Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, It is time for sign up. Are we fired up tonight or what?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely every Thursday night. I'm fired up here.
Speaker 3: I'm so fired up. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Cul COO cool, cool beans, A ry good evening crew. Ooh, someone has just had a steak. Ooh, that's one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: I have fron a nice rub slash. What or just the seasoning for steak at Walmart? And I tried it because I like the TV show and the brand is Yellowstone Steak Seasoning. And yes it's Yellowstone, just like the the brand on there. And it's actually amazing. It has a touch of dill, some garlic, some onion, margarine, thyme, salt, pepper, and just a touch of cayenne for a little bite after smoking Dad into building. God, I almost want to hit my.
Speaker 2: Sound turbo jet daw. There we go.
Speaker 1: We got some people already have a question.
Speaker 3: My favorite steak, Believe it or not. I like a good flank steak or a tomahawk also known as the cowboy Rabbi, and I prefer like in between medium rare plus. I guess it's called not quite medium but not quite medium rare because I like the internal temperature to get to where the poli and all that stuff is. And I'm going to have to try that smoking day. He goes, hell yeah, i'mahawk. And the reason why it originally was called the cowboy ribbi is because when they were on the cattle drives and the cattle would pass away, they would cut that honk out the ribbi and leave the bone on it because they didn't use the tensils on the trail, so that way all they had to do is throw it over the fire, cook it, take it off, grab it by the bone, and eat it. There's my resident Vikingspan and the guy that comes on my podcast a lot, Michael Johnson.
Speaker 1: Good, good to see you.
Speaker 3: All I have to say about the Lions game is thank god halftime has came and went, because now we get to see what Hendon Hooker looks like.
Speaker 1: Yes, even though it's preseason, football is back. You are correct. And the thing about pro preseason, especially these games now, is we're just looking to see who the backups are going to be, how people are gonna play with other people, how some of the rookies are gonna play. It's gonna be interesting season, I think, Yes, there's two games going on tonight. It's Panthers VERSUSS and Lions.
Speaker 3: I had my nickname for that other game that's playing that doesn't have the Lions involved, and it has to do with something you do in the bathroom and a ball.
Speaker 1: My goodness. And Joshua Scotty normally takes off on Thursday nights. He likes to just relax, so he gives me rain and I control the shows tonight. So go Panthers. It's the wrong Panthers, Joshua. We're not talking hockey. That was its football time. But I guess I'll watch a podcast with my favorite podcaster. Nice, yeah, Joshua, that's a little tea, am I there, come visit Texas. Reverse your beast steak you've ever had?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You haven't. You eat the steak free or something. It's a it's a steak placed on in Texas. I heard if you have they flipped the blarge of steak and if you eat the whole thing and you get it for free and a a T shirt or something.
Speaker 3: Best steaks sounded right. I get it. I knew you meant well. I knew you meant best. But I liked the idea of the steaks because I I always did the beast roast. Beast is a feast that I like the most. I'm not the grinch. And my dad, the guy that got me to be a Lion fan, just said, oh my god, I forgot the Lions were playing tonight. Mm hmm yep, A good skirt steak. I also like flank states. And the reason why I like blank states is because it's it's not as tough as like your surloins, and it's just a nice It's a nice quick sear. You can get it done in under five minutes and get your that medium rare blust the medium. And I like that type of cooking because I don't like the blood, but I like the pink.
Speaker 1: Since when did this become a cooking I mean, I like it, but you know that's kind of try a hanger steak too late for me. Good night? Oh well, good we get it.
Speaker 3: Have a good night, sir.
Speaker 1: Yes, thanks for coming on.
Speaker 3: It just become a cooking show. They started talking about states.
Speaker 1: I know, I like cooking, so I don't mind it at all. I told people on Fire Up. We talk about anything, but the show tonight is hot topics in the sports world. That's kind of fun. It's actually that blood ha ha. Girls of steaks at three am? Is at dinner or breakfast? Does it matter? Is there a wrong time to eat steaks?
Speaker 3: Take at three am? I'd call it.
Speaker 1: I'd call it hangover. Let's get I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Hangover food. Yes, that's absolutely what it is. To see the bars close at three then it would be four am hangover.
Speaker 1: We're men beer, steak and football. Okay, yes, dog check. I have to say to that. Oh, that's funny, that's funny. Okay. So let's let's what's been happening in the sports world lately. Besides let's not well we we've already started talking about NFL and preseason. Let's let's talk that. Talk about them. So how do you think the Lions are doing?
