Speaker 1: All right, you are listening to the world bamous Ben and Skin Show.
Speaker 2: It is a Friday, Happy Friday, everybody.
Speaker 1: We are coming to you live back to back remote broadcast.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: We find ourselves at Boomer Jacks in Dallas one O two five zero Technology Skin.
Speaker 2: How do you explain this location.
Speaker 1: That's just the right there at thirty five in Northwest Highway?
Speaker 2: Basically? Yeah, you know you need to.
Speaker 1: It's not like you're gonna be able to get off thirty five and.
Speaker 2: Just pull right in here. You need to.
Speaker 1: You need to access it off a Northwest Highway Loop twelve. But we are on the south west corner of Northwest Highway and H thirty five. Yeah, and we're still you say southwest?
Speaker 2: Like, do people actually know not? They don't. They don't know, So how would you describe it?
Speaker 3: Well, no, you're right, I'm sorry, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: No, just if people don't if people don't know where the sun sets, like, how do you help?
Speaker 2: Why are you on Christina? I'm on the kt okay because he's sitting next to.
Speaker 1: Her, I don't I don't agree with her though, How do you want people to anywhere?
Speaker 3: Is this where the old gas Monkey grillies.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is just this is just west of that, but it's actually actually north of that.
Speaker 2: Okay, answer your question. I go back to the studio.
Speaker 1: Now. This is the whole thing about a phone. It's like people go, I don't know directions. I go where it's the sunset. Just look where the sun sets. It's not hard.
Speaker 3: It's not setting right now.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I know that relative to certain highways that I know are going north and south or east and west.
Speaker 4: And I'm protecting my vision. I'm rarely looking at the sun. What I would do to describe people pull out the thing you're addicted to, and he just.
Speaker 2: Type in boomer jacks.
Speaker 4: You get there, and then if you want to type in technology, that's I love this street because there's so many streets that are just named after trees.
Speaker 2: Elm oh Pine.
Speaker 1: That true, he's saying, Yes, he loves to acknowledge technology.
Speaker 2: Ballvard. It's so easy too.
Speaker 1: Just like Kip Dinad, I don't ever have a compass out. I always have one on me and a pocket knife. Yeah, and a Rambo knife. It's in your phone always. But I don't ever pull my phone out and like use the compass. So I have to like think, uh, okay, because I live so far north in that pole, so that's I always just think what direction do I live? But I'm never like figuring out exactly where the sun is.
Speaker 2: It's it's up there. It goes to the same place every day, every day of your life. It goes to the same place. If you're in a different place, you don't know exactly.
Speaker 1: Like I, I can't tell you specifically which way is north and south and east or west right now based on where we are. You guys would have been tell you what direction that is. You guys would have been terrible explorers. So if the sun is going to set in the west at some point, but it's I don't know. I don't have my sun dial out at three fifteen, I don't know where that is on its trajectory.
Speaker 4: And I don't know that you can say that we would have been terrible exploring. I think back then we would have been reliant on it. I think we would have acclimated. I don't need to know.
Speaker 2: I would have been a more of a forager, all right.
Speaker 1: We are live and direct from Boomer Jacks one O two five zero Technology thirty five in Northwest Highway and we are here because of the Arlington Renegade. Yeah, the Arlington Renegades have us in the house today. We're very excited for this. They kick off their season tomorrow. It's UFL football. They get going at chalk TOAs Stadium tomorrow, three o'clock home opener and doors open at one point thirty. And so they're playing the San Antonio Bramas. So they're having a little fan meet up at this Boomerjacks where a bunch of Renegades fans are gonna be here and a bunch of Bramas fans are going to be here, and they're just gonna enjoy some tasty apps and cold drinks together. And it rolls right into you know, NCAA tournament basketball on about I mean, what is there one thousand TVs in here?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So you just come here and you hang out, You hang out with your friends, they're any gates, and then you look up suddenly the games are one. You've totally made your Friday afternoon perfect. I don't neglect game three of the Rangers Game three, Game three, but Saturday, Oh, so spend the night here?
