Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm don't you easy?
Speaker 3: Boston's final hour of night Side. Final fifty four minutes of Nightside. I'm Morgan. Dan just told you that Watkins, that is just told you that. I am here the rest of this week and two days of next week. But come January first, Dan Ray will be back behind this microphone. My guest Mel Simon's and Mel tee up another one.
Speaker 4: You're going to get a big kick out of this. Morgan. As I listen, as will you and I have one common We've often discussed Christmas songs, and both of us agree that our favorite Christmas song is called the Christmas Song by Nat King. Cole's kind of a different What were we gonna say?
Speaker 3: I said that's my favorite.
Speaker 4: At me too. I'm with you all the way on that one. This kind of a different version the song is the Christmas Song. It's going to sound like many many different voices singing the song that they all belong to one person. This is very entertaining. Would you name that one person singing this song? Please just not thrusting?
Speaker 5: Uh, that's open fire? Yeah, dot Ross who mars he's nipping out the lolls?
Speaker 3: All I came when that happens.
Speaker 5: Hello once again everyone, Yo, te Carrold's are being sung by a client as we speak. Right then, on the folks, you know they'redressed off.
Speaker 6: I guess them.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Don't get me started with these estimals.
Speaker 5: And the Awaians are Indians are watch everybody knows some turkey, my friends, some missiles, some beverages by Hofman.
Speaker 1: They all help.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they all helped to make flancies and welling.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, a tiny hot wait their ries. They'll find it very hard to sleep.
Speaker 5: Flight my dollings like Edell Flynn, he will not sleep.
Speaker 7: But when he woke up, they show.
Speaker 8: The same his way, yeah he said, loaded lots of toys and goodies like losses by Strikeslin Leaven, like spirits of a lifetime.
Speaker 5: And never remother's child life.
Speaker 8: With the starlings running around the house, place and go or not.
Speaker 5: They're flat from the pajamas with their little push sticking out, rubbing up into the night to see a full strain.
Speaker 8: They really know how to fly.
Speaker 5: Great rain, they're gonna fly. They're gonna leave a Danish on my windshot from one hundred feet and so where offering this rather simple adantic brains right there, Muhammed, Yeah.
Speaker 9: How is this.
Speaker 7: Is the usures happiness from one to ninety two?
Speaker 5: Thanks cham all know it's been said many times, many ways.
Speaker 8: Ever cooking Saint nixt Day Daves.
Speaker 7: I'm able Christmas.
Speaker 5: Oh, have a nice Christmas.
Speaker 3: But don't forget to take the pins out.
Speaker 5: Of your new shirts when you try them on, Otherwise it's very painful.
Speaker 7: I don't get me started this whole Christmas thing. Just have a good time and leave me alone. Have a nice Christmas and.
Speaker 5: A veritable popery of fun and excitement.
Speaker 7: Rank then Mohammad, Yeah, I have the greatest Christmas, come old times.
Speaker 5: Have a great Christmas, my friend, share it with any candid bust the Keaton and then a bush darlings.
Speaker 1: I you know who you are. Have a great Christmas.
Speaker 5: And so my Jewish friends have a very happy harmonic.
Speaker 4: God, happy harmonicas and that great.
Speaker 3: Everybody he was so talented.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, when somebody getses Morgan, we can say so much about this great talentlem do all those voices.
Speaker 3: Let's give our call from ipswich cat Happy holiday, same to you.
Speaker 10: This has been such a fun show, so I want to like the song, the song that you were like playing that. You said, who who's playing it? I said it had been Jerry.
Speaker 11: Balley, not Jerry.
Speaker 10: Gry Bale. Jerry Bale, I'm sorry, Jerry Bale.
Speaker 12: V A l e.
Speaker 10: Jerry Bale.
Speaker 3: Did somebody get somebody did get that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah he did.
Speaker 10: Oh dang it. But I'm still listening to the next one, and I know it's some I can't remember the gentleman's name, but it's somebody from Sex and the City.
