Speaker 1: My apologies for the late start tonight, Ladies and gentlemen, we are gonna go live here shortly with everything you need to know about what's going on at the NFL scouting combine everything you need to know about how you can draft a winner in the FFPC Never too Early Best Ball and Never too Early Best Ball Super Flex Tournament, as well as the FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament. Tonight, we have a winner of twenty three FFPC League championships coming on tonight. Ladies and gentlemen, you don't want to miss it. We're gonna have Farrel Elliott. We're gonna have myself coming on tonight. It is going to be a fantastic show. I'm Eric Balkman, You're slightly above average. Host Farrel Elliott is going to join us here shortly. Stick around. Your High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts now.
Speaker 2: It's damn the pressure I'm see.
Speaker 3: Broadcast live in hord to round the world. You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot Com with your hosts Eric Boltman and Farrell Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in the world at now because no one else was available. Here are Eric Boltman and Farrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Rob Greenings and salutations to all of you b alcoholics tuning in from the United States and around the world. This is the high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, brought to you by the Fantasy Football Players Championship, live on the f f PC YouTube social channels as well as around the world. Whether you're streaming, downloading, podcasting, we appreciate you listening and watching tonight. I wanna tell you that Farrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner Ofantasy Football and I are going to go hard on everything you need to know with the FFPC Players Championship, Big Gorilla Tournament, the Never Too Early Best Ball Tournament, and everything going on with the Dynasty Fantasy Football Players Championship Orphans with my FFPC dot com. It's going to be a great show tonight. We'll have stuff going on from the combine. Pharrell was just fresh off the NFL combine. We'll talk about what he learned about the rookies there, and we'll talk about everything we need to know about managing your dynasty teams to the high that you need to get him to to win not only one, but multiple leagues. In the FFPC Players Championship at my FFPC dot com, Jeff Newton, who has won twenty three FFPC league titles, is going to join us tonight to talk about his dynasty management philosophy, which has been done to some critical acclaim. We'll talk about with him shortly. Now. I want to remind you if you are looking for action in the FFPC, check out the Never Too Early Best Ball and Never Too Early Superflex Bestball tournaments going on at my ffpc dot com. The Never Too Early Bestball Tournament features a forty thousand dollars grand prize that's up fifteen thousand dollars from the previous year, for a one hundred and twenty five dollars entry fee that is the same from the previous year. You can also win ten thousand dollars a ten thousand dollars grand prize in the FFPC Superflex Never Too Early Best Ball Tournament that is only a thirty five dollars entry feet. Those tournaments are going on right now. They will go all the way till April twenty fourth, which is the start of the FFPC or excuse me, the start of the NFL Draft. So once the NFL Draft starts, you will no longer be able to draft in the never too Early Best Ball tournaments. At myffpc dot com, drafts are available right now thirty second, sixty second, two hour, and six hour clocks. And while you're there, pick up a dynasty orphan over at myffpc dot com. Those leagues are normally between seventy seven dollars and five dollars. Those entry fees have been lowered for the FFPC dynasty leagues this year. You can pick them up for as little as one dollar over at my ffpc dot com. Slash Dynasty eighteen hundred plus leagues over the last fifteen years, and none have ever folded. In fifteen plus years. That's a decade and a half. Not one dynasty league has ever folded. So if you want to play dynasty fantasy football and you don't want to have to worry about now as this league in the fold or not, you don't have to worry about it. MYFFPC dot com is your home for it right now. Check it out, and while you're there, the big Gorilla Tournament is going on one million dollar grand prize, a three hundred and fifty dollars entry fee, three teams for one thousand dollars. Drafts are already off and running both live and slow right now at MYFFPC dot com. You want to join now, you will get in on the Early Rampage Tournament. That means three hundred and fifty dollars is going to buy you not one, but two entry fees to two different tournaments, the Early Rampage Tournament and the Biggerilla Tournament. You will be l Joe Berry ten thousand dollars grand prize and a one million dollar grand prize. The seven Bananas Promotion is also going on right now. If you get that seven pick and two consecutive drafts, which multiple teams already have so far this year, you will get a free one hundred and twenty five dollars FFPC Bestball Tournament entry. If you get it three times in a row, you will get a free main Event entry. If you get it four times in a row, you will get a free ten thousand dollars High Society League entry this year. And if you get the seventh pick and the Biggerilla tournament five times in a row, we are giving you an all expense paid trip on a jungle Safari. That's right, you will get a jungle Safari if you get that seven pick five times in a row in the Bigger ROLLA tournament. Or if you don't want to take the jungle Safaris, that's okay, we will give you fifty thousand dollars cash. My FFPC dot com m y ffpc dot com is where to go. Remember to like that video, like this video, subcribe to the channel, comments on the video, share it with your friends, share with your enemies, and getting notified each and every time we go live, which will be coming up this coming Tuesday at ten pm Eastern time. More on that coming up later on in the show. I have rambled on long enough. Let's bring in the definitive commissioner of Fantasy football. He is the head of the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship. He is the crusher of I shouldn't say crusher. He is the builder of all dreams in the NFL as he is a player agent and just fresh off his appearance at the twenty twenty five NFL Scouting Combine, Mister Farrell Elliott Farrell. Welcome back from Indianapolis. Let me ask you this. How was the shrimp cocktail? How is the steak at Saint Almos? Not until you are back in Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I did not make it to Saint Almos this year.
Speaker 1: Because you're you're working too hard. Yeah, you need to take a break. Go to Saint Almos, have a nice steak. You're working too hard. You're crushing you, You're crushing too much.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: I'm crushing the dreams of the other agents when I'm out working. You know, they're all sitting over everything about It was fantastic. The uh uh the gorilla at the Combine is n I l uh we uh. I had a meeting this morning. I attended uh hosted by a UH a wonderful guy named Neil Stratton who does a great job of bringing the industry together for his private meetings. And over thirty nil general managers from colleges across the country were there and it was very enlightening. And yeah, that is the that is the gorilla. Uh. As far as the Combine is concerned, ask more directed questions and I'll give you some ins.
Speaker 1: Neil Stratton can be here. Neil Stratton, by the way from Houston, Texas came followed on the X at inside the League. He is the guy who is going to be running succeed in football dot Com. And you were at a front row seat for this. I don't want to put words in you with Farrell, but was this like the actual combine? Did you also get an upgrade in understanding the NIL and everything going on in college football equally as you are understanding as you already have a well handled situation on it with pro football? Was this kind of like on the same level college and problem.
Speaker 2: Is continuing and we're all figuring out at the same time from coaches from general managers. The shift is that many general managers, as talent evaluators and people that can manage a salary cap, are coming from professional football and moving into the college ranks to run the NIL. And there are all various ages and they're all being very well compensated, which makes it quite feasible for them to wish to leave scouting in the NFL or some other aspect of coaching and come in and contribute. And it, uh, yeah, it's it's pretty fascinating, and it's it's going to how it affects fantasy football, because that's what this show is about. We're going to know more about the players. We're going to be able to understand an early nil valuation of college players another stat besides their name, to discuss what they're going to do when we get to the NFL. And so all of us would like to play fantasy football can now begin to project rookie values long before they've become available to us in the NFL. And we're going to continue to see a great deal of transfer, not transfer for transfer sake, but transfer because of the economics involved. And it's uh, yeah, it's it's uh, it's a very exciting time in the football world.
