Speaker 1: I know him, I know this person. They get closer, but at the same time I'm gasping for that. I'm like, I'm dying. I'm literally dying on the spot. They get closer, they see me, takes me into his arms. Paramedics come, and you need to know that. When the paramedics left the spot, and again I'm this fast forward.
Speaker 2: When they left the spot, he asked them, and.
Speaker 1: This is a movie kind of thing, like they're they're in the back of the ambulance.
Speaker 2: They look back. He asked them, like this guy is gonna make it.
Speaker 1: They're like, no, No, at that moment, I was already supposed to die.
Speaker 3: Yes, were you conscious at that time?
Speaker 4: This is Wake Up with Marcy, a space for honest conversations about healing, recovery, and women's wellness. I'm Marcy Hopkins. Take a breath, You're safe here.
Speaker 3: Let's begin.
Speaker 4: What if everything you believed about your life changed in a single moment. One day you're making plans, you're building your future, living life at full speed, and the next you.
Speaker 3: Are fighting to survive.
Speaker 4: What do you do when you're told there's almost no chance that you'll make it. Do you give up? Or do you rebuild. Today's conversation is about rebuilding. About my guest, Vincent, being told he only had a one percent chance to live, and he chose to live and to rebuild. So today we're going to learn about that resilience and that purpose and discovering that sometimes the life that you've never planned becomes the one you're most grateful to live. So if you've ever felt like you've been knocked down, if you've ever wondered if it's too late to start over, then this episode is for you.
Speaker 3: Welcome all to wake up with Marcy.
Speaker 4: I'm so grateful you are back, and if you are new here, welcome. I am always so appreciative to all of you that are listening or watching.
Speaker 3: I'm Marcy Hopkins. I'm your host.
Speaker 4: I am an author, TV host, motivational speaker, mental health advocate, and.
Speaker 3: I am also in long term recovery.
Speaker 4: On this show, we have honest, raw conversations about mental health, healing, self discovery, and what it really takes to rebuild your life. And today's guest reminds us that life can change in an instant. The question isn't whether we'll face adversity, The question is who do we become because of it. Today we will meet Vincent van Denbrook. Vincent is an entrepreneur, founder of the Uid Club, podcast host, and the author of the upcoming book Everything Feels Impossible until It's Done. After surviving a near fatal accident that left him with just one percent chance of survival, Vincent faced the unimaginable challenge of rebuilding not only his body but his entire life. Today, he's helping people to stop living on autopilot and start intentionally designing lives built on purpose, resilience, health, meaningful relationships, and financial freedom. Now, let's welcome Vincent to the show and welcome to Wake Up with Marci.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me for real.
Speaker 4: I'm grateful that you were here and you had a life changing experience on October eleventh, twenty twenty four. Everything changed for you. So what do you remember about that day? What happened.
Speaker 2: About that day? Everything?
Speaker 1: But the most important thing I remember in the morning, getting back to from my wife working during the day, being at a carring event that we did with the business with my wife, leaving from that event to go finish an important file, and that's it, and that's it, and then afterwards it on my way to the place I was gonna send the file.
Speaker 2: I got her bike.
Speaker 3: Car and d is that correct?
Speaker 1: An eascouter and like the you know a school thing, Yeah, scool thing, not like it's not a scooter. Like it's like an e school you know, the thing that you like you push with your feet and then you go and like how do you say it in English? I think it's an eacuder.
Speaker 3: You're not sitting down, you're standing up, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the thing moves forward.
Speaker 1: Okay, I might something that that's called an EA scooter by the way.
Speaker 4: Okay, So but what happened? So you were traveling and someone hit you with their car? What happened they from behind? And what happened? Like what was the next thing you remember?
Speaker 2: So you have to know.
