Speaker 1: Old for the sound cut off? What is going on? Clippers fans, welcome to a quasi emergency considering it's you know. A couple hours after the trade happened, Clips and Dip Happy Hour stream, I am Chuck Mockler joined by Adam Osen William Up Like should be here in a sec. The Kawhi Leonard era is officially done in Los Angeles. If you missed it, the Clippers traded Kawhi Leonard for brandon Ingram Grady Dick, two unprotected first round picks, one first round pick swap, and two second rounders. Adam, we just got the details on the unprotected first round picks. What years are those? Let's inform the listeners who might not be watching us on YouTube dot com Shack Clippers podcast. How'd you see those unprotected first round picksar.
Speaker 2: Uh One is five years out in twenty thirty one, the other is seven years out in twenty thirty three. And I don't know how Lauren Trank was able to do that. First of all, the Raptors haven't given up multiple first round picks in a trade, I guess since nineteen ninety eight or something. They just never do it. He got to they're both unprotected, and they're both that far out when initially Brett Siegel thought there were twenty seven and twenty nine picks. This is incredible work. This changes this franchise's fortunes. Possibly you can get in a mix on any trade with any superstar now because how valuable these picks are the Clippers.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about kind of the era of Kawhi in a few but the Clippers now have six. Not only do they have Brandon Ingram, who is regular season gonna be a good contributor offensively, We're gonna as the days go, we're gonna break down with this team looks like now team wise, But if you're a fan of defensive minded basketball, I don't think next season is going to necessarily be for you. We'll talk players in a sec, but the Clippers now have six tradeable firsts, two twenty twenty nine's, two twenty thirty ones, and two twenty thirty threes. I mean, I was feeling pretty good about the trade before the you know, the the full details of the trade or of the draft picks came out, but I feel great. I'm excited for this new era. I said it on Clippers talk. I think yesterday Sunday that this era is it's it's over. That is over. That is all over. Now we have a more we have a younger team, we have crazy assets. We're able to do more in free agency. Like I I'm giving the trade as of five oh six pm June thirtieth, I'm in an a I feel great about this than you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just listened to a Raptors fan given an A plus for the Clippers, being as he was dumbfounded that the picks ended up being that far out. I mean, they are crashing out now. Raptors fans, they can't believe it. This trade just it flips the trade. It honestly does. Raptors fans first of all thought, oh, you're only getting one. You don't have any leverage here, Like, there's no other team to negotiate with. How are you going to get two picks out of us? They got to. They also got a pick swap, and those two first round picks are five and seven years out. This is amazing work by the front office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we I think most Clippers Pundon's fans everybody was like, yeah, one first round pick, that's not gonna happen like the front office wouldn't even do that, and the front office was communicating that it seemed like as much as they could of like this, this brandon ingram, which you know that's it's because of the track. He's got what forty million in the next two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's forty million. But guess what if you want to get out of it now, you could throw a pick in and go here, we need to clear this for this other guy we're bringing in, right, they can get out of that contract easily.
Speaker 3: Yes, it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just it's it's very good work by by Lawrence Frank in the front office. It's pretty great. And now we do there's so much wiggle room. Oh yeah, Kobe Sanders resigned too. That's kind of just a nice little cherry on top of today.
Speaker 2: Kobe Sanders, great work there. He's basically making the minimum for the next four years, but only two were guaranteed. I mean, I'm assuming Jordan Miller is going to get something very similar. Those guys are getting better. That's huge value.
Speaker 1: And as someone else pointed out, we got two second round picks, which, hey, those are just thrown in for a bunch stuff. Now, it's great. We could get another Baba Miller. We could get another Nick Martin Elly. With those two second round picks.
Speaker 2: They might be able to get off of Brandon Miller with seconds. Honestly, Brandon Ingram sorry, they might be able to get out of They might be able to Yeah, I think they're keeping them. They might be able to get out of bus contract in that last year. Let's say he plays all of this year and then he's on expiring, because I think he is going to opt in unless the only reason he wouldn't is if he had some crazy good year. So he gets one hundred and fifty million plus dollars out of that, and therefore you be opting out anyways. But let's say assume he's opting in. Now he's in expiring forty, and you attach a bunch of seconds seconds to it. I think you need move that.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. A lot of people are asking if there's going to be any more moves before where we get into that. I tweeted out about the Kawhi Leonard era that the quiet era was pretty frustrating overall, but the highs really really hit. I think that's a fairly good one because like in frustration from the injury bug, frustration from some front office coaching player situations in terms of free agency. But the highs were great if you're a Clipper fan first question and commerce. Yes, it was disappointing obviously to not win a chip or get more accolades or whatever you wanted from this era, but the Highs were there. They were a fun time.