Speaker 1: What can you tell me about is obviously, like a lot of us who, like a lot of people who are playing dynasty, whether in the KFFC, the FFPC, are tuning in tonight to find out more about dynasty fantasy football. What can you tell us about not only the the landscape with college football with the NIL right now, but how that's affecting pro football. And I'll bring you to this. There are plenty of players who are sticking around in college football right now because of the landfall of cash that they are getting as opposed to what they could get in the NFL. Is this something we need to be concerned about. There is something to be said for people who are scouting players, you know, at the DEBI level, and then and then obviously at the college football level, who are excited about dynasty fantasy football, you know, rookie drafts coming up and everything. How is this affecting us who do not follow college football, do not follow high school football, but follow professional football, especially at that dynasty level. How is the nil How is everything that you have learned this past weekend and previous to this affecting players who are not only drafting in redraft leagues, but dynasty leagues as well. Well.
Speaker 2: I think it's time to start following college football because we can now understand it in the terms that we're used to as fantasy players, and we can deal with it in the terms that we're used to. Is studying and following the money in the NFL, because it's beginning to look more like that. No players, you know, the COVID is finally in the background. It's finally so far back that the age there is not an age limitation on players. We're going to see more four and five and done and more younger players coming in the league. And I think we I think that was reflected in the guys that are working at the combine of the guys that are going to be in the draft this year. One of the things of balkey that I've had commentary from friends. Our good friend Richard Ross sent me a text tonight talking about how players that don't perform at the combine he questions their competitiveness. And that's understandable because you know, I ran into a trainer today that asked me to call some agents that were new in the business and tell them that their client, his client that he's been training, and their client that they represent him must run at the combine. Because the player wants to run. The agent doesn't want him to because the agent's nervous that he hasn't healed from his injury from college ball. And I met that kid, and there's no way that it's going to keep him out for running at the combine. He would run in the hallway on the way to But if you are a college football fan, you want players to show up and play in the bowl game. There was one team last year it might have been San Jose, but I'm not really sure who it was. They had to cancel their involvement in a bowl game because so many players that entered the portal, they have no players to play in the bowl game. Then we want the tournament. We want a true national championship in college football, and you have elongated seasons there. So you take a switch now and you look at the different players who are at the top of their game, amongst the top players in the league, and here we are in late February. Well, they played a long college season. They're not necessarily advanced in their training. Their body hasn't recovered from the season. So it's understandable how they figured that their best effort could come later at the combine because or at the pro day, because the training that they're having personally is just beginning to take effect. They would go and have a week of training and make gradual steps. But now that has sort of kicked in, and so in one day's training they're advancing like it was for an entire week. And I'll figure up. I'll finish up by just saying that there's an element that if you throw at your pro day or if you work at your pro DA, you're going to be assisting your teammates that are there. If you're a top player and you haven't worked yet, there's a chance that more attentive and more depth every team will have representation, but attentive guys in the coaching staff and more depth from certain teams might show up at your PRODA, which helps all the guys that you've been with for four years. So it doesn't let's let's don't. Let's don't set a player aside because he doesn't throw at the PRODA. He's got personal reasons to do it. He might be doing a lot of other things that you like as a football fan.
Speaker 1: I think the thing to understand here is, I'll put this out there. Ryan Heath from Fantasy Points just at a podcast with Theogrammager, and he pointed out all the things that we need to be paying attention to and the things we should ignore as far as the combine goes to your point, Pharaoh, and check that out anywhere you get podcasts to your point Pharaoh. I think that if I was in a situation as a quarterback, a receiver of running back to tight end, whatever I am going to do, what is going to get me drafted highest, because what is going to get me drafted highest in the NFL draft is going to pay me the most. So if that's not working out, I'm not going to work out.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. And each of that is determined individually. Like and you know, I wanted to be at the combine and I wanted to get the most from the meetings today, so balkey. As you know, I am not a more person, but I was. I was up this morning at four am. So if I say anything that's a bit off putting to anyone, I apologize because you know this has been a hello, a long day.
Speaker 1: That's all I will say this. I had a six forty five am doctors, So you and I are in a bad spot right now.
Speaker 2: I need a six forty five am doctors point.
Speaker 1: All right, So here's what I want to do. We have Jeff Newton, the twenty three time FFPC champion, hanging out in the in the in the green room. I have ordered my intern to put out extra bacon wrap shrimp for him because we will get to him in a couple of minutes. There's two things I want to bring up tonight, Ferrell before we get into the actual show itself.
Speaker 2: Some Porkys will be proud that you got the bacon ry.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, porky's by the way, Scott Christian, here we go.
Speaker 2: Nothing better than seafood and and pork Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, no question. And anytime I have an opportunity to bring up Winker on the show, I'm going to do that. This is this is going to be terrible. It's Christian and who's the other one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Then James Sicks?
Speaker 1: You just James who gave me this? And I feel bad for James Hicks because I know you've been You probably don't know my name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you told you. You introduced me as a crusher of dreams a few minutes ago. We're not going to be right about everything during the show exactly.
Speaker 1: So glad to be joined by Farrell Edwards tonight on the on the show fantastic stuff. No no, Scott, Scott Christian and James Kicks uh birthing pinkers that we are bringing on the show tonight. So two things I want to bring up. Number one, the big news of the night Matthew Stafford. He's finalizing a deal to remain with the Rams for this upcoming season. According to Ian Rappaport. The te's just have to be crossed, the eyes just have to be dotted. We were talking about Stafford potentially going to the Giants, Stafford potentially going to the Raiders. Obviously he was skiing with Tom Brady and Montana this past week. We know he's gonna be back with Los Angeles Ferrell. This just I think the biggest thing I take away from this. I'm comfy, cozy draftings Matthew Stafford as my number two quarterback in never too early best ball tournaments with the FFPC, and Puka Nakua is locked and loaded as a first round pick this year. And that's my biggest takeaways from the Stafford. The reported Stafford deal with the Rams. That's gonna keep him around, not only for twenty twenty five, which is all I care about with Stafford because they kind of want to go week to week with him or year to year with him right now. That's all I care about with him right now. I feel really good about Stafford Nkua in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too. We got to figure out how to use Stafford in this upcoming draft, and if you're gonna get him as a second round draft pick, and you know, two hundred and seventy nine million dollars is the new salary cap. I don't expect to jump like that next year. And the reason I don't is because I've been told by people that really know not to expect to jump next year, but a year to year thing. You know. One of the things I learned today is we might get you know, the collective of bargaining agreement does the current one does not expire until twenty thirty. We might get there sooner. There's so many introduction of revenue streams in the NFL that the owners may actually want to join the players' union and getting a new deal out on the table. So that might include this big news for fantasy football, and the players are dead set against it as of today. But part of that negotiation might be another regular season football game. So we'll see, we will see.
Speaker 1: I want to bring this up and and my apologies again, Jeff, gorge yourself on that bacon rap shrimp, because we will get to you shortly.
Speaker 2: We're going to go over tonight.
Speaker 4: Bo.
