Speaker 1: Oh Medal, that's are hello, and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy and I am the Cajun Night amraving the metamistic baby. And today is a very special day. We have breached the four digit mark. This is episode one thousand. Good cult members. Yo, this is actually kind of a serendipitous thing. This is this is the next level thing. Jonathan. When you and I started this podcast, well you started this podcast with hat in twenty twenty as a almost.
Speaker 2: A joke, right cut today, it was a joke.
Speaker 3: It was more of a curiosity and wanting to just have an extra hobby outside of work all day.
Speaker 1: But yeah, right then cut to I get involved in August of twenty twenty, and I think we were on episode fifty something fifty or sixty something like that, something early, and we're thinking. I remember us having conversations of like, well, how big do you think this is gonna get? Like how to what level are we going with this? And I remember thinking like, sky's a limit. Fuck it, right that there is no there's no limit other than what we put on ourselves. And you were like, bro, hold on now, and I'm like, fuck it, let's just go let's just send it and see what happens. Now, as we are crossing over that threshold of episode one thousand, there is not many podcasts that have put out one thousand episodes. And by episodes, we are not talking about some fifteen minute chit chat. We're not talking about no thirty minutes. We're talking like our average episode is about two and a half hours long and putting out the level we do.
Speaker 2: Brother, this is not a small feat.
Speaker 3: Oh, It's monumental for sure, and it's something that has lasted, which I think speaks to, first of all, the amount of craziness that has gone on in the world and will continue to go on in the world. Yes, and secondly, are never rending thirst for absolute truth? And without either one of those, the show would, you know, just kind of fade out.
Speaker 1: But it can't and it won't and it must go on. Agree, agreed, And so you know we're at this point now. We have gone through a transition as far as our program is concerned. A lot of people have been questioning where you've been and what happened and all these things. I just went TikTok live the other day. Raven Lee came in for a little bit. You came in for a little bit, and it's like these people are like, bro, is there bad blood between y'all. I don't know where these people get these assumptions from. They just be assuming out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, you kind of people will make up their own story. But I mean I will say, like it's it seems like it would be crazy something crazy that why would I ever not want to do the cult anymore? And you know, people grow, thoughts evolve.
Speaker 2: And there are there are new frontiers to be explored.
Speaker 3: And my thing is is that I've always said that, like, well, ever since, ever since this more recent kind of endeavor that you know, I conspiracies are there to shatter your illusions. Yeah, like your illusion of the world. That's what conspiracies are there for. But once your illusions are shattered, where do you go next? Do you continue and keep on trying to find more proof that this is all one giant illusion? Or do you discover what is beyond that illusion? And that is what I have been trying to do with metamistics.
Speaker 2: That's just my own way.
Speaker 3: Not everybody has the same exact way, right where However, many billions of people they say that are in the world.
Speaker 2: We're all kind of searching for answers. And that's just the route that I decided to take, agreed, And nothing's wrong with that.
Speaker 1: And so I've had to tell so many people like, no, No, Jonathan is looking more into the gnostic and esoteric and occult side of things. His heart isn't in conspiratorial conversation anymore. Sometimes the conversation of conspiracies go towards the esoteric and the occult. That happens naturally from time the time. But you were being drawn in another direction and you were getting kind of burned out on the conspiracy conversation. For the record, nothing's wrong with that. Nothing is wrong with being like, look, I I'm kind of tired, fuck tire boss, I get it, you know. And so you decided to split off and do metamistics full time and you are growing that into its own, happy, healthy, growing individual, if you will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I will say it's one of the best decisions that I feel like I could have made on a personal level. Yeah, because my understanding just in these couple of months of being able to put all my focus and all my you know, all my energy into that has really allowed me to dive both feed in and garner a much better understanding now than I did even just two months ago, because you think about it, you know, your your mind. Most people they go to work and then they come home, they got their family, They do their chores and do whatever you do, and then it's bedtime and then you start all over again. You almost feel like you're living two lives whenever that's going on, because most of the time, people that work see their co workers more than their own family, right, And you're gonna act one way around your co workers and then obviously probably not exactly the same way around your family. You know, you're gonna be loving, You're gonna be sincere, you're gonna be caring.
Speaker 2: Most of the time.
Speaker 3: Your co workers are like, you're there to earn a buck, dude. You know, like you might give your two cents and say I'm sorry if something bad happens or whatever, but you know your heart isn't all the way in it. So I feel like you're living almost in two different worlds. And that was what I was feeling with the Conspiracies, is that my mind was almost splintered that on one show, I'm looking for everything that's wrong in the world, and on the other show, I'm looking for everything that's.
Speaker 2: Right with it.
Speaker 1: And you know, it was kind of a splintering in my mind. And I think both are very very important. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: You need both. There has to be black and white, you know, there has to be.
Speaker 3: Good and evil, and so yeah, I just decided to go all the way into the woo woo end.
Speaker 2: As some cult members might think, there you go.
Speaker 1: And then we went for months trying to think of who would be the best co host, and Raven Lee was the obvious choice. And she has absolutely stepped up to the plate. I mean, a raven You were very conspiratorial minded for years and years, right, Jonathan and I have been friends of yours for years, and you've very much been in the conversation from a different perspective, of course, but that's a good thing in my opinion. And you have picked up the ball and ran with it. And I mean, in the short time that you have been a full on host of the Cult of Conspiracy here would you say that your understanding of the world has deepened, it's been more solidified, it's been altered.
Speaker 2: Where are you at?
Speaker 4: I would say that I've learned a good bit so far about things that I had knowledge on, but not as much knowledge on so as I've been diving more into things, and I've learned a lot about other things that I had no idea about. I mean, I might have heard about a term here or there, but I didn't really put forth a lot of effort into learning about it. So it's been an interesting journey so far of learning things, finding that balance of still reading about all of this stuff and not letting it consume you. Because like when she especially with the whole Epstein file dump yesterday or two days ago, now you know, it's it's pretty intense the rabbit holes that have sprung from that, And I mean, we all knew anyways, but then when you start finding out more and more and more and more. I have, like, no joke, forty five tabs open right now from just like six different talking points that have led into all sorts of things that have tied into things that I didn't even know about. And it's just like the rabbit hole is never ending, and finding that balance is always going to be an interesting thing for everybody, I think, because we all knew that it was bad and really bad. But now it's even more intertwined, and it's you know, it's it's almost to the point where it's like, man, you know, nothing is real and everything is an illusion. And at this point, I'm ready to just wipe the slate clean of all of it and just you know, figure out, go to a farm and just live my life on a farm. But I know I've I've definitely learned a lot. I've met a lot of amazing people so far. I talked to a lot of the cult members almost daily.
Speaker 5: Actually, I talked to quite a few.
Speaker 4: Of them on different social media platforms and stuff, and so it's been really cool to develop more of a community, hear different people's perspectives, and just kind of dive more deeper into trying to understand the world around us and what to do from there, I guess, but I understand where Jonathan's coming from, because it gets kind of dark here and it's hard to shift, you know, sift through all the crap and figure out exactly how you want to move forward in life. When everything seems like it's in a big illusion, you're kind of trapped in it. So it gets pretty heavy. But I understand why he went woo woo and stuff. But that's you know, I think it's a balance that we all have to learn when you're in the conspiracy community. So yeah, I've enjoyed it thus far. I've learned a lot. I keep learning a lot, and I swear to God every day they're doing more crazy bullshit that it's like.
Speaker 2: They are though that's not a crazy thought. They keep doing shit.
Speaker 4: Okay, So two random super side notes, so that, but it had been like just consuming me all day.
Speaker 5: So the Borderlands. I don't play a lot of video games. We all know this. I'm not a big gamer.
Speaker 4: There are certain games that I actually really obsess over, and Bortolands happens to be one of them. So I bought the big package when it came out, the Borlins four last year when it came out, and I haven't really had an actual moment to sit down and play until today. And so me and my middle child sat and played pretty much all day. And what's interesting is one of my characters, my character, I kept pushing a button because, like they a lot of stuff has changed, and I noticed it was injecting him like himself with stuff.
Speaker 5: And I didn't pay attention.
Speaker 4: At first, I did it a few times and then I saw it popped up on the screen. Do you want to know what he was injecting himself with adernochrome?
Speaker 5: Yep? I was joking, Holy fuck, yep, I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 2: It's sice.
Speaker 4: You can yeah, you can YouTube it and it actually says adrenochrome right there. And I was like, you have got to be fucking kidding me, because there's a lot of symbolism already in Borland's like, if you know what to look for, there's a lot of symbolisms on the wall, and there's like walls of things and all.
Speaker 5: Sorts of stuff. I could not believe it.
Speaker 4: So that was the first thing I was like, what last night I put on Megan two point zero. I've never seen the first Megan movie, and I just happened to be like, you know, let me just put it on whatever. I just have it in the background. The little bits I paid attention to the first forty five minutes of the movie is identical almost to what Elon just talked about at the World Economic Form.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the movie came.
Speaker 4: First, by the way, Yeah, we're all wondering that. So his entire talking points and what him and Bill Gates and Zuckerberg are talking about doing with the wanting to put the chip on you and stuff, you know, the AI sinking to be able to sink to your phone and all this stuff.
Speaker 5: The bad guy, you know in the movie, he has one.
Speaker 4: He has a has a thing in the back of his neck to help him stand up and do all this stuff with AI. But he also has the chip right here and he you know, uses it to make phone calls. And the way that some of the language that they were using, just in the little bit of time I watched it is almost eerily identical everything that's being said by Elon, by Gates and everybody else when it comes to the frontier and pioneering of AI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just those two things.
Speaker 4: And I watched Greenland too last night too, So like Man Full Circle, just Conspiracy World happening in the last like twelve hours, I feel like, or twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: So and that's the thing. It's in plane sight. Everybody can watch these movies. Everybody can see these sources. Everybody can look at the attacks that are about to go down and ran and see what's happening. But it takes a certain perspective shift for you to be able to look at it in the and I use this term very loosely in the conspiratorial way, to look at the big picture and be like, huh, now, that's very similar to something that happened a few decades ago or a century ago, and it's it's it all ties together, it really does. And that's the other side of this, right, And if you want to take it to an occult level, to a spiritual level, to a religious level, to whatever, it doesn't matter it. The global elites are playing by a certain playbook. That's not a hot take. That's a mathematical guarantee at this point. And it's only once you start looking at things through that lens that you actually see it. Because realistically, Raven fifteen years ago, if that movie would have come out and you would have watched it, the Robot what was it called Anika.
Speaker 5: No, it's called Megan two point oh, Megan.
Speaker 2: Two point oh.
Speaker 1: If that movie would have come out fifteen years ago, would you have taken it like, oh shit, we're there right now, or would you have taken it like the Will Smith I Robot movie?
Speaker 2: Real talk?
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's AI is one of those things. Though you can't really ask me if I would take it, because I definitely have been this way since I was a kid when it comes to technology. A AI, so like Terminator really did the number on me, and.
Speaker 2: Then Terminator fucked a lot of us up real shit.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, like, watch it all the time.
Speaker 4: It was one of my dad's favorite movies, so I watched it pretty consistently, and then I watched you know, my parents were super big into movies and stuff, so I watched a lot of old movies and the newer movies all about AI and computers. And I've always been, since a child, pretty not on board when it came to technology, and that's just I've always felt like it's going to be the end all be all of all of us. And so, yeah, the Maigan conversation, but like Greenland, that was an interesting one. So the second one isn't really conspiratorial, and I didn't see really anything that was super conspiratorial. The first one was more or less you know, talking about Greenland and stuff like that. But yeah, no, it's it's one of those things of once you start recognizing things and you start seeing.
Speaker 5: Them more and more and more, Like there is a person that just.
Speaker 4: Went to Disney, that went the Disney World, I think, and they took a video of one of the rides, and in the ride itself, it had a whole bunch of pedophilic symbolism throughout the entire ride, like hidden in certain places. And you know, people ride this ride every single day, but it takes somebody that is seeing all of this and that understands that, like, Okay, you know these things are actually intentionally done, and so I get what you're saying. It's just it's wild to me. Everything's in plane sight. Every single fucking thing possible is in plain sight. And they don't even care anymore, Like they just they haven't cared for.
Speaker 5: A long time.
Speaker 4: And I think this whole Epstein file dump is really shaking the entire globe, honestly, because people The problem is is that I've been struggling. I've actually gone through hundreds of files already trying to find what everyone's looking for. I've looked up all the different file numbers.
Speaker 5: They're gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So according to a lot.
Speaker 4: Of the people that I've watched, they're saying that the DOJ released it and then deleted it, and that some of the people were right on it waiting it for it to happen, and we're able to download it. I'm struggling to find the actual one. So but they hold that a story.
Speaker 1: But they released it though they did what they said they were going to do. Now, whether you can or can't find the files, that's a u problem. The DOJ did their job and released it.
Speaker 3: To your point, it is be able to find it on the way back machine.
Speaker 4: If it was one I'm trying. I went to the archive of the archive dot org one where this one guy that has like copies of everything. I actually did download a lot of the copies from people's instagram. Actually you can actually download the copies if you click on it right. So I downloaded and printed out a lot of the files that I could find from other people. I can't find the original sources, so that's really hard because there is a lot of AI stuff going around with that right now. There's there's so many rabbit holes, so trying to find exactly what's true and what's not is is kind of difficult.
Speaker 5: But I hope that we can do. It's honestly probably gonna be like.
Speaker 4: Two to three episode long situation because I have so much and I haven't even gotten halfway through some of it, and it's just it's never ending. I feel like at this point, we're never going to run out of a job. And no, we're not thinking more shit between that and the pandemic or the epidemics, not even pandemic. It's called an epidemic because it's shifted all the way into that already.
Speaker 2: Sure, of course, we got that new one that's about to hit us.
Speaker 1: And apparently it's five times more deadly than a fucking virus that was one percent deadly or some shit.
Speaker 4: Who fucking it's forty it's forty to seventy five percent fatality rate.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember when they said COVID was ninety two percent.
Speaker 5: Well, it's migrating to the brain. That's the issue.
Speaker 4: That it's going straight to the brain, and it's incurable as of right now.
Speaker 1: I will start shaking in my boots when I'll start seeing some death tolls.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with.
Speaker 4: You, I definitely am gonna do an episode on it because I've been watching it. I've been watching a lot of the surgeons and doctors talk about it, so I'm curious to see what's gonna what the new regulations are going to be, because they're already pushing forward a whole bunch of stuff with it.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure CNN is going to keep up that death Told ticker up at the top right corner got to Oh, yeah, they gotta spread that fear.
Speaker 2: That's just what they're all about.
Speaker 1: And see, this is this is the point, right Whenever Jonathan and I were looking at who would be a good replacement, who would be able to fill these shoes and take the ball and run with it, Ravenlee was an obvious choice. Obvious like this wasn't like, man, I don't know that, Like no, this is like clearly this is the only person that.
Speaker 2: Could step into this position. And so here we are.
Speaker 1: Here we are good cult members, one thousand episodes on the books.
Speaker 5: And I can't want to be alive.
Speaker 2: Oh it always is, it always is.
Speaker 4: We just we just reached in February first, which is happy Embolic everyone, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: First time I ever did a massive mushroom trip was at Embolic at a big festival. So good things, good memories all the way through. But my point is we are an episode one thousand. I can't wait till we all sit down to do episode two thousand, Episode five thousand, Episode ten thousand. Honestly, I don't know when this is going to be. I know it's gonna happen. It's just my god. The roller coaster that one thousand has been has been epic. I cannot I can't even conceive what the rest of this is going to look like.
Speaker 2: But there's nobody I'd rather do it with than y'all. To be honest with you, So here we are.
Speaker 5: If we make it to oh, we gonna make it.
Speaker 4: The world, if the world don't end by then, Like at this point, that's true, I can't I can't wait to go down the rabbit hole of the Lifeboat Foundation with you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you looked into that and the Space students.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, No.
Speaker 4: I actually spent a solid four hours on their website signed up for it and everything so I could get into.
Speaker 1: All of this is an episode coming soon, good cold members. This is not something we're gonna spend no time on tonight.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's a wild ride.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm so glad that you're already read in on these things, because.
Speaker 2: So am I, and it's gonna be a wild one. So here we go the way.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're going to purchase a silo for the cult conspiracy because there's four that are available right now for purchase.
Speaker 1: Yo, I'm down. But what's the price is looking like? The last time I checked, it was stupid.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: One of them is not bad, and it's massive. The plan I will looked at the entire plans. It's like one point five million, which is not that bad.
Speaker 2: That's not that bad. What I mean, let me just pull it out of my early trust fund and down it.
Speaker 5: Bro Well, I mean the houses an Organ are literally like a million dollars each.
Speaker 2: No one lives an Organ raven. We got to leave Organ in the Pacific Northwest where it belongs.
Speaker 4: But I'm but the taxes actually weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be. They were like forty k and I.
Speaker 5: Was like, okay, I really thought they were gonna be way worse.
Speaker 2: Where's the silo located? Is it in Utah with the Mountain Jews?
Speaker 5: There's two in Texas right now?
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Well, and I actually do is you can.
Speaker 4: I found the website where you can find where you can buy them, and like where you can find and go and tour them. It all started because of Epstein, and then I went to life Boat, and life Boat went to another. The trail that I went on last night, it was epic. But yeah, no Titan one is for sale right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, we might have to talk about this offline.
Speaker 3: Realia, you gotta start a religion and then write that purchase off as your church, and that would just be the way right there.
Speaker 1: I've already looked into it, and it's actually embarrassingly easy to start your own religious movement. There's like four things you have to do and it's not hard. You could start a gym right now and claim that every member that goes to your gym is going to like, uh.
Speaker 2: You know, strengthen their their own temple, i e. Their body.
Speaker 1: Therefore when they go to the gym, it's a religious experience.
Speaker 2: It's so it's embarrassing.
Speaker 5: I would write a religion for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm down.
Speaker 5: I'm down the whole ass religion.
Speaker 4: I'd be a part of it, or actually I make it.
Speaker 2: You'd be the queen goddess.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, I'd be the goddess shit.
Speaker 1: I'm good with just being a fucking uh whatever the new religion is. I'll just be like a monk, like a friar, whatever whatever we call that thing.
Speaker 2: You just gotta make sure you shave the circle on your head. Bro, when the yo, I will rock a scullet.
Speaker 1: When the time comes and this hair climbs too far back, I'm not cutting the locks. It's just I'm gonna rock a fucking sick, nasty scullet for like a solid decade, just let everybody know where my white trash line starts and ends, you know what I'm saying, And then after a decade of disgusting people, then I'll shave and be a normal human being again. But I'm got I gotta solid ten years of debauchery in me, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I can see it's.
Speaker 1: Being a full on fucking white menace with the fucking scullet.
Speaker 4: I wonder if we could make a religion where, like where we somehow preserve you know, Actually, I actually have an idea for it.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid no.
Speaker 5: It's actually a positive thing, and it's a It's.
Speaker 4: Actually based off of a really weird TV show that I've seen and it's all about.
Speaker 2: Now what But no, ok, first off.
Speaker 5: There would be no raping women.
Speaker 2: Of course not that's horrible, Raven.
Speaker 4: It's literally the whole premise of the bitch Like is to rape the women and get them pregnant.
Speaker 2: I come on, right, right, it's about perspective here.
Speaker 4: But what if I'm going to make you know what, we just have the menace as cattle.
Speaker 2: I guess just oh, the men are cattle.
Speaker 1: No, the children are gonna be cattle to do all the work. Obviously, the children. You're in for the mines, Ravenlee.
Speaker 2: Obviously so deep into earth, dude, that's what's crazy.
Speaker 5: It like goes into like bridge. It's so massive.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, just like Robert de Niro and meet the parents. It's got He's like, ye, got nipples, Greg, Can you milk me?
Speaker 2: Which is crazy because you can. That's a thing.
Speaker 1: What if men take testosterone and then don't step off the right way?
