Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow afternoon. It's likely when it's going to start to the showers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you going to go out and dance in your loincloth?
Speaker 2: I don't have a loin cloth.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: I will shun my loincloth for the purpose of the dances.
Speaker 1: You'll shun it.
Speaker 2: My friends and the cul de sac may not appreciate it, but the Lord will. You will go without I shall go without you.
Speaker 1: Shlt.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I what isn't shlt a word in the Bibles? You shalt not? Am I making it up.
Speaker 2: Shalt is not a word.
Speaker 1: Shaltz not a word.
Speaker 2: Huh oh, ma'am, No, ma'am.
Speaker 3: We are keeping an eye on A two three A the Megaburg, the world's largest iceberg that is lumbering toward a remote island off Antarctica that's home to millions of penguins and seals. This a two three a iceberg is about a trillion tons, they say, and could slam into South Georgia Island and neither get stuck.
Speaker 2: Might be guided around it.
Speaker 3: By currents if it gets stuck, they said, they could be hard for adult penguins to feed their baby penguins.
Speaker 1: Shalt is perfectly acceptable. In fact, turns up first in Genesis.
Speaker 3: By the way, Nis, thou shalt not right, shalt yeah, bring it back.
Speaker 2: That's what I say you should.
Speaker 1: That's what I was doing, and then you poop pooed it. I did poo pooed my shuts.
Speaker 2: Even right at the beginning of the Bible.
Speaker 3: Dare you reminder that we're doing what you learned this week on the Gary and Channon Show. So leave us a message on the talkback feature on the iHeart app. Tell us what it is you learned, and we'll get to those at the bottom of the hour. In the meantime, what else is going on?
Speaker 2: Time time for what's happening?
Speaker 4: What's happening is water, water damage, fire damage, purplery called public adjuster air gap eight nine one seven, five two five seven.
Speaker 2: There are our trending stories today.
Speaker 1: Well, has Nathan Hakman, the new DA has he had a one day since he took office not being in the media like good for him. He is using that office very well. He announced today that his office will not be pursuing charges against Marilyn Manson. This was a four year investigation and these were accounts of alleged domestic violence that apparently fall outside the Statute of Limitations. His ex Evan Rachel Wood, and four other women accused him of abuse in twenty twenty one. They say the instances took place between twenty nine and twenty eleven. He sued her for defamation in twenty twenty two. That lawsuit was dropped last November. But Da Hawkman says there's no there there.
Speaker 3: He said, my heart in my life, this is Marilyn Brian, Brian. His names were Brian, Right, that sounds about right.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 3: My art and my life have long been magnets for controversy, but these recent claims about me are horrible distortions of reality. President Trump and First Lady Milania will be in southern California in a couple of hours. They're going to view the recent wildfire devastation, talk about some relief efforts despite the rising continuing war of words between Trump and Governor Gavin Newsom. Presidents expected at Lax this afternoon headed out to the Palisades fire burn area to take an aerial tour and then a walking tour. Now we're not quite sure how that's Is he going to fly through the helicopter and then.
Speaker 2: Go back to Lax and get out there, or is.
Speaker 3: He going to go in the helicopter and the land somewhere around there and be toured in a walking tour.
Speaker 2: Not quite sure.
Speaker 3: About two hundred and fifty billion dollars in damages is kind of the number that everybody has been coming to in terms of the expected toll from these fires.
Speaker 1: The asap Rocky felony assault trial is underway, with a jury seated as of this morning. He has rejected a plea deal that would have been minimal. Instead, he's rolled in the dice with a potential twenty four year prison sentence if he is found guilty. Right now, it seems like his attorney and the prosecutor are kind of going through some of the weedy things. They're arguing over evidence related to casings. And this is a pre trial type of a thing where the defense is free to consult a firearms experts, the court will pay for it. Things like this hasn't really gotten cracking yet, gotten cracking yet, but they did argue over what they could mention in their opening statements, this is all usual things.
Speaker 2: Speaking of court cases.