Speaker 1: It's leaning that way. Tom Smith, our mutual friend Tom Smith, who I am playing in Week one, h aff C one of the KFFFC drafts that have already drafted, sent me a Facebook message tonight about Corbyn Smith, who covers the Seattle Seahawks for Emerald Spectrum locked on Seahawks Fox thirteen Seattle. He does a lot. He's got twenty four thousand plus followers on x I'll bring this up. He reported that the Packers have been open to the idea of moving their first round pick in exchange for DK Metcalf because, as Peter Vikowski, who is a normal weekly guest on my terrestrial radio show here in northeast Wisconsin, they believe they can get similar compensation back for Jay R Alexander, the cornerback, the former All Pro cornerback for the Packers, in a separate deal. So there's a lot going on. According to Corman Smith, there is a deal on the table right now that the Packers have issued for Seattle that will send one of the packers draft picks and one of the Packers' young receivers to Seattle in exchange for DK Metcalf coming to Green Bay. I don't like to dwell on this type of stuff. I don't like to put a spotlight on this type of stuff, but when Tom Smith, KFFFC celebrity, FFP seed legend, when he brings this up, I feel like I have to bring this up. This does not sound like Green Bay, this does not feel like the Packers. But it's out there right now. Farrell, if you are drafting in the KFFFC right now, if you are drafting in the FFPC right now, how do you handle the Packers receivers? More importantly, how do you handle DK Metcalf Knowing that it's reported that he could be headed to the Packers from Seattle.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted DK Metcalf to have a new playground. I think that would be wonderful. Who knows, it's just that does it move? Where's he going? Where's Darren? Let us know that he's going right now because he there's a room I think to move him up on speculation, and I think there's a lot of any landing space outside of Seattle might be an improved landing space for him. Not that things aren't necessarily correct in Seattle, but I think this player, like some of the other receivers, it digs and it could just use a new sever.
Speaker 1: Right now, DK Metcalf is drafted as wide receiver te so at the end of the of the wide Receiver twos that he is going at the five oh four Pharaoh right now in the FFPC Big Gorilla Fantasymojo dot Com at Fantasy Mojo on the ex Fantasy Mojo, Darren ARMANI the godfather of the processes, Joe's for the FFPC anytime we cite ADP, it is, according to Fantasy Mojo, Metcalf at the five oh four right now, that is right behind DeVante Adams and Tetoroa McMillan, right ahead of Crystal Lave and Zay Flowers. Tom Smith also chiming in on YouTube. Would DK Metcalf be the wide receiver one Bay if he's traded to them? Unequivocally, yes, he would. Now, what does that mean in Green Bay? It means something different for the Packers. The wide receiver one there maybe does not drive home what the wide receiver one would be for the New York Jets or the Jacksonville Jaguars, for the Las Vegas Raiders, for the Houston Texans. It's a little bit different here. But I can on to quivocally say if DK metcap is traded from Seattle to Green Bay, which I don't know how likely it is, and I still bet uh that this is not going to happen more than than a what. But if he did happen, yes, uh, he would go up in ADP. He would be the de facto number one receiver in Green Bay, which is what people are looking for right now.
Speaker 2: You know what everybody in Green Bay is looking for.
Speaker 1: They want the number one receiver. Farrell, Josh Jacob wants the number one receiver. Jordan Love wants the number one receiver. I am of the opinion that they can still cobble it together in the regular season. Once it gets to the postseason, you need that third down guy. You need that.
Speaker 2: Very interesting as well. I'm sorry who former guest of the show, Derrek Grier.
Speaker 1: We're a did he post it is this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: There? He is right there? He is a run first team is the Packers h and I and I would probably Here's the thing, and this is why I don't like to go crazy on these Packers' receivers. When you consider the fact that the Packers kind of took the ball out of Jordan Love's hands for the majority of the twenty twenty four season and had Josh Jacobs have a banner season this past year and are hoping for another banner season this year. They still have Marshon Lloyd. Everybody forgets about Marshawn Lloyd. They have Emmanuel's, they have Chris Brooks, they have Marshaon Lloyd. This could be another big year where we're you know, Pharaoh, You and I are sitting here one year for Na saying God, Jordan love another step back. But really it was the fact that the Packers had a big time running game that fueled them this season. And I think that's something that we need to keep in mind when we consider the Packers could add another receiver, but that wide receiver one could be very, very very different than the wide receiver one we could see in a lot of other teams this season.
Speaker 2: I think all of us need to keep in mind when you start talking about the Green Bay Backers that we should just listen because you know, Buff there with here terrestrial radio and your home work somewhere in Wisconsin. Yeah, you're spots from home.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My thought is this, if they stay at status quo right now, you want to avoid past pass catchers for Green Bay. If they don't, if they go out and grab DK Metcalf. You probably need to bump up DK back Calf.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and draft him in the fourth round. Get him on the team, see what happens.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about a guy who has won a one of at that PC league's over the last half decade. He is a twenty three time league winner. He has a guy that has a lot of interesting thoughts on how he has been able to take his dynasty teams from not much in year one to year two, year three, year four where he is absolutely crushing it, twenty three league titles to his name. I want to welcome him on tonight, ladies and gentlemen. His name is Jeff Newton and he joins Ferrell and I on the hs FF Hour tonight. Jeff, good evening. I'm sorry to keep you waiting. Thank you so much for having on board tonight man.
Speaker 4: Now Malkey Farrell, thank you for the invite. I'm really excited to be here.
Speaker 1: I am excited to have you as well. And the first thing, we always like to get this question out of the way. When you're not winning all these FFPC leagues dynasty and redraft, by the way, I should point that out too, what are you doing for a living when you're not dominating the FFPC.
Speaker 4: I retired two and a half years ago from a thirty year career in healthcare, and I still have real estate. I've been doing real estate for about sixteen years and I still have rental properties. But a lot of the crazy stuff I was doing with flip funding and things like that, I've kind of winded that part down. But I would say my career work really had a lot of strategy, a lot of negotiation, not having to think big picture, and I this is a great outlet, you know, going into the especially dynasty. I really enjoy it.
Speaker 1: So refresh my memory. Jeff, you started like redraft leagues in the FFPC, and then you you were like, oh, let me try this dynasty aspect out right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Twenty fourteen it was my first year in FFPC, and I played till seventeen, and then the laws changed and for four years Missouri didn't allow me to play at all, and I came back. You know, I've been pretty active with the the Players Championship. Had some success there. I had some good finishes, some league wins, et cetera. But then in twenty two picked up three teams in Dynasty, and I always get through the Super Bowl and then I just didn't like skin crawling until August when we start like trying to prep for the drafts. Right, and I'd heard about Dynasty. I've heard about you know, individual defensive Player and et cetera. But I always thought, well, it's kind of baseball. I don't know if I really want to go there, right, I mean, baseball seems to me. I played it one year. It was a little more than I could really get into. Yeah, but but I tried Dynasty three leagues. And I know you probably asked me about some of this as we go along, but it ramped up fairly quickly. I'm getting better, but I want to say, I'm in my fourth year and I'm still making a lot of mistakes. And I'm happy to share what I've learned and where I'm improving. But I'm still finding that I've got a lot a lot of room grow.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic, I mean, like, because we we don't always get players like you on the program. Initially, when you when you were thinking about, you know, moving over from Redrafted Dynasty, what was it that attracted you to the aspect of Dynasty Fantasy football. Was it, you know, pretty much owning all these guys for their the entirety of their careers until you traded them or cutting them or cut them or anything like that. We got it them. Yeah, exactly what was it about Dynasty? Because you went hard on this, like like, well, I shouldn't say you went hard. You went a little bit light that first year. But ever since your first year of Dynasty, you've gone hard.
Speaker 2: Man gone hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I really, Uh, I caught the fever for sure. The year round aspect is great. I think. The the other thing is, even though I had success in the Players Championship, when the season ended, you're done, Like that team's gone. You're starting fresh. I love the idea of trying to take a twenty man roster when that year, but also always it with an eye on how do I keep this going? Like I like that idea that you can you can build a winner that can endure and hopefully run it back, run it back, run it back, you know. And then there's that mix, right, I mean, do you want a lot of veterans, you want young? Do you want to mix how do you make the best use of that full twenty man roster and and I'll see you. Also, I've been very impressed with the owners, the types of engagement I get in in these leagues. Obviously with Fantasy the pros Players Championship, there's no trading. With this, there's so much engagement around, you know, trade block or people you know, sending offers and trying to figure out what what I'm looking for and see what you know, what they might you be looking to send me, and you know, see if there's a match. I find most of the owners are very engaging and very enjoyable to to try to work with. There's a few that you know, just send you goofy offers and you get a little frustrated by.
