Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following is a paid program.
Speaker 1: Wor's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Okay, we're gonna talk about longevity, how to live long and healthy because you just don't want to live a long life, but it's got to be a quality of life. You don't want to be one hundred years old in a diaper, in a wheelchair, in a nursing home with no loved ones. Right, that's not going out on top. You want to go out independent, strong and healthy. All right, So we're preparing you for triple digits. But it's quality of life, right. You want to be a centurion with quality of life, right, because if you die young, that means you're sick, and that means you're not going to have quality of life. You want to go out of natural causes. You know, just one day your brain says you know what. I've lived my life. I'm checking out and you just mentally stop your heart. That's the way to do it. And you can do that, and that's what I plan on doing. You know, maybe at one hundred and twenty, one hundred and thirty, but I don't want to live till seventy seven. That's the average American death, seventy seven. I'm forty seven. Now you're telling me I got thirty years left. No way. I mean, you gotta see my lifestyle. I'm playing soccer and basketball and tennis and Orange THEEIR and I going biking and hiking. I got two offices and two books and two radio shows and two newspaper columns, and I'm traveling, and I'm giving seminars and I do keynotes speaking And are you kidding me? It's no way. I only got thirty years. I owe it to the world to be here for another ninety years so I can share my information, so we could boost your brain power. You don't want to be the ninety nine percent who says, Oh I'm getting old, my memory's getting worse. Oh I'm getting old. I got more aches and pains. Oh I'm getting old. I'm just tired all the time, my voice hurts, my eyes heard. I can't see as good, I can't hear as good. Don't be the ninety nine percent. Be the one percent where your vision gets better as you get older. Your posture gets better as you get older, your memory gets better, your energy gets better, your sleep gets better. You do more charity, you learn more, you help more people, You're more spiritual, you exercise more, you get stronger, more flexible. I don't care what it is. You just keep getting better. It's all about progression in your life. It's all about helping other people. It's all about contributing to society. Why are you here on this earth. It's not to sit at home watching Netflix. Make a difference in the world. Get off your butt, do something, be social, learn something, contribute. Stop being on your cell phone, Stop being on the couch watching TV. Stop scrolling on the internet. You're not living life. I take twelve vacations a year. I mean this year alone. It's April. I've already been to Atlanta. I've been to Phoenix. I've been to Phoenix twice, been to Tampa, been to New Orleans, going to the Dominican this week. Given two keynote presentations. No. Four keynote presentations. I've taken two seminars won by my mentoring function neurology. Actually, I've taken three seminars, you know, and it's only April, and I got all these other trips planned. We're going to Greece, We're going to Lake George, We're going to Jersey. Sure, we're going to Fire Island. And that's just by the summer and then the fall. We're gonna add more. Always go to new places, meet new people, do new activities. That is part of your health. You want to live a long life, you gotta change it up. You gotta do new things. Work couch Netflix every day will kill your brain. Work Facebook, TikTok will kill you, work school, YouTube will kill you. Get off your butt, start doing new things. Your brain's like a muscle. You use it or you lose it. So you want to live that one hundred year lifestyle. You want to have that high quality of life. You want to be that one percent. You gotta do what nobody else does. So there's the research has been done on centarians, the people that live to one hundred that are healthy, you know LIFs, so they always interview these people, the healthiest one hundred year olds, and you know, there's a love of wide variety of answers why they think that they've lived such a long, healthy life, you know, hundreds and hundreds of answers, but there was a common theme. There were two categories that stuck out the most for the one hundred year lifestyle longevity with high quality of life, no doctors, no medicine, no hospital visits, happy, good memory, good energy. Here are the two things. Number one is daily walks. Daily walks every single day, whether it's cold, windy, rainy, sunny, hot, daily walks every single day. That gets you sun, that gets you, exercise, that gets you oxygen, get you socialization. It is the most important thing. You don't necessarily you know, have to be. You know't go crazy gym membership every