Speaker 1: It's with Dan Ray. I'm going easy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Suzanne. Thank you. It's been a couple of years since you and I worked.
Speaker 1: Together, Yes, it has.
Speaker 2: I think it was before COVID, which goes back to twenty nineteen, twenty twenty when we used to have Saturday nights there at the station. I miss those days and I still think of you when it comes to TV trivia. Well, there you go, there you go, and I thank you for the kind intro you gave me. And happy almost end of the fourth of July.
Speaker 3: And you too, have a great night.
Speaker 2: You take care now, be careful out there. And I want to say happy Fourth of July to everybody listening right now. And I know well represented on the Esplanade are people listening on their radios to BZ. If you forgot Dan was off tonight, you're stuck with me. I mean at a midnight. So I want all the people out there on the Esplanade on the counter of three, I want you to yell night side when I count to three, one, two three. I know a lot of you did it. So now you know who else out there is listening to the same radio station WBZ that you have tuned in. Okay, this is the fourth of July, and it's a tough night to get guests. And as a matter of fact, my first two guests filled the phone lines before I came on the air. We have three phone lines here, talk lines, and all of them are filmed. All three of them are filled. And it's because of these two gentlemen who are on vacation up in but kindly gave me these two hours to let the audience know that Bill and Bo Winnaker are still in their pitcheon they do a show and I always want to say Norwood, but it's a town next to Norwood, and that's on Thursdays once or twice a month, and I think that should be moved to every Thursday, scheduled, scheduling permitted, And let's just bring them into the conversation now, Hello Bill, Hello Bo.
Speaker 4: Hello Morgan. You know there isn't any other place we'd want to be to celebrate the fourth of julyland with you.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, that's true.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're happy to be on the Dan Ray Show and you are the main man tonight, so we're just loving this opportunity to be with you tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys, have filled my lines. I'm not going to take a call yet. I'm gonna wait till after the first break that we've got Jim in Texas, Josephine and Millis and Janice and Lake Placid. We've got east to west covered here. Now, these these people are calling because of you too.
Speaker 5: Well, you know something, Why don't Why don't we just go right to those calls, because we don't want to keep anybody waiting tonight.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, fair enough, Let's go to the first call tonight. It was Jim calling in from Texas. Good evening, Jim, Happy fourth.
Speaker 6: Howdy, happy forth to you, Morgan. Always a pleasure. And I don't listen to you just when you have the Winnkers on, although I especially listen to you at those shows. But I do listen to you, thank you on a regular basis because you have the best, the best voice in radio. And you're knowledge don't know diverse subjects is amazing. Well I do believe it.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for the compliment about knowledge on diverse subjects. I tried.
Speaker 6: All right, well I'll tell you I I am You've got you've got to two of my brothers from another mother there and uh and and and while I I mentioned that I'd like to give a shout out to the Deer Suite Annette and uh Anette run a care their their dear sweet mother. He Anette love you and uh uh. I also just want to bring bring something up to talk about the Espnaut. I just got a little quick little story about the espnaut. At nineteen eighty seven, when Mike Ducaccus was running for president, Yes, and I was shooting pictures for probably name for film by the name of Paul Reel, who was the publisher of the New England Entertainment Digest. I don't even know what give it's around anymore, but I used to take pictures. So he took me to the yespernad that day and Johnny Cash was the guest artist, and so we we got into the trailer and he was interviewing Johnny Cash and uh and uh uh he said, uh uh, I was just trying to be interesting. My goodness. I was in there with me and him and Johnny Cash and Johnny Cash's manager, and he was interviewing and any interview was over and I said, gee, I said, you look kind of tired, mister Cash. He said, well, I didn't drink. I look that bad, and the managers had a had a bit and he threw me out of the trailer. But but anyway, uh uh oh. About half an hour later they couldn't find their photographer and down under the hatshell there's a little maintenance office and they wanted a picture of Johnny Cash with Mike and Kitty Ducaccus. And my, my, my mind is going crazy of a man who I who? I know his name?