Speaker 3: Brian Cooberger, the guy accused of killing four people in Idaho at the college, bless you. You've had four of them to this's back in oh So now we're catching up. Is back in court this week. He is trying to throw out DNA evidence in this case. Some interesting revelations in the courtroom. The defense team tried to paint the investigation as flawed and shrouded in secrecy. One of the lead attorneys said, this is a situation where this identification was done in complete secret, behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: You mean, like all investigations.
Speaker 3: The lawyer revealed details of a surviving roommate's interview with authorities in the aftermath and said there are two references to not remembering, and a couple of days later in the third interview, there are references to not remembering being drunk. She said a statement, I don't know any of it, Like half this stuff. I don't know if it was a dream or if it's real. And credibility, this is again the attorney. Credibility is important when this person was relied on in the investigation.
Speaker 1: This just goes to show what we kind of speculated at from go is It was all very vague in terms of the details coming out of that house because it was a party house. We're talking about college age kids, probably a lot of drinking going on, probably not a lot of remembering what had gone on the night before.
Speaker 3: And not to cast dispersions on this fine gentleman, but assuming he did it and the way he has presented himself, did he intentionally target that house because it was because of that house? Yeah, I mean because of its reputation as a party house. A duck farm in New York has been forced to kill all of its ducks because of the bird flu outbreak. I forgot how Michelle told me how to say this. Ackabog, a commercial poultry farm on Long Island, is being forced to kill thousands of their ducks. Health officials detected cases of bird flu in the flock. The owner of Crescent Duck Farm in Ackabog, about sixty six miles west of New York City, first saw signs that the flock was sick. Tests confirmed the detection of bird flu last week.
Speaker 1: I like how you say Long Island. That's how they say it, That's how we say it, I know, but it's money coming from someone. Actually, we say it.
Speaker 2: Long Island not there.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it's a regionalism, right. I like that. It's kind of like when I go to a thousand oaks and I call it to like when I go to the first day You've ever done that? Right, But I'm taking to it like a duck to water A goa and you and I go, oh man, I had to go to Teo on my way here. It's a regionalism. I just learned about Teo. What else is there around here that I don't know about. I hate myself, No, easy, I don't. Just because you hate me doesn't mean you can project that onto me.
Speaker 3: Two big games this weekend. Thank you for everybody who played Gas Fantasy for play this year. Y'all did great.
Speaker 2: You did pretty amazing. You did not I never.
Speaker 1: Do, but you shine in other areas.
Speaker 2: I have all these little buttons. I gehit.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that? Hurt people? Hurt people? Is that what I'm here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Go go Google.
Speaker 1: I want me to start playing your Disney Princess songs.
Speaker 2: I don't have any I do.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 6: Forty thy Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 7: You guys are like my kids, and I really hate to hear my kids bickering with each other.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's not about the super Bowl party.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: It is about the super Bowl party. For me, it is I just haven't. You're putting a lot of pressure on.
Speaker 1: Me, am I. Yeah, you have one every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you show up every once in a while. That's not But then you want to drive the ship. I don't want to drive the ship.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you want to drive No, no, no, I'm not even in the vicinity of the ship. I'm on the other coast thinking about.
Speaker 3: My usually on the shep and been to Miami when I've held a new super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Shannon Teo was also a regionalism regionalist which is where I'm from.
Speaker 3: Toronto Blue Jays, let's go and the Argonauts and the Raptors.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget them. Do not discount the Argonauts.
Speaker 2: Well, this is Championship Weekend.
Speaker 3: As great as the NFL playoffs are, I prefer I think Championship Weekend. You got two fantastic games, uh in the course of one day.
Speaker 2: The first game is going to be the NFC.
Speaker 3: You've got the Washington Commanders taken on the Philadelphia Eagles. Jalen Sorry, Jalen Hurts is hurt, but he's gonna be okay. J Daniels for the Commanders, this rookie quarterback is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Here's how the narrative goes. Josh Allen finally it depending on who wins the Super Bowl. Josh Allen finally gets over the hump. Now now he's the greatest quarterback of the Ark.
Speaker 2: There's a st worry for every team.
