Speaker 1: Five oh five at pety five k RC Beat Talk Station, Happy Monday.
Speaker 2: I'm the Dude May.
Speaker 1: And I'm Brian Thomas. Ho's of the ffty five KRC Morning Show. Jo just Jack or Ory belongs in the production studio and got a couple of guests lined up today. Sadly, no more no Brian James this morning. Apparently called a segment off this morning reasons unknown, but we can muddle through without him. Christopher Smithman joins the program as he does every Monday at seven twenty for the Smither Event. Former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Always appreciate his thoughts and observations. Scott Miller is going to join the program, continuing kind of a theme that we've had going on late about COVID and doctors who got had their credentials attacked and their credibility attacked when they spoke truth to power during COVID. Today, Scott Miller the most dangerous man in Washington. Apparently he got in trouble for speaking at a medical freedom rally the state Capitol in Olympia back in May of twenty twenty. He was treating his patients using alternative treatments, which actually work for his patients breathing treatments, for example, apparently described as the only provider in his area willing to help, noting that patients that were sent to the hospital died, so he spoke out against it and ended up getting in a significant trouble, had his license temporarily suspended, claimed accused of spreading misinformation. He was even asked to undergo an impatient neuropsychiatric evaluation, which he was then asked to pay for. Good figure. Scott Miller at a thirty should be a very interesting conversation. And if you're awake, spring forward. I hate this man. I hate the time change. And every time the time changes, there's all these articles and discussions over what's the point of it, what's the genesis of it? Doesn't really do anything, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Just stick with something and leave it. So just to the spring Ford, you lose an hour. It's difficult to go to sleep earlier the night before to try to get back on time. Of course I even struggled with that, so about a half hour late, get into bed last night, and then of course you know you Ford in the and it's still two thirty, but what it was one thirty is now two thirty, so you got to get out of bed. So I'm feeling a little sluggish this morning. My apologies for that. You can help out, feel free to steer the topic of conversation. If you're awake, kind of wonder if anybody's out there, Joe this morning. You think everybody's kind of sleeping in a little later than they normally do. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk and of course go with Town five fifty on AT and T phones and an opportunity or mind you had on over to fifty five cars dot com where Richard Lyon's book The DNA of Democracy and doctor James Thorpes speaking of aforementioned people who are attacked for their COVID nineteen realities. Doctor James Thorpe. Wow, man, he's gets a cold water dose reality from that guy, and he was metaphorically crucified for his being outspoken against the what we were being fed about COVID nineteen. So the books are right there, you can get a copy for yourself, and of course Tech Friday's Dave Hatter every Friday, and he mentioned I just as an aside, since I mentioned Dave had her in Tech Friday trying to steer you out of trouble. And I never scanned QR codes, and I've learned from Dave Hatter that those can be very dangerous, and apparently they're becoming more and more of a problem, and I saw this article from the Washington Times about it. Fraud investigators now say at least ten percent of the QR codes attached to online orders, restaurant tabletops, and public posts are scams. Chinese state sponsored actors are using them to target financial information that you have on your smartphone. So maybe there's a caution that you shouldn't have this information on your smart smartphone, even suggestions that you should have a burner phone, you know, a separate phone that you use just for scanning QR codes that has nothing on it. Is this the road we have to go down? Apparently, so fake code started cropping up sometime around twenty twenty two, and now they steal seventy five billion dollars a year from consumers, according to the Lexus Nexus Risk Solutions government group, which apparently works with federal agencies to try to combat these schemes and get the information out, which is really all I'm trying to do this morning. It's so easy to just scan a code and I get it, and I understand the point of why you might do it. But you got to know that that code may be nefarious. Guy named Hayward talk to a Covey CEO of these Lexus Nexus risk So it's one thing when they steal your credit card. It's completely different when they get access to your debit card through your phone. There is no way of recovering that. Remember your limited liability with a credit card purchase too rough to about fifty bucks. If you use your debit card and it gets scammed, there's no way you're going to get that money back. It's coming directly out of your bank account. There's no UCC protections for that. So just keep that in mind. It's better to use a credit card than your debit card. Just to call you guys said, the only way Americans can protect themselves is to not scan QR codes unless you're one hundred percent certain it's legitimate or here you go, use a second phone without any sense of information on it to say once scan the fake QR code can intercept a restaurant or meal payment, or install malware that locks the phone and retrieves the financial details that are on it, and before the victims can reset and wipe the device, thves already read emails and empty bank accounts. It takes only a moment in time, I guess with computers involved in this scam as well. He said, I wouldn't scan a QR code because it's impossible to tell a good from bad one, and you don't know it until it's too late. He said. My entire life is on my phone. I'd rather lose my wallet, so don't scan them. And that's the point I mean. I know the article suggests that you can do it if you're certain that it is legitimate code, but how can you be certain? Anyone can put a fake QR code literally anywhere. You cover up the one that's there, or you scrape it off and you put a substitute one there. It looks like it's the one that the grocery store, for example, or in the restaurant case, looks like the one that they have there, but someone has removed it and put their own on there. Vice president of an association, the International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators, which is a described as a California based nonprofit. They call them scams. I think every time Dave Hatter's on, he's got another issuing something or other going on out there.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 1: They can be placed on parking meters and trick a victim and the inputting the card information on the farious website, or sitting in a restaurant where you can pay by QR code, you point your camera at the payment QR and to learn that the fraudster put a fraudulent QR code over the original. Ah, what a simple easy scam to perpetrate on people. And then you're gonna get stuff landing on your front doorstep, some low cost, lightweight item, they say, even like a ping pong our back, a box of ping pong balls, postcards, fake masks, and it lands on your front doorstep. It's got a QR code on it, and because we are curious creatures, human beings will scan it just to find out what the story is on how this package and of landing on your front porch, and that's a gateway for them to get into the information on your font. BBB has warned folks, calling the scams a serious problem for victims. US Postal Inspection, a service also flagged the issues in recent months, raising and elevating awareness again, which is the point I'm bringing this up now.
Speaker 3: Just don't scan them, you know.
Speaker 1: Dave and I both talked about this, and I've always been suspicious of them, and I don't even I don't honestly, I don't even know if I have the appropriate app or whatever to scan a QR code.
Speaker 3: The parking meter thing. I've had to go to different parking places in downtown when the only thing there is a QR code. I'm not going to pay through my phone through a QR code that I don't know that is legitimate or not. According to Rob Chevelle, CEO and co founder of cybersecurity firm delete me, so, it's easy for fraudsters to find or buy people's names and their home addresses on the Internet, referring to this package scam, claiming that they well these scams are likely to grow as artificial intelligence makes it easier. Scammers place orders for their own products under the names and addresses of real people, which are often easy to obtain through public records or data broker sites. Trust me your name, address, and personal information is already out there based upon another bas a whole host of breaches that have taken place over the past five years or so. So you can trust that someone out there, some nefarious actor, has your information, which means it's easy for them to go ahead and buy up or have a product sent to you and don't be curious curiosity kill the cat or results in bank would result in bank accounts being completely raided. US Postal Inspection Service recommends people who received on wanted packages monitor their finances for signs of compromised information, change their password. For online retailers like eBay, Amazon, and st you can return, throw out, or keep the item, but should never scan the QR codes, and it's recommended the report fake codes of the Federal Trade Commission in the Postal Inspection Service. If you get any mailed items, just assume if you didn't buy something, that it is a scam and let the authorities know. You can also let Amazon know they have a vehicle for you to do that to help others avoid the problem and help Amazon stop the stuff from going out into the world. Anyhow, just a little public service announcement from the fifty five Karose Morning Show spurred on by Dave Hatter, who has brought this to our attention in prior segments. You can get the podcast or that conversation on the blog page fifty five KRCY dot com. Susie, would you please hold for a minute. I gotta take a break, but I want to hear what you have to say. I'm glad to see that you're up this morning. Stick around, folks, I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KARC.
Speaker 1: How Er iHeartRadio Musical five nineteen fifty five Krcity Talk Station. Go straight to the ponem. Susie is kinding up to hold over the break. Welcome Susie, thanks for calling this morning. Glad to know that people are up and awake in spite of the time change. Oh of course, I mean I've already gone to the airport once today. Oh wow, busy morning.
Speaker 2: It is a busy morning.
Speaker 5: I had to put this news on at least once, but I had two alarms go off, just like you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually three, Susie. To be honest with you, my main alarm clock has two ten minutes apart, two thirty two forty and then I got a backup freestanding battery operated one that I have about five minutes after that.
Speaker 6: So yeah, if it makes it feel any better, I actually woke up at one three, Oh wow, I couldn't go back to sleep.
Speaker 5: I only had to get up at three.
Speaker 7: But it's still you know what, When I know I had to.
Speaker 8: Get up, I don't sleep all the way to the alarm.
Speaker 1: Well, and actually you know it didn't. Here something I've been struggling with my entire life. Sleep cycle. There is a thing called a sleep cycle. Your sleep cycle was probably over at one point thirty if you felt like you were ready to get up and refresh enough to get up. If you went ahead and went back to sleep for another ten or fifteen minutes, when you have to wake up, you probably feel groggier and you know, less likely to want to get out of bed than you would have then you felt when you woke up early. Oh yeah, well see, that's what caffeine is for exactly. I'm working on mine, almost all the way through my thermos of coffee. So what's on your mind, is Ning, Susie? Other than the time change?
Speaker 8: Who's the guy who wrote the books about the Beverly Hill supper Club massacre?
Speaker 1: Peter Bronson wrote one, but it came at the tail end of his book about organized crime in Northern Kentucky. Okay, that's that's the most recent one. But I have had a couple of authors who wrote the other book that talked about the Beverly Hill supper Clier Supper Club fire just exclusively. So Bronson's book dealt with the history of the mob leading up to the burning down of the building, which was obviously a mob burn. But there are other books out there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and he's the one that you had a Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yep. I recommend often. Yeah, he's a terrific guy. He writes a very very just a wonderfully well researched book, and it's an easy they're usually very easy reads. You'll find it difficult to put him down.
Speaker 7: I don't know. We can talk about crazy drivers.
Speaker 1: Random musics this morning. Yeah, I know it is the other day. It's funny, just because yesterday I could not believe my eyes there were so many crazy people on the road. There's a guy in behind me. We were getting ready to get on seventy five South. If I recall crowd, it doesn't really matter. But there was a car that was going right at the speed limit. There was another guy in front of him, and there was enough space that if this guy just floored and went as fast as he could, he could jump in front of the two cars in front of me and squeeze over to the on ramp. And which is That's what he did, only to run into a car that was in front of that one, which was going the same speed. It didn't serve any purpose whatsoever. It was a really dicey move. I mean, I think people every day, occurred every single day, and it's just getting worse and worse. And while I don't mind people exceeding the speed limit near, there are times in places when you shouldn't do it, like in a thirty five mile per hour zone or going through a twenty five mile per hour zone where there are children and people walking around. That's a bad place to go fifty five. You know, it's just like Lord Almighty Susie got me on a tear this morning. I'd sir appreciate it. Be careful out there. Please. Let's see here serving as a springboard. You know, I wanted to dive into this, know the six o'clock hour, and I'll dive in more fully then I'm staring at the Democrats losing their minds. And apparently there's infighting within the Democrat Party over which stance to take go full on protest mode, activist mode, show up in town halls, raise three forms of holy hell, resist, resists, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, and every time I see that, and that's one strategy. And then they're moderates within the Democrat Party say, no, this is a sideshow. It's embarrassing. Nobody's paying attention to it. I mean very little, very few. And the messaging that you provide isn't you're just saying fight. This is like a full on extension of the Trump derangement syndrome. Just because Trump does something that you should scream and yell and fight it, including what Doge is doing. Aren't there Democrats out there that pay taxes? Does a Democrat Party really think that us paying out three hundred and twelve million dollars in loans under the PPP program to children under the age of eleven, Yeah, that's one of the things. And among all these other crazy things that we find out we've been funding and we don't know where the money actually won. And many people are emerging pointing out that this money probably didn't go to whatever program or project it was supposed to fund, but rather looped itself back to d C or otherwise never left DC to fund Democrat and progressive ideas and programs and salaries for non governmental organizations and all the other crazy craft. Does that not bother Democrats? Do you get any benefit from that? The average run of the mill, working class family that tends to vote Democrat? Are you paying taxes? And I find out those? They said it identified that the Small Business Administration granted nearly five thousand, six hundred loans for three hundred and twelve million dollars total to borrowers who only listed owner was eleven years old or younger. Fraud much no idea what the money was used for, they say, they don't know. Agency wrote, well, it's possible to have business arrangements where this is legal. That is highly unlikely for these five hundred and ninety three loans, and they here we go ready, and they all used a social Security number with the incorrect name. What else has Doge figured out right? That there are literally thousands of social securities out there, numbers out there for people over the age of one, hundred, sometimes even one hundred and fifty and even north of that. That's a perfect way to use whereat active social Security number can be used.
Speaker 3: And you mentioned last week.
Speaker 1: To have gainful employment, you need a social Security number, and if you're here illegally, you don't have one. So you take one that's on the active record, that you know doesn't belong to a real human being. And that's how it's done. Those also shared some information when it revealed that in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, the SBA issued three thousand, ninety five loans for three hundred and thirty three million dollars to borrowers. Here we go over the age of one hundred and fifteen still marked alive in the Social Security database. In one case, one hundred and fifty seven year old individual received thirty six thousand dollars in loans. Fraud much all, right?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Are Democrats against Doge for finding this out? You'd think they were if you look at the protest side of the Democrat Party, which is raging against everything the Trump machine is doing, including literally everything that Doge is involved with. I don't know how you go someplace with that message. Five twenty six coming up with five twenty seven, unless, of course, the Democrats don't pay any taxes and don't care about the fraud, which I think they should still care about even if they don't pay taxes. Stick around, we got more to talk about local stories or more phone calls are They're quite welcome here in the think of five Casey Morning shows.
Speaker 4: To coron fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Anybody else happy it's Norman Sonny for a change.