Speaker 1: That many league, right, I mean.
Speaker 2: Those few are the guys that create orphans for the rest of us to adopt. You know, there there's you know, I mean they they cut and run. They're not there to build a champion. I'm impressed. Twenty three championships. I finally fell into the Dynasty world. I did it mostly through orphans, uh, some through startups. What is your favorite way to acquire a Dynasty team? And do you have a certain code perhaps that you might live by You talk about being a realtor and playing the waiting game and hitting it at the right time, and a real estate investor. I think you're approaching. I think you're bringing a lot of that element to this dynasty world. And just tell us a little bit about that. But let's start with where you built them. Do you like building them through the draft or do you like going in and adopting a lonesome, the draggled orphan team.
Speaker 4: I think the answer is yes.
Speaker 2: In most brunettes I had.
Speaker 4: I had seven first places in five seconds in twenty twenty four, and six of the twelve teams that finished versus Second War orphans, three of them were startups and three then we're ongoing leagues. So I found the orphan. The orphans were great. I've heard you guys on your recent shows talking about, hey, sometimes you can buy an orphan and they're ready to go. I found that some of these orphans, you know, you never know the background of why someone lets the team go, but you look at these teams, I'm like, I don't think I need to do a lot with this team to make this team competitive.
Speaker 2: I know exactly why those you know, guys let those teams go. They cannot stand prosperity, they're teams.
Speaker 4: This look great and so. Yeah, so I like I like all of that. But I will tell you frankly, going from three teams to fourteen to thirty, I may have a problem. No, that's that's a little bit. That's a little bit quick. But I but I think, you know, I don't know if I go more than thirty and do it right?
Speaker 2: Where is home from you? For you that where's where's your home?
Speaker 4: I'm in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Saint Louis is a good miss, good midwestern. You know you need to Okay, it's very good.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you something, Jeff, when we talk about Dynasty Fantasy Football. One of the things we exchanged some emails prior to this podcast tonight, you have often tried to break the code in Dynasty. For lack of a better term, What does break the code mean to you? Can you explain that to the viewers to the listeners tonight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate the question. I guess it's all trying to get better and smarter and more successful, because I'm in year three and you know, I had no success. First year, I was better. Year two, I had a pretty good year. Last year. But I think it's all because I'm I've got a process in place, which I'll be happy to share. You can stop me daytime if you think we're losing listeners because I'm getting to stuff right, but I'll go there. You guys, stop me if I'm creating a problem for your show, Well.
Speaker 1: Let's I'm not going to stop you because we're bored already. But I want to get I want to get the viewers and the listeners intune on this. And you kind of alluded to this earlier. Three Dynasty teams for you in twenty twenty two, you up that the following year to fourteen, and then this past year you ran thirty Dynasty teams. The first year playing Dynasty in the FFPC, you didn't win anything, right, the second year, seventy seven percent of your entry fees back into your account, and then the third year, one hundred and fifty eight percent of your league fees went right back into your FFPC players account. Last year, seven first place teams, five second place finishes out of thirty teams. So you're either finishing first and second first exu me first or second. This past year, in twelve out of your thirty leagues. So can you tell us a little bit about the system that you have employed, what intrigues you about dynasty Fantasy Football, and honestly, what has you coming back for more is obviously your success rate, But tell us a little bit about what you've done to make sure that these teams don't just stay stagnant as bottom feeders, but are contenders every single year.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely, So what I do that's probably a little different from some is I barely look at the app other than to pick up free agents on Wednesday night. So between Tuesday morning and let's call it Friday afternoon, I'm not in there setting lineups because to me, that's an inefficient use of time. I think Tuesday and Tuesday night is all about trying to get an idea who you want from waiver perspective. And then also, I know I shared this with you Bulkey on an email, the big group process withinn FPC, where you can do a global big group. It's really great for teams like myself that have or guys like myself to have a lot of teams because I might miss if someone's dropped, that's the player that I wouldn't expect to be available. But the way that big group works go, it's showing you who's available in all thirty leagues, and so you can sort it one to thirty. So if a player is only available and one league out of thirty, it's going to show me. And if someone only available in one league out of thirty, that's probably someone that I might want to take note of because there's a reason that twenty nine teams own that player. So I can look at who got dropped, like a Senate or a Grindo, or a Tracy or a McMillan, which I found all those guys through this process. Throughout the year.
Speaker 1: On your waiver wire in your dynasty.
Speaker 4: Leagues, you got and you know across these leagues. You know wasn't available in every league obviously, but across those thirty there was those kind of players. And I know Senate hasn't turned out to be much yet, but I'm a big believer. But the other guys Tracy, Garndo, McMillan and others, I wouldn't have found them without that tool because they probably didn't score much the week before they probably you might not have shown up. If you've sorted by different ways, you could sort you know, points, last week, ownership, whatever. But that tool is great, So let me get back into the question. So Tuesday is all about free agent building the global sheet, not putting in fab but just getting the players in there. And of course when you build that, you can put twenty or thirty players in and it'll only show you by league which ones are actually available in your league when you start to toggle across your teams. So I use Tuesday Wednesday to get that process tight and pick up who I need to pick up. Thursday is my trade day. I'm looking at, Okay, I didn't get the waiver guys I needed whatever. Thursday I'm looking at what do I need to fill? Where do I have strengths that I might be able to leverage, et cetera. Friday afternoon. Now again this is all done. I keep everything on Excel one page. I'm doing all this on off the FFPC. I'm doing it on Excel because it's so much more efficient to in that color code. Who's my starters, my backup players.
Speaker 1: My hand creeps for each league.
Speaker 4: You're doing this for each league, so I can look in one place and I can go across thirty tabs or thirty rows and I can see, you know, where do I have a player that I want to drop because it's someone I'd rather pick up someone off the waiver? Where do I have a gap? Maybe I've got a buy a week where I need to pick up a kicker or a defense. But I do it all on ex seal. So by the time Friday or Saturday comes, I go in and I just set all my lineups. I don't think it's very efficient to just go into the app and just be like grinding over starting decisions from Wednesday to Saturday. I mean, there's so much that changes Wednesday, Thursday, Friday in terms of player availability, health, all kinds of things. I want to wait till Friday or Saturday to make those decisions. I want to use that time Tuesday to Thursday to pick up the free agents and to make trades, and then Sunday morning. And one last thing I'll say is I don't want to let the emotions get in the way. Sometimes I make bad decisions five minutes four games. So I try hard to make decisions on Saturday. And unless there's a tenth you know, like the hour and a half before the game, someone's inactive or someone like Ingram last year pulled a hamstring and warm ups. I'm not changed in the lineup. I've learned that my best decisions are on Saturday morning, not on Sunday before the game, when I start to get that anxiety Pharaoh, the things.
