Speaker 1: Welcome to Financial Issues, where we help you steward faithfully by honoring God with your investments. Now listen in as we give you the practical tools and advice you need to become a biblically responsible investor.
Speaker 2: This is Financial Issues, where we help you defund darkness and fund the light by investing with Biblical integrity. To today's show, folks, it is Winning Wednesday. We're excited the Bible is returning to the public sphere.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I think you all do as well. We'll see how shortly Sethidinski here, Sam case over in the control room and your host Mark Manila.
Speaker 3: Mark. How we feel in this Winning Wednesday?
Speaker 4: Doing great, Winning Wednesday. It's one of my favorite days of the week.
Speaker 3: Pretty awesome. It could be a good time, folks, give us a call.
Speaker 2: Join the live broadcast six' ten three sixty three eleven, ten the number six ten three six three eleven. Ten we'll look at the, markets we'll look at the, economy we'll look at the. News all that stuff will answer your, questions but ultimately we want to focus your hearts and our hearts On, god on What he's done for us and how he loves us and sending his, son The Lord, jesus to save us and help us be good stewards with What he's given to. Us and that's a good place to start, here, guys our versu of the, week First peter four. Ten as each has received a, gift use it to serve one another as good stewards Of god's varied, grace you, Know mark And. Sam it's an interesting thought. Here The christian worldview is the only ONE i can think of that truly honors the position of, servant and not just in a do good virtue signaling, way but actually being a true servant to, others putting yourself below. Them christ modeled it for, us of course and coming to, earth, living, dying and rising, again but also when he washed his absolutely you, know the feet of his, disciples and so it's an amazing thing for us to be. ABLE i, mean anybody can be a, Servant, mark and so hopefully that can be an encouragement for us.
Speaker 4: Today, absolutely it just means caring about others before. Yourself it's it's hard only in the sense that we are inundated by media continuous telling us where the center of the. Universe you deserve a break, today it's all about. You it's all about taking care of. Yourself nobody else is going to take care Of every, movie every, sitcom, everything every commercial is telling you it's all about. You but where do we really find joy and peace is when we serve, Others when we care for, Others when we see somebody light up because you help, them you gave them a hand, up that's when life really gets.
Speaker 5: Exciting the single easiest way to make yourself miserable is always by focusing on. Yourself it's a guaranteed way to make yourself.
Speaker 6: Miserable.
Speaker 4: Absolutely there you.
Speaker 3: Go good, stuff.
Speaker 2: Guys, WELL i hope you all will consider how you can serve one another and be a good steward of What god has given to you. Today all, right, guys let's jump right into it. Here so our partners are keeping an eye on things for, us. Guys and one of the things that are keeping an eye on here as we move through the month Of august is the month Of. September, now if you're new to, investing if you're new to the star.
Speaker 6: Like, money they Know August. September it's. Brilliant they're really, good it's.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, yeah here's kind of the idea of it is.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 6: Right, well well we'll, see we'll find.
Speaker 7: Out, yeah, Right, okay there's there's there's.
Speaker 2: THIS i don't know if it's if it's you, know entirely, true or if it's just kind of a you, know like a rumor or a theory out there That september tends to be the month that is the most chaotic for the. Markets james in our chat yesterday was, saying The september swoon is coming early, HERE i, Guess and so why don't we start the day? There, guys the this this so Called september? Swoon is it factor?
Speaker 3: Fiction?
Speaker 2: Sam why don't you give us some of the details here about historically why some folks may be a thought That september is usually the most chaotic month for the.
Speaker 6: Market are we, swooning? Folks AM i gonna make you? Swoon i've heard of this.
Speaker 5: Before sometimes it's also called The september, slump AND i did a research into why some people might think this is a. Thing so based on the data since nineteen, Fifty september has been the weakest overall on average month for THE s AND p five, hundred with an average return of negative point six, percent so not a huge, downturn but it is. Negative the only other month with an average negative return is A february that's point zero three.
Speaker 6: Percent and look at this a little bit.
Speaker 5: More since nineteen, fifty THE s AND p five hundred has had forty one Negative septembers thirty five positive. Ones so all, told that's about a fifty five percent rate of negative return For. September but we need to understand this is by no means a hard and fast, rule as Last, september for, example had a positive gain of three point five, Percent so kind of, true but it probably doesn't mean as much as people think it. Does what do you think about, It, Mark, WELL i think about.
Speaker 4: It if you turn on the weather this morning and they did a projection For september's, weather how much how much would you put into that as happening as they say it's going to.
Speaker 6: Or you did a historic look would you? Everything would you?
Speaker 4: Be that's how they do. It that's you, know they average out Every september's weather for the last one hundred years or since they've been tracking, it and they, say, well it looks like the averages we're going to have this amount of rain and this amount of.
Speaker 7: Sunshine would you buy into?
Speaker 6: It i'd be more, like, no that's an interesting fund.