Speaker 1: Geese three seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three taco with pound five to fifty on a T and T phones. Just local stories to dive on into.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 1: Got a couple of people have died, ten others injured. This after a massive fire broke out at an East Price Hill apartment compl a duplex yesterday. Corner CINCINNTI Fire News release. They were called to the seven hundred block A Summit Avenue around one pm report of the structure fire. Within four minutes of the initial dispatch, cruise arrived on the scene and found heavy fire on the first and second floors of a three story two family home. Thank you to Aaron Valdez from the Cincinnati Inquire for providing the reporting On this several injured victims met the responding firefighters, saying some had to leap from the upper floors to get away from the fire. They also notified some of the firefighters the two individuals were still missing. Firefighters attempted to search the building, but were forced out by the growing fire and began extinguishing the fire from the exterior at that point, taking around two hours to put it under control. Once it was safe enough to end of the building, they began search for the missing individuals. After several hours, a female adult and a male infant, both dead, had been located and it's so sad. The other ten injured victims, raging in age is from three to forty eight years old, taken to the hospital. In total, twelve people were displaced by the fire, and the dollar loss has not yet been established. Fire units remained on the scene to complete the extinguishment and support the investigation. Apparently, the Red Cross and Salvation Army were also on the scene supporting the affected families and first responders. Initial assessment shows the cause was most likely accidental. The fire remains under investigation. Approximately eighty firefighters and several CINCINNTI police officers had to respond to the incident. Thankfully no injuries to the officers or firefighters that first responders. Man, would you run into a burning building? A little illustration what those folks face now to raise up for the Chaine to help someone that you don't even know, but a member of your community, just like the police department. And we have a man dead after a shooting Saturday afternoon, six hundred block of Riddle Road. That sounds familiar. Another one had just previously happened four thirteen pm Saturday, since Saint Police officers fonded the area found forty two year old Kevin Garr with a gunshot wound. He was taken to UC Medical Center, where he died. Investigation by the department's homicide unit described as ongoing. If you have any information, they would love to hear from you. Five one, three, three, five, two thirty five forty two. Eight days earlier, same general neighborhood, another man died of his shooting happened February twenty eighth and the six hundred block a Riddle Road, and that one fifty three year old Darren Williams found shot in the parking lot of the Mont Mitchell apartment complex, same neighborhood. Nan David Ferrar from the Inquiry reporting on that one again credit where credit is due. Apparently people get and JD. Van's a hard Time video shared with local WCPO on this one, claimed that Vance claimed they were following him while he was walking with his three year old daughter, but rather than ignore the protesters, Van said he decided to speak with them, in his words, in hopes that I could trade a few minutes of conversation for them, leaving my toddler alone. He wrote on acts it was mostly respectful conversation, but if you're chasing a three year old as part of a political protest, you're an S word person. Political discourse in this country has gone a spiraling downward, and it's a sad thing when politicians of both strives can't seem to get their message out with dropping an F bomber, an S bomber, some other expletive in the process. I know it's designed to provide an exclamation point and probably get more media circulation, but it lowers the level of discourse in this country. Dance posts about protests is what were they protesting? Ukraine's the situation in Ukraine you should wonder what these people have a vested interests in the Ukraine. The video soover protesters ast advanced questions regarding the war in Ukraine and Russia. Van said, we think it's in the best interests of our own people and frankly the very best interest of the Ukrainians for the war to stop. Vance also said, Russia certainly invaded Ukraine in twenty twenty two. Is that even an issue that's under dispute? This is a statement of general fact. Why was she have to acknowledge that although some say that contradicts Trump's comments on that Ukraine started the war, I don't know. I think Russian is the one that Advance, But regardless question of what we're supposed to be doing about it at this juncture, Trump merely trying to negotiate a peace and stop the slaughter of people. Five point thirty five fifty five care see the talk station stick around plenty more to talk about. Ah, the stack is stupid and it's a huge one this morning. Oh stupid Coming up next? First, QC kinetics. If you've got joint pain, arthritic pain, you know, your knees, your shoulders, your hip, wherever that pain happens to be. And you're wondering whether if you're a good candidate. I don't know. But if you answer yes to either of the following questions, then yeah, why don't you call QC Kinetics for a free consultation to find out those regeneritive therapies that they've got there can solve your pain problem like it has for tens of thousands people across the US. Is your quality of life impacted by chronic pain and your knees hip, short shoulders, or other joints got trouble sleeping or walking other things like that? Second, do you want to avoid surgery, recovery, time, PT uncertainty? I would. And finally, you missed doing things you love, picking up the grandkids, walking, golfing, something holding you back from exercising. Well, if you answered yes to any of those, you'd probably be a great candidate. So find out by exercising the opportunity to get a free consultation with QC Kinetics. To do so, give them a call five one, three, eight, four seven zero zero one nine, five one three eight four to seven zero zero one to nine One more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five krc AN iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: In this week's Marketers Report, Corey Market five forty fifty five KRCD talk station, A very heavy Monday to you, trying to make it special happy Smithlvan's gonna be up seven to twenty. I do have a giant stacker stupid here, but you can feel free to calla I'd rather talk with you five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight entery two to three talk uh with that? Uh? In more Trump arrangement syndrome. I started off morning a couple of comments on that and observations on that, full on Trump arrangement syndrome, and here it is illustrated in one of the most backcrap and saying things that I think I could come up with. Michigan State Representative Lori Polhutzki or poul Hutsky described as the chare wait for it, Joe, chair of the Michigan Progressive Women's Caucus, went to social media to let everybody know that you went and got sterilized last month because she was afraid to become pregnant in Donald Trump's America. Why are you doing that? No idea? I'll let her describe it in her own words. She made the announcement at a protest outside of Michigan Capitol Wednesday. Quote just under two weeks ago, I underwent surgery to ensure that I would never have to navigate a presidency in Donald Trump's America. I refuse. And here's here's where just the insanity manifests itself. I refuse to let my body be treated as currency by an administration that only sees value in my ability to procreate.
Speaker 3: What do you do you think she really believes that?
Speaker 12: Keep your stupid mouth shut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know why, If you don't, it will reveal that you are a complete idiot.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: The lunacy is just beyond my comprehension. I had no idea, what was fin no kidding. And you know, Trump's gonna move out of office up to the first term. This this term, he's gonna be term limited out, although with some people claim that there's a dispute over that. But now this is it, and then there'll be someone else's administration. It's still America anyhow.
Speaker 10: Don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother Tom, if you're out there, miss hearing from you. Colorado Arapahoe County a man claimed he was gay, too fat, his words, and that his genitals were too small for him to be able to sexually assault his stepdaughter. There's no flag for us amen to that. Forty four year old Brandon Robert Berg arrested in twenty twenty after his nineteen year old stepdaughter called police report that Berg had been sexually assaulting her since she was fifteen, with the most recent occurring the day prior to the telephone call. Corner of the press release of the District Attorney's Officer of the eighteenth Judicial District. In the release quote, the victim reported that she had sexual encounters with Berg in order to avoid being physically beaten and injured.
Speaker 4: Do what the.
Speaker 1: Hell detective's interview in the nineteen year old observed a four inch long scar on her back that she claimed was from Berg attacking her with a fork. Another on the back of her shoulder, which she said was a brand from a hot knife that Berg had heated on the stovetop. Release said the branding contains the initials RB, which the victim believes stood for Brandon and Rebecca, her abusers. Fifty two year old Rebecca Burg, the wife of Brandon, the biological mother of the nineteen year old victim. Police collected DNA from the victim's clothes and it was positive match for Berg, leading to the investigation questioning Berg about the abuse quote. When questioning by investigat, Berg said he was unable to have sexual intercourse due to the size of his belly fat and the small size of his genitalia. How hard is it?
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: He also claimed he had an alternative sexual orientation which made him disinterested in the conduct alleged. Despite his claims, he was convicted on three counts of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust, three counts of aggravated incest and second degree assault. Ready sentenced to eighty years to life in prison. Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking, Joe, exactly. Enjoy it, buddy. Justice can be serves quite often. It just takes too long. But there it is, right there.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 3: There's some sick people in this world, are there not?
Speaker 1: Anyway, I've got a suggestion for you looking for calm reflection, to have some calm reflection. Gate to Heaven Cemetery, Montgomery Beautiful Scenery maintains maintain this setting for the remembrance and reflection, got rolling hills, mature trees, peaceful landscape gardens with springtime coming. But it's a beautiful place for a serene moment, pause and reflect and maybe offer some prayers. They have seasonal flowers, trim lawns, reflective water features. Perfect location for that prayer and reflection, especially during this Latin season. So find some comfort and peace. And the cemetery is quiet, reverend surroundings and it is open to everyone to enjoy people of all faiths. Ministering to the tri State for over seventy seven years and honoring life on sacred ground. To learn more about this beautiful place of reflection, Gate of Heaven dot org. That's Gate of Heaven dot org.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC get ready.
Speaker 1: Jenna nine says, We've got a great few days ahead of us, assuming like sunny and warmer conditions. Sixty five under sunny skies today, down to forty two overnight with clear skies sixty eight and sunny skies tomorrow overnight little forty two with some clouds on a cloudy Wednesday. But we're going all the way up to seventy five degrees and there's no rain in the forecast. Thirty five degrees. Right now, let's get an update on traffic shock.
Speaker 13: From the UCUP Tramphing Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for wrapping by saving treatment. Learn more at U see health dot com. Clean slate on the highways for your Monday morning commute. No accidents to deal with, not even an overnight work crew in your way. South Bend seventy one currently under twenty minutes from above field zirdle until your through downtown chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC thee talk station.
Speaker 3: Coming up on five.
Speaker 1: Fifty fifty five KRC detalk station on a slightly sleepy Monday morning. Given a time change, man, I hate time change?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Anyhow, back over the stack is stupid? Go to Detroit where man accidentally shot himself in the foot while trying to kill a cockroach. Why are you doing that? Well, let's find out. According police, they say, the victim, a fifty year old man who uses a wheelchair, was attempting to kill a cockroach with his shoe. Took off his shoe and threw it at the bug to kill it. And I don't buy this, but a revolver he had hidden in the shoe fell to the ground. Upon making contact with the floor, the gun discharged and the bullet hit the victim in the foot. Whatever. Yeah, I'm not buying it either, Liam Polease said the mamaon stable condition after going to the hospital. Not buying it inconceivable. Yeah, there's that word again, and this one and beauty is subjective. Mike my submar a Submariner friend suggested that that politician who got sterilized in order to become a void becoming pregnant during the Trump administration probably couldn't find someone to procreate with, you know. And I just said, subjectively speaking, it's not that bad looking. Suppose if I wasn't, you know, taken, I told him, I said, I could get drunk enough. So there's your subjective standard. And I'm looking at a picture of two women who, by subjective standards, look not bad to me, and Craigs, you scratch your head and wonder why in the hell is it Shelley s Duframe thirty two and Rachel Resbaz twenty four couldn't go out and find someone their own age to have sex with, but these two Louisiana high school teachers now accused of having a threesome with a sixteen year old What police in Jefferson, Paris charge distrainhand high school English teachers the two I just mentioned with carnal knowledge of a juvenile, contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile in the incident and the indecent behavior and in decent behavior with a juvenile separate charge. Student sixteenth at the time, went to one of the teacher's apartments after a football game this past September. Police support said the student then began having sex with both teachers simultaneously in the early morning hours of September thirteenth. Times Picking and Reporting Police learned about the crime after the student was heard quote bragging to others students that he was having a sexual relationship with the teachers, confirming something I say almost every single time these stories make it to the news. If you're someone in the position of power and you're thinking about having sex with the juvenile, you better remember they're gonna talk about it. Jeez, Louise. People are so twisted and stupid. Local news report of the student told his peers he had made he had met with the teachers multiple times and even documented some of the encounters on video.
Speaker 3: Well, of course he did.
Speaker 1: Student now seventeen told them his The detectives say, the students now that it was seventeen, told the officers his ongoing sexual relationship with the teachers was consensual. The legal age of consent in Louisiana is seventeen years old. They should have waited, although it's still be creepy kind of police Chief Michael Glass quote, no matter what sex the victim is, everyone should be outraged. You have an educator. The responsibility is the safety and the education of children. They should have known better. Close quote. Rest Past has been a teacher for two years and is an alumni of the high school where she works Dufrain, currently in her tenth year as a teacher. Also married with three young children.
Speaker 14: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 1: Yes. Indeed, Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, a four year old child so upset after mom ate his ice cream that he called nine to one one and asked for police to come toget her.
Speaker 6: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: Speaking with a dispatcher answering his nine to one one call, quote, my mom is being bad close quote for dispatcher s multiple times for the child to explain, but he just says, come and get my Mommy mom grabbed a phone, another phone in the home before the child accidentally incriminated. Oh, this little one got the phone and he's four. She told the dispatcher, we're trying to catch him because he said he was going to call nine one one. Child said, I just told her to put her in jail, so leave me alone, mom said. Dispatcher started laughing. I ate his ice cream, so that's probably why he's calling nine one one. By the time the officer showed up, the child had changed his mind about wanting his mom to go to jail. Apparently now props to the police department on this one. They say, to try to make it up to the child, police brought him a surprise delivery of ice cream the next day community outreach and they think I could have known how to dial nine one one or the reason why you would dial one one when I was four years old. Anyhow, this has been this morning's edition of This Deck is stupid play to talk about. At the top of the hour, I'd love to hear from you if you got something to say or topic you want to talk about five one three, seven four fifty hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk Pound five fifty on eight T and T phones. We back after the news. News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not gonna be complicated, It's going to go very fast. Fifty five krs the talk station his Brian Thomas with a fifty five carre. What's doge digging out?
Speaker 2: They do?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 1: Ahow of a job sh I can't often for the latest I call it the force of super Geniuses. Fifty five krz the talk station I six or six to fifty four KRCD talk station, Happy Monday. Before you go to the phone, five one three seven fifty eight hundred eight two three talk. Did I hear that correct? Top of the ur news with the marketing campaign, Joe with the with the with the Burger place, what we know the white sauce is the right sauce. They actually said that, and they incorporated that in their marketing. Okay, let's go directly to the phone.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, we're just gonna stay out of this one.
Speaker 1: Wet's side, Jim welcome back in the morning, said I always love hearing from you, I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 15: It was all right, Brian, it was okay. I got a little miffed that the geniuses that are in this town on the left side when I went down to Corey's coffee shop Saturday to promote his business, because they the left seems to purvol I guess sent his his cronies out to tear up Corey's coffee shop as far as complaining about it, which is not a Starbucks.