Speaker 1: I do, Jeff, this is all fantastic. This is this is like all Dynasty players are are madly scribbling notes right now, Pharah, you're gonna ask him about the Dynasty bench right now. Before you do that, Jeff, I want to ask you when you talk about, you know, submitting your waivers Tuesday Wednesday, getting your your your your waivers lined up. You said Thursday is your trade day. What does that mean? Are you sending out offers? How do you handle Thursday knowing that that is the day after you know waivers process? What does trade day on Thursday mean to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate that. Well, after Wednesday night, you know who you got who you didn't, So it's always exciting. I love nine o'clock Central. You know it's locked. You know, by ten to thirty you might see who you got who you didn't. It's so much fun to go through the leagues and see who you know, who you landed and who you didn't. But then at that point, I can put that in my spreadsheet and I can see, you know, if I have any gaps or if I'm strong in a position where I think maybe I need to leverage that to let's say wide receiver to get a little deeper running back. Whoever it may be. But I just take the time on Thursday, do at least look across the leagues and say, do I have something here that I want to at least, you know, go out and reach out to the league and see if there's maybe a match. And what I typically do instead of just sending out a global hey I want to make a trade, I'll go into the roster aspect of FFPC and there's a tab where you can literally look at every roster on one view, and I'll look for teams that are weak in an area that I'm strong, and then if they have something I need, then I'll reach out to them, send something that's what i'd call fair, and say are you interested. The one thing I tried very hard to do is not send offers that are not I want every offer to be at least one that makes people think I don't want it to be like, well, that's obviously not close. Hopefully I'm creating a conversation and hopefully it's a conversation. May not land something that week, but maybe I start to engage that owner and I've got a better sense what they're looking for. Maybe something lands down the line. But yes, I don't always make it trade on Thursday, but I want to take the time to see if there's something there, and if there's not something there, I'm not going to force it.
Speaker 1: So it's the long term aspect, right, because a lot of times in my dynasty leagues, I'm like, hey, let's work this out, but after a week or two it ends. But you are trying to establish some sort of I don't want to say a relationship, but some sort of dialogue that hey, maybe this deal didn't work out for both of us, but maybe now that we have a rapport, we can expand this conversation to other deals or maybe a bigger deal that maybe doesn't hit, you know, within the first couple of weeks of when you're discussing it. Maybe it's a couple months down the road, maybe it's next year. Right, It's all about establishing a rapport with your league. Makes in Dynasty Fantasy Football, right, jeh, I would agree.
Speaker 4: And what I do so I don't lose that is, if I get a trade response, I keep a folder in my Yahoo email for each league, one for what I send out for offers, and one for anything I get back is a reply or any accepted deal in the league. So I know there's ways to look at that within the FFPC, but I also like to go to my own email and I can see, Okay, I've already sent that offer to that guy three months ago and then he responded and he said, hell no, So I'm mbind not going to send that again. But I've got it there. I can go back and refresh myself. And so yeah, I think that's another thing I do a little different, is you know thirty leagues, that's sixty individual folders. Yeah, But that way, when I'm ready to go look at one league for one, you know, trade, I'm not weeding through all kinds of information. I've got it kind of bucketed in a way I can get through.
Speaker 2: It pretty quickly. You know my question, I believe you answered it, and I also I like the way you got the brands and the conversations you may have a future in NIL yourself, but the managing the end of your lineup, your spec guys, that's one of the things I'm always working with and I'm probably spending a little bit too much time on those guys. But I think you just explained your system with that. Thom Smith asked about ridiculous trade offers. I think you've handled that to make sure that your trades are always going to get someone. One of your co owner's attentions, I'm more interested to get. Unless you have anything else to say about the end of the bench, I'm really interested to BALKI to keep moving on because I want to get you your with the success you're having, I want to hurry up and get to talk about the rookie drafts because how much are your team's going to change and how many how often do you move rookie picks? And we'll get to that later. That's where I want to get to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you want to move on, we could certainly do that. Yeah, I will say, just on the bench, I just think we should be working all twenty positions. I do see rosters where it's like there's dead weight at the end, and I'm thinking why. I mean there's guys out there. I'm looking all the time and seeing the Grendos and other running backs or wide receivers. You can see a path for value even if you don't need to start them they. I mean, as we see with Grin, well, especially with Tracy and McMillan. I mean, guys that were free agents are now what late first early second round value even if you didn't meet them, you'll love having that value to trade for something else. Right, So I just don't see why we're having three four quarterbacks on the team. You know, I was looking at one team in one of my leagues. They have Aaron Rodgers, Watson, Trevor Watt, Trevor Lawrence when going blank, the guy in Jacksonville. Yeah, so Trevor uh and Nix and Pennix. So that's five spots. It's like, man, there's got to be there's got to be a better way, right So anyway with I'm just a big believer. You know, let's not put like lock it on the end of the bench or guys like well, you know, Aaron Rodgers. I mean, there's got to be a better way to use that spot.
Speaker 1: This is a great point, Chef, because I happen to manage my redraft teams in a similar way those last four and five spots on your dynasty benches. It is all about upside for those playoffs. You are not you are not putting a guy. Why you mentioned Lockett lock It is a perfect example. A guy that's like wide receiver fifty something that has an upside of wide receiver forty something, right, or running back that that is a wide receiver thirty eight, or excuse me, a running back thirty eight, running back thirty seven that has the upside of running back thirty Like it is all about. It is all about trying to get the upside, and you will turn through those guys and when you cut them, and this is the other thing to keep in mind too. You cut them, and it's probably better for your team that you do, but then it's it's also forcing your your league mates, your other eleven league mates, like, oh, should I be picking up this guy? And maybe they do, and then maybe they're cutting a guy that again has a running back that is like running back sixty or whatever, but he has the upside if he gets the opportunity of running back twenty five or running back fifteen or something like that, and then you can pick you can pick him up. It's all about keeping that churn going. And I feel like, and correct me if I'm wrong. I feel like every single week during the Dynasty Football season, you're always trying to find out who those upside guys are. From week one to week three, to week seven to week fifteen. You know, like that is how you're operating your teams.
Speaker 4: I would agree, I'm looking before I even go into the FFPC site to start picking up anybody for that week, I go across my thirty rosters and I say, do I even have a drop? I mean, I'm not going to drop someone if I don't have a drop, but I'll determine maybe ten or twelve teams are someone that you know, I just don't see the upside or the value of that player. Then I'll still do the search across the thirty because I might find a McMillan or a Tracy in one of those leads where didn't have a drop, and then I have to go back and say, well, maybe I need to find a drop or make a trade or something, because I you know, of course hard when you don't have that player, you're just bidding on them. But the point is, I, you know, I will sometimes have to rethink that if if a waiver opportunity arises. To Ferrell's question about rookies, did you want to go to this kind of how I value the the value of the picks, and where I would consider the veterans.
Speaker 2: You've had so many compelling things to say about Dynasty fantasy football that I will listen to anything you want to say.
Speaker 1: But well, here here's the thing. Let me set you up for this, Jeff, because I have had on people on.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: He's really good at I have had people on the show. I've had people on other shows. I've guessed I guessed it on other people's shows about how they're trying to to really nail all aspects of fantasy football from a Dynasty standpoint, the lineup submission, the blind bidding on waivers, and perhaps the most important thing, getting the picks right in your rookie draft, because if you get the picks right in your rookie draft, that allows you for a cavalcade, a deep, yawning chasm of being able to make mistakes in your other aspects of manager your Dynasty leagues. But you have to get the players right in your rookie drafts. This is something that you have told me you struggled with in twenty twenty three. Excume me in twenty twenty four you're trying to get right this year? Have you changed your approach? And I know the combines going on. We haven't seen the NFL draft yet. There's a lot that can happen. But how do you think you're going to modify? I guess is the best way to ask this. How do you think you're going to modify your approach to your rookie drafts this year as opposed to how you took them on this past year in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the question. I did okay in the first round. I really suck in the second through the seventh round. I think my hit rate was something like eight out of forty something.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me stop you right there. The first thing when you say that, the first thing I think of is God, Jeff, everybody sucks after the first round, Like the hit rate goes way down after the first round. But for you, you still desire it more. You still think you can be better. How can you be better?