Speaker 1: There's a story. The Chiefs dynasty three peat, first three peat ever, Patrick Mahomes, second coming of Christ, Commanders win. It's Jade and Daniel's best rookie season we've ever seen in the history of the NFL. The Eagles win the whole damn thing. Nobody cares. Oh, we have one person that we know who cares. He's going to care for everybody. He's gonna care enough for everybody. But that's about it. It's gonna be the Chiefs eaqual We all know that, right.
Speaker 3: My cousin of mine is a huge Eagles fan, and she would be very very happy if they want.
Speaker 2: Good for her.
Speaker 1: Is she from Philadelphia. No, No, then she doesn't deserve it. I mean, I don't want people to get their hopes up. This is how I went into Houston. You don't get your hopes up for anything. You know, we're going to end up with the Chiefs and the Eagles, and that's just the way it's going to be, and we're gonna hate watch the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Listen, everybody did yes, but everybody discounted the commander's last weekend and they pulled their way through me.
Speaker 1: I'd kill for a Bill's Commander's That would be fun. Two teams that we're not bored of that haven't won it in a long time.
Speaker 2: And I'm not.
Speaker 3: One for commanders for participation trophies, but I agree that would be an entertaining game.
Speaker 1: What if it's the Commanders versus the Chiefs, the Native American team that changed their name versus the Native American team that did not Oh what happens when you got the.
Speaker 2: Can't do that?
Speaker 1: They still do it in era, but.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't know if that you don't do that and they don't, they don't call it. It's not that was a Nazi salute GFHAC Stadium or something like that.
Speaker 1: Everyone calls it a g hack or no one calls it that.
Speaker 2: It's an insurance company, Am I right? Energy something something insurance energy.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Again, the Commanders at the Eagles will be the first game.
Speaker 3: Sunday noon is when it's going to be on, and it'll be on Fox, and then the Bills and Chiefs will start at about three thirty. Well, start three thirty and that'll be on CBS.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You gonna what to do that day?
Speaker 1: Sit on your ass.
Speaker 2: I know you're just gonna sit on my butt.
Speaker 1: You could stretch, can do some stretches, I could. You could bring in some free weights and hit those.
Speaker 3: Well, that sounds like fun. You want me to jazzer size in front of the TV.
Speaker 2: While I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: The process should be fun. You should learn to have fun in the process.
Speaker 2: What's the process again?
Speaker 1: Getting in good shape? Lifting weights? It should be fun for you? Well, how about ice cream.
Speaker 2: That I can have fun with?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: The other big news NFL wise is that the Raiders have hired Pete Carroll as their next head coach. He will be the oldest head coach in the history of the NFL at seventy four years old.
Speaker 1: If there's anyone who has the energy to do it at seventy four, it's Pete Carroll. I mean, that guy doesn't stop. He's the energizer bunny. He's got the resume, he's got the energy to swoop in harbought esk. In terms of providing an instant culture change there, it just seems like a desperate move right now from the Raiders. They're floundering. That's just what they're doing. If you're a fan of the Raiders, you know this more than anybody else, more than me. It just seems like a move out of desperation. But but, and again, Jerry Jones is the one that usually enlists people that were good ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Desperation would be somehow getting Bill Belichick out of his college and paying him one hundred million dollars, So that to me would be desperation.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 3: This is sort of a I think this is a safe bet because the guy has the career one hundred and seventy one hundred and twenty, one hundred and seventy wins, one hundred and twenty losses.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's been a head coach for thirty years.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. It's a big things. He needed a splash, right, and it is desperation because you bring in a big name and suddenly you think that the program is going to be overhauled. Not going to be the case. But you look at that AFC West in the pedigree of head coaches with Sean Payton, Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, Yeah that's Andy Reid.
Speaker 2: Andy Reid is currently the oldest head coach and he's only sixty six.
Speaker 1: Andy Reid, by the way, he looks eighty seven. You know, you put next to Pete Carroll, you're gonna choose Pete Carroll every day and twice on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 3: Pete Carroll started as a head coach thirty years ago with the New York Jets.
Speaker 2: He's only there for one season.
