Speaker 1: Welcome to off the bench. Everybody.
Speaker 2: We've done a ad hoc one at the moment. This morning, I saw George kicking some stones, grumbling, and I'm thinking, what happened? What's happening here, George? He sounded like he had a lot of things on his mind. Though it might not only get you lost again, sorry to get lost, but we thought, you know, let's doing off the bench so we can get everything off his chest, because it's definitely rugby le related.
Speaker 1: You know. It's George, George, welcome to off the bench. Hell has things good? Mate? It's behind a microphone. I was sick the last two times, so it's strange. I was kicking stones in your garden because I just didn't know what to do. He's just walking around. Animalyss.
Speaker 2: You look lost, mate, you look agitated, you look lost, you look you look frustrated. I wanted to see off the bench and I was trying and to relieve some of that stress. Let everyone know what was going wrong. It's rugby related. I feel it home now I'm behind the mic again.
Speaker 1: That's it. I love it. I love it, I love it. I want to Actually the truth was that our wives went shopping and they suck us in front of the television. They gave us a paddle to shut up, and and I was kicking stones during during the day and night is uh his backyard. So he suggested we're talking. So he goes, well, you know what all that thought, and he happened his laptop and here we are. Yeah, yeah, we go, if we go, if we go, if we go.
Speaker 2: So let's talk some good news maybe. So the origin, we had the origin go on for the women's game. We went to talk men's origin. That's for the b Tanua and Nick to join us for.
Speaker 1: The main week, the main crew, the main crew.
Speaker 2: But we've got the women's origin that finished last week. I know you want to talk a little bit about that. To under the Blues game one thirty two twelve went to the Blues game two twenty six to six. So wrapped up after game two and then they had a final game which Coinsland managed to win to make it a two to one series to the Blue. Any thoughts on that, mate?
Speaker 1: Tell us? You know what, I watched the second game if you remember, it was at the s CG sorry the SFS and it was really raining. It was really, really really Now I didn't take my notes, so maybe you can remember. We we built a stadium, uh, a beautiful big stadium, you know, not only for the roosters, for everybody. You know what. We decided not to put a roof on. That's okay, that's okay, not a problem. Don't put a roof on. But you know what I expect if you're you're if you're spending eight hundred million dollars, you know the ground you think it would rain? Yeah, sure, you think you'd You know when you go and watch kids football down there at Bosley Park or actually in our old stomping ground there at pad Start. Yeah, okay, is the rain? Yeah? I get a part of here or there, but nothing like the SFCG or the SF. It's crazy. We spent eight hundred million dollars. Think about, Hey, we get the roof. We should have had a roof where probably the only country in the world whose sports crazy without a stadium without a roof. But let's let's let's put okay, we want sun. We we love our son. You know, it doesn't rain ever in city, doesn't never know make a drain. We go to Vegas, right and the ground and the ground apparently goes out, slides out the sun and it comes back in because it's got a roof and there's the sun. But in this country, we can't get the ground when we have some showers or thunderstorms or heavy rain for at the drain. It's crazy, it's crazy. And you know what, I bet your colgra if it rains, I bet your drains. It's it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's for the last country to get anything, you know. You know sometimes you know that there's families where everyone's got a video player and no one gets into right then it's like all the countries are getting all these stadiums with roofs on it, but we're still waiting until you know, we're the last ones to finally get a stadium.
Speaker 1: With a roof on it. Of course, it's crazy, you know. You know, I thought they did have a roof that that didn't They didn't ever didn't never. You know what the issue is this that we say, oh, the government or the stadium, it's our money. It's our taxes. You know that thirty percent or thirty five percent you pay, or or the gis so you pay, or every time you sell a property the capital gains. It's our money. Are they it's our money that, make no mistake, the money that they flash around. And you know they want Brownie points, not theirs. It's not theirs but the But besides that, you know, it'll be nice to have a stay in the you know drains. True, absolutely, it'll be nice the poor girls and roosterless. Yeah, they did it in third or conditions basically, well, if you think about it, if you think about it, it's remember when the eighties and when when they used to play used to be martely. You know that Paramatta team. I remember a lot of Canary, big Canary games. They were playing the mud Paramotter stating was was was a mardy you know, I mean no grass at all. Well, not too far away from that, too far away on the origin, all the origins. I used to watch the w because I thought it was like fresh start, a clean game, you know, no wrestling. I guess what's happened. Unfortunately, the bad habits are creeping in. All the bad habits are creeping in. They're all creeping in. And there's even worse for first of all, starting to wrestle and and I can wear that because it's part of the game. Unfortunately, what the girls are doing now. They're lying down, they're looking for penalties. They're holding the back of their necks like like all their men, or you know, they're looking at the referees trying to milk milk a penalty. I don't I don't blame the girls, nor do I blame the guys. I blame NRL. Yeah, I blame it's you know, they they manufactured this situation. You know, once upon a time, we used to laugh about it. I used to laugh about soccer. I had this thing about watching soccer, and I used to see somebody get clipped. If get clipped and they're rolling around like ten times, you know what I mean, and he's looking at the referee and he's putting his hands up, or he looks like he's you know, the ambulance come out and look at it. Look, you know, I have a think the guy just bumped into it. Nothing happened. I used to laugh at that. I can't laugh at that anymore. Honestly, I feel embarrassed. There is a way to stop that.
Speaker 2: As soon as they hold the neck and they get the penalty, then that player should just come off, or at least they did that in soccer now they make him come off really and then they bring it back on shortly afterwards, so at least that when there's a stop, eachain player they bring it back on. So if they want to hold their neck, they've got to be prepared to come off the field as well immediately. And that's I think the only way they're going to stop it. I love will they do it, We'll see. It's an aural you know.
