Speaker 1: Yeah, Rita, you need that so.
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running stas as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help come man Dix. He is the Troubleshooter Show. Now. Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. You'll see I have a studio full of people here, and I have Barry Miller with me. We'll be talking to him a lot. He's with Vestera Turnkey, one of my good buddies for thirty years. I've known him for so long, in fact, probably more than that, who knows, yes, so so long that when he came out on the referral list, we didn't even do a background check.
Speaker 4: And I'll stand behind it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, and so Barry, welcome here, Barry, thank you. Now. I caught your show Saturday and very cool. And then we have a Deputy d Dmitri and then Deputy Bow did something extraordinary yesterday. We'll get to him again, but I'm uploading a video it's still uploading on What I did was compressed the calls. I compressed them and it was really all of the calls together. That was a summary of the older woman rescued yesterday.
Speaker 4: That's enough set, I'm going to go to the phones right now.
Speaker 3: We solve problems, answer questions, take complaints and help save lives. Dmet you turn your volume down just a little on that bro. Your computer volume is coming out. Mute it. Thank you very much, appreciate it. Frank, what's going on in your life? Frankie, what's happening?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Frank?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Sentry Link?
Speaker 3: Oh? What about it? I actually do you know what? That's actually a company. I don't mind. They have great custostomer service. I mean, I thought, but what's your issue?
Speaker 6: My issue is that I switched internet and landline turned it off from and they just keep billing me.
Speaker 3: Now what do you mean off? And no? No, and they haven't you left centric Are you saying you left Centry Link? Frank, you left Centry Link? You got and they're still billing you. Yes, When did you actually cancel with them?
Speaker 6: I canceled March twenty ninth.
Speaker 3: And and everything you canceled?
Speaker 4: What did you have with them? Internet?
Speaker 6: End phone, the landline and the internet?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: And it was off for three days and then the other company provided and we have cell phones, so no, I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it, and uh and and so they're still billing you. That should be an easy issue. Did you call customers Service or better yet, go on to their online chat and talk to an I a robot?
Speaker 6: Well, a robot, you know what I mean. No, I didn't do that. I called to talk to a person and they said, well, they're checking into it. Well they still haven't turned it off. They snuffed through auto pay.
Speaker 3: Pay. Oh wait wait wait wait? Didn't you turn off the auto pay?
Speaker 6: I didn't think I needed to know. I didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understand. So Frank, would you like us to call for you and just see what's going on there?
Speaker 7: Please?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Kaschina. Who do we have in the studio or at home working? We have bo and we have Deputy Dollar. This sounds all about Dollar right now?
Speaker 4: Yes, his dollar in the studio?
Speaker 3: He is Dollar. Are you there, sir? Turn here right? Dollar.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to step up your game to keep up with Bow.
Speaker 8: I know he's both.
Speaker 3: Never mind, so listen, uh I have I have a feeling you can probably get through to these people, you know. I. I don't think they're out to rip you off. But first of all, you should have you should have shut off auto pay. Now a word on auto pay The only way you can turn it off if it is if you initiated it, if you did not initiate it from your bank or from your log in with them, and they initiated. They don't do that anymore. They use companies. Used to go in and draw a payment, you would authorize it. And when that happens, unless they stop it, it'll go on forever. I mean that, I mean, and it's a crazy thing. In fact, even on some auto payments, if you don't have an agreement with them to stop, your bank will honor their draft. It's crazy. So we'll give a call for you, okay, And yeah, that should a simple one three zero three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five astra a BMW.
Speaker 4: Now, by the way, let me say something about Sentry Lank. I actually took the time.
Speaker 3: To call and wait and do the chat bot and ask for help, and I eventually got through. I was patient and got through. I'm gonna tell you something about the new customer service. It kind of sucks because especially for people who are used to calling and talking to someone that's the way it used to be. And I know we got a lot of complaints about for example, Frontier. They they seized all phone support as far as calling. So I had to do something. Now, listen how complicated this was. I made reservations with Expedia and it went to Frontier and United because Expedia just go out and put a package together. So tinerary had United on one leg coming back, I had Frontier and I had a hotel. Now listen to what I did. I went to Expedia and Expedia says, you have to go directly to the airline now, and I thought, okay. So I went to Frontier expecting a nightmare, and I got on the virtual chat and I think, what happens is we anticipate trouble and trouble comes. So I got on there and simply said, I need to change the flight home. Okay, I got one of these super savor deals, just have to change. I didn't want to cancel. And they said, well, what we do is we give you a credit for that ticket for future use and you buy the other ticket. And I said why, I just want to change it and I'm paying the same amount, and the virtual thing said, I'll get a problem resolution expert. Then a person comes on and I'm on a chat and I'm thinking this is Frontier. This is never going to work. I made the reservation with Expedia, so I patiently just explained the problem. I just want to change it. It's the same cost. In fact, i'll pay an up fee. I just don't want to take a credit for Frontier. I don't know if I'll ever fly and then have to buy a new ticket.
Speaker 4: And the Asian said, let's see what we can know.
Speaker 3: Okay, here are the times we have pick one and I picked the later time or the earlier time, whatever it was I was changing, and they said, good, you'll be getting a confirmation email. I got a confirmation email. Then right after that, Expedia emailed me saying Frontier changed your flight. It was like a miracle that all of these tech things came together, because I get calls every day about all the frustration, and you think that's the only thing. It happened with Sentry Link too. That's why I was saying, I just couldn't believe. I went to CenturyLink and they connected me with an agent who called me and told me how to do what I wanted to do. Anyway, maybe that's just a run of good. Look, because I hear people dealing with companies today, I hear nightmares, and I think that's kind't true. But I also think we expect a nightmare. Sometimes what you expect is what you get. Astra, What happened with your BMW? Hi? Tom?
Speaker 2: I had a twenty thirteen x three that I bought from a private party.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, now, a twenty thirteen x three. How many miles?
Speaker 4: When you bought it?
Speaker 2: It had oh maybe one hundred and three thousand, one hundred and thirty or one hundred and three, no, one hundred and three.
Speaker 4: Okay, when you bought it? How long ago?
Speaker 2: Just a few years ago?
Speaker 3: Okay, tell us your story. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Okay? Well, so I was driving home.
Speaker 9: I've had it in the shop many many times. I spent you know, a couple of thousand dollars getting it. The titanium type is what I was told to get.
Speaker 3: What did you say you?
Speaker 2: Titanium is what the I took it to the German auto shop and they said, okay, no, now it's titanium like this, This thing is solid. It's good to go. Yes, okay, awesome.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they're talking about, but okay, so this you've been maintaining it with a certain shop all the time.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, I put several thousand dollars into this car.
Speaker 3: And by the way, that's expected. BMW's really should be abandoned after sixty and for sure after seventy.
Speaker 4: They are not long range vehicles.
Speaker 3: They're beautiful vehicles, they drive well, they're powerful, but they should not be kept after seventy thousand. For sure. Seventy is pushing it. But anyway, okay, co ahead. So what happened then? So?
Speaker 9: I was driving down sixth Avenue with my elderly mom in the car and it went out.
Speaker 2: It just stalled.
Speaker 9: And I couldn't turn it them on, I couldn't move the gear shift. Someone, so I stopped, stopping all of six Avenue on a Saturday, and people are what happened then? So I someone offered I couldn't. I couldn't get it into neutral to pull it over, and very soon smoke started coming out of the hood on my driver's side, and I kind of paniced, didn't know what to do, and then I saw lane starting.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, plane on that note, hold on, did the car burn up?
Speaker 2: Yes, completely result in flames. Within a couple of minutes. My mom and I were.
Speaker 9: Inside it when it was caught on fire and we were able to get out and kind of run down the highway.
Speaker 2: Which it was.
Speaker 3: It is it totaled?
Speaker 10: It's total.
Speaker 2: No, it's sinegrade in center. Yes, it's completely totaled.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, hold on, we got to come to this. This is weird. Three oh three seven one three talk wow seven one three A two five five. Water Pros the best water systems, the lowest prices, this special going on, for this pre holiday special, You'll never get ever again like this. We're talking thirty one ninety five that will get you a complete softening system for the whole house and triple filter reverse osmosis drinking water at the sink. These combined systems from plumbers can cost fifty fifteen thousand or more. I'm not kidding. Okay, I'm not kidding. And even Paul the waterman at water Pros sells them for you know, over four when nearly five for both. Now they're thirty one ninety five for both. You'll never get a better price ever for the quality. Three oh three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Archino here, I have Barry Miller, wh would be from Besterra Turnkey and uh, I'm going to go back to ask her about a car burning up. I want to ask Barry quick question. I got a text here, Barry. I know that you say you can double your money in some of the commercials. Okay, as somebody wants to know here. Have you had actual case histories case?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah. The company is twenty one years.
Speaker 3: Old Hestora Turnkey Vesterry.
Speaker 1: Yes, but we had I had some family issues. We had to close it down at about twenty ten, had nothing to do with the Great Recession. Reopened it in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 1: I have lots of success stories, basically all success when we say double your money in about two years. I mean, how many do you want? A dozen or two reflectable?
Speaker 3: So the idea is to buy real estate, have it actively managed by professionals, and sit back and watch it appreciate. Then you guys help them get rid of.
Speaker 10: It some key. We handle everything right.
Speaker 3: But the point I want to make is it's not simply being a landlord forever. In fact, you never talked to tenors or deal with anything. It's actively managed and actively researched. And the only property that you buy what.
Speaker 1: It is a single family home, typically in the best markets.
Speaker 3: And then when you I.
Speaker 4: Don't want you to gloss over that the best markets.
Speaker 3: I think that's the most important thing you do. Just pick the house.
Speaker 1: We call it research, research, and more research. You pick the house, We pick the city. We pick the best cities in the country.
Speaker 3: We start for rentals and appreciation.
Speaker 1: And for long three years or more, great economy in that city, not just the flesh and.
Speaker 6: Right and.
Speaker 3: Potential for appreciation.
Speaker 10: The best appreciations.
Speaker 4: So here's the point.
Speaker 3: Those markets that are excellent for buying now may not be your favorite spot in five years.
Speaker 1: Correct, But you may not want to keep it for five years.
Speaker 3: No I know that, but what I meant it was you you constantly are looking on because the whole idea of a new market is one that appreciates once it appreciates. Like Denver was a great market. It's not a great market now for investment, is it.
Speaker 1: It's a great market for appreciation, but not for investment.
Speaker 3: Right because you buy two high anyway by too high?
Speaker 1: Our appreciation is nowhere near what are we call them hotspots cities? Are our hotspots cities we're watching all the time. We have seven or eight at any one time, maybe one or two change each year.
Speaker 10: But we want to cash what the front of the wave.
Speaker 1: Not at the end when it peaks and then starts slowing down. Our research continues to watch it as it peaks.
Speaker 10: We know when it's slowing down.
Speaker 1: We let our customers know said time to sell and find it in a hot market.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, Now, Astra, the car burned up. Did you have insurance on it? Your BMW burned up? It was a twenty thirteen x three. You've owned it a few years, one hundred and three thousand miles when you bought it. Can you know how many miles on it when it burned.
Speaker 2: Up maybe one thirty tops.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's nice. What happened.
Speaker 9: I did not have full coverage on it.
Speaker 3: So you don't have wait, you didn't have comprehensive to cover the fire.
