Speaker 1: Though I would continue on Fred Rogan, Rodney Peen on a five seventy LA sports. Do not forget this hour. Somebody's going to Burke Williams. Got that big two hundred and fifty dollars gift card, Rodney, somebody's getting it. Yeah, yeah, I want it. I'm talking about somebody I need to get that. I know you love Burke Williams. I do. I can live at Burke Williams. Yeah. Well, okay, joining us now in the studio and who just made a sound? Sorry, I don't what do you doing? He loves he loves Burke Williams.
Speaker 2: Do just thinking.
Speaker 3: The reason I said, mm, it's because we were doing our show, we saw Holly on the Telly and you better have already gotten your wife a Mother's Day gift because if you didn't by now, Rodney, you're in trouble. Because it's if you haven't bought it by Friday, you're officially late.
Speaker 2: Your fight.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, I heard I heard. I heard Gary in the background say what and that's what exactly what I was going to say. What are you talking about? Wait? Wait, wait, wait wait Gary and Shannon from KFI are here. Go ahead, Okay, Okay, Gary's right.
Speaker 2: Isn't it Gary's right?
Speaker 3: Isn't it like husbands to do something nice for their wives? Who are the mothers?
Speaker 1: Children have till Sunday? Yeah, you got till Sunday at eleven fifty nine.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like if it was talking about if you don't have it figured out by Friday, it is you're late. Doesn't make any sense now, okay, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't at all. Oh, okay, do you have Friday and everything?
Speaker 4: But come on, do you have something for your mom on Friday?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean today, you haven't.
Speaker 2: A half ago at Okay, I got our pair of shoes.
Speaker 1: Okay, Happy Mother's Day? Yeah, what kind of shoes you get your mother?
Speaker 4: The new Yeezies?
Speaker 3: Well, I actually got my mom a pair of like hip sneakers not that long ago, and they're still in the box in the closet.
Speaker 2: So I went back to some leopard.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, wait, wait wait. You got your mom some shoes last year.
Speaker 2: It was a couple of years ago, A couple of years okay, got some trendy shoes, and so.
Speaker 1: You got some shoes two years ago. It's still in the box. And he didn't open, and yet you you knew this.
Speaker 3: You're Bossie yelling at me right now about not about my mom. This is about him now knowing he's in trouble for not getting anything.
Speaker 5: Yes, excided decided to go back to the well. The well mom, Oh my god, I haven't seen it open for two years.
Speaker 3: I had saved conversation in my head like for the past forty eight hours, and I went back to the well.
Speaker 2: That did work the first time much.
Speaker 3: I like you, guys, I don't want to spend a lot of time thinking about this, so I just did the easy thing.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute. First of all, that is awful for you to say. I'm like you, guys, I don't want to spend a lot of time thinking about this. How do you know that Gary and Rodney not put in some thought?
Speaker 2: Well, Fred, have you gotten your wife anything?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: See what did you get the gift of being with me? Oh?
Speaker 4: That is my man. I wish I could give my wife the gift of being with Fred.
Speaker 1: News. It's the world coming to That's a good point, my god. You know. I yea work out. My mother passed, Rest in peace. I see you up there and have Mama love you. But but but I might give listen, it's it's now the responsibility of my kids. It's mother's it's that wife's day, it's mother's day. But to the kids, make sure you get your mamase uf.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: You have to do that.
Speaker 2: Husband, that's what you have to do. Make sure the kids don't.
Speaker 4: Screw it up. Yes, I'll say this. I feel like there's a coordination that needs to take place, and that the dad is responsible for coordination in many times, many cases, I think.
Speaker 3: I don't think Kevin's off the hook here because Kevin, yeah, maybe is one year old. Now that's a big This is a big mother's day, Kevin. I hope you have something planned, maybe shoes, keV.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like so we don't have anything planned. But I will say my wife does have a gift from myself and a gift from Oliver.
Speaker 3: Move see everybody that the right hand is one of those gifts of vacuum. Oh you did buy your wife a vacuum.
Speaker 4: I have done about my wife a vacuum one time from others.
Speaker 1: That's solid. That's a hit. That's a hit. It was not solid.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing it was. It was a request that it was a requested gift. I was uncomfortable doing it. But if it was what she said she wanted at the.
Speaker 1: Time, it was a request. Yeah, you don't want to do that, just like a surprise. Hey I got you a vacuum that.