Speaker 3: No, he never did a Sex the City.
Speaker 10: No, nobody else the thing the.
Speaker 3: Thing we just played. This person was well known on TV and then he became huge in movies.
Speaker 4: Right, he did not any more? That's good enough, Morgan.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to say he did not appear on Sexualist City Contemporary. It is somebody contemporary.
Speaker 4: Oh, very very contemporary, effects still doing movies.
Speaker 10: So let me say this, was it like the original thing? Reason why I called was it Jerry Vale that like sang the song?
Speaker 3: Yes that we've established that, but somebody already guessed that you cannot play that one. This one? All right, play this one. You don't know this one, I.
Speaker 10: Don't think, all rightest one, because I thought it was something more contemporary, and it is and it.
Speaker 4: Is contemporary anyway.
Speaker 3: But holidays, You're welcome, Thank you. Let's you know she's gone, Let's go to Michigan. Speak to my buddy, Matt Yo, Matt Hey, Matt.
Speaker 13: Hi, guys, my guess is gonna be Billy Crystal.
Speaker 4: Absolutely great talent, Hi, guys, And.
Speaker 3: Every one of those voices is Howard is Muhammad Ali. They were spot on.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: I love impressions, uh you guys like Rich Little and Fred Trevelina. When somebody does an impression, what I do is I close my eyes and this way I could. It makes more sense to me. And he is right on with all those things, especially Howard Cosell and Muhammad Ali just a tremendous talent. If you recall for many years, I forget six or seven years he hosted the Academy Awards and did a hell of a job.
Speaker 3: Yes he did. Actually the troika of Billy Crystal, Robin Williams and Whoopee Goldberg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were great pals of three of them, yep. Well, and then they three of them teamed up for some comedy benefit that was very successful. But my mind is blank. I can't remember the name of it for the World Trade Center. Yeah, well, what was the name of the the the organization something? I think the word I think the word comedy was in it.
Speaker 3: Uh, comedy relief for the World Trade something like.
Speaker 4: That, something like that. Maybe somebody will know and call in Matt any great memories of Billy Crystal.
Speaker 6: Oh well certainly uh with Meg Ryan.
Speaker 14: Oh the movie, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: That was great. Sleep Sleepless in Seattle? Was at it?
Speaker 3: When Harry Mitt?
Speaker 4: Oh, when Harry Mett Sally right.
Speaker 3: You are, yes, great what she's having?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that a classic movie line of the decade. Absolutely nothing could come close to that. That was cal Wrhiner's wife that that said that you know nowhere.
Speaker 3: All right, man, I got to let you go because it's time for break.
Speaker 12: Thank you, man, thank you for the call.
Speaker 4: Good luck to.
Speaker 3: Good luck to the Lions this upcoming postseason. Bye. All right, let's let's take a break. When we come back to the break, mel you'll tee up another one. Here on the night side, Dan is off. I am here in Morgan White Jr. Time and temperature eleven fifteen twenty five degrees.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Mel Simons is with me. We are doing the audio Clip Trivia Quiz Holiday edition, and we're playing well known both Christmas and Hanikah songs not sung by the people we're used to hearing them sung by.
Speaker 4: Them, right you are, oh body, yep, Well it's time for hanick A song. It's been a while, but time time to play hanik A song. This is direct from Israel. The two people singing it are singing it in Hebrew. There are two singers, a man and a woman. That identified both of them. Please, yeah, I.
Speaker 12: Show it's.
Speaker 16: A a s shut shame.
Speaker 7: Shot shot.
Speaker 17: Im m, yeah, she at anything shoot so many mushota.
Speaker 4: Shay sung in Hebrew. Morgan, that was pussion. Identify the lady and identify the gentlemen, please, And this is the first.
Speaker 3: One you've played all night that has stumped me. I'm not even mildly aware of who they are.
Speaker 4: Well, if nobody guesses, we'll just give some hints. But they were very well known both singers.
Speaker 3: All right, Bernie, and andover you're next. Good evening and happy.