Speaker 5: Uh uh uh? Who?
Speaker 6: Who is the director of the Pops Back then? He did a lot of movie scores Bill and Bow, you know that, William John william John Williams, my goodness, and John Williams and Harry Ellis Dixon. So they brought asked me to do it. So I said, oh, brother, Johnny Cash had me thrown out of his trailer or his manager did so. But they brought me down to the little office and I sat in there for ten minutes with Kitty Ducaccus. They're just smoking like a smoke stack, And finally they all came in and I got a I got a.
Speaker 5: Shot of of of.
Speaker 6: Johnny Cash with the Kitty and Mike Tocaccus and and John Williams and Harry Ellis Dixon.
Speaker 2: So that photo you still have that photos?
Speaker 6: That's a that's a good question I've got man, I'll tell you I've got hard drives with so many photos on him. I don't know. I might have it, I who knows. But anyway, back to the Winnakers. They they they helped me. The thing about Bowl and Bill Winnaker is, these guys could have been really really household names and big time, but you know what, they're too busy. They've been too busy helping other people. And they stayed here advanced themselves.
Speaker 2: If they would have gone to New York or California, obviously their careers would have skyrocketed. But they stayed home to New England.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's possiutely.
Speaker 6: And they because I used to see them back in the Parker House years ago, and then we reunited in twenty thirteen, and we've been just so so good. And I've done a lot of publicity work for them and stuff and graphics and they're they're just wonderful people and they have brought me through some tough times emotionally when you know I wasn't doing that great. They've been so encouraging and everything else, and I just I just love these guys.
Speaker 7: Jim.
Speaker 2: You know what, let me let me make this a very succinct point. Once they meet you and you become friends with them, they are good friends to you forever. And Jim, on that point, I gotta let you go because I'm a minute late for my break. But thank you for your call.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 4: God bless your talk, so he God bless you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jim, all right, Jim's side is open six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty. You want to speak to the winnakers, use either of those numbers to do so. This is night Side. Dan is off. He'll be gone all next week, and obviously he'll be gone for tonight, but he will be back the Monday. And I don't have that date in front of me, but it'll be the second Monday in July. He will will be back. And on that note, let's take the break time eight sixteen temperature here in Boston, seventy eight degrees.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: And Nancy, my in studio producer sitting next to me, looked up the second Monday of July. It will be on the fourteenth. Dan, we'll return to this microphone, Marie say it again.
Speaker 5: Ready to go?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if you're ready to go, I've got Josephine and Millis. All three callers on the line, beginning with Jay, beginning with Josephine. Welcome to nightside, Josephine, So.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much, Morgan. I want to say a special hello to Bill and bau in Annette. I grew up with them. I grew up with Bau. I graduated with bau Winaker in nineteen seventy from Millis High School. But I've known him Bill and Bow since we've been a little little kids.
Speaker 2: Out it says Jelt to theme. But I can tell you not a Jeosphine. What's your first name?
Speaker 8: I actually I actually am. I have a very deep voice, but I'm a woman. Yeah, okay, But anyways, I wanted to tell you that I grew up with them, and I've got a great story I wanted to share. Milliss is a little Tanny town.
Speaker 2: It's small, okay.
Speaker 8: And uh and and there was this man, Frank Gobala he uh uh mister, he brought the music program to Millis and uh he you know, he's brought you know, he's taught kids how to play instruments, and uh, you see all these kids, you know, like at one point, you know, nobody was seemed to be playing instruments, and all these kids are running around with you know cases with the you know, horns and you know, violins and everything in it. So he, uh, he had this program going and probably about a year after he started it, he wanted to showcase everybody. So he put show on out of middle school. It was the old Memorial School, and of course, you know, different people played, but the real highlight of that night and just about everybody in their town with their parents were there at this school. And the highlight of the night was Bo because Bo he he wasn't so much taught how to play by by mister Goballard because Bo's father was ed Winuker, who had his own orchestra, right, and and he taught uh, you know, Bow and Bill how to play instruments since they were really young. So here's this kid, bau Winiker said, you know, we called them Bobo back in those days, but seven or eight years old. And he comes on stage and he was a finale of the night. And he played, you know, by himself midnight in Moscow with his trumpet, and he brought the roof down, I mean literally brought the roof down in that place standing ovation. That's all anybody in the entire town talked about for uh, you know, for my song ed. My father was a World War Two veteran and he just talked about Bobo every.