Speaker 4: Fact, yeah it's an interesting fun, fact but it means absolutely, nothing, Right and that's the same thing. Here this is a fun. Fact, yeah it's a fun fact that historically we're down zero point six. Percent did you know the weathermen are only right about twenty percent of the time in the. PROJECTIONS i did a whole study on probabilities and those kinds of, things and they use weather predictions as probably as part of, that and, uh they're just wrong all the. Time, WELL i think That Wall street's a little bit better than, that but not much. Better this is this is only a prediction in the sense of it being a weather, report and it could. Happen there's a probability of this a forty five percent that it's going to be, positive and fifty five percent is. Not But i'd also like to point out something. Else you know what an average, is, right you guys understand. That and here's, here Here's.
Speaker 7: HOLLY i describe an.
Speaker 4: Average you take your shoes and socks, off and you put one foot in a bucketful of, ice and you put one foot in a bucket full of boiling water on.
Speaker 7: Average it feels right.
Speaker 4: There you. Go So i'm a big fan of that, market so it really doesn't really doesn't do anything for.
Speaker 7: Us there's nothing.
Speaker 4: There and secondly that the average came out so, short you, know like a half a percent or, less around a half a percent or less on, average.
Speaker 7: That nobody would take time to go to their portfolio.
Speaker 4: To adjust it for half a percent in thirty, days you, Know so this is not this is not a predictor or a market mover for. Me MAYBE i won't trade as much In september because maybe the markets won't move as much or they'll just be down a little bit or up a little, bit but it's not going to change my long term investment. Philosophy i'm not going to become a day trader In september because there's been five percent more down months in the last one hundred years or seventy years or, whatever then there has been up. Months it's not going to change anything, really but it is a fun. Fact SO i hope we had fun talking.
Speaker 6: About you, know everyone agrees with.
Speaker 5: That WHEN i was doing the research into This september swim, thing that was the end result of every single, article even the ones kind of hyping it. Up they, said, well if you're a long term, trader this basically means nothing to.
Speaker 4: You, yeah you.
Speaker 7: Know the lesson is that seasonality is worth.
Speaker 4: Knowing, well it should never replace the, fundamentals the, valuations and the discipline stewardship that we talk about continuously. Here it's just like you, said a fun.
Speaker 2: Fact, Yeah, mark you, KNOW i think this is something that can. Become really it's it's a good almost parable for us to see how hype can drive the. Markets, like why do people think That september is so chaotic because they think it is and it's just that kind of cycle that keeps on going and, going when in REALLY.
Speaker 4: I think it's way beyond that.
Speaker 7: Set, yeah there's reasons why this is.
Speaker 4: Happening first of, ALL i think oftentimes there's A fed meeting In. September oftentimes we have portfolio, managers institution managers dressing their portfolios before the end of the, year before the fourth. Quarter they're Getting, yeah so they're getting rid of stuff that they don't want to be held and have to report, that you, know they held the. Stock it is down thirty five fifty, percent you, know going in the last quarter when everybody starts looking at their, portfolio we see a lot of things like that. Happening we also see mutual funds coming into the last you, know preparing for the last quarter where they have all the capital gains and, reportings and they're they're dressing up their portfolios as. Well so there's a lot of things that are going on that are moving. It and my guess is that because because of these accounting and reporting requirements and THE fed and all this kind of stuff comes together in that. Month a lot of times it's just adjustments going on that that institutional investors feel necessary to protect them from scrutiny from their clients and. Whatnot SO i think there's some reasons behind, it but those reasons aren't strong enough to hold it down more than fifty, percent you, know around fifty percent of the. Time so those reasons aren't the strongest in the. World but since there is so much ugliness in the world going, on if you combine what they're doing with one or two more ugly things that, happen like war like, inflation LIKE i don't, know quarterly reports being terrible that you, know third quarter reports being.
Speaker 7: Terrible it could it could affect it all a little bit.
Speaker 4: So but, AGAIN i think that sticking to the foundation's good, stewart a good investment, stewardship long term investing based on fundamentals AND uh and prop and possibilities of great. RETURNS i think you ought to stick with, it not not really worry about, it just take it as a fun fact and move. On sixth ten three six three eleven. Ten sixth thin three six three eleven. Ten give us a call on this hump day and let us know how you're doing and what you're gonna do For.
Speaker 8: September, folks hope you'll join the live broadcast at six ten three six three eleven.
Speaker 2: Ten you can also catch us On Financial issues dot org slash. Watch you can catch the full show. There Now i'm not gonna catch. Me i'm too, fast, Yess sam too Fa he's gonna out run That september. Swoon by the, way speaking of The september, swoon you, know part of the reason why this was brought up at all in the first, place, guys, was of, course one of our chat members yesterday was wondering if it was coming early because the markets fell. Yesterday now they've been doing, great as we said, yesterday but there were some tech, selloffs it seemed, Yesterday, Mark So tuesday's bell saw The dow down, slightly THE smp down, moderately in the nasdack down, considerably same with The russell two. Thousand but the pre markets this morning are looking really. Good it's green, everywhere with the exception it's it's, green and with oil.