Speaker 3: Jeremy defensively, I've liked what I've seen right now. It looks like they're moving the ball. They are actually in the red zone first and ten on the nineteen Hendon hooker so far as three or four for nineteen. He's also rush for twelve yards. Craig Reynolds hasn't done much. Jamir Jefferson hasn't done much. Donovan Knight hasn't done. The nice refreshing thing is Sion Baki four rushes for twenty nine yards. That's seven point two yards per carry. But the three targets have been spread around. It's been Isaiah Williams, the UDFA that is supposed to be a special team days. He's caught two passes for eighteen yards. Caden Davis caught one for five. That's who's on the field with him right now. He's been He was demoted to the third string because he was struggling with some footwork in some mechanics. So Mark Brunell and J. T. Barrett had been working with him. And right now, considering he's three for four for nineteen and we had Nick suck Belt sunfelt I almost did it again. Uh go seven to fifteen for forty yards in a pick. Right now, I'd say he sounds like he's doing pretty good for his first NFL game action of any kind.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I'm sorry you were watching the Panthers game a little bit with the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was watching a little bit, and it's flipping back and forth to Chicago PD, but yeah, I was watching a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: Oh Is that game going.
Speaker 2: No, that's fouring seven enough In New England, nothing really happened. They interviewed. It's New England's play play by play people, so I had to listen to their That's why I have the volume off too, so you know I want to listen.
Speaker 3: It looks like it's still seven to nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're looking at Plumber. Carolina's had Plumber and now for almost the whole game, so it looks like we're looking at Jake Plumber. Yeah, Jack Jack Jack Plumber.
Speaker 1: Three year, seventy three yards and he's only got a passer rating of fifty seven point six, so he's not doing too good tonight to Bailey.
Speaker 3: And Nate Sudfeldt, who has a QBR of twenty four point two.
Speaker 2: Wow, Bailey Dappy was in the game for New England. Uh, you know they're gonna look at Milton from Tennessee. They look at him tonight. I was told, you know, Jacoby Forsett will not see action. He's their starting quarterback.
Speaker 1: No, I think they're saying, I know, I heard the Texans are going to start she c J. Stroud this week though, since he didn't start last week and Pittsburgh is gonna start.
Speaker 2: We're countering with Justin Fields can't mm hmm, yeah, we're counting with him, and uh, you'll probably see a little a lot of Kyle Allen and also, uh, that Parley kid from Central Florida, I'll see him too, Okay, because he's still with the team. He's been drafted by the UFL, So if the Steelers don't put him on a practice squad, it'll probably be we'll go to the UFL.
Speaker 1: And that game is tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is seven thirty here at Akroshuer Stadium, and uh, it's it's gonna be interesting. I'm interested to see what some of these guys look like and what's gonna happen, what's going on, you know, our new offense. I want to see what's gonna happen. Probably will be vanilla, but Arthur Smith, I'm interested to see what his offense looks like.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's the Falcons facing the Dolphins, the Texans facing the Steelers, and the Eagles facing the Ravens tomorrow all tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: There's people picked in Atlanta to win that division. Candy, you know what, I don't see where he I just I don't know. I don't see cousins to win that well, Donner, and then he got Raheem Morris as their head coach. Who's the defensive guy. I just I don't know, Maybe the second time round for Raheem Morris is gonna work out. I don't know, you know.
Speaker 1: And Michael Jackson is saying Fields.
Speaker 2: Is starting, yes, yes he is.
Speaker 1: I think I heard that Fields has been taking a lot more of the reps even Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, Russell Wilson is out with a calf injury from pulling a sled for some strange reason, our conditioning coach, who I think should be fired. Why are you making the quarterback pool a sled, especially a thirty six year old quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, than pull a sled? Okay, so I mean, you know, why are you having Russell Wilson pulling the sledge? Don't get that, you know, offensive lineman I could see, or defensive linemen, linebackers even whatever, pulling a sled or pushing the you know, the sled or whatever. I don't you know. Whatever does they do with those things? You know?
Speaker 3: And Hooker is making things happen. He's now had four carries for thirty four yards. And is leading the team in rushing and in yards per carry at eight point five with being five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carolina's offensive line don't look too good.
Speaker 3: That was the only thing that worried me about Carolina this season, because I know Dave can Allison work wonders with quarterbacks, but it was their home line. I didn't think they did enough to shore it up a lot like the reason why I think Chicago will struggle. I don't think they did enough to shore up their offensive line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you go, well, in Carolina, Jeremy, you've got that. You know, you got Bryce Young in his second season trying to rebound from that a bad uh, pretty decent last year, but not a real good one. And then on top of that, you have uh, you know, so to have a bad offensive line is not going to work. And then in Chicago you got Khaleb Williams, who, uh, I think he's gonna be running all over the place for the rest of his life. Maybe he can open up they can open up some holes from the run.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe Caleb Williams will be all right. He had the same type of offensive line at USC.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll find out, won't we.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh, Joshua Dore. That is sad news. T T Rodriguez passed today. Oh get out of here, legend golfer.