Speaker 3: Then he went to New England for a few seasons when he that's when he went to college obviously in usc was turned into a power under Pete Carroll, and then twenty ten he went back to the pros. He took over the Seahawks up in Seattle and took them to Super Bowl forty eight XL.
Speaker 1: Which one was the one where they didn't run the ball with Marshawn Lynch and they passed it and it was a pick and the Patriots won. That was the moment I remember, what a great moment in sports. Number that was felt so good. But they beat the What the hell are you doing passing the ball? What they were on the two yard line? Something like that. Good lord, idiots, run the ball. It's gonna be a cold, long, dark, funny thing that.
Speaker 2: Happens in your face.
Speaker 3: Your eyes glaze over, like a shark that's about to eat something good. Like there's a there's like a second eyelid that comes down over your eyes.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that sounds awful.
Speaker 2: You have no idea what it looks like from over here.
Speaker 3: What you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show and our nine news nuggets you need to know to wrap up this Friday Severeness.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI A M six forty. It is very weird. We're in a very uncomfortable place lately. There's no red flag warning up anymore.
Speaker 1: Excellent excellent news.
Speaker 3: That red flag warning expired a couple of hours ago. Although we are still dealing with fires. The historically dry start to winter could come to an end tomorrow. We are expecting to see some showers coming in by tomorrow afternoon through much of southern California. Should stick with us for about forty eight hours. The snow level down around four thousand feet, which means you could see some traffic problems up and over the Grapevine once again, but it won't be because of fire. President Trump is headed to la this afternoon expectation. He is about hour and a half two hours away from landing at lax and then take an aerial tour and a walking tour of the Palisades with First Lady Milania Trump. Some policyholders, by the way, who lost their homes in the fires are not getting claim advances that are due to them, According to the Insurance Commissioner, Ricardo Lara, He's issued a bulletin that reminds every insurance company working in California that the law requires victims who suffered total losses to get advance payments for the living expenses and for the loss of contents. He said, some insurers are actually going above and beyond the requirements of the legislation that was passed a few years ago. Others have not issued any funds. He hasn't gone so deepest to tell us which insurance companies are doing the bad things.
Speaker 1: Well, we like to hear about before that.
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys are unbelievable.
Speaker 8: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: It's bearnish, that's right.
Speaker 2: Ye, it is.
Speaker 1: We speak every love for dad? Is it love or dad? Elver Dad?
Speaker 2: For dad ver Dad? It's the truth. I think I believe you question.
Speaker 1: Anyone speak a spaniol around here, clearly not us. Well, is it love or Dad or alverdad?
Speaker 2: For dad? It's the word masculine.
Speaker 1: He's like, what's the word I'm saying it? And he still can't understand because I almost said a bad word. My crappy lack of any sort of accent. God, I'm such a cracker.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can say that again. All right. So we try to inform. Doesn't always work. Sometimes there's other stuff going on, obviously we're.
Speaker 1: Busy with Sometimes we get sometimes we get sidetracked.
Speaker 3: But we still want to bring to you a good information. So we ask you what it is that what it is that you learned?
Speaker 2: This week on the Gary and Channa Show, Hey Becky shoe. What'd you learn this week? Well, Billy Bob.
Speaker 1: I learned that back in the day, when we got bored, we could either go right dog or go up to the haylaw and play.
Speaker 2: Hey, you show me yours and I'll show your mind.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that? Let's get in the haylof truth, so that happens.
Speaker 5: This week on the Garyan Channese Show, I learned about delish dot COM's list of healthiest.
Speaker 1: Hamburgers from major American fast food chains.
Speaker 2: Number one was the Whopper Junior Hamburger.
Speaker 5: Straight a student, I'd look up the list myself to see where my favorite was, and the In and Out Hamburger came in at number four.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you'll have good weekend. See why it's a bunch of East Coast people writing for that place. Anyway, what they hear?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I learned this week that two different species, a monkey and a deer, are having cross over sexual encounters. Never in my wildest dreams what I'd ever think about that being on your show, But it was, and thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, it ain't gonna be in anybody else's show.
Speaker 1: I'm a little skeptical with the whispered thank.
