Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to My Mind the Ball. Here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve.
Speaker 2: You're a break Yeah, Henry with some breaking news.
Speaker 3: Now, this is High on the Ball breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 4: Colorado head coach Deion Sanders signed a five year, fifty four million dollar contract extension earlier today to stay at Colorado.
Speaker 1: Huh yep, yeah, ten million dollars next year still leave more than ten minute.
Speaker 4: Whatever it was they could put him in that good the top ten of highest big coaches.
Speaker 2: His name is Dion Do what I say. I mean, he's one of the greatest athletes of all time.
Speaker 5: He's putting out an athlete a coach I think from a name standpoint and name recognition maybe not exis and.
Speaker 1: Any party made them a ton of money. He part not has, he definitely has.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: College basketball today, we've got Ole Miss Michigan State at four oh nine, Kentucky Tennessee at fort thirty nine, Michigan Auburn at six thirty nine, and Houston Purdue at seven.
Speaker 2: And Okay, so I'm gonna give you one of those game.
Speaker 1: Is both you guys up of the you know, the matchups probably up here, give me the sure bed of the day.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I mean this, This sweet sixteen is a little bit different because there's not I don't there's it was mostly it's pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all good. Yeah, Well, yesterday I thought yesterday. To me, to be fair, yesterday was the easier group to pick. You know, I have Florida, you had you had a duke realistically, yeah, Texas Tech, I figured they would ten versus the three, but markets I should have won that game. Uh, and then who's in Alabama played out of their mindset those full four today? I have no idea Tennessee versus Kentucky. I think Kentucky's beat them twice.
Speaker 2: Uh. Houston, I think Houston is the one.
Speaker 1: I would pick Houston over Purdue, just over Purdue, and give me the other two.
Speaker 2: Ole Miss, Michigan State, I don't know because all Miss is pretty good.
Speaker 1: And Michigan Auburn. Yeah, I think Auburn Auburn two. But the spread Auburn struggled on the stretch. I think Houston's probably your pick. Yeah, and that's what that's what I went with.
Speaker 2: The Houston spread is eight and a half. Yeah, I think that's I think that's probably spot one. Okay.
Speaker 4: Arizona softball pitcher Devin Nets pitched a perfect game yesterday versus b y U and a eight nothing Arizona win.
Speaker 2: And what else did you do? Hit a home run? A home run? Yeah? Oh tawny style? How was that? I mean, come on, how many times that you've heard that happen? Yeah? I mean you don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's not I don't want to say it's a rarity, well to have a two way player at that level, but I mean it's still pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: True, I'm sure it's happened a number of times before, but well, I hadn't heard one in a long time.
Speaker 5: I mean Paul Skans, Paul Skeens was a I mean he was a closer at Air Force and he dropped bombs, had a bunch of pumps.
Speaker 2: You guys know what pumps are? Home runs? No pumps baseball, Dido, Come on, guys, unbelievable Arizon trying to be cool. I don't need you don't know what I'm talking about? Man, what what up of that? Okay? But bad Mammagama?
Speaker 4: Yeah what Arizona Baseball will kick off a weekend series at home tonight at six pm versus Baylor.
Speaker 2: You covered that. I don't cover what do you cover anything? I covered some of the games. Yeah, oh yeah yeah. Have you seen them?
Speaker 1: They've been playing really well. Yeah yeah, but they was good. They just lost their I mean, arguably the best player.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: What happened? He punched the water cooler? Are you being serious? I am? Who was it? Where is it? Verry Hill?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Summer Summerhill?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very Hill. You baseball players, I know I've I've had my fair sharers of kicking. No. No, I usually just punched stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, punched the extinguish shirts, like very extinger shirt in my hand, went through the glass and I was like, that was how.
Speaker 2: Old were you?
Speaker 1: I was in the north Woods League, so I think that was my first year, so I was probably nineteen.
Speaker 2: Hm. Anyway, sorry, baseball players, That's why I love you. Yeah, because we're idiots.
Speaker 4: Ravens extended head coach John Harball through the twenty twenty eight season.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, is that breaking news? I mean I get it is, but I mean, what was it? I mean, that's the expected expectation, right, I mean they're not losing Harbot?
Speaker 2: Are you checking your phone? I'm checking for other stuff. Okay.
Speaker 4: The despite being in fifth place in the Western Conference standings, the Grizzlies fire their coach Taylor Jenkins today.
Speaker 5: I mean, we've talked about this on the show, like the turnover from an NFL and an NBA, especially NBA coaches like that carousel every single you're good, they're good. What's your expectation? Did he lose a clubhouse? Y players come together and say, sorry, we need a new coach. Can you ask me what's I don't know what's the reason.
Speaker 2: That's what I heard.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're forty three in Okay, so they're like the tie with the Lakers. They play yes tonight, and that's what I saw in the story that he lost the they're in the playoffs at number four, five five the time for four okay, So so here you are and your your coaches. I get it, though, if you lose the locker room, there's a potential that you're going to be whatever. And I'm sure you've been part of that right where you you plaid enough and you were a coach that that's very easy to do if you're not doing well, and that's the worst thing that could.
Speaker 5: Happen, and it's there's no way that you can get it back at this point, and at this point in the season, it's.
Speaker 1: Like a it's like a marriage and I'm bringing this. You want to go to a marriage councilor if you have to go to a marriage it's done.
Speaker 2: You're done. Yeah, And it's all.
Speaker 1: It's probably the worst thing you can say about a coach too, because I mean, he's got to go look for another job and that stigma is going to be with him and they're going to do their background work and that's that's a tough one to come over overcome.