Speaker 1: So in Brussels we have shared EA scudas which he can only stop at certain spots in the city. In front of the Hucks and the hotel I was going to is when you look at the hotel, it's on the right side. So I was driving on the right side. I crossed the street this way and what happened is a car came driving by from the other way and so I was supposed to give priority to the car. But what I learned afterwards is the car hit me with a breaking speed of fifty five kilometers an hour in a thirty zone, which means that he was probably driving at ninety one hundred, which is pretty fast. And also because when I was already conscious and pretty awake, like getting more and more to being me, I was like thinking, impossible that I see a car coming to me at a certain speed and I just stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I and.
Speaker 1: I just freeze, and possibly because I've always had good reflexes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then also.
Speaker 4: The danger coming to you, and that's one of the things that we do.
Speaker 3: We can freeze.
Speaker 2: No no, no, wait, no no. That was the thing I was asking myself.
Speaker 1: I do not have any memories of seeing him come in my way.
Speaker 2: And then also the.
Speaker 1: Expert wrote down in her report that the accident was inevitable, he came driving so fast. And then another fun fact is the driver in itself at the moment then I have his driver's license, it already had been taken away from him. So the moment that he so, the moment that it hit me driving way too fast, it did not even have his driver's license, and so that's where it gets disgusting.
Speaker 2: So what happens is I fall.
Speaker 1: On the front window on the roof, and then the person that found me, which is another long story, found me eleven meters further than a car eleven.
Speaker 2: Meters, so you had been thrown. I had thrown and the things. I wasn't wearing any helmets.
Speaker 1: And what happened is I fell on my head first thing, oh, skull open, suffocating on the spot. Yeah, it was, if I have to believe again, people that found me, it was disgusting to see.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what a blessing they found you? And were you Were you in a ditch? Were you hidden? Is that why it was difficult to find me?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no at all. That's that's another funny, crazy story. So you need to know that my accountant since a couple of years already. So he's on his way to his aunt who lives in the center of Brussels, and he takes a route that he never takes usually mm hmmm, from Afar so and at the same time, his cousin who worked with us as a student back then, was sitting next to him, and from Afar he sees a couple of Cosmede two cars. I think making new terms, few terms. He gets closer, he sees a person laying on the floor on on the on the street, and he's like he's he's looking at like, how come there's a person in danger and these guys are making YouTube.
Speaker 2: So they stop the car.
Speaker 1: They get out of the car, and you need to know that since my sixteen years old, I've been wearing Nike Air Forces white every single day, like I have hairs of them at home.
Speaker 2: They get out of the car.
Speaker 1: They walk closer to the person laying on the floor, and they see the person is wearing Nike air Force White, and so my kind of has like this feel like I know him, I know this person. They get closer, but at the same time I'm gasping for that.
Speaker 2: I'm like I'm dying.
Speaker 1: I'm literally dying on the spot. They get closer, they see spin. He takes me, he takes me into his arms. Paramedics come, and you need to know that when the paramedics left the spot, and again, uh this fast forward. When they left the spot, he asked them and this is a movie kind of thing, like they're there in the back of the the ambulance.
Speaker 2: They look back. He asked them, like, is this guy's gonna make it?
Speaker 1: Like no, no, so at that at that moment, I was already supposed to die.
Speaker 3: Yes, were you conscious at that time? Or this is something they shared with you?
Speaker 2: Now they all shared, They all shared this.
Speaker 4: For me, I think it's incredible, your accountant, it must be pretty interesting to hear the story of why he went that way, right, because I believe in the higher power, and there's no mistakes that he was sent there to save you. But what's so incredible is that you were given a one percent chance to live?
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: To at least live the way I'm talking to right now?
Speaker 1: Like the the percentages were like one of one out of a ten survives these kind of accidents, and then of that one out of a ten, only one out of a ten survives the way I did without any I major damages.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, if you look at me.
Speaker 4: Put open and you But were you in a coma for any amount of time?
Speaker 2: Three weeks?
Speaker 3: Three weeks?
Speaker 4: So you wake up and what happens, like what happened when you came to and do you remember anything when you were in the coma?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Nothing, Unfortunately, apparently that's the thing too, but unfortunately I did not have that opportunity.
