Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, Hey, everybody, welcome the game. Last Morning is with me Jeff Grub, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about a fan favorite franchise getting a sequel, news out of EVO, and problems with a game that's been in development for ten years. It's gonna be a good one because we have John Martin on the show. John, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Doing very well with Jeff, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good. Getting used to that new shorter intro is That's what I'm really doing. Actually, I'm obsessed with that wordplay game. So on Friday at UPF we did some fun stuff. We did that Paddle Paddle Paddle game. It was actually a good time. Me and Beckler got way farther than I expected us to get. And then we did one hundred Men Versus Gorilla. I actually can't remember the name of the game. I downloaded there and Men one we saw that, But then we played Wordplay, which is scrabble blatro and now it's all I played that all weekend. Actually, anytime I got like a minute, I'd kind of like was like, okay, I'm gonna go grab something from the basement real quick, and then I would sit down for ten minutes and play some word play. It's really good, it's really solid. I've kind of been playing it NonStop, so and all I'm thinking about, I'm like, Okay, I could start coming up with some strategies. If I get Okay, two vowels next to each other get me a bonus. And if I have two letters next to each other, that also gets me a bonus. Oh, stack, I could do that. Okay, here we go. And so I've been developing strategies even when I'm not playing, so that that's where I'm at right now, John, I don't need a game like that to distract me from all the other games I should be playing. But here we are. How about you? I know you were spending some time watching EVO.
Speaker 2: How was it? It was a very good tournament. I loved all of them I watched. I did not get a chance to watch a lot of the top eights yesterday on the second stream. I was watching the mainstream, So like the Guilty Year, Fatal Fury, street Fighter six Tech in one. So I have some homework to do still, But it's an embarrassment of riches. The only thing with EVO this year is I felt it was a lot more corporate than it has been. A lot of advertisements, a lot of sponsored segments, so that was kind of dragging it down.
Speaker 1: So when Sony owns it now and there's probably a mandate for it to make money, and I bet, I bet the people who actually like do the running of EVO will do their best to find the balance there. But I mean, you know how that goes. The corporate overlord comes. The overlord comes in and say, hey, well look at this budget here, let's try to make some money on the other side. And then on the other side of that, the reality is there's probably some demand to speak to that fighting game audience. Right There was a couple of years ago where I think a lot of publishers have been like, look, we were not even going to try to figure out fighting games. And now fighting games are really hot again. You know, it's not like it's the world beating genre that it once was in the nineties or whatever, but it's grown and right now in this moment, they're like, oh, you can make money making fighting games and speaking to this audience. And this is the one place where we know they'll all be watching. So yeah, I think it kind of matches up in that way. Hopefully it doesn't like Sully it to the point where Ebo becomes unrecognizable. Is that a concern do you think? Or is it just like it's not as much as not as you know, from the ground up, as it once felt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it definitely doesn't have the same grassroots origin that I feel like it did back in the early two thousands, the Battle of the Bay era, but like it is a different feel. I don't know the in arena experience this year versus past years. I've actually never been and I do want to go, but so I don't know if they were getting the same chipottle ads you're getting every single segment. But I mean EVO is that big stage. There's a lot of money riding on it, like Fatal Fury and Street Fighter. I think at like each like at least like one and a half a million dollars seven billion million dollars in there. And I mean EVO is backing other tournaments that are were struggling, like CEO. They with the tariff stuff, they were having a hard time selling t shirts, was which was like one of the biggest incomes for that tournament. So there is good in the commercializing of it. But yeah, it does feel like a little bit is lost and it kind of just kills the pacing from going game to game to game.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that makes sense either way. It sounds like people were enjoying EVO this weekend and I'm glad people were able to get in there watch some good fighting games happen. Let's explain ourselves. This is Giant Bomb or a small team of video game dufases who rely on your support to make a lot of cool stuff like this show, like Light Club like you. If you have all the fun stuff we do here, it also enables us to do the big stuff like Summer Gamefest and anytime we do anything to get together for Game of the Year. Your support enables that. So you go to giant bomb dot com, slash join and YouTube could become a supporter by becoming a premium member. It goes a long way toward getting that stuff done. Gits you add free shows as well as well some other extras and goodies. That's giant bomb dot Com slash Join. As far as this show goes. Most weekdays I, Jeff Grub, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. You are watching live on twitch Welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the more Mess with Darksiders four continues the original game story after fifteen years. This is from Blair Marnell at GameSpot. When Darksiders hit consoles in twenty ten, it left gamers with the tantalizing cliffanger of the protagonist War, ready to fight, Ready to fight the forces of Heaven, Hell and the Council. Now, after fifteen years, the ending of the original game is finally revisited in the first teaser for Darksiders four. The announcement video recalls darksiders closing moments as War is joined by his fellow horsemen of the Apoca Apocalypse. Death Fury and Strife. The sequel is officially availed unveiled today. During THQ Nordick's online preview event that happened late last week or something like that, the publisher confirmed that Dark Siders four will continue the story directly after the first game, and allowed the four players to ride together as the Four Horsemen through co op. This is a long time coming, I guess a little surprising that they actually eventually did get here. They've done other Dark Sider sequels. In fact, they've done three, each starring a different like one of these horsemen. I think there was two three, and then there was Genesis, which started I can't remember who that started Strife maybe, but okay, so now they've all had their own game. That does kind of make sense. It's just weird to think, oh, this Dark Sider's franchise that has always been kind of a sleeper hit. It's been successful, but it also feels like one of those ones that if it went away, I wouldn't be surprised at all. And yet it's still here, and they're they're following up like storytelling trails that they put in place fifteen years ago. I'm kind of excited about this this is pretty neat. How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 2: Pretty excited about it? Too great, truth be told, I kind of fell off a little bit after Dark Siders two came out. I think I think there was a big gap of time. I think it was like twenty nineteen or something, or was it earlier. I don't remember, but I remember that having a rocky launch three.
