Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I am your host Sean Garmer here with me as usual, mister Mark Morrison.
Speaker 2: Alright, all right, well.
Speaker 1: We have a lot to talk about here on this edition. As we've all, we've both been playing some games. So I've been talking about I've been playing the Lunar Remastered Collection, the first Lunar game. I'm like halfway through that. We got. Mark got done with Dissassa's Creek Shadows, so he gets to get final thoughts on that. He got finally could talk about the playing the Capcom Fighting Collection number two. Also, what else you been ain't Joe Jump? So yeah, we got some stuff on the gaming front. We got the Switch to us pre voters are finally got a date again and that's gonna be on Thursday at midnight or eleven am if you're trying to get it from game Stop. So getting ready to be watching the clock, looking at links when it goes live, all that fun stuff that happens when you're trying to get a new console. We'll talk about that. We'll talk about the Mario Kart Direct, we'll talk about the Galaxy Showcase. We'll talk about the Star Wars strategy game that got revealed as well. They got a big thirty minute deal that Marco Pally got more in depth on. We got what else in here? Has Nintendo lost their identity? She hey, Yoshida seems to think, so we'll talk about if they have or not, a lot of that and more. Oh right, so let's go ahead and get this out of the way. Here is the housekeeping for today and actually going on at the same time. We didn't try to do us on purpose, so we also got a Wrestling A forty one review with mister Harry Broadhurst and mister Radlitch over there. If so, if you describe to the YouTube channel, you can watch it as soon as they're done. Over there, you can watch the live whatever you want to do with w T Nework there on YouTube. You can also watch us live on Facebook and twitch W two Nework and that's we're usually live between eight thirty and nine pm on Mondays. And you can always just watch On the Man later or just listen On the Man later on your podcast whichever podcasts place you want to listen to, Spotify, itunesorheart Radio, all that stuff whatever, float your boat what you like to listen to, go over there. And yeah, also again I don't think I did end up posting the link last week, but go check out a Video Game Outsiders. I was on the show a couple of weeks ago. They do awesome stuff. And then on this Friday, I'm gonna be on Video Game Happy Hour, which Crafty who was like commenting on the show last week. They do a great show, usually do it on live on Twitch, and then it's on podcasts. Him and a few other guys that were previously in the Video Game Outsiders, like Discord, they had their own show actually on their app, and then they kind of took it off and did their own thing. So I'm gonna be on Friday talking about Claar Obscure and whatever else has been going on our Switch pre orders. So Mark, are you going to try to pre order to Switch now that we know it's not gonna be on Amazon at least for the first try here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably just because it'll be like, you know, if I don't get it now, it's gonna go from Price.
Speaker 1: I think the one store I'm not gonna be going. I'm probably gonna avoid Target, because I've heard that they and I've had them do it to me. They canceled the pre order that I did at one point. I've heard a lot of horror stories about Target canceling pre orders for other things.
Speaker 2: So that's happened with That's by But you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm probably gonna go with Walmart because that's who I did the pre order with last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The problem with those is, like, you know, you have to like basically buy it though, yeah, get in there or you know, at least have the money in your account.
Speaker 1: Walmart, I think did that, like check where it does depending and it was a way Yeah, and then I'm game Stop. I'm gonna try. If I don't get it with Walmart, I will try with game Stop in the in the morning or whatever, and we'll see how that goes. But let's go ahead and get into the video games. Uh, first, the games we've been playing here. I guess, what is your final thoughts on Assassin's Creed Shadows? How much long you know you were in like what chapter three when we finished?
Speaker 2: I guess, Okay, Yeah, they don't specific chapters per se. They claim they do, but don't, right, I mean, I showed you this pictures that of those feer those circle things, Like, yes, that's a lot. You know. I like the game overall, now that I'm kind of done with it, like I don't have much else to do, Like I guess you could go capture some more castles or something, but like you're getting it's not like territorial control, which is kind of what I would want. Like it's amazing that sin Andreas had better territorial control missions or the system than the last eight Assassin's Creed games. But yeah, I liked it. It has zero story in the present.
Speaker 1: Oh zero, Okay, so it's none of the.
Speaker 2: Five minutes in the in like the intro of these two like AI programs talking to each other, and then you occasionally find what they call it corrupt the data clusters or something, and it's just like emails there. It's just like no between characters or just you know, almost like newspaper clipping or something like that. But you can't even exit exit in the main game, but you have to like bounce to the main menu and then like go to this like secret menu, and that's where you see it. And it's like, why can't you see this tough normally like would that be a problem or but that's weird.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to dedicate like any resources.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, the game has some UI funkiness, like they added, uh, you get a lot of gear in the game, and they had a big patch like a few weeks ago, and they foundly added the ability to like mark and delete crap like basically market as junk and then sell it. And like within a weekday they removed the function because it was a crash in the game because like people are like selling fifty swords at a time and the game was not meant for that. Yeah. Wow, but and it's still not back in like people want it. But it's like yeah, because you're getting like level you're getting like purple and blue swords that you're never gonna use again or never use at all. But I like the game overall the year so far.
Speaker 1: We forgot to talk about Elastic But did you see that, you know, with all the craft that's been hurled their way, Uh, the their number two best selling game of the year, Like yeah, really first month.
Speaker 2: Well it's really not surprising. I mean what else they got going on Star Wars or you know, some rapid games.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm talking about for the entire year. This year so far, Sassa Cry Shadows is the number two behind Monster Wild the number two game.
Speaker 2: I would say, it's not surprising. Yeah, Like, I mean it's early in the year though, so you know, wait until Madden comes out, wait until FIFA what the hell they call on it, and wait until Call of Duty. But yeah, I can see it being like the top ten game of the year as far as like sales go.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, no, I mean that's one thing I think people need to look at it with a caveat is uh Crafty kind of getting into a discussion over it on his discord about how it's like they're kind of just grasping at straws and blah blah blah, and I was like, listen, it doesn't matter if at you know, six months from now it's no longer number two, right. Yes, they're not going around talking about it like Capcom has with Monster Hunter Wilds. But Assass's create is a huge franchise. When you already have a game like Monster Hunter Wild's coming out and just decimating everything, you getting two million sales, it's really not something to go boasting about. I would say, right, Like, I guess that's why they're going around saying they have too million players, but maybe they don't have even two million sales. I would imagine if they'd already sold like Assassa's Creed. Getting a million sales in week one is not a big deal for Gbisoft, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean it kind of is though now, because there are a lot their games don't get big sales, like and that franchise has been pretty hit or missed over the past few games as well. So it's the same thing about like I look at it as almost at the same thing about TV ratings like or like box office returns like Center. You know, Center's just got sixty million, and everyone's like, oh, that's great, but it's like, well mate, I mean it costs over eighty and it had a lot a big marketing budget behind it. I mean, it'll make its money back for sure, but it'll take a while.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, well, definitely probably make us money back by the time it gets out of theaters.
Speaker 2: But it's just a problem also like it's a uh, you know, too many options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Minecraft movie is still out there getting a bunch of bunch of money, So ill thought Minecraft Movie later, but you know this, it kind of improves. Again. Look, it's good that we have options, right, but when you have like something that's a behemoth that kind of got this ground twelve support too, doesn't help when you people show videos of the the scene inside theaters and people are doing crazy stuff and they're like, I kind of wonder you're part of that. You know, it's probably not gonna have it in my theater now, but I want to go see the movie now. It's also like increase the maybe not sales because like who doesn't have Minecraft at this point, but at least like people playing the game like thirty five percent.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I can buy it for sure.
Speaker 1: It's it's just one of these like I look, it's great. I think it's great. For Assass's Creed. It's still like the number two was the number two fastest selling or most pre ordered Assass's Creed, so you know, and they have a long history of games with some you know, great sales on that for them to have those numbers, yes, everybody wants those hard sales numbers. Been Honestly, the way Ubisoft is going right now, they don't really need to rush it, like they have a quarterly thing that they got to go talk at, and why not just say it there when you have the most up to date numbers possible to just be like, man, we sold this much, Sassacree Shadows. It's the only game that we have going on right now besides DLC if they announced for Star Wars Outlaws and whenever Outlaws comes out for a switch to number and all that. So like this is their main game, the main game that they've been like making sure is the one that sells or does well for them. I don't know if this is going to be the determinant whether or not they finally go through with that side company or whatever, but obviously it does help. But this is like their last hurrah as far as like, if this doesn't do well, we definitely got to go shed that that Ubisoft name and start somewhere, start new. So well, we'll see. I'm glad you liked it, you know, do you have like a ranking of where it lands for you as far as Assassa's creed.
Speaker 2: Or i'd said probably pretty high. I still I mean probably like Brotherhood at a C four, Valhalla are better, maybe even even a C two, But it's better than like Mirage. I'd say it's better than Origin and Odyssey, better than three you know, so i'd say I'm pretty positive on it. But it's still it still has some issues, right, so you know, we'll see and it's like, you know, they'll keep working on it, probably because what else going on. And they got I know they have like DLC coming on the on the pipeline, so yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure we know that's coming. Yeah, So how goes the uh Indiana Jones Good Bay Station five?
Speaker 2: I got a few days ago from the ends. Uh, I've been playing a pretty pretty a lot or you know, like I'm up to the third area this like Siberia or Himalayas.
Speaker 1: Wow, so you're already through the Vatican already.
Speaker 2: Do like ag.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and then now.
Speaker 2: You're wow, I'm not like percent in those areas.
Speaker 1: Okay. That's the next time I was gonna ask you, was like, so are you doing like the main like and then.