Speaker 2: They can lactate.
Speaker 5: It's not real milk, but yes, they make quote unquote.
Speaker 1: Which is milk whatever you want to say. Yes, if it's got nipples, it can in fact be milked. So like speaking of nipples, Oh, for the love.
Speaker 2: Of God, what where the fuck are we going, Raven.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I just learned this, and I don't know how in all of my years of study, I didn't know this. But I learned that women have a nipple line that goes from the arm to the groin and it's a V so on both sides.
Speaker 5: From the nipples down to the groin can be anywhere can grow a nipple.
Speaker 2: So we are, in fact mammals, and you can't have six nipples.
Speaker 4: That's a real thing, yes, and that women have in fact, because I've heard about it through the grape fine of birthing stuff, that women have grown random nipples during pregnant scene.
Speaker 2: I was like, I know, a woman with a third nipple.
Speaker 4: Really strange, you know, and whatnot. And then I saw this video and I was like what. So then of course I had to look into it because my mind can't like let shit go. And then I read into it and I'm slightly horrified in the.
Speaker 1: Sense like so the woman I'm talking about, for the record, I went to high school with her son.
Speaker 2: He was a buddy of mine. Nick.
Speaker 1: If you're out there, I'm not going to drop your last name because I want to embarrass you.
Speaker 2: But I love your death. Brother.
Speaker 1: He also has a third nipple. Apparently it's a hereditary trait, and I thought he was joking till he showed me. It's like, yeah, my mom's got it too. I'm like, I'm sorry, fucking what. Apparently when she was pregnant, that bitch lactated that third one absolutely produced milk, and it's like but it's like maybe an inch lower than her already there nipples.
Speaker 4: So it's like here all the way down down like down your sides into your ruin, and it was a whole thing.
Speaker 5: I can't, like, I can't let it go now that I.
Speaker 1: Know this, I just having a nipple on like your second ab down on one of your sides, and like that's also weird.
Speaker 2: In his zone.
Speaker 5: Oh god.
Speaker 4: This conversation came about because this nipple got grown on this lady's stomach.
Speaker 5: And she was like, the fuck is this?
Speaker 4: And I was like, girl, I'd be having a whole fucking meltdown, like an absolute meltdown if like nipples just popped up.
Speaker 3: Dude, forget an extra nipple, you know, until I see a second vagina on you, that not be impressed.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Like they have them. They do have them double vaginas.
Speaker 1: There's a woman that's going on kill Tony twice now who has two vaginas.
Speaker 2: Now one of them pretty much never got past the.
Speaker 1: Level of like infancy, but it is still there and has its own labias internal So you got like the main the main spasm chasm, right, and then inside that there's two holes.
Speaker 2: One of them they have to use like.
Speaker 1: A what's the word, no, no, no, no, it's a speculum, but for infants, basically it's like an infant speculum to do the the GUYO has to do that on one side and then a regular speculum.
Speaker 2: On the other. They've made all the jokes you can think of on kill Tony. I love the show. But that is a thing that woman then apparently.
Speaker 1: Not but apparently she only has one set of ovaries, so like it's there, but it's not functioning, but is there. But they do in fact have a second vagina, but it's behind the knee.
Speaker 2: But you gotta believe it's there.
Speaker 1: As of Glenn Quagmire, doun said it you have to really believe it's there.
Speaker 2: And you can find that that gold, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yes, anyway, we're getting way off into the weeds.
Speaker 5: Here, way way off in the topic.
Speaker 4: Sorry, but we've talked about it and I needed to share with somebody else what I learn because I can't get over it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it. You know.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, we used to do a pre show, and I feel like that just lined up with what we just got done doing because now the show starts.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 3: And what we have for the good cult members is three separate talking points here that we're all each going to be bringing. Raven is going to be bringing hers, Jacob will have his, and I will have mine as well. And so this is three shows in one and we couldn't think of any better way to celebrate episode one thous.
Speaker 2: While yeah, than all three of.
Speaker 3: Us having our own shows all in one's. It is a conspiracy celebration. And here you are, so hopefully your brain doesn't, you know, just malfunction with all of this third eye opening madness that we're about to go into.
Speaker 2: But here we go. And Jacob, did we decide that I'm going first or you are?
Speaker 5: Yep, you're going first.
Speaker 2: You're going first, brother.
Speaker 1: So for all the good cult members, this is some might say our favorite conspiracies as of this moment. It's very subject to change. Six months from now, we might have whole new favorites.
Speaker 5: But were we supposed to have our favorite conspiracy?
Speaker 2: Oh, Raven, Yes, that was supposed to be it.
Speaker 5: Oh my bad.
Speaker 4: This dropped into my lap and I was like, I can't not not talk about it now.
Speaker 1: But that's fine, because your favorite is A is a fluid thing, right. My favorite movie today is not the same favorite movie I had ten years ago.
Speaker 2: It depends you grow.
Speaker 4: It oh so well now, and I fucked up the assignment, but I mean to be fair, it is about AI, so like we all know how much I feel about AI.
Speaker 3: It's saying so it ties in yes, yes, and and I don't even know if this is my favorite technically. I just I love this movie that we're going to be talking about. And anybody that has ever seen Zy like absolutely mind opening movies that have hit you in more ways than you thought they would, such as The Matrix. Everybody mentions The Matrix and there are so many allegories and so many things that you can really pull from that movie. Another great one that I feel like it's slept on way more than it needs to, especially for anybody involved in conspiracies or spiritual shit.
Speaker 2: This is why I wanted to bring this one to the show. We are going to be diving all the way in to The Truman Show came out in nineteen ninety eight Jim Carrey and it's it's actually a lot deeper than most people think. And what happened was, it was about a week or so ago, Sean and I got invited to come on as guests onto the Great Pield podcast over there with Jewels or Patriot, the Yeah Jewels and the Occult Rejects and couple others that were there too. It was really really awesome, and they invited us to come over there and talk about something, and so I was like, you know what, I want to really go in there with a fucking banger of an idea. And they loved it.
Speaker 3: They straight up said, this is our this is one of our best shows that we've ever done, and as a matter of fact, we want to make it a regular thing that we start doing shit like this. And then we went on to talking Stit with with Derek Stitt and loved him. Got done with that show and he was like dude, I'm not even gonna lie. This was my favorite show I've ever done, and I was like, well, the show must go on, and so why not bring it over to the Cult of Conspiracy for episode one thousand and just see what the cult members think about it.
Speaker 2: Now, what I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: Do is try and impress what you should think, or what you should believe, or what you should.
Speaker 2: Take from this movie.
Speaker 3: There are many different ways to skin a cat, right, And you can look at at one thing from a bunch of different perspectives and get a bunch of different perspectives on it. And so that's what I'm going to try to do. I'm going to try and wrap it all together.
Speaker 1: And this is actually a more gnostic understanding. Now, I know a lot of listeners here are Christian. So I'm not gonna tell you that what you think is wrong or right or I'm not that guy.
Speaker 3: I used to be that guy. I don't want to be that guy anymore. Who am I to tell.
Speaker 2: Anybody what is right or wrong? That's where I like to come from.
Speaker 3: I would never condemn anybody to a dark place for thinking one way or another.
Speaker 2: That's just my thing.
Speaker 3: That being said, you can look at this this movie in multiple ways, and most people will watch The Truman Show and be like, see, I told you we lived on a flat Earth and it was in a dome and we're being monitored six ways to Sunday, all those different cameras that are in that movie, and this is all one giant scripted reality and they know your every move. You could look at it like that, and to be honest, that's kind of what I thought the first few times that I watched it. However, after doing a bit of a deeper dive and researching all the things that I have researched, I am now looking at this movie in a completely different way. And that way not to say that I even align myself with Gnostic ideology.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting. Do I think that that is the be all, end all truth.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think there is one, just personally me from that peace.
Speaker 2: Of mind now.
Speaker 3: So the I do want to say, for anybody who doesn't know what gnosticism is nastissism, it was around for all quite a long time, and a lot of the Gnostics were mixing in their stories with the biblical canon stories, and then that's ultimately why correct me if I'm wrong. Ultimately, why all the different councils with your boy Emperor Constantine decided to get together and.
Speaker 2: Say, all right, we got to separate all this shit. There's one true story and all these fake stories are going around. We got to narrow it down. They eventually ended up narrowing it down to sixty six books.
Speaker 3: But before that happened, all of these stories were all in. They were all circulating, right, and.
Speaker 2: You're not You're not far off here.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just Constantine, but yes, the Gnostic conversation came about right after the death of Jesus, and for about two hundred years they had so many people that were saying that this is truth, even though they weren't first hand accounts. They had nothing to do with the apostles. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, Maybe it was plagarized, maybe it was forgery. We you know, the subject to interpretation and historical documentation can fight the fight on that. I mean, that's even why the Muslims believe what they believe about Jesus is because Mohammed was a Gnostic and so a lot of his stories about Jesus' crucifixion ties in with the gnostic conversation because he wasn't there.
Speaker 2: It was six hundred years after the fact.
Speaker 1: And so, yeah, the original councils and all these things the early church fathers got together, was like, Okay, bring me every book that's got the name Jesus in it, and let's get it together. Let's get a full on start to finish storyline on this and see what is and is not factual, what is fan fic and all the things.
Speaker 2: So you're not very far off on this whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Ah, that is very new to me to say that Mohammad was a gnostic me, oh, very much. So did you read any of the ship that he said? Like, does not point like you think about all the rules that they have within Islam, that's not gnostic at all.
Speaker 2: At first, I'm hearing that.
Speaker 1: You say that their rules quote unquote are very much guidelines. And I mean whenever they do talk about Jesus, they talk about how he wasn't crucified. It was his spirit that was crucified, not his physical body, which is a very gnostic conversation. There's a lot of things about Mary Magdalene, there's a lot of things about his birth and yeah, basically so, and we're not we're not taking a side tangent here. But Muhammad was a war lord who grew up and pretty much thrived on the Silk Road, and with that you had a lot of the mythraic religions and you had a lot of the gnostic storytelling that went on. Muhammad himself was illiterate, so he only knew about Jesus what he had heard word of mouth, and a lot of the word of mouth about Jesus going on in the Silk Road was in fact very gnostic in conversation, so he kind of blended a little bit of Torah, a little bit of narcissism, a little bit of his own thing.
Speaker 2: And he was also like the most obvious false.
Speaker 1: Prophet ever even by the word of Islam, by their own depictions of what a false prophet would look like. It's really crazy that they bought into this dude shit, But we're not doing that on this episode.
Speaker 2: But anyway, anyway, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, yeah, people have definitely bought things for a lot cheaper. Oh you know what I'm saying, So it doesn't surprise me. There's a lot of people that are not willing to put in their own spiritual work and understand you know, God or the creation or whatever within themselves. So they'll look outward to other people who may have stumbled across the story. And usually the story that you end up believing is something that you grew up in or something that like it's from somebody that you respect and you feel like they're they're they got a pretty good head on their shoulders. So I'm just gonna go with that. Yeah, that's pretty much what I found. And and hey, I mean, how however you got to where you are in your spiritual journey, that's how you got there.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 3: Now that being said, nosis, as far as the Gnostics go, nosis is is something that means hidden knowledge. It's like the hidden knowledge, the hidden wisdom, uh, that is within you. That's what they believed, not because it was like a secret or anything. And this is what I actually think that a lot of secret societies, I believe secret societies went in secret not.
Speaker 2: Because it was they were they were.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure some of them were, you know, practicing bad shit. There's no doubt about it. You're always gonna have a fucking turn in the punch bowl. But I think for the most part why they went in secret and the Freemasons on every windows or any of that kind of shit, I think that it's because of possible repercussions from the outside and from the masses. Because if you're you know, I don't know, drawing a fucking salted pentagram and lighting some candles and calling on what is deemed a demon or something like that, you're probably gonna get run out of town. So you do it underground, you do it in secret. And that's what I believe anyway.
Speaker 2: But as far as the Gnostics, they were kind of the same way. Not necessarily.
Speaker 3: I mean, a lot of them are very loud and proud, but for the ones that actually got it, it was almost like you gained that secret knowledge. And now that the thing is is that they believe that secret knowledge was not found from any book, it wasn't found from any man, it wasn't found on anything in the outside world, because they believed that the world was basically an illusion, right. They actually they call it the knoma, which is basically the same thing as maya, which is illusion, but they called it the canoma. And we're going to get to that, but uh, just wanted to say that you know, gnoscissism comes from knowledge from within and for anybody that doesn't know, that's what they were claiming anyway.
Speaker 1: I mean, secret societies have existed since ancient Greece, actually ancient Egypt.
Speaker 2: We're going to go all the way back.
Speaker 1: And some of that was, like you said, because they wanted to be out of the way of prying eyes that might judge them for whatever they were doing. Some of that was because, like they only wanted the initiated right, They only wanted the select few who were willing to put in seven years of silence or willing to put in x amount of dollars or x amount of their actual self into the organization to be like, Okay, this this person here has gone above and beyond. We can trust him to be a part of the fold, if you will. That was very dark in nature. Some of it was, honestly, just to keep it exclusive. There's a little bit of both to be real well.
Speaker 3: And also they believe that, you know, milk was for the masses, and and not everybody would be able to understand this stuff at an early period in their journey, sure kind and you did have to go through a lot of really rigorous initiation roles really, and I've dude, I've gone into a lot of them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have to go in seven years of silence, just like with pythagorasts. Sometimes you literally like you got to go out into the woods and try and survive for a week or multiple weeks or whatever. Usually that is for the young. They'll send the young out into the woods and you come back and all that stuff. Actually, I'm going to be bringing that up here in a second.
Speaker 2: But a bunch of weird initiation things as far as the Gnostic stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there were initiation stuff. I didn't really dive that deep.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm not one hundred percent sure. But I do have a quote here, and this is.
Speaker 3: From an amazing YouTube channel called Forbidden Nosis on YouTube. Definitely everybody go check them out if you're into what we're about to get into.
Speaker 2: This is his quote. He goes.
Speaker 3: They say that The Truman Show is one of the most precise Gnostic allegories ever put to film, a nearly perfect movie translation of ancient Gnostic texts discovered in Nagamadi that describes reality as a prison created by a false god. Humanity as divine beings trapped in ignorance and awakening that is a dangerous process, seeing through the illusion and escaping toward true freedom. Every major element of this film christoph as the demiurge, Sea Haven as the material world prison, Truman's glitches and suspicions as his nosis is beginning to awaken, Sylvia as Sophia calling calling from beyond the dome, and Truman's final crossing of water and ascent through the door as our souls escape from the arconic control. It maps directly onto Gnostic cosmology with such precision that it's impossible to believe that it's accidental. This is a deliberate, carefully constructed retelling of the Gnostic spiritual narrative for a modern audience, and once you understand the Gnostic framework, you can never watch the film the same way again. So just wanted to throw that out there, so you know what you're getting into.
Speaker 2: A little bit. Okay, let's dive in.
Speaker 3: All right now, there are some words that I'm gonna be I'm gonna be saying and for anybody that is not very well versed within Gnosticism, these are some of the like the keywords that I'm going to be saying in the notes so that the you understand when I'm what I'm talking about. The first word is one that I called said earlier, called the kinoma. They just it's the false world. It's the false reality. They literally believe that reality is an illusion. It actually translates kinoma literally translates to emptiness or deficiency in Gnostic cosmology. It's the false, hollow realm that is created by the Demiurge and ruled by the Arkans. So the arcons basically work for the Demiurge. They're working to keep the illusion up. And they work to keep the illusion up, not necessarily by like you know, going and uh fixing patches and walls so that you don't see the ones and zeros behind the curtain or anything. The arcons are there to reinforce the individual that what you see is your reality, So don't think that there's anything beyond it.
Speaker 2: Got that's that's an arc that's the rule of the Arkans.
Speaker 1: And obviously anybody that's seen the Truman Show, literally everybody in there is a fucking ARCon. Literally everybody that lives at Sea Haven is an ARCon, except for the people that like break through that you know, his his.
Speaker 5: His wife and his best friend are both like that.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: They are trying to keep up the charade, right and constantly trying to reinforce it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the kenoma.
Speaker 3: Is a is a artificial it's it's essentially what the gnostics believe that the knoma is a copy of the of the paloma, which the plerooma is like God, essentially like the land of God kind of, It's almost like Heaven from what I understand that it's. And so this this kinoma is is like a fake copy of it.
Speaker 2: It's usually maintained through fear and ignorance, and it's only escaped. You can only.
Speaker 3: Escape the false illusion of reality known as kenoma through gnosis, which is direct knowing, so and and so. As far as the Truman Show goes, Sea Haven is a manufactured world enclosed by a literal dome. Everything is curated, whether it be the the weather, the people, the jobs. And Truman doesn't live in reality. He essentially lives in a simulation that is designed to feel real. Right, So that is the the kenoma.
Speaker 1: Then the demiurge. I feel like a lot of people know what this word means. But if not, we're going to go into it. The Demiurge in the movie is known as Christoph. He's the one that is like he's up in the moon and he's calling the shots, and he's basically like Truman's dad.
Speaker 2: Almost right, that's the director.
Speaker 5: Shit, it's like the god.
Speaker 2: He's wearing the Kangol hat. Yeah you know, yeah, yeah that so Christoph.
Speaker 3: Or the Demiurge is uh, the Demiurge in gnosticism is a false god, not like an evil false god like a cartoon or anything like that. But but but the the Demiurge is ignorant, controlling, and obsessed with order. He believes that he is the highest authority. He believes that there is nothing beyond himself. He doesn't even know that there's anything beyond himself. He's the fake God. And so within the true show, Christoph sits above the world, literally in the sky, in the moon room. The he lives in the moon. Basically, he speaks with godlike authority, manipulates reality, and claims that he loves Truman, yet he refuses to try and let him leave. Okay, so that's not real love. That's called control. Yeah, that's just what the demiurge does. Then you got the arkans. The arcans, as we were talking about earlier, arcans are the rulers of the material realm.
Speaker 2: They're gate keepers who distract you, deceive you, and enforce the illusion. Within the Truman Show, Truman's wife, his best friend, his co workers, the radio hosts, and and everything else is all arconic. When Truman tries to wake up, they gaslight him, they redirect him, or emotionally manipulate him. Arconic behavior one hundred percent. Right.
Speaker 3: So it says that arcans don't need to convince you that the world is real. They only need to keep you busy so that you don't question it, Like keep your mind off of it. You know, Oh you saw a glitch on the matrix here, how about a beer, you know, let's talk. Let's talk about the game, you know, like bullshit like that. Nextly you have Sophia. So Sophia within gnosticism is divine wisdom that falls into the material realm and sparks an awakening. She's she's not here to save you or anything like that.
Speaker 2: She's just here to.
Speaker 1: Remind you of your divinity so that you can try and pull yourself out of the illusion. She's the spark, right, and so within the in the Truman Show.
Speaker 2: Sylvia is Sophia.
Speaker 3: Sylvia is the one that he wants to be with but can right, everybody is trying to keep them from being together, and so Sylvia tells Truman. So Sophia, divine Sophia essentially is trying to tell Truman the truth, trying to tell true the Truman the truth, and is forcibly removed, but once seen and she cannot be unseen. He she's like all the way stuck in his mind. It's the only thing he thinks about the entire movie. He's talking about, I want to go to Fiji, because whenever she's taken by her dad in quotations not really your dad, taken by your dad.
Speaker 2: He says, oh, we're moving to Fiji.
Speaker 1: And so he's obsessed with trying to figure out how to get to Fiji literally the entire movie. And so if it wasn't for Sylvia bringing that like divine spark, almost maybe he would have never really cared to try and get out.
Speaker 3: So that was kind of needed as far as Sophia. That's what Sophia stands.
Speaker 2: For we talked about what nosis is.