Speaker 1: You know what I understand. I understand what they're trying to do. Yeah, they're trying to win a penalty for their team, any advantage. I'm talking about. Nurla and all are trying to protect players, and with that, they're trying to protect themselves because in ten years, when there's going to be a class action, someone's going to get hurt. Someone they're going to they're going to say that, you know what, we've done everything everything we can to protect you. That's good and well. But along the way, what they're actually doing is changing the fabric of the game. Money. Yeah, now has the game changed since the early days, of course it okay, But there's some things which is a foundation of this game, and that's toughness, hardness, hard running, hard tackling. That's made us fall in love of the game. That's fall in love of the game. It's an emotional game. See, this is what people don't understand. We watch rugby league because we want to steer emotions in our body. And that's what they that's what rugby league players well, that's their well it's not their job, but effectively that's what they do. But what they're what NRL is doing is taking that away, which is changing the fabric of the game. So if it looks if it looks dangerous, we must be a yeah, he must it must be dangerous if it looks like it's a hard tackle and his rock back, his head went back and whiplashed. Whatever, Well, it's it's got to be it's got to be dangerous. That will penalize and we give him ten minutes. That's right, they will. It's it's it's crazy. It's like the origin, which I don't want to go into, but the bomb and uh taha when he got sent off for ten minutes, what's you supposed to do? You jumped up for the ball? Yeah, the guy, The guy's much a foot and a half taller than him. I forget the winger now he's a foot and a half tall in him and he had momentum. Yeah, well yeah he grabbed onto him. Oh yeah, you know, sending for ten minutes. It's crazy. But what I'm trying to get to so before you go on, is slowly but surely they're changing the game. They're changing the fabric of the game. So in ten years, what are we going to be playing tag? I'm not I don't know where they wanted to take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thing is, George, when you were playing rugby league, every player knows there is a risk involved, whether they could get injured. Like, it's not a sport where it's impossible never to get injured. You're signing up for something to play dangerous. Okay, that's very physical. So there's got to be waivers in there somewhere to say no litigation issues if there is a tackle that's gone wrong or something, so you know what I mean. They should be able to cover themselves that way.
Speaker 1: Please. But yeah, it's just great.
Speaker 2: It's not boxing, Like are you saying Box was going to go into a fight and thinking he's not going to get hurt, Like, of course he's going to get hurt because he's going to get punched. Well, rugby, they're going to get tackled, so you're signed up for it. You're getting paid good dollars for it. Honestly, when you think about it, some guys are getting paid great dollars, very good. You know, it's you can't. I don't know, it's just becoming a joke. I think, like you said, some players are falling and the guys have to the anneral expects of guys to adjust his arm within that split second, not to get him high. Like it's some of them are just pure accidents, and you're going to start looking at that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, ones like when players are falling, yes, okay, and you're forum clips there. I don't know, maybe they're their head clips their head. But where his head was was close to your knees exactly. So he's falling and you've sort of put your hand out and you touch him and it's a high.
Speaker 2: Tackle, and that's the bunker's fault, sorry, because the bunker needs to see where the player's arm was before the guy was falling and where it is when he hits him, and if he sees that, he's adjusted it to hit the guy in the head intentionally then you know straight away. But if you see the guy's arm hasn't changed motion and the guy's head's fallen like how many centimeters and got him, then then it's clearly an accident and no action should be.
Speaker 1: It drives me crazy and as a rugby lely tragic like myself, I just I just think, I just think, where's this game going to be in ten years? Where is it going? Like? It's sometimes it's hard to watch now. Sometimes it's hard to watch now. Seriously, it's not the game that I know. And and Nick goes on about the toughness and and don't get me wrong, I don't think you know, throwing punches is you know, to be tough, but we want it to be a little bit more visual and emotional. It's physical, it's physical, but there's things that've taken away which takes that that emational part away from it, you know what I mean. I could be wrong. Maybe kids now growing up and expecting it, but I can't. I can't buy it now.
Speaker 2: Last weekend I said the Warriors New Camber game would have been one of the best games for you. Yeah, now that's the typic game that you like because of the physic physicality, and Ricky stewartt came out after it and said something to the words of they're trying to take the physicality out of it because with all these fouls and stuff like he wasn't happy about that. You know what I mean, you have to expect this, Like I was trying to defend the game how it is and they can't change it. So that's what you want to You want to see games like that bad against Camber.
Speaker 1: That was just a brutal game that that that game threw me back to the eighties. One team trying to drag the other team in the into the gutter, and the other team bought it and they went into the gutter and they just stayed into the gutter and they forgot about the rugular league game and they'll throw rocks at each other. But what it actually does as as a spectator on at the ground or behind your television, it affects you emotionally. And that's what rugby league is about. I don't care what you're telling me. It doesn't worry me. Why why does origin work? Because it's emotional. We want something more than you know, I mean to win more than the other team. But you're taking that emotion away when when when you're when you're saying or what they're saying, Well, they're trying to portray the game as so. But that game was that was a pretty good That was a pretty special special game. That one I couldn't I couldn't believe it I was watching it. Actually, Yeah, that was so good.
Speaker 2: Just just quickly back to the girls origin who stood out for you in that series? Which any particular girls that you like.
Speaker 1: The third, the third or three out of all three? You know when your South I was, We're far dominant in all the two games and parts of the three games. They probably weren't as prepared in the third one as as Queensland and Queensland done. Queensland what Queensland does. There's a little fullback Abby Church. She I think she got pretty close to Man of the Match in the first game. She's she's this little girl with lots of heart and lots of pace and she just rocks. She's dangerous as I come went to see her for Paramatta of course, the Deli and winner of last year Kernigan. She's so good, she's so good, she got I think she got Mad of the match the first game, maybe maybe the second game as well, you know what, as as as as they changed the position she I think she plays in the second round. I think they put a lot on the edge. It's really funny. She's the best second round in the game. She's the best edge runner in the game as well. She rock. Look, Queensland won the second the third game, which made it respectable to one, and they've got something to build on. But I think they might have a little bit of work to be done for next year because your so I was with their power power running and their power play were far better. And the third one for a second, well, Kelly Isabelle Kelly. She scored a try. She she she went over, but she didn't ground the ball. Her arm grounded the ball. Yeah, I don't, don't start me. Oh wow. So imagine she scored the Troy she went over, she she she her arm ground the ball. She got up. You know, the try was awarded. The review went on and go to the board, in't touch the ground and go what when was that? I think? Wow, So if that try was allowed, you I was would have won. But you know what, uh, Queenslander, Queenslanders have got this. I'm not sure if she's a young girl, but definitely a young woman there. Uh, what's her name again? Forget now? She's a front roller. I think she's her backgrounds Italian. I just got a blank. She's she's a machine, you know, the hit man. She's she's the hit woman. She's from which team? She's a Bronco. She started, she didn't play the first game. In the second game, I think she came off. She was in the background. She she's a front roller. Yeah, she's probably on the I've got Mackenzie will Destiny, Real, Jessica Elliston, Sienna Lafito. Who's on the bench, Chelsea, Then that's the one. She's a lock. She's a lock. Yeah, okay, okay, well whatever she is. She's a wrecking mission. She's a sam Burger's sam burg She came on, really, she came on for for ten to fifteen minutes. Absolutely crushed the middle. She had the rest. She came on, absolutely crushed the middle. She scored the winning try. She rocks at I'm trying to see where she plays, who she plays for. She's a broncast Water, she's a place. She plays for the Broncos. Grew up, grew up South Coast. I believe anyway, she's the Broncos Broncos player. What about the officiating in the game, I thought it was my favorite. Okay, I'm going to say it. I've said it before on the main program. I'm going to say it again. Belinda Sharp is not up to reffin. I'm not going to start baking the league. She's not up to refin Origin games and she definitely one hundred not up for refin NRL. Now, if NRL wants to feel that like they're doing the right thing and they're inclusive, good and wellastic, but what happened to the best person for the job? I can guarantee you Ardie, blind the Sharp is not the best person for the job. I'm not going to talk about her other mate. What's her name? What's the other casey Badger? She she struggles in the box. She really struggles in the box. And when I see her on the sideline with the flag, as Nick says, fansy flag, I get chills up my bag. She's she doesn't ref games anymore because she's not up to it. But blind Blinda Clark is it? Blind Blind the Sharp? I don't know why they persist I don't know what every time she does an n Oro game, Okay, I fear she know. She's had eight challenges and six were six were against her against her, So that's pretty damning. That's pretty damning. And you can call me sexist. I don't care what people want to call me. But it's therefore to see you go and have a look at the go and look at her game. And if you think that she's reffing out a high clip, high standard name, I'm wrong. I'm wrong, but I can guarantee you I'm not wrong. She's just not up to it. She's not up to it. Can we talk about ratings?
