Speaker 1: There's nit coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started. It is hour number two here on a Tuesday, feels like a Monday, but that's what happens when you get a three day weekend. Hopefully you guys had a good holiday weekend, enjoyed yourself. Hopefully you also had time off work. I always just assume, well, hey, it's such a big holiday, everybody's off work, right, But that's not the case. There's a lot of places that are open in fact during the holidays, and then also there's certain jobs that you know they can never now be available. So if you weren't not able to enjoy some time off, hopefully you still were able to enjoy the holiday weekend. Certainly felt like we got the summer started. It wasn't quite as warm as I think we typically want when it comes to Memorial Day weekend, but I think the worry of some gloomy weather and maybe some chili tempts, I mean, I think that went away. We were able to on on Saturday, just a beautiful evening. We ended up going out. As I mentioned earlier, we went out to dinner for my dad's birthday and went out, uh and and hated hated the Big Four area over there in Jeffersonville. Just just a beautiful evening for that. We didn't realize the pizza shot down there Parlor, No, we ended up going to uh Harry's, but but yeah, parlor's great too. But we we forgot that they were doing the Abbey on It Abbey on the River. Yeah, that's right. We didn't realize that. We planned to meet him and Jeff Jeff for his birthday because he lives in southern Indiana and we know there's a lot of good restaurants and just a good, good atmosphere over there. So well we get down there and there's not a whole lot of parking. But luckily the way they do that festival, it's all kind of it's all secluded with it, like you know, it's not just a like you have to actually be able to get in, and tickets are pretty pretty expensive from an understand so it wasn't as it was the best both worlds to where there were a lot of people. Did you hear the music of a little bit, Yeah, so there's a lot of people kind of out and about, but they weren't you know, they were there more so for the festival, not just we didn't have to wait for dinner, for dinner or anything. So especially is it's it has to be. I mean, I don't want to call it a hidden gym, like nobody knows about it, but it's you said it. It's an awesome area and I feel like everybody knows about it. And if it's the toll that is keeping you from driving across, like I'm telling you, it's worth it because there's a lot of great dining in downtown Louisville. Yeah, exactly, there's a lot of great dining in downtown Louisville as well. But anytime we do end up in jeff for dinner, I mean when you get the beautiful view of Louisville on that side, and then also you get some really nice dining without as much I mean, let's just be real. Driving in that area to get a spot the park is not as difficult as finding a spot in downtown Louisville. And you can find parking in downtown Loivelle. We have plenty of parking available. It's just it's not it's not cheap. So anyways, we did that Saturday and then Sunday it was supposed to be, I think a little gloomy and chili, and it didn't get warm, and it didn't really we didn't have a whole lot of sunshine. But we ended up kind of spontaneously just deciding to go to the track for the day at Churchill Downs Nice and we got out right as soon as it ended up starting to rain. And then okay, and then yesterday, of course, for the holiday, had a little cookout at my mom and stepdad's house and we got beautiful weather. I mean, it wasn't it never got you know, super warm, but it was it was nice. So hopefully everybody had themselves a good Memorial Day weekend. All right, So are you you're an ear an iPhone guy? Of course if you done the new iOS eighteen point five update, if it's a one that just happened like two days ago, then yes, okay, me too. And I'm reading here that I always go with it. I never, oh, I've never even considered like, let me see what updates. I mean, right, I feel like it's gonna update eventually on its own anyways, So I just.
Speaker 3: Always think, if I update this, maybe this will be the update that makes everything run battery.
