Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI AM six forty is Later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: Now it's time to get to the viral load on not only KFI but YouTube with Tiffany Hops.
Speaker 4: All right, So, twins have always had an air of mysticism, whether it's Tweedled and Tweedled Dumb, the two girls from the Shining in that Hallway.
Speaker 5: We all know that hallway and the Shining.
Speaker 4: The idea of twins comes along with do they have their own language? And other questions like do they possess special twin powers? Well, there's a pair of twins, obviously a pair, and they're going viral for a video that recounts a carjacking of their mother, and that that's on its own is a really harrowing event, really tough event. But this particular video and its virality is all about just how in sync these two twins are. Their names are Bridgette and Paula Powers. There from Queensland, Australia, and we're gonna hear from them exactly what happened as they recount the story of their mother's carjacking.
Speaker 6: And one guy he was up there with our mom, and he he went up there and he was.
Speaker 7: Coming back down towards us, and he goes, run, he's got a gun.
Speaker 6: And our hearts started a pound, and I said, well mom, where's mom? And poor Mama's stuck up there by apparently our brave mom. She goes, are you all right? Because he had all black his face, and he goes, I'll shoot you.
Speaker 7: She goes, hey, I'm here to hell a mom just strategy, needing to make him look the other way. And he looked the other way, and Mama ran into the bush behind the fence and the guy goes to all fine you and I'll shoot you. All I was thinking about when we're Ronnie, they joined.
Speaker 5: You were keep listening. Well see he was out there and we were past and they're pointing the same direction.
Speaker 6: All of that at the time, No, you just run.
Speaker 5: You see, there was a glitch.
Speaker 4: One said one thing and another the other said a different thing. But the majority of the video they are completely in sync, as if they've rehearsed this. But they say this is how they've always been. They've actually gone viral before for being on camera recounting something that happened in the news.
Speaker 5: This is what they do.
Speaker 4: They are fifty and fortunately their mother is okay. Was a gun wielding carjacker. Their mother did survive this event. Uh do not know if the carjacker was captured. But these two winds are now the latest viral sensation. They're everywhere.
Speaker 2: They were on Kimmel last night, Jimmy Kimmel, did you happen to see that?
Speaker 5: I saw it?
Speaker 4: So they they have their Their fame now is seeing no bounds. People love these two women and what they do naturally.
Speaker 2: Kind of eerie. It's kind of eerie.
Speaker 3: When they say finishing each other's sentences, they mean finishing each other's sentences.
Speaker 4: It's a how do you say it?
Speaker 5: Telepathy?
Speaker 4: Telepathy exactly Tilapia, it's that as well, to Tilapia, Mississippi. But this is what again, they say, They do this naturally. It's unrehearsed. It's what they've been doing all of their lives. They even dress identically. They live their lives together, so they have a lot of a lot of practice.
Speaker 2: That would get on my freaking nerves.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine having a twin?
Speaker 8: Imagine dating one of them that means dating both of them exactly, yes, no no.
Speaker 3: No no no no no no, yes.
Speaker 5: No absolutely no no no. It's like Gongo buy one, get one two four price of one.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Can I am six forty and YouTube Tippy hops take it away.
Speaker 5: When it comes to viral stories a lot.
Speaker 4: Ironically, the twentieth anniversary of YouTube is today. YouTube actually was probably the first platform where virality actually took place, and back then the videos were quite mundane. Since then, we've seen a lot of content creators really syncing their everything into going viral in the hopes of monetization, with clicks and subscriptions all over YouTube, all over social media. There's a new documentary on Netflix. It's called Bad Influencing The Dark Side of Kidfluencing, and it exposes the exploitation of viral child influencers. So we spend every week talking about viral stories. But of course there is another side to this content creation, especially when children are employed. There are questions about exploitation and other things. In this documentary takes a deep dive into using children to create content and the dangerous effects physically and mentally that it can have on those kids. The series is a three part series and it focuses on one child in particular.
Speaker 5: She's now older.
Speaker 4: Her name is Piper Rockwell and she became a very popular social media personality. Her mom and manager, Tiffany Smith, is the one who orchestrated Piper's career. And it wasn't just Piper that Tiffany started and stopped with. No, with the success of Piper's channel and the content she was creating just about being a regular kid, other kids were brought in and these kids ranged in age, they were different genders, and they all loved being in front of the camera. And Tiffany Smith, Piper's mother, said that this was a way for these kids to express themselves and create humorous content together. It was all very innocent in the beginning. However, this group became named as the Squad.
Speaker 5: Was a group of these kids.
Speaker 4: They were called the Squad, and they are now saying that there was another side to the industry that people did not know about, but everyone inside was absolutely knowledgeable on They cite all sorts of abuse, including physical abuse, sexual abuse, mental abuse abuse. They also say that they were disassociated from their families and alienated in ways that were extremely dangerous, and this documentary really goes deeply in to what they experience as well as what kid fluencers, that's what they're called, kid fluencers are potentially and maybe even likely dealing with behind the scenes of these really popular content creation channels. Again, you can watch this documentary. It's a three part series. It's called Bad Influencing The Dark Side of Kid Fluencing, and it's on Netflix.
