a little part of me that's like, ugh, that sucks, because you've been there early on your career something's not going well. But this guy made a career out of it not going well. Believe it or not, sir, there are parts of this country that exists south of the Potomac and west of Dulles, Okay, And if you're Kate Park, I don't think you. I think Dulles is as far west as this dude goes, and I think Arlington is as far south.
Speaker 2: I mean, what what are we doing here?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're you're up there in DC. You're in the bubble.
Speaker 1: I understand that I've been to the very building you broadcast, because it's where we did our radio row, the very building that he broadcasts out of, and and because I could we could watch them doing the the live hits or their background is the Capitol Building or the Monument. There's a stage on top of this building. And it's kind of interesting. I think I posted a photo was up there one time of like Anderson Cooper out there, because it's there's all of these different news outlets that are in this one office because it's a block from the Capitol, and but the whole building is filled with CNN and and PBS and NBC and Fox. Fox is in that same building for part of their broadcast, and so it's the building is a bubble within a bubble. That's how you're mystified. That's how you don't understand that these things are impactful. And people people have lots of thoughts, and a lot of those thoughts are not about how you perceive the country is, but rather how they perceive their individual life is. And you can call that selfish all you want. And and whether they're voting just on economic stuff, as a lot of people said, or they feel that in a bigger they have a bigger vision for America that has fundamentally changed in some very negative ways. The other bubble is outside of DC, and it's a much bigger bubble. And that's the flex that you saw. Because yes, some of those votes, a lot of those votes were about a big, big picture image of what America should be. And it's not for a thousand reasons, they think, just as you can't fathom how Trump operates in that and you fail as a journalist if you fail to recognize that.
Speaker 2: It's a thing to sit there.
Speaker 1: Look, do you remember the Senate runoff election following the twenty twenty election. I said on this radio, I said, the Democrats are going to win this thing, probably because you can sense the mood around things. And they did, and then Georgia went all the way and the other way. Now, why did I say, there's one other element that I think is vitally important here? Because it was a tool that was utilized by the GOP, by you and me and everybody else out there, that wasn't a tool that was available previously. And it you cannot stress the importance enough of it.
Speaker 2: What is that tool? I will tell you, and it we'll hear from you. Eight eight eight.
Speaker 1: Nine three four seven eight seven four. We'll get to some calls and give you a little more of a rundown coming up. Hang on the CaCO Day radio program. Let's go ahead and open phones. Well, I'll get into some of the audio here because we want to hear from you. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four What did you notice? What did you You know, we're playing a lot of this audio, but like, what was what was the craziest moment as you're sitting there and you're watching this unfold and there are several to choose from, but before we get into those, I want to talk about something that it really started to resonate with me as the day went on, about what I think the big fundamental difference was in the election yesterday versus twenty twenty and twenty so basically versus every election before them.
Speaker 2: And that's this.
Speaker 1: And you remember on the show yesterday we had Michael Wattley, the National Party chair, sent out a he sent out a Shenanigan's alert, so to speak. I guess in Pennsylvania where you had the biggest counties in the state, and that also included the biggest red county in the state where Republican poll watchers were not being allowed in there, which this would all been settled. Everyone knew what was up, and they decided they weren't going to do it, and that thing went viral in a moment and throughout the day I noticed a much larger selection of people giving first person accounts, not necessarily even alleging shenanigans, just saying.
Speaker 2: Hey, this was really weird. I went to vote and this happened.
Speaker 1: And then you saw things like you had a precinct captain in Pennsylvania who just decided to not show up for an hour and they were telling and this was in a red district, but somehow it's a DEM guy. I guess maybe it's the the way the county split, but whatever, and the dude just didn't show and they're like, oh, y'all gotta leave.
Speaker 2: I mean, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But it was getting amplified, whereas in previous elections a lot of most of the a lot of times they would just take those down saying, well, it's not verified, and it's like it's a person giving their first, first hand thing. Even if you speculate motive, then it would get it would get essentially shadow band. You didn't see that stuff floating around. But what you saw yesterday is the moment people had concerns. It was out there. You had the roving bands of lawyers if you will, that the GOP had put into place. It was once again a scenario ross how many how many of those stories yesterday do you see where it was seemingly disenfranchising blue voters versus red voters because it also kind of seemed to be read And and just we're clear, I follow all the main TV everything, all the left wing media. We follow that on the show account because I want to get a you know, a shot of what's going on. So you cannot, in my opinion, you cannot emphasize the enough.
Speaker 2: The the power of what Twitter was able to do yesterday.
Speaker 1: And and and I saw people were getting mad. They're like, ooh, it's that they got a Trump ad at the top of trending. You remember last election they had a Democrat out of the top of trending.
Speaker 4: That was a thing.
Speaker 1: It literally is just the opposite of the thing that was a thing. You saw immediate response, and I and and you saw people who were ever more vigilant, and almost in almost every scenario, whatever the problem was, it seemingly got fixed pretty quickly. And if you're in that micro managed observant of a state right where there's eyeballs everywhere, you gotta have to be careful if you think you're gonna pull something.
Speaker 14: And I.
Speaker 2: Think that was out there.
Speaker 1: Uh you had and then you had you had like leftists, governors and whatnot who were like, all right, well we're gonna put a bunch of uh uh you know, uh troopers or police or wherever you know, depending on where it was. So there's no voter in Timid Josh Shapiro was out there. It's like, you Republicans better not voter intimidate people, which is rich considering it was Pennsylvania where that famous photo of black nationalists, the Black Panthers out in front of that place all kit it up. Going back to the Barack Obama election, that's where that happened. So you can't talk about the election yesterday and not recognize what I mean. This is just I don't want to get into too much of the military analogy, but it's like previous to this, it's like one one group of troops had radios and the other didn't. And go ahead and try to on a modern battlefield take somebody on. When you can't communicate in a timely and immediate manner with your forces, that's one hand tied behind your back.
Speaker 2: Twitter filled that void yesterday.
Speaker 4: I was thinking this yesterday to myself I said, you know, this is going to be a test. Is Twitter is what I'm seeing on my feed? Is it reality?
Speaker 1: Oh you're stealing where I'm going with this, but yeah, yeah, go ahead or feed my algorithm right it, yes, knows what I want. So it's like, hey, this is going to feed your dopamine and this is reality? Which one is it? And it turned out what you're seeing on Twitter tends to be more reality. It's not an echo chamber. And I want to say we've said it on the show before. It previously was yes it was, and we how many times have we said on the show the problem you can't think Twitter is real life.
Speaker 2: And you still can't think that there. I mean, there's there's a lot of stuff, but it's.
