Speaker 1: Seven oh five here fifty five PARC DE Talk Station Friday. Always enjoy when to come into the studio in the morning and see on the rundown Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, holding government accountables what they do each and every day. Find them online Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Dave Williams, Welcome back to the Morning show, my friend. It's always a pleasure to having you on the show.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Brian, and I have a question for you to start off the show. The Washington commanders are looking for subsidy to build a new stadium, right yep. So in Washington, d C. We have now a stadium, subsidy and a street car. So I'm trying to think of the trifecta here. What would be the third thing to make this just the trifecta of wasteful and unnecessary spending, Because I know Cincinnati has the same right, they have subsidies, they had the streetcar, and I can't think of the third one to make it a trifecta.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know, how about some green energy project?
Speaker 2: There you go, bingo, you got it. Okay, we had the trifecta of government waste stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm glad you chose you one of our favorite subjects street car. You Aubity already mentioned that we always managed to get the street car in there, even with the only passing reference stadium deals. You and I talk about that a lot over the years. And you know, our Ohio budget has six hundred million dollars going directly to the Cleveland Browns for the purpose of building their two point plus whatever billion dollar projects. So how that ended up in the Ohio taxpayer's budget is beyond me. It really irks me, But there it is governed. He is a lineight in Veto, and what he did was line it in Veto's three or four issues that it would have been baby steps in the right direction to providing the Ohio property owners with some measure of relief for property taxes. He struck all those out of the bill, and yet he stilled allowed six hundred million dollars to go to the Cleveland Browns. There, I got it out of my system, Dave. So but moving over top top five anyway, list of our favorite topics over the years. The post office. So let's let's talk about the post office. That's an efficient, well oiled business over there isn't it?
Speaker 2: Oh, which sure is sarcasm. Noted they just raised the cost of first class mail again, went from seventy three cents to seventy eight cents. And I mean, I'm going to sound like, you know, one of those old guys, but I remember when it was fifty five cents. It doesn't seem like it was too long ago that was fifty five cents. And here's here's the kicker is that they're not making money. Is that they keep on losing. And we're not talking about a little bit of money. We're talking about billions of dollars a year, and they keep on raising prices and it's not working. The Aaron lines of problem is that they raise the prices and it's not working because the rest of the system is so messed up. They are spending eighty thousand dollars per truck for electric vehicles.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, see you brought I had a separate article that was Olivia Murray over an American thinker did the numbers crunching on this one, and part of the Inflation Reduction Act allocated money to go to the Post Office for the purpose of transforming their feet into a fleet into electric vehicles. Right, Apparently they want forty five thousand electric battery powered postal service vehicles in this in this Grand Plan, vehicles were supposed to be This acquisition supposed to be completed by September of twenty twenty eight, funded by in part, is a ten billion dollar total overall cost project. Three billion of that comes from the so called Inflation Reduction Act, the Green New Deal Bill right President Biden signed in twenty twenty two. So from that three billion dollars, currently one point seven billion has been distributed. It's out the door. They have acquired two hundred and fifty total trucks, meaning if you do the proper division or math on that, it comes out to six point eight million dollars per truck. And since they've only acquired a small number, they said at this current rate eighty three vehicles per year, it would take the government another five hundred and thirty nine years to finalize the plan. It's supposed to be completed by twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: They can't do anything, right.
Speaker 2: No, they absolutely can't. And the Inspector General at the Post Office has been warning about this for years and telling them not to do this. Not to buy electric vehicles because of the maintenance cost, because of downtime, you know, just charging these vehicles. It takes time to charge the vehicles, so they aren't listening. And when you talk about the number of vehicles that have already been purchased, I mean, this is just embarrassing, to say the least. And there is a new Postmaster General and hopefully you know he and he just started I think last week. So yeah, let's see what this guy can do. And so his first name is David, So I have a lot of faith, you know. I don't know if that's something that well, we'll see. But there's there's management problems. There's so many deep, deep problems at the post Office. And obviously the glaring one is spending all this money on electric vehicles.
