Speaker 1: How about uh the Bachelor, Ben I heard with epic with our show.
Speaker 2: You're gonna ruling it be, except with similar free pursuing it toddled out Shaw Shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at day Eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status, Howard starting to get craddic shows that enough multiply like a rabbit. Tune in, zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm wonn I hang out with her friends rocking on the radio.
Speaker 1: My home boys gin.
Speaker 3: Talking on the radio. It's time to to this SPONSI all we go Kat to the stream up and hold up on my radio.
Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, I love that intro.
Speaker 4: The Rangers are getting smoked today five zip in Boston.
Speaker 1: Brett Boone is failing the Rangers offense today.
Speaker 4: You gotta get him out of here. Chris Young is impatient. I don't think Boone sees Friday right by the way. I do listen to the fan quite a bit. We haven't worked there in many years now, and I just driving around. I'll tune in over there and see what's going on. And I always catch a Bruce Bochie interview. Always listening to being interviewed. I love listening to him talk the skipper of the Texas Rangers. He sounds like a big old teddy bear. Do an invitation of him.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me think about it.
Speaker 5: He's like, well, you know, we're what we do for you, Like our guy's got to hit better, and they will, and I feel like that's part of the game. Sometimes you don't hit well and sometimes you do. Sometimes the ball drops in and sometimes it doesn't. But it's okay when it doesn't, because it will someday and it'll fall in for you.
Speaker 1: So we just got to stay after it.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't we on our show do a weekly called the Bruce Botchie Ball Show Boachie Ball.
Speaker 5: Way, we could. We could have fun with it, and we will. But sometimes it doesn't get fun. And if it's not, then you don't do it. But if it is, you keep doing it.
Speaker 4: It is the perspective of a old man that's just wise and has seen it all and doesn't care about anything. He's not he's on the air, he's not here non plus by anything, though, right.
Speaker 1: Wild ass really guys. Hedgy was writing down the number of games left on his ass. Well, you know, he wrote that number on his butt cheek and it was.
Speaker 5: A funny thing to do. And writing on butt cheeks happen sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't happen and no one finds out. And it's fine either way.
Speaker 1: You say, show them the ass, Heedgy Hedgie, show him the ass.
Speaker 4: I might have it. Go Ranger, Yeah, go Rachel, I'm coming up in ten minutes. Things skin weight is tracking.
Speaker 1: Uh. I gotta tell you guys something that happened to me today.
Speaker 4: So when I was uh so, the other day, we saw Zach Martin and we saw him at the Travis Frederick charity event. He retired, one of the all time cowboy greats, and he looks so good, and he was like, dude, what are you What are you doing? What are you doing? How'd you fin out so much?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: What are you doing? He's like, he goes, Honestly, man, I'm just walking. I'm just going for walks around my neighborhood. I was like, good lord, that's in credit. I keep hearing people keep saying I just go for a walk, that's all I do. And I'm like, dang it, I need to do that. There's no excuse for not walking. It's not hard to do. All you got to do is have a little bit of time go for a walk. And so I started, it's really good for you, dude. I'm glad you're doing that. So I started going to do that. So I started going for walks. And so today I was just going for a walk around my neighborhood and I was talking to you on the phone's skin and I was listening to a podcast, and I got a call from the Great Jean Briquet of Franklin Frankel, and he was coming in the neighborhood. He was like, Hey, I'm actually gonna be in your neighborhood. I'm buying a bike from somebody. Turns out he bought a bike from somebody who having to live up in our area and they wanted to meet at the nook in Light Farms, right, And so I just went up there and met him for a while, and as by the way, I was just walking around the neighborhood and I was finished with my walk when Jane got there. Once he bought the bike, I was like, can you drop me off at my house? But it was literally thirty yards away. Were you stopping and looking over fences and stuff.
Speaker 1: No, but I was.
Speaker 4: I started scratching my eyes. I was like, man, my allergies are going nuts right now. And I'm like, maybe it's just because I've been outside. So I go home and I'm at home and I'm like, God, I'm gonna take my second allergy pill of the day. I recently got these eye drops cause last week my allergies will bothering me. So I got these eye drops because my eyes were just itching so much. And I went to go look at my eyes in the mirror, and my whole face and arms had broken out in hives, so like at my wrists. Both my wrists looked like they were it was poison ivy. It was hives like that bright red. And I was like, what the hell is going on? And you know, it's really odd when you look in the mirror and your face is like in a rash. It's like breaking out from something that's not right with you. And I was like, oh my God, Like what is this gonna get worse?
Speaker 1: Did you do any motor boating? No?
Speaker 4: I mean there was no I you know, and I hadn't eaten anything, so it wasn't anything that I ate. I was outside on long walk outside, so I looked at some research on it. It could have been an insect if my wife changed the detergent.
Speaker 1: It's possible that.
Speaker 4: It could have been an allergic reaction to whatever clothes I was wearing. I don't know, but when you pull the shirt over your face or whatever I do, I am. I do have pretty strong allergies. Like if she changes soap, like, oh, it'll be a big rate. So like I keep the same soap year after year after year after year. But anyways, I to this minute, I don't know what it was that caused it, but it was. It was so much that I thought I was going to miss the show.
Speaker 1: Could you bend a drill?
Speaker 4: We have some generic allergy medicine because my wife saves money at every turn, so it's generic allergy meds. And I've taken three of those now today. What you're only supposed to take one per day. Yeah, that causes impotence, and I'm over I need that. I have too many kids, and I'm overdosing, overdosing on eye drops.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I tend to do this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if there's a lot of if people are similar to me, or if you guys are. But let's say that you're you're not feeling well and there's something you can take for the symptoms. If I take the first dose and it doesn't go away immediately, I just take as many doses as I want with no consultation from a position.
Speaker 1: I probably overdose on every medicine I I don't.
Speaker 4: I usually take the recommended dosage. But also, like, you're a big dude, right, you got a big frame.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a normal person recommended dose.
Speaker 4: I think you can take a little bit more than what they recommend, plus your full throttle. You know what I'm saying, Right, I've seen you crush of all kinds of stuff and snorted, so I would be you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they should put big and tall directions on medicine, right, it's right if you're directions. If you're this size, take this much. If not, take the whole bottle? Right, Yeah, are you a normal sized faller, take this if not?
Speaker 6: But more.
Speaker 7: They do do that for dogs too, though, like they have the pounds on their Yeah.
Speaker 4: Whatever, right, they couldn't know why they don't do that, but I did. Uh, I am feeling better so I'm gonna be good to go. A little bit later in the show, at five forty, we're gonna get into the George Pickens thing.
Speaker 1: I'm fascinated by this, you know.
Speaker 4: I've had time to think about it now, and I think my initial reaction was I've pretended that all the warts that are there for the guy are gone now that he's a cowboy, and he won't have any issues. It's a highly controversial player who gets into all sorts of trouble like and creates chaos within his own organization, and they've got him in a contract year.
Speaker 1: So is he going to be on his best behavior? Maybe?
Speaker 4: I don't know that there's a long term fit here, and I don't know if the Cowboys even care, but I commend them for making this deal because he's going to be on this best behavior this year, and if he leaves because he wants a ton of money and he earns it, they may just say see you later because they can afford to pay him, and they'll use each other for one year, and the Cowboys will get a competed story pick when he leaves. So it may be as simple as that. I'll put it to you like this the way I look at these things after working in sportstock radio for pretty much the entirety of the des Bryant career arc, I'm not worried about anything, right, you know what I'm saying. It's like, there are some things that you can't overcome. But des Bryant was a guy that was wild ass quote unquote cause problems, all these things, But he had tons of teammates vouched for him, and he was great on the field and whenever you met him, he was a hell of a likable guy. And so even when there are these things that flare up, the great thing about football is if something does flare up on game day, you got a week until the next game, right, you know.