Speaker 2: If it's a request, you don't get it.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, all right. So Christmas, for example, people say what do I want? I want the same thing every year, socks and underwear. Yeah, I'm just fine with you.
Speaker 2: Would have been very happy with my grandmother socks and underwear forever I was.
Speaker 1: I'm very good with that. I have no problem. That's what I request. What do you want every every Christmas? Fread? Do you want socks and underwear every Christmas? That you want? That's what I want?
Speaker 2: Underwear? Do you wear fred Goods?
Speaker 1: And really I'm glad you bring that up? Boxers and briefs. About your briefs?
Speaker 4: Oh you like to you like to go to the old French style?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 1: We anyway? Answer me as a string guy FD no, no, no, you know what I try to cost chafing. But the underwear I wear it on there. I didn't know motion I didn't.
Speaker 4: No, it's a little note, come on, maybe power louder.
Speaker 2: It's a gold bond and the listen.
Speaker 1: I know it's whatever my kids give me. So now I think I'm wearing skims.
Speaker 2: Your kids give you the underwear.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You know what I love about your commitment to underwear is that it's new underwear, because a lot of men they just they let that slide. They weren't underwear from twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: No, I don't do that. Always renew it, Fred, Always renew it. That's how I am.
Speaker 2: Can I tell the story about your underwear?
Speaker 1: Well, it's good you work together and you know a story about yourself.
Speaker 4: So this story about my underwear that she likes to tell, I'll jump out in front of this train before it hits me.
Speaker 6: The uh.
Speaker 4: There was a sales meeting one time and in this building, and we knew we were going to be in this meeting and we were you know, you know how it is to talk to salespeople about you know, this is our show, this is what we talk about, this is the kind of fun we have, this is how we kind of stuff we should do. And you know, traditionally news talk stations they kind of put us in a corner and they suggest we're not good for certain clients or certain products, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: These salespeople also don't listen to the show there still know that we laugh about stuff all the time, that we joke around all the time, so.
Speaker 2: They think we're like serious newspeople when we go in there.
Speaker 4: I hear our friends on the Woody Show on All ninety eighty seven do an ad for an underwear company, one of those stylists, you know, boxer brief kind of underwear companies, and I have a pair or a couple pairs of that brand, and I say to myself, this would be a great opportunity for us to you know, introduce ourselves to these salespeople and go, hey, we're available for that kind of stuff too, Like, we would totally do that. So what I did was I absconded a clean pair of those underpants to work that day, and I just tucked them in my waistband behind me and pretended to essentially rip off my own underwear in the middle of this sales meeting and go, see, I have that same brand of underwear. We should be doing commercials for them as.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, she's gonna tell it. I will say that I've died on stage before. It never felt like that.
Speaker 2: Est death I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: It was pretty.
Speaker 1: What to do?
Speaker 2: I like watching you bleed out.
Speaker 5: And I do.
Speaker 1: She didn't like. I like the preparation though, G behind it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here it comes was you.
Speaker 1: The execution was bad.
Speaker 4: The execution I still, I still stand by it. I feel like I should have somehow prepared the room.
Speaker 2: For at The underwear was used.
Speaker 4: Okay, it sound like it. That's the way they came.
Speaker 1: About. The underwear was used. What do you mean by that?
Speaker 3: I mean it was clean, I guess, but I don't know how to get that close to it, ronny, But like it was faded.
Speaker 4: It was like a blue.
Speaker 1: But it was like a.
Speaker 2: Faded blue to where it's been used maybe for a while.
Speaker 4: That was the color.
Speaker 2: That was the way everything, y'all?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Is that you know this? When you get your boxer briefs out of the dryer, they look small. They look like he whipped down a pair of Ues.
Speaker 2: Boys underwear, meaning a bunch of strangers.
Speaker 1: Don't even think you're funny.
Speaker 4: Now, I being the optimist, I hear that, and I say thank you for acknowledging my small waist size. Okay, good, Yes, I'll put a positive spin on it. Yeah yeah. And I was great guy, and I challenged you to do the same thing and you refuse.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm willing to go to bat for the show. And you're now are you are?
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I should be more dedicated.
Speaker 1: And what came from that?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Zilch Fred, Fred and Rodney.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you, except for me hitting him over the head with this story for ten.