Speaker 4: Night at dinner.
Speaker 8: But that was unbelievable, that that that event, that.
Speaker 2: Bum bum bum bum. I'm humming it, bum bum bum bum b.
Speaker 5: U.
Speaker 2: I know the song, but I have no music. I have no music.
Speaker 5: Hey, Josephine, that that's a that's a phenomenal memory. And thank you for calling us tonight and for sharing that story. It's a fact of the story. And I remember it well. I was shaking in my head. I was shaking it. I was so nervous to be on the stage of the Memorial School, but I I got it out somehow. It was.
Speaker 8: It was phenomenal bo. I mean it was because uh, you know, nobody had ever seen anything like that, you know, And and that's all anyone talked about, you know. And and I remember that so vividly.
Speaker 4: And I, of.
Speaker 8: Course now the school is the town Hall, and I went down there to vote, and I went by that auditorium when I went to vote, and it's just it hasn't changed a bit. But I just remember that night so vividly that that was absolutely incredible. And uh. But but the other thing I wanted to say about bo and Bill in a nut are you know, besides these phenomenal musicians, they are the greatest, warmest people you ever could possibly meet, and they're so gracious if you go and see them, they they will come around at intermission, they go to everybody's table that's in the audience and they personally greet them, and they want to hear all about them, what their story is, and and they listen to you and they make you feel like you're the you know, the greatest person on the planet. But they are just such gracious people.
Speaker 2: And Joseph in what I've noticed when I've seen them, and I've seen them on a couple of occasions, they remember you. I've had them on busy I'm going to stay easily a half dozen times times over the years, somebody will start to tell a story and Bill o'bo are both will pick up the story from a certain point because they remember playing at this wedding, they remember playing at this function, they remember when somebody came to see them at Skip Jacks or the Parker House or any of the other venues that they have appeared. You mean something to them when they meet you, because you meet them absolutely.
Speaker 8: And you know, I want to say a couple of years back, we got like ten of us because I graduated with Bow in nineteen seventy, but we got ten of our classmates that graduated with Bow and we all went into Biancas that's in Brookline. It's a restaurant home by another one of our friends, him Cushman, and we went in there for brunch and they were playing in there. And do you know that Bo brought in uh their CD and he and he handed he had one for each one of us, all ten of us, and he gave us their their brand new CD. Uh and uh but you know, and Bill took pictures. Bill takes pictures of everybody, and UH is marvelous people.
Speaker 2: I just I just got this the other day. They mailed them to me and they came yesterday and I'm going to listen to them over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Well, Josephine really you just uh, you hit a grand slam with this call. Thank you so much for taking the time to be in touch with this. Of course, you know we had a lot of great experiences. Used to come over to our house all the time I did. But I know we have to move on to another call. But but happy fourth of July to you and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, Bill God and give you your mother ant a big hugging kiss for me. Okay, take care, of course we will.
Speaker 2: Bye Joseph. By Joseph. He Now, I've only got ninety seconds before I have to take a quick you the news in a couple of spots, so I'm not gonna bring Janis in just to kick your off ninety seconds later. And we've got Janet holding as well in Boston. A line open, and I'm always gonna make sure people know when there is an open line, because when I have these gentlemen on phone, traffic will definitely increase. So if you want to call in six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine ten thirty, I've got the winnakers And bo I was told that you're gonna play a little something for me I've got about a minute, so that would be a good time to let you play. I don't know what.
Speaker 5: Let's do it, Okay, you'll hear it.
Speaker 7: Okay, Love the Free and the Braid, Keith, I am that grand old.
