Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com.
Speaker 1: Excited to visit right now with Heather from the Catatude Cafe. Heather, first of all, how long has the Catatude Cafe been around.
Speaker 3: We've actually been here for just over two years now.
Speaker 1: And the fun thing is we've got a comedy event coming up at the end of the month. We'll talk more about that here in a little bit. So if you like cats and you like comedy, you are in luck. But you guys do coffee every day. You've got cats in here all the time. What was the concept? How did you come up with Catatude Cafe? Where did this come from?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so CA cafes have kind of been around the United States for about twenty years now. I fell in love with my first one in twenty eighteen in Minneapolis, and I just really thought, you know, we seeing so many cats and Sioux Falls, seeing the Humane Society pretty much full most of the time. We just figured both the cats and the people could benefit from a space where they could enjoy each other's company.
Speaker 1: I love that. And the neat thing is the coffee is in one room, the cats are in a different room. So if you're going, oh cats, coffee and food, no, this is you know, this works really well. You've got a good system.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. We do have a space separate where we make the beverages, where we keep the desserts. The desserts do have to stand in the cafe side, but you can take your beverage into the catroom with you, just before warn they might try and steal a sip.
Speaker 1: And so how many cats do you have on a regular basis? If people are going, oh cats, I love cats, I want to go in and snuggle with the cats, they can do that. How many cats do they have to choose from?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we try and stay between fifteen to twenty adoptable cats at any given time. Currently we're actually at twenty two, so quite full in the catroom right now. Lots of options, lots of varieties, sizes, colors, kind of anything you're looking for. Adoption is done through the Two Falls Area Humane Society.
Speaker 1: And if somebody comes in here and they fall in love with these cats, not all of them are adoptable, but quite a few of them are adoptable where they can they can say, hey, I like this one right here, I want to adopt this cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely. We do have five residant kitties that kind of help the new babies when they come in get acclimated to the space. But we do keep callers on the kiddies who aren't available. So any kitty without a caller, you're good to adopt.
Speaker 1: And how old are the cats typically? Are they elderly cats, are they little kitty kitty cats? What kind of cats do you have here or is it a variety?
Speaker 3: We definitely get a variety. We don't usually keep kittens around too long. They do go pretty quick, you know, kind of between two and ten year old. We have I'm on occasion we'll get a thirteen year old, very very nice.
Speaker 1: So if somebody loves cats, and there are times where people are like, oh man, I love cats, but my spouse is allergic, so we can't have a cat, here's a great opportunity. You can come in and get all the cats snuggles you want, and then you go home. You don't have to worry about feeding the cat or anything. It's like it's just the best of both worlds at yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, one of our favorite things to say is, you know, the cats are definitely living their best nine lives here. So if you can't adopt, you won't feel guilty if you can't bring one home with you, and it's a great space for you to be able to get your kitty love.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about the fun events that you guys have, because you do all kinds of fun things throughout the year. But later this month there's a comedy event and if people would like to get tickets, is it free? Do they pay to come to this?
Speaker 3: Hou does all of this work absolutely, So we are putting on a comedy show October twenty fourth at seven pm. It's going to be right in our catroom, so you get to snuggle with kiddies and see a comedy show. The price is twenty five dollars plus tax per person and that's all going back to the cats. We're very fortunate that the comedy is being a fundraiser for us.
Speaker 1: I think that's going to be a lot of fun. And Skyler Bowlks, who is hilarious, one of my favorite comics.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, I mean, who doesn't want to help out some homeless kiddies.
Speaker 1: And they don't have to be homeless folks. So you guys can adopt them. And if you want to adopt them now you can in front of wait till the comedy show you can. How does that work? What does that process look like? If I show up and I fall in love with one of your cats, and if I want to adopt them, I just don't grab them and route the door. There's more to it, right.
Speaker 3: Hey, Yes, Unfortunately there's more to it, but it is a pretty quick process, very easy to do. You have a couple of options. When you're here. You can scan our QR code and get the application done online and then you're in contact with the Two Falls Area Humane Society via email or phone. Otherwise you're more than welcome to pop out there. They're just about five minutes from here. Get the process all done with them, and then they'll let us know you're approved and you're good to come pick up your new baby.
Speaker 1: So in that situation, I would actually pick the cat up from the Catatoo cafe and take them home from here.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, either way you would pick the cat up from here, whether you pop out there, whether you get the application done here, the kiddy will wait here for you until you're ready to take it home.
Speaker 1: So you can get your coffee to go, and then a situation you get your cat to go as well.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I love it. And now in addition to coffee, you have some treats. What are the different things that you guys have here that people need to know about the Cata Tuo Cafe.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so for starters, we do partner with CAFEA. For our beans, there are local roastery in town. We love supporting local as much as we can. And then for desserts, we actually partner with the Cake Lady here in Sioux Falls. Not only is every dessert cat themed, but they taste just as good as they look.
Speaker 1: That is, and they look really good, so I can imagine they taste really good, and the cake Lady is known for really good stuff, and so as cafe. So again you're supporting one local business and another local business and a third local business. And this business been around a couple of years, and there are going to be people who go with the Cataitude Cafe. I've never heard of that. You say you get that quite a bit still, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, surprisingly, we still get that quite a bit, you know. With us downtown got the big open windows, I don't think people can miss the cats necessarily, but I do think, you know, we'd love to get people who maybe don't frequent downtown as often, or the people who are kind of in the surrounding towns or on the outskirts of Souit Falls. We'd love to see your face down here.
Speaker 1: And let's talk to the people who've never been here before. How in the world do we get them to find you? What is the This is a destination, So how if you're telling somebody here's how you find the Cattude Cafe, how do they find you?
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, if you don't have Google Maps, you know you can just go to the corner of second and eleventh Street, look for the big windows with a bunch of kiddies jumping around everywhere. You'll find us.
Speaker 1: There you go, and I'm going to throw a link to make it really easy to find information about the comedy event. What's the date on that? Once again?
Speaker 3: Absolutely so, the comedy event is October twenty fourth at seven pm. You can pre get your tickets at the catitudecatcafe dot com. Just click on that bookings tab. We've got events galore on there. You do a regular appointment if you can't make it, but we'd love to see you out for that comedy show.
Speaker 1: Very nice. I'm going to throw a link at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sioux False comedy and is Something you Should Know.
Speaker 2: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldra dot com