Speaker 1: That sounds right. God. Yeah, but it's been a minute for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I haven't played Genesis. Maybe I should go into that, but this seems like it is kind of returning to that like back in the PS three days, like that God of War Zelda Hybrid, or at least is doing a far more cinematic like action game with friends. That gets me very excited about something like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think they've also done a good job at kind of keeping the genres varied from game to game while still maintaining a lot of that Dark Started the Dark Sider's elements. I do wonder it's like, Okay, so this is going to be, you know, another Dark Sider's games, but it's going to support four player co op. That's really interesting. I'm kind of I want to see how they're going to make that happen. But yes, at dark Sider's four will return to the franchisees third person perspective, and THQ Nordic states that it will have cinematic action that is fast paced and visceral oh good with melee and supernatural abilities. At Player's Disposal mentioned there that they're going back to third person. That means like behind the camera, behind the back camera perspective, where Genesis I think was top down the kind of and at that time I was like, Oh, this is cool. They're finding ways to keep Dark Siders going while doing what I'm assuming is a style of play that saves them money. And now that they've been able to figure that out, they're like, Okay, now we can do come back with the big return of the series with Dark Siders four, culminate in the storytelling that we've been doing all this time, and get back to the roots of how the game plays, and then also have four player co op. I don't know, it just seems like a cool thing to come out of a tier of game publishing and game development john that we always like lament is doesn't exist or is deeply underrepresented in gaming, which is these mid size B tier games. Dark Siders has always been that, and it's always been one of the better ones. This give you hope that like somewhere along the line, along the lines, we're figuring this sort of thing out, or dark Siders the exception that maybe proves the rule.
Speaker 2: I think it does give credence to it, the fact that they were willing to change up the formula, even if some people were kind of like ostracized. Based on that, they've always seemed to find an audience. I think it is evident that if you have a very specific tone or you set the stage, keep things similar but different, and you kind of go back to what a lot of people are asking for. I think that's going to be huge. I think it really does. YE just focus on like if you have a vision for this, if it is crazy enough, I think it will work. We just need a lot of a lot more people to take chances on games like Dark Siders. I think it's super cool that it's back.
Speaker 1: Yep. Of course this is all under embrace. Srtage Q Nordic is part of the and it's like there was a moment there where I was thinking all of those things, all those franchises that they acquired. Nothing's gonna happen with any of that anymore. It does feel like, coming out of this THHQ Nordic Digital Showcase twenty twenty five that TCHQ Nordic at least has kind of figured out its role under all of that while being able to like survive the deepest cuts of that company. TCHQ Nordic was hit just like everyone else with layoffs and all that, but they you know, that resulted in a lot of like projects being canceled or Embracer trying to work with outside companies like Amazon to fund the game development like they were doing with tomb Raider. I think that was happening there for a bit. It was all weird, and I thought that weirdness was going to extend to every aspect of Embracer. But TCHQ Nordic seems to have figured some stuff out. Not that things are all sunshine and rainbows under Embracer, but they had a lineup of games this is everything announced that THQ Nordic Digital Showcase twenty twenty five. From George Foster at the Gamer John the reality is I'm looking at a lot of these titles and a lot of them don't do anything for me, I don't even recognize some of them, even though they maybe they've been around. There are a couple of highlights I'll call out. If there's anything that you want to call out, feel free to do so as well. I guess one of the bigger ones actually is they're doing another SpongeBob game. After they brought back Bikini Bottom and that's that did really well for them. They did a sequel to that that was you know, received with a lukewarm like reviews and you know, appreciation for the fans. They did that Patrick Star game that I thought was a pretty decent like goat simulator like, and now they're doing this one weird. It was weird, but it's just like, you know, you basically just throw Patrick Starr around the world and he just interacts with things. It's a weird game and I like it. Actually, SpongeBob SquarePants Titan of the Tide finally gets a reveal. After many many leaks, SpongeBob's next game has finally been officially announced and it's releasing on November eighteenth. That's out this year. So, unlike Cosmic Shake, Patrick is actually playable in this one. Props to David Hasshoff. Also he was like he shut up in the trailer, so that was crazy. Yes, he was in the movie, right, I did he pop up in the show randomly? Orsi only ever in the movie. I don't know. I've only horse I watch a SpongeBob. It's playing on the DVD player in the back of the mini van, so I always just hear it. I don't see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm not up to date on current SpongeBob.
Speaker 1: I guess sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he ever went in the show. I know they got Bowie, they got a lot of different, like crazy guest stars. But yeah, I don't think Casselhoff has been like in the project since like the movie, which.
Speaker 1: Okay, people are saying he was in two movies, all right, well there you go.
Speaker 2: Oh was he in the second one?
Speaker 1: Don't There's like a bunch of different movies. Now there's the first movie. Was obviously in that. I remember that joke like being a big part of it. I guess he's been in another one, fair enough, Okay, Recreation, which is a follow up to Reckfest, but it has an open world and so people are like it's like Reckfest meets Fortsa, which sounds great to me. I honestly, I think more of the herror genre should try to take on forts horizon and see if they can make that work for themselves. And Reckfest feels perfect for that because it has all that interesting modeling of damage and being able to have that play out in an open world. I think that could be really fun. So this is one that I feel like we've heard about this one before, but they give uself a little bit more on it, and yeah, I'm excited to see it. Let's see Tides of Tomorrow Sacred to the Eternal Life of Goldman. Actually, that one looked pretty good. This is when we've seen railer as well. Yeah, it looks pretty cute, right, Like, it's got really nice stylings to its visuals where I think you kind of play as an old you know, it's a cinematic platformer. That's the best way of explaining it. But what stood out to you about it?
Speaker 2: So that trailer, Like I think I don't know if we got the wrong impression because it showed up in like directs and like Nintendo directs, maybe like a Game Awards, but the trailer they point out, like I saw it was coming out I was watching EVO on Friday, so didn't get a chance to check it until like like this morning. Uh there's a weirdly sinister vibe to the trailer that really is getting me even more intrigued. Like I thought it was just a very pretty cinematic platformer with like Ducktails esque platforming and like cane customization. It looks like they're going for something with this, and I'm I employ a lot of people to just check out that trailer because it kind of came out of left field. There is there's like this weird like dark maternal figure and there's some child in the mix. I have no idea where they're go in this one, but it seems very interesting and uh yeah, one hundred percent on board and it's it's.
Speaker 1: Got the like the visual storytelling chops I think to pull off whatever they want to go for. So if they are holding some stuff back to kind of wallop us when we finally play the game, I think they're gonna be able to pull it off and curious to see which which direction it goes. Titan Quest two is in early access right now. The Guild Europa fourteen to ten has been revealed Gothic remake is coming in early twenty twenty six. People have always been been clamoring for the Gothic remake. Now here it is reannimle re animal. I'm gonna say it that way gets a release window. It's coming out in Q one, twenty twenty six. I mean, like a lot of games that are like, oh yeah, I guess I kind of remember them showing that before, not all high on my radar, and then Fate Fate Keeper looks like Skyrim but with telekinesis powers or telekinetic powers. I should say anything else from the showcase stick out to you or grab your attention, groub.