Speaker 1: But dude, he's gonna be good. They're gonna have an incredible one to two punch. Now. Yeah, I'm excited about the Cowboys season. I really am.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's an offense that can move up and down. The wild thing is, we know nothing about Shoudy.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: We know nothing about the coach and what his offense is gonna look like. We truly what is the track record to go off of? Like, what's the thing that you can go look in the past to go, oh, they're gonna be like this, not even clear what it was, right, Yeah, So this is actually in a lot of ways with all these weapons and trying to improve the offensive line, it's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: And they still haven't.
Speaker 4: And they still have a few needs to address, and maybe they'll continue to make moves or who knows, maybe they're off seasons not over coming up in less than four minutes, so for three minutes, Things skin Weight is Tracking.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take his skin.
Speaker 4: I've got some feedback on something we talked about yesterday. America has weighed in and they don't like it.
Speaker 1: Boo skins Track. Yeah, another edition of Things skin is Tracking. Thank you Shackleford.
Speaker 4: All right, yesterday we were talking about the use of AI to recreate nostalgic thing. So in this case, NBC on their NBA coverage is going to use the voice of a guy. I believe his name was Jim Fagan and he did all the vo stuff for the NBC NBA coverage in the nineties.
Speaker 1: So when they had that big.
Speaker 4: John Tesh song called round Ball Rock or whatever the hell that thing was called, he would be the vo guy. So if you were you know, like me in your twenties and the nineties, and you're watching the NBA on NBC and you saw Michael Jordan promo.
Speaker 1: You heard his voice.
Speaker 4: So, since NBA is going back on NBC, Jim Fagan had passed away, so they reached out to as Sam and said, we want to use AI to recreate his voice to do promos. And the family said all right, we love money, And so they did a poll on the Athletic Of the people that responded, what percent they had two categories, one was lazy and cheap, the other one was harmless and cool. What percentage of people responding to this poll for NBC's use of artificial intelligence said that this was quote unquote lazy and cheap.
Speaker 1: EIGHTYJA to accuse myself, I do know the answer, Okay.
Speaker 7: I do think more people said that, but I'll do seventy.
Speaker 1: Eighty three percent.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now let me ask you this, though, if your options were good or bad, do you think the same number of people would respond. Do you think people just love the idea of saying that it was lazy and cheap. I don't think they put a lot of thunt into it, and everyone's like, man, I don't want them coming after my job.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna criticize this. I get it. I am.
Speaker 4: I've just started dabbling in AI and I dig it and I I gave you an example. I used AI to make a graphic of our show, and for the most part, it's like, all right, this is great. Like, we hire an artist, local artist named Mick who's incredible and he's done a ton of work force over the last few years. But it's very expensive because he's very talented. I can't afford to do that every single time. So I was like, great, if I need to, you know, do a quick graphic. But I did catch some flatpor it. People are like, oh, I see you, dude, you're taking jobs away from I go. Dude, nobody's paid local artists more than me for radio artwork. The second that you post, I'm like, anyone that works in any creative feel is like, yeah, some a bit, I know, but dude, no one else is paying these guys like me. Yeah, So I'm like, I don't I don't know what to tell you. Yeah, it's it's it's just it's these are the moments, Yeah, like these happen. So you do a thing most people aren't going to know anything, and then the people that are creatives are gonna be very upset by it and they're gonna jump into the comments, and then there's a whole other firestorm that breaks. I'll give you an example, another example. A friend of ours and I'll show it to you. During the commercial break sent me. It looks like the most beautiful advertisement I've ever seen, like a television commercial for a product with a celebrity endorser in it, and it looks real Like I was watching it, going, wow, how did you get.
Speaker 1: That celebrity on that to go shoot that?
Speaker 4: It's all AI, Like I can't, It's I'm like, you know, and they were just doing it just for fun and to you know, to get in the door with a client. But I was like wow, Like I I like, I dabble in it just with like chat, GPT and stuff like that. But like, I don't know how they're getting voiceover stuff done. I don't know how they're getting film work done. I don't know what apps are you using to create that? And that's amazing. I mean, it's uh, it's scary too, because like we've talked about BEFO or if you wanted to pretend to be the dictator of another country and say I'm bombing you, right, I don't know how to say if that's not real or not fire off the weapons. Yeah, I mean, dude, it's It causes a lot of anxiety. But in general, the future has always caused anxiety, sure, because all technology seems like the devil's magic, no matter at what point in time you are.
Speaker 1: And you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, imagine showing someone in the early nineteen hundreds moving film, right, Jesus, you know what I'm saying. Oh my god, Wait, how did you capture that imagery? What has happened? Like, imagine the mind's being doomed.
Speaker 1: They're like when electricity was put in the White House for the first time and the President You're like, Jesus, what is that? What is this devil a switch and the lights come on?
Speaker 4: No, you think about how long history is and electricity is what two hundred years old that we've harnessed it?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: And now there's Wi Fi and fiber cables and satellites and underground in or broad there is information flying through the air in front of your eyeballs. Right now that you don't even realize. We don't know who killed JFK. Nope, we still don't know. All right.
Speaker 4: Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, let's turn our attention to simpler times. Our guy skin Weight is known throughout country music as being a huge ambassador for it all, and coming up next, his guy Blake Shelton has hit a milestone. We'll discuss it through a rock Lenbs huge man on the Eagle, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: That's next. Jus hot gods.
Speaker 8: Come stay on top in the woods shovel.
Speaker 1: All right. So last week we had a little fun with Brad Paisley because he was headlining the NFL Draft concert and some of like his his song titles. I'll play it for you right here, This bitch won't shut up? That's it? Oh what about that's a dog right there? What about?
Speaker 4: What about this song where he identifies dogs? We danced Mike a song about looking back at everything?
Speaker 1: He goes, what am I gonna call it? Call it?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: I got another song called ate something last night.
Speaker 9: Not eating you caught supper around there at the gas station. That's another one that's down there there. It's just the most banal observational stuff. This road, this road standrty, He's got some deep meaning.
Speaker 4: What you mean metaphor? Boy, just say what you see? What do you mean metaphor? I met her so I could have sex with her. That's what I'm met her for.
Speaker 1: It's just a fun spiral of jokes. Yeah, well I saw things. Hey. Tonight, the Country Music Awards are in Frisco. They have him over at the Ford Center. Jerry lets him and they kick some field golds and stuff. Reba's going to be trying to punt. They're not gonna have them at the Texadelphia this year. They're not doing it at the Texadelphia. God, but I saw in you know some of our music. We get a lot of music emails because we work at iHeart the Leader and iHeart Yeah Rad, Me and Brad Paisley has secured his thirtieth number one hit with a song called Texas. Brad has I'm Sorry. Blake Shelton Blake Shelton, Blake, Shelton Skins Guy, Blake Shelton. I talked to him last week his thirtieth number one hit, so I was like, you know what, let's take a look at some of Brad Blake Shelton's songs Blake Shelton. Now I will tell you I know a little bit about Blake Shelton's rise to prominence. His very first single in This World, which I don't think got the number one, a song called Austin So Good, and the bit was the girl's name is Austin. It fools you the whole time, you think it's a gay story, and then her name's Austin.
Speaker 7: My mom loved that song, absolutely loved it.
Speaker 1: That's how I met your mom. Okay. Number two. His second song was called old Red Love that one tool read and the first lyric is I'm being serious. Old Red was the damnedest dog I've ever seen? Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Old Red was the damnedest dog that I've ever seen? There, yep, here's ten million dollars, dude.
Speaker 7: That song has a story to tell. There's a guy who's escapes from prison and you got old Red tracking him. Wow, and then he's smart enough to get old Red like a girl dog right and distract him and he gets away.
Speaker 1: It's actually his best stuff before he sold out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sang Gria after that, I'm out sorry.
Speaker 1: Once he got on the voice and started, you know, hooking up with No Doubt girl Gwen Stefan. It's like, come on, Blake, who are you? Who are you? That's when he took off to me. So here's his number one hits according to Billboard. Dive Bar. There's what I'm gonna take you to the dive bar.
Speaker 4: He's just like, Okay, there's a dog, there's a truck going to a bar. Whatever I see, I'll write a song about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, heaven by then, Well I be to heaven by then go.
