Speaker 1: Weird things happened in.
Speaker 2: Weird, Weird Weird. All right, welcome to the King Arthur episode.
Speaker 3: Alright, alright, alright, yeah, let's where you going, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be a follow up to last week's episode that was that is Merlin, Right, what's coming out? Nice? It's pretty positive.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I don't know, it's been like since six.
Speaker 2: Weeks since we've actually gotten together. Yeah, but I wanted to take a different route this time, so I'm not gonna spend like, virtually any time at all going the route of the Merlin episode trying to debate was he real? Did King Arthur exist? I'm going to kind of breeze through the historicity of that, But I wanted to spend the majority of this time focusing on the myth and ritual symbolism of the allegory of the Arthur myn because there is so much information about the you could say, hermetic philosophy or al chemical symbolism or whatever existing in the story of Arthur. Because there's like no genuine evidence that he did exist as a real person. So I was like, why spend all this time trying to, you know, debate that or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I mean he's talked about in historical circles and shit, but it's another thing like Merlin, like we don't know for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, there was like way more evidence that Merlin may have actually existed more. Yes, really, yeah, there's there's a lot more. We'll just blow through the the historicity of Arthur, blow on through it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, you know know that was a word until we started doing the show, and it's like one of my favorite words. I think, historicity, historicity. Yeah, yeah, it's up tongue.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: The earliest reference to King Arthur is in Welsh poetry and chronicles from the sixth and seventh centuries. Like the Welsh poem e god Dolden mentions a warrior named Arthur Golden got it in, he got it in, he got it in. My man, Arthur people that sword out of stone, and then he got it in and then Ninias. In the ninth century, uh, the historian wrote History of Brittonum, which includes a list of twelve battles that a man named Arthur supposedly fought. Then you have Jeffrey of Monmouth, the really I guess he's like one of the really famous writers of King Arthur. He wrote all the Merlin Stones. Yeah, yeah, yeah, in the twelfth century Historia region Brittannier The History of Britain, which significantly expanded the Arthur myth but it's like considered more literary, like you know, like how he was about Merlin writing just this epic story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like in place of the lost mythology of Britannia.
Speaker 2: He wasn't like this is the true history, you know, he was he was just yeah, he was like canneling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a pseudo historian, right, like we talked about in the other episode.
Speaker 2: Right, there's not really any archaeological evidence. Although something really cool is there actually is a genuine sword in the stone. There is, yes, but it's in Tuscany, Italy, and it is a real historical account of a saint named Galgano who is officially sanctioned as a saint by the Catholic Church. And he was like a warrior who was just this vicious warrior who had so many, like obviously all victorious battles and was renowned as a warrior. And then eventually he became like a monk and he didn't like violence and war anymore, and he wanted to be like an ascetic kind of living as a hermit up in a monastery. So he like proclaimed before God that he would see his fighting in all this violence, and he shoved his sword into a stone, and it's regarded as an actual miracle. No way, yep, you can visit it in Tuscany, Italy. It's still there. Yeah what Yeah, it's actually there. It's like a real archaeological site.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at it now because I just got a new favorite saint.
Speaker 2: Can you show me?
Speaker 3: I just want to.
Speaker 2: I just want to see it. Is it on your phone?
Speaker 4: Hey, let me get a good picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I want to. I would love to see that.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 3: I have always wondered where that myth came from and if there was an actual sword in the stone. Yeah, I mean I knew about the one in Disney World.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, have you ever tried to pull it?
Speaker 3: I think when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: No way, that is so crazy. Yeah, it's actually in the stone. Yo. And he's like a legit Catholic saint, Like this is not some like legend like, no, he was a real guy. Dude.
Speaker 4: I tried to pull the one at Disney. You did yeah, yeah, I didn't get it.
Speaker 2: You know, there's somebody watching at all times, like randomly.
Speaker 4: And they flipped the switch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he didn't like me. I didn't like me either. Man.
Speaker 3: I think it's usually like for kids, like little kids and stuff, which is cool.
Speaker 2: That's sweet. No, no, no, how cool would I be if I got that thing?
Speaker 3: You'd finally be cool.
Speaker 2: Finally. I've actually never seen it like come out.
Speaker 4: Does it?
Speaker 2: Does it come all the way out or how does that? I don't think so. I think it just comes out.
Speaker 4: Like a little more than it already is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be really cool, you know. Weird synchronicity. Actually, I didn't even make this connection till just now, but I've spent like all day and last night researching King Arthur, and right before you guys came here, I was like just scrolling through my social media and I randomly saw this podcast. It was called like Billion Dollar Brand or something. I don't follow this podcast. They just popped up like algorithm, and I didn't even think about it in the moment, but it is a little weird. And the guy was talking about how Disney is like they're becoming so big now that they're fading away from the magic that they used to have. And he was like, for example, dude, many years ago, it was this really cool thing where you know, they sit around and they watch all these little kids trying to pull the sword from the stone, and then they let some kid at random pull it and it's exciting and everybody around is, you know, so freaked out or whatever. And now it's like, you know, follow this rule to enjoy this experience. And I don't know if you heard this lately, but they had that like Star Wars hotel. You know, it was like, oh yeah, they came out in a Star Wars hotel and it was like a disaster of epic proportions. What happened?
Speaker 3: What do you mean I heard about the hotel?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, it's it's just like, you know, people pay like five thousand dollars and for two nights or something like that. And there's this this person I'm not gonna go like into extreme detail about this, but there's this person on YouTube who did like a four hour vlog video showing like every single thing about this experience that just absolutely sucked. And the whole reason I bring it up is like it's really weird that I randomly saw this video about the Sword and the Star while I'm like spending all day. I didn't even think about it in the moment.
Speaker 4: What was one of the things that sucked?
Speaker 2: Just like like absolute zero level of immersion, Like just not what it was advertised to be. The experience was just really like shallow and very corporate.
Speaker 4: I mean, will be honest, I don't really feel like I'm part of the Incredibles when I go to the what's it called, I don't know, the Incredible one.
Speaker 3: What they have an Incredibles hotel?
Speaker 4: Yeah they do, Yeah, the the one that the monail goes through.
Speaker 2: You mean, I don't know, dude, I just don't it's on the it's the I'll find out.
Speaker 3: Hang, I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to say. Yeah, but cool, cool. Alex so a little bit about Saint Gulgano. Though he was an Italian, saying from Tuscany, he was obviously like a violent night and became a hermit, and and he was born in choose contemporary. Sorry, that has nothing to do with the Incredibles, bro. So, I'm just saying all of the rooms are incredible themes. All that really yes, at least the one I.
Speaker 3: Was okay, And because that one was incredible.
Speaker 2: All the incredible contemporary is so much more than your little Incredibles room. Bro, that's crazy, man. So yeah, I mean that's that's where the sword and the Stone comes from. I just I thought that was really cool. That's epic. He died in eleven eighty one, and then his sanctity as a saint was recognized in eleven eighty five, so.
Speaker 3: Four years after his death, and that's like hundreds of years after these myths of King Arthur started emerging. So then they must have changed over time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. The if I'm reading this correctly, the twelfth century writer, Yes, in the twelfth century, that would be in the eleven hundreds, when Jeffrey of Monmouth started writing. I want to look up when he actually wrote that Historia Region Britannier.
Speaker 3: I could have sworn when we did the Merlin episode. It's funny because the people watching are like, you just did that last week, but it's actually been a long.
Speaker 2: Time, five or six weeks.
Speaker 3: I could have sworn that he wrote that in like five or six, like the fifth or sixth century or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those earlier writings about he wrote different texts, and those were about Merlin and then about Arthur. A lot of the text that we discussed in the Merlin episode were written even in like the four hundreds. Remember about Murden, the shitty one, Yes, the shitty one Celtic druid. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Didn't his name like actually translate to like the shitty yeah Murden.
Speaker 2: So they changed it to Merlin, remember, because that's what it sounded like. Yeah, So let's see Galgano died in eleven. I just had it up, but I had to scroll back eleven eighty five. Historia was actually so it was actually written fifty years before he the Sword in the Stone. Oh, King Arthur's Story Wow, by Jeffrey Monmouth. So that's really cool. I didn't really think too deeply about that earlier. So yeah, so this episode is going to be in three phases. I'm going to try to break it up and keep it really concise between the different phases. The first phase, I want to talk about a little bit of my experience in Europe and why I was so like heated to do King Arthur when I got back. And then the second phase is going to be a little bit about this that movie I was telling you about, Yes, and then the third phase is going to be about the alchemical symbolism. So when I was in Germany, like two weeks ago at this point, I guess we had our trip to the Netherlands planned. And when we got to the Netherlands, there was like two things we had booked on a three day trip, and it was the Vango Museum, which was really cool, and the I think it's called the Reich's Museum. It might I think it's the Reichs Yeah, and it's like the main art museum of Amsterdam. And we get there the first day in the Netherlands and we're eating this amazing Dutch food and like, we're so tired, we've been traveling all day and we were so hungry, and we're sitting there eating this Dutch food, having this experience and we're like, Wow, this is so awesome. And we were just like what should we do because we didn't want to like overbook our trip. We just wanted to kind of figure out things to do. And I was like, you know, there's this place that's been recommended to me by people in our discord and I've seen videos on TikTok about it called the Embassy of the Free Mind, and it's like this hermetic museum. I started looking it up and I was like, oh my god, dude, it's down the road from our airbnb. Oh, no, way, we got to go. Yeah, I was on the same street. You know, it's a series of canals in Amsterdam, so it's kind of like, oh, it's kind of like a circle in the streets blossom out in a circle and they just go around the central point or whatever. So these streets are like really long semi circles around the canal. And we were here and then the museum was up on that same street, so I was like, dude, we got to go. So I was telling my wife like, I want to book this. We can do whatever you want. I want to do this. And I started of reading into it a little bit and found out that the Netherlands, particularly Amsterdam, is actually the hermetic capital of the world. Right. I was like, what, I didn't know that either. Amsterdam is Yeah, it's the hermetic capital of the world. Why, I mean, does it does it tell you? Yeah, there's a reason because in the Medieval Ages and the Renaissance era, when the Rosicrucians were starting to spread. You obviously had like templars during the Crusades, and you had all these different traditions Kabbala, and then Masonry was beginning to form, and obviously you had the alchemical Renaissance, and just all of this knowledge was beginning to like explode in the undercurrent of philosophical thought in Europe. The Church was like, oh shit, and they like had this brutal oppression towards it and just slaughtering people, slaughtering anybody that opposed you know, the official doctrine of the Church and the Netherlands. It's funny because when you think about Amsterdam, you think about like, yeah, dude, you can go there to get like mushrooms, go to the red light district and get weed, and it's like this very free yeah, but like it's so much deeper than that. It actually, for hundreds of years has been like the probably most like free thought centric capital of Europe in those daily so yeah, So like in the Medieval Ages and in the Renaissance era when all this stuff was happening, these philosophers would escape to the Netherlands and they would take their scrolls in their texts and they would go and they would seek refuge in the Netherlands. No way, yep. And I think it was the seventeenth century. I don't know. I have to look it up because I wasn't prepared to talk about this, this Hermetic philosopher, but there was like a really famous Hermetic philosopher from Amsterdam name I think Barok de Spinoza's like a really famous Hermetic philosopher in history. And he started, like you know, accumulating all these texts and all this knowledge, and then over time there just became this large volume of texts building in the Netherlands.