Speaker 3: Too which is. Unfortunate but all three major indices looking.
Speaker 2: GOOD i haven't looked at gold, Yet, Mark let's see what gold's do at gold's green as.
Speaker 3: Well so for all the gold bugs out, there you're, happy.
Speaker 6: All the gold bugs harnishing if it's turning.
Speaker 3: Green, yeah that's, true.
Speaker 4: You know, everything and crude's green, too. Unfortunately, yeah, yeah where we at around eighty. Five it's been creeping up this last. Week i'm sure there's got to be by the end of the, week there'll be thirty two thousand different articles out on every news thing saying how inflation has destroyed our country and affordability is going to put all The democrats back in office come this midterm. Election so, anyway let's move.
Speaker 3: On, yeah, absolutely, well let me just bring Up mark real.
Speaker 2: Quickly here one of our, Sponsors Crossroads Kids, club of course doing some great. Work keep them in, prayer folks as they start their busy time of the. Year the school year is, beginning it has begun in some regions of the, country So crossroads is gearing, up getting ready to get back to work bringing the gospel to.
Speaker 3: Children in public.
Speaker 2: Schools you can learn more about them at reach Our schools dot. Com speaking of, which guys are Winning wednesday for? Today, sam why don't you give it to? Us because it has a lot to do with this here GIVE i think it's a great win. Today what is it, SAY i have to.
Speaker 6: Do my job or.
Speaker 5: Something, no this is a really really good Winning, wednesday or AS i like to call, It Vinning, vensday but actually A french accent might be more. Appropriate because this is coming out of the great State, elisiana where public schools and colleges down there must display The Ten commandments in their classrooms starting this. Year actually the law was passed back in twenty twenty, four but of, course you know how these things. Go people sue it got temporarily, blocked but earlier this year an appeals court allowed the law to take. Effect they, said you, know, ultimately this isn't a religious. Thing this is based around the fundamental founding thesis of the. Country people need to know this because The Ten commandments are what our laws are based. On this is What Governor Jeff landry also said when passing the law a couple of years.
Speaker 6: Ago he also pointed.
Speaker 5: Out that The ten, commandments lo and behold are displayed on THE Us Supreme, court and a face the statue Of moses is shown in THE Us house Of. Congress it's the only face In congress of the lawmakers that is forward. Facing all the other faces are side. Profiles moses is looking directly forward and he's looking at the speaker of The. House so very important in the history of The United. States, Meanwhile texas also has a similar law now in, effect And South carolina Their house passed a similar, bill but it's not been officially signed. Yet it could become law starting next. Year, though very exciting.
Speaker 4: Stuff absolutely. Exciting and so let me let me just connect some dots, Here, Sam, so The Ten commandments were the founding commandments that helped form our constitution and our, laws but our country wasn't founded On christianity or, yeah and it's.
Speaker 5: Even more than The Ten commandments, seth isn't it like The book Of deuteronomy is referenced more in our founding documents than any other.
Speaker 2: TEXT i, mean people would be shocked at how Overtly christian are. Found people with common sense shouldn't be shocked because you, realize, oh, yeah this country was foun Upon christian. Principles but the revigionist historians will have a heart attack if they read, that because they're, like, oh my, goodness and that doesn't their.
Speaker 7: Agenda why would they read it?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 7: Exactly, yeah, Absolutely and you, KNOW.
Speaker 4: I am so grateful To god that it was founded on biblical, principles not other religious principles that are self centered or are ugly or. Evil you, know The christian foundations are the, ones like you said earlier WHERE i believe you said it today or maybe it was during the, break that That christian religion is the one that is self. Less it says to focus on, others not. OURSELVES i think we did that with the opening of the verse this, Attorney and that's so. True no other religion is considered that. Selfless there's others that poster for, That but they. Don't they're really not. Selfless they're doing it for a reason other than than just to Honor god and to care for. Others you're doing it for self recognization and to move up in the in the ladder of, awareness you. Know but this Is christianity's foundations are built on the foundations Of godly, love which is. Selflessness and what a country built on? That how could it not, succeed, Amen?
Speaker 2: Mark and how can it not also offer benefit and blessing not only To christians but actually to everyone in the entire.
Speaker 3: COUNTRY i don't.
Speaker 2: Know if you, guys if you do a fraction of historical, digging you'll realize that In christian, nations nations that have been profoundly impacted by The, gospel human flourishing, abounds whether you're A christian or. Not AND i believe that That's god's common grace on all, men but particularly on his.
Speaker 3: People it's just an amazing.
Speaker 2: Thing contrasting that to Non christian, countries usually there might be flourishing for whatever religion is the dominant, religion Say islamic, Countries christians and other minority, religions you usually end up in body bags in those.
Speaker 3: Countries that's how it.