Speaker 4: Years, do not a fall for that trap of pulling your underwear out in the sales meeting.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, no, they won't work you talked about in our meetings.
Speaker 4: I'm going to put the kaibosh on it right now for you.
Speaker 2: Keep it fresh, you know.
Speaker 1: The underwear, Keep it fresh.
Speaker 4: Keep the under maybe like a pair of worn before rotate the stock.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Black or white? Black or white? You get a blue player that faded, that faded.
Speaker 4: You just go straight black or white? Nothing.
Speaker 3: Yes, when you're doing the presentation, yes, take the pin stripes on the underwear.
Speaker 2: You know, a little stripe. Little stripe is.
Speaker 4: Nice, I mean because that was the brand. I mean is they They have flashy colors and stuffy Yeah, I got it, superhero emblems and things.
Speaker 2: Do you have graphic underwear?
Speaker 1: Fread What do you mean graphic?
Speaker 3: I mean liked and gore Spider Man appear on any of your underwear?
Speaker 1: No, Shannon, I don't wear Spider Man underwear.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Second time you've used my name like I'm in trouble today.
Speaker 1: That's right. I did it on your show. Now I've done it here.
Speaker 2: No, Shannon, that's right.
Speaker 1: What's the weirdest thing or the most bizarre thing you guys have been asked to endorse on your show? Uh?
Speaker 3: I thought, well this, I guess now that I'm older, it's not so weird. But when I was like thirty, they wanted me to do Verico's veins. Now I get it, but that.
Speaker 4: Was that would have been pre empty programming at that point. For them to I don't want my legs to look like reins.
Speaker 1: I would say, yeah, it's for us, like what look your Fred and I had been doing this, this, this show for whatn't Yeah yeah yeah, So technically in my forties and and and they came to us early on, and I think in the first year wanted to do it a rectile boner.
Speaker 2: I've heard you guys we gluechoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we did bluecho.
Speaker 2: But like and Money were doing blue ch you when they were like thirty.
Speaker 1: Two, you know, yeah, yeah, well that's those guys.
Speaker 2: We're kind of horse you know what I mean. We'll sell a lot of stuff around here.
Speaker 1: You know. The thing is, they say what would you sell? And I I you know, I said I would sell a medication for menopause problems, and they go, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Exactly my point?
Speaker 1: You would do that? And I said, of course. They said, listen, we have somebody wants to do a clinical trial here and it's for diabetes, and it's a pill. Do you have diabetes? And I tell everybody, I've said to the people nobody, I'll take the pill, And they go, why would you take the pill to make sure I don't have it?
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll sell preventive care. Yeah, I will sell I don't think that's how diabetes works. I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's like whatever, whatever, Hey, have you ever done this? I will if you need me to, I will sell anything you need me to. We have He's that's just saying that he would. Well, yeah, yeah, that's unfortunate. Yeah, unfortunate that way.
Speaker 3: Well, and then Fred had somebody that was doing uh some sales with him that she had a big crush on.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't have to name name.
Speaker 1: There's been.
Speaker 2: There's been more than one who.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: And then it gets a little dicey because you don't want to.
Speaker 4: Be nice, but you want to be nice, but you don't want to show too much. Favorite to show the graphic underwear, which.
Speaker 1: I don't wear, so thank you for pointing that out.
Speaker 4: No, it was I don't want to shore the plane underwear either, or the.
Speaker 2: Ones with the stripes.
Speaker 1: No, no, Ronnie said Nancy. By the cant.
Speaker 2: Get the women straight.
Speaker 1: Is she still here? No, No, she's not.
Speaker 2: She was she was I miss her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was urged to find future endeavors or whatever they say when they do that to people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nancy, she really did.
Speaker 2: She knew everyone's bathroom time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: I mean, she knew how long you were in there.
Speaker 4: She would she would when our office was closer to the bathroom, she and Shannon would go in there. She'd come around the corner to the doorway and just kind of lean in and go. I think she's been in there for four minutes. Now, that's longer than usual.
Speaker 1: The thing about Nancy, and because of where she was moved over there by the bathroom, if you walked by, and this is true, I'd walk by and Nancy would start talking. By the way, she lived around the corner from me. She used to walk in front of my house and she'd ride.
Speaker 4: She just walked by your house. She'd park around the corner and walk by your house.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'd walk by and Nancy would start a conversation. Yeah, she tell you about her grandson, she'd tell you about her life, and she'd start talking. So, I mean she would continue talking because she a lot to say. But you have to go to the bathroom, right, so you know you can't give it the oh okay Nancy, and you go into the bathroom. The weirdest thing is when you came out, she hadn't stopped talking. She's still the conversation continued going, and when you walked up, she was in the midst of the conversation. As if you would never left, right, she just kept talking.
Speaker 6: What a light?
Speaker 1: What a light? Yeah? The beauty though you got to figure it out. Is when you wait for somebody else to get by Nancy, So she starts talking, I would go around the other way.
Speaker 2: You did that way, two ways to get to the bathroom, Rodney a couple of times.
Speaker 4: Well she did, she did.
Speaker 2: There was something else to play there.
Speaker 1: There was something going on.
Speaker 2: Yet it feels a little protective. There was a time then let me to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Make sunder those as violent secrets that happened between the two of them, secrets I look out for Rodney.
Speaker 1: I will not confirm or deny, but I will confirm that.
Speaker 4: If you ever need to talk, you just let us know.
Speaker 1: You'll be there for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Why are you wearing a San Francisco Giant July hat? This is what? No, wait a minute, I told this earlier on there. I said, you guys are going to come in. I'd seen you this morning. A You're wearing a San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Giants I'm a Giants guy. Let me ask you this question, because.
Speaker 1: I said, Fred, Fred, don't don't get it twisted. I mean, Gary's a Giants guy. Shannon's a forty nine or know that. So it's not like put it all on Gary because yeah, but she's not Joe Montana over her heart today. Well, it's because it's because it ain't football season.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: It's the dark days, very the dark days.
Speaker 4: But let me ask you this, because I get this a lot in LA, being a Giants fan, grew up in northern California, that that was my team always will be. Would you rather me give up the team that I grew up with? Because in my heart, in my mind sports fandom, when you when you grow up with a team that should remain your team wherever you are, and the idea that you would give up you would give up simply because you moved it burns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have some We have somebody who's a dear friend down the hall, used to work here, born and raised in Modesto, Niner fan of his whole life, moved down here and decided to pick.
Speaker 2: An LA team and pick the Rams. What the hell are you doing?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 2: Maybe question everything about our friendship.
Speaker 3: You can't just see change your football team and your allegiance because you change where you live.
Speaker 2: Fred, that means you have no soul and.
Speaker 4: You can't have Rodney.
Speaker 3: You hung me out to dry when I protected you all those times from Nancy by the can you hung me out with my forty nine er fandom?
Speaker 2: Why can't you protect you?
Speaker 1: You know what, It's okay, you've made a mistake. It's okay. It's that you will. You a whole rant about protecting where you're from and loving where you're from and loving your loyalties from me with your childhood. And now you're mad at me saying that you're a forty nine er fan.
Speaker 3: I just feel like there should be a little bit more reverence for our friendship. All those times I protected you from Nancy and and and then there was it hold on. But by protecting, are you like secret service?
Speaker 4: Like you jumped in the way and took the grope when it was meant for Rodney something like that, you took the bullet?
Speaker 1: All right? Hey that makes sense. Gee gee, yep, you're not far off. You're not far off.
Speaker 4: I would watch that movie. I would watch that movie, all right.
Speaker 3: So, so.
Speaker 1: How's your show going, guys? I mean, what's going on of CAPI I don't know any Moore. I tried to get out of that thing.
Speaker 4: All I know is every four hours we walk into a room and they we talked to each other for four hours and then we'd go away.
Speaker 2: This will be ten years in October. You guys have been ten years too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we have been. Wow. I was talking to Kevin about that this morning. Yeah, yeah, incredible lies. I'll tell you one thing. You guys have aged much better than we have years.
Speaker 2: You guys haven't at all.
Speaker 4: See are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 2: Hair better now, Fred?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm going to get a cut. No, the go tea in the goatee is great. We convinced him to go to you was working three years ago. It is, it is. That's why I kept it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there was a learning curve associated with it.
Speaker 4: What's the learning?
Speaker 1: What you first? I didn't know how you were supposed to trim it or cut it.
Speaker 4: I do like that you haven't flared out at the sides as supposed to going straight down. Usually guys, when they make the mistake of doing the mustache, straight down and then a straight ninety degree angle, pow right down the thing. No, no, off and out a little bit.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the grooming of a goat, especially out in the desert.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: If you get out and yeah, with that thing.
Speaker 2: How do you even you couldn't walk down the street, down the street.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The funny thing, especially when you start doing those menopause ads. Oh you have no idea, Oh my goodness out there, it's really funny because.
Speaker 1: You're at a highlighted Fred, you had a highlight it. Since you're in the desert, you know, there're you know, for a certain population to say a certain level. Yeah, sure, highlighted a little bit at the time of time.
Speaker 2: I like the gray.
Speaker 1: I like the gray.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 1: So many people out there are from LA so you know, and obviously they have watched they watched Channel four for years and years here. Yeah, but it's very different if we're here and people come up at Dodger Stadium or something with a radio show. I'm sure it's the same thing with Rodney. Hey, Rodney, what's going on? Take a quick picture, smile, you talk twenty seconds, and you move on there. Because they have watched for so many years, it's like they know you. Yeah, so when they come up, they just don't go hey, it's like they start grabbing you.
Speaker 2: I did that to you. Do you remember that I did that to you?
Speaker 1: Now? Will you?
Speaker 3: I saw you at Dodger Stadium, and I said, Fred Rogan, and I gave you a hug because I felt like I knew you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, these people actually think like they know me. And I've lived them for years.
Speaker 4: That's the same thing for all of us.
Speaker 1: In their house.
Speaker 4: You've shared dinners with them.
Speaker 2: That's very intimate.
Speaker 3: When you have people on your television, you know, either getting ready, they're in states of undress and there you are.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't want to take you, but you know they're in states of undress. But you know Fred is Fred is stirring up trouble down there, guys. You know that, right? Why?
Speaker 2: How so you know?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: You know he is. He's ventured out of the sports world now he is in the How do I put this? Fred, You're not an investigative reporter, but you are a disruptor. That's fair. He's a disruptor in Palm.
Speaker 3: Be careful, you got because people, you know, you can't cause health concerns out there.
Speaker 1: No that I don't cause.
Speaker 2: Also that I've heard the hospitals.
Speaker 3: Out there are no good, So you got to be careful. You're going to send these people to these hospitals are no good.
Speaker 1: Fred calls out crooks, and he and he and he takes them to task. Really, he'll go to town halls and he'll call him out, and he'll call Mebby. I might add. I might add that Gary and Shannon are the voices on the show. You're the voices of all of our rejoins at all, Bumpers.
Speaker 4: And I do want to thank you. By the way, I remember that the residual checks that I get from that every single week.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you spectacular good Gary, get paid for that. Things changed here in the mailboxes. Move go to the old mail room.
Speaker 4: Okay, where our key card doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 1: Go right there, Okay, all right, thank you guys for hanging out. Thank you guys, Thank you, Love you guys. Next we go to Phoenix and joined David Vasse, come out, come on right back to you on a Friday short show. Today only two hours for us. We're off at two. Petro sent money after us Dodgers Diamondbacks later today Rodney p Fred Rogan, come on, all right, let's go to Phoenix and welcome in David Vass. Dave, how are you.
Speaker 6: Doing great? The Dodgers are nearing the end of the longest road trip of the season, ten games and ten days, and certainly looking to at least get a split here in Arizona before they head home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a split, Dave is very I mean at this point in the season. Fred talked about this earlier that it's May. Does it really matter? Do you think it matters in May? This series with the Diamondbacks. I mean, they got four games with them and hopefully they can get a split. But if the Diamondbacks go three to one or sweep them, does that affect anything that happens with the Dodgers going forward? Not really.
Speaker 6: They have the best record in baseball. They're twenty five and thirteen, So you know, at this point in time, it's the first time the Diamondbacks have seen a team in the NL West, first time these two teams have faced each other. But by the way these two teams have lined up their starting pitching, it would indicate that it does matter. Because the Dodgers, instead of giving Tony Gonsolin extra day arrest, they have him pitch on Sunday. The Diamondbacks pushback Corbyn Burns from this past Monday to pitch tomorrow. They got Zach Gallan going in the final game of this series. So the way these two teams have lined up their pitching, it certainly would indicate it matters.
Speaker 1: Hey Dave, James Outman, I said earlier in the week, this is critical for him, this call up his performance. Does he really have to show he belongs in the majors this go round?