Speaker 1: I mean, it really is. But it's just one additional expenditure, you know. I mean, if they're they're looking, you have an imagery reported and you know the numbers on this. The United States Postal Service has lost more than one hundred billion dollars over the past fifteen years, and they're continuing down that road currently. I guess how many billions of dollars have they left had lost so far this year. It's like three billion dollars, three billion dollars.
Speaker 2: And if they would end Saturday delivery, they could save two point six billion dollars a year just ending Saturday delivery. That is an incredible number to think that it could be saved easily.
Speaker 1: Well, but that wouldn't even solve the problem. It's a great step in the right direction. Dave Williams tax Favoritextion Alliance. But apparently they lost nine point five billion dollars collectively last year alone. So yeah, save two point five billion dollars. Let's get that figure down to seven billion dollars in loss. That'd be a notable improvement. But that's still seven billion dollars in loss. This is a business model. This isn't even a business model.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a business model. You look at seasonal hiring and we're going to hear about the Post Office hiring people for Christmas. Well, what happens with the Post Office is when they hire someone for a seasonal work, they offered them a full time job afterwards. FedEx and ups hire seasonally and they don't hire them full time afterwards because it's seasonal. It's only for a few months. But because of what the unions have done inside the Postal service is that they're required to offer them a full time job after Christmas. And again you said it, it's not a business. They don't have any business sense whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Well, how is it the American tax payer dollars are supporting all of this.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what it is. There's a nostalgia about the post office, and rightly so, because you know, you meet your mail deliverer and he's a nice guy, she's a nice woman, right, and you have that bond. But people don't see the bigger picture. Nostalgia overtakes business sense, and I think if people really saw the numbers and understood just how much of a mess the post Office is, they would really, I think, change their view. And you know, this is an entity that tried to get into banking. Elizabeth warrens, Oh my god, try to get the post Office into the banking. I mean, that doesn't send a shiver down your spine. Nothing ever will.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: I mean, who's going to be responsible for initiating some reform? I mean, if the union contract requires these part time employees to be offered full time jobs. That's got to stop right away. That had to stop years ago. Why isn't that element being addressed. That's clearly a problem, Dave.
Speaker 2: I hate to say this, but this is up to Congress. And Congress did the Postal Reform Act a few years ago, and their big savings was taking the healthcare costs of postal employees and shifting it over to Medicare. Well, it's still a taxpayer cost. They thought that they were doing the post Office and taxpayers a wonderful thing by doing this, but that's just shifting the burden from one part of the government to another. This is what Congress did, and but Congress needs to do this. They need to go inside the post Office and completely reorganize it. And I know when you talk about privatization, people you know, lose their minds. And I'm not saying privatize it, but I gotta tell you, we may have to start to look at that and maybe privatizing certain parts of it because it just isn't working. And they get a bailout every time they get a bailout from taxpayers. So that's why they don't have the pressure to make money. Is they know that Uncle Sam and uncle taxpayer is right there to bail them out.
Speaker 1: Going back to your comment about nostalgia, maybe I'm just a cold and callous guy day, but I don't have that nostalgia. Every time I go to the mailbox, I retrieve usually what amounts about three or four pieces of junk mail. Maybe three times a week I get some sort of mail that actually is important in some way, shape or form. Now I could go electronic billing. When it comes to say, my cell phone, I like getting the hard copy of the bill. My wife has paperwork to do for reimbursement from work, so you know, but I don't really even need that delivered. I could have it go to my email. I could pay it online, and I do pay the bill online. I don't stick a stamp on an envelope and send Verizon a check. So I've cut out half of the mail needed for that transaction. But in the final analysis, you know, if the mail showed up one day a week, that will be a Okay. I get all my junk mail. I can sort through a throw it away because it goes directly into the garbage, can recycle and pull out the stuff that really is important. I mean, the times have obviously changed so dramatically. The need for the Post Office, well of its current size anyway, has gone the way of the DODO.
Speaker 2: It has. And when you see other companies that go through and I said other companies, you know my mistake. But when you see companies go through this, they downsize, they change their business model exactly. The Post Office has not done that. They do the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.