Speaker 2: I was just sleeping for three weeks.
Speaker 4: You out, yeah, yeah, you you were recovering right, your brain with your brain, your body were healing.
Speaker 3: So what happened? You awoke and was your wife next to you? What happened?
Speaker 1: The things what I tell people a lot is the coma in itself took three weeks, but it was like five weeks were taken away from you because those first two weeks after me waking up, I was in a bad place, very few memories. I hallucinated a couple of times, and then there was also this This is also a funny story, So you need to know that the day of the accident itself, was supposed to call my best friend, who was back then living in New York about the business I had to call him, which of course then didn't happen. In that first week, when after I woke up, my wife called him on FaceTime. I completely forgot this. He reminded me of it months after. We're already in twenty twenty five, so last year he reminded me of this story, and so when we were calling I looked at him and said, oh, bro, I'm so sorry I didn't call you. But I was a bit busy, so I never realized how bad this situation for me. There was a couple of days that passed while it was three weeks. There's this crazy thing about how the brain works and what the brain.
Speaker 2: Is capable of, and I think that's also what.
Speaker 1: Made me, what made me recover the way I recovered, like the delusional part of not being conscious about how serious this situation because need to know, like after me waking up, I wasn't able to talk, I wasn't able to walk by myself. I wasn't able my wife had to wash me. My wife, I wasn't able to eat. So everything I had.
Speaker 2: To relearn again.
Speaker 1: But for me, it was like, come in a bad place, but let's do this.
Speaker 3: What was it like depending on somebody else for everything?
Speaker 2: The worst that was.
Speaker 1: Now, literally, Marci, literally the worst for someone that has always been not only the fact about being independent, but just being proud of being independent.
Speaker 3: Death.
Speaker 1: I cannot even I could not even go back to the way I was feeling. But I was in a bad place. I was complaining all the time. Everything was too much. I was so.
Speaker 2: Not patient. I was, I was delusional, I was.
Speaker 5: Using excuses and and at the same time, there was super funny situations and we even talked about it, my wife and I a couple of days ago, like when she was washing in the world, a couple of funny things that happened.
Speaker 1: But I can tell you, when you're thirty two years young and your own wife needs to literally with a forcare for shooting your mouth, tying your laces, putting on your shirt, while you have literally built your whole personality.
Speaker 2: On being.
Speaker 1: This, being the guy who is there who takes care of stuff, oh my god, it was. And it took, by the way, a very very long time, because even when I was already in rehab, I was telling my wife all the time, oh my god, I feel so shitty, like I cannot help you. I'm just far away from everything.
Speaker 4: And I think, as a man, right, you are raised and you feel that you have to be the caretaker and to have somebody else caring for you. I'm sure that was difficult, and obviously it was very difficult, and I can only imagine I've never gone through anything like that. Did you or your wife have any support during that time? Like maybe someone outside of the two of you that could help you physically, or did you have any mental support?
Speaker 2: All the time, you cannot do it. And then that's why I never talk about my This has never been my victory.
Speaker 1: This has always been our victory. You cannot do, by the way, this thing called life, especially when you're going through difficult situations. But this thing called life, we're not supposed to do this alone. It's very cliche, like show me your best friends, I'll tell you who you are. But it's a real thing, like when you have people around you that complain all the time, that always see the worst in situations, that never dream, Yeah, you're probably gonna find a way.
Speaker 2: And I always tell this like.
Speaker 1: I was lucky enough that I was already thirty two, and so I had already built life experience.
Speaker 2: I already built a support system around me.
Speaker 1: I was lucky with with the medical self and all that, but I had people around me that even when I was at my lowest, and Mary, I can tell you I was complaining all the time. And I'm, by the way, someone that never complains. I never do that. I'm the most high energy, the most optimistic person. And you can ask around. How will they will tell you? And I was just so bad and they will never And I was and I was missing a part of my skull, like the top of that, I was missing a part of my skull.
Speaker 2: My cervicles were fractured.