Speaker 2: I saw a couple of things that looked interesting. Ties It Tomorrow looks very pretty, and I'm curious because I really thought it was all about that, all about that crazy multiplayer gimmick to it. But in recreation, seems like it's gonna be a lot of fun, like vehicular discussion that looks very fun to mess around with. But yeah, I mean, besides the ones we kind of talked about in length, like I'm sure I get my kid cousins, the SpongeBob games, those those games, those platformers are always kind of like hidden gems. I feel like, yeah, ever since the game few days, but yeah, like not a lot of stuff I'm looking into. Fate Keeper seems interesting and I didn't get a chance to check that out, but yeah, I don't really have much to say. It's cool Dark.
Speaker 1: Sider's back, Yeah, it's it's uh. I think overall it's just like, oh, yeah, THQ Nordica has a lot of games that they're working on U and that's encouraging. At the very least. I'm glad that it wasn't good. I'm glad it didn't get to the point where it's like even THHQ Nordic was like we had twelve games and now we're just making two and it's it's SpongeBob and like one other thing. Enjoy that. It's like, no, we're making Dark Siders for and that, Yeah, the SpongeBob game is new and looks pretty promising, and here's a bunch of other stuff that could be any number of degrees of quality when we get when we finally get them. But at least it finally does feel still like they're mostly for It doesn't feel like they're phoning all these games in they're trying to make something that can do well and succeed, and yeah, like I said, that's encouraging.
Speaker 2: They're called TCHQ for a reason.
Speaker 1: The Toy Headquarter is back at it. Everybody, all right. The full list of all price increases for Nintendo Switch and everything else is here. We talked a little bit about this on Friday, the shocking announcement that Nintendo was going to raise the price on the original Switch, as well as a bunch of other accessories and even a mebo. This is from Nintendo everything. Let's go through, like we have the detailed numbers. Now, we had some stuff leak from Target, but now here's everything. So in the United States, the switch O LAD is four hundred dollars. It was three hundred and fifty dollars. The standard switch was three hundred dollars. It's now three hundred forty dollars. Switch light was two hundred, it is now two hundred. Thirty. Joycn this is the original JOYCN were eighty. They are now ninety dollars. The pro controller was s it is now eighty. The nes controller pack was sixty, it's now seventy. N sixty four controller went from fifty to fifty five, and the Super Nintendo controller went from thirty to thirty five. Now, some accessories of the switch to also went up in price. The joy Con charging stand went from thirty to thirty five dollars, the pro controller went from eighty five to ninety dollars, and the joy Con two set went from ninety five to one hundred dollars, and then the dock set went from one hundred and twenty to one hundred and twenty five dollars. It's basically two hundred and twenty five dollars if you need to replace your joy Con, you and your docs. So if you go get hey switch to only on Craigslist, all I have is just the switch to and maybe the charger. You go get that, you're going to spend two hundred and twenty five dollars to complete your set. Now, the Amibo Amibo looks okay, sixteen dollars legacy Amibo. I don't know what that means, and frankly, John, I don't care to learn. It's twenty dollars. Now. Two pack Ambo went from thirty five or no, they were thirty, and it's gonna be thirty five or forty depending on which one, so summer thirty five and summer forty and then finally, and I know this is gonna be the most devastating for people. The Nintendo soundclock Alarmo was one hundred dollars. Is that it is now one hundred ten dollars. There's also price increases in Canada. I'll get this, I'll get the sum of those. I guess you know, let's do those real quick. Switch o lead is four hundred and ninety after being four to fifty. Let's see, Nintendo switch Online went up in price. The one month for an individual went up by one dollar, from five dollars to six dollars. The twelve month expansion pack family version is one hundred and ten dollars. It was one hundred dollars. And then finally, their Amibo also went up in price to like thirty and twenty three dollars depending on how many Amibo are in the pack. Okay, so yeah, I mean we a lot of these accessories previously got a price increase from when they were first announced at the switch to and then the tariffs happened that day, and then the prices for all those accessories went up, and then they're like, well, we're not going to raise the price of the switch to. They did it again, So the switch to console still has not gone up in price, but everything else has. And really, I mean, it's the same story, John, Right. We know it's the market condition's tariffs. They can get away with it. All the things we always say about these things are true here. So what else do we say other than man, it kind of sucks. It just sucks that this is the situation that we're in. And if you want to engage in this hobby, sometimes it feels like you don't have a choice but to just take these price increases and do and then just say thank you very much. How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 2: Pretty rough? Overall, it's kind of a crazy circumstance that, like the OLED is only fifty dollars cheaper than the switch to. Yeah, for a company that was yeah, it's super weird. For a company that was really touting like, oh, this is like our most successful console of all time. Pretty much is like, well, are you gonna cut the momentum short by doing this or are you just trying to get people on switch too fast? There's a lot of people who you know, at this point, it's just like you're looking at four hundred dollars and you might as well just like save up a little bit more spend it on a switch to for four fifty without Mario cart Of course, I don't. I honestly don't even know what you're gonna do with the rest of the stock of the standard switch, Like you've gotta need to bundle Mario Carty and something else at this point. I maybe include a free voucher or something. But yeah, it's it's just rough overall. Not to mention, like people who are fine staying on Switch one, their joy Cons are out of warranty, so you're gonna need to buy new joy Cons, Like there is I think only a two year warranty on those things, and like, yeah, it just it just sucks. Man, it is not a great time.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Hrien and chat is asking. Like I said, most of the stock already and already inside of the United States, meaning it wouldn't have to be subject to any tariffs. Some is, but no, they're still manufacturing the Switch one. They're still making the Switch one, so and they try to keep a taught supply chain, so it's not like they're sitting in warehouses in the United States. That's for sure. They are not doing that. They're not like making so many Switch ones and like let's just store them up in the United States. Or if they did that, they did it a little bit when the tariffs were at a certain level of uncertainty. That is not a normal thing that costs money. That's just a waste. They don't want to do that. So no, there's not a ton of those just sitting around. But also, I mean John's point, John, You're right, like the who's really in the market for one of these things, especially at an increased price. I guess you know that they will sell. I suppose especially that Pokemon game is going to be for Switch one and switch to this holiday, and you know there's going to be a certain number of people who will just get a Switch one to play that Pokemon game, even though that's an in same thing to do, because I'm sure it's going to run like crap on that, But they will, So they're going to sell a certain number of these. But I do I have to look at it and assume that a certain part of it is this helps them continue to step up prices everywhere else and make everyone okay with those switch to price, even though it was already pretty okay. I mean we are going to go into this holiday. We were saying, like, okay, the switch to pass the first test at launch, which is, hey, is this price going to hold it back at all for people who are super dedicated to Nintendo products? And the answer was, as we all knew what would be obviously no that price. We are all like many of us here did pay it. We got it. We obviously are okay with that price. If we bought the product at that price, we can argue that we could still yell at the company and say this is too expensive, but fair enough. It passed that test. The second test was going to be this holiday where okay, is the slightly more casual audience, the family that wants to get a switch to for their kids, are they going to accept the price? This does help with the storytelling of that though, where it's like, ah, the switch one is it's right there. It's like, I guess I don't remember it being that expensive, but I might. We'll just get a switch to for a little bit more. That seems like a fair deal. I think it's just the really the frustrating thing here, John, is we know once the prices go down for them, they won't necessarily go back down for us. Overall. Maybe a few of these products will. The switch one maybe may get a decrease in the future, if that makes sense. What's more likely to happen to this point is they'll just stop selling the switch one before the prices go back down though, So this is another essentially another permanent increase, and that step up of hey, get used to this price for this product. That means the next product that is more powerful could be this price. I expect them to keep using that strategy to get as higher and higher as they introduce switch to variants. Right, The switch too variant is not going to replace the switch to standard and be like and then the switch to standards going to go down in price. We're just gonna keep going higher and higher.