day, but you do gonna walk every day, every single day. The worst thing is sedentary lifestyle. That'll kill you. Sitting is the new smoking. So you must walk every day, must move your body. Follow the twenty rule. Never sit for more than twenty minutes. Every twenty minutes you get up for twenty second ends you move your body. I don't care if it's you just walk twenty feet if you do twenty shoulder rolls, you do twenty jumping jacks, you do twenty push ups, twenty sit ups, twenty squats, twenty lunges. I don't care what it is. Just move your body for twenty seconds every twenty minutes, and try and get some physical exercise for twenty minutes at least three times a week. All right. So you gotta go for a walk every day, you gotta follow the twenty roll, and you gotta exercise twenty minutes three times a week.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So that was the number one most common factor of all centurions, was going for daily walks. Please start doing that. And when you go out, take off your glasses, take off your hat, roll up your sleeves, roll up those pant legs. Get some sun exposure. The sun doesn't count unless it hits your eyes. If you're wearing contact lenses, it blocks your pupil. If you wearing glasses blocks your pupil. Wearing a hat, sunglasses, take them all off. You gotta let those sun rays hit the black part, that pupil, part of your eye that's a hole and needs to get into your brain. Then it needs to get on your skin. So roll up your sleeves, go outside. Get that oxygen. Walk near some trees. One tree gives enough oxygen for five people, so walk by the trees, walk in the woods, go hiking. That's the best way to do it. But you gotta walk every single day. The second thing that they found, number two is they don't eat food with preservatives. Everything's fresh from the earth. One ingredient. Foods, your fruits, your veggies, your nuts, your chicken, your eggs, turkey, your meats. That's it. No preservatives, nothing in boxes, cans and bags, nothing pockets, nothing processed, no preservatives, no food dies, no artificial flavors, no sweeteners, no Coca cola, no lemonade, no coffee, no teas. Just real food from the earth. They just drank water and ate food. That is the one hundred year lifestyle. Daily walks, every single day and eating real food. Remember eating all the colors of the rainbows. Stay away from all those white foods. Get your fruits, get your veggies, get your nuts, get your seeds, get your fish, get your eggs, get your chicken, get your turkey, get your grass fed meat. But make sure there's no steroids, no antibiotics, free range wildfish. Make sure you get organic, no pesticides, no herbicides, no chemicals, no GMO, no cross breeding those seeds. Get the healthiest foods, whole foods, no preservatives. That's your formula for living a one hundred year lifestyle with high quality of life where you could be independent. You could be around for your friends, your family, your kids, your grandkids. You can enjoy life and not be a burden to your family that has to take care of you or pay your medical bills. If you're not gonna do it for yourself, do it for your family. Walks every day, no food or preservatives. It's an easy formula. If you do it, you will function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches. To modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplan, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and your life to boosh your brain power. Now, if we want to increase our life expectancy in a natural, holistic way, well we have to do a lot of things. We gotta work for it. There's no magic pill you could take or else everyone would take it and everyone would live forever. Right, There's no fountain of youth, but there are a few basic things that you need to do to improve your brain function to last forever. Now, have you ever heard that when you lose sleep it takes years off your life? That's true. You can't go. Okay, I only slept three hours tonight. Now I'm gonna sleep ten hours tomorrow to try and make up for it. It doesn't work like that. You can never make up sleep. It's all about consistency. If you a little, long, healthy life, you have to have a bedtime that's the same exact time every single night. I don't care what it is, but pick a time and do it for the rest of your life. Ten o'clock seems to be perfect for most people. But the problem is, you can't do ten o'clock on Monday, ten fifteen on Tuesday, nine to forty five on Wednesday, ten thirty on Thursday, ten o'clock on Friday, twelve o'clock on Saturday, nine thirty on Sunday. Doesn't work. It's gotta be ten o'clock Monday, ten o'clock Tuesday, ten o'clock Wednesday, ten o'clock Thursday, ten o'clock Friday, ten o'clock Saturday, ten o'clock Sunday. You getting a rhythm, and obviously stuff happens, but you gotta do it for one to one straight days to rewire your brain with no mess ups. Then you get in these good circadium