Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, and morning, and welcome, welcome, Welcome, India. Is the time now for our community connection and from the city of Dewey we have Laurie is here and Laurie, my goodness sake, lots of popping in Dewey last night. So yeah, I saw this little tiny blur and I think it was you running up and down down Towner Avenue during the Heritage days.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was definitely enjoying my time help helping out Miss Carlotta and the whole crew with her today. Fun, it was fun, it was It's just cool to see how she keeps you know, it just keeps it standing each year, and it's going to get bigger and bigger.
Speaker 1: And you know, Miss Carlotta doesn't say a whole lot, she just smiles. That tells me it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: She does, she does. She did another wonderful event. I mean, for one person's dream to continue to dream, you know, someone else's decision and sell her her partners and so it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It was fun, love to be a part of it. So so proud.
Speaker 1: We've got more. If you thought that was up to now we've got more.
Speaker 3: That was a couple of weeks ago, but now time that's Halloween.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: First we have with Joe Sears at the Dewey Hotel, the historical Jewey Hotel.
Speaker 3: They're doing the Family Film Festival. So this Saturday they're showing hocus Pocus. It's a free showing that you uh, you know, if you have a concession stand.
Speaker 2: They said to you know, help out for the things that they need to provide for the hotel, you know, upkeep and of course of the movies. So helping people to the hotel get into acclimated and still blows my mind how a lot of people who live there have never been in there and so that would be a good way to keep their interest. And if that doesn't work, folloween night they have the Spooky Night at the Dewey Hotel. Showers one really send it on this end of the line.
Speaker 1: Joe is so funny.
Speaker 3: I mean, he is another great person I get to work with, so.
Speaker 1: He can bring out anybody the suspenders.
Speaker 2: This is what. So this night they're going to have the four rooms on the bottom of the each room has this, you know, not scary, but a historical ghost.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Sure, look, I guess so some talk, some don't, so that'll be fun.
Speaker 2: So it is a dollar admission, but it just also helps proceeds go to the hotel.
Speaker 3: So that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: He's also on that night in downtown will be the trunk of treat for the police Department, the Dewey Police Department's annual Trunk of Treat.
Speaker 1: That's going to be fun.
Speaker 3: I'll hand off the floss there go, there we go.
Speaker 2: It's a whole downtown on the west side of seventy five will be blocked off for all the candy that you'll possibly get.
Speaker 3: That'll be fun. So that's from sixty eight, so you've.
Speaker 2: Had the He doesn't have a time for the hotel, but sixty eight is the trunk of Treat, so it'll probably go around the same time.
Speaker 3: So go get all candy and go see Segos. I mean, what else to do. But other than that, you had.
Speaker 2: To get to November. So November second big deal to swap met Travis Miller.
Speaker 1: That's huge.
Speaker 3: That's huge, and the Trav Spiller has it every year. He's so excited. We're excited because friends off people and.
Speaker 2: Went there's hotels, so swap me out of eighty two on November second, that Saturday, someone's there.
Speaker 3: They'll be Friday's.
Speaker 2: Breakfast of course Storge breakfast, and then later on the Friends of Duty was serving hot dogs.
Speaker 3: They go right on, so I'll be there without them a dog. I'm gonna write that down. Uh yeah, so that's uh and it also helps up to slap me, so that'll be fun. That's what we're doing on Saturday the November.
Speaker 2: Next Saturday, November second, starting at eight, will be the swap meet, So you got to go down half for early breakfast or later on.
Speaker 3: You'll have some hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Later that night. You can actually go to the I believe it's the Yelks and their paddle party.
Speaker 3: I'll be there, so that's.
Speaker 2: Yes there So November I'll be there in the morning or the afternoon. The hot will be playing. Yes, I doing that. I'm going to do the battle. I want to make up baskets, which.
Speaker 3: Will be fun.
Speaker 2: In the city is letting me donate a basket to this.
Speaker 3: Cause, and so I guess I can't win that one, but uh.
Speaker 2: Mary Marty has a good one that she's made. Yes, so that's to the evening, so that'll be fun. Paddle party, another experience hanging out with nonprofity I mean more more excellent people that I get to learn from.
Speaker 3: I love this job.
Speaker 2: But also we have now for next week, so we have Halloween weekends and then we have now we have the November night at the end of the date was November ninth. Three things going on. First off, we have all our holiday open house downtown, so all the shops will.
Speaker 3: Have this special sales going on.
Speaker 2: Most shops tend but it's it's their discussion what their shop times are. So that is Saturday, November ninth. And then after that you can go to Veterans Parade at ten am. Enjoyed the parade, then after you enjoy yourself there. The barbecue cook cook Off is on the east side of Sony High, Sean Tyler.
Speaker 3: We have the other style we have. I did Wetherspoon pretty together. His do be backyard Barbecue Cookoff.
Speaker 2: He needs it in the family Festival November ninth is se Tender three and it's like I said, I'm east on Tyler. You have live music vendors and then also we have the barbecue judging, so you will have plenty to eat.
Speaker 3: On November ninth.
Speaker 2: November second, and the plenty of candy on October thirty first.
Speaker 1: Wonderful. It's always great to have you in here today.
Speaker 3: I thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you for letting us what's happening in Dewey and it gets complete somewhere between those events with thanks for coming in to this question.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got more coming up on gay one