Speaker 13: Holidays, Hey, Bernie, evening and happy holidays to both of you actually, thank you Mel for Gary Vale and then Billy Crystal And this one here also stummed to me that I was calling again for the too prior and I have no idea who the so i'd say, what Steve Lawrence and Edie Gourmet is a guess?
Speaker 4: Bingo, you get it? That was Steve Lawrence and Edie Gourmet.
Speaker 6: Wow, now that was a guess.
Speaker 4: Well, let's a heck of a guest.
Speaker 12: Rob.
Speaker 4: Would you play about thirty thirty forty seconds of it? And as you listen to it, you're going to say, yeah, that's Steve and dye Rob, give that a go.
Speaker 15: Number ten.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Could you hear guys?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 13: I could?
Speaker 1: I did? I did?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 13: In the phone and the song first opened up and started, it wasn't clear that it was them. And I actually told my wife listening and she goes, I don't have a clue, and I said, I think it might be Stephen Edy, but again it was calling for Jerry Vale and Billy Crystal those words, Yeah, so that is your wife?
Speaker 3: Really is your wife right there with you?
Speaker 13: My wife actually is right here with me. Yes, he's read.
Speaker 3: What's your name? What's her name Mary. Mary, can't you have successfully gotten one? Give Mary the phone. We'll play another one just for Mary.
Speaker 12: Oh, thank you?
Speaker 3: Hello Mary, Hello, how are you fine? We're gonna play one for you now, Okay, now, because you don't want Bernie to have one up on you. He'll he'll never let you live it down for the rest of the week. And I got Stephen. All right, mel Well, you told them.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, Mark, you really told them, real real good. Well, all right, Morgan, here's your trivia question. The biggest selling song of all time, the biggest selling record of all time was what White Christmas?
Speaker 3: Bye your bingal Mary.
Speaker 4: Krosby absolutely right now. The reason I asked you those two questions because here's an interesting version of White Christmas. This was never done on record. I got this from one of my old time radio shows. I'm a big collector of the old radio shows, you know, since I'm a kid.
Speaker 12: And when you hear this, this is my one of my all.
Speaker 4: Time favorite performers and his version of White Christmas. Remember, never recorded on record from my old time radio collection. Name the singer please a.
Speaker 7: Most just like the ones I used to know.
Speaker 1: Where the treetops listen and children listen.
Speaker 15: To here.
Speaker 1: Sleigh Bell in the snow dreaming brother war to listener were the Heavery Christmas card.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 1: May your day be married, and brow and they all.
Speaker 4: Lists interesting version of white Christmas? Are guys?
Speaker 12: I haven't guess beautiful ye.
Speaker 4: Had he recorded that, I'm not saying he would have be big being being was the best, but I think this would have sold a few copies had ever been released.
Speaker 10: Would have Okay, I think it's Al Jolson, son.
Speaker 4: Of Again, what an intelligent family boy. You and your husband both got it right? Is who considered himself the world's greatest entertainer?
Speaker 3: And Al Jolson was a tougher get than Steven Edie so Bernie.
Speaker 4: If it was the younger person, Morgan, I don't think they would have had a clue right over the years. Many times over the years I've played Joelson, and the older folks know it. The younger people say, al who you know? They have no idea who he is?
Speaker 3: Bernie, your wife deserves breakfast in bed on Christmas?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Great, there you go.
Speaker 10: Heasually makes me breakfast every day.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a husband you have.
Speaker 11: Yes, indeed it's table, but that's.
Speaker 15: Okay, all right? You two.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the calling. Happy all days to you.
Speaker 13: Okay, thank you you too, right, thank you?
Speaker 4: You know Morgan. One of my very favorite movies was The Josh Story, and it made Larry Parks into a star. He was basically a B player, you know, some of the B movies, and he did a great job miming the Johson did the singing of the Jolson Story. The Parks, I thought did a wonderful job. Received an Academy Award nomination that year, but he didn't didn't receive the award, he just was nominated. And then they did a sequel to it. It was so successful called Joelson Sings Again. They did that two years later and they were working on a third Jolson movie, basically entertaining the troop throughout World War two in Korea, and unfortunately he passed away and that never came to be. All right, y up, another one, have we got time?