Speaker 2: See. I know all the words to that, but but Nancy had to hit me over the head with a stick to make me stop singing.
Speaker 5: No, no, you were fine. It was great.
Speaker 2: Well, you were great, excellent rendition, perfect for this evening. And I'm now going to take.
Speaker 5: We have another one later on in the show.
Speaker 2: Oh what did you want to say?
Speaker 5: We have another patriotic song later in the show.
Speaker 2: We will do another one later on. Janet, you will be no, I'm sorry. Janes will be next, then Janet and then Louise. Here on night Side, Dan Ray is off tonight, but Bill and Bo Winnaker are going to be here until ten o'clock tonight. Time and temperature eight thirty seventy eight degrees.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on wb Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Dan is off, he's on vacation. He will return on the fourteenth of July. I'm here tonight. My name Morgan White Junior. A lot of you know me, from being a part of BZ for Good Grief almost thirty years, and I am joined by two gentlemen who have been entertaining for pretty much double that amount of time all over the country, but primarily here in New England, the Winnickea brothers, Bill and Bo, and they're on vacation. They're up in Maine. But once I called to say, guys, you want to play radio again? They said, sure, Morgan, and I appreciate the kindness because it's tired to find guests for the evening of July fourth, for a variety of reasons. You guys, ready to go back to the phone, Then let's go to Janice in Lake Placid. You're next to the night side.
Speaker 1: Hello Janie, Hi Morgan.
Speaker 9: I'm calling from Lake Placid, but I'm actually from Action Maths.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're up.
Speaker 9: Here for the fourth and you might hear some noise behind me. We're on the lawn overlooking Mirror Lake, waiting for the fireworks at nine point thirty.
Speaker 2: Fair enough.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to call and say how much I love Dylan Bow and Bo belated Happy birthday.
Speaker 5: Oh thanks so much.
Speaker 9: I can't believe the two of you are actually on vacation. I didn't think you ever took a vacation.
Speaker 5: We just started taking baking. Yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it seems like.
Speaker 9: You just go, go go, But I have studied that we have a long history with the Winnaker Band. They played at my cousin Christine and Mark's wedding, which is almost forty years ago. And then when I got married, I wanted them, but they weren't available, so we had to go with somebody else, not the big band, but not the Winnaker Band, but we when my dad loved big band music, and when we found out that the Winnakers were playing at Skipjacks at Copley, we started taking my parents there and it just became a regular routine of going there to celebrate anniversaries and birthdays. And I have two boys, and they both took up clarinet and the Winnakers they welcomed him and he would play. The older son. The younger son did it once or twice, but the older son was a regular. So we would go to Skipjacks for Sunday brunch and my son, who was eight at the time, would men carrying a clarinet and Bill and Bo would be waving us in and so excited to see us. And you know, they always let Alex come up and play with them a song or two, which was wonderful because it really, you know, inspired my son to continue playing. He played for a few years through middle school, and then once Skip Jacks closed, it was very sad because we sort of lost touch with them. And it wasn't until my mom, sadly was in her mid nineties and she happened to be in rehab at Life Care Center and acting and hadley. It was about a week before she passed, actually, but I saw on the calendar that the Winnakers were going to be there in the garden one night. It was in June. It was actually seven years ago, right around this time, and so we took my dad and my mom out and my mother said, oh, they'll never recognize me, and you know what I mean, I have tears in my eyes now. I mean, they knew who my parents were. They were so excited to see us. And I know your other guest has said out you know, everyone's family or friends and they never forget you, they never do and never. It meant so much to me that night, the way they embraced us in my parents and so they were always very special to us, and you know, my because of my dad and his love for the big band music. You know, they were always so gracious to him. They played any song he wanted to hear on Sundays. But then my son got married and they had a reception at Savor in Boston, and so my husband was thinking and asking them, you know, do you need a band, and they were like, oh, we want something, you know, just small, and so he immediately looked up Bill and Bow and saw that they were playing at Niroli's and Norwood. So we took my daughter in law out there to hear them because my son works for Arsenal soccer team, so he's in London. So we knew he loved We knew he loved Bill and Bow, but we needed to get her approval, of course. So we went out for dinner last August and I had my fingers crossed under the table and she loved them, of course, and so they played at their wedding reception three weeks ago, Wow Sunday as Savor and it was phenomenal, So Billo, it was fantastic, And then the pictures they took so many pictures during the reception, and they would take pictures with polaroids. And also when we would go to Skip Jacks, they would take pictures of us and our group, and they got our address and Bill would always send the pictures out to us a couple of weeks later. I mean, wow, it is a while that having Bill and Bow at my son's reception two weeks ago, it just brought everything full circle. Not only was I happy that they were there to share, but it brought my parents in as well, and all of the memories.