Speaker 2: Goes so, yeah, pray Praise god for his influence on our. Country and, yeah may we continue in this. Way you guys know the name of the miscreant judge who blocked this in twenty twenty. Four not to put a wet blanket on, this BUT i just can't believe that someone would block something like.
Speaker 6: This that, IS i don't.
Speaker 5: Know usually how these things work is when there's a lot lord. Court, yeah they block it while it's being paid out in court is usually how it.
Speaker 4: Works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well Praise god for this, One, sam thanks for sharing that with.
Speaker 3: Us Winning. Wednesday always good to see.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 3: Folks we're gaining. Ground let's keep on.
Speaker 2: Moving you, Know, mark you had actually penned an article that was published this past week in The Daily caller Titled america has a man.
Speaker 3: Problem give us your thoughts on.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Brother the title of that is very.
Speaker 2: INTERESTING i love that title because it sounds like it came from a. FEMINIST i joke, yesterday this is a manifesto for, feminismus no.
Speaker 4: For just the.
Speaker 7: Opposite.
Speaker 4: Absolutely you, know in the mid, fifties roughly ninety seven percent of prime working age men were participating in the labor. Force today it's closer to it's closer To OH i lost the number on, that but it's. Less let me put it a different. Way one in thirty eight prime age men outside the labor. Force it went from one in thirty eight to one and nine. Today so think about. That what we're seeing is more and more men leaving the. Workforce. NOW i know there's a lot of numbers saying that half of that might be because the disabilities or things like, that but more than half of the disabilities are really not really. Disabilities they're just things that we've eased the regulation on what is a?
Speaker 7: Disability what would make you fully? Disabled those Anxiety, Yeah, Now i'm not trying to.
Speaker 4: Minimize i'm not trying to minimize somebody who's hurt and can't. Work but what we're seeing is more and more men are are choosing not to participate in the. Workforce and some people, say, well that's just statistics dealing with unemployment and stuff like. That, no it goes way beyond, That AND i think that's what's important, here and that's WHAT i was trying to highlight in this op. Ed it is being. PUBLISHED i forget where it. Was it was it a daily. Crap, okay, yeah so you can check it out. There but what it comes down to is that since the, SEVENTIES i believe it has been in my, experience and it's grew in the eighties and the, nineties the whole idea that that masculinity is, toxic that we need to cause men to be more feminine and less leaders and and stop being so masculine and, stuff that it actually has caused more and more men.
Speaker 7: To not pick up their. Calling you, know, uh average. Man we know a young.
Speaker 4: Man if you give a young man, purpose they, Grow they latch onto, that and they, grow and they expand themselves and they dig. In that's not. Max that's not a toxic. Masculinity that's, leadership that's a, courage that's, discipline that's learning to provide and sacrifice for.
Speaker 7: Others that we don't need weaker.
Speaker 4: Men we don't need men that are choosing to not take those place in the market or in the in our. Society we know we need men to step. Up So i'm blaming culture for part of, it But i'm.
Speaker 7: Not letting men have.
Speaker 4: That i'm not letting males those men that are born males have an excuse to, say, well culture is telling ME i shouldn't be as manly AS i want to, Be So i'm just going to go along with. No, no you're supposed to be a, man stand, up do the right. Thing you want to be happy as a, Man take the responsibilities That god has given. You start stepping, up start being a, leader start, creating start, working start doing all the things The bible tells us that we as men should be, doing and start start shouldering THE, uh the the things That god calls men to, do and you will find. Joy you will find, Peace you will find a happiness you never found. Before and you can't blame culture for.
Speaker 6: This you're a.
Speaker 4: Man stand, up be a. MAN i think we need to be talking about. That get, up go to, work accept, responsibility become, dependable build, Something serve somebody beside. Yourself that's what this is all. About it's about turning turning THE, uh the whole argument around and saying, no, culture you can't tell me THAT i need to stay home and do nothing and play video games BECAUSE i was created a man and and it may cause you not to feel as strong as you want to. Be stop. It don't buy into the world who wants to minimize. You step, up be a man and be what this country who has founded On. Christianity read The, bible see What god wants of, you What god is going to give you to, do and step into that and then start realizing the purpose for your, life a purpose that is, incredible a purpose that just That god says are great works That he has for you to walk. In don't listen to the. Culture don't listen to those people who want to bring you down instead of raising themselves. Up walk with, pride stand, up go to, work accept, responsibility become, dependable be a light in this, world and then help somebody else do the. SAME i think that's what needs to happen. Here and that's what this is all. About it's about how our, society our, culture and then how men easily will buy into that because you, KNOW i think that's one of the Reasons god made men head of the, household because he knew if he, didn't they wouldn't just automatically step.
Speaker 5: Up they, want, hey wot'll step?
Speaker 6: In let her do?
Speaker 4: That you, Know but as as a, BELIEVER i know That he has greatness in store for. You and for.
Speaker 7: Me let's do, it, Gentlemen let's step. Up let's lead this.