Speaker 2: So I'm quick down load. Well, and even if I was resistant to the iOS update, I now look, I'm team Apple. I can't imagine not having an iPhone, and I'm not knocking those who have an Android. I would imagine though, that it's more so just because it's what you're used to. And if you've had one for seven eight years and that's what you're used to, technically they can all still do the same thing. There's not much that you can do on your Android that I can do on my Apple Vice versa. But at one point there needs to be a compromise to where we can send videos to each other and then not look like you know, yeah exactly and the green dot thing like that's still a you know. So anyways, my point is, even if I was resistant to downloading the new iOS software from my iPhone, I would know that I need to, even if I don't want to, because it's going to drain my battery. Like I mean, it's a known thing that they, you know, if you don't update, they will, I guess, legally find a way to make your product not work as effectively to where then you're encouraged to then you're encouraged to update the actual software got to follow up the line. But then also you'll eventually have to upgrade the actual device because it'll just become so old and it won't again. Sometimes things just do get old, but there's no scenario why something would stop working effectively, right, like if it's all on it, Like you know, your phone going slow and acting funny is not because it's an old device. It's more often because and this is the way they get around it, is that if they want you to upgrade, they're basically saying, look, now we've now updated everything you're using on your phone. There's way more versions for it. So if you're on iOS fourteen instead of eighteen and a half and you're using Facebook and Instagram, just know that you need to be on the latest version of iOS eighteen point five to get the best experience with those types of apps. So they're just constantly going to have you update. And sometimes I notice the difference, sometimes I don't, But I haven't noticed a thing in the last forty hours and I'm constantly on my phone. Yeah, but this write up says that it's undoubtedly the biggest update to iOS yet. It's packed with Ai Magic Boy. So it says here that there's image Playground where you can create original images with image Playground on your iPhone. On there, right, I had that. I guess there, I guess there's new, there's new advancements to it.
Speaker 3: I usually don't play around with AI images all that much like I don't use AI to make like, hey, why don't you make a two guys eating I don't know, cheeseburgers or a slice of pizza, one saying this and one's making a boo hoo face or something.
Speaker 2: I never get amusement out of it. I and you use the word amusement because there are many who use it and it's a tool. There are tools, there are AI tools that make everyone's life easier as far as certain jobs they do. But I'm convinced a lot of people just are amused of what it is and how it works to where they just like you said, hey, why don't you draw me a picture of me, you know, running in the street with a cow chasing me? Yeah? I mean doing Jordan. Yeah, And you don't really have any benefit of having that, but you can do it now because that's just where technology is. And again, I think people are just amused by it. And I get it. It is. I think we've probably all at this point had maybe one encounter with AI rather done yeah, rather us doing it, or or somebody showing you how it's done to where it kind of stops you in your tracks, like damn, like that's how did that? How does it do that? I mean it is pretty cool. Yeah, apparently Siri. Siri still sucks. That's the latest. Uh, They're supposed to be a I integrated and they're still working on that. I never use uh Siri at all, Okay, she's just you know, like, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Like us, you don't do like the hate call this never that's usually what I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and most people do. I don't, and it's it's I don't know why, but uh yeah, I I don't know why because it's not really put it this way. I would hate for my mother to hear the way I speak to Siri and the way I speak to Alexa.
Speaker 3: I hate their maps. I hate the way she gives directions. I do hate that.
Speaker 2: All Alexa's got to do is say something to me and I just look at her like you better you know who you're talking to, better know who the boss is. I don't know what it is. It's like a weird thing with me. But even when they work effectively, you know, you're not really talking to a human. Therefore you end up talking over each other and she doesn't know when she didn't hear you, right. I think that's what actually pisses me off so much. And it's just first world problems, I guess. But I mean, I tell you what, like hey, hey Alexa or hey Siri, do this, and then they just say they're doing something for me in a cheerful voice, pleasant voice, as if they're helping me and they're happy to do so, but they don't want to say but they don't know that they know it's not I would actually do I would be fine with one sec. But if I was like, hey, hey, Alexa, can you call Tiff on my phone? Yeah? Calling Tim, And then you know she doesn't know that she's got it wrong, and she's just and I want to be like, listen to hear you, stupid mother. Like so I just stopped using her because Alexa and Siri when they don't you know, and I'm shreking mumble at times, trust me, it happens. But when it's just quite literally basic things that you know, anybody can hear and you get it wrong and you're and then you're you know, you're already actively doing