Speaker 2: Can we talk about the Yeah, well look that's my next point. Actually, look, Origin got four point ratings. Yeah yeah, Origin got four point nine million viewers for the men's one and for the women's we've got over just over a million, which is the highest viewed game behind the first Origin game. Is but what's your what's your thoughts about the standard of of of the rugby league that we're watching and the actual the channel line coverage.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go, let's go first. The let's go first. The ratings look was expected in the Origin game Yeah, it will be the highest watched television show because that's what Channel nine looks at masyas. I don't know the boot maps, so it's the it's the highest rating television show of the year. And and when you look at all the three games, they will be the highest rating games. I find it amazing that NRL W can get a million viewers per game. I find that amazing. And it's time. Now, it's time, as I as I got that T shirt. If you remember, I have to pay the girls. Yeah, it's time to pay the girls. And let let me let me, let me. Let me tell you. A young NRL player goes to training, goes home and goes in from behind. Ay and and and and I'm Sarah. I've been a stereotypical person. Now I'm talking about the youngsters. They go, they came from the television and pull out there their control for the for the PlayStation. Eight out of ten, yeah, eight out of ten. Some are fathers, you know, I mean, some are some husband but in general they really haven't got too much too much doing after training. That's their job now, girls, because they don't get paid, they have to go to work. They train after work. Okay, half of them are married with children, so they've got house choices to do as well. But they're expected to give us on the weekend a high standard rugby league performance. It's entertaining, it's entertaining. Yeah, yeah, okay, Well I suggest that the results are in the game is getting better as we speak. They say that rugby league is growing crazy. Well, guess what. Take the women's numbers out of it. We'll see how much rugby league's growing. They say, rgule leg's growing. Yeah, that's what Verlandis tells us. The feather says that the game is growing. Where we're doing this, we're doing that. Take the women's numbers out, we'll see how much it's growing. It's time to play the girls. Time to make him a fully professional Okay, if you want to move it the summer to give him clean air. Look, I'm not going to say no. I don't know how that's going to work. I don't know how youre gonna play rougy league in summer. But at night at night, hey, I would I would move move Move there, move there there two rounds in the summer period. Given their clear origin origin time, what's the what's the bed I'll build up to something really good and and and they'll pay you know what, when he goes in two years, when he goes to the broadcasters, be Channel nine, be It, Fox, Bead, Amazon, Optus, whoever. And he's got he's got Men's Origin, Women's Origin, the semifinal series and the proper comp of both of them split split up. Imagine how much he can he can earn. Because that's what that's what everybody talks about. Money, money, money, money. I've never heard anything the land talks money. Every club says about money. You know what I mean, money, money, money. Well, if you want money, Pete, Look, I got no idea about your job. You're doing a great job, apparently, you know what I mean. I can see it on the field, you know, if they touch your head. Yeah, anyway, Well there you go, pet How about that? But it's okay, we spend how many million to go to Vegas, which nothing's going to come from. Yeah, exactly, fifteen twenty million to go to Vegas, which again, it's great, it's fantastic. I'm a big supporter. It's a great way to start the competition. But let's get real to think that we're making inroads into America. We are. You know, it's very fantasy. We're fools if we believe that that's not happening. That's not happening. That's my opinion. I don't know. I could be wrong. Please if you think it's different, enlightened me. What was the next question? The coverage.
Speaker 2: Of of Channel line mate, I'm a Fox watcher. Yeah, I love the commentary better on Fox. I can't listen to any any broadcast that as a general manager of a club, part of part of Yeah, to show there's something wrong going on there.
Speaker 1: But anyway, we'll talk about that in the minute. But coverage specifically about the Origin because I don't watch it. I don't watch it during the year, like in around ten, you know, normal rugby league, so I wouldn't know what it's what it's like. Sometimes we got a dad's home and then he's got he's got it on the background, but we don't have the coverage, like we don't have the sound on. We watched it, We watch it and we talk probably better. Yeah, Look, they pay Channel nine pay a lot of money basically to have have Origin. I mean not that he doesn't rate the Sunday games in the front right, but at the end of the day, they give all that money for origin. That's what is the big money spinner, mate, They can do a bit better than the commentary they've got. It's appalling, it's it's it's it's it's disgraceful. And I watch a lot of American sports, and if you want to see how commentary should be done or how courage should be held, have a look at some basketball games. I don't watch NFL, so I can't tell you there even even the hockey that's going on. Now, have a look look how they run their broadcast. And you told me that channel are doing a good job, because when when you got when you got h uh uh, what's which one? All the commentators there to get good for a second? But John's all of them Fidler, John Karon Smith Smith first. Then I mean exceptional places one thing, Yeah, exceptional play most of them what most of what we mentioned that mas of them will be immortals. But I don't mind being biased, but they've taken bias to this, Yeah that's this, to this, to this world of non coming back. Uh, it's it's disgraceful. It's really difficult. I turned I turned the volume down when I was watching Origin. I turned it down. I turned it down like jazz here a muffle so I can just hit like like you know, crowd, crowd noise more than them because it was hard to listen. And you know what, especially like your Darren, you're you're you, you were an exceptional rugby league player. You were I really enjoyed watching you play. But my friend, when it comes to when it comes to analyzing rugby league games, guess what, my my my son, who despises all sports, knows that one plus one is to do you understand what I'm saying. He understands what one plus one is two. Okay, if you, especially Origin, if you want to give us some if you want to talk and analytical or something that will inform us or interest us or excite me instead of just saying very simple basic things where and I said the same thing, which is my wife, who another one hates sport and hates rugby league. She said it a couple of minutes before he said it. It must be pretty pretty, pretty high brow made. It must be you know, real, you know, real real stuff. And you know what Cameron Smith and all of them, which I know they know the game. They keep right away from anything of an lytical and they stick to promoting their their marines, which is I don't know, is if that's the if that's the way, If that's the way broadcasting its supposed to be. Well again I'm wrong. So you want to hear the more, be more analytical, breaking down games and stuff like that. A little little bit I'm not saying it. A little bit from Fitler here, a bit of that. Sometimes. Yeah, he'll say this, Brad Brad. Okay, I don't mind, Brad, Brad might be a little bit better than the others and he's not.