Speaker 2: Right Yeah. I mean, even like a switch to light kind of seems like it's like kind of an Unstan and where they would even position that where you would price that we immediately already have like a bundle with Pokemon, and I'm sure yeah, a lot of people are just going to settle on that switch one version of Legends EA. So it's kind of a matter of time to see like if this even works out. But unfortunately, I feel like kind of the pricing fomo of like, well, they raised the price on all of this stuff, like surely the switch too will go up and pray sooner or later, which I mean it could, like there is a non zero chance. Yeah, it's just frustrating overall. It's hard, and it's hard to be frustrated just one party in particular. Like it's kind of a mix of like yeah, like kind of the world economic situation is rapidly changing, and like a company is trying to adapt but also seeing what they can get away with. So we'll we'll see how the sales work out this holiday. But Jeff, I'm not too hopeful about a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me neither. And you just mentioned the switch to light, which is something I think we can safely assume something along those lines will happen. And it's like, man, if I'm them and I'm trying to be as cynical as possible here while keeping in mind all the market realities, I think what they do is they release a switch light or switch to light at four fifty. There is no longer a four hundred and fifty dollars standard switch to, and you can only get the standard switch to with a bundle at five hundred, So it's like they kind of or they just straight up raise the price of the switch to, which is also also feels like that's on the table and a little inevitable. And people, a lot of people I've seen in chat over the last couple of weeks as we discuss we've discussed a very various different price increases, and then more specifically in the last couple of days with the switch to and switch accessory price updates, people are saying, Yeah, one of the reasons I got my switch to so early is because I'm worried about the price going up. And so that's already in people's heads. And that's the companies have us right where they want us acting urgently to spend money to buy their products because we're afraid they might go even higher. And that's how bad we want them that we don't want to where we want to avoid that, but we want to, Yeah, get around all this stuff, all right. Price increases kind of across the board for everything except for the switch to consoles. We'll see if that comes about at any point in the future. We'll keep track of the story as it goes forward. Let's take a break. We got plenty more headlines to get into. If you want to skip this, you can always go to giant bomb dot com slash join get the ad free version of the show in the meantime that we'll be right back after this. This episode of giant Bomb is brought to you by giant bomb dot com slash Join. Join us there, become a member. It helps us make fun stuff. It gets you add free content. It also helps us make some extras here and there that will give exclusively to you as members. It's giant bomb dot com. Slash join for ten dollars a month or one hundred dollars a year, where you save twenty dollars. You can support us in making all all of the cool stuff that we make over here at giant Bomb. Once again, that's giant bomb dot Com slash Join. Become a member. Now we're back. It's Game Best Mornings. That's John Martin. I'm Jeff Grubb. We're going to get back into the headlines. Let's do it with BioShock forors leadership replaced as two k insists it's committed to delivering a great game. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC. Take two has replaced the leadership behind the next BioShock game after it reportedly failed an internal development review. In a statement, a spokesperson for the publisher confirmed Cloud Chamber studio head Kelly Kelly Gilmore has left their role, while creative director Hogarth Dala Plant has moved to a publishing position. Plant was involved in the original BioShock game across multiple disciplines, including level design, art, and programming. According to Boomberg, the leadership changes followed a recent failed review by executives at two K Games, the publishing arm of Take two. BioShock four's narrative was identified as an area that was particularly in need of improvement and will be revamped. It's claimed, man, how bad could the story be? That that's what happened here? According to Bloomberg's sources, two K also canceled plans for a remake of the original BioShock game earlier this year. In a recent all hands meeting Cloud Chamber, Cloud Chamber developers were reportedly told that the company needs to become more agile and efficient, leading some to to fear that layoffs could follow. I mean, god, those are what those words mean, right John. When you hear agile and efficient from executives in an all hands meeting, they're like, Oh, that's that's just them saying they're going to cut some jobs. What's your take on this, what's your read on this? Because I'm just like, man, BioShock four is a game that I barely ever think about and then it's like, oh, oh yeah, that's real, that's happening. And it's been in development for ten years. They've been making that game for ten years in one form or another. Of course, probably those first couple of years were you know, pre production whatever that looked like. But no, it's been in development. They've been making it for ten years. Man. I remember thinking at the time with BioShock Infinite that that was taking a long time and games, you know, they could sell, all right, but that game is going to sell so well to justify that long development period, and it just didn't, which is one of the reasons that there was this weird fallout from BioShock Infinite, with Ken Levin going on and doing something slightly different and then figuring out another team to start making BioShock four. And here we are again, and it's even worse this time in terms see the amount of time it's taken to get this game completed. Yeah, what's your read here?