Speaker 3: Y and.
Speaker 2: Next thing you know, they're just like getting it together. In the Embassy of the Free Mind was formed and there's like thirty thousand texts. There's thirty thousand books at this institute. It's the largest ramatic library in the world.
Speaker 3: That's so incredible. Have you gotten to the part in I'm certain you have in one piece where it talks about like where Robin came from it. Yeah, that sounds exactly like that, Like all of these mystics like sought refuge in this one place and they all had this like place where they gathered all their findings and their scrolls, and they're like and and kind of hid it there, like hid it from the world because they were being persecuted for that knowledge.
Speaker 2: Berokspinosa, not Deepinosa's Brook Spinosa. And then there was another alchemist that lived that that like hoarded a lot of these texts and started the embassy because it's only been a museum I think for like the last seven years or something, and before that it was it was just a private library that was being built over time. And they're like, well, hey, you know, you know, but in this to the public, and you know, like that's that reason. Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I mean I've I did a quick little search on the history of the institute the other day, and you know, it's just crazy, Like I had no clue that this was the Hermitic capital of the world. And they have like thirty thousand books there, and they have like a whole museum exhibit where you can like go into different rooms and read like so many different pamphlets and and uh diagrams and and literal real like ancient artifacts that were magical relics and like books attributed to hermist Tree's majistus and like one thing that got my attention was there was this massive golden vase that had I can't remember if it was twelve plates, and there were two halves of this thing, and it was like the top half was depicting all around different images on each side of it wasn't like a pure circular base. It had like faces like a like a hexagon or something, you know what I mean, And like on the top half was the story of Jesus the Gospel, and then on the bottom half was mirroring the story, but it was showing like the esoteric version of the Gospel with the Holy Grail. Oh yeah, And there was like little monuments to the Grail myth and the legends of King Arthur and stuff. And I was like, dude, this is so deep. And we've got the Merlin episode come out right when I get back from Europe, and I was like, I already had mentioned on the episode we'll, you know, we'll do a King Arthur follow up, so it's like this is too timely. So yeah. So like it was just really mind blowing. Like I spent an hour there. I only had an hour and a half because by the time I got there, they closed it an hour and a half and I spent an hour there just reading all the pamphlets and some of their little booklets and stuff. And Jenny was like, dude, they closed in thirty minutes, like you need to get up and actually walk around, and I'm like, oh shit, So I get up. I start running around speed reading all the rest of the stuff and on. In In the back courtyard, they had like a massive wall with the emerald tablets of Doth inscribed on it, and they had this like staircase leading down to the courtyard with like the seven stages of the alchemical process, which is weird. There's like four steps of the alchemical process and then there's the seven stages and they're separate things, but they both have significance or whatever. I don't know, but in this episode we're going to focus on the four steps of the alchemical process. So long story short, I'm gonna move on from the Amsterdam thing.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to take pictures in there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did you take pictures? Yeah? Yeah, I've got tons of them. That sounds awesome. And I took pictures of a lot of the artifacts in there. Some of these were like many many centuries old books, like written in like I don't know, like Greek, some of them maybe Latin. Just like they had a private room where you had to schedule like a private access tour in advance to go into a locked room with museum curators to see like really really rare artifacts. Obviously I didn't get to see them because I didn't know that was an option. Sure, you know, but they have some sweet stuff. So in addition to the thirty thousand books that they have, they have two thousand books that are sitting upstairs in a library for public access.
Speaker 3: Like you can just grab them and go and read them and yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you like them, you can buy them. Wow. Yeah, it's really cool, dude. It's like there can't be many places like that in the world, right, So when I was being there, I was like, this is so cool. And when you read their presentation of this information, it just like made me really you know, because first of all, I'm in Europe, right, I'm not in America, which is like completely different philosophically than the rest of the world. I mean, Europe is, I mean, it is very simple minded philosophically compared to you know, places in Asia or places in Europe where these alchemical movements actually happened. Yeah, you know what I mean. So, like the wealth of information you can find there is so much deeper than you know a lot of the stuff that you could find in museums in America. So yeah, well those places are also infinitely older, exactly.
Speaker 3: America is a few hundred years old. These places are thousands of years old exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the thing that was clicking in my brain was like, dude, I am in a place where this alchemical hermetic thought actually was historically happening, like it.
Speaker 3: Kind of low key originated, not literally, but like that's where people went when they knew about this stuff and they were seeking refuge and like like you know, conferring with one another like about this stuff.
Speaker 2: That's so sick. Yeah, it was just cool. It was kind of like mind altering being there and like reading about this stuff and yeah, and I was I was honestly really shocked at like the number of people that were coming into the institute and just like spending time there and just reading through stuff, and it was so like commonly accepted. Oh yeah, yeah, it's a hermetic place. Yeah, it's you ask somebody in America. What do you know about hermeticism? They're like, what's that? Yeah, nobody you know what I mean. It's the vibe that the attitude about it was so common there that I was like, this is really cool. So anyway, so after leaving the Institute and going back to Germany for several days and then we flew home to America. In that phase where I like left the Netherlands and went back to Germany, there was quite a few periods of time where obviously, when I'm traveling in Europe, I'm on airplane mode. I can't use my signal, so I'm like, well, I mean, let me look at my candle and see if I have any books downloaded. Oh sweet, I have the Secret Teaching of All Ages downloaded. So I just started power reading it. I'm not even close to finishing it, but I started just having my mind blown constantly over and over and over by the Sea Teaching of All Ages. So I was just like, man, I really should like pull all of the Arthurian symbolism from the Secret Teaching of All Ages for the episode. So that's where we're going to go in phase one. So I'm gonna start We're going to talk about the Manly P. Hall interpretation of the Arthurian myth. So Manly P. Hall. I have a I'm not sure where that book is because all my books are still packed up for moving, but I have the book. It used to sit right beside me in our old studio. Yeah. Yeah, but it's a really good book. It's it's way. I started reading it I don't know, like seven years ago, and I don't think I was mature enough to really like commit to it. When I say mature, I mean like mature enough in all of this stuff. I was still getting my feet wet in a lot of this esoteric conversation, and I don't think that I was really ready to like commit to reading the book. But now I'm reading it, and I'm like, holy shit, this is probably the deepest thing I've ever read. And it just, like Shotgun blasts pretty much every esoteric tradition and goes really deep into what they're about, what the symbols mean, and really demystifies them. And it makes this grand connection between like all of the ancient wisdom traditions. Oh cool, which is like what we've been trying to do on the show. So I'm like dude, this is the book for me, the Venn diagram. Yeah, and it's it's really deep, dude. So I'm going to get into that. I'm going to get into the secret teaching all the ages of interpretation. So we're going to start with the Roundtable of King Arthur from Manly p Hall and then this is in his what he does a lot is he references a lot of older texts. And by the way, this was written in the nineteen twenties, So if that wasn't mind blowing enough that this material has been around the whole time, even though a lot of us are just now hearing about it. Pretty crazy, Yeah. From Jennings the Rosicrucians, their rights and mysteries. According to tradition, Arthur, when a boy of fifteen, was crowned King of Britain in a d. Five hundred and sixteen. Soon after his ascension to the throne, he found it the order of the Knights of the Roundtable at Windsor. Thereafter, the knights met annually at Carleon or Carlin, I don't know how to say, at Winchester or at Camelot to celebrate Pentecost from all parts of Europe came the brave and the bold, seeking admission into his noble Order of British Knighthood. Nobility, virtue, and valor were its requirements. In those possessing these qualities to a marked degree were welcome to King Arthur's court. Having gathered the bravest and noblest knights of Europe about him, King Arthur chose twenty four, who excelled all the others in daring and integrity, informed of them his circle of the Roundtable. According to his legend, each of these knights were so great in dignity and power that none could occupy a more exalted seat than another. So when they gathered at the table to celebrate the anniversary of their foundation, it was necessary to use a round table that all might occupy chairs of equal importance. While it's probable that the Order of the Round Table had its distinctive rituals and symbols, the knowledge of them has not survived the ages. Elias Ashmole and his volume on the Order of the Garter inserted a double page plate showing the insignia of all the orders of knighthood, the block set aside for the symbol of the roundtable being left blank. The Chief reason for the loss of symbolism of the Roundtable was the untimely death of King Arthur upon the field of Camberlin in five hundred and forty two, a d in the forty first year of his life. While he destroyed his bitter enemy Mordred. In this famous battle, it cost him not only his own life, but the lives of nearly all the Knights of the Roundtable who died defending their commander. So dark, grizzly end, right, damn King Arthur, He's slaughtered in battle. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also imagine being like a fifteen sixteen year old kid and all of these like seasoned veteran knights, like noble knights are seeking you and seeking to be at your table, and like that's that's wild and forty one forty one right, which, honestly for the time is like that's pretty old.
Speaker 2: Pretty much a full life. Yeah, that's pretty much like a full life. I mean, you've survived the plague man, Yeah, yeah, wow, might have about half teeth left.
Speaker 3: But you know, I was talking to my coworker the other day and I was like, dude, why do I hurt so much all of a sudden, And he was like, you just turned thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're thirty. He was like, you just turned thirty and.
Speaker 3: I was like so and he was like, honestly, I don't think humans were meant to live past thirty. And I was like, what, that's so grim, dude.
Speaker 2: The change is real, bro. Yeah, for me, it was psychological.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably partially psychosomatic. But I do feel like, like, uh, it's it's very likely that I will most likely have or already do have rheumatoid arthritis. But like when I turned thirty, I started like feeling like I have the same feelings of it.
Speaker 2: I feel like the way that works is like, dude, you've already been feeling that since your late twenties. Probably it's true, but now that you're thirty, you're like, oh crap, you see it through that length. Yeah, it's psychological for sure.
Speaker 3: I definitely have felt the symptoms for years, But now that I'm thirty, I'm like, oh, oh my god, I'm older, falling apart?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 4: Man, that's tough.
Speaker 2: Shut up. What are you like? Twenty two?
Speaker 3: Don't gas like him?
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 4: You're twenty six in twenty seven days, Yeah, you'll.
Speaker 2: Be twenty six this month. Well, I actually thought I was twenty five and I'm not guestling. Did I lose track?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Man, I should know that we're five years apart in age, Yeah, I should know that.
Speaker 3: We should also know it because we're his friend.
Speaker 4: But wait, we are his friend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're your friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we are.
Speaker 3: We together share the burden of being your friend because the bond. Yeah, but I mean more so the burden. It's a lot to carry for one person.