Speaker 2: Actually, maybe they're they're not allowed to. Maybe they don't want them to be they find it boring. Maybe they're broadcasters, so we don't want you doing too analytically.
Speaker 1: Just be fun. Do do you think that's what it is? I don't know. Maybe maybe because they're pretty smart guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. So I just sort of maybe being whole back and I just said that these guys are moortal. Yeah exactly, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't I bow to these people, but I want to be uber before I said, either I want to be entertained, I want to learn something or listen to them I'm either Yeah, I'm not entertained, nor do I learn anything, so I don't know. I'm sure there's a lot of people like me. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people understand rugby league and they treat us like we're fools. We don't know rugby league, we don't understand it. Yeah, and that's what irks me a little bit. But again, I might be on the wrong track. They do it. They get the ratings like five. I mean, people watching, So I'm wrong, They're right. I'm wrong, They're right exactly all right. Now, there's a couple of big issues now that I want to bring up. We left them to last. A big one.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the Let's start with the lighter one. What's happening with the Broncos?
Speaker 1: Mate? What's happening with the Broncos now? Is the question.
Speaker 2: They're currently playing manly at the moment, so they could be winning. Don't look at the phone. So they could be winning for all I know. But what we've seen in the last how many weeks, that's just not the Broncos. Apart from that thirty points half against the Dogs, they haven't been that impressive. What's happening.
Speaker 1: So I get asked, I get I get asked this a lot, like I know, I don't know, I don't know, but this is this is this is what I think I know because their roster, with their roster, they should be at the moment top four and and starting starting to build for a premiership push with their roster. In my in my view, when when I look at that roster, it scares me. When I see them playing, I get a giggle. I get a giggle. It goes, it goes back, it goes back for a while. Let me paint a picture. Let me paint a picture, because rugby league is not only how good your list is or how good individual player is, which plays a big part, but there's another part of it. And can it be showing that because I told you about when I was watching them play, was a camp, was a camera, yes against camera, and somebody camera made made a sixty meter break crimeon called just a meter off the line and I just glanced at the back and the line was set, The line was set, ready to move up. This is after a big break. Yeah, and they didn't score out from that set. Wow. Yeah, Okay, so that means they're all working hard and when you look at the canterbi list, you can't compare it to the broncosly. So let's let let let's let's let's go back to to Colbo. Colbo went on on on air and said something about his coach and there was no recompressions, reconcussions from that. I think the only guy who got it was the coach. He departed. He departed that year. Then we had an incident with his man. Now, I don't blame Isra Man for anything. Is Man did what he did. I don't lock what he did, but he paid his due whatever punishment he got. But this is the thing now. Now, now the the police and the courts have set a have set a bar. If you do that, this is what you get. The Broncos or sorry, the NRL, which they had a big opportunity to to make a statement, they said a bar. They said a bar. Okay. Then the Broncos club straight away when they could they got him in. They said a bar. So they told the plane group that if you're a good player, it's okay. Whatever you do, it's like you get, it's ok as long as you're a good player. As long as you're a good player. Doesn't matter what happens. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what happens. Okay. Then we then we had the incident with the power liking a post like in a post, and I saw the post, I went back to have a look at the past, thinking it was it's going to be a really bad post. No, I don't think it was a baud. He apologized straight away after it anyway, but you know, any unliked it. Whatever it was. Okay, Well he got sacked, and that's fair enough. You don't want him, you don't need him, you're not going to play him. He's a strain on the on the on the budget. We get rid of him again. I've got no issue with all these things. But what you're actually doing is subconsciously you're putting ideas and thoughts in young man's minds. That's what you're doing. Okay. Then lately we're had Reese okay again and nothing incident, nothing, You know what, every twenty two year old boy does that and more. The bad thing is he posted it. Hey, for me, it's a nothing. But guess what did did he get a talking to? That? That's all we got? Bit of a bit of a talk. Yeahs on the risk. Okay, So once again they've set a standard. Now, I said to you at the end of last year, if Madge can put character into this team in one off season, I'll be a monkey's uncle. I'll be a monkey's uncle. Well he hasn't obviously, he hasn't obviously. Now will they make the eight? They probably won't make the eight, But I'll tell you now, when there's a blow torch underneath their belly, we see what's happened. I don't have told you. I'm not making things up. We've seen it this year. Last year we saw in the Grand Final, in the Grand Final that they lost when the blooe torch was there, gone gone. Okay. So if they keep on, if if the Broncos club, if Magic keeps on accepting media okery, media mediocrity, mediocrity, mediocrity, well that's what's going to happen. If he doesn't stand up and do something like what Gusta done and and get rid of twelve to bring in twelve. Now, don't expect them to bring in twelve, but he's got to. He's got to create an atmosphere a lot of tension. They've got to be a little bit scared of him as well. They've got to they've got to want something hard. They don't want anything. They don't want it because from from when I was thirteen fourteen, they get put into a broncho system. They smash every team in front of them. They're they're great, they're fantastic, they're gods, they're gods. They get into the first grade at at Aileen nineteen into a good into a good team. They're gods. Where where do they Where do they work hard? When do they work hard? When? When? When do they have time to to create character for them? And character and it comes from hard work and people can say anything they want. It's therefore to see I'm not making this up. It's in front of us what I saw just before, it's in front of us tonight as well, you know what I mean. So, so it's a problem that they created. Now have they got? Can magic get them out this year? Yes?
Speaker 2: Hopefully it's a long season, mate, DM. Look there are only two points or whatever this I think they are in the eighth, so it's very tight. It can easily turn around. What surprises me is after we saw that game against the Bulldogs. They put thirty points on the team competition leaders. Yes, and since that game they've lost three in a row. So they've got it in them and you think they're going to kick on from there, but it's gone backwards since that game.
Speaker 1: They've got work. I saw forty minutes of perfection.
Speaker 2: It was, it was perfection, and then after that we've seen eighty minutes since of shit.