Speaker 2: Wait what about tonight? Talking about today? Oh to come back tomorrow. Yeah, come back tomorrow. Yes, it it all runs again.
Speaker 1: So when the sun sets right over there, oh, you go sleep in your car and then you wake up the sun's over there, and then you walk right back in and there's a ranger game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jack liders tonight.
Speaker 1: But more specifically, I would love to see this boomer Jacks get flooded with people today. Yeah, because I want them to go, Wow that Ben and Skin show the Eagle.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: We need to have them out here more often. I also want to tease fans of the Brahmas. They were so close to being the Lamas and they dropped the realf. They could have done that. But people are already coming out here hanging out with us. We're grateful. There's already some Arlington Renegades fans in the house that are chilling.
Speaker 2: What's up, boys? Is that the English back there?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, there he is, you know Tim English.
Speaker 1: The thing that's amazing too is with all these TVs on, Christina hadn't even noticed there was a dog surfing right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was dancing in the street.
Speaker 1: There's also the Mick Jagger David Bowie video for dancing in the street on that TV and a dog is surfing over there. That video would be better if it's the one without the music. You just hear their sounds they're making.
Speaker 2: Look at the.
Speaker 1: Size of the pockets on Mick Jagger's shirt. Okay, So there's a lot of stuff for us to get into today. We'll have a good time on this presentation. I can promise you that I did see something. Well, I got two things. One thing is news that I'm seeing out there in the universe that had eluded me over the last forty eight hours, and that is that Facebook is launching a friend's only feed. Okay, And essentially what this is going to do is kill the algorithm. The algorithm is evil. The algorithm just is what social media. It's what tells you on social media what to look at. In other words, the algorithm looks at your social media feed and it's like, oh, okay, you like Trump, for instance, well, we're only going to feed you stuff that involves Trump looking really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or if you're a Democrat, they're like, we're only going to feed you stuff that makes Trump look bad or whatever it is. It's it, and so that is what is polarizing our country and get people further further away from the middle, and the algorithm, like for me, thinks I only want to look at you know, ai guilf that not real guilf Ai, ai guilt, and so it feeds me that on my on my timeline, and like Christina, your algorithm thinks you want to look at dogs surfing dogs, right kt Dave Matthews Playlist, Sure Skin Documentaries on Noodles. There's a really great thing that popped up on my feed today and it was the Steely Dan Boys pulling up the original tracks from the album Asia and talking about a synthesizer they were used, okay, and the synthesizer and we're talking about how they were using it in place of a flute.
Speaker 2: It's pretty bad. That's incredible.
Speaker 1: But the algorithm does whatever it can do to keep you on social media longer so they can sell more advertising around that social media platform. So basically, what Facebook is saying, we're gonna have a tab. They're not gonna change their whole business, but they're gonna have a tab where you can just say, click this button, and instead of the algorithm feeding you what it thinks you want to see, it's actually just what are your friends up to and so then your friends are just talking about Trump. Now if you're if your friends are just talking about Trump, either way, you're still just right right right. But it's now it's legitimately what it's a social network instead of just being a news network. So I honestly this is this is gonna be amazing that to y'all that I don't know this currently. Facebook puts stuff in your feed that you don't follow, like it just starts. Yeah, there's different there, Yeah, but I really didn't know. Yeah, every every platform does that. And so if you're on Instagram, that's what Instagram's doing, that's what Twitter's doing, that's what TikTok is doing, because their goal is just to sell as much advertising as they can. And they're like, oh, look, uh, this guy's getting online for a few minutes. What is he most passionate about. Oh, he likes documentaries about noodles. Now that's all they're going to feed you. So they're like, you'll maybe stay online a little bit longer and just et all the.
Speaker 3: Noodles try to sell you noodles. It is really bad on Instagram. I feel like I see more advertisements than actual posts.