Speaker 2: I it's a weird thing to gauge because while at the same time, I think it's fair to say they failed at their objective and their mission, of course, and it would disappoint at times, it also simultaneously was the most successful era in the history of Clippers basketball because they still got to the Western Conference finals one year. That's not the be all end all. They won more. But I'm just saying that's it's strange.
Speaker 1: It is weird. It's a hard era to kind of pin down. But it's like, I mean, yeah, it's a it's difficult to win a championship. B We didn't know exactly what Shaye was going to turn into because if hindsight wasn't play, obviously that changes. But I mean, happy for Kawhi. He's going where he wants to go. They're going to give him an extension. The Clippers apparently never wanted to give him one or offered him one or on a talk there. But I'm happy he gets to go where he wants to go, and I'm happy those picture unprotected that far out.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. I think this is I don't know how this could have been better like that realistically, I don't know how this could have been better. Now those picks are franchised. If you got him in twenty the initial report was twenty seven and twenty nine, I was like, Okay, I get it, you didn't have leverage, but I still I still thought you had to do it. It's fine, I get it. The Raptors are going to be really good those years. Probably, I don't know what they're gonna look like in twenty thirty one or twenty thirty three. Joseph, you're gonna give l Frank his flowers. That was beautifully done.
Speaker 4: I think I think he did a good job under the circumstances, especially for the fact that Kaui is thirty five.
Speaker 2: I think he did a good job. Broh the picks being that far out, this is Inese.
Speaker 4: I agree, It'll be right at the end of Wemby's reign, which is really exciting.
Speaker 5: No, I think I think it's good work.
Speaker 1: We're gonna use I think flip into a Webby trade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: You thought Lawrence Frank was cooking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still in the kitchen now.
Speaker 5: They're definitely.
Speaker 4: You know, it's bittersweet, right because the two one three era was the most promising era of Clipper basketball I think in terms of what we could have done.
Speaker 5: It also, you know, it had its really high highs.
Speaker 4: Chuck and I we were talking about this a little bit earlier, had very high highs, a lot of really fun moments, gave the team belief that we could actually win a title, which is not something that we really had felt other than maybe what twenty fifteen. I was in the middle to take my daughter's here all along back on later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, sounds good. Sometimes you gotta do dad duty, and sometimes the Clippers make a great trade. So we're gonna go ahead and hide Joseph because I don't think, Yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's just a weird thing to sort through your emotions. It's bittersweets, an easy way to put it. There were great highs, there were low lows. There was success, but there was overall it failed. But you understand taking that swing and taking that opportunity and if there's another Finals MVP that's in his prime, that becomes available, another guy who was a top five player that year, I think you have to make the same move for a rookie average ten points per game. Yeah, in Mark this time, I think probably eight out of ten times at least that ends up with you winning a championship. Unfortunately, there was the time.
Speaker 1: There was a pandemic that kind of threw things off. If you throw that into the whole thing, that wasted a pretty good year of the Clippers and things like that. But yeah, I think Carl Tart's gonna hop on into Sec.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 1: How are we feeling about Brandon Ingram now? Fit wise, he's coming, I mean offensively. We know what he can do. We've seen him do it against the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I think you really have to think about where that bringing Benedict Mathn back or their Demark DeRozan rumors like I don't think Demart Rosen and Brandon Ingram can play.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they cannot share the floor together.
Speaker 1: That would be a nightmare. Where would they not.
Speaker 2: Do I'm not sure Benedict and brand can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, someone had a funny.
Speaker 2: I'm not against it because he's so young. I'm just saying, like, if they do it now, that's something you have to consider, dude.
Speaker 1: Think about the defense. It's tough, right you like Garland Woggler, Matherin Ingram, Grady Dickum. Assuming he's gonna get some playing time, he's not good at defense. They bring Christin back. That happened today yesterday, But defensively, this is not gonna be the teams of Quasi Yore on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's a better chance now they keep DJ and Done and there's a better chance that Benedict isn't retained.
Speaker 1: I don't know, yeah, because I mean, if you're choosing between John Collins and Benedict Mather and I'm taking Collins.
Speaker 2: But Collins may just get too much. I don't know, Like if he's getting a long term deal that's like four years, I'm not doing that. I don't know. If I do pass two.
Speaker 1: For Collins, let me check.
Speaker 2: His age again, nine twenty eight. It's just like I'm looking at guys to he's thirty. I'm just trying to think, Okay, how much is it going to cost? What could that hold you back from going after later on? And is this guy going to be a part of the next team that's contending for a championship with the Clippers, you know, Yeah, there's there's a whole thing of we want to be good still, we don't want to tank. There's still no point in that they don't have their twenty twenty seven pick. But you also have to consider taking a slight step back to give more minutes to young guys, to get them ready to see if they can become championship level contributors. Yeah, that's a difficult dance.