Speaker 4: Well? As an example, I think Bucky Irving's RAZ score relative athletics score was something like a two point two. Well, I just said, well, he's not a good athlete. That means he has to be lower on my list of running backs.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't really catch the fact that he's about the most elusive running back and breaking tackles and everything else. Right, so three cone drill might be better. Although I don't even know if you did three cone, but I've started to hear more about three cone might be more indicative of even than raz or even for sure forty times. Right, but you look at like a tyrone Tracy. I thought, well, I don't know, I'm not sure about him. Good good RAD score. But he's an older running back, right, so maybe I don't want to prioritize him because he's a little older than the other. So I pushed Tracy a little further down. Well, guess who the two best running backs were of the twenty four class so far? Those two was my reasons to defer them, you know, further down the line. So I'm looking at that and saying, well, I mean RADS score is not completely irrelevant. I mean there's some very good players like Brian Thomas and you know, I mean, I know ad Mitchell didn't have great stats, but there's some things that say that he actually was a lot better than what Richardson's passing allowed him to. Look you know, there's other guys with high RASD scores like Grenda that did well. So I'm not dismissing it, but I'm just not going to bump someone to the bottom of the pile just because of it. And so the other thing I'm doing is watching a little more video. I've tend a people that that do that right, and then I just hear them out, well, you know what that got me only so far? Maybe I need to start doing a little bit more of the heavy lifting myself. So so obviously those are a few of the things.
Speaker 2: It's you know, in your real estate business, you refer to what's that common curb appeal? Property has curb appeal? You know, you look at it, but it looks really good. I we talk about college football. Do we have time to watch it? Do we have time to consume it? I think one of the shortcuts you can make is to try to look at a prolific college player and say, who is the NFL player that this guy reminds me of That's one of the greatest shortcuts that scouts make in trying to explain why they're connected to a player. You know, when we and we have an unusual running back this year out of a Boise State that people will talk about out reminds them of Marshawn Lynch and they will actually throw in Barry Sanders sometimes guys with great contact ballance, which is my favorite thing to look at in a running bik you know it. I think you the thing that should be scary to everyone else that's in the dynasty world and your divisions is you is you're just going to continually, uh get better and uh so you you say you've hit on the number one very very well, and so the you know, the I get it's kind of a couple of my uh disappointing teams have very high draft picks. So I get a number of offers to acquire my number one draft picks, and it's oftentimes from the league winner. You know, he wants to give me a variety of things to get that number one draft pick. So you want a lot of leagues. How often are you going out to aggressively try to acquire that number one draft pick and go pick you up running back from Boise Stay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say in a few years i've been doing Dynasty, I haven't really made much of an effort to go after one oh one because the cost was very prohibitive. I'm making exception to that this year because I think Genti is worth it. So let me let me tell you a trade I just made. And I think you may say overpaid, but I'm I'm comfortable with it. Okay. So I traded one point six and the twenty twenty six second for one oh one. Actually, let me get it, let me get one more player in there. I traded the one oh six that the Benson and Tyreek Hill. That's what I traded for one oh one and a twenty twenty six second.
Speaker 1: I listen, I'm totally on board with that. So so here's the thing we and this is a guy who is a scorned, spurned guy when it comes to Trey Benson in twenty twenty four because I drafted him based on, Hey, James Connor's not gonna stay healthy. There's a very very real possibility that Connor stays healthy again for the majority of the season and even if he doesn't, we don't know how good Trey Benson's gonna be. Tyreek Hill has his best football behind him correct, and he could still be very good. But I think as I as I look towards drafting teams or whatever, I feel like Mike McDaniel is trying to keep Tua Tongue Bailloa upright. And that means more John Hu Smith, it means more Devon ah Chan, and it means less Tyreek Hill, who had surgery not only on his knee last year, as we found out when he was being arrested by Miami police, but we found out his wrist he had surgery on as well. So and and again best football behind him. Ashton Genty, I have related. I have gone to the extremes. Not the extremes, but I've gone to the avenue of when I ask people on my shows about Ashton Genty, it's not hey, how is this guy good? How is this sky gonna matter? I have I and this is maybe overestimating how good he's going to be. But my questions Jeff on Ashton Genty is hey, how is this guy going to be a bust? If I tell you that this guy does not live up to his draft capital in Dynasty or in redraft. Why is that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: So, I'm looking for reasons that Ashton genty is going to be a bust, and based on what people are saying in the FFPC, I'm looking at the Big Gorilla Tournament right now as far as where his ADP is. He's being drafted as a rookie as running back seven at the two h six. He is going ahead of Bucky Irving, Jonathan Taylor, Brites Hall, Josh Jacobs. He's going ahead of all these guys. He is right in the same plane of Devon ah Chan, Derrick Henry and oh yeah, last year's number one overall pick, and Christian McCaffrey. So I think with gent again, you don't want to get too hyperbolic with the with these picks in Dynasty, but my god, this guy might be an exception this year. That's how I'm reading it, and it seems like that's how you're reading it as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I had one other one oh one. So with the number of teams I have, I at least want to have multiple, you know, two, three, four, So I felt like, you know, if I in my mind, I at least paid fair value, maybe slightly above that. I'm okay with that. That's what it took because I think Benson is a question. I certainly feel like everything you said about Tyrek Hills true. I mean, John Smith is someone I would be very interested in, definitely more so than Tyree. And that's actually one of the guys. I don't know if you guys want to go to that, but real quick, I'll just say one of my big misses in the rookie draft. I didn't even consider the veterans.
Speaker 2: I really didn't.
Speaker 4: Mayfield was available, not in every league, but across my leagues there was Mayfield examples. There was Tyler Kraft or Tucker Raft. There were examples of John Ubing available and.
Speaker 2: Zach Ertz was available everywhere. Who's that zach.
Speaker 4: Ertz was Urtz exactly. I mean, so these are guys that I didn't even give consideration to. So as far as like what I'm going to do different this year, certainly around round four on, I want those guys in my consideration mix. And I still looking for upside But you know what, John new Smith and ERTs were upsideed. They don't have to be young to be upside.
Speaker 1: Right, Ferrel. I know you want to ask the last question. Before we do that, I want to get to some YouTube questions that have popped up for Jeff right now, Tom Tom on YouTube? Are our good buddy, Tom Smith? Do the so called in quotes bad trade offers you Dynasty players get ever get annoying? And I guess like I can just speak to my own truth on this, Jeff, Yeah, they do get annoyed. Do I respond to everyone as much as I can because I don't want to alienate any offers?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: But yes, after a while, they do get frustrating, and maybe that's on me for the endowment effect overrating my players, uh you know, in comparison to how the rest of the league rates them. But I still respond. I still want to keep a rapport. I don't want to tick off any of the owners in my league because I never know when I'm gonna I'm gonna seal the deal on a on a trade that really helps me out.
Speaker 2: When I get those offers, I mean, would you be ticked off if I were to respond reject it and respond how close do you live to the dispensary? You know?