Speaker 3: All right, you already know what the firmament is, and here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, So are you ready to go all the way into this movie? Anybody that's ever seen this movie? Everybody fox with this movie hard, right, like it is one of the best movies.
Speaker 2: Of all time. Yeah, yep, okay.
Speaker 3: So I'm watching this movie the other day and I was like, I want to try and see without even doing any looking up any videos.
Speaker 2: I don't want to look at any anybody else's notes.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try and see if I can get this on my own, just where I am in my path, my slightly decent understanding of gnosticism. What can I find in esotericism? There's a little bit of mixture of both.
Speaker 3: So I'm watching the movie and the first sign of symbolism in the movie is the neighbor's Dalmatian dog and his name is Pluto jumps on Truman. All right, So you already know where I'm gonna go with this. Dalmatians are black and white, right, and there's obviously the symbolism there. So there's actually this This scene is actually symbolic in several different ways. The black and white colors of the Dalmatian is symbolic of the duality of life. That's why you obvious see the Freemasons with the black and white checkerboard floors. It's all about the duality of life and about how they are above it. That's what the Freemasons believe, that they are above the duality of life. All the rest of the poor, the masses, whatever, you're off on the chessboard, we're above that shit, right, And that's that's a Freemason thought.
Speaker 2: Anyway, where was I? Okay?
Speaker 3: So it's the way that the system keeps people under control by giving them the illusion of free will, but they keep themselves self governed with the illusion of only two choices. Most people you see, they believe that they only have two choices.
Speaker 2: I can do this or I can do that.
Speaker 1: That's about it, right, And so that's like dualistic thinking. You're putting yourself in a box whenever you're doing that.
Speaker 2: That's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 4: I've actually looked at this movie from when I took psychology. I had to look at it from an anthropology point of view.
Speaker 5: It is one of those movies that you had to break down.
Speaker 4: Because it's heavy, heavy, in psychology as well.
Speaker 3: So hell yeah, dude, it is very, very symbolic all the way through.
Speaker 2: So did you do? Okay?
Speaker 3: So the dog's name being Pluto in mythology, Pluto stands for Hades in Greek mythology, right, Pluto stands for Hades, lord of the underworld. Hades is the guardian of death, fear, and the unconscious mind. Also wanted to mention that it's also Pavlovian fear anchoring. So whenever he first gets jumped on by the dog, he's like scared of this dog. He's like, oh God, he's like, you know, panicking almost whenever he's getting jumped on, and it's almost Pavlovian if you ever heard of Pavlogs, Pavlov's dog.
Speaker 2: We're about to get into here for a second. So it's so symbolic.
Speaker 3: Several different things are going on at the same time to try and reinforce his fear to keep him wanting to stay here and never leaving. Right, So all that, of course, it makes sense because Pavlov is one of them. Is most known for his studies where he found that dogs could learn to salivate in response to a neutral stimulus like a bell when it was repeatedly paired with food, demonstrating how behaviors can be learned through association. It's classical conditioning essentially, and it always reminds me of anybody that's ever seen.
Speaker 2: Big Bank Theory did a joke about that.
Speaker 1: Actually, Oh yeah, Sheldon tried training Penny to be less annoying by offering her chocolates every time that she would like take his hints to the point to where he was basically training her to be a better like neighbor.
Speaker 2: It was a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a scene like that in the office too, with with Dwight and fucking Jim with the mint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just ring a bell and Dwight would put his hand out.
Speaker 1: And every time he restarted his computer, here the little boom boom, and then you and the next thing you know. Yeah, So it's Pavlovian uh training essentially.
Speaker 3: That's that's going on here. It's uh, it's brain conditioning. So Truman is literally being conditioned to uh. He's being conditioned to have this fear which keeps him from awakening to the true nature of his reality from the get go in the movie, and just moments later the light falls from the sky onto the ground right in front of him. It's labeled Serious, and Serious is known as the brightest star in the sky, which I do before I even move on. Somebody pointed this out and the show with Gray pild and I'm so terrible with names. I'm sorry, but he goes, oh, you know what's actually funny is is that Serious is also known as the dog star. So you had Pluto jumping on him, and then Serious the dog light comes up.
Speaker 2: From in front of him, right, so pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: In gnosticism, the sky is known for the false cosmology of the fake reality, of which the Hindus call Maya the Great Illusion. This is the beginning of Truman's sensing that something is off about the nature of his reality. Moments later, Truman gets into his car and is listening to the radio, and the radio says, there was an aircraft flying over Sea Haven and it began shedding parts and luckily nobody.
Speaker 2: Was injured below.
Speaker 3: So the radio is in on it trying to reinforce don't think about it. It was just a fucking airplane that was just dropping parts. Everybody knows that that was a that was like a show light, right like that. You see on a stage.
Speaker 2: Clearly you could tell.
Speaker 1: But I mean that's if somebody's ever seen what a light on a set would look like. Right, But also tying back Pluto as a Mickey Mouse's dog, also, I feel like is a pretty uh pretty iconic look to the Pluto dog star conversation. And then like you're saying, here on the Truman Show, there's parts that are raining down. He sees it, and again it really not even like only if you've been on a set. No, like anybody could look at that until that was a light. It was an aircraft that was shedding parts. But thankfully nobody was hurting. Like everybody just goes about their day.
Speaker 2: No, no big deal here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's the beginning that he's starting to wake up just tiny little weird things.
Speaker 2: But whatever, I'm just gonna write it off.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do with it, right, So next we get to his job and Truman he sits at his desk and we find out that he has a so he has anname plate that's sitting on his desk, and we find out his full name is Truman Burbank for the first time in the movie. Right, seems like a normal name until you start breaking into the esoteric symbolism of his name. Truman is obvious, it's true human, the divine spark is as the Gnostics would call it. But Burbank is where it gets kind of wild. And I bet you're gonna fucking love this one. So, uh, Burbank is so it's symbolic of Burbank, California, where all of the TV studios and Hollywood in general are right, So it is the epicenter of scripts and sets. And so his name being Truman Burbank literally translates to man of the studio system.
Speaker 2: That means right. Wow. Just symbolically it ties in perfectly. Uh.
Speaker 3: Then comes the second time something strange happens to Truman. He's outside, sitting by the beach, contemplating his fear of the water because that is where his dad allegedly died on the boat.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So, as he's sitting there contemplating, it starts to rain only where he is. He moves and the rain follows him. We can look at this moment as Truman beginning to awaken a little bit, but when the rain follows him, it's his. You can just get an esoteric here, You can look at that as his consciousness is being tested, his illusion is being tested, like am I seeing what I'm seeing right now?
Speaker 2: Like? What the fuck is really going on? Right? And so it's like the first moment of awakening, almost like whenever you're asking yourself like why am I noticing this?
Speaker 3: And why doesn't anybody else see it? And is there something wrong with me? And once he starts to realize that, it begins to rain everywhere. Back to rational thought and return back to sleep, because you need more than just a nugget to push you all the way right, But these are tiny little things that they're going to start adding up over time over over throughout the course of the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that makes sense to me. Also, I remember the scene where he like stepped out of the rain then followed him He's like, am I crazy?
Speaker 2: Next thing?
Speaker 1: You know, it's everywhere you are crazy. Just don't even question the thing that you just know for a fact that you saw. No one's gonna believe you. Just just take it and move on to the next topic, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so fear is the best control mechanism. Everybody knows this, right, Like anybody who has ever been in a bad relationship, Maybe you had shitty parents, maybe you had a terrible boss at work, whatever it is. Sometimes you got controlling friends, right.
Speaker 2: Whatever that is.
Speaker 3: Fear is the best control mechanism. You inspire fear, you will get them in line. And that's unfortunately, the nature of this reality. It's the nature of his reality as well. So water is Truman's primary fear, his father's death and quotations is stage trauma. They literally built it in so that he would never try to escape the island. They wanted him to be scared of the water, right, that's built into to his like reality.
Speaker 1: Oh and you could tell whenever he tried going to the travel agency, they all this travel agency had a bunch of posters on the wall planes getting struck by lightning and shit.
Speaker 2: And it's like no travel agency would have that. They would have pictures of very scenic beaches and mountain bungalows and like all these little these log caving getaways.
Speaker 1: They would not have. Ha, this could be you if you travel with us. That's the worst marketing platform ever. But like that was a part of.
Speaker 2: The whole the whole stick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, And there's a bunch of that kind of shit that reinforces his his fear, right, so they had the One of his coworkers came up to him and said, hey, I hear that they're actually gonna be they're gonna be making some cuts, so you got to make sure you're doing your job really good, and then went on to tell him that like, all right, well, look, if you want to make sure you keep your job, you're gonna have to take this job. You're gonna have to go and have this meeting with this other person in this other town, which meant that he had to cross the bridge or take a ferry or whatever to get over to this other town. So he goes, and he's like scared, he doesn't want to do it, but he's like, I'll try it.
Speaker 2: I'll do it. I don't want to lose my job, right, And.
Speaker 3: So he goes to pay for the ticket at the ferry and he has to walk on a dock to get to the ferry. So he's walking down the dock and he looks over at the water. He's already shit in his pants, right, He's already like shaking in his boots.
Speaker 2: But then he goes over and looks off the side in the water, on next to the dock, and he sees a sunken little like fishing boat or like a pi row or some shit, right, and it scares him, and he's like because it reminds him of his dad whenever his dad died out there.
Speaker 3: So he's like, I'm that's it. I can't do it and walks back. And so it's all fear conditioning. Every single part of his reality is trying to condition him to not want to leave, right. And I feel like a people kind of live that way in real life too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I absolutely agree. There's so many people that And whether it's leaving where you currently live, or staying in the relationship that you're in that you're miserable and want to make a break but you can't, or whether it's looking at certain information conspiratorial in nature, where as soon as you start looking something from way off into the back of the left field of your brain comes out and says, hey, stop that, you're being crazy right now, Let's get back to reality over here. Let's stop being crazy and looking at those other things. Let's go back to what we know to be normal. I feel like that's all in the same conversation.
Speaker 3: And you never grow. You know, you're stuck in stagnation. Whenever you whenever you find yourself crippled and paralyzed by fear, you're never going to grow in any kind of way, whether it be mentally, physically, spiritually, whatever. If there's something that is holding you back, it's going to hold you back in all parts of your life.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So, the fear that he that you know from the water, the fear keeps him landlocked and makes him not want to ever leave. But it also prevents in as far as gnosticism, fear prevents transcendence, so to be to ever go beyond the illusion, you can never have fear. If you have fear, fear is going to tea is going to keep you tied to the illusion. As far as the Gnostics, they also believe that fear binds your soul to the material world. So okay, now you're heavier, right, you're never going to transcend anything. And also trauma creates obedience, That's what the Gnostics taught. The next seed of awakening happens as he's walking down the street and he sees his dad, who allegedly died. The matrix is beginning to crumble. He goes and tells his mom, and then the mom tells his wife, and the wife is obviously part of the matrix, so she's shruggling it off too.
Speaker 2: But all these little seeds are starting to add up. He's all his dad. He's like, I know, oh I saw him. I saw him. And the mom's like, oh yeah, honey, I see him at least ten times a week. Yeah. I think about him all the time.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: He's like, does dad have a brother or something? She's like, you know, your dad was an only child, just like you. There's nobody that looks like him. Stop all this bullshit. I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you. Your memory of this movie? Have you seen it recently? No, I've just seen it probably upwards up a hundred times. I'ma be honest with you. I do love this movie. Yeah, it is a classic. Yeah. Plus, Jim Carrey's the fucking man he is.
Speaker 1: I know some people some people don't find him funny. Okay, fine, everybody's got their jam. I think he's hilarious, you know, And I feel like The Truman Show was a chef's kiss as far as the a movie going into this level of like there's cameras everywhere watching you, Cause that's like an inherent fear that people have whenever like somebody's picking their nose or something, they flick it away or whatever they're thinking, like, god, I hope the mind saw me. Yo, what if there was probably upwards of one hundred cameras watching you and all of your life is actually a joke.
Speaker 2: Everybody that you've ever known, including your spouse, is in on it.
Speaker 1: And it's like that is somewhere deep down a recessive fear that people have real shit because everybody suffers from main character syndrome in their own shape, shape, ways, and forms, and that's nothing wrong with everybody suffers from that in the same way. But the Truman Show put that on the screen for you to be like, oh shit, now that that could be.
Speaker 2: Oh my god all the way on blast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you want to talk about just losing your fucking mind.
Speaker 1: The next time I hear somebody give me a fucking commercial, like in real life about some product, Oh my god, you haven't tried dot dot dot thing. Oh my god, it's the best, And they start listing off all these things about it, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, Yo, who are you talking to right now? What the fuck are you doing? Are you getting paid by them to talk about this product to me?
Speaker 1: Or are you just this much of a believer? Because I refuse to believe that, So what the fuck? Though it's a thing, it is absolutely a thing.
Speaker 3: Well that leads us to has anybody ever tried organic green coffee enemas?
Speaker 2: And if you have, everyone, I'm just kidding. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. So anyway, back to the movie here.
Speaker 3: So the next scene, it jumps to uh where he meets Sylvia right the matrix is obviously trying to push the narrative that he's scripted to be with the clumsy cheerleader named Merrill, but he's fascinated by Sylvia.
Speaker 2: He's like, you know, he's he's up there. I think he was in the.
Speaker 3: Band or something like that, and uh, Meryll and Marlin, his soon to be wife and his best friend are both in the band. And she trips and falls and the whole thing. She's basically trying to flirt with him to try and get him, because that's the way the script is written. But he sees Sylvia from beyond sitting over by the trees reading a book or some shit, and they lock eyes and that was.
Speaker 2: It, dude, they were fucking in right and uh so yeah.
Speaker 3: So he meets the cheer leader falls into his lap, but he is fascinated by Sylvia. He ends up seeing Sylvia again for the third time. He sees her once at the park. The second time was at like a dance or something like a homecoming dance or some kind of shit, and he's trying to dance with her, but they take her away. The third time he sees her is the final time that he sees her, and it's the only time that he ever talks to her, and that is that is whenever he sees her in the library, and she's in a rush to take him somewhere now or else they will not get another opportunity. So they sneak off to the beach and she tells him that his whole reality is fake. It's all scripted, and they're gonna they're gonna come get her, so she has to say whatever she has to say, she has to say it quickly. Next a man comes racing down the beach and shitty little car to come and get her, and she goes and looks at Truman.
Speaker 2: She goes, she says they're here.
Speaker 3: The man gets out of the car, says that he's her dad and that she's just a schizophrenic and don't bother finding her because she's moving to Fiji.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: She also the dad was also like, look, she brings all of her boyfriends here. You're you're not the first one.
Speaker 2: You're not the first one, just reinforcing that, like she's a schizophrenic, fucking psycho whore, and that's why he's talking about his daughter essentially.
Speaker 1: Right, And she's like, I've never seen this man before in my life, honey, how could you say that I'm your dad?
Speaker 2: Like what were talking about?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: Get in the car, goes, well, wait, where are you going? Fiji? We're moving to Fiji.
Speaker 1: And just takes the fuck off, and it's like, why would they say Fiji is because when he looked at the globe, it is the furthest fucking place from where he is currently located, and it's it's all very very scripted, but yeah, I mean it starts to break his illusion, but he also continues because this is all he's ever known. How do you go from accepting that the sky is green your entire fucking life and then somebody tells you the sky is blue, and then they take off and it's like, okay, wait, wait a second, that that that deeply recedes into your mind for.
Speaker 3: Sure, and that one to come to come and uh tell you all of this stuff? Is it schizophrenic that she brings all of her boyfriends to the to the place that you feel like is very special And now she's moving to Fiji. Which even that he's talking to his boy and he's talking about Fiji, he goes, it is the farthest way. That is the farthest place that you can get from right here. You can't go any farther without making your way back. Yeah, Like that's how far away it is.
Speaker 2: It's the exact most far you can possibly get from that destination.
Speaker 3: And clearly she never went to Fiji, right, Like she just got kicked out of the studio.
Speaker 1: Essentially, which even in and of itself, if he was trying to go to some remote place that nobody can go, the dad quote unquote clearly not her dad, like we know that, right, But he could have said, I'm a scientist, We're moving to Antarctica for a research project.
Speaker 2: B bah bah ba back.
Speaker 1: It could have been some crazy, obscure thing Fiji is a place that people go every fucking day for vacation.
Speaker 2: Like it's it's not an inaccessible place.
Speaker 1: It's because it was the furthest is because it was the most the most miles you can go before everything else goes apart and it and of course it wasn't even real, But that's not the point. Because he's afraid to even cross a bridge to get onto a.
Speaker 2: Ferry, let alone the entire globe to get to the island of Fiji.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're more likely to literally meet any other person in the entire world first before you ever see Sylvia in Fiji Exact's basically what he's trying to say, right.
Speaker 2: And but Sylvia is the spark that follows him.
Speaker 3: She's the reason that he takes h that he takes action, and at at least at a subconscious level, has a need for truth. Right, And she's on his mind all the time. He's always trying to create little you know, magazine what are they collage collages or whatever? Right, And and that's like his reason from wanting to get the fuck out of Sea Haven. So she's his driving factors to escape the matrix. And gnostically, as I was talking about earlier. Sylvia represents Sophia, which is the divine wisdom that is helping him.
Speaker 2: Remember. Interestingly enough, her scripted reality name in the actual on the show set is Lauren, so it wasn't always Sylvia. Her real name in reality is.
Speaker 3: Sylvia in the movie and in the actual show, she was scripted with the name Lauren, And I thought, oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: I bet you there's something there. So I lost my fucking spot. Sorry about that. Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her outside of the matrix name is Sylvia. Lauren actually stems from like where the name Lauren actually comes from. It comes from Laurel, Okay. And you can take this a bunch of different places. But what I thought was pretty interesting is Laurel is ironically again another Hollywood reference to Laurel Canyon, which is a neighborhood within the Hollywood basically, just to show you that the entire reality is all Hollywood, right.
Speaker 1: Even the one source of quote unquote truth was still wrapped up in Hollywood mysticism.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. Yes.
Speaker 3: But since she breaks the fourth wall and tells him that her name is Sylvia, which stems from the root word silva, get this, dude.
Speaker 1: The root word of Sylvia is silva, meaning the forest or the wild, Okay, very symbolic here. She represents the wild, untamed, unscripted nature that tries to tell Truman the truth of his reality. And just like in ancient culture's, they send off their youth into the forest for a week or more and they're supposed to overcome their fears, and they come back and they've overcome a lot of things. They come to a lot of you know, divine spiritual understandings about themselves and about the nature of their own reality as a part of that as well, and so they live without fear. That's basically why their parents would send.
Speaker 2: Them out there.
Speaker 3: And I don't know, I wonder if that's still going on. I know it used to. Maybe there's like some tribe somewhere that still do that, which I mean, I want to do that with my kids.
Speaker 1: I can't, cause like child endangerment laws or some shit, but I do plan on bringing my children on survival trips when they turn sixteen, each of them individually, and we're going to go out into the woods with what we can carry in our pockets. Fuck a bag, fuck a sleeping bag or any of this, Like we're not bringing a backpack. What we have in our pockets are what we're gonna live on for the next three days. However uncomfortable, that might be right, and there was multiple Native American tribes that would do something similar. They would bring their child out into the middle of the woods when they would become a man, or to whatever age or level of maturity they would look for on this, they would blindfold them and they would sit them down on a log or something and say, you have to sit here all night long.
Speaker 2: And if you if you.
Speaker 1: Remove the blindfold, if you get scared and run away or whatever like this, you failed the test. And if the young boy that was trying to become a man could sit there all night long, blindfold and all this stuff throughout the night, the woods, the sounds, the rain, the whatever. When the daylight broke and he could feel the sun on his skin, he would remove his blindfold and see his father sitting right next to him. That was the whole point. It had nothing to do with him like he was never in danger. His dad was going to protect him regardless. It was about you proving that you have no fear in you. And that was I wish I could do that with my kids, but good god, these days that'd be a whole Well, you're messing with their psyche.