Speaker 1: Well, when when they lost against every time, when they lost against George, I did I did say to a friend that, well, they lost against a half pairing of Flannagan and Kingtonga with three NRL games and a guy who's not a first grader. So they lost against that team. Yeah, So if you think that they they played well, if they played against a Storm or a good team, they would have could have put a thirty forty on them. That's my pin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's disappointing. As a Broncos fan. You just be scratching your head, going what's happening.
Speaker 1: It's just you know, like I say we need a strong New Zealand team. I say we need a strong Paramount team and a strong Canadaby team, and I'll throw I'll throw West in as well. The Sydney. Okay, for the crowds to come in, you need s George strong and that's that's when you get the flocks. That's when you get them. We need all these teams to be in the hunt and which they are so and the Broncos you need them in there. You need the strong Broncast team. But we could, we could. We can talk about the Dolphins and they're doing okay, they're right, you know North Queensland again, they're all right, they're not bad. Gold Case have got some issues. Gold Golcos forget it. I don't know does he can't even fix that? He kind of it's a cultural thing. It's a cultural thing. And you know what, when DESI goes up and can't sort that out, it goes really deep. I don't know what you can do. Broncos are different. Broncos should be not only top four, they should be threatening. They should be we should be talking about them that they're in a window. That's my opinion. But again people think I don't like him, so I don't like them. I want to see I'll make it very very very clear. I love watching good rugby league wherever it comes from. Don't care, do you.
Speaker 2: Think that part of the problem with the Broncos is since they got rid of Wayne Bennett. Becausehen Wayn. Bennett's at the team, they perform at their peak, they don't go that bad. But since Bennett left and they kicked him out, they didn't want to kick him out. They wanted Seaball. But since then they've had Sea Ball, they've had Walters now and they've got McGuire like it's their own doing because they got rid of a super coach could control these characters and probably do something about and get better results.
Speaker 1: Well, but he wasn't good enough for him. Apparently they wanted to get rid of him. My question to you is, knowing WAYN Bennett's track record, if he had Broncos, this Broncos team right now, do you think they'll be top four pushing for a PREMI shure absolutely. So there you go. That's answers. Answer the question, yeah, answer the question. Yeah, but it looks like that burnt that bridge. I don't know whether you'd want to go back after what they did to him. It's pretty bad. Yeah, you won't go back, you know the other issue is that Madge. Madge is a really good coach for a rep team. I don't know how he's going to go. Who want to comp with Souse? Yeah, the Sam Burgers man. But still he's got he's got Carric and he's got hass Are.
Speaker 2: He's saying he can't do the same with Broncos with paying hass that he did with Soaus with Burgess. Come on, hauss is the goat. He's the greatest all time. We're not going to see anyone better than He's not human.
Speaker 1: He's not human. But I'm going to shock you now if you ask me who would I prefer Samuel? Really just because of his attitude as he's a winner, so one. It's physically gifted, just physically. Pain is just out of out of this world. It's just a natural. He doesn't hurt, he doesn't fatigue, he keeps on going, he punches the line. It's just it's just something special to watch, but with no fuss, no aggression. Sam's a wrecking ball. Sam is sam was a wrecking ball. And you know what he brings everybody with him. I'm not sure if Pain brings people emotionally with him, an emotional human being. It does his job. Don't get me wrong. Remember what I said about origin. The shot was always after our hush run, That's when the shot was on. So yeah, look he's a he's a special human being. But look again, I'm expecting them to be the broadcast, to be top four, and I'm expecting them by the end of the year to be to be pushing. Okay, I really, I really am. Look at the list and if they're not, if they don't make top eight, gee, so what would be the So you're going to have the management has to give the coach some complete leeway and he's he has to he has to cut or he can't cut twelve. Any good can do that? Well, no, you can't cut twelve. He has to cut. Yes, hell you cut well number one. Reynolds goes, well, he's not signed anyway. Okay, Reynolds goes, uh.
Speaker 2: Ben Hunt will then go to seven. They've sign him for a couple of years. Think so he could play the role next year.
Speaker 1: I'll get rid of bed Hunter. Be if you asking anyway, you cut your think you know what? You know what when you're a training you know who's who's a bit weak and not not not not weak? Or you start now and you do a serroudo when when they had that trouble with that the Pine guy whatever his name was, who took him to court. How they found weakness in all these players. You go down that road, you're absolutely given to them and whoever. Because there's there's a word in the media in Brisbane there that they're not happy with him and he's training too hard. Let's find these people and second simple sacam, Yeah, that's how you start. So this so with this, make this fire. Okay. Someone is said that there's no doubt in the corean male. They're saying that the training so Walters is too soft and this guy's too hard. So what you do is you find that one, that two, that three, that's three players. Wait do you see the way? Do you see the whole place? Change it? Yeah? Okay, we've we've we saw that. We saw that in front of us. Yeah, the Bulldogs three years ago. Every game Okay, so when we're losing by forty, I was happy. Yeah, when we'll lose listen, listen to me. When we're losing by forty, we're losing, buye much more than forty. I was happy three years ago. Only Yeah, So if if, if Sirah can turn it around in three years. I'm sure magic can. All you do is be strong. Well, look at Webster. He went to the Warriors and they were a basket case. So we're just all over the place. And look what he's done there there, all of a sudden become a great side. So that's perfect. He'd be the man him.
Speaker 2: Is what he's done is I think, more freaky than anyone, to be honest, pretty good, which it's very good.
Speaker 1: Were so many injuries and he had to reform that whole team and restructure their their their patterns of play, and so the first year it was a very very very sort of pen sort of style. Now it's not anymore.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I think what they should do is, I think Brisbane should demand pain house and Carrigan gets sacked and go to Saint George so they can learn from Yeah, make us fans happy.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right, you're right, right, Maybe.
Speaker 2: Along it's nice pain, if you want nice pain, if you want on the beach, on the beach, it's beautiful, beautiful Carrigan as well with you, there's there's some carrig Is issues there.
Speaker 1: Carrigan hasn't had a great Yeah he's and so that and and I'm a massive kind of carrigan. I don't know why. Maybe because he's put him in the middle, I don't know, but he's and in the Origin arena. He wasn't as good as I expected him to be. So yeah, very quiet one for him. But anyway, that's that's og. This is the big one now, mate, this is the one that I think Tanya and Nick wanted to hear your thoughts for last week but you couldn't make it.