Speaker 2: It's a stressful bond.
Speaker 4: So we're stressed bonded but I'm distressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, exactly. We're the age and we're the two.
Speaker 3: Oh you're the age and where the two I've not even got asked.
Speaker 2: I get it. Yeah, I get that part because we are bonded with.
Speaker 3: We are bonded with you.
Speaker 2: I don't know what your relationship is like on the other side of it, but it's nothing but gas bro. Yeah. So we left with a with a dark ending of King Arthur. But we're gonna come to a happy ending with that, you know, because and and that's the thing I know, I just like rapidly ships. I started back into the Arthur's story. But we've got some more to cover here. So virtually every version of King Arthur does end with him pretty much dying, some some dark ending. Many of them end with his wife Guinevere being in like a love triangle with Lancelot and they betray him. And Mordred by the way, and every version of King Arthur is either his son or his nephew, so he has this like blood feud with his rival Mordred, who he kills in battle but then receives a mortal wounded dies Mordruid. So it is always like this grim end of King Arthur. But you know, maybe it's not as bad as we thought. So now we're going to get into the Arthurian cycle and the legend of the Holy Grail. We're going to spend a little bit more time on the Grail, which pretty deep. The origin of the Grail myth, as of nearly every other element in the Great Drama, is curiously elusive. Sufficient foundation for it may be found in the folk lore of the British Isles, which contains many accounts of magic cauldrons, kettles, cups, and drinking horns. The earliest Grail legends described the cup as a veritable horn of plenty its contents were inexhaustible, and those who served it never hungered or thirsted. One account states that no matter how desperately ill a person might be, he could not die within the eight days of beholding the cup. Some authorities believe the Holy Grail to be the perpetuation of the Holy cup used in the rights of Adonis and Attis. A communion cupp or chalice was used in several of the ancient mysteries, and the god Bacchus is frequently symbolized in the form of a vase, cup or earned and nature worship, the ever flowing grail signifies the bounty of the harvest by which the life of manas sustained. Like Mercury's bottomless picture, it is the inexhaustible fountain of a natural resource. From the evidence at hand, it would indeed be erroneous to ascribe a purely Christian Oregon origin or an Oregon to the grail symbolism, and the Arthurian cycle appears a strange and mysterious figure, Merlin the Magician, and one of the legends concerning him. It is declared that when Jesus was sent to liberate the world from the bondage of evil, the adversary determined to send an antichrist to undo his labors. The devil, therefore, in the form of a horrible dragon, overshadowed a young woman who had taken refuge in sanctuary to escape the evil which had destroyed her family. When Merlin, her child, was born, he partook of the characteristics of his human mother and demon father. Merlin, however, did not serve the powers of darkness, but, being converted to the true light, retained only two of the supernatural powers inherited from his father, prophecy and miracle working. The story of Merlin's infernal Father must really be considered. Now. I'm just going to take quick pause and say, this is where Manley P. Hall is genius, because for every one of these mystery traditions, he tells you, like, here's the legend, Here's what it really means.
Speaker 3: You know, like the interpretation, the symbolism. Yeah, the esoteric truth was significant.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. The story of Merlin's infernal father must really be considered as an allegorical allusion to the fact that he was a philosophical son of the serpent or dragon, a title applied to all initiates of the mysteries, who thus acknowledged Nature as their mortal mother and Wisdom in the form of the serpent or dragon as their immortal father. Confusion of the dragon and spent Remember you said it in the other episode that Merlin was a title given to initiates will mainly be all agrees. Oh wow, let me pick back up where I was. Confusion of the dragon and serpent with the powers of evil has resulted as an inevitable consequence for misinterpretation of the early chapters of Genesis. Arthur, while an infant, was given into the keeping of Merlin the Mage, and in his youth instructed by him in the Secret Doctrine, and probably initiated into the deep his secrets of natural magic. With Merlin's assistance, Arthur became the leading general of Britain, a degree of dignity which has been confused with king shit, which that's true. The historicity of Arthur. They believe that if the if he existed, he was probably actually a general like a warrigoin, not like a king. King. Yes, and I'm gonna get into this later, but Arthur may have also been a title and not like an actual birth name. No way, yep.
Speaker 3: So these theosophists are they're they're onto something.
Speaker 2: After Arthur had drawn the sort of brand stock from the anvil and thus established his divine right to leadership, Merlin further assisted him to secure from the Lady of the Lake the sacred sword Excalibur. And that's true of the myth too. It's as he actually doesn't. In some versions, he doesn't pull EXCaliber. He just pulls the s brand stock and then Merlin's like, all right, let's go, let's go get this caliber. Yeah, you know. But in some versions he just pulls EXCaliber. After the establishment of the Roundtable, having fulfilled his duty, Maryland disappears, according to one account, banishing in the thin air, where he still exists as a shadow, communicating at will with mortals. That's just like the Merlin shope, I know, dude, According to another, retiring of his own accord into a great stone vault, from which he sealed within which we also talked about that too. Yeah. It is reasonably certain that many legends regarding Charlemagne were later associated with Arthur, who was most famous for establishing the Order of the Roundtable at Winchester. Reliable information is not to be had concerning the ceremonies and initiatory rituals of the round table, and one story of the table was endowed with the powers of expansion and contracted to contraction, so that fifteen or fifteen hundred could be seated around it according to whatever need might arise. The most common accounts fixed the number of knights who could be seated at one time at the roundtable at either twelve or twenty four. Here we go the twelve apostles or excuse me, the twelve signified the zodiac and also the apostles of Jesus. The knight's names and also their heraldic arms were emblazoned upon their chairs. When twenty four are shown seated at the table, each of the twelve signs of the zodiac is divided into two parts, a light in a dark half to signify the nocturnal and diurnal phases of each sign Yang exactly, and the sun and the moon the light in the dark. As each sign of the zodiac is ascending for two hours of every day, so the twenty four nights represent the hours the twenty four elders before the throne in revelation, and the twenty four Persian deities who represent the spirits of the divisions of the day. In the center of the table was the symbolic rose of the passion of our Lord Jesus Christ, the symbol of resurrection, and that he rose from the dead. Oh damn, they're doing wordplay. There was also a mysterious empty seat called the siege Perilous, in which none might sit except he was, except he who was successful in his quest for the Holy Grail. And the personality of Arthur is to be found. Now, this is where I really want people to pay attention. I love looking up and seeing us in thirty three minutes too. You know, it might not be to them, but it is to y because we cut a little bit before we actually start recording. I love that, Okay. In the personality of Arthur, this is the most important part of all of it. And the rest of the conversation is gonna kind of piggyback on this, okay. So in the personality of Arthur is to be found a new form of the ever recurrent cosmic myth. The Prince of Britain is the Sun, his knights are the Zodiac, and his flashing sword may be the Sun's ray. With which he fights and vanquishes the dragons of darkness, or it may represent the Earth's axis. Arthur's roundtable is the universe, the siege, perilous, the throne of the perfect man. In its terrestrial sense, Arthur was the grand master of a secret Christian masonic brotherhood of philosophic mystics who turned themselves knights. Arthur received the exalted position of Grand Master of these knights because he had faithfully accomplished the withdrawal of the sword or the spirit from the anvil of the base metals his lower nature. As invariably happens, the historical Arthur soon was confused with the allegories and myths of his order. Until now the tour inseparable. So he dies in the field of Camberlin, the mystery cease, and esoterically he's taken away on a black barge, as is so beautifully described by Tennyson in his mort d Arthur. The great sword Excalibur was also cast back into the waters of eternity, all of which is a vivid portrayal of the descent of cosmic night at the end of the day of universal manifestation. The body of the historical Arthur probably interred at Glastonbury Abbey, a building closely identified with the mystic rights of both the Grail and the Arthurian Cycle. The medieval Rosicrucians were undoubtedly in possession of the true secret of the Arthurian Cycle and the Grail legend, much of their symbolism having been incorporated into that order which is true, is true. When I studied briefly with Robert Gilbert, doctor Robert Gilbert and amazing, and people should look him up. He's like lowing up on the internet now he's really Oh yeah, dude, he's he's making the rounds.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: He's getting the recognition that he deserves. And when I when I first was introduced to doctor Robert Gilbert, and he like gave me some of his courses and and let me go through his material. He he has entire courses on like uh Rosicrucian Rosicrucianism and UH Grail traditions. There's a connection between the Grail myth.
Speaker 3: And oh dude, yeah, they had a rose in the middle of the table right like yeah, wow, dude, that's so incredible. That's like very archetypal, like like an alchemical like the symbolism of the round table and the knights and Arthur.
Speaker 2: The next section we're going to talk about the rose a little bit too. But yeah, so the medieval Rosicrucians were undoubtedly in possession of the true secret of the Arthurian cycle and the Grail legend, much of their symbolism having been incorporated into that order. Though the most obvious of all keys to the Christos mystery, the Grail legend has received the least consideration. So we're, yeah, we're getting to the end of phase one here and then we we'll like, uh, we'll kind of process some of this stuff, but I'm just going to blow through and finish this part. So the crucified rose the original, and again this is still all from secret teaching, these different segments of the secret Teaching of all ages. The original symbol of the Rosicrucian fraternity was a hieroglyphic rose crucified upon a cross. The cross was often raised upon a three step cavalry. Occasionally, the symbol of a cross rising from a rose was used in connection with their activities. The Rosicrucian raw rose was drawn upon the roundtable of King Arthur and is the central motif for the links forming the chain from which the Great George is suspended among the jewels of the Order of the Garter. Hargrave Jennings suspects this order of having some connection with the Rosicrucians. The Holy Grail. This is the last part of this phase of the episode. This part's pretty deep. The Holy Grail, like the sapphire, This is a Greek word, I believe. I don't know how to pronounce it, but shathilla, I think it's a Greek word. The Lapis Exalis, crown jewel of the archangel Lucifer, fell from heaven. Michael, the Archangel of the Sun and the hidden God of Israel, at the head of the angelic host, swooped down upon Lucifer and his legions of rebellious spirits. During the conflict. Michael, with his flaming sword, struck the flashing Lapiece Exalis from the coronet of his adversary, and the green stone fell through all the celestial rings into the dark immeasurable abyss. I want to pause there, Centomani Stone, the wishing stone, remember that, Yeah, the green stone that falls and you know it's the wishing stone. Eastern philosophy. Oh my god, how about this moldivite, the crystal that's a multi billion year old meteorite that's found in places and I believe Asia and Europe that people think might be this stone. It's green. That's so wild too, because Lapis is usually blue. This is this is not Lapis lazuli. This is a different stone, the Lapis excellis. Many people in modern times believe that this actual stone may have been the moldivite meteorite.
Speaker 4: Oh no way.
Speaker 2: And if you look in the moltivite folks at home. Uh, it is one of the most powerful crystals. Is regarded as like a very very powerful Christal.