Speaker 2: But the biggest thing was Jade.
Speaker 15: Vance came into town and he went for a little walk with his three year old daughter. Yeah, and these morons out there were screaming and profanities and everything else. And this poor little girl he had to hear all this, and the secret Service was there. I guess we're going to have to provide secret service for a three year old girl now when as she goes for a walk, when she comes to town.
Speaker 1: Well, I do believe that's already taken into account. When you're provided secret service protection, I do believe it extends to your immediate family. I could be wrong on that, but it wouldn't shock me. Under today's hostile climate, and what were they screaming about Ukraine. Do you think anybody in that anybody in that crowd has vested interest in Ukraine? And isn't it funny that the Left are like taking the polar opposite position of what they were like in the Vietnam War protesting the Vietnam War. Hanoy Jane and the like, just screaming and yelling about our efforts to stop the spread of Communism, as foolish as those efforts may have been with hindsight, they were the anti war party. They were the pull the plug on war. We shouldn't be funding the war, murdering babies and killing people. And now they're the party of war, which is is kind of mind boggling. Why are they the party of war because Donald Trump wants to pull the plug on our billions and billions of dollars in funding and bring an end to that bloody conflict, a conflict that you can't win without support of Western weapons, notably the United States of America and the American taxpayers who have had it up to their eyeballs funding things that they shouldn't have to fund that.
Speaker 15: You know, Brian, I think if you cornered anybody in that crowd one on one, they probably wouldn't know anything that you just talked about. I think that they just got together and said, well, we'll protest because he's in town, and you know, not that we won't get on the news, but we got a cause of disturbance because it's JD. Vance and it's an arm of Trump.
Speaker 1: It's an extension of Trump. This is an extension of the Trump Arrangement syndrome. Yes, JD. Vance is like seeing eye to eye with Trump on policies in ergo that makes him a vile, evil person. When they failed to appreciate that a lot of the things that Donald Trump and JD. Vance by as his vice president are doing, like ferreting out fraud Watsinbius benefit all Americans because we shouldn't be funding things that we can't afford to fund and don't know where the money trail's going, and that kind of thing doesn't benefit the American population in Iota.
Speaker 15: It's ridiculous. I mean, it's just totally ridiculous. And Neil Bien lastly, I checked X yesterday and just kind of kidding around would doing nothing and you know jad or Corey, he has like sixty nine hundred people have hit like on him for his coffee shop, and I think that's pretty much given pur Ball a little bit of a disturbance up on his rear, because I don't think they really appreciate the fact that this guy's going to maybe cause a little bit disturbance and both the primary and the general election.
Speaker 1: Well, and if he becomes widely known that they're piling on his independent business, small business coffee shop merely because he is a Republican running for counsel, that that's going to elevate his in the news and might serve to his benefit, because you know, any publicity is good publicity. Plus with our reaction collectively speaking to the outrage is perhaps faux outrage that is being shown in all four. I mean anywhere you turn outrage outrage ah evil Trump fight fight fight, fight, fight without really saying anything about what they stand for, you know, and it's not working. And even a bunch of Democrats within the Democrat Party, and you know, you got guys like Bill Maher pointing it out like you guys are making fools of yourselves. You better find a message that people resonate around. And thus far that rings hollow. There is no message other than because Trump's doing it, we need to fight it. And what they're then doing is supporting the unsupportable, which makes them look like clowns.
Speaker 15: Patience is a virtue, mister Thomas, and they need to have a little bit more patience.
Speaker 1: With this, I suppose, And that's many of the moderates in the Democrat Party are trying to engage in that we need to come up with a message, and I think they're going to get one in the form of inflation. Donald Trump can't magically wave a wand and stop inflation from happening. It hasn't happened yet. There are rumblings about a potential recession out there. It could happen this year. That's gonna give them a ton of ammunition. And I don't think these these tariffs, as right as they may be in terms of dealing with the tariffs that are placed on the United States. The reciprocal tariffs at least makes sense on paper. They're tariffing our stuff. Why that's that's lot, That's an unleveled playing field. So we'll do a reciprocal tariff. But if you do tariffs to try to get some other country to do something that you want to do, a retaliatory tariff that sorts a trade war, and that's going to cause the prices of goods to go up in this country, and I don't know if that's the right avenue to go down, and during the pot of descent with our friendly neighbors in Canada doesn't look good optically. There's an issue they could probably run with. I don't know how substantial it is for the American people one way or another, but you know, there are things out there that Democrats could glom onto which would make them look legitimate. But just wildly screaming fight and engaging in disruptive protests just because Trump did it, that's not going to fly well.
Speaker 15: I think it gives that lady with the I guess a lady with a purple hair or something to gripe about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And the more she's shown on television, the less it does with the Democrats themselves too.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, sathetic coming ahead.
Speaker 1: Just let it, let it happen. Everyone reacts the same way when we see that person, like what the hell am I looking at?
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 15: Lastly, Brian, they're talking about gas prices going up thirty to forty cents this week, so make sure everybody fills up early. Oh, it may happen, it may not, but that's what they're talking about.
Speaker 7: This they're going to hit us.
Speaker 15: Realistic we they're going to hit us right away.
Speaker 1: Had not heard that. I hope it's not true. Appreciate it, Jim, have a wonderful week, my friend. Thanks for calling. Let's see what Steven's got this morning. The remaining a couple of minutes we've got in the segment. Stephen, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Monday, Happy Monday to you. Brian, Thank you for having me on.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to kind of go back to the issue moving in theo Nazis and making heights because UH, here we are a month later and and Republicans continue to be silent on this issue, which really doesn't make sense. And when you think about UH last year, a similar incident with some similar outcomes happened in Nashville, and and here you had the governor come out and morally condemn neo Nazism, and you also had, UH had a Republican member of the State House in Tennessee file a resolution, and that resolution was really quite impressive, UH in its content. Yet Uh in Ohio, for up north, where you think that that that kind of response would happen, nothing has happened. And uh, it just really makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Both.
Speaker 1: I would suppose a resolution would would be worthy if there were people out there supporting the Nazis. You're heart pressed to find anyone in the news cycles these days. These stories don't have legs.
Speaker 5: But that's an assumption of we shouldn't. It's not about whether people support him, It's about principles and about the issue and the threat to community and unity in in in the Cincinnati region.
Speaker 1: That's that's really what they actually I look at it differently. That event caused unity in the Lincoln Heights community. They stepped up to the plate, they organize and uh uh folks with firearms and and and and anti Nazi signs, And that was a moment of you know, resonating within the community. We need to stand up and say something. We need to show them that we are a bigger and more equal force than they are. Yeah, I totally agree with you.
Speaker 16: However, it is the Democrats that are and when it comes to political leadership, they're the ones that are most prominent in and making their voices heard on this issue.
Speaker 5: It's not Republicans. I'm a Republican.
Speaker 16: I'm to see that from my party the leadership that is required in order to keep the community and the unity in opposition, because because otherwise silence gets interpreted complicity, and that's that's not what I party needs.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I have to observe it. Stephen, You know, I understand this. I don't know a single human being alive that is in favor of the Nazis and doesn't reject their principles, just I mean, because they're vile and stupid. But in this news cycle, and I always point out every week, at the end of the week, I've got more than a remo of paper sitting next to me from all the articles that I didn't have a chance to get to, which are worthy to speak about. Now? One rally on one bridge with eleven idiots is you know, no note worthy and newsworthy at the moment. But you know, there's so much going on in this world. At some point we got to move on and quit hanging our hats on something that happened back then, most notably, since the Nazi Party is not something that's gaining steam every time they stick their heads out. People stand up in mass unity, white people, black people, people of all political stripes, saying, you guys are a bunch of idiots. So they are uniting the vast majority of the population. They're not serving their causes any They're just showing themselves to be the idiots that they are. Appreciate where you're coming from, man, but there's only so much steam that one particular action can have, and we've got so much else going on in the world. You can't just hang onto the past. I just my take on it. We're all entitled on take. That's why I take calls here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five, eight hundred eight, two to three talks pound five fifty on eight and t phones residential electric work, you should immediately think Cullen Color Electric. Awesome electricians. They are their license of course, they're great at customer service. And if you need a service upgrade. Let's see, you got an EV and you want to get one of those EV chargers in your home. It's time for a service upgrade. And right now is a great time because, apparently, according to Andrew Cullen of color electric regulations. Code changes that were implemented last year in the spring have well driven up the cost of the service upgrade, he says through the roof. So not his fault, just the reality of it's so, why not take advantage of a twenty percent discount on new service installation for your home? That's right, twenty percent off the total job costs, which can apparently save you thousands. Power up your home sale going on right now and it lasts all the way through the end of April. By April thirtieth, take advantage of this and get twenty percent off the installation of a new panel and service entrance equipment for your home. The proportion extends to breaker panel and main service upgrades only with service of four hundred amps or less. To reach them, go to Cullenelectriccincinnati dot com, Culin Electriccincinnati dot com. Or five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC wait want keep up KRC.
Speaker 1: Detalk station in EPY Monday one hour for now. Christopher smitham with the Smith Event and I mentioned the three hundred and twelve million dollars alone that doge founds that were given to children under the PPP and Small Business Administration grants during co COVID with active social Security numbers that were assigned to the incorrect name Red Flag loans three and thirty three million dollars worth of loans given to folks over the age of one hundred and fifteen using social security numbers that were still active in the Social Security database red flag that should have been cleaned up a long time ago. And further, we got the EPA with no ability to track or conduct oversight now on more than six hundred and fifty million dollars in taxpayer funds that the Biden backed Green Group had wired two dozens of Credit Union accounts in order to remove any sense of accountability. New York based Echo Group Inclusive is the name of it. They got one point nine billion dollars last year. This is part of the EPA's twenty seven billion dollar greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund program. And as we find out more and more about this, it's impossible to track what this money was spent on. So what they did is they transferred six hundred and fifty fifty one million dollars to one hundred and eight different credit unions across twenty seven states. In Puerto Rico, Inclusive initiated the transfer. On the same day, the EPA administrator Lee Zelden, found that the Biden administration had parked twenty billion dollars in greenhouse gas reduction funds in accounts and an outside financial institution. I believe that was City Bank, which prevented the federal control and oversight of the money. Zelden ultimately froze those accounts, but this group saw that happening, so they went ahead and passed off six hundred and fifty one million dollars into all of these different credit unions. EPA Spokesmers spokesversus Mahli Veslou speaking with the Free Beacon. The pass through structure of these grants is a significant deviation from how EPA regularly conducts oversights of grantees. EPA has no visibility nor roll into understanding how these taxpayer dollars are being spent on the ground now. Traditionally, the EPA picks which projects to fund, then distributes grants directly to the developers. In this case, this Inclusive group solicited grant applications from credit unions, who then select which projects the federal funds will finance. So it works in a different way. The money goes out. The end recipient of the money then decides what it's going to spend the money on, rather than the EPA providing oversight and selecting the programs. Now, this all springs from the environmental religion that is the Green New Deal. So I find all the funds just to be well inappropriately spent. But there's no oversight. You don't know where this money is going. And people out there that are against this, at least in terms of ferreting out the fraud, waste, and abuse. Again, the Democrats are screaming over the revelations the Doge is uncovering and exposing, and you know, just just tiny amounts here and there, billions and billions here and there. And it's weird that we have to refer to billions of dollars in outlays as tiny amounts in the grand scheme of things. But we don't know where the money is going. We don't know what it's being used for. And if you believe the money is actually going out there to fund some particular program, recognize that the recipient of that money is paying salaries, So a sizable chunk of the money is going for presumably an unlimited salary, so it can make it three hundred, four hundred and five hundred thousand dollars in a non governmental organization that is supposed to be greening up the economy. Obviously that money is for their benefit. And then you know the expected and the concern is that that money is somehow then being funneled back in to support left wing causes. Tim Burchett burchet Republican representative, called this out. Reporter asked him, what about Elon's message? What do you talk to you guys about during this meeting he had with lawmakers last week. Said, you got congressmen on both sides of the isle. If they follow that paper trail, it's going to come back to them.
Speaker 3: He said, they've.
Speaker 1: Got their wife and or girlfriend working for some agency, quasi agency, or some business. I'll probably get a primary for saying that, but it's the truth and we all know it. This town's crooked as a dog's legs. Somebody's going to straighten it out. It looks like it's going to be Elon Musk. Yeah, who is getting the money? Isn't that a legitimate question to ask. And if you're really behind the green new deal in these greening projects, wouldn't you want some comfort in knowing that that money is actually getting to the right place to accomplish these quote unquote noble goals. It's not. I'm thoroughly convinced that it's not. I'm entitled to my own opinion. If you have a different one, feel free to call, or maybe you can elaborate. First of Across Country Mortgage, she get in touch with Susande Low's Camp Across Country Mortgage. Whether you're buying a new home, refinancing your existing mortgage mortgage, Suzett Low's camp with Cross Country Mortgage can and will help you. She's terrific at what she does. She urges loan applicants to insist on personal service from the perspective mortgage lender, and she'll find the right program to fit your needs. And she prides herself on quality service from requirements. Remember she's working for you, a broker with access to all kinds of different mortgage plans out there, so she's gonna work for your best interest. Veterans, you can get one hundred percent of your home value with no monthly mortgage insurance. How about that. It's good to be a veteran. No application fees, no junk fees. It's great rates at a low cost. Let Susette work for you. Two ways to reach your five one three three one three fifty one seventy six worked out great for my daughter. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six.
Speaker 3: You can go to.
Speaker 1: Email it's Suzette dot Low's camp, l s e KA NP su'st dot Low's camp at CCM dot.
Speaker 4: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Turn it out be your radio. Here's a Sean Hanned day morning Monday. I'm just funding. I can look Ken Ken Blackwell just put me in a post the other day Doze discovered Maxine Waters funneled over one million dollars in regulated funds to her daughter. And I'm sure there's some Republicans that don't have clean hands on this kind of thing going on either. It's wyly reported, you know, if you read it on the internet. According to Abraham Lincoln, it's true. I don't know, but I trust Ken Blackwell anyway. I don't think he would post something that he didn't at least fact check first. But that's a pre assumption on my part. Over to the phones. Got a couple of callers online. You can feel free to call us. Well, Dwayne, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Monday, Happy.