Speaker 2: Yeah mm hmm, that is sad. I'm not in the golf, but I do know him.
Speaker 3: Almost have been a penalty first and ten at the three. Oh no, it's a turnover.
Speaker 2: Who did it? Well?
Speaker 1: I can say that on Saturday, the Packers play the Browns, the Chiefs play the Jaguars. Let's see the Commanders play the Jets, Bears play the Bills, Raiders play the Vikings, forty nine Ers, Tights, Bucketeers, Bengals, Seahawks and Pargers, Saints and Cardinals. There's been a little bit of rumbling that Seattle's had some uh let's see fights actually at their practice. I mean not just even little scruffles. They're talking about taking a helmet.
Speaker 3: And dk metcalf actually got upset with a corner that showed him up and gripped the guy's helmet off and whacked them with it, what with that guardian cover on it. And you know what I think about that that that grounds for assault to be charged. Remember because Mason Screwdolph, if my scarrett.
Speaker 2: Would a connected Scarrett. Right, Yeah, I watched that game and it was just it was amazing how that happened. I mean, I was. I watched that game and I said to myself, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: As sad as Nate Sudfelt was for the Lions. The first action Drew Locke has seen since last preseason didn't go so well for him either. He was four of ten for seventeen yards and a pick, which led to a QBR, which I think is an NFL preseason low of eight point eight.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, Hooker's mobility is on display, Orlando.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Okay. Then last call on the weekend on Sunday, it's the Broncos versus the Colts and the Cowboys versus the Rams.
Speaker 2: Interesting, pretty good. I'm interested. I'm interested to see what Minnesota is going to do this year with JJ McCarthy. And I'm also interested to see what's going on with Jordan Addison because he's my bumb again. And I got another bum for Saturday. When do you see this one? Chairman?
Speaker 3: Okay, but uh, when you talk about the Rams, you you had to have heard because of their home that Matthew Stafford and his wife won't be attending because they don't want her seeing the backup quarterback.
Speaker 2: Oh my, for real.
Speaker 3: All I got to say?
Speaker 2: And what they come up with, Man, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't even read it. You guys can put it in the chap so I can read it because I can't say the name unless you guys type it out. You guys know my nickname for him.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, let's talk a little bit. I know we're not huge, huge in baseball, but we do. I gotta give it to the Chicago White Sox man for tying that record for having how many was it in a row that they lost?
Speaker 3: Twenty one?
Speaker 2: Wasn't it twenty one in a row? Yeah? Gret great size.
Speaker 3: Thank god they won that game. And it's more than just that. If they would have lost that game and kept the streak going, not only would they have set the record for most consecutive losses, they were unpaced for the most losses in MLB history in a season. Because they won that game, all they can do is tie it.
Speaker 1: Wow, can you believe? So they go on that terrible streak, they finally win one and then the next day we fired man and hitting coach and one more. It was four different coaches. It was everybody bench coach, hitting coach.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's crazy. And Grady Sizemore takes overs enter manager. I can't wait to see what the White Sox are gonna do here. You know, we'll see, we'll see what kind of move this is, Candy and Jeremy, because I'm interested to see what kind of a move are they? They could win more games and then Crady size Work could be your permanent manager. I've seen those things happen. You know, you just never know.
Speaker 3: But Ryan Sandberg has been a part of the single Higa Phillis affiliate, the Quad City Cubs, and he's actually done a good job and led them do a couple of championships. That's a guy that could start getting a call up to be like a base coach or maybe a batting bench coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bench coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Ryan Sandberg was one heck of a player for Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yes he was. And then I'll say this too, Jeremy. If you have a coach that wants to be a manager or look to get up high, bench coaches is the spot. That's where you know. Our bench coach is Don Kelly. All right, So if you know so, yeah, yeah, he was in Detroit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he played all positions in his time at Detroit. A lot of people don't realize he actually came in because of when Zamiah was hurt and we lost a couple other guys in the bullpen, right they pulled him out of right field and let him go do some throwing in the bullpen bullpen, and he wasn't doing bad. And when it got to the eighth inning of that game, he came in and shut out the side. He shut him down. So he actually wasn't a bad pitcher. He didn't have your ninety three to ninety seven mile an hour fastball, but what he did have was an eighty three mile an hour fastball in a fifty two mile an hours age.