rhythms, then your brain can heal when you go to bed. Your brain heals at night. You have these glial cells. They're the nurses of the brain, and when you sleep, they cleanse out all those bad brain cells. But you gotta get good sleep. You gotta get in that ram, Gotta get those delta brain waves going, Gotta get that melatonin increased, Gotta reoxygenate, detoxify, Gotta cleanse the brain. So you gotta sleep the same time every single night. Then your brain can heal that you live a long, healthy life. Now, how are you gonna get to bed by ten? Well, what we want to do to be most efficient is to make sure we don't have any electronics or food for four hours before bedtime, so that means six o'clock. You're done with dinner six o'clock. No more emails, no more computer, no more Facebook, no more Instagram, no more TikTok, no more YouTube, no more Netflix, no more Disney Plus, no more cable, no more basketball game, baseball game. You gotta turn it off. No food, no seven o'clock dinner, No popcorn at eight, no ice cream at eight thirty, no chips at nine, no fruit at ten, no cookies, no cake, no food at all. Water's okay. No food. Food and electronics will increase cortisol. Cortisol is the stress hormone. You think you're gonna live a long life. If while you're sleeping you're in stress mode, that's gonna take years off your life. You need to chill out. People's brains are too stressed. Why do you think they have so much heart attacks, cancer, obesities, strokes, Alzheimer's. It's stress. Stress is the silent killer. You gotta get rid of stress. Some times you don't even realize you're stressed. You're in the city that never sleeps. In the Northeast, people are in stress mode all the time. See, you gotta get your sleep. No food, no electronics. After six o'clock, go outside so you watch the sunset. That'll increase melatonin. And then when you come home, dim the lights. Then your brain says, okay, it's time to relax. I don't care what you do. Listen to some music, read a book, talk to a family member, play a board game, draw a picture, take a class, call an old friend, pick up a hobby, take out the dog. I don't care what you do, but just don't involve electronics. Just imagine, you know, it was before electricity, So dim noose lights, don't use the electronics. Have some fun. Reduce your stress, because what happens when you're on the internet, it's all stressful stuff. Don't turn on a TV. It's all stressful stuff. Netflix, it's all stressful stuff. Everything's stress. They don't give you non stressful stuff on the TV because nobody would watch it. It's murders, it's fires, it's shootings, it's rapes, it's kidnapping, it's zombies, apocalypses. Everything is negative. The news is all negative. All the shows are all dramatic, scary, bloody, gory, violent. That's what sells. So you gotta turn it off. Turn it off, unplug You could do it, you're just not used to it. Start reading again, Start being artistic, learn an instrument, learn a new language, learn a dance move, do something. But get up your butt and have some fun. Right, So, we gotta sleep at night. We gotta have no electronics past six. We gotta have no food at night. You gotta in your bedroom, have no electronics, nothing plugged in, no Wi Fi. You should have any Wi Fi. Use the ethernet, Ethernet is a plug. You do not need any Wi Fi. Everything can be done through wires. Don't use Bluetooth technology. Don't use Wi Fi technology. Okay, make sure that you unplug. Use airplane mode when you're using your when you have your cell phone on you, Airplane mode will turn off your Wi Fi. I'll turn off your five G I'll turn up your data. Turn up those signals. Turn it off. You understand. Don't have anything plugged in near you, and don't have anything plugged in on the wall opposite you that don't mess up your brain. Don't sleep with your phone, it's dangerous. Don't sleep with Bluetooth headphones. There's earbuds, air pods. Don't sleep with your oar rings and your Apple watches. It's too much stimulation. Gotta unplug. Turn off all the lights, turn off all the stimulation, close the blinds. That's how you gonna get good sleep. And don't read about anything stressful right before you don't want to read about, you know, Hitler killing six million Jews right before bedtime. You don' want to read abouts Talin killing all the Russians. You don't want to read about current events. You war in Ukraine. We're in Israel. You want to, you know, maybe laugh. If you want to listen to something, Listen to some nice music, some classical music, or comedian Chris Rock. You know something funny. Gotta start laughing. Everyone's too serious. Just twenty four hours a day. Eight hours got to be sleep, ten to six, eight hours. You gotta work nine to five, but now you have the other eight hours to have fun. You got three hours in the morning six to nine, have some fun, and then you got another five hours from five to ten have some