Speaker 2: That's all I got.
Speaker 1: Okay, anything, did they sign anybody at the women's basketball I think they somebody was here that visited. Maybe you might have go to Azy Deserts work just to see because I think somebody had committed or signed or somebody in the last day or so. Because that that that that damn needs to be stopped.
Speaker 2: You know, the water.
Speaker 1: At least put a piece of gum in there something and see how long that lasts. Because there's just so many things. Can we talk about the signing co O Peede like this is a yeah, you know, you haven't done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why are we?
Speaker 5: Of course I don't want to lead in with it, but by any means, I mean, yeah, it's fine. It's a day old. I mean it was yesterday mornings and you didn't have a show yesterday, right? Today is not show? Today? Is that show?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 5: I mean on a scale from one to ten? Hey, how excited are you about the co opete signing.
Speaker 2: You as wrong? Not you? Okay, Henry? What's the question?
Speaker 5: My gosh, she's looking for you know, it's never a good thing when you ask a question. You look around the room and both of you guys are staring down. He's looking for news. Yeah, let me say the cope, go ahead.
Speaker 2: How surprising was no?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: One to ten? How How how excited are you for that signing? Probably nine?
Speaker 4: But if Carter Brant leaves in it might have to be a ten just because he fills a void that they deerate.
Speaker 2: How much of a fan are you? Your student here?
Speaker 1: You've been here, You're not from here, but you're you're How big of a fan are you?
Speaker 2: Out of ten? I'm probably like nine?
Speaker 1: Okay, So when you leave, we can we talk about wait wait, wait, wait, don't know about this. I'll transition badly. So when you leave this place, no matter where you go, how big of a fan do you think you'll be?
Speaker 2: Same? Probably the same, Samuel. I'm not going to go, but.
Speaker 1: Your numbers so that the a lumps can call you and ask you for money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead. No, I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 5: I was just talking about Hendry's expression, how big are event? I thought he was gonna say, like a one, like that's the expression, like Henry's that's Henry, I'd say and a half. I was like he's gonna say negative numbers with that expression of his face. So, yeah, you're right if if Briant leaves, that's a huge kid.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 5: So I mean, I don't know if you know much about co Pete, but three times yeah, you know, GATORAD player of the Year, four time state champion, Like that's a everybody's talking about buries and hopefully we still get a chance with here's my issue, here's my issue and people know that I'm your Yeah, yeah, of course. So you get this great guy, Colled Pete and he's a fantastic player in state. Guy he didn't go to issue yet A yeah, uh, I've covered this team for a long time, and like I said, day to day, for a number of years, I've seen a lot of talented players come through here, a lot of them. The Richard Jefferson's, the Gilbert's, the Mike Bibby's and blah blah blah, dere dere you know how many national titles they want?
Speaker 2: No, I I do your final list. If i'm if, I'm if, i'm if.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to channel my level of excitement based on the national excitement or national championship piece. That's mile though.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I had a discussion with another friend of mine who's text to be back and forth saying, I'm I'm miserable and I need to be happy. Okay, sure, and and I'm fine with that, but but I'm realistic too, and that's what I'm supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be doing here.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Okay, they could get five of them. We won't know how good those are until they get here and they play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're absolutely right. That's why I said the excitement about the recruitment. I didn't say how exciting, how good this team is going to be next year.
Speaker 1: That's the that's what everybody, everybody's excitement is about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm a Cubs fan, so I'm just used to being like going in the you know, we're going first game the season.
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, you guys got beat by Baltimore. Was no, we won yesterday?
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 5: We beat the Diamondbacks. You should we lost Dodgers two games in Japan though. Yeah, no, you know what I'm saying. It's okay, great, great, great, But what does this mean?
Speaker 1: We know?
Speaker 5: In nine months? I just thought it was. It was a good day all around. It was a fantastic morning fantasy listen until what until you play the best team in the country and you gave him everything you possible.
Speaker 2: And you lost.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, no, but that was a great, great time. It was a great day, no question, But you would rather won. Did you read my story today?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: I can't read. It's much like my It's like, did you know there's two people you know? For two Okay, that's I'm gonna call Henry from now on so he can meet. He can read the stories that you write. Don't they have the chat? You nailed a buddy, that's exactly what. Let it read it to you?
Speaker 1: I yeah, I don't I was, and I wax poetic on that story today, just that it would have been nice for them to win, to show them to to just kind of a significant significantly explain this program. They didn't, but it was okay. They paid well enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, here's the thing about what you write. I really want to read it, and sometimes I even pay you money to read things that you wrote. But you never come through and give me those things, like when I paid you cash for your book, but you never brought your book to me.
Speaker 10: I saw you twice a week.
Speaker 2: You don't have it. Put one in the mill yesterday. That's funny. Ye did I grab one? Why? Because I had to ask you. I ask you to come on the show yesterday was on a Wednesday. We did. You didn't have it last night?
Speaker 9: Yes night?
Speaker 2: Okay? God. You said I need somebody to look make me look better, and I'm in. I'll do it. You're in just as much as Dave Silvern most other people.
Speaker 5: Oh great, thanks, Uh, Henry, you're from New York. We're in New York, Manhattan, Manhattan Upper lower upper Upper Yeah. I was a Bay rich guy in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: So so you think once you leave here, no matter where you go you'll always be a nine out of ten you of a fan and all sports.
Speaker 4: Uh, definitely basketball, in football, the other sports. I mean you definitely follow them more when you're here than yeah, compared to like not being in town because if you.