Speaker 2: I'm doing what I find Okay, I'm doing a fair amount of side missions and like I finally did one of the missions where it's like, oh, clicked all these ancient relics and Giza and I had a mat for that at least, so I was like, Okay, I can do this, but I'm finding myself very So there's experience points and money and experience points. Uh. You can find or buy books and they give you like basically a talent like oh, now your whip can disarm guys, or now you punch harder. I have a fair amount of skill points, and it's not like you get like one skill point, you know, it's like, oh, the punch harder, you gotta spend five hundred points and it's like that's no problem. Like and you get points from like you know, doing quest photograph and stuff, doing sidequest crap like that. I don't have a ton of cash in the game. That's where it's kind of breaking for me. So it's like, oh, it's like in the Vatican, it's like, oh, you can buy this book or buy this map that here are all the medicine bottles to fined. It's like, yo, that's that's eight hundred, that's six, you know, six hundred dollars. I got like four hundred, you know, or you know, I don't. You don't find a ton of money in the game, which I haven't yet. So that's what slowed me down. So, uh, I like it. I don't think it's one hundred percent. I like it, but it's not one hundred percent clicking with me necessarily, Like you've put it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah I didn't get past Egypt, but yeah, sure I found a game kind of JANKI in spots like I was stuck in an enemy base in Egypt and it's just like big base with a big sense around it.
Speaker 2: So it's like, Okay, I don't want to run to the entrance because I'm and have like my cred suit the disguise, so they know who I am and they're just gonna like shoot me or fight me. Right, So it's like, okay, how can I do How can I do this? Can I like hop on a There are like little buildings like dotting the inside of the fence, So I'm like, can I happen to hop in a building, get to the roof and just jumped over the fence. And it's like you you think you could do that, but you can't. I spent a half hour trying to do this right.
Speaker 1: It wants you to do it with a disguise and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like a point that it's it feels almost very restricting in a sense because they clearly want you to do this, and it's like, yo, I got why should I? You know, like their.
Speaker 1: Freedom comes more in the combat, Like you don't have to use a gun, right like you can just.
Speaker 2: I basically have except for so like the first time I actually try to, I use my gun like once, and I alerted the whole damn base and basically like had a hide real quick and wait till they all went yeah. But there's an early boss fight like right after right after in the Vatican where you fight this big Tony Todd, the guy, giant guy, and I'm like, all right, I got a gun. I've been collecting bullets, like I got like eighteen shots. Let's pull this gun out and treat this guy now like Andy just like reloads the gun. You know, you're just spost to like fake like fighting normally. Why like I have a gun, like what you know they should have just like had the scene where like the Tony Todd like not your gun away, so you don't have it at all, as opposed to me pulling the gun out and then me just like uselessly reloading it, you know, for ten.
Speaker 1: Then realizing that it's not going to do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's so it's like, oh God, couldn't you just like, yeah, I programmed like a slightly better logical reason for not having the gun, you know. Uh yeah, kindbat's fun. Uh. I also wish you get there might be a skill point later on or skill thing like melee weapons. Is the game incredibly brittle? Yeah, most stuff has three uh durability points and if you if you do a stealth takedown, it takes it ball three and the larger weapons, like the larger items have six. So it's like, oh, you can do two two stealth takedowns and that's it. It's like that's not a lot.
Speaker 1: Like not to be fair, they do give you like a lot of different things that are weapons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'd rather just they just have it like Indiana just finds like a blackjack or finds like some metal baseball bat that's somehow indestructible and just carries out with them. Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised they didn't do the typical you know, weapon wheel.
Speaker 2: Yeah thing, but and I almost like never used the web. I forget it. I have it most of the time. Yeah, but I like it. It runs fine. Uh, you know, what you expect. Uh, you know, good acting. I like the uh, I mean, you played it enough of it. I like the priests from the first part of the game, the Vatican Antonio. I like that actor, so I'm like, I recognize that dude. Oh yeah, that is him. Uh yeah, good game or I don't know if I'll finish it by next week, but you know, I'll probably keep playing it and i'll play it right after that. None of this all right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you've been enjoying. I was wondering if you were going to get to play it and then what you would think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on that, I mean it reminds me of like des X kind of. And then also Chronicles a Ritic Escape from Butcher Bay.
Speaker 1: That chronicle I got advised from for Chronicles of critics playing it.
Speaker 2: Wait until and he gets his own eye shine job.
Speaker 1: Well let's see if you know the anticipation and you playing at others playing on a PS five leat it's the sales of Microsoft once yeah, you know. And then they've got for the Horizon coming on Friday as well, so they got a double PlayStation.
Speaker 2: I'd like to play that, but I'm buying they'd be like my third time buying that game, so no, thank you, but you have it on Steam. I have it on Steam and also have it on Xbox like PC. The I bought it first on there because it wasn't on Skiing Game the Steam.
Speaker 1: Finally, you don't think Jens might biases he doesn't have He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He doesn't racing games at all.
Speaker 1: There's one racing game that definitely go play four as the Horizon five. That's the one. Well, speaking of fighting things, Capcom Fighting Collection too. How is it?
Speaker 2: So it has eight games in it? I don't think I can talk about two of them. I don't think I can talk about Powerstone and Capcom Fighting Evolutions. I can talk about the other six. Uh that game is weird. Ah. So it has Powerstone two uh two cap Converse S m K games, which I'm not a huge S and K fan personally, so that kind of means nothing to me. Plasma sorbs have never played either. And then it has Project Justice and Street Fighter Alpha three Upper and those where I'm spending most of my time and those where I'm having issues. So Power Strong is a great, great fighting game, but and this is the problem with Alpha three as well. They didn't include the right version because these are all like the Arcade version of these games, and at least they have a training mode kind of where it's just like a you know, a dummy or you know, just testing how your combos out and stuff. But like some of these games need to kind of introduction or need more of like a tutorial, like Project Justice because it has some really weird esoteric shit going on, like with the you know, character swapping or character tagging in or you do like you step in and out of the stage because it's a three D game phenomenally, like it's more or less two D. And then Powerstone, I mean Powers Prejudice has like the most bewildering story mode and a fighting game ever. Or it's like you can like pick us pick a uh a school, and I took your team, so it's like, oh, Pacific High is like Tiffany Roy and bald dude. If it doesn't uh start, but it's like, oh, if you just progress to the story, ah, you can get one ending, but it's like, oh, if you lose on like match three, it splits off in like this other ending and you face like other you know, other characters or stuff like that. So looking at the achievement for this thing, it's like, oh, get get Project Justice three, Project Justice High School second ending, and it gives you a little fans it gives you a little hint like, oh, you know, do two team of attacks and you know stage two or something. Because it didn't, you be screwed entirely. But that that's a problem, Like it's just weirdly. You know, some of these games, I don't even saw them in an arcade, let alone playing any of them, so some help put them in nice. And then the two other issues are Projectice specifically, are it doesn't Rival Schools, which I'm going to continue to bang out about because y know it should.
Speaker 1: And then I wonder if they're leaving it for a potential fighting collection.
Speaker 2: Thing they shouldn't, like they should ditch. I mean this is basically the Dreamcast version, like Dreamcast collection of fighting games, because all this crap, you know as a Dreamcast during an Onmi hardware, But who gives a fuck about Plasma Sword, Like, ditch it and put in Rival Schools and hey, it's gonna look like ass because you know it's a nineteen ninety eight arcade PS one game. But who cares people, I'd rather have you.
Speaker 1: I think it's like a licensing thing. As far as why they didn't do the console versions.
Speaker 2: Or no, I think it's strictly like they have an emulator that can run dream Run Naomi hardware, and these are the files they have. Like building in something extra would take more work. And that's the other well, the two main problems Project Justice when it came out and Dreamcast, specifically the Japanese version. It had this really cool board game where you could like create your own character and like power them up to this like board. It's almost like Mario Party or you know, but good. And they didn't bring into America because it would have cost. It was you know, it was a bunch of Japanese, so they would have had to translate it and stuff that's gotten easier in the past twenty five years. I mean I wouldn't say do it. You know, have some machine Ai translated. But it's not hard to translate stuff anymore. Guys like you could bring it over. It ain't hard, Yeah, So I would have had I would have rather had that version or you know, had that as like an extra. The real problem those Alpha three they have just the Arcade version of Alpha three, and it's like, yo, there have been a lot of other better versions of Alpha three out there, like the PS one version, yeah, the Dreamcast or even I mean, hell, they put an xbo A version Alpha three, like Iron Galaxy did it have those versions as well? And it's like if you don't want to, I can understand, and then I want to do like Network Coach for all that crap. Like I completely understand it. If you just want to have Alpha three upper have the like be the network or the online version, that's fine. But like, especially the PS one version of Alpha three had a bunch of really cool stuff in it, like a world tour mode, edit mode, other like hidden ca characters, unlockable characters, stuff like that. And this is like the most like bare bones Alpha three to get. And it's like always like the latest Arcade revision or whatever from you know, eighteen years ago or something. But it doesn't have Evil Ryo in it, I don't think, or you know, it doesn't have a lot of other trap from like the PS one version.
Speaker 1: Sorry you're gone. Well, would you say that it's pressed to forty dollars? Would you say it's still worth getting even though it doesn't have it only has version.
Speaker 2: I would say Project Justice. It's kind of worth it alone. And while I can't specifically talk about Powerstone one, uh, Powerstorm one and two hold up more or less? Uh, so it's worth it for that. Anything like Alpha three or if you're a big cap you know that's okay fan absolutely, because those are the poor bastards have been waiting for decades for a new game.