Speaker 10: I don't know, uh, some beach, some beach, on a vacation on some beach.
Speaker 1: But I'm right now, I'm done with this. Some bitch down and Margaritaville. Come back as a country boy. He come back as a country boy. Yeah. That's about ghosts. Okay, okah, Oh, pour me a drink. Hell yeah, I think I like that.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 1: It's Live on the Rocks.
Speaker 4: Ain't no big surprise. I got a new one. It's called Rider's Block. I don't have anything else home. Yep, everyone's got a song called at Home.
Speaker 1: That was right after he released Homo Uh. He has had to delete some tweets in the past. Yeah, Shelton, he has.
Speaker 4: A man, I learned something from Gwyn. I'm sorry about all that stuff. She had some of them fellers in her band.
Speaker 1: It's in that twenty ten to twenty thirteen window. But there's some tweets that have been deleted from Blake Shelton. It was a pretty big story at the time. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The more I drink, pretty more I drank, The more I drank the more. That's seriously how it goes, really, Yes, yes, you.
Speaker 1: Sound like you should be in a Blake Shelton cover band.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll start one.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. Uh oh, there's a there's our guy Austin and already. How about hill Billy Bone? That one's not a good song. That's a sex song, isn't it. What's the difference in a regular bone and a hill billy bone wrapped up in wranglers?
Speaker 7: What do I know? So many Blake's Shelton songs?
Speaker 1: You worked at a country music Yeah. The difference in a regular bone hill billy bone is the dirt.
Speaker 4: Here's Kevin cracking himself up two one four seven eight seven one seven one.
Speaker 1: Every time I hear that song, that's the that's the name of it, the same song. Yeah, that's a good one. Sometimes after turning me on, he'll play hill Billy Bone, turning me on. Right, song A guy with a girl? I mean, all right, so a guy with the girl. I know the song and I don't mind it. It's beautiful, it's it's this song is about I think it might be about her, right, Gwyneth.
Speaker 4: I don't know Gwyn's right, right, I mean I was at her birth certificate. So it's like that song is I'm just a guy the girl with a girl. Everybody wants to know walking in thing and age. She beautiful, it's amazing, and.
Speaker 1: I'm here with this girl now I'm just a guy with the girl. That made that makes sense? Right?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 4: Really is about because she has a song called just a Girl. So I took to get why he would. The story is he walks in this girl is so hot. All right, here's Kavanaugh calling, let's stick this Cavanaugh.
Speaker 1: You wait, you're probably working, Yeah, you're on the air, right. I want to say hi to everyone. Hey, everybody singing, what's snake? Tell coming up?
Speaker 4: Tell him tell him to tell him to tease the world new segment. All right, we you do to tease a segment coming up next. It's it's a segment called world News. They're shocking religious news. Can you tease that and take us to break?
Speaker 11: Yeah, the publish from Chicago, Bro, what is that about?
Speaker 12: Huh?
Speaker 1: Now it to the offspring and the offspring thank you.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get into some amazing audio from last night Stars Win that fans of the show are gonna absolutely love.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this world news. World News, world news, world news.
Speaker 4: Wow, you'll be able to you know, use that moving forward. So you wanted to perform it live each time?
Speaker 1: Great intro? Uh so world News. So we're gonna chronologically this is yesterday when they were at the conclave. They're having their vote who's gonna be the new Pope? And CBS News is on the case.
Speaker 12: We imagine, and the conclave that there's always charge political debate going on, so.
Speaker 1: They sit the whole time. They don't stand up, and.
Speaker 12: Most of them will know, most of them will tell you that while that's going on, they're sitting reading their Breviary that's a book of prayers, or doing the one thing we know they're not doing is checking Instagram.
Speaker 1: Because their device is a whole.
Speaker 12: I believe the kids, I believe the kids call it raw dogging it if you're going to go through a long period of time with no electronic device. Yeah, right, Well they're of a certain age, so they might be.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is what it's called.
Speaker 4: That is a whole plot line in shrinking. Yeah, I didn't know what it was. A raw dog of flight. Yeah, raw dog of flight.
Speaker 1: Oh but you know, yeah, you know, just in this scenario, we.
Speaker 7: Might don't say it on the CBS News when you're talking about the Pope.
Speaker 1: You don't say it. Maybe history, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do think the Pope would be raw dog in it. Though they all are right, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, it kind of falls in line with his beliefs the way that they believe about contraception.
Speaker 1: But are they allowed to I don't know, they're not. They're not right. Well, they're not supposed to. They're not supposed to be.
Speaker 4: It's frowned upon. But let's just say there's evidence to the contrary. We've all done stuff that's been frowned upon. I guess, man, I'm backing away from what Kevin got. My existence is frowned upon by many.
Speaker 12: One more time it gets checking Instagram because their.
Speaker 1: Devices I believe the kids. I believe the kids call it raw dogging.
Speaker 7: It if you're going to go through a long period of time with no electronic device.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Well they're of a certain age news anchor guy who throughout the raw dogging, he should probably go back into his turtle shell and just wait till the next segment.
Speaker 4: I don't think you want to use the term raw dogging when following it up with the term devices.
Speaker 1: It's not good, you know what I'm saying. She knew what she had.
Speaker 4: She knew you could tell her vites Jesus did.
Speaker 1: She was like, don't expose me. So he got an American pope. Okay, the pope is American. His name is Robert. He's gonna be Pope Leo the fourteenth, though, so very confusing Chicago guy, which made for a lot of good jokes. You know, if he's a white Sox guy or a Cubs guy. That's a question that's been thrown around out there. It's funny that they were able to develop a new pope from Chicago before the Bears could develop a four thousand yard quarterback. Okay, how about coming soon to NBC Chicago Fire Chicago, You know, police whatever, Chicago Pope a lot of good jokes. Pope Leo the fourteenth. It was cool. The moment that he does walk up and the crowd freaks out was really like goosebumps type stuff. So they knew him and stuff already.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know how this works because I don't follow you know, the Catholic Church.
Speaker 1: You guys missed such an opportunity to go watch conclave. It was so good and it explains all of this perfect.
Speaker 4: No, but you know what I'm saying, like your average Like I have some friends that were involved, heavily involved in the Catholic Diocese in Dallas, Okay, and so you would think that they would be very indoctrinated into whatever's happening overall with the papal lineage. Do you think your average Catholic person or even someone that would work at the diocese like knows who these people are that have a chance to be the pope.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think they think of them with sports teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just curious, like what kind of a profile do these people have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't no idea. I don't know. There's a bunch of them to go in there, and did their vote and they had the white smoke and there you go. It's been done. Popo Leo the fourteenth. Welcome he's sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Dude, Oh he doesn't want this white smoke.
Speaker 1: Man. Well, thank you Kevin for the World report. Fliped the format the country.
Speaker 4: Now coming up next, let's go around the sports. What's going on with the Mavericks? Well this next, Now, let's go around the sports.
Speaker 1: KTD fun tweets as.
Speaker 11: All the sports yea penalty is charged with the sports from Tim McMahon at ESPN sources, MAVs GM Nico Harrison is making major changes to the team's health and Performance group.
Speaker 1: Again. Among the dismissals athletic performance director Keith Belton, who was Nico's hire last summer, and head athletic trainer Dion Calhoun. I think we're only probably talking about this because it's been a tumultuous few months. And the big Tim McMahon article, Yeah, did he talk a lot about what was going on.
Speaker 5: Cato.
Speaker 4: Tim Cato had a big article for DLLs Sports where he expanded on what Tim had talked about with the blow up between Keith Belton and there's another and I'm blanking. I don't have his name in front of me. It's he had come from the from Boston. He's another medical guy with the Billsborough. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Billsborough. Yes, yes, they According to Tim Cato in his article, and I'm doing this off memory, Belton and Billsborough had a big dust up that got physical, like to the point where they got in each other's face. I don't know if you know they throw those beads, but uh, they definitely got in each other's face and it and it, you know, was a problem.