Speaker 1: You right about them now for us or for whomever right, you probably wouldn't have done anything with them had you not written for us exact baseball or what are you?
Speaker 5: How often do you go to non basketball football games or matches? Like, how often do you go to a tennis match? I don't think of I never, I never have no either of I And it's I was just asking, so yeah, and then they're fantastic. Oh yeah, the men's the men's right, and the women are good.
Speaker 2: Men are really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and women. Sadly, I didn't go see the women's basketball team. Have them been there in a long time? I didn't go to the game this year, like everybody's you know, you have time, you don't have time. I mean, I'm doing three jobs and I do this and then I real, right, and then you go to sleep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and your male modeling career is slowly but surely, I like leveling out.
Speaker 1: Right me Like a lot of our listeners and including you have a face for radio. I am I never had model. You know what people say your hands are so soft? Well, I never worked the day of my life. I do this, but every single time you sit down, you get electricated.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: All right, Well anything else?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you were talking about earlier. Sophomore forward Joren Ross entered the Portal today.
Speaker 2: For another one. So we didn't get a kimpmentment, but we lost another place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I thought you went was incoming, not out going to another five total?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: Four or five? Right? Yeah? Yeah, I think it's five total, man.
Speaker 1: And then we still have to get a decision on what's going to be the future of the the program. I think, don't you think? I think so right? You need to have is she coming back? Is she not coming back?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I think listen, that decision has to be made as fast as possibly.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because of the world of the Portal now that you really need to be able to hit the ground running as soon as your last game.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something. So you were playing in thirteen ninety five. I'm joking from the last time we talked, would you have gone? Would you have if it was able for you to do it in Eastern. You played Eastern Eastern? Would you have jumped into the portal? Not at Eastern? I would have. I would have gone to Metro State. I would have You would not have, No, because the portal gives you opportunities for scholarship piece of it, which I mean they this was before nil, but they did pay me to go there. Uh so if I would have had chance, I mean, my original commitment was probably going to be to Texas a M or USF and uh, I mean I got paid to go to college, right, So from a financial standpoint, it was it was it was the best deal.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think probably at this point. Yeah, after being in the Northwoods League and seeing talent and where I was able to compete at, I would have entered that I would end the portal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so no, you understand that what people are going through obviously decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just think from a coaching standpoint, I don't know if I could coach today the way I used to, because not only do you have to coach to recruit, and when you also have to re recruit the same players you have.
Speaker 2: Were you tough or were you not tough? I don't use.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I mean, I mean I broke a lot of fungos and the chok a lot of clipworks, because really there was an expectation.
Speaker 2: And how did they respond?
Speaker 5: I think, I mean I was I was a I think I was fair. How did they respond well to that? Is it antiquated?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: I don't think you can. I think in this day and age, I don't think that coaching style gets you to the point where it used to, right. I think you look at the you look at college coaches today. I mean there's only one that comes to mind that still coaches like that, and that's Early and not not Early North.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not Bobby Danny any any mean not Well maybe I guess he still does. Uh yeah, Patino maybe a little oh that maybe maybe? Yeah, there's not In fact, I was thinking that when I was last week. I think when we saw Patino and the party, because all that all that generation of coaches are no longer here, right, Yeah? Anythink maybe that's coaching style, But I also think it's just I mean, it's not a game that attracts a lot of notches at this point and makes you want to stay in that position.
Speaker 2: Right, we gotta go? Yeah, let's go, I'll see it.
Speaker 8: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 12: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 8: Discover with Soul Casino, Dell Soul, the so of Tucson.
Speaker 2: Are you ready Enterprise of Fasco.
Speaker 13: Yuki Try The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets, available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for Monday to Go designs or creating a custom masterpiece.
Speaker 2: We can help you select the perfect.
Speaker 13: Wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot Com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 1: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom. It was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero four two three three.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 9: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 14: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve.
Speaker 12: Arizona Health the.
Speaker 7: Lead Madge and exercise equipment on twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 15: Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 12: Recognize your employees.
Speaker 15: Salespeople, managers and agents with the Creative Award from Creative Awards. It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items, and Creative Awards has over five hundred thousand products to choose from. Don't forget your corporate apparel for a great sharp look in twenty twenty five, visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Drackman or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 10: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five two oh six eight five six two six today, n MLS three oh eight seven, arizon A b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity.
Speaker 2: Got to commitment to.
Speaker 10: Lindrix syon credit rates and available loan programs or subject to change with nut notice.
Speaker 6: Did you know Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking to start or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best.
Speaker 12: In sports cards and trading card games.
Speaker 6: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere to Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 15: Richard Bacall Law Office, defending Arizonans for over thirty years and a Wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard Bacall five two oh seven to four to Zho twelve thirteen.
Speaker 12: Broud sponsor of Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 9: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. Tests can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Why is mining so important?
Speaker 16: It's the foundation of everything that defines the society. Everything you see is a product of mind, No matter when, no matter house, no matter why. Every society on this planet has developed, thrown, and modernized based solely on the interals of a process that's wilining is so important.
Speaker 12: Gobm dot com.
Speaker 13: If you're feeling overwhelmed by the thought of a home remodel, don't stress.
Speaker 12: The Window Depot is here to help.
Speaker 13: At the Window Depot, we're your one softwarehouse for everything you need for your next remodel. Windows, check doors, got it, cabinets, countertops, and everything in between. You'll find it all here at the lowest prices. Whether it's a kitchen, bathroom, or whole home makeover, our experienced designers are ready to bring your dream home to life, all at unbeatable prices. Find a location near you. Our shop online at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a Windows store.