Speaker 1: Is there anything new added to any.
Speaker 2: They have like the soundtrack soundtrack thing, and they have you know, gallery for all the games they can finally get that higher as Tiffany or you won't even want, or that everyone really wants. Alpha three, though, has like so each game has its own little metal system or own a little trophy system, so it's like, oh, you beat the game with Ryu or you beat the game with you know whatever. Alpha three has a survival mode and a dramatic battle mode and a final Battle mode, and I think the final battle mode is just like fighting like the end boss, like just that's it, like one kind of one and done. And thank god the button commands are in the in the game, because I had like no idea about any of this crap, because like I just played the PS one version and the PS one version just like an option for Dramatic Battle mode. It's like, no, you gotta like hold start and then press you know, both kick buttons at the right time, and then you'll enter dramatic Battle mode. Why couldn't it just make this like an option.
Speaker 1: On PS five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I you know, doing this like weird hidden crap, Like this isn't like fun and for like the other games, like all the other fighting collections, like you know, the Marvel one, It's like that had some hidden stuff, like Marvelrus Capcom one had like hidden characters and shit, but like I haven't they made it easier to put to like find that stuff. Just like, isn't an option in the menu to like make it easy. This doesn't have that really. Uh So it's like, yeah, you're gonna be hunting around to some of this and it's a butmmer. You know, if this game had like Rival Schools and proct Justice and they translated Rival Schools correctly, it would be awesome. This is you know, I would hardly recommend it, but like it's it's all right, but I think it's like way more niche than even their past collector, right, Like, imagine if they put out like a collect or, you know, just like street Fighter two.
Speaker 1: Which they did, then they do like a street Fighter Collection Anniversary collection.
Speaker 2: Well I know, I yeah, but if they just included like the like the basic steed Fighter two, just eight characters, not Turbo, not super speed Fighter, not hyper Fighting. You know, there's been like nine different versions of freet Fighter two out there. Right now, this is a street Fighter two. You know, you can't even plays with the new Warriors. It's just you know, the first eight here you go, I guess, but there are other better versions of this thing out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't rule out the Capcom I do, like DLC.
Speaker 2: I would. I think he's pretty much like one and done. Yeah, I think, you know, I think, like you said, it would be like Capcom Fighting Collection three. You know, I'll have like rival Schools and like the really weird if you can of another darks Talkers game or you know, Techromancer. I don't think they did that, but you know it's like you know, the really weird stuff. Yeah. Oh yeah, they did do techro.
Speaker 1: Mancer in the first one, I think, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, ah, but yeah, it's just it would have been nice if they had a few other other editions of the thing, certain games, you know.
Speaker 1: I think it's also because it did in the first one also only had the arcade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like I said, like the first game, the first collection, most of those games didn't have any arcade or didn't have home courts or because like it'd be like if if Namco somehow made like a Soul Caliber collection and it is included every version of the like the old Arcade Soul Calber game, and it's like, right, this this thing gonna be bad because like Soul Caliber and the Dreamcast was a much better game than Soul Caliber in the Arcade, or you wouldn't get like the Soule Caliber two Wing or respond or anything like that.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 2: That's just my take. I mean I don't know. I got another month's to review it.
Speaker 1: So there you go. When is the game coming out in May May sixteenth? I think, w wow, that's a.
Speaker 2: I've had the game for like two weeks too, so.
Speaker 1: You would like do they want you to play? And they have games they don't want you to talk about, so it's like okay, so I don't even see the point of so like you can so the embargoes up for you to review it or you have to wait till yeah, okay, just to preview it. Okay, yeah, interesting, all right? Uh so I mentioned I might go and get the Lunar Collection. I did do that, I was. I got it on Switch. So now I have three old games that I've bought are well. I bought the Sweakening Collection on Switch. I bought z Blade Chronicle Sex Definitive on Switch, and now I have this on Switch as well. So I've played like fifteen hours of Lunar one. I never played either one of these games, by the way. Uh so, yeah, it's a wonderful jerrapyg comfort food with a heck of a I love the old school like I was right back into like nineties anime feel with the whole thing is the cut scenes are just like every time there's a new character, here we go with a animated f m V.
Speaker 2: They in the character the dragon or yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I loved it. I was like, all right, this is this is cool, you know, like it's just they they kept that. I love that they kept all that in there. They didn't try to like it's remastered, right, but they also didn't try to uh spruce it up too much, you know, so it definitely still feels like the.
Speaker 2: I know, the two things they did. It's a it's a new.
Speaker 1: Script, new script with voice. Yeah, it's not everything is voice by the way. Also it's not like everything yeah, yeah, it's only certain scenes and then obviously the FMV right things like that. But it's still you know, it looks like a PS one game. They didn't try to do any of that. But yeah, I've been enjoying it. The music's great. Uh the you know, Darth Saw was what it was back then. But it's still uh, you know, just your typical JERRPG turn based battle system with you know, a kind of interesting way of the way that they do the attacks. It does have auto battle and you can speed up the battle so like X three or whatever as well, so that helps out.
Speaker 2: So they're not going to ye didn't have that so imagine some of this game, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's really like if you try to do it, like, it's really slow. And they do have the option for you to when you go to the menu, it does have the option to play as the classic version as well. Like Mark was mentioning with them finding collession. It's not like this is the only version. They have the original versions of the game, both games included, So if you want to go back and play it the way it was without some of the remastered stuff, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: But I'd be curious, uh, I mean, I guess you can't. You specifically can't answer this, but like, which version do they consider the original one? Is it, you know, the PS one version or is it the Segacy version?
Speaker 1: I guess I can find that out what we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: But no, I mean, I imagine it's a PS one version because you know, the Segacy version is a little rougher for sure, but it's cool it's in there. I mean, I I'd probably play that one just because you know, I know it more and high like dead voice acting better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the and it does help. We'll have it like a different languages as well. So, like, the only thing that bothered me is that my joy Con, my left joy Con has drift yep. So when you go to the beginning of the menu, it always starts out with the do you want to choose the original version of the remastered version of which game? You want to start out with and then if you press right or left it will change the language. So I've had it start up the Japanese version like three or four times, and then I have to exit out of it and turn it back on and do it again, and I'm just like, damn it stupid, right, Okay it is the Sega CD ever looks like Okay, but yeah, look, I think if you're a j RPG historian person that loves playing old RPGs or just loves having them, right, I think this is perfect. It's only it's fifty, it's not sixty or seventy. Also, so there's the price cut there, and it's two pretty good games that it seems like from the seventeen hours or so I put in the Lunar one. These aren't long games.
Speaker 2: So you know, ah, how many how how many characters do you have them? Number one? Let me ask you that, like you have a mage mage guy or.
Speaker 1: So I've gotten all the way to the part where you have to go back to your hometown with one of the hero people. Yeah, I'm trying not to spoil it for people that I want to play through it. I've only I've met like so like, there's characters that will show up and then they don't show up again at least I've never seen them again. Right, But I've like I've got the fight with like a three or four different characters. I've met the Mage guy right, the Nash and then obviously Luna, Ramus and uh, you're an Alex are the main three. But then Ramus doesn't say in your party for two hours, which is fine because he's he's not great and yeah, so like the I have the Mage guy with then he left again because he has to take care of somebody again trying to I imagine, So it was how much they have him talking. I imagine Jessica also comes back, the White Mage, and then you know, you have I have Gallleon and my party right now, and he's just he's supposed to be a hero, so he's just whooping everybody. And then you know, so I've gotten to that part where we're kind of trying to we're trying to get to the meet the Dragon again or whatever, and That's where I'm at. So you know, the whole story is that Alex is trying to become the Dragon Master. You have to read the Four Dragons, and I think it's cool that the way it started with, You're like, you're essentially meeting a dragon at the beginning of the game. Uh, and then they kind of just it gives you this like good cool feeling of like the scale of its like, here's the dragon. He's your screens going up and you're seeing him. And I love the writing in the game to this story has some really funny moments, even with the dragon at the beginning, he's like, do you realize that this diamond that you try to find is And they literally says that they did edit out some stuff, that there's some things that have been changed that with people are upset about whatever. It's like, listen, people got remember when these games are made. Translation is different back then, worst tizlations back then than today. And also, come on, do we really need to have the R word in a game in twenty twenty five? We don't. Okay, you can get mad about the fact that it's not in there, but should have been in there from the beginning, So you can get mad, but let's be honest, it's not censoring, it's just making it so you know, other all kinds of people can all families and stuff. I can play this game that they want. You know, it's not why would that's stupid to have a game that just coming out and you're feeling like you got a censor from kids or whatever. So yeah, I just wanted to make a point about that, but been enjoying it. Let me see if I get any further. I'm gonna try to see if I can play some more before I get to the twenty fourth and then I won't play anything with Claire obscure, so we'll see. We'll get there. But yeah, that's it for the games. So we've talked about about games on this episode, so all right, let's go ahead and talk about some Nintendo switch to stuff as did you watch this Mario Kart World direct there?