fun. Eight hours of sleep, eight hours of work, eight hours of fun. That's your twenty four hour day. It's pretty basic, pretty simple, pretty easy, but you gotta do it. Most people either skip the sleep part, skip skip the work part, or skip the fun part. You gotta do all three and if you combine them, great. My work is fun, my sleep is fun. Combinement's even better. So sleep work fun. That's the magic formula so you can function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss Boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kamplin every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve, called two oh one two six one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan Brain and Body dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: There's lots of foods that can increase longevity. My favorite foods, if we're going to talk about fruit, my top two the healthiest fruits that are going to live the longest are blueberries and avocado. Those are just two superfoods that are fruit. Blueberries are amazing. They have all those antioxidants, they have all the nutrients, they build your immune system, make sure you get organic. Okay, very important organic blueberries. Avocado. They have the great fat. I love that fat. Your brain needs fat, your nerves need fat. They love fat. And you're getting the blue color, the yellow, the green. With the avocado, you're covering a lot of the colors with that. Those are the two best fruit. We like that. Veggies. I like the you know, the cruciferous. I like the broccoli, the coliflower. Right, so those are those are pretty healthy. We like those, and make sure you get those Omega three fat, the acids, these are the healthy fats, right. They're found in fish oils. They also found a flax seed. They're really good for your heart, really good to reduce inflammation. Right, most disease is inflammation. If you're inflamed, you're not gonna live a long life. And that definitely contributes to longevity. Now, what other things reduce inflammation. Curcumin that's a combound found in turmeric. Kirkuman has shown to promise in activating proteins that help prolong life and postpone selling their senescence. It's gonna literally increase longevity. You could get turmic powder or you could buy uh turmeric. I like apex energetics. It's called tumorrow highly concentrated. Now the best one is resveratrol that's found in the skin of red grape grapes Japanese not weed. That's a polyphenol with anti inflammatorial and anti oxidant properties. It's a very popular subervan. It promotes overall health and longevity. In fact, when people say, oh, red wine is good for you, not red wine is not good for you, but it's got there's veratrol, which is good for you, but the amount of alcohol you would have to drink would damage your brain and it's not going to increase your longevity. Get it from Japanese not weed or the skin of the red grapes, or again there's something called rizvero by apex energetics. It's also anti aging, so not only anti inflammatory, anti aging. So those are big three for inflammation. You're omega threes, you're tumeric, and youre is veratrol. Now what else is good for longevity? Magnesia? It's important to maintaining healthy muscles, bones, nerves, blood pressure, cell your health, digestions, sleep. Of course you're going to increase longevity with that, but I do recommend checking your blood work, because if your magnesium levels are high, you definitely don't need it. If they're low, we definitely do need it. It's not rocket science, but do the work. Get your blood work, check your magnesium, see what your levels are. Now, there's something called co q ten coenzyme q ten that's an antiaccidant and your body produces it naturally and it plays a role in energy production, predects against cellular damage. If you're taking statin drugs, you mush take coq ten to counteract the effects. These statan drugs literally cause dementia. They cause joint pain. It's the most prescribed drug on the planet and it causes dementia. And we wonder why Alzheimer's is going through the roof. We gotta get people off these statin drugs. Remember, cholesterol is good for you. We just got to make sure it's a good ratio good cholesterol versus bad cholesterol. But if you're taking that, you gotta take coq ten. If you're taking antibiotics, you have to take probiotics. If you're wearing suntan lotionan you gotta take vitamin D. If you do certain things that you must combat it by doing other things. Now, collagen, that's also good. It's a protein that's essential for skin, bones. It's production decreases as you age, so if you want to increase longevity, we got to make sure your collagen production is up to park. So you might got to supplement vitamin C that fights off free radicals and has been linked to longevity, cancer prevention, even immunity from infections. And where do we get sea from our citrus? Right? So put that lemon