Speaker 3: See everybody like I see it everywhere. I've seen it on some huge they talked about it. They talked about it on Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: And it's super expensive. Yeah, and a lot of crystal shops won't even let you bring it inside. Why because they're like, I don't want to fuck them with our energy. I've had that happen. I bought it. I'm serious. Somebody told you that. Somebody told me that. I was like, hey, I bought a piece of moltifie at a different store and This was a gym shop downtown that does like wrappings, and I was like, if I brought it in, would you guys like wire wrap it for me so I could make a necklace. And they're like, sorry, you can't bring that in here. We don't want it messing with our I'm serious, dude, what. Yeah, there was like a serious belief around mouldabite. Yeah, so I just thought that was interesting. You know, I have actually read before. I might have talked about it on the episode one time a long time ago, but there is a belief that moldivite may have been the crystal that was on the Holy Grill. And then in the Saintient myth, you see this stone that was on the Archangelucifer, and you know he's cast out and the stone falls to the earth and then it's put in the grail. I just I love the connection there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would explain some of the suspicion and the significance why this stone is like supposedly so powerful.
Speaker 2: And then I think it's In Tibetan Buddhism they have the Gentamani Stone, which is a similar myth, and it's like this green gem that is like the wishing stone like it's it's like the Philosopher's stone, you know. Yeah, So, picking up where I left off, out of Lucifer's radiant gym was fashioned the Sangreal or the Holy Grail, from which Christ is said to have drunk at the Last Supper. Though some controversy exists as to whether the grail was a cup or a platter, it is generally depicted in art as a chalice of considerable size and unusual beauty. According to the legend, Joseph of Arimathea brought the Grail or Arimathea whatever brought the grail cup to the place of the crucifixion, and in it caught the blood pouring from the wounds of the dying Nazarene. Later, Joseph, who had become custodian of the sacred relics, the Sangreal and the Spirit of Loungeness, which I guess is the spirit of destinated stabbed Jesus, carried them into a distant country. According to one version, his descendants finally placed these relics in Glastonbury Abbey in England. According to another, in a wonderful castle a Mount Salvet Spain built by angels in a single night under the name of Preston John Parsifald, the last of the Grail Kings, carried the Holy Cup with him into India, and it disappeared forever from the Western world. Subsequent search for the Sangreal was the motif for much of the knight errantry of the Arthurian legends and the ceremonials of the Round Table see the Morte de artur. No adequate interpretation that has ever been given to the Grail mysteries, or has ever been given to the Grail mysteries. Some believe the Knights of the Holy Grail, who have been a powerful organization of Christian mystics perpetuating the ancient wisdom under the rituals and sacraments of the Oracular Cup. The quest for the Holy Grail is the eternal search for truth, and Albert G. Mackie sees it in a variation of the Masonic legend of the Lost Word, so long sought by the brethren of the Craft. There's also evidence to support the claim that the story of the Grail is an elaboration of an early pagan nature myth which has been preserved by reason of the subtle manner in which was engrafted upon the cult of Christianity, which for anybody who was offended by that, and in ancient times Christianity was literally the cult it was, yeah, because they practiced in underground sepolchers and temples and they had to like hide from you know, the Romans at the time. So like it, it actually was a cult. This is not this is not trying to like smear, it's not.
Speaker 3: Saying modern Christianity as a cult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's saying that. Literally, at one point it was a cult, right. I just wanted to clarify that for people who might not like out of necessity, right, so that they wouldn't survive killed. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: From this particular viewpoint, the Holy Grail is undoubtedly a type of the arc or vest in which the life of the world and is preserved and therefore is significant of the body of the great Mother Nature. It's green color relates it to Venus and to the mystery of generation, also to the Islamic faith, whose sacred color is green and whose sabbath is Friday, the day of Venus and witchcraft they call it the witch's Sabbath or the day of Friga.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Uh. The Holy Grail is a symbol of both. I was I was thinking should I make I was thinking, should I make a joke about like I better not?
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I looked at Alex and he was lean back. You should show yourself right now, it'd be really funny. He was lean back like that, and he just just nodding at me and smiling. When you said, he don't.
Speaker 2: He don't even want to be here. He don't give a frigga. I was debating it.
Speaker 3: You don't give not one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally, bro. The Holy Grail is a symbol both of the lower or irrational world and of the bodily nature of man, because both are receptacles for the living essences of the superior worlds. Such is the mystery of the redeeming Blood, which, descending into the condition of death, overcomes the last enemy by insoling all substance with its own immortality. To the Christian, whose mystic faith especially emphasizes the love element, the Holy Grail typifies the heart in which continually swirls the living water of eternal life. Moreover, to the Christian, the search for the Holy Grail is the search for the real self. When found is the consummation of the magnum opus, or in alchemy, this is known as the great work, that the turning of the lead into gold, which we're going to go way more into that later. The Holy Cup can.
Speaker 4: Beis you get to sit at that chair where that nobody gets to sit in right?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Yes. In his mystic poem oh Oh I skipped One, the Holy Cup can be discovered only by those who have raised themselves above the limitations of sensuous existence, ascending from our our animalistic nature, conquering our our material self, and rising into spiritual self. Remember, just like you just said, the ones who sit at this chair are the ones who found the Holy Grail. Well, it's a metaphor. Finding the Holy Grail is about performing the alchemical great work. In his mystic poem The Vision of Sir Lonfall, James Russell Lowell disclosed discloses the true nature of the Holy Grail by showing that it is visible only to a certain state of spiritual consciousness. Only upon returning from the vain pursuit of haughty ambition did the aged and broken Night see in the transformed Leper's cup, the glowing chalice of his lifelong dream Some writers trace a similarity between the grail legend and the stories of the martyred sun gods, whose blood, descending from heaven into the earth, was caught in the cup of matter and liberated therefrom by the initiatory rites. It's called the cup of Matter. M. A. T. T. E. Er Well, the point here is that he's making a connection that between in all and there's way more context of this book, and this is one little segment, and the point that he's making in this entire book that there is one secret primordial tradition between all of these ancient wisdom traditions, and it's that we have descended here into matter as parts of the you know, the the true spiritual reality, and that our whole game here is to go through the initiations which served to wake us up to our true nature. So he's saying that that's what he's saying, the cup of the worldly, cup of matter. You know that the grail is symbolic of us being in matter, and that we are liberated from matter by the initiatory rights going through the awakening process. The Holy Grail may also be the seed pods so frequently employed in the ancient mysteries as an emblem of German nation and resurrection. And if the cup like shape of the grail be derived from the flower, it signifies the regeneration and spiritualization of the generative forces of men. So that's that's all the Manley P. Hall stuff. But would you guys think about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't expect anything less from Manley P.
Speaker 2: Hall.
Speaker 3: I mean that, like it's always about the pursuit of finding the overlap and the truth in the overlap, and like it's yet another allegory of ascension of enlightenment, the path of enlightenment. Like whoever sits at that chair is someone who reached enlightenment through the alchemical process of like transfiguring the matter into spirit, the lead into gold. It's beautiful, It's deep, dude, absolutely.
Speaker 2: I didn't, like I knew that. Here's the thing, for many years, I've known that the Arthurian legend was like esoteric or whatever, but I never really figured that I would like get to decipher that, Yeah, like dissect it. Because here's the thing, dude, Like when you're dabbling into this world of like esochit traditions and you know, alchemy and all this stuff, it's it's really hard at first when you're new to be like, is this an accurate source? Sure? You know what I mean, Yeah, it's what I'm reading. Even true is as accurate, And you know, it's really cool to read this stuff from the lens of somebody who, by the way, I mean, Manly P. Hall was brilliant, dude. We've talked about him before. He's he like was so spot on with his knowledge that the Freemasons in America. I don't know what loge it was. Maybe it was Blue logic. If I'm not mistaken, I really don't know. I'm not a Mason. I don't intimately know what chapters are here and there, but they they initiated him as an honorary thirty third degree if you remember, because he was so spot on with his material.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was obviously very well researched and cross referenced all of his sources, and like, like you cross reference his sources, they're all legitimate. That's really like the first step of figuring out the sources that you can trust is you look into they are cited sources, and you know, double check the stuff that they're claiming and if it's legit then you know you can trust this person.
Speaker 2: And Manly p. Hall is very much somebody who.
Speaker 3: Cites the sources, only references legitimate sources, like it's it's real stuff. It's still mind blowing that someone could even like conceive of these archetypal energies and like the poetry of it all, like the symbolism of it all, because it is like poetry, absolutely, yeah. I mean, look at what's his name, the Geoffrey of Monmouth. He's literally writing poetry, like actual poetry, but telling a myth, and in reality, the myth that he's telling is an allegory. It's like, it's hard for me to even conceive of doing something like that. Now, this is Star Wars.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's why we talk about movies all the time, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because people still are doing it now, there are this is something that's always been around. We're talking about the four fifth century, like, yeah, what to even conceive of this stuff? And you know, they didn't have the same resources that we have so readily available today. Right, they're figuring this stuff out the old fashioned way for themselves and decoding the poetry and symbolism of it all. It's mind blowing.
Speaker 2: I can't stop thinking about how many thousands of hours these people back then in these time spent in libraries. That's what humulated, you know, it's crazy, dude. Manley P. Hall published this book in the nineteen twenties. He was like twenty one. No way, yeah, way, Oh my god, on god, I'm gonna look it up right now. I had fully assumed like this this man, like an old man.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, like at very least in his sixties, devoted his life to learning all of this stuff.
Speaker 2: But this is obviously somebody who like got.
Speaker 3: The bug for it really early and just devoted all of their time.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, dude, I just googled the book. It's on CIA GOV. It's so good. No way, yeah he was a Oh he was Canadian. I didn't know that, Alex. Can you look up what age was when he I don't want to spend too much time on it, but I'm pretty sure he was like twenty one, and I'm pretty sure it came out in nineteen twenty two. That's just based on.
Speaker 3: When he wrote The Secret Right Secret Teaching of All Ages. Yea with secret.
Speaker 2: Teachings anyway, So yeah, it's just mind blowing man and I'm really like, especially after going to the Institute, because the Embassy of the FreeMind, I mean, yeah, and again this is not like you know my experience at the been Row Institute. This is not like that at all. The Embassy of the Free Mind is a public library with with like museum elements. I'm not like in touch with these people.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just went there and I nerd it out and read all the connections, and it really inspired me. I don't want people to think that you know something that it's not. But they had so much material available and the connections that had between like Hermetic philosophy and Hermeistru's Majistice and Rosicrucianism and like giving like very detailed historical descriptions of these orders, and like I don't remember seeing much on Freemasonry, but I I don't remember coming across that much. They talked a little bit about like the Illuminati and the historical version of that, and it was really cool reading this stuff and then reading The Secret Teaching of All Ages. There's such an overlap between the material and his book and the material I was reading there. So he was born in nineteen oh one and my god. He's twenty one.
Speaker 4: The book came out in nineteen twenty eight, so he was twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's still crazy. That's younger than us.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I couldn't imagine doing something like that right now, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd basically have to start writing that book now to get it out.