Speaker 2: But let's hear it now. Galvin officially signs for the Bulldogs. Gus got his way. Now, firstly, what's your thoughts on this whole Gus gould Saga, this whole bashing he got from Chalmers, this manipulation that he's been doing all through the media to get Galvin there and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Mate, What's what's your thoughts? So I'm going to be long winded again, and I've got views, and I've got two different different views Full Good Bulldogs put them on. Yeah, everybody knows I'm a Bulldog Bulldog supporter, so that's why I've got two views. Full Gold is a despicable grub what he did and how how he he performs his business, caughting a young man for about I don't know, sixteen to eighteen months through the public is disgraceful. Now do we think that behind closed doors, other CEOs general managers are not doing it. I'm not not ove enough to know to think that things that happen like this in different clubs with different people, with different general managers. But the way this man, the way this man has done it is wrong to the highest order. And I'm surprised that he's not sacked from Channel nine. But Channel nine is more spineless than the NRL, so they're not going to sack anyone because that show gets high ratings. The what was it called rubbishared, I don't watch it well.
Speaker 2: Now everyone knows that everything he says is lies anyway, so it's going to wreck the credibility of that show.
Speaker 1: And what he actually did accept in interview from from Chambers is that he exposed himself. He did I've never seen him buckles as for the first time in my life, I saw Phil Good the big power breaker buckle because you know what Chamers was right, Okay, you know what when he asked him that haven't you spoken to to like and he said no, you know what we all know that we all know that's a lie. The coaching staff has explain you line, piece of ship. That's all I can say about you now as a Bulldog supporter, Okay, I love what he's done. Well no, well yeah you got the result. So so so what Gus gul does and has done? And what what's that piece of rubbish? What Isaac Moses does and and Ac says it. He gets the best deals for his for his clients, and Gus does the best for for for the Bulldogs. It's just the way he conducts his business. Now, I personally think he should resign from Channel nine and he can do whatever he wants all the Bulldogs. He can resign for one. But guess what, he doesn't want to lose his clip of one point three for Channel nine and one point eight for the Bulldogs. Wow, he doesn't want to lose his clip there money man? Oh yeah, come on, I mean, let's get real. You know, you know Gus coul You know he's a university graduate, he's a lawyer. That's why it's such a good speaker. They don't think he's a dummy. He's no dummy, of course not. He's no dummy. So what is effectively done for the for the Cannaby team this year is effectively derailed season. I can I can guarantee you that that that's going to happen because when you go through a preseason and you surrounded did to them what he did to them, put them through living hell and says to him that I love you, I'll die for you, I'll kill for you. But you you you can go? Okay, twelve rounds in? Yeah, trust he is gone. It will take a while to build up again. This kid better be a fucking immortal. What he's done in and around the game, He's put the game in distribute Poor Benji? Now is he right? Maybe? Do I think Benji is a good coach right dis moment? No, he's not a coach. You need five years in the Reggies and then you can start talking about being a coach. The guy two years ago became a coach, not a Reggis coach, first grade coach, so he's still learning on the job. Do I like bench? Yes? Do I think he's going to be a good coach? Yes? I do think he's so is Galvin Wright or whoever said that? Because I don't believe that Galvin went to his father or to his manager and said that Benji can't. I don't believe it does. What does Galvin know about a good coach? He's nineteen. When has he ever been coached at a high level? So he doesn't know. Now, I think the kid's been poorly advised. And I hurt for the Tigers' supporters and the Tiger's team. And you know what, I got an eighty eight or eighty six year old father who's sitting down and asking me, and what do I telling him? Asking me? Why? Why? What do I tell the guy? Yeah? I tell the guy. So I feel for them. Now, what what Gus has actually done is if you go forward three years and you have Matthew Wood at number seven, that promising youngster we've got and he looks the real deal. You got Galvin, a developing and his three years into his career and knows the system at six, and you buy and you will buy another strike fullback with what's there? You look, you're talking rings because this year, even without Galvin, you're not talking rings because we saw three games. Three games Bronco has done it to him, Camera done it to him. And then the fin's done to him. How you beat canterby not hard, I'll tell you now, not hard to be canterby their their their middle is as weak as jelly. But you just have to keep on, keep on, keep on keeping at it. You have to keep on keeping at it, and you'll get it. Okay, So what what what? What? I don't know what more to say. I think I think you should I think you should go. I think you should get sacked from Channel nine. Honestly, I think you should resign from Channel nine and and then we won't be having these conversations. Chamis exposed him, Chamus exposed him, and I don't know. I think Chambis is a fucking grub as well. Personally, I think Chamis is a grub as well. Pretty exposed or what what type of grub he really? So? So before that interview we thought maybe, no, he's a grub, disgraceful, disgraceful human being, but he gets results for his team. I don't know. I want to be fair and balanced. What's wrong is wrong, and he was wrong. He was fucking wrong. He made me sick, really honestly, in the pit of my stomach, made me sick. But on the flip side and his kid, like I said, better be a bloody and mortal. At the end of the day, he's doing the right thing for his Yeah, save me here, No, no, I want to be fair. I think it's what he's done is just it just shows a lot about his character. Yes, it does, because.
Speaker 2: What he said about Bendy's got is what's upset most of the Tigers guys like Leu and that they're all upset about that. But I can understand if Lachlan went to Paramatta because that was his junior club and apparently he was a supporter.
Speaker 1: Of Paramatta and blah blah blah, so.
Speaker 2: I could sort of underst Then he left Tigers to go back to his junior club to be there played next to Mitch Moses, who is a star all right, But he went to Canterbury because he thinks he's got more chance of winning a camp there.
Speaker 1: Now, Mitch Moses did the same thing.
Speaker 2: He left Balmain to the Tigers to go to Parramata because he thought he had more chance of winning a Grand Final. Well, he's thirty one, he doesn't won a comp yet and he's closer to retirement than Lachlan is. But he could finish his career without a crop premiership and he did the same thing Galvin did. Basically he left because Tigers weren't good enough, right t Desk. I did the same thing, but he went to Robbo. Now do you think so oldo is that good that he's going to win a camp? Like he's leading the comp in first of June after twelve rounds and he's only beaten what Sharks and this and Canberra right who were twenty miler ahead and put the qu in the rank. But apart from that, he's beaten all teams that probably won't be in the aid anyway.
Speaker 1: I said that.
Speaker 2: So for Galvern to think that, just for Galvin to think that he's going to get a Canry win a camp, he's taking a big gamble. Like if he wants to win a camp, then he appro knocks on Cleary's door and says, I want to I want to go to Penrith and I want to play next to nath Cleary. Or he knocks on Robbo's door and goes, I want to go to Roosters, I want to comp, or he goes to Bennett, or he goes to Bellamy. But Soroll you know, I don't get it, you know what, Like he had the same pools at the same pooling originally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's he going now? Is he gonna win? Are they going to win a camp? I'm not sure. I don't think so. Actually I thought this year.