Speaker 10: Monday, Brian. Hey. I wanted to point out to the voters in Warren't in Hamilton County that Greg Landsman voted no in the Men and Women's Sports Act, So they just need to remember that once he starts turping his bipartisan nonsense, which he always does. And also, I had a question for you. When he was on Cincinnati City Council, was he part of them making the resolution to become a sanctuary city.
Speaker 1: Well, he voted on it while he was on council, but I don't remember what his vote was. But although you know, if I was placing a bet, I would be on the side of saying yes, he probably did vote for it, but I can't say definitively, and I don't want to put bad information out there, So probably how's that, Dwayne. I think it's a safe bet.
Speaker 10: I did want to point out he thinks men should be playing in women's sports.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you know, for those out there seeing this, somehow deprives a transgendered child from playing sports.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: You play according to your biological you know X and Y chromosome or X and X. If you think you are a guy but you were born a woman, you can compete in women's sports. No one can tell you that you can't because you're a biological woman. So there is an opportunity for you to participate in team sports and get the health benefits and even win some victories. But at least you're doing it in a competitive playing field that doesn't have a b I balance toward your gender at birth. Men have a competitive advantage, and you don't take my word for it. Look at world records in any given sport. I bet you find that very few world records when you look at women's world records versus men's world's records, that women are faster or stronger or whatever in any given sport than men. I used the fifty meter freestyle last week as an illustration. Nineteen points something seconds for the fifty meter freestyle for men, the women's world record, I believe, don't quote me. It was right at twenty three seconds, basically a three to four second difference. The best in the world in their sports and the sizeable difference in the time. Let's see what Steve's got this morning. Steve, thanks for calling the program. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Good morning. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have two things.
Speaker 7: Number one is the children's hospital refused to give Vansis surgery for a heart.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 7: And number two getting our government president say that he was going to yank the funding from facilities that operate on transgenders, which is children's hospital or transgender to their transvestite with the mental disease, quit using their words for him. Number two is Lachland with the cake or the Nazis. Uh, they're all worked up training guns, drama down community. Why where were the cops? Number one? Isn't it illegal to they can sit on the street with gun, with bullets and their guns and that's legal once they step in the back of that U haul van. I'm here with ar fifteens right through the committed phones, every one of them. Why weren't the cops chasing them or following them? Why they pull them over? Whant to see who ran them the vehicle? Why wouldn't the community follow them to their vehicle getting their lice of fate numbers and everything else? I mean it seems like a.
Speaker 1: Drama on the fifty five Morning Show. I wish people would get the memo on that one you just get I may end up having a big chunk of your conversation and your points deleted because we've got such a long delay. So don't curse. You're not doing anybody any service here and got to interrupt the content. Feel free to call if I won three seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three E talk pound Fi fifty on AT and T phones. Bud Herbert Motors. Awesome folks, Bud Herbert. I love recommending Bud Herbert to my listeners because I had such a wonderful experience out the terrible box store experience. Thank you Westside Jim Keefer for my saying Brian, just call Bud Herbert because I was lamenting the terrible situation and went through the box store on the radio. That's what I did. And I had the best pushmower delivered to me on my driveway in virtually no time. I got a Honda commercial grade push Bunar and they said it was the last one I'd ever have to buy. It's going to last so long. You are working with one of the Herbert family members telling Brian said, Hi, when you call, this is fifth generation family in an operator, and they are proud of what they do, Superior customer service. Their name is on the business. They know everything about what they sell and they only sell the best equipment John Deere, x Mark mower, Steel, Honda power equipment, and they'll put you in the right mower and you'd be glad. And they service everything they sell. I've had them over to my place to service my moor, you know, Sharpenvala Chaine oil, that kind of thing. One pull is all it takes every year. Fires right up. Bud Herbert Mootors dot com. Bud Herbertmotors dot Com. Here's the number. Please tell me Brian Sai, Hi again, you're talking to the Herbert family. Five one three five four one thirty two ninety one. Five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station, get Ready six forty.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD talk station, Happy Monday. You can give me a call if he got something to say. Five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hund two three talk Time five fifty on eight E T phone. Before you get to the phones real quick, Air, Hank, I just want to remind you Todd zendsers on the program quite often. He was a former Inspector General and he is great with following the numbers and keep in touch with the local issues that are going on here. He has a podcast. I want to encourage you to check out just free publicity for Todd because it's such a wonderful podcast, Citizen Watchdog. So wherever you get your podcasts or search YouTube for Citizen Watchdog with Todd Zenzer and Joe Strecker, the producer of the podcast. So a little shout out for Joe Strecker if you want to do a podcast. He's the man to call. Free promo for both of them, well deserved in each case. Let's see what Hank's got this morning. Hey Hank, thanks for calling the programs. Good to hear from you this morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good morning, Brian.
Speaker 12: I just wanted to mention you were talking quite a bit earlier about Heckler's heckling JD. Vans and his daughter and apparently with some obscenities, and you were also comparing it somewhat to the Vietnam War protesters. But there's a couple of important differences between this and Vietnam, one of them being the United States doesn't have fifty thousand or one hundred thousand troops.
Speaker 3: In Ukraine right now, and.
Speaker 12: Of course they're there's other similarities to the people. Forget with Vietnam. The North invaded the South. That was an invasion, just like the Russians invading Ukraine, which started honestly back in twenty fourteen under Obama.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 12: But that basically that's the comparison between this and Vietnam. It's a little bit on the thin side because really, all we've got in it mostly is money.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll acknowledge those points all day long, and you know, I know there's no clean parallel that can be drawn. But I think from a ten thousand foot perspective, if you think of the differences between the Republicans and Democrats, I can think of the Reagan administration. You know, oh my god, Reagan's gonna get us a war. Republicans a bunch of warmongers. The typical divide between Republicans and Democrats is Republicans of the Party of War and Democrats of the Party of peace. I'm pete with a broad brush when I look at Vietnam. But you did have a lot of anti Vietnam protesters screaming about war and burn babies and people killing people. And yes it was American troops on the ground. We were losing our own people, which served to legitimize that argument, because no one wants to see American soldiers die needlessly. And again, upon reflection, in hindsight, they did die needlessly because well we pulled out, much like Afghanistan. I think of the thousands of men and so yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 12: That's one thing too about Afghanistan. My son was there. He's made the comment that he felt that he wasted half his life he served in the Marines. But there was one other comment I wanted to make that I haven't heard from somebody that calls in in a while. I just wanted to say, don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 1: You're the second person this morning hack that did that. Tom is out there somewhere Mia, he may be, but his work schedule got changed. I really miss hearing from him, but yet exactly, Thank you, Hank for putting the exclamation point on the end there. Oh Man fifty five caresy dot com for podcasts. If begin is Alive s Christopher Smith Haman's coming up later in the morning show. Yeah, I'm very legitimate points, Hank, And that's why I love my listening audience. You know, they could put back on the right track if I overstayed something or I understate something. So but I still say it looks odd from a traditional party platform concept that you have a lot of Democrats that want to keep this war going, and you know Trump's efforts now are just to trying to solve the conflict and bring it to an end. And you know that just you got to be objective about it. The Russians are going to win this. Most strategists see that reality. And I don't think that are NATO friends to the extent they still are, and I understand that's a you know, a weakening thing. But going back to you know, the folks in local communities like Lincoln Heights rallying together to support their communities in the face of neo Nazis, Donald Trump's efforts to solve this problem. Since this is a problem that exists in the NATO country's own backyard, they can help fund the effort to the problem is, after so many years of US being the police force of America and the police force for most of Eastern Europe, is that they didn't fund their own militaries, They did not manufacture their own munitions, they did not build armies, and they don't have much by way of armed forces. So Trump kind of pulling the plugs forced them to wake up to this reality. Wait a minute, this is our neighborhood. We need to be able to protect our own neighborhood from these evil outside forces. So ultimately, isn't that something good that can come from this? So their independence from US? Yeah, I responded to somebody else's criticism about this, and I said, wait a second. I guess my friend from France he got he goes what the hol's going on? And I said, isn't this bringing about a more unified NATO and you guys ultimately stepping up to defend yourselves, And isn't that a good thing that you don't need to rely on us? And I ended with the point that seems so obvious. By the way, we're broke six forty six fifty five kerc DE talk station and we got a little problem going on to the south China Sea and an ever growing Chinese Communist Party military, which is a much much greater threat than one that Russia may pose. My conclusion anyway, And if you need someone to work on your HVAC system, you're in the right hands with my friends at Zimmer third generation, proud of the family name and family tradition, been helping people with their HVAC needs, keeping homes cozy and energy bills low for more than seventy five years. So HVAC issues turn to the experts at Zimmer. And maybe you need a new furnace. A warm carrier system is the right way to go as we get into summer. Carrier AC is a great unit to buy, and they of course sell and service Carrier units, but that's not the only brand that they service. So you can call them confidently knowing that they have the right skills to help you out. Plus customer services outstanding. Call Chris Zimmer five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. You can book an appointment so easily online at go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 4: That's go Zimmer fie KRC. Have you ever wondered if your pet.
Speaker 1: Is like fifty year fifty five KRC Decalk Station. Try to have happy Monday. It'll be made even happier with Christopher Smithman coming up at seven twenty. I always enjoy with Christopher has to say every Monday on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Normally do Money Monday with Brian James, but apparently Brian called it off. I'm not sure why. I hope he's all right, but uh, no Money Monday today. So I have some other opportunities to talk at eight oh five up untilate thirty with Scott Miller's book The Most Dangerous Man in Washington, another doctor that'd gotten the plug pulled on him because he spoke out about alternative treatments to COVID nineteen back when it was very boat in the same anything like that. In defiance of the narrative, Doctor Miller had his plug pulled in his credentials suspended temporarily anyway, which is on the heels of my conversation last week with doctor James Thorpe with his book Sacrifice, same kind of thing happened to him, inventor of the mRNA vaccine, and Robert Malone. You're right Joe. We talked to Robert Malone recently. We're on a tear here. Just still shocks me. All these people who are called conspiracy theorists, and in the final analysis we learned that they were right and we were being lied to. I've been kind of focusing on some of the fraud, waste and abuse and this morning, and there's so much of it that DOGE is uncovering, and they're uncovering for every taxpayer's benefit. We see the Democrats reject what DOGE is doing. I just kind of wondered, are there no taxpayers in the Democrat Party? I mentioned in the five o'clock hour anyway, flipping over to other areas of interest, and one single university, well actually kind of two still. Last Wednesday, Columbia University's Apartheid Dive vest. That's an organization, and Columbia Columbia Students for Justice in Palestine, described as the school's most anti Semitic student groups let a mom They stormed Bernard College Library on Wednesday, got inside, handed out hamas propaganda actually trying to justify the October seventh, twenty twenty three slaughter of the Israeli people, including elderly and children, demanding immediate reversal of the expulsions of three Bernard students and amnesty for all students disciplined for pro Palestine action, as well as a complete abolition of the corrupt Bernard disciplinary process. Ultimately, Bernard had allowed the police to clear the building after radicals refused to leave when a bomb threat was called in. So the bomb threat being called in allowed them to sort of justify sending the police in to get these anti Israeli well and ti Semitic people out. But just recently, the Department of Justice, Health and Human Services, and Education, along with the General Services Administration, announced that they were canceling approximately four hundred million dollars in federal grants and contracts to Columbia University because it refuses to curb anti Semitism. So this in response to that action, Secretary of Education linemic Man. Since October seventh, Jewish students have faced relentless violence, intimidation, and anti Sematic harassment on their campuses, only to be ignored by those who were supposed to protect them. Now, can you imagine a bunch of neo Nazis showed up and harassing people of color or i don't know someone who's not subscribing to the tenets of national socialism, the world would come unglued. I mean World War Two. One of the great things about World War Two is we stopped Adolf Hitler, who was responsible for exterminating He tried to exterminate an entire race of people genocide. Now, there are some people that exist on this planet know they think that that was a good idea, that genocide. Apparently, but the Trump administrations newly formed Multi Agency Task Force to Combat Anti Semitism announce this past Monday that it was probing five billion dollars worth of Columbia's federal funding. One single university is the recipient of five billion dollars in taxpayer grants. One does Columbia have the goods on a bunch of people in Washington or something they can't survive.
Speaker 3: On their own.
Speaker 1: One Columbia receives over one billion dollars in federal agency grants, accounting for nearly one fifth of its overall zero point six billion in yearly operating revenue. Trustees of Columbia's own twenty to twenty twenty four reporting provides that that information one university, you know, wonder why tuition is so On six fifty five fifty five krc DE talk station, were to talk about off top of the our news. Christopher Smithman at seven twenty. I hope you can stick her out for that. News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour, we're moving very quickly. Fifty five krc the talk station. It's seven oh six at fifty five KRCD Talk station. Monday Life and or I hate time change. Yes, I'm among the group that says pick one and just stick with it. Don't even care which one, just stick with it. Uh, most notably the spring forward. You can't go to bed at a regular time because you're on the old time, and then you got to get up because the time has changed. Oh well, coming up to Smithmen Christopher Smithman at seven to twenty, former fire mayor, the vice mayor of the city of Cincinnati. Get it out of Thomas and then Brian James Monday, Monday at eight oh five. We have some open time to talk before we hear from Scott Miller, The Most Dangerous Man in Washington, that's the name of the book. He spoke at a medical freedom rally in his state capital Olympia, Washington in May of twenty twenty. Physician he is He was providing alternative care to COVID nineteen patients using breathing treatments and he became known as one of the only providers in the area that was willing to help along those lines. It resulted his speaking out against what was going on, resulting in over one hundred and fifty complaints against him to the Washington Medical Commission, and no patients complained.