Speaker 2: Let alone have all of the cross referenced knowledge.
Speaker 4: That is, well, if I combine you two, I have one friend and I think.
Speaker 2: That might help me, which is true, And don't you ever forget it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: It is a big boo book. Man. The addition I have is like seven hundred plus pages and it just keeps hitting. The introduction of the book before chapter one is like thousand year history of every philosopher system. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: It takes mewenty The initiates of the Flame, I want to read that one that was published in nineteen twenty two, so he was twenty one for that, but he published two books that year in nineteen twenty two, and then he's writing them both at the same time. Then nineteen twenty eight, nineteen thirty one, nineteen forty four, nineteen forty two, and that's it.
Speaker 2: He had a very mysterious death. If you guys recall, I know, I wasn't there and several of his Yeah, I mean, you know, but.
Speaker 3: I googled it, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there either, but apparently, like several he was murdered and dude, it was the day after my birthday. Well when he was murdered August twenty ninth, Yeah, nineteen ninety, so like a day and eight years before I was born. Whoa dude, the way he died in nineteen ninety Yeah, wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: He's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: He's like intense looking, dude, let me see, he's got like bro he's like the hpeople of the occult.
Speaker 2: When your name is Manly, I would assume you have beautiful eyes. Yeah wow, I mean this is like a drawing. They just put emphasis on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so yeah, I just I thought all that stuff at Manly p Hall was super cool about King Arthur. Now I'm gonna move to the movie. This won't take nearly as long, and then we're gonna wrap it up with the like actual kind of like detailed alchemical process of the Arthur myth, which is really cool. So I saw the movie. I started it last night or like sometime yesterday, and then I had a bunch of other stuff I had to get around to and I couldn't finish it till today. It was really cool. It's the movie is I think it's called King Arthur The Legend of the Sword. It's the one that came out in twenty seventeen. And I remember when that movie came out. I was really interested watching it, but for whatever reason, I just I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess I moved to Wilmington at the time with Jenny and it was just like me and her, and I was like, I don't feel like spending the money to go to the theater and watch it. And the critics said it was terrible. It got like super bomb reviews, which I could see why because it does have like some somewhat cheesy parts. But I just tend to look past that, like if the if the like the heroic journey of a movie is cool and the action is cool and it's got some heart to it, I'm like, it's okay to be cheesy a little bit. Yeah, I agree, And it was honestly very occult. Really, yes, it was very very occult, and right from the jump it was just you know, showing the symbolism. I was like, okay, I'm in for it, and I started taking notes. So the basic premise of the movie was obviously just like in pretty much every single King Arthur myth, pretty much like all of them agree that he had a secret birth. Just like remember in the Merlin story when he goes in he appears as I can't remember her name, Bridget of Cornwall or something like that. It's it's different in every myth. Who he's like, born to Yea or Uther Pendragon is the dad, right, but the mother is like, who it's this guy's wife. It's this guy. I can't remember the name. I think it's Bridget of Cornwall. But anyway, so they all agree that he had this secret birth and then he's like tucked away, you know, while he's uh, until he grows up to be about like fifteen or whatever. What what'd you find?
Speaker 4: I'm on manly p hall dot info reading about the death his death by written by his wife who believes he actually died on August twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: Your birthday? Are you the reincarnation? Dude?
Speaker 4: I'm going to keep reading.
Speaker 2: Oh, that that was the keep reporting man. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Sorry for the premature pop off.
Speaker 2: No, it's good. That's that's really it's a very strange synchronicity. But yeah, So the movie starts, it's like Uther Pendragon he already has Excalibur and that's his father, right, and he goes to fight war with I think in the movie it was Mordred, if I'm not wrong. It wasn't one hundred percent accurate to the like the actual characters and like the literal story of King Arthur, but like all the elements of it, we were there and his father Uther, he's like wielding EXCaliber. It's badass, dude. It's like very anime like he when he when they willed Excalibur. They have these like incredible like powers and like this magical strength and like nobody can stand against him and super sick and they're being sieged at Camelot by Like I think it was Mordred, if I'm not mistaken. This one of the mages of the Order who turned evil, and he's like attacking them and then Pendragon whips out the sword, gets up in his base or whatever, lops his that off, and he brings it back to Camelot, and he's like everybody in Camelot king is almighty, but in this story it's his brother. It's Uther Pendragon's brother, Vordigern, who is I guess he's like a prince or whatever because he's the king's brother. Yeah, he's like jealous of his power. He's kind of acting weird. He starts crying when he sees that his brother killed again. I'm pretty sure it was Mordride. I didn't pay super attention to that. It was like two minutes of the movie this character, wasn't it. And you know, and Vordigern is like obviously scheming, right, and then it kind of reveals a little bit dialogue that he was sent by his brother Uther to study with the mages, so you're like, oh oh. And then Vordigern, the brother, is acting really weird when they're all having the like the chat after defeating this this evil mage and like ending this war that literally the movie starts with and he's, you know, Uther's like hey to Vortigern's wife. He's like, take you know, keep an eye on Vortigern today. He's acting weird, and he away, and then you see Vorderger and go into this castle and he's like crying or whatever. He's ringing this bell and then next thing you know, he just straight up sacrifices his wife throws her in the water. Dude, he just he just he just rips a dagger. Dude, Bro, he straight up got it in. Yeah, he just straight up just shanked her. Bro whoa And he throws her in the water and you're like, what the hell? And then you see something mysterious like coming at him through the water and you're like, what is it? Is it a serpent? I don't know what it is? And then the camera like flashes away, and then like Uther goes to his wife. Arthur's a little kid, he's a lot. He's like probably like five years old. And Uther wakes up Arthur's mother in the middle of the night. He's like, we got to get the hell out of here. Something's happening. You need to run, and he whips out EXCaliber. He goes and he's like fighting off the legions of like bad soldiers whatever, and then basically, uh, he fights this like giant demonic figure that's like it kind of looked like the dude from Mortal Kombat. With the skull mask what's his name? Shall Khan kind of look like him but like full black plate armor and like the kind of like the ram horns and a skull mask. And he's like fucking like that a demon. Yeah, And he's like ten feet tall and he's got this like double bladed scythe is that what was in the water?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: And he just like Uther is taking his wife and Arthur to this ramp to like get them out of there on a boat, and that the demonic figures like across the lake and he just like magically throws the spear like way beyond human strength, kills the mom. Arthur sees it all, so you have this theme of him witnessing the trauma of his parents' death. That's a major part of the movie. And he sees his mother killed and then Uther's like, oh shit, Arthur run and he starts fighting the demon and he's wielding EXCaliber. His eyes are glowing, the sword is glowing like all the powers or whatever. But it's not enough and he gets his ass whip by the demon. So Uther takes the sword and he throws it up in the air and then it spends and it stabs him in the back and then it turns into the sword and the stone and Arthur the floats away on a boat. And thus we have Arthur growing up in secret, right, like every version of the myth, He's growing up at a brothel. He's kind of like training kung fu with the Chinese guy George. He's like actually, like they make jokes about it, like you know, he trains all the British soldiers in kung fu. And not soldiers, not soldiers, the rebels. He's like teaching them kung Fu. So Arthur's like training kung Fu his whole life, which was like really cool. And he grows up and I'm just like skipping a lot of the fluff and keeping it about the Arthur myth, right, So then he grows up and you find out that every the sword reveals itself and obviously you as the viewer, know that Vordigren he becomes king, he betrayed his brother, he had the demonic figure like do all that when he sacrificed his wife, he Vortigern like became the stone. No Uther did?
Speaker 3: Oh the sword stabbed Uther and he became the stone.
Speaker 2: Vortigern was the demon Oh damn yeah, when he sacrificed his wife, damn to this demonic force. He was given this incredible power to like overcomic scalibers, and he became king. And then it's like a long period of darkness where he's like ruling with a fucking iron fist like Zauron, and it's like everybody's all the soldiers and these black plates, and you know, the sword reveals itself. So about a quarter of the movie, you see Vordigren go down to that place where he sacrifices his wife, and these sirens come out of the water, these ugly, disgusting sirens, and he's talking to him, and I'm gonna read the quote. He says, why has the water dropped? Why does the sword reveal itself now? And the sirens said, as your power increases, so too do the forces that will oppose you. Balance is a law that cannot be transgressed. Transgressed, the born king will come. It is inevitable. So moving forward a little bit, you find out they're testing everybody alive basically in England to like come and like it's like like thousands of people in all they'll go to cities and they'll take them in boats to the sword and like make them up. Next next, everybody try to pull it because he knows that he knows it's Arthur. He's his uncle, right, he's trying to find him. Yeah, And next next, so a sequence of events happen. I'm skipping over really a lot, right, and Arthur shows up whips that bitch out and they're like, oh shit, it's the born King, right, and he starts becoming a myth. He wields Excalibur, there's like a storm or some shit happens supernaturally, and everybody around is like, it's the born King. So there starts to be this force growing where his legend is spreading throughout the land. And finally Vortigern and again this is not even probably halfway through the movie. Vordigran captures Arthur right then, because he passes out when he first wilds EXCaliber. He starts seeing visions of witnessing his mother and father gets slaughtered. Granted, this is going somewhere. This is going somewhere al chemical. And then I'm gonna spring fourth into the alchemical if you guys just stay with me a little longer. So he every time he tries to wield a galliber. Initially he sees visions of his mother and father being slaughtered by this demon, right, and then he passes out from the trauma. He can't activate the power. His mind is in chaos. He's traumatized, it's blocked, right, and Vordigern ties him up, calls the whole freaking country. There's tens of thousands of people out in the crowd below the castle, and he's like going to execute him. And basically a sequence of events happened where like the rebels, who we at the time didn't know about yet, some of the older people from like Uther's rule, I guess escaped Vortigern and like started a rebellion loyal to Uther in the Pendragon line. And this mage, it's like a Merlin's not really in the movie. You see him one time, you hear about him the whole movie, but he's not the main mage. It's actually a girl and I can't remember her name, it's not important, but she was badass, and she had orders for Merlin basically to like kind of help him out. She pulled off some magical stuff and like helps Arthur escape. But right before that, Vordegren says this he says to Arthur, is he's about to cut his head off. He says, I will let them hate me as long as they fear me. When people fear you, and I mean really fear you, it is the most intoxicating sensation a man can possess. A force of something almost indescribable, moves through your blood and takes over you completely. Which I was like, damn, Hollywood, there, possession type Yeah, possession, human sacrifice. There's there's multiple parts of like human sacrifice in this movie. And you know, they were really kind of revealing some stuff. I mean, that is how the Dark Force works. It's all fear. It's all trying to rule through fear. And I thought that was really interesting how he was like, it's so intoxicating and it moves through your blood and it just you become consumed with the feeling.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it sounds like possession the way described.