Speaker 2: Well, they said that he uh, they said that that you know, uh, that Don Kelly is a really smart guy. I mean, I don't know him very well, but I'm told he's a very smart guy. And they interviewed him for the manager's position and then and then they went ahead and did uh you know, uh they are Sherrington. I'm sorry, Sheldon, you know, so.
Speaker 3: Baseball this is my strong suit. He loved baseball. If I had known that. Who knows, maybe next season I'll do a baseball show. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, so.
Speaker 1: Something that just came across the wire. David Bell breaks Sparky Anderson's Reds record with the thirty first career ejection. That's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go there.
Speaker 3: Why Sparky Anderson got that record is because he coached for so long and longer than Billy Martin, who had the record previous.
Speaker 2: Previous to that. Hey, you know what Leland should be up for. I mean I had Jim Leland, man, I've seen him get ejected several times all across the board.
Speaker 3: He didn't get as ejected as everybody thought, but yeah, you all iyery coach.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think he got ejected a total of twenty three to twenty five times in his career. I played college ball in Pro summer league and blew out my knee. Who's done. Yeah, I know, Michael Johnson. That's the way it usually goes for those of us that are decent at his part. We try to do something and something always gets in the way of me. It was my achilles.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You your knee. I know I have had I had a buddy. That was he was scouted for Big Ten teams to be a catcher from here in Flint, but he didn't have the grade. So he went and joined the army and started retaking high school courses while he was in and he played for the base team. And at that time, they had this fireballer there back in the late eighties playing for the post team. And the guy had one hundred and one mile an hour o'clock basketball back then. Whoa, and he missed it and it hit him. Yeah, it wasn't good. It wasn't good. That's all I got to say. All I know is every guy for four counties doubled over in pain when they saw it.
Speaker 1: Ouch ouch ouch.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, what is with these guys hitting multiple home runs in one game? Have you guys seen that? Sure, two mets Alonzo Swats Schwarber had he had his second three home run game.
Speaker 3: But we've had a lot of guys that you don't normally hear hitting home runs, hitting multiple home runs, like Wilson Perez of the Tigers that had a two home run day the other day. I mean, it's been all over the place.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It boggles my mind. But at the same time they the pictures complained about that new harder wound Mizuno fit well baseball because it carries more power, and it's kind of showing that when you've got guys that don't normally hit home runs hit multiple home runs in one game.
Speaker 2: And I also believe too, Chereman, that pitch click count. I think that pitch clock. I think is making more hitters hit more too, because the pitcher doesn't have enough time to really get himself together to pitch, you know, like he used to, you know, and stuff like that. And I believe, you know, and I've heard a lot of people say it's that pitch it's that pitch clock.
Speaker 3: Andy Dunn used to say, turn out the lates. The party's over. Thank goodness. We have a legitimate QB too.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my goodness. Yeah, the Brewers have kind of I mean, they won today sixteen to seven. They had twenty hit today versus Atlanta, and I want to say the other day they had quite a few two they had sixteen hits. Yes, this is Atlanta and they had sixteen hits for ten runs. So they've just been on a terror hitting against the Braves. I guess we wish we played the braves more often.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, if you're not going at.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay guys. Olympics are closing ceremonies on Sunday already.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah. It's been a fast, quick Olympics.
Speaker 1: It has so out of all the sports, which is the one that you followed the most and you've liked, you've enjoyed watching.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched any of the Olympics at all, I really haven't.
Speaker 3: I've metal watched and I see that USA is number one, China's number two, I believe it's Australia. It's number three France. Yeah, so I've been metal watching and it's been quite a run. I did watch some replays the Simone Bilas in her floor exercise when she went out of bounds twice, which is unheard of. But at the same time, the other girl, and she was from USA. To correct, didn't all three USA gymnasts in the floor routines medal or was it.
Speaker 4: They we got silver and bron Yeah, it was a friend of theirs though that went to some type of competition and got hurt and couldn't compete.
Speaker 3: And I'm wondering if it wasn't one of those gestures to say, hey, let's give this girl or flowers. She did a good routine because both of those girls made minor mental mistakes they normally don't make.
Speaker 1: Wow, it could be it could be that. I mean the one that one Gold. I know they had. I had read someplace that for her to train, she she had to walk two hours to the training facility and two hours back.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: That's the thing is that the gymnast hotel was three three miles away to three and a half miles away, So to walk two hours, that's a casual walk. So she