Speaker 1: Joseph, we're talking Brandon Ingram's fit on the Clippers, and Adam has made the good point of someone like Brandon Ingram you can theoretically you can work some minutes in for the young guys if things aren't working. How are you feeling about the b I fit assuming he remains a member of the Clippers.
Speaker 3: So so we we've we've talked about this.
Speaker 4: I quietly like Brandon Ingram as a player, very quietly, very quiet.
Speaker 2: But why so quiet? Well, because because word on the street is, according to multiple reports, that tylu and Jeff Van Gundy hate Brandon Ingram's guns.
Speaker 6: I mean, they think this guy cannot play basketball.
Speaker 1: It's crazy how much.
Speaker 2: But they've seen him cook them many times. Yeah.
Speaker 7: But you know what's funny is is you know Long got the nugget.
Speaker 1: He put the truth out there. I think he put too much.
Speaker 6: Of the reporting out there actually, and they were like, yeah, we coached this guy, he sucked and like that.
Speaker 5: Mhm.
Speaker 1: So the coaching staff fit. I don't know if that's I think they'll overcome that, I hope. So now it's their job to do it.
Speaker 2: I like the player.
Speaker 3: I think he can be a floor raizer.
Speaker 6: The team clearly isn't trying to lose a million games, you know, but there should be enough of an opportunity. I actually think it's better for Woggler to develop on a team that's fine than bad. Absolutely, they're going to be decent, you know what I mean. He's he maybe he gets a taste of the playoffs. I don't know, but I think it's I don't I don't think the floor is much lower than it was.
Speaker 3: Before the end of last season.
Speaker 1: Welcoming to the stream.
Speaker 3: Carl Tart, how are you doing? You out of Kawhi jersey? What a couple hours ago to bring I got? I went to the Team store was having a sale this morning. I said, let me get down there. I'm finally gonna do it. After after seven years, I'm finally gonna get a Kawhi jersey. It's finally gonna happen. Wow, what did I do?
Speaker 1: Strikes again?
Speaker 3: What did I do? Wait a minute, Adam, what up? How are you feeling?
Speaker 2: I feel I'm ecstatic after seeing where those first round picks land. The Clippers have the ability to try to go after any superstar that becomes available. Now I'm talking and in the next couple of years, what if things don't work out with Jokics this year, they have six picks they can trade, and they got two that are far enough out that they're going to be very valuable. They're so far out that we could have a different lottery system at that time because they can reform it after twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Let's not put any of that into the air. That feels like we're twenty thirty one. Yeah, yeah, it's all one round.
Speaker 2: Well, nobody knows what it's gonna look like.
Speaker 3: They're gonna do cold envelope again, frozen envelope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, some people think are picks as valuable? Now are they less valuable? I don't know what are they going to look like after they change the system again in twenty twenty nine. But I don't know what the raptors are going to look like in twenty thirty three.
Speaker 1: I'm being yelled at by my Yeah, you're taking care of your children.
Speaker 8: You should get out of here, Joseph Bryan, What I know?
Speaker 3: Kid? He does?
Speaker 1: Carl, how are you feeling out? The Kawhi era is over? Are you excited for?
Speaker 3: Is it official? Or are we still working on this deal?
Speaker 1: It's official, it's done.
Speaker 3: It's done in of an era. Man. You know, I don't think I ever did buy a Kawhi jersey. You didn't.
Speaker 1: I think I advised the A.
Speaker 3: I bought three pg A PJ. Tucker A PJ. Tucker A, not a Norman Powe A. I never got a Chris Paul. Ain't that something?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna get a Grady Dick jersey?
Speaker 3: No? I don't. I don't participate in those activities.
Speaker 1: I was looking at.
Speaker 3: Buying a jersey as a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a rough bit. I was looking up a couple threads that were, like, what happened to Grady Dick on Toronto Round?
Speaker 3: He just he doesn't play anymore.
Speaker 1: He I saw a bunch of comments that were all basically along the line of, like his three point shooting fell off a cliff, but kind of unfortunately, because he's only really here to shoot the three, everything else in his game did kind of get a little bit better, Like everyone's like, he became a better defender and a better interior finisher, but he's not hitting threes. So maybe the Clippers can turn that around. I'm wondering what I mean. He's a bench guy obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looked pretty damn good a couple of years ago. Uh, yeah, he cooked us a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: He shot his rookie year, he was I think thirty six percent on four attempts a game, and then he was thirty five percent on six attempts per game. So it's like it wasn't bad, but he shot thirty last year.