Speaker 3: Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 1: Just the message was attacked, temporary suspended from practicing medicine because of him speaking truth to power. We're on a roll here with guests on the program along those lines. You get a fifty five care seed dot com and for example, we'll get a copy of doctor James Thorpe's books Sacrifice. You should listen to what he has to say in the podcast. It's frightening stuff. And of course doctor Malone as well. That's on the podcast page fifty five care seed dot com. Didn't get a chance to listen, check it out right there. Five three seven, fifty eight hundred and eighty two to three talk get a little worried about the government shutdown? Democrats, I think are really gunning for a government shutdown this time. While they scream out of one side of the mouth about the Doge cuts to the bloated government workforce, they're going to have everybody out of a job here shortly. But the Republicans got around a continuing resolution which they released over the weekend. Text came out on Sunday, which is going to fund the government through Drummeroll Maestro September and will prevent a government shutdown which is going to take place at midnight on March fourteenth. Described as a ninety nine page stop gap funding bill continuing resolution, it is going to fund the government operations for the balance of the fiscal year. Republicans widely back it, although they are on thin ice. They need basically every single vote because we know that Democrats are going to be lockstep against it. The bill text, described as clean, contains a minimum amount of extraneous language to fund the government through the full year. This reduces spending below fiscal year twenty twenty four levels, does not include additional emergency funding, disaster declarations or policy writers that have well kind of interrupted other efforts to do stopgap funding bills that have failed so far. The Continuing Resolution text includes an additional six billion dollars for veterans healthcare, a modest increase for some defense spending, and Immigrations and Customs enforcement funding has increased slightly, described as an effort to patch operating shortfall that started under the Biden administration. They did reduce non defense spending by thirteen billion dollars below fiscal year twenty four levels, which is really an insignificant amount. It's almost not even a a well, I'll take any cutting cut I can get, But you know, when you're throwing twenty billion dollars out of the door of five minutes, and DOGE is revealing that it's going for places where we don't even know what the money's being spent on. Thirteen billion not a whole lot of money. The Continued Resolution also includes a request to recind the twenty billion dollars in IRS enforcement funding. It will continue to fund government agencies that Trump and DOGE have moved to dismantle, like USAID and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, so those have not been touched. Now they can whittle away at the amounts of those things those agencies spend, and with new administration and new leadership, they don't have to engage in the nefarious activities they engage in, but getting rid of them wholesale is going to require probably congressional action. But the CR doesn't touch them. But with the majority of the House Democrats expected to oppose it. In other words, I get what for one of an additional thirteen billion dollars in cut spending, they would be willing to shut the entire government down. Maybe they want to shut the entire government down in order to prevent dogs from continuing to do the work that it's been doing.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: Anyway, two eighteen to two fourteen majority, they need virtually every Republican and we already know Congressman Thomas Masseys and oh he regularly votes against these spending bills, apparently already announced he would vote no on a continuing resolution. So I Democrat leadership has already signaled they will oppose the CR. They had a released a deer copag letter on Friday. Quote House Democrats would enthusiastically support a bill that protects Social Security, not touched, Medicare not touched, veterans health, and Medicaid increase spending, but Republicans have chosen to put them on the chopping block and pay for billionaire tax cuts. There's that class warfare game. In spite of the fact that the tax cuts literally benefit every American taxpayer. We cannot back a measure that rips away life sustaining, healthcare and retirement benefits from everyday Americans as part of the Republican scheme to pay for massive tax cuts for the wealthy donors like Elon Musk. Medicaid is our redline. Medicaid isn't touched by the CR, nor does any other mandatory spending program. And again, it provides six million dollars in additional funding for veterans healthcare. So they I guess they should Rather than release this letter the day before the CR came out, they should have waited till it came out so they knew what was in it so their letter would sound like it makes sense. Let's see what Carl's got this morning. Carl, thanks for calling the Morning Show, and a happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 17: Happy Monday. We need doge in Cincinnati. The City of Cincinnati is presently in their budget process and as a public service announcement, they're going to be having another here the public meeting this Wednesday, that is March twelfth, at five point thirty pm at the Evanston Recreation Center. The citizens can also weigh in by attending a Cincinnati City Council meeting today subcommittee meeting at one pm, or they could also attend the meeting the full Council meeting on Wednesday at one thirty and give their opinions about where the budget should go. There seems to be a lot of waste in the new budget. I believe that the city should be concentrating on spending money on police, fire, roads, water department, and city services such as trash election. However, the budget process is more of a giveaway process. Part of the budget process is funding groups pertaining to number one the arts to economic development and neighborhood support three Environment climate change, for equity and inclusion and diversity. If there any legislature legislators out there listening to us this morning, I think that maybe they need to pass a law that say says that city should not be spending money on DEI type projects. Now, there hasn't been a lot of coverage of the budget meeting that was held last Monday, and that was kind of surprising. One of the speakers there at the budget meeting, or there were there were three speakers there at the budget meeting, and they were speaking about funding for the African American Chamber of Commerce. That group wants there four hundred thousand dollars, and mister Kearney, who is president of the African American Chamber of Commerce, broke. Of course he wants the money. And to point out who the players are, his wife, Jean Michelle Lemon Kearney, is also Vice mayor of Cincinnati. And I wonder if there might be a conflict of interest there.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking that, yes, you wonder she's.
Speaker 17: Going to be voting on this.
Speaker 1: Butdy, keep your popcorn out for that one. I think that represents a profound conflict of interest. So she has any direct connection to that outside organization, she should be precluded from voting on funding it. That doesn't sound right, man. No, I'm glad you brought it. I guess you were there at the meetings.
Speaker 17: Yes, I suppose I suggest that there be more funding on the roads. The numbers that are out there. The whole budget process is very confusing. The city actually hires a PhD, Mister Andrew Dudas, to manage the budget, and he explained things to us. They had a lot of nice lick PowerPoint presentations for us. However, they didn't include the dollar figures in any of the PowerPoint presentations for the fiscal year twenty twenty six, fiscal year twenty twenty seven budget. For the fiscal year twenty twenty five budget, they only allocated thirteen million dollars for road improvements and they were talking about improving only forty about approximately forty lane miles out of three thousand lane miles.
Speaker 1: And they're already behind the eight ball. They're years behind the eight ball and keeping up with the roads. It's a huge problem in the city. I know they've been trying to patch some of the potholes. That's just one aspect of it. There's only so much you can do with a cold winter patch. They don't last if there's is serious repaving.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so let me give you an update on potholes, well.
Speaker 3: Real quick at a time.
Speaker 17: In the second Okay, the city is patching potholes right now. That's the good news. The bad news is when they're using the cold patch, they are opening up because the crews are out there working in the weather and where we had rain and sleep last week. The palates are open up, opening up. But good news in some areas like Ridge Road, the city has actually contracted with the contractors and they are actually going in and cutting up the areas of bad asphalt and patching over those with a real.
Speaker 1: Nice aw yeah, resurfacing, which is exactly what a lot of these roads need. Sunset Avenue. I appreciate man, thank you, and thank you on behalf of all the folks in the city of Cincinnati for being at the meetings and chiming in. I think if more people got engaged, we might put it into this unnecessary outlays of cash. Two organizations that have an interest in these city taxpayer dollars. Appreciate that. Keep your popcorn out on the vote seven seventeen. Christopher Smithman's on the line waiting to unload with the smither vent Next after I went, I mentioned Peter Schbier Shabri Group of Kellor Woriam. Seven Hill is the only real estate I had the agent and team I would ever consider hiring as a buyer or sellers agent. Finding a perfect dream home does take a lot of time and energy. You know what. The Schabrie group gets that and goes out of their way to make sure you have a five star experience when they are your buyer's agents, so much so they guarantee you'll love it. It's called the love it or leave it guarantee. So in the first year of living in that house that they help you buy, if you do not love it and you want to sell it, they'll sell it for free. That's a guarantee. That's a wonderful, wonderful thing to know. Go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com call five one three seven zero eight three thousand, or if you can't remember any of that, can you remember to spell? How to spell Shabrie C H A, B R I S. Just type Shabri Group in your search engine and there you will see it and can easily contact them that way. Peter Shabrie Kelli Williams, seven Hills.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station Power.
Speaker 1: iHeart Jashy at seven twenty one on a Monday. It's that time. Always look forward to hearing from the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman with his rants and musings on topics that he decides on welcome back, Christopher.
Speaker 3: I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 2: I did. Brian, thank you so much for each week allowing me to come on. And I mean that, and you know, constantly acknowledging your father and his legacy and what he did.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, real quick, I you know I had. It was a big celebration for my fraternity over the weekend was the one hundredth anniversary of our fraternity house, and they put together a video montage was about fifteen minutes long of you know, people speaking and photographs, and my dad recorded a PM magazine segment at the fraternity house back when I was in active, So went back in the early eighties when he was on PM magazine and he and his co hosts were there and they interviewed the fraternity brothers and talked about the history of the house and blah blah blah. It doesn't matter, but they had a segment of him in there. And when I saw that, I had completely forgotten about it. And I'm telling you, man, I had an allergy outbreak because I was em seeing the event. I had to go back up on stay. That was our brother struggling fighting back the tears grea grief. Yeah, yeah, but so many memories once you were ready. Yeah, no, it was not ready. I've had forgotten about that thing ever even happening. So, oh my god, it just like brought back all these memories and it just was a real emotional thing for me. But thanks for remembering my dad. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a great He was a great man. I'm going to stay in the positive on this part a little bit.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: I was up at Saint Dominic Parish in Dale High and I was doing quote a drive through end quote ash Wednesday blessing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and uh.
Speaker 2: I went there and I was greeted by three wonderful ladies who just did a great job. As they weren't greeters. It was spontaneous, but obviously they were a part of the of the church and there was a service going on Brian Thomas, and so they told me, you know, service ended, and one of the ladies shepherded me back to Father Chris, who I didn't know at the time, introduced me. He was wonderful. He gave me the blessing of the of the of the Ashes and communion. My point in raisingness is there's so much good out there. You know, we sometimes focused on the crazy. Here are three random ladies at the door who greeted me with love and received me because I'm not a member of that parish. We prayed together. Two of them were widows, one of them not. And then their care of shepherding me back to Father Chris, which is only going to make me want to go back to that pish based on how they treated me. So I give them that love and respect and wanted to give Father Chris. And what was so much a blessing. And this is the absolute truth. As he blessed me before he bless that's me, he said, I listen to Brian Toomis, I listen to the morning show, I listen to five fifty. I love that guy, and I like your sleeve it and it's so true. All of that is so true. It was just a wonderful moment within the blessing. So my shout out is the same Dominic Parish, thank.
Speaker 1: You, amen to that, you know, not to you know, just a meant that great marketing of half of the church. Just think of it. If you treat people warmly, you embrace them, you welcome them into your home in essence, people are gonna like you and are gonna want to come back. Reminds me I opened up my remarks at that fraternity event, and I can bring this full circle. The one hundred and thirty third Psalm is our fraternity's salm, and it begins with Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity. You got that tie that binds you dwell you you are happy together. It's that fellowship concept. I always talk about it. Listener lunch. You got some great people hanging out together. It's a warm environment. Behold how good and how pleasant it is for that to happen. So Christopher will bring you right back. That's great, brother, Stick around, folks more with Christopher. I'm sure he's going to unload on something. Since he started off on a positive note, something always under his skin. But if you got a child planning to go to college, or maybe you are going to go to college's fall. It's great to be a member with Emory Federal Credit Union. Wonderful way to bank and a better way to bank than those big banks because they always offer some fun things going on, and right now it's all about your finances. A scholarship. That's right. Emory Federal Credit Union is now accepting scholarship applications for its members. Certain conditions apply. For example, you must be planning to attend a two or four year college this fall as a full time student. Certain other restrictions apply, so recommend you check it all out at EMORYFCU dot org. EMERYFCU dot org. Applications must be postmarked by the end of this month, March thirty first NMLS number four zero one zero It's seven federally insured by NCUA, Equal Housing Lender.
Speaker 3: Fifty five the talk station.
Speaker 5: Can you.
Speaker 1: Tevinine weather Sunny day today with the highest sixty five going to be clear of a nineteen to forty two, A beautiful sunny day tomorrow with the highest sixty eight, clouds over Tuesday night with a dropt of forty two and all the way up to seventy five on.
Speaker 3: Wednesday, dry and cloudy thirty four. Our time for traffic.
Speaker 13: From the UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the U S Health Comprehensive Stroke Center, it's a clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 1: Learn more at uc health dot com.
Speaker 13: Northbound two and seventy five crews continue to work with a wreck on the left shoulder that's at twenty eight in Milford's flowing traffic just a bit southbound seventy five is heavier past the Reagan Highway northbound seventy five that's beginning to build a buttermilk shot. King bram On fifty five care and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty eight here fifty five ker City talk stations that time a week, get a few segments with the former vice mayor of the city, Sin Saint Christopher Smithman.
Speaker 3: All right, Christopher, have that in, my friend.
Speaker 2: Common sense is not common And what we're going to see this week is a Democratic party who wants to shut down the federal government as we march into Friday. And their reasoning, if you just listened out of their own mouth, has to do with those which has to do with waste fraud and abuse. So you're saying, I'm going to shut down the United States federal government because I agree with waste fraud and abuse. This notion that Elon Musk is doing something that's so horrific by identifying waste fraud and abuse that you would think every Democrat in every Republican and the few Independents that are elected there would all say they are four we want to root out waste, fraud and abuse. But since common sense is in common, you're gonna have a party all sit on their hands like they did on Tuesday and say we're gonna shut down the federal government by Friday. It absolutely makes no sense. And I hope that the Republican Party unifies here and says we're not going to play into that power. Whether you're a congressional member in Kentucky or whether you're a congressional member in DC somewhere, that all of them say, we're going to be the adults in the room and we're gonna say common sense. We're gonna fall in it, even though we know it's not common. We're gonna say yes to keeping the federal government open and kicking it to the Senate. But this is an amazing moment that I never thought and never thought I would see in my lifetime, Brian Thomas, and that is political figures lining up supporting waste, fraud and abuse. It makes sense when you see congressional members wearing all pink and in the same week voting for men to compete against women in athletic sports. Look, as I've said many times, I support the LGBTQ plus community, but I do not think it is right for men to compete against women in their sports. Why would you show up in all pink, by the way, my beautiful spouse who passed away from breast cancer, why would you be using that, acting as if that's something you're for. I'm for women, I'm four girls. But then in the same week, vote against, vote against the bill that keeps men out of competing against women. Again, common sense isn't common.