Speaker 1: Closer when people are unabridged in their ability to state their opinions. Only then are you going to get closer to the reality on the ground. Did you see what happened? Every time they asked somebody, they would run up. They'd run up to Latino women, hoping that they were Puerto Rican, and then some Puerto Rican woman would be like, I'm voting for Trump because you know, I have kids I want to feed. There and you know, the news anchor be standing there like what's happening, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Ask you. They kept pointing out four hundred.
Speaker 1: Thousand Puerto Ricans live in swings there, whatever the number was, all right, he's doomed, that's it. But then you never asked yourself why do four hundred thousand Puerto Ricans live there and not in Puerto Rico. I'm not disputing their ability to move back and forth, but you make a decision, and if you ever been to Puerto Rico, it's not solely an economic one, or most Puerto Ricans would then move and look for opportunities that pay more. But there's a lot of folks stay there and that's fine. I don't care which one you do. But why did they make the decision to move? It may have nothing to do with the with problems they assessed in Puerto Rico, but I'll bet some of it did. And so they're sitting there looking at it and they're like done, okay. Whatever they may be offended, It wasn't another Puerto Rican guy, because there's a certain pride there, but it didn't necessarily overwrite what they were hoping to accomplish and so watching them try to get at the root of this. You want to hear Chuck Todd and then we'll get into calls. Listen to Chuck Todd. He's not I want to say he's close, he's closer to getting it, but I don't think he is. I think his brain has stopped on this point he's going to make and he will never be able to think past why this is.
Speaker 15: It was a total misread sort of by the coastal strategists when it comes to how to target working class motors of color. And I think we're starting to see sort of a working class coalition start to drift to the right. You know, before Donald Trump had working class whites. Now he's adding working class Hispanics and working class not necessarily seeing evidence of working class African America, but adding work in class Hispanics. That becomes a very durable majority.
Speaker 16: Well, another way of saying that is the education gap. Well, it's the same thing college educated on college educated.
Speaker 15: It doesn't matter your ethnicity, it matters your education.
Speaker 2: Do you touch that last line?
Speaker 4: So I'm watching that. I have Twitter open, yeah, and I got NBC opening. Chuck Todd says that I'm I'm my couch and I literally looked up and I said, did he just say that? I'm like, I have to find that audio in the morning, because what he's pretty much saying is, you know, it comes down to education. If you're educated, doesn't matter your race. If you're educated, you're going to vote for the left. But if you're on a you're a dumb, stupid person with no education knuckles like these Puerto Rihuans and Latinos, where you're going to vote for the right. That is consulting.
Speaker 1: Well, what it's it's abandoning the identity politics that brought you right. But two, he never stops to go, what else do those voters who vote Democrat that you're talking about, what else do they have in common?
Speaker 2: Or they may that may have colored their worldview?
Speaker 1: Ross, can you think of anything that Chuck Todd Team Team Todd will call him right, mabe.
Speaker 4: Because he spent I don't know, you have forty eight years in your re education camp that is the universities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh okay, yeah, that's a good point right there. The Chuck Todd mind can't comprehend. Man can't comprehend. All right, let's grab some calls camera and you're up first, what's up?
Speaker 17: Hey, Gaysy just wanted to mention I was skeptical in regards to twenty twenty about claims that it being stolen a rig but after last night.
Speaker 2: I am one convent that's the election was rigged. I mean, whether it was or wasn't. Yeah, well, but here's the thing, whether it was or wasn't.
Speaker 1: The best trolling I saw yesterday was people going into like Unreddit and going, you know what I didn't maybe the way they did steal the last one, and watching people's reaction to it.
Speaker 18: So those were hilarious as well.
Speaker 17: But it's a great day to be American, Casey, That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 1: All Right, well, thanks for calling in. Let's grab one more, Shannon, go right ahead.
Speaker 19: Good morning, Casey, Thank you so much for taking my call today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you bet, what's up there, Paul workout.
Speaker 19: And it's a brand new day for this country.
Speaker 20: I am so elated.
Speaker 21: I can't hardly stand myself today.
Speaker 19: Thank you, Thank you America. Thank you for American people who have been quiet, who have eaten crow for the last four years of dealing with this bureaucracy that we were forced into. For getting out there yesterday, putting your name down, putting your vote on the ballad, getting us where we need to be.
Speaker 1: Let me let me ask you this. Do you when you go to work today? Is it out and open in the office? Do you do you worry that things are going to be hostile? Or is do you think that people are going to be able to adult? And it's just the media the it's going to be freaking out.
Speaker 19: It's just the media. My team, the place that I work, they are incredibly supportive of each other. We've actually had some really good conversations and debate with each other, and at the end of the day, we still really like each other a lot. I truly believe all of America feels that way. I truly believe that it's the media that's forcing it down our throats.
Speaker 18: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 19: I was so angry this morning when I got up and I turned on like grocal News. They're still trying to act like he didn't win. They're still waiting for the votes to all come in before they announced the winner. Are you kidding me? Get over it. The American people have spoken really, really loudly. Somebody in the media needs to get on the right page and get off this Trump bashing train that they've been on for years.
Speaker 2: You know that's not going to happen, Shannon.
Speaker 1: This just everyone buckle in for four more years of Milania is wearing a white dress to signal that she's in danger and needs rescue. Just get ready for that because, by the way, that was a real story. If people don't know that she wore a white dress one day and it was an s OS cry for help, and so you know, buckle in because more of that's coming, Shannon, appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: Glad you're.
Speaker 1: Hitting the ground running this morning. People are gonna have some spring in their step or some well the other thing. But to Shannon's point, yeah, I think the majority of Americans, even if they want to get fiery and discussions with people, they're not Van Jones and his team.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: There's there's a.
Speaker 1: Few people, but they have a lot of amplification who act like this. Yet in reality, it's just not how people roll. Where is my oh there it is right turn Wait, listen, this is Van Jones, damn near in tears.
Speaker 22: I hear what you're saying, and I do see it deffinitely because I'm thinking about the people who are not a part of anybody's elite, who are hurting tonight. There are African American women who know a little bit about being talked down to. I know a little bit about having their economic dreams crushed, who tried to dream a big dream over the past couple of months.
Speaker 1: I have a question, who's crushing Black women's dreams, financial dreams. I just want to I mean, in what sense do you mean? I mean, obviously he's making comparison that they all wanted Kamala, which is in and of itself not even accurate. Right if she is not just I understand that she's one in the race, But ultimately, if all you want to see is an African American woman in there, as Van Jones just said, and you don't care about anything else, that's probably not a good strategy for voting, and it's not one that's going to carry the totality of a group. So I don't even know what you're arriving at there. You know something that can be that could really crush the economic prowess of any woman, To be quite honest with you, having you know the things that so that from an economic standpoint, are are injurious right, having they put this out, having children out of wedlock, the you know, various uh, various relationships that people have necessarily with their own family, the tightness of their own family. And again, these are not just black or Latino or white things. These are reality. There are decisions that we make. There's the things that happened to us too, and it is all impactful.