Speaker 6: I think he has to show that he can contribute to the Dodgers because I'm sure James Outman could play in the major leagues for twenty nine other teams. But if he wants to remain a Dodger, yes, this period of time is critical to show that he can be part of a championship team. It's one thing to start for the Pirates or Marlins. He certainly could do that, but to be on the Dodgers is something different in twenty twenty five. So if he wants to stand the organization, yeah, he has to show out.
Speaker 1: Hey Dave, A lot of excitement around, hasan Kim coming up, his ability to run the bases, his speed. Then he got a couple of hits, which was the big concerns him at the plate. Is he a guy that do you think stays now and they try to work him in or is when guys get back healthy, he goes back down.
Speaker 6: He's staying for the time being, especially with the entreated Taoscar Hernandez. It kind of moves the chain a little bit on having him make a decision about what the Dodgers would do with Kim, even if they were to decide to send him down. When Taoscar Hernandez returns and tom Y Edmond returns, you've found a weapon now that the Dodgers did not have during their run to the World Series. So, you know, I feel like he's going to play a big part down the stretch for the Dodgers just because of the dynamic of speed that they haven't had.
Speaker 1: And Dave, what about Michael Confordo. You know he has struggled, and it's not from lack of effort. What did the Dodgers think is going on?
Speaker 6: I to me, it feels like it's bled into the mental part of it. From my understanding, the Dodger hitting coaches really haven't been able to figure out what is going on with Michael Confordo. Last night was encouraging. Though he hit the ball hard twice, a couple of really good defensive plays robbed him of what would have been a two hit night last night. Obviously everybody's going to focus on him hitting into another double play. It killed the Dodgers rally in the eighth inning. But we'll see, you know, with the left hander Eduardo Rodriguez on the mount tonight, I would imagine this is a good opportunity for Dave Roberts to give Conforto a start off and start Chris Taylor and Latiela. That's that's my guess, Dave.
Speaker 1: So far. I mean, we've given all the injuries that the Dodgers have gone through, and it feels like, and I know we're close to it, feels like they've had much more than any other team in Major League Baseball, but there's still a top the division. Are Are there any concerns, like from you because you're around them all the time, any concerns that you have with this team as they you know, headed to the summer and for the rest of the season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, the biggest concern right now is the fact that they're leaning on their bullpen more than ever. They've pitched more innings than their starters. The Dodger bullpen has thrown more innings than any other bullpen in baseball Dave Roberts has said this a couple of times on this road trip when asked about it, that it's not sustainable. They've got to get longer, deeper starts from their starting pitching to try to ease the burden on that bullpen, and the Dodgers are really good at interchanging pieces. But still it's never great when you see your bullpen on May whatever, May eighth leading the league and innings pitched if you're the Dodgers. That's for teams that are not very good, not for a team that has the best record in baseball. But I will say this, you have to also acknowledge the fact that Tyler Glasnow had three starts that were abbreviated for different reasons and that contributed to the huge bulk of the bullpen burden. But nonetheless they still threw those innings.
Speaker 1: Well, that being said, it's good news that Clayton kersha I'll be back soon, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he should be back a week from Sunday. He's eligible to be activated off the sixty day IL a week from tomorrow, and he's going to make one more start for Oklahoma City that will be on Sunday, and from there he will pitch against the Angels next weekend.
Speaker 1: And and Blake Snell when do we know he's coming back?
Speaker 3: Day?
Speaker 1: Do we know?
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm glad you asked Rodney Snell. Zilla's going to join us on the pregame show tomorrow and he is going to start his throwing program this weekend. So I would assume, you know, with him starting his throwing program now after having a quarterzone injection, you probably will see Snowzilla pick up the baseball in a major league game in the month of June.
Speaker 1: Dave, how do they assess where Ki is?
Speaker 6: Well, he won his first major league game last time out in Atlanta. It's going to be a big challenge for him tonight. Not only the Diamondbacks a very good hitting team, but also they're very aggressive on the basis and that's been problematic for Roki controlling the running games. So it's gonna be interesting tonight to see how that dynamic plays out. But he seems to getting he seems to be getting better each and every start, and he's going deeper into games. So when you pitch once a week, like we talked about, it kind of lends itself to you getting to the sixth in and considering that you're only pitching once a week, I feel like that's a fair demand.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dave, it's been there's been a lot of talk lately about Freddie Freeman kind of agreeing with taking some time off. How do you how have you felt it's sat with him because he's been the iron man, you know, for most of his career. But getting him to kind of welcome, let me take some time off so I can be fresh throughout the whole season. How is that sat with him?