something wrong. Again, I don't really know how you would be able to have her know for sure, because sometimes she'll tell you they don't know what you said. And I can deal with that, But when I say something pretty clearly and you do the wrong thing and I got to put you in your place, I don't like. I don't like that. I don't like what Alexa and Siri bring out of me, if that makes sense. Yeah. So again, it's useful for sure. In fact, a lot of people do it in public, which I think is kind of odd. But again, you know, there are some people who like have the eager To me, it usually ends up being people who are a little bit on the older side to where they're they're more they they didn't have as much access to really cool technology because it wasn't around to the level that it is. So therefore when they do get to utilize it and they really like it, it's almost like they're in your face with it, like, hey, uh hey Alexa, do there or hey Siri or what what is? What is? Uh? So I guess when people talk to their Android. Are they talking to Alexa as well? Because because it's Google, right, yeah, it's what gotcha whatever? Whatever. I don't know if because because somebody it has to be. It has to because I'm because people are like, how are you talking to it? Yeah? People are people are people are like, how are you talking to Alexa when you have uh, when you have an iPhone? And I'm thinking, what do you mean? Well, it's because we have those little echo speakers in our in our house. We ended up moving and getting we did we I think we might have I don't even know if we asked for one, but we ended like three different people got us one house. Yeah, and and I didn't really have any intention of setting it up, but we have them set up and multiple different spots in the house and it is super convenient. However, you end up where that speaker is so sensitive that if I tell it to play the baby Faces podcast on our heart radio in the kitchen, well now it's playing in the bathroom. Now it's playing in Moose's room too, So you know we're giving you multiple multiple streams at one time. So anyways, technology is great. I can't imagine life without it, and anytime I realize that I'm frustrated with it, I have to remind myself, well, the fact that you're even able to do what we can do on our devices and what I mean, it really is insane. You can pull a phone out of your pocket, and if you spend enough time learning, there's not much you can't do on your phone, and I mean, like anything as far as what you can do on a computer any other device. It's it's insane. So we probably shouldn't be as reliant on our on our phones as we are, but we are. And I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: Life around with all some of the new feet. One of the things that I don't like is when you're texting. Now you can do the or maybe it's been a thing, but maybe it's now more in your face where you can, like you can edit the certain type of text, like if I send you all something like oh, this is gonna be huge, and then you can make like the huge like jumble up like that, or like type write in or something silly like that. I feel like that always comes up and maybe I'm just clicking on it. Maybe it's my settings, but I've sent several, you know things, somebody where the very last word is instead of just like me fat fingering something that edits that last word to make it animate basically like a word animation.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's newish, right, and I think it has to be. I think it was like the last update before this, I'm now learning of things that like I didn't. For example, I had to get a part for my car the other day, and the best way for me to determine if it was in fact the actual correct part because I've got I've got a Volkswagen Atlas and there's like five different versions of them. Yeah, and visual you wouldn't really be able to tell for the most part, but for certain parts and whatnot. You know, there's a reason you got to know the exact model that you have, and like my title doesn't specify the model to the exact te. So what I did is I took a picture of my ven on my car, and I'm thinking, well, I'm gonna have to like write that down by looking at the picture. You can copy text on a picture.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I felt super stupid, not realizing that you've been able to do that, probably not for a long time, but you know how convenient that is. Yeah, because I take pictures of a lot. I take pictures of a lot of stuff, and screenshots of a lot of stuff just for frame of reference, for notes and stuff just to keep up with. And now I can just hold down the text that's in a screen shot or the text that's in a picture that I take. Like we just give you an example of how this. At one point we drove past something on a road trip and I ended up taking a picture of a billboard that mentioned like a restaurant or place we wanted to stop. It wouldn't be that big of a deal to just like look at your look at your phone and then go back and put in the number. But now I can literally just hold down where the phone number is for something, or what the exit number is, and it's it's just pasting that into your phone rather than instead of having to write it down and remember it. It's just it's super easy.
Speaker 3: So again, I always thought the coolest thing that they did, probably like a year or two ago, is now like when you you know, when you have to, like you put in a password to something and then it sends you like a text, and yeah, like the text it automatically has the code that it sent you pulled up and you just click on that. I think that's one of the most clutchest of.