Speaker 2: Because I'm just not in it.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest, folks, I don't really know that I saw anything that tells me this game needs to be eighty dollars. But whatever, it is what Nintendo is charging for that game, so you know, what can we do about it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I still don't know that the free roam thing is this amazing thing that they keep talking about. I guess I'll see when we get to the actual game how free roaming it actually is. I do think it's cool that you're gonna have a four player split screen with the single switch to console, and you could do local wireless up to eight players, and then eventually, obviously you can do the twenty four players online, which that's that's obviously a leap for this console to do. They do have new moves and the charge jump where you can jump over stuff and jump on the grind rails, which they should in the first trailer. You can you can get the outfits for the different characters instead, and like, instead of getting weapons or whatever, you might get an outfit. A lot of the cool the new circuits look cool, right, So there's that. It's just it's Mario Kart. So look, if you haven't like me, I have not. I didn't get the new when they dropped those courses or whatever. I didn't buy that. I didn't buy that deal, all right, So I'm not Mario carted out. But I wonder if there's people that have been playing that game, like not on stop, or they've been playing it a lot, maybe Mario Kart. Seeing Mario Kart now is not that exciting to you because you've been literally seeing Mario Kart constantly, So it does I think it's one of those times I'm gonna really have to like see it on my TV for me to be excited, I guess because I'm not really getting to see much of what makes this awesome right now just watching it compress YouTube video, so right, I wonder if Nintendo will eventually, like once they get past like the Launch games and maybe they get more games that are like four K. I wonder if they will start releasing like four K versions on YouTube or whatever. That would be kind of interesting to see if they start doing that. But look, there's other Nintendo stuff that's I think a bit more important that you know, you either watch that Mario Kart thing or he didn't, and Mario Kart is Mark Kart. Right, I'm I'm gonna get that game because it's something I can play with my daughter, and especially now that we know we can use the old Switch Pro controllers. I can just hook up both the joy cons into the grip and I can use the pro controller. Then we could both play and that'll be fun. Like I'll be excited to play that with her, but I will be much more excited about Metro Prime or Beyond the Pokemon or some other game that comes with that. But speaking of Switch too, we know that we're gonna have the pre orders again set for April twenty four, so I guess everything just happy. We have the FBC Firebreak showcase on the twenty fourth, we have the Player Obscure coming on the twenty fourth, and we have the Switch to pre orders coming out twenty fourth. I'm sure there will be something else and now so the twenty fourth as well before we get through this week. But so as of now, I think it's Target and Walmart have both announced that midnight on the twenty fourth they will be pre orders. Best Bio technically has not announced that they're doing midnight. They are doing midnight release, so if you do pre order, you can go on release night. And game Stop is also doing it. You can go at twelve oh one and go get your console in person. Game Stop is doing eleven I wonder where game Stop chowse to make your way to eleven am Eastern.
Speaker 2: When the store is open. Yeah. Ye, the talent will come in the store more than yeah.
Speaker 1: They did say you can go in person as long as well as online to reserve, So you know, if you're like I still think that, like, if you can go in person and reserve. That's smart because you can do the paying piecemeal thing. You don't have to You just put the certain amount down, which it usually is fifty dollars for the console, and then you can pay however you want before you get to June. Even though you're not going to have the as big a window as they would have had if they would have gone on the ninth, but still at least they're they're giving you a little bit of window. The bad it is going to stay the same price. So I've now decided I'm just going to get the standalone console because I'm pretty sure the Mario cart World bundle will be scalped to hell, right, and I really don't at this point, Like you know, I think I actually have thirty dollars on my switch to on my regulars on the Nintendo account. Yeah, after I bought Lunar, I think I realized I had like twenty five. So I'm just gonna buy the just the game digitally when I get the switch to or whatever the bad thing is. This is where the price increases have come in already. Now. To be fair, I will point out that they said I think like three times in this announcement that at launch it will call this amount four. They did not rule out that at any point after the launch they will raise the price. And according to a source within uh SO, a video Game MYSELFE also has in their app, they have a guy that owns his own game store and he's owned it in like I think it's the Ohio Cincinnati, Ohio area. He's owned it for like I think twenty years, and he said according to a source that apparently Tony is not going to be alone and raising the price of their console. Microsoft will also be raising the price at the Xbox.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So even though Microsoft could eat the Microsoft is more has more money to eat.
Speaker 2: But you don't need eat by the console Xbox is anything.
Speaker 1: That's That's the thing I don't understand is like if people are not really buying your console that much, so you really need to raise the price on it. But you know, it is what it is with with with but so I would say that, Yeah, the thing where it's going to hit you the most is the accessories. So if you don't have any original switch accessories that you have around because you wanted to trade in everything that you have to get a switch to or at least get cash to be able to pay for your switch to the pro controller is now eighty five dollars instead of eighty. The switch to DOC is one hundred and twenty instead of now. Honestly, this is really just like privileged, Like if you really need another switch to DOC, I don't. I don't know why you And I guess if you have two houses and you need to have or you have two rooms and all you want to have to do is be able to put the switch down in one and then take the switch out and not have to remove the dock, I guess whatever. But yeah, that's one hundred and twenty dollars instead of one hundred and ten dollars. The joy Cons are now not ninety dollars yep, So basically, good lord, no, not ninety ninety five dollars. Excuse me? Uh yeah, ridiculous almost basically with tax one hundred dollars for if you want any extra joy Cons. Yeah yeah, with that family console like that, the joy Con two wheelset costs twenty five dollars. Basically everything went up five bucks. Essentially, the camera now costs fifty five geez. Yeah, So just get ready, just get ready, if you are one of those people that are just getting rid of all your switch when accessory, you can be paying a bunch of money. Maybe don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: You know damn what you can just get for just the switch and like a few things, keep some of your other things because you get dang man, the price on this thing is gonna go quick as farther accessories go. Maybe that means more accessories will be available, because you know, I don't think the scalper's gonna go nuts for this stuff when they know peop aren't going to buy it. But yeah, we'll see. Also, thanks to a third party publisher, we have now have confirmation completely of what the switch To edition key cards are going to be. So according to Marvelous, who's doing the Nintendo Switch To edition of Room Factory Guardians of a Zuma, the switch To Edition is going to be a red remember the switch To editions, and the key cards will have the red on top of it, yeah instead of the regular right. This is going to have a sixty four gigabyte game card that includes in full the Nintendo Switch game and the upgrade pack. There is no need to download the full game simply insert the card into either a Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch to console, and the correct version will launch automatically. So it will be like the series the smart Delivery thing for Xbox. You don't have to download anything. It will play off the cart you just and it will know automatically what system it's in. So that's cool. Does that give you that make you wanna buy more physical stuff for Switch too? You know if knowing that these things have like a smart chip in them or what.
Speaker 2: I said, the first thing they're gonna do is Gami slash characters in the switch to and see what happens.
Speaker 1: I hope it doesn't like break your act.
Speaker 2: That'll actually like the orbital targeting, and then this will just drop to my house or something.
Speaker 1: It's like we found out you put in the splash cart. You're going to jail right now?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hey, look that's cool. I'm I'm very happy for the people that love to buy stuff physically. Uh that it means that your cart will work as intended. You don't have to download something off of the now. Look, and not all of them are gonna work that that. I'm pretty sure that call of duty whenever it does show up on switch is not going to have the whole thing on the cart. I'd be very surprised their Fantasy seven remake, especially maybe not remake, but especially rebirth. Whenever it shows up, it will not be all on the cart. Tell you that right now, So just just get ready. You will download stuff. But that's cool that this does work against supposed just really quick because we have something that ties into Doug Bowser Here, Doug Bowser answers her question over the concern of no Mario at launch. He just says that, look, we have a long, long catalog, a long list of IP I'm sure it will make us way to the platform. It's coming. We know it's coming. I wouldn't be surprised if the June direct ends with Mario, now that you know all those launch games or Launch Window games will have launched at that point. For the most part, he does say that he pretty much expects the most, pretty much most Nintendo IP will come over to switch to What do you think how long do you think do you think for sure it's coming before we get out of this year?
Speaker 2: No, no, early next year.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they got that hot new Donkey Kong and Kirby game this year, So.
Speaker 1: Well, Donkey Kong is like what June.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Kirby's are at the same time.
Speaker 1: Did they announce their release date for air Rides or whatever they working? No, air Rides is not a launch game because they didn't even give a release date for that thing. The launch game is the uh where the Forgotten worlds with the DLC. Okay, yeah, sorry, but I mean they don't have that. I think pokeon Pokemon might be the only like, uh fall game, and then that's it because uh Metros coming like pretty quick after which Sea launches. So I'm still gonna go with the bet that Mario is a November that's the fall game for switch To.
Speaker 2: No, here's one more level, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like here's the switch to edition of Mario Odyssey, and.
Speaker 2: Like here's Mario GPS coordinating or you know doing that dumb legend of the crab.
Speaker 1: That would be very disappointing if it was. But you know that, the thought is that who's working on it, because supposed to the Odyssey team is the one working on Donkey Kong Bonanza, even though we don't know officially because intend it doesn't like to reveal who's working on games. But the idea, the thought is that for sure it is the Odyssey team working on Bonanza. So do they have another new team working on uh, you know, this Mario game or is it like they split the teams off or something that would be interesting to note. So, you know, there was a comment done by shoe Hey Yoshida now that he's you know mom or Sony, he can talk right a lot more. You mentioned that he feels Nintendo has lost their identity because they are essentially just they're doing a switch to like that's not when Zeno does, right, They like to innovate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, going on.
Speaker 1: No, I mean what do you do you think he's do you think he's right?
Speaker 2: Or yeah, like think about the only time they like because I heard Jeff Gerson talking about this like last week. He was like talking about like, you know, it seems like the Superintendo was just like a better Nintendo like back in the day. Yeah, but it's like, yeah, that's a very iterative or that's a very noticeable step up and quality going from eight deck to sixteen bit right and then adding you know, uh, four more buttons on the controller, you know, And I think the name is bad, like the switch to the call. Should have called it like the Super Switch, or you know, give it some kind of fun name.