Speaker 10: And the music, and I can't say enough about them.
Speaker 2: Jannie's great phone call, well, yeah, you touched our hearts so deeply with this call.
Speaker 5: Enjoy the fireworks, Happy fourth of July, and we look forward to seeing you at Nioli later this summer.
Speaker 9: We're coming, and we're coming in a couple of weeks, and my cousins are coming to.
Speaker 3: We'll see you.
Speaker 2: Take care of the July.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Super great call. And guys, I was teasing about Nerola should have you every week, but you just do once a month.
Speaker 5: Correct, We do once a month right now, and eventually we may do more. But it just seems to work out. Well, we have a lot of other things that we have to do too, So once a month people look forward to that and we usually have a full house every time, so it's working just well.
Speaker 1: You look forward to coming.
Speaker 2: To When is your next one? Your next appearance?
Speaker 5: When will it be the twenty twenty fourth of July? Okay, and then the twenty eighth of August.
Speaker 2: Write those down people, Yeah, and we'll make.
Speaker 5: Your reservations in the supper club and it's a really fun fun night and we'll tell you really is.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you how to get to the After my next call, let me get Janet on before I have to take a break. Janet in Boston. Well, good evening to you.
Speaker 3: Good evening, gentlemen. I'm so happy to have the opportunity to publicly thank the Winnakers for just creating a wonderful memory for my mother and I many many years ago. They used to come and visit me every year in Boston. They lived in Nova Scotia, and the highlight the one thing they one thing they wanted to do every we want to go to the Parker House and have a meal. And frequently the Windakers would be performing and they enjoyed it so very much. And this particular year, when my dad arrived, I knew that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and his behavior was very unpredictable, and my mom said, I really don't think we should, you know, go, and but Dad wanted to go to the Parker House and we did. We went and we were eating the windakers were setting out getting ready and Dad got up and walked up and stood watching them, and I went to retrieve him and bring him back to the table, and he absolutely refused, and one of the musicians just you know, put his finger up and basically told me to go back and sit down, and he took my dad. He put a chair beside him, sat my Dad down, and my dad sat there through the entire performance wow, tapping his foot, clapping appropriately, smiling, and when the performance was over, brought him back to our table. And it just created such wonderful memories for my mom and I. Because Dad passed away I think about three months after that, and I did write you a note at the time, but that was many, many years ago. But it's so wonderful to be able to thank you in person.
Speaker 2: Do you guys remember this?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 5: I remembered very well. Uh, and I think we did send some messages back and forth uh after that, Yes, yes we did. Yes, Well, thank you so much for calling tonight. It really touches our hearts as well to hear this story.
Speaker 3: Oh it really we we of course my mom has passed away now also, but it created just such wonderful memories. And uh, it just gave us our dad back the way the way he was before his diagnosis. And I thank you so very much for that, and we.