Speaker 1: That's according to Tim Cato's reporting. And this is big news.
Speaker 4: It's all significant news because you know, the deterioration of whatever's happened with Nico and his rise within the Mavericks to get to the point where he could trade Luca and be unchecked there, the story of how that got there is massively important. And then to read McMahon, it would almost intimate that man by firing Casey Smith, that decision right there alt probably cost you Luca and maybe Dirk to infer what he's writing there, but that fractured relationship so much that it was pretty much I mean, and then you watch the Knick, you know, Casey Smith goes on to the Knicks. They end up having the healthiest season in the NBA. The Mavericks then have the least healthy season or one of the least healthy seasons, not the most lyat healthy, but.
Speaker 1: It was top five.
Speaker 4: But they were ravaged by injuries, ravaged by injuries, and there was the report of you know, and and again you don't know the details of these things, but you know, it's just he didn't have the right certification or certification or something like that. Keith Belton, Yeah, Keith Belton, I'm like, what is that? Like, what are we even doing? But right, but you go with the Casey Smith thing was massive in all of this. It's a pretty important piece to this whole puzzle, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's it's hard for me to comment on these things for a couple of different reasons. One, I am not at practices. I'm not on the team plane, i am not in the training room. I mean I know people that are around, but I'm not there. But I can say, like, you know, having been around the team as long as I have a lot of people that are friends of mine are gone, you know that that happens in all kinds of you know, businesses and things like that. But like when you're talking about Casey Smith getting removed, that's a personal friend of mine that I still text with, because when you've known someone that many years, and me and Ben had to earn Casey's trust, you know, Casey was a big protector and we were sort of interlopers. And I really like the fact that now me and Casey are really good friends because at first they were looking at me and you side eyed, right, they should.
Speaker 1: Be looking at us side of it, especially.
Speaker 4: Me and and I can't tell you how many times I just wandered up to Dion and we just sat there and had a quick conversation about hip hop because he's he's younger than us, but not you know, he's he's a fan of the hip hop of the early nineties.
Speaker 1: I love Dion, that's my guy. So I.
Speaker 4: I hate to see it, but also, you know, I mean, we all need to come to grips with I think what all of the things that have happened over the last year two years has just shown you the difference in the way most sports organizations are and the way this thing was under Cuban, Right, Like Cuban. Cuban did a lot of things that drove me crazy as a you know, someone that considers themselves an amateur basketball expert. You know, I'm definitely an amateur. But there's a lot of things he did that drove me baddie. But there's also a lot of things he did that were created a family atmosphere. And I think that the way that things are for the Mavericks now is honestly the way it is for most sports franchises. Most sports franchises are ran the way that the Mavericks run things now, and it was just different.
Speaker 1: We had Cuban for twenty years and it was different. Right.
Speaker 4: But the Casey Smith that the training staff, you know, there's people in Lucas camp, the closest people to Luca are the same people that were in Dirk's camp, right, Yeah, So you're talking about the synergy between Dirk's camp and Lucas camp was is.
Speaker 1: Thick, especially with Laura Beth Sieger. People now know who she is.
Speaker 4: She used to play the background all the time, but she went from working with Dirk to Luca met her because of Dirk, right, And so you're talking about in Casey Smith, one of Dirk's best friends, and that gutted Luca to lose him as well, which then led to more riffs with the organization. But I mean, I just I find that to be a fact. You know, Tim McMahon wrote about this. I wouldn't pretend to have any inside scoop on it at all, but I think all of this stuff going on with the training staff is a huge part of the fractured relationship between Luca and then maybe even Dirk. If you were to read what Tim road, I'm just like, it's and that's gut wrenching to all that. And so I don't know, I'm not on the scene. I don't I don't know all the details of all that stuff, but it's sure does seem significant in all of this. The we weren't at the you know, the media thing they did with you know, Nico and Rick Welts. It was closed door, was it was private. It's not that it was secret, it was private. We weren't invited to that. But the transcript was released and the back and forth between Nico and Tim, there was a lot of back and forth about the medical stuff, and you know, Nico, by reading his answers, felt confident in the decisions he was making, and he's made even more decisions now and so we'll see who they hire next, right, But he I think somebody one of the bloggers had this, and I apologize on which one it was, but it was twenty two days after Nico publicly said we got better with our training staff that they let this guy go.
Speaker 1: Jeez, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm like, it's it's I don't know what to make of it all, but it is involved in this.
Speaker 1: It absolutely is involved in the story. It's just wild, like him has kind of gone away for three weeks and then here's another story and it's like, okay.
Speaker 4: I was actually always blown away that no one locally wrote that Casey Smith suddenly wasn't around, Like I was always like, is nobody gonna write about this? Like he's been here forever and no one noticed. And that's one of the reasons Nico is like, why are you bringing up Casey Smith right now?
Speaker 1: He's been gone for a year and a half. What are you doing now?
Speaker 4: And I think Nico has a point there, Yeah, like no one asked about this last year.
Speaker 1: Why is everybody asking about it now?
Speaker 4: So anyways, just from a personal side. It sucks when your friends get let go. I mean we dealt with that with the freak. We lost a lot of friends when the station flipped. So it's the way it goes. By the way, the lottery is Monday night, Yes, so that could be the next best good news on the horizon for the Mavericks.
Speaker 1: What did they end up with?
Speaker 4: A top four pick eight and a half percent. Let's go, okay, we need it, we need it. Yeah, it's up Toro Londo Blackman, don't let us downw uh tizzl Let's jump right into a little Stars top.
Speaker 1: Okay. So last night the Stars beat the Winnipeg Jets three to two. They were up one to zero in the series, and they got another hat trick from Miko Rantin and he's now on another planet in one period?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Was it all in the second period? Was it all in the second period? I just know that he has ten points in the last three games.
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I thought.
Speaker 4: I saw a report where because his other hat trick was in one period, wasn't it was in the third And so it was like only a handful of times, like only like four players in the history of NHL have had a hat trick in one period of a hockey game, and he's done it like twice in the playoff.
Speaker 1: It was all in the second period. I guess I didn't realize that at the time, kind of get through it, stay to plate, watched it. All good stuff, get the whole holding your breath thing at the end where they pulled it, pulled the goalie in six on five. But our friend Shippy, who used to be on the show for many years, is the DJ for the Stars and the Mavericks. So the ESPN broadcast had a couple of things going on. They're in Winnipeg, huge hockey town, and outside of the stadium, their fans are lit, and it showed all their fans and their little party area outside the stadium. And then it would every once in a while come back to the Dallas watch party and man in the first period, there's a big difference in what a hockey city is and what's not is all of our fans are on lawn chairs outside the ac Now is the game got going on, our fans started to get more rowdy, and I realized, hey, I think we can you know, I don't know, get it going a little bit and uh, this is John Bouchie Gross, who I think is either what's going on? What is happening? I'm leaving? What's happening? Okay? What was on your gay list? Okay? I Spotify for left That's why I.
Speaker 7: Was on your way?
Speaker 4: Is that your power ballad playlist?
Speaker 1: It was like cold Play? That was now that was the space between. I'm pretty sure that was snow Patrol. I don't have a problem with that. All right, So John, Butchie Gross is you're play by playing? Cares about Bochie Gross? Now, he was a good guy. He loves Dallas. I think he's trying to get a job here.
Speaker 14: Okay, Luca left town, but Miko came in to field some of the void for the great fans in Dallas at They're awesome arena. No this, I know this arena gets a lot of shine, as they should, a lot of these Canadian rings, but that that rank in Dallas was as lot as anything I've ever heard of.
Speaker 11: Well, it's the arena, right, I mean it's basically it's it's incredible, just the entertainment within that arena out loud it gets especially during the playoutside.
Speaker 3: Find all the NHL arenas they just go to.
Speaker 14: Another enough, absolutely best DJ in the league too down Aaron Dallas.
Speaker 1: Wow, shouldn't be playing that three doors down? No, that was what a peg? Actually, why didn't he say his name?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: That was a real messed up opportunity. He knows it. He knows Shippy's gone. They've gone. They used to go to strip clubs together. Well, I'm wonder there's a butt those but you goes? Does he? Is he trying to get a job in Dallas because listen to this also outside gorgeous plaza.
Speaker 14: Such a beautiful plaza, of course, Josh Bogarod and Darryl Razer Ray.
Speaker 1: Of course excellent, big of the best of the business. As makes another big save. Okay, so we're shout out the broadcasters of the DJ for the stars. Yeah. Does he do that for everyone? Or are these really kind words?
Speaker 4: He shouted out the beautiful plaza, He just went full trump there.
Speaker 1: Everything was beautiful. He also said American Airline Center is beautiful, and like, look, I like the place, but it's it's a place.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean it's not it's a place the Yeah you know, Okay, So standard this stud who has a hat trick in each last two games in one period. Right, it's Retina Retin renting to for I was watching a clip of The Dumb Zone talking about this and Jake was asking, do you think there's any part of the Stars front office and we've kind of kicked this around that saw the opportunity with the MAVs trading Luca and said, now's the time jump on this or do those things not?
Speaker 1: Are they not involved in anyway? I'll say this, if.
Speaker 4: You're making you know, we've known, you know, front office people, you do not make personnel decisions based on the stands, and if you do, you lose your ass. They went and got a guy that they had an opportunity to get that's badass, and he's showing that he's badass.
Speaker 1: I think you should.
Speaker 4: I could be wrong, but I think you make front office decisions based on what's great for your team. Yeah, they probably live in a silo and they're not looking around. But for the fan base, that's a very impactful thing. And there's an opportunity to steal some fan share right now.
Speaker 1: For sure. If you're working in ticket sales for the Stars, wish for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've been talking a lot about millennials. Just a quick look with AI. Millennials are often criticized, and these criticisms tend toocus on their perceived worth, ethic entitlement, and their reliance on technology. Those are the beefs towards millennials. But if you think about the third thing, their reliance on technology, that sounds like old people saying get off my lawn with your technology. That shouldn't be a criticism, right.
Speaker 7: That's more gen z I would think too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, maybe the younger portion of millennials are very more reliant than we are.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had t nine calculators.
Speaker 1: Again, I went to college without ever sending a text message when I arrived at college.
Speaker 10: So that's wilde, it's pretty wild, pretty wild crazy.
Speaker 1: So this article in The Ringer had a bunch of stuff. They did a whole bracket, but then they had an extra thing outside the bracket of all the things they considered putting in the bracket, that just kind of encapsulates millennial culture. And uh, Christina, sorry to say we are responsible for this one dabbing.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, man, my son when he was like seven, thought that was the greatest thing ever, the dab.
Speaker 1: There's a cool video that I guess went viral.
Speaker 4: I guess you could say, but it's a it's a kid on a playground, it's one white kid and everybody's dabbing, and they're in the line dabbing, and he has the worst dab of full time.
Speaker 1: You guys ever seen that? Maybe I have.
Speaker 7: It's good you can dab in fortnite though.
Speaker 1: I remember that. Yeah, fun, if we send that that video to my slack channel, yes, Danny McBride, okay, victory for you, then, yes it is. We'll take it.
Speaker 4: You guys know who sort of put him on the map, right, Bill Will Ferrell, David Gordon Green of Richardson High, Okay.
Speaker 1: Crap together? Yeah, yeah, The Dark Knight.
Speaker 4: It's one of the best movies, one of my favorite movies ever, but definitely the best superhero movie I think ever made her that little trilogy, right, the second one was the is that the Dark Knight?
Speaker 7: The second one?
Speaker 4: That that one is the best of all of them. Yeah, I don't think millennials get credit for that. I would have happily traded off to y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well no, no, I mean happily.
Speaker 4: Batman's been around for decades and Hew Memento came out when you guys are like five, so I don't think y'all get credit for that. But that is the best version of Batman ever. That's a great movie with Heath Ledger. That's the best superhero movie I've ever seen. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: I like the Robert Pattinson one better. Really, it's a good one. It's a good one.
Speaker 4: Well, now, the Joker, since they did the whole Joker spent off, that thing was better than the first.
Speaker 1: I agree, that was good. The Joker, too, was worse than every movie ever made. Wait, okay, so the Joker was a spin off of that.
Speaker 4: One Robert Pattinson one. Yeah, Oh, I didn't know that that character was in that movie. That actor playing that character in that movie.
Speaker 1: He's in the Penguin universe. Yeah you're thinking of the Penguin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, but the Joker is not tied to that, right, Well, the Joker probably the same guy that played the Joker, right, Phoenix, that's what I thought you were talking about. The Yeah, Paul Dana Paul, which, by the way, Paul Dana was great in episode one.
Speaker 1: Of the Studio. Oh good job. Yeah, I haven't seen it. Yes, oh, dude, idiot. Yeah, I watched last night Keep Going. Yeah, it's so good. We watched episode A last night The Golden Globes episode fantastic, fantastic. I too would like to think Southsachristina moving on. Dude's tweeting from waffle houses is a fantasy football punishment.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll take Yeah, well, it is an hour for every waffle you eat.
Speaker 1: It's not on the list. Is the Great Comedy Central Show review, where he has challenged to divorce his wife Andy twenty four pancakes. God, I love that show. Nearly kills himself DVDs Christina, Okay, good job.
Speaker 7: And Blue Rays too, I'm sure take.
Speaker 1: Blue Rays on there eating food out of bowls. What are y'all doing that? We're all eating ordering food bowls?
Speaker 4: That was done in the fifteen hundred. I see what you're talking about. Like food like yeah, food bawl like a Chipotle bull as a trend? Yeah, instead of eating a burrito a bowl.
Speaker 1: Our friends over at Velvet Taco do bowls now? God love Velvet Taco. Yeah sounds offensive. God, it's so good. Here's our f's, our three f's Facebook friends and funny yourdie dot com.
Speaker 4: By the way, if anyone is listening to this that's tied into Velvet Taco, we want to endorse Velvet Taco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was going to eat it and tell people about it? What was friends to? Was that a thing? I'll give it to your generation? Wasn't what not a social media friends?
Speaker 7: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the G spots here. There's some g's. We'll pick it up at h tomorrow maybe two three.
Speaker 4: A G Game of Thrones, right, gaming chairs Okay, overrated, definitely a gift kids.
Speaker 1: As for Yeah, GoldenEye double o seven, one of the greatest video games of all time. Goose Bumps Okay, okay, that's the mysterious cartoon a.
Speaker 7: You're gonna make it a movie out of that.
Speaker 1: Books they're a show at David swimmers In Okay, okay, God Grand Theft Auto. Yes, and by the way, a new one is coming out.
Speaker 7: Still getting delayed.
Speaker 4: Still, it's like freaking out about it. I saw this before yesterday. It's like, hey, the new one's coming out where we didn't now have a date and it was like twenty twenty six. I'm like, good lord, They're like they're gonna get a new Pope before GTA six zne or whatever. Ben had once gave me Grand Theft Audio Auto because he realized He's like in twenty thirteen when he realized it, Yeah, not good for my kids to be watching these strippers. Well, I was playing with my tiny kids. And you can hop in a car with the prostitute. The car starts shaking and your health improves in the game, and you have to shoot police officers. When you start the game, they're.
Speaker 1: Like, Dad, why are we Why are we shooting the police officers? I'm like, get this out and out and terrible and never played it.
Speaker 4: You immediately set your kids down and made them watch all seven seasons of the Shield, Oh God and Guitar Hero ah h tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the.
Speaker 15: Love Shock, Ben, it's getting ladies talking love life. Been a white Mercedes. Maybe let us be nice.
Speaker 1: To you, Oh enticing you.
Speaker 15: Welcome to the Love Shack, Lady life can gags crazy? You need two sex berts rollinghouse.