Speaker 2: And Van Jones can't deal tonight.
Speaker 22: They're trading in a lot of hope for a lot of hurt. And they were hoping that maybe this time, this time, one of their own could be seen as worthy and once again.
Speaker 2: And she could if she wasn't Kamala Harris, Okay.
Speaker 22: They're facing rejection and that hurts. They thought tomorrow morning they're going to walk out with their shoulders back a little bit, they be able to breathe for the first time and feel like they belong someplace. They did everything that they knew how to do, and it's going to be harder than it should be to mark them to hold their heads up. And they're not the only people who are hurting tonight. If you're a tran, if you're a parent of a trans kid, your child's face was used as a springboard to power for somebody that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you want to know who used trans children as a power flex when the GOP at first, I mean they use it as a as a as a point of differentiating who they how they would govern. But they weren't the folks running around integrating them into women's sports or any of the very contentious issues out there. The start of this conversations's unblocking people today is unblocking day on his Twitter count for what twenty four hours?
Speaker 2: Maybe a week?
Speaker 4: I got, yeah, at least twenty four hours. I have to see how Mark Hamill's doing, Mark Ruffalo all this game, Yeah, checking on the marks, Yeah, Harry Sisson, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And the other dude.
Speaker 1: But they you know, I spent all yesterday talking about being Robert O'Neil's concubine, like, and they were spinning that as though he wasn't gravely insulting them. But yeah, yeah, Cison is a special Like what was the what what was the thing?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: It was Kamala's uh and Joe Biden's debate performance, Like he was the only dude out there going that was magical, that was amazing, And it's because he doesn't know how to shill properly yet, but he's working on it. Yeah, that's gonna be some goods. That's gonna be some good stuff right there. What how disappoint you going to be if they just pretended didn't have they they don't have the ability? Who am I fool What am I fooling myself with?
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm saying I'm looking forward to Saturday when they'll have a Kamala Harris playing Hello on the piano and SNL. Yeah wait, yeah, I can't wait. That'll be Remember when SNL did that, like when Hillary did that, the woman playing Hillary. I remember watching the entire thing, and I'm like, there's got to be a joke at the end of this, right, Like where's hit her?
Speaker 2: Hit her with a pie or something? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, Nope, So you don't think you don't think that Jim is Jim Gaffigan, the.
Speaker 2: One who what did they have him playing?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Just Oh my god, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, you got unblocked Jim Gaffigan.
Speaker 4: Jim Gaffigan plays Tim Walls in SNL, and I just realized. I just realized, Oh my god, I'm so excited. I will never have to see Tim Walls doing the can can again and Kamala Harris is now the modern day Michael Ducacus. I'm so excited. I am so excited that I don't have to load her cackling audio for four years. I threatened to quit.
Speaker 1: And wow, she'll speak at some point today, but there probably won't be a lot of cackling.
Speaker 2: And she's still the vice president. That's the other thing.
Speaker 1: How did nobody during the entire higher course of analysis yesterday bring up the fact that she's the sitting vice president, which was one of the biggest GOP talking points, and try to calculate, you know, try to calculate that into what happened. And let me tell you this, and you know how I feel about the polls. I was just eyeballing this this morning. That last real clear map that got center right that was being shared around where Democrats were losing their mind was almost exactly within the margin of every state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like the best polers the posters this time around was Atlas Intel, which they were the most accurate last election cycle in A twenty twenty and Rasmussen was incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, just some observations there. All right, we got a bunch of calls. Let me play one piece of audio and then we'll bang into phone calls. And that is Joy Reid, a woman with joy in her name, behind a candidate who was promising to bring joy so much joy.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to the joy, shall we?
Speaker 16: You just think about just the last two weeks. And the thing is that that Donald Trump has said into the TV that people could hear him say and do the vulgarity in front of families with young children, and the threats to do mass deportation and violence.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I particularly love that line, the vulgarity in front of children.
Speaker 2: Ross. I've seen some parade photos.
Speaker 1: You ever seen some parade photos where there's kids and I don't know, maybe some of the stuff in the parade.
Speaker 2: Might not be child appropriate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's okay because they're blurred.
Speaker 2: Oh it's blurred.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, Oh it's blurred, blurred. That's look at that. This is why you know, Ross keeps me on to.
Speaker 16: Start violent, start to his dictatorship on day one and you name it. If all of that gets you half of the votes forty eight nine percent, and what does it tell you? I mean, we need to really take a step back and think about what does that say about us?
Speaker 1: I think what she means us, she doesn't mean us her in her panel, which is the proper response that maybe we should take a step back and see what that says about us, not realizing that she means you and specifically specifically some of you who I'll reveal in a moment where we're saying, and this goes.
Speaker 4: Back to the k Part audio we played where he was saying, you know, it's one thing to have an election and have the electorate go to the right, but this is different because this is the Trump right. Joy Read and Cape Part and everybody else in this panels. They don't seem to understand that Trump is the moderate in this race. Compare him, just compare him to DeSantis, right, who is the bigger conservative there on policy.
Speaker 2: As the Ron DeSantis. Trump is a moderate compared to Right.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's he's he's he is moderate on most things, but on the things that poll well with people and they're very concerned about he is. He's on board with Desanta, right, They're pretty similar, and so it's all the other intangibles too.
Speaker 2: To get it there.
Speaker 1: You know, DeSantis, what Rose DeSantis to fame was his ability to kind of do what Trump was doing too, and do it very definitely with the with the Florida media there, and it lets you know that voters like that kind of stuff. When they feel that somebody is lying to them or or somebody is doing something insane, they want somebody who's not going.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like it's kind of like those videos where it's like polite parenting versus how Ross and I were parented and disciplined and many of you. Billy, could you stop trying to light your sister on fire? Billy please, Billy please? You know how that works in my house one in one failed ninja swoop, the flammable thing is removed from my hand by my mother, and her other hand is used to inflict a a substantial but not abusive amount of pain to my backside. Okay, you're respecting immigration law or respecting laws in general.
Speaker 4: Right. That isn't a far right opinion. That is the most Americans believe we should follow the rule of law, and we're seeing repectedly where that has not been the case. That is, that is not a far right. That is that will that is middle. That is moderate that people love. And what does America love. You've heard this phrase before.
Speaker 1: America loves an underdog, right, Well, one of the ways that you make somebody appear an underdog is you do the lawfare thing you joy. Rachel Maddow slash Mark Cuban yesterday was saying that regardless if Trump wins or not, Elon needs to have all of his government contracts scrapped. The guy who is light years ahead of everybody else on the space stuff, which is why NASA partners with him, she.