Speaker 2: You Hi, Gary Shannon, What did I learn this week on your show? Well, I learned that bald eagles whistle out of their ass. I'll have a good weekend. It's not their ass, it's the choir as.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing. There's one there is one opening, at.
Speaker 2: Least for chickens. I assume it's for most birds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well let's google it. Just our reason not to know how many?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Or or what's the what's the plural.
Speaker 2: Of cloaca orfi? Orifices? Orifices?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with the orifi?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a word. And then again, I who pooed your shout?
Speaker 2: Also right?
Speaker 9: What I learned on the Gary and Shannon Show this week is that you guys love fireball and all the debauchery that comes along with it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we love fireballs.
Speaker 1: It was a different time.
Speaker 3: Fireball is sometimes a necessary evil. I don't think I've had fireball in three years.
Speaker 1: I have had it more recently.
Speaker 2: But you're a degenerate.
Speaker 1: Okay, clearly, Friday and your Boca knows it is that your mouth. I don't know. I'll stop trying to speak Spanish. Uh.
Speaker 2: What I learned on the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 1: This week, Gary's groin is just.
Speaker 2: Fun, thank you.
Speaker 10: Not even a fast moving fire can take Shannon off topic when it comes to ballet talk, and the SEC has no problem with the word macock.
Speaker 1: Okay, also good good takeaways. Eagles do have the cloaca, but it's just the one for both reproductive and excretory functions. So that was correct, the whistling out of the cloacre right right, Well, he said his ass, that's the same thing.
Speaker 2: If you were to point to a bird's you'd point to them right.
Speaker 10: So this week on the Gary and Shannon Show, I learned Shannon has a hamburger voice and a mirror voice.
Speaker 2: But what does that voice sound like when you're eating a hamburger in the mirror?
Speaker 1: They get it, what's a hamburger?
Speaker 3: I think he means like, there's a voice that tells you, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: And then the other voice in the mirror is like, you should not have eaten that hamburger.
Speaker 1: It's the same voice. I also want, I'm like the exorcist in the mirror as well, you should not have eaten not hamburger.
Speaker 5: Hi, folks, what I learned on Gary and Shannon this week is that if I want to recommend to Shannon a great film that chronicles the JFK stuff she has been talking about, she shouldn't look at The rat Pack, with William Peterson as JFK and ray Leota as Frank Sinatra. It was basically based on an interview Frank's dotter Nancy Gabe, and it's a really good film.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I've seen that sounds familiar. Hey, Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 4: What I learned this week is that Shannon's cabbage patches doll's name was Marvin Wine was Morton.
Speaker 1: Oh, such good names.
Speaker 2: Fascinating Morton and Marvin.
Speaker 1: Who came up with these names?
Speaker 3: Somebody was really high at Shannon.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: For being back all week.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 11: I hope it becomes a habit, just playing like anyhow, Shannon. What I learned this week Shannon is a monkey as am I yay. I think that's why I get you so much. Yeah, yeah, Taurus or Gemini.
Speaker 1: Cancer, So I think Jacob's on the cusp of Taurus and Gemini. I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, appreciate your show.
Speaker 5: What I learned this week, and I can't stop thinking about it, which I'm not.
Speaker 8: Sure is good.
Speaker 5: Every time I use the restroom.
Speaker 8: Is that every peepe does not.
Speaker 2: Mean pooh pooh, but every poo poo means peepee.
Speaker 1: Okay, ape you guys, I'm so glad you think of us and all of the.
Speaker 2: Time it's it's that not all. Okay, I'll get well, we.
Speaker 1: Know everyone knows.
Speaker 2: We all the governor said it.
Speaker 6: Nest not all pepe times are poo poo times, but all poo poo times are peepee times.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay? That was actually ailuis is not the governor, it should be clear.
Speaker 7: Not.
Speaker 2: The Real.
Speaker 7: And Shannon Show this week is that I was really looking forward to watching the movie The Substance because I took you guys a little tip and got three months of Apple TV for free.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyhodle, But now I'm.
Speaker 7: Never going to watch that movie. It sounds disgusting, and I thank you guys for giving me the heads up before I found out the wrong way. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is disgusting, but it is, but it's good point for a purpose.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 10: It's Tina down in Orange County.