Speaker 1: We have time?
Speaker 4: This is called Christmas Old Lang Sign a little bit different named the singer Please.
Speaker 9: When Missile Too, Timhstled Glow Paint.
Speaker 1: Val back Home, I go.
Speaker 7: Hello for Christmas, oh lines, and.
Speaker 1: We gather.
Speaker 7: The tree.
Speaker 3: Our voice is all a comebine.
Speaker 17: And sweet accord, Define the Lord for a Christmas old lines.
Speaker 4: N a well well known singer in his own right gang name him please six.
Speaker 3: One, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty eight eight, eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty. And I say this every time I have mel On if I had a budget, and I don't, but if I had a budget, shows like this would cost me a couple thousand dollars. People like Mel and ste Fink and one of to others, they put a lot of energy, work hours into providing these sounds for you, the listening audience, be it the Morgan Show on Saturday or night side during Dan Ray hours. And I can't thank Mel enough for all the work he puts into doing these shows, because he doesn't do it just for me. He does it for you, the listening audience. And the fact that he was on twice whatever the first Saturday I think it was, I'm not even going to guess the first Saturday of December and now the twenty third of December. That's a lot of work for one man to do. And Meil, I thank you well.
Speaker 4: It's my pleasure. As I've told you many many times, it's the labor of love working with you both personally and professionally. You're one of my best friends.
Speaker 3: And you've done it through four busy personalities me obviously, and you did it through Oh I got them, Barbara.
Speaker 4: Oh what started? Starting with Larry Glick?
Speaker 3: Garry Glick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh. And after Larry came Bob Rawley, Uh, Willie and then Steve Ravelli Avenue. Right, So it's been There was a cup of coffee with the young lady if you remember, Jim. It's only lasted one one show and then she was gone.
Speaker 3: Right now, speaking of gone, I've got to go because news is coming up, and then we'll have roughly twenty five twenty eight minutes of show to go. And there's one we just played for you if you think you know at six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty eight, eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty the numbers the call to get through. Here on Nightside, I'm Morgan for the Infidan time and temperature eleven thirty twenty five degrees.
Speaker 2: It's night Side with Dan on w BZZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: All right, we have an outstanding audio clip, so for a while, So is.
Speaker 4: It okay if we have rob back that have them played again?
Speaker 3: You beat me to it. That's just what I was about to say. Rob played again, and then we'll give Peggy from South Boston a chain.
Speaker 4: That'd be great. Rob number twelve, if you please, When.
Speaker 9: Missile toe and tens blow, paint you tie valent time.
Speaker 1: Back home, I.
Speaker 7: Go Hello, I'm no for Christmas, Oh linesie.
Speaker 3: Ands we go.
Speaker 9: The tree ours is all a come by.
Speaker 1: And sweet acorn.
Speaker 7: The lord for a Christmas olave.
Speaker 4: A wonderful performer in his own right. That was Christmas old Lang sign a little bit different name the Singer Gang.
Speaker 3: If you please, all right, Peggy, you're up here on night.
Speaker 15: Sigh.
Speaker 12: Let me say you have made my Christmas appear. I was open that MA would beyond tonight. And I love all this music because all my music was destroyed where I live and the listeners Robber stealer for songs. I'm just gonna take a gift.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 6: Is that.
Speaker 15: What you get?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, talking to the phone. What is your guess?
Speaker 12: Is it Frank Sinatra?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Not Frank Sinatra, good guess but not he Sorry God?
Speaker 12: I love him all right? Sweet hot you too, have a wonderful holiday. You're bringing snap happiness to people.
Speaker 3: Thank you, what happened to all your music? How did you lose it?