Speaker 2: Wants all of that thrown out. That's insane.
Speaker 1: And most people, even if they don't like Elon, they like the idea of kids in Africa having internet service and the idea that we may further our ability, not necessarily to go to Mars and populate Mars.
Speaker 2: That's that's long range thinking.
Speaker 1: But the you know, the innovative side of what what Elon's companies are doing.
Speaker 2: You don't have to like the guy.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people in tech that do some really crazy cool stuff and you go to their c suite and it's a bunch of moonbats. But I respect the effort. All right, let's uh, let's get to this Uh, okay, all right, we've got a lot of folks holding Andrew, you're up first, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Casey. I'll make this real brief, since you got a lot of college and so. But I just wanted to agree that, you know, you might be only something that how Democrats wanted Trump to win. But I don't think they wanted to give a power over the House and say I think they wanted to keep them in check if they did want to do that. And also, I think it speaks a big character to Kamala Harris for not speaking at her rally. If she can't even admit defeat when she knows she's defeated, how could she run a presidency. I'll take your answer off there.
Speaker 2: Thanks, But well, yeah, I think people would thanks for the call.
Speaker 1: They would say that's Trump, right, I mean, that's and that's how normally that debate would go. I I don't know she'll she'll have to say something at some point today because she's still vice president. She still has press gaggles with her. So I are they just going to pretend it didn't happen? What's her first meeting with Biden going to be?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: She meets weekly with him.
Speaker 1: How's that going to go? You think he brings it up, you think he points.
Speaker 2: Out, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So the other side of this desk is awesome, not that you'll know, but it's pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know how that pans out.
Speaker 23: And what's up ta Casey?
Speaker 2: Good morning morning.
Speaker 23: Most kind of stole my thunder by saying he mentioned this before, but it's definitely worth to mention again. Unfortunately I don't have broadcast TV at my job. I don't have access to it. I would really really all this the first day, the first time ever that I would want to tune into the view. Uh huh, you'll be interesting, my whole my whole hearted belief man, Pernobyl won't have a thing on joy Day, haart Man, it's gonna be meltdown city. What do you think I will?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And luckily, sir, if you just wait a few minutes after it starts and go on Twitter, I think you'll have all the access you need because there's one hundred guys wait with a video there's one hundred guys with video editing software that have alarms set on their phone right now?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Seven forty five Race stagic from the Weather Channel. It's the nonpartisan part of our show today. Yeah, unless you want to assign political motives to stormfronts. But all right, rock dude. Jonathan Mingo, huh Jonathan Mingo? Who yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 14: That's what I said to my buddies. I'm like, who's who's this guy?
Speaker 1: Hey, Carolina knows Jonathan and part of that big bear that.
Speaker 14: Well, what do you get a fourth Caroline gets a fourth rounder?
Speaker 2: Round?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Fourth?
Speaker 4: Yeah, m hm.
Speaker 14: So what is it going to be rushed to?
Speaker 18: Mingo?
Speaker 2: You get Mingo and a seventh round? I think.
Speaker 14: So that's great, that's great. I can't wait for Sunday, can't we?
Speaker 2: Good time? All right, so let's talk about the weather up up to Sunday. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Uh, Today we've kind of flipped the script here. We see the fog closer to and around the triad that we do into the triangle where visibilities are eight to ten miles and a mile to a quarter mile in the triad. So some fogging areas this morning. Then as we go through the day, we may get some wet weather into the area, but most of it's going to be south. Now, this is not the hurricane I don't know. Through all this other stuff that's going on, you haven't really talked much about Hurricane Raphael, which is going to go into the Gulf and we actually dissipate. There's another plum of moisture developing in parts of Georgia and South Carolina where the rough flood watch is that they try to work north tonight and tomorrow. So clouds today with the fog this morning near or just above eighty degrees for the Triangle, where we may set a record. I think the record's eighty or eighty one at Urdu So could be a record there. Probably stay in the mid upper seventies in the Triad and then tonight we'll see after midnight a few showers come. In Thursday, some showers scattered around, but we're looking at totals that are going to be less than a quarter of an inch, so we might not even make a puddle. But as you go south, and we're talking like south of Columbia South Carolina, that's where you start to see the flood watches for heavier rainfalls. So if you are traveling in the next couple of days, will be some rain, but it's not associated at all with Raphael. It's just some tropical moisture coming north. There's Stowe chance of a shower Friday, but we should be good for the most part, partly Sunday low to mid seventies. The weekend looks good. Saturday, sunny, Sunday, cloudy, upper sixties, low seventies, so we do cool off a bit before we were back up into Veterans Day, back into the mid upper seventy. So what casey, we've really had this blow torch in the eastern half of the US. All the storms, all the snow so far has been out west, and it looks like it's going to continue right into next week, maybe even the following week as we head toward Thanksgiving week, maybe a pattern change starting to show up. So we'll see I when you get some colder air south. Finally for all the cold weather and stuff lovers, the snow, stuff things, and that'd be people like me, but right now, don't see it over the next week or two.
Speaker 1: Okay, All right, Hey, thank you sir, appreciate it. We're talking an hour and I mentioned I mentioned that there was a joy read actually got more specific on who's to blame. And I feel like especially any of my female audience members. You don't want to miss what she said. We'll have that coming up next to more of your calls. Hang on, I promised you the other half of the joy read things, so let me get that. And ladies, you're gonna find this particularly interesting.
Speaker 16: Black voters came through for Kamala Harris. White women voters did not. And that is what it appears happened in that.
Speaker 2: State is North Carolina, by the way, slip enough.
Speaker 16: White women, and we've talked about this on this set numerous times, is that you have a state where you've got a six week abortion, work twelve week abortion. I think there might be twelve weeks, but it's a state where women lost their reproductive rights, where there was a very heavy push to get women to focus on not putting in place, you know, re electing putting back into the White House the person who was responsible for taking those rights away and restoring them. But that message obviously was not enough to get enough white women to vote for Vice President Harris, a fellow woman. This would be the second opportunity that white women in this country have to change the way that they interact with the patriarchy.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you stupid, stupid white North Carolina women.
Speaker 2: How dairy? Just oh is that what they're running right now?
Speaker 14: Russ?
Speaker 2: Do you have Ario? What do you have an ril on in your studio? I don't know why you do that.
Speaker 4: T have worked in here like five years.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point, all right. So, uh so this is the spy report I'm getting so on ari l. They're doing a segment ways to manage overwhelming emotions about the election. But they brought in grief counselors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean half the god and I know you saw this. People were saying this, You're gonna have half the country's going to have like this mental episode because they don't realize it. For what over ten years they've been propagandized to by by the media.