Speaker 2: Correct, I just had regular liability insurance. I was told from my really I'm sorry, my insurance agent that I would have probably got less than maybe three thousand for it if I had the extra insurance. If that, and I'm a single mom with you know, I don't get zero child support, I don't get anything. And I was like, well that sounded really good, But now three thousand sounds like a really good deal. So I really regret that position.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I feel so bad for you. So what are you calling about us today? About today?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know if I have any recourse there were BMW why or.
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 3: Just because it's it's it's a two thousand and thirteen, so it's okay. So okay, we're looking at uh, we're looking at twelve years old. Yes, okay, So why why would why would a manufacturer have responsibility? I'm trying to go, I've been trying to see where you're going, where you're going, like, why would they have anything on it?
Speaker 2: And exactly. I don't know if I have.
Speaker 3: Recalls, protect them recalls. If there were recalls and the recalls weren't done, well, that's not BMW's fault. It's the previous owner's fault. But what kind of recalls were in I don't I'm not familiar with the X three in that year. Were there recalls that would have not have it burn up?
Speaker 2: There were recalls that would spark fire.
Speaker 3: Well, that's where I get So if the recall was done, it would have corrected it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Trying to spank you and send you away. I'm trying to say if that car had active recalls, that would have corrected the situation that caused the fire. BMW covered themselves. They put out a recall. They don't have to go out and physically knock on doors. They issue a recall. According to the Highway Safety Traffic Administration, they've done their job. If the owners or don't do the recall, or if you're not advised or you don't do research on the recalls and have them done, there's no liability. Now, if there was not a recall and BMW knew this was happening over and over and over and over there could be liability. How much? How much did you pay for this car? I don't like telling you this stuff, but I don't want you wasting a lot of time. How much did you pay for this car?
Speaker 2: Exactly? I paid twelve thousand cash from a private party. And I was under the impression he gave me the thicker that was in the car, you know, at like at the sales lot or whatever. And I assumed I was only the second owner.
Speaker 3: But what difference would that have made?
Speaker 2: Well? Maybe not?
Speaker 3: I mean, in other words, I know you're grabbing at straws. I know you are, and I don't blame you. Okay, I don't blame you. You're looking for a bad guy that you can pin this on. But but whether you're the first owner or the fifth owner, how would that change things? Well?
Speaker 2: I think that they think.
Speaker 9: That during the recalls or during the recalls, nobody took it in And well, okay, yeah, I'm the one, you know, getting the the.
Speaker 3: That's right, you know, that's right, and that's what happened. And uh huh, you're absolutely right. You got the front of it. And who do you blame for that?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: Now, if the owner that if the guy that sold it to you, the gal that sold it to you, if they said, Astra, everything's been taken care of all the recalls, you have nothing to worry about. I mean, did they lie to you? Did someone mislead you two or three years ago?
Speaker 2: Of course they did?
Speaker 3: Okay, how did they do that, Astra help.
Speaker 2: They basically said that it was brand new this guy wait, wait, wait, you.
Speaker 3: Had one hundred and three wait wait, you bought it with one hundred and three thousand miles and somebody told you it was brand new.
Speaker 2: No, they said they had had it new, he worked at a car dealership or okay.
Speaker 3: Well, well okay, but how did that cause? How did that lead to the fire? If he had it for new? You're looking for I'm not looking for just a lot. I'm looking for a lie that caused damage. What difference does it make if he had it from new or if someone else had it? In other words, you're I want to help you here, but you're not giving me any ammunition. You're saying, of course he lied to me. Okay, so he wasn't the first owner. What difference does that make? Did he lie to you about having recall work done? No?
Speaker 2: He said nothing about any recalls on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, did you ever once do a car fax or do event search to see if there were any recalls on that twenty thirteen x three that had not been done.
Speaker 11: I don't think that I did.
Speaker 3: And I know one thing. I know one thing, and I'm sorry it costs you this much money. But next time you will I buy a car, You're going to find out that there are recalls on it that I be done or not. Yes, both, Astra.
Speaker 13: It would be interesting if you would call the BMW dealer the VN number, because they did have a recall on a faulty.
Speaker 14: Water pump for those model years that did cause fires.
Speaker 3: That's what she said.
Speaker 13: It's not going to help her, but it'd be interesting to see if BMW did do the recall and the water pump for her car.
Speaker 3: And let's say they didn't do it.
Speaker 13: Then what if they didn't do it, she bought the car used, she still has no recourse.
Speaker 3: Right and what if they did do it and it still caused a fire. Maybe it wasn't done properly. You know, well that's not a terrible idea. So why don't you since you're grabbing at straws and hope, call a beamer, run the VN number, see if it was done, and if it was done, and you can have some forensic analysis say it wasn't done properly. Who knows, who knows how long ago it might have been. I mean again, I think you're grasping at straws. And here's what I think. I think. When you buy a used car with one hundred thousand miles, you just you're going to have trouble.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter THREEO three seven to one three Talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Vestor at Turnkey is our guest today, and we'll be talking to them from time to time about your questions. You can call in about them about real estate rentals and getting into the market and not having any worries when you do and have it actively managed and researched for you. And then we can also talk about exit plans and what they do for people. Right now, I don't think there is anything we can do for Astra. She bought a car, and I don't know people when you buy a car and there are recalls and there are fires, and you buy a car that's ten or eleven years old and you have over one hundred thousand miles, you're pretty much as so well.
Speaker 4: I don't like saying that, but that's the way it is.
Speaker 3: People say, Tom, why do you bother having people on if you can't help them, Because I've just helped a ton of people right there with that call. Did you know that I can't help it if someone buys a car with one hundred and fifty or one hundred and ten or one hundred and three thousand miles thirteen years old, didn't get it checked out, doesn't know anything about the recalls. How can I help that? I mean, I'm not a MI co worker. I'd like to take, you know, a loaf of bread and some fish and multiply it for everyone, but I can't do it. So what I do is hope to impart enough information so this person doesn't waste time and money trying to go after somebody, or they know the next time around how to do it better. But the ton of people listening can tell their kids and their nephews and nieces and each other, don't do that. Ron, you have an apartment leak issue and you were working with Deputy Bow. Ron. I'm trying to find your original call, so talk to us about it, Sir.
Speaker 15: Ron, I called you guys about Yeah, can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yes? I can so that you were working with Deputy bow.
Speaker 15: That is correct for that h plumbing leak from the ceiling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to that that Oh wait wait wait wait wait, that was the weird one with the AC unit or the heating unit that went through your water heater.
Speaker 14: It's up into ceiling.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. And then we came there, we came to learn that those units in the apartments, the way they demise those or separate. Those are putting ceiling units in that direct that they get water from the water heater and heat it and it's a heat exchanger basically to produce heat for those units.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Ron, what happened? Bo explained how.
Speaker 3: It worked, but I wasn't sure if there was a resolution. Go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 15: What happened is they won't let me pay my monthly. They want me to pay for their cleanup, which is fifteen hundred dollars. So it comes to three thousand dollars for the cleanup in my rent.
Speaker 3: So now, when you say rent, this is an apartment, this is not a you don't own it. No, oh no, Tom, Well, why wouldn't the landlord be responsible for that?
Speaker 1: But that's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on a second, you're renting this place and they're blaming you for a leak in the ceiling heat exchanger.
Speaker 7: Bo, Yeah, is that what they're darding.
Speaker 13: So when I went out there, listen, it's they must they must say he contributed to it. So there's no way on the planet he contributed to that leak. And I when I was out there, I even called the manager the next day and said, if you don't get a competent contractor out there to check the free on charge. The leak is going to happen again. Now, Ron did it leak again after they replaced the coil, and now I.
Speaker 15: Haven't been leaking. They changed the thermis dad to a simple thermostad ron.
Speaker 3: How are they saying, bo, I thought you talked to them. How are they saying he contributed to this?
Speaker 14: Tom?
Speaker 13: I called the manager at the Parkside apartments where Ron lives.
Speaker 14: Her name is Amy think birch Meter.
Speaker 13: I called her three times asking her to call me back so I could explain what's going on in that apartment and that Ron being a tenant is no way responsible.
Speaker 3: So hold on, hold on, wait, wait before you just make that blankand hitting Ron would be responsible if he contributed to it.
Speaker 13: Yes, but I don't see how the system's in the ceiling and the reason the leak occurred because the air conditioner froze up because a lack of free on.
Speaker 14: I don't see how on how on the planet they could be Ron's fault.
Speaker 3: He's okay, Bow by the way, he's retired from the HVAC industry. And Bo, that's why you went out there, and I trust your judgment. But what I just didn't want to make a blanket statement that as a renter he's not responsible. He could be responsible for anything he contributed to I thought in the.
Speaker 4: Beginning, am I am I remembering this wrong?
Speaker 3: That somehow they blamed him for because he turned off water to it or something?
Speaker 4: Was there anything about.
Speaker 13: They come they told me that Ron told me that they're blaming him because he turned thermostat down to like sixty eight degrees so he could get more Cooley. The reason Ron was turning the thermostat down because the air conditioner wasn't cooling enough because the air conditioning coil was frozen up.
Speaker 3: Okay, but did he freeze it up?
Speaker 14: No, he didn't.
Speaker 13: The coil froze up because there's lack of refrigerant on the unit.
Speaker 14: That's on Ron.
Speaker 4: Okay, Ron, who is trying to charge you for this?
Speaker 8: Ah?
Speaker 15: This is the lady, the manager there, Amy Buckmeyer. And yesterday I went down to Mercy Housing on sixteen hundred Broadways. There's no one there to talk to, and they sent the email to some regional director that never calls me back.
Speaker 3: So, okay, do you have the regional directors and what is Mercy is Mercy Housing, the owner.
Speaker 13: Mercy Housing owns the apartment building. And Ron I gave you the phone number. Apparently you did go down there. I did call twice, left a message for the regional manager to contact me regarding this issue, and the regional manager at Mercy Housing did not call me back. So after the show, I will call again and tell her that it's.
Speaker 3: You know, then we're gonna go to warbo Okay, let's give it one more try. Then we're going to go to war because this is wrong. They're trying to they're trying to beat this guy up. We got more coming up. I'm troubleshooter Tom Martino three O three seven one three Talks seven one three A two five five. Speaking of real estate, Frank durand the real estate man will evaluate your home if you want to sell it.
Speaker 4: He won't charge you for it.
Speaker 3: He'll tell you what he thinks he can sell it for based on his vast experience and knowledge, and.
Speaker 4: What you will net what you can buy.
Speaker 3: Frank Duran, the real Estateman dot com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Uh, Tom Martino, the YouTube video I post has no audio. I gotta take it down so I don't look like an idiot again. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hey Carolyn, welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martino. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Oh for taking my call? So I have a weird question. Yeah, my parents passed away in nineteen ninety seven. Yes, my dad in August and my mom in September. A month of park was extremely a devastating time.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, were they older older people's I don't know why people ask that. I guess they asked that to say, well at least they had a good life or whatever. But what can you tell me.
Speaker 2: No, they were young by today's standards. My dad was seventy to my mom was sixty nine.
Speaker 3: So oh my gosh, yeah yeah, yeah wow.
Speaker 2: So my brother handled the estate. My parents had had a farm, and they set up a corporation for all the farmland. So each of us, the five of us kids, we've got our shares of the farm, you know, the corporation stock, yes, and then the estate itself. Each each of us kids got forty thousand dollars. I had no idea how what my parents owned, how much they owned anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: I didn't look at any of the paperwork because I was just so I was so devastated ahead of time.
Speaker 3: Now and when did this all happen? Again? When was this estate done?
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety seven? Oh Jesus, from twenty seven years ago?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So I happened to be going through the safe and came upon the.
Speaker 3: Who was the personal representative? Who was the perfect person or my brother? Okay, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking through it because I wanted to look for some the war land was. I just wanted them just you know, where is this land? Okay to add the legal description?
Speaker 3: All right, so at the time though at the time the assets known were the land and the cash. Is that right?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 2: To me, I knew we had the land of corporation and then that cash that I was.
Speaker 3: Given okay, and you were given how much cash?
Speaker 2: Forty thousand each?
Speaker 6: Okay, I was given forty five.
Speaker 3: And now here's what I want to know. Though at the time, why didn't you ask about the land At the time.
Speaker 2: The land was a no brainer. That was that was in the dispartment. We're thinking about selling the land, and I wanted legal descriptions to see what that's all. Right.
Speaker 3: Hold On, I'm gonna get I'm gonna get Dan mckenzieon or one of our other people on for estates Akiel and Park hold On, Kashina, let's work on getting in a state attorney. We have more coming up and we have Vester Eternity with us as well. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two ripped of need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 15: Come running.
Speaker 2: Just as fast as we can, Shooter is gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 3: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I have Barry Miller with me from Vestera Turnkey over here, and then the deputy De's on the end. So and if you're watching that is uh via YouTube or what else? And anyway, Uh, Vestera Turnkey is truly, I think an ingenious idea, and Barry, I think is known for ingenious ideas years ago when I met him. This is a true story. He was inventing, he was developing. There are only a couple of people in the country doing it. A buyer broker. What is a buyer broker? No one ever heard of a buyer broker. All real estate agents represented sellers, no matter who they were. Even if you called a friend and said, I look like to look at that house. They legally represented sellers. Barry saw a flaw and all that and started one of the first agencies and then a national organization. He was the father of buyer Broker. Is that is that acrid, Barry?
Speaker 10: I mean, I mean yes, it is now.
Speaker 3: First I did the story in Channel four, and you bet you were the first.
Speaker 1: Totally the first two institutionalized it.
Speaker 10: Nason Wilde, there were a few. There were two others.
Speaker 14: One You're so.
Speaker 3: Humble, but I'm honest to god, you did it. You took a national and now having a buyer broker is a whole separate thing natural. We build an army.
Speaker 10: We built an army to make it happen.
Speaker 3: And from that came a transaction broker.
Speaker 1: Well, transaction Brokers developed in Colorado.
Speaker 10: I was at the meeting.
Speaker 1: I was on the State Government Forums committee. When that's sorry, institution, little group of people, and I say it's sorry.
Speaker 10: Attorneys created it.
Speaker 1: They knew it was nothing more than a facilitator, and they didn't want that word because the facilitator maybe won't get paid as much as a do nothing neutered agent. Transaction broker and I did. I make myself clear what transaction brokers are. Yes, they don't do much except get paid.
Speaker 3: I know now I want to go back to this real quick, Festerra turnkey.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing I think you do is research to find the best part best for appreciation.
Speaker 10: Huge.
Speaker 3: You identify properties. People that buy these properties are hooked up with management. You have redundancy and management, and basically they sit back. You can't technically call it a passive.
Speaker 4: Investment, but it is.
Speaker 3: You've made it as passive as it can possibly be.
Speaker 10: From the consumer's point of view.
Speaker 1: It's passed from the VIRS has different definitions, right, but oh it's passive.
Speaker 10: Sit back and watch it grow.
Speaker 3: And it is not a security. They don't pool your money. It's legally not a security. And you so you're limited to buy properties in your name and there's nothing wrong with that. Okay, now, real quick, we're going to talk about things other aspects about this. You can text me at seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. That's my personal Google number, all right, So it's seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty or the short code at iHeart five seven seven thirty nine Okay, I'm going to go to some other things here. People have been waiting and I wanted to get did we get our attorney on I'm still working on it. He hasn't answered me back yet. I'm still working on it though. Ask Carolyn if she could hold for that just I want to try to get some legal advice for her. On you had a question about the cash app. What do you need to know about the cash app?
Speaker 11: Well, I wanted to let everybody know that they are actually helping these exchanges rob people of their bigcoin by telling you that if you buy the bigcoin and put it in this exchange, that they will they'll sell it high and then make you money and give you your money back. Once anybody puts any money in the exchange, you will never get it back.
Speaker 3: And then when you mean, okay, you're talking about with the cash app.
Speaker 4: By the way, just so people listening.
Speaker 3: Yes, the cash app is nothing more that it's a mobile it's a mobile payment system and you can send or receive money like a venda. But they also have something which is a CA card and that's like a debit card. And then they also have direct deposits you can make on the app, and then they also have uh this bitcoin.
Speaker 11: You'r to buy stocks. Also, what is going on is they are working with these exchange people with.
Speaker 4: The you're talking about with the bitcoin people.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then once once you inform them that these people are stealing your bitcoin on their app, give.
Speaker 3: Me a rather than making rather than making it universal, I want you to tell me specifically what happened to you?
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, basically they protect these people that area.
Speaker 3: I want to know what happened, and I want to know what happened to you. I don't want to talk about people protecting and robbing. Why are you saying this did something thing happened to you? Yeah?
Speaker 11: They they contact you and and tell you that if you buy big coin.
Speaker 3: How did they contact you?
Speaker 4: How did they connect?
Speaker 11: They just randomly contact people, uh from you know, they'll just contact you on your phone?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 11: Did you have to go on CA?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: John, this is this is.
Speaker 3: Not okay, John, Here's what I'm asking you. Got you got? You got contacted not by cash app, but by someone who used cash app to rip you off.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because they know cash app protects the exchanges. Okay, and they're not the exchanges, but they pretend.
Speaker 4: To be No.
Speaker 3: I get it, John, I get it. I get it. They're helping just like Facebook, Marketplace helps to helps people rip people off, and next door helps people help rip people off, and Instagram and all of those. They help people rip people off by letting them on the platform without checking them out. I get exactly what you're saying. I know what you're saying, but it's not unique to cash app that people are getting ripped off online. So what I need to know is this, when you say you were randomly contacted by email, text, or phone, how were you contacted.
Speaker 11: These you're contacted usually by girls that are.
Speaker 7: In New York.
Speaker 3: Okay, how were you contacted? John, I'm talking about you only. How were you contacted?
Speaker 11: They text you on what app?
Speaker 3: Okay, you were contacted on? What's app from? And what did they What did they say they would do for you.
Speaker 11: That they can make you a lot of money if oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it? And then and then they said in order for you to do it, you need to go to cash app.
Speaker 11: Right, and then they send you to these exchanges is like I G or whatever the exchange is. Austin Cash Exchange is the one that they got me to use and once you send your money to them to to you know, shall it high and give you your money back? They never give you anything back.
Speaker 3: The wrong. But here's the thing. Your cash app has nothing to do with it. All cash apps, Yeah, all cash app is is a payment.
Speaker 16: Say, know this is going on and they and.
Speaker 3: So Facebook Marketplace that are scamming their customers, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: And when you informed them what is going on, they.
Speaker 16: Blame it on you, and they protect them and won't let you have any information on their scams that are setting up their their fake exchanges.
Speaker 11: Okay, they won't get at you even with the police report.
Speaker 3: Or John to get your your ire. Your ire is misdirected.
Speaker 11: So I'm I'm confused here because I'm trying to explain that they are protecting John.
Speaker 3: I understand exactly what you're saying. And and every technology company in the world protects the people who use their platform, Facebook, Marketplace, TikTok, next Door, every single one in the world does this. Apple. They won't even unlock a phone of a terrorist to save lives. Every single technology company in the world does it. I am saying to you, I understand exactly what you're saying, you go to cash app and say I was directed to cash app and I made payment to this exchange, and this exchange is ripping people off. And cash app said, if you got ripped off, that's your fault, and they are absolutely right. I'm not happy that you got ripped off, John, but you got to be clear. You fell for the scam. Cash app didn't make you fall for the scam. You're saying, if cash app knew about these people being scammers, they should take them off the platform. I agree with you. I agree with you, but they don't do it that. They don't owe you for it either. Again, I'm gonna go back to Facebook. There are more ripoffs on Facebook than legit people. Did you know that?
Speaker 11: I don't use Facebook?
Speaker 3: What about Craigslist?
Speaker 11: More ripoffs you once you've been canceled, you know.
Speaker 3: I'm like John, John, I want to bet how much serious an bro? How much did you lose? I just need to know how much did you lose?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 11: I was testing the water, so I only used four hundred dollars. But okay, now that would would get ripped off for a lot more because they try to get you to to use like three thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Of course, no, of course I'm not going But the ripoff, the ripoff is not the cash app.
Speaker 11: Well, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that they when you report the people, they don't do anything about it. They just blame you when they could at least cancel them. People like Facebook cancels people.
Speaker 3: Facebook doesn't cancel people. Not on the marketplace. They just okay, you know what they I guess they do if they find out and then the person just changes their name. What I'm getting at is it sucks. But but here's the thing, John, at least you've done one good thing, and that's warned people. Just because you go to cash app doesn't mean it's legit because cash app will let anybody on there. You're absolutely right, just like just like any of them, they're all the same. They don't check out participants. Everything invented is being used by scammers, including Skype and FaceTime and Snapchat and Instagram and TikTok and Facebook and Facebook marketplace. Everything is being used by scammers, and the social media and Twitter and social media does not do a good job. They don't have the time, energy or money to check everyone out. It's just the way it is. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Man, we do have to protect ourselves. That's why I do what I do. Eight eight eight Heating dot com by the way, eight eight eight heating dot com. If you want high efficiency hybrid systems. If you're doing a solar, do you want to get part electric. They do a great job. Plus they can check out your system right now before it gets super cold. Three all three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Okay, Vestera Turnkey has a seminar. This I even hate calling it a seminar with Barry is more like an informal meeting where you sit around. He's going to tell you about the entire program. You ask whatever questions you want. It's this Saturday at the TC area, and I'm going to give you a website you go to find out more. And it's in the morning. It's nice. It's ten in the morning. So he's even going to have a drawing to give five attendees randomly one hundred bucks. And it's ninety minutes so Barry. People can ask questions, right.
Speaker 1: A lot of questions, and we stay afterwards. Last time we were there two hours afterwards, answering questions.
Speaker 4: Good, good, And it's ten am. Here's the website.
Speaker 3: My Biggest Return dot com. My Biggest Return dot Com. Now listen, I have to tell you this. As an investment advisor, I have to tell you that I believe there's no one investment for everything. So but this is certainly, certainly a great portion of your portfolio. For sure, it really is. It's secure. Remember that it's always secure. It's also actively managed and researched by experts smarter than you. Now, Carolyn, I'm going to go back to you because our estate planning attorney wasn't available, but I was able to go back to previous cases and look at statutes of limitation. So when in nineteen ninety seven you suspect something went wrong with your estate because your mom and dad died and you each got forty grand in cash, was this after selling the land or was the land still to be sold?
Speaker 2: So, no, the land was never sold. They went into a corporation. It was all the other cash.
Speaker 3: Then what happened to the land that went into the corporation.
Speaker 2: We're still on the corporation.
Speaker 3: The family owns the land is nothing?
Speaker 11: Yes, we still have that.
Speaker 3: And is it just the siblings. Are the siblings own the corporation? Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, keep explaining.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: So when I'm looking at this paperwork, I'm seeing the dispersement out of my mother's estate since she was the last two paths away. And there is money that went to a savings, a loan of one hundred thousand, a new account that was opened for one hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but where did this money hold on When you say it came out of your mom's estate, is that out of the cash part of the estate.
Speaker 2: Yes, out of the dispersement, So before it was before it was it was separated into forty thousand dollars chunks.
Speaker 3: Somebody went in before that and took money.
Speaker 2: Well, I see on the disbursement sheet where each child got twenty thousand, year twenty thousand there. So this was a disperse meant that I don't know who made. I'm guessing my brother.
Speaker 3: But was it made before? Was it made before the cash was distributed to the siblings or afterwards?
Speaker 2: It was afterwards?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, so there was still money left in your mom's estate even after you got your forty grand.
Speaker 2: Right, so the total amount of her estate was about six hundred thousand dollars with all the cash and everything.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 2: Then the dispersement went out to you.
Speaker 3: Know, got it.
Speaker 2: Part of that disperstment was for me. But then there's three hundred and sixty thousand dollars that unaccounted for. It went to new new accounts.
Speaker 7: That were just opened.
Speaker 3: Okay, who do you think took that money? Right?
Speaker 2: The personal representative, my brother. I think he opened accounts and put this money in there and no one ever, no one ever.
Speaker 4: Okay, other question, Now I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it. So the forty grand each, he thought that would keep everyone fat and happy. Meanwhile robbed Meanwhile, he.
Speaker 4: Robbed about three hundred and sixty grand.
Speaker 7: Yes, well, I want to know.
Speaker 3: I want to know something. Here, can you trace that? And when was that three sixty distribution made?
Speaker 2: They were all in October of ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Oh, back way back then.
Speaker 6: Way back then.
Speaker 2: So when they when they were settling the estate, this dispersement went out of that estate to these accounts that none of my siblings and that you know own. We don't know who put who owned that money.
Speaker 4: Or so you really don't know where the three sixty went.
Speaker 3: You just guessed. You just guessed it.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing it says it says a new account at this bank, another savings account. I got a new account another sixty five thousand.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Oh, now here's what I want to know.
Speaker 3: Did do the other kids? How many siblings altogether?
Speaker 2: There's five of this?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Do the other kids know about this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I talked to my sister. She do nothing about it. She just knew what we got. My two other brothers unfortunately have passed away.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it would be.
Speaker 3: But here's what I found out. It's too late to do anything legally. It's beyond the statute of limitations, and it's also beyond what's called the absolute statute of limitations. What the absolute statute of limitations is means that even though there's a statute of limitations, sometimes people can resurrect things based on date of discovery. But then there's an absolute date that no one can resurrect anything, otherwise our world would be in a turmoil. The only time you can go beyond what's called an absolute statute of limitations is when a law is changed to allow people to do it, such as the Catholic Church lawsuits the government. I forget what if it was a state or federal There were laws passed allowing victims of sexual abuse to reopen case or to open cases, which allowed a bunch of lawsuits against I believe, the Catholic Church and the Boy Scouts. Okay. Then there was one other time when the law was changed to allow people to get around the statute of limitations, and that was for sexual assault in New York, and that was to go after Donald Trump, because the only lawsuit filed when that law was passed was the one against Trump, and then the laws buyer. So without a specific statute allowing to go beyond the statute limitations, there's nothing you can do about it. However, listen, go ahead.
Speaker 2: One is that for all states?
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I don't know. I don't know the statute for each state, but it's safe to say that I don't believe there is any state, not any state in the country that allows an absolute statute of limitations beyond twenty or beyond eighteen years. I might be wrong, but but here's what you can do as a family or as a corporation. If this corporation is run like a regular corporation and you all have equal shares, you guys can get together and have a meeting, and if you find out where that money he went, you can take it out of that person's ownership. I mean, as a corporation, you guys can vote to do anything, but you don't even know where it went. How do you know more than how do you know two or three of your siblings didn't get in with him to do that? How do you know it's just him?
Speaker 2: Just past experience.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got a job ahead of you. You got to get your siblings together. There's nothing to prevent you guys from taking private action. But you're not going to get any You're not going to do any lawsuits based on twenty seven years ago. I mean, I mean, so it's three hundred and sixty thousand at best, it's going to be what's.
Speaker 2: That, Well, there's another one hundred and fifty five thousand that they had some CDs that were never cashed in, So I don't know what happened to that.
Speaker 3: Wait, so it was more than six hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: More than it could be about one hundred and fifty five or three six hundred fifty.
Speaker 3: It's seven fifty. It's seven fifty. You said six hundred and cash plus one hundred and fifty No, No, three.
Speaker 2: Three sixty in cash and then one hundred and fifty five in the CVS.
Speaker 3: Okay, whatever, look whatever it is. I know you said the three sixty, but you said the total cash of the estate was six hundred, and if you add one hundred and fifty to that, that's seven fifty. And now people are pulling their teeth out because we're doing math. I gotta let you go. I'm really sorry this happened to you. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Could comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Jan's got a problem with her uh check or some kind of check fraud?
Speaker 4: Hi Jan, what's happening?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yes these Tom?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Hi Jan?
Speaker 3: You too? I mean it's Jan, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Uh? I just want to check with you. I wrote a check nang my tax my IRS tax bill for my twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Taxes twenty twenty two. When did you write that check in twenty twenty two or twenty twenty three?
Speaker 7: After? When I did my taxes in twenty twenty three for the twenty twenty two tax here right, okay, So yeah, when it was due April, did the return, put the check, put the check from the return and the mail sent it in. It was a big check, it was a five figure check. Waited for the statement to come back. Saw the check had been cast, and I'm done. Recently, I get a notice from the IRS and they want to know why I didn't pay my tax bill for twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Was that money drawn from your account? Yes, you're sure of that? That the check cleared.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah. When I saw the check number on the statement and that the check had cleared, as did my state return check, so I thought, you know, no problem, it's been taken out. Their paid. Recently, get a notice from the IRS. They want to know why I didn't pay the tax bills and the account has since been closed. So I had to go back to the bank to get a copy of the check because I told them, I said, here's the statement, you cast the check, and they said, now we need to see a copy of the check that he wrote. So I had to go to the bank and have them look at those records. And when I got the copy of the check, somebody had intercepted the check washed the check, put their name on it and cast it in the full amountain.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh my god, and let me this is how much was that check?
Speaker 7: Over? Forty two dollars?
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, do you know I.
Speaker 3: Mean this is this is still pretty recent.
Speaker 4: Do you know who did it?
Speaker 3: Well, there was a yeah, but it was deposited somewhere. It was deposited somewhere.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So so the update and I'll tell you what I'm calling, and maybe you can add additional advice. But when I called, my bank is Chase.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: And then we went to the fraud department. And when I was talking to the fraud department, they knew the bank that cashed the check. It wasn't in the Chase Chase system. But the fraud individual I spoke to said that he knew what the bank was. And then they had to fill out this form and send it in so they could start the investigation. And that's kind of where I'm at. But they were also saying, well, you need to report this to the police, and I'm like where why, I mean, it's major league, except you know, I don't even know where you where it would be.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, of course you have to get a police report.
Speaker 7: Okay, well I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you get a police report? Now, I think the bank has some responsibility, but I don't know how good the wash job. I don't know how they do that. I mean, you say the check was washed? They man, this is this is unbelievable. Someone took the irs out of there and put their name in it. But if they know, they know where that check was, was was deposited though, there's a record of that on the canceled check. Well where's the bank? What is the bank?
Speaker 7: Well, they knew the name of the bank, so I don't have that detail.
Speaker 3: You did they deposit it or cash it for cash?
Speaker 7: That I don't know?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, but they had to have cashed it somewhere. So where did they cash it? That's all on the check, bro That's all on the check.
Speaker 7: I'll look on the back of the check to see if it's there. But the fraud person knew what bank it was, so they were going back to that bank to do the investigations.
Speaker 3: Well why don't they tell you what it was on?
Speaker 7: Well they did. It was like VCD bank or something like that. Then you know, that's the only detail I have right now.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so now you do your own investigation and then also go to the police.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay. So if I go to the police, which police department doing, say.
Speaker 3: There's an account number and everything on there, and that account number is tied to a customer. I mean, they don't just cast checks unless they have an account there. So look at man, you know you need a private detective or you need police or both because you don't. Here's what I would do. I'd go to the police, I do all of that. Then I would go to the bank. I would actually have an attorney sue them or subpoena them or do something. Because the check was obviously fraudulent. I would make that bank give me the records of that person on that account. But the name is on the check. What's the person's name.
Speaker 7: I'm not looking at it right at the moment, but it was like Dominique Rigez or something like that, and the name is clearly on there.
Speaker 3: Okay. Then I would go to the bank with that name and the account number and say, I need information on this guy he robbed me on the bank that casts the check, that's right, and open up a fraud investigation there that's right. You're a victim, and if they don't help you, you sue that bank for the money, okay, and you get an attorney to help you, and you fill out a police report. Man, all of this, all of the above, not some of it, all of it. I feel bad for you.
Speaker 7: What an attorney? What what attorney? Would it be a criminal attorney, a civil attorney.
Speaker 3: It's a civil attorney. You would you would sue for do you would sue the bank only if they don't.
Speaker 7: Help you, Okay, okay, okay? And then reporting the police? What police department? Any Where would I go to go?
Speaker 3: Well, where is.
Speaker 10: Where?
Speaker 14: Where's the bank? Look, where's your bank located?
Speaker 3: Not that bank. I would go to the bank where it was cash. That's where the crime happened.
Speaker 13: So, Jen, I had a couple of checks washed when we had our business. They went through the dumpster, washed them, and the first thing I had to do is go to the police department and fulfill out a report.
Speaker 14: Once the report.
Speaker 13: Is failed out, you take it to the bank and the bank will probably reimburse you.
Speaker 14: But that's the most important to do. The police report first.
Speaker 13: So they know that the crime is being committed by the crafting or police report.
Speaker 7: Okay, I get that. So what police department do I go to?
Speaker 14: I would go to the one a lot of time.
Speaker 3: Where the bank is located where the crime took place. The crime did not take place at your bank. The crime took place where the thing was deposited or cashed. That is that BMO or whatever frickin' bank it is. That's where you go.
Speaker 7: I need to find that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got to take a break. I got more coming up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five So coming up this Saturday, at ten o'clock in the morning. Do people have to pre register at my Biggest return dot Com?
Speaker 11: There?
Speaker 1: Yes, they do, real easy, it's free my biggest return dot com.
Speaker 4: Is it a long process or really short?
Speaker 1: They echo's right to the registration. They could be in and out in thirty five no charge whatsoever, No charge whatsoever ever.
Speaker 3: Okay, and uh a chance to win one hundred bucks, but don't go there for that. I mean, truly, truly if you're interested. Is see, so many people have thought about real estate, but they don't really have the knowledge, and they can get into trouble, and they don't want to have negative cash flow, and they don't want to have people will deadbeat renters and none of that they have to worry about. So when I said that, you guys handle all the details. Somebody wants to know who owns the property.