Speaker 12: Somebody asked. I had to have somebody come in and take cut it out of my bedroom and I went to go play nineteen Cole's Unforgettable and All with music, and I couldn't find it. This is the first year I never put up my little Christmas tree. But you have made my Christmas tonight.
Speaker 15: So much.
Speaker 3: But someone's stolen out of your house.
Speaker 12: Thanks so much. Yesterday you're telling your apartment and I couldn't find all my music. It's terrible because I used to sing downtown and it's the guild by things came in Wednesday night to they could identify songs they sang and playing Sinatra. I would give them a glass of champagne. Also the man to say identified my music. I gave them all spice hits. Oh. I miss all the beautiful people that I missed, and you too are just special. I love you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 12: Holiday and a healthy New Year. On the interfake one.
Speaker 15: To you, thank you well.
Speaker 3: Good But he appreciate Piggy appreciating us?
Speaker 4: Isn't that awful? Somebody's stealing her music? Wow?
Speaker 3: There had to be someone she knows that got into her house. Wow, and sotill just I don't know if they stole other things, but primarily to steal her music.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You can't take that much lower than that, Morgan, can you.
Speaker 3: That's a suspicious bone in my body.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Anyway, all right.
Speaker 4: Uncle Melo, nobody has guessed this. It's Christmas old length sign named the singer. Please and Rob, for.
Speaker 3: The heck of it, play it one more tired, not all the way through, just about twenty seconds.
Speaker 14: That great rub and missile too.
Speaker 9: Tis blow paint.
Speaker 7: Val back Home, I go, Hello Christmas?
Speaker 12: All right, don't you know that?
Speaker 3: And Petty against Frank Sinatra and you know what? That's in the right era.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, But that's let's lasted a lot longer than this, gentleman. But the time was pretty good as far as their careers. At the same time.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Framingham and speak with Bob. Happy holidays, Bob, welcome tonight's side.
Speaker 15: Hey, same to you. Is that Bobby Darren?
Speaker 4: Of course, Bobby Darren. You know the song that he did that really knocked me out was was my mind just went blank?
Speaker 3: Beyond the sea, No, beyond the.
Speaker 14: Clementine, No before that, things, splitch splash, Mac the Knife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his version of Mac the Knife blew me away.
Speaker 3: And he worked so great with an orchestra. Well, his voice was.
Speaker 4: Talent. Died very young. Unfortunately, he was only thirty seven thirty eight years old when he died. But what a legacy he left behind. I can remember when he married Sandra d and they were supposed to be the couple, but the couple did not last that long. It was was an experience.
Speaker 3: He was starting at the movies and they he and Sandra were in a movie together, the title Escapes Me. But he was just starting to get a movie career going. He was in a western or two contemporary film, and then.
Speaker 4: We lost him, and then we lost the man. Kind of hit records throughout his career. I loved it, just about everything he did. One of my favorite singers.
Speaker 15: I met him in Bob Boston. I was in the hotel room with him and my father.
Speaker 3: What did your father do?
Speaker 15: He wrote for the Herald and he entered Tom and Colin right. What was his name, Ken Mayer?
Speaker 3: Is this Bobob? Is this Bobby from United Liquors?
Speaker 15: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: I didn't recognize your voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I was a big fan of your dad's as well. Your dad was terrific.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: I bumped into you once or twice at some of the record shows. If I remember Bob in.
Speaker 15: My career, that's right? Do they still.
Speaker 4: They still have him? The next one is in February, and I pick up the strangest stuff at some of these shows that nobody wants. Everybody wants to old rock and roll records and I'm looking for crazy craziness.
Speaker 15: Right, Is that in Denham? Still?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's in Debt him. It's not of the same uh, same Veterans place. It's diagonally across the street at another veterans place right right by Tahiti, the Chinese restaurant.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I have this about four or five times a year and it's always packed.
Speaker 15: What is it called? Now? What is the name of it?