Speaker 1: They have no idea that yeah, yeah, I guess oh wait, oh wait, hold on?
Speaker 2: What is this guy's name? Jammel? I'll see what he has to say? Hello, sir, how.
Speaker 21: Are you watch.
Speaker 5: Way? Chase?
Speaker 2: Oh? I remember you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey, how you doing today?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 5: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How you see what's going on? What's going on? Case? See what's going on with you? How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm here so you know, like that, I'm listening to some people having some big, big emotions.
Speaker 2: That's what we're doing.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what case number one, I am said, what happened to Mark Robinson? Because that was dirty, rotten, scoundrel trick. What happened to him? I am sad about what happened tomorrow, That's number one. I'm sad about that, But I'm celebrating because of this. Will people stop saying people had to hold their nose to vote for Donald Trump. People didn't have to hold their nose to vote for Donald Trump.
Speaker 24: People didn't believe the lies they were telling. It's like here, people say, oh last night.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, the people who voted for Donald Trump. I guess they're nos.
Speaker 24: No, people didn't believe or not see stuff. Then people didn't believe the racist stuff. People didn't believe it, and the media still.
Speaker 5: Listen and enjoy reading. It's wat women, Paul, That's the same thing they said where Trump beat Hillary. People just have to accept it. It's the quality of the woman that you are running.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm happy to acknowledge that I had some deep concerns that we'd be doing this show this morning, and we'd know almost nothing. And I think if some of the networks had their druthers, that's where we would be. But it just became too much. But this morning, I was the first thing I did, when I know I've talked about it, if I get up, I actually get out of bed on that lazy go see what's on the phone, grab the iPad, cruse there's some news, and then you know, get up and start the day and you're ready for our little busy broadcast. But I was blown away knowing what I did know obviously with you know, what the networks were doing to see like local news stations still not calling it, still not calling it when I don't know, kind of clear to most folks. The problem was most of those folks don't work necessarily in the media. And I think that there was a perfect storm, still a perfect storm of people that were much more plugged in. The GOP really put in a priority at the national level on having their attack. You know, they're Mark Elias is. Hopefully they're a lot more honest than Mark Elias. But having those folks there and when Shenanigans arose, they were addressed, they were publicized and addressed. And those are important because now you have it's not just you who see something wrong and lawyer, and you know a lot of people won't find out about it. That stuff was getting put out there. People were aware. People who've never been to the state of Pennsylvania were able to name.
Speaker 2: Election officials at the drop of the hat.
Speaker 1: They were that plugged into this stuff, and it is going to be spun as they intimidated people, You're going to start seeing those stories come out. Oh well they were intimidating. Well what were they intimidating from doing. If a guy's about to do something illegal or just really stupid that could possibly compromise it, and you shame him out of it, I don't think that's intimidation. I think that's accountability. But you know, Tomato, tomato and all that. All right, let's let me grab a call here and we've got some more audio coming up, Emmanuel, thanks for hanging on.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 25: Hey, Good morning, tom Just once a number one. I'm very happy excited that I'm putting a Trump one. However, not relief. I think there's a lot of a lot of things that are going to come their way. I don't think the big Blue machine is done, you know, I mean, we.
Speaker 19: Saw it the first time around.
Speaker 25: But also more importantly, I think if the Democrats, it's important people to realize that the Democrats would have spent less time trying to prop up Biden and make us believe he was well, and less time shoving Kamala, who nobody voted for it, down our throats, and if they would have invested in a real, actual candidate, they would have most likely won a very close race. And I think that that's something to be very aware of and kind of weary of over the next four years, or how much they're going to try to bring him down again and how much they're going to use that to help swing it very violently back towards blue when we're doing this again in the next four years. And then, you know, it's scary when when something with so much power and influences as the Democrat Party has and the money they have, when they know that their backs against the wall, they're going to come back hard, and that really does make me a little nervous and uneasy for the next four years. And hopefully the Republican Party understands how much work they have to do and how much they really need to prove that this is the way market needs to go for the you know, foreseeable future.
Speaker 1: Jell, you know what, let me let me agree with you. I think that's a very good point. But I think there's two things. One, you're right one hundred percent, but there's going to there's gonna be this pause because remember how remember how the donors got really skittish with the transition to Kamala and then they were kind of drug and shamed into it. Those folks are not going to be opening their checkbooks right away. They they'll probably come around to it, but it's gonna be a little while because they felt bamboozled. And and but when you're bamboozling billionaires, some of them get really upset about it. And the second thing is this to your point about continued attack, Yes, I agree, But one of the concerns that I saw stated yesday, which made me laugh, is that Trump, if he wins. This was prior to to the announcement, but they said if Trump wins, not he's going to go into office with the mandate that he's unaccountable. Well, one, you've always accused him, but two per perhaps The reason you're concerned that if something comes up, the American public isn't going to believe you is because of the wave you've acted for ten years. You know what I'm saying, Like they're bemoaning their own self inflicted wounds, which I find amusing in its stupidity. But yeah, we shall see, and we'll see if the GOP at the state level probably needs some work, but definitely at the national level they continue to do the good things that you saw yesterday. It's a very difficult blockade, or as the Democrats and media would say, it's a very important fortification. Right, So we'll see. Manuel really appreciate the call this morning.
Speaker 2: Good stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, hold on, here's Janet to speak on behalf of women?
Speaker 2: All right, whatever, what's up?
Speaker 3: Skip?
Speaker 9: It was a white woman's style. That's what happens when you start thinking we.
Speaker 17: Do we're told?
Speaker 2: Well, you feel you were being lectured to?
Speaker 4: Janet?
Speaker 2: Is that what I is?
Speaker 16: That?
Speaker 2: What I'm understanding here? Is that what I'm picking up? It'll be Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: They was talking about how my man was telling me what to do. Hey, I don't need a man, be I don't let anybody tell me what to do he to vote for any of that.
Speaker 2: I've got my own. What if there's a spider.
Speaker 9: Though, well then Lord be with it, calls you and I what, oh no, all right.
Speaker 2: What if you need to lift something heavy? I got a covered okay. What if you need to get at Mason jar open get to the good stuff?
Speaker 9: I got that covered too.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, Well that's it. That's all the stuff we're good for. So I believe you. Yeah, yeah, I didn't need to know that.
Speaker 1: All right, good for you went to the when you the hardware store, was all right, yeah, no, it's uh.
Speaker 2: And again it's uh. And thanks for the call the janet who.