Speaker 2: It's interesting, right, because like when you think about Take two and you think about some of their big franchises, the ones that are come close to mind are just like, well, you got to the sports games, and BioShock is one of those prestige games.
Speaker 1: So like.
Speaker 2: It is an unfortunate place to be in. But like, I mean, those remastered games still sell. I still see them on the charts of PlayStation Steam and Switch and everywhere. Yeah, I do you think it's because Ken Levine left. I mean we also haven't seen Judas in a hot minute either. I don't know if it was like a like a toxic relation sort of situation and they broke up, but then they're just I.
Speaker 1: Think that was that was a little I think it was a little bit of a can we can't trust you to lead a big team again sort of thing. But that's just that's just my guess. I really, I don't know now, I haven't looked into it too much. I've never been a huge bioshot guy, so it was always just kind of like, yeah, you guys, tell me what's going on over there, And Jason did exactly that. Okay, this narrative aspect, do you what do you think is happening? Kind of Okay, here's what I think is happening. Uh, the executives think the game is too woke. I legit think that's what happened here, is that they think it's too woke, that the game is not in line with the current best practices of executives, which is bowing down to Donald Trump and the game that criticizes figures that are similar to him, and they don't. I think that's what happened. And they're like, look, you're not GTA, You're BioShock. GTA gets to do that, you don't. That's look, I'm completely guessing here, but sounds right to me. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I honestly think that actually is a pretty good idea. I mean a lot of those games were just looking at how, you know, capitalism kind of ruins a society multiple times over, how we're going to exploit the working class and kind of destroy stuff. I think you're probably onto something there, and it is narrative, right, Like I feel like so much of the gameplay is probably set in stone and maybe has been for a while, but like you need to like fine tune it to meet what the story is and kind of like shape things around that. Yeah, I don't know. I'm also not the biggest BioShock guy, but it just from what I have played in one an infinite, I think that actually is a pretty good call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we'll see. I just can't imagine what else it could be, like, like, let's do our best, Like what else could be wrong with the narrative? I mean, I guess the opposite where it's like, why do you have so many like racist jokes in here? Like, but I don't think that's what it is. Like that doesn't say people making games these days, especially gonna go work on a bioshot game. You're probably like, I'm gonna go use this power of this narrative to criticize some strongly held ideals by society, Like that's you know, the power of that gives you the ability to do exactly that. So I think just naturally it would go toward being too woke in the eyes of the executives. But I don't know if you have any other ideas what it could be in terms of a narrative issue that they are so unhappy with that the game failed its check.
Speaker 2: I mean it could be something alongst the line of like leadership kind of failing a population. And it did get a bit meta for the exacts. They're like getting caught with like egg on their face, and I mean it has It's crazy. It's been ten years, Like I feel like those were masteries kind of just like kept it in the public consciousness, but I had no idea it was like, actually that long.
Speaker 1: It m's been a while, Yeah, I guess. Yeah, Like BioShock Infinite, for people that you know, did not pay attention to the discourse that happened with that game over time, deeply criticized for doing the both sides thing of uh, you know, oh, all this authoritarian person is bad, but so are the people fighting back against him, and so who can you really trust? And that criticism has been so ingrained in the story of BioShock Infinite that my assumption for BioShock four has always been this will be a response to that, that BioShock four story and narrative will respond to that and take a stronger stance, And maybe that's exactly the problem that two K leadership has with it. I don't know, we'll we'll see this game eventually. If it's at this point where everything else is done and they just have a problem with the story, they're gonna have to release this, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully you would hope.
Speaker 1: So that's what's totally sranchise. Yeah, so a weird thing. But that and I guess Judas from Kim Levin is supposed to be out next year. So both of those launch in twenty twenty six. We'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, yeah, that could happen.
Speaker 1: Whatever you say. Ken, All right, let's keep going here. We have a rundown of EVO news. I did have some stories here, but you know what, let's go to this games Game Spot story. Ebo twenty twenty five. Everything announced at the annual three day Fighting Game Fest. This is from Jason Finelli. A weekend of World Warriors in Vegas, the super Bowl of fighting games, has once again left its mark on Las Vegas. As EBO twenty twenty five saw over thirteen thousand unique entrants make their way to Las Vega to the Las Vegas Convention Center for three days of furious fisticuffs along with the comp edition, however, came multiple reveals for multiple current and upcoming fighting games, including new characters, fresh new gameplay footage, and more. Capcom Arc system Works and Skybound were among those who dropped a new information during Ebo's Grand Finals Day on Sunday, while S and K Shadow dropped its next big update in front of the unsuspecting EBO crowd. Next up for EVO, meanwhile, is EVO France and Nice from October tenth through the twelfth, while EVO Vegas was confirmed to return June twenty sixth through the twenty eighth. In twenty twenty six yeah, put it closer to Summer game Fest. That'll make it easier for me to go. Yeah, bastards. All right, let's say it. Some of this stuff we talked about like Friday. We might have mentioned this because this guy announced early on Mortal Kombat Legacy Collection adds Mortal Kombat Trilogy. That was cool to see. Virtual Fighter five Revo World Stage. The recent Virtual Fighter Virtua Fighter five Revo will take to the World stage as is set to be ported to Xbox Series X and S, PlayStation five and Nintendo Switch to While the which to release date is not yet set in Stone. The others are coming October thirtieth. They did show footage of the new Virtual Fighter project, which I thought looked really.