Speaker 2: Well, I said the same with Canary As what sharks for three years beating the bottom sites.
Speaker 1: But I think that a young Galvin has drank Phil Gul's kool aid exactly. He sold him. He's a snake. He sold him, He sold him, sold him. Now now I don't know. I'm not going to city and tell you. What I can tell you is that I see how he's improved a rugby league team. But he's got next to him, Phil gool Yeah, no other coach, no other rugby league coach has got next to him. It's a big thing. I feel good. It is. Imagine if Saint George it is general manager, feel good and he turns your roster by twelve players. Good question. Yeah, I know it's Jeworie, But what I'm saying is you can't judge Serrada. You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't judge Serrada, but you can judge that club because look at Toby Sexton, now like Toby Sex and all of a sudden he's thrown out of the rubbish. And if Lachlan Galvin in eighteen months time Cannabury is struggling and he gets thrown, they're just going to thrown out of the water. But the same thing can be said for the Bulldogs. Lachlan Galvin to me, showed the top of character that he is. That if the Bulldogs are struggling in three years and his contract's up, he's out. So he's just going to change ship to the ten that's coming first.
Speaker 1: Again. Okay, I don't trust this guy. He's got a very bad character to me. Now, Okay, look I'm not prepared to talk about his character yet and I'll tell you why because I don't believe he's just been pulled. He's nineteen. He's nineteen, How can you have character?
Speaker 2: But it didn't have to say anything, mate, Yeah, compare Lomex now to him, right, wanted out nothing. They didn't say nothing about anything. He just wanted out of the club. That makes the man, yeah, I know, but still man, he could have just kept his mouth shut. He didn't have to say anything about Benji. You know, I don't want to be coached by whatever he was. I agree now like you said, it could be his manager that said that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, we don't know. We don't know. Look, I agree, I don't know. When I speak Rugby League, like I just said about the Broncos, I speak from seeing something. And when I said that continuously the same things. Well there's something there, I'll speak about it. But with Lucky, I don't know. I don't know. Honestly, what did I tell you before? I think it's before Gul's first mistake he's pulled, since it's been at Canterbury for three years, whatever it's been, I think he's pulled every right rain. This one, I think is his first mistake. You'll see. I don't know. I don't, I don't. I really don't know. All I know is and you know what, I really I really hate this on on socials and on the Bulldog's forums and the podcasts, some of the podcasts that I listen, all you bulldogs who are crying about sucking this and sucked in that, and we've got this, we got that. Hold Hold up for a minute, as Adie says, hold hold, hold my beer, because you don't know what we've gone. We've seen glimpses of a young man playing some high quality of rugby league at the same age. Katawa for me is far far better, exactly, and so many streaks ahead of Galvin. They're the same age. Actually, No is Galvin's nineteen, he's twenty twenty or twenty one. Twenty one is okay, even if twenty one. I saw this last year when he was twenty. Yeah, exactly. So he's far, far, far far better than than you at the moment. Like you. So guys, be careful what use are saying, because we know nothing. We know nothing. We've heard one GM believe that he's the best thing he's ever seen. As Nicol said that had Fitler, ye same, and what Nicol said last week he had head in his team an eighteen year old Bidlow who played for Australia the same year and Origin the same year.
Speaker 2: It goes to show how much you looked at his Penroth juniors too, because the guys like Yale and Cleary came out starring as we suppecially now they've got four rings, more than any other player that he's coached, and they didn't see them as superstars when our young So God this guy must be really special. Let's wait and see, say now to finish this sof George, let's finish this off with a closing quote. Now, with all this rubbish that we saw with Gold and Moses, the two guys that have got the most power in the the looks things because Valandis isn't doing anything in the Channel nine or anyone, so they're letting them just do whatever they want. You think that the only thing that we should do now is bringing a draft and a trade window, and with those two things relinquishes all power that they're know all these play managers and all these things, and Gold's talk it does nothing because at the end of the day, all these players go in to pull and straight away that any team can bed for him. Most of the teams at the bottom that need the most. That is that you reckon, thank you. The only solution is this er earl. Now, can they look at this now and say, okay, now we definitely need a trade window and we definitely mad it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you for saying that in these questions he's asking me either off the car or just he knows me. Well, it's a pet a pet bug for me. Where the only professional game, one of the amni professional games in the world, number one has not got a draft, who has not got a trade window? And and the other thing is we don't know how much players are earning, nor do we know how much their third parties are. We have to we have to go finding this. And plus this is the other the other thing we talked about Channel nine and this is this is more r than Channel nine because channel and I should demand this. So when you watch and I'll go n B A because because I watch NBA. Let's say the Lakers. So the Lakers have a podcast which comes out every day. They have a YouTube channel which comes out every day with new footage at training, and they pick a player and they even go to their houses. There you go, there, you go so much access there, Okay, you guys. Further because on the ground, the top players, I'm like, uh oh wow. So when they do something, when they're talking to their players, maybe not live, but when they play a replay you can hear. Imagine how cool would it be to hear when someone makes a break, what's happening all around him? Yeah, I think it's amazing.
Speaker 2: So all of a sudden, Cleary would look like even the biggest star, wouldn't it because no one knows what he says, and there they just say that he's a failure. But you know, he's actually quite a He does a lot of the talking. If it's not for Nathan's talking, a lot of things don't get done.