Speaker 2: They need to grow up. It's time.
Speaker 1: You know, when a kid's sixteen, it's time for him to grow the fuck up.
Speaker 2: But I know I'm just an asshole for that.
Speaker 3: How about TV is fucking with their psyche more than anything else?
Speaker 2: Oh, exact nature, you know what. That's funny too.
Speaker 3: I mean not an exact like replica of your story, but it reminded me. I was watching this clip from ad Guru the other day and he was talking about like, uh, Lord Shiva right within Hinduism, and he goes, do you know why that there's always a snake around Lord Shiva? And everybody's like, well, that's that's first Kundalini awakening, or that's because he's evil or whatever, and he goes, that's actually none of that.
Speaker 2: The snake.
Speaker 3: If you ever see like they do, they got this fucking huge statue of Shiva over in India. It is massive. Everybody gathers around and meditates around it and shit. But so they got this huge statue and this snake is sitting on Shiva's shoulder and like basically at eye level, same eye level, right, And the idea was, is that what the story of Shiva. I'm sure it's a myth, but I'm sure people will probably take it literally too. But it says it said that Lord Shiva, he went out and like meditated at the top of one of the mountains that are out there. I can never remember himalayas he was he went out to the top of the Himalayasm was meditating out there. It was never cold or anything, and never never got you know, never got hungry or never got cold sitting at the top of the mountains. And it said that whenever he meditated, he uh, he put himself into such a like a flow stape type way that even the every time he opened his eyes, there would always be these snakes that were all the way around him, and he always wondered, like why are they And then come to find out, I guess they liked the vibration or whatever that he was putting off so much and they wanted to be in that vibe with him during meditation. And so as a result, that's why Shiva is always seen with a snake on his shoulder, because he looked at the snakes as look, if they get down with this vibe, I have way more respect for them than almost any other animal in.
Speaker 2: Nature, So it's pretty good. I used to be scared of.
Speaker 3: Him, but I actually I want to get a pet snake, dude, of the ied of them.
Speaker 4: They one of my favorite pets actually that I've that I've had. Yeah, mine, I had one that was an asshole, but he was also like abused and by like had like four different owners by the time we got him, because we rescued him, so we just knew that he was abused apparently like was thrown around in different stuff, so really just didn't fuck with humans very much. And then I had my other one that was also a rescue, but he was a baby when I got him, and he'd like he something happened to him, and he pretty much like his gross stunted. And so he was pretty small, honestly, I mean he was only probably about this big, so he wasn't very wasn't very big at all, and so he his favorite thing was just to he would curl around my neck and I'd wear him in my hoodies and I'd wear him to school. Actually I'd take him because I would only take him when I had like a period or two, and you know, I had like I had like a little snake water.
Speaker 5: Bowl I would take with me.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous, but I am that white woman cliche of having a random I.
Speaker 5: Will, I will.
Speaker 4: I will admit to it, you know, with the weird animals. But yes, no, I definitely brought my snake everywhere with me. He was such a sweetheart though. He was so sweet, like give me kisses, and he was like he would like kiss my lips.
Speaker 5: I was like, you cute.
Speaker 3: They're they're like pit bulls, dude, you treat him right. They're probably not going to bite your fucking head off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, yeah, but that I feel like pit bulls and snakes are a different conversation.
Speaker 2: I know I'm very biased on that.
Speaker 4: But you know, I mean you've heard me explain though, my snake and the emotion, the emotional damage he got from this rat biting him because he was because my ex set him a too big of a rat or mouse or something and scared him and had like he had like a whole stomach issue that happened and we had to take him in to see the specialists, and like it was a big thing. Like it took about, I don't know, almost a year to heal him. Really, we had to feed him dead frozen baby mice that we'd had a heat up in the microwave, and then it had to like pretty much help him eat them. It took a long while to get him better and stuff. But they have emotions, they really do.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they smart creatures. They are smart creatures too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, yeah, let's get back to this because I want to make sure everybody has time to go over their topic here.
Speaker 2: So moving on. So, yeah, Sylvia.
Speaker 3: Sylvia represents divine knowledge that is only found by wandering off into the forests, off the beaten path and coming back with gnosis. She's the divine feminine wisdom who, in Gnostic mythology, descends into matter to awaken trap soules and guide them toward liberation. So that's what Sylvia represents from the Gnostic understanding, you know, as Sophia gotcha. Next comes a sequence of synchronicities. He turns on his radio and here's that they're following his every move. What street he's turning down, How he almost hits a woman while he's driving, and all this shit right, and this causes him not to go into work. He finds that he can stop traffic and seems to the outside eye to be having a crazy mental breakdown. He walks down the road into a building and tries to get into an elevator, only to find that it's behind it's a behind the scenes set. Only do again go in confidence to his best friend Marlon, who tries to lull him back to sleep with more beer. Every time he sees Marlin, Marlin always got a fucking six pack, right, yep, And so Marlin tries to tell him, uh so, yeah. During that scene, he's he's having this breakdown, but then go meet goes and meets his buddy Marlin. Marlin is like a vending machine stalker or some kind of shit, and and he's like, you gotta see this.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, you got to you gotta check all this out.
Speaker 3: They end up going and having sitting and having a beer somewhere and they just, you know, getting a little philosophical about life and shit. And Marlin is trying to tell him that there's nowhere he'd rather be than right here, and he points at the sun and he goes, you can't get those kind of sunset views like this anywhere other than Sea Haven.
Speaker 2: He says, that's the big guy. Quite a paint brush he's got, seemingly referring to God. But the irony.
Speaker 3: Is is Christoph is the creator and Marlon is actually praising the Demiurge of Truman's reality. So and it's funny because Marlin represents an arkhan. Christoph is the Demiurge, and he's saying, quite the paint brush that God has got. It is it is literally, it is an arkhan that is praising the Demiurge if you look at it that way, right, So in Gnosticism this is called the spirit of ignorance, and Marlin, being one of the Demiurge's minions is one of his arcons that makes souls complicit in their own imprisonment.
Speaker 2: He's not telling him that he can't go, He's just trying to give.
Speaker 1: Him reasons why he shouldn't right right, and reinforcing the ideology that you don't need to go anywhere else. And you know, Marlin, along with everybody else in the show, is constantly trying to do the same thing. So a later scene shows Truman sitting in his car This is one of my favorite scenes. He's sitting in his car and he's observing what is happening in his rear view mirror. He notices what happens is a cycle, a lady on a bike, followed by a man walking with flowers, and finally a Volkswagen Beetle with a dented fender. He tells his wife to get into the car and observe, and the cycle happens again, just as he's.
Speaker 3: Predicted, but she's not listening, she's not interested. He wants her to see that he's noticed that his reality has become scripted, and by convincing her, maybe he can convince himself that he's not crazy. Right, But you can't force someone else to awaken until they're ready, if they ever are, as the saying goes, it's impossible to wake someone up if they're pretending to be asleep, which is perfect for this scene.
Speaker 2: Right. So then he locks her inside the car. Oh that's right, she goes, Yeah, we can go to fet We just got to save up for a couple of months and you know, and then we'll go. We'll go to Fiji. Right in Evily, it's never going to happen.
Speaker 3: But she's just trying to get him off of this cliff that he's on, right, And so he goes and he locks her inside the car, and he goes, ah, I think we're gonna go to Fiji right now, not in a few months. So the door's lock and he pulls off, and then you see the license plate which says see Haven Island, a nice place to live. The license plate numbers, and you only see this one time throughout the entire movie, so I was like, all right, I bet there's something to it. The license plate numbers read eight one six k A Z. Now, applying numerology and gamatria to this sequence of numbers, if you reduce eight one six to one number, it gives you six, which does stand for man or harmony. So the number six, as it's represented with the numerology, stands for man or harmony, not man as in penis.
Speaker 2: Man is in human.
Speaker 3: Right, ka Z reduces to eleven, which is a master number. So within numerology, every number, every big sequence of numbers, always boils down to one single digit unless it is an eleven, a, twenty two, or thirty three. Those are called master numbers or master builder numbers. Right, So the kaz reduces to eleven, which is a master number that through a gnostic lens, means that awareness is breaking its containment.
Speaker 2: Literally what it means. So his license plate literally reads like man is breaking his containment esoterically. Why Wow, that's crazy like.
Speaker 3: That right, yeah, dude, So, long story short, He's trying to drive his way out of town and keeps coming up on obstacle after obstacle, only to be caught by the police and brought back home where he confronts his wife and he says that she's in on it, and she feels threatened, and again his buddy Marlin comes to the rescue with another six pack of beer. As they go out to have a chat, Marlin convinces him that if the whole thing is made up, then he's made up too, and.
Speaker 2: How could he question their friendship? Yeah, esoterically Marlin.
Speaker 1: So that's interesting right there, right, Like that's that's gaslighting if you ever fucking heard it. Oh definition classic, Yes, So, esoterically speaking, Marlin is close to.
Speaker 2: The name Merlin.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna get a little We're gonna get a little wizardy up in here. Merlin always shows up as different people in the lore, right, pretending to be different people to teach the initiate lessons along the way quietly and unnoticeably. Okay, so if you're trying to become initiated and you think that your teacher is always around, then you're never gonna fuck off and make a mistake or whatever. Right, But if you don't know that your teachers around, then maybe you'll slack off a little bit. And that's where Merlin comes in, because he's like a shape shifter, or he wears this cloak and he's changing is his identity just for the person that he's trying to teach, essentially, right, and more on Marlin here in just a little bit. I keep on losing my spot because I wrote all these like fucking twenty sentence paragraphs like an idiot, not.
Speaker 2: Like an essay. Oh okay, here we are. So next we get to hear from Christoph, known as the show's conceiver and creator. It says that who.
Speaker 3: Lives on the two hundred and twenty first floor of the Omnikam Echosphere, which literally is Truman's God that sees all and hears all from a lunar echosphere, his demiurch. Then Sylvia calls the show that is in that is interviewing Christoph. So Christoph is being interviewed by a TV channel. They open the phone line for you know, regular people to call in, and Sylvia just so happens to get through, and she's she's trying to fucking give the business to Christoph because she loves Truman and she thinks that what he's doing is wrong, right, right.
Speaker 2: So she goes she's says that he's.
Speaker 3: A liar and a manipulator, and he tells her, do you think that because you batted your rise at him, flirted with him, and stole a few minutes of the limelight, that you're in any position to judge me?
Speaker 2: Literally?
Speaker 1: It is the Demiurge arguing with wisdom about judgment, just to paint a clear picture here, right, Yeah, So the Demiurge me and Christoph, and she represents Sophia and they're talking about like judgment.
Speaker 2: So it's it's just kind of funny. Wow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, dude, this movie just is so deep, dude, from start to finish, it just never ends. And so let's see, Christoph goes on to say, he goes he can leave at any time. There's no way we can prevent him. What I think distresses you, Sylvia is that Truman prefers his cell. He then says that the next week's episodes will feature his wife leaving him and a new love interest coming into his life.
Speaker 2: Her name is.
Speaker 3: Vivian and she is dressed in red to make sure that his attention is caught, just like in the matrix, right, like the lady in the red dress always got Neo's attention. But that is that is arconic behavior. It's always trying to get your mind off of the main goal of awakening. But what I thought was interesting is that her name was Vivian Esoterically speaking, Vivian is known as the Lady of the Lake and also known as a water priestess. That is a feminine force that entraps Merlin. Merlin actually initiated her into the world of magic initially, but then she turns around and uses it on him to enclose Merlin into a tree, a cave, a tower, or a crystal prison, depending on the Lord that you read. So she's trying to seal him outside of time and trying to preserve him without killing him. Vivian burned binds Merlin because magic becomes then becomes hidden in nature, myth and intuition and dreams, and the teacher disappears so that the truth seekers or spiritual seekers must find it within themselves. You can no longer go up to a magician for magic. You have to find the magic from within. That's basically what the allegory of that is.
Speaker 2: But it's funny because Vivianne is known for entrapping Merlin, and that is the character that they bring in to try and entrap Truman as the new love interest. So symbolically it works perfectly, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm surprised it wasn't like Marlin's wife or something that was going to like start an affair or something, knowing that Marlon would be the Merlin connection there. I'm just saying there was more they could have done with that. But yeah, no, it's still a great movie for sure. Yeah, through and through. So all right, now we're fixing to wrap this up here in a minute. But so then we cut to Truman's escape. He fools the director and the show crew by escaping through the ceiling in his closet. This is symbolic of breaking through the first layer of the firmament, the first layer of the waters, beyond the waters, the firmament. It comes from the Hebrew word Jacob, you know this one, the reikia, which is an expansive structural boundary depending on your verbiage here.
Speaker 3: But it's it's essentially just an expanse, right. So he's gone beyond his initial understanding of reality and he's breaking through the way his previous ways of thinking. So essentially gnostically, the firmament represents kind of these glass ceiling barriers that you build in your own mind. And so as far as the movie goes, whenever he broke through the ceiling and he went to go to the sea, he broke through that barrier that he built in his mind, the barrier that was I'm scared of water, right, Because once he breaks through that ceiling, he's no longer scared of the water. He gets on the boat and he's trying to sail, right. So the idea of that is that he's breaking through his own firmament gnostically, and so yeah, he breaks.
Speaker 2: Through all of that.
Speaker 3: He goes beyond his initial understanding of reality, and he's breaking through his other ways of thinking. Very similar to the word repent, which comes from the Greek word metanoia, which means to change your perspective or to change your mind. A lot of it has to do with the mind. That's all I'm gonna say about that.
Speaker 2: Fair well.
Speaker 3: Eventually they end up finding Truman sailing in the sea, the same seed that he was terrified of because of his dad dying at sea. Right, but Truman is broken through that first glass ceiling. The things that used to scare him no longer affect him, So the Demiurge has to ramp it up a little bit by making the weather stronger. If Truman gets out of this false creation, he will see the Demiurge for what he is, and the Demiurge will have no power over him, obviously not going to have any power over him if he gets outside the firmament. Right, So, the weather gets worse and worse, the waves high, the lightning is striking his boat and forces him out of the boat and into the water. Already he's like, I mean, he's scared. You can tell that he's scared, but he's pushing forward right now.
Speaker 2: So the boat the boat gets.
Speaker 3: Overturned and uh and Truman fights through the rage of waters to get back onto the boat and he's not giving up. Sheer will is steering him right now, right Truman screams out to the Demiurge and says, is that the best you can do? And you know he just decided to tempt the fucking Demiurge, which ultimately the Demiurge decide to ramp it up even more. After that, the Demiurge increases the wind, the waves get stronger until a fucking tidal wave comes and knocks him out, capsizing the boat. But then, once the Demiurge sees that Truman is basically like drowning or knocked out, he turns off the bad weather. Truman regains his consciousness, raises his sail, and keeps trucking forward till the tip of his boat pierces the veil and he's finally vindicated, proof that his reality is not what he thought. He's not crazy after all. Overcome with every emotion, he looks down the wall and sees a set of stairs. He's completed his journey of initiation and he begins to climb. Just before he opens the door, the Demiurge comes over the loudspeaker from above and Truman says, who are you. Christoph replies that I am the creator, literally introducing himself as the fucking creator, right. I mean, he's the creator of the show. But as far as Truman goes, the creator of creators right. So he goes, I am the creator. Truman says, then who am I? Christoph replies that you're the star. Truman says, was nothing real, and Christoph says, you are real. He goes, listen to me, there's no more truth out there than there is in this world that I created for you. There's the same lies, the same deceit. But in my world you have nothing to fear. Nobody knows you better than I do. You're afraid, and that's why you can't leave. It's okay, Truman, I understand. I've been watching you your whole life. And he goes on to remind him of all of his his memories in his life from when he's a little kid, and all the things that like maybe a dad would know kind of thing, right, But what it's symbolic of is that it's kind of like a whenever people have a near death experience or they go into a car crash or something like that, their life flashes before their eyes and this is almost like that, and so I thought that was kind of interesting. So it's very symbolic of people seeing their life flash before their eyes right before they die or have an NDE.
Speaker 2: He says, you can't leave Truman. You belong here with me.
Speaker 3: Truman then responds with in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening, and good night, and bows out, walking out of the matrix for good, finally breaking through the outer show of the firmament and becoming freely liberated once and for all.
Speaker 2: Because if there's.
Speaker 3: Anything that we seek on the journey towards enlightenment, there's knowledge first, but ultimately it's liberation to be free of attachment and suffering. That's what enlightenment is all about. So as soon as transmission is cut off, all the watchers resume life.
Speaker 2: Asking what else is on? Right, Like, they're just like, oh, that was fun? What else is on? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So that's just your that's the masses for you, right. You're not gonna wake everybody up. It's an individual to individual kind of basis, So you don't wake up the masses. Each individual must go through the awakening process themselves.
Speaker 2: I always hated the ending of that movie.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, Like I granted him going through the door and saying fuck you to the dude, yes beautiful all the way through, they.
Speaker 2: Show nothing about what happens next.
Speaker 1: You realize security just bum rushed him and probably shot him as soon as he got through that door.
Speaker 2: Like, but they don't tell us that.
Speaker 1: And you see Sylvia running down the stairs as if she's gonna run to the studio and find him in the parking lot and they're gonna live happily ever after.
Speaker 2: We don't fucking know that.
Speaker 1: I wish he would have given you thirty seconds of him giving like an interview on the view or something close to where he explains how his life has progressed since he left or something, and that would have been the best. But instead, no, it's open to the person, and it's like, yeah, Truman's dead now.
Speaker 2: No, let me tell you so.
Speaker 3: F I'm a gnostic understanding, that is exactly how you would end it, because he has now escaped the matrix. He is gone, he's liberated. You don't even you don't need to see him after that.
Speaker 2: He's escaped being watched, right, And so that's the idea of awakening, especially as the as far as the Gnostics are concerned. He's liberated.
Speaker 3: He's free from attachment, he's free from literally everything else. And so actually I wanted to mention this because obviously, you know that my wife is Brazilian and she didn't grow up watching all the same shit that we watched whenever we were younger, and so I watched it with her, and the first time I watched it with her, she loved the entire movie until the end, just like both the girl said, and she's like.
Speaker 2: That's it. He doesn't go find Sylvia. And I just sat there and I remember thinking, he didn't find Sylvia. He found Sophia. That was the purpose. Well, we don't know that. We don't know if that's a fact, it's us understood, it's it's symbolic, you you know, symbolism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with wisdom. He found his enlightenment, he escaped the matrix.
Speaker 2: That movie, I know.
Speaker 1: I just I've always assumed, even as a younger man, watching this movie, it's like, yo, he got fucked up in the parking lot, like on some very real levels, like there's no way that the the dude in charge, which to be honest, I forgot his name was Christoph. But there's no way that he just told the security to stand down and let him go out there into the free world, breeding the free air and just.
Speaker 4: I mean they but it was live though, that's the thing. It was being live broadcast in twenty four to seven. So there's nothing. He's not going to kill him because like it's it's already completely unethical what they did. So if there was a movement to help him, then there's no reason why he would be killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he left, like the star left. The show is over.
Speaker 1: The money stops now, and it's like, well, I guess we lost our prize, pig.
Speaker 4: I don't think they killed him. I think realistically he was able to, at least, I don't know, try to have a normal life.
Speaker 5: But I mean, what but how quite hard?
Speaker 4: It would be quite hard to have a normal life when everything that you've ever known was a complete lie and everyone in the entire world has watched you for the last thirty years of your life.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's the idea of being born again. That's the whole entire purpose. It's being born again to a new understanding that now he's shedding his old way of the old world of his understanding, right, because his old reality was scripted, and the Gnostic way of looking at it is is that he shed that old skin he's had, you know, his essentially his initiation, and now he's ready for this liberation to go and be free.
Speaker 2: And it's up to the individual to put it together. And you know what would he do? Well, I mean, nobody knows, but nobody's supposed to know, because the whole, the whole. If he would have just escaped.