Speaker 2: Tina.
Speaker 9: I just want to let you know when I learned this.
Speaker 2: Week, I learned the conversion.
Speaker 1: Of yellow pages to toilet paper. Me too. Who would have thought, you know?
Speaker 7: And also he Man, Yeah, he man in Sira, not Shira, Sira, he Man she ruh.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 2: On the weekend, she seem very confident about that.
Speaker 1: No, it's true. I just call it Shira. I just I didn't. I didn't get the when I was seven, I didn't understand the the she ra as opposed to the he Man. I knew what he man was, but Shira was so far removed from he man to me because she was her own person, her own thing, her own universe, that like it was shera to me. It wasn't just to take off he Man, she Man, Sheira, she man different. Different. That's twenty four.
Speaker 9: This week on The Gary and Shannon Show is even though you guys had two different periods of twenty two days off on vacation.
Speaker 1: Wow, I knew everybody complains you have a lot of true.
Speaker 9: That's that's true, But this week you did sound well rested, and you've been pretty funny and really top of everything. So I think we all wish we had that vacation.
Speaker 1: But it has been a fun week. Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's nice, a positive one.
Speaker 1: That's a nice things. Somebody said, we'll do it again next week.
Speaker 2: We'll learn how to.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you going through all that not nice things people say and shielding me from that.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, very grateful. You're welcome.
Speaker 3: I will send those to you this afternoon, though, it's time for our honorable mention.
Speaker 6: Honorable mention, not supposed to mention, just an honor serving with you, a.
Speaker 2: Great and honorable Moses.
Speaker 1: So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member.
Speaker 2: Of honorable Mention.
Speaker 1: I mean man nuggets so dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these news nuggets are the stories that fell through the cracks because we were busy with other things. In San Antonio, Texas, a twenty one year old guy is charged with the prohibition of the purchase of and sale of human organ in addition to one count aggravated assault with the deadly weapon.
Speaker 1: So he was charged in a road rage shooting earlier this week. Sure they say he also tried to purchase a nine month old baby to harvest the baby's organs.
Speaker 3: I don't think this charge sticks, and I'll tell you why he was accidentally added to a group text message of family members talking about the details of a baptism for their nine month old. According to an affidavit for his arrest, Jose, not part of the family, responded with quote, that's a nice Caucasian baby.
Speaker 2: How much you want?
Speaker 1: That's funny?
Speaker 3: And then he said when somebody said that, he sorry, you're the wrong number. He said, are you interested in selling? I'm willing to start the bid at five hundred k. Why can't make jokes with other people's families? The nine month old's father called this guy to say, hey, get out of our group and said he purchased babies for their organs and was willing to pay for the baby in cash or bitcoin.
Speaker 1: When questioned about the messages, this guy told police he thought the group thread was spam. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: That's why he's not They're not going to keep that's a freedom of speech issues.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting, but.
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Here's number nine. Number nine.
Speaker 1: I did nine Organs are too small at that time.
Speaker 2: Their friends and I.
Speaker 1: Speak nine languages, can basically everybody at table lening.
Speaker 2: I'd feel ready to go another nine and niner?
Speaker 1: Did I get you a niner in there? You know how kids talk about anxiety these days. I remember feeling not anxiety, but maybe a little bit of stress when I had overdue library books.
Speaker 2: And it's the beginning of learning to deal with the government.
Speaker 1: Or just learning to deal with little bits of stress that you might get a slap on the wrist for right, not go to jail for.
Speaker 2: Ten cents a day for every book?
Speaker 1: Or do you think these days they would? They would probably just give you the book. I'd say, Oh, I'm sorry, you've kept it too long. Why don't you have it?
Speaker 2: It's just for you.
Speaker 3: George Orwell book checked out of a library, and the UK fifty years ago has finally returned a hardcover copy of George Orwell's Road to Wigan Pagan Peer.
Speaker 1: Those could be tough books to get through. I can understand it taking fifty years to do so.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of that anyway. It dates all the way back to nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 1: It's hetty.
Speaker 2: They said.