Speaker 1: Again, well, thank you, so, so Nathan is a good example. Nathan's a good example. And I'll tell you why because we on the television and people who don't thoroughly understand rugby league, okay, have a look at players and if they're not breaking breaks or they're not making massive tackles of forty twenty's, well they've had a bad game. But when when a Nathan controls and are taking shape with his mouth and has a look at the has a look at the defense and controls with his movements and with the ball movements controls the defense. I'd love to hear what's happening. I'd love to hear Nathan, Nathan, you know, turn around to the hookah and say you know we're going to left three, right, We're going We're going to do this explains the whole set, okay, and then you'll see it unfold. I think it's it's it's it'll be amazing. I'd love to me being a footing nerd, I'd love to hear stuff. And you know what Shade Guilders Al Alexander's the m VP this this year in NBA, he was miked up and it was amazing. I heard what I would hear what he's thinking, and you know they'll they'll twelve down and he instructed for two minutes. He came, they came back and he constructed the whole movement. It was amazing. You can hear him talk it. Yeah, I don't know. Even that Grand Final where they won against the Broncos, imagine that fifteen minutes that when they were coming back, you could hear what was happening and what they were saying. What you know, how things were unfolded. Can you imagine those huddles, what they say, you know, when they breathe, I'd love to know what they're saying or behind the past, I'd love to know what they're saying. Yeah, so access Sorry, I went off the I went off the track. And that's more about Channel nine and money for the thing. Oh draft, imagine if we had a draft. Okay, come November December. Whatever it is. Okay, there's a draft. It's televised exactly. It's televised more content because guess what drafts in all the other codes televised exactly. I'll tell her to be huge events. So who comes on the market? Locking guess what? Who's coming last? Now? Penriff? Let's say, oh god, let's let's say Piff's coming last. They got the first dip. They got the first dip, So I guess all of a sudden, Phil gool partly is taken out of his influence on Channel nine and what he does behind the behind closed doors where it should be we don't know, hasn't done it, can't do it. First first dip is Penriff. Okay, let's say Pendriffe passes up, passes him up because they want the third pick. Let's say, for argument's sake, or wait a minute, who wants him? It's can we want him? Okay? Well, they want Burton and Thing back. They want Burton back and they want kick Out back. That's okay, so yeah, we got luck like who you go for us? They go, We'll give you some reserve. No, how about how about Burton? Oh no, well you you're the one who want him. You don't have to have him, no problem, you don't want him, you don't want him. Oh, let's make it, do you know? You know here we go, so all of a sudden you can see how full gooal his power is his half exactly. But guess what's even better? You know that piece of rubbish management manager, he's got no say at all. He's going a little much less. They can negotiate money. You can negotiate money if you want. That's it. But where he goes how he's doing his no So you know when when how Moses goes to Manly and loads him up with players that no one else wants and he's got to they've got to pay that much for him. Well, that can't happen under the draft. Yeah, okay, now origin time trade window, that's it, no problem, Like he wants to wait to the trade window. Fantastic, not a problem. Trade. But you trade players and money and picks. So if you're going to do the NBA, the NBA away, you have picks. They give you picks. It's a long, long story. So let's forget the picks. It's too hard to work out. So okay, so who you got. It's the same thing. Who you got for me? I got Lucky? You want who do you want? Yeah? I mean you want Luckier. I'll take him him here now, okay, next, So you know what, Diet Dick get a stupid Newcastle will jump in and give him two million dollars and give us half a squad. You know how Newcastle is. They bought for one point six one point three, so they probably take Lucky. They'll probably give you Ponger in half the team. It probably will, you know what I mean. So you don't have to negotiate with gool So if it were, it just makes so much. That makes sense if you don't have if you've got a salary cap and you don't have a draft and a trade window or salary cap doesn't work. Sorry, cap doesn't work and work, it doesn't work. Because you know what I would love to know. I would love to know the Bronco players they're also they're really yeah, and the Bulldogs and the Bulldogs Yeah, I'd love to know this. I'm sure Lord has given him money left the table, but let's forget that. I'd like to know because because while she's not on a million dollars, he's on a millon dollars on the books, Yeah for sure. Okay, if he's not on one point five with third parties and that's legal. Is that problem? Here? Is that problem? But we don't do it. We're the only We're the only sport I'm telling you now google it. I thought I was wrong. We're the only sport that don't know a player salaries. Yeah, it's crazy, and we're supposed to be this sport. Rugby league is a sport that's that run like somewhere back in the seventies. Really, we're a primitive, little backyard and that's why we're going to die. For all the land Is tries and for for his efforts of making us, you know, a powerhouse sport. If you don't doesn't change the way he does business. We're just this little backyard sport which eventually maybe even die. Maybe we'll die very seriously because the things they do and the are real whatever those well, you know what, they think they're doing the right thing for the players, and the players think.
Speaker 2: We can see how many mental illness cases we had this year alone, so they're doing a great job. Every player's got mental illness by the looks of things, so obviously, But the thing I don't understand with is, like you said before, there's so many codes that have got drafts and trade windows. So all the NRAL have to do is go and speak to those codes and find out what they've got in the back end that protects them from any rl pas and that attacking them and then putting them in place, and then they're clear. They can just go back and say, well everyone else doesn't, so we're doing it based on these factors, you know what I mean. So it can be done. It's just that they just don't want to. And maybe because there's a couple of guys that we know now that are pulling the strings.
Speaker 1: No, no, right, you know what I expect. Nothing shocks me anymore because you know what I thought, Abdullah and the Landis are running the game. Well now we know they're not running absolutely, they're not absolutely. And and there's I believe that there's more gasses and there's more we just don't know them. There's more gusses, and there's more.
Speaker 2: Piece of gems on TV though sorry, there's no germs on other club gems on TV.
Speaker 1: That's true. No, no, no, he's he's the biggest. Look what he done, how he courted Lucky from his podcast, from from the television we show whatever that shows hundred forty or whatever. It's waterline. It's got to be illegal, surely. I don't know. It doesn't. It doesn't sit right with me anyway, And I'm a dog. Support just doesn't sit right with So I don't. I don't know anyway. But you know what, he's there now, and let's see how things unfold. I'm going to say it before anything happens. I think it's his first big mistake. Yeah, I believe first big mistake. I think it's his first, not second. Ivan clear and bring any at the since the rebuild anyway, what he's done, Well, again, that's therefore to see as well. Yeah, that's therefore. And we've already the book. We've already in the book. Well, everyone makes mistakes, mate, So this might be one. You don't know.
Speaker 2: It could be a master stroke, or it could be a mistake. Time will tell, Who knows, time will tell? All right, anything else you want to get off your chest? George, am I going to see you tomorrow kicking stones again?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things that it's a lot of things a lot of random stuff. You are you asked, I think it's I think I'm tapped. I'll wait tapped. I think I'll wait to Tuesday. N Yeah, we'll wait for the to come on to talk and to talk or Origin and I haven't gone. We haven't think, No, we didn't for them for sure. Origin and the Rugby League tea. You know what, tea, there's always the second game and there's no way in the world they can play that bad again. So I really believe when has it ever been too nil or three? Was it recently? No? We always going to decider. Yeah, we always going to decide. I can't. And you know what if it has been too nil, it's Queensland doing it twice. Yeah, because last year went to three. Remember where that's sensational. Third game?
Speaker 2: I think it was fits last year when it went to to nel and then that's where it got sacked. Yeah, he lost, lost and then they won the last one. Maybe I don't know something like that. So I don't believe for one minute that it's going to go to Sydney too, Neil, don't. I don't think. So you don't change the team or you have to do. They didn't play well, so you just just stick with the same kids and and and preparing them better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that in depth on Tuesday, Tuesday Off, as well as talk about the wonderful Saint George win on the week.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Thank you was sort of a game. No worries, George. I'm glad that we'll be able to run this one, this show for we mate to get it off your chest. So call it quits, call it quits. Work well, everybody on Tuesday. So everybody on Tuesday. And I hope you enjoyed the show. H