Speaker 2: He's also a good slasher. He gets downhill and gets to the basket. Yeah, remember when the Clippers they played the Raptors and just got smoked a couple of years ago. The Raptors are playing in really high temple and stuff, and the Clippers are just like two steps behind. Great Dick was a part of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joseph ry Award is back. What's going on over.
Speaker 5: There, dude, I'm being accosted by a.
Speaker 3: One and a half year old he's what's happening over.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she just refused to let me do this. I just want to say I'm excited. I'm excited for what's next. I hope there are more moves made. I think we signed Peyton Watson. I'm excited for what the team looks like next year.
Speaker 1: What is with Okay, that's good the Peyton Watson thing. Where does he fit? Who are we trading?
Speaker 3: I don't know nobody.
Speaker 2: He's twenty three. He could be an absolute star I put out there. I texted Joseph this too. I'm The offer I'm making is three years, ninety million dollars, is a two plus one with a player option on the last year. And let's see if Denver wants to match. I can at least make them have to pay for it.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 2: I watched his January pretty closely. People are looking at you know why you only average fourteen points per game? Yeah, look at the guys he's playing next to the majority of the time. When Jokics was out, when Aaron Gordon was out, he averaged twenty one points in January. He won Western Conference Player of the Week. He contributed to winning games and weren't empty numbers. And he's already a great defender.
Speaker 7: You know, My whole thing is, if you win Western Conference Player of the Week, that's an easy thirty mil a year.
Speaker 1: You win one, Carl you if you win how many Western Conference Players of the Weeks does someone have to win for you to give him a thirty million dollars a year contract. That's a good threshold.
Speaker 3: How many weeks in the season? Yeah, how many of those could you win it?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna guess good, twenty four.
Speaker 3: Three seasons worth twenty five weeks. I mean three seasons worth seventy five weeks.
Speaker 1: They got to be three time MVP.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then what if.
Speaker 5: What if they're the in season tournament MVP? How much money are we giving them?
Speaker 2: Well? I do in tournament win. I won the championships, so.
Speaker 1: I do like the Clippers chance.
Speaker 3: It was a rematch with the season tournament.
Speaker 1: I feel like brandon Ingram is going to bring it in the nd season tournament. I don't know how.
Speaker 5: I like brandon Ingram, I like him.
Speaker 3: I like brandon Ingram too. I think we're gonna get I think Keaton Keaton Woggler is a brandon Ingram style player in in in in speed, Yeah, speed wise for sure.
Speaker 5: Snail's pace next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you thought you thought.
Speaker 9: Ladies and gentlemen positive metaphor positive.
Speaker 2: They're going to have Darius Garland pushing the pace. So I'm not really worried about that.
Speaker 1: But Cherry on defense, Yeah, the defense is a little rough. Projected starting lineup when healthy, let's call it Garland as of now, Garland, Woggler, random Ingram, Derek Jones Junior.
Speaker 7: John John Hollinger said it has to be the lowest combined am I of any starting five in NBA history.
Speaker 1: We are a skinny team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say this. The Raptors had a better offensive rating and defensive rating with Brandon Ingram off the floor last year, which is a little bit concerning.
Speaker 8: So did you say off I wish we would have got Colin Murray, Boyles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they weren't on the table.
Speaker 3: So you know what, I really what it really is. And I hope there's no fans of other teams watching this right now, because what it really is is just like Clippers, Please don't get hold again, Please don't get hold again. And I'm looking at this trade and we got a lot of nice picks in there. I'm I'm happy for that, but it feels that we got hold again because we were like, no, no, we're not, we will not. We don't want brandon Ingram, we don't want him. We want Colin Murray, Boss and the and the Raptors were like new New.
Speaker 1: They kind of have a curse vo us are they relating?
Speaker 7: It is Toronto all of a sudden in French Canada always has been, always has been good.
Speaker 1: I don't think we got home.
Speaker 2: That was never an option, Carl. I'm sorry. It would have been nice, but it was never an option.
Speaker 3: I just wanted us to stand I just wanted us to stand strong and not go for what they were just giving us. And it looks like we went for what they were giving us.
Speaker 2: They did, they negotiated to get picks that are later on at first it was one first round pick. They ended up getting two in a pick swap. And the two they got are not next year and two years from now, they're five years and seven years from now.
Speaker 3: All right, all right? Seven years is so long?
Speaker 2: Right when the Raptors aren't just good.
Speaker 1: Out of the league? Oh what also is affected at all of this? And we can say it, first of all, finish up the aspiration investigation. Please, for the love of God, can we stop it? It's been a year.
Speaker 5: Someone tell Paulo's wrong?
Speaker 1: Is there less heat on us saw somehow? Because they're clearly not punishing Kawhir. I don't think they would have let Kwai be traded and with an extension in place, how many of these first round picks we're gonna we're gonna get a use? I guess uh, I need the ship to be over with.
