Speaker 1: Hi, uh you.
Speaker 2: I am granned from my spotless little kitchen in the suburbs. Well out of day time is here again, and I've had many requests to give a wonderful recipe.
Speaker 1: For my spicy fruit cake. You know that secret. Well, let's get down of business.
Speaker 2: We're started by digging out a great on big mixing ball like what I got here, the better this one.
Speaker 1: I made the.
Speaker 2: Ceramics classes the women's House for correction. M that's when I was younger, all at a time. This ball majure's for me five feet across.
Speaker 1: I was in a long time. Let me offer good behavior.
Speaker 2: Well, we use a big old canoe paddle for a mixer. Now we're ready to put in all the secret ingredients. First, three pounds of deets. Next, two courts of brandy.
Speaker 1: And taste h. Three pounds of mixed nuts, two courts of brandy taste H.
Speaker 2: Three pounds of dried plums mixed well, three courts of brandy taste sads, really get that on holidays.
Speaker 1: You need come bad now.
Speaker 2: Two rounds of raisins, I mean two pounds of raisins, three courts of brandy.
Speaker 1: Taste spite of the lady.
Speaker 2: Zallly, I like the holidays, then proses cherries, five courts of.
Speaker 1: Brandy, I heck make it bad? What's the devil? Which mel? I mean mixed? Well, I'm sir and taste shazam. I'm gottain more.
Speaker 2: Mom, bring on Richard Burton, I don't who can't play jack?
Speaker 1: Fifteen courts are beautiful home. I fought like that went up with my mother in law. She lingering, lead over. Think about a thing.
Speaker 2: Now, the goney s it's a great place from holiday.
Speaker 1: I can't do the warrior homes with bounds of holly.
Speaker 2: I was gonna think, please, Daddy, don't get drunk this Christmas.
Speaker 3: That was seeing a daddy. That would have been perfect. Many of my listeners have heard that and probably heard it even before I was around. You know. My dad did that, recorded that, uh, and that's his own stuff, and he made that all up himself. And he was only if I recall correctly, I think it was like twenty two or twenty four years old. He was in his early twenty is when he did that Grannie's Holiday fruitcake. And Dad absolutely hated to hear that. Really, yeah, yeah, I don't know what it was about it I just but he didn't like it when we when he would be played, and Joe I might remember that the dad hated when when when we wanted to dust that off and play it and hear it. But Dad has no ability to tell me no. And of course Joe Strucker is the one responsible for pulling it out and queuing it up. And I appreciate that. That was my dad Granny's holiday fruitcake recipe. I lost count at thirty five courts of brandw That was a real family recipe too. Anyhow, seven thirty six and anybou Kearsny talks stations so good. The funk lines are open. Rob Riders here with his guitar. We're having fun today. If you got a holiday memory you want to share, you want to talk about politics. We got some time before the top of the hour when Mike Haisel, he is one of those German guys that's a Facebook site. He's going to tell us all about a German Christmas in New Year's event that's coming up at the more line now, so he'll join us after the top of the Aaron News. It is yeah, thirty seven thirty seven right now. If you have a casey the talk Station Susanne lows Camp's waiting for your call as well. Mortgages is what she is all about. In mortgages is what she has been doing for more than thirty five years. I want to up