Speaker 3: This is I on the Ball with Steve Ravira on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Subscribe now to the podcast iHeartRadio.
Speaker 12: WIF just search Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to Anna the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: I'm Steve Rivera. You're Black Eagert. Now on the phone.
Speaker 1: We have for you of a Cornerstone guy, Pete Williams Troy.
Speaker 17: Hey, I'm doing pretty good. Before we get started, don't want to ask you a question. Why is it on all these promos you guys only have me on their plant from eighty four to eighty five, as if only played one year at the you.
Speaker 1: No, it's you played eighty four to eighty five, nineteen eighty three to eighty four, and then eighty.
Speaker 17: Four saying that forever.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 17: This a little promo when you guys advertised it's gonna be on that day or whatever.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, Pete's right, you gotta fix this. I want to make a note.
Speaker 2: Pete isn't even like that forever man. Pete is a diva. Hold on him and write myself a note here.
Speaker 17: Hey, call it what.
Speaker 11: You want, but I just want to get.
Speaker 17: Give me, give me my two years.
Speaker 2: Man, we already paded the stats man. You know what? Uh uh? They were saying, A.
Speaker 17: One, I don't, I don't. I don't need no stat Paddy. I just want to I just wanted to say eighty three to eighty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we'll fix that. Holy crap. Okay, I guess we have to.
Speaker 17: Hey, we have to wait the next season to see Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, we're not going to talk to you until then, so so tell me tell me. Uh they were talking about a walker probably the best rebounder for all. What do you think about a walk On? Now we played.
Speaker 17: I like him. I mean, he really grew on me. I think he grew on a lot of people because you know, it didn't really start off that great. Although I never expected him to be a starter obviously, if you know big Mow hadn't got hurt. He probably what I think his role was was really served coming off the bench or whatever. But man, with his work ethic and everything in the way, he crashed the boards and he just he just seemed like a nice dude, and you know, he fit the culture and everything, and I think he just grew on a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Man, totally agree. Yeah, he was a I mean, I p We've I've said the same thing. This is Blake all the evolution of a walk over the season been incredible to watch, not only from a rebound a defensive standpoint, but his offensive game has grown. So I mean, he's almost I don't want to say a guaranteed bucket, but you want to try to get the transitional piece in his hands and see if he can score when you need it.
Speaker 2: So what do I mean?
Speaker 5: And now we're talking the seasons over as we move forward, Let's say Moe comes back right and stays next year, which I would assume he's going to do. You've got Vasar, You've got to Waka, You've got Stefan. What's that postplay look like? Do you think Pete for next year?
Speaker 17: Well, on paper it looks great, but in reality, I'm just not sure if that's going to happen, you know the way, with so much movement. I don't want to put a damper on anything with so much movement in his game now, And I hate to say it, I just think it's gonna be hard to keep all those guys happy. And I just got to feel and somebody's gonna end up leaving, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no question before we start going with the damper stuff or we won't go there. Yesterday, one of the things as I saw about you, you were very very high on on the commitment from Pete.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, you know, like I said, I made a comment, I've never been as anxious by the decisions way back when when Marvin Williams a decided between North Caroline and Arizona. You know, I was done real, you know, into all recruiting every year, but this this decision here really hap me on the edge of my seat. And I was watching it live when it happened, and you know, sometimes I can be such a testimens I said, watching my luck, I gonna see him the fake Houston or some other times.
Speaker 2: And then I was still to seeing pict the you of a man. Yeah, so have you seen him a few times? Yeah, well mainly just some videos.
Speaker 17: I've never seen him in person, but just what I've seen in the video, his frame, the way he conducts himself on the court, and he's a man child.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 17: I think we got a good one.
Speaker 1: Did kind of reminds me of you're at least your build now, because you look like you can still play.
Speaker 17: Oh I was man, I never could in my in my best case scenario, I can never be built like that character is. But man, he's got a man's body, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: So another guy, another great fit probably for the program.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, And you know, againting don't want to get ahead of myself, but God that we can somehow keep you know, you know Carter Brian in afford him. Everybody's talking all this stuff, but hey, Carter Bryant's father is the real deal, you know. And I love listening to.
Speaker 2: The man's talk.
Speaker 17: He's in no rush to push his son in the NBA. He wants him to go, you know, when he's ready or whatever. And one thing, and again I don't want to get off track, but I feel the need to say this. I understand the movement that goes on, but it just disappoints me that none of these kids want to leave like some type of legacy at the U of A. And it can be done. It can be done in two years with somebody the statue of a Carter Bryant. You know, you take off one year, Okay, he's gone. You look at you know, Stanley Johnson, Come on, man, Aaron Gordon. Come on, man, you know, it's just not that that legacy at the u of A is. It's important to me, and I would like to think that more players would feel that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you were only here for two years and you left the huge legacy and.
Speaker 17: Proud of it, you know, although you know, most most folks don't. You know, I really don't seem to give down. But the folks back in the day they know what's going on. Yeah, I'm proud of that, man.
Speaker 2: But you're referring to radio hosts who don't give you two years on the.
Speaker 17: Hey you said it, man, Uh, how did.
Speaker 2: Or did it?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Caleb? Did he grow on you or did you always believe?