Speaker 2: Right now. And I do buy a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of it's listening right, Yeah, you'll see ads for things that you've never searched.
Speaker 3: You've just talked about severance for me, so many Severance videos and stuff. Now, I'm like, I never have typed in severance in here in my life.
Speaker 2: Severance is everywhere anyways.
Speaker 1: That's if that happens on Facebook, I think that'd be great.
Speaker 2: I hope to see that happen.
Speaker 1: I do have one other thing that I wanted to bring up to you guys, and that is I talked to a former Dallas cowboy player today and Brandy White. I'm not gonna tell you who is unless you guess it.
Speaker 2: Danny White.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'll just say it's not Bill Bates, Lucky White No.
Speaker 2: I like that guess though. No.
Speaker 1: Oh, you remember when Lucky Whitehead and Jay Crowder were best friends, just tearing up Dallas every night on that dog.
Speaker 2: And did you talk to Rowdy today?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't Rowdy. Guesses. Before I get to what I was gonna tell you, I can't think of a single other cowboy that ever.
Speaker 2: Existed, Okay, except Jack Crawford. Jack Crawford. No, that's not it, good mate?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Who is the uh?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Was it? Chill cut?
Speaker 1: What was the name of the blonde fullback that now has a business with uh Woodson?
Speaker 2: What? Who? Uh? What's that guy's name? Dude? Tyler Klutz. Tyler Klutz is the best. Did you talk to him? No? No, it wasn't him, all right, but I wish I'd talked to Tyler Klutz. He's great, he's got the business. Darren Woodson, like there are other fullbacks that aren't mood.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a fullback and it Wasrott Moose, Robert Newhouse.
Speaker 2: What position was it again? I'm not saying I think saying what it was? The position? I'll just say this, what side of the ball? Defensive side of the Oh?
Speaker 4: I know who it is?
Speaker 2: More towards the front or the back.
Speaker 1: Well, if I say this, you guys will figure out who is and then I can't even tell you what I'm trying to share.
Speaker 2: Who it is? Okay, you think you know? Okay, if you already know who I got it? You think you know? Yeah? Okay, did I tell you earlier? Alright? I tell you. I can't believe you got to talk to Tank. This is this is somebody? Is that the story?
Speaker 1: Who know the story? The story that I'm trying to tell you. It's great news for Cowboy fans. Okay, this is great news I'm trying to share. You guys are staying. You guys are beating good news. I want to go to break now, all right, coming up, tell the story. So he told me that he expects Mazzie Smith to be awesome moving forward. Okay, he thinks Mozzie Smith is going to be very good fun. And he said that because he didn't think he fit the previous system as well as he fits in Eberflus's system. And apparently people over there are very high on him right now, So what if that pick isn't a bust?
Speaker 2: So it'd be huge.
Speaker 4: He didn't fit Mike Zimmer or Dan Quinson.
Speaker 1: Wait, what about what what is the what is the defensive system that requires you to lose every patchup?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Eberlues.
Speaker 1: What he likes is he likes the nose taggers to lose. I collapse the pocket the other way and then the ends sandwich in and tackle the guy right there now after about a three yard game.
Speaker 2: This should be good.
Speaker 1: This is this is a guy that just needed a third system.
Speaker 2: You guys suck. I was just trying to give some cowboys. I haven't given up on him. I feel good about it. I would feel better about it if you tell me who it was. I'll tell you in the break.
Speaker 1: Coming up next though, in the Hollywood Shuffle the ten best Baseball Movies, I mouthed it to KT. That's next, all right, that's coming up next?
Speaker 2: Is a third system going to be the difference for Mazzie Smith.
Speaker 1: As we broadcast from Boomer Jacks at one O two five zero Technology thirty five in Northwest Highway, the Arlington Renegades have us out here. Come hang out, Come meet Tim English. It's gonna be badass, all right. We're having a great time al right, before we devil Horns