Speaker 3: Brian Thomas, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: And you know your daughter's a swimmer, and I was thinking of her when I looked up the world champion fifty meter freestyle last week. World champion men's World champion record is nineteen point something seconds. I can't remember how many tents. I think it's nineteen point one zero seconds. The world champion women, a true female competing in a women's sport is like twenty three seconds. I mean that illustrates the unfair advantage the male body has over the female manage. We're talking about the highest trained, highest level in their entire sport on a global stage and there's a three second more or plus difference between men and women. That's the point. And this idea that women are you know, transgender women in other words, men who identify as women, and let's give them their due and say they'd really truly believe that that they don't have an opportunity to participate in sports, then is nonsense. They can compete against other women in the sport, just like they used to before they transitioned over to being a woman, right, you know, correct guys concrete against guys. It doesn't matter if you're a transgender male, you still have the X and Y chromosome and therefore qualify to compete in men's sport. But that does not mean because you think you are a woman, and again i'll give you say legitimately believe that, it doesn't give you the right to compete unfairly against biological women. That's just it's a question of fairness. Even Governor Gavin Newsom admitted that the other day, shocking, maybe it was mind.
Speaker 2: Blowing, Yeah, yeah, And he actually said, hey, this is a this is a conversation about fairness. It's unfortunate that he's now trying to pivot to a general election on something that's probably an eighty five or ninety percent. Most people are walking around saying, listen, I don't support men competing against girls. Are women right? We want to keep girls and women safe. That's why there are some women have gotten there and girls have gotten their teeth knocked out collegiately playing someone like hockey, playing some of these sports because they're playing against the man or the or who President Trump highlighted at a volleyball game where a young lady was almost paralyzed or is partly paralyzed from taking a volleyball directly in the face. The bottom line is, it's a common sense issue, but we're lacking common sense. And what is so amazing In the same week as we march towards Friday, is Elon Musk will be launching a rocket to the station in space to rescue astronauts and bring them back to Earth. The people that are saying he's so bad, he's not smart, he's dumb, he doesn't know anything about business. We're relying on him right now, this week, real time as they're dogging him out to bring home astronauts that have been stranded for nine months. Brian Thomas bringing them back to Earth. This is an amazing moment where you have a guy who has so much money, is incredibly smart, is identifying waste, fraud and abuse. Where the Democrats, they're probably at some of them can't think their way out of a paper bag. Are they're voting against closing our government down. While the guy there dogging and saying is not smart is literally saving our American astronaut from a station that is floating above Earth. Amazing it is.
Speaker 1: And going back to your earlier point and by so protesting defending the keeping of the fraud, waste and abuse, the not going through the Social Security Administration records of social security numbers and getting rid of people who are over the age of one hundred and fifty. It's crazy. And they found that children were getting COVID nineteen grands Christopher, including children under the age of eleven years old. They were using social security numbers that didn't match their names. Also people over the age of one hundred and fifty who got PPP loans one hundred and fifteen years old PPP loans using social security numbers that were still active in the database, although obviously did not belong to the grant recipients. Let's bring Christopher back. They're in support of that kind of thing is still going on. It's crazy ensure the safety and warmth of your home, the chimney care, fireplace and stove, winter wood burning sweep and evaluation. And since the weather's warming up, you're not going to be using the fireplace, so it's a perfect time to have your chimney inspect and that's what they're going to do. And it's a special going on. Like I said, it's the Winter Special only one hundred and sixty nine to ninety nine. A full inspection, video camera inspection, a complete sweep. They'll make sure it's flowing properly, keep you safe and therefore allow you to be comfortable with the peace of mind that you need. Get yourself a carbon monoxide detector. Please, it's easy to book an appointment. They have a great showroom too if you want to get a fireplace insert or a free standing stove again. You know, with the warm weather coming, it's an ideal time to do it so you can hit the ground running when the weather gets cold again, which it may very well do again before summer it's or before the spring hits in earnest book the appointment at chimneycareco dot Com, Chimneycarecode dot com or call up until Brian said, how when you do five one three two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus of the BBB locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five krc AN iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five KRCV Talks Station. Brian Thomas talking with Christopher Smith and doing the Smither event. Some good topics so far, Christopher, or anything else on your mind this morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to just put a note in here, Brian Thomas, that Congressman Greg Lansman, you know, elected a lot of his district is Warren County. Focus in on how he votes this week on shutting down the United States government. So let's not let's not let them go quiet in the night. Let's call names out, figure out how people around us in our areas are voting on these things, like Lanceman, Congressman Landsmen, and let's hold him accountable in the election next year, right for particularly because a lot of his areas weren't county, and I don't want any confusion around where he voted.
Speaker 5: On this particular thing.
Speaker 2: I think it's a big, big sign. I want to just note that the President's addressed you know at Congress. You know, in Congress was very powerful, and the parts of it that were powerful was an illustration that the Republicans and Democrats, and in this case, the Democrats stayed in their seats while President Trump gave these wonderful American stories. This African American young man who has brain cancer, and the President said, now, you know, first we're praying for you, but we're going to give you your dream of being a Secret Service agent. And the way he hugged the head of the Secret Service when he gave him the batch was just amazing. When President Trump I identified a Latito family where their daughter had been murdered by two illegals, smashing her head in and raping her again, the Democrats in both of these occasions stayed in their seat. A West Point young man hit it to West Point. How can you not stand for a young man who's moving forward and going to one of the greatest institutions in our country, West Point and his dream is coming true. I don't understand what they're doing and many people don't. That is why common sense right now isn't common. But they can't even stand for obvious things that make sense to most Americans.
Speaker 1: Well, they've lost their way and they're coming to grips with that. You know, Trump derangements syndrome is really baked deep into there. He's been living inside their heads for free for years and years now. And they ran on it, and they got Biden elected by keeping Biden hidden in the basement during COVID and running on evil Orange Man. And they got a lot of traction with the media because the media was in their back pockets. Some people say the election was stolen. I don't have to go down that road. They had sufficient numbers of people to come out and buy into the narrative that Joe Biden was this great guy and who was the great mediator and everything was going to be fine inner Biden because he was an evil Orange man. And look what we got. We got a president who never came out of his hiding place. When he did, he'd fumble around and be incoherent and looked like an idiot on the world stage. Our economy wasn't that great. He'd got us tremendous trillions and trillions of dollars deeper in debt, exacerbating inflation. And everyone saw the reality when they pulled the plug on him. We all woke up, and I'm sure there's a lot of Democrats felt a little hurt that they were lied to for so long. Now he got members of the mainstream media coming out and saying, yeah, it was a cover up. Yeah we covered it up. I mean acknowledging that they didn't admit to and follow and report on his deteriorating conditions. As it comes to find out, every executive order he signed during his four years in office apparently was done with an electric pen as opposed to his own signature. I mean, he said out loud, I didn't stop drilling, and he didn't even realize that he had signed an executive order stopping drilling. You know, the American people did wake up, and in spite of the evil Orange Man, they were willing to take a chance with a guy who spoke common sense, was willing to crack down on the border. Look what he's done on the border. He didn't have to have a single law change. What do the Democrats keep saying? Trump and the Republicans killed was what was going to solve the border crisis. No, Joe Biden did that, and Donald Trump did the exact opposite, and we got to flow down to like ninety five or less percent of what it was before he took office.
Speaker 3: You know, how can you argue again.
Speaker 2: He sent our military there and said, listen, do your job. We're not going to have people running through gates like they were before. And if someone shoots at you, you have the power and the authority to shoot back. And so nobody's shooting at our military best down there on the border, and that's why it's dropped ninety four ninety five percent. And those who are coming across are being caught, right, So we're catching it's one hundred percent. Yeah, we've got some people who just haven't gotten the memo, but at the end of the day, they're caught, they're processed and sent right back.
Speaker 1: And he's on the winning side of that argument with the American people across political lines. You know, this isn't an rd thing. A secure border polls favorably among Republicans and Democrats. There aren't a whole lot of people out there. They're very right, the once open borders and the chaos that it has brought American cities.
Speaker 2: Well, Brian, what the Democrats try to do is say that people like you and I are against immigration. No, we're not right, They're exactly literally right. People who have immigrated here through immigration through a process, right, who've gone through the classes, have been sworn in, are all saying the same thing. Why are we letting people jump across the border the way they're doing. I came in the right way, they're coming in the wrong way. Let me end by saying this to you, Brian, Thomas Selma, Alabama. Sixty years ago, March seventh, nineteen sixty five, Bloody Sunday was shown on TV. So these were great Americans at great risk when it wasn't popular, when it wasn't easy. Just going on the Congressional floor singing we shall overcome because you were out of order and had to be removed has nothing to do with those who were marching on Bloody Sunday sixty years ago on March seventh, nineteen sixty five. These were great Americans, great patriots who had a vision for our country that said we all should be judged by the content of our character, not the color of our skin. And they said we're gonna march for equal rights down through montgomeryal and to Montgomery, Alabama. They were met there by peace officers who beat them on TV. And it was the thing that moved civil rights through where the Dixie Krats, the Democrats down in the South were voting against, they were voting against civil rights while Republicans were voting for civil rights for this country. Let's not forget our history because that was a very tough time. My father is from Birmingham, Alabama. My mother and her family are from Montgomery, Alabama, and they met at Tuskegee Institute. So this is how you say we have cred I can talk about this with certainty to tell you those were great people at great risk who could have lost their lives, and people we don't don't want to forget them, forget that day, and I wanted to highlight that for your listeners, who are great patriots themselves.
Speaker 1: Well as a black man, Christopher Smithman, we Shall overcome was the anthem of the civil rights movement.
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: So why were they singing we shall overcome on congressional floor the other day? Are they trying to connect a race message to the efforts of the Trump administration to engage in border security or cut back on government fraud, waste, and abuse. It seems to me the fraud, waste and abuse and government impacts people all American people, and then people within the black community to the white community or any other community would probably embrace the idea that maybe that would free up some money to perhaps come into their own communities for community betterment or some project that they want done, as opposed to going overseas to fund circumcisions in Zimbabwe or whatever.
Speaker 2: Congressman Al Green from Texas would not be in the seat if it weren't for those who marched on Bloody Sunday, March seventh, nineteen sixty And what they would have been looking for for him based on their sacrifice is dignity, meaning that you sit there and you applaud the institution of the presidency, You respect the process. You've got an African American young man fighting breast cancer. Hey, Representative Al Green, you stand for that. You salute that young man who's fighting for his life, who's being honored. There a Latino woman whose child has been murdered. Where was Representative Green and his humanity in that murder of that baby. My point to you is his behavior had nothing to do with Bloody Sunday sixty years ago on March seventh, nineteen sixty five. Those were real Americans who put everything they had on the line and deserved to see we shall overcome. That gave every one of those people in that room the opportunity to be there in those congressional seats, and they owed us better than that. As we went through Bloody Sunday, they owed us better than that. Common sense isn't common anymore.
Speaker 1: Excmation point Christopher Smithlan always enjoy hearing you on the program. You're always welcome here. And next Monday we'll do it again. Have a fantastic week, my friend. We'll talk seven fifty fifty five KRC talk station. And speaking of saving money is what I always always default to, trying to save money. I don't want to sacrifice on the quality of the good or service. But if I can get a good or service of equal quality for less money, I'm going for it. And that's what happens at affordable imaging services. Hospital imaging departments is going to gouge you, cost you thirty five hundred bucks for example, for an echo cardiogram. Call ahead of time, ask them and then go to Affordable Imaging Services. We can get an echo cardiogram for five hundred bucks. Needed enhancements, it's only eight hundred and those prices are comparable across the board. MRI CT scan ultrasounds thousands at a hospital imaging department MRI, for example, to Affordable Imaging Services four hundred and ninety fi bucks, CT scan four fifty without a contrast six hundred fifth getting my ct scan at Affordable Imaging coming up in April. Fingers crossed on that. But I'm saving money, so I know it's a great thing. You two can save money. Exercise your choice when it comes to your medical care. Call them up, schedule appointment and they can get you right in. You don't have to sit and fret waiting for three weeks for that imaging at the hospital five one three, seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Learn more online Affordable Medimaging dot com, fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: You have financial questions, chances are kept.
Speaker 1: Here's your Channe nine first winning one to forecast Sonny and sixty five Today Clear of a Night Out of forty two, sonny and sixty eight tomorrow, overnight low of forty two with clouds and a cloudy Wednesday, but a high of seventy five and no rain thirty three. Right now. Time for traffic.
Speaker 13: From the UCLP Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why the uc Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is clear choice for wrappingm by saving treatment.
Speaker 1: Learn more at UCHealth dot com.
Speaker 13: Highway traffic continues to build northbound seventy five and an extra five out of Erlinger into town northbound fourth seventy one. You'll need a couple of extra minutes to get across the bridge southbound seventy five extra five minutes in Albam Buckland. And there's a wreck on wes Helpton at Trenton, Oxford. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Shown fifty four to fifty five KOCITY talk station got Dave on the phones. Can see what Dave's Guy, Dave, you can find a word in this hour. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Brian, Glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Glad you're here? What's on?
Speaker 7: I was just I.
Speaker 6: Listened to the queense, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 6: I just listened to Gavin Newsom's podcast the other day and he said something very interesting. He said that the transsexual people in sports should be handled at the local level. And then in reading a bunch of articles over the weekend, the same thing was echoed. And you know, Gavin Newsom doesn't do anything without consultations with consultants. So that's their new talking point if they should be him about the local level. Well, the local level can be stymied by lawsuits because they don't have the deep pocket as a federal level, and you can't sue a federal law, but you can sue a local school district. Well that's how they're going to pack this now.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck with that. It's not a popular platform to be, you know, pushing the agenda that have. You know, male biological men competing against women does not resonate with the American people generally speaking across the board in large numbers. So if they want to run on that, then just keep your popcorn out and smile and watch them implode knock themselves out. Seven fifty five if you're coming up in sev fifty six, fifty five cares to the detalk station. What time more trying to talk. No Brian James this morning. He had to call off the Monday Monday segment. But we can talk ourselves and then we'll hear from Scott Miller, another doctor who got booted for speaking truth to power during the COVID nineteen pandemic. Scott Miller, the most dangerous man in Washington. That's at eight thirty. I'll be right back covering Trump's first one hundred days. Every day, every.