Speaker 5: I don't think they can take pics from us that aren't ours.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know what they can do.
Speaker 2: I mean the picks they would take, Yeah, are the Clippers twenty thirty and twenty thirty two if it came down to that.
Speaker 3: For Peyton Watsing.
Speaker 1: No for the aspiration stuff. Oh, I was when.
Speaker 4: When we skirt the aspiration stuff and then Tampa with Peyton Watson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they will take it from us and.
Speaker 3: We see that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so that scheme worked. We'll do it. We'll do it again.
Speaker 5: Peyton. Let me let me introduce you to smash Moration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hayden, I got to ask. I'll hire you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have an LLC. It loses money. All I have a couple of businesses. At all they do is lose money. We could use you, Heart and Fanboy in the chat saying the clips did good. Yeah, I'm I'm excited, like I'm we got Kobe Sanders back. Like you said, Joseph, We're not gonna be bad. We're gonna be like kind of chaotically five hundred you think, so be a little above it, but I'll.
Speaker 3: Take I would take the under next season. When I'm doing my preseason, I think we're gonna which I'm happy about.
Speaker 5: I don't see it right now. They have no incentive to be bad.
Speaker 1: Right, so they're gonna put there like right now the roster is like a little bit about five hundred.
Speaker 7: Team right yeah, yeah, eight nine, ten seed in the last two at best.
Speaker 3: Probably Now, I do like this Kobe Sanders deal. Oh yeah, and and and and I and I hope, I hope and pray that he is developing and becoming a better version of what he was last year and gonna get better of you because we got him for a really good deal.
Speaker 1: And I yeah, I said that last year. I was like, I'm excited for his off season, for what he looks like after an off season of getting twenty minutes a game, you know, like he's got a better idea of how to prepare now.
Speaker 7: And have you gone have you got in public with your opinion of eton logwag Me as it pertains to our current discussion, Adam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've said before that I feel like he has some Kobe Sanders in him, and that's a little bit worrisome with his movement, the way he has to use his off arm so much to get gain separation. He obviously has a bunch of other stuff that's different, but in that way, there are similarities. Hey, I don't be I'm the only one.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying. We have two key Wanglers now on the roster.
Speaker 2: If Kobe Sanders in his ceiling was what he did last season, and we know he can play better on this deal. That's still a good deal.
Speaker 5: I guess he's an NBA level rotation player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dimond in.
Speaker 2: The rough, he'd be a first round pick if they redrafted now.
Speaker 1: Kobe needs to develop more moves. That's what we're saying, though, Ray, Like, I think Carl was saying basically kind of this, like what did his offseason look like?
Speaker 3: What is going to be.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily a whole new player, what has he improved on right? Like? Is he making better decisions? I've seen no off season content which leads me to believe he's probably doing the right things, or he's worse, he'll be way worse, or he's doing bullshit drills he's doing like he has like fake trainer drills.
Speaker 5: Going him and lethal shooter are in the lab.
Speaker 1: Dude, if I saw Kobe Sanders on a lethal shooter thing, I'd be like, oh good, they're shoot in the basketball to moving train or something like this.
Speaker 2: If he is more athletic Kyle Anderson, Hey, that's fine, that'd be that'd be just fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anathetic Kyle Anderson is not Kyle Anderson.
Speaker 5: The whole point is Kyle Anderson slightly.
Speaker 3: Grady Digg is out the door today? Who said that Paul Sheher thinks he's out the door today, that that we don't keep him. I mean, I don't think we do either. He doesn't now I want to keep him.
Speaker 1: He does nothing for us where.
Speaker 3: I hate room for this team because every everything that happens, I can I could, I could absolutely hate a guy on this team. And as soon as somebody's like, we'll take him, I'm like, wait a minute, what hold on this? Are you trying to fleece me? It's never there's never any just there's never anything.
Speaker 1: I trade him to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, no, I trade him.
Speaker 1: You take my picks the worst GM in the league. Just so, this is a good graphic that I think illustrates kind of why Grady Dick might be gone. We got a long way to go here.
Speaker 4: Like, uh, is this is this Law Murray's famous depth chart, famous depth chart.
Speaker 5: Lamar And loves the depth chart.
Speaker 1: He does, And I appreciate the depth charts. But we got the starting five figured sure, but they're like, truly, this is I think a good representation of where does Grady Dick fit on this roster in terms of real playing time. They're gonna give him running training camp.
Speaker 5: Does he have Keaton off the bench?
Speaker 1: I actually agree with that for the start, he has Keaton running the show off the bench as opposed to playing the two guard compliment to Garlands enhance the start. Who are you his dad? He can play where ever he wants. I think I think starting him his point in the on the bench as a path he's better at. He's more comfortable doing that. It's what he did the whole year at Illinois.