in your water or the lime, eat those oranges, those grapefruit. We love citrus fruit, a lot of vitamin sea. Now going back to the probiotics, right, we said we don't want to take antibiotics. It better to take probiotics. But there's different types of bacteria, so you don't want to keep taking the same probiotic over and over and over again or it loses its effect. So there's trillions of different bacteria, so you got to keep taking different ones every time. And probiotics may mitigate age associated inflammatory stress that affect your gut, because if your guts off, that's going to affect your longevity. Most people have told you can gut meaning their brain's inflamed and when the brain's inflamed. Then what's gonna happen is stuff is going to leak into your blood stream. And when I say stuff, I mean bacteria, viruses, yeast, parasites, worms, heavy metals, mold. Do you want that stuff escaping your gut and then entering your bloodstream or can attack your brain, can attack your lungs, your heart. No, your stomach is your immune system's first defense. But that stomach acid. But if you take an acids ever in your life, you might have depleted stomach acid, which is gonna weaken your gut, weaken your immune system, and make you more susceptible to sickness and this function. People take these an acid's, Tom's rollades stuff to decrease acid production in your stomach. That's the worst idea. You're not smarter than God. There's a reason we have stomach acid. It helps to absorb the food, It helps to kill off the viruses, the bacteria, the boosh your immune system. We need stomach acid super important, and we need buy a bile neutralizes the acid. People just take out their gall bladder. I can't see how many my pacis come in. Uh, my gall bladder is removed. Why do we always remove the gall bladder just because you have a couple of gallstones. Come on, those stones can shrink. Why do we take out the tonsils, take out the atenoids, take out the appendix, take out the gall bleladder. I'm sick of it. We need these organs. There's a purpose for them. The appendix helps with digestion. The atooidse of tonsiles help with your immune system. Your gallbladder helps neutralize your stomach acid. I mean, come on, we need these organs. Your body's smart. If it has a stone, there's a reason it has a stone. Get to the root cause of it. Don't just take out your gallbladder. Yeah, maybe you gotta change your diet. If you have a cyst, that cysts can shrink. If you have a goiter, that goiter can shrink. If you have polyps, those polyps can shrink. If you have cancer, that tumor can shrink. But the reason you have these growths is the most important thing. To figure it out, because then you could get rid of those bad habits, you could reverse it, and you could shrink those growths. You gotta do the work. We don't got to take out all these things. Take out the polyps. Take out the good, take out the tumor, take out the cysts. It's too much intervention. It's a big business. Surgery should always be a last resort. Only when it's life threatening. Try and solve it naturally, holistically, and integratively first. In my opinion, first you do it naturally, Then you do medication, then you do surgery. Surgery should not be your first resort. It should be your very very last resort. The rule of a doctor is to do no harm. Surgery always does harm. Medication always does harm. Try and do stuff conservatively first. It might take longer, might be harder, to do a lot more effort. I gotta work for it, but in the end you get a permanent fix. Your body is the best doctor you have. We just gotta listen to our body, not ignore it. You gotta take care of it. Eat healthy, reduce your stress, drink your water, exercise every day. Sedentary lifestyle is no good give to others. Move your body, go to bed early, do some breathing, exercise, posture exercises, have some fun. If you do all the right things, you will function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplan, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost brain power. Now we're talking about longevity. How to increase your quality of life, as you get older, we need our nugents. You need zinc, you can get that from oysters. You need B twelve, you could get that from animal products. Just make sure you get organic, grass fed, free range, no antibiotics, no steroids. Another issue is what's called the methylated gene mutation. You can get a blood test to see if you have this. But this people don't break down their vitamins properly, and especially the worst one is folic acid. Don't ever take a folic acid supplement. Now. If you want to take methylated foley more likely to absorb. Now. The key to what supplements to take, you gotta do blood work. You don't want to guess. Oh, let me take zinc, Let me take magnesium, Let me take you know, calcium. Calcium is the most dangerous supplement on the planet, very dangerous. Even doctors will say, oh, you're getting older, take calcium. Wrong. Oh we did the osteoporosis test and you have osteoporosis, so take calcium.