Speaker 2: Good, super promising. Yeah, right, especially when you've been when Virtual Fighter has been on ice, and by ice I mean basically just only in Yakaza Games for the greater part of a decade. It it honestly looks incredible. I'm super excited to see how Jackie looks when that game actually does come out. But yeah, just I don't know, there's just something about seeing just pure like martial arts, like from across the world that's just super satisfying, and I think Virtual Fighter has always nailed that. What's a what's your take on the story mode? Because I know a big part of Virtual Fighter five, this new version of Virtual Fighter, what is focusing on maybe having a bit more story to it to kind of get people connect to the game in the way that I feel like a Street Fighter or a techn hasn't done with the recent releases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, so this is RGG right that's doing this, and they have the chops to pull something like that off. I don't know, I'm not going to like put that on this game or like the game needs to have that for to justify itself. To me, no virtual fighter can just still be a virtual fighter. That would be fine. And if they have a story mode that is lackluster whatever, I would never hold a lackluster story mode against a fighting game. That is to me, that's silly. But it could help. And I think that they could do something. I think they could do something that the other studios working in the space would really really struggle to do, And so why not take advantage of your capabilities as a studio. That's how I would feel about it. And then I think the answer to that question would be the reason why you don't do it is it costs a lot of extra money and is that juice worth squeeze. We just don't know, because no one's really ever borne it out before. But we'll see Hunter Hunter nexton Impact Season Past. The three v three tag fighters starring characters from the popular popular Hunter Hunter anime franchise, unveiled its first season past during the finals of its side tournament. Neferpito will be the first character added to its roster. There's people out there that understand that under Ninth under Night in Birth to cis Celeste ads in Zoomie Man, they just just keep adding words to names. Sometimes there's a lot of yep, Grand Blue Fantasy Versus Rising Ex characters. There's new characters there. Invincible Versus showed off Omni Man and it looked pretty gruesome the way that that comic is gruesome and the show is gruesome. So yep, looked pretty cool. Marvel to Con Close Beta has been announced that is starting on let's see here September fifth through the seventh, and that'll be the Close beta test. Players who sign up for the PlayStation Beta program on the PlayStation website will be eligible to join the beta, though access to signups is not guaranteed. I should go do that as soon as we're done here. Yeah, this was the game that like really was kind of continue to pop off all weekend every time anyone showed it off anywhere. It looks astounding. I think it looks really good. What are your feelings on Tocan?
Speaker 2: It looks pretty incredible and it kind of is carving its own niche Like I mean, when you find out it's going to be a four v four game, your mind immediately goes to what is Marvel vus capcom what did Dragon Ball Fighters do? But it really is a unique spin on the tie thing. Yeah, yeah, I think there's like a similar King of Fighters game back in the day that did something similar, But this is just so flashy, and I think it's going to break down a lot of doors in the way that Dragon Ball Fighters kind of opened the fighting game landscape to just because it's a big ip like Marvel, but also because you have those auto combos and you have those simple to learn mechanics to really get people excited. This was probably the most exciting thing. I think we saw just tons of gameplay out there. If you're hesitant to start a fighting game, I think this is a great shot to see if you are interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it looks really good. It looks like, you know, I see echoes of was it Marvel versus Capcom three or Infinite at three, and it just it's like, No, this is like take that really amp up the style and all of like sort of the sanded off edges that were in those later Marvel versus Capcom games replace that with just even more style. And so I'm into what Arc system Works is doing with this game so far. Although Tag Fighters have always been kind of too hectic for me. This one, like you said, doing its own thing. I think I can wrap my head around this one a little bit better. We'll see Guilty Gear Strive adds Lucy from Cyberpunk Edge Runners. That's a WI one trailer, but it's a good trailer. Pretty interesting to see Guilty Gear. Guilty gear Strive two point zero is coming in twenty two twenty six. Ken Ken Masters is joining Fatal Fury City of the Wolves. While we knew that Ken Masters from a Street Fighter was heading to Fatal Fury City of the Wolves at some point, we didn't know exactly when that would happen. S and K not only made the announcement, it shadow dropped the Shota Kan Shota Con. Yeah, Shota Con Ken is available in Fatal Fury. Now. I haven't really played that game all that much, and I heard it plays all right, but I just got bummed out by all the weird Saudi Arabians of it all when it was launched. But I like Ken a lot. I kind of like want to play every game that has Ken in it, so I'll probably go check this out. Kind of can't help myself, but that was interesting to see. But this game is one of those ones where it's like, oh, it clearly did not work the way that they that S and K was hoping it would. Did you did you notice any change in the vibe around this game over the weekend or is it kind of where it was?
Speaker 2: I think it is kind of where it was. It is. Fatal Fury has always been like somewhat much more smaller franchise compared to even just King of Fighters proper. I think people who watched it, myself included, I had not kept up with how this game looks because again, like I was, those first two betas were kind of discouraging and then yeah, like the the Ronaldo and Salvador Ganacci stuff versus like actual Fatal Fury characters not being in the base roster did sour me really heavy. But I mean people were excited for that. But I think it will be both a game that has a core, dedicated audience but also be something in the future people look back on and be like, oh, yeah, that actually does have a lot of cool mechanical depth to it. Some characters look really cool, like Ken, like Chunley, and we'll see where it goes. But yeah, I don't think there was really a mood shift. But you know there's always some Terry Bogart diehearts out there, and I respect them because he's a cool guy.
Speaker 1: Yep. And if people are wondering why, like, well, exactly my issues with the game. You know, Ronaldo was definitely in some of the pools in Vegas, So just google Ronaldo Vegas charges and you'll get my reasons for that's a crazy weekends, crazy weekend. Yes, exactly, He's a charge character, you see. So yeah, that's all right. And then finally, Street Fighter six reveals new swimsuit costume and teases Sea Viper. The final two reveals of EBO twenty twenty five came from Capcom, who not only teased its next roster member see Viper. It looks amazing, but also revealed new summer themed costumes for seven current fighters. Yeah, they're all in bikinis. And unless keen eyed Street Fighter fans may recognize Chun Lee's and Cammy swim sweat some swimsuit off outfits from a classic piece of Street Fighter art drawn by Kenyo Nishimura during the Super street Fighter two era. Yeah, there's this like classic poster of all the characters at the beach, and yes, Chun Lee's and and Cammy's outfits are from that, including that's where Cammy's like insane tan lines comes from. It's from that. Yeah, Art, it's man, it's buck while to see that. It's definitely one of those things where I will never forget seeing Street Fighter on ESPN and one fight it was I think it was Mika Armika. Yeah, she was like in her like skippiest outfit for one fight, and then they came back from break and was in like the least revealing outfit after that, and I'm like, I know what happened. The producers are like, what are you doing? You have to put more clothes on this character, and that's exactly what happened. So yeah, of course street Fighter, all these games lean into this. They're gonna keep doing it, swimsuit outfits for every fighting game. Character. Would you think of Steve Viper?