Speaker 1: But okay, let let me bring this up. Let me, let me bring this up. And he may be watching tonight, I don't know. But I went out and I offered before the start of the twenty twenty four season, I offered Alvin Kamara up and all the Dynasty leagues I had, and I was trying to get a first round pick. Now for anybody who had the one oh one, the one O two, the one O three, whatever, I wasn't offering him to that, but for people who had a mid first round, a late first round, Yeah, that was where I was going to start the bidding. And one guy rejected me, and he just said, like his response was l O L L O l O L, which is fine, which is fine, Yeah, Jeff, I would actually prefer response like that then no response at all. How do you feel about these these Dynasty trades when you get the bad ones in or perhaps you know, like how you react when somebody sends you a rejection and they obviously don't value your players in the same way you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely almost always will say thanks for the offer, no matter what the offer, because I feel like there's no downside to that. It shows some respect, it shows some appreciation that someone took the time to even reach out. Generally, if it's a bad offer, I'm not going to call that out unless they just keep doing it. At some point I might say, you know, we're not close. This players not of interest or whatever. I'm not looking to let this player go, whatever it may be. But I'm a big believer in, you know, putting comments in and then thanking people that put commings in. So like, sometimes I'll respond to I'm not going to take your offer. Here's what I'm thinking, and I'll get back. I might just chat them because maybe I'm not going to counter the offer, but I might just sit a chat and say, you know, your comments are very appreciated, and I understand your position and all the best, you know, something like that, just to let them know that I may not be willing to do what they want to do, but I appreciate the direction and the clarity of what it would take.
Speaker 2: I like that, you know, And if you ever come to Kentucky to play Jeff, we'll have the Mister Congeniality Trophy waiting for you. You'll be able to warn that to you upon But there's something to be said about that, and I appreciate that, and I think what Tom might be saying, is that sometimes you get such a lopsided offers that you say, well, did I miss this in the news? I gotta go check. Maybe this guy fell off a mountain today or you know, maybe you know, you know, that might be the aspect. Okay, boy, we gave more emails. What about emails?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No emails, No emails, don't the only thing the only thing I'll bring up and Toyo.
Speaker 2: Is is a really good question.
Speaker 1: So Toyo and I'm not sure if this is Zach Toyo are our champion of the Playoff Challenge in twenty twenty three, twenty twenty four and the Best Ball Tournament as well. But he says he is a Travion Henderson bull Okay, landing spot, Let's take that out of the equation here, Where do you have Travion Henderson relative to Omarion Hampton from North Carolina Caleb Johnson from Iowa? How much have you and and maybe you haven't invested a whole lot of thought into these guys, which is totally fine because we're still in the final day of February, like we got a ways to go before these guys are on NFL teams. Where do you land on Toyo's question.
Speaker 4: Here, Well, part of my you know, improving my processes, I am starting to look sooner and I have been watching in reading up and such, and I'm a huge Travion fan, so I really I go back and forth between Travion Andrian Hampton in terms of two and three. But they're clear. They're my clear two and three to me. Uh, you know the you know there's a delta between JENTI and then of course these two. But to me, these two are the clear next two. But I don't know if you guys have seen you probably have, but if you've seen any of his past protection, Travion Henderson's past blocking, he has some I don't know, if you guys remember the MJD blowing up Sean Merriman years ago, he literally knocked him off his feet. Travion Henderson has some of that. So people look at Trevion and he's probably let's call him maybe the second or third lightest running back in the top ten. Uh, but he's a three down back. I mean, this guy can pass protect and an explosive. There's no question about past pass receiving, no question if you can block and pass, protect and catch, and you're explosive. I'll take that. So I'm I don't know which of those two i'd go with right now, but if they're two and three and it's not really close to four and five for.
Speaker 2: Me, I think you gave us a little tease on this and your your thought process so we can't use tyree kill. But give me a player that that you're really you're ready to get this player off your roster. Still may you may still have some trail on the tire, but he's not who you want on your dynasty roster. And then give us one that you'll be trying to acquire either through trade, through draft, or just through through blind luck.
Speaker 4: I'm done with Deebo Samuel. I mean, if he can't succeed, if he's asking out of San Francisco, which would be the best place for him to be successful, and he didn't have a very good year last year, I don't see it getting any better. But as far as a guy, I would like to pick up Ben Sennate. I think it's interesting if people don't remember Ben Sennate had the sixth fastest three come time of any position last year. He's an athlete. He's also caught that pass that was the fake punt in the in the playoff game against Philadelphia. They trust him, I mean, Earth's has been healthy and he's earned the right to be the first guy. But let's remember two years before he was leading the way over in Arizona, got hurt and then you know, Trey McBride came in and never looked back. Right. So, I don't know if it's is even coming back to Washington this year. He's a free agent. I think they'd like to have him back. I think he probably wants you know, ten plus million dollars, and they may or may not be willing to spend that. They do have the CAF space to do it. But if he comes back and gets hurt, Sin's gonna take that job and run away with it. If he doesn't come back, Sin's going to take that job and run away with it. At some point, Sin, it's going to be somebody you want on your team, and now you know now's the time to get him. You might get him for a third right now, maybe a late second. I don't know, but I want him everywhere I can get him, and I'll take him on every team. If I can get him on thirty teams, I'll have on all thirty.
Speaker 2: I like that, I like that I have a similar and he's not the kind of athlete, but I love him as a time in. And that's that's the the backup tight end with the Raiders. Meyer who's now entering into some trade talks or some new landing spot talks, and it just yeah, there's a lot. Don't give up on your guys that let you down a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Sentinal only had five catches, but I'm still a believer.
Speaker 2: Well, when we talked him up strong too, we did.
Speaker 1: We did, absolutely, Jeff, let me throw this at you. As far as as long as we're talking about backup tight ends, Evan Ingram could be cut in Jacksonville, and if the Jaguars don't address that position in the draft, you would think Brenton Strange would be the starter. There, a guy who has achieved some pretty good weeks when Evan Ingram was out last year. Knowing the short benches in FFPC dynast leagues and knowing that every spot is at a premium, how do you fall in on Brenton Strange As far as leagues that you don't have them on in acquire or leagues that you do have him on, and whether he makes the cut when you have to cut down in the FFPC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the that's the issue getting the sixteen by March thirty. First. I don't think I could keep him on a roster, most likely given the you know, the players I have on my teams. But he'd be the kind of guy around four or five sixty seven in the in the rookie draft that i'd like to see. If he's out there, I'd probably want to grab him back on some teams. I picked him up last year and there were a couple of weeks he was really good, and then right when I started to believe, he just went dark. I mean there were games where he didn't have a catch. I mean so I kind of had a mixed bag experience with him this year. But if I'm not mistake, he wasn't he a second round pick.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look that up right now. I think he was Day two. I don't know if he was second round.
Speaker 4: But he's in a pretty high draft choice. And you know, I don't know a lot about the guy, but I remember when he what do he have a ten or twelve catch game and really got my attention.
Speaker 1: I was wrong he was a second round pick. He was the sixty first pick of the twenty twenty three NFL draft out of Believe it or Not Penn State, which is because right on you Yes, basically, yeah.
Speaker 4: Now that's that. I think he's definitely someone I want to grab some shares for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, I would love to go another hour. Pharaoh would love to go another hour. We just don't have the time. And my wife is calling me right now because I got a daughter having a sleepover right now, and I guarantee it's like, hey, why are you not off the air yet? You need to put it. Here's the thing, Jeff, this was awesome tonight. You have been a guy who has not only achieved a dozen plus championships in the FFPC, but a lot of them in the Dynasty standpoint. If anybody wanted to pick your brain, are you on Twitter X? Are you like, is there is there any waiter for people to reach you?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm not very active on it, but I'd be happy to engage anyone that would want to reach out. I'm at Jeff Newton fourteen on.