Speaker 2: No yeah ever and these things that we didn't know to ask for because we didn't think about it. But man, that you know, it's awesome. So real quick, here's a rundown of what I guess are the features that are getting the most attention right now. Chat GPT integration. Not sure what that I mean Chat GPT is. I use the app there, I don't know what the integration is, but if it makes it more easy to use than hell, yeah, all so they've got let's see here, let's see addressing the use. Yeah, apparently there's something to where you can you now have a better ability to turn your like hotspot on which we use that a lot for our kids if we're in the car and they need Wi Fi to you know, distract themselves from being on a long road trip. It's pretty essential. So yeah, shout out to to Apple and thank you for your products that have made you know that have made my life givingly better someone Internet exactly all right, real quick before we get to our first break here in the four o'clock hour, I think I can say it now because we have triple checked. We are out early today. We thought we were out early last Thursday, ended up not being out early, but today we are. So we'll wrap up the show at about five thirty five and hand it off to the voice of the Louis of Bats, Nick Currn, which, by the way, shout out to the Bats. We actually went out to watch the game on Friday night. Yeah, Friday, I left here after the show and we went out, took the family, had a real good time and you know, had had some bruskies and let the kids play around and just enjoyed a beautiful evening at the bar. Some buddy Oh hell yeah, Buddy Bat was just just doing the damn thing. Nobody has got the juice quite like Buddy Bat. When the kids are on the playground and he walks by, you kidd me, I mean, might he's the coolest cat in town. He's not a cat, he's a bat, but you know he's the coolest bad in town. You're damn right. So yeah, shout out to the Louis of Bats. They're back in action this evening, and again we'll hand it off to Nick Curran, the Voice of the Bats. In about an hour fifteen minutes or so. All right, so it looks like the vill the TBT squad has added a new player that I think fans will be excited about. We'll talk about that next and I'm trying to see if there's been any update from Otega Oa. Looks like he's gonna probably wait till tomorrow to announce it. I just cannot see a scenario where he decides to stay in the draft and knock come back to Kentucky. But I guess until he says it, there's gonna be Someoentucky fans a little worried that maybe he'll decide to move on. I just I can't see it happening to myself, but we shall see. Keep it lock right here, it's coffee in Company. Feel about Thorton's on Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company. Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: I totally forgot that Halliburton's dad's gonna be back in the building tonight, which it shouldn't have any impact on the game, but you can easily. You should be actually up three to zero with a chance to end this tonight with the brooms out Halliburn's dad back, that New York native who is a firefighter but a big time Pacers fan. He got flown in. This is the game he's going to be at. So it would just be nice to be able to end it. And if they win it in in five or six, even seven, I'm still going to be happy. But I think it became maybe not insanely more difficult because you should still be able to get it done and win the series, but you were in control. It seemed as if the Knicks had pretty much mailed it in, and man, was that not the best. And there's a lot of examples, but that game was the example of you can never just assume a game's over. I mean that one was everyone was it was over, and then you know what, So it is Coffee and Company. We're feel about Thorton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. The vill the TVT squad there of course running it back this year, and here's to hope and they can have some success because it is fun for me to watch former Louisville players compete on the basketball court and on TV too, by the way, Like that's what I mean, it's you don't have to go you can watch it on FS one or Fox or whatever it is. And there's no better time than the summer whenever there's not as much going on as far as what we really care about. And by the way, you get to watch hoops, and we love hoops around here. So they have added Earl Clark to the squad E five, which I know that'll have a lot of fans happy, myself included. I don't know exactly where where Earl has played most recently, but he's clearly still playing at a high level. And I think it was last year he was supposed to join the team. I think there's been two years where Earl was supposed to be a part of it and ended up not being able to play because of contract. One I think was a team that he was playing for, might have still been Goys, It might have been in I feel like it might have been in China, maybe I'm wrong. And then another year I think he was set to play but decided to end up playing for the Big Three, which is Ice Cubes League. So yeah, Earl's gonna be with the with the squad this year, and and you know, I him alongside guys like Tres and I'm not sure if none who's coming back or not, but to me, that seems seems like a pretty good squad that they've that they've got right now. And I'm just try I'm sorry, I'm spending on my wheels here. I'm trying to see where he played most recently. Looks like the last team that that he was on was, let's see, he was in Taiwan. That's where he played most recently. So there you go, all right, So the off season so far in college football, there's been a lot of different storylines, as there typically is, but the conference commissioners from the Big twelve acc SEC in Big Ten them not being on the same page, there being some contentiousness and some pushback on certain things. I mean, I guess that is news, but that shouldn't be surprising