Speaker 1: Also, should I mentioned they roped Paul Rudd back from those Super Nintendo that was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should have got Jenny Lewis from The Wizard movie as well. But yeah, it's just I mean, the probably all the business stuff doesn't help. But yeah, it's just like just another thing. You know, if you if you even if you did like a cursory look at it, it's like, this looks like the same the same way I just had. I mean, I guess it's bigger, but like and then then going like, hey, it'll run Cyberpunk and it'll run Final Fantay seven remake.
Speaker 1: It's like, which they've officially announced that Cyberpunk is using DLSS. Yeah, so we know it is, even though Nvidia has said it. Nintendo hasn't officially said those words, but cyber funk is or has revealed that they are using it, even though you know, we all knew about it at this point. But like, that's the funny thing is they said they didn't want to call it the Super Nintendo Switch. They didn't want to call it the super Switch, because they didn't want people to think that it was just a upgrade from but you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I would rather to call the super switch or like the hyper switch or some some nickname or something. Then here's a switch to and hey, in seven years we'll get to switch three maybe and that'll have it, that'll have the raccoon.
Speaker 1: Suit or you know, you know, I could see their reasoning with that is because they don't they're so scared to have another we U moment right right, Like that.
Speaker 2: Was a that was a like, uh, I mean the problem to we you it'siding a lot of other things. Yeah, it just felt like an add on or you know that they didn't position it correctly. But people already know what the switch to is going to be, so why not give it like a cool sign and name or something unique. Then here's this black console or black tablet with these black joy coons and no fun allowed to print it in the box somewhere like.
Speaker 1: Oh another thing, I forgot to mention the the Ambo for a street Fighter. Yeah, those things went up to like forty dollars.
Speaker 2: Yep, geez, I know the good reason to have that. The Amibo puck thing in the Power Save Puck that I got Weakness program to be any Amibo.
Speaker 1: At first, I was kind of surprised that they actually made the amibo, like that thing is going to actually work with a mebo. I thought that they you know, the rumors were at the beginning that they didn't have the MP the NFC technology or whatever in it. Right, But that's cool that they have brought it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but for what reason? Like only so few games.
Speaker 1: Because they want to sell they want to sell mebo to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they don't do. I mean, it's even less than like Skylanders or Disney like even like the nintended to use a nebos, like use them so badly, like no Wonder, no Wonder people. I mean, if you were smart, got to think I got that weird Bootsy power disc things. You can just say, any nebo do it? Yeah, because they're so it's so bad. It's like, I'm not gonna give you it's a mean though, is even like somewhat posable maybe, but it's just like a figure. It's like, okay, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right about that, but I feel buy them just to have a collection. Yeah, Okay, Nintendo made these things that I want to have them all.
Speaker 2: They are the kings of making. You got to catch them all.
Speaker 1: So I had the Pikachi one somewhere.
Speaker 2: I mean I have like three or four of them, and it pissed me off. I actually spent like seventy bucks on one, and then like a month later they re released it. So, yeah, fuck you.
Speaker 1: I thought about that for this. That don't Blade two one.
Speaker 2: Mine Mine was the on the Joker one.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah but you Oh so you end up paying like seventy bucks for that thing then they re release it. Yeah, oh wow, I'm sorry. Yep, So I should have mentioned that this was so when Shuehey was on the Easy Allies, he did he did the actual like reaction stream with the min Max folks. Then he went on Easy Allies to do kind of like a reaction thing on there, and that's where he said this quote where he says to me, uh, the Nintendo switch to announcement direct was a mixed message from Nintendo, and I think I think Nintendo's losing their identity in my opinion. For me, they were always about creating some new experience, like designing hardware and games together to create something an amazing new experience. But switch to, as we all anticipate, is a better switch. It's larger screen, more powerful, and because it's a better switch, this core promise of the whole switch too is we made things better, and that's something other companies have been doing all the time.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I you know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if I completely agree with that that last part, but yeah, like what's new, but switch to? What has you excited? Well?
Speaker 1: The mouse controls, right, that is kind of innovative. What let's see if anybody comes up with something cool with that.
Speaker 2: You know, no one will. I mean even that basketball game looks looks bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, that looks terrible. But honestly, you know, there's two games that are uh one of them was shown at that Galaxy showcase from the talk about it a little bit later, and then they just showed it at the Triple I showcase a rematch. There's two games that already are doing that way better.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then this thing is only dealing with mouse controls, and that that's somebody recipe for for just you, I mean Dumpster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of have a decent gaming laptop and when you play game time it do you prefer to play with a mouse and keyboard or a game pad.
Speaker 1: I always play with the controller, but that's because I don't like playing. I'm not used to playing on PC at all.
Speaker 3: I'm not a wave like okay, but even like you know, I think has been a mouse on like you know, your desk or that's one thing, but like then they're high.
Speaker 2: They're high idea like you can use the mouse in your on your leg, you know, the rooftop party. It's like, no one's going to do this, are you guys high?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I don't know that in a multiplayer setting. I think maybe Mario Party using as a gimmick is fine to play some of the games right, to add some kind of more fun in there. I think Metro Prime having that as an ultimate way to play if you like to do keyboard mouse, which I could see them doing a USB where you could plug in a USB keyboard eventually if you want.
Speaker 2: But I mean, if it comes onime to that, just really release a goddamn game on scheme, you know, well, you know, tell for forty dollars or something and be like, hey, he's trying to play metroc Prime for it is a keyboard and mouse. Here you go but like the problem with the mount with their version of the mouse, also it has no inherent dead own right. And you know the table at your desk is one thing, because you know it's a solid object that you don't right. But like you're taking the mouse, you're going to your doc. Can you imagine you're going to your doctor's office, which I switched to sitting in sitting in an intersection area and then busting out both joy cons for mouse controls for Metroid prime for you're stupid, You're gonna look.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean no, but hold on, nobody unless you're like a kid, nobody's doing that, like you know, I mean, no, I'm not so okay, I pulled out my switch and I would get made fun of because you know, different culture here. Uh that's you.
Speaker 2: Know, not the mouse part.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna pull I'm not gonna pull the mouse part out. I'm telling you that right now. I'm not doing that in a public place. I'm not doing that. And I don't think any outside of the park. If I went to the park for some reason to play my switch to which you know that was a big deal with the switch win reveal. I'm not doing that either. I'm just saying at my house if I wanted to, if it's the way you play the game, whether I'm playing on my TV or I'm playing tabletop or whatever, whatever, I'll use it if the game is good enough. Right, I'm not gonna play I might play Metro Prime that way if I was reviewing it or something, just to see what it's like. But I don't play games with mouse and keyboard that much. I'm not a good use case for it. I do know a lot of people that they love playing games off PC. I could see how this is cool. I could see how a strategy game works for that, right, Like I could see how SIB seven you want to play that with a mouse and keyboard because you're used to that, right, It does open and endo.
Speaker 2: Up for You're not going to play SIVE seven on the switch to on the.
Speaker 1: Go, And well you might, but even if you are at that point, you're using controls. You know I'm not.
Speaker 2: And then also like what you know five seven came to PS five and Xbox, Like, what do you think the breakdown is of sales for that game? Between Steam or you know, PC slash Steam, PS five and Xbox.
Speaker 1: Well switch one also.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm still going to go ninety five. I'm PC and the other five percent divided up between the other four consoles or three consoles, I would say.
Speaker 1: More like name, but switch is probably way down on the switch is like one percent, like the only people that that have that or I only all want to switch one and that's it.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, and those those people aren't SID fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree that they're not. No, Well, you know, my thing is he's right in a sense. He's right in a sense that Okay, this is not overly innovative. But Nintendo does this with their number two with their two consoles, right super Nintendo from the ny S, the S and E s to the sixty fourths of the GameCube, now switch one to switch to DS to three DS. This is what they do, right. They don't have a real like they are still even though the Steam deck is out there and the rag ally and all that stuff, all that stuff is still niche compared to the switch one. Okay, so until they are no longer the dominant. And that's the problem with the Nintendo has right now, right, is that they did the smart thing which we I think everybody in the world can agree that the smart thing was we have to combine our handheld market and our console market, because nobody is going to get to the point where people are not gonna buy both anywhere, right unless Nintendo did something like remember what somebody did with the with the portal, Right.
Speaker 2: Remember when the switch one got announced and they're like, oh, this three d istilling important.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's because at that point they don't know that it's a switch one, it's going to be amazing or not. But now that it now that it took the world by storm, sold one hundred and fifty million consoles, they kind of owe it to everybody, they even know it to themselves to continue that trend, especially when you're trying to, you know, be Disney and have a Nintendo World and have Nintendo Movies and have all this other stuff. You gotta keep being successful with your console. So I don't and honestly, like, what else is there to innovate on? What else is there to including a console with it?
Speaker 2: I should have get a idea for that. Remember the Samsung Gear VR. Yeah, do something like that.
Speaker 1: But who's okay, the masses don't want VR.
Speaker 2: No, but if you if you included if you Nintendo released like you know dr right, well, i'd have to be more substantial than some piece of shitty cardboard, like how you do have it like you know, be plastic or be durable. But imagine it's if it's like, okay, every game has a VR mode and you can use it how you want. If they want to have like special VR options, it's one thing. But if you just want to have it, you know, playing the game with a big ass screen in front of your eyes, into the wast from your eyes, go at it.
Speaker 1: But then you also have to introduce the VR peral, right to be able to the what sorry you have to use you have to then announce a separate VR peripheral that isn't either included in the with the system or doesn't cost two hundred right.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you put in you put the switch into this thing basically like a plastic shroud for the for the switch to like right in front of your eyes. Like that's that's what the gear VR was. Basically, It's just like here's this plastic thing you slide your phone into.