Speaker 1: X Okay, Jeff Newton fourteen, I'm gonna post that here. We're gonna I'm gonna make sure that we're that we're following you, and make sure that anybody who has a dynasty fantasy football or just a general fantasy football question they could reach out and ask you as well be.
Speaker 4: Happy to help. I just love the engagement and that's what makes it great. So if I can be of help, I'd be happy to do it for sure.
Speaker 1: Jeff, I wish you nothing but best of luck in twenty twenty five. Enjoy those rookie drafts. I know if you you have adjusted how you're handling them this coming year, so I wish you nothing but the best of luck in doing that in twenty twenty five. And don't be a stranger. Hopefully we'll get to do another show with you again very very soon. This was so much fun tonight, Ferrell. Wouldn't you agree? This was awesome?
Speaker 2: Man? I'll tell you what. That's what you get out of You know, Saint Louis needs a football team because you got in Saint Louis like Jeff Newton, and.
Speaker 1: Not just the battle Hawks.
Speaker 3: We need.
Speaker 4: You. We support the battle Hawks.
Speaker 2: Well, you get a battle Hawks game.
Speaker 4: Jeff, I have not, but I would love to get into it. But I will say I was a big I really enjoyed the greatest show on turfdays. I wish, I wish we had a good experience for a bit of time there.
Speaker 2: I sweet it was. You got good. You got good football people in uh in Saint Louis still and but none better than Jeff. Dude. You're you're, You're a wonderful addition to the PC.
Speaker 1: The twenty three time f f PC League champion Jeff Newton joining us tonight. Jeff, thank you so much. Enjoy your weekend, dude. We'll talk again soon.
Speaker 4: Guys. It's been a pleasure. Thanks so much. See guys.
Speaker 1: That is Jeff Newton, Ladies and gentlemen joining the show tonight.
Speaker 2: Farrell.
Speaker 1: We I know we started late tonight, but we have gone way over it because Jeff was so awesome.
Speaker 2: You know, in Bulky, I'm like, I'm like a walking, you know, zombie right now, sitting here and and and you know, I got a feeling that he's up every morning at four am, get prepared for fantasy, forget some things organized. You know, that's that's kind of guy. You're competing with.
Speaker 1: What time did you get back from the combine today?
Speaker 2: Oh? I got I got home right a little bit after sundown. I was up on my feet working by six a m. And and uh our our our nfl P A meeting concluded at five pm, and a guy asked me, what time are you leaving? I said five oh one, and I I got you know, I got out of town like it was, you know, like like a tornado was coming. Baby.
Speaker 1: One of the local grocery shore stores here in the Fox Valley in northeast Wisconsin, where I lived, has started carrying the Saint elmo Is cocktail sauce.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't want it. It's todemn, you know, unless you're all stuffed up, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the thing. It did clear my sinuses, but I did get it. And I said, you know what, I'm not in India this week, but I'm gonna live like all the all the media, all the players, all the team like representatives. And so I had my shrimp cocktail this week, and let me tell you, I'm good until next year.
Speaker 2: It's a tradition.
Speaker 1: It is a tradition. Thank you so much for hopping on board. Tonight. Man, we will do this again one week from today. Get some rest.
Speaker 2: It is when mister Greer says he he's managed me to uh, I'm gonna go I'm gonna go watch some I'm gonna go watch some combine.
Speaker 1: It's what you do. It's what you do. So don't get some rest, turn out some work. You'll you'll rest when you're dead. That that is what I always say. That is what you believe. Thank you so much, my friend. We'll talk with you next Friday.
Speaker 2: Next week. Man, you got it.
Speaker 1: That is Pharrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, hanging out on the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour tonight. Wow, what a show. We uh will get to your emails and tweets. Were just We're way over time tonight and I want to make sure everybody has a chance to listen to this. I want to thank Jeff Newton for coming on tonight. I want to thank Ferrell Elliott for co hosting. I want to think the FFPC, Rob Brice and of course each and every one of you. We will be back next Friday at ten pm Eastern Time with twelve time FFPC Dynasty Champion Bill rayhor is going to join us for his thoughts on not only the rookie drafts, but how he's handling his veterans and trying to prep his teams for fantasy dominance in twenty twenty five. In case you missed it, last night's high stakes Fantasy football show on the Better Sports Network presented by the FFPC was a fun one. Rodov Is Sean Siegel joined me for two full hours. Yeah, we touched on some veteran stuff, but the majority of the show was what Sean thinks about rookies, what he thinks about running backs, receivers, tight ends. Check out rodoviz dot com. The Roadoz Rookie Draft Guide is out right now. Sean has rid up rode up excuse me, well over eighty player profile profiles there and you could check that out rodaviz dot com. He gives gave us a taste last night and was really enjoyable. Again, you can watch that on any of the ffpcocials or the Better Sports Network or the BSN socials as well. Check out the Never Too Early Superflex and Never too Early Classic Bestball tournaments going on at MYFFPC dot com. Forty thousand dollars and ten thousand dollars grand prize is Grand prizes are up for grabs there. Drafts are available thirty second, sixty second, two hour, and six hour clocks right now at myffpc dot com. While you're there, pick up a Dynasty Orphan team. Many of those Dynasty Orphans have had their team entry fees lowered for twenty twenty five. They are normally between seventy seven dollars and five thousand dollars. Some of them are as low as one dollar right now my ffpc dot com. Eighteen hundred plus leagues over the last decade and a half, and none of those leagues have ever folded. Check them out my ffpc dot com. And of course, the FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament is often running caps the Gorilla. Take advantage of these early eightyp values that you can get in the Big Gorilla Million dollar Grand Prize one million dollars one million dollars to borrow Doctor Evil's line the entry feed just three hundred and fifty bucks. You can get three teams for one thousand dollars. Drafts are already running both live and slow right now at myffpc dot com. Check it out. You can get in the Early Rampage Tournament and the Big Goerilla Tournament, so it's basically two tournaments for the price of one. Myffpc dot com has the details and find out how you can win a Safari a Jungle Safari for four if you get that seven pick in the Big Gorilla five times in a row. Myffpc dot com for the details. There that is where to go. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comments on the video, share with your friends, share it with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live. Brand new Rotavus High Stakes Lowdown coming up at ten pm this coming Tuesday. That is the next time this channel goes live. Thank you so much for watching. Enjoy the NFL combine a lot of stuff down pack with the quarterbacks, running backs, receivers and tight ends over the next forty eight hours. For Parrell Elliott. I'm Eric Balkman. This has been the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour on the FFPC YouTube and social channels. Your weekend officially starts now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the Hot Stakes Fantasy Football Hour presented by my ffpc dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Bulky and Pharrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: Thanks for watching, everybody. Just want to remind you too that not that the we're necessarily in the thick up drafting season, but two separate never too early tournaments and the big Gorilla going on right now as well as all those Dynasty orphans. Theogremmager from Player Profiler pointed this out, we're in peak Dynasty season. I don't know if we're in peak Dynasty season right now, but it's very very close if we're not. If you do have the inkling and want to dip your toes in the Dynasty, I think you heard a great message from Jeff Newton tonight about how he dipped his toes in and has been very successful at it. And success is great whatever, But I think the biggest thing for me and the way I've always played my fantasy leagues for Dynasty, just have fun with it. This is a great way to have fun with Dynasty fantasy football here in late February early March. Try it out. And if you've already tried it out and it's not for you, I totally get it. But if you've never tried it out, you don't know if it's for you or not. It might just be for you. Pick up a Dynasty orphan team for as little as one dollar over at my dot com and you can come on the show and tell me how awesome it was later on. Thanks so much for watching. Enjoy the combine. We'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 2: Be good, everybody,