to anybody. I mean, I don't know why that would be considered something that, you know, people are shocked by because they don't work together. They're competitors. Their existence maybe not as human beings, but in their profession is to make sure that their conference is in the best position, and they shouldn't give a damn about what happens to any other conference. So I'm not even really being critical of anybody, even Sankee, who again is going to clearly try to run the sport and not just run his conference. That's I mean, he's not supposed to run the sport, but if he can use his power and leverage being the commissioner of the Southeastern Conference, I mean, she'll be really fault him for doing that. I mean, maybe maybe you think he shouldn't try, but he probably knows that he's he's going to be able to to an extent. So Sankie is of course still pushing for the college Football playoff format that gives the SEC and Big Ten automatic bids to where there'd be four of each from the SEC in the Big Ten, which, again my whole argument is not about which league is better. My whole argument is not about none of my argument is about. In fact, it's not an argument. I just think it's insanely stupid to give any conference automatic spots before anybody's played a game. Whenever you can have conferences, you could have conferences to fall off a cliff and don't exist anymore, like the PAC twelve. You can have conferences that are supposed to be insanely loaded, and then you know they're not. And by the way, the SEC is the best exams sample of that lately. If the playoff went to I guess sixteen and instead of getting in twelve last year, I mean, let me look at the final college football playoff rankings and we'll let you hear some Sanki sound because he talked and again he's taken some jabs at the at the other conferences, and who should be surprised. He's the commissioner of the SEC their competitors. So last year, if there were automatic bids that went to four Big ten and four SEC, you would have had let's see Georgia, Texas, Tennessee. Those were the was it eight teams? It was eight or twelve last year? Why am I thinking? Why am I getting confused here? Let me see now I'm confusing myself because they haven't expanded it yet, but I know they're looking at expanding it. It was eight, right, I don't know. I'm an idiot, really really finishing strong here. In my last week on Sports Talk seven ninety there were let's see twelve, Yeah, there were twelve, So if there were if they put in sixteen, let's just say that the playoff last year was the way that the SEC and the Big Ten want, meaning four automatic bids for those members, and you've got four automatic for the Big Ten. And let's say we're going to sixteen and it's not twelve, because that's what they're pushing for, is to expand it to sixteen and then make it to where half the field is just automatically given to the Big Ten and the SEC. Again, they may have years where they're deserving of eleven of the sixteen, but they should earn that. They should go play and win games and be good enough to determine that, not just have it. Well, you know they're in the SEC. So it's not about like, well, we can't have too many SEC teams. I don't see a scenario where would ever work out this way, just because of how college football exists and only being twelve regular season games. But there may be a year where you got to put fifteen to the sixteen teams from the SEC in because they're just that good. I'm not against that would never happen. That's a stupid hypothetic hypothetical to throw at you. But what I'm saying is that this isn't about me claiming the SEC is not great. But if they're as great as they think they are and as great as I think they are, just go earn it. Like this is now getting into the conversation, is if there's teams last year that got left out that truly feel as if they belonged, and like that's just delusion and it's an arrogance that is just unheard of, just assuming that any other league, Well it is not the SEC. I mean, Alabama didn't get in, They got blown out by a bad Oklahoma team. They lost to Vandyvandy is still Vandy too, by the way. I know, they're not what they once were, but like Vandy, maybe that's the best example of the arrogance in the SEC, because it started to turn to where they wanted you to view Vandy as a quality loss. Bandy lost to a G five team earlier in the year, and they just mean again, Vandy having a pulse seems like an improvement because of just what their program has always been. Ole Miss nine and three didn't get in. Ole Miss got beat at home by the second to worst team, the fifteenth place team in a sixteen team league. Also lost to Florida, who you know, nobody's saying Florida is terrible, but that loss should be held against you. That's the example that I think might really make the most sense. Ole miss losing to Florida. They don't think that's well, it's flips Florida, it's the SEC. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: Really isn't much difference than Miami losing to Syracuse when they did seriously, Syracuse beating Miami kept Miami from the playoff. I didn't hear many people claiming, well, you know, Miami still went ten and two and their losses were to I don't eve remember who beat Miami last year in the ACC outside of Clemson. I really don't. But anyways, point and by the way, Miami killed Florida when they played him earlier this year in Gainesville in that season. But let me give you an example. The SEC delusion doesn't even wrap their mind around the argument that Alabama I'm sorry, oh missus loss to Florida is worse than Miami's lost to Syracuse. They just can't they can't process that upstairs. Right. Syracuse went nine to three and finished twenty first in these rankings. Florida wanted to fire their coach and they messed around and enough games to you know, not hate him as much. But because it's the SEC, they've got this delusion