Speaker 1: I was in the hospital and I got people around me that weren't afraid to tell me, Hey, this and this isn't you.
Speaker 2: Are you going to keep on complaining? Are you ready to become better?
Speaker 1: Because you need to know that even walking ten meters physically felt like running American? Yeah, and they told me, like ten meters, pleas the twelve, that's the fifteen. No, but now that what I want to So you want to stay here? This is wake up a bit, please on touragi.
Speaker 4: It's everything create change is very hard work, right of course. Yeah, So what did this teach you about humility and trust and receiving help?
Speaker 2: That is a strength.
Speaker 1: Being ask just asking for help, especially as men, because we've been thought social media the past movies that asking for help is the week. Now it's a strength, or at least being open to it. Not necessarily asking.
Speaker 4: For me, but just.
Speaker 2: Be open to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, accept it, accept it. That's a great way to put.
Speaker 2: It right, Yeah, just accept it.
Speaker 4: Well, from this, you have written a book called Everything Feels Impossible Until It's done. Yes, tell us about tell us about your book. What was that like writing your book?
Speaker 2: Oh, I've learned so much by the way.
Speaker 1: I told so many people, like, one thing I would suggest you to do is write a book about your story, not to necessarily publish it, but you'll learn so many things. And for me, it was like when I was in coma still, so many people told my wife, if there's someone that is going to survive this, it's Vincent. And then after me waking up, there were so many people telling me like medical staff, friends, stranger that told me like there but your mindset made the whole difference.
Speaker 2: And I was like, where do these two things come from?
Speaker 1: And then there was a second thing where my Auntie, when I was still in rehab, she told me so many times, you should write a book on all the It was the most difficult period of my whole life, but not the worst. We left so much and she told me so many times like you should write a book about all this. And then it was a thirteen way twenty nineteen. So until twenty nineteen, it was considered physically in power to run a marathon under two hours.
Speaker 2: A human body.
Speaker 1: A human body is not able to run a marathon under two hours. Elliott Kipchoggi comes around, he's already rund comes around and decides to run a marathon. This is not an official a marathon, so it never got registered, but you can look it up. By the way, runs a marathon in one hour fifteen nine minutes. Wow, okay, fifteen nine minutes forty seconds.
Speaker 2: Twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: A couple of months ago, we're twenty twenty six, a couple of months ago. There's a London marathon. Two marathon runners in the same marathon run the marathon under two hours. It always And so this all came together in because the present, the DS were there. I was not supposed to talk to have this conversation with you right now. They were telling my wife, like, start preparing the funeral because your husband it's not gonna make it. Every like, when you're going through something difficult, it always seems it is always the worst.
Speaker 2: Thing in the whole world for you, which is okay, And it.
Speaker 6: Always seems feels impossible to go through and it could be whatever, Okay, I got hit by a car.
Speaker 2: It could be running a marathon under two hours.
Speaker 1: You just went through a divorce, you feel an exam, you try to lose weight, you try to do you try to.
Speaker 2: Earn more money. It always feels im possible until do it. And so the book is for kee. It's just like a means to an end for people to ask themselves the question why not mean? And set up why I mean? Because unfortunately for twenty six we.
Speaker 7: Got so good at victimizing, and it's always something or someone else, and then it's a society, and then it's government, and then it's our friends, our family, our husband, wife.
Speaker 3: Not writing your book.
Speaker 4: So one of the things I was thinking of what thinking it was impossible. I'm almost eleven years sober, and I thought I would never live life without alcohol. I mean, it was what I knew. And then I wrote my memoir and it's so true, Like writing your book, it was one of the most cathartic things for me to ever do, like going back and reliving the story over and over, but in a different way. Uh, the abuse and such that that formed me and you know, took me to coping with.
Speaker 3: Alcohol, right, But.
Speaker 4: It's it's so healing if you approach it in the right way right and then you then you find from that the miracles throughout it, and then how you can turn that around and then help other people.
Speaker 2: Always always bottle.
Speaker 3: Once mm hmm. Yeah. So how are you helping people today?