Speaker 5: Love you well.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jennet, We and you and others tonight. Boy have they been powerful phone calls? Powerful feels all right? Jemmy, sure, Jiet's line is open. You want to grab it. Six one, seven, two thirty, eight, eight, eight, nine, nine, ten thirty. I'm going to take a break. When we come back from the break, tell everybody the address of Nirolis. If there's a phone number or a website, we can give that when I come back. And the next two callers, one is from California and one of some Colorado. The night with the reach of BZ and the power the drawer of the Winnakers. Good grief, what a combination that line, that was opened has been filled. Time and temperature. If you want to call in, wait till I take another phone call after these messages. Time and temperature eight forty five seventy eight degrees.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: The win Nickers are here, Bill and Bow. I'm here too, Pillian for Dan. Dan is off until the fourteen eighth of July. All next week. Dam won't be here Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Bradley j Will be here, and I'll be here Thursday and Friday. But I'm here now with Bill and Bow Winnaker. And let's go right back to the phones. We're going to go to Louise in San Francisco. Good evening, Louise.
Speaker 10: Oh, Hi, Hi Morgan.
Speaker 11: How are you? Thank you for having Dylan Beau on this evening? I am, first of all, I wanted to thank Bill and Beau for making so many people's lives happy all these years with your great music and your sensitivity to your audience. It's just so inspiring. Bo and I were at New England Conservatory together and we actually dated back in the dark ages, and he was always such a wonderful person and I remember the great relationship he had with Bill, and how wonderful his family was. I had the great four of hearing the band and the three of them before them together they were just also wonderful and inspiring. So I just wanted to call in and say, I think if you often, I remember how beautifully both played my funny Valentine in Jordan Hall with the lucal horn solo with a big band. I think I'll never forget that.
Speaker 2: And Louise, Louise, I'm betting you two dated for however long you dated. He was a perfect gentleman throughout the relationship.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, absolutely, just the best, very sweet, sweet person.
Speaker 5: Yep, Well, I'm gonna chime in here, Louise. It is just so great to hear your voice. You sound like you sounded years ago at school. You you have, you still sound like a young brilliant pianist that you were still are. Uh for sure. Uh, It's just great to hear hear your voice, And it just means the world to build in myself that you would take the time to be in touch with us tonight.
Speaker 11: Well, I wouldn't miss the opportunity, and I was so grateful to get the announcement that you're on tonight, So I just thought i'd drop in for a minute and take congratulations and that you're always in my heart and thank you for all the wonderful things you.
Speaker 2: Do, Louis. Thank you for the call.
Speaker 5: Thanks a million.
Speaker 2: And you do you live in San Francisco? Now? Are you visiting?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: No, I live in the Bay Area.
Speaker 11: I'm just south.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay. It's a beautiful city. I haven't been there in a couple of decades, but I have fond memories of being in San Francisco eating at Alioto's. Does alioto still exist on the waterfront?
Speaker 11: You know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 11: I'm not. I don't say think it does.
Speaker 3: I have to check that out.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: It was delicious seafood from what I recall, Louise. Thank you again for calling and tell.
Speaker 11: Me about.
Speaker 5: Louise. If you comeing, make sure you let.
Speaker 11: Us know absolutely I can. I will contact you and I'll look forward to staying in touch. Sending a big.
Speaker 5: Hug, thank you so much, bye bye.
Speaker 11: Thanks, Thanks, Morgan and Fight You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Before I take Kathleen in Colorado, I promised you guys would tell everybody how to find Neroli's.
Speaker 5: Sure Well Nroley is located at two eighty two Washington Street in Westwood, Massachusetts. The phone number for the restaurant is seventy eight one three seven five two five nine four. Now it's very important that when you call to make the reservation, you tell them that you want to make the reservation for the supper club. Uh, it's a room in the back of the restaurant. We've had some folks just make reservations for the restaurant and they end up in another room and then they call the next day and they said, well, we came and had a great meal, but we never heard you. So make sure you make the reservation for the supper club.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: It's just a fantastic place. The food is wonderful. The number one more time is seven eight one three seven five two five nine four, and the restaurant's located at two eighty two Washington Street and Westwood, mass You won't be disappointed. I promise. We're there on the twenty fourth of July and the twenty eighth of August.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to give my phone numbers here because we just clayed a line six one seven two, five, four, ten, thirty, eight, eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty use either of those numbers that will get you on. Shane is producing tonight. Rob is off, but Shane is here, and Rob gave him all the pointers of producing for Nightside because Shane produces for me on Saturday night. But producing the Morgan Show is nowhere near as difficult as producing Nightside, much more to it, and Shane's doing an excellent job. So now let's go to Colorado and speak to Kathleen. Kathleen, you're next here on Nightside.