Speaker 1: The consumer. Now they frequently form an LLC, but it's there.
Speaker 3: Each investor that contacts you, who you call a consumer or your customer customer. They contact you, You put them in touch with a property that you've researched thoroughly, and then you buy it. They buy it. Okay, you guys hook them up with a manager and then they own the property. So a customer can buy one or more properties, one or more no limit, but you're not sharing the property with anyone else, all right, And that's that. That seminars this week this Saturday, ten in the morning, My Biggest Return dot com. If you have questions, call us. It's an interesting concept. Vestera a turnkey and it makes real estate really within the grass of most people. But what does it take as far as investment, we'll talk about that. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 14: D news you need so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Run anxious.
Speaker 2: As fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: I'm Tom.
Speaker 3: What's going on in your life? And how can we help you? I asked that each and every day, and I'll tell you yesterday was when we asked that question. We never knew we would help save a life. And I'll recap that real quick, and then the FedEx thing and then your calls. And we have Barry Miller with us vesta turnkey, which is a real estate investment strategy where you it's basically hands off and you have it researched, actively managed, and sold and you profit. So people are asking where they make their money. People are asking do I own the property? People are asking, am I pulled with other people that? People are asking what if I want to get out early? People are asking all kinds of questions, So I'll get to those. So, first things, you're not puoled with other people. You own the properties individually, right, yes? Okay? Second, how many properties you own?
Speaker 10: Chris money as you want?
Speaker 4: Okay, So what does it take to own a property?
Speaker 3: Ten fifteen, twenty, twenty five, thirty thirty five, forty forty five, fifty cush You're going to leverage them?
Speaker 1: A couple of numbers twenty five percent down is the going rates clinders have?
Speaker 10: Okay, what are the prices of the house.
Speaker 1: Well, so fifty five thousand would get started. We don't go to the high prices. They don't make as much return, So typically fifty five to eighty thousand property.
Speaker 3: And but what are the then that would make those properties four.
Speaker 1: Hundred hundred three twenty five three.
Speaker 4: Fifty Now you can still find houses for that?
Speaker 1: Are then the best markets in the country?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 3: Would they own the houses? Okay?
Speaker 4: And what do they need to get out early?
Speaker 1: Just the decision I mean we're giving them. We have what we call a protection research department. After they own the property, we're watching, monitoring the neighbor hood, the city for appreciation, and we have like twenty five different economic vantage points. They'll know if there's a little slow down or they will tell us, Barry, we want maximum return. Hold it for two years, We'll sell that property and they'll buy two more. No cash out of their pocket. Ten thirty one tax exchange.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now what if they just want to cash out, they don't have to do an exchange.
Speaker 10: They don't have to do an exchange.
Speaker 1: First of all, there's lots of liquidity in real estate that people forget about because certain friends of ours in a different industry like to say it's not liquid. Yeah, but you could borrow, you could do helocks.
Speaker 10: Lines of credit, etc.
Speaker 1: But if someone wants to sell and get out early, early is in the pocketbook of the beholder.
Speaker 3: Well, now, you said you've been in business for a while with this, and you've been doing it over and over.
Speaker 4: So what's the average old time?
Speaker 1: Old time is about three years? Under three years, but about three years because people want to sell one and buy two from the gain that they had such big.
Speaker 3: Gains, Okay, or they can cash.
Speaker 1: Out, well, they could cash out right and they.
Speaker 4: Pay tax when they cash out, obviously, but a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people are using it as their biggest retirement plan.
Speaker 4: Can you put it in a retirement plan?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, so you can put it in a trust and things like that.
Speaker 4: Right, that's I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: You can. You can do it in a self directed IRA.
Speaker 1: You can pull the money.
Speaker 4: You can you can.
Speaker 3: It has to be done in a very special way, but it can be done. And we can't talk. But there's going to be very easy ways to do that very shortly. But you can do that with a self directed IRA or for one k. And then also, how do you make your money? People always want to know that. And I don't think there's anything wrong. How do you make your money? You're not doing this out of good I.
Speaker 1: Mean how we get paid? Well, we love that question. Well, no direct pay from the consumer. The consumer buys the property, the property has the buyer agent. We have vetted super carefully for.
Speaker 4: You don't mark up the properties.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, we want to mark down the buyer.
Speaker 3: So you make a normal commission.
Speaker 1: A portion of it as as a referral fee. We don't get any The buyer doesn't pay any extra money.
Speaker 3: No, I get.
Speaker 4: So you make your commissions on the buying.
Speaker 1: On the buying and on the selling and on the selling.
Speaker 3: And then the management company makes this normal fees. You don't mark up the management.
Speaker 10: No, we try to get that down. We send that.
Speaker 3: You don't make money off the management. That's a straight pass through us.
Speaker 1: Straight. We passed through everything except the commission commission.
Speaker 3: So how can you do this for just commissions?
Speaker 1: We do it very well, is how we do it. Time We make a very good living, but we do it very well well because you've.
Speaker 4: Got to pipeline cover.
Speaker 3: And you got houses being sold, you got exchanges being made.
Speaker 1: Research, research and research so that we find more cities, more homes, and more buyers.
Speaker 4: You know, this really fascinates me, It really does.
Speaker 3: And and I am definitely going to get involved.
Speaker 4: I mean this, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 10: Good ways to be involved in.
Speaker 1: I know, there's some interesting pieces of.
Speaker 4: It I'm not getting. I think it's wonderful.
Speaker 3: And I like the idea that you're not flying out there to take care of a broken piper. You're not dealing with stuff.
Speaker 10: You don't have to.
Speaker 1: And on that note, our properties are not fixed and flip. We're on the other side of fix and flip where cherry picking the best properties. We have the best negotiators in those cities getting the best properties. So we don't have we don't want any deferred maintenance.
Speaker 10: But we have very very very little.
Speaker 1: Under three percent of the properties have a deferred maintenance come up in a two year period.
Speaker 3: All right, let's now talk to Deputy Dollar, who's got a follow up? Deputy Dollar, which one is this from August fourteenth?
Speaker 8: Jonathan Jonathan and Metro PCs.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll look at the date. But anyway, what was the what was the problem.
Speaker 8: So Jonathan's a customer of Metro PCs and he just one day he got up and he had two phones with them and the number number had gotten ported.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, something said that there was a change made to his account. Yeah, and he found out his number was ported to someone else's phone exactly.
Speaker 4: And he has no service. So what happened?
Speaker 8: Well, so I reached out to Well, Metro PCs is owned now by Team Mobile, so he reached out to a media relations person at Mobile and she got a hold of Jonathan. Jonathan got his phone numbers back. I mean, he was happy as can be.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 8: And Jonathan he does pinstriping, that's his job, and he was up in Sturgis and like he had previous customers, like his whole business was on his phone. He had no access to access, but he was happy to get everything back. Everything.
Speaker 3: Well, man, that's good news, because you know what happens when we get good news. I get to use my dinger. It's good to have a dinger. Folks, and dollar were seriously appreciate anything else you're working on.
Speaker 8: I'm well, I'm still working on this one from a couple of weeks ago. It was Bob and his wife. They lived down in Hunt of Colorado and had a warranty issue with an LG refrigeratorator. Yes, I think they bought from LOWSS.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but LG.
Speaker 8: That's saying, yeah, that they didn't have a service person near the near.
Speaker 3: The Hunt, that's right, So what are we doing about that?
Speaker 8: Well, so when I looked up the case on the LG website website, and it actually said said service call canceled or something, and so I reached I went back to Bob and said, you guys need to start, you know, open up a new claim and try and get this going again. Keep me posted. So that's where we are right now.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, dollar appreciate it. Three O three seven to one to three talk or three oh three Martino of course, three three six, two seventy four to sixty six. Renew Home Innovations for your shower conversions. Second and one their beautiful like they have walls like.
Speaker 4: Stone, right, looks just like stone.
Speaker 3: No maintenance, they have glass panels, perimeter drains, no thresholds to step or stumble over. Renew Home Innovations gets it done in two or three days and listen to this one. You have seventy two months to pay with no interest. Three oh three nine es are A four to two thousand nine are A four two thousand renew Home Innovations dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Let's talk and find out what we can do for you. Now we have some texts. Okay, So you mentioned Barry Miller's with us from Vestura Turnkey Vestera Turnkey, and you mentioned that you do ten thirty ones. Mostly people want to stay in it, so they start out with one might be able to buy two after that or three or whatever. And do you guys have the exchange the ten thirty one exchange person you use, do you refer them that they.
Speaker 4: Find their own? How do they who handles that ten.
Speaker 1: Thirty Again, the word turnkey covers everything.
Speaker 10: We have a really.
Speaker 1: Top notch IPX ten thirty one company. That's their name, outstanding outstanding people.
Speaker 3: So give me an example if you can of a person who started out with one house and where they are today.
Speaker 4: One of your best stories if you have one.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, great, great, great great. A couple they were in their fifties when they started and started out with one property, said Barry, this is something else, and within six months they purchased three more.
Speaker 10: Okay, now this was four years ago.
Speaker 1: They now are selling those three properties here in Colorado. Colorado Springs was once a hot spot. Right, it priced itself out, which is success.
Speaker 4: And you counsel them when that happens, but counsel.
Speaker 1: Them in it.
Speaker 3: But that was a great area, and what happened.
Speaker 1: They have sold one of the properties already and buying two in one of our hot spots. And then they have two more properties that they'll be listing when the tenants leases up. Okay, one of them's up in four months, one of them's up in eight months. They'll sell those properties and each of those properties in Colorado Springs will buy two or three new properties in the hot spots city. They're going for a retirement package. So they'll have over fifteen thousand of cash flow in the next eight years and we're on track for that eight years from.
Speaker 3: Now, fifteen thousand a month cash flow and equity.
Speaker 1: Of what equity will be in their case, about two and a half million. Wow, and they're doing it. They started with one property. That's the only out of pocket money that they really had to do. Then they said, wait a minute, this is gaining such equity. Let's sell one and buy two and we'll do that.
Speaker 3: You know, people, here's your chance, because I know you hear this advertised a lot and Brownie does some ass for it.
Speaker 4: Michael brown he's a believer. But here's the chance.
Speaker 3: To talk to talk to Barry and ask him questions, maybe things I haven't thought of. We already answered that and that, and then how about okay, how do you project returns? How do people project the return? I mean, is it accurate or is it guesswork or what? How do you do that?
Speaker 10: Well, we get asked that question a lot.
Speaker 1: My first one word answer is always conservatively, but the second word is even more important, correctly, heavy duty research over fifty five economic advantage points to do the calculus, bring it all together, I mean, minute little things so that we could find out is that city in which the property is located going to have a strong economy at least three years from now? That is difficult, difficult research.
Speaker 4: How do you go about researching that kind of stuff?
Speaker 1: Well, again, we get asked that so much. I don't want it to be a flip and answer, but very very carefully and thoroughly, and it takes a lot of time.
Speaker 10: We have and it keeps growing.
Speaker 1: It's more than fifty five economic vantage points. We're probably close to seventy if I were to add all of those that we added just in the last five years. Because of technology, we get more and more data. But Tom, it's everything you know. One key word though, is jobs. What what jobs are being created? And what industries and are those industries.
Speaker 10: Permanent?
