Speaker 1: Anywhere anytime. Take your info to go.
Speaker 2: I'm listening to powered.
Speaker 1: By fifty five KRS, the talk station.
Speaker 3: Eight o six Pity About Car CD talk Station, Happy Wednesday. You know, it's good to be Brian Thomas sometimes and one of those times is going to be this Sunday, May twenty fifth of Great American Ballpark, because I have had the distinct honor and privilege to be affiliated with the Ford to Ool of Honor event at the Salute to the American Veterans at the Great American Ballpark which has taking place this Sunday, and joining me in the fifty five KRCY Morning Show the Ford Regional sales manager and he's been involved in this for a lot of years, Greg Raminski. Greg, thanks for coming to the studio today to talk about this.
Speaker 4: Oh, thanks for having me Brian.
Speaker 2: This is an exciting time for us, and you'll be the first person affiliated with Ford for me to thank personally for including me again. I just speak a few words, you know, just I thank the veterans for what they do and just offer my comments and just send people on their way.
Speaker 1: Man. It's just it's a cool event. Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 2: It's a great opportunity and you always do a great job with some very heartfelt words. I mean, not'd be a lot of words, but their heartfelt words. I know that means a lot to the veterans that were there to recognize well.
Speaker 3: And there's some terrific veterans, not that all veterans aren't terrific.
Speaker 1: But you someone goes out in the world.
Speaker 3: I think Jerry Dinuzio has part of it, former sales agent here at he's since retired, but he's remained involved. But how do the veterans that are specifically honored get selected.
Speaker 2: It's it's a tough choice, as you can imagine. As you said, there's so many worthy folks out there, but our team works with a bunch of veteran organizations and they find those that are local, that really have a story, that are that are deserving, and again they all are, so it's so hard to choose, but they narrow it down and local locally. About ten or so veterans each time we do this get recognized at the REDS event, which is it's a great opportunity for everyone involved.
Speaker 3: And salute to Ford for for for this event generally and choosing to honor the American veteran.
Speaker 1: How many years has this been going on?
Speaker 2: This started back in twenty eleven on the tenth anniversary of nine to eleven, and it's grown. It's it's here locally at Great American Ballpark with the Reds, but we've also done it many other places.
Speaker 1: Over fifty five ceremonies.
Speaker 2: At this point, over five hundred veterans have been recognized through this program.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, five hundred. Yeah, because you know at the event there's usually ten.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's usually ten to fifteen or so per and you can imagine doing the math how many that's been.
Speaker 1: And we could.
Speaker 2: We'd love to do more, but obviously it's tough to get this all put together. It takes a lot of work, but it's a labor of love for many people, including you, And again, thanks for all your contribution.
Speaker 3: That's the least I can do. I didn't serve my country, so I've kind of taken on veterans and the American military is sort of a personal cause to try to make up for what I didn't do, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, I get that, and I hear that every every year in your comments, and I'm in the same boat. But it's the least we can do, as you'd say, it is. It's such a great opportunity to recognize those folks and give them some love, which they all deserve.
Speaker 3: Amen, And this is the honor Fly tri State Day of this. Folks are on their way to DC if they haven't gotten already, So let me just interject an opportunity to mind folks. Nine pm at CVG tonight the welcome home ceremony. It's just something that you should not miss if you've never been. It's really quite moving. And of course the vast majority of the eighty eight veterans are Vietnam veterans who did not get a welcome home when they came back from their service to our country. So who's going to be honored this this Sunday. We've got ten local veterans.
Speaker 2: I'll go ahead and read the list, both Bill Luken, Frank Bailey, Fred Moore, Mike Donnelly, Walter B. Stitt, Ed Greeves, Ed Radcliffe, John B. Murray, William J. Ston and William T.
Speaker 4: Miller.
Speaker 3: And what branch of the service, and are these senior folcus. It's usually quite a mixed ban. It is usually a variety and that is one of the goals.
Speaker 2: We have veterans from all branches of the military, all ranges of experience, some that had just gotten out, some that have gone through World War Two at times we've had so it's a great variety and a good opportunity again to not only recognize the veterans themselves, but they're families who are in attendance, so you can tell really appreciate the event and the love and the spotlight on their folks.
Speaker 1: So it makes it great.
Speaker 3: Well, and my listeners can show up with the game, I trust there's still tickets available. Now, they won't be sitting up in the private space with the veterans, but they do throughout the game have little different things that go on that include the honored American veterans.
Speaker 2: Correct, we find ways and the Reds do a great job sat the Cincinnati Reds for working the folks, and we'll usually have one bring the lineup card out to the umpires before the game, and there's opportunities we shine on them on the jumbo tron to show where they're sitting and let them wave to the crowd and give let the crowd give them, give the crowd an opportunity to thank them and appreciate them as well.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds to me like a lot of family members for the veterans are going to be there this year. Because I mentioned Jerry de Newsia every year that I do this, he offers me a handful of tickets and he said, Brian, uh, we got a lot of people coming this year. So you're you're stuck with two normally have to bring the kids or you know, my daughter or fiance or we had plans to do that.
Speaker 2: Are like, that's okay, that's good news, which is great. Yeah, it's it's fun when it's a packed house, and it usually is. It would be great if the rumor a little bit bigger, as this event has grown. But it's fun just to pack the pack the space the Hall of Fame theater and do that event in there with the veterans and with their families.
Speaker 3: Well, and understand that you got something special going on at four an opportunity if you let my listeners know about this handshake deal for America.