Speaker 1: All right, which is why they lost one hundred billion dollars in the past fifteen years. We'll continue with taxpayer protection lines. Dave Williams got well, the energy industry. Apparently the Grand Ole Party has forgotten what the free market is. They tend to do that from time to time. We'll get that information from Dave seven to fifteen. Right now, Get Affordable Imaging Services now open in New Richmond, and they got more than one office now right at the Ohio Indiana border. Get X rays X rays from Affordable Imaging Service. You know what they cost, seventy five bucks. I'll go back to that CT scans my favorite illustration because five thousand dollars at a hospital. If I emphasize that enough, probably pay extra for the board Certified Radiologist report. No, don't do that. Save literally thousands and thousands of dollars because a CT scan without an enhancement or out of contrast is only four hundred and fifty bucks at Affordable Imaging Services four fifty MRI four ninety fives. Whether you're a New Richmond or off Route thirty two on icol Troad, getting it done, you're gonna save tons of money. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. So for echo cartograms, MRI, CT scans, ultrasounds, and X rays go to Affordable Imaging Services. Keep that money in your pocket. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand online learn more, Go to Affordable Medimaging dot com. This is fifty five KRC and I Heart Radio Station our IHEARTREO seven twenty On a Thursday, Brian Thomas with Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protect Alliance again online at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Worthwhile bookmark right there.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: See you address this political article political reporting that the Department of Interior says the agency's going to subject wind and this is their words, wind and solar projects to heightened scrutiny potentially slowing approvals and construction across vast swaths of some of the most sun and wind rich portions of the country. Now that sounds typical Politico. They're obviously on the green side of the ledge. You're rather left leaning rags that website is, and I consolt political all the time in order to get some balance in my consumption of news. Dave, So, I'm no no stranger. They're reporting on political but I know where they're where the wind's blowing from Politico, no pun intended, right, But apparently what they say is in order to proceed on lands managed by the Department of Interior, they have to have the personal assent of the Interior Secretary, who is currently Doug Bergham. So they're placing the authority to thumb up or thumb down any given project on Department of Interior lands to one man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So read between the lines and read the lines on this one. And this is very disturbing because listen, i'mno fan of green energy, especially the subsidies. But you know, as a country, this is all of the above. If you want to invest in green energy, if you want to develop green energy, without my money without tax payer money. You should have the ability to do that. And what this is is the government picking winners and losers. And this is something that Trump administration has done a lot of actually picking winners and losers in the economy. And this is not going to help. Now. Listen, if they said that we're not going to subsidize any of these projects, amen, brother, Yes, do not subsidize, But that's not what they're saying. They're saying is that we are not going to allow this because we don't like these particular forms of energy. That really bothers me. It's just weaponization of government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, Dave, I think everybody has to bear in mind that we do have changes of administrations. And while we're all seen to be quite pleased and happy with the way things are going into the Trump administration, there could be a Democrat elect in an office and the Department of Interior may no longer be run by Interior Secretary Doug bergerm He could be run by Interior Secretary or I don't know, Pete, but a judge. So they would be inclined to approve any wind in solar projects without any additional scrutiny. I suppose and say no to perhaps oil or fracking projects that are done in that land.
Speaker 2: And Brian Darren lines the problem because at the Federal Communications Commission we have them approving or disapproving of mergers and acquisitions based upon DEI. Again no fan of DEI. I think it has no place in business. But if a business will us to do that, that is their business. The problem is that you were having the government is saying you have to get rid of your DEI policies or I'm not going to allow you to merge with these two companies. Well again, what happens in the next administration if it's a Democrat and they say, well, you have to have DEE policies in order to acquire this. So this is going to bite them in the back end at some point. Yeah, this weaponization and it really bothers me that they're doing this. And you know, Brendan Carr, who's the chairman of the SEC, has done a really good job deregulating. But this is very troublesome.
Speaker 1: It is, and I understand all day along the points you're springing from here, Dave, but it and just to hammer the point home, if private business a wants to merge with private business b then my belief is the federal government shouldn't have anything to say about the terms of conditions of what that agreement is. I mean, unless it falls into perhaps Sherman antitrust or something along those lines. What's the problem with letting them merge. Why would you have to say you can't do this or you must do this in order for us, the federal government to put a stamp of approval on the merger. It's a shocking illustration of how much power and control the federal government has over completely private business.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, when you're talking about two wireless companies merging, we're not talking about standard oil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not subsidized.