Speaker 2: And he basically was possessed, I mean he yeah, yeah. But and then he escapes because like I said, the Mage helped him, takes him to the rebels, and I'm gonna move a little quicker now, So she takes him to the rebels, and he like kind of like, you know, fuck you guys, I'm not a rebel. I don't want anything to do with this. I want to go back to my old life. And they're like, nah, you know, you you kind of you're the born king.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: And he again wields Excalibur, and then he passes out. Every time he wields it, he just literally passes out. He can't do anything. So the mage is like, all right, we gotta take him to the dark Lands and his his the leader of the rebels is like, no, we can't take him to the dark Lands. There has to be another way, and she's like, this is the only way. He won't survive. Yeah, basically, he's he can't do it alone. And she's like, there's no other way. Oh shit, we gotta take him to darklands. So she goes to take him to the dark Lands and kids. So in the movie, she takes him to a ritual stone site that looks like a Druid circle that it looks like Stonehengeay, it's very druidic this movie. In the magees and how they work and it's you know, like the Wargs and Game of Thrones. Yeah, how they like possess the animals and there's a lot of that in the movie. Cool, the Good Majes do that, and then the dark ones, you know, they work with demons and stuff. She takes him to the dark Lands and he gets to this like ritual kind of stone hingesk Druid Circle, and she's like, all right, when you go in there, you know, you got to touch your sword to the altar at the tower. So this kind of like portal opens up and he's like whisked into this dark dimension where there's like giant monstrous creatures like snakes and rats and bats. It's not like monsters, it's like animals but massive, yeah, like skull Island or something. And they're trying to kill him and it's like hellish and he's like barely surviving. He's like limping at the end, and he's like cutting up all these giant snakes and rats and just like literally just trying to survive. He gets to the temple, he puts his sword on the altar and he's because he can hold Excalibur with one hand and he can like carry it around, but when he would try to like wield it, then you know, the power would start to grow and he pass out, right, so he has the with them the whole time. He puts it on the stone and he starts to see more of the memories of his mother and father, and it's too traumatic, and he starts like, he sees his mother get killed. Then he sees more of the version of what happened when his father dies. He sees the sword toss and then you know, become the stone, which originally he didn't have access to. All of these memories. He starts unfolding to him and then he looks away and he takes the sword from the altar. He doesn't complete vision, and then they pull him out of the dark Lands and lo and behold, he was just sitting there right there at the same spot. And I, you know, tend to think subconscious, damn.
Speaker 3: So they really did just take him into his own subconscious Yes, the dark lands. Yeah, he's like fighting his dark side, his darkness.
Speaker 2: And his trauma. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And she actually says, she tells him the sword is not resisting you. You are resistant the sword. And then I wrote this down as I was watching the movie. His traumas holding him back from fulfilling his destiny. They sent him too the dark Lands which is an alternate dimension with giant creatures attacking him. They explained that they Okay, so when he's in the dark Lands, the leader of the rebels and the Mage are talking and he's like, he's got to make it out alive, and the Mage is like, no, we don't want all of him to make it out alive. We want his old self to completely die. We want him to be broken down so that he will come from the dark Lands born again, anew right, born again. Basically, she didn't say born again yet.
Speaker 3: To the underworld and re emerging born again.
Speaker 2: She said, we want his old self to be completely broken down. You want him to think big, give him something big to think about. So I interpreted that, just like you did this the Dark Knight of the Soul, he went into the shadow of the subconscious. Yeah, you could say, you know people do that on psychedelics. Maybe in ancient times they were using psychedelics, or maybe they were using meditation and these rituals to get you into these places of the mind to do this shadow.
Speaker 3: We knew they were doing mushrooms. We know they was a mushrooms.
Speaker 4: So Ryan, how about how old is he at this point?
Speaker 2: It doesn't really say, But he's like a grown man. He's like probably in his mid twenties.
Speaker 4: Okay, because I've been like seeing a lot about like because just listening to you say that makes me think of someone said that the boy has to die for the man to live or the man to be born. Yeah, and that's kind of it sounds similar to me, right, It's the early twenties, would be about that time.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like a coming of age slash like coming into your manhood sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So obviously I'm gonna skip pretty much the rest of the movie that's not relevant to the Arthur myth because a lot of like character dynamic and all that fun stuff in the movie takes place. You know, this character dies and you're all sad. A lot of that normal stuff obviously, but he pretty much he witnesses some of his friends die when they try to assassinate Vordigan with a bow at this like this city where he wasn't like fasing him head on. They were trying to assassinate him and be like tactical about it, and it went south. Some of their friends died or whatever. And then he starts to see his friends died. He had the visions of his parents died, the little orphaned boy whose father who was his best friend. You know, now he's an orphan, and he starts to have all these thoughts and he's like, I don't want to do this. So he goes and he throws his sword into the water to try to abandon it, and he tries to run away through the forest and then there's like this giant pile of mud and an arm reaches out and the Lady of the Lake pulls him through the puddle of mud takes him down into the water, which again is the water of his subconscious. The Lady of Lake returns Excalibur to him and says, let me show you what happens if you do not stop your uncle Vordigrean. You are the only one who can stop him. You are the born king. And then she shows a vision of like hell on earth. Because I forgot to say this, this is very important. All Vordergren was trying to do is build a tower, which dinginging tower a babbel. Yeah, yeah, he's building it, and every time he adds a level, his magical power increases, and he's like trying, he's trying to build it all the way to the top, and Arthur's like, I don't I don't really want to. I don't want to be that guy, you know. And she's like, here's what's gonna happen if he completes the tower, and it's literally like hell on Earth, like cities and everywhere is raised and on fire and people are suffering and infamine and all this, and she says, you know, you got to trust the Maide. She's helping you. She's helping you, you know, achieve your destiny. Take the sword Excalibur, and you know, go and become the born king or whatever. So then he comes from the water wielding the sword. He holds it up to the sky. It's like storming, which is obviously symbolic, you know, you have thunder thunder going on, and he's you know, he's claiming Excalibur that he's going to wield it, which we'll talk about that in the alchemical process too. But then he goes. He's he gets back to the rebels after abandoning them. They're like, where the hell you been, and he's like, you know, don't worry about it, and they're like, well, what are we gonna do. He's like, we're gonna walk right in the fucking front door and we're gonna take his ass out. And then and he's like, let's go, and he shows up and basically he for the first time he will well, actually there was one time before he wielded excalaberan accident and then controlled him. It was super cool. But then he like he goes and wields it for real and he obviously has like this crazy supernuch power, defeats like a legion of soldiers fights. Vordigern gets his ass whip the first time, like like just totally just like Molly whopped Arthur. He you know, he falls down, he's about to kill his ass and then Arthur starts seeing the full memory what really happened. But it was weird because when you know, originally when the sword spends and then it lands in the stone, and this version of the memory, Arthur caught the sword before it goes into his father, so he kind of like was changing the past a little bit in his mind. He was like overriding the trauma and he catches the sword and then his father looks at him and he's like, basically like, you know, this is your sword. You're the born king. He takes it and then he wields it, whips Vortigern's ass, and he says, you created me, and for that, I bless you. You make sense of the devil instead of cursing him. He took the path of light. He defeated him, not that he wanted to out of revenge and spite, but he did it because he had to to be the righteous leader and protect the people, you know, the christ like king.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And then when he kills him, he actually grabs his hands and he's like, uncle, I bless you, even though he's like sitting there dying, and he's like, you know, blah blah blah blah. Talking to him, he's like, you ask me what gave me the drive to do this? You did, and for that, I thank you. I bless you. You have made since the devil. And I took that as an interpretation of like the demonic forces or the dark forces in our life, or the devil or whatever you could think about that allegory however you want to believe that exists for a purpose to help you awaken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what he meant by makes sense of the devil. It gives it context. And meaning and like it made sense to him, Like that's.
Speaker 2: Dove as hell, right, It's super cool, dude. It has like again, it's nowhere near the quality of Lord of the Rings, like at all. Like if Lord of the Rings is a ten, it's like a five in terms of like you know, the cinematography and all that, you know, good high craft stuff. But it's pretty sick, dude. It has like a Lord of the Rings vibe, if that makes sense, like the high fantasy of it. Yeah, but it is nowhere near like, don't go expecting that level of quality.
Speaker 3: But it's cool, dude. Yeah, it's super cool.
Speaker 2: Like the action's cool. There's a there's a weird thing about the movie that I probably think is why they rated it so bad. And the pacing of the movie is like downright comical. And this is something about movies that I do not like, and this movie is full of them. And it's like montages to rush the lapse of time. So it's like, you know, if you can look past it, it's a great movie. Yeah, cool, it's it's super cool. It's it was like the epitome of the hero's journey, you know, supernatural power, all that stuff and I feel like we're missing that a lot nowadays and movies. But anyway, before I get into the final part here, I wanted to talk about the battle of evermore synchronicity from led Zeppelin. The lyrics the Queen of Light took her, But I'm not gonna read all the lyrics, just the ones I highlighted that are relevant to this. The Queen of Light took her a bow, and then she turned to go. The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom and walked the night alone. Dance in the dark of night, the trauma, the night gretto, the first stage of the alchemical process, being in the darkness and the confusion. I can't see all my memories, I can't access Excalibur and my supernatural power because I'm broken and feel like shit, you know, dancing in the dark of night. But we're looking to the morning light right the second phase. I think it's called albedo, the whitening, the purification, the awakening into the power. I'm waiting for the angels of Avalon, waiting for the eastern glow, the sun, the light of the sun, the spiritual force. The magic runes are written gold to bring the balance back, bring it back at last, the sun is shining. The clouds of blue roll by with flames from the Dragon of darkness. The sunlight blinds his eyes. Which I thought that was cool about the balance thing, because in the movie it said the law of balance is a force that cannot be transgressed. As you grow in power, so too will be the force that opposes you. The born king will come right. And then I wanted to remind people of the manly Pea Hall quote when it says, with the flames from the Dragon of darkness, the sunlight blinds his eyes, and the personality of Arthur is to be found a new form of the ever recurring cosmic myth. The Prince of Britain is the Sun. His knights are the Zodiac and his flashing sword. Maybe the Sun's ray with which he fights and vanquishes the dragons of darkness, or it may represent the Earth's axis. Yadda, YadA, YadA. I read the quote earlier, crazy that led Zeppelin was on that Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah they got all that symbolism and on the mountain covers they knew what was up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So now we're gonna get into the last face. The alchemical stages of the Arthur myth. So basically, from the esoteric perspective, you could look at King Arthur as the four steps of the alchemical process. Step one uh nigrito the blackening. So the blackening stage is the first phase and it represents a period of decay, dissolution, purification, setting the groundwork for transformation to occur. It involves the breakdown of the alchemist's material and spiritual essence in the physical realm. This means the decomposition and putrefaction of substances. Spiritually, it denotes the death of the old self, confronting one's darkest aspects in inner turmoil. The only way he's got to go to the darklands. Yeah, or just like Luke Skywalker bro when he's training with Yoda, he has to go into this dark little small arth Vader, you know, it's it's in every great hero's journey myth. Oh yeah, absolutely. The symbolism of blackness represents the unconscious, the darkness, and the chaos. And traditionally, when people go through initiation ceremonies in these secret mystery traditions, they tend to start wearing black in some orders and then once initiated.