that's just insane to me. And again it's not about it being the best league. It's them thinking that it's not. It's a different planet compared to the other conferences, and it it This year, in fact, was the year where they didn't really have like they they didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt in this year because the SEC in the non conference portion wasn't that impressive. Doesn't mean it's it's a bad league by any means, But like you had a season where there was some proof that just because it's always been that way, meaning you've been the best league, doesn't mean that it's always going to play out that way every year. Like what what has happened in previous seasons should never matter at all. So if that's the and who would argue against that, who would argue against previous seasons, previous eras factoring in how we set up the field to compete for a national championship, that should it should never matter. But by granting automatic bids just for certain conference members, not based off of like an accomplishment before any game is played, it's fundamentally not competitive like that. It's a popularity contest at that point, it really is. And you may have the popularity contest play out to where the popular teams were the best teams. But sometimes it didn't happen that way, like Alabama. If they'd have snuck in and made it, we probably would have been surprised. But at the end of the day, you'd say, well, you know, it's Bama. But Bama didn't have anything this year at all at all that made it appear as if they were worthy of being in the field this past year. Nick Saban wasn't the coach anymore. I know by the way they went to a bowl game with their quarterback too, Jaylen Milroe, and got housed by a bad Michigan team that got blown out by Indiana. I mean, and I don't bring up Indiana to act like they were a terrible Indiana team, but Indiana seemingly got no credit from the SEC because their conference schedule wasn't quite as tough. But anyways, if the playoff existed this past year the way they wanted to look in the future, meaning the SEC Hawks, you would have had Ole Miss and Alabama both get in, you would have had Let's see, what really throws me off is having to remind myself that Oregon is now in the Big Ten. That's just weird to me. But in the Big Ten you had Oregon, Penn State, Indiana, and I guess technically, I guess technically your the other Big Ten team outside of those three, who would it have been? I guess there was a pretty big job, wasn't there. Yeah, I mean, Michigan's usually good. They weren't, Washington fell off, USC was not good, Cla sucks. So yeah, outside of again, this this might be the best example unless I'm just blanking on something here looking out. So Penn's here, I'm sorry, I'm an idiot. Oregon, Penn State, Ohio State, and Indiana got in. But after that, like let's say, let's say, you know you, that's just your automatic spots. So I think in most years you'll get more than just four if those teams are good. But the fourth best team, I guess the fifth best team I should say in the Big Ten was Illinois. I mean, again, there's there's no argument to be made about which conference annually has the best teams as far as depth. Who has the most actual title contenders, that kind of stuff. But it's the SEC But that really has nothing to do with how the tournament should be put together as far as how they determine who gets in. But Sankie's frustrated that he's being seen as the bad guy in college sports, which maybe that's fair, Maybe it's fair. I mean, I don't really think he's in the wrong for fighting for his league, but we have such a warped perception of what this is because he doesn't like these individuals that are working together towards this. Their job is to not work together. That makes sense. Their job is to always do whatever they can for the betterment for the better of their league. And Sankee playing victim is a little weak just because you know, I mean, it just seems like you're being a little bit of a drama queen here. And the reason we don't hear as much about the Big Tens Commissioner Tony Petiti is because he doesn't He doesn't wake up every day wanting to be in front of the camera. And look, there's nothing wrong with Sankie doing that. He's there's a reason a lot of people know who he is, even the casual college fans because he's a powerful guy in college sports. He takes advantage of opportunities that he can when he is on the Fine Bomb Network or whatever it may be, because you know, he's I mean, that's really that that's a position that you probably would want to take advantage of, knowing, Hey, I'm the SEC commissioner. I can get on TV whenever I want, and you know, influence people by certain things. But I have no clue. I don't even hate to say this, but I don't. It's not like I'm following it to see if we get any big we get any big news in regards to like are they going to go? I don't even know what the deadline is. But Sankie's tone was was pretty he was he was upset and bothered by it. And I'm now doing and I'm now spinning my wheels not knowing, like is that because again I think if I heard it, and we'll let you guys hear a little bit of it on the other side, But I think if I heard it, I would be like, oh, come on, dude, get over yourself. But also, at the end of the day, it's like an agent, you're always going to try to find a better deal, a better situation for the client you represent, and if they've got the best deal in the world, your job is to see what you can do in some way to maybe get a better one, because that's literally your job. That's kind of what a commissioner is. So maybe he's just brilliant, but I kind of feel like him being a drama queen about it would be, you know, turn off to a lot of people. But we got a lot more to get to and not a whole lot of time left, so stick around right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven to nine day.