Speaker 3: And gotten with Sylvia, then you'd be like, oh, well, I guess it's not a Gnostic story because the awakened person does not get with Sophia. You don't marry Sophia. Sophia is the divine knowledge that's in you. She stood for something, not his future wife or anything like that. So that's basically the entire point, which, by the way, I also wanted to mention, I can't believe I just glazed over.
Speaker 2: This, Christoph.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know that there's something there Christoph, and I just pulled this up here. It says esoteric Esoterically, Christoph is often interpreted as a play on Christ off or as a corrupted anti Christ figure. He functions as a gnostic demiurge, a lower often ignorant or malevolent creator God who creates, who creates and constructs a false material and comfortable, comfortable world to keep human consciousness or Truman trapped in ignorance and illusion away from the true higher realc. So literally it is all gnostic as fuck.
Speaker 1: So for anybody out there who's a frozen fan Christoph, he's a fucking Antichrist. Clearly everybody thought Oloff was the evil one. No, no, no, it's the good guy Christoph over here. He's trying to lure you in with his blonde hair and is singing with the with the fucking reindeer and shit.
Speaker 2: No, he's actually the fucking Antichrist. That's all I'm here.
Speaker 1: Basically, My point is is that you could see that he he became liberated, yeah, right, or you could be like, why didn't he end up with Sylvia?
Speaker 2: Doesn't make any sense. They they left it open ended. It's like, you know, that's kind of the point. It's supposed to be open ended.
Speaker 4: I will say that it does tie in some of the gnostic stuff, ties in really well with the psychology perspective of it, about like the the like the domes and stuff. It's pretty much like a construct of your realities with fear and limiting beliefs and social expectations. What I did find really interesting though, and I looked up just kind of like some random stuff about.
Speaker 5: It that the.
Speaker 4: Movie itself was talking about Orwell's nineteen eighty four, like it referenced that actually quite a few times on like a non gnostic perspective about the passive consumption fueled by advertising integrated into shows reflects the societal tendency towards voyeurism and disengagement, and it compares itself to the superficial entertainment unable and unwilling to recognize the abnormality that they're complicent in their viewership. And it also the wife was continuously showing things throughout the movie too. She would like describe things that she would get and purchase, and it was trying to make other people buy that throughout the entire show so that they gain more money on the outside world.
Speaker 5: I just thought it was really weird how it.
Speaker 4: Tied directly into those things on a different perspective. But there's a lot of different things if you look up the psychology meanings of stuff that are as really interesting in how each character plays a specific role.
Speaker 5: They actually want to classify the Truman.
Speaker 4: The Truman disorder as an actual disorder, and it's been talked about quite a few times as a level as a part of narcissism actually, and they haven't classified it yet, but many psychologists believe that it is a true syndrome.
Speaker 5: That they believe that people are like, you know, the.
Speaker 4: Star of their own show, and there's like different levels to it that they're trapped in their own reality or they're disassociated from their self in a different way, and it's it's really interesting if you look at that perspective.
Speaker 5: They've tried for quite a while.
Speaker 4: To get it to be an actual syndrome or a disorder.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: It's it's literally all over the place as far as like symbolism goes, dude, Because let me tell you, I just found this out and blew my fucking mind. So recently we had on Santos Bonacci on metamistics, which was fucking awesome, Dudude's like the highlight of my podcasting podcasting career, like the goat of all eso terrorism.
Speaker 5: As far as i'm that's that's a guy with the white turban thing.
Speaker 2: It's some kind of beanie little.
Speaker 5: Beanie thing that he was wearing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was awesome. I love that guy. But he was talking about dude, check this out.
Speaker 3: He says that all fairy tales are all like all the ancient, like the older fairy tales, even like the Brothers Grim. Kind of shit is that allegedly, even the Brothers Grim, they got those stories from older stories that were being told around the town or whatever, and then I guess they just basically claimed ownership of them or whatever.
Speaker 2: What you know, how it goes with the light bulb and all that other shit.
Speaker 3: But as far as the snow white and the seven doors, dude, I didn't know this esoterically, what that means is snow white is like, look at it, like white light shining through a prism gives you the seven lights or the seven dwarves, right, and it's just kind of crazy like that. And the seven dwarves represents the seven energy centers within you, also known as chakras. But essentially that your light shining from within is giving light to all of your energy centers in your entire body, and each one of them is represented by one of these happy bashful, fucking dopey and grown.
Speaker 2: Which color is Doc? Doc is orange?
Speaker 3: What it's like, you know, that's your energy centers, your chakra kind of shit. So orange represents intellectual, elder and fast moving mind, and that's what Doc represents, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 3: Literally all the fucking all the ancient fairy tale shows, which I've always been obsessed with, are they're all.
Speaker 2: Like deeper meaning than you would think.
Speaker 3: So I'm actually that's the next show that we're doing on Meta is We're going to be going into the esoteric foundations of the stories of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and Cinderella, and We're just gonna keep on going because it is so chock full of crazy, deeper meaning stuff and I just love that kind of shit.
Speaker 4: That was my teacher, My teacher in uh high school my junior year. She actually had us look down, break down the entire snow White and all the symbolism with snow White and like the.
Speaker 5: Colors represent each thing.
Speaker 4: She was now that at thinking back though, she definitely was a conspiracy theorist because she had us breakdown the Da Vinci code in so many levels. We spent like half the year on that book and Snow White. Those were and then we did the Odyssey as well, so we spent that was the entirety of the year. Were those three books and all the symbolism within and the colors and what the colors mean and how how they represent different things, and how numbers represent things and how they all tie in together, and what the deeper meaning is and why a children's book would have these specific things, and how we need to look beyond what's being presented to us.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I just thought about that, but I was like, God, damn was she was on it, Like she definitely knew a lot more than what she was leading on.
Speaker 4: And maybe that's where I started really kind of questioning things, because she really was like, what is the true meaning of these things? The Odyssey was a really interesting one that we broke down to so many levels.
Speaker 5: Shout out to her, by the way.
Speaker 2: Deeper than the surface level shit, And that's I love looking beyond the surface because that's where the meat is. You know.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see what you do with the Cinderella story because the European version and the Chinese version, although there is some striking similarities, there's also some very important cultural differences, right, Like and one is the glass slipper in China. It was the Golden Slipper and there was fishbones involved, and it was like a ghost of the fish that gave her the wisdom to know what to do, and it's it's not a fairy godmother, it's it's but the story in the moral thereof is very similar.
Speaker 3: But it all symbolic like placeholders. Is that that's how you're supposed to look at it. Like the apple in the Garden of Eden was not actually an apple. It's just like a placeholder for something else.
Speaker 1: And never actually say it's an apple. They just say it's the fruit of the tree. Humans told you that.
Speaker 2: It was apples, and so you just assume that it's such.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but literally, you didn't eat a fruit, and all of a sudden, she's you know, it wasn't a literal fruit. Fruit stands for something else.
Speaker 1: I respectfully disagree, Actually think she ate a literal fruit?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: Really yeah, what makes you think that you would be condemned for that?
Speaker 2: Because it was the one rule, It was like the one thing.
Speaker 1: Do everything you want in this garden, there's a tree of all of life and death, and all these other trees and all these other plants do all you want up in this garden, but there's this one tree I need you to just not touch. And of course they had to go eat the fruit of that. Now again, it's assumed that it was an apple, and that's why, like Apple computers and phones and all these things have an apple with a bite taken out of it. You could look at the original depiction of the Apple's logo and it is an apple on the tree in the garden, and that's what the one bite is up actually representative of.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I believe that story.
Speaker 3: Is pretty true because on the computer, you're gonna find knowledge of good and evil, right, it's everything everything Apple products that come out there have the same image.
Speaker 2: But I mean, we could tie that into so many different angles.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, the thing that you take that at face value, though you never thought to look deeper.
Speaker 1: Into that, No, of course I have, But I I'm sure there's levels of that that are unknown to us. But that's one of those stories that I do believe are pretty true to form, especially whenever they're like, oh, where was the garden of being located. Well, was at the corner of where the Tigers and the Euphrates meet and two other ancient rivers. And everybody's like, well, there's no two ancient rivers, so that must not be the right spot cut to. They've done recent studies to show no, there are two ancient rivers that absolutely tied in the Tigers to the Euphrates, and these two other rivers tied into one point and that is absolutely where the Garden of Eden resided at one point in time.
Speaker 2: Oh, you think even the Garden of Eden was a literal place here on Earth? Really? For sure? Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, they teach that no doubt anyway. All right, let's get into what is your topic today, Jacob.
Speaker 2: Oh, So here we go.
Speaker 1: And I thought about this, like, what is my favorite conspiracy realistically?
Speaker 2: Right? And there's so many. There are so many that stand out that.
Speaker 1: I would love to just go deeper on, and even ones we've hashed out before and that would love to go a little deeper on. Gotta be honest, only one came through as my personal favorite, and that will be Flat.
Speaker 2: Earth, Believe it or not. Good cult members.
Speaker 5: I was already laughing before he said.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not.
Speaker 1: My favorite conspiracy is the flat Earth conversation, although I disagree with it heavily, although I think it is ridiculous and so so, so so many ways, but in and of itself, it is, by all accounts, like the mother of all conspiracies, because the flat earth community ties it into everything. You want to talk about Tartaria, you want to talk about history being a lie, you want to talk about science being a lie, the education system being a lie, the political elites being a part of it.
Speaker 2: The Jews and the Gypsies, it's all flat Earth.
Speaker 1: It all ties in. It's like, I fucking love it. I really do, like for nothing else than for the entertainment value. And to be fair, I'm not just gonna shit on it. I'm going to give the flat earth community their flowers or their laurels, if you will. The flat earth community has in fact blown the lid off of so many conspiracies. And I'm not saying that in a facetious tone. I'm being very genuine when I say that. It's very accurate because they're looking at things from a very different perspective and from a very different vantage point than the rest of human fucking history. Honestly, and so that gives them a different look. Therefore, it gives them a fun vantage point to really go into. So as I was looking into this.
Speaker 2: Right the flat earth conversation, it so well, I'm glad you brought that up, Raven, because there is a starting point to this, there really is.
Speaker 5: Let's go there the day one, well.
Speaker 2: Day one.
Speaker 1: The earliest sources, the caveman, if you will, would have walked outside and acknowledged that the Earth is flat.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, ancient Rome, name, name your ancient tribe that actually had a written language. They all knew that the Earth was round. This wasn't a debatable point to them, the ancient Sumerians. There's cuneiform b tablets that talk about this. It's not this is not a debatable point.
Speaker 5: But lies all lies.
Speaker 2: Oh they're all lies, clearly, clearly.
Speaker 5: But every one of them is a lie. Damn it.
Speaker 1: Before and with that, y'all, for any of the flat earthers out there that are fans of the cult of conspiracy, please do not take this as Jacob trying to shit on the flat earth community. I am truly being generous when I say that I do love the flat earthers, and I love their talking points, and it is fun and it is entertaining, and it is looking at the word with their third eye all the way open.
Speaker 2: I'm one hundred percent with that, And we literally employ a flat earther, So we support it. We do, we do. But Josh, that being said, ancient Semi Area, ancient Egypt, ancient Greece, ancient Hittites, name your tribe, they all knew the Earth was round from very very basic experiments that anybody could do, but there was always a group that was there to combat that. And fine, cool people want to question the world around them. I get it.
Speaker 1: That's literally the basis of this show. So how and why did flat earth become a talking point in our lexicon today? Real quick, before I even dive into it, Jonathan Raven, do either of you know why flat earth.
Speaker 2: Became a talking point in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: It's been around for a lot longer than that. But sure, I know that whenever I first started really looking into it was like twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, and there was already like a massive following for it. Sure, and there's a lot of people that get referred to as like the godfathers of it. Yea, we've had a couple of them on and yeah, I couldn't tell you exactly where when it got rekindled though, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Raven, do you have any ideas?
Speaker 1: And I don't mean like as far as podcasting goes, right, I'm talking about like the sources we've talked about Dave Weiss love him to death. He and I have that love hate relationship going on. The bet is still on the table, the whole nine. But the sources for what makes him who he is, the things he talks about, where is that originating from? Because it can't be the ancient sources. Literally, you could look at ancient Egypt. They knew the earth is round and that's well documented. So how did it become a point?
Speaker 2: Raven? Any ideas?
Speaker 4: I feel like during the Middle Dark Ages is when it really started picking up, and then I feel like it came about again, I don't know, maybe the mid two thousands when Internet really started to pop off and the form the whatever they are, where everyone went and chatted the forms. Okay, that's where maybe that's where it picked up big time movement.
Speaker 2: So you're not off base.
Speaker 1: Like I said, throughout history, even though it's been understood that the Earth is a round, globular type of shape, there's always been your groups that are going to go against that, and they're gonna throw out so many different reasons as to their beliefs.
Speaker 2: Fine cool. The reason why it became a.
Speaker 1: Thing that we're talking about today is because during the nineteen fifties, the Flat Earth Society became a thing and that grew into the flat earth community that we now know.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what was their sources?
Speaker 1: They're gonna quote quote the pie Rees map, even though Pirie Reece never went to Antarctica, he was going off of other sources.
Speaker 2: They're going to quote captn.
Speaker 1: Cook, even though when he circumnavigated Terra Australia what we would now call Antarctica, could look at his ship logs and see that they didn't have the resources to go around a flat plane. It was only made sense that they had enough resources to go around a continent.
Speaker 2: Well, fine cool, How and why did this become?
Speaker 1: And the whole nine the ice wall, the stars not being real, planet's not being real, all of these things, the flat earth model that we have today, How did that become a thing. And for that we go to a name that a lot of people may not have really ever heard of before. For that, we're gonna have to go to a guy named Parallax. Does his name ring a bell to anybody like Greek? No? No, no, oh, I wish so no? Early eighteen hundreds, Actually his his actual name was Samuel Burley, robuthum, Robottom wherever you want to pronounce it as. But he went under the pseudonym of Parallax to give himself more.
Speaker 2: Of a ooh.
Speaker 1: As far as his name is concerned, it's a little mystique, I guess, And there are so many different opinions as to why he chose that nickname, but let's get into it here.
Speaker 2: So Parallax, who was he? Why did he have such a stick? As far as flat Earth was concerned? So you got to look at the world.
Speaker 1: In the early eighteen hundreds and into the mid eighteen hundreds, edutainment was starting to become a thing, but it wasn't to the level that it is today today. When we think edutainment, you have a million YouTube channels that are dedicated to making history fun, to making science fun, to making math fun, and they break it down in very you know, lowbrow terms that anybody can understand. They have depictions, they got dry erase boards, they got graphics, they got ai all these things to make it more fun and entertaining for the masses who are trying to watch it. In the early to mid eighteen hundreds, you had dudes who made a solid amount of money traveling to give lectures two different groups. And even if it was some off the wall thing that nobody actually believed, Yo, you would pay a penny to go hear a guy in the same way for the record, that you would still go pay a penny to watch Dave Chappelle, who is a comedian. He makes jokes, that's his whole thing, but we can all acknowledge that he talks about some real shit within his comedy, right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, one hundred percent. You know you even think back to like dude in Game of Thrones, like their form of entertainment was just watching like fucking these stupid plays and sock puppets and shit like that. Like, yeah, you'd pay a penny to go see that just to burn some time and spend some time with family.
Speaker 2: Laughing absolutely Shakespeare, Okay, the people went and paid a penny to go watch the Story of Macbeth, where he's got three witches. He's fighting the ghost of his dad the whole time.
Speaker 1: It's it's clearly this is not reality, but it's entertainment. Now you couple that with a guy who claims to be certified and circumcised and all things documented through the the affiliates and the programs and the things and the stuff.
Speaker 2: He he studied a school in the Far East.
Speaker 1: He's certified through the Londinium College of Berlindium. And these places don't fucking exist, but doesn't matter. He's got the credentials. At least it sounds good. You'll go pay a penny to hear him talk some shit?
Speaker 2: Why not? I got nothing bear going on this afternoon, like the Wizard of Oz kind of shit? Why not? Why not? So you got this guy Parallax.
Speaker 1: His again, actual name was Samuel both Robotum Robotum row Botham.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I'm mispronouncing it, but it's fine.
Speaker 1: So he was born in eighteen sixteen and he died December of eighteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: It's very important as to how he died because he also doubled as another name was it try On, doctor Tryon, And he also went by the name of doctor Burley.
Speaker 1: And he made up all these names for himself to sell essentially snake oil. But neither here nor there. We're gonna get to that in a moment, So long story short. His grandfather was ninety years old and was not in the best of mental health. And he was seven, you boy, Sam, and he could remember hearing his grandfather getting a debate with a guy about whether the Earth was round or flat. His grandfather was a bit of a dick, like no exaggeration, that was an understood thing, but like whatever, he loved his grandfather. He heard his grandfather give this whole thing about the Earth is clearly flat, and then he died, and to his seven year old brain, well, my grandfather would never lie to me, So the Earth has got to be flat. And he dedicated at least a portion of his life to proving this. He would do this through a way of of giving seminars and throwing out math and big words, big fanciful words, half of them he made up by the way that made no sense. And when he started debating actual explorers, actual navigators, actual physicists who had. Some of them had actually gone to Antarctica themselves, they had sailed the southern seas.
Speaker 2: They knew what was up.
Speaker 1: Some of these mathematicians actually could tell like what was going on by very basic experiments in named biker practice.
Speaker 2: At home. He kept his demeanor very cool, very calm, very collected. He would he would answer a question with a question. He would throw some answers back at them that made no sense whatsoever. And if that sounds like anybody to anybody out there, I'm not dropping names, but this all ties in.
Speaker 1: It's very much the parallaxium model. And so he ran with this so hard and so deep that this spawned into a revival of the flat earth movement, that led into the Flat Earth Society of the nineteen fifties becoming a thing. But we're gonna talk about it because this I wrote pamphlets that was somehow documented and seen by some academic sources quote unquote.
Speaker 2: As oh, this guy knows what he's talking about here.
Speaker 1: So all right, getting back to it now, Samuel Burley Robotham. He again, it was in London, and he was an English inventor, writer, a utopian socialist.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that part. Again, the reason.
Speaker 1: Why we know about flat Earth to the level we do today is because of a socialist full stop.
Speaker 2: Some would argue that Jesus was too, but I digress.
Speaker 1: Nobody would argue that. The people that argued that also, I just heard a whole debate. These people were arguing that Jesus was a vegan because he would never kill an animal. And it's like, you understand, he was a Jew and they did sacrifices, and Jesus told the Jews to do sacrifices. He also did the whole Passover meal, which involved eating lamb.
Speaker 2: So like, all right, I think pescatary and you can have fish, but lamb. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It blows the mind these people that tried to make Jesus fit into their world narrative rather than making their world narrative fit to Jesus.
Speaker 2: That's they're flipping the script. But we're not getting into that. We're not getting into that.
Speaker 1: My point is this dude was a socialist and he lived on a commune that later kicked him out because of his wild ass.
Speaker 2: Claims, and they got so annoyed with him that they were like, nahd'd.
Speaker 1: Fuck you, Like we don't care anyway, He was a flat earther who wrote Zadetic Astronomy, Earth not a globe, under the pseudonym of Parallax. His work was originally published as a sixteen page pamphlet in eighteen forty nine and later expanded into a book in eighteen sixty five. Yeah, sixty four, and then eighteen sixty five is when it was expanded into a book. Robotom's method, which he called Zadetic astrology, models the Earth as a flat disc centered at the north pole and bounded along its perimeter by a wall of ice within the sun, moon, planets, and stars, moving only several thousand miles above the surface. His work is generally credited with the modern revival of.
Speaker 2: The belief in flat earth. So I'm not gonna get into his early life because he is the only one that wrote any kind of biography about himself. And depending on which one you read, some of them claim that he was able to.