Speaker 3: The book itself is in no shape to put back on its shelves, at least partly because the poor physical condition, but mostly because it smells so bad.
Speaker 1: The first part of the Road to Wigan Pier discusses the working class in North of England before World War One. The second part provides insight into George Orwell's own upbringing in the middle class. How is political thought process shaped over time? Again, it's heady. I can understand it, staying on the shelf for fifty years and then just thrown in the towel. We all have books like that, right, I want to get to that. I want to like Anakarnina, I want to get to that. I was like, I don't really want to do that, not today, not today, and fifty years go by.
Speaker 3: I rarely will start a book without finishing it right, even if it's even if it's a grind.
Speaker 1: I used to be that way, and then I just realized, there's life's too short. There's so many great books that I will thoroughly enjoy. Why wade through the ones that I'm all about.
Speaker 3: I'm in the middle of Lincoln Highway with by Amore Tolls so beautiful. I will only read a chapter a night because I wanted to last. It's wonderful, so great.
Speaker 2: Number eight.
Speaker 4: I can read.
Speaker 11: I can read.
Speaker 2: Dumb thing thing. It's such a beautiful book.
Speaker 1: It's true. There are certain books that I savor. Lincoln Highway was one of them.
Speaker 2: It's a good one, all right.
Speaker 3: The manager of a Korean coffee chain has been getting some backlash on social media after an in turn revealed that he was urging part time workers to call him before getting in touch with the families in case they face any calamity like you know, car accident, plane crash.
Speaker 1: Chris Little was like this. He used to tell us that we were a surgeon. We were like surgeons. We had to answer the phone whenever it rang, if it was you know him or the newsroom calling, You're like a surgeon. And I remember the day where I said, well, then pay me like a surgeon and then I'll answer the phone. And he didn't really have anything to say back to that it called you after this, no, but that I could see Chris saying something like this, like, hey, if the plane's going down, call me before you call your wife and kids.
Speaker 3: It's the timing of this was not good because it was the same day of that Jju aircraft that crash from Bangkok to South Korea.
Speaker 1: I want your people to have all hands on deck all the time.
Speaker 2: Here's number seven, the seventh son of the seventh son. We're on seven day with a government.
Speaker 5: Seven seven years of college.
Speaker 2: Don seven seven days. I mean it's funny, it's political stunt.
Speaker 1: No, this is ridiculous. As a state senator in Mississippi has filed a bill called contraception Contraception begins at erection.
Speaker 2: He's talking about he can't even.
Speaker 1: Get an erection in Mississippi.
Speaker 2: And no, but he's talking.
Speaker 3: He's making fun of bills that have supposedly been put up to protect women but not enough.
Speaker 1: And this is the legally Blonde Act. The bill would make it unlawful for a person to discharge genetic material without the intent to fertilize an embryo. As you learn, and legally blonde. It's called reckless abandonments.
Speaker 2: Number six. I got six six.
Speaker 1: Bundy picture of me a rabbi and six drunk and longshore.
Speaker 2: We just dig in a nursing home closer to us.
Speaker 4: I don't have to take that drink.
Speaker 6: Another six.
Speaker 3: Wake Forest unregistered golf cart rolled over on its driver's side about four fifteen in the afternoon one day. An adult multiple children were hurt. Five five kids between five and nine years old. One of them was on the driver's lap when that golf cart rolled over. I have several pictures of myself driving a golf cart where I have all of my nieces and nephews hanging off of said golf cart. But I didn't flip it.
Speaker 1: No, I a responsible driver. Number five five.
Speaker 6: I have five rules, the five point five five.
Speaker 2: Do me a favorite loose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 1: Jury is ordered a barbecue spot in Texas to pay a customer two point eight million dollars. Why well, she was burned by barbecue sauce. We've seen this time and time again. It's ridiculous, what a litigious society. But it was delicious.
Speaker 2: Same thing about what yeah, what does it taste like?
Speaker 1: Tang spice? Delicious?
Speaker 2: A little bit of molasses?
Speaker 1: Can it burn me all day? I don't know. Number four four.
Speaker 11: Minutes, probably on his fourth.