Speaker 5: Oh man, you just you just took him at the fifth pick. Let him start. I'm not expecting greatness, but let him start. Let him play thirty five minutes a game.
Speaker 1: Quasi greatness? Yeah, Adam, would we wave? Would we just wave? Grady dig say bye?
Speaker 2: Well, it's seven million expiring. He's due for a contract extension. I don't know. I at least get him in a training camp. But he's just using another he's using another trade here, like I salary filler. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, the expiring he can go like prove that he should get another deal. But they still, I mean, they still need a bunch of guys.
Speaker 2: He probably has looked at the Clippers' roster and knows it's not the greatest situation to rebuild his value.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's got in with Cam Christie. Is Paul Sheer hyped on the trade?
Speaker 2: Carl?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Arrow, everybody in that group chat is hyped on the tree. They're excited.
Speaker 2: Falls it's a new era.
Speaker 1: It's the Darius Garland era. Who's the face of this team?
Speaker 5: Keler right now?
Speaker 1: It's me A good A good bit would be wheat pasting Carl's face on every clipper on the into It dome bridge. Yeah, that would be so funny. Don't do that if you're listening, don't make a simple wheat paste and print out, uh, a six foot tall black and white paper photo of Carl Tart.
Speaker 5: When we say don't, we mean you absolutely do not do not do that.
Speaker 3: But if you do some picture they us take a screen shot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and we got Boba, Miller and Martinelli.
Speaker 3: Yes, Byby Miller. Now that is who I'm excited for. Also, what's his name? Martinelli, Sam Martinelli, Nick Martinelli. Yeah, Yes, I like these guys. I watched Nick Martinelli's Uh he's a hard he's a hard baller. He plays hard, he plays hard, and he he may dribble to the basket with his head down. Sometimes he holds the ball like this when he shoots. Yeah, so you don't.
Speaker 5: See next Hawhi question mark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he goes he may hold he may hold hold the ball like he's about to bowl it down the alley.
Speaker 1: The defenders going, is that my hand? No, Bobba Miller, his ball skills are crazy.
Speaker 3: Hey, yo, uh, I'll say it.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: There's some the fact that somebody handles the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some very positive thoughts about Bobby Miller on online and it was getting me hype.
Speaker 1: Oh, people were mad that we disrespected him.
Speaker 3: What y'all say?
Speaker 1: We didn't say anything disrespectful. We said we're excited to watch him play in the Summer League and that I hope his three point shot gets better. Because people think he's a power forward, which I don't quite think he's a power forward.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 1: He weighs two hundred pounds and he has not had.
Speaker 5: A isn't he like seven feet tall?
Speaker 1: He's six eleven. Bro, He's like, what is this?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 5: Nineteen eighty three?
Speaker 3: Why before thank you?
Speaker 1: I'm like, and it's fine that he's the center he's a crazy athlete. Yeah, distribute and connect, like it's not bad to be a center. Like he just he had one good.
Speaker 3: Shooting year.
Speaker 1: And maybe we can get that back. But like his summer league's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 5: I love it when when Laura says it's night. It used to be fake.
Speaker 4: Stretch fives like six seven six a guys that couldn't really shoot that.
Speaker 3: He was like, oh, this is our stretch five.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and now it's highly athletic raw centers.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah. He' said can you just.
Speaker 9: Jump forty five feet in the air And he's like, yeah, okay, I'm gonna draft you.
Speaker 1: We got Yannick right, he's one for one.
Speaker 2: I think that's like the one position where you should instead of going for Like Keon Johnson when he said when he talked about recently functional athleticism, the immediate thing I thought it was, Oh, this is about Keon Johnson, like athleticism that actually translates to the game.
Speaker 5: There there was a.
Speaker 4: Room there of just absolutely dreadful picks, just absolutely horrific picks.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I was about to put my Daniel Otuu card down.
Speaker 3: Oh yo two room, oh Tuu Keon Johnson.
Speaker 5: Everybody tried to tell me he was good.
Speaker 1: That guy sucked.
Speaker 3: I want to On Johnson be good. He had so much bounce in college.
Speaker 1: Jay Scrub.
Speaker 5: Scrub.
Speaker 3: I wanted Jay Scrub to be good.
Speaker 1: So Dave Scrub was the first player I ever first, that only player I've ever seen watching a game.
Speaker 3: In the press box.
Speaker 5: I remember that.
Speaker 1: We were like, what the hell is.
Speaker 5: He just hanging around?
Speaker 1: Just hanging around upstairs? There is a hole. Why are you in the elevator?
Speaker 3: Why are you here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you get it?
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna have to throw away my cherries.