Speaker 1: Walk, talk, and read by one month old. Some will say that he had psychic powers by two. Again, all of this is written by him, and a lot of them actually conflict each other when you read them next to each other. So who's to say what his actual early life was like, okay, this is Barnum and Bailey, right, you see what I'm saying here, You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But fine, okay, maybe your boy embellished a little bit.
Speaker 1: It was for the readers, a little bit of some fanfic thrown in there.
Speaker 2: Bits.
Speaker 4: Fine, Fine, He probably had a pet uniform too. I wrote a mythical dragon.
Speaker 5: You know, I can see it.
Speaker 2: He might have smoked the mythical dragon. But so.
Speaker 1: He started out as an organizer of the Owenite community at Manea in the Fins, which is a socialist commune, where he formulated his ideas about the Earth. After measuring a lack of coal curvature on the long straight drainage ditches on the Bedford levels in his first Bedford level experiments, which we've talked about on Flat Earth Conversations a good bit, he was convinced of the flatness of the Earth and began to lecture on the topic. The Bedford level experiment he basically either a got down to the level of the water with a telescope and was able to see people skating on a frozen pond way further than he was supposed to be able to see, that's one version of it. Another version is he sent two boats at different times, the little flags on them. He sent one and then like twenty minutes later sent another one. They had different color little flags on the little boats that were floating in a drainage ditch, which you know, elevations and things, but water's level, so it couldn't be. And so he looked down and they weren't as they weren't at the same distance. Like something was wrong here. The whole conversation of the curvature was wrong. Never mind the fact that one of these boats was caught up in some foliage that was in the river.
Speaker 2: But that's not the point. The point is we're being eyed to, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: So he took a little time to learn his trade, running away from a lecture in Blackburn where he could not explain why the holes of ships disappeared before their meat masks when sailing out to sea. I know, I know it's crazy, but whenever a ship goes out to sea, the bottom of the ship disappears first. And he was questioned with that, with people that were actual explorers that knew how the sea works.
Speaker 2: He wasn't able to answer that. So he ran away and said, don't worry, I'll be able to answer that in part two of my lecture. Come back tomorrow and see me.
Speaker 1: He left town like he full on skip town and was laughed at, and a lot of people said, oh, he must have fall on off the ice.
Speaker 2: Wall, that's why it's not here.
Speaker 1: But he continued his conversation right, however, as he persisted in filling halls by charging sixpence a lecture, which I mean we say the term sixpence or like sixpennies. Now back then, that was a pretty decent chunk of change. Here, his quick wittedness and debating skills were honed so much that he could counter every argument with ingenuity, wit and consummate skill. When finally pinned down to a challenge in Plymouth in eighteen sixty four by allegations that he would not agree to attest, see your boy, Samuel appeared on Plymouth Hoe at the appointed time, which Plymouth is a spot in England. And essentially what happened was there was a lighthouse, the Edistone Lighthouse, and it was fourteen miles out to see and that was an understood. The distance was guaranteed. That is a fourteen mile distance from where we're standing to this lighthouse.
Speaker 2: Got it dope. So what he was.
Speaker 1: Saying is that, don't worry, you'll be able to see the bottom of the lighthouse.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter with the earth is flat.
Speaker 1: The physicist came out and was like, no, you'll be able to see just like half the light.
Speaker 2: That you'll be able to see only half the.
Speaker 1: Light because the way the curvature goes down at that distance and all the things.
Speaker 2: The day came, they looked at their telescopes. Both were wrong. Both were wrong. Can you guess what they saw when they looked through their telescopes fog raven.
Speaker 5: They saw I don't know half of it.
Speaker 2: They saw half of it.
Speaker 1: The reason why is because atmospheric differential was understood at the time, but the physicists miscalculated it, which that was a easily disproven as soon as the experiment was over, like, oh, sorry, we messed up our math. Here you go, bob, here's why we saw what we saw. Damn you took it to say. Oh see, y'all were wrong too. I was wrong, but you were wrong too, so I'm a dip. Later he later got brought to trial for fraud and was supposed to pay out a certain amount because that was the wager that was thrown down on. This debt didn't happen at all. And then he changed his name again to the doctor Tryon thing and to sell his phosphoric acid. We'll get to that here in a minute too. But anyway, so I.
Speaker 5: Love this guy's great.
Speaker 2: He's he's a character, which is what he was supposed to be. He wasn't supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Reminds me of somebody just weird.
Speaker 2: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: He wasn't supposed to be seen as a serious expert.
Speaker 2: He was supposed to be edutainment. He's like, he's like pro wrestlers. They are talking some mad shit. You're not supposed to take it as reality. It's the show. It's the show.
Speaker 5: Do not bring wrestling into the Royal.
Speaker 2: Rumble was fucking awesome, by the way. I couldn't tell you do not.
Speaker 4: Bring that into this, thank you. Okay, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: It's a boxing match, it's about to go on, and these dudes are talking mad shit on the mic before the fight to hype it up.
Speaker 2: It's not real. They don't actually hate each other. They don't care. It's about getting the eyes on the event. Jake Paul fight there you go.
Speaker 5: That's what I was thinking of too.
Speaker 2: Or Love and Paul with the WWE.
Speaker 4: You see him get something snuck into his hand and they're like all debating about it if he was taking drugs or not.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Apparently there's a video of a guy coming up and like he hands him something real quick, and he kind of like hangs out for a few minutes and then he like goes like this and puts it in his mouth, and apparently they have it on video and there's like a whole thing going on with it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I believe it adrenochrome capsules. That's that's my guess. Why not?
Speaker 5: Probably why not he sent in a capsule so you can put it in there?
Speaker 2: You could, Yeah, absolutely could. But anyway, all right, So back to our boy Sam here.
Speaker 1: In nineteen sorry, eighteen fifty six, Robottom married for a second time because his first marriage disintegrated. It was it was a mess for a second time and had two children, one of whom died in infancy. So your boy had like nine kids, only three of them survived. Some speculate that the reason is because he was force feeding them his snake oils, his phosphork acids that he believed would keep somebody alive for forever. And I don't mean that euphemistically. He truly believed and wrote a pamphlet on this to the tune of this, basically, the only reason why we die is because our body starts to harden up like rocks, and essentially when we die, certain organs are a rock form.
Speaker 2: It's like petrified. Would our organs do that? Obviously?
Speaker 1: You know how you could stop that? Phosphork acid sold in this neat little bottle b b bu up and it's by doctor. Tryon, you know, you could trust a doctor and it's like, no, it's you dude.
Speaker 2: It's literally it like coloidal silver. It really does, right.
Speaker 1: So most of his children died before they were six, reason being every time they had the sniffles, he would force the mass amounts of phosphoric acid, which in small doses is not bad, but even a small dose to a child in the manner of which he was given it to them is very detrimental.
Speaker 2: But we'll get to that more in a bit.
Speaker 1: Anyway, in eighteen sixty one, when he was forty six, your boy married a fifteen year old girl with whom he was living at the time of the marriage, and settled in London, producing fifteen known children, of whom only four survived.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, my math was off a moment ago. He was named in.
Speaker 1: Numerous cases of wrongful deaths, including a death by misadventure for accidentally poisoning one of his own children. Again, it was the wow, yeah, no, no, this is the flat earth guy. Just so we're all clear here, But we'll get.
Speaker 5: To more shadow and a killer.
Speaker 1: Well, at that time, fifteen wasn't crazy for marrying age. And I disagree with this. I disagree with it wholeheartedly, but we're looking at the most it is by our modern interpretation of the word. But back in those days, a sixteen year old getting married was like not crazy to these people. Basically, once you started your period, a girl was of marrying age, which is fucking mind blowing. But per the early eighteen hundreds, apparently that was just like the way.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I'm gonna still stand by my statement, Oh I know, but a forty five year old man with a fifteen year old girl is absolutely disgusting anyway you chop it up. I think any way you want to look at it even culturally, like you still know it's probably wrong, and you're still gonna do it anyways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree. I'm just mentioning that that was also a social norm of the day. But that's beside the point his first wife.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: But he killed a whole bunch of his children.
Speaker 2: Most of them, most of them.
Speaker 1: He even goes on to say that he was responsible for other deaths using his quack cures of phosphorus. He was also alleged to be using the name of doctor Samuel Burley, living in a beautiful twelve roomed house, selling the secrets of prolonging human life and curing every disease imaginable. Augustine de Morgan refers to him as S. Goulden his patent. He patented a number of inventions, including a quote life preserving cylindrical railway carriage. Basically, if you have this carriage carry from point A to point B, you'll live forever. What's so special about it? It's the shape that's it. For the record, Yep, this is the guy. This is the reason why flat earth is a conversation that we talk about today. Just so we're clear, but we're getting deeper here.
Speaker 3: It's not just people making observations. It could be that too.
Speaker 2: The observations can quickly be understood scientifically to like know what is actually happening.
Speaker 1: But like, nobody has ever seen the curve. You can see it by looking out of an airplane. But then they're gonna say, oh, that's because a fish bowl lenses. There's no fish bowl glass on a plane. Dog, Yeah, there is.
Speaker 2: It's curved.
Speaker 1: It definitely is curve. A cur with the rest of the plane. Yeah, but that's not a curve. This way is not going to make the Earth look a certain way. This way, that's not how that goes. Vertical and horizontal don't equate to the same eyesight.
Speaker 3: Even your boy fucking what's his name, the black scientist guy uh Neil de grass Tyson, will say that you can't see it from a plane. You can't even see it from like what was it.
Speaker 2: The You could see it from the Bersh Khalifa.
Speaker 3: He said that even the red bull jumper couldn't see it, and that goes way higher than a plane.
Speaker 1: That's incorrect. You could look at the cameras that he had on that satellite and see it.
Speaker 2: Said you couldn't. I don't know. I'm just saying what he said.
Speaker 1: Neil de Grass also says Pluto isn't a planet. I'm not a big fan of him either, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I personally have never looked outside of a plane window and thought, oh, the world is round. I've been on a lot of planes. I've never seen a curvature because you can see that it extends vastly. Dude, I'm not saying that it's round or flat.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not even going there, all right. I think it's a fucking fake anyway.
Speaker 2: But my point is is that I've never seen a curvature from a plane. I don't think you can. I don't think that's high up enough.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: The dude that kills me is he brought like a six inch torpedo level onto a plane, put down his trade table on the seat in front of him, and put it down there to show that he was level. And it's like, oh boy, that's that's not how this works at all.
Speaker 2: Like shout out to Daryl Marble, He's the one that did that. That is that is silliness.
Speaker 1: That is ridiculous, Like I that's like balancing a square and saying, well, it's round because I balanced it. It's like what like you could like when you're balancing a tire, you know what I mean, getting sending somebody a square and saying, well, we balanced it, so it's gotta work like that. That's not how this works. You could balance anything that doesn't make it round.
Speaker 3: Dog, I don't fucking know. I really don't care because I don't believe that. I think the material world isn't illusion anyway.
Speaker 2: So that's fair.
Speaker 1: But as far as the conspirac is concerned, here, let's continue. He says he painted or he hadn't, did a number of inventions. We talked about the cylindrical railway carriage. He is not known to have hailed any medical degrees, and his professions are named as at different times of chemist, physician, journalist, and soap boiler. Somehow he held all these titles at the same time. His book Zadetic Astronomy The Earth Is Not a Globe appeared in eighteen sixty four. His lectures continued, and concerned citizens address letters to the Astronomer Royal seeking rebuttals for his claims. A correspondent to The Leeds Times observed that quote. One thing he did not or one thing he did demonstrate, was that scientific dabblers, unused to platform's advocacy, are unable to cope with a man a charlatan, if you will, but clever and thoroughly up to in his theory, thoroughly alive to the weakness of his opponents. So basically he's saying like, look, these people have never seen a debater go against somebody who can match him, because he's going up against people when he's proposing questions that they're not prepared to answer. Right, So continuing on here, one of Robotham's followers, John Hampden, a Christian polmist polemicist, gained notoriety by engaging in rausious public debates with leading scientists of the day. A bet involving the prominent naturalist Alfred Russell Wallace in the famous Bedford Level experiments led to several lawsuits for fraud and libel in Hampton's imprisonment. So the whole conversation about well they did those Bedford experiments, and clearly it shows you here at this flag there was people imprisoned for fraud based off of what they talked about there. In the United States, his ideas were taken up by the Christian Catholic Apostolic Church in nineteen fourteen and were promoted widely when the church added a radio station in nineteen twenty three. His work in the United States was continued by William Carpenter. He was a printer originally from Greenwich, England. Probably missed pronounce that Greenwich, I don't know, a supporter of him, and published Theoretical Astronomy Examined and Exposed Proving the Earth is Not a Globe in eight parts from eighteen sixty four under the name of Common Sense. He later immigrated to Baltimore, where he published one hundred Proofs the Earth Is Not a Globe in eighteen eighty five. So, just so we're all clear here, whenever people talk about how or you got to read books from the eighteen hundreds because that's when they knew the truth, or you got to read books from this, you gotta read books from this, we need to still test the source on those written documents. Just because they're written and just because they're a book does not mean they're real or truthful whatsoever. But okay, fine, So before I continue here again, I do want to make a mention.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the flat Earth.
Speaker 1: Community for the lids they have blown off of so many different conspiracies because they are looking at things from a different perspective, which gives them that ability. I'm not trying to shit on the flat earthers. I'm trying to shit on parallax, or I should say people Samuel here anyway, So he also released a pamphlet where he talked about how to lift Forever. I'm gonna try to get this all in one. Take here Biology an inquiry into the cause of natural death, showing it is not to arise from old age, but a gradual process dammit of consolidation, arising from substances which may be so far controlled as to preserve health and active life for an indefinable period by tryon. That was the title of his pamphlet.
Speaker 3: I found another one one hundred proofs that the Earth is not a globe? But did he also go by another name called Wm Carpenter.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's why I was just talking about.
Speaker 1: That was William Carpenter that basically took his work and ran with it and wrote his own book.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I found the Internet archive of it. It's forty two pages and literally the opening page says a challenge to the Johns Hopkins Universe, one hundred proofs that the Earth is not a globe, and again it says it's upright, downright, and straightforward.
Speaker 1: Most of those quote unquote proofs can be very quickly, quickly dispelled. But all that is because of this dude who went under the nickname of Parallax when he was out there going on his speaking engagement. So again, Samuel Burley Robotom aka Parallax. He was an English quote unquote medical doctor and quote unquote inventor who wrote Zendetic Astronomy, Earth is not a globe based on his decades long scientific studies of the Earth, published a sixteen page pamphlet in eighteen forty nine, which he later expanded into a four hundred and thirty page book expounding his views.
Speaker 2: According to him, his own personal.
Speaker 1: Scientific method, not the actual scientific method, but his version of the scientific method, which he called Zadetic astronomy. The Earth is a flat disc centered at the north pole, bounded along its southern edge by a wall of ice, with the sun, moon, and planets and stars only a few thousand miles above the surface of the Earth. He and his followers gained notoriety by engaging in Raush's public debates.
Speaker 2: Which I talked about earlier on.
Speaker 1: One such clash involved a prominent naturalist, Alfred Russell Wallace, and led to several lawsuits for fraud and liability.
Speaker 2: So this dude was this is what he did.
Speaker 1: He absolutely went in debated these people, and every now and then one of them would come with a point that he could not refute, and he would either a skip town or b say you know what, fuck it, let's do an experiment, and he would rig the deck to where it looked like nobody won. Therefore he's right, because that's how that works.
Speaker 3: Let's play a little game real quick. Out of one hundred proofs, I want you to pick any number from one to one hundred, and we'll just pick one of these proofs and then we'll see what your argument is against it.
Speaker 1: For the record, I didn't try to go against you at the Truman Show, but okay, we could do this.
Speaker 2: Forty five. I'm not pro flat earth either, I'm just I think it's fun. Forty five Why not? All right?
Speaker 4: Nine?
Speaker 2: Nine? All right? Forty five.
Speaker 3: They're short, they're not long forty five. The Astronomer Royal of England, George b Airy, in his celebrated work on astronomy The ip which Lectures, says that Jupiter is a large planet that turns on its axis, and why do we not turn? Of course, the common sense reply is because the Earth is not a planet. When therefore an Astronomer Royal puts words into our mouth wherewith we may overthrow the supposed planetary nature of the Earth. We have not far to go to pick up a proof that Earth is not a globe.
Speaker 2: So his question, his point is that while they say Jupiter rotates on an axis, why doesn't the Earth? But we do? Because do what? Yeah, that's kind of a silly point. I don't even know why that made the book. That's a lot of them are very similar in nature.
Speaker 3: Bro By the way, I'm not like doing this to suppose you just think it's funny, like a funny part Raven you said.
Speaker 2: Number nine.
Speaker 3: Number nine says, as mariners take to sea with them, charts constructed as though the sea were a level surface. However, these charts may err as to the true form of the level surface. Taken as a whole, it is clear as they find the answer, they find them. This doesn't make any sense, as they find them answer their purposes tolerably well, and only tolerably well. For many ships are wrecked owing to the error of which we speak that the surface of the sea is as it is taken to be, whether the captain of the ship supposes that the Earth is a globe or anything else. Thus, then we draw from the common system of plane sailing a practical proof that Earth is not a globe.
Speaker 4: That was so much bullshit words to say, like a single line. You could have just wrote like a single line.
Speaker 1: This is very similar to most flat earth debates to this day, honestly just filling it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to sound smarter kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Using words that make you sound educated. And it's like, that's why there's so many shipwrecks. It's because they're going off of round Earth maps. If they were using flat Earth maps, and it'd be that's not the case, Like, that's why they're shipwrecks.
Speaker 2: Got you, I.
Speaker 4: Really know that I didn't know that Earth and Jupiter have different rotation periods.
Speaker 5: I knew that they were. I knew they were different.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize how different Earth is twenty four hours and Jupiter is ten.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Jupiter is also a giant gas ball, so I mean that's that also adds to that, but it's also massive compared to ours.
Speaker 5: I just didn't realize that there was.
Speaker 4: It was so much, so much shorter than ours, Like ours is tilted at like twenty three point four degrees and Jupiter is tilted at only three degrees.
Speaker 2: That is, of course, if we were assuming that space is not faking gay.
Speaker 1: Right now, and that's the whole thing, right So moving on here, I'm going to read a quote from Zodetic Astronomy. No doubt many of our readers have been mystified in surprise within the last week by the announcement that, in three lectures at the Northampton Mechanics Institute, a gentleman who calls himself Parallax would undertake to prove the Earth is not a globe and see and c Okay. We were highly gratified by the manner in which this important subject was handled by Parallax, a pseudonym which the lecturer informed his.
Speaker 2: Audience he had adopted in order to avert the effect.