Speaker 1: Do you guys have uh pet names for your wives over the years, I've talked about mine on the air. Yeah, sugar teas, Okay, that's nice. I usually roll with ice bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I've heard I've seen that video where you walk You're like, I'm a melty ice bitch and you're wearing that speedo and you're pumping both your fists in the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's like all the energy leaves her body. She's like, oh God, is that video still on YouTube? Yeah? Yeah, YouTube dot com slash. What about you, Kevin? Uh No, not really. I mean, let me ask you guys right quick.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 1: You guys don't consider Mama a pet name, do you? Yeah? Yeah, I call her mom about a thousand times. Yeah, I can't say that I had off the top of my head. Yeah. Maybe what about you see any pet names for your lover?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: I hate pet names, So I think lover is the dumbest thing I have you ever introduced your significant other is your lover? This is my lover. Dang, I should do that. That would make everything real awkward.
Speaker 4: You know what's fun is to introduce your wife and then introduce the girl next to you is your lover. And I just watched the fireworks, I have introduced you as the guzzler.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: This is my lover and guzzler Ben, So you know the the whole study that you find out what is gen Z the younger generation doing.
Speaker 1: They do a lot of bro. They call each other bro, even if you know they're lovers, but they're bro, you know, because they're they're pretty cool bros that are lovers as brothers, right. Also Queen and king.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're a world king like that, are you looking down on the generation just below you because they're young and they're irritating you know?
Speaker 1: I think that's just American tradition at this point. So what really got my attention in this article, though, was ten pet names for your significant other that gen Z finds outdated. So you are really crossing the line if you use one of these things so far away anyone any guesses?
Speaker 7: How about what we just said? Lover?
Speaker 1: Okay, love on there? Number ten? Actually love probably baby? Right, Babe, babe, I'll give you babe. Wait, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 7: Because there's some couples that will just constantly say babe, babe, babe, babe. You are not in a healthy relationship.
Speaker 1: Are you, babe? Chris? What about honey? Yes? Number three?
Speaker 7: Hon, honey, honey beer. It's good though. I guess that is one I.
Speaker 1: Get called that's just a father John misty thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What about uh sugar number two? Sugar and leave off? They are the four letters slang a slur at the end, Okay, so not sugar teas? Yeah? What about doll? And'll say that's a nice Christina? Christina? Can you print this doll? Hey doll?
Speaker 7: Can you be a doll and go pick that?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 1: Would you.
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 1: Christina? Did you ever say you're getting old dolled up?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that because I don't ever it's probably different now that there's love dolls. Yeah, yeah, what about love doll, love doll?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't see love doll on there? By the way, great song, though you'll only be getting two or three dolls for Christmas this year, not thirty. Yeah. What about love bucket? Love bucket? Not on there? That's a good one. Uh love receptacle? No recepticle? When is that ever used outside of that one shocking term? Angel?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Darling, which I think Darling should make a comeback for the new soccer team Athletico Dallas. Missed a great opportunity to be the Garland Darling. I agree. Well, that's what they're that's what their groupies are going to be Okay, yeah, we can still save that the cheerleaders. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Bubba Bubba is a love term in prison. Maybe this is something that freak Jesus says to everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey, he sent me a joke yesterday and it's not important, but that's a good story. No, it's important to say on the air, I think because it was a pretty good joke. It's on there. Here you go. Even if a bear wears socks and shoes, it still has bear feet. Bubba. Okay, it's good. And he put me in a good mood to get that good last one. And then really the only reason we did this. Okay, gen Z thinks you can't be calling your significant other muffin.
Speaker 4: You can butter that muffin. What about muffy? I like just muff who's singing muffin? I've never even heard that. Hey, love muff Have you love Muffin?
Speaker 7: Was the first thing that came to mind.
Speaker 1: I do think you can abbreviate it love muffins.
Speaker 16: And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: Something really cool happening tomorrow. I'll tell you about in a second. Let's start with last night though, because Jack White was in town Tuesday night. It was a big deal. We were all talking about it, and then Wednesday just sneaking into town because you couldn't see him, he's so small. Paul Simon played last night, and I know that play. That might not mean a ton to like the Eagle audience, I would imagine, but Christina Ray was at the Paul Simon show last night.
Speaker 7: And he's pretty iconic. I mean, we had Disturbed covering Sound of Silence. We played that quite a bit and it's an awesome cover. But yes, Paul Simon was in town last night. He's in town again tonight. So for a long time I thought I was going tonight last night. But yeah, he played at Windspear Opera House and he is a tiny, tiny man.
Speaker 1: He's tiny. How many I've never been in the wind Spear? How many? Does Actually that is not true. I have been in the wind Spear's super nice is it hold about fifteen hundred?
Speaker 7: I'm like KT and BAB with numbers, but I can say it was very intimate. We had great seats on the floor right in front of him, right in the center, like right by the lighting and sound guy in the backs.
Speaker 1: What hel smully was.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was five about three, okay five to three, and you're with an athletically built Mike Soroy. Is his full body size about the size of Siroy's torso.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, just about. But again it was very intimate. It was probably the quietest concert I've ever been to.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's gotta be seventy eight eighty three more, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: So that was a thing. I'm like, I think this is one the shortest person I've seen perform live, but also the oldest too. And he still sounded great. I know he was on SNL not too long ago and it was kind of iffy, but he sounded awesome all night. And there were two different sets he did, like one whole set, and he told us before of these like seven songs that he just released back in twenty twenty three, and I didn't mind him at all. They were gorgeous. With this guy behind his was like, this is boring socks.
Speaker 4: A guy at the Windspare Opera House was saying something was boring.
Speaker 7: I know, It was like, dude, it's Paul Simon.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 4: That fine for amazing sound. To be able to see a show like that there is pretty incredible. I didn't even know he was coming. I didn't even hear about this.
Speaker 7: I don't know how Mike found out about it, but yeah, so it was just him an acoustic guitar. There was like a cello player, a flute. There's a guy with a clarinet too.
Speaker 1: Wait, was there heavy drums?
Speaker 7: There was a big drum kit, but I wouldn't say heavy, but he did you all like the big hits like a Homeward Bound. That was the first song that actually made me tear up because I realized, like this might be the first and only time I see Paul Simon perform, you know. But it was also kind of nice. I was like, really appreciate this moment because this isle. And then also they played Me and Julio down by the Schoolyard. That was like the way to end it. And then he came back on for an encore. I was very impressed with him.
Speaker 4: Did they have a hologram of Gene Hackman out there? During Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard? No, that would have been incredible.
Speaker 7: There was a projector behind him, but they didn't really put that much up on there. But I will say so they did like two songs, two or three songs for the encore. Then everyone left the stage and it was just Paul Simon and he did this sound silent. Oh my god, and I cried so hard, my old friend. It was incredible. So again, he's playing another show tonight. I don't if it's sold out, but if someone wants to go, I don't really recommend it.
Speaker 1: No way, that thing's not sold out.
Speaker 4: The great thing about him is that the parts that he sings, there's not a lot of range. Yeah, you know, like even on the Simon and Garfunkel stuff, Garfunkel saying all the high harmonies and stuff.
Speaker 7: He had his wife come out for a few songs too.
Speaker 1: Dallas native Edi Berkel, Yeah, ebro Kel.
Speaker 7: Edie Brokell. She is awesome and very tall compared to him. She has a great voice.
Speaker 1: So he's the definition of a short king. Yes, he is a powerful short guy. Two hundred the capacity at the Okay So Tomorrow night at at and T Stadium, Post Malone. It's his big stadium tour and Jelly Roll's opening, of course, but that's not the reason we're doing this, Yes, it is. What he's got is Postman has been promoting this big travel and tailgate party at all of these huge stadium shows. So from noon until six pm in the parking lot of AT and T Stadium, which is a huge parking lot. I guess it's all kinds of carnival games, tattoos, live music going on. But one thing that he did because he went to Grapevine, is he invited the Grapevine High School band to come out and play at like six pm at the end of his like of the big tailgate things. So there's a video of the audio is not great, it's kind of muffled up, but where the band director is telling all the kids, you have been invited to come play at and T Stadium. Post Malone is inviting you to come play. God, that's cool, but you know it's not. It's not like they're gonna be on stage, well, like they could be, but that the whole plan is like they're gonna be out in the tailgate and like it's huge. Like I'm telling you, the amount of crap that they're promoting They're they're giving away a motorcycle, beer, carnival games and then uh, and then that is just what a cool thing for a high school kid.