Speaker 1: But you would think that Sonny would have done that, but.
Speaker 2: It Sonny doesn't have a handheld device.
Speaker 1: I mean, right, but you would think that, like, you know, Sony's next thing would be, let's tie They're not thinking about tying VR to the PlayStation six right. If anything, they're thinking about tying a handheld again, which they stopped doing.
Speaker 2: That's because Sony, you need the PS five the hard Like, Yeah, the PSVR is basically like a few screens, and it means all the processing power from you know, the PS five make it work. The switch, it's the screen literally is the processing power. So yeah, it's a lot easier and you just use the joy cons and play games that way.
Speaker 1: I just think that that's a cool novelty.
Speaker 2: I just suppose.
Speaker 1: I don't know where that gaming is ever going to become. We can want the ready player one thing all we want, but I just I don't think it's going to ever become that. If it was, there'd be way more people buying in the VR.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's bigger than it was when the psv R one came out. And I understand Medicquest with that wireless you know, with the medic Quest three that they're on now is selling decently, even though they've taken hits recently because they haven't been selling like they were. You know, I think that's a good idea in theory. I just don't beyond that, like what else. That's the problem that all the other consoles have right now is it's all diminishing returns. It's all does it really look? Does the PS five actually look a million times better than the PS four?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yes, I pro yes does right, But so does the PC, which a lot more people are just going to buying PCs at this point. And I think that's also.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: PC is where we're seeing growth more than the consoles, right.
Speaker 2: Because he is also where you expected to spend two thousand dollars in a video card. Right.
Speaker 1: But the thing that's cool with PC is that once you spend the whatever it is you're going to spend, you can play those games for a while, and then it gets to a certain point where there's a certain category. You won't be able to play the most brand new, amazing games after a while, but you'll be able to play a certain level of game for as long as you own that PC U and you know, until you f grade then whatever. But yeah, it's and also that's where a lot of a lot of the highest number of sales happen on people, right, and people are starting to kind of become connizant of that, especially not Nintendo. That never, if they do sales, it's all third party. You might have one first party game in the entire lineup of a sale, and the only time that they do a sale which they consider a sale is like fifteen bucks off on Black Friday, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So like my original I guess I deal with this is that I do think shoe Hay is right in an instance, and that yes, this is very unlike Nintendo. Just do the next thing, promote how powerful it is, talk about al it does one hundred and twenty fps. And they still didn't go full boar with it, right They They still said, Okay, if somebody wants to hear about the specs of the console, we're not talking about it. You can go over to video or whatever. We may not know at all from Nintendo ever about those specs. That that's going to come when people actually get the hardware and break it down and all that kind of stuff whatever, and we'll find out what kind of chip it has and what it does and all that stuff and digital foundery those O that stuff, and I kind of understand that, but I do think that kind of they are trying something with the mouse controls. Let's see if that ever pans out. It could just be like that hc rumble where it was like nothing who cares, right, And you know, they did do some innovative stuff like ring fit Lavo didn't catch on that they wanted to, And this is just the launch of the castle, right, they could have some other stuff planned out that that we don't know about yet to do with the mouse controls or with something else. So I just yeah, gone, I don't know. I just think that they're kind of like stuck in a situation where they had to do switch to so.
Speaker 2: My VR thing, my VR idea, they should. They should release that headset thing I was talking about and called the Virtual Boy too.
Speaker 1: Except to have colors this time that like red and black and exactly you know you're seeing. Just that was.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, not at the same time, mind you, But when I was a kid, I had two different Virtual Boys.
Speaker 1: I had an uncle that had one. I played Mario Tennis on it, I think, and that's the only.
Speaker 2: Thing I ever ever playing on that I have like Mario Tennis and then read alert and I was.
Speaker 1: Like okay, yep, and I remember going and okay, this is cool. I don't want to have my face shoved in this thing constantly, and I stopped playing it.
Speaker 2: I used mine laying down and that team worked really well.
Speaker 1: That's how I played it too, was laying down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you did n't your desk, you know, no.
Speaker 1: No, it's sitting down. Didn't that work? I had to have it like on the floor, laying down of my belly and playing right. But but yeah, I mean, what do you get? What is anybody watching listening later? What do you all think? Do you think Nintendo had no choice? They they couldn't innovate this time? Hey, right, like.
Speaker 2: You know, they're a victim of their own success. But also like yeah, I think the them just going like here's another switch and it has you know, thirty more processing power or age percent or whatever, and games that came out five years ago can run this thing now. It's like cool, Uh what else you got? You know? Like, yeah, I know, here's the thing I know that like if you get a switch to I can one percent guarantee you're gonna get fund of fantasy seven integrated for it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not because as much as I would love to play like Remake and Rebirth, which I probably will play them before when we when we once we know when part three is coming, I'm not spending seventy dollars on a game. Way See, here's the problem. Here's the problem with with switch to and knowing the games are gonna be full price at launch and they're probably not gonna come down for a while. Is I'm not paying full price for a game that you can find for like what forty or twenty bucks or less on PSI right now, Like I'm not doing that. Games cost too much money right now. I'm not doing that anymore. I It is one thing to buy a twenty dollars version of Fall Fantasy seven again on multiple consoles or whatever. I'm not doing that for a sixty seventy dollars game.
Speaker 2: Like you know, if you saved that money, you would have more money to his switch too.
Speaker 1: That was a long time ago. I would have been spent on something else. What are you talking about? But no, honestly, I do I do think that, Like my issue with Nintendo is is more about losing personality, not so much, it's the they feel very corporate, and Doug Bowser emphasizes that that's why I have him in the picture of the thumbnail very much emphasizes like, we are very corporate. This is what we do. We decide the price. We talked about this, talk about that we don't have that personality anymore. Just like that you lost with the WATA and Reggie unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Kind of clean up Reggie and get him back back in the saddle.
Speaker 1: It's duck. It's like even even Reggie talking about Like I was watching that Playing with Power documentary that's on Amazon that goes through the whole history of Nintendo, and they actually do a really good job of talking about like how Sega and Sony as well, and when they were competing, you know, competing with them, and Reggie's on there, and like I was like, man, I miss him talking about Nintendo, Like I miss the way he does it, that the way he can make you dude, Like even when he's like super serious talking about we you and like you could tell that like he doesn't have a lot to go on here.
Speaker 2: It's still Yeah, I don't think Reggie, like I don't think Reggie is like ever a quote unquote gamer, but the same way I don't think like you know, Sean Laden was either from Sony, but like they can make you believe in their product and the people they have now on pretty much all sides don't do that for yeah, you know, and he doesn't have you know, they have Doug Bobser, but he sucks.
Speaker 1: And he's like dog Bos is great to go talk to CNN and CNBC and all that stuff, right, talk to the business people, but he's not great to talk to the gamers. Is why he normally doesn't. He doesn't come out there, and he's not on the Nintendo directs, right, I mean it's all done with the Japanese the same reason.
Speaker 2: Why, like you know that one direct I think that Nintendo did like six well a decade ago with the Muppets. Yeah, like that that was such a like fun and funny thing that they did, you know Reggie, uh you know, yeah, and like two of those guys are gone and the other guy, I mean, he's not very tired, but he's so like way up the echelon.
Speaker 1: He's just got his mind on other things, right, He's he's doing the other parts of Nintendo. He's doing the Mario the Nintendo World, he's doing the Maria movie, he's doing you know, the Mario two movie. You know, he's doing all the other stuff, right, the Nintendo app whatever, and you know he's not developed anymore. So it's right. I mean, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Fact that like doesn't want people to like know who's making their games, it's like weird, like extra weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's also right, It's yeah, it just it's it's just kind of sad to see that a little bit. And that's the part that it's an issue with me. As far as they definitely do want to see more grown up, it feels like with this iteration switch right, right, they want to appeal to the hardcore gamer. Obviously still have things for kids, right, but it did, and and families. Obviously the game chat thing is also them trying to, you know, say that you can do that with your family, all that kind of stuff. But it's just like it does feel like some of that identity is lost. We are now just another one of these consoles, but you can it's handheld. It will be very interesting what happens when if Xbox Sony come out with their systems and they there, and a part of them is also essentially a switch, but it's got Sony branding or Xbox branding on it. Will that force Nintendo to once again have to feel like, Okay, we've done all we can here, let's move on to something else. I do wonder if there's gonna be always some version of the switch, because they have to have that handheld part because they are Nintendo and they have to have the game Boy essentially something part of that. Right, Maybe the switch then becomes the switch will be able to play those games, but if you want to play the best version, it's whatever.
Speaker 2: This other thing that's what That's what they should have called the switch one instead of calling switches. Should call it the game Boy six. And could the game Boy seven with the switch to start going to you think five is advanced out the game Boy nine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they call it. They could have called it the switch advanced right, right, all right, But that's that's enough of that. You guys leave what you think in your comments, whether you're defense Nintendo on that. Also, I think the variable pricing thing is also very it's very corporate from them, all right. So another big thing that happened in the week previously is Respawn and bit Reactor got to reveal during the Star Wars celebration that Zero Company the Star Wars strategy game, which is set to release in twenty twenty six or PC, PlayStation five and Xbox Series X and S. I wonder if that will come to switch to at some point. What did you think? They They showed off a two minute trailer and then they they had a panel that was done by Lucy James from Gainspot. She was MCing it and they had various spel from various parts of somebody from Respawn, Kobe were from bit Reactor, and then some folks from somebody from EA and also from Lucasfilm. Right, what did you think from what we saw?