Speaker 4: I have a I have a card here and I'll read you the exact Hang onto there it is, I can answer your question. Okay. It's called the Original New England Vinyl Record and CD Show and it's okay, FW Post in Denham. I don't have the date of the next one, Bob, but I know it's in February.
Speaker 15: Okay, I'll look that up on the computer.
Speaker 4: Absolutely if you collect old records. It's a hell of a show.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you would like that.
Speaker 4: To Morgan, well, maybe I think you've ever got to one of those shows, have you have?
Speaker 3: I have not, but who knows. This year might be the first time.
Speaker 4: Well, i'll kind of again that you can go.
Speaker 3: Sure, Well, when when Mel gets the date, Mel, give it to me and we'll see and Bob movie.
Speaker 4: I should get the date sometime around the middle of January. That's when they usually send up these postcards. And Bob, I think you will enjoy it too. It's been a while since you have been.
Speaker 15: Yes, Bob, have a nice holiday.
Speaker 3: Happy holiday to you too.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Bob.
Speaker 15: Sometime I'll come down and see you. Morgan down Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Mel will be there too, he comes almost every Tuesday.
Speaker 12: You will love it.
Speaker 4: Morgan does the hell of a show. And you can't beat the food. The food is terrific.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, Bobby, Bye, Bobe, Thank you guys.
Speaker 15: Nice talking to you Bett.
Speaker 3: All right now, uncle Mel, before you tea one up, I've got to take another news hit. The last break of the hour show, we have Jim holding in New Hampshire, so he'll be the first to take a crack at it. And that's basically all I have to tell you except this time and temperature eleven forty five twenty five degrees.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World, Nice Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back roughly, only maybe nine minutes of show to go, so Mel to up another one or do we have hey?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Actually, you know, we've had such a great callers and intelligent callers. This is my last cut and that's the first time I've ever run out of material in all the years I've been with you. But this is a Honecker song. As a matter of fact, a wouldn't be a Hannaka party unless this song was played. I must have played this song over the years thousands of times. Now, let's not give any hints at all. This is a toughie. If we were giving T shirts, boy, this would be worth a T shirt. The gentleman singing Havana Gill is not the type of gentleman you would think to be doing it, far from it. So basically, would you name this gentleman?
Speaker 11: Please?
Speaker 4: Gentlemen singing? How about a Gilla. Would you name him please? Folks, I have a.
Speaker 3: Guest, but let me give Jim from New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: They have a no hints, Morgan. I want to get some mileage out of this.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jim, do you.
Speaker 4: Think you know?
Speaker 6: I am Merry Christmas. I actually called in about the Bobby Darren Christmas old agg sign and you had mentioned earlier a nightclub in Revere.
Speaker 15: With Gerry Vale.
Speaker 4: I remember years ago.
Speaker 6: I don't know about Revere, but there was a nightclub in Salisbury.
Speaker 4: Beach, oh also named the Frolics.
Speaker 6: The Frolics, and I was just a little kid, but Bobby Darren appeared there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had a lot of name x. I had a college buddy. They used to work there in the summers.
Speaker 15: But I know of it.
Speaker 4: I was like, I say, it was never there, but it was a great club.
Speaker 6: I told me that you mentioned with sand review. I think that was come September, but I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not either. She was a good looking lady, great face, great body, and her notoriety did not last that long, if I recall, and they made.
Speaker 3: Fun of her in Greece. Look at me, I'm Sandra.
Speaker 15: Dy look at me.
Speaker 3: I'm Sandre dy right right, yeah, but do you know the song which has.
Speaker 6: No idea who this current singer is. But I'm going just like crazy guess and say, Telly Savalas, tell me how did you come up with no idea? He just said someone unusual?
Speaker 4: Well, he certainly is unusual, and the gentleman singing would be an unusual person singing it. So nice, try, really nice, try, but it's not Telly.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, thanks to you might call and have a good holiday YouTube.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thanks you.
Speaker 3: And now, unless we get someone that calls in right now, I have a guess who we will.