Speaker 12: Day, promises made, promises kept.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 4: This report is Scott Galloway.
Speaker 18: Says the members of DOGE should be arrested Clay Travis and Buck Sexton today at noon on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight oh five fifty five grsit the talk station. Hope you're dealing with the time change, okay, little sluggis this morning, I have to admit, but getting through it. Okay. Love hearing from you. If we got something you want to talk about, feel free to call. We've got some time since Brian James is not on the line and we're not doing a Monday Monday today. Bottom of the r Scott Miller, one of the doctors at Goudewealth attacked and had his credibility shatter because he spoke truth to power and connection with COVID. He's written a book of the Most Dangerous Man in Washington. Kind of continuing a theme here luckily lately on the fifty five KRSEE Morning show, we heard from doctor James Thorpe with his book Sacrifice last week, and I believe it was doctor Malone prior to that. All had massive problems in spite of the fact that they had amazing medical careers and credentials.
Speaker 3: Speaking truth to.
Speaker 1: Power and getting you into trouble, that's one of the things.
Speaker 3: But you know, you.
Speaker 1: Have to be able to weather the attack of being labeled something that you have no connection with. The Left is quick to just call you names and go on social media and accuse you of being a racist or what is it homophobe? When you reject the idea of of men competing against women in women's sports, somehow that you're labeled anti LGBTQ, well that's just preposterous. I mean, you may be anti LGBTQ, but when you're looking at the logic behind and going back to Smitheman's comments that we have a competitive advantage as men. It's just a biological reality. And that's where the question of fairness comes in. Willing to accept and can recognize that there are people in the world that believe they're the opposite sex. I do believe that counseling might help, but I don't believe that surgery will help. And matter of fact, I got another yet another article, you know, going the way of Europe is going, which is to reject the whole idea that surgery and hormone replacement or hormone therapy is good for young people life altering consequences. And they did studies showing that the damage done by the surgeries, post surgery, they struggle even more mightily with psychological depression and anxiety and all the mental health problems that go along with that. It exacerbates it because I guess it doesn't really change your world, It doesn't change your outcome. But you can before against or anything. But when it comes down to fundamental fairness, you have to take the whole idea out of the equation and just recognize that men are usually stronger than women. If you look at all the world records or state records, you know, in any given sport, the men's sport records are well faster or better or stronger than the women's. That is objective reality. So but I feel sorry for the gay and lesbian community. I guess to a certain degree of bisexual community. You know, you know, live your life, be who you are, have sex with, who you want to have sex with, as long as it's the consensual relationship. But the transgender part is independent of one's sexuality. I'm not against men getting married if they want to get married, because I believe in the institution of marriage and the stability it creates, the financial stability, it creates, the the ability that you have someone who you are married to that you can rely on in your time of need, in sickness and in health. Isn't it great to have a partner in your world. I don't understand the sexuality of it, but that's not for me to decide. We all have our own proclivities. We all do things in the bedroom we might might not want our neighbors to know about, but we're perfectly comfortable with it. I think that extends to the gay and lesbian community. That's fine, But what is a transgender person when it comes to sexuality. It's like it has no connection with the whole gay, lesbian, bisexual things. Those are defined based upon your sexual preference. I'm sure there are transgenders who are heterosexual based upon the X and Y chromosome or double X. Right, men who identify as women could still have sex with women if that's what they prefer. So it's an outlier in the entire discussion. I think it's just important to keep that in mind. But when it comes to fairness, they're on the advocates for this are on the wrong side of the political ledger And also, you know, I think the Democrats are wrong side of political legerm when they're going after Doge. What does Elon Musk? Why would it attack an Elon Musk dealership? Why would you spray pain and vandalize a tesla? Well, because Doge, that's why. Well, and to do that, to attack Elon Musk because he is working in this department of government efficiency and highlighting and ferreting out all the fraud, wasted abuse that harms Americans of all political stripes equally. This is wasted money. This is money that never should have been spent from a government that can't stop spending. Why are you against getting rid of that? It's illogical. Going back to Christopher Smitheman's point, common sense isn't common anymore, or at least among the loudest, squeakiest wheels in the room. And I think that's more about what it is. Their voice is amplified and heard, it's magnified. I think in large party gets magnified, and their tweets and their posts get repeated oftentimes because it represents a rather indefensible point of view, like look what this guy's saying. And Bernie Sanders is having a go at it himself. I'm not sure what he's fighting for. And this is the problem the Democrats are struggling with. Within their own party. There are a lot of activists, loud voices, screaming voices, calling for the leadership to continue this resistance, much along the lines of what Representative Al Green of Texas did and he ultimately got censured for it, standing up in the well of the Senate and holding his cane up and waving it. That's the kind of active as we need. There's a group out there called it's a progressive group called Individual They said that that's the leadership the party need. It was behavior that raised the alarm about how extremely admit this administration is extreme to what end? What topic are you referring to? But going back to Elon Musk, the only connection I can have is that they don't want any of this fraud ferreted out. They want to continue the fraud. Someone out there is getting this money, and it could very well be the organizations that are pretending to be outraged by this, the ones that are organized the protest literally anything that Doge does. Maybe they're getting a slice of the pie. Since we can't follow the money that flows out of government, huh, connect the dots maybe and further. Bernie Sanders, he has this tour he's on fighting oligarchy, doing town hall events. He went to Omaha, Nebraska in Iowa City, dressing some well, if you want to call thirty four hundred people's sizeable crowds for Bernie Sander, that's probably the most he'd been to fill a room with. But class warfare. It's all class warfare. This is Bernie Sanders entire life's built on class warfare. Attendees Wall Street, chair of the attendees, cheered his attacks on billionaires who he claimed, quote literally buy elections close quote as he heard of George Soros reed Hoffman. Just depends on whose oxes being gorgs in terms of who's buying and selling elections. We experienced that with a railroad sale. Where did all that money come from? We experienced that with the prosecutor's ratio locally, Where did all that money come from? Sanders claims that the Republican's efforts to secure trump twenty seventeen tax reforms for the long haul would provide over one trillion dollars in tax breaks to the billionaire class. However, the GOP proposal would prevent a four point five trillion dollar tax increase, harming every individual income bracket. And it's funny because he's in Nebraska and get a load of this, illustrating my point on lower taxes bring in more money to the government, regardless whether it's the state or federal government. Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds sign a bill back in twenty eighteen cutting the state's top income tax rate two six and a half from four point nine eight percent. Over the period of five years, the state beat its revenue targets, beat it got more money in so much so that Reynolds cut the rate again to a flat three point nine percent, so lower taxes benefited the state. In Nebraska, former Governor Pete Ricketts cut the top individual rate by a point to five point eight four percent in twenty twenty two, reduced the corporate rate to the same level, down from seven and a half percent down to five point eight four percent. The cuts returned nine hundred and forty eight million dollars a year to taxpayers and a twenty twenty three Nebraska jump from forty fourth to twelfth place In an Arizona State University ranking of state job growth. Today it's at tenth place. More revenue into the government because they lower the taxes, more economic activity, a more welcoming environment, and the magnet that it always operates to bring in business and industry. New York can't compete, Illinois can't compete. If you're a business out there, do you want to go to a state that's going to charge you double digits on your income or do you want to go to a state that isn't going to charge anything? Texas Florida and have amazing budgets, lots of taxes coming in because of the might of business and indust They don't have any problem with spending. They don't have to go in the hole. They don't have to raise taxes under the idea that it's somehow going to magically cure their deficit problem. It's the exact opposite, which is the recipe for excess is for success. So I'm not sure that the broader voter base in Iowa or Nebraska, where he held these town halls, or any place elsewhere he's going to go, is going to resonate much lower taxes put smile on everybody's faces. Jay, hang on, I promise I will get your call first as soon as I return, because I want to recommend Prestige Interiors press season. Terior has been improving the way families come together in the kitchen for more than thirty years. It's John Ryan, it's his company, and it's Tim you're going to be working with. And that's a good thing because that he's the guy we work with, a real sweet guy. And of course kitchens are where families come together. I know it is in our house, and that's why I love being in our kitchen because it's so much better than the builder special we had when we first built the house chens. Kitchens require a level of customization that only come with time and experience and really getting to know your customer. And that's what John Ryan's all about. He's been remodeling kitchens again for more than thirty years. He's seen it all, big projects, small projects. You know, he got great ideas. He knows how to create better storage solutions and design and flow. Or he'll just replace your cabins and town countertops. If you want to keep things the way they are right now, you'll be You'll love what he's going he can do for you. I know I do to get in touch with him. Prestige one two three dot com. It's Prestige one two three dot com A plus. The BBB tell John, I said Hi when you call five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two.
Speaker 14: Nine fifty five KRC the talk station Cower iheard eight nineteen on a Monday, and a happy Monday to you, doctor Scott Miller, the most Dangerous man in Washington.
Speaker 1: In the next segment, five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three Taco Tom five fifty on eighteen to fifty phone just like Jay did. Jay, Welcome to the show. Thanks for holding over the break.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning, Brian. Hey just quick comment on your earlier delivery about the Doge is benefiting all Americans equally. I think I'm going to throw a flag on that. And I think what we see is that for the first time, the clarity of the contributors, the people that are paying taxes behind Doge clean up the fraud, waste and the boot abuse, the abled bodied takers, the able bodied takers such as you know, the Medicaid fraud that we've been talking about for years. They understand, they understand that if if Doge goes after the Medicaid fraud, and already I'm seeing up in Columbus the wine is talking about if the federal Medicaid is shut down, then he's finally going to have to do something about cleaning up the Medicaid.
Speaker 13: Rolls and.
Speaker 1: Get him off his butt on that one exactly.
Speaker 8: But but the point is that the main point is that's what is going on. That's why there's people protesting outside Tesla and the graffiti and the anti Doge. They have been making a full time living with the distribution of wealth from the people that are out working their asses off, so you're.
Speaker 1: Telling you they have life. And I preface some of my remarks this morning, I think I opened up the morning shows like, don't the Democrats pay taxes? Don't they realize that this is benefiting them, because any given program that they want funded might not be funded because of so much fraud, waste and abuse going out using up all the taxpayer dollars. But if you're if you're on medicaid fraud you lent lee, then you are committing a crime. You're a criminal. So it's the criminals that are against what DOJ is doing.
Speaker 8: Then ultimately, well it used to be a criminal whenever there was Obama Care had Medicaid expansion in two thousand and nine, twelve years ago, twenty ten, maybe a little bit later. That when you hear a Medicaid expansion, that means open up the doors for fraud. That's all that ever was. And you had a guest onn that was talking about that. When they go into the emergency room and they say this is Medicaid, all they can say is well okay, then and they buil it to Medicaid. And we saw the twenty five percent of the forty billion dollars ten billion is going outside of Ohio. Why because you're not allowed to ask or validate that this the person is on Medicaid.
Speaker 1: So suggesting that someone's saying that who is not truly on Medicaid yet getting medical treatment on the Medicaid program, isn't that criminal behavior? Isn't that something that is illegal? Unlawful? So going back to my point, criminals are benefiting from the expansion program.
Speaker 8: Agreed, And the only thing that we're disagreeing on is the definition. Once Obama said it's it's we're going to change the standard, then it's no longer illegal.
Speaker 1: But there are still we did, but there are still qualifications that allow you either to get it even under the expansion or not under an expansion. I'm not eligible for Medicaid, I'm not. So if I took it, then I'm engaging in behavior that is unlawful, at least in of the requisites for being on Medicaid.
Speaker 8: So these squeaky wills, this conversation is what happens when an engineer tries to go up against an attorney. I'm going to I'm going to say you're right, I'm out of moves.
Speaker 1: That's all right. It's a point well taken though. So yeah, they're trying to defend medicaid fraud and abuse. I mean, you can argue all day long into you're blue in the face if you're in favor of medicaid expansion. But that is medicaid expansion for people who are eligible. And that's that word, that pesky word that comes in, and that's what DOGE is all about. Whether or not the Medicaid expansion remains in place, there are people that are getting it that aren't eligible for it, and that comes down to a lot of state management, like you regularly point out here in the Morning Show, Jay, and I'm with you all day long. If we got rid of the fraud, waste, and abuse in our own medicaid department, I think, what do we figure out it's like four billion or ten billion dollars or something crazy like that.
Speaker 8: It's higher than that. It's forty three percent of forty billion dollars. So all we know is that the twenty five percent of it's leaving the state. So that's one bucket of fraud. So there's ten billion at least, but it's closer to twenty billion out of forty billion, well one hundred and twenty billion dollar annual budget.
Speaker 1: In my view, if it's five billion or fifty billion, it needs to be eradicated and eliminated, bettering the lives of every single human being in the state of Ohio. Not agree, let me taken.
Speaker 8: And what else we saw is that that a Republican red state like Ohio, if we have a Democrat liberal in the White House, that these red states will flip and they will go for the Medicaid expansion.
Speaker 2: They will accept the.
Speaker 8: Fraud as long as the government, as long as the federal government pays for it. So shame on all the Republicans at any a state house, shame on a governor that our principles can be flipped so easily whenever it turns into don't worry about it. We'll pay for it for the first three years, and then look how fast they can get it clean en up. When the money spickets get shut off, they found they find their morality again when the money when when we it took twelve years, twelve years, and how much what was the economic impact to Ohio over twelve years of losing twenty billion dollars a year? And what could we have had as opposed to, And that's why, so that we've got this army of people. Twenty five percent of every Ohio one is some shape or form on Medicaid. So yeah, there's going to be a violent backlash whenever they find out, Holy crap, I got to I gotta go figure out a way to make a living.
Speaker 2: That's not fair.
Speaker 8: I was told that this was my gravy train for the rest, This was my four oh one K in my life plan. So that's what we're saying.
Speaker 1: Asking merely for a work requirement or a learning opportunity. You know, there are trades out there that could sure use the labor force if they just merely enjoined one of those earn while you learn programs journeyman apprentice kind of set up quite often with a union shop, which should benefit democrats, able bodied people on the system when they shouldn't feed. There are opportunities for them if they have a work requirements. I hope they've all become taxpayers and then they can start complaining like we do about the fraud, wasted, abuse, and government.
Speaker 10: Jay.