Speaker 6: Well, he hasn't done it, Rodney. The Dodgers were kicking around the idea of him taking a day off the last day Miami, but because he's swinging the bat so well, he's riding a thirteen game hitting streak, I'm sure he told Dave Roberts, I'm not sitting. What I will say similar to you know, the NBA and when there's a blowout, the Stars sit out the fourth quarter. The Dodgers have had that luxury of playing the Marlins six times in the last week, and they've blown them out virtually every game, and they've been able to get Freddie Freeman out of the game early. So that's the way Dave Roberts has managed it during this stretch of time.
Speaker 1: All right, So you have Blake Snell on the pregame showed tomorrow. Dave, who do you have tonight?
Speaker 6: Freddie Freeman? Freddy Freeman's going to join us ahead of Mother's Day?
Speaker 1: Wow, you got the big ones always, Dave, you got the big guests. All right, Well, thanks for jumping on, Thanks for doing this, really appreciate it.
Speaker 6: There's nowhere for them to hide, fred That's why, right, Thanks thanks guys.
Speaker 1: All right? Uh so, who who wants to give their mother or their wife, well, their loved one or their partner the ultimate Mother's Day gift? Who would like to do that? Because we will present that opportunity for you right now. A six six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy the two hundred and fifty dollars Burke Williams gift card. Rodney, what call her number number five for it? All right? Come on, come on, come on down home stretch, Rodney, Pete, Fred Rogan on a Friday. Oh, we don't care Friday. Come on, Freddy, Yeah, we really don't care. Becters. We're about done that in two hours today. Yeah, Oscar and Fullerton. Look at you. You're doing it right, You're living your life the right way. You've done it, You've won it a two hundred and fifty dollars Burke Williams gift card. This Mother's Day AM five seven The La Sports has your chance to win an experience as unique as a mother's love. It's a complimentary eighty minute massage or facial at Burke Williams. Unlock exclusive savings. Visit Burke Williams dot com Forward slash Mother's Day for details. Way to go Oscar. Well done. Okay, So the Dodgers try to get right tonight in Phoenix, Rodney against the Diamondbacks. I'll tell you, Roki Sazaki's a lot of fun to watch.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 1: He is. I want to see him continue. I want to see them keep trotting him out there, and I think he's a young arm that they need to let go. I'm glad that they let him go, even though they got a little shaky, but they let him go to get his first win, which is you got to get through five innings and they did that. So I'm I'm glad that they're they're trotting him out there on a regular basis and letting him go through these growing pains because he's got to learn how to pitch in the big leagues, and when we come to September October, he's got to be battle tested. And some of these early, these early months that he's got to pitch, he's got to learn. Mean that one hundred mile an hour. Everybody can hit that if you throw it down the middle. You know, how do you position your pitches? How do you place your pitches, how do you be strategic in what you're throwing, how do you set up a hitter? Those are the things he's got to learn, because before he could throw that by anybody, he was dominant and all of his stuff was dominant. But he's facing major league hitters right now that know how to analyze a pitcher and hit a pitcher. So he's got to become a pitcher, not a thrower, as you you know, you've said in the best and so I think they got to keep drotting him out there and hopefully he stays healthy because come September October, I think he's going to learn from this and be phenomenal going forward. I think he's a stud I think he's so much fun to watch pitch because right now it's a bit of an adventure, it really is. But you can. Yeah, the raw talent is off the charts. Look at Yamamoto last year. Look at Yamamoto last year. He had to learn to pitch. Now look at him all right. I think Sazaki is very much the same way. He's got to get comfortable, he's got to get adjusted. Boy, when he's when he's ready to go, they're gonna be a few like him. All right, Ronnie, thank you, thank you for a great week. It's been good seeing you this week. Ronnie Kevin. Terrific work again. Appreciate that. Have a good weekend. Happy Mother's Day of Lauren and Rodney. Happy Mother's Day to Holly, Mother's Dad of Rochelle. Absolutely all right, folks, have a good weekend. Talk to Monday.