Speaker 1: This isn't They're not getting federal dollars to run their business. I mean, they're just they're just running their businesses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why, you know, I would love to see the old Republican Party take hold as you know, limited government, you know, and really, you know, merging and acquisitions I think are a really good indication of just how activist a government is. And unfortunately we see a disturbing trend in the Trump administration. But again, you know, listen, that's you know, prefaces by saying that it's a heck of a lot better than it would be under iris.
Speaker 3: Richie, gotta put a positive spin on that.
Speaker 1: Dave, you got to Let's do one more with Dave Williams and taxpayer protection lines. We'll talk about some new recycling regulations, more regulations, Oh goodie. First words, my friends at Colin Electric, the folks with the right connections, they will treat you great. They pride themselves on their honest reputation. They pride themselves on the efficiency of their licensed certified electricians, and they are good at what they do. And they pride themselves on the price. You get great service, great price, all the work done to your satisfaction. You will get a ten year wiring warranty on whatever they do for you, big projects, small projects. Everything goes with a warranty. You can trust the folks at Coling Electric, locally owned and operated at eight plus of the better business Burea've been around since nineteen ninety nine. So how do you reach them? Two ways? Cullin, culln Color Electriccincinnati dot com. Schedule the appointment right there. Learn more about what they can do for you. Call them up directly and then say Brian said Hi please five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four.
Speaker 2: One fifty five KRC heart He's eight.
Speaker 1: Here fifty five KIRR C DE Talk Station. Spend some time with Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance. Always enjoy our conversation Dave. Even though they involve important issues, usually big, big money and how it's misspent. We at least try to keep things a little light when talking about it. And now we're pivoting over to recycling. What's going on more regulations, you know.
Speaker 2: So recycling has really come a long way over the past ten, fifteen, twenty years, and we see just really a renaissance in how they're able to deal with plastics, and of course the government doesn't recognize that, and of course the companies are bad. They're trying to pollute the planet, which you know, I never understood. Why would you want to pollute and kill the people that you're selling your product to. I don't, you know, understand the logic. But there the EPA is refusing to acknowledge new ways to recycle plastics. And yeah, part of the problem is is that a lot of blame gets placed on the US for other countries that are doing the biggest damage. And we've seen these you know, flotilla's of plastic emotion, and I think it's like one or two percent of that actually comes from the US, and it you know, the bulk of that comes from other countries.
Speaker 1: Because we have a good sanitation system. We have garbage cans literally everywhere, they're ubiquitous. We have recycling programs. I even have a separate recycling garbage can that Rumpky comes and picks up. We have trash, and we have recycling. Now I don't believe it for a minute that those recyclables we put in that can Dave are actually getting recycled, but I try. I do my best to separate them, and we endeavor to conform and try to keep that stuff because I don't believe in throwing something away that has a useful life. Now, what Rumkey ultimately does with it outside of my realm of knowledge, but you know, there it is. It's easy to do. That's why we don't pollute as much as other countries. Other countries don't even have sewage systems.
Speaker 2: And if these companies can take plastic or aluminum or whatever and turn it into something else. They're going to make money off of that. Dumping it into a landfill does not make money for a company. Recycling does and producing something else. And you know, one thing we haven't talked about our you know, plastic bags versus paper bags. There is a lot of scientific evidence that says that paper bags take more energy to produce and are actually worse for the environment than plastic bags, and yet plastic bags are the ones that are taxed. And yeah, it's it's incredible the lack of knowledge of science that the government has and I think people in general have at this point, well you.