Speaker 1: Is it going to be a long time gain? And then we match this So now we're doing this for sixty different cities who already are the top sixty cities in real estate terms. So we're looking for the top five, six, seven eight cities in the country that have the magic called a good economy for minimum the next three years.
Speaker 4: All right, here's another question.
Speaker 3: But what happens Tom when there's a recession? Does he just throw up his hands? You know, what does happen? I mean we I don't know we'll ever have a recession like we had in the mid.
Speaker 1: Uh two thousand and eight and onward.
Speaker 3: What do you think I mean, well, you must have given recession a thought.
Speaker 10: Oh we went through that recession.
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait you were operating through that recession. Okay, did people go flat? What happened?
Speaker 1: No? No, we had we had all kinds of money available from our customers that they had. I'm trying to be brief here. The many customers gave us access to their bank accounts so we could get people in line to buy such hot properties in these hot markets. Okay, we would pay college kids to stand in line the night before so we could get you know, the first properties. They were on a first come, first serve basis. So when we saw the recession coming, what we did was pulled back.
Speaker 10: All that money.
Speaker 1: We had some earnest money deposits out, We got every single one of them back. We saw it coming, we did not know it was going to be as bad as it was. We stopped buying properties and we pulled back. And then and then the people who had properties we said early on, get out.
Speaker 10: Now we have research.
Speaker 3: And I was saying, I mean, I'm not disputing what you're saying, but a lot of I was told, a lot of rich people call a recession buying opportunity a good buying operation. You said, but you didn't buy any more properties.
Speaker 1: That's for all of our then customers. Okay, Well, at that time we really had under one hundred customers.
Speaker 3: Okay. In other words, they were where they were in the properties they were in, and they wrote it. But certainly a recession is a buying opportunity. For God's sake, you could have bought What are you kidding me? I mean I bought. Now. I don't want to get into details, but I bought a house in a recession. And that's what you want. After the correction, you go buy.
Speaker 1: And I'll say it very openly. We make the most money in real estate when you buy.
Speaker 10: Of course you do, so we gotta buy right now.
Speaker 1: In a recession, we were doing every case when you buy, every case, it's when you buy. We were doing the data, Tom, and it would say, okay, is the price in the next six months, is the price of those properties going to be down by five, ten, fifteen or twenty percent? Well, then, and then people would make up their mind and they'd say, when's the right time to buy? And that stage, with that data, we'd say, we don't know, but it's going to be lower. So how low is it going to go? And that recession proved to be very low. And then we did reach a point where people said, but we don't know how low it's going to go, let's wait a little while, and they did wait until about twenty ten, still picked up great deals.
Speaker 3: Then gotcha. I'm Tom Martine. We love talking about real estate. That's one of the great things. But seriously, I want you to put them to the test and ask them any question you want then, and don't forget this weekend, He'll be at in the DTC. Have you picked a location and you're waiting.
Speaker 1: We have two locations. We decide by how many attend.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it's gonna be DT see my Biggest Return dot com free, Just sign up please. He wants to know how many are there so he knows what size room to get.
Speaker 4: And then of course you'll know.
Speaker 3: You're gonna let them know by email or they're gonna check on my Biggest Return dot com or what were you gonna get?
Speaker 1: We typically send it by email to everyone something.
Speaker 3: And then if you let me know on Friday, I'll let people know. I'll let people know for sure. Uh three all three seven to one three Talk Denverregen dot com. These guys are the real deal for stem cell therapy. They also use exit exitzomes. I think they call them and they do hair regeneration. But they're doing a great job with getting rid of pain with their stem cell therapy. Denver Region dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two by Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. We have a question from Tony for a Barry. So I'm gonna go to Tony. Hey, Tony, what's happening.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I haven't heard this. I'm gonna assume the minimum buying is based on whatever piece of property has a price range within.
Speaker 3: Your budget, Okay, Barry. In other words, how do you are you asking how you select? How he selects or you would select the property?
Speaker 6: Tony, No, I'm asking how much does it cost?
Speaker 12: Get in?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yeah, we went over that. Let's do it again and stay on the line. So, Barry, if I come to you, how much I mean? It depends on the property. He says, it's about how much times that it.
Speaker 1: Depends on the property. But we're not going for the high properties, okay, because the highest return with the safe, highest return and safety, the highest safety are properties always anywhere in the country right now under four hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the most would be four fifty the most would be which is twenty five percent down on four to fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but frequently it's two fifty to three p fifty. So typically it's fifty five to eighty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: So depending on when you leverage it, it's going to be fifty five to eighty grand down. So that would get you one property. Is that what you're asking, Tony?
Speaker 6: That's perfect. Yes, it sounds very interesting. I'll be in touch.
Speaker 1: And Tom, you brought up recession before, Yes, recession.
Speaker 10: We have the data in advance.
Speaker 1: We're not going to have eight hundred thousand dollars properties. We have the properties where over half the people in America can afford to buy them, So before recessions come, we have properties that will sell not just to other investors, but to home occupants, primary residences. Therefore, we have the safest properties anywhere in the country.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, Tony, if you've ever wanted to be in real estate, you see, this is the kind of real estate if you're going to get in to get into because it's your you don't live or die by a bunch of partners. And then you have a management company and a backup management company and a backup to the backup management company, so he and then you have the expertise of Barry Miller and his team.
Speaker 4: It's not just Barry. He's got experts that work with.
Speaker 3: Him that can take over at any time. So if he wants to take a few days off, you got somebody. And the other thing is the timing. They're always watching that market. And that's the one thing I think where people get into trouble. They get a rental, then what they don't know what to do, and they end up it's end up sometimes being a full time job. You get calls in the middle of the night sometimes and all of that. And remember these are markets that are up and coming growing. You get in right, but the management companies take care of it all. You virtually do not interact with anyone except Barry and the manager team members.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: So I think it's fascinating and I mean, just a quick backstore. I don't like a lot of detail on this, But what gave you this idea? Did you just think there's got to be an easier way to own rentals.
Speaker 1: It's a very very quick story. I like quick too, So I'm home in my hometown Wilkesbarre, Pennsylvania, proud of a poor area. I'm there visiting with some of my best friends.
Speaker 3: Willberry sucks, man, I'm sorry it used to suck.
Speaker 10: No, no, it still sucks.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: Deprived there, oh, god, deprived.
Speaker 1: Not geographically, it's pretty yeah, low end. Everybody's poor there. But anyhow, I was visiting some friends, their son and his insurance company partners. We're having dinner, and they said, Barry, you're in real estate. You know something things about buyer broker and blah blah blah. You did some things nationally. We have a whole bunch of our insurance customers who have all this extra money. They want to buy properties somewhere in the United States. Are you equipped to find out where the best properties would be? And that is the genesis of the idea. I come back to Denver. I said, wait a minute, national, I am. I put buyer Brokering together. I have national networks, so why don't I see what's into this? And I put the company together in six to nine months of research. After that two thousand and three, to be precise. Really, yeah, two guys, I mean that they gave me the idea. They said they have these investors from their insurance customers.
Speaker 3: What I like worked, What I like more than anything is that you're not marking up each and every service.
Speaker 10: No, no, the interesting thing, and I thank you for.
Speaker 3: Catching it a spread on.
Speaker 1: But but we look for the lowest end of everything quality. But we shop for insurance brokers. I mean we find them that saves two hundred, four hundred, eight hundred dollars a year per property. We're always looking for what is best for the customer. That comes from my buyer broker heritage. Okay, what's best for the customer. And it's working, and we do find the customer doesn't have to pay us extra fees.
Speaker 3: But and you're actively researching all of that based on all the relationship and original commission. That's it.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 4: No added charges, no hou okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's one okay, one two hundred and fifty dollars a year per property. Optional. We will oversee the manager. You give the property manager permission to call us at midnight if there's a problem with the property, and we'll send you a few extra economic reports on your property.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you could even forego dealing even with the manager.
Speaker 1: Up to five hundred dollars per month if it's a five hundred dollars issue. If it's higher than five hundred, we want the owner to know about it. Otherwise we'll take you.
Speaker 3: For two hundred and fifty a year. A year, you will deal with the manager and then if it's over five hundred dollars in an in an obligation.
Speaker 10: We cannot say yes or no.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this is really you really gave this a lot.
Speaker 1: Of oh yeah, a lot of thun.
Speaker 3: And and so, and you have a longevity plan and a succession plan.
Speaker 1: We have a succession plan. We have people coming in all younger than I am, et cetera. And I've had to do that because yes, smart.
Speaker 3: And so and and what about the investor who is investing? I mean really, who is? Do you have any younger people investing?
Speaker 1: Yes, we are starting on the younger side. It is happening. But it didn't happen initially, okay, but through social media activities we're getting the word out. And by the way, the biggest group of younger people we have right now children of our customers. They're in their twenties and thirties, and mom and dad are saying, hey, we're doing this and the kids saying, you're doing really.
Speaker 10: Well, how do we get in?
Speaker 1: And they're helping their children come in and we help them with typically with their four oh one cases where they're getting most of their cash for their down payment, not from mom and dad.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you have any questions, you can give us a call, or you can text me.
Speaker 4: Remember my text number.
Speaker 3: I have the the iHeart short code.
Speaker 4: Five seven seven thret nine.
Speaker 3: Or you can go directly to my personal Google which is forwarded to my cell phone for texting seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. I love talking about this stuff. Well, we'll talk about anything you want. Of course, Appropriateenergy dot com for solar work and they're good people. Also Genesis Total Exteriors the new aligned siding which is a plastic polymer.
Speaker 4: You can get it in darker colors that will never wark.
Speaker 3: Genesis for everything on the outside of your house, including all the storm damage. Genesis Tootalexteriors dot com go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Dennis has a question for Barry Miller. We're talking to about Vestera turnkey, and then we have Catherine who wants to talk about moving. She's working with Bow. Dennis, go ahead, what's going on? Dennis?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 6: I had a question for Barry.
Speaker 12: Are you allowed to use funds form a heelock as a down payment?
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's so good many of our customers have done that.
Speaker 12: Dennis, Okay, all right, great, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now, he locks, by the way, by their nature, is secured by another property and this double secure, said.
Speaker 4: I mean for the bank.
Speaker 3: I mean the bank doesn't care, but yeah, he locks can be used. In fact, a lot of cash sources you might have. There is a legal way to do it through retirement. You got to consult your people and we're coming up with all kinds of interesting things. I say, well, when I heard about this plan, I thought, you know, Barry, I got to get.
Speaker 4: In on this.
Speaker 3: And and I I'm thinking of to own more property and I'm not going to give details, but to own way more property with this program and to require smaller investments might be where people pull money and and that might be something interesting to get involved in the future. But that's for the future.
Speaker 1: The word fractional is and it don't be fractional, you realize that, but fractional is another way.
Speaker 10: Oh oh yeah, people, you.
Speaker 3: And a friend can go in there, right, you can do that on your own. You're absolutely right, you you and a friend, or you have to do it.
Speaker 1: On their own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So uh, let's talk to Catherine.
Speaker 4: Catherine, what's happening.
Speaker 2: But I've been in contact with it with steputy Go and there.
Speaker 14: Yes, I am here Tom still.
Speaker 4: Bri When was Catherine? What was this about?
Speaker 14: Called last Friday?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, is it bout this movie? This moving company sucks? I hope you have some good news.
Speaker 14: No Bo, Unfortunately, thanks for calling in, Katherine.
Speaker 13: I do not I called the tip Top Moving Company four times.