Speaker 4: We're White.
Speaker 3: A symbol of the purification process exactly.
Speaker 2: It is associated with the initial state of confusion and disorientation, akin to the dark night of the soul, where the individual must confront and integrate their shadow. It's linked to psychological disintegration. It signifies the breaking down of the ego and false identities, leading to a deeper understanding of one's true self. Spiritually, it marks the beginning of the purification process, where old beliefs in negative patterns are dismantled. Alchemically, the process might involve the fermentation or rotting of materials to produce a black substance. These physical processes serve as metaphors for the inner transformation occurring within the alchemist. It can be likened to the concept of death, where the individual undergoes a symbolic death, presenting the end of old ways of being and thinking. This parallels the alchemist's goal of achieving a new state of existence through the destruction of the old self. The completion of Nigrito leaves the alchemist in a state of raw potential. The chaos and disintegration of the stage are necessary for the subsequent phases of the great work. Or the magnum opus of alchemy, preparing the alchemist for renewal and enlightenment. I will say that everybody in my life that I've ever met just having this crazy journey of you know, being a UFO experiencer and kind of like having had contact with so many people reaching out to us about this. Everybody I've ever met in my life. It's like, dude, i feel like I'm going through an awakening process. I'm waking up everybody I've ever met, by the hundreds, if not thousands, I swear, bro They tend to always go into some initial period of suffering when they realized what they thought they knew is not what they knew. Yeah, oh yeah, and that makes sense according to the phases of alchemical.
Speaker 3: It's also exactly what happened in the Arthur myth. They literally said that part of him has to die in order for him to awaken like his true self.
Speaker 2: This is why in these ancient mystery traditions, they would perform these ceremonial ritual initiations where they would imitate dying and being reborn. You know, That's why they have the myth of Osiris laying in the coffin or the story of Jesus dying and resurrecting. You know, in the Arthurian context of Nigrito his early life, and I'm not talking about the movie. I'm talking about the Arthur myth. His early life is shrouded in mystery and secrecy. Born out of wedlock to Uther, Pendragon and Egrain, he is hidden away by Merlin to protect him from those who might harm him. This period represents the chaos and uncertainty of Nigrito, where his true potential as a future king is obscured. The Kingdom of Britain is in turmoil, lacking a strong leader. Uther's death plunges the land into disorder, with various factions vying for his power. The societal chaos mirrors the cycle and spiritual disintegration of Nigrido, where old structures must break down to make way for renewal. His hidden potential Arthurs is like the raw material in alchemy that must undergo transformation. His upbringing away from the court under Merlin's guidance in secret is the preparatory stage where his latent qualities are nurtured in secret. The second phase albedo, referred to as the whitening stage, is a critical phase in the journey of the awakening of the soul towards spiritual and material transformation. The transition from nigrido to albedo symbolizes moving from chaos and confusion to a state of clarity and enlightenment, Purification and cleansing. Albedo involves these steps to cleanse the alchemist's material and spiritual essence and the physical Realmness means the separation of pure substances from impurities. Spiritually, it denotes the cleansing of the soul, removing the metaphorical darkness and shadows the clouds one true one's true nature. Whiteness in the albedo phase represents purity, light, and truth. It is associated with the illumination of the mind and spirit, akin to the dawn breaking through the night, bringing new understanding and awareness. Albido is often linked to a rebirth or awakening, and psychological terms, it signifies the integration of the conscious and unconscious mind, leading to a greater self awareness and insights. Spiritually, it marks the attainment of a higher state of being where the individual is more in tune with their true self and the divine. Alchemically, it involves the washing of a substance or rid it of impurities, or the heating of materials to produce a white ash. These physical processes serve as metaphors for the inner transformation occurring within the alchemist. It can be likened to the concept of baptism, where the individual undergoes a ritual washing in water, symbolizing the removal of sin and the rebirth into a life of spiritual purity. This parallels the alchemist's goal of achieving a state of spiritual and moral clarity. The completion of albido brings a sense of inner peace and balance, the chaos and turmoil of nigritae, or left behind, and the alchemist experiences new harmony and equilibrium. This stage prepares the individual for the subsequent phases of the great work, the magnum Opus, leading ultimately to the Philosopher's Stone and the attainment of enlightenment and immortality, and the Arthurian context, and I'm halfway done here, and then we're done, halfway done with these phases, you know, and the Arthurian context. Arthur pulling excalibur from the stone or receiving it from the Lady of the Lake symbolizes his rightful claim to the throne and the purification of his lineage. I did forget to say this detail, but in the movie it was really cool how they made EXCaliber because it was Uther was the king and he, like Merlin, was kind of like his friend and counselor he was like one of the heads of the order. He goes to this evil dark mage, steals his staff, forges it as x EXCaliber, and I think he throws it to the Lady of the Lake, who then gives it to Uther. And or maybe it was the other way around. Maybe he gives it to the Lady the Lake, then she gives it back to Merlin. Either way, and in the movie, Merlin binds the sword Excalibur to the Pendragon blood line, which I thought was really cool. That's why Arthur could wield it even though it was his father's before him, you know, So Arthur pulling Excalibur from the stone in the real myth or receiving it from the Lady of the Lake, it's different in every version. Symbolizes his rightful claim to the throne, his divine right to have this supernatural power, and the purification of his lineage. This act is albedo where his potential is actualized. He has awakened, and he steps into his role as the destined born king. Establishing Camelot represents the creation of a new enlightened order, a harmonious, utopian order. Camelot is a symbol of purity, justice, and rivalry, embodying the principles of Albedo. The Roundtable, with its emphasis on equality, where everyone is equally at the table and noble deeds, reflects the purification and the enlightenment associated with this stage. The formation of the Knights of the Roundtable, dedicated to the upholding of chivalric idea deals, further exemplifies the purification and spiritual enlightenment of the stage. These nights are not just warriors, but also paragons of virtue, embodying the illuminated mind and spirit citrinitas. The third phase, the yellowing. It represents the spiritual awakening and the manifestation of the inner light following the purification of Albedo. It involves the awakening of the material and spiritual essence and the physical realm. This means that the material begins to exhibit a golden hue, is becoming gold Spiritually. It denotes the dawning of wisdom and enlightenment, the emergence of the inner light. Yellow in citrinitas represents the sun light and consciousness. It's associated with the illumination of the mind and spirit, akin to the rising sun that brings clarity and understanding after the darkness of light. It's linked to the integration of knowledge and wisdom in the psyche. It is the merging of conscious insight with the previously unconscious elements of the mind, leading to profound spiritual insight. Spiritually, it marks the blossoming of one's inner light in the beginning of a deeper spiritual understanding. Alchemically, it involves the heating of substances to produce a yellow or golden color. These physical processes serve as metaphors for the inner awakening occurring within the alchemist. Citrinitas can be linked to the concept of enlightenment, where the individual awakens in the emergence of light and knowledge, like the coming of the sun. This parallels the alchemist's goal of achieving a state of heightened awareness and spiritual clarity. It's it's the preparatory phase for the final phase of alchemy, which is rubido, which I thought was weird the ruby.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Like, remember we talked about in the Starget episode, the missing Ruby. Yeah, at the Sphinx, you know, leading ultimately to the Philosopher's Stone. In the Great Work the Attainment of Perfection and the Arthurian context, the various quests undertaken by the Knights of the Roundtable, especially the quest for the Holy Grail, symbolized the journey towards spiritual awakening and enlightenment. These quests are trials that testonizes virtues, wisdom, and spiritual resolve, aligning with the Citronitas stage. Arthur's reign is marked by wisdom and justice, reflecting his enlightened state. He embodies the integration of physical and spiritual power, guiding his knights and kingdom towards higher ideals. This period of his rule represents the blossoming of wisdom and the illumination of citronitas. His wise governance and the harmonious function of Camelot under his leadership exemplify the spiritual awakening and integration of knowledge associated with this phase. His reign is a period of prosperity. It's like a golden age of peace and enlightenment, where the kingdom reflects the inner light of its ruler and its knights, and then the final stage Rubido, the reddening. It represents the achievement of the great work, the magnum opus, and the attainment of spiritual and material perfection, or, as a Rosicrucian might say, the attainment of God in Man, or as Rudolph Steiner would say, the awakening of the inner god Man the God within. Rubido involves the integration of the alchemist's material and spiritual essence into a unified hole in the physical realm. This means the material achieves a red or golden red hue. Spiritually, it denotes the culmination of the transformative process, resulting in a complete and perfected self. Red in Rubido represents the philosopher's stone.
Speaker 3: Harry Potter bro Oh yeah, yeah, I've been thinking that the whole time. Red Little Jim is the philosopher's.
Speaker 2: Stone, typically depicted as a red gem. It is, I mean, it is, according to the yeah yeah, infra meta alchemist.
Speaker 3: Yes, yep, yep, yep, wow.
Speaker 2: It represents the philosopher's stone, the stone, the Sun at his peak, and the fullness of life. It is associated with the final stage of transformation, where the alchemist attains spiritual and material mastery, psychological and spiritual unification of the self. It signifies the integration of all aspects of the psyche, leading to a state of wholeness and complete harmony. It marks the realization of one's true divine nature and the union with the divine. Alchemically, the process might involve the production of a red substance, such as the Philosopher's Stone the Red Elixir. I believe they call this the prima materia, the physical process to serve as metaphors for the innercompletion occurring within the alchemists. It can be likened to the concept of resurrection, where the individual undergoes a spiritual rebirth. The phoenix right at the top of the Embassy of the Free Mind. The final room in the museum was called the Phoenix Room. Did it have a phoenix in it? It might have had a diagram of a phoenix, but it was just a bunch of other magical diagrams and the arch of this place. Yeah, for sure, I got you, But I just thought it was cool that the final room is the Phoenix Room. Yeah, Rubido, you've awakened. Wow, you know symbolizing the emergence of a new perfect itself. This paralyzed parallels the alchemist's goal of achieving immortality and ultimate enlightenment. The completion of Roubido brings a sense of perfection and mastery. The integration and unification of this stage is the attainment of the Great Work, where the alchemist achieved spiritual and material perfection, symbolized by the Philosopher's Stone. In the Arthurian context, the quest for the Holy Grail is the ultimate spiritual journey, seeking the highest form of enlightenment in union with the divine. The Grail quest is the pinnacle of the night's spiritual endeavors, embodying the Roubido stage where the great work is achieved. Arthur's final battle with Mordred and his subsequent journey to Avalon, which is why I brought up the led Zeppelin song too, Waiting for the Angels of Avalon, Waiting for the Eastern Glow. Avalon is like the heaven of the Arthur myth. It's like this right right, It's like and Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 4: Whatever they call it. Yes, it's like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Arthur's final battle with Mordred and his journey to Avalon symbolized the culmination of his earthly journey and his transition to a higher state of being. Avalon is the mystical and coternal place which represents the attainment of spiritual and material perfection, akin to the Philosopher's Stone. The Grail, often confused with Arthur's Kingdom, suggests that the kingdom itself is a reflection of the Grail's divine nature. This union represents the harmonious integration of the material and spiritual realms, achieving the ultimate goal of the alchemical work. His journey to Avalon, where he is said to heal and return when needed by mankind, reflects the immortality and eternal perfection of Rubido. It signifies the birth and renewal of the true King, embodying the Philosopher's Stone promise of eternal life imperfected wisdom. Once you achieve the immortality of Rubido and you awaken to the the state of perfection the God with the man, you've achieved the Philosopher's Stone, then you can sit in the siege perilous the seat, yes, the chair yep, the seat of the perfect Man. It's always in waiting to be filled by that perfect man who's seeking the Grail. So that's that's pretty deep. That's why in the beginning I wanted to talk about the dark Death of King Arthur and every myth because then at the end we talk about what it.