Speaker 17: Well? Uh, yeah, I've been I've been one of the stanchest defender. But at the same time, I'm you're not one of those with girls from his laughs, you know, I'm I'm willing to call him out when he you know, does some boneheaded things, which he has done, you know, some some of the shops selection he's taking those uh and Tift team put runners or whatever floaters whatever. I hate that stuff. But I've always known what he was capable of. And you know, I depending very quite often on social media where you know, Caleb's gonna hit some shots when we really need him to or whatever. And just the way he's evolved towards the second half at the end of the year, you know, he's really became a leader in my opinion, and it wasn't just about scoring, you know, his defense amped up, his passing, but looking you know, for his teammates and everything. And I love hearing how his teammates talk about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 17: You know, I've always been a believer at Caleb Love and you know, I hate how fickle some fans could be. You you know, hey, there's nothing wrong with criticism, that's part of the game, but sometimes you make it person whatever. That's where I have the issue is and and a lot of them take it personal with Caleb.
Speaker 2: Love is concerned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think sometimes fans forget that these are kids, right Like, they're young, they're young men trying to grow and mature, and you're watching somebody like Caleb in front of our eyes get to the point where I think expectations are are He's exceeded what the expectations were and that's crazy to think how great he has been, especially coming in from you and see, but you said it earlier, the way he was a facilitator this year, a defender, a team leader when we needed it. And then what he did against Duke, I mean just I mean, or don't forget orgon No and Oregon. I mean literally putting the team on his back and willing them to beat Oregon and stay in a game with Duke, which if from a talent standpoint, I think exceeds what we had on the floor. Uh where do you put that performance last night against Duke in the all time greats of University of Arizona basketball?
Speaker 2: Pete?
Speaker 17: Uh wow, I missed out on a lot of good stuff, you know when I was over over in Europe, Bottle of years, you know from you know, you know Damond Stotlemyer had some incredible numbers, Toled Reeves, this and that. But considering the stage that this one was on, Oh well, well, Derek Williams okay.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Yeah, that's what I said too, did.
Speaker 17: Derek Williams Duke Games? I was, Hey, that's one of my favorites because I went into that game back when the twenty eleven whatever it was not really thinking we had a chance. I just wanted this to compete in that game in Anahim against Duke. That's how I felt that game, and they mopped the floor with him. It's sort of like last night. I kind of thought the Sweet sixteen was our ceiling, and I didn't really expect us to be do but knowing what we're capable of, if everyone's hitting on all cylinders and we cut down in mistakes, we had a legitimate shot. So the fact that Caleb performed the way he did on such a stage, because I was reading or maybe listening to someone saying that, you know, if Caleb has a bad game or whatever, I just hope the fans don't crush whatever, just you know, understand what he's done for this program in the past couple of years or whatever, or shut that noise, because the kid played great, you know, and I hope people really would truly understand what he actually meant to his program. And granted, you know, there were times where he was you know, kind of inconsistent or whatever. But on the whole, I think the marriage with Caleb Love was good for these two years.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about the year as a whole.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've read my story today, because I kind of talked mostly about that rather than the game.
Speaker 2: Did you when there were four and five?
Speaker 1: What were you thinking when they kind of regrouped midway through and they did really well in the Big twelve and then they kind of faltered at the end. Although the competition was what were you thinking?
Speaker 17: Even when they were four and five, I was still saying, you know, no, we're still going dancing. You know, I knew that. I knew they would just get together. I'm not saying I knew we would take Uh did we tie for second place? I think we did tie. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, well yeah again, But I knew. I knew we were going to the dance no matter what. I knew they'd get together.
Speaker 2: Tough schedule.
Speaker 17: I didn't think the team was really it wasn't really a cohesive fit at the at the beginning, the parts didn't really seem to fit. I just didn't think we had consistent perimeters shooting. Sometimes the defensive effort was right there, but they turned the defense around.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 17: You know, granted, we still gave up a lot of threes or whatever, but individually and we did do a much better job to Pristley. The second half of the year, which I was really proud of or whatever. So I'm you know, I'm pleased with the season. You know, I'll take it, you know. And those who you know want to be naysayers and got a bunch of stuff say, yo, kick Rocks. We had a good year as far as op the.
Speaker 5: Thurn, and I think a lot of credit has to lie on Tommy Lloyd's shoulders for being able to ad. Like you said, early in the season, I didn't think they had a lot of identity on the offensive side or the defensive side, and to take that group and change them into what they were last night to that point has been incredible. I think Tommy Lloyd's one of the best coaches in the in the game right now on both the development side and understanding of what he's gotten on the floor. Where do you see where do you see the ceiling for this group moving in the future and not knowing what the pieces are, But what's your expectations of U of a basketball for the next two to three years.
Speaker 17: Well, again, Tommy Lloyd's the bad ass. As long as we got him, I'm good. I think we're gonna be okay if if the parts come back next year in addition to Collpete and you know, hopefully the Brandon Bury but god, that's almost too good.
Speaker 2: To be true.
Speaker 17: If that works out, we're gonna be fine. We are, and I know a lot of other teams out there, they're voting, they're stacked and this and that. But we're on the verge. Well I won't say on the verge, but you can right now. I think we can compete with anybody. Arizona basketball is going to be fine, you know. And Tommy Lloyd I trust, and I just want to sit back and enjoy it. And I'm just I'm just glad to be able to watch the show as well as far.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I was going to say, you know, because we were saying it. I was saying it from a fan standpoint. You're saying from an analyst standpoint, Pete, from a players standpoint. I don't remember the last time looking at a Sweet sixteen and seeing I mean, there's really there wasn't any upsets going into this in my mind. I mean, Arkansas, you can make the case, but they're still it's a Calipari team. I the level of talent that was at the top this year was I think higher than it's been in years. When's the last time you saw and I want to call them blue bloods because not everybody in the tournament right now is blue bloods. But I mean the disparency or difference between the talent level from the top seeds to the lower seeds.