Speaker 1: Of an insinuation that his starting announcement is but the morbid desire of an individual to be known as a propounder of a philosophy boldly invariance with that of the great astronomers of the past and present. So they're saying, basically, this dude chose the name Parallax because he doesn't want his own name to get out there. He's trying to make himself sound like he's ancient in his knowledge. His subject was handled in a plain and easy manner, his language and illusions, proving him a man of education and thought, and certainly not a pedant or what you might call a pedestrian or uneducated. Right, the experiments mentioned divested of technologically in their radical recital, rather and understandable by all where of such a nature, or where of such a nature as to cause a start of surprise at their simplicity and truthfulness. It is not for us to pronounce a verdict upon so important an issue. Parallax may be an error, but as far as his reasonings from fact and experiment go, there is much two set scientific men thinking. His arguments consists of facts, and such are as pertinent to all degrees of mental capacity in the discussion which followed. Parallax certainly lost no ground either an answer to questions or to some broad assertions. Quoted from leaned or learned authorities. This is a quote from South Midland Free Press, August fourteenth, eighteen fifty four. This is a journalist who was in the room when he was doing one of his edutainment speeches, and this was their take on it. He's saying, well, clearly he didn't lose any ground. He didn't do this and this and this. This is a journalist who is not an educated person, so he wouldn't know who won or lost a debate in this regard. This would be like us listening to two quantum physicists who one getting down with string theory and one getting down what was that other theory the cloud or something like that, and them debating this and us looking at like, wow, I mean, they're both really educated, and neither side really sounded like they were lost. In reality, one side probably trounced the other. We just don't have the ears to hear that, if that makes sense. They go into another example from the Greenwich Free Press and the Warrington Advertiser. All of them gave very, very kind of neutral reviews of these things, making him sound not bad or good, just kind of making all sides sound good. So he died right eighteen eighty five. Even though he had the cure to live forever, he died, which I also think is pretty important. He died in his sixties. The American Association for the Advancement of Science lists him as doctor Samuel Robottom in his eighteen eighty five obituary, as does the obituary in the English Mechanic of World Mechanic and World of Science. The bookseller obituary confirms he was a practicing doctor of medicine who exercises his legitimate profession with immense success quote unquote. For some years past, doctor Robottom is the name of doctor Burley exercises legitimate profession with immense success. He had special medicine for his own manufacture free phosphorus quote unquote, which he was reputed to be officiosis ef fiastious. I don't know, in the cure of a variety of ailments for some years past. Doctor Robottom could have never, under any circum consideration been induced to travel by rail. Patients or friends at a distance wishing to see him had to send their carriages for him, and within the last few months he visited Brighton for the benefit of his health, journeying to and fro in a private carriage. Curiously enough, the mode of con convenience in which he placed his faith accelerated his death. On an occasion several months passed when in aligned from a cab, he slipped and injured his leg, and from that time his health gradually failed. There's a poem written on his tombstone, but by this point the weathering is so bad that we really can't tell what it says.
Speaker 2: So take that how you want it, right, Did.
Speaker 4: He even have a doctorate? No, did he actually have a real doct So they just gave it to him.
Speaker 2: He just kind of said it enough times.
Speaker 1: And this is back in the day and age, where like, are you gonna call the university that he claims he's from from bumfuck Nowheresville and ask his credentials. He's got a paper and it has a really nice logo on it and it looks really clean, so like, clearly he's got he's got the credentials.
Speaker 2: And if you just say it enough times, then yeah, sure he's a doctor of something. Of what I don't fucking know. He calls himself doctor. He goes by Parallax. I don't know, but that was that was the guy. I mean, John Cena was the doctor of thugnomics. Okay, doctor Dre, I imagine that he had a degree y doctor, very similar.
Speaker 1: Can y'all imagine a time three hundred years from now where somehow people think that doctor Dre had a doctorate in acoustics in music, because well, he made a bunch of music. He made like best selling albums. The whole world knows his name. He went by doctor. He must have had a doctorate in something like No, no.
Speaker 2: He's been doing it for more than eight to twelve years.
Speaker 1: So, but he has no credentials to back the claim that he's a doctor. It's very very similar to this guy. You just say it enough times.
Speaker 3: Dentists are also called doctors though, Yeah, a doctor of dental science a DDS. I know, I understand what, I understand what you're saying. I'm just saying that, like you.
Speaker 1: Know, Doc Holliday. Doc Holliday was an actual doctor of dentistry.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we had that guy on the show Doc Holiday.
Speaker 2: That's what that's the name. He went by you remember I do.
Speaker 1: Oh speaking of Actually, i'll tell you about this later on Scott Pace. I saw him at church today. We're gonna get the big foot guy back on the show here soon. He apparently more things have happened, so like, I'm stoked about that.
Speaker 5: But anyway, anyway, yeah, waits in the parish.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I live like four doors down from his daughter, and uh, I didn't know he even went to my church.
Speaker 2: I saw him this morning. I was like, wait, is that Scott Like, I don't let it go.
Speaker 1: It was whatever. I go out, I'm walking my kids to the car and he's like Jacob. I'm like, Scott, dude, what is up? And we just kind of chopped up for a second in the park. I was like, I would love to come back on your show, man. I've been keeping up with y'all. I would love to come back on and talk about some things. I'm like, is there more? He's like, Oh, there's so much more.
Speaker 2: I'm like, brother, We're gonna get together someplace else.
Speaker 4: When you guys were chatting the other day about this and I was like, oh, he probably lives you know where.
Speaker 1: His first bigfoot experience was in Kassachi. National Forest, but he lives here. He's got family land out that way up and now it's Andrew Area. But now he lived in Perryville for show.
Speaker 4: Wait, he's saying that we got Sam's scam stances down here, like.
Speaker 2: Oh, he has them living in his home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here in Prairieville, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna have one. He'll do a way better job explaining it than I could.
Speaker 4: I love Scott so much, can't I can't wait to hear this, all.
Speaker 3: Right, dude, Chris Matthew made a whole documentary on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Forbidden Knowledge.
Speaker 3: News, Yeah, which shot out by the way, I just went on there earlier today.
Speaker 2: Did you Hell Yeah, he's a Louisiannibal.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, all right, I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen at this time.
Speaker 2: And I got this little clip of a video.
Speaker 1: That I'm gonna pull up that kind of talks about his experiment, how went down, and how the people responded to it. I think you'll do a lot better job of I than I can of explaining. This is from Extra History, shout out the YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: So let's learn more about Parallax, the father of what we would now call modern flat Earth. Conversation.
Speaker 6: Now, it should be noted that this professed belief of Robottoms was weird, though several ancient religions had believed in a cosmology that included a flat earth. Philosophers in ancient Greece had proved the world was round, and that knowledge was widespread in the medieval world and universally accepted by the Renaissance, which is part of what gave Robottoms lecture such a good hook. See, he lived in a time of lectures as entertainment, when a traveling lecturer could make a lot of money speaking on a specialized topic like literature, history, and especially science. Victorian sensibilities really pushed the idea of self betterment through education and mechanics. Institutes sprung up all over Britain, offering space to lecturers and courses to educate the working classes. Though some of these lecturers were legitimate teachers and writers, many were Charlatan's in it for the attention and money. In some ways it was the beginning of edutainment. And of course, the more eye catching and controversial topic, the more you could pack a lecture hall for a sixpence or more per seat. Baby like okay, maybe you don't believe that the world is flat, But isn't it worth it to pay a sixpence to watch a guide? Try to convince you of something so nuts? Like, seriously, try to imagine a world where people watched pop culture versions of academic subjects as mass entertainment. Imagine it? Are you imagining it yet? Do you have it in your mind's eye? Yeah? Of course it sounds like YouTube, doesn't it. This is pretty much like Victorian YouTube we're talking about. Robotom's first lecture was covered by the local press, where apparently he laid out what would be his consistent arguments for the next three decades, namely that the Earth was not a globe. It was more like a pizza, with the north pole at its center and a big ice wall around the outside forming the pizza crust. Also, the Earth did not orbit the Sun. Instead, the Sun moved in a circular path above the Earth, and the Moon was not lit due to its reflection, but because it was a self illuminating object. Both were close rather than far, with the Sun only four thousand miles from the Earth's surface, and the stars were not other suns far away, but points of light in the Great vault of Heaven. In fact, the Earth was the only planet, and below it were the primordial waters mentioned in Genesis before the Earth's creation, and the rocking of the Great Plate is what caused the tides rather than the Moon's gravitational poll According to Robottom, the new time Tonian scientists had it wrong, not due to some conspiracy, mind you, but because they were arrogant and imaginative and could not prove their theories apart from thought experiments. Meanwhile, Robottom's philosophy, which he called zetetic astronomy, relied on experiments that anyone could replicate at home. This was, of course hogwash. Astronomers of the time had plenty of hard evidence to back up their claims, but it often relied on math that was difficult for lay people to understand. Ironically, Robottom relied on this same weakness to argue for his theories. He threw a lot of math and diagrams at his audience that were hard to follow or refute, and he packaged it all in an anti elite language which would appeal to the common audience member. After all, this was still very much an era of the gentleman astronomer. Formal degrees and even the term science were not yet widely used, and the field was basically a playground for the rich, upper class men like Newton who didn't have to work to support themselves. But he also pushed on another hot button topic because wall Robottom jabbed with math diagrams and supposed refutations of Newton's view of the world. His right hook was that his version of the world lined up with Biblical literalism. In his talk, he said astronomers were not simply wrong, they were attacking religion by contradicting Biblical teachings. Then he closed the presentation with the idea that phosphorus could make you immortal. Robotom's first lecture was met with good reviews in the local paper, apart from the phosphorus part, which was so derided that he never again promoted it in a flat earth lecture that, of course, would be spun off into its own separate business. Where he ran into trouble, however, was at his second lecture in the town of Burnley, where during the post lectured debate, someone asked him why ships disappeared from the bottom when sailing out to sea. At this question, he panicked, then said he'd have a good answer in the second part of his lecture the next night, and promptly skipped town. The local paper then recorded the audience jeering when he didn't show up the next day, joking that Parallax had obviously slipped off the ice edge of his flat disc and would not be seen until he peeped up on the other side. By his next outing, he had researched the most common counter arguments to his theory and rehearsed quick and more importantly, often humorous comebacks to every single one. These two were, of course unsupported nonsense, but it was the fact that he was entertaining and appeared knowledgeable that made him, to a layperson watching, seem like he knew more than his opponents. He developed other strategies as well, like when questioners pressed him too hard, he'd claim they were being selfish and taking up too much time from other people who wanted to speak. When he did not have a satisfactory answer, he would pivot to a different topping entirely, or turn questions around and challenged the questioner to name statistics that he'd memorized. He'd asked them to prove there wasn't an ice wall and throw out too many falsehoods to refute.
Speaker 2: Not real quick.
Speaker 1: If this sounds like any flat Earth talking head that you know of, that is because they're literally taking their notes from Parallax, just throwing this out, not dropping names, because I'm not trying to be that guy here. But if you're talking to somebody who's gonna bring up eight different points.
Speaker 2: Before you can refute the first point.
Speaker 1: They're bringing up a bunch of statistics and math that makes no sense out loud, and then as soon as you ask them a solid question, they divert to fifteen other points. They're gonna bring in some sort of religion, doesn't have to be midlical, it could be any religious talking points to try to make their point make more sense. All of these things, and they're gonna make it very humorous. They're gonna be very likable in nature. They got that kind of cult of personality vibe to them. All of these things. There's a reason, because of the tried and true method that this guy literally professionalized in.
Speaker 3: I'm about to get my alanis more set on and get a little ironic up in this bitch.
Speaker 4: H So.
Speaker 3: How about it's funny that he was saying that, you know, people that don't believe in the globe Earth are the people that are trying to push globe Earth are inherently against Christianity, right and so, but at the same time he's selling phosphorus, yeah, which literally the Greek named it that because it's the light bearer. So it's like so ironic that the Christian guy is trying to push lucifer, Right.
Speaker 1: You see that too, and it's it's but that again, to your average late person in the early to mid eighteen hundreds, they would have never had that source.
Speaker 2: We have Google.
Speaker 1: We can quickly google everything we're hearing about, right, and oil it's literally snake.
Speaker 4: Oil, I know, but and it's snake oil, which you know, the snake you know, the whole thing, Yeah, you know, the whole thing. And is liberry, yeah, you know wild how that all happens.
Speaker 1: It'd be like that. And again we have Google right here. We are in the age of information and disinformation. I get that, But we can search every single point that is being made here and find a quick answer to the people of the early eighteen hundreds, especially the uneducated that we're paying to hear these edutainment style lectures. They had no source to combat any of this shit. They were just asking questions that they thought of, and if he gave a reasonable enough answer that sounded like he knew what he was talking about, Oh huh, I guess I'd answer my question.
Speaker 2: Br br burp. No one really questioned until they did, until they're from.
Speaker 3: What I found is that uh, phosphorus and very very small amounts of their bones and energy and repair tissues, but literally like the most amount you can take as an adult. I imagine you got to be a sizeable adult to take this. But twelve hundred and fifty milligrams he was feeding his children's tablespoons.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well, he's just horrible, but he But that's the thing.
Speaker 1: As far as him being a charlot goes, which I do believe he was in a certain regard, I will say he absolutely believed in what he.
Speaker 2: Was talking about, at least to a certain degree.
Speaker 1: Otherwise he himself would have been taken this much or giving his children this much, although he may not have actually given a fuck about his children. That's another option. I have no actual basis to go off of on that one, but it's it's one of these things you see what I mean. It's it's your boy was wild and if it wasn't for him. Again, by the early Renaissance, everyone not even the educated, every lay person, every random farmer knew that the earth was round. So why did it become a thing in the eighteen hundreds that became the flatter society of the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 2: It was because of parallax anyway.
Speaker 3: Just to compare here, the most that a large adult can take is two hundred and fifty milligrams of phosphorus. A tablespoon is fifteen thousand milligrams.
Speaker 1: He was giving his infant children multiple tablespoonsze Like, yeah, tablespoon is like twelve times more than the suggested amount for a sizable human.
Speaker 5: And he was claiming killed him on purpose.
Speaker 2: It could be, could be.
Speaker 5: They didn't say they didn't have to feed him.
Speaker 2: But this was his thing.
Speaker 1: Well, he got really wealthy from doing these lectures and all these talking points and all these things.
Speaker 2: Regardless of whatever lawsuits he faced, he was able to skip town, change his name to one of his other aliases, and continue making monet.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he it's very possible he purposely killed his children. I have no credible evidence to suggest such. But it is there is a greater than zero percent chance that was actually his plan all along. I can't refute that also as far as the possibility goes. But anyway, this dude is the only reason we still talk about flatter today.
Speaker 2: But let's continue. I only got a few more minutes on this one.
Speaker 6: To mention subtly making fun of Newtonian proofs by using words like rotundity to make the idea seem ridiculous. Crucially, though through all this nonsense, Robottom was unfailingly polite and kept his tone, even which granted him more and more authority with the audience as his opponents, who increasingly included actual scientists, navigators and sailors, became frustrated and angry as he piled on disingenuous arguments. But this growing fame also meant that Parallax's opponents leveled up as well. By the eighteen sixties, people were writing the Astronomer Royal to get refutations of his ideas, and in Greenwich, the center of British navigation science and a haven for sailors who had actually been to the southern Oceans, they challenged him to the experiment at Plymouth. From the start of this episode, the stakes were this. The Newtonians argued that with their calculations, the lighthouse would be just over the edge of the curvature, and with atmospheric ref fraction accounted for, the whole lighthouse would be visible from the cliff, but only the lamp should be visible from the rocks. Parallax insisted the entire lighthouse would be visible from both perspectives, except neither happened because atmospheric conditions that day meant that the refraction was actually less than normal, meaning only half the lamp was visible. Yeah, the lighthouse was actually further obscured by the curvature than the Newtonians calculated, and Parallax was more wrong. Despite this, Parallax turned to the watching crowd and declared in a victorious tone that because the Newtonians had miscalculated clearly, they had proved that their models were all faulty and no one should trust them. He then went on to publish his monumental zodetic astronomy book the next year titled Oh give me strengthen, is.
Speaker 2: It real quick? Real quick? Before he reads off this very long pamphlet that he posted the next year.
Speaker 1: I already read you at the first place. It was called y'all understand what just happened. This is very similar to that experiment that certain flat earthers did not dropping names, where they went to the desert and shot a laser and they were saying, how this laser's three feet off the ground. They put the little platform three feet off the ground and should hit. Okay, well it didn't. Let's raise it a little bit, a little bit, a little bit, a little bit, and then they finally hit. And when you do the math, it shows clearly that the curvature of the Earth is exactly what scientists say, like exactly, it was literally that. And somehow, the same way the flat earthers on that video claimed that this was a victory for them somehow is the exact same way Parallax claimed that this was a victory for him.
Speaker 2: Because well, you weren't right either, so ha I won.
Speaker 1: It's like, bro, you missed the entire point at this experiment, clearly, but you're doing that to try to save face. And I get that because your livelihood is dependent upon you having some sort of credibility and you just lost all of it. Yeah, So Anyway, y'all see where I'm going with this. But okay, this long ass pamphlet he published the next year is called.
Speaker 6: Tetech Astronomy, The Earth Is Not a Globe, an experimental inquiry into the true figure of the Earth, proving it a plane without axial or orbital motion and the only material world in the universe. Thirty four words to Colin's two exclamation points and zero self awareness. It was a best seller, and though many copies were likely bought as a gag gift, it continues to this day to influence the flat Earth movement. Parallax was refuted again and again, but he spawned a group of rabid disciples who published zetetic magazines, argued on his behalf, and frequently went beyond his genial nature to stage personal tax in his name, even lawsuits. At other times, he agreed to further quote experiments against Newtonians, but developed a strategy where he'd show up late, then pull out, claiming that they had breached the rules by setting up the equipment without him. While he drifted back into pseudoscience medicine, claiming to be a doctor again in the eighteen seventies and producing a drink called Doctor Burley's Syrup of free Phosphorus, a type of early soda, he marketed through zodetic magazines, becoming a rich man before his phosphate regiment apparently failed him, and he died in eighteen eighty four at the age of sixty eight. Eagle eyed viewers will note that is quite a bit under immortal. Even in the eighteen fifties, when he left his wife to marry the fifteen year old daughter of his maid, he was never fully discredited. They had fourteen children, only four of which survived to adulthood, possibly, according to one account, because he gave them all his own claque medicines. Sadly, however, Robottom is not the end of the flat Earth story.
Speaker 2: No he is not.
Speaker 1: And because of this guy we saw the flat Earth conversation a day. Also, I didn't mention this. Apparently your boy married the fifteen year old daughter of his maid. Whenever I said fifteen earlier, I did leave out that load detail. So all of this to be said here you see how the flat Earth movement grew from this and gain legs in and of itself. They have brought so many things to light. They really, really, really have. But at the same time, it's not just this one guy. The sources he was claiming that he got his information from are the same sources of flat earthers today claim they're getting their information from, and or people that are disciples of his a few decades after his death. All this, all this ties in to make it seem really unlikely, just all of the stories alone. Forget the science and the physics and the math and all these things, just the storyline of itself.
Speaker 2: The flat Earth conversation is.
Speaker 1: A dubious proposition at best, but it is still my favorite conspiracy theory. It really is is because these people, wholeheartedly, deep deep within their heart of hearts, believe this to be true, and because of that they are able to look at the world through such a different lens, and from that they are able to find so many other sources to bring about so many other conspiracies. So while I don't agree with the flatter of conversation, and I think these people are out of their fucking minds, I give mad respect to them. I give their their flowers, their laurels, whatever kind of respect I can give to them to show them that I do not hate them, Because I don't you see where I'm going with this?
Speaker 2: Here? This is the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean I think ultimately flatter it'sh to me. I can't say for everybody else, but to me, it was a stepping stone to discovering that this reality is not what we thought it was. So I think that if you use it for that, then it's okay. It's not it and it shouldn't be. I mean, what do I know. I'm just coming from my own perspect I don't think that it should be a final destination. As far as you believe it to be this and don't look any farther now, I think you should continue to keep your search on.
Speaker 2: So that's all I got to say about that.
Speaker 4: I feel that I think it's I mean, I find it to be interesting that this is the father or godfather of flat earth conversation.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I think people are going to believe what they want to believe, and I think it's an interesting theory and I don't mind hearing about it because there's like multiple different types of flat earth conversations and I think all of them are you know, at this point, who knows what actually is, you know, real or not. I think it gave at least credence to finding new new wies to ask questions.
Speaker 2: So there is that, and there's people out there still to this day that are making.
Speaker 1: Their entire livelihoods off of the theory of the flat Earth. And I'm not trying to throw shade at them either on a personal level. You know, some of these people I know personally. I think they're decent people.
Speaker 2: Some of these people could.
Speaker 1: Very well be in on it, and they know that they are peddling bullshit and they're just taking people I don't know, and I can't make that assertion from my perspective. But yes, the flat earth conversation even and we've talked about this too, the very first encyclopedia, if we're gonna call it, that was written in seventy AD. He even shit on flat earthers in seventy a d.