Speaker 2: Wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't drink milk, so you should take calcium. Wrong. All of those reasons are not reasons to take calcium. There's only one reason you should take calcium, and There's only one reason you should take supplements at all to begin with, and that's because you have a deficiency. If you take calcium supplements and you already have normal calcium levels, now you have too much. Now we got a deposit somewhere. Maybe it's in your heart and can cause a heart attack. Maybe it's seemed your carotid artery and can cause a stroke. Maybe it's in your breast and can cause breast cancer. Maybe it's in your bones and cause arthritis or degeneration. Stop taking those calcium supplements. Do blood work. See a functional medicine practitioner who knows how to analyze blood work and can tell you, okay, which supplements there take and which not. If you go to these doctors and they give you twenty supplements, that's a problem. The best doctors do the least tests, give you the least medication, the least hospital visits, the least surgeries, the least injections, the least drugs. You want to be independent of supplements, herbs, pills. Doctors do it on your own, but you gotta do the work. It's not that hard, but you gotta do the work. And when you do blood work, you can see oh, look by vitamin d's deficient. Where do we get vitamin D from the sun. Most people can't absorb it because they're not outside, and when they are outside, they're wearing long sleeves and the sunlight with cholesterol will make D three, which is a hormone. But if you don't have sunlight and you take statin drums to lower your cholesterol, you're not gonna absorb the vitamin D. It's gonna weaken your immune system. You gonna be more likely to get Alzheimer's, more likely to get COVID, more likely to get thyroid problem, to weaken your immune system, to decrease your mood, get depression. I don't want any of that stuff. So you better get your sunlight, and you better not take statins. If you have high cholesterol. First of all, you gotta see what your ratio is. So if you have a high cholesterol, which they consider over two hundred, but your good cholesterol is eighty ninety one hundred, then you're good to go. So when you have a lot of bad cholesterol, which is the LDL, let's say you got a two hundred LDL and a fifty HDL, that's not good because your ldl's four times the amount of your HDL. That's a bad ratio. We do not like that. And bad cholesterol. It's in all those milk products, cheese, all dairy creamy sauces, breads, the cookies and the cakes, the oils. All right, that's a lot we have bad cholesterol. We don't want that. We want good cholesterol. You don't want to take drugs to lower your cholesterol because the cholesterol with the sun make your D three. And if you don't have good D three, you need to supplement. And the best is from apex Energetics because they have the AD and K all together. They got the calcium, the magnesium, the phosphorus, the biotin's in the fat. That's how D gets absorbed, not by taking a pill from Vitamin Chopper GNC. Vitamins are horrible. You only want high quality. There's very few companies I trust. Apex Energetics is one, Claire Laboratories is another. Other than that, it's very rare. Ninety percent of supplements, herbs and pills are crap. Don't forget that. You need high quality ever get it from CBS. So you gotta do proper blood work to see what you need to take. But most you can get from food. Right, we said, vitamin C you can get from all your citrus, ignesam you could get by adding some salt. Zinc we said you could do. Buy oysters. Fat you can get from avocado and walnuts and small fish. Try not to get fish from the Pacific Ocean. Because of the Japan nuclear meltdown that happened a dozen years ago, the whole Pacific Ocean is radiated. Get fish from the Atlantic, Norwegian, Mediterranean, Icelandic get wildfish, not farm rays. Get the smaller fish because they have less mercury. You have mercury in your teeth that's leaking. You gotta get it out. Go to holistic dentists. If it's encapsulated, it's not leaking. Maybe it's not advised to get it out. Maybe you don't want to open up Pandora's box. Make sure you get a good water filter to clean out some of the fluoride, the lead, the chlorine, the medications that are in there. It's a lot of crap in the water. Now, how do you know how your brain's functioning. How do you know if you are more prone to Alzheimer's dementia, Parkinson's. How are we gonna know that? You gotta do a brain test. The best brain test is called a qEEG brain mapping. It's this test where you wear a cap and it's got all these electrodes attached to it and measures all your brain waves alphun, baby, FATA, and delta, and it tells us which is the brain