Speaker 3: Really means, right, and how it's sention to the spirit world. Yes, it's a necessary part of his journey to ascension.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: The diving into this really like contextualizes the Grail myth and the philosophers Stale myth. It like really connects all the pieces and fills out the picture in a really beautiful way. And I still can't help but be mind blown that. I mean, over a thousand years ago, you know, and four hundreds of consecutive years, people have been like weaving this elaborate allegory of of these like archetypal alchemical lessons, and like it's it's really beyond my own Like I can't even fathom putting all of that stuff together and then weaving it in. It's such a beautiful story, and probably out of necessity, right, like, because if they just wrote this stuff down as it is and then they're caught with it, like they could be killed, they could be you know, they're persecuted for these beliefs and trying to pass this knowledge along, Like these stories and these allegories probably came out of necessity, like they had to do it this way.
Speaker 2: I used to think, like, wow, why do they keep all this stuff secret? But lately I have been kind of like, like I was telling Jenny the other day, like, you know, I still am I believe like truths should be free, it should be spread, but I'm starting to understand why the initial secrecy because like, these these dudes were being killed. They were being killed literally slaughtered.
Speaker 3: Absolutely for ages and ages and ages, and by different enemies, by different groups. They're being hunted and persecuted and like and still to this day, there's a lot of stifling of this kind of information, like it's kind of still being persecuted.
Speaker 2: Like you know, I feel like you know, when you first, especially coming from a Christian background and having that original lens, your initial thought is like, oh, this is you know, dark of coal, like they're keeping new secrets and you know it's and like I used to think about things like why would they keep a secret? Knowledge would be free? But now I'm kind of like, dang, Like you know, I could I guess what I'm coming from is like the world absolutely was not ready right for all of this stuff to be out in the open, you know, and it's it's just crazy to think about, like from a new lens, you know, especially after going to the embassy in Amsterdam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look into history, persecuted groups always turn their their knowledge and their stories into art. That's how it gets passed along. That's the only way they can pass it along, right without dying or being persecuted or punished for passing that knowledge along. They turn it into art so that it's like a little bit more covert but also immortalized. Absolutely. Yeah, it'll be appreciated forever. And it's yeah, I mean it's really genius. And I'm kind of I kind of just as we're doing this episode, came to that same realization that like, oh no, of course this stuff is all being hidden in allegories and these elaborate stories.
Speaker 2: It's because these people were being killed literally, yeah, hunted slaughtered.
Speaker 3: That like kind of makes these stories that much more beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really does contextualize it when you like look at that for like the actual historical lens. Yeah, you know, and like see, like I don't know, man, It's just like I feel like that that that trip to Amsterdam and being at the embassy and like spending just an hour there reading everything on the walls and the pamphlets and like seeing the history and like the persecution of it in Europe. And I'm like sitting in the random place where it was happening. Yeah, and I'm sitting right there reading all this stuff. I'm like, oh my god. Like I feel like it helped me like re contextualize these things. Could you see while like why while I was researching this stuff, I was like, I don't even care to talk about like if he was real or not? Right, Yeah, focus on this absolutely, you know. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's it's clear that it's allegory and it's very important allegory, and like that doesn't make it any less significant.
Speaker 2: There was one other thing I wanted to mention because it ties to the Merlin episode, and I thought this was really cool. This is a summary. I didn't I thought I would. Let's be honest, I knew this was gonna take a long time, but I have way more and I'm like, you know, it's it would probably be at least another hour and I'm like, you know, maybe another time we can go into this, but I'm gonna read a small excerpt from another part of this research that I gathered, and there was this brilliant video I watched on YouTube. I'm gonna give a shout out, a shout out. I'm doing like a twenty four hour fast right now. So that's why I'm like, you know, it kind of makes you a little fun. I feel like I'm like struggling my words today, dude. But anyway, so YouTube video summary of Numanus Damon, and this video is called the Hidden Alchemy in King Arthur's Story. It's like twenty minutes. It's super brilliant, and I have the entire transcript that I pulled from YouTube and like removed a lot of the fluff out of it. And I was gonna go over this entire like twenty minute video, but it would take way longer than that. So I'm gonna read this part that I think you'll really look. Let me find it, okay. Merlin compliments Arthur's physical might with spiritual wisdom, paralleling the Hindu relationship between Kushatriya, the warrior king and the brahmin or the y sage. The nights of the Roundtable are bound by spiritual commitments, which reflects an initiatic brotherhood like the Freemasonry. So like in this video, the Hidden Alchemy of Arthur. It's really cool because it goes like way deeper into some of the symbolism and even like relates it to like the Atlantis myth and Hyperborea, which is a Greek myth are you familiar with, Yeah, you know, like the giants that live beyond the wall, and you know, there's some versions of Hyperborea suggest that actually it like predates Atlantis and that like the Atlantis, the Atlantean people may have come from Hyperborea. It's like, again, this is all like ancient conjecture, but it's very fun to read and talk about. But I thought you'd like that Arthur and Merlin connection, Like the Arthur and the Merlin archetypes are merged that either one can't be fulfilled without the other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a lot of like simil, there are a lot of similarities and there's a lot of overlap between the myths.
Speaker 2: And this is an archetype that predates the Arthur legend in the ancient Hindu texts. Yeah, right, that's super cool, way way older, way older.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so who knows the people who wrote these these Arthurian myths, they could have been studying that Hindu knowledge.
Speaker 2: They absolutely, you know, like absolutely they could have.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I suspect that that was way more common in the ancient past than we have been led to believe in modern times, because you know, again, I could speak from my experience grown up as a Christian. You think they're all separate, yes, you think, like the Christians are the Christians, and the Hindus and the Hindus and the Buddhists are the Buddhists. But I suspect that like, these people back in the day knew a lot more about each other than we commonly think today, and that they were like very much privy to each other's texts, and like we have all these stories, dude, the secret teaching of the all Ages. I'm definitely gonna talk about this in a future Wisdom Tradition episode. He goes into great detail about Plato being an initiate of the Eleusis mysteries and pythagorasts, and how he traveled to these other places and learned from Egypt and India and like I'm really starting to think that, like that's way more common than we think.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure, especially amongst these like mystics, like they're collecting knowledge from everywhere to study the similarities and like the symbolic truths behind them. Right yeah, yeah, I mean we just we we just grew up Christian and being told like it's evil to look at that other stuff, right, you know that's just our experience exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I just yeah, man, I feel like, you know, according to the Secret Teaching of All Ages, dude, it's like a lot, a lot a lot of these uh, Western traditions were influenced by Eastern traditions, like I'm talking of like thousands of years ago.
Speaker 3: I'm certain it's it just predates it by such a long time. I'm certain there's influence there. There has to be.
Speaker 2: It's wold. Yeah, that's all I got, man, That's all I got. On the other stuff, incredible stuff, that was awesome, That was so cool. Any anything to report, Man, You've been over their research and mainly be all, did you just let the case go cold?
Speaker 4: It's like his real murder, he's guess actually they Yeah, these guys I think killed him in an RV. I feel like that's what the wife believes.
Speaker 2: You just stared too far into.
Speaker 4: No, to be honest, I actually have really enjoyed that. Yeah, I've really enjoyed the alchemical process link to Arthur. Appreciate not knowing much about Arthur and knowing a little bit about the alchemical process. I did enjoy this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I do know that you know a lot about hercules, but I was I just I thought you'd appreciate them. There'd be some parallels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, they're both heroes, right, you know.
Speaker 4: You think about it. Well, I don't know, it's a little different. I started thinking, I'm hesitant to put myself on camera because of my posture here, but feet up anyway, I've got to thinking about the colors of the Catholic priests and how they relate to the colors of the alchemical process. And it's interesting that when Catholic priests are not preaching, they're dressed in all black. When they are preaching, they're dressed in white.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, it's a can you say that again, when they're not preaching, when.
Speaker 4: They're not when they're doing church duties, and when they're going about their daily life, they're generally black shirt, black pants, black belt, and a white collar. The traditional, the traditional. And again this is just Catholicism, and this is just from my personal you know, background Catholicism, right, and then when they go to preach, they put on top of that a white like I don't know, the official.
Speaker 3: Robe or whatever.
Speaker 4: And then what's interesting is then the bishops who are above the like think of bishops as like the general manager of the regional manager. They wear black all the time, okay, and their robe, yes, their robe is black. But that above them are cardinals, which I believe either wear black or red or a combination of that. I and I above the cardinals is the pope who wears white red rings a bell like I feel like cardinals have some red in their yeah, coloring.
Speaker 2: So it's just.
Speaker 4: Interesting, like I don't I don't know if it's if it's like a perversion of the chemical process or if it's their own thing.
Speaker 2: Or maybe it's not an over perversion. Maybe it's just like over time that has you know, we talk about this in many previous episodes about like the unconscious pulling on the symbolans like we talk about this in the context of art, which I am now all in. Well, also, like that's what occurs.
Speaker 4: I've talked about why I wear all white on the show, and that is like it makes you more receptive to energies. So maybe it's just the sense that when the priest is not preaching, he's keeping to himself, like conserving his energy, keeping his energy within and reflecting every like defla acting everything else. And then when he goes to do his job in front of the community and the congregation, he switches to white to become one with that energy around him.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, sir, where is your polo?
Speaker 4: I've wear a T shirt today. You don't know the real reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I ride the motorcycle, the the collar flies around.
Speaker 2: Wow, wowow epic. Yeah, this this was a fun one. Hope you guys enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Glad I could weigh in at the end to prove I was paying attention.
Speaker 2: Feet kicked that many love y'all, Love you guys. Weird things happened in the backyard left house.
Speaker 1: Kind of clutch.
Speaker 3: Players descry up.
Speaker 1: Like smiling on the inside of it. No one knows, man, Wow, this come for I ever got
Speaker 2: Solid hap