Speaker 4: What if we had Rob play maybe thirty forty seconds of it? The gentleman is quite unlikely to sing this song farthest from what you would picture. Rob, give it a shot, just for a few seconds. Okay, An he calls on this one, Morgan, it's.
Speaker 15: A tough one.
Speaker 3: Ohio. Carter, you're roup?
Speaker 15: Hey, everyone, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Who do you want to guess?
Speaker 15: I want to get Harry Belafonte.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, Harry Belafonte did do a very good version of heven a Guilla one of his early albums, which I remember did a terrific job. But it is not Harry Belafonte. But it's a very good kiss.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Thank you, I for to try all right Enjolia Holliday likewisecda, thank you.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna let me get And now I want to tell people I don't know who mel puts down. I'll say eighty five percent. I know the identities.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you're right there, pretty good, and I wouldn't be surprised if you get this right on the right on the nose.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we have a guest from Winter Steve Stephen winterp wants to take a guess. How nice?
Speaker 11: No, I think you played this once before that shabby cheka.
Speaker 3: That's what I wanted to guess. And you know why the very beginning orchestration in the twist.
Speaker 4: Exactly where to go?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 4: How you knew it, Steve?
Speaker 11: No, I knew it because you played that a while ago.
Speaker 4: Maybe absolutely right. I did play it before, so so.
Speaker 11: I remember, Well that's great. So you have be comic amel and merry Christmas logans. Steve, Thank you, yes, be well, that's all.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Thanks same to you.
Speaker 11: Great show you.
Speaker 3: The opening orchestration exact best tint identical.
Speaker 4: To the twist, of course the blair.
Speaker 3: Of the horns.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, yep. I knew somehow in the back of my mind you would have gotten it, because you were sharp enough to realize just from the opening.
Speaker 3: Music, right, But you didn't want me to guess how come.
Speaker 4: I thought we'd get a few more calls, and we did it the last minute, which was great. It was a little embarrassed because I've never run out of material before, but we had some very sharp, intelligent calls this evening. People were right on and that's.
Speaker 3: Because of you. You raised the bar every time you do audio clip trivia quins.
Speaker 4: Shucks, Morgan Bar. It was a delightful evening as usual. I love doing your show, and you've been a great pal for many years.
Speaker 3: I think you said fourteen years we've been together.
Speaker 4: We're starting our fourteenth year. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, I want to tell you this, your friendship is worth its weight in gold, and I thank you.
Speaker 4: Wow. Oh, you knocked me out, Morgan. I feel the same way about you. We've been passed for many, many years, and I treasure our friendship as do I thank you so much. We will miss you tomorrow at the midway. But in case Bob wants to serve me a second lobster in your honor, I will eat it.
Speaker 3: You you would eat the lobster that would have gone to me?
Speaker 4: What my pleasure? Of course?
Speaker 1: What a pail?
Speaker 3: Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, if Bobby is listening, and he probably is, Bobby saying, in addition to the lobster, I'm going to get if you could serve Morgan's I might save a plo.
Speaker 3: Morgan.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I will. I'm saying I might. Jos a pretty nil let me. Let's be honest. I'm allowed you all.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm going to I'm going to tell you this the next time you're on. We're going to do what Gary and Woburn suggested.
Speaker 4: What a great suggestion, because I've got some great stories to tell the different people that I work with over the years. So we'll do an hour of reminiscing and than two hours of the audio clip trivia quiz.
Speaker 3: First the first Saturday in February.
Speaker 4: Right right, all right, Morgan, thank you so much. You are absolutely the best. Happy Honeker to email, Happy Harmonica to you as well. Thank you Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: I also want to thank Stephen J. Rubins for coming on. Naturally, I have to thank Rob. Without him, we couldn't do the show. And Rob, thank you and everybody. Rob's been at this station for a quarter of a centry twenty five years. Nancy, thank you, Gray wherever you are right behind me. Thank you and all those who listened and participated. Happy Holidays to you, be it Hankah, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas Quanta, or Festivus for the rest of us. By Boston