Speaker 1: That lecturing that Joy Reid take probably will irritate some women, and not because their husbands are forcing them how to vote. It's just the reality of when you do stuff like that. And then as you're pinning through there and these you had the token conservatives in some of these panels who were then trying to explain the maybe some of the reasons. And we're gonna, by the way, we're gonna get to the Trump victory.
Speaker 2: I do have it. Don't don't worry, it's coming up.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll snip into that, but you know, like the Jennings over on CNN or Hugh Hewett, we played that audio earlier. Let me play the Jennings audio. What I'm looking for when Jennings is talking here is light bulbs and on in any of.
Speaker 2: The other panelists.
Speaker 1: Are there they listening to what he's saying or are they waiting for him to be done saying it? And I'm sorry, Ross, you just dubbed this in against You got the freshest eyes on it.
Speaker 2: Do you think they were lists? Oh, Ross's screening the call.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you this, if you approach it like that and you look at it, nobody's listening to what he's saying. They're clearly waiting for him to be done saying it so they can say whatever they want to say, which is, you know, said some people who don't. I find myself doing that on the radio. But I'm working against the clock. This is their fellow panelists. And let me tell you he's he's he's speaking some truth here, or at the very least, he's speaking some pretty solid theories that you might want to consider if you work on CNN.
Speaker 26: Interpreting the results tonight as the revenge of just the regular ole, working class American, the anonymous American who has been crushed, insulted, condescended to. They're not garbage, They're not Nazis. They're just regular people who get up and go to work every day and are trying to make a better life for their kids. And they feel like they have been told to just shut up when they have complained about the things that are hurting them in their own lives. I also feel like this election, as we sit here and pour over this tonight, is something of an indictment of the political information complex. I mean, we've been sitting around here for the last couple of weeks and the story that was portrayed was not true.
Speaker 4: I mean, we were told Puerto.
Speaker 26: Rico was going to change the election, Liz Cheney, Nikki Haley, voters, women lying to their husbands. Before that, it was Tim Walls and the Camo Hats. Night after night after night. We were told all these things and gimmicks were going to somehow push Harris over the line, and we were just ignoring the fundamentals. Inflation, people feeling like that they were barely able to tread water at best. That was the fundamentals of the election. But I think for all of us who cover elections and talk about elections and do this on a day to day basis, we have to figure out how to understand, talk to and listen to the half of the country that rose up tonight and said we've had enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are these are Those are all very very good theories, and I happen to agree. I think most of those are probably true. And you don't have to be somebody who's just barely getting by.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie to you and say that you know, obviously, doing what I do, I've I've afforded myself to make a an increasingly better living, and I I you know, I don't have the expense of a full family. However, it hits me every time I went to Chili's the other day, the Chili's and I hadn't been there in a while, and you know, there's the little combo with the sausage and the maybe back. It's more I'm like, there's when did this cost that? And you just go online look at an image of the things and you see the old postings on there and it's up a few dollars, and you know, and is it gonna break me two or three bucks or two and a half bucks or whatever.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: No, but I'm cognizant of it.
Speaker 1: And then you compound it with everything else, and you have empathy for people around you too, if the thought never enters your head. Man, two and a half dollars here, two dollars there. I was talking to a guy who's in the grocery business yesterday. He's telling me his wholesale egg prices right now because it's molting and they've had it, so get ready for this. He just found out are going to be four ninety nine a dozen wholesale. And I think to myself, I remember me starting out in this business, starting out in life, especially when you get into younger voters.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of stuff that crushes you.
Speaker 1: Man, where you start making decisions, not like should I have another cocktail or another beer, you know, stuff you can live without, but like what should I have protein available for my family today or not? I can't The protein's expensive, and I can empathize with that. I can look at that and go, that's gonna be that impacts people. We've all been there, most of us. We've all been there at some point where we're having to make those decisions where you go, I'm sorry, I work full time. How am I making this decision? And not between prime rib and some nice veal cuts, but between well, maybe if I get a little bit of that Deli chicken, I chop it up so I can have a little up and some beans and rice.
Speaker 2: That I'm making.
Speaker 1: That sticks with people, and Jennings is correct, And not a single person visually looked like they were willing to comprehend the point that he was making.
Speaker 2: All right, Wayne, what's up?
Speaker 23: Hell?
Speaker 5: You wanted to make a comment. Hey can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you, sir? Go right ahead, Hey can Jemmy? Yes, I can hear you.
Speaker 18: Okay, I wanted to make a comment. I remember before Trump ran in his first term. I remember Hillary Clinton say that we needed somebody to run this country like a business, and she specifically named Donald Trump. But I guarantee you she never thought that she would be running against him in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, did you see the picture of her standing with Bill at his wedding to Milania like they're the bestest of friends.
Speaker 2: That's that's another crazy aspect to this.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yes, I have one question, because when you got to call her a few minutes ago, that said that the Blue machine is not done. And I remember how they they went after Trump for four straight actually more than four years, because they started attacking him before he ran, attack him for the four years he was president, and they've been attacking him for four years in the in the meantime.
Speaker 23: Up to this election. I can wait.
Speaker 18: I can't wait for Trump to say you com aali, You're fired. But I want to know if if the Liberal Party, if the Liberal machine keeps attacking him the way they did when he was in his first term, what power does Trump have to stop it. I know he can't just fire anybody in the in the you know, anybody really, but what is what hit?
Speaker 4: What can he sat?
Speaker 2: He can? Sure he can?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: Let me give you an answer to this, sir, and I think it's probably an answer. It's going to give you more hope. Sure he can.
Speaker 1: The vast majority of people that are in these high profile positions serve at the pleasure of the president, from the FBI director to the Joint chiefs, to the UH you know, to the heads of the various departments, even down to managerial level at places like the I R S, the FBI, CIA, all of these places. Now I don't know that you get to with the CIA, and you get in some of the three letters. But but he doesn't have to worry about re election.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: They can scream constitutional crisis all they want, But he's like, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Not reelect me?
Speaker 1: No, that's you're fired, and you're fired, and you're fired, and well.
Speaker 10: I want to.
Speaker 18: Fire like Chuck Schumer. Could he fire Chuck Schumor? Or could he?
Speaker 5: How?
Speaker 1: No, no, No, that's why we have coequal branches of government. But all the things I was just talking about the bureaucrats, which arguably are almost more injurious than Nancy Pelosi because people perceive a lot of bureaucrats is down the middle, when in reality that's not the case. I don't think anyone's making bones that Pelosi is a secret GOP plant, right, So so there's a lot of stuff that he can do, and thanks for the call there, Wayne, and he probably will do, except now when you're screaming cut constitutional crisis, because he wants to exit Comy, who clearly clearly even if he'd done if he'd done good work in the past or whatever, clearly had went in a different direction.