Speaker 4: Nation into greatness we've never seen before by taking our role as, leaders as, creators as hard, workers as responsible in how we care for others even more than. Ourselves number here is six ten three six three eleven. Ten there's a CHANCE i might have offended somebody in, there but there's also a chance there might be a lot of people who. Agree i'd love to hear from you on. That i'd love to hear your opinion on. That six' ten three six three. Eleven ten give me. A call or you might have a, financial question be happy to address that.
Speaker 7: As well.
Speaker 2: Six three. Eleven, ten folks Check out. Mark's article please do it's. Once again it's On The. Daily caller great. Great piece america has a. MAN problem i think you'll really. Enjoy it james Loved it Mark From. South carolina, HE said i sent that article to my pastor and my high school coach because it's.
Speaker 3: So good, That's, awesome james, So Cool.
Speaker 4: Praise god. Thank, you, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Mark we were talking to.
Speaker 2: The break, YOU know i thought that you struck the perfect balance when we're talking about men and particularly young. Men here many of them need to be whipped. Into shape many of them need to, be, told hey get off your, lazy butt go start work and. WORK hard i think an equal number, of, them though are, doing that and they're also being completely just drained by a culture that tells them you're evil because you're. A man now you try to, be masculine. You're evil if you if you try to take, the lead. You're evil and so those men also need to be encouraged to stand up and mark you did that in, THIS article i was.
Speaker 5: Really good if you see a guy who's just sleeping all day and doesn't get off, the couch he could, be lazy or it could also be, terribly.
Speaker 6: Depressed and you need some wisdom.
Speaker 3: TO know i mean so, many guys and Sometimes but i'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you i'll tell you, guys seriously in, my LIFE when i have seen when you give a young, man purpose they.
Speaker 9: Light.
Speaker 4: Up, watch well that's why. You're depressed you don't have, a, purpose right because you don't. Have purpose god gives us purpose When in ephesians, two ten when it says we are saved on the. Good works great works is another interpretation of it for for us to walk in Laid by god before the foundations of. The world think, about that that we're not only saved by Trusting, in Christ but he has great works. For us we get to Bask in his glory and receive some of, that glory to walk in these Works that he has laid. For us and only by doing that can we really feel, the fullness, the joy, the peace the excitement of being alive in. This world otherwise it's. A waste so when you give a young, man purpose when you give them a direction and you show them That what god has, given them, the intelligence, the wisdom, the strength all.
Speaker 7: The things that make them. A MAN the i know a lot.
Speaker 4: Of, people, say well men. Are crazy they do. Crazy, stuff absolutely you, know why because we have to protect everybody else we Have to god created us to, do that just like he created women to. BE strong i think women endure pain better than. Men, do actually women have so many special qualities and they have, their place but they also have this loving, You know like my wife is mom to, the world and people, would say compared, To her i'm just, a brute.
Speaker 7: You, Know, guy yeah, you know but.
Speaker 4: If somebody breaks in, THE house i won't think twice about taking them down if they if they break into, my house are going to harm my my wife or. My children but my wife might think twice because she's going to give them the benefit of a doubt that they're not going to hurt, them anybody, you know because of her. Loving nature one of us has to be that way to balance it. All OUT so i think that's. Very important god created us different on. On, purpose now not every man's going To Be arnold Schwartzenegger or Batman, or superman and not every woman is going To be mom to, the world but, in general That's what he did. For us we can find our place In, the bible and when we, find that we can feel just an incredible sense of worthiness in this World until god calls.
Speaker 3: Us Home, and mark who's going to open the? Pickle jar?
Speaker 1: You, know.
Speaker 6: Sorry the trick that is the trick that's, right said there.
Speaker 3: You go that's.
Speaker 10: Great.
Speaker 2: Stuff, mark folks if you want to chime in on, the conversation give us. A call sixteen three sixty Eleven and justin has a great, Question here Mark. From texas, He's saying i'd like to know what to do with the Month OF september i now have about three hundred and thirty thousand to invest from.
Speaker 3: My, Cash frankly i'm a little nervous.
Speaker 2: ABOUT this i guess low and slow IS what i, should do follow, the MODEL but i still may want to be more conservative this. Time, around mark you had any Insight for, justin there that's a great situation that.
Speaker 4: He's in he's got a lot to, play with, you know be Aware, of september but not be afraid. Of, It actually i'm excited that the idea that the markets pulled back on average a little Bit in september makes me, Start, thinking wow what a great time to be looking for, some values some blue, light specials some. Possibility heres, you know it's not across. The board, you know it's not in, every sector in every stock that. Pulls back it's just. A generalization so will be some areas that and there, always are it doesn't matter what month of the year. It is but look forward, to, it justin look forward to the opportunity to be spreading out, your portfolio to be balancing out your portfolio a little better by those sectors or those stocks that you wanted to buy that just have been too overvalued all. Year long and now are starting to. Pull back possibly it's a great time to Be. Alive september let's look for the let's look for. The deals let's get excited. ABOUT this i wouldn't be shy. About it remember it's. ONE month i always Felt like october was a scary month.