Speaker 1: Know, and craming if I'm wrong, But I've read so many articles over the year's dave that recycling doesn't work. That if there was money to be made in recycling, then there'll be clamoring out there to you know, collect all the recyclables out there and make money off of them. But I I I've consistently read though, that that's not going on. And it was a period of time where weren't we sending a lot of our plastics for recycling to China and then China said no, we don't want them. We can't do anything with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was, and you know, and really China is such a problem with a lot of things. But when we talk about recycling or the environment, you know, they're the ones that are never going to conform to a treaty. They're the ones that are going to you know, be the big polluters. And again, you know, there's a lot of blame America and it comes with inside this country. And I got to tell you that the plastics revolution is fascinating and companies are coming up with new technologies. It's not you know, this isn't the seventies, This isn't the Indian.
Speaker 3: Crime on the I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bag feet, Yeah, yeah, we've come a long way.
Speaker 2: Baby. As the mixed sort of metaphors here, So.
Speaker 1: You mentioned in the article pi rolysis, it's a it's a different process. They have some newly developed process for recycling plastics, and the EPAS is not acknowledging that or preventing that move from preventing it.
Speaker 2: They're they're they're actively preventing this and this is something that could turn plastics into into fuels. So, I mean, it's really just short sighted of the EPA. Listen, this is very little to do with kind of who's in power. These are the bureaucrats that have been here for years and that have a singular point of view and vision, and they refuse to look outside, you know, u of their own comfort zone a box, to see what these new technologies are and what they can bring. It's it's frustrating, to say the least.
Speaker 1: Well, this process obviously exists. You have information discussing the process and how it works, and you know the temperatures and everything else. You also have the the the the cost benefit that could come from this six hundred and nine hund dollars per time after this process of plastic is performed. So there it is. It's all there. Why would the EPA stand in the way of this allowing this process to come online?
Speaker 3: I guess is what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: I don't know. If I had the answer, if I could crawl inside a bureaucrat's head and figure out what the heck was going on inside there, I'd be a rich rich man.
Speaker 1: They don't have to provide an explanation for why. I mean, they can't say no, this is actually everything you say is true, but the amount of pollutants and carcinogens that go out into the world in the environment far exceed the benefit from this recycling process. Ergo, we're gonna say no, none of that's in this.
Speaker 2: They slow walk everything. Look at the process at the FDA to approve vapes and new tobacco harm reduction. They have a shot clock of eighteen months, right, well, some products have been under review for seven years. They low walk everything and they don't provide any sort of answers or rationale for what they're doing. And that's exactly what's happened at the EPA right now.
Speaker 3: God, it sounds like something from a Kafka novel.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, making blush geez.
Speaker 1: Dave Williams Taxpayer text lines. That's what we have you around. You can just illustrate and highlight this stupidity and epic insanity of the regulatory state. And I appreciate you doing that, and I'll welcome your return of the fifty five KC Morning Show as soon as you're ready to do it again and again. Remind my listeners. Protecting Taxpayers dot Org agreed what Dave is writing about every single day and his team there Dave always a pleasure to help you. Keep up the great work, my friend, and stay well.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Brian, have a great day.
Speaker 1: You do the same and get in touch with cross Country Mortgage. Got me Suzette loads the Camp, specifically cross Country Mortgage. You want to work with Suzette because you want to work with the best person in the mortgage business, and that's her customer service superior. I hear from it from my listeners. I heard it specifically from my daughter. I recommend my own daughter to work with Suseette Los Camp. She and Eric were working with some bank and you know, a week later, nothing happened. They couldn't find out what was going on. It's like, did you call SU's that Low's camp. Lauren doesn't listen to the morning show, so she didn't know to make that. It's the first step, so I'm cutting out the problem for you. Call her initially. You'll be glad she's working for you. Got gazillions of different mortgage possibilities out there, license in all fifty states, and uh, where do we go? So she can help you out? In thirty five plus years in the mortgage business, the best in customer service. She acts promptly and quickly. She had my daughter and Eric's financing within like two days, and my daughter raved about how pleasant and wonderful it was working with Susette, and that certainly will be your experience. She'll go the extra mile for you. Great rates at a low cost, no junk fees, no application fees, no problems, no issues ever with Suzette Low's Camp. Two ways to reach your caller or send her an email. Either way she'll get right back with you. The phone number five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Email Susan that dot lows Camp that's spelled l O S E K A M P so is that dot los Camp at c c M dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five k R c