Speaker 3: And I L.
Speaker 5: Yeah once do you think that has a lot to do with nil? Or when's the last time you saw something like that?
Speaker 17: Are you saying? Because there's some many you know, the big schools in there, and we're not really seeing like cinderellas like we see years past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no cinderellas this yere right, I mean other than you can make the case for Arkansas.
Speaker 2: I guess, well not.
Speaker 18: No, because Arkansas still Arkansas, and and uh Wagner and the and uh I think the bookiy man, you didn't play that much as Booky with Oklahoma with Arkansas Bookie planning.
Speaker 2: Oklahoma.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but uh no, you you may and I never really get that much thought, but now that you say it, yeah, there's nothing but but but the big boys up in there. But hey, the way that that that n I L and and and you know the money and everything, I mean, you could there may be a powerhouse development next year. That came out of nowhere and we don't know it because they got the money to get the lord of these kids to their school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that powerhouse might be b Yu with all the money they've got.
Speaker 17: Oh, I love b Yu Man. I can't believe it was saying that, But I love b y U man Man. If that kids Saunders had another year eligibility got in with the kid coming in next year, oh my god, they would be something terrible.
Speaker 1: So so no one knew Loot better than you, maybe Curve Sean because you guys were close. What would Loute think of Tommy and what he's done.
Speaker 17: Loot will be pleased. Loot will be pleased. I think he would love the way that he that he plays basketball. You know, the kids share the ball, they moved this and that. I think the fact that the defense got better as the year went on the second half. We were much better defensive team collectively than we were earlier. Whatever, Loot would be absolutely thrilled with coach Tommy. I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we have the summer similar style and.
Speaker 17: What I like is that, you know, there's a lot of things that we're not privy to as fans, and I call myself a fan because I am. You know, you don't see what goes on in the locker room. You don't see what goes on. We may be watching the game, you don't see what's going on in the bench whatever. I've seen first hand where Tommy you know, has gotten into there. But you know, verbally this and that. But then he stepped it up where you know he he will I I say, he can call out players through the meeting without throwing them under the bucks. You know, that's what I like. You know, he's, uh, yeah, he's gonna protect his players this and that, but he can still call them out without throwing them under the bus. And he's done at the times. You know, he mentioned when he had that little rent with about Caleb Loved several weeks back, but you know he's a fifth year senior. He should know better and stuff like that. I was loving that press Thomas, you know, because if he can go it that way with Caleb, he can go it that way with everybody. But he still did it in a respectful way.
Speaker 2: Right, No, no, no, And that's what that's the beauty of a good coach. Right.
Speaker 1: It was like Bobby Knight, if he goes after the main guy, the other guys know that they have to step it up to.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but I don't know Bobby not going to exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna say without laying hands on players that example with the coach. But you know what I'm saying talking.
Speaker 2: If Luken suspend uh, suspend you? He can he can suspend anybody.
Speaker 18: No, but he had every right to.
Speaker 17: So you know that was that was part of of course I understood it. Anybody with a brain would understand that. And also Loop was throwing up the press conference with a whip either.
Speaker 5: Right, right, And I know, I mean we talked about this pet you probably can agree with this, but as a play as a as a player, we respect that because we know we screwed up, right, And if you let us get away with that, yeah, that's gonna have so much more trouble. Like if you call me out on my bs and you set me straight, I've got more respect for you moving forward.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, your teammates doing that, that's all goes with the whole curture and everything. So yeah, but no, Luke, Luke would love Tommy Layd.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: In kind of my story today too, is uh, it was turned out to be a very nice season. I mean, there was some kind of hiccups. And he admitted it. He said yesterday it was fun. Uh, the day before he said it was fun. And then it was quite an adventure, you know, a nice little road to how far they got?
Speaker 17: Yeah and and yeah, and you know, in retrospect, you look back, you know, just look at some of those games with Houston where he came down to the last four or five minutes or whatever, you know, could there were several games like that, you know, when we had it and just kind of fell apart at the end or whatever, and just uh, you know, we get the right pieces together, and I'm so excited about the possibility of next year.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 17: A lot of things have to play out, obviously, but you know, if I could have these my way and get this player here, that player there or whatever. Man, I mean, granted, I understand everybody else is doing the same, you know, and sometimes we get a little ahead of ourselves. Oh we're what I hate is we have so much depth. We may have No, we don't have so much depthiny we did. He probably gonna play no more than eight or nine players anyway or what?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 17: I love the possibility is what's shaping up as far as next year is concerned. Now, we'll know within maybe you know, weeks or whatever, who's leaving, who's saying, and who's coming or whatever. But it's gonna be a good, good type of basketball next year, no doubt.
Speaker 1: No one brought us up. This's our last question because we've got to go. But you had to be impressed with Martinez last night. He didn't get as much money, and then all of a sudden last night he was playing significant minutes.
Speaker 17: Yeah, little fella had his moment. You know, that's for sure. And you know he's a valuable comight either have. And I hope he's happy with his role because I'm sure he's going somewhere and play a bigger role in another program, would have you or whatever, But no, I like the kid, and I hope he's happy there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Petere's always thinks I'll change that logo.
Speaker 2: I'll change that.
Speaker 17: Hey, we'll find out next year. You know.
Speaker 2: Well whatever you if I.
Speaker 17: Don't see a THO eighty five, I'm calling you out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you already did. Let me ask you, are you coming to visit any time? You could be a co host when you come and visit.