Speaker 2: I didn't watch the panel, but I did watch the trailer and, like one or two of the news stories about it, the game itself looks fine, you know. It looks like Star Wars x coom, you know, with like slightly more actually bent to it, but you can still recognizing a lot of the excamps in it. My problem is, I don't give a fuck about the Clone Wars, and more to the point, I'm really tired of Star Wars being in this very narrow seventy year period, and I know the Acolyte was like one hundred years before Star Wars, but like on episode one, episode nine, it's like seventy years and everything takes place in that seventy year period, and I'm tired of it. I want them to move the hell forward. And I know that stupid uh Ryan Gosling movie is supposed to be, like oh it's a few months later after episode nine. It's like, how about like ten years later or you know, one hundred, Like why are we sitting so tied to this?
Speaker 1: Because you know they want to do episode ten and do whatever right after what happened there, even though they said they're not done with that, they're done with the Skywalkers or whatever. They be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my point. It's like, yo, Darth Vader are gonna show up in this thing? My magic Eth Paul says yes, because he shows up and everything. You know. Yeah, so yeah, it's just there have been long debates, but like which is better Star Trek or Star Wars? And you can debate the quality, but like from a moving forward, the fiction forward aspect, it's clearly Star Trek because Star Wars is still mired in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that the TV shows have been good to do things and move things.
Speaker 2: Hey, I you know Alex Mandalorian, because it's very at least attempted, at least the first season. He's like not part of Star Wars at all, and they've only been in like you know, Loop Skywalker and a Soak and all that crap into it like later on. But like and I've heard a hand or sign, but like, it's still a prequel of a prequel that I don't care about in the first place.
Speaker 1: So I know how this ends, right, fair enough, to be fair, it is a standalone story of it's set in some deep thing within the Clone Wars, right, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 2: It's just I just think Star Wars it's just so limiting. It's like I want they could be telling so many cool and unique stories. Like I still think the best Star Wars thing, from like a story perspective is still Go to War because that was like literally thousands of years before Star Wars, and it told a familiar but wholly unique story.
Speaker 1: Even have remember when they were gonna do uh at one point they were going to do an older Republic movie. Yeah, yeah, and that.
Speaker 2: Like all Star Wars movies that fell apart, because that's of course.
Speaker 1: It's just it's like they're so scared to do anything that they might possibly do a movie about at.
Speaker 2: Some that's right, you know, them going like, oh, the Ryan Gossing movie takes place a few months later after episode nine. It's like, no, make it like one hundred years later and then think about how much how much of the future you can mine from that, as opposed to our game takes place in seventeen bby and you know the sequel takes place in sixteen bby. We're gonna catch up to the battle battle ag Yeah, and eventually sure, so right, but.
Speaker 1: The game play looked good. You know, you can fully customize your party with various different uh you know, races of different Star Wars characters. They did have different Star Wars characters in that trailer.
Speaker 2: I just I just want to have like a HUT character and haven't taken off like half the battlefield. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I could totally see this thing getting like DLC with different characters. That's not in the game.
Speaker 2: Eventually, You're not you're not thinking enough. Not even different characters, it's different skins that too. You can unlock what's his name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna Lockland, you lock Anakin, and.
Speaker 2: You can un lock Lando. But here he is from Solo and then here he is all old you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah man, you know of course it's ea bro. They're gonna try to get you know, they're gonna do this all they can.
Speaker 2: Older Orlando from episode nine.
Speaker 1: But no, I do think it's cool. Like, has there ever been a Star Wars tax game? The I think like this is.
Speaker 2: Not strategy games were not specifically tactics. Okay, I think it's called The Empire at War. It was an old PT game. But I was like, it's basically StarCraft, you know Star Wars guys.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's like, yeah, this is kind of it's this exists right, Like it's not something I would have thought Disney would sign off on. So because it's not a sexy game, right, this is not a sexy game. It's not a game. It's like somebody sees the game plan goes, oh my god, I'm want to play that. Right, the whole thing looks cool. So you see the game plan and it's like, oh, okay, this is a this is a strategy game, all right.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine this being like a lot of money if you can probably use a bunch of assets for maps and stuff. And also their last two sexy games, which would be Jedi Phone Order two, Uh, Star Wars Outlaws didn't exactly sell.
Speaker 1: That well Outlaws not ea, but yes.
Speaker 2: I mean Disney perpective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jen Sarva two did well enough that they Greenland Survivor three. I guess that's something. But yeah, it probably didn't sell well enough that they felt like they had to go back and make the old console versions or whatever. Yeah, like I could see this if you really like these kind of games. I could see this being a thing. Uh. You know a lot of people like that. I don't remember what the name of it is, that Marble one right, they didn't get Yeah, they came out like a terrible time, and.
Speaker 2: You know that was like not a tactics game because it had like that weird deck building happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the deck building. Yeah, but I mean it's still like for Axis right doing it, or you had those devs so you had it's kind of similar to this. We have people that have experienced different things doing this game. They seem to really they they talked a million times on that panel about how they're all Star Wars fans and they all I want to see this succeed and do well, we'll see. They got a whole year. It's sometimes twenty twenty six doesn't even have a whole time frame, so we'll see when it comes out. Yeah, people are still waiting on if we're going to hear anything about the Culture remake or some other you know, a few other games that they're in the pipeline where as Star Wars goes. So but cool that we got to see this at least yep. But all right, a few more things, just really quick, since we're talking about you know, the Galaxy Far Far Away as we'll call talk about Galaxies showcase here. Look, there wasn't this was It's a new I don't know if they're a company, like a new publishing partner or what they are doing it, but this was brand new for this year. It's not you know, like some of the other ones that have done it in the past. So it was kind of interesting when I saw this, I was like, is this a video game show grease or what is this supposed to be? You know, so kind of the big there. This is all indies by the way, it's not you know, any like big third party publisher in here, but so some of the bigger things that they had to hear. Konami was in here publishing a remaster or I don't know what this is, or like a new version of Lily's World XD, which was like a nineties style like early web detective game with like all the like nineties looking PC web surfing stuff in it, so that looked kind of interesting. Great Player Obscure had another trailer, a new trailer. Paint Killer had a new game from Savor and nine and three D Rooms which is just like absolutely just doom dooming it up with different weapons and stuff, which looked cool. Powerwash Simulator too got a trailer with the devs talking about different new stuff that's going to be in the game. There's a Demon School got a new trailer as well. There's a swat game that's going to be only on PS five. An Xbox series called Ready or Not It comes out next year that looked really cool as well. An awesome game that comes out May twenty second called Deliver at All Costs, which literally just had people that or like delivery drivers with different like old cars like crashing into each other at different points. It looked I was like, okay, I was definitely missing a game like this where you're just crashing into shit. There's a Neon Abyss two that got a trailer. There's this cool, cool game. I don't know if it's been shown before, so I apologize if it's been shown before. I did not watch that whole I'm sorry. But like, I love the Mix Showcase now that they kind of do it with kind of funny and stuff, but Jesus, I can't with like the three hour showcase thing, Like it's you know, it's something you have to like watch little by little and it's after like the first thirty minutes and I find out it's like three hours. I can't too much. But there's this game it's called Unbeatable, and essentially it's like looks like an anime. It's a side scrolling game with rhythm beat up gameplay and an original soundtrack, and it's like the music is illegal, so you're doing crimes because you're trying to I guess legalize their music. And then when you get into battles, it's like all done with like rhythm based gameplay, and it looked awesome. So yeah, they did show the FBC firebreak in here. It had a cool trailer in there, and then this is where they announced the live stream that's happening on the twenty fourth. The game that I mentioned is called Vector Strike, which is essentially it looks exactly like Rocket League, but they do handball and like there's some like robotic arms or whatever that have like powers that are pushing the ball into the net. But it still looks better than whatever that thing was, the wheelchair game that's on switch right. And then also you got slow Cap doing Rematch, which is essentially soccer doing Rocket League, which looks better than both games. So you know, that's what I'm saying, Like that wheelchair basketball thing is not great. Uh, there's a pixel art fishing minigame, a fishing RPG called Nice Day for Fishing that looked cool. In this I was like, literally, they'll come up with anything. They showed another trailer for that fine gung Fu game that looked neat that they've shown at other showcases as well. There's a hacking game that look kind of looks like Hotline Miami, but you're hacking the kills instead. It's called dead Wire. That comes out. And then the game that did the one more thing with was the new game from Allegian Studios which has like x Doom and cod devs called Covenant, and it's in first person and it kind of looks like not medieval but like dark fantasy, I guess, with different weapons and stuff, not just guns. So yeah, some some neat stuff in there. Uh, it's only an hour. Also, if you're like one of those I likes to watch these things, it's kind of worth checking out. There's other games that I didn't mention, but you know, you can go check those out on one of those Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never heard heard of the the show until you mentioned it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They did it on Thursday, and it was kind of like, what, okay, this is a thing. Cool. Yeah, uh, just to get into Xbox for a little bit here. They didn't announce what's coming to Game Pass, which oh I didn't mention that. I did play Timpopo for a little bit. But if you like puzzle games and okay, so think about it like Captain Toad. If Captain Toad was a puzzle game, because essentially it's like you have to use there's like it gives you a certain number of squares that you have to figure out what goes and eat square so that the little pink puffball thing will won't fall down, it will go through and complete the level for you. Yeah, so you're like constructing the puzzle because you're the conductor. The little girl as the conductor, you're essentially conducting the music so the little tempopo things can go and complete the puzzle. I played like fifteen levels of that thing. It's it's pretty good for a game pass game, Like if you like puzzle games. It's not Blueprints or whatever. That's the whole other side of the spectrum. But you know, it's pretty good that's been out there. Also, you know again, Cleibscier comes out in twenty fourth, got Tower Born, which I'm kind of excited to try. That out comes down the twenty ninth on game Pass as well, Game Pass Ultimate, and then you get far Cry four, which they had Far Cry five last month, So I guess you'd be off to just like starting to unload old games into it. Uh, eighteen hundred comes out on May first, the first drop of an old Call of Duty game. Well, I guess MONA War for three was the first one. Monta war for two is now coming to game Pass on May first, and then Dredge comes on May sixth, uh, and definitely check out Dredge. You've not played that game, go play that. It's awesome. It's survival horror fishing and you will get addicted, So go play that. And then also just a shout out to some stuff. Leaving Thirsty Shooters is leaving Snaper Elite five, which they have the new DLC or the new game on there, so you don't necessarily need Snapper.