Speaker 1: Are you hype for a supper league? Hype Baba Miller is gonna be fun to watch the summer League.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go, You're gonna go, I'm gonna go. Hell Yeah, is clips and dip going.
Speaker 5: That's what the chat wants to know.
Speaker 1: Oh Fie forgot about. People were legend, people were hyped.
Speaker 2: He was I like that pick no, no, no, he could block shots, a shoot from three, but none of it translated.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Xavier Moon in college, Oh vier.
Speaker 1: Er move the greatest, the greatest Canadian professional basketball player of all time.
Speaker 3: They renamed the MVP. Award after him, didn't they in the c B. I didn't realize he was from Canada.
Speaker 7: He's from he just played in Canada, Carl, I don't think he's.
Speaker 3: From We follow each other on Instagram. He followed me back. That's the only player that's ever followed me back on that.
Speaker 1: Really, that's crazy follow.
Speaker 5: Me hang on.
Speaker 1: He's holding a grudge. Clips into the pass to go to Sunner League. I don't know that's too hot. They canceled the Spirit flights. I'm not driving the.
Speaker 5: Summer League one night, all of us.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: From the Belazio, Yeah, from the Fountain, just absolutely.
Speaker 1: I'm loving the free agency so far. The Jordan Miller deal should be done soonish. Yeah right, well, Adam, I can't imagine anything that would hold that up.
Speaker 2: Probably getting the same thing as Kobe. It's fine.
Speaker 5: I think it depends on if we get Nayan Watson.
Speaker 6: M hmm.
Speaker 2: Well, if Denver gets scared off by thirty million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's their cap situation?
Speaker 3: Do they have the money?
Speaker 2: They have been resistant to going over the second Apron, which is a big criticism of the Conkys in Denver and maybe why Jo Kisch has yet to sign his contract.
Speaker 1: Extension, Yokic coming to the Clippers would be absolutely hilarious because he is Carl's least favorite player of all time.
Speaker 3: Seriously, Carl, you hate him?
Speaker 7: Do you hate him like I hate Steph though, Like if I rooted for him my whole life, I would.
Speaker 3: Love racism probably, Yeah, Okay, you know my hate is not based in like actual real hate. It's just that he destroys us. Well, I do, and I'm not trying to. I'm not trying to get into this right now or I can because I'm about to get off. But I do think there are moments of his game and and Adams about to about to shooting to the ceiling when I say this, it's that dumb uh see you already already ready for the gun away. But the gun. We haven't had the gun come out in a while. But I think, I think, I think there are aspects of his whole character that are overrated. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This character.
Speaker 3: Of the character is more than basketball of the character that he is on the basketball court, and some of that involves certain elements of his play. And I just think the way they talk about him sometimes it gets a little it's a little over killy. Sometimes it's just a little bit like all right, man, like he's good man, let's we get it.
Speaker 5: Fu, I've gotta jump guys. My dollar wants me to DJ for her.
Speaker 3: I'll talk to you later. Nice, that's the door. We'll have a good set. I know, I know. He's probably your favorite player of all time. At him.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's stereotyping.
Speaker 3: You probably think you probably think he's.
Speaker 2: The white guy Adam and his analytics. Of course he likes you, Okay. So typically Brown is the seventh best player on the Boston Celtics too.
Speaker 1: Do you think we make a move for Jayalen Brown? People have been chattering about that now because we were kind of connected to it, and now they're like, we can re route brandon.
Speaker 8: Ingram to Boston the Celtics that I don't think the Celtic no for brandon Ingram, Damn the trades.
Speaker 3: It's good. I'm just having a.
Speaker 1: We got glow Rilla. Now to her and Chuck the Condor gonna interact. That's fun. See this ups the chances.
Speaker 3: Of get that bird away from me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this ups the chances of her and Steve ballmer like being in the same elevator, which is funny.
Speaker 3: Who this bird? Get that bird away from me?
Speaker 1: I think they've interacted before. I'm ninety percent sure they know each other. Gorilla and Chuck the condor. Damn it, all right, maybe they don't. Maybe I'm making that up in my head for some reason. So you're what you're giving the trade? What like a B minus?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, you see me down all that. I don't know, man, I'm just like, this is a hard life.
Speaker 1: It's weird too that the choir is over. Yeah, but I'm happy with the refreshing start.
Speaker 2: I get it because they didn't get an obvious, like young potential star player out of it. Brandon Ingram's gonna be like twenty nine December and he's been in the league for a while. But man, those picks are worth a lot, and I can't believe they pulled that off.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's more like a trade that's like exciting in when they use the picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna lead to something else eventually. Yeah, and then you'll look at, Okay, what's everything they actually got out of this?
Speaker 3: We'll watch We'll watch brandon Ingram destroy the mid range.
Speaker 2: He is good there, My god, he.