Speaker 2: Not only today? The only thing I did reacting, I just filter everything.
Speaker 1: I've been helping people since as long as I can remember, which was again, by the way, proven when I was in Coma.
Speaker 2: You, Marcy, you need to know there was crazy things and.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately I wasn't able to live it because I was sleep.
Speaker 2: I was in came But you need to know.
Speaker 1: When I was in ICU, there were lines outside of ICU. Hundreds of people wanted to just visit. My wife had to put up a word document for people meant to register.
Speaker 2: Marcy. It was crazy. There were.
Speaker 1: From all over the world, all over Belgium, people that I did not even know that I just crossed ones wise three times. People from the businesses that we owned, friends, families, strangers, even clients from the business caving like big companies.
Speaker 2: All because you try to.
Speaker 1: Be someone to people around you and you hope that people see you in the same way. And then there's this one thing like what what would you like people to tell about you when you're not there anymore at your funeral? And and it even gives me goose first right now, like my family bought my family, my wife, they bought me books when I was telling coma black books where doctor's therapist, friends, family could write in it. And in the beginning it was sort of like a goodbye word because again the narrative was like, this guy is not going to survive. And the most amazing thing I was able to witness is reading all that while still being in life. These were things people were going to tell about me when I was dead, And I was able to read all that while still be until today and a couple of weeks ago i read it for the last for the last time.
Speaker 2: I still cry. You know what people tell about you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what's beautiful things like? And again it all goes back to the and you can call it whatever. You can call it God, you can call it energy, you can call it luck, you could call it destiny.
Speaker 2: But there was never a plan.
Speaker 1: B Vincent was supposed to survive what was considered impossible.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I wanted to ask you. What is you? What is your spiritual connection today?
Speaker 1: Oh my godness, that's an amazing question, because I had a tough time, because I'm somemo'st I'm super rational, Like I had such a hard time believing or being convinced that there's like a God somewhere out there looking down on October the eleventh and telling him some.
Speaker 2: Today, this guy's gonna say that I had a hard time. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I could not wrap my head around it impossible. And then I was walking through Brussels. This is already more than a year ago. I was walking through Brussels and I was like, Hey, no, a lot but todd life. Hey, maybe God lives through.
Speaker 2: All of us.
Speaker 3: Thank you, that's what I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might lifts through Marcy lives to Vincent.
Speaker 1: And I'm having, by the way, a lot of this conversation with a lot of people nowadays, and I tell them, he already did his work in He already puts you on this earth. He already put thoughts in your head. Information is out there. We live in a society where life is by definition.
Speaker 2: Pretty easy for you.
Speaker 1: It must for you for me, it's pretty easy for a lot of us. It's a bit more difficult, but for us it's pretty easy. What what do you expect when you pray that he pays your rent, that he pays your salary, Like, come on, yeah, I know, come on, Like everything you need is out there. It's not supposed to be easy. It is going to be difficult, and we're going to make a lot of mistakes.
Speaker 2: But you complaining.
Speaker 1: About not getting whatever you want to get while not doing the work, it's gonna one day lead up to regret. Please stop it. He already did this work.
Speaker 4: So with that, what matters to you now that perhaps didn't matter to you before.
Speaker 1: I even posted on it a couple of months ago. It's funny how ambition can change from opening I've always been in hospitality, from opening more restaurants to just being helping.
Speaker 2: I can tell you right now what matters to me is.
Speaker 1: Living as long as I can in the best shape that I can.
Speaker 2: I'm going harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not negotiable anymore, And unconsciously I was already before the accident. But I'm detailed and I went deep into the research on supplementing, on movement and nutrition, on chronic stress. All that I'm going hard I'm trying to prove everyone, first of all myself, but everyone around me. From afar and from very close, you can go a very long way while enjoying life to the fullest. By the way, and this is my ultimate goal, being able to tell myself and I encourage everyone to do. Everyone that is listening, by the way, right now, the last moment on this earth, you being able to stare yourself. Wow, what an amazing life that I have. I did everything I wanted to do, and I said everything I wanted to say. Whatever that looks like right now today, Marci, for you, as for me, might look different than five years ago, and will look different in five years or in ten years and fifteen years. And you just need to be all the time. And that's where it gets tricky, because you need to be honest towards yourself every single moment. And we got so good in twenty twenty six I lying to ourselves and prepening and stop all that, please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. Hi.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you when I stopped lying to myself and lying to others, and life changed tremendously.