Speaker 10: Hi, good evening. How are you all doing?
Speaker 5: We're fine.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to remember when I first met you, guys, and I'm trying to think Lucy's here too, Hi, trying to think that it might have been the last of.
Speaker 5: Us, probably, So.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kathleen, who's there with Kathleen? Who's there with you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we moved Boston.
Speaker 2: What's her name again, Kathleen. What's your daughter's name again?
Speaker 10: Lizzy?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 2: Did you say Lizzie or Lucy? Okay, there you go.
Speaker 10: Well, it's nice to talk with you.
Speaker 2: Well, don't go away so quickly, guys, do you remember this mother and daughter?
Speaker 5: Okay? We know them very very well, and it's great of you guys to call.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 10: I got your email this morning, and you know, it's fourth of July, but it's not even dark out here, so sort of in between events. We actually have a parade this on fourth of July because it's too cold to have it a Memorial Day, so it's it's a nice place. And I miss you guys. I miss the old days. And I haven't heard of Boston accent in a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh we miss you too. Did you used to live in the New England area.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm from Belmont.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well there you go. And why Colorado.
Speaker 10: Because I'm a skier.
Speaker 2: Ah. I love the weather in Colorado because you can get six inches of snow on a Monday and it's sixty five seventy degrees on a Wednesday. That's just about the way the weather goes in Colorado. Am I correct?
Speaker 10: It's it's pretty wild. Yeah, we have four hundred snow a year. Bill Bow, you're not playing together the Red Sox thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the background, say that again.
Speaker 5: We were just talking about we were talking about your dad, Dick O'Connell. Yeah, you was Dick O'Connell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, keep that a secret, thank you, Kathleen.
Speaker 4: I just used to go to those roofs.
Speaker 2: Everybody remembers when he was a GM of the Red Sox back in the sixties, seventies, in into the eighties.
Speaker 10: Yeah, sixty sixty seventy seven.
Speaker 2: I think, Okay, well there you go. I bet you had great seats whenever you wanted to go to a game.
Speaker 10: Well, it was all unusual. We did have some lovely feats, but we sat next to mister Yackey and he didn't like to hear any noise.
Speaker 2: Ah well, he paid attention to his team out in the field.
Speaker 10: We weren't really allowed to cheer, but that way, why not, because mister Yackey did not like cheering in.
Speaker 4: The next box. So that was bad.
Speaker 10: So to this day, I go to a sports game and I don't cheer.
Speaker 2: If if he has had a home run, you couldn't say yeah, yeahs.
Speaker 10: Uh no.
Speaker 3: It was very quiet.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, I took the fun out of going to a game.
Speaker 4: Now, you know, those were great those those were great times for us because when the Yakies were in charge, we were playing all the Red Sox parties, some of those parties. Yesh, Yeah, we played it. Yes, Carlia Sremsky's retirement party. We played a lot of Red Sox Christmas parties at the Charles River Country Club.
Speaker 5: And I know your mother was a terrific singer. She used to sing uh with with us with this, not so much with us, but with other groups. Your mother beautiful boy.
Speaker 2: All right, guy guys, I hate to do it, but I got news knocking on the door. So Kathleen, thank you for calling in, and have a good fourth of joy out there right.
Speaker 10: Thank you. We have a drone show because we have too much fire games.
Speaker 4: Well, enjoy your drone show.
Speaker 5: Bye bye, Kathleen and Bill and Bow.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do one more hour with you two. So let me throw it to Shane and he can push buttons so we'll hear commercials and do news more. Bill and bau here on Nightside, coming up shortly time. Five excuse me, five eight fifty eight and I'm still thinking it's seventy eight degrees