Speaker 14: I talked, tried to reach out to.
Speaker 13: The manager you've been dealinglyan with Brandon Johnson. I even kind of fibbed a little bit and say it and said I was someone else, just to get him to respond to me, Catherine.
Speaker 14: He just will not respond.
Speaker 3: Where are they located? Is it called tip top?
Speaker 13: It's called actually top tier moving Company's So, Catherine, this is what I did. I sent you an email this morning. I called this morning and I poised myself as a customer so I could get a quote from them and get their address.
Speaker 3: So I got wait, wait, wait, they got four grand.
Speaker 14: Well, Tom, I can't get him to call. They won't. They just absolutely will not call me back.
Speaker 13: And she did an ach wire transfer, and that's what they wanted to do with my quote. They wanted me to send the money via an acach.
Speaker 3: Crop upfront before before you get a bid or.
Speaker 13: What yeah, upfront, David, If you send it up front, they knock off another like twenty five percent.
Speaker 3: But this is before you even get your bid.
Speaker 14: Before he yes, before you get the bid, and.
Speaker 3: They want money up front before you get a bid.
Speaker 14: They gave him a propect.
Speaker 3: Listen, I want people to start calling him the hell with this.
Speaker 14: It's right.
Speaker 13: I have a phone number I want our listeners to call as a scam from the from the get. I mean, this is just a dirty scam what they did to this lady.
Speaker 3: Are they located in Florida?
Speaker 13: Of course they're located in I got the address Lake Worth, Florida, of course there.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe how many bad movers are in Florida. What's their phone number?
Speaker 14: Phone number is.
Speaker 13: The manager's direct number that Catherine's been working with.
Speaker 14: His name is Brandon. It's very code five six '.
Speaker 13: One four five zero five one zero, and then the corporate number two.
Speaker 1: Can I do that?
Speaker 4: That's the corporate number.
Speaker 13: Corporate number is eight eight eight six eight three three nine six three.
Speaker 14: Top tier moving companies. Stay away from them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna talk about them.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about them.
Speaker 3: Coming up. We'll also have more about this weekend ten in the morning. If you want to sign up for the seminar, it's my biggest return dot com. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, Ripped News need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 5: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 3: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Wow. A lot to talk about. I want to first go to war as we call it, with a company called Top Tier Moving. Then I want to talk about this upcoming seminar this weekend with Barry Millery. You can find out all about Vesta Vestera Turnkey.
Speaker 4: My biggest return.
Speaker 3: Dot com is that website to sign up for this weekend ten in the morning, and then I want to talk. I want to give you an update on FedEx. It's the Oh my god, It's the most unbelievable thing. Okay, Catherine, you first, Catherine, this company truly stole your money, basically. And when Bo called, posing as a customer top Tier Moving, they said, before they can now this is a new twist on a scan, they said, before they can even give you an estimate, you have to make a deposit. And what happens if you don't like the estimate. Both Katherine and Bo were told, well, that's okay, Well you can get your money back. So Katherine made a four thousand dollars deposit and she didn't get her money back.
Speaker 2: And I got it in writing from him in an email that I would have a full, full refund and I paid extra to get that in writing.
Speaker 3: Now, Bo, did you see if Top Tier has a has a registered agent here in Colorado?
Speaker 14: No, Tom, I have not. I can check that this afternoon.
Speaker 13: But I thought Catherine can at least call the district attorney in Palm Beach, Florida County to alert them to this. It's not gonna help her get her money back, but you know, the district attorney in Florida needs to be aware of this business practice.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, of course, but Florida is doing very little.
Speaker 4: They have so many ripoffs.
Speaker 3: I'm going to search this database to see if they haven't a Colorado person that she can take to court. The four grand is under the seventy five.
Speaker 14: Hundred, Catherine, how did you?
Speaker 3: And no results?
Speaker 4: They're not here, no results in a.
Speaker 9: Hotel right now and all my stuff.
Speaker 2: Is in pod the odea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's not a bad system.
Speaker 3: By the way, let's give out some numbers people. We really need your help. We do make we do get results.
Speaker 13: We need them that We need our listeners to call Top Tier Moving company Brandon John and I'd like everyone to just give a call and maybe you'll get so inundated with calls they may relinquish this money to Catherine.
Speaker 14: So can I give out the number again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to do that right now. So top Tier, there's three numbers we found. Top Tier Moving took four grand and did nothing. Their mode of operandi, their motives operendi is where they take money up front before they even give you an estimate, and then they keep the money they belong on the sleeves. Brigade Top Tier Moving and here's the deal. The numbers. I want you to look at. Let me just make sure I have them. Okay, First of all, there's a manager. When you call, please be courteous, but tell them on no certain terms. You're going to spread it around on the internet. And then, of course make as many reviews as you can based on what you heard. Don't lie of it in the reviews. Tell them you heard about them, and you need to pass it on. They allow you to do that in a review. So here's the man five six one four five zero fifty one forty five six one four five zero fifty one forty. Let me know when you call on what they say? What is his name? The manager, Brandon Johnson. Is that the number Brandon's number? Right?
Speaker 13: Yes, that's his direct number, Tom Brandon.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now Brandon is the one she talked to.
Speaker 13: Yes, she'say, he's He's the person to Catherin's been.
Speaker 3: I want to give that one more time. Five six one four five zero fifty one forty. Then we have a corporate office. Two corporate numbers. One's actually listed with the dot and that number is five six one three four five zero five three one five six one three four five zero five three one. Now we have what I call a marketing number. Okay, and that is eight eight eight eight six three thirty nine sixty three.
Speaker 14: It's six eighty three.
Speaker 3: Tom okay, hold on, let me do it again. Let me do it again then, And that one is I'm going to put it down here. I'm sorry, Okay, tell me where I went wrong on that one, please go ahead.
Speaker 13: Eight eight eight six eight three yeah, three nine six three.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly what I have here.
Speaker 4: Maybe I didn't say it right.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry eight eight eight six eight three. Customer service now, that's customer service. Okay, customer yeah, okay. And and uh, please people call and keep calling and let them know we need to get money back. We cannot allow the row people and steal from people. Please please please, Top tier Brandon is five six one four five zero fifty one forty corporate five six one three four five zero five three one and customer service eight eight eight six eight three thirty nine sixty three. Oh man, that.
Speaker 2: Is four thousand and ninety eight dollary.
Speaker 4: Yep, we got you, Catherine.
Speaker 7: Let us know.
Speaker 3: If you hear anything people, please call, let us know what they say. I think this is a valuable service we provide. Let me explain this. I did it once before. It's a valuable service because do you know how much people spend trying to get consumers to do reviews. Think about getting a live review on the phone. They call you and let you know what they think of you. I think it's invaluable, and we're doing it free of charge for the company. So I'm not asking you to harass, but I'm asking you to call and let them know you heard about the problem and you find it unconscionable.
Speaker 4: You can use that word if you like.
Speaker 3: Unconscionable that they would take money, require money upfront for just an estimate, and then not return that money for doing nothing.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm going to give the numbers one more time.
Speaker 3: Five to sixty one four five zero.
Speaker 4: Fifty one forty.
Speaker 3: That's the brand, brand and the manager. Then we have the corporate five six one three four five zero five three one and customer service eight eight eight six ' eight three thirty nine sixty three.
Speaker 4: Let me know what happens, okay.
Speaker 3: All right, So we talked about vesteria, and I'm going to go back to that real quick, and I'll take any and all of your call and questions. I do have some texts I want to get to on it, and let's go to that text. Okay, do these properties ever say vacant?
Speaker 4: What happens?
Speaker 3: Did they do? Am I responsible for those months where they said vacant?
Speaker 1: Yes, you would be responsible. However, in the last five years, we've only had two go beyond a five to six week period of vacancy. Only two, only two out of over one hundred My goodness. Because these are carefully chosen properties, they're not random. We talk to the property managers ahead of time. We go to you know, well, we know that as a high interest level, we know that we have two rental pools of people who want that area, at least two rental pools at least two who are going to want that area. So typically typically it's rented before your first MORTGAGEES has to be paid, and then the tenant is paying your first mortgage. We also are looking for a positive cash flow that happens over ninety five percent of the time, positive cash flow from the first month.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you heard it, and if you have any questions, we urge you to call three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five excel roofing dot Com as an excellent exel the people that work in my house. In fact, I had them air out my attic because it was getting overheated. They're experts on attic ventilation, the entire roofing system to keep your roofs not only new, but lasting longer and your whole house more energy efficient. They do the whole system excel roofing dot com, including repairs excel roofing dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So Deputy d has found out a lot about this company, and I hope people have called I asked my YouTube morons to call and we found out that they had our bo uh excuse me. Deputy d found out Dmitri. He found out they had a previous company the same exact principles. What was the name of it.
Speaker 17: That company was called Vanguard Moving Service as an LLC and on the Business Better Business Bureau, I see that there dot license to move household goods was involuntarily revoked in August of twenty two.
Speaker 3: Furthermore, think about that. So they're basically put out of business by the government.
Speaker 10: And they just rebranded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and wait, I just found another hold on top tier. No, okay, keep going.
Speaker 17: According to the BBB, they had seventy nine complaints in the last three years of operation, with forty one of them being in the last twelve months.
Speaker 10: Okay, unimpressive track record.
Speaker 4: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: You're emailing me that I'm going to put them on the sleeves brigade. So these people are on the road again to ripping people off. Let me give the numbers. You got the manager Brandon scumbag Brandon five six one four five zero fifty one forty corporate five six one three four five zero five three one and customer service eight eight eight six eight three thirty nine sixty three. So it looks like we found another bad company. It's unfortunate, but we find companies all the time that suck. Now, I uh so, get your calls in with anything. We have a half hour left three oh three, seven to one three talk or three h three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six.
Speaker 4: So here's what I want to tell you, Federal Express.
Speaker 3: Let me explain this to you. So I found out where the trouble is with Federal Express. Seriously, it's FedEx Ground, FedEx Ground specifically, and I did a lot of re search on this to find that out. So FedEx, you know that sends envelopes and stuff. To be fair. As much as I hate this company, they do a good job. Okay.
Speaker 4: You know, you go to a business, you get.
Speaker 3: A signature, Well you know that stuff's good. Okay. FedEx Ground, which tried to compete with ups, Amazon and the rest, they suck, suck, suck, suck suck more. Here's why the company was restructured, and they decided to use all vendors, all subcontractors for FedEx Ground. So when you hire FedEx ground. You're not hiring FedEx round, You're hiring a bunch of shlock amateurs, and they laid off a bunch of people for that right, So what you have is FedEx trying to go cheap with the subcontractors. I followed a subcontractor the other day, and the reason I followed him is because they kept saying they tried to deliver to me when they never came to my house. I would get these notices by email or text. We attempted to deliver your package and you weren't home. So that's it. I found out from an insider that they're paid every time they stop at a house, whether someone's home or not, for every stop they make. Well, guess what, they were never stopping at my house. In fact, they weren't even coming into the community my front gate.
Speaker 4: Save your comments.
Speaker 3: I live in a gated community and they never came through the gate when they said I wasn't home, Nor did my ring doorbell show anybody in case they snuck through. Here's the bottom line. They lied, not once, not twice, not three times. Before times they lied. I was waiting for them, and I decided, you know what, I left my daughter home.
Speaker 4: I had to go get my laptop at the other house.