Speaker 3: And there's like this weight that just comes.
Speaker 2: Off your shoulders, right yep.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to take just a quick break and share about my new book, wake Up You're Not Broken. Are you in the first thirty days of sobriety or wondering if now is your time to start?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: I'm Marcy Hopkins and I wrote wake Up You're Not Broken just for you.
Speaker 3: It's a real.
Speaker 4: Raw guide to those first thirty days, what no one tells you, what you will feel, and how to keep going. This isn't about perfection, It's about progress. Or to your copy now on Amazon. Remember, You're not alone, You're not broken, You're waking up. Hello all, Welcome back, Vincent. It's just incredible that you are here with us today after what you went through, and you've shared some incredible insights and how things have changed for you. But as you've created these changes in your life, in your life, and one of the things that you've talked about is taking action, right, we have to take action to create the change. So what are some consistent actions that you've taken to help you daily habits that have helped you to change your outlook in life and the trajectory of your life.
Speaker 2: I hope you're ready, Marci.
Speaker 1: First of all, what you just said is literally the most important thing everyone could should realize and should accept.
Speaker 2: Big change is done in the big moments. It's always done.
Speaker 1: And the small daily habits and the small decisions, and it's oh there's a lot, Oh my god, there's a lot. First of all, keep word to yourself you were gonna wake up at seven or six or eight whatever. Second, follow your own happiness, not your parents, not your family, not your friends. And again it always goes back to the you know, let me make it easy. There's these three questions I encourage everyone to ask themselves at the end of every day, not just one, but every day. First did I do everything I had to do and wanted to do today?
Speaker 2: Yes? And no? And why? Two? Am I truly happy? Yes?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And why? And three was that better today than I was yesterday? Yes?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: If you're able to tell me, Because again, there are days life is life. There are days that you'll be less happy. There were days that you were not able to do everything. But if you're able to chase yes, to answer yes to those three questions as much as you can, for as long as you can, I can tell you, Marcy in your life is going to be pretty amazing. Yea, and whatever that, whatever that looks like for you, as for me today, as for everyone that is listening right now, will be different than.
Speaker 2: In five years, ten years.
Speaker 1: And you just need to be conscious about it, intentional about it.
Speaker 2: We need to be like we live.
Speaker 1: Life automatic pilot, every every single one of us. And ask everyone that already flew a plane automatic talot goes for so long you cannot land a planet plane on automatic talent?
Speaker 2: Yes, or we got so good like we Marcy, look at this, we wake up. By the way, Wait where do you live right now? Wait? Wait you are right now.
Speaker 3: I'm in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: New Jersey, of case of New York. Go to Central station. Go to Central Station at eight a m.
Speaker 1: In the morning, and look at people how they're walking around.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm yeah, aimlessly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, automatic talent.
Speaker 1: They woke up in the morning just because they have to do a job for a certain paycheck that is going to afford their lives, start hopefully mm.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, doing the same thing over and over again, right by.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, is good, which, by the way, is good.
Speaker 1: But where it gets funny is you have a lot of people that do a job that they actually hate for a paycheck that doesn't afford the lifestyle they built for themselves, with colleagues.
Speaker 2: That they hate and management that they hate.
Speaker 1: To then complain about that same job too, friends that they do not really like neither, And then we all ask ourselves how come we're burned out in the depression? Come on, please, But when you wake up every single day excited about your day?
Speaker 2: Were you excited about when you woke up this morning? Where you're excited?