Speaker 7: To me that, you know the crashes and the things.
Speaker 4: That happen even though on average they do Better, than september they still scare. Me more it's.
Speaker 7: Like gold it's like people who talk, about gold.
Speaker 4: You, know, like well over, long term it really does keep up with inflation and blah.
Speaker 7: Blah blah yeah.
Speaker 4: It does, but man when, it crashes, it crashes it. Scares me it's not a. Safe thing well that's THE way i always Felt about. October too but, you know those numbers don't come out on average or on mean. That way it's just occasionally something ugly Happens, on october and something happen enough in my life and in the markets to make me. Worry it september never hit me. Like that september just, look, like hey this is a great time to be preparing for the last quarter of. The year start start sorting through, my stocks find those that didn't do so well. All year So if i'm going to do some tax, LOSS harvesting i can do that. Next quarter if they don't turn Around, in september you know we can. Do that we can also start looking for those ways to balance out our portfolio and rebalance it getting ready for the. New YEAR so I. Love september justin don't, be shy don't, be afraid, be wise be a. Great steward utilize the same looking at the, balance sheet looking at the, income statements looking at, its potential looking at, its sales looking at, its revenues looking at, its earnings all the things we talk about in the one pager that we have down for download on there on how a quick analysis of. A stock take a look, at that, download it and as you Go, into september start doing that with everything on, your list and start making a list of things you may want to you may want to start harvesting in the, fourth quarter or that you may want to add to that pulled down and it's still rock solid and looked has. Great potential this is a good time and any rule of thumb is a good time to be pulling it together, to, say hey let's take a look at my portfolio and see how we can make this a. Stronger.
Speaker 2: Portfolio mark it's a, great mindset, you know the long, term investor the, FAITHFUL investor, i believe sees any season and is prepared for. Any season that's a, biblical principle by, the way in all situations, are content but sees any season as. An opportunity if it's if the markets. Are down generally speaking, of course, our partners the first thing they, think, is okay where are the blue? Light specials time, to buy time to put. Money too and obviously we have to temper that, With, wisdom mark. Of COURSE but i think that's such a good mindset, to think is you're not despairing when the markets. Go down you're not afraid of Months, like September like september that may or may not. Be crazy you're looking at it as. An OPPORTUNITY and i see That with. Justin here he's got that money to play with and he wants to put it. To work why lee low, and slow but he wants to put it to work none. The, less ang.
Speaker 4: It's, great yeah and justin an average down point, half percent, you know the we see the markets jumping more than one to two percent a day, these days and you're talking about a whole month down one. Half percent this.
Speaker 7: Is hype this is a.
Speaker 4: Fun fact but it's nothing to be afraid of what it may be A good if you have, a concern it May be god talking. To you there's nothing wrong with, being conservative but be conservative.
Speaker 7: On, the data not on. The, hype yeah well, Said.
Speaker 2: There mark folks give us a ring six' ten three six. Three eleven ten phone lines, Are wide open happy to have you here On. This winning wednesday if you got a question about anything that. We've talked about WE got the ag report coming up in. Just A moment craig howgard giving us what we need to KNOW our, weekly agg focus and then more financial issues right on the other side of this coming break six ten three six.
Speaker 9: Three eleven Ten This is craig holgard with your WEEKLY Financial. Issues, Egg focus today i'd like to address the locations OF The latest Usda Supply. And Demand Report The August supplying demand estimates report has historically held some, pretty big surprises and this year. Was no different lower than expecting yields and tighter domestic stocks made for a very bullish report and set in grain. Futures prices skyrocketing the twenty SIX twenty seven us corn crop is now forecasts come in at. Sixteen billion bushels that would be the second largest corn. Crop on record new crop corn found an additional one point two, million harvested acres and this increase was kind of offset by notable, revision to yield which was trimmed by two point three bushels breaker down to a current projection of one hundred and eighty point. Seven bushels perreacre both new crop and old crop corns, saw higher exports with each being raised by seventy. Five million bushels this led to old crop stocks being cut by seventy five million and new crop stocks being cut by one hundred and. Thirty seven million that leaves us with the projected stocks use Ratio In the united states at ten. Point one percent it's the lowest in four years and is getting considering cold levels that have historically resulted. In price, rationing in addition the global supply of corn is the tightest that's been. In six years suybeans had a more barrier story as we saw it projected. Increase in supply the increase was, due to soybeans finding an additional one point, four million acres even though yield was decreased slightly down to a projected average yield of fifty two point Seven, bushels breakre now much of that extra supply is being. Absorbed into demand the twenty six to twenty seven domestic soybean crushed projections up by. Thirty million bushels IT puts the us stocks to use ratio for soybeans, at seven percent which is the tightest we've seen. In seven years we've typically seen price rationing or curve when we had a stocks use ratio. Below six, percent FOR wheat the USDA currently forecast us stocks use ratio at thirty eight, point two percent less. Than four years typically when we get below thirty five percent results. In price rationing the bottom line is that there's very little, room, for production air or supply dislocation in the grain and. Oil seed markets given the TIGHTNESS in the us and. World balance sheets for, quarren bean's end we FURTHER supply losses us from whether or conflict could easily prompt markets. Into price, rationing for grain the coming year will probably be marked by very. High market volatility This Has been craig holigard with your financial. Issues a focus we'll be right back with more financial.