Speaker 2: There is some irony here. You're talking about the twentieth anniversary of YouTube while we're live streaming on YouTube, talking about influencers on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of irony.
Speaker 4: It can be used, obviously, YouTube for wonderful things, including a live broadcast of this show. But there is a dark side when children are utilized. What are the parameters? What are the boundaries therein if any where children are kept safe, and this documentary is saying any cases children are not kept safe, it's the exact opposite.
Speaker 5: All in the name of going viral.
Speaker 4: Our last story, I'm so happy we have the YouTube cameras up so you all can see this out there.
Speaker 5: Please be watching right now.
Speaker 4: If you're doing something else, look back at the camera, because we are going to do a little taste test for our final story.
Speaker 5: What our final story.
Speaker 4: Involves something I've been seeing everywhere talking about viral. It's been everywhere every social media handle. It's been in restaurants. You might have noticed it but didn't really pay too much attention to it. And it's a new type of chocolate bar. Okay, it's chocolate. If you like chocolate, then this will appeal to you. This chocolate bar, however, is going viral because it is purported to be from Dubai and it is from Dubai. Du What it's from Dubai? Okay, I know? And that's not the only reason. It's fancy. It's filled with pistachios. If you look at this chocolate.
Speaker 2: A chocolate nut, that's special.
Speaker 4: What contu If you look at the chocolate, the chocolate actually looks like it has kind of like a grassy texture on the inside.
Speaker 2: Maybit chocolate with green stuff on the inside.
Speaker 5: Yes, you want me to put this in my mouth and you will on camera.
Speaker 4: This chocolate started as a simple trip me what to do?
Speaker 5: You're gonna put it in your mouth and you're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: And the trend on TikTok has turned into a global craze.
Speaker 5: It's been all over the place.
Speaker 4: It traces back to an Immoradi chocolate tear in twenty twenty one who put a little whimsical name to it, sold it, it took off. Someone posts about it on TikTok in December of twenty twenty three and it went completely viral. Now the price of pistachios is being said to have jumped from just under eight dollars a pound to over ten dollars a pound within one year. So my god, and that's pre terriffs. This is pre terriffs. Can you imagine stuff you like pistaschios? You are in for a world of hurts.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I don't.
Speaker 5: Okay, But now enough enough of the talking.
Speaker 4: We're gonna try this pistachio filled chocolate bar.
Speaker 5: Everybody one.
Speaker 2: Two. It's like, is this like the commercial?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: How many licks does it take to get to the center with TSI roll? Pocket stalling?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Right, go snacking.
Speaker 2: Let's get a four window janial. It tastes that cricket to me. Are you sure you didn't give me like some ground up insects? Yeah? You slipped something weird here, didn't you. It tastes like cricket.
Speaker 8: It's not bad. It kind of tastes like if you put crushed up kitkats. The statios aren't crunchy like that. There's something going on, right, Mark, on this one.
Speaker 2: Right, We've been duped. This tastes like bugshells. I love it though, I love it.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 2: It is good. What have you done to us?
Speaker 5: What you put in this choo and you love it? Everyone loves stop it?
Speaker 2: Chocolate? Is this bugs? Is it broken glass?
Speaker 5: Maybe for some, not all?
Speaker 2: Are you sure it's not like wood chips or something?
Speaker 5: I cannot confirm nor deny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the crunch was unexpected, but I like it.
Speaker 5: This is my first time eating it too.
Speaker 2: Because they always say it's their first time, they always lie. They always lie about the body count. This thing is like this. I've never done this before. You're the first person I've ever done this with. Put this in your mouth.
Speaker 4: Stop laughing, Mark, Yours has the glass and the bugs.
Speaker 2: So sorry, take it back. Mark, You're fine. You're saying, wait, is this human bones?
Speaker 5: Not yet down? Yeah?
Speaker 2: This tastes wrong. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 8: This does not taste This is why you need to be watching a YouTube show.
Speaker 4: The smallest version of this chocolate bar from the restaurant. Restaurant I got it from, is about the size of a McDonald's apple pie.
Speaker 5: If you guys know what that is.
Speaker 4: It's about six inches long by two and a half inches wide.
Speaker 8: Sometimes the jokes right themselves. Chocolate minute, She said that I was just watching my face. I was waiting for nice girth.
Speaker 4: To see how red I turned on. It's the thickness that matters. But it's fifteen dollars.
Speaker 3: Just give up, let it go unhand. The chocolate, the viral load. God, good joy, here we go, never bringing.
Speaker 2: For those who don't know, he's not even on camera, he's off camera.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, it's the first time time right now, that is chocolate.
Speaker 2: Okay, not on any other show nowhere else.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI A M six forty