Speaker 1: One o one Lynch in Taco to Orlando's rock station one oh one one.
Speaker 2: W j r R.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody. Let just prepare for dumb news stories. I like this. How about we begin in uh San Luis Obisbo, California. There is a I guess a long time. It's a landmark of sorts, a roadside hotel called the Madonna Inn. It stands out Taco because of its bright pink signage.
Speaker 3: Wow, that'll give you a headache. Yeah, you're not going to miss that driving along the motorway. Any relation to the actual Madonna.
Speaker 1: I do not believe. So this has been around a long long time. This just you know, stereotyping. Looking at this, this looks to me knowing nothing about this place, like I don't know, a place maybe that has a thing next to the bed that you put quarters into to make it vibrate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, it looks to me like a place where you'd pick up some good bed bugs.
Speaker 1: Maybe errors on the ceiling above this heart shaped bed.
Speaker 3: It has the old motel looking sign put it that way just to paint the visual for you.
Speaker 1: Remember the water bed motel over on fifty. He's a colonial I remember Waterbed Motel it was on was it over near It was just before four forty one on the north side of fifty. Yeah, it was right in your peaches.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, wait, I do know where you're talking about that, and I mean never stayed there, had any activities.
Speaker 1: Hey, do you do this thing like I do?
Speaker 3: Where when you check into a hotel that's semi like this, right, yeah, do you put your bed up or your your bag up on the dresser?
Speaker 1: No, I'm dead serious.
Speaker 3: I do it like if I'm staying over at the beach and the place is just kind of hey, it's a place to crash for the night, right, I will put my bag on top of the dresser to avoid any chance of bed bugs, even though they probably crawling all over me.
Speaker 1: Thinking your hedging your bets by utilizing a hard surface. Yeah, one hundred percent, I got you. No, that makes sense. Do you ever have you ever done that? I can't say that I've consciously done that.
Speaker 3: I stated some really gross places though, So Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Madonna in has had an interesting situation where, for some reason, now for the fifth time in four years, someone has stolen the welcome matt the embroidered welcome mat that greets customers as they enter the hotel through their on premise gold Rush steakhouse.
Speaker 2: I don't think they realize that it affects a lot of people and it affects our business. And every time they do so, we have to, you know, custom order a new rug which takes weeks to get in.
Speaker 1: Speaking of gross, why would you steal a welcome mat that people are walking over?
Speaker 2: We have our thoughts that is probably something related to, you know, a fraternity, or it's a prank that they are pressured to do.
Speaker 1: This last go around though somebody returned it. It just showed up in a box with no return of dress. They felt bad. Are they sobered up? What do I need this thing for?
Speaker 3: It's like, you know when a people that we know stole a painting off the wall at the hotel.
Speaker 1: What are some of your relatives still hanging in that? Yeah? One of my relatives home. Kind of like, why would you do it? Oh?
Speaker 3: Just because it's cool? One word alcohol exactly. Yeah, that's why they returned it. I told you sobered up throwing the box return.
Speaker 1: It Tokyo, Japan.
Speaker 3: That lady hold On rewind She said, it's kind of a pain, because then I understand customers. You don't want them slip and going into place because you got a custom order or something and whatever did You can go to Costco and get one of those bro you know what, I'm not to throw rope, but the one that goes in front of your sink or your front door for like.
Speaker 1: I think twelve dollars for the non slip match. But Bob, this is Embroider custom monogrammed in front of the gold Rush steakhouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but put the twelve dollars one down in between the stealings the thievery. Always have one on backup.
Speaker 1: You gotta run a hotel. You got to run it right.
Speaker 3: I'm ten percent hotel used to you know, sling some vacation club stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it's another ten percent to put on the stack.
Speaker 3: That's where I learned the whole put your bag up on the counter of your dresser.
Speaker 1: Tokyo, Japan has adopted a four day workweek, effective next year, and what was their reasoning. They are hoping that the extra day off will encourage female employees to get pregnant. Japan's has a record low for fertility rate and it's even lower in Tokyo to the point where the population is shrinking.
Speaker 3: Sent some Americans over there, I mean some horny over here. I know they're you know, over in Japan, very regimented and work work, work, but over here it's more of a jerk jerk up.
Speaker 1: Please take an extra day off, ladies.
Speaker 3: And that is so HR. If you tried that here in America, well it's an HR nightmare.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's it's nice, I suppose, but as you point out, yeah, to actually come out and say this is why we're doing it. It's not out of the kindness of our hearts or out of workers demanding this. No, it's because we need we need you all to start knocking boots. We're gonna slip with your paycheck. We're going back to paper paychecks, forget the electronic and with those paper paychecks, everybody gets a Spanish fly. Okay, get you ready to roll? 'tis the season. Canadian woman has been arrested for allegedly attempting to smuggle drugs into New Zealand by disguising them as Christmas presents. Ten kilos of meth wrapped up, disguised discrete. We got Christmas math here, so maybe it is a legitimate Christmas gift to her. These zealing friends, it's illegal. You know.
Speaker 3: I walked up this morning downstairs. They decorated our whole lobby area.
Speaker 1: And Christmas morning, Thank Santa.
Speaker 3: They decorated the whole lobby downstairs, and when you walk up, it's like the beautiful and it's cool. You know, it gives you that Christmas feeling. The beautiful tree, and then there's Reid saying, and there's presence under the tree. I'm wondering how long it's gonna be until an email goes out whoever took the presence from under You know, somebody is gonna come in this building and go let me roll the dice and see what's in. One of these boxes was probably just a wrap box, you know.
Speaker 1: The pictures of the Christmas myth on our Facebook page. If you're feeling festive this morning, Lynchin Taco on demand download the iHeartRadio Appum Chris