Speaker 2: Now he can do it. He can.
Speaker 1: He could go in the first day and fire the guy who's ahead of the FBI that he himself appointed. And it's perfectly They can follow lawsuits and cry and moan and bite their pillows and kick their feet, but it's not going to do any good. So that needs to be job number one.
Speaker 5: Go in.
Speaker 1: You got some problems. Some of the cancer is very easy to see, and start whacking. We'll be back, all right. So first off, Boston Paul, try to follow along. He's like, duh, you're talk Kobe's not the guy I was talking about when Trump fired Comy. I'm saying he could do it to Ray. Now that's the guy who appointed. So that's one number two. And one of our listeners sent this to me, what is the name? And then I just clicked off.
Speaker 2: And hang on just a sec. That's on me. I here we go.
Speaker 14: Ross.
Speaker 1: Did you see what was up with the most Hispanic county in the United States? Did you see what happened in that county?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Possibly, Star County, Texas has a ninety seven percent Hispanic population. Trump won it by sixteen points.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it shouldn't be surprising to anybody who actually gives it a thought instead of just putting people in categories by identity politics.
Speaker 1: Right, when do you think the last time is a Republican won that county?
Speaker 2: This is in Texas?
Speaker 4: This is in Texas nineteen seventy two, one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and thirty years ago. Oh my god, he flipped at sixteen. He didn't flip at sixteen, right, because they were getting there. They were getting smoked in that county. I'd have to go back and look at his with the twenty twenty nine as were you want to you wanna basically almost one hundred percent Hispanic county that hasn't been won by a Republican one hundred and thirty and you won it by sixteen points.
Speaker 2: Montana flipped, man.
Speaker 1: I got some granola crunchy granola kids I went to school with who ended up Montana and Missoula like working at you know, vape shops and stuff, and they can't fathom what's happening up in Montana.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're gonna paint with the broad brush like the Dems too, Right, Well, let's look at this target let's look at this demographic, right. They tend to be Catholic, they tend to be very religious. So maybe yeah, somebody says, you know, Jesus is lorded at a Kamala rally, and say you're at the wrong rally, or you skip the Al Smith dinner, Maybe that's gonna have a negative impact. But also yeah, because they're you know, they tend to be Catholic and very religious too. They're big into the family unit. The abortion thing and the trance stuff is not gonna help. And also three those that came here legally, what's happening at the border is incredibly insulting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, even and that's the crazy even if it's so, this is something that was explained to me by a person who is is Hispanic?
Speaker 4: Of where is he?
Speaker 1: I think he's from Dominican Republic half of it, and then the other half's Mexico. I just want you to know the background, because there there is already a Latin American pecking order and debate. And most of it's fun, but some of it's Some of it's really weird, and I'm not part of it, so I've observed it and I think it's interesting. But was sitting there, and I'm sitting there and I'm trying to understand how that works because there are people here legally who now have family members that used all of this migrant stuff to come here illegally. And it's like, is there is there even? Like how differently do you see it? And he goes there he I don't know if I can say the word. I think it might be a slightly vulgar word. He was telling me about a nickname that he had for his cousin, who was somebody who came as part of that because he couldn't get in here legally. Like so it's it's an observable, noble thing. And I understand everybody's different, and this is just a conversation that I'm having, but it makes sense to me because you're not breaking it. You're not just going, well, he's a fellow Hispanic, because sometimes we do that stuff where we go that's a fellow Democrat or fellow Republican. People are still able to independently evaluate this stuff. And when you add the totality of everything that Ross just mentioned, and you don't think it's going to be impactful, let me tell you how injurious this is the only way if the trends continue, that the GEO or that the Dems can fight this on a national level is their only remedy, as they were talking about yesterday, where they have to turn out near one hundred percent educated white women, and if you don't, you're cooked in a lot of these places. And then you have to wonder even if a bunch of the folks who did come in under this this basic open border stuff are a to stay and eventually find themselves in a position where they you know, they're convinced they're also now part of America and this is just how it's gonna be once they start buying into that ideal and integrating within existing uh Latino communities and not just Latino, but you know a lot of it. We tend to, especially if if it's an ESL situation, it's good to be around people that you can communicate with in multiple languages. It starts to rub off man the whole concept of hey, you know what this is better look at this. We're not in Venezuela anymore cooking garbage inside upside down metal trash lids because we don't have heating fuel, and you feel pretty good about that, and then you find you find yourself right there man going you know what, Yeah, maybe the family unit is important because it basically helped me to survive this journey.
Speaker 2: You know how I feel about this.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of the folks that came here we're duped, tricked, or at the very least we're desperate enough where they said, you know, screw it, this is what I'm going to do. And I understand that feeling. It doesn't make it right, but I understand that feeling and for all of those things faith, family and many of the things that they see under attack, but also eventually to they get to the point and you can say it's a quirk and a not a good thing of human nature, but it's a reality where there's where they say, well, well, now hold on, now you're impacting my ability to find work because once again we're flooding the zone, so to speak. It's it's a pretty vicious cycle and it's one that but the true test will be what happens when it's not Trump. That'll be the true test. What baby jd Vance does well, if he becomes the heir apparent, which he probably is, I don't know the answer to that. Let me grab a couple of calls here real quick, folks, been holding Donna? You're up first.
Speaker 20: Ahead, Good morning, Casey. I'm a little a little tired this morning.
Speaker 2: Cat torturing you and wouldn't let you sleep.
Speaker 20: Or no, she's sick by the way, that sucks. Yeah, yeah, she's sick from her shots. We had to take her back to the vet yesterday. So I don't know what's going on. That cost oh too much?
Speaker 2: You don't get a free replacement cat, right, No, No.
Speaker 20: There's plenty around here though if I want one, Yeah, up the street anyway. So, uh, talking about white women and women in general, which really insults me coming from the party who can't or won't even define what a woman is and every turn decides to usurp my identity as a woman with a man in the skirt. So you know, they want it both ways. It's like, Okay, they want to this a sort of women, but they want to replace us in sports and uh and make us go to the bathroom with men, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, Yeah, so you thought you'd you'd show them what a woman is and hord cats.
Speaker 21: Huh, I hord cats?
Speaker 5: And I vote for Trump?
Speaker 18: Yeah, people get all the way down the ballot.
Speaker 1: Baby, Well, like Partey Joy Reid, you're a you're a you're a box upon society.
Speaker 27: So well, well AOC yesterday too, she she tweeted out, we ran eighty thousand elections simulations and women are first off and well organized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she spent the rest of the day tweeting the same thing kind of over and over. It said, it's uh, it's seventy degrees in New York today in November, and then people were pointing out that there's like two hundred days where it's been over seventy in November in New York and you know, in modern record keeping and yeah, And I think she started leaning into that because she realized she don't want to talk about the other stuff.