Speaker 1: Since you're here, let's talk about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's it's the from America for America campaign America campaign which we launched a few months ago it was supposed to be for a very short period of time. It allows consumers to get the a planned discount, which is what employees get. It's truly the same discount that I get as a Ford employee is now passed along to anyone who comes in and wants to buy a vehicle across the lineup on most everything. And it's been extended through the fourth of July, so now it goes through the seventh of July.
Speaker 3: And understand that EV buyers actually get even a better deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get a free home charger, which is a program we oh wow really yeah. Late last year we launched that and it's worked really really well. It's it's great, it's super simple. I know a lot of people that have done it, and it's it's clock like clockwork, turnkey simple. Oh no kidding to come out and install the charger in your garage once you buy the vehicle. Well, and that you've already been by by doing that overcome a challenge. I guess a lot of folks that might be considered it EV. Well, if I get one of those, I'm gonna have to pay to have a charger, correct and go through the difficulties of buying one, choosing one, lining up an electrician, and we do all that for you.
Speaker 3: How about that? And so what of the tariffs? Is Ford impacted by the tariffs in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: That's it's an ongoing issue. As you could imagine, things seem to change pretty often. So, yeah, there's been We've taken a little bit of pricing on a few of our vehicles. We do make eighty percent of our vehicles here in the United States, which is great, that's more than any other manufacturer, but those that we bring in from other countries have had some tariffs. We have had a little bit of pricing adjustments going forward on that, but overall the impact hasn't been too bad, and fingers crossed it won't be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.
Speaker 3: Huge fan of the Ford mustang am I I had you on back in two thousand and one. After nine to eleven, Remember all everything went to zero percent finance because the whole world kind of came to a screeching halt. And was at that point I said, you know what, I know that because I looked online there were two SVT Cobras in the area and I was like, you know what, I've always wanted a muscle car. It was the four point six Leader had I think factory rated flywheel horsepower three twenty seven, which back then was was sizable, you know, compared to modern figures. The current GT Mustang, what does it got? Four fifty at the flywheel amazing And then you go up to like the GT five hundred or whatever the higher ends, and they're just sick, fast, sick horse power and torque. I love the own one, but a big fan of the Mustang. We can help you out with that. I'm sure I know some people who know some people, Brian.
Speaker 1: I bet you do.
Speaker 3: As the what the regional sales manager, you probably find one of those form.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mustangs are great no matter what year.
Speaker 2: Obviously in the sixties up through today is it's amazing car shows.
Speaker 1: It's so fun to go to and see.
Speaker 4: The variety of Mustangs and the passion behind it.
Speaker 1: And it's one of the few that you can still get with a manual shift.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, there aren't many choices out there with a male trains and going the.
Speaker 3: Way the du that's your uh, your millennical what did they call it? The millennial theft deterrent feature because nobody out there really knows how to drive a stick shift anymore.
Speaker 4: My boys do. That's one thing they learned early on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we taught our kids too, Yeah, both of them. So yeah, it's uh love the manual shift. Anyhow, back to this, Uh, Sunday, May twenty fifth, What time do things get started? Because I forgot the start time of the game.
Speaker 4: The game I believe is around Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually, since we get there early, I don't pay attention to exactly when the game starts, right, We roll through everything, do the presentation. Then by the time we get out, it's about time for the first pitch to happen. So it should be great, should be a great afternoon.
Speaker 1: Oh well it always is so.
Speaker 3: Greg Raminski's a guest in studio, Ford Regional Sales Manager and a salute to Ford for the Ford Oval of Honor event again been going on for years. Tenth anniversary. I can't believe how time is flown. And thanks again for allowing me to help out just a little bit with this event. A salute to the American veteran God bless you and everybody at Ford for doing this. It's been pleasure having you in Greg.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you so much, appreciate all your time and thanks for having me in.
Speaker 1: Anytime, brother, anytime. It's eight fifteen right now.
Speaker 3: If you have KCD talk station cover Sincy, you can get better medical insurance for less money. Yeah, better medical insurance for less money. Insurance that actually covers you know, upfront money like no out of pocket responsibility. It's because they work for you, cover since your brokers, and they work with hundreds of insurance companies with access to thousands of policies. But because they're on your side of the table, they can go out into the world and find the best possible combination of different policies. See, they have one policy that will cover things up front, and you've got catastrophic coverage and all this put them all together. Thirty to sixty percent savings for couples under sixty five along with yeah, better coverage. It sounds impossible to believe. I know it because I've I just question it every time I talk about it. But I've talked to so many listeners who's listened to me and take me in, taken me up on my recommendation to just reach out to them. You don't have any obligation. They'll look at you, where you are in your life and whether you've got family or not, that kind of thing, and put a package together. And trust me, you're going to be amazed at what they can do. And heck, probably one of the better things can say that, Well, you're you're as best play, You're doing the best as you possibly can do. If they look at what you've got, they'll be honest with you. You're not going to try to say something you don't need, so take advantage of it. It's free and they will not sell your information to anybody. And again you get to keep them after the insurance is put in place. Got a claims issue you don't call the insurance company has spent a couple hours on the phone. Call cover SINCEY and they'll take care of it for you. It's an amazing opportunity to get some help on that as well. Cover sincey dot com online, fill the format, get the process started. They'll get right back with you. Or call them at five one three eight hundred. Call that's five one three eight hundred to two two five to five. This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: For more