Speaker 2: See Viper looks really cool? Yeah, I mean, she's she's got that diamond. But honestly, it's a character that I've been always interested in checking out again, I mean, she hasn't been in a game since, or at least playable since, like I think Marvel three, which is kind of crazy because that game is coming up on like almost twenty five years old next year. It might have been twenty twelve for all to it. But yeah, I mean she looks really cool. Obviously, we didn't get to see a lot of gameplay because she's a lot further out, I think in autumn, Sigott coming out, I think tomorrow. But I honestly think she's a really cool get. She adds zev to the world Tour mode. I'm I'm getting really I've been really into the World tor mode, just learning about the characters, learning the lore, just exploring an open world. It's been kind of a perfect like switch to game for me, just like sitting down like end of the Night. But yeah, I think she looks really cool. They continuously just redefined characters and make them look brand spanking new. It's it's super cool to see.
Speaker 1: Yep. I think they do a pretty good job of mixing in characters and bringing them back and like giving them, giving them time off, giving us a chance to miss them. I know a big part of that is they need to focus on a handful of characters to make the game good in the first place, and they can add stuff and so stuff just gets left off that reason. But I think just the byproduct of being like, oh, yes see Vipers back a street Fight or Force standout. But it's like, oh, you know, for when you come out with Street Fighter six, I want to see this character. This character cea Viper is probably on that list, but maybe not super high for some people. And now I think the demand is there and it's like, yeah, definitely bring her back, let's see it. And then she looked great, so very cool to see. All right, let's get to the rest of the headlines. And Nintendo wants to know your thoughts on its divisive game key cards. This is from Darren Bontius at GameSpot and if this story sounds familiar to people who listen every day, they did a survey in Japan. Now that survey question, or a form of it, has gone worldwide. A new survey by Nintendo has gone live as the company wants to know what its users think of physical and digital game ownership. While there are a few general questions mixed into it, the survey primarily focuses on which format customers prefer when purchasing games for the switch to There are various questions asked in this survey on this topic, specific asking which factors determine if a digital game will be purchased instead of a physical one, while users can respond with multiple replies like physical games provide a stronger sense of ownership, or I like collecting physical games when press for answers. Game key cards have been controversial since they were introduced, as the vast majority of Switch two games have adopted this new medium for a physical release in essence their key authentication cartridges that will still require you to download the full game. Everyone knows how they work here, thish there was I'm trying to remember were one of these games that we talked about announced for I know a game just got announced John, What was it? It was like fifty dollars on was it Mortal Kombat?
Speaker 2: It was the Mortal Kombat Collection. Yeah, Atari and Digital Eclipse announced that it is going to be fully on card, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: But it's also ten dollars more on the switch to than on a PlayStation Xbox. So I think it's fifty on those and it's sixty on switch too, but it's all going to be fully on the card.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I guess that's a good comp Yeah, it's a good comp right, great.
Speaker 1: The compromise of like, okay, you are using a more expensive medium. I get it. I mean, is this the compromise people will be okay with? Is it like it actually is gonna It's gonna be like the N sixty four days where the cartridge is more expensive and now the cards are more expensive here maybe I.
Speaker 2: Think so, And it's weird, right, Like I think people who are physical collectors like myself for the most part, like switch To is kind of sadly is becoming the beginning of the end of that. There are still games I'm picking up. I'm going to pick up Mortal Kombat collection and I picked up Cyberpunk on switch To like that, just to show support to that stuff. Yeah, so it is really cool when companies do that. But yeah, when you are releasing this game on so many different platforms, like you are releasing it PC, switch, PS five, Xbox, just another expense of having to buy this more expensive card mass produce them. I can definitely see why a lot of third party companies are discouraged in doing this. Nonetheless, it's sucks to see I already filled up this survey and if game Cay cards like upset you to you definitely fill this out let your let both your wallet and your voices be heard, because that's the only way you're gonna see stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just I think what most people are even asking for here is like you don't have to get rid of game key cards. We understand that some that's gonna make sense for some games, but why is it? Why does it feel like ninety five percent of the games are game key cards? Nintendo, can you do something to just even and out a little bit and get most of the games that collectors are going to want to target back on real cards where those games will just be playable for as long as the card doesn't rot. And I think most people would be happy with that, just to see some movement back toward this physical game feels like the games that we used to have back in the day and continue that somewhat. All Right, let's hit this one quick. EA is interested in turning Apex Legends into a film or TV series. Is from Ben Lyons, a game reactor. Yeah. I mean, they just said they have a lot of they want to make this happen. I guess I can see why. But also this feels like one that when they say it, even if it gets announced, then there's a writer and a director attached. Apex Legends feels like one that never actually gets released, right, we don't actually get a movie or TV show based on this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you would really hope, uh that people do find a way of turning this into a theme for that demo. I mean, like Apex Legends has been kind of on a doud swing for a good long time now. I mean, it's a beaten to death dead horse, but like, I mean, a titan Fall show would also be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, get Tony Gilroy to make a titan Fall show, oh man, or for me everybody, and then we're we're fucking cooking, let's go.
Speaker 2: That would be incredible.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I think that could be some good stuff Apex Legends. I get that's the bigger name brand, but I wonder if that means like we're gonna tell the story of I guess, I guess it's like a game show kind of thing, or like a galactic competition. Is the story of Apex Legends. It never really mattered when I was playing, so I never paid all that much attention. It's like I don't know. If I need another thing that is, like the Squid games or whatever, we'll see them. Starfield reportedly targeting PS five release in twenty twenty six, following quote unquote week sales of first expansion. This from Tom Ivan at VGC. Microsoft is reportedly planning to release Starfield for PlayStation five in twenty twenty six. That's according to MP first sources. And that's I guess as a direct result of the expansion not doing what they needed it to do. But also they're at a point now where it feels like, yeah, of course all the other games are going to PlayStation, why wouldn't this. You know, Force is on there, so anything can go on there. Basically we're talking about Halo and Gear. I mean, Gears of War is going to PlayStation five, so if Gears of War can go there, clearly Starfield can. Even though there was definitely a time when they were saying Starfield wouldn't never come to PlayStation. That was I saw the paperwork John where they like did the math on why they would never release it on PlayStation, and that was their internal position on that. Obviously a lot has changed since then. Yeah, this game's come into PlayStation right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of just a matter of time. Like there's not a lot of games in their catalog that I feel like will not come at this point, especially games that are just like consistently releasing.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Bees is a big name. People like have fond memories of Bethesda. I mean, it was pretty controversial in the first place when they were talking about Starfield being exclusive, which might have made sense at the time, but now in hindsight, maybe it would have been better to play this game up a little bit more. But it's it's funny how Microsoft makes all these games and they come out sometimes they come out hot, some of the times they come out cold. And now when they launched the next year, I'm assuming I haven't really played the DLC, that Starfield's PS five debut will probably be a better experience than there to hape you on Xbox, which is something to say.