Speaker 7: I think our friends like Billy the Kid are involved with They did help.
Speaker 1: Do that, I know, saying that the program director at Mix one O two nine, Zan, I know she helped had something to do with this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, s werked your ass off, get to happen, So that's cool.
Speaker 1: That's badass, man. I love that. Yeah, and I think there's like a big thing at Canes tomorrow too that can location the one yes right Northwest Highway and thirty five, it's the blue the one that's Cowboys Scars that they're having a merch pop up there tomorrow. All right, cool, fantastic postal on them. This sucks song and that's that technical Therefore, obviously, where did I hear that? What is that from? That's from Twister? That's right, sucks Philip Seymour Hoffman, the star of the movie. No offense to Bill Paxton. So the Suck Zone is a new segment that's really just following up on some stories that we might have done over the past week, and you kind of go an update's happened, but we haven't dedicated a full segment to it. So last week was the big week of one hundred men versus a Gorilla, which spun off into if you don't know what that was. It was a thing that popped up on Twitter just to hypothetical, and that's spun off to John Mulaney, the comedian who hosted Netflix talk show for Wednesday Night. He said that on a season finale on he is going to fight three fourteen year old boys. All right, So you hear that and you're like, okay, that's funny. Well, last night, this is what he revealed. All Right, The moment is nigh.
Speaker 8: We're about to reveal my first challenger for a teenager fight night. But I'd like to say first that a lot of people have been contacting me. Some'm very concerned about my promise on our final episode May twenty eighth, to fight three fourteen year olds. You've been asking me questions like, John, why would you do this? Why would you fight boys? That's your first mistake right there. Fourteen year olds are young men. Calling them boys or children will only result in those little bastards becoming full psychos. If there is truly a crisis of young men in this country, as many say, there is. I guarantee you the solution is not podcasting at them. Perhaps the greatest danger facing young people today is that most of the life advice they get comes from misshapen men making video essays in their basements.
Speaker 1: Okay, so pretty funny setup. Right now, he's turned it back on everyone else too, and almost taken up for the boys. So he's basically said, you know what we're gonna do. We're going to reveal them one week at a time. Here's boy number one or young man number one. So here is.
Speaker 7: You actually have someone? Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I should have showed you guys a picture of this.
Speaker 8: Now, with all that said, I'm ready to learn the identity of my first adolescent adversary, who, again I have not seen until this moment. Richard take it away, ladies.
Speaker 6: Her first fourteen year old challenger stands at a whopping five eight inches tall and still growing, weighing in at one hundred and forty two pounds.
Speaker 1: WHOA give it up.
Speaker 6: For Ben, whose last name we cannot say.
Speaker 1: I was Ben. I'm fourteen years old.
Speaker 13: I am extremely confident that I'm going to beat up John Mullaney. I think beating up John mulaney would help my self esteem a lot and help me grow as a person.
Speaker 1: Also, it would really help my popularity.
Speaker 8: Coming for you, John, To all of the writers and people behind the scenes who picked that first challenger, I'm thinking, thank you. I don't know how popular May twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Is gonna make you.
Speaker 8: You have a deep voice, I'll give you that, rich What do you.
Speaker 1: Think I think you're fighting young men. I don't like that. You're not alone. That's our show.
Speaker 8: My thanks Andy sire.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait till next Wednesday night to see the second young boy. Wait, don't say that, but like, yeah, it's a it was so fun. So what did he look like? Did it look like.
Speaker 4: When you just looked at that kid, did you think that would be anywhere close to a fair fight?
Speaker 1: I thought, I didn't think he's not he's not skinny, hetty solid. Yeah, he's pretty solid, and I was. I kept thinking, like, he's just a little shorter than me.
Speaker 7: He's about like twenty pounds more than me, like my height, my same height, and add twenty more pounds to me. That that's it.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't mind seeing Christina fight John mulane good or Christina and KT.
Speaker 1: Oh, dude, y'all should fight.
Speaker 7: I don't want to fight anyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Christina and my three kids against KT. I like that. That'd be great because a college man, I just wouldn't have it in me. I don't think i'd have it in me to physically hurt anyone.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get three kids in a female and have him fight a pacifist.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, the old Well okay, so my thought was that three of these guys could probably take him, but one that he would handle him. But I mean, John m'landy's pretty slender, dude, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 7: I don't know where this is going. Go ahead, sorry, skin? What are his stats? John mulaney like his heightened.
Speaker 1: He's probably six three and a half or six voice tall. Right, let's kind of type it in and find out. I truly don't know.
Speaker 4: One of the problems with this he's he's just six feet tall. Oh wow, I thought I saw that. One of the problems with this scenario is in order to go hit somebody, you have to muster up the angst or the energy or the fight or whatever. Like, how are you gonna get interested in going and hitting?
Speaker 1: No? Right, that's then that's why I wonder, Like he's promising this thing and this long drawn up bit that has bits of it weeks at a time, and I'm like, Okay, he can't back out of this. But at first I was like, man, he's kind of skinny and he's kind of uh. I don't know. There's something about him, the way he talks, he would make you think this guy, But then I remember, this guy has been doing hard drug since he was team. He grew up on the bad side of Chicago, like he does have a background.
Speaker 4: This will never happen, which makes me wonder where it's going. But I'm along for the ride again.
Speaker 1: This thing's big, all right. This coyways made traders today. We talked about a little bit yesterday's show. George Pickens is your newest Dallas Cowboy. George Pickens good wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Coways give up a third round picking next year's draft for him. There's a lot of things that go with George Pickens. He's an incredible athlete. He has it's not even off the field stuff. It's actually a lot of on the field problems, and then like he's just he's he's very wild ass, just probably the best description of him. The potential is incredible, and then everything else is very much up in the air. So he comes to Dallas on a contract here and there's a lot to talk about here, but I want to read something to you guys. First. John, a shot of the Athletic, was doing article with a beat writer for the Steelers, and one thing that they were talking about was the contract scenario. So he comes here, has the same agent as Micah Parsons, who is not in a contract year, but next year would be in a contract year. And there's an idea of like the Steelers trying to get rid of him now because he would have poisoned the well if he held out for training camp. And here's what the Steelers writer said. Here's the question from Mishoda. Do you think there's a chance Pickens would sit out until he gets a new deal? And the Steelers riter said, just a few years ago, I'm sorry he goes. I felt trading Pickens now made more sense rather than waiting into uncertain waters and potentially inviting a messy situation in training camp. He hasn't acted in a rational way previously. It wouldn't surprise me if he's willing to be fined in camp or even into the season by holding out. Okay, that's where it's a bad trade if it got there.
Speaker 4: There's so much to discuss, and I think this all of this For me personally, it has to do with the emotional roller coaster of being a Dallas Cowboy fan. And I know that there's a lot of people that feel the same. But from Afar watching George Pickens, I was like, good God, this guy's a head case. Look at what he's fighting Jordan Lewis in a game. I'm like, I'm team Jordan Lewis. This guy is out of his mind, all the issues he has off the field. The minute he's a Dallas Cowboy. I'm like, yes, he's fixed, but he'll never have any more problems ever.
Speaker 1: Again, this is great.
Speaker 4: So I've had time just to do some research and think about it, read about it, listen to other people about it, and just try to wrap my brain around it. From a fit standpoint, this is exactly what this offense needs. A big, tall receiver who's a vertical threat. Dak hasn't had that. You look at the guys he's had to throw the ball down the field to. I mean the last good one he had was Michael Gallup when before he got hurt. He's had little guys since then. Those little guys aren't good at running those go routes. It just doesn't work the same. You need a big guy that could get up the field and compliment Ceed Lamb. And that's exactly what he is. That's what Tederoa McMillan would have been, right if he had dropped there.
