Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one doub jr R, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one dou w jr r.
Speaker 2: E The button got him. Week wouldn't be complete without that happening at least once. Hey, real quick before we get to rock news. Keyword to rock the bank? This hour was fun, fun, fun. Wouldn't it be fun to win one thousand dollars this morning on the Lynch and Tacos show.
Speaker 1: Thank you because people were asking me what it was fun? Enter that wj RR dot co. Get about a half hour to get it in. So if you're driving, wait till you know it's safe to do so. Now you can do this every hour. It'll be a different keyword every hour. U Rock News is brought to you by our Tuesday ticket takeover. That's another opportunity to win stuff on our Instagram. Its full passes for some Welcome to rock Fall. Oh yeah, that thing Big Old jr R. Show coming to Daytona.
Speaker 2: All right. Congratulations to Ghost becoming the first hard rock band in over four years to land at number one out of the Gates with the release of their new album Skeleton Lands at number one on the Billboard two hundred chart, first hard rock to place at number one debuting since which released what was the last hard rock band to land it one on the Billboard Top two hundred with their new album Correct Very Good for Power Up. Back in twenty twenty, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry took to the stage for the first time together since Aerosmith's last last show in twenty twenty three. This happened last week in San Francisco at a benefit concert for Tyler's charity, Janey's Fund, which helps young women and girls who have survived abuse. Now. The two, if you remember, were supposed to perform at the charity's Grammy Awards viewing party in la in February, but Perry had to cancel due to a family situation. So it was good to see those two back performing again. Even though you know, it's just a couple of tunes, but baby steps good for I don't think it's gonna get much beyond that, but it was cool to see those two performing again. Speaking of performing again, David Lee Roth, as we reported coming out of retirement, performed his first full show in five years this past weekend at the M three Festival at Meriweather Post Pavilion in Maryland. Sixteen songs set all old school Van Halen.
Speaker 1: How did he sound? Sounded good, look good, good energy because it would remember the video and audio of him and I believe it was Vegas where he said it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this scene, he looked pretty dialed in. Then he he must be feeling confident because he then he turned around and announced a tour which we have two dates in four Florida, July thirty first, hard Rock Life in Hollywood, August third, Tampa hard Rock event Center in Tampa again August third. For that's you can find presale stuff floating around today if you're interested in trying to scoop those up. If you haven't been to a show at that hard Rock event Center in Tampa. Good place to see his show. Nice, not too big, not too small, and right off. I four man has a great vibe to it. You were telling me that I've had other listeners tell me as well. What else we got happening here? Ozzy coming clean on one of his injuries that he had. If you remember in February twenty nineteen, he suffered an injury which about landed him in the hospital and ended him another round of surgery. He had always said that he tripped on the rug, remember, while returning to bed after getting up the middle of the night take a leak. Yeah, that's not exactly true, he said, I thought I knew where the bed was. He's doing the old you know where you are in the dark routine. He gonna he was gonna belly flop onto the bed. I guess, you know, well, yeah, he ended up as he put it face first on my you know, straight on my face, and I felt my neck go crunch and he did. Y'all share and call an ambulance. Auzzi, come on. He is continuing to do his best to be in as good as shape as he can be for the July fifth, you know, Black Sabbath Slash Ausie solo performance and send off and you know, to kind of just put an exclamation point on it all. He is still aiming to do five songs with the solo band and five songs with Sabbath. Hit the Fan.
Speaker 1: Sorry it was Cinco de Mayo yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's always something come on Green Day. Teaming up with seven eleven for new exclusive slurpy drink flavor. It's called Kurkplunk Candy Grape tribute, of course, to the band's nineteen ninety two album KerPlunk. They say that the drink is sweet and slightly twisted, that tastes like cotton candy with hints of grape. All right, So if you're a big go get a slurpy headache with a green day one, okay, th man.
Speaker 1: I love a Slurpey've been Slurpy headaches are the freezerhead.
Speaker 2: They are they and those those things just come out of come at you out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Man, Oh else, we got stick your tongue on the roof of your mouth. They say works.
Speaker 2: I tried that. It never seemed to work for me. It didn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't really work too well for me either.
Speaker 2: If you were watching any of the Kentucky Derby over the weekend, you might have noticed one James Headfield making an appearance. Went to visit and say hello to Sandman, one of the horses that was in the derby over the weekend. And yes, Sandman was named in honor of the Metallica song and I guess the stable crew and whatnot, all huge Metallica fans.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: James had sent them a bunch of Metallica gear and I thought, hey, you know what, I'm going to the Derby. I'll show up and saw him on TV. My nurse James had saying, a Lord of sand Man. That's pretty cool, isn't that funny? Metallica meets Derby, you know, with all the quaint hats and exactly it's it's surreals what it is to think, you know, indirectly, I do what I do today. That's dumb DJ stuff because over almost thirty years ago, I was so pissed off the radio when it played my favorite band, which was Metallica at the time that I started working for a pirate radio station and we played the stuff ourselves.
Speaker 1: Wait, he didn't start working for a pirate he was running a pirate radio.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no. The Rattlehead was running the station. I hopped on board and was so enamored with it and loved it so much. I like, can you make a job out of this? I'm not going to be a cop. I want to do that one I can play Metallica. I was. I was going to the school to be a cop, just a few credits away actually from having a criminal justice degree. But hey, well, one other Metallica note here. The band recently played Toronto and Kirk and Robert took time to go say hello to Alex Lifson and went out to dinner, went back to Alex's placed in the three of them jam together, which is kind of cool.
Speaker 1: If you're at dinner and you see the three of them at a table near you.
Speaker 2: Wow, hey, let's go to my place and just jam. Yeah, okay, Metallica meet Rush. Fantastic And on one final note here, Kim Thale of Soundgarden does firmly believe that the final recordings with the late Chris Cornell will see the light of day one day. He says it'll be a great gift to the fans. Also, he believes it'll be a great gift to Blake Chris Cornell's well, and you know, Cornell's widow, Vicki, and the band members and management have been abroad and all this stuff they settled for the most part, everything out of court, and then now there's this whole social media who controls the social media thing that they're dealing with, But As far as the songs that were partially completed, I do. I think Thale's probably accurate that those will see the light of day. They have to come out at some point, he said, you know, it's not just it's all of us that we're involved with this, So we'll see the question is how long, how long will it be before they actually come out at some point? So there you go. I think that's about all I got this morning. Good bowlful right there, all right, that's true. Rock News Follow the Lot, Orlando's rock station