Speaker 2: Don I got a roll, But thank you very much for the call today. Hey, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: All right, let's grab this one other call and then we'll get to the rest of the last hunter.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 21: Hey, good morning, Casey. How are you sir?
Speaker 2: I'm good, all right.
Speaker 21: I just want to let you know what was going on in Cumbling County since day one of early voting back on October seventeen. Our local GOP party leaders in this county, they really really led us down and failed at the job. We had hardly no volunteers at each site. And on the last day of voting, which was yesterday, of course, we had no poll watchers out of seventy seven site and the whole entire county on the inside. So who the hell knows what?
Speaker 2: Well you tell?
Speaker 1: Hold on, you're telling me that there wasn't a single official GOP poll watcher in all of the city of Fayetteville.
Speaker 2: You guessed it, right, Well, I didn't guess it.
Speaker 1: I'm repeating what you said because it sounded crazy to me. Yeah, that sounds like a problem, sir, Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 21: But anyway, here's some points to ponder. Back when we get a Republican governor here in North Carolina, lieutenant governor and governor always is a Democrat. And when we get a Democrat governor or Democrat president, rather we all the time get a Democrat governor and a Republican lieutenant governor. I wish Yeah, they don't good study that to me, that is flat out stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a North Carolina has a history and uh and it is I believe the most prolific history.
Speaker 2: And thanks for the call. Sure of.
Speaker 1: Tickets splitting, But yeah, I know to your point, it is strong. I don't know if it's all the time. I remember reading something on this, but it is most of it, especially within modern history.
Speaker 2: But I think you can look to the uniqueness.
Speaker 1: That's why when when Dan lost, I think, really I can't speak for him, but I think the opinion within the circles trying to analyze this internally was they did a proper job of scaring the crap out of so many people. And then to test it, we took phone calls from people only, people who voted for Cooper and for Trump, and it was almost spot on what they said. We had family members who worked in the medical field, whatever it was, and they said they just couldn't because they didn't feel Dan was strong enough. It turned out Dan was right. And then you know, with Robinson, obviously they had all the CNN stuff. So I think you got to look at it individually. But yes, or it is weird. All right, real quick, let's get Ray stagic, we'll talk to Jeff and we'll come back and finish our phone calls. All right, man, give me the reader's digest breakdown version.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Ben No, I fog a problem this morning, but it's tryad in and around that area triangle do it a little bit better. We'll go through the day and there could be some showers late today and into tonight, but the really the heaviest. It's going to be well south, could be mere record warmth and Raleigh the record eighty three going eighty two. Try it may not be quite that warm, maybe in the midnumber seventies. The triangle looks like a better chance to seeing a record. Might see some showers tonight and tomorrow. I think toward the end of the week we'll trend toward drier weather into the upcoming weekend with the next chance of showers Casey coming in. Looks like maybe by Sunday night and in a veteran's day.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you sir, having go on with chat tomorrow and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 28: Well, good morning, Casey. Wall Street's about to hold a party. This is going to be a good day for your four oh one k regardless of how you voted. Futures point to a Trump rally s and p futures up one hundred twenty three points. Nasdaq futures or up three hundred and fifty three. The Dow futures are up twelve hundred thirty three. Among the most active issues in pre market trading is Trump Media and Technology Group, up twenty eight percent. Tesla is up thirteen percent after owner Elon Musk went all in on his support Donald Trump, and Funwar is a Trump related mobile advertising company that stock is up twenty percent. In general, shares of fossil fuel energy companies, banks, pharmaceutical providers, prison managers, and smaller cap companies are all higher in pre market trading on expectations they will do well under a Trump administration. Did get a couple of release one report from mortgage bankers this morning. They report the average infestrate on a thirty year fixed rate mortgage rowse to six point eight one percent to last week. That's the highest since July. Number of mortgage applications fell nearly eleven percent, and Casey and Vidia rode the artificial intelligence wave to overtake Apple yesterday. And Vidia is currently the world's biggest company with a market cap of more than three point four trillion dollars, and video shares are up one percent pre market, So it looks a good day ahead on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: Case all right, well we'll talk to again tomorrow and see you then.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, sounds good. Have a good day.
Speaker 1: There you go, Jeff Bellinger Ross the whole time Jeff's talking, this is the thought. And let me share this with the audience. At some point today you may be in a conversation with somebody, somebody who is not pleased about.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 1: Say, you know, and and even if you just got to listen to it, but I want you to point out, as the stock ticker is available, readily available, if it's up, I want you to point out that, you know what you know, it's really crazy is how much money Trump's gonna.
Speaker 2: Make today with.
Speaker 1: All of the you know, the shares of stuff that he owns. Yeah, dude's gonna get paid today. And just drop that, don't you know, don't necessarily imply it, but that you're doing anything but observing the situation. And that's what that's like a little ear whorm man. It'll just stick and stick in their craw So we shall see. All right, let me grab a phone call here, hugs. Okay, all right, what's up, hugs.
Speaker 10: By, Sir, I just wanted to take moment take can complain about our state GOP and how poorly that was managed their cycle. And last I'm an independent and I had one person knock on my door and reach out to me for a local candidate. Plenty for Trump, plenty for Democrat candidates.
Speaker 2: What townty?
Speaker 1: What county do you live in, hugs I'm in Wake County, Wake County, Okay, I mean, because that's important. Uh, there's some really really really hard working and and and well structured county. I think the honestly, I think the counties, the individual county ones are are are even more videly important than the state ones. Sometimes a lot of the state stuff gets swooped in on the FED stuff. But yeah, yeah, that's uh. I got a thousand text messages, so I did get that.
Speaker 10: I'm glad doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the other thing, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 10: The other thing I was going to point out, and I spoke to Ross about this. I'm sure Mark Robinson is a great guy. I haven't personally met him, but in a Purple State light, I was pushing so aggressively the social conservative stuff they're going to turn a lot of independence off and even a lot of more moderate Republicans, and they really feel like if he moderated that a little bit instead of complaining about medical marijuana and regalized you know, sports gambling and stuff like that, he might have performed better even despite the see it had nonsense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: On the gambling. I'm not necessarily defending Mark on all this stuff. I think that I think there is some truth to that because but people will tell you, well, yeah, but then you're not motivating the really hard right people to go out. No, well you don't have to because Trump's going to do that, right, And so when they're there, When they're there, then they can go ahead and down ballot vote, even if they have to quote unquote hold their nose or however.
Speaker 2: They want to say it.
Speaker 1: But at the very least, the whether whether you believe it or not, you can evaluate that the way that they handled all of the CNN stuff was it was not handled well