Speaker 1: Yep, man, and that's how it's gone repeatedly now, but especially in Starfield's case, you could see that being how it goes down. Apparently they're going to try to time this with the next expansion, So there's another expansion they're making, they'll try to time it with that. So yeah, it could be really a definitive version of Starfield when it's all said and done. I don't know how much they can improve that game in most people's eyes. I thought it was fine. I thought it was a fine game. I think that was a disappointment at the same time that it was just fine. So both are true. It's a disappointment, but it's fine. That's not I mean, people spend a lot of money on these games. They don't want to settle for something that's a disappointing fine, And like I said, I don't know how much they're gonna be able to change the fundamentals of that game to get it to a point where it plays the way people expected bees the game to play and has all the possibility space going as well. It's just kind of a lackluster game overall. All right, we have a poll question that we never got to from the Thursday that we never posted, but I posted it a little bit later, and it's what is your grade for the Nintendo Direct As always, because YouTube dropped our options, there's only four options, ABC or D, but we can assume D is equivalent to failing in this case. All right, So in that case, three percent gave it an A. Almost no one loved this direct, and it's a partner direct, so I think that that's fair. But seventeen percent gave it a B. The vast majority of people, or the plurality here, I should say, is forty eight percent at C. And then thirty two percent gave it a D. Uh. So yeah, most people in the lower end of the spectrum, and I think that's fair. There were a lot of games in there. For me, I gave it a C as well. John. It was just kind of a a ho hum direct, even though we knew what a partner direct could be. Even for a partner direct, though, I think it was a little lackluster. Is that where you end up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I forget. I forget what I said last Friday when you posted this. I am in the C maybe lower C, high D range. There's a lot of cool franchises there, but like Katamari coming back, really cool. I'm happy with the people who like, uh the Octopath games. I've just bounced off all of them, and I like RPGs. I play a lot of them. I'm playing through the Dragon Quest one right now. But yeah, there wasn't a whole lot of big standout ones. I think there was someone saying this morning that there were a couple of games that just were supposed to be but we're not in.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, so I didn't. I didn't include that. I had that story I was considering. So Chris Dring over the weekend said that he there were three games that he heard one we're going to be in the direct and they weren't in there. And he he said, like, so show goes to show you how much these things change, which, yes, everybody they do. It does change that crazily from time to time, which is why this is stupid job I found myself in of trying to predict these things for people is a pain in the ass. But I don't I like, what could those games be there? I mean, it's a partner showcase, so it would have been a bunch of third party games. I'm assuming. I don't know. So yeah, maybe that means uh, maybe that means games comp is going to be really hot. I don't know. Do you think that we are overdue for a lot more announcements even though we just got that partner direct and I'm talking specifically about like switch to announcements.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. There was kind of a general vibe at EVO itself that a lot of switch to games kind of were dateless and like games that I think would make a lot of sense to be on switch To, like Teching eight, like with some DLC stuff. It's kind of crazy that no announcements were there for that Fatal Fury.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be a combo of games Com and Tokyo Game Show. I might be leaning a little bit more to Tokyo Game Show, kind of to like squarre inex Capcom Konami. We'll see what's there. I when when they said three games, I I'm probably thinking that maybe they originally were going to announce some of the Resident Evil remake on there, but maybe it just got pushed for whatever reason, like a lining up with marketing or something. I don't know, but yeah, I think we are due for it. Uh. There's not a lot of games in the latter half of the year with like concrete dates yet, so it's it's kind of just a guessing game at this point.
Speaker 1: I'm chidding my vote to a bee because I remembered Philip Bildia shut up. Yeah, Phil, a big deal man, that's a hard thing say. Actually, yeah, all right, that's the pole question from last week. We will have another new poole question here in a second. Before we get to that, John, let me tell people were they can find you on the internet what you have going on? All that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, you guys can find me. John Martin on Blue Sky I post about my goings on. I am going to be streaming later this week. Dear me, I was. I've heard it's a tear jerker. It seems like a really good visual earth like watercolor story by the Hotel Dusk people. Seems like it's gonna be a good time. But yeah, besides that, not much. Just still cooking on videos, making sure everything's perfect. But I keep saying that every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the job though, and that's how it always goes, all right, new poll question? Have you played a Dark Siders game before? Yes? Or no? Interested to see like the general you know, our more general audience. Did you play Dark Siders back on Xbox through sixteen? Then try to keep up with the series over time. We'll get the results of that. We will talk about it on Game mess Mornings here on Giant Bomb tomorrow. I'm sorry Wednesday Tomorrow's bomb cast in fact, and so speaking to Giant bomb yep tomorrow BombCast today, it's Monday. Mitch owns mondays, I think he's back. People were asking where's Mike and Dan. They should be back now. They were traveling last week. You saw him on some kind of funny stuff. We got some other stuff in the hopper that will happen because of that. Super cool, but just hold your horses on those. And in the meantime, we should be back to a mostly normal schedule this week. So I think we're doing Riven. I think I guess I should let Mitch tell us. Yeah, let me see here. I'm gonna take the calendar, and it's on the calendar, so I think that means it. Uh, So we'll do that Monday morning's missed with Mitch. You know, the sequel Riven will get started today and then he'll do Mega Man tonight. We'll have some other stuff happening as well, and then the rest of the week, Yeah, look out for Blake Club returning. We should be able to finish up Pimp My Ride with Dan Riker My Riker on Wednesday voicemail dumb Truck a whole bunch of stuff happening, so look out for that later this week. In the meantime, though, John, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talk about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It's always a pleasure. Jeff, thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeap, thanks for coming on. It's great stuff. Thank you all for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Oh yeah, is there something?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think Mike said something on Thursday. Oh yeah, play Fighters. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna try to get Blake Club in on Thursday. That's right, that's we got thanks happening. Okay, all right, so it's gonna be a mess again this week, but we'll figure it all out and put some fun stuff out for you. It worked last week with just me and Bakalar, so we'll figure it out again. Yeah, definitely is still happening. All right. Thank you everybody for watching the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.