Speaker 2: That's right, we were wrapping up the four o'clock hour. We'll have a shorter five o'clock hour than usual because the Louisville Bats are in action this evening pregame coverage going to start around five thirty. Will hand it off to the voice of the Bats, Nick Current, and we'll certainly take advantage of the time we do have left. And tonight we've got Game four of the Eastern Conference Finals. Big time Pacers fan here, so I'm hopeful they can win at home. And just at that point realize, with four games in, you just need one more of the three and you win if he gets tied up. Totally different scenario for obvious reasons. But one of the things that I've that I've really enjoyed watching this this Pacers team because you know, it's they haven't been this good in a while, and they've got a superstar and Tyrese Haliburton, and you know, he was voted as the most overrated player in the NBA by his peers, and they are entitled about opinion. But here he is in the Eastern Conference finals and throughout the postseason he has been insanely clutch in big time. So I'm sure his his his play has maybe had some of those guys, whether they would admit it or not, second guess if they really do believe that he's that overrated, because you know, the results speak for themselves. So there's a video that I saw last week. I think it might have been after Game one, and I mean it's now gone insane viral, and I feel like I was pretty early in seeing it. It's the it's the algorithm. Knowing that I'm that I'm a big Pacers fan, but there are some really talented people who utilize the Internet to make us laugh, and I would have never thought of this. I don't know if you could have done a better edit, but Austin, have you seen the video where somebody has Tyrese Haliburton highlights mixed with Steve Erkle highlights from Family Matters? Because it's so true and I think I wish I understood the full context, but I believe there was some kind of a Tyrese Haliburton reads mean texts or tweets or something like that from a while back. Because it's his voice reading I guess something, but you can't see him. The beginning of the video is just you know, a little like a little intro highlights of him, you know, being a star, and it in the the it has a voiceover that says, Tyrese Haliburton plays like Arkele in that episode of Family Matters when he went off. And then sure enough this episode, which I remember, I'm a huge fan. Family Matters is probably my favorite sitcom growing up. I loved it, and there's I remember the episode. I wouldn't have remembered the plays and anything like that, but there's like six individual moves that Erkele does in this game for like you know, dramatic effect, Like how is this nerd out here taking them right to the rack? How's this nerd out here dropping nolak dimes always throwing it off the backboard to Eddie Winslow, Come on now? And there are plays within the many games that Tyrese Haliburton has played for the Pacers over the years where he's done something almost exactly like one of the Erkele highlights. And I want to give credit to who this is because it's a gift to be one that creative, to kind of know that he does actually play like Erkele, but then also to just have the editing ability to put this together. I mean, it's it's crazy and this this this the account is NBA edits Queen, and I follow her on TikTok and she's a gifted video editor. And this one, if you haven't seen it, I mean it's it's so accurate and it's just so put together to where you can, like if if nobody knew anything about Halliburton or family matters, but I showed you this video edit and told you this guy models his game after Steve Burkle. And he tries to be like him when he plays every night in the in the NBA. And then yeah, and then you watched this this you know, minute long, fifty second long video and you believe it. I mean, it's crazy. I mean, it's just so. I tweeted it the night it came out from NBA edits Queen, and I'm gonna retweet it now if you guys want to check it out. If you haven't seen it, just at the card connect on Twitter X. That's that's where you'll find me. But I'm telling you it is. It's one of those moments. And I'm sure a lot of us have had those moments over the years where you're like, man, shout out to the Internet, Like the Internet has given me some good laughs over the years, and we probably wouldn't have these laughs if we didn't have the Internet. So I've been loving the zesty Carl Oh gosh, I mean when he want me, when he when he went off on us in in the fourth quarter of the other night. I mean, i mean, I'm sitting here thinking like people can make fun of him with his feminine voice and mannerisms, but man, he's tough. And then whenever the pardon My Take Twitter account just tweeted one of his many buckets that he had later and they said, watch out, Big Zesty's cooking. And I'm just like, it's like, like he's Big Zesty, right, Like that's that's that's too accurate to not work, and he's out. I'm worried about Big Zesty tonight because he's been a problem for us now again, he's so at times a liability defensively when the Pacers play with their you know, they play four out, sometimes they go five out. I mean they stretch the floor. You know, he's not as he's big, he's not as easy to move, but he also can just give you problems because you don't expect guys that big to be able to do the things he can do offensively. So it should be a good game tonight. We'll see, we'll see what happens. All right, let's take a break. We'll come back one long segment before we get out of here for the Bats game. So keep it locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety