Speaker 1: Thank you for choosing to download the Ham Radio two point zero audio podcast RIP. This is the audio taken out of a video or a live stream I did recently. You can catch all my videos on YouTube Ham Radio two point zero and catch us live every Sunday night at seven pm Central Standard Time for a different topic each week. Thank you for the support, and thank you for being a member of the community. And we're just gonna go ahead and go ahead and switch it over here. So thank you for being here tonight. Happy Father's Day to everybody. Thanks for joining us. I was thinking about taking the night off, but as you might have noticed, I did not live stream last week. I was out of town for a family reunion. Now we got home about Sunday afternoon, but I had a couple of things that I could have done, but uh, one of my one of the guests that I had invited was not available that night. I already knew that, and then somebody else was something else. I can't remember what else I had the second thing lined up, and I'm like, you know what, I think I'll skip tonight. We've had a long weekend anyway, and then we'll go live next week on Father's Day. So I appreciate you guys being here with us tonight. Special shout out to all the folks in green text in the chat, the Portable Ham, Jason Lockwood, thanks for being here guys, and Dave k One t XU. We've got a low number ten not very many people watching tonight, and I think part of the reason. Part of the reason might be the fact that I tried to send an email three times with my email service earlier today and it would come up and would say okay, sending, sending, sent, and it said sent to zero subscribers, and I'm like, so that means you didn't send. I had to open a support ticket and I don't think they're open on Sunday, so I didn't get a I didn't get a reply from them yet. But yeah, So usually when I send out an email to the twenty three twenty four thousand people in the list, I'll usually get a pretty good response on the live stream. But hopefully those of you who are on my text messaging list got the email or got the text rather and otherwise you might just get notifications from YouTube. So talk about a couple of things here. Also figured out I think I figured out my issue with obs eating up on my CPU. So we'll talk about that here in a second. I've been doing a lot of work on the website shop dot m Radio two dot com or Great Fine Amateur Radio dot com. It's the same site, adding several different brands to it. I've talked about this on my Father's Day shopping video and I think a Memorial Day shopping video as well as well. We've got the edfong antenna's in stock right now, the dual band PVC dual band roll up, the GMRS versions are all in stock. The two commercial versions are out right now, but I got more of those coming this week. If you go to brands up here you can see all the new brands that I'm starting to carry. I got right in the rain pads on here. I've got I will soon have our finder. Those are coming in next week. So more to come about that. In fact, I'm gonna talk about them tonight. A little bit O Light. I added some new O lights to the site yesterday. I think it was so I'm a I'm an official O light dealer now, so if you have a specific O light you want to see, check, send me an email, hit me up on discord something like that. But gear Aid these hero clips from Gearaid, these are really cool as well. And I'm adding more. I've got two or three other brands I'm trying to work with and add more stuff. So appreciate you guys supporting the channel using that. Oh and the last thing here, So I had that coffee subscription for a while and a lot of the flavor. It has some excellent flavors on that coffee subscription, but it's kind of a duplicate of are people doing coffee in the ham radio world? See there it is right there. Turn that down a little bit. Uh. So I got my own line of coffee now and these are these are this is a Texas company that makes these here in Texas. They do some white label stuff. And I've got three flavors. Bourbon barrel, smart, smoky dark roast, which is this black one here, and then brown sugar and cinnamon and that's kind of my personal favorite.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The bourbon barrel is very good, but the brown sugar and cinnamon's really good too. And I'm not much of a coffee connoisse or some people don't like flavored coffee. This is this This stuff is less flavored more so, it's like how they brew the bean, how they bake the beans, not bake them, you know what I'm talking about. They'll they'll age the beans at a bourbon barrel or in a whiskey barrel or in something else. So it's not really they're not adding flavor to it exactly. You can read more about it on the website and check that out there. But some coffee stuff for you guys there. All right, let's bring on Freddy Mack and uh, there you are, man. What's going on?
Speaker 3: They not much, just trying to paddle my way out of Oklahoma. Yeah, raining a lot up there out apparently so many six inches of rain in sixty days.
Speaker 4: Ouch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not. We've been having a lot of rain, but most of the time it'll rain for like, I don't know, twenty ten, twenty minutes and then not again that day, and then the next day it'll do it again something like that. So we haven't had a near that much.
Speaker 3: But oh well, my computer's been offered for several days now and oh yeah yeah, and it's just like scared to death. Finally turned it back on yesterday and then two o'clock this morning, the thunder came back in, so I ran back, turned it all off again.
Speaker 1: Well, do what you gotta do, man, do what you gotta do. So OBS didn't up to so used to be. So I live stream in ten EIGHTYP as most people do, but I record my videos in four K and OBS used to. And so you have scenes inside of OBS, right, So I have a live streaming scene, I have a shopping video scene, I have a record. I had a couple of different recording scenes. And it used to be when you would change the scene if they didn't match on resolutions. You know, the four K would be like tiny or the ten eighty would be huge, and you know, depending on which scene you had selected, so the resolution would switch inside of OBS. Well, apparently when they did this latest update, I thought that I thought it was finally changing the resolution when you chack because the scene doesn't save the resolution. And I thought, oh, so when I was changing scenes, everything was looking formatted correctly. Okay, they updated the resolution. Well, I looked at my stats. Restream gives you stats after you go live, after you end the live stream, and it came back and it said you're streaming at four K, And I'm like, why am I streaming at four and that was part of the reason. It's not the only reason. That was part of the reason why it was eating up all the CPU. I'm looking at OBS right now, it's at like eleven percent.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, it's way better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on that gigaparts live stream is like fifty to fifty five percent of the CPU the whole time. So yeah, so I guess the I guess for whatever reason, restream and or YouTube doesn't really like to streaming four K, which is okay, yeah, yeah, the the area right there, right yeah, and and and if you live stream, I have to go back and look and see if this is still true. Used to be that YouTube didn't accept four K live streams, Like if you live streaming four K had show up on YouTube as ten ADP, they might have updated that by now you could. You can of course upload four K to YouTube, right, which is what I normally do, But they didn't used to let you live stream to four K, and I don't. I haven't checked recently to see if that's true or not. But live streaming at ten ADP is just fine. I'm just fine with that. So oh boy, much better tonight, much better tonight. So that's what that was, all right, So tonight we are going to talk about DV switch. If you guys don't know what that is, let me switch over here. Okay, if you go to ham Radio two dot com forward slash all Star, you're gonna find a page that looks like this. I updated this to look to point to my new Alman three page instead of my Superman page. Almond three is And as I was saying in I think that was in that private chat you created Freddy with the developer guy.
Speaker 4: What's his name again, Uh, Jory.
Speaker 1: Yes him. So I was like, you know, I would never use Supermont. I would always use allmin if there was a way to reboot the server through all one, which traditionally there's not. And I saw those steps you sent me a week or so ago, and I haven't done that yet, but if there's a way to get around that where you can create a custom script or something, then that's probably what we'll do. But as a general rule, this one and I had that login issue to Superman that we can't can't figure out. I don't know what the deal is, but I can log in here just fine, it works and everything's on there. So if anybody can go here Ham Radio two dot com Forward Slash all Star will bring you to this page and we're going to install tonight a thing called dv switch that will allow you to connect to you download the Does this work on iOS? Yeah?
Speaker 4: For the phone?
Speaker 3: It is only for Android at this time. Okay, that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, all right, Well I'm happy about that, but you know, some people may not be.
Speaker 4: Well I had to go buy one, but you know.
Speaker 1: Oh well, there you go. It works. I'm actually I'm actually gonna put it on my R finder tonight. But I but you can download dv switch and you can put in some parameters and you can connect directly through your four G five G connection to all to this all Star server or any all Star server that has it enabled. So that's what we're going to enable tonight.
Speaker 3: And just saw the buddy's clear there. There is dB switch server, which is what it's on your node, and then uh, you have dv switch Mobile, which is an app for the phone.
Speaker 4: You don't need.
Speaker 3: Dv switch Server to use dv switch Mobile. dB switch server is basically there for binding or i'm sorry, bridging other modes, and it's it's where a lot of people get confused. So it's not necessary to have dB switch server on your node to use your phone to connect to your node with dB switch mobile.
Speaker 1: F YI, if I ever wanted to enable a dm R connection.
Speaker 3: Correct, you could that's what we would use all Star link bridge, or you could do a dm all I'm sorry, an all Star link.
Speaker 4: To a y s F bridge.
Speaker 3: There's our folks that are out there that are doing it with d Star, But to do it right with d Star you've got to buy some oh g some amb their their voice license. Oh oh yes, it's an actual piece of hardware. One for transmitter. Once receiving it incodes, decodes correctly for d.
Speaker 4: Start these there's a little complicated. Uh, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's an older mode.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: It's probably I don't want to dare say it's the first digital voice mode for Ham radio.
Speaker 4: It's the one that's first popularized. In my opinion, I believe.
Speaker 1: It was the first one specifically for Ham.
Speaker 3: Radio, for voice with Ham radio. Yes, and that's the way I took it. And it was very very interesting, things like oh this is cool, and then it's like you got to do all this, and the equipment costs a lot, and so yeah.
Speaker 1: Right to it right away, all right, So we're gonna do it. So this only takes a few minutes. This is going to be really quick.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, so that a deal.
Speaker 1: But the first thing, So, Freddie, when I was at my family reunion last weekend, I was texting you about connecting EchoLink, and I don't know, I'm gonna look here. I don't think anyone's connected via EchoLink right now. In fact, it looks like my connection dropped. Yeah, my connection dropped. Oops, that's not what I meant. So here's the thing. I oh, yeah, that's that's not there anymore. I was out at the lake with my family reunion last weekend and there was a very good, easy to hit repeater with an EchoLink connection. And my question was, how do I connect that EchoLink repeater to my all Star server or how do I log into Allmand and connect to EchoLink from there? And we can't do it via DTMF through Allmond, at least not that I know of. And I could DTMF into the repeater, but and I tried start three four three one three six, it didn't take it because it's not all Star, it's EchoLink, right, So that's what I was trying to figure out when I was talking to you last week weekend. I was like, wait a minute, hold, how how can we make connect an EchoLink repeater to this system that I already have? So what are your thoughts on that? Okay, if you have any at all?
Speaker 3: Well, my uh, well, my my note my hub is down right now, but my repeater, my seventy centimeter repeater and Preston and the link for it is down right now.
Speaker 4: I'm in the process of moving it.
Speaker 3: It has my EchoLink repeater connection to it.
Speaker 4: The KD five FM you dash.
Speaker 1: Are, so this should unless we didn't install.
Speaker 3: It already installed. All you got to do is do a setup file. We got a fill set up file, and then we got to tele a module to load and we'll do a reboot and it'll.
Speaker 1: We did that on the last server, but when we stalled ASL three, we might have forgotten to do that. I can't remember if we did it either. Yeah, because because Richard was telling me that he was having trouble connecting via EchoLink to my system, I don't see anyone connected via EchoLink right now. And quite frankly, I don't remember my echo link number.
Speaker 4: But look up your call sign then I'm on that and.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, h WB it's like five nine zero something something I can't remember. But but if that's not enabled, then we need to enable that as well.
Speaker 4: That's so a big deal.
Speaker 3: If I could type it in right, just like be with bat finger everything k C five h WB search and no, we are not connected, so we need to go to the to putty or whatever s.
Speaker 4: S H client that we use.
Speaker 1: We've got that right in fact, I'm already logged into it. Okay, so I've got that right here.
Speaker 4: So let's so do a.
Speaker 3: Let's do a CD bax CD forward slash c D space forward slash etsy slash asterisk. Let's get into that directory and take a look around and just do a like an l S and let's see what we've got and echo link something in there, Echo link, uh EchoLink dot com file.
Speaker 1: Yes, now we're going nan into that. I'm pretty sure this is a root prompt here. Uh yeah, dollars sign.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh echo link.
Speaker 3: No period in front. That's just to run it in front of your slash you've got.
Speaker 1: Well, that just tells you to go in the same directory, right usually, I guess you could do it this way too. It's unwriteable.
Speaker 4: So now we've got to do a pseudo.
Speaker 1: Let's do a so okay, so let's do that the pseudo nano MANK there we go. Okay, we're good.
Speaker 3: Okay, so bear with me while I make the scream bigger.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, just go right down to the.
Speaker 3: Call and h on that that stand up stands are right there where it says call and go over there. Huh casey five h w B dash R dash are Okay, we can do the password last okay, so we can mask that at the end. So and you just put Jason Johnston right there under name.
Speaker 1: You have to put my last name.
Speaker 4: I don't think you do. I don't think you're just gonna put Jason.
Speaker 3: Okay, q T H put you know somewhere Texas.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what it says on the Superman page because it's in the cloud. So who knows?
Speaker 3: All right now, I think I'm not one hundred percent sure on this.
Speaker 4: I think the email address matters.
Speaker 3: That's associated with your EchoLink account, but we'll find out soon enough.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's my Gmail, so that's fine, Sleeper, that's perfect. Then that's probably what I would have done that anyway. So okay, now now the node number, I.
Speaker 3: Need to look up your node numbers.
Speaker 1: So obviously we did not set this up on the new server.
Speaker 3: No. Yeah, and then just you know, it was an afterthought for me. This is something I don't use that much. I said it and forget it kind of a thing.
Speaker 4: But that's just the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, donn is correct. The dollar sign is the is the root prompt? I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Pound sign is the root prompt? Dollar sign is regular. I'm trying to read and type, read and talk at the same time. Uh w A J E S. I tried that the star three to three and and again. Here here's the problem, Okay, I I was trying to connect from an EchoLink repeater to my all Star system, which is headless radio lists. Okay, so yes, Star three three plus the EchoLink number. If you're on an all Star node, we'll connect you to an EchoLink repeater. I was trying to do it backwards. I was just trying to connect from an EchoLink repeater to my all Star system or go into allmand and do some sort of connection there. I did try Star three. I did try Star three three in the command section of Allmand. That did not work. So yeah, that was that was the confusion there, because I I was like, do Star three three. I was like, look, that's how you connect from all start to EchoLink. I want to do it in the other direction.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm not sure. I just I've never tried an echo link to an all Star.
Speaker 1: And see, maybe there's not a way to do it. Surely there is, but I've never tried it either.
Speaker 3: So unless your all Star node has its EchoLink connection enabled, like we're trying to do right now.
Speaker 1: Well see, and I thought it was, so that was my mistake. I thought it was enabled. That we're going to fix that right now obviously. So yeah, okay, all right, did you find my node number? I can look it up if you need me.
Speaker 3: Tonks website is a little something if you're not logged in, it's a little harder to find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let me see if I can pull that up. Echo link used to be like, uh, I think it's five nine zero something something something I don't remember. It's not on the app, is it? Uh?
Speaker 4: Do you have the app on your phone?
Speaker 1: I do have the app on my phone. Yes, that's how. In fact, I that's how I verified the EchoLink node was actually online in the repeater because I had my HT with me and UH at the at the Lake last weekend, and then I connected to it via echo link and I could talk to myself from the phone to the radio. So yes, settings, let's see.
Speaker 3: Showing me because I'm logged in. We're not logged in yet, so.
Speaker 4: I don't think it does.
Speaker 1: I don't think it. I don't think it shows you there. Let me see. I think it's in my email somewhere. But let's try this. Welcome to EchoLink twenty thirteen. Yeah, sounds about right.
Speaker 4: A few days ago.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, let's just start.
Speaker 4: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: That's online, it's in, it's it's it's in one of the Uh, this is a nuggets kind of show. Thanks a lot, Ken. I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, it.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't be exciting at off. We just jumped in here and said Okay, now it works and leave.
Speaker 1: Here's how you do it. Goodbye. Yeah, you know, we.
Speaker 3: Gotta put some got to put some spice into this.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you what. Echolink's website is nothing but spice. It's because every time I get on here it makes me angry. But it's just if you're not logged in, it's harder to find. If you're logged in, you.
Speaker 4: Can just boom.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, and then it's an email search.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay. Stonewallt yes, your volume went down again, Freddy. I'll try not to talk as loud. He We turned him up before the stream started because I noticed that on the on the slider as well, he was much quieter than Zoom. That's better. Yeah, okay, For whatever reason, Zoom is quieter than I am tonight, which is not normally the case. So I adjusted a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, there is Zoom was trying to auto set my volume and I turned off, so maybe I should have left it on. Yeah, yeah, okay, you see, JK. I'm just trying to get through the big, long, enormous list of call signs. There's thirty pages now on casey five.
Speaker 1: Okay. Nick found it. I think that's right, eight seven five five one two.
Speaker 4: As long as it's the dash R one, we're good.
Speaker 1: So John says there is no DASHAR listed on Echoing. I don't know where he's looking on when he says on echo Link, Randall said it all k k R five E Randall. He said it also as American. Ham says, ask Grock, which is not a bad idea.
Speaker 4: Is there a dash L Randall? Because I have one of.
Speaker 1: Each, I am ninety percent sure that eight seven five five one two is the one we put on my last.
Speaker 4: Okay, sir, we need to change that call sign in the comp file to dash L dash ARE if it's not a we'll see.
Speaker 3: There's three kind of node numbers you can get. Okay, it's your call sign, and that's the one that works with the app. You can get a dash L that works with a simplex link, and then you get a dash R that works on a repeater. That's how echo Link classifies their node numbers.
Speaker 1: If I remember correctly, we set this one up as dash L because this is technically not a repeat right, it's headless.
Speaker 4: We can totally do that. We can totally do that.
Speaker 3: That's not a problem as we got and it won't.
Speaker 4: Connect if it if we don't have it right.
Speaker 1: So John John says dash L, Yes, okay, let's do the let's let's let's assume it's dash L and try that, because that number looks correct to me. So go back up here and hit dash l. Okay, and then then that node number end node number is eight seven five five one two. Okay. Richard will be so happy putting Echo link back on here. So, okay, anything else besides the password.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know if the Latin lawn are required. I always add it in because it tries to map it on Echo links website. But there a spot for your grid square.
Speaker 1: There's lat lawn, frequency, tone, power, and height.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: The lat line is what gives it the grid square on their listing.
Speaker 4: All right, let me And it looks like all of them have.
Speaker 1: One longitude finderm I'm just gonna put Grapevine, Texas yep. In fact that you know what that few was pre populated inside the latlong dot net website. Okay, sweet, all right, So latitude is thirty two dot nine eight six' one, okay and longitude is negative ninety seven dot zero seven eight three six. Nine, okay.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about. Frequency.
Speaker 4: Yeah well let's. See, YEAH i see some that don't have frequency on, here so.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about that tech power. HEIGHT i would just leave those alone and scroll down just a little. Bit let's make. SURE i think that may be the end of what we need to put in.
Speaker 1: Uh gain and.
Speaker 4: Direction oh that's? Good, yeah ok st?
Speaker 3: Node what is that to change that to your your hubs all star node number four three three Six, okay, okay, Scurious so we're good, there AND i believe that is the end of what we have to put in.
Speaker 4: There, yeah, okay CONTROL.
Speaker 3: X i guess to save entered, exits we.
Speaker 1: Don't have the password.
Speaker 4: Entered oh but after you put the password?
Speaker 3: In, NOW i don't want. That how DO i find? THAT i, MEAN i could probably guess what it?
Speaker 4: Is but does that be in your initial?
Speaker 3: EMAIL i, guess, man It's i've memorized mine for so many. YEARS i Think i've had mine since?
Speaker 4: Nine is it a?
Speaker 1: Number is?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: This is it the same password that you used that you used to get into the? App, YES i know WHERE i know where that. Is, okay, yep, yep yep, There, okay Interesting, okay welcome to Echo. Link, ACTUALLY i just found the email that says echoly casey five hbb dash l is eight seven five five one, Zero So i've got.
Speaker 3: That you've got one two in your comp file eight seven five five one, two but you said seven or eight seven five five one zero one.
Speaker 1: ZERO i must have typed that wrong because one zero is what people are saying in the, Chat SO i OBVIOUSLY i typed that. Wrong, okay fix. THAT i just got to find the, email original email with my ORIGINAL i. CAN'T i almost remember, it BUT i, don't but not.
Speaker 4: Really mine's actually pretty, short but, yeah it's it's like five. Digits it's not it's not very. LONG i think that's WHAT i, did was five.
Speaker 1: Digits, WELL i JUST i just gave they'll send you the. Password please make note if you haven't done so, already please you can remind you set it from the tools venue.
Speaker 4: If you.
Speaker 1: Haven't, oh, okay tools. Venues, no that's not.
Speaker 4: Right AND i got to give it to the EchoLink.
Speaker 3: Folks it may not be my favorite, mode but their app is pretty Darn.
Speaker 1: Their app works really. Well, YEAH i do.
Speaker 3: Agree it works really really, well and it.
Speaker 4: Makes it fairly easy to look up others as.
Speaker 3: WELL i used to use it quite a bit BEFORE i discovered All Star. Link and THEN i was really happy that All Star link Accommodated EchoLink on the way that it, does because, MAN i had a Echo link connection at home and it was a it was a complicated All.
Speaker 4: Starlink yeah like. THAT i had a A West MOUNTAIN i see is? It West Mountain radio made the rig the oh, geez rig rig, runner not rig runner something rig expert or. No it was an interface between the radio and the.
Speaker 1: Computer, uh you're not talking about THE i know what you're talking. ABOUT i can't remember the name of.
Speaker 3: IT i got the one that was called NO ptt because they had one that would have a microphone interface into that. Box oh, yeah this one was a little, cheaper SO i got it and it Was, boy IF i had a, memory i'd be one dangerous son of.
Speaker 4: A guy telling, You, Oh, mardie it is what it.
Speaker 1: IS i am not finding that password right.
Speaker 3: Now well i'll tell. You if we don't find, it we can go ahead and save our counk our cump file and load the, module or we got to go into modules dot com.
Speaker 4: And tell that module to.
Speaker 3: Load it won't hurt. Anything it just won't log in until we get that. Pass, yeah and then it'll be a shorter step once once you recover that. Password hem VoIP was set up in such a way that everything worked as soon as you configured the comp. File, yeah but yessnel does it a little bit different and it's just one extra.
Speaker 4: Step so, hey whatever.
Speaker 1: That could link? Password, OKAY i THOUGHT i could find it in my, phone but i'm finding it there. Either all. Right, see All i'm finding now is that dashel.
Speaker 3: Email, yeah and that's Probably, yeah you gotta get both of them validated BECAUSE i KNEW i would be attaching one to a, repeater SO i went, ahead got one and forever to find.
Speaker 1: It put that one. In but we'll. See let's see if that. Works BECAUSE i remember it being a number not a, word and everything i'm finding right now says that it's a.
Speaker 3: Word mine is a letters and a number because it was a password THAT i used for other things at the.
Speaker 1: Time, YEAH i mean that's that's kind of what mine is.
Speaker 4: Too really change?
Speaker 1: It, yeah, okay well let's. Try all, right let's, UH i saved that, file so let's just let's just try it and see if it does its.
Speaker 4: Thing, okay let's let's go to let's do a pseudo.
Speaker 3: Nano modules dot, COM M, o D, U L E.
Speaker 1: S let's what hit enter tab ahead is? Great, okay it, is AND i.
Speaker 4: Can i'm actually getting into the groove of. That now is.
Speaker 3: Time so we're gonna scroll down and find a line that says echo link in. It these are modules that usually begin with load or no load or.
Speaker 4: Required BUT i can't remember exactly where it.
Speaker 3: Is but you're going to find a line that right after load or no load you should say no load and should say something.
Speaker 4: EchoLink and there's quite a few of.
Speaker 1: Them most of these start with app, okay load codec format function where we passed the.
Speaker 3: Ease, well it's probably after let's go back to the. Apps it's somewhere in that line and that first column should have the word echo link.
Speaker 4: Associated in there with.
Speaker 2: It, okay we'll look this up ahead of.
Speaker 4: TIME i find.
Speaker 1: It let's. SEE i see an ech app understore echo simple echo. APPLICATION i don't think that's what we're looking at.
Speaker 4: For that's a. Parrot, yeah, yeah handy little burger.
Speaker 1: Too let's see speech system note, Talk i'm not seeing anything under the app underscore section For. EchoLink let's go TO i could do. It where is?
Speaker 4: Right you know? What you probably can.
Speaker 1: Chan underscore. EchoLink, okay no, load no load to just take off the, no yeah and leave load CONTROL x yes to save entered. Exit, okay done.
Speaker 4: IT a pseudo.
Speaker 3: SPACE A s T R E S DOT S h.
Speaker 1: Asterix. Reset, Okay, Mike mike kick all you guys who have been. Connected, sorry, well and there's an outside chance that we may have to reboot, okay the connection to.
Speaker 3: Work but, meanwhile before we, do we can jump over To echolink's website or get.
Speaker 4: On the app and see if your call sign is showing. Up it'll take it a second or two to register and get in there and do its.
Speaker 1: Thing, yeah where do we look for that on the? Website do you have to have to log?
Speaker 4: IN i guess, Right, no you don't have to log.
Speaker 3: In you can go to the first page and then go TO i can get back to it Because i've been sitting here clicking through all the pages current log ins. Yep and then WHAT i do from there is a CONTROL f and then type in a call.
Speaker 4: Sign, Uh i'm getting.
Speaker 1: One that's my that's my, phone and that's Says. Samsung, yeah and that's.
Speaker 4: The only One i'm showing so. Far so we might get a minute or two if.
Speaker 3: We have it, right you, know and WE i get in trouble for for My linux buddies for rebooting too.
Speaker 4: Much but sometimes it just.
Speaker 1: Works sometimes it. Works.
Speaker 3: YEAH i know My windows user for many years And i've had to.
Speaker 4: Reboot and reboot and, reboot but it's always served me well.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, okay, cool, okay, see so let me.
Speaker 4: Refresh that.
Speaker 1: Makes it?
Speaker 3: Okay showing too now w dash l on eight seven five five and one.
Speaker 4: Zero my, gosh you got it. Right you got a better memory THAN i will ever.
Speaker 1: Have there it, is, okay all, right so we're.
Speaker 4: Good i'll go to uh app or anybody out there.
Speaker 1: That See izzo's. CONNECTED i bet he's using his. Mic which is this? THIS i lost uh shark Ref, YEAH i Lost Wi fi out, Here so that's So i'm not connected right. NOW i was connected a minute, ago but UH i pe. It, well, okay maybe that's.
Speaker 2: It, NO i HAVEN'T kd five F m You.
Speaker 1: No that's not. It, NOPE.
Speaker 4: I heard somebody on, it h did?
Speaker 3: You well hang, on let me turn this other one down to make Sure i'm not getting a false positive. Here So i'm looked in ON dv switch as.
Speaker 1: WELL i don't see you, connected.
Speaker 4: Actually katy five f M u thing one two, Three.
Speaker 1: No you're not connected to, me and it's Not king The oman when you key. Up SO i don't see your your call sign connected to me right? Now it must have HUH.
Speaker 4: K five L. Vt just talk to me over your. Connection, well let me.
Speaker 1: Refut you. Know Sometimes i've noticed that this almond screen will.
Speaker 4: Freeze, yeah, YEAH i. DON'T i don't doubt.
Speaker 1: That come, on you can do. It connection, ZERO i don't, Think so.
Speaker 2: Let's.
Speaker 1: See get back over, there come, on fucking Type, okay all mine's not loading now.
Speaker 3: Eighty five f M u testing one two, THREE i copy you five.
Speaker 1: Nine so you say all minds not, working all mines not not working, Now, yeah it says connections.
Speaker 3: Zero i'm on your almond And i've got a ton of. Connections let's see if mine is coming.
Speaker 4: Through let'll.
Speaker 1: Try, yeah see if you test.
Speaker 3: One to test one? Two, yes seeing me coming through And i'm seeing the other party come THROUGH k two n G X, Okay Tom's, River New, jersey And i'm looking at Your.
Speaker 4: Superman i'm not looking at Your almond.
Speaker 3: Three well that may could be. Ill oh yeah There's paul, okay, Cool, no, yeah there's.
Speaker 1: Several, okay so all mind's not, loading But superman.
Speaker 4: Is, oh we may need to start all on. Three MAYBE i don't.
Speaker 3: Know good, reboot AS i, say usually helps the whole. Thing BUT i tell you what we can do real.
Speaker 1: Quick there's iszo are we, okay so let's not reboot. Yet let's wait until we get to this other thing done and then we can just reboot the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing so so let's.
Speaker 1: All, right let's go back. Back, yep we're.
Speaker 3: There, okay let's do a, uh we're in the right, directory so let's do a pseudo NANO.
Speaker 4: I A x dot CO o N. F, okay all.
Speaker 3: Right so we know our node NUMBER I i'm, sorry our buying ports forty five sixty. Nine that's it's a good thing to make a note. Of so that's easy. Enough so let's scroll. Down we're gonna do here is set up a user. Account so keep, going keep, going you'll see the word zoiper out to the. Side keep going next one right, There see where it SAYS i A x Client, yes braw, yeah change that to your call. Sign leave the brackets at the top of the stanza where ITSUS i A x.
Speaker 1: Client oh you want me To, okay so it says context EQUALS ax, client and we're gonna gonna gonna change the bracket.
Speaker 3: Itself we're gonna leave the brackets, around but we're gonna put your call sign in lowercase.
Speaker 4: There that is the user name for the. Account.
Speaker 3: Okay and then we're gonna go down.
Speaker 4: To secret.
Speaker 3: Secret, yep, okay your, secret your secret, password and put in a password now for right. Now if you want, to you could put something, temporary or you can just this is the last thing we're going to do in this.
Speaker 4: File so if you want to.
Speaker 1: Just, wow let's Just i'll just blank it, out. Okay in, fact AS i was going to say, EARLIER i got. SIDETRACKED i will make this available to, people But i'm not gonna put it out on the Public. Internet so IF i know you or, me you you're in my, discord maybe something like, THAT i. Might i'd be happy to give it to some people who are interested in using it is there a way to do like an access control?
Speaker 3: List, well we can add. Users they'll all have the same, rights but they.
Speaker 1: But then you can remove a user if someone runs a muck or something.
Speaker 3: Gotcha i'm doing a similar thing That i'll explain later off off. Camera but, yes we can add multiple user. Accounts and then you say you give one To frank And frank goes rogue and all start.
Speaker 1: Crazy so so would we just would we just duplicate this?
Speaker 3: Stanza, yes we'll just change the user name and the password and the name IS kd FIVE f or K c five.
Speaker 4: Hwb you just duplicate that whole.
Speaker 1: Stanza just you just copy paste a new stanza and then change the user name and. Password, right that's exactly and put it right beneath the one that's.
Speaker 3: Here that's exactly. Right, Okay, okay you don't mosquito. Stuff so once you got that, said you can saved an exit out of that, file and then we're going to go into pseudo nano extensions dot co N f extensions.
Speaker 4: Plural with THE s on the.
Speaker 3: End this one gets a, Tad, harry But i've got it all memorized so many. Times, okay we're, there so we're gonna scroll down until we find that stanza that's like it SAYS I A x CLIENT.
Speaker 1: I ex client, OKAY i X. Rpt keep going right, there ex Client yeah, yeah it's not it yeah, okay, yeah for whatever, reason it's not green but, okay.
Speaker 3: Right, YEAH i don't know why that. Is but right, there go to that first line where it says extend. Equals uh got a dollar? Sign uh, no you're gonna leave the the. Comma, okay leave that com put your cursor on the. Comma, okay then backspace and take out.
Speaker 1: Everything so you want to take out the parentheses in the.
Speaker 4: Note just get to the dollar sign and take it out as.
Speaker 1: Well take out the dollar, sign, Right, okay we're.
Speaker 4: There underscore.
Speaker 3: Five x's upper case, okay and an exclamation. Point, okay don't ask me what it means other than it's a five digit node.
Speaker 4: Number.
Speaker 1: Okay it's three, one three.
Speaker 3: Six one of The starlink guys gave you this procedure and it just. Works so it just, works, okay, okay all, right the line under that where it says weight, ten change change.
Speaker 4: That ten to just a, one just. One you're taking out all, right all. Right now we're gonna scroll down just all, right not too, far, okay go back up.
Speaker 3: Up uh see where it says down two lines where it says, node.
Speaker 1: Say digits, Yeah i'm. Sorry after say digits it says. Node.
Speaker 3: Yeah just the word. Node we're gonna leave all the. Symbols take out the word, node and we're going to put in upper case e X T E n, okay and then the word node in the next LINE.
Speaker 1: Rpt dollars sign. Node.
Speaker 4: Okay we're gonna do the exact same.
Speaker 3: Thing, okay and then we're gonna go to the end of that line and take out the DASH, p but we're gonna leave the.
Speaker 1: Parentheses so it's got a double parentheses now.
Speaker 3: Yeah AND i don't know why that, is but it.
Speaker 1: Is, well it's got. It uh, well because it's got a it's got a parentheses at the, beginning and it's got one around extend one around call sign and then it's in the. Prince that looks correct to.
Speaker 3: Me, okay that is everything we need to do in that.
Speaker 4: File so control.
Speaker 3: Aps yes to save enter day good and do another pseudo A S.
Speaker 4: T R E s dot S.
Speaker 1: H restart adic link just. Dropped it looks like it looks like the, uh the supermind just blanked out.
Speaker 4: Too probably kicked. Everybody results will vary from this point.
Speaker 3: On i've had it work right away and then other Times i've had to reboot and then it. Works so now we've got to go to The android. Phone, okay let's try this and open up dB switch. Mobile uh allow while using the.
Speaker 1: App while using the.
Speaker 4: App have you ever used this?
Speaker 1: APP i, YEAH i used it at Ham bench like two years, ago back When brad was connected to. Me oh, yeah yeah, yeah and he Had yeah that was the that was the year my node died because the sd MICRO sd card got, corrupted so we were connecting to his dv switch server which was connected to my system at the. Time so, yeah, Okay i've got. It i've got. It opened up.
Speaker 3: Here oh across across the top of the, screen you should see, dialer, status, accounts and config, right, okay hit that, accounts tab.
Speaker 1: Accounts.
Speaker 3: Okay now you probably have some entries that maybe blank or have SOME i have a.
Speaker 1: Lot of blank, ones and THEN i have one down at the bottom that looks like it was it was a.
Speaker 3: Demo oh, yeah leave that one and choose one of the blank ones and just click on it and it should pop to another.
Speaker 1: Screen, okay.
Speaker 3: Yep at the, top the protocol should say ia x two correct, okay and the next line should say host name. Yep and you're gonna put that PUBLIC ip address for your for your hub.
Speaker 1: There, OKAY htgps or just the, numbers just a straight, up straight up by pure. Dress got.
Speaker 3: It and then under port we're gonna go forty five sixty.
Speaker 1: Nine that's already. There.
Speaker 3: Cool the user name is your call in lower case. Okay and then that password that you put in under the password.
Speaker 1: Section, oh let me make SURE i typed that, right it's it's commented. Out are, Masked, yes it is. Masked, okay, done.
Speaker 3: And then CALLER id is your call sign in upper, case AND i think it'll make you do upper case by. Default, okay caller number you can leave blank and then go to node in four, three, one three six. Okay now phone MODE ix two connection should be checked, yes and then under that it's used public authentication is unchecked, yes autoload node is.
Speaker 4: Unchecked.
Speaker 3: Yes then you have a transmit and received levels they're probably pretty. High you're gonna want to transmit.
Speaker 1: Way, down transmits about two thirds up and receives all the way.
Speaker 3: Up, okay receives up to. You because that's what you're going to. Hear of, course the level is going to be your microphone, game, right, okay usually about a fourth of the way. Four okay about something LIKE i don't even know if you can see. That it's washing out a little, bit but trust. Me, Okay so codec types should be server. Selected, uh yes it. Is and then hit save, okay and then the back button until you get back to this.
Speaker 1: Screen, Yep i'm.
Speaker 4: There do you see your node? Number?
Speaker 1: Yeah fourth Window, yeah four three one three six is populated in the space up.
Speaker 3: There, cool and it's got probably some color behind.
Speaker 1: It, yeah, yeah it's green on my. Screen but, yep so let me get right.
Speaker 4: Here, Wow, fred you should have been ready sitting here. TALKING i wanted to follow. ALONG i think that's.
Speaker 1: It that's all, right.
Speaker 4: There we. Go then hit the connect. Button.
Speaker 3: Okay now on the, screen you may or may not have A ptt. Button my phone has a built IN ptt button that you should have one on the.
Speaker 4: SCREEN i do have one on the.
Speaker 3: Screen, yes press a hole and use it like a RADIO i was.
Speaker 1: Looking For oh, THERE i am right. There, OKAY i was looking for.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Connected it Says i'm connected via.
Speaker 4: EchoLink, yeah that is a default.
Speaker 3: SETTING i know a way to change, that OR i have no there is a way to change.
Speaker 4: IT i don't know the procedure, yet a friend.
Speaker 1: Of all, right UH K c FIVE h t W b testing from The android device one two, THREE.
Speaker 4: I am no longer connected to.
Speaker 1: You, okay good now you like, that? Benness, yeah let me know how the audio, sounds if it's too high or, not Because i'm going and just the, audio all, RIGHT k two n G. X thank you for the. Check let me know if that audio is too low or too hot or. Whatever i've only got it up about a quarter twenty five percent and you can probably count it up tift a little. Bit mm hmm, OKAY i. WILL i will tinker with that. Later thanks for the thanks for coming, back thanks for watching the live stream as. Well and that's.
Speaker 4: It here's a.
Speaker 1: Neat little uh, yeah he's on there a.
Speaker 3: Lot would you, say, Uh, Freddy, okay you've got your little keypad here on the. Screen uh huh. Uh i'll tell you what do you? Know of a you Know kyle's noon, number.
Speaker 1: The one that uh the one that's on the screen here he's connected to.
Speaker 3: Me oh, WELL i was just gonna, say you can use that like you do dt M. F so a star three okay two four six two would hook you up to The Puget sound repeater group In. Seattle but you do star three two four six two and then hit let's see start and then hit.
Speaker 1: Send now WOULD i be able to connect to an echo link node by doing that from this?
Speaker 3: Keypad, yes IF i knew the right dialing, pattern it's uh st start star three to three three. Three but all the, digits, know have to be a certain amount of. Digits that's WHERE i always get hung. Up, Somebody, oh that will help.
Speaker 1: Us out With see that that echo link node out at the lake last weekend was only a four digit node, Number SO i assume he got in. Early he's just probably been around a long long, time, right because my mine's obviously six.
Speaker 3: Digits, well if his is that, low then we just fill the gap with zeros before. It so it's a star three to, three so many zeros and then his node, number.
Speaker 1: So the zero's go in front of the.
Speaker 3: Number, right, okay but the whole thing has to equal certain amount of. Digits and that's WHERE i always get confused BECAUSE i never.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: But thatmpad right there is a handy little thing to.
Speaker 4: HAVE i connect to my home note a.
Speaker 1: Lot uh.
Speaker 4: HUH i have a.
Speaker 3: Walky handy and route a star three five five five five three to go to the echo parrot node and you, know test my connection. Whatever, Sure so if you hit the more button right, there more, okay and then find audio set up, yep then you can just your.
Speaker 4: Transmit you can just the transplant right.
Speaker 1: There, BOOM i turn it up just to. Touch. Okay.
Speaker 4: Good so it's a nifty little thing to.
Speaker 3: Have now in the account, section this is just a little uh little tip pro, TIP i guess you'd call. It if you go back to the account section to scroll all the way down where it says auto load node and check that the next time you open the app and select that that account and you go back to the home, screen it will automatically. Connect so NOW i use it If i'm traveling a. Lot so IF i go between cell towers or something like that and it drops the connection whenever it gets it back it connects right back.
Speaker 1: In, okay tell ME i WAS i was paying attention to something. Else where's The that's, Okay.
Speaker 3: So just go back to your account's tab accounts.
Speaker 1: Tab, okay that that was the PART i. Missed, okay and click on that.
Speaker 4: One, yeah find your connection that you're connected, to and.
Speaker 1: Then scroll down auto load node, okay.
Speaker 3: Lode, yeah that is any little. Thing you can only do, THAT i think to one count. Setting If i'm not, mistaken AND i could.
Speaker 4: Be, yeah see how to automatically. Connected so if you're, traveling you know you're radio for that.
Speaker 3: Node you lose a cellular internet once, back it's you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Hear it'll auto. Connect. Okay now does this run in the. BACKGROUND i believe it.
Speaker 3: Does this phone doesn't have service To Wi fi own, okay all, right but Even bill one.
Speaker 1: Of these, days So i'm going To i'm still connected according to, this so just lock the.
Speaker 4: Phone let's see what.
Speaker 1: Happened mm hmm, okay now the phone's, locked.
Speaker 4: And See kyle in. There, yep you're still in. There.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now for some, reason on the mode On superman and the far right column, mode everyone says, transceived BUT i say local, monitor.
Speaker 3: And that's technically what it, is because you're doing an I ax.
Speaker 4: Connection, Yeah i'm the only.
Speaker 1: One i'm the only one connected right now via via via that mode VIA dv. Switch, OKAY i got it, RIGHT i got it. Right, Okay well key up and say. Something i'm gonna see if It, yeah there you. Go, okay the phone is. Locked here there you go read read my? Mind all, Right, well thank you very. Much case Seven bola appreciate.
Speaker 4: That go back your home. Screen one more thing to show you.
Speaker 1: On the. Phone on the, phone, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 4: There they hit the status.
Speaker 3: Tab, okay, yep that are all the nodes that are connected to your.
Speaker 4: Isn't that a nifty piece Of.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty. Cool.
Speaker 4: Okay it didn't do this under Ham void.
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 4: What it didn't do this under Ham voyd for some, reason of.
Speaker 1: Course this is something that is, Okay, Okay this.
Speaker 4: Newer version gives you more.
Speaker 3: Info and right at the, TOP i see a hope Whole alabama station five seven to two zero.
Speaker 4: TWO i wonder who that could?
Speaker 1: Be Gem, oh, well see on my screen it says five seven two oh two and it says no information not. Found oh and some of them say private. Note, well some of them say private. Node some of them. Said this one Says San. Diego IF i scroll down to the, bottom then it's, well the people that connect via, EchoLink it's showing their call sign on the left column instead of a node, number LIKE i see K r five EE w one f Y g EIGHT CTC kd five FM. U so but, yeah might not show See i'm. NOT i see locations on some of, them but not all of.
Speaker 4: Them, well we'll have to investigate. Why, yeah that's the guy to ask.
Speaker 1: Too, okay in FOR, irs WHEN i uh, yeah when WHEN i first pulled this, up it said do you want to enable this? App SO i enabled. It it's possible this app needs an update because Because android had put it in the. Background uh and you, know disabled it for whatever. REASON i haven't used it a long, time so, okay, Good well that's a little. Too, yeah it's a nifty little device to.
Speaker 4: HAVE i.
Speaker 3: Have, WELL i have a few, notes but IF i want to monitor one on a radio and got internet in the, TRUCK i can just turn this.
Speaker 4: One on and it's like another.
Speaker 1: Radio, yeah, yeah. Totally. Yeah, well and it you, know like you, said if if you're if you're out of, range if you're at an event and you're not Because i've got a note in my. Truck but If i'm not near my truck or, WHATEVER i can pop in, fact somebody hit me up The. Arthur he sent me a uh he sent me A discord message last night and, said somebody's got your node, locker your system locked. Up some guy had sat on his key or. SOMETHING i don't, know But i'm, like, OKAY i went in there and kicked. Him no big, deal BUT i need to MAKE i THINK i need to make an admin account for you so that you can do that because you've hit me up a couple of. Times, hey, whatever whatever's, happening, RIGHT i was, like, okay that's.
Speaker 3: Cool it seemed like we had an issue at Ham bench where somebody WAS i think they had a problem with their, note and it was right in every two seconds it was keying.
Speaker 4: Up the wholember.
Speaker 3: That, yeah people Haven't that's why we have smoke control our our.
Speaker 1: Note exactly, Exactly, yeah yeah. Exactly and you know this is a monumental event for you AND.
Speaker 4: I we did one. Take this did not take three. Episode, yeah it wouldn't take and it's.
Speaker 1: Done, wow that's, right that's, right, yeah, yeah, Yeah well the question still, remains, though how do you connect to an echo link? Repeater? Now? Maybe? NOW i tried it last weekend from all my Three in, fact you know, what if my allmond page is still not, WORKING i THINK i will just reboot it just for the hell of.
Speaker 3: It probably wouldn't be a bad idea since we made those.
Speaker 1: Changes, right, yeah all month's still oh there it. Goes, no allmand's loading, now, well Maybe i'll just not kick the. Bear is this? Working? So BUT i tried to Do you, know if you go up here and you go, say what's the execute? Command this one right, here so you can choose a connect command connect disconnect monitor local, monitor disconnect. ALL i tried this connect command AND i typed in star three to three and then the node, number and THEN i just typed the node, number WHICH i remember the node. Number it's five nine zero. Zero that was the EchoLink node.
Speaker 4: Number it needs.
Speaker 3: To interpret it AS dtmf, though when you when you're entering in that particular. Spot now we can add, this you, KNOW i don't know if you want to do it on another live stream or. Not and you know HOW i was telling you to add those reboot. Commands, yes you can also ADD dtmf commands as.
Speaker 4: Well, okay but they're like.
Speaker 1: Presets, okay, yeah well see and this one right here says execute this this the last icon appear as a cute system command.
Speaker 3: That that may be it actually and away with.
Speaker 1: That, yeah AND i tried a couple OF i tried a couple of these custom command you, Know star three to, three AND i could not get it to. Connect now, again apparently my EchoLink was not enabled on the, system so that could have been. Why but but the thing, IS i would like to know If i'm. Traveling here's WHAT i like to do until someone tells me to. Stop When i'm traveling And i'm gonna stay somewhere for a night or, TWO i usually try to find a repeater All star. Preferably but if there's not An All star, repeater then an EchoLink repeater and connected in my system While i'm, there you, know not permanent connection. Obviously and if someone comes on and, says oh, no we're using the, repeater, okay no, problem let me disconnect. It you, know but you're advertising your note out there And i'm going to connect to it and if you tell me not, to, Okay but you can make it private if you really don't want people to connect to. It but but that's WHAT i try to like TO i like to try to do. That and last week had that echo repeater very close by with excellent, coverage AND, i, yeah for the life of, ME i couldn't figure out how to connect almand to EchoLink or TO dtmf An EchoLink repeater back into an All star.
Speaker 3: Server so, well now you can do an echo link To EchoLink.
Speaker 4: Connection and if you're doing, that, hey There's. Bill There's.
Speaker 1: Bill, yeah he just popped into the.
Speaker 3: Chat if you know your node number back at your hub and do An EchoLink, connection it should.
Speaker 4: Work so, Connected.
Speaker 1: So how would you do?
Speaker 3: That? Then, WELL i can't remember a Lot i've connected to EchoLink from. EchoLink but if you used your, app Your EchoLink, app, yes do a search for K c FIVE hwb DASH l and connect to.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: Now but you're trying to connect through a local, repeater, right there's a series of dtmfs to.
Speaker 4: CUT i just have to look it.
Speaker 1: Up you'd have to look it. Up, Okay i'm, sorry go. Ahead that'd be useful information to, Have.
Speaker 3: Yes do it it just especially if you're traveling and you need right way to. Connect correct exactly from the all star link node to an echo link. Node it's a seven digit, number a star three, one, two, three four six. Seven ye, know the star doesn't count as a. Digit you do a star three and then the node. Number but if it's like a four digit, number you've got to have two zero's in front of.
Speaker 1: It gotcha be fixed with a, three, yeah.
Speaker 4: With leading zeros on.
Speaker 3: It and now this is according to Uh GOOGLE'S, ai which get me, Wrong they're right.
Speaker 1: A lot about all, yeah, yes especially.
Speaker 3: Asterisk, yeah so that's that's SOMETHING i need to sit and. Test it has been a minute, Now i'm don't get me. Wrong i'm Glad i've got an echo link connection on my nodes and my. Repeater, yeah get a lot of connections from. Them and there are some separate settings in the rpt dot com file to adjust the game For echo link connections because they tended to be.
Speaker 4: A little bit. Overdriven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah it's always good to get somebody connected and just adjust those settings.
Speaker 1: Accordingly bill's talking with THIS k TWO n and G x guy right, now and they will sound fine on the. Phone, now IF i was took connect via my truck node AND uh monitor on a, radio maybe it maybe it sound, good maybe it. WOULDN'T i don't, know but well it will.
Speaker 4: Be a little. Different you'll definitely be able to tell the.
Speaker 3: Difference, yeah a lot of the default settings are, close but some people tend to be a little loud and close to the, mind you, know and it overdrives and you just got to adjust them right right all you can.
Speaker 1: Do, yep cool, man this was uh, yeah, yeah this was for a change. Easy SO i love.
Speaker 4: It, YEAH i finally did something that.
Speaker 3: Works Doc, Brown yeah those, words, DUDE i.
Speaker 1: LIVE i know.
Speaker 4: It, YEAH i fail more THAN i, Succeed but WHEN i, succeed it's.
Speaker 1: Sweet, yep, YEP i hear.
Speaker 4: You oh, yeah it's just the way it. Is It's ham, radio, man It's ham.
Speaker 1: Radio that's for. Sure we are so they are so our finder is coming. Back and the REASON i bring this up now is you, know they've always had two meter for forty AND uh analog AND dmr from the radio and he's he got THAT DMR rop thing. Working last year to connect To brandmeister and it still works pretty. Good they were having, it they they have. It they once had a connection to t g if it's not there, anymore So i'm not sure what the status on that. Is but they're doing something with the Droid star, guys and the Droid star guys are gonna load it's basically going to become.
Speaker 4: A.
Speaker 1: Mic, yeah it's gonna have it's going to have AN ip connection to d star YSF i think p twenty, Five i'm not sure in. P twenty, five but it's gonna have an I ax connection, also SO i will be able to iax this phone from directly from this phone into My All star, system just the WAY i. CAN i can do this now on THE. Mic of, course you have to have An internet Connection WiFi or. Whatever this THE mic is Wi fi. Only it does not take A sim. Card you can put A sim card in this or use it be A WiFi however you want to do. It but that's gonna be, cool so.
Speaker 4: It will be really cool. Shortly i'm, sorry go, ahead, no, no go.
Speaker 3: Ahead they've got a Droid star app for iPhones, now you. Know they had it for a while and then it went out of, circulation but some median guys brought it back and it.
Speaker 4: Worked. Good, right it.
Speaker 1: Looks, yeah so good. Good well this this this radio here is always had TWO ptt buttons for future. Expansion so the TOP ptt is for the built in internal radio that actually transmits OUR f part ninety full open transmit on two meters and four. Forty, okay that's what that's. For and then you can kind of assign. That some guys will assign this button To zelo or they'll do something like.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Yep but this bottom button will be interfaced with the new DROIDST i don't know if they're going to call it Droid, star but that's who they're working. With this Is droystar. Guys there's there's a thing On GitHub about. It so this will be interface to. That so we can go in there and SAY i want to connect via TO ysf to this room OR i want to connect VIA I x to this EchoLink or all star note and then you would and then once you, connect you will use this bottom button here as THE ptt TO ptt OVER.
Speaker 3: Ip you can ALSO dom seventeen through Droid.
Speaker 4: Star, dyes y, yeah you do this and it all.
Speaker 1: Works, yeah, yeah, yep, yep, yep it's.
Speaker 3: Great all modes right there in your hand are most MODES i should. Say, yeah no side, hey we'll get.
Speaker 1: There no, yeah no Sideban yeah, yeah all VHF uhf.
Speaker 4: Modes how's, That i'll tell, You i'll take. It.
Speaker 1: Yeah but that's PRETTY i mean the fact when they did this thing to connect TO iax because All star is people, say, well All stars digital, Too, okay, sure All stars, digital but it's analog. Voice, yes you use an analog radio to connect to an All star Or EchoLink repeater and or. Node you don't have to have in order to connect to a D star. Repeater you have to have a D star RADIO dmr, REPEATER dmr. Radio there's cross connect stuff LIKE wpsd and Pie. Star, sure But i'm talking about connecting to an actual repeater unless they have a cross mode, repeater which you can do that. Too but when they ADDED iax to this for analog, voice and THEN i was able to JUST i, mean it took me a minute to set it, up well maybe five minutes to set it up and connect it to my All star, system and it works When i'm on the. Road my dad AND i went fishing On Lake tawaukne earlier this, week tore up some sand bass and some hybrid, stripers AND i was out there with my hot spot and this thing monitoring my EchoLink or my my All star node sweet just BECAUSE i.
Speaker 4: COULD i was out on the water and and it was. Working so, yeah it's pretty. Cool so fed a few people with those over my node and the audio is. Great, no the audio is really.
Speaker 1: Good i've been. Yeah, Yeah and they recently came out with new firmware where you can you can set this up as a. Node so WHAT i think that means is THAT i can assign a, NOTE i can go into all star link dot, org create a new node, number assign that node number to, this and then you can connect to this node and we can.
Speaker 4: Talk SO i guarantee you that's the.
Speaker 1: Case, yeah, yeah that's that's HOW i. UNDERSTAND i haven't done that, yet but that's HOW i. Understand it'd be.
Speaker 4: Surprised, yes, yeah you can do.
Speaker 3: That also with the dB switch mobile, app you can set up one of those accounts to be its own all Star link node number and it registers with All starlink direct instead of your local.
Speaker 4: Node it's one.
Speaker 3: Option seems like it's a little slower to.
Speaker 1: Me it's an, option so so people would essentially connect to the node number on your on your.
Speaker 3: Phone, well if you want to connect to other, people you'd have to it would go through all Star links registration server and then out to.
Speaker 4: Them, yeah And i'm not.
Speaker 3: Sure i'm pretty sure the incoming would work the same. Way, okay but it's not the way we're doing it right now with your. Hub it's just like that account is its very own separate.
Speaker 1: Right so, yeah when they will and when they, said when they said that you could create that and add as a, node And i'm, like, okay how does how DOES dns fording? Work because there's a lot of times where you, can't especially if you're on, starlink you can't connect to someone that's behind a double knotted firewall or behind a certain firewall or. Something SO i Don't so it's going to depend ON i assume it's going to depend on where you have this thing connected.
Speaker 3: Well and the I ax registration that it's. Using and there's a there's a method you can change it in your in your in your your hub or your All star note at. Home it uses what they call AN http registration right, now so when it goes out over The, internet it's dependent upon THE ip. Address so If i'm USING T mobile OR at AND, t once it hits THEIR dns, server it changes your, email your YOUR ip, address and then when All star links registration service, like, hey that's not the RIGHT ip, address we're not. Connecting so if we change that back to a traditional IA x registration Like handboid, did which is.
Speaker 4: Very doable And i'm fixing. It do a video on. That as a matter of. Fact. Good you can use your All star.
Speaker 3: Link mobile with A T mobile OR at AND t because for some, Reason verizon just lets you connect right.
Speaker 1: Up d you mean dv switch, Mobile no.
Speaker 3: H if you have a you have a mobile All star node like yours in your, Truck, yeah, okay that yours is On. Verizon you don't have any problems connecting. Outbound. NO i couldn't connect outbound FROM T mobile or OR at.
Speaker 4: AND, T and you couldn't connect outbound, no really through The echo.
Speaker 3: Node The parrot node was the only, one but his is kind of. Open BUT i couldn't connect to anything, else SO i got to hold of Remember jason and AD i he joined the live stream which got fixed on THE.
Speaker 4: Sto, yes, anyway he's, like, oh here's the instructions for.
Speaker 3: That you, know they wanted to go primarily TO http, registrations but for this very reason they can't yet because they still have each with CARRIERS dns service changing YOUR ip, adress changing YOUR.
Speaker 1: Ip, Address, well that's, Odd, yeah. Totally i've never Had i've never had trouble connecting outbound from my mobile node And i've USED at AND. T although it's been a. While, yes it's been a. While and every now and Then i'll be driving a long AND i will hear someone connect to me AND i. AM i haven't set up ANY dns forting on my, mobile uh my mobile FOUR g radio in the, Truck YEAH i. Haven't i've got That MOTOROLA vlm in the truck which takes a FOUR G sim card From. Verizon it will take one FROM i think it will take one FROM T, mobile maybe A t tenter, remember but then it's got probably and but then it's got the it's got the shark fin. Inintenda you put it on top of the. Truck oh, yeah it's like a cradle point. Right, yeah it's kind of like a cradle very. Strong, yes, well this one's not as strong AS i think it should, be but it. WORKS i COULD i could tell a difference between running a hot spot inside the truck and WHEN i first installed this one with the antenna on the. OUTSIDE i could tell a. Difference but it still seems to drop connection a. Lot and in, FACT i was asking you about that the other. Day is there a way to get my mobile hot spot in the? TRUCK i connect it to my server When i'm driving down the road one on a road, Trip it'll drop connection and it'll never tell ME i need.
Speaker 4: A watch dog version right.
Speaker 1: Function so, yeah because the open spot will tell you IF i have MY i this is a. Mic, OBVIOUSLY i have an open spot three in the, truck and if IF i have it connected to A ysf, reflector which is usually WHERE i keep, it And i'll just get into a bad internet place AND i just lose All. Internet i'll look at my tablet that's Running google and it'll have AN x through The Wi fi. Symbol the open spot will drop and it'll say open Spot internet, unreachable and it'll keep trying until it gets a connection again and it'll reconnect. Itself the All star node, says, oh we're gonna. Disconnect we're not gonna tell. You screw. YOU i mean try, again, yeah and then you and then you can chunk it and you get the courtesy toad that says, Nope i'm not, connected and it never tells you. Anything So i'm LIKE, asl ESPECIALLY asl, three they need something in there that, says, oh, hey by the, way we just, disconnected or has like an auto reconnect or.
Speaker 4: Something.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes so it's be a ping watch dog kind of a, situation something like, that you, know just the person to hit.
Speaker 4: Up And i'm glad you said that BECAUSE i totally forgot about.
Speaker 3: It, yeah, okay too much on the, list but that's going to the.
Speaker 1: Top, yeah it'd be. GOOD i know that they have a permanent you could do a permanent connection Like star seventy three or something like. THAT i haven't tried that, YET i keep, well, yeah but but it would be nice to hear no blah blah disconnected And i'm, like, oh, Okay i'm in a bad. Area you, know even a nice little tone like, yeah something like.
Speaker 3: That, yeah you, know Because thursday's video that's coming out is all about how to turn off those notifications for the voice.
Speaker 4: Connect you, know WHEN i connect up to a.
Speaker 3: To a hub that's having like Every saturday, MORNING i connect up to The Delaware Valley Oh mike net and If i've got that turned, on that telemetry turned, On i'll hear other nodes connecting to that hub and the.
Speaker 4: ANNOUNCEMENT i don't need to hear all.
Speaker 1: This, No So thursday's.
Speaker 4: Video coming, out we'll tell you how to turn that, right.
Speaker 1: Yep, Lee not very, much, MAN I i've Never actually he's asking how big of a data plan DO i need to? Do All star in the?
Speaker 4: Truck, negligible not very.
Speaker 1: Much here's Something i'm working on Is i've got The verizon, connection which is an unlimited data, plan BUT i have A i picked up A i've got The Starlink mini dish now and it's on the fifty dollars a month for fifty gig. Plan AND i picked up A i think from the mounting company that is an enclosure to mount the dish. In and then this it's hard to explain, Really so there's it's a two piece. Mount so one of them bolts to your roof, rack and the other and the other one where the dish mounts kind of snaps into, it and then it's got a it's got a part at the top where you can put a padlock so you can't take it. Apart and then if you want, to if you get destinated to your, campsite you're gonna be there a couple of. Days you can take it. Off take it off the truck real. Easily it just snaps right off and you set it up at the. Campsite they're really. EXPENSIVE i paid more for the mount THAN i did for the, dish but BUT i want to put that on the roof, rack AND i want to do like a month long. Test i'm gonna start on LIKE i think My All Star billion cycle starts on the tenth of the, month So i'm gonna do, Like, okay we're starting at fifty. Gigs i'm gonna Run All. STAR i want to. Run i've got a New, iGATE i Gate. Mini he sent me one of Those iGATE, mini SO i got a New iGATE for the, truck AND i want to. Run i'll probably keep my open spot running FOR ysf AND i want to leave everything connected for a month and see how, much because All star will tell. YOU i haven't figured out quite how To The verizon CONNECTION i have is actually not. Mine it's somebody else's that they gave it to, me SO i can't really go in and there and monitor. It but with the with the starlink, GAP i THINK i said All, star with the starlink, gap you can go in there and see exactly how much data you're. Using so when my, starlinks, yeah my starlink, sets so resets on the tenth of the. Month i'm gonna, say, okay we're gonna do a daily, video like every every day this, month or you, know if it gets to be where it's, like OH i used to kill abides, DAY i was, like, okay we're gonna wait five days. Now, yeah but it's gonna be a cool test to see how. Much but it's just. DATA i mean, here it's just. Voice you're not sending, pictures you're not streaming. VIDEO i have a.
Speaker 3: Mobile i've got this LITTLE t, mobile uh Hot. Spot it's a thirty gig a, month uh. Simcard it's just data and NOW i have used it for other, things but it's a thirty gig Limit i've hit that limit, twice but that's usually When i'm trying to upload videos and whatnot as. Well, YEAH i haven't just used it, primarily But i've had it almost a year And i've yeah maxed out twice and that was with computer, use not just strict all star.
Speaker 4: Use, right pull a whole heck of a. Lot, yeah bandwidth is very negligible when it comes right.
Speaker 1: Voice, yeah for, voice it's a very very small little. Bandwidth you don't need, Much.
Speaker 4: So it's. Andy i'll tell you what the best thing about. THIS i got.
Speaker 3: It it was a fifteen dollars a month deal THROUGH T, mobile AND i, thought, HEY i just went down and got THE sim card BECAUSE i bought this off Of eBay for like fifteen. Bucks, yeah that really last a good long. Time so they send me an email, said, hey if you do automatic, withdrawal we'll cut, well not five dollars a month off of.
Speaker 4: That, shoot, YEAH i take easy a month for ten. Bucks heck, yeah, yeah all day. Long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah a good deal for those folks out. There and as a matter of, FACT i got a second one the other day for run a camera, somewhere so the deal is still.
Speaker 4: On if you want to hit up your LOCAL t mobile.
Speaker 1: Dealer so, ah, okay, okay good. Deal YEAH i might, yeah send that over to. ME i might. Try Will i've Been i've been wanting to. Get, uh there was Something i'm. OH i was going to put A T MOBILE sim card in this, thing because this will work on all. Carriers it'll work on he really Likes Mint, mobile he Suggests Mint. Mobile But Mint mobiles just. On it's just on the piggyback OF t. Mobiles aw it.
Speaker 3: Is, yeah they're mining A t mobile or wherever you, know whatever you have it, is but this is it'll work On Pure, talk it'll work On Patriot, Mobile it'll work on all the three big. Carriers so so, yeah so thirty gigs a. Month, yeah send me. That I'LL i might go buy A sim card for THE R. Finder that'd be. FUN i had it in this for a while and it worked for the data portion and it worked With Navy.
Speaker 4: Switch BUT i needed a hot, spot SO i took it out.
Speaker 3: Here, yeah put it in a hot spot BECAUSE i needed to run my computer off of it as.
Speaker 4: Well that didn't give me that.
Speaker 3: Ability but, yeah, hey all, right it's a handy little.
Speaker 4: Thing to.
Speaker 3: Have AND i tell you, WHAT T mobile, service their coverage, area especially In oklahoma used to be just horrible and it is great.
Speaker 1: Now years AGO i HAD T, mobile and one of the main REASONS i switched away from it is because at the, time this was probably fifteen years. Ago at the, time my hunting lease no. Way you were dead in the water out, there NO T mobile up there. Whatsoever And i'm, like, WELL i can't do, this, Man so, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah nobody else there has a, license but or didn't at the. Time now my Buddy jake there. Does but Still i'm, like, like, DUDE i can't call my. WIFE i can't send her a. TEXT i. CAN'T i, Mean i'm dead in the water up. Here SO i switched TO at AND. T had been ON at AND t ever since, then AND at AND t is great In. Texas But i'd be interested to see IF T mobile has expanded coverage up, there because that was a long.
Speaker 3: Time, yeah they've they've. Added we had a tower in our county that it was LIKE Us, cellular and they had a disagreement with the landowner and they he kicked him. Off so he sold the service a tower rent over To sprint and then what six months later he ALLOWED T mobile to build a tower right next to, him and THEN T mobile Bought. Sprint oh, MY i don't know they're still using both or. What but the coverage around here they put a team the FIVE g tower five blocks from my.
Speaker 1: House.
Speaker 3: Great, NOW i used to use THEIR T mobile home, internet but they don't let you throw your firewall through Their Team. Mobile oh yeah that c nats and, YEAH i could probably do it now with tail scale or. Something BUT i went back to my cable provider and got got some internet that allows me to do WHAT i want to.
Speaker 4: Do i'm pretty with my. NETWORK i don't blame.
Speaker 1: You we did a whole segment on my unplug channel last. Time we were talking about internet on the. Go so that's kind of what this is turning. Into, yep, yep and that's what.
Speaker 4: Makes the world go. Around.
Speaker 1: Right oh, yeah switch gears for a. Second Freddie mack hit eight thousand subscribers on. YouTube look at?
Speaker 3: That yeah, MAN i what that? Was just like it's like a roller coaster, ride it's not.
Speaker 1: Up yeah, yeah it does.
Speaker 3: That uh sometime this week or next, week send its schedules, Allow i'm going to jump on and do a and ask me anything live stream to celebrate the eight thousand sub, Subscriber mark AND i have.
Speaker 4: A few things to give away.
Speaker 3: WHEN i hit nine, THOUSAND i got a Radio i'm gonna give. Away it's a it's a mobile. Radio but come ten, Thousand i've got one of my Homemade All star nodes that's made with a motor roll of.
Speaker 4: Radios what do you? Watch that's gonna be given, Away so look. Forward that's.
Speaker 3: Cool, Okay friends out there to like and subscribe The Radio crusader YouTube.
Speaker 1: Channel, NO i just shared the link in the chat.
Speaker 4: Too, well thank.
Speaker 1: YOU i appreciate that absolutely. Absolutely, well you know, what this was a good live stream because we did what we said we're going to, do.
Speaker 4: Unlike.
Speaker 3: Nuggets yeah, yeah, yeah we didn't fight with it the whole.
Speaker 1: Time we were right. Through, Yeah So, freddie appreciate your time, Tonight oh, leisure here's a pop up reminder to Discover windows. Eleven, no thank. YOU i do not want to upgrade To windows. Eleven thank.
Speaker 3: You, yeah that's that's another One i'm having tough time.
Speaker 4: With, yeah we're doing it a lot since it's.
Speaker 1: It so, yeah, yeah, yeah every. Turn, well thanks again. Man, yeah, OH i didn't mention at the beginning of the, stream But frank texted me a couple hours ago and he said he had a migraine. Tonight but we've got another way For frank to connect to All star that he won't use sou so Maybe i'll try to get him to do THE dv switch. Thing so if anyone wants me to create an, ACCOUNT i just create an account for myself FOR Dv. Switch that's mainly WHAT i wanted it. For BUT i know some of you don't have a. Node if you want me to create an account for, you hit me up In discord and we'll get in. There create an account video, right, yeah, YEAH i don't remember which file it's, in BUT i remember what the. Stands it looks, like just copypaste that. Stands this should be, fun con F so, yeah, okay and you have to restart asteris.
Speaker 4: It's a good? Idea yeah, yeah yeah so.
Speaker 1: Cool, well thanks, guys appreciate everyone everyone's time, Tonight, freddie thank you once again my, pleasure and you guys have a good rest of the, evening and Happy Father's day once again to, everybody and we'll catch you guys next, Week so seventy, three
Speaker 4: All seventy, three everybody, later