Speaker 1: And so like the tallest pickings six, he's the same size as Ceed Lamb pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so it's like this guy, this is exactly what they need. An X receiver, tall, good target down the field, gets downfield speed like he's a perfect compliment to what CD does on the field. It's like ideal. But then you start looking, Okay, why is this guy available. He's twenty four, he's gonna get you a thousand yards a year. He's one of the best receivers in the league, but not quite like he's in the Tier two right right, And so if you look at what the tier two guys make, like I've heard speculation that the Cowboys are about to pay Jalen Tolbert he was in a contract. You're right, like ten to twelve, right, there's no way they Jalen Tolbert. Ferguson is about in that same range, probably be in that ten to twelve if they decide to pay him, or they or they let them want.
Speaker 1: And just so I'm on the same page with you guys.
Speaker 4: You guys leave that Ferguson's a better tight end than Tolbert his receiver sitka Okay. And so if you look at the highest paid number two receivers in the league, they're all between twenty and twenty eight twenty nine million.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: The number one, like CD's at thirty five, But there's some guys who are at twenty eight, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty five. So if you're George Pickens, who a lot of people took him off their draft board, They're like, we're not drafting him no matter what. He had got into a lot of trouble in college. He's gotten into a lot of trouble in the pros. He's been fined two hundred dollars in one season alone. He got fined two hundred grand for missing team meeting, showing up late, not you know, on the second round contract being a problem. Yeah, and not only making a million whatever, that's a lot. That's a huge fine. So I've I have heard some speculations. People are like, dude, that he doesn't want to sign a deal because he wants to go have Dacbus quarterback. He's had bad quarterbacks and he's going to go earn his next contract, so he doesn't want a deal. Like that's try report of that. That's why I don't think he would hold out that. I don't think he would either. And I've heard that the Cowboys don't want that either. They're like, why would we rush out and do a deal. Let's see how this goes. We're about to get George Pickens on his best possible behavior. Yeah, or he's going to go try to get a contract. And the thought is if he leaves, well they'll just go get a competit story pick for him.
Speaker 1: Right. So that's the risk.
Speaker 4: And so if he put up big numbers, let's say that, Let's say he goes crazy and he puts up twelve hundred yards and eight touchdown, ten touches whatever, what and go. And let's say he gets north of twenty four million dollars per year and they don't want to pay it. What com story pick would they get. Would they get a third round pick?
Speaker 1: It'd be a late third round pick. Yeah, okay, so it'd be like what you're giving up probably if you're good, Yeah, yeah, you know, and you get it back into twenty seven drive.
Speaker 4: It'd just be a year delayed. But they, at least right now, are going for it. And I also heard speculation. I heard somebody say, I think it was Broadus who said something like, you know, a GM that's worried about keeping their job doesn't make this trade.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, nobody in this organization is going anywhere unless they decide they want to go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Sure Like this is the epitome.
Speaker 4: It's kind of their whole reason they kept Schottenheimer, right, this was a guy nobody was trying to hire.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm not at all worried about Schottenheimer as a coach. I'm not.
Speaker 4: He may not be a great coach, but I don't think he's going to be a bad coach. I don't think if you grew up in the NFL, you're going to be a bad coach. I think he might just be a pedestrian coach. What I'm hoping is that he actually has some great ideas, and I do think that there. It always excites me when you're bringing in fresh blood, young coaches. Now that doesn't mean they're good, sure, right, but but like I would just take you back to eight years ago and all the coaches that everyone's talking about, now, nobody knew who they were. Nobody was talking about the McVeigh when he was the quarterback coach in Washington. It wasn't until he got out from underneath that, and everyone's talking about like, that's where fresh blood comes from. In the fact that there's fresh blood in the organization. I love that. It may all suck, but I love that. But I don't based on how the Cowboys have operated, I cannot see a scenario in which they have to pay Micah Parsons that they are going to pay their second receiver twenty five million when they're paying their top receiver thirty five I cannot even begin Then they have the highest paid quarterback currently, I cannot, in any way my brain cannot fathom the Cowboys ever doing anything like that, especially and Look, if you're going to pick a position for a guy to be a wild ass, I either want that wild ass to be a wide receiver or a cornerback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, the Bengals are your example. It's t Higgins who just got signed for twenty eight million, but they franchised him for a year. Right, they could franchise tag him too if they wanted two years of him. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I get the felizing a wide receiver, Oh my god, should be in the nuts.
Speaker 1: Well, if you got a franchise someone, probably so.
Speaker 4: I also think about the Cowboys are trying to improve their colture. Like if you look at all the guys they draft, they tried to draft team captains. Yeah, this is an anti culture guy. This is Jason Garrett stuff. This is team captains. And then we're bringing in yeah, Greg Hardy.
Speaker 1: He's it's but it's that vibe. And Gregory had questions yeah.
Speaker 4: Or or does you know? And and but uh, I think about what wasn't it? Rick Carlisle said it can't all be milk drinkers.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can.
Speaker 4: You can have one guy, right, like you can't have a bunch of those guys. But I don't know It'll be interesting to see how it goes too, because I don't know that there's a team out there based on George Pickens pass that wants to pay him twenty eight million even if.
Speaker 1: He goes crazy.
Speaker 4: He ain't getting that d He's got warts and you've got concerns bringing him in. So what if you could, you know, would they to fortify the sixty million they're paying Dak And if if he goes out and has a big year, would they pay Pickings eighteen twenty million a year?
Speaker 1: And what he accepts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was What else is out there for if he goes and that's a great point. If he goes out there and puts up the numbers that would justify paying in big, You're not going to pay him big like you would have to be like Jacksonville or somebody going all right, yeah, we time for us to spend some money. We'll spend money on this guy. Which if that's the case, that's fine. You do let him go and you replenish what this reminds me of the kind of move it is. It reminds me of the kind of move that we all thought the Cowboys would make the last three or four years. Because Jerry is a thousand years old, right, you know they should have been doing but this, you know what this move was for the Steelers in a tiny way. This was the Luca trade. They're like, we don't want to pay him. Yeah, we don't think this is gonna get any better. Let's get something for him now. They were sick of that dude, like they're sick of him, and dude, they he's a twenty four year old, badass receiver and they need receivers horribly bad.
Speaker 1: You know what a funny thing Antonio Brown and these they're really not that comparable as players. Antonio Brown who was there for a long time and eventually we're on his welcome there. I think everyone says about Antonio bround though he practiced hard, he worked his ass off. George Pickens is a guy who after game we'll say, yeah at it and block him that run play at don't want to get hurt? Yes, he said that. What you know, I record? You know, maybe you know tearing your ACL doesn't help us either, so maybe don't get pulled up on dude. But man, he is. They they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Now this will happen but it's.
Speaker 4: A perfect fit on the field for the Cowboys, and for one year he'll be on his best behavior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe to work.
Speaker 4: I agree, lie to him and say, hey, man, go out there and earn it, and then turn your back on him next year.
Speaker 1: And now teams can't triple cover ceede lamb Right, that's the best part.
Speaker 4: And dude, it helps the run game too, yes, because now you're gonna get people in cover two.
Speaker 1: They're gonna get the safety out of the box. Now you can run. It helps Ferguson.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love it on the field, but again, I have zero interest in him being a Cowboy after next year. This season, right it out for one year and then you go get the next Teto McMillan in next year's Trapped.
Speaker 1: You can let's do it, all right.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget the time that Kat had a chance to draft Ted McMillan. He looked him dead in the eye. He showed him his card and he.
Speaker 1: Said, I think I would say never change, you know, but also change.
Speaker 4: Which is a weird thing to say to a rookie that's gonna do it for us. But Christina is going to stick around and play tunes right here on the eagle.
Speaker 2: Here you going, So I'm gonna get some cheeks after this horse powers joint.
Speaker 1: All right, enough fun in games,