Speaker 3: So I drive out of my gate and I see a FedEx truck literally parked across the street. So I sat and was watched for about forty five minutes. They sat there. Then I saw the guy drive through a neighborhood adjacent to mine, and he would go slowly. At a house, he'd look at the front door, like take a peek, and keep going. He did that about three or four times, and then he took off. I got a notice that I wasn't home that day. Again, he never went to my house. In fact, I'll bet you those other houses where he slowed down he was claiming he made an attempt. So I got so pissed off. I notified the ship or the seller, and I notified FedEx. I want to pick it up at a FedEx store. I would go to this FedEx store loaded for bear, but then I realized, wait a minute, it's not even the same division. They are such nice people there, And I said to the guy, may I ask you something.
Speaker 4: Do you ever get complaints?
Speaker 3: He said yes, and I said, what are you talking about? He said, you tried to get this at home, right, And I said yeah, And he said and they said, you weren't home right now. This is the clerk at FedEx and I said, that's true, and he said happens all the time. So people come here to pick up the package and they're pissed off. I said, what happened to FedEx? He said, nothing happened to the main FedEx. But FedEx Ground are a bunch of subcontractors. We're all pissed that they're giving us a bad name, so don't use FedEx Ground. How about that they suck? I mean they're worse. They worse than suck. If they did a bad delivery, that would be sucking. But doing no delivery and claiming they attempted to make a delivery, that's lying, thieving, disgusting pieces of garbage. Please snip this from my video and send it out. You have my permission. Please let people know FedEx Ground sucks.
Speaker 4: That's my story about FedEx.
Speaker 3: Now let's talk about something that does work. STERI Turnkey. You know, I have a lot of sponsors, and I like a lot of sponsors.
Speaker 4: I really do, because I.
Speaker 3: Check them out. Not all of them, though, do I want to get involved with necessarily. I'm not up for it. I did a fiction indeestenuity by the way, I really did okay, and that's touted by a few of my sponsors.
Speaker 4: I also have gotten you know, I use.
Speaker 3: Fix it to honest to god, fix at twenty four to seven plumb line. I've used all of these people, right, and there are some I don't use, but I love them because I've checked them out. I've used excel roofing many times. One clear choice to girl Highers, let me think one I haven't used. My God, there must be clients I haven't used, right, but Barry I haven't used yet, but I'm going to. I'm getting involved. I'm telling you that straight up. I'm not kidding. By the way, I'm doing it in a very creative way. I want multiple, multiple, multiple properties. I like the way they're doing it. And they have a meeting or a seminar this Saturday in the Tech Center. So why don't you take this down and look it up and sign up my Biggest return dot com? My biggest return dot Com. Now we have more coming up with questions. Some people have questions about it, like the average lease where you go for loans, and these are practical questions. So let's talk about that and more, And what are the rates on these loans? Doesn't that make it difficult to make money? Blah blah blah. More on that coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Deputy bo, you have another follow up, sir.
Speaker 14: Yes, this is from Patricia. She called on August twenty third to twelve o'clock hour.
Speaker 13: She had a big issue with Vivent Security right.
Speaker 3: Or vivid Yeah? Huh? And what was the issue?
Speaker 13: So the issue was she was she lived in Eaton, Colorado. She was moving I believe to Greeley.
Speaker 3: Oh. She wanted to take her stuff.
Speaker 13: That's right, took her stuff and and for her to move to a different location. That Vivent promised her a three hundred dollars credit to do this, so Tom she never got the credit. So and she what she wasn't paying the bill. She just want hope, she hoped, she was hoping they had to apply this three hundred dollar credit. So they didn't apply the credit, and then they turned her over to legal. They turned her over to a collection attorney. So she was calling and calling. So I called, I got a hold.
Speaker 3: Did she ever have it installed though in the new place?
Speaker 14: Yes, she did. She was using it.
Speaker 13: That's why they turned her over for collection, because she wasn't paying.
Speaker 3: The bill and because she was promised to credit.
Speaker 13: Right, she was hoping to use the promise three hundred dollars credit. So after making like multiple calls and getting hold of their public relations people, she just this was back in August. They finally got reached back to me the other day into her they're giving her her three hundred dollars credit and they're taking.
Speaker 14: Her off collections. So this worked out good.
Speaker 4: Oh man, hold on, I'll get to.
Speaker 14: Use because of the involvement of the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, view, I get to all my deputies, I get to use my or twice in a day. I'm not sure if I can go blind, but here in there we go anyway, both thanks a lot, man, we do appreciate that.
Speaker 14: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: I'll think, man, I have a question here on the average lease. I think what they mean is is it a year, six months, three years, two years? What what have your people been doing on leases?
Speaker 10: Seldom is it less than a year?
Speaker 1: Okay, Usually it's a one to two year lease, usually one year, and again we do it's our intent and again we match this over ninety five percent of the time that the first year it'll be positive cash flow.
Speaker 3: So but how do you do that? That leads into my next question? What about the rates?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: The rates? What are the rates?
Speaker 1: Well, twenty five percent down par means no upfront points right now, that's at seven and one eighth. The highest we have anybody pay is seven and a half. However, that was the quoted rate. Almost all of the sellers. Now we get good buyer agents who know how to negotiate with the seller agent sellers. Almost all of our buyers have had a rate at seven and one eighth or below because the sellers will pay one point for down payment. So now another item here is you get an interest rate, lowering interest rate if you put thirty percent down, and you get a bigger chunk lower interest rate if you put forty percent down. So a lot of our second, third, and fourth time buyers who are buying from their ten to thirty one exchange money are putting thirty and forty percent down and they're as low as six and one eighth sixth and one eighth percent interest. So we watch that all. It's all part of it. We have lenders, And where do you go for lends? Yeah? Where do we have two lenders here in the metro area. We shop them. Our lender rule by the way to town.
Speaker 3: They'll loan out of state.
Speaker 1: They have to work in all fifty states. But our rule for lenders for our quality high standards is twenty twenty. Just think of twenty twenty vision twenty percent lowest cost, lowest rate, and twenty percent highest service. So we have twenty twenty lenders.
Speaker 3: Do you like do the lenders like when you're involved? Do they like when they're a client of yours. Do they know about the program?
Speaker 1: Oh, they love it because they know that we have prequalified the consumer before the consumer ever even calls them to apply for the loan.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had friends going together on one?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 3: Okay, Like you can't pull together to strangers, but friends can come to you and say, I want to be pooled with this person, okay. And the reason for that is the securities laws say when somebody else pulls your money, it becomes a security security.
Speaker 1: So we cannot mention it. You can consumers mention it to us. That's okay. We can listen, but we cannot tout that or mention it right.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So the weekend Saturday morning at ten, you know, by the way, I like that. Most people do them weeknights at six or on a weekend in the evening. Why are you picking? Did you have you done this before? Where you find the morning? The mid morning?
Speaker 1: I've done seminars for forty years. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday nights are pretty darn good. Oh, but Saturdays are better Saturday mornings. Now, the key is keeping it full of information and ninety minutes maximum time. We do our webinars on the odd months. We only do our live seminars every four months, but we do our webinar. Is there fifty minutes okay, but it's also Saturday mornings here typically.
Speaker 3: Now, if people call you directly, you'll talk to them. I mean, they don't have to wait for one of.
Speaker 1: These, of course not they could meet with us. It starts with a conversation. A couple of our coordinators are on a short break until Wednesday afternoon. That's just tomorrow. But we could be reached at three oh three eight eight eight three seven eight eight at any time, anytime. Text this twenty four.
Speaker 3: S eight eight eight thirty seven eighty eight. And do you have any other people want to know about out of state ors? We get people listening from all over on the stream, and this comes from the iHeart thing. Do you have any people in other states? Or can they just call you? In other words, do you have offices elsewhere? Do you need them? You don't even need them?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we don't need them. But we are opening up what we call welcome center. Best there turnkey welcome centers in other states. The first one won't be open till January or February, we're probably going to open a handful all at once just.
Speaker 3: To get other state people investing out of state. And then so you as a real estate person, you're working through licensed real estate people in that state, or are you licensed in that state or your people?
Speaker 1: We are not licensed in any state except Colorado. Okay, So but we carefully vet I built two national networks to buyer agents, and then so we select the best of the best buyer agents in that local area. They're licensed of course, and do the great job of negotiating the best deal for the buyers, and then negotiate the best deal when our customer becomes a seller.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that the way you describe it is as trouble free as you can get. When it comes to active rentals. Now I consider this it's it's it's legally an active investment, but it is really passive in that everything is taken care of, especially if you opt for the yearly management fee. Excuse me, not management.
Speaker 10: Fee, but the oversight.
Speaker 3: We for two fifty a year. That's so cheap per property. And does what is your average investor own one or two properties?
Speaker 1: Are three or four or one okay, good, good question. Because in the last five years we've seen that change.
Speaker 10: It's grown.
Speaker 1: It's fractionally. I mean it's about two and a half, it's approaching three.
Speaker 3: It's because they start out with one, gain equity and buy two of the ten thirty one they see.
Speaker 1: Most people say, Berry, we can start off with two or three.
Speaker 10: What do you suggest?
Speaker 1: I said, do one so you could see how it goes. But again in three to six months they're saying, Okay, we have the money, we want two more so that they could see that for sure it is as turnkey as we say it is.
Speaker 4: All right, we have more coming up. I'm Tom Martina.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven, seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three O three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter, finishing up with the steroturnkey dot com. It's been a pleasure. Appreciate you being here, and I want people to go to this place to at least uh find out more. My big guest return dot com. And you know you're very straightforward, Barry, I mean necessarily you don't leave anything unsaid. You can ask any question you want of him. I can't stand people who tout systems and strategies and have you ever noticed a lot of these all of these I hate to say it, but I'm just gonna say it. And they're on all kinds of radio and TV and all kinds of advertising. They're either retirement plans or their home improvements, or their health programs or their real estate programs, and they say the same thing over and over, but they never give a detail.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 3: Never. I mean it's like a continual loop, you know, and then oh yeah, and I know this one person to do this and do that, and I'm going to take care of you. But never give the nitty gritty like you talk about the time people are going to spend, or the management company talk about the pricing the loans the rates, the positive cash flows, the disposal of the properties. What are you asked a lot? What? In fact, I want to ask you what do people ask when they call you? I know what they call they? What they say? Firstus? Is this for real?
Speaker 1: I know we hear it all the time. What else it's too good to be true? Is this for real? So we have to do that, but we do it with who? What, where?
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 1: And what are the ramifications to you? The consumer? Now, the consumers more than anything, say well, now we don't have a written plan. Do we have to have a written plan. The other question we could ask a lot is how much does it take to get in? Well, that question, though, leads to five more questions of you know, down payment qualifying, Hey, positive cash flow? You know that the lease at two thousand a month, three fourths of that counts as income for that buyer on that property, so they don't have to have a lot of extra income. So we get asked the finance questions a lot.
Speaker 3: All right, So remember my biggest return dot com if you want to know more. And I'm going to try to post that other video about rescuing that old lady with that elderly woman with the help of Deputy bow And though of course you should, yeah you should, and I'll get the sound up on that. So thanks for being here. I'm Tom Martino. As always, we'll be back here tomorrow three oh three Martino. You can call twenty four to seven for help, information and referrals. That's three O three six two seven eight four six six. Save all your problems for me.