Speaker 1: Is really good. Now I'm interested to see how Van Gundy deals with this because he has a tough task.
Speaker 2: What was did Murray? I didn't see the thing about him. I mean, I know I read one report from Clutch Points initially that was like, they're not interested in brandon Ingram. He's been offered before. I think they used him as leverage to get more picks. Like, if we're taking on brandon Ingram's contract, then you better pay up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, Kenny, they bench on the Quest didn't like the trade bench on the question.
Speaker 2: Damn what what was this earlier today? Was yesterday?
Speaker 3: What was up earlier today? Let me see.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it was after we found out about where the picks land.
Speaker 1: I had to block bench on the Quest. I was like, stop sending me petitions to fire Tyler.
Speaker 3: This one was fire Lawrence S. Frank. Four hours ago the Snake Lawrence Frank traded Kawhi Leonard back to Toronto for brandon Ingram Grady Dick two first round picks first round swam up in two round, two second round picks, Fire Lawrence Frank.
Speaker 2: Interesting, that was still before we found out where the picks land. Maybe maybe he's like only half wanting him fired.
Speaker 3: Now I don't know, And Snowman flows and says, first of garbage trade, first of garbage draft, then a garbage trade.
Speaker 1: Man there in the hell. This is a great point from Jeffrio one to two seven. I don't know if I'm the first one to say this, but Brian Semen was on fire with the Amir coffee puns. What will he do with Grady Dick? The possibilities are endless. Yeah, it would be funny if they let him do like an alt stream for the summer league.
Speaker 3: This next person, user c Y two ZP nine r L eight B says, I know that everyone upset about this trade. Cheer up and watch some Narcisius and GOI highlights Narcissi. Now here's the deal about Narcissi. Is he gonna have Is he gonna have to play for us? Is he gonna have to play for us? Or can he? No?
Speaker 1: We just have his rights if he if he, I mean, if he plays for Auburn and then declares after the season he's ours, right? Is that how it works out?
Speaker 3: We were getting We were getting roasted for that for some reason.
Speaker 2: I mean, if he's playing in the NBA, he's playing for US.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we like we draft and he's the first college player to be draft and stashed since Larry Bird.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: I got a recent watch regular season called basketball.
Speaker 1: It's still not roping me in. I don't know what yes in this. In this instance, I am a stop. All right, we should get out of here. There's a very Uh, there's a big ass soccer game about tappen, So I'm gonna go watch. Carl Your final thoughts on the trade.
Speaker 3: My final thoughts on the trade are I'm still a fan of the team, and I'm gonna be a fan.
Speaker 2: Not the greatest endorsement. I'm still here or whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm still here. I want to see something, man, I want to see what other moves we're gonna make. I want to I'm excited for a rebuild. It's hard to end like change is hard, especially when you were for a team like this, like whereas like nothing ever seems like the thing that's gonna When when the thing that seems like it's gonna get us over the hump doesn't, then maybe the thing that doesn't necessarily feel like it's gonna get us over the hump. We'll do that. And this is our first I think this is our first real rebuild in the Steve Balmer era. Am I? Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Or well? I think it's more similar maybe to like after they trade Blake and there was a year and a half there before they got Kawhi and Paul George. You know, m h that was kind of like a retooling.
Speaker 3: But weren't we like, weren't we just like in veteran hell during that year? I love those guys. That was a fun team.
Speaker 2: Well, they definitely have some more veterans, but the I mean they had Landry, they had Sga for a year, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Tobias the greatest six man.
Speaker 2: We had young.
Speaker 3: Young Zoo. Well, hey, I'm hyped if everybody else is hyped, so let's go me.
Speaker 1: Let's go Adam. Let's get a positive thing to send these Clippers fans out into.
Speaker 2: This What's wrong with you? You just made that up?
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's been your thing on the pod. That's how things happen. Someone makes them up and then you do that.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to make it act. I was just trying to make it seem like you didn't like, Carl's positive. No, this is something we always do. Carl, it is true. I mean there's a lot to be positive about now. I think the amount of options the Clippers have, like they can get in on any superstar that becomes available at some point, and we could not say that a few days ago. They went from having the up or bear with draft picks to where we're like, oh, we won't have any draft picks. Oh, now they have nine till twenty thirty three. I mean that is a stark contrast to what we've been dealing with the last seven years. So appreciate Kawhi. This is cool.
Speaker 1: Appreciate Kawhi. I hope he has fun in Toronto. Toronto as they would say it there. Thank you for hanging out on the stream. If you're listening and you miss the stream, you can find us at YouTube dot comish at Clippers Podcast, hit subscribe, hit that bell thing, and you'll know when we go live. Probably going to do or definitely going to do another episode next week. Yeah, here's to the new era and as always, let's go clips