Speaker 2: This isn't the same world you left four years Mitten's the Cat.
Speaker 3: We talked about Mittens, the main Coon cat and accidental jet center. This month, our cage was overlooked in a plain cargo hold. She made three trips in twenty four hours between New Zealand and Australia. The eight year old was booked for a one way travel with her family from christ Church, New Zealand to their home in Melbourne, but the owner said that as she waited for mittens to be unloaded from the plane's freight area, three hours pass and no sign of the cat. It was then that they said, oh, actually, that plane is already on its way back to New Zealand, about seven and a half hours in the air each way.
Speaker 1: Number three.
Speaker 4: Three shall be.
Speaker 5: The number that shall count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Speaker 2: We were dead within three hours.
Speaker 4: Three security clearance level three, all three of them.
Speaker 10: Three.
Speaker 6: I got all three of you guys for the rest of your natal born live.
Speaker 2: After that three days, they both start to stink.
Speaker 1: Three five elephunds a zoo in Colorado. They apparently do not have the legal right to pursue their release. According to the Supreme Court there in Colorado, there was an elephant name Happy at the Bronx Zoo that suffered the same fate. Apparently, there's a number of humans that try to make a case for elephants having the rights that humans have in terms of freedom, because they're so smart and they're so wonderful and they're so beautiful.
Speaker 3: And in this case, Missy Kimba, Lucky Lulu and Jambo will have to stay.
Speaker 2: In the zoo.
Speaker 1: Jambo. What a great name.
Speaker 2: Could have been the name of your cabbage patch doll?
Speaker 1: And so said, it was Marvin. Marvin like a tax accountant.
Speaker 2: There's number two. What's going on?
Speaker 1: You two?
Speaker 5: We got two fingers one two two people.
Speaker 2: There's two sons and no women ringing.
Speaker 1: And Marvin's the guy who does her taxes. Marvin's guy who does your prostate check. Marvin's not a guy you cuddle with. Marvin's not a doll.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: There was a Japanese aquarium who realized that their sunfish wasn't doing very well.
Speaker 2: As soon as the.
Speaker 3: Staff in Ka Kyo Kian Aquarium in Cho Munoseki, Southern Japan, they closed for renovation last month, the sunfish I took.
Speaker 2: A turn for the worse.
Speaker 1: You ever see the sunfish at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Yeah, Majestic, I have a stuffed sunfish.
Speaker 3: You know what they did to perk up that sunfish? They put cardboard cutouts of people on the outside of his aquarium so that he would he would think he was still being looked at.
Speaker 1: The sunfish is like the opposite of an octopus. The octopus is very intelligent, more intelligent than most people. A sunfish is a very dumb, big dumb animal and just wants attention. Number that. Now you're talking about me, number one, weird number.
Speaker 2: One, number number one. Then I decided to look out for number one. Are you the number one row?
Speaker 9: Number one?
Speaker 11: Number one?
Speaker 6: Number one?
Speaker 1: Well, I take umbrage with this.
Speaker 3: A Florida man in his forties said he went all carnivore diet.
Speaker 2: Dairy, heavy meat, heavy.
Speaker 1: Cheese, beef, and sticks of butter my three favorite food groups.
Speaker 3: This guy has adopted a carnivore diet for eight months.
Speaker 2: His daily intake sticks.
Speaker 3: Of butter, six to nine pounds of cheese, and hamburger patties each and every day. About eight months later, he was diagnosed with xanthalasma, a condition caused by high cholesterol levels or other fats in the blood. And it presents itself by having yellowish ooze coming out of your palms and elbows and the soles of your feet.
Speaker 2: You're making your own popcorn butter out of your skin.
Speaker 1: Popcorn butter.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Now, I just want to stick of butter. I was thinking of y. I ask you, my husband, if you wanted to go see that Flight Risk movie tonight. Do you think I want to see the movie or do you think I'm trying to figure out a vehicle for eating finding butter? Butter on the popcorn?
Speaker 2: Probably the butter.
Speaker 3: You miss any part of our show, you can always go back and listen to the podcast. Go to KFIAM six forty dot com. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFIAM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app