Speaker 3: I'm always excited about a new day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, you know, you know, you see you seem like it, but like exactly that whatever it looks like. Again, it might be you going to your job because you really love it, or you're going on vacation and you have something to do, and you just when.
Speaker 2: You wake up every most of your.
Speaker 1: Days excited, and then you go at the end of the day too bad, feeling at peace, like.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 1: Imagine Wait and that, because a year is pretty long. A year is three hundred and sixty five days. Imagine let's let's let's say not every single day, but let's say you do at least three hundred days like this, life all of a sudden becomes.
Speaker 2: Exciting, easier, mm hmm. That's what's been even changed.
Speaker 1: And that is and that is one decision, that is you deciding like, hey, what does Martian like when you're able to look at yourself in a mirror, and you'd be like, what does Martian.
Speaker 2: Really like doing today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean listen, it's it's your mindset and how you think about things and the practices that you incorporate in your day make a huge, huge change in the way you live your life. I mean, I lived as a victim for so very long because of trauma of my childhood, and once I made that decision, it was a very difficult decision, but it was life changing.
Speaker 3: But it was a decision.
Speaker 4: I mean, we have choices every single day and they're not easy.
Speaker 3: These things are not.
Speaker 4: Easy, but there's so right, so rewarding, And that's one of the things that you do. You encourage people to build their lives around their health and their mindset and their relationships and their financial freedom. So if someone out there is feeling overwhelmed, right, we're talking about these things, but.
Speaker 3: Where can they begin? Where can they start with? Which is one small action today?
Speaker 1: I always like to use examples that are easier to understand.
Speaker 2: Look, the World Cup was literally two three months ago.
Speaker 1: Ask any athletes, literally, any athletes worldwide. It could be a football player, rugby player, or soccer player, potato potato athlete, hockey player, why.
Speaker 2: They do what they do? Why you do all this?
Speaker 1: They will all tell you, literally on the spot, what else would I do? I love this for them, It's obvious if you ask the same question to every day people, they will not even be able to start their second thing. And this is probably the most important thing for this question. There is not a single football okay, yeah, football player, a soccer player after the World Cup that got eliminated. World Cup was done for them, lost the final, go for it.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: You can ask any one of them if they're gonna quit their job, meaning stop playing football. Not a single player will tell you why. For them, if you're playing at that level, losing it's part of the game. But for us as regular human beings, losing, falling down is the word that can happen. And by the way, they hate it. That's why they're crying on the field. They hate it.
Speaker 2: But okay, losing is part of the game.
Speaker 1: Roger Federer, by the way, who's considered at least top three tennis player in the whole world. The stats were out a couple of months ago lost I think it was games of points fifty four percent while still being considered one of the best tennis players out there, Like, come on, please, why are we so obsessed or so focused on losing?
Speaker 3: So absolutely, losing is part of our learning.
Speaker 4: That's where we learn the most, and we don't even start in life a lot of times because we're so fearful of losing, of failing. That is where the most important lessons are learned. So Vincent, thank you so much for coming on wake up. If you can just tell us really quick where we can find your book and also your group ui D.
Speaker 1: It's on Amazon and ui D Club is a Dui D club dot com d h e ui D club dot com.
Speaker 4: Thank you all so much for joining today, And remember, if this conversation resonated with you, please like, comment, or share this episode with someone who may need to hear it, someone who is going through a really difficult time but needs to know that they can start over, that it is possible, because sometimes it just takes hearing one story or one conversation like we had today, which shares a message of hope to change the direction of someone's life. And if you are rebuilding your own life, I hope you will also check out my new book, wake Up You're Not Broken, which is available on Amazon. And remember, you don't have to have all the answers. Nobody does. You don't have to even feel ready. You just simply have to take the next step, because everything feels impossible until it's done.
Speaker 3: So thank you so much.
Speaker 4: It's time to wake up to who you are and know that you're not broken. You are just beginning. So this is wake Up with Marcy. Thank you again for being a part of today's show. I will see you next Thursday with an all new show of an incredible week. Bye bye,