Speaker 2: Like this has been a known fact.
Speaker 1: Ancient Egypt has hieroglyphic statements being made about how the Earth is round. Cuneiform b tablets talk about how the Earth is rounds very few scant sources of like whole civilizations and cultures that believe that.
Speaker 2: But like your boy Parallax did.
Speaker 1: He leaned more on biblical literalism, as well as the disproving of the bourgeoisie academic types to make everybody think, you know what, yeah, fuck that smart guy.
Speaker 2: He's hating Jesus. And it's like wait, wait, what fucking what?
Speaker 1: But yes, this is the godfather of the modern Earth debate and he was clearly out of his fucking mind.
Speaker 2: But from that has spawned all these other things.
Speaker 1: All this cut to nineteen fifties, a flat Earth society was spawned, and it was very, very off the beaten path for quite some time.
Speaker 2: Then the Internet became a thing.
Speaker 1: People latched onto it more heavily, and now we have certain individuals that believe this to this day. And and that's how it goes into the two camps, right.
Speaker 4: There are a lot a lot of people believe in this, so a lot of craven different variations of it, which, you know what, out of all the things that is happening, cool, I mean, why not like I'm doing it doesn't bother me at all.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't do this because it bothered me. I said, this is actually my favorite conspiracy. But within the flat Earth conversation, I've talked about this before, there seems to be two camps that form pretty quickly, and there's some nuances and there's some like middle ground on this when not everybody falls into one of these two camps, but the vast majority do. Some fall into the flat earth conversation because of their religious dogma, whether that's Christianity, Hinduism, whatever, they fall into that category. The other are three questions away from acknowledging that Hitler was the good guy in World War Two. And I'm just throwing this out. If those are your two talking points, then like, clearly we have way more conversations about morality and ethics and you know, legitimacy of the mind to go before we get to.
Speaker 2: The flat earth conversation.
Speaker 1: But I did think that this was worth bringing up as far as us talking about like our favorite conspiracies, the flat Earth is clearly my favorite.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be real.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would take somebody believing in flat Earth over somebody believing that they're her voice actually makes a difference within politics personally.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like the two aren't connected. But all right, it's all an illusion, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: Like the the idea that I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's just my my personal thoughts on politics in general. I think that there's a lot of talking heads that try and push their narrative.
Speaker 2: I was one of them for the longest time.
Speaker 3: And and it's like talking into the wind, I feel like, and you're you're kind of caught up in the illusion you think that one guy is is better than the other guy. Meanwhile, you know later they're probably going bowling and drinking some fucking adrenachrome.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's it's all one big show anyway. Anyway, No, I think that that's interesting. I never heard of that Parallax character, but it does make a lot of sense because a lot of those talking points are exactly how a lot of the flat earthers think.
Speaker 2: So good, fine, sir, I felt. So that's all right. So we were We're gonna do Raven Lee's.
Speaker 1: Favorite conspiracy as far as the conversation is concerned. But some things are going on at her house right now, so I guess we're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Maybe do a part two.
Speaker 1: Who knows, Maybe Raven Lee and I will kind of handle this one on our own on the next episode. You know, who's to say one way or another. But yeah, bro, this is uh, this has been a wild ride thus far.
Speaker 2: One thousand episodes, jonpan One thou.
Speaker 3: Wild dude, and we did like nine hundred of them together, So nine hundred episodes.
Speaker 2: Me and you, dude. It's been a long time.
Speaker 3: Learned a lot about the nature of our reality, Learned a lot about the nature of politics and war and all the crazy conspiracies, whether it be onen, cryptids or aliens, and got invited to multiple conferences and amazing, amazing run. And I'm very thankful to have had you as a as a co pilot, sir. It's been a it's been a fun ride.
Speaker 2: Oh likewise, dude, And to the people out there that think that there's some sort of bad blood or that there's some sort of animosity here, there's not there simply isn't. I mean, y'all. And I said this.
Speaker 1: I was on TikTok Live the other day, which is a thing I do on occasion now because you know, life or whatever is America. Well actually even before that, I was trying to I'm starting to try to grow the socials and do more things and post things and whatever, and I was like, you know what, fuck it may be going live on Instagram or live on TikTok will help grow these things.
Speaker 2: I don't know that for a fact, but I'm trying it out. Whatever.
Speaker 1: I consistently get that question, and I've told them all, like, listen, what you've heard on the MIC is about as close as you and I have ever gotten to actually having an altercation. Yeah, like whatever, even whether it was the Emerald Tablet's episode or the Christmas episode, there's been episode where you and I were button heads, really fucking hard as brothers do. That is the closest that you and I have I've ever had to an altercation was documented and recorded.
Speaker 2: We didn't edit anything out. Well, we actually did night and fight once upon a time. That's true me, So there's that. That's true.
Speaker 1: God, I forgot we had to strap up in armor one time. That shit is harder than it looks.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I want to get back into it so bad. I have gotten lazy. My cardio has gotten completely trashed. I'm hoping twenty twenty six will be the year that I start to take control of things, and a portion of that is going to a couple of tournaments, maybe taking a cage fight. Even if it's just an exhibition fight or something. I I gots to get back into it, dude, it's killing me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I feel you that it's definitely very important to try to get back into shape. I'm rocking more chins than a fucking Chinese phone book right now. Come on, and it's and it's quite it's quite wild. So either A, I gotta grow my beard back, which.
Speaker 2: I why do you keep shaving it, dude? Because I can't do the long beard. It just bother me too much.
Speaker 3: So maybe a little bit of scruffle, just enough to hide the chins, you know, just enough to give me a jawline or something.
Speaker 2: Just don't do the chin strap beard please that No, that.
Speaker 3: Would make it more obvious that I'm rocking up fucking thruptle chins or whatever.
Speaker 2: Dude. Yeah, I'm not doing that. But yeah, I mean it's uh yeah, we definitely got to get back in shape. I know, I do. I mean I haven't.
Speaker 1: My cardio is shit and I've gained about twenty pounds that I didn't need to gain.
Speaker 2: Like that's real shit. But I'm not. I'm not as chubby as I once was, that's for damn sure. I got up.
Speaker 1: I got up to like two thirty one point, which from my frame is I was a little puffy, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean that's also on camera, so yeah.
Speaker 3: That's also OG episodes. Jacob used to be a little porky back in the day.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: God I was, and then I started dropping away like crazy, and now I've got that equilibrium. But now I need to like I need to get healthy. It's not about maintaining, it's about being healthy.
Speaker 2: But anyway, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's it has been such a ride to get to this point. We went from a hobby to a side hustle, to a main hustle, to a new career to a not a split a shift, and I mean everything is full tilt. Everything is green lights all the way through, and it's it's beautiful. It's insane. Like I try explaining to people, dude, I got called for jury the other day and which sucked and explaining whenever they you know, the judge is asking your name, your marital status, how many kids you have?
Speaker 2: Uh, where you employed? Whatever?
Speaker 1: I straight with a straight face, was like, uh, you know, Jacob, I'm from Prayerville, got three kids. Bye bye, Bob, I'm a professional conspiracy theorist, Like, I'm sorry, what is that?
Speaker 2: Ico? Stay conspiracy? Because fuck him?
Speaker 1: I didn't want jury duty. Good god, No, they're not gonna let me be a part of the jury. No, And then they started asking questions about how I felt about morality and things. They did not like my answers what soever, because fuck them, it's so stupid.
Speaker 2: She would have just told them, yeah, Hitler was the good guy.
Speaker 1: No, oh my god, no, because I'm the other half of my group was not white, and that wouldn't have gone. Well, I live in this town, you know. I mean, there's a decent chance I'm gonna see some of these people again. Hell, I knew a couple other people on the jury with me. But like, no, I'm good. I just yeah, well, so if somebody walks up to you and slaps you, you can you can get them tried for that because you're a witness. I'm like, yeah, but it's a he said versus she said? At that point, what makes one witness more credible than another?
Speaker 2: The judge. I wasn't trying to be combative. I was genuinely.
Speaker 1: Asking, like, are we they're bringing up a witness here? And like and if this witness has a felony pass, does that matter to you? And I'm like, I mean, no, people can change. Just because somebody has spent time in jail doesn't mean that they're a non credible witness. But also, like, how good is this witness? Was it at night? Were they three hundred yards away or were they ten feet away? Do they have any stake in this game? Do they know the person to know the defendant? Do they know the person that was hurt? Do they like there's so many nuances to this and the whole time, you saw the judge roll his eyes and I'm just like, good, good.
Speaker 3: I think that that would make you a better person on the stand then by asking and being inquisitive, That's what I would think.
Speaker 1: But that's not what I want this fucking guy up there. But that's not what the lawyers want. The lawyers want non partial people that are gonna get in and get out and of the list they had, no man, that's it. They want these people to be yay or nay.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 1: Let's not talk about let's not deliberate for a week on this dude's guilty or innocent verdict.
Speaker 2: We need somebody who's gonna get this.
Speaker 1: Wrapped up by this weekend, and I was clearly not that guy, which good.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, you're talking about somebody who potentially or allegedly murdered somebody. It's a huge decision. You'd think that you'd want as many details as you possibly can, but that's not how the system works.
Speaker 2: If you have a fucking witness, then why do you need a jury? What is this?
Speaker 1: This should be a sentencing, this is not. And then you know, anyway, I'm not gonna talk about it whatever, But yeah, I'm just saying whenever I tell people what I do for work, they look at me.
Speaker 2: Half of them look at me like I'm crazy.
Speaker 1: The other half of me look at me like I like they they're jealous, almost like what no way, And I'm like, dude, I I wish I could explain how I got to this point, but here we are, you know, And to be honest, this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for you.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: Well, dude, I don't think that it wouldn't have It would have gotten to the point where it is without both of our minds coming together. And it's never it's never been an echo chamber it's it's always been you know, my mind versus your mind on a lot of things. And sometimes that gets a little annoying. And sometimes you know, tempers flair or whatever. That's okay, that's hum that's our humanness is coming out right. Like that is the level of close that we are, you know, we're we're able to be vulnerable with our thoughts and our feelings in ours for over nine hundred fucking episodes together. And and I think that that's what people liked. I think that they liked the realness. They liked, you know, just it wasn't fake. And there are a lot of fakesters out there today and a lot of people that are not necessarily doing it for the right reasons. And I felt like we always came about it with you know, for the right reasons. We were genuinely curious. We did so much research. I mean, yeah, we've done nine hundred episodes, probably on average anywhere between two and three hours each.
Speaker 2: Initially I think we're doing one.
Speaker 3: Hour shows, but let's just say that it was on average two hours per show. That's two hours of us talking about the notes that probably took us six to eight to gather for that show. So it's a lot of time that we've devoted to this show, and I'm just happy that many other people out there that listen to the show have appreciated it enough to follow us along on this journey.
Speaker 2: Oh agreed.
Speaker 1: And again, I know that I might be biased here, but I do believe that Raven Lee is an excellent new host. She's an excellent new talking point and a new perspective to what you and I started and ran with for so long. I don't think the show is taking a step down by any means. I think it's more or less been a lateral move.
Speaker 2: Has she been pushing back on anything that you say? Some some things?
Speaker 1: Yes, some things though, but she and I also have a lot of very similar vantage points on certain things. We have very different vantage points on other things. She is big with the environment. I am big with heavy industry, and sometimes those opinions conflict a little bit. I'm big with my Christianity. She is not a Christian by any stretch of the imagination. Sometimes those points conflict. But we very rarely get into a religious debate. We very rarely get into a political debate. It's more or less like, let's just talk it out. Let's let me hear what you're talking about. Let me see if maybe I can shift my view a little bit. Let's see if I could shift your view a little bit bit. And again, I don't think that the show has gone down as far as quality goes, and I don't think it's I think it's a higher caliber show, But that doesn't mean a better show.
Speaker 2: If anything, it's a lateral move. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's now I disagree. I think that it's gotten far and above much better. She She's a great addition to the show. And you know, I think that after a while, things will things naturally tend to plateau no matter what it is like, it doesn't matter. Think about like your favorite TV show of all time at one point was the Alpine of all fucking TV shows out there. But it reached that point. And I feel like we reached our point, and not to say that we couldn't have reached multiple points and exceeded expectations and you know, not been stunted by any perceived plateaus or anything like that.
Speaker 2: But I think that what Raven has done.
Speaker 3: To the show is that she has blasted through that that firmament that glass ceiling and has taken to the next level. I think that she's a fantastic addition to the show. And you guys going back and forth actually remind me a lot of us going back and forth, you know, just very inquisitive, very curious by nature. Yeah, and that's what makes for a good show, I think.
Speaker 2: I agree. I agree.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, although Ravenlee could not finish out this episode with us, she's got some stuff going on at her house at this moment, and so it's all good.
Speaker 2: Jonathan and I can wrap it up.
Speaker 1: I want to go ahead and give the shout out to anybody who has maybe not been a part of this conversation for the last thousand episodes but would like to be a part of all the moving forward and get these shows absolutely. Then the best place and only place to go to get that would be to go to patreon dot com slash Cultic Conspiracy Podcast. Got my words are getting weird now. When you sign up for cult to Conspiracy over at Patreon, what you will get is all these shows completely commercial for you will get them a couple of days in advance, if not sometimes even a week in advance.
Speaker 2: You will also get so many other possibilities. You get to see all the other affiliates on our patrearon.
Speaker 1: You get to see some exclusive behind the scenes footage of things that we post from.
Speaker 2: Time to time.
Speaker 1: But also that's only for the low tier, that's that five dollars a month tier. If you go to that third eye all the way open tier, you'll also get to join us every Tuesday night for our cult Member Live event that we host every Tuesday night at nine pm Central.
Speaker 2: You will also get to join.
Speaker 1: Raven Lee for her book club that she is doing every Sunday night. If I'm not mistaken starting, I think this Sunday coming up will be the.
Speaker 2: First book club meeting that they are doing every month.
Speaker 1: They're going to be doing a new book, conspiratorial, some religious, some science, some all the stuff, all the things you want to be a part of that. Come check us out patreon dot com, slash cult to conspiracy podcasts.
Speaker 2: And of course, if you go for that top.
Speaker 1: Tier, that Maniac tier, you will not only get all the things we've already listed, but you will get some exclusive merch sent to you as a massive thank you for supporting us in that way, And the merch is being made as we speak, So everybody wants to be a part of that tier, please go check it out now. But Jonathan, please give yourself all the shameless plugs for your project.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, dude, it has become way more than a project. It has become a lifestyle and the people are finding it out there, and it's been it's been growing exponentially, actually a lot here lately with just the sheer amount of awesome guests that we've gotten on the show. I mentioned Santo's Bonacci. We've had Dana Kippl, We've had the amazing Mark his name is the mirror on social media and whatnot, and a bunch of really really great people out there that are searching for the truth about the nature of reality and all of the magic that it encompasses. So if you're interested, if you are you know, kind of open minded as far as your spiritual beliefs out there, then we welcome you over there. I promise you. We are not calling on demons. We've had, not gonna lie. We've had a couple of you know, people the mess around with demons and then Satanism and stuff like that. The only reason we have them, though, is to try and garner a better understanding.
Speaker 2: You know, about how it works and just trying to understand it.
Speaker 3: Never would I ever get myself involved in blood letting or any of that other shit. It's just a genuine curiosity, that's all. And but yeah, we we have a bunch of wild stuff.
Speaker 2: Going on over there.
Speaker 3: Psychics magicians, which is esotericists. The list goes on and on, and that is not even including the shows that me and Sean like to bring to the table. And as I mentioned earlier, our next show is going to be on breaking down the esotericism within all of your old favorite fairy tales out there. So it's just it's just gotten pretty wild and ramped up here a lot lately. So if you're interested in that kind of stuff, come and check us out over at Metamistics Podcast, where we also have one episode per week that goes up on YouTube. We only put one up there because I played the YouTube game with the cult before got taken down four times and then they decided to completely just ban our ip address. So I'm living in Texas now. It's a clean slate. We're trying it. And so if you're interested in maybe you just want to dip your tone in the water go and check.
Speaker 2: It out over on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, you can find it on Spotify or Apple wherever you get your podcasts, and you'll be able to listen to every episode over there, not.
Speaker 2: Just one a week.
Speaker 3: If you really want to be able to support us in getting the shows days in advance completely commercial free and joining us live every Wednesday night for the wonder Weizday episodes, then you'll be able to come over to Patreon dot com slash metamistics. That link is down in the show notes of every single show that we do, and it's the best way to be able to support the show, so we really appreciate that. Otherwise, come check us out on TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, all the different socials. You'll be able to see all the short clips that we do from the show. And but yeah, other than that, dude, it's been a fucking fun ride. And I don't think anybody's getting off the train anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, If anything, we're putting our foot on the gas even harder, harder now than ever before.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's God, it's so much. Throw a little more coal.
Speaker 1: Into the furnace, sir, absolutely, And with that also I should go ahead and give myself the shameless plug the Cajun Night. We only release one episode a week, and we release it on the Cult to Conspiracy on Thursdays, but we shoot it every Wednesday night at nine pm Central. If you want to be a part of that, go to the link in the description below to the Cajun Night at Patreon dot com.
Speaker 2: Only one tier for injury.
Speaker 1: We talk more about the geopolitical, talks about what's.
Speaker 2: Going on in our day and age.
Speaker 1: Every week there's new shit that's popping off, so there's so many new things to talk about. It's becoming its own small little subreddit, if you will, of the Cult to Conspiracy.
Speaker 2: I thoroughly enjoy it.
Speaker 1: For anybody who's out there listening that wants to support me in that regard, come check me out Patreon dot com slash Cajun Night. And with all this being said, yeah, Jonathan, there's no one else I would have rather built a business with and gotten it to this level where we have side projects, we have new guests, we're meeting new people, we're growing these things in and of themselves.
Speaker 2: It is such it's been such a wild ride, and it's like you said, it's not going any slower anytime soon.
Speaker 1: We're ramping up production on all fronts. You are with your things. I am with my things, Raven is with her things. It's just we shittn't and getting a dude, it's amazing. All for the love of the game. That's what it's all about, dude, absolutely, absolutely, speaking of love of the game. If anybody out there like to get their start in the buying, selling, and trading of gold and silver, bullyon, then go to link of the description to coecsilver dot com.
Speaker 2: Link to that description in blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Link to the boy I can't speak, link to that in this description below. When you fill out your information on Homeboy, Wayne Clark will be the one to reach out to you.
Speaker 2: Look, talk to your financial advisor, talk to your CPA.
Speaker 1: And ask them if they believe that investing in precious metals is a good investment. I promise you they're going to tell you that at least a portion of your retirement portfolio needs to be invested in precious metals. Best place to get your start, like I said before, I had the whole tongue tie situation, is to go to Coecsilver dot com once again link in the description below, but another way to chee support the show, good cult members, and let everybody know what you thought about this one thou wow episode one thousandth episode of the.
Speaker 2: CO one F two. Please hit the five stars, hit the shirts that like to describe the.
Speaker 1: Comments, leave a postling review of shares, a defensive parmentfley shares where everywhere.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: The more activity the algorithmsease across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted to more potential listeners.
Speaker 2: Who could then become potential cult members like the rest of you. Fine ladies and gentlemen, why are you already go check out menimistics shot.
Speaker 1: Until the show and get them the same lever respect over there with the five star views on the positivity in the comments, Come.
Speaker 2: Check out the KJE to night and come join each of us for individual Patreon lives we host every Wednesday night nine pm Central. Links to those during the description as well, and we thank you for everybody's already gone and done so.
Speaker 1: And with all of this being said, this has been an amazing one thousand.
Speaker 2: Episodes of the Cups of Conspiracy. I am the Cage to night. I am the menimistic and there is
Speaker 1: One very important, extremely vital piece of information me You learned that as cern as neumly possible, red of that are