Speaker 4: Issues after this.
Speaker 5: The opinions and recommendations expressed on this program do not necessarily represent.
Speaker 6: The opinions of the station or any of.
Speaker 5: The, program's sponsors additionally all products or services offered by the program sponsors may not be known. By the program we're grateful to have you, today with us folks phone number once again six' ten three.
Speaker 3: Six three eleven ten we got to Call him In And mark from Patty. Patty's, calling from indiana well.
Speaker 4: Welcome, to the show patty. Glad you're with us what's? On, Your mind.
Speaker 10: Today yeah i'm glad you're There To, BE with.
Speaker 3: Thanks patty i.
Speaker 10: APPRECIATE all of you I wanted to know i'm DOING some rebalancing and i was looking. For some tech stocks i'm seventy one, in AN income portfolio and i was looking for down the list for tech stocks that had, any KIND of dividend and t ninety four is the only one that really has any decent dividend, on the BROAD list and, so i was wondering what was the chance of that coming back to the? By list anytime. Soon, It's, on hold now yeah that's that's.
Speaker 4: A really, good question. You know you're right the official financial. Issue opinion is hold and, after looking at this we just looked at it recently and obviously. It did some reporting the valuation is. UNUSUALLY compelling right now i really think that where it's roughly at, around fifty eight box it's trading at what seven and a half little less than seven and a half times FORWARD earnings with a peg ratio of, of point eighty seven which means their debt is more under control than. At times in, history and you know they got nine point six, times free cash flow so it's looking pretty good fundamentally quarter with, solid rather than. Speculative which is good so we are. Re looking at this it may be put back on. THE by LIST soon i haven't i don't have it all in front of me to be able to say whether. IT would or not i know that it is on my list and it is something that we just started.
Speaker 7: Taking A look at so. I'm impressed so.
Speaker 4: Far but let's see some of THE biggest concerns that i have about it is. Its lack of growth three percent revenue. Growth is not. Huge it's, not bad you know sometimes just having those star worth that, just step by steps inch, by inch are good especially if you have a decent if if you have some.
Speaker 7: Decent INCOME with it, SO i don't, know.
Speaker 4: I think that uh i think docs now, Deserves, An upgrade review patty and since, YOU brought It up i think.
Speaker 7: I'll, Do that today okay, so you may be you may be.
Speaker 4: If, we change our opinion you'll be seeing.
Speaker 7: An, Alert, On, it okay hey patty just a just.
Speaker 3: A question of curiosity do you do you?
Speaker 2: Own?
Speaker 10: It, RIGHT now no okay i owned, it IN the past but. I, don't, Own, it.
Speaker 2: Cool, awesome yeah Definitely yeah we'll be we'll be letting, You, KNOW FOR sure mark i i have a note there for us to uh go into a deeper.
Speaker 3: Dive to see, YEADAY.
Speaker 4: And, you know i think BASED on the information i have in front, of me right now which is not my, FULL research on it i would be if we did put, IT on a buy i put some guidelines on it because it might be, still a little early especially with the slow growth and from a. TECHNICAL point of view i know we don't talk about technicals, a lot on this but it may be. Just a little. Early to get in i'd like to see the momentum growing where maybe we see we see a little bit more momentum in it before. You go all in it might be good to go in like a couple of tranches over, the next three months a few tranches. To Get it up but i'll, put THE you know as, I try to do i put guidance on how to get into it with the if we do move. It to a bye, so watch for alerts always go out. Look at your emails, for all our partners we send alerts out when we move things from from from, nowhere to a buy from, hold to a buy or from buyer. Hold to a sell we send those out in emails and we put them. On the partner's hub so make sure you. Check into those regularly and for those of, you who aren't partners this is one of the big values of being a partner is that you get our opinions on over two hundred. And sixty stocks monthly what is going on in these stocks and new stocks are added often and unfortunately sometimes stocks are taken off of it occasionally as well. As they become sells and for one hundred and thirty. Two dollars a year you. CAN'T get that anywhere i think was it this? Week or last week we did a comparison with all the different stock newsletters and what they offered compared to, what financial issues offered and you'd be paying four hundred to fourteen thousand dollars for. The Same, stuff elsewhere so patty thank you so much for being a great steward and we will get back.
Speaker 10: To, you on, that okay thank you, Having great Day, everyone All, righty god.
Speaker 3: Bless god bless you six ten three.