Speaker 1: I sure appreciate your calling, my friend. Thanks for calling a twenty six fifty five K City Talk station. I'll steer in the right direction. When it comes to getting your traditionally European or Asian manufactured car service, you want to go to Foreign Exchange. That's where they'll service your car. You get a full warranty on Part ten service with a great a SC certified Master technician working on it. You will be treated like family and as long as you get along with your family, it's a family friendly environment and you save money. That's what it's all about. Saving you money. And car repairs are really expensive. If you haven't noticed, and they've gone up a lot lately, there's your inflationary pressure is taken hold. So save some of the money. Don't go to the dealer, go to Foreign Exchange. I recommend the Westchester location Tylersville exit off of seventy five, go east, hang a right on Kinglin. It's just two short streets away. Call them up five one, three, six, four six, twenty six, and when you do, please tell them. Brian Thomas said, Hi, so online, it's easy to find out a foreign X that's foreign the letter X dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC Andy Andy out of the FUILTUH.
Speaker 1: Channel nine tells us the following and you're gonna like it. If you want warmer weather, we got it. Sunny skies a day with the highest sixty five clearing up overnight down to forty two sixty eight hunder sunny skys Tomorrow overnight party cloudy in forty two and then at cloudy Wednesday. But it'll be dry and it's going up to seventy five thirty four degrees right now. Let's hear about traffic from Chuck ingwom what the U S traffic center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts.
Speaker 13: That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for wrapping by saving treatment. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. South Pound seventy five continued slow in and out of backland northbound seventy five break lunch between buttermilk and Kyle's slow again above Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Towards the lateral.
Speaker 13: There's an accident on Wooster Road at the end of the Beachmont Circle.
Speaker 1: Chucking Brown. Fifty five KRC the talk station. It's say thirty here, fifty five KRC DE Talk station are very happy Monday to you. Continuing a theme of late here in the fifty five KRCY Morning Show, we heard from doctor James Thorpe as well as well as doctor Robert Malone about their experiences speaking truth to power during COVID nineteen, had their licenses pulled, they were attacked. Welcome to the fifty five KRCY Morning Show. Scott Miller, Doctor Scott Miller, author of The Most Dangerous Man in Washington. That's Washington State, right, doctor, Yeah, I'm a.
Speaker 7: Position to sthing.
Speaker 18: Yes it was Washington State.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay. Now, you watched this whole COVID thing unfold and a lot of doctors being you know, diagnosticians or medical practitioners being diagnosticians kind of saw through the fog that we were presented. It was a one sided narrative. You couldn't you couldn't say anything against what doctor Fauci uttered. It was like God or something is the word of God, so you can't dare question it. But a lot of people did and they suffer the consequences. Can you explain to my listening audiences, you know, again obviously in brief because the're going to want to the book in detail, but what what happened to you and what were you doing that flew in the face of this this narrative that we were being sold.
Speaker 18: Yeah, first of all, the thing is almost no ended if you look at one point two million practitioners in the United States. The fact that doctor Malone, uh pure core, doctor Cory, doctor Merrick, doctor mccauff, doctor Cole. We we know their names because there's so few. I was the only one in the state of Washington that was speaking out, like actively speaking out because the consequences of doing it were so high. So there's there's so few of us that we all know each other's names, which is which is really sad. But yeah, I am I had a a I was a single owner, single provider of a pediatric medical practice. And you know, there are two things that hit really early on when in March of twenty twenty, when Fauci and when Anthony Fauci and doctor Deborah Burks were saying there's no treatment that didn't make any sense, there's or there's nothing you can do except for being afraid, stay inside and don't have grandma.
Speaker 1: And then the.
Speaker 18: Whole push when when we were told that we can't you know, we can't go to birthday parties or concerts until seven billion people are vaccinated. And then the media. You know that that should make all of us afraid of what the agenda was. So what was happening for me was I was seeing the initially the damage, the psychological and emotional damage that was happening to children when schools shut down and they were home and isolated, and this whole inculcation of fear that they were, you know, rocking vectors of death. And I started speaking out and I ended up being asked to speak at at a rally at our state capital and in May of twenty twenty, and after that things the government, the state, you know, kind of put a target on me, and so they started they started coming after me.
Speaker 1: Now, were any of your patients harmed based upon your alternative treatments? I understand you had some breathing therapies and others. You know, your observations on the front line in treating patients obviously brought to your attention that no, there are ways around this, There are treatments available. The children are not dropping dead as a consequence of getting COVID, right, I mean, you can see this in your practice every single day, which goes against the narrative being sold. Didn't other I guess since other practitioners were following Lockstep and not providing alternative therapies as options. Maybe they didn't see it.
Speaker 18: Well, nobody was doing impatient. So on March twenty twenty, everything went to went to telemedicine. I just I never closed my practice, so I wass have and kids were unaffected. If if a family, you know, if mom and dad had COVID and they were acutely ill, the kids had very mild symptoms, and if they were if they had pre existing congitions, if they were asthmatic, I would use breathing treatments. I'd give them a dose of ibermactin breathing treatments and they were better in a day or two. I mean, it would virtually unaffected children. But you know the problem is if you're not if you're not seeing people in practice, or if you're told there's no treatment, how are you And so you just followed that that kind of like lock Steps followed that, how are you going to know if you're not experimenting, if you're not you know, practicing medicine, you're not gonna know. You know, I would walk in the homes of somebody that was sent you know, like an elderly person sent homes in the hospital and I'd walk into their home and they were in acute respiratory failure, and within thirty minutes I could get there oxygen from seventy five percent on room air up to ninety ninety two percent with the therapies we were using, which is incredible, right, I mean, it's stuff like me, it's the science. So I was just following the science of you know, how do we how do we mitigate the inflammatory damage that's going on? And it was for on ten purposes.
Speaker 2: It was pretty easy.
Speaker 1: So in these therapies, you didn't invent them as a consequence of COVID nineteen. If you have a respiratory patient part of COVID nineteen, these therapies were out there and known to the medical community, were they not.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 18: My father in law is an er doctor, and I was talking to him, I like, how come the hospitals aren't using these? Yeah, and the primary things, especially early on, this is the crazy thing. We don't want to nebulize COVID. That was their thing with nebulizing. I'm like, that doesn't make any sense. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, Right, It's like I don't want to nebulize influenza. I don't want to nebulize pneumonia. You know, you need to treat the lungs. And they didn't because part of the problem was HHS. When when these patients would come in and they were diagnosed with COVID pneumonia, they couldn't for them to get full payout using remdesiviers of monotherapy. They couldn't treat with anything else, and they would get, you know, like a twenty percent extra payout in using Remdesivier's a monotherapy, and then they got it. I mean I just went through hospital records of a woman last night who had died and the shoes in the shoes in the hospital for ten days, and it paid out two hundred and ninety thousand dollars. I mean, that's a great model. That's a great business model. You know, like people living didn't pay out, people dying paid out. It was shocking the billions and billions of dollars hospitals made on people dying, and.
Speaker 1: So the hospital systems would pressure the doctors for this one size fits all money making quote unquote therapy or treatment methodology to the exclusion of other things, which clearly would have worked, thus forcing the doctors of the hypocratic oath. I mean this is they really.
Speaker 18: Don't I don't even know that they forced them.
Speaker 2: The doctors.
Speaker 18: You know when you when you're indoctrinated into double blind, randomized you know, trials, and and they run. There was something called the Recovery Study where they did different trials with different steroids, and they came up with this this steroid called dexonthi zone being the only thing that worked. Nothing else worked, And so it was adopted in every hospital in every city, in every state across the country. And every I did hospital advocacy, I'd be asked to help get people out of hoss, out of the ic you in all over the country, and every single phone call, and I probably spent I've spent over fifteen hundred hours talking to hospitals and getting getting getting people out of the ICU or off ventilators. And it's it's really not It's sadly, it's really not that hard if you can convince the doctors to move out side of that checklist that they had from the CDC. But they were just following orders. It wasn't even necessarily pressured. They were just told this is what works, and they're like, okay, like here's the study, this is what we do. It was it was like every provider in the hospital became Lemmings.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 7: It was shocking.
Speaker 18: It was it was like the news where you see the same thing disseminated across these different platforms. It was the same exact thing. Every doctor I talked to regurgitated the same exact line. Well, we just don't have enough data and we're using we're using the best you know, data and best science that we had at this time. That was it was almost verbata in every hospital.
Speaker 1: Were there not other studies out there which prove that to be well contrary to the truth that know, there are alternatives. I mean you mentioned I re met and that was labeled as oh my god, a horse d wormer. That's insane. You can't go using that. And in fact I have been used for decades apparently zero side effects and no harm. It is worthy of an effort to try it out again. Going as a diagnostician looking for the best possible outcome for your patients, you should have been in a position to be able to at least try that. Pharmacies were told they couldn't even issue a prescription for it. Scott, do we lose him? I don't know, Scott. If you can hear me, we can't hear you. There you go foron?
Speaker 2: Oh can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we can. There's a drop out there. There was noble audio coming through. Go ahead.
Speaker 16: Sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So it was July or August of twenty twenty one where the pharmacy boards came down on the farm. They put out basically kind of like HHS with the hostiles. They put out this blanket statement that pharmacists are not allowed to prescribe by vermectin if it suspected to treat COVID, which I ended up buying the equivalent of the small pharmacy so that I give it out to people in conjunction with other therapies, because you know, by delta ibermectin alone, it wasn't a monotherapy to make it go away. Once the shots rolled out, people got sicker and sicker and sicker, and it became much more difficult to treat.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 18: It's you know, I go through it in the book, just my experience of what I was seeing and how we were able to you know, anecdotal something that we used to we used to care about, Like if you have five hundred patients and you use these therapies and their symptoms went away, you'd be like, hmm, maybe maybe that's the thing. Yeah, maybe we're onto something. The hospitals, it literally didn't matter they it was it was so difficult to move the needle and getting doctors to modify their treatments. They would they would put somebody that declined mechanical ventilation, they would put them on comfort care. I mean they would. They would literally assist in their death instead of trying to literally I mean I had that happen. I mean I was on the phone as a daughter is laying over her mom as their administering medications to kill her mom instead of treating her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And ultimately, this is a money thing. I've remect in generic. It's cheap, it doesn't cost much manufacturer at least to pay for a pharmaceutical like a brand new COVID vaccine is worth a lot of money to the manufacturer. And certainly when you're when you're issuing it under emergency use authorization and you're free from liability associated with a dangers inherent in it, you're obviously going to have an incentive to push it. So it really is it to you? Does this boil down to money? Is that what this was all about?
Speaker 16: Control?
Speaker 1: Money and control?
Speaker 18: There's money that this control. If you look at if you look at how they were able to I mean I looked at it as kind of a you know, a sphase one systems test to see how they could manipulate an entire country to you know, moms and dads that own small businesses that are told they're non essential, like that word alone.
Speaker 7: Yet there's a liquor store that's open.
Speaker 18: And when you look at how they were able to manipulate and control us, and they did it. I mean I watched it happening in real time, and it's one of the reasons I went and spoke at the Capitol, trying to encourage people not just about the you know, the bioweapon that was released, but like our fundamental freedoms and rights. And it was like, don't stand up. I mean kids, you know, kids not able to go to the park or play with their friends where we're told, you know, we were told we're not able to. And my whole goal was to try and try and disseminate truth and you know, wake up my community to aggressively resist this narrative.
Speaker 2: That was happening.
Speaker 18: And the problem is it's still happening in every hospital. I was on the phone with the hospital last night until two in the morning, and fortunately beyond call doctor actually listened and we're able to adjust a number of therapies. But it's the same thing. Nothing's changed in the hospitals, apart from now being able to go in and be with your loved one, but they're still doing the exact same things.
Speaker 1: Yes, right here, Scott, right here in the city of Cincinnati, very famous hospital and it's really well respected. Children since my children's hospital refused a heart transplant because the child or the parents of the child would not allow her to get a COVID nineteen vaccine for religious reasons. And you've got to scratch your head in wonder since a COVID nineteen vactor, since children really don't succumb to the disease anyway, and COVID nineteen vaccine apparently causes heart problems. At least, it's been a lot of information demonstrating that it seems counterintuitive, but there you have it. Denying that patient a chance at life because of one vaccine.
Speaker 18: Well, and the other thing, which is it's not just sad, it's criminal. And the fact that they had to get a religious exemption because they couldn't find the doctor to give them a medical exemption, because if they granted them a medical exemption, they would come under scrutiny.
Speaker 12: Of the state.
Speaker 1: Well, and they didn't acknowledge the religious exemption. As of right now, as it stands, she's not getting the heart transplant. Nless, there's information out there that I'm not aware of. Scott Miller, the most dangerous man in Washington. The name of the book, Scott. We got your book on my blog page at fifty five caresy dot com with the link where people can get it, and I will strongly encourage them to do so. Everybody loves it. You've got five star rating across the board on Amazon. So congratulations on that, and thank you from the bottom of my heart and everyone else's your stroke. You spoke truth to power. You suffer the consequences of it, but you've been vindicated, my friend, and that's got to feel good.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's not.
Speaker 18: I would said it was something that I knew from the beginning. I'm glad, you know, I look at it. I am very grateful for the people that are now speaking out and speaking out aggressively. It's it's far. It's been far too long, yeah, or so much time has passed, and so many people have been hurt and families have been destroyed by this, but not you know, my vindication, if you can call it that, you know, I had the I was blessed to be able to treat thousands of people that were left without care, like adults and you know, moms and dads and grandparents and and you know I, you know, I was my vindication of it was I. It's super humbling to watch somebody that's in the process. You know, I took care of kids. I never thought that in my life I'd be in the be in a situation where I would be asked to save somebody's life. That's that's in the process of dying, and to be able to do it, like God just kept putting putting things in my path and people in my path to help me along the way and to restore health and lives of people. And that's being able to watch it in real time is you know, that was the vindication. If I was wrong, then a whole lot of people would have died.
Speaker 1: Exactly well, exactly put an exclamation point on it. I'll encourage my listeners to give the book fifty five krs dot com. Scott's been a real pleasure having you on the program today, and thanks for all that you have done and continue to do. Don't go away, folks, get a little.
Speaker 3: Bit more time. It is eight forty seven to fifty five KRCIT talk station.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.