Speaker 17: Well, definitely, I'll be there for the camp. But other than that, you know, I may just if I can slide down there for a dad two just to play some fan duel or some draftking. My mom was just down there the past few days and I put in several parlays with him on fan duel, and man, I got I get so tired of get eight out of nine or seven out of eight.
Speaker 2: It's always one man, no question. That's why they call it what they call it. Yeah, right, exactly, Thanks Pete.
Speaker 17: All right, fellas, you got to be good.
Speaker 2: Thanks pe.
Speaker 1: One of the great guys, one of my great guys, Pete Williams. Let's come back on the other side. Maybe take a caller. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for newly forty years now, take a look back at the Loudolsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them competed against them and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's loved coach. Lessons from Luton is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one, email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 19: Hey, Wildcat Nation, Jake Fisher here, I gotta tell you about my winning team.
Speaker 12: Over at Arizona Health Insiders.
Speaker 19: I was able to get a custom private health insurance plan with no deductibles, no co pays, nationmide coverage, and I get to pick my own doctor for less than two hundred dollars a month. If you want to avoid getting gouged on the Exchange and you want real health insurance called Arizona Health Insiders four eight zero three five five one four four four four a zero three five five one.
Speaker 15: Four four four what's your goal? A new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate. You need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you.
Speaker 12: Learn how at Pima dot edu.
Speaker 15: Slash Someday, Hey Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you.
Speaker 1: Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big.
Speaker 2: On your insurance.
Speaker 1: With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 11: Where do you.
Speaker 2: Buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 6: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 14: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve.
Speaker 7: Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty seconds just west of will not.
Speaker 20: Craving Tucson's Best Burger. The Fourth Avenue Legend is back. Lindy's on Fourth is celebrating twenty years and Lindy himself is back behind the grill. We've got new mouthwatering burgers and great daily drink specials. Don't miss our upcoming twentieth anniversary summer Bash and year end celebration. So come down to Lindy's on Fourth or order online at l fourth dot com. Lindy and Tucson's Best Burger are waiting.
Speaker 12: At Pyramid Federal Credit Union. We believe less is more.
Speaker 21: Let's pieas mean more money in your pocket, Let's hassle means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids Less's More philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the two sund Spectrum Perramid Federal Credit Union where Less is More federally insured by NCUA, an Equal Opportunity lender.
Speaker 12: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty eight.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to Iron the Ball here at Fox Sports fourteen fiftym Steve Rivera, your Blake eager. We got Henry here at the control. So we're waiting for some calls maybe five, two, zero, four, one, six, seventy four forty let us know how the team did last night.
Speaker 2: But your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Did it turn out to be a pretty good season otherwise? You know, they went twenty four and thirteen. I think it was yep, twenty four and thirteen. A lot of losses, but still you kind of feel good. Right They went to the Sweet sixteen three years ago as the number one seed, right, they lose to Houston.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a Matha and Terry and that was a that was kind of a disappointing year. I mean, you're playing in Houston team that was I think they were a fifty that had no business being a fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, yeah, go ahead. We got to call. Hello, you're on the air nine the Ball. Who's this?
Speaker 22: Hi, Steve, This is done, I Mike, Henry. They doubt everybody doing today.
Speaker 2: We're doing fine. Thanks for something, Oh no much.
Speaker 22: I just wanted to say I got what I what I tweeted out at you last night. We got the effort. We just didn't get those. But what I really didn't like was that what would you call it the large call where they all took the charge and then they called him for a foul to what I didn't I didn't understand that. But I want to nitpick one play here or that, because I think I think the game was bigger than that.
Speaker 1: You You're not alone, because everybody didn't get that. I mean, even the people there didn't, So what the hell was that he was one of the.
Speaker 22: Well that was that was a strange deal. But like Pete was saying, I think the development of the team over the course of the year, while it seemed kind of slow for.
Speaker 2: You're breaking up a little, you're breaking up.
Speaker 22: Yeah, well, the development of the team was a little bit slow for a lot of us fans. I think at the at the end of the season, you know, you you saw a lot of fight.
Speaker 2: In this team.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and and that was that was good to see because you know, everybody's all the big bad, big twelve. You know, well, it's gonna make them tough, you know, and it's like, well, we're used to the Pac twelve, so we're not used to playing that way or we're not used to seeing that kind of play, and so I was a little like, well, I wanted to wait and see how the team was going to uh, you know, how the team was going to grow on that in that respect. Yeah, now now.
Speaker 11: We go ahead.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, this last question, they give me a scale one to ten. The overall season satisfactory for a fan.
Speaker 22: You know what we got to We got to the sweet sixteen in a good way. We finished the season strong. I'm gonna give it a good strong eighth. I think that we started off better. You know, maybe we're a top ten team and we're sitting at a two seed and we don't have to play Duke until tomorrow. But that's that's not how it played out. But the way these guys finished, with the ups and downs of the individuals and the ups and downs of the team as a whole, I think they finished strong and they they really have something to.
Speaker 17: Be proud of.
Speaker 22: But but the bad thing is is now we're at the worst part of the season because you know, the season's over, the portals open, and now you know, now I'm just waiting to see if and I think there's a good chance that somebody leaves that we didn't expect them to leave, and we won't know and we won't know why it was right right, We got to go.
Speaker 1: We've got another call. But thank you. Done for the calls this week. Okay, touch you next week. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: You got a call? Ye get a call. Oh you're on the air and one on the ball. Who's this?