are functioning well and which is the brain are not functioning well. There's no radiation, there's no contrast food, there's no clause tube, no pain, super quick, super easy, and it tells us do you have depression? You have anxiety? Do you have long term memory loss, short term memory loss, working memory? You have low dopamine which will lead to Parkinson's, you have low aceeto coaling. Do you have intestinal inflammation, you have a thyroid problem, you have heavy metal poisoning. Do you have a pathology. Do you have a virus. Do you have a concussion? Do you have sleep deprivation insomnia? Do you have difficulty a motivation shifting, pass easily distracted, troubles with focus keeping attention? Do you have balance problems, vision problems, hearing problems. It picks up all of this. This test is amazing. It's normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or emails you could get the qEEG brain mapping for only twenty one dollars. The next best test is called a VNG or a VOG video oculography, and it measures your eye movements left and right and up and down and fast and slow with light and dark, with head movements, and it tells us which airs the bringer overactive, in which you're underactive. If it's overactive, you might have troubles with sleep, you might have anxiety panic, you might have your mind racing, you might worry, you might have negative thoughts, you might have anger and aggression. It'll also tell us which areas are underactive. You might have brain fog, memory problems, low motivation, fatigue, low energy, low passion, can't focus, can't think, can't concentrate. The VNG picks this all up. This is another test that's normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or email you can get that test for only twenty one dollars as well. And our third test that you can take advantage of is a one on one with me. Well, we go over the q ee G, I go over the VNNG, over any old blood work, X RAYSMRIS, any test you've had. Plus I'm gonna do a memory test, the balance test. I'm gonna listen to your heart, your lungs, your gut, and check out your coordination, how you walk, your posture, you're lining your muscles, your bones, your nerves, your circulation, your blood flow, your oxygen levels. We do a full physical and neurological evaluation. Its about forty five minutes. It's normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or email, you could get the one on one with me for only twenty one dollars. And if you want to do all three, you could do all three. Just say I want to do all three tests, and you can call text or email. The number is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at Kaplinbraininbody dot com. Again, call text or email so you want all three tests for only twenty one dollars each. The number is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at caplinbrainanbody dot com. If you enjoy this information, you can you know like us on social media. We are on Facebook, Caplin Brain and Body. We're on Instagram, Caplan Brainbody. We're on TikTok Doctor Eric Kaplan. We also have YouTube videos Caplin Brain and Body. I have a book called Boost Your brain Power, a guide to improving your memory and focus. You could go on Amazon to get that. When you put in the name, when you put in boost your brain Power, make sure brain power is one word, and just put in doctor Eric caaba Uplin and you'll see a big blue brain on the cover. It's got all electricity on it. I have another book called Concussion Discussions. You can get that at Concussion discussions dot com. I'm writing my third book, boost Your brain Power, the Eight Essentials for Conquering Anxiety without Medication. Hopefully that'll be out this year. If you want to listen to the old shows, just go on the radio site, website or the app and go into the archives. But in my name, I show boos to brain Power. We also have a newspaper column for the Passcact Press. You could digitally subscribe if you don't live in New Jersey. We have two offices, one in Bergen County, New Jersey. We have one office in the West Village of Manhattan. We also do virtual visits if you want to do it online as well, so a lot of options for you if you want to sign up yourself or one of your loved ones and take itage of the twenty one dollars offer so you can function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you just listen to boost your brain power. We see you next week.
Speaker 2: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power if you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email info At Kaplan brain And body dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with Doctor, kaplan or visit kaplandc dot com for more. Information the preceeding was a paid. Program war's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas.
Speaker 1: Expressed the preceeding was a paid. Podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas.
Speaker 3: Expressed