Speaker 2: Leap five.
Speaker 1: Have a nice death which I reviewed and it's a decent One of those rogue legs is leaping over. I meant to mention that wh you're talking about Indiana Jones, but Phil Spencer has officially said that they do see Life in Indiana Jones as a gaming franchise. He mentions that beyond Xbox and a PC and a master for four million players, at one point, it's now just really some p S five. You're playing it, show there's other people playing it. Disney had supposedly talked about green lighting a second game.
Speaker 2: So sure, yeah, why not.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna You've gotten through three Level three worlds, so you know, that's a positive for them. Uh did you see that.
Speaker 2: They based you just say, based on young Indiana Jones instead though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Did you see that they finally after all this stuff feels like every week we've been talking about the Oblivion remake, but that it's not going to have uh their own lives, the own like announcement stream right tomorrow or today whenever you're watcheeing this, I wonder if it's gonna shadow drop. Now everybody thought it was gonna shadow drop today.
Speaker 2: Should shadow drop, but the entire presentation should be like, oh, we're we're making Marrow and instead the better game.
Speaker 1: Not sadly they will just it will be that. Gotta deal with it. Also, Rebellion is happy with getting two million players for Adam Fall, which I still need to go back and play that. Yeah, but hey, that's cool people being positive about game Pass when they put their game in it. So right, that's a great thing. In the Minecraft movie once again doing great as far as box office goes at over five hundred million now in nine days or five hundred and like twenty million something like that. So yeah, I was watching the thing with the Game Kitchen guys, which they're doing the movie for clareup Skiers also getting a movie and they haven't even released the game, but Game Kitchen talked about how they will not do an adaptation if the original debs are not involved, and I thought that was that's great to hear.
Speaker 2: Thinking of that. Did you hear the other hot video game movie news today? No? I did not, And this is a good one, Michael Bay and Sydney Sweeny or teaming up to make an Outrun video game movie.
Speaker 1: I mean, what lore is there an Outrun aside from you race cars? Like that's one that's like, do we really need to have the essence of Outrun?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, Unforest family, it doesn't seem like so star and as she's just like producing it or something. But oh, okay, speaking of video game of video movies, do you know that that Until Dawn movie is hitting this week? What? And no, you haven't heard a damn thing about it?
Speaker 1: No, exactly. The only thing I saw was like YouTube asking if I would go watch that movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, that thing is kind of and there's been absolutely zero promotion or press about it at all.
Speaker 1: So I bet Myncraft movie will still outdo that movie.
Speaker 2: By yes, by no man, until Don's gonna break it. You're just thinking, you know, high enough, it's gonna be the first like trillion dollar movie.
Speaker 1: It will definitely probably get people to go buy that until Donnery Master, and that's probably about all that's gonna happen with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't like I didn't they sound like no. I think they used a trailer and everyone didn't like it.
Speaker 1: Like, It's just the thing is, the games are already so much like a movie. It's like, what are you gonna do with this? Like, I don't know, it's just okay, I guess I.
Speaker 2: Just don't see that. The last trailer was two months ago. That's not great. No, it's the movie, a movie that's coming out in four days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely not Yeah, but all right, just getting through a couple of things really quick. Sony has raised the press of PS plus and Canada. Yep, I'm sorry for the Canadian.
Speaker 2: England or England and Australia and all other players.
Speaker 1: Well that was the PS five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They've also raised the price a PS plus as well, and it's just like crazy, man. So this is the second time the Canadian players have seen the PS plus rise. Yeah, so now, uh, you're gonna have to pay one hundred and ninety Canadian dollars to get a whole year's worth of just ps plus extra. It's two hundred and twenty four ninety nine if you want to get premium for twelve months. Uh, and then one o nine ninety nine if you want to get just the essential to have online play and get the free games.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So esh, I don't know if that means that the monthly price goes up, but yeah, that that sucks for everybody that buys it yearly.
Speaker 2: For sure cards now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure and stock them up now. Funk Com is delayed doing Awakening until June tenth. It was supposed to release May twentieth. Is not going to release June tenth. You can still get it on June fifth if you do the early early access, the head start access, or whatever the heck they call it. This games looked interesting every time I've seen it. I don't know that I'm gonna play it.
Speaker 2: I mean, how big in the dune? Are you?
Speaker 1: Not? Not big?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, to be fair, I've always said I'm going to read the book. It doesn't happen. I tried to watch the first movie. I was just like totally lost.
Speaker 2: Watch the old movie instead. That makes it way better.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you being seriously just joking both? Okay, so I've heard there's isn't there like a is it on now or is it like coming later? There's like a show also for Dune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I match prequel. Yeah, but I think it has an actress I like in it, but I don't care about doing take care.
Speaker 1: Of Also, the Vaulver Digital released their top ten game franchises. Cults of the Lamb Probably No Surprise is number one. It's made more than ninety million dollars. Astra Neeer is number two at eighty million, and then Serious Sam or Stronghold is number three, and then Serious Sam. Of course, Stronghold and Serious Sam have nine and eleven games between them. It's pretty amazing that Cult of the Lamb and Astronir, who only have likes getting there what their second game pretty soon?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Is it like a DLC or something?
Speaker 2: The Lamp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cults of the Lamb, h Well Air is getting that sequel that comes out this year. Enter the Gungeon two is also getting a sequel, which you know Gungeon was was in there, and then you know a talas principal also has the sequel, and they just got that Remass so they came out last week as well. Yeah, you know that's done well for them. So, you know, Devolver say what you will. Some people say they're not an indie publisher anymore. I saw a lot of that today when they released this thing. But they said that their focus is on you know, established franchises now, so they may not you may not see them go after like doing a lot of new stuff, so a lot more established things like you know, that's why we get into the Gungeon two and Monster Trained two and astron Ear expeditions, and but they're still doing new stuff like Skatesto and Baby Steps and four Strike, so.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, you make sequels to the established franchises to generate money to experiment with with new franchises. This ain't hard, yeah, So.
Speaker 1: I mean credit to them for still going being around and helping out indies and doing things. You know, I always enjoyed develp and their stuff. They make greg they published great games, so and they know they know how to pick they they know how to see stars for sure, they they pick them. They do a good job of picking the ones that they know. Will a lot of indie darwins end up coming from Devolvers. Sure, but all right, I think that's gonna do it for the episode today, we will do the usual ending at how we normally end the show with the games that are coming out uh this week. Obviously I've talked about it, I think like four times during this episode. But you know, Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three comes out on the twenty fourth. If you didn't know already, that will be a game that if you're not sitting there trying to pre order your switch to a lot of people are going to be going nuts with that game. I also got Fatal Furious City of the Wolves coming out that same day, big for the fight. You're you uh to the Fatal Fury.
Speaker 2: No, that's another sm K for Chi. Nope, not for me.
Speaker 1: I wonder how much sm K paid to be on the ring mat to WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: It's all Saudi Arabia money, so probably.
Speaker 1: Not that's true.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: It is Saudi Arabia money. H steel Seed comes out the twenty second, that is going to be on PC, Xbox and PS five. Uh.
Speaker 2: We got.
Speaker 1: The uh what's called Day's Gone Remastered. It's coming out of the twenty fifth, along with four five coming to PS five. I think I don't own Days Gone, so I was gonna say it's gonna be a ten dollar remaster, but I think I owned that.
Speaker 2: I own it and still won't pay the ten dollars, so.
Speaker 1: That Command and conquer Uh Spiritual successor game. Tempest Rising comes out on PC on the twenty fourth as well. Line Last Defense Academy comes out on switching PC. This has gotten good reviews. It's like a visual novel with strategy game in it. Yasha lecens of the Demon Blake Coming to Everything also comes out in the twenty fourth. It's like an anime like action RPG kind of thing, you know, a bad Lands Crew, which just looked kind of interesting. It comes out of the on PC. Will of Goo comes out the PS five on the twenty fifth. Fragpunk finally comes to consolet of getting delayed the same day it was gonna release and it's only been on PC. Finally comes to Xbox, will be on Game Pass as well and on PS five, and Moto GP comes out on April thirtieth. If you've been waiting for Moto GP twenty five. Oh yeah, there, there you go.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the one the introduced to Johnson, the story mode and the tribal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we're all waiting on there for sure. But all right, thank you every ready for joining us or whether you're watch live, listen later, wats later if you appreciate your going subscribe, like follow all that stuff that helps out a lot, check out the other stuff we have on the channel or the other shows Radlets and Talking Cafe, and we'll see y'all later later,