Speaker 11: Hey, Hey Steve, Hey Blake?
Speaker 2: They hey Howard?
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, I'll be quick to the point. I didn't see that play when they where the guy went down with a flag or no, I saw the play. I go. I was like scratching in my head. It took so long. Why did he go shoot free throws? The main one is when the guy took Henry down and didn't release the bad one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean if I wasn't I if I had to pick one. You know, we're talking atturning point last night and a foul to really, Nick, it's a flagrant fel I mean you had the exact same thing happened to Bradley two plays before. That, and then it happens to Vasar and it doesn't get go. They didn't call it, and they and you had every analyst on the saying it's the same foul.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. That was that infuriated me a little bit.
Speaker 11: But but I'm proud of the team. They did good. And what Pete said, all the freshman sophomore juniors around the country, you know, went to the final sixteen, they're gonna get a lot down the road, Like you were saying to Pete two three years down the road, we're gonna be all right, we're gonna be really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And.
Speaker 11: As the longest span of anyone listening here, what going to my first game in like seventy two three when it opened, we had a nine for the season. Okay, okay, there'll be why do we even get farther, especially the way we started?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Nine?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that's fair.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll relate this this team to something and maybe we it's relatable. It's whether you're in a dating world, whether you're dating women or men, it's it's you start off and you're like, I kind of le this person's fine, Like they're okay, like and starts building into this like friendship and then all a sudden you're like, I'm in love, Like this was that team to me where I was like I don't really like like I don't want to be seen in boulla with this team. And then you kind of go out to dinner and it's a dark corner and you're like it's fine.
Speaker 2: The food was fine, the conversation was okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the next day you're like, maybe I'll grab coffee, and then you're like, okay, maybe I'll go to a nice restaurant. And then by then you're like, yeah, let's go on a vacation together, like that's what this was to be. And I was like I fell in love with this team over the course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I totally get that analogy, and I think a party accurately.
Speaker 2: So let's go back to the real quick.
Speaker 1: So three years ago they played Houston as there Arefore You is a one that Sweet sixteen is a disappointment given the situation and circumstances, right because you're they're one Tommy's first year, Tommy's first year, great team, and you think it's a great team. Right, it is a great team, and you and you run and you run against a tough Houston team. Okay, get punched in the face, right, and just weren't expecting. Okay, second year they get beat by Princeton and that's a really disappointment, and then that kind of qualifies like a five for the year, even though that a good year, right, And then last year you're you're a two I think it is there are two.
Speaker 2: Then you lose to.
Speaker 5: That's my that's my biggest disappointment, and that's you should have beat that team, and that's you have a pretty good year, and then you lose that game and you come away like what the hell? I mean, you played one of your worst games all year and you still had a chance to win, and just that was you should have beat Clemson and all.
Speaker 1: Sweet sixteen finishes. But this year is different because this is a feel good moment. It's a field going, it's a feel good it's a feel good moment. Different levels.
Speaker 5: The game that Love had, the opponent that we're playing in Duke the best, I mean, generational talent and slag and the comeback yeah, and the comeback from nineteen points down, yeah, how hard they played. They left it all on the court, like it is what it is. At this point, you were lacking one another, big man, that's what you were lacking.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, And you wouldn't know this until you played the game and played the way you did, because if they lose by twenty, you're.
Speaker 2: Thinking, oh, man, we kind of knew this was going to happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think that's where that tournative events. You go, this is something special. We're watching something special in a loss.
Speaker 1: And you don't say that very often when you step back, because I told you earlier, I hate the phrase it.
Speaker 5: It was a quality loss. This wasn't a quality loss in the sense that, Okay, now we get a chance to go on and prove ourselves. It was a quality loss that you I'm the same way. I'm like, I hope we don't get luck.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get blown out by thirty points here, and to be able to turn that round and once love just go get out of the way, give me the ball.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take this.
Speaker 1: Over, right, And it saved a lot of things, saved the season in terms of people's perceptions, have saved his perception or how people perceived him. Yeah, I agree, And I think if you're if you're a player around the country right now, there's not many coaches in the country that you'd rather play for than Tommy.
Speaker 2: Look, I would. I would go to bat for Tommy every day of the week. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think those who know how he coaches and who he is because he's just a dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's just a dude, even when he speaks on this podium. And I've said that to him a number of times. In fact, I have another story about him in his Tucson I think I can say this publicly. He's a father of the year, one of the fathers of the year in the city, and I did a profile on him. He's just the dude who just happens a coach and kind of like, you know, you want to go catch your beer, you know, get a beer.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, coaches aren't like that. They're not.
Speaker 5: You know, it's a It's like it's almost like you're getting an old school an old school coach where you see that personality come in and come out and come in and come out. But he's connected to the community, and I think that's where I think from two zones are that's right in the Wheelhouse one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: That's what you need, especially after Sean. You know, Sean was not going to he didn't care about being connected, and now you have Tommy who's kind of connected and he just wants to have a good time.
Speaker 5: And he wants to be a part of the community, which is hard to find.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right, you've got something in a simple way. Yeah, we ready to go. We got like thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, thanks Henry, yep, So we just we're just gonna talk baseball the rest of the time, right, thirty seconds?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, sure? What that What that happened?
Speaker 11: Can I give that?
Speaker 5: I want the book that you wrote and I paid for. You still haven't brought it to me. So well, once your hair grows back, that's never gonna happen that my hair is gone, buddy.
Speaker 2: Thanks man for everybody. Thanks thanks for the calls this week. Good week. We'll talk to you guys Monday.