Speaker 2: Six, Three eleven ten folks if you, call in right now we'll squeeze you. In on today's show you don't have. To wait until tomorrow don't wait twenty three. And a half hours give us a call six ten three. Six three eleven ten but it's got to be in the next minute or two in order for us to get you.
Speaker 3: On the show Today mark Question.
Speaker 2: From alvin in MISSISSIPPI he's wondering should i be worried about te one and some other tech players from Yesterday morning Sell off for context mark te one, dropped thirteen percent yesterday which is a relatively that's not a surprise FOR a stock like te one and some of those.
Speaker 3: Other big tech players but should he be worried about that.
Speaker 4: From some of those great plays Tech players from, Yesterday's, mornings sell off well if you're just talking, About the, one, stock i'd say yeah that was a kind of a sell. Off for that stock but actually it's a highly volatile, stock TO begin with, SO i, wouldn't say i mean the thing is jumping, all over the, place and it should but that's a, that stock in general it deserves a little more scrutiny than just. To Drop thirteen percent uh it's second quarter revenue increased fifty three. Percent year over, year that's pretty incredible and it generated eight hundred and sixty three million in free cash flow management IS guiding to roughly uh nine two point zero nine billion. Of third quarter revenues that's an extraordinary EIGHTY. Three percent, adjusted ibbita, You know so margin this is a.
Speaker 7: The stock has some solid.
Speaker 4: Financial steal in, it so my position don't, confuse volatility with deterioration but don't don't ignore deterioration if It develops.
Speaker 7: With app orkee, whatever i'm walking.
Speaker 2: One you know what That, one's actually uh avago which Was, also, Down quite yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah i'm watching, it and you know. These are strong companies, we're watching the, execution the revenue growth that the the earnings growth and if if these if, these things start deteriorating you'll see a notice. From us on it you'll you'll find out that we we are really. On top, of, it but again volatively what was one stock we, were TALKING about earlier today's uh stef?
Speaker 7: The volatility in.
Speaker 4: It remember which?
Speaker 3: ONE it was today i know yesterday we yesterday we were talking about sand, disc a, LITTLE bit and.
Speaker 4: Yeah i mean we're talking about something that jumps just through the ceiling. And, is not abnormals, No it's not abnormal so you also have to look. AT it within itself. I wouldn't freak out i do believe that because the markets are broadening out now that a lot of the institutional portfolio managers are locking in some profits and moving those PROFITS to industrials financials uh and and and. And energy energy especially IT seems like energy uh momentum has just, gotten stronger and stronger not just because the price of oil and her, moves and all that but because they're broadening out their investments as they're seeing the tech industry so overvalued and so over and so much money in there that they're starting to realize that they're at, risk for a pullback and. So they're moving around but that doesn't mean, a company's not great and it doesn't mean that after, the adjustments being made it won't. Continue TO go up so i wouldn't panic yet on. Either.
Speaker 2: One Of Those yeah Good mark gene From, louisiana's asking question mark what percent of our fixed income allocation would short or could we hold in?
Speaker 3: Thirty year treasury bonds, what, Do, you think.
Speaker 4: Well gene so you're in, A fixed income allocation i think we have a percentage set in that allocation as. Thatt allocation for you one way you could look at it is look if you're doing individual securities the all asset, type of asset allocation you probably.
Speaker 7: Don't, see it as clearly but if you go to.
Speaker 4: The fund asset allocation YOU'LL see something like bil and something like that that would tell you the. Percentage, for your portfolio now you probably want to contra that a little bit because everybody who's in a fixed income allocation doesn't lean. Exactly on that allocation they may be a little more conservative. Or a little less the, more conservative you are the more you be CLOSER to what the. Bil ALLOCATION should be so i would take a look at that asset allocation in the partner's hub to see what it is, suggesting at that, time at, this Time right now.
Speaker 2: And mark what about specifically for, thirty YEAR treasury BONDS because i think i wonder if he's asking more specifically about the thirty year as opposed to the ten year or. Something else like that is there is? There any different there is it?
Speaker 3: Pretty?
Speaker 4: Much the same, no you know what that's a good, question at this point especially since the thirty year treasuries what? ARE they, up to i mean they've grown. Pretty strong right now, as far as, yield it might be. It might not be if you're buying an individual thirty, year no our bonds you might not be a bad time to lock those in and be a little heavier, than normal in them because where the yield is at today tomorrow. That Could be different but, I'll tell you what i'll do a little research and compare, it to, ten year thirty, year and three year and maybe we could talk about that next. WEEK on the show i really appreciate y'. ALL being with us i appreciate Your. LOVE for the lord i appreciate you. Being a godly steward we are leading The way for, the christian COMMUNITY here you and I by following what god calls, to be true stewardship utilizing his, resources for. His purposes his goal thank you, For being with us Thank. You for loving god thank you for. Investing with biblical integrity. We'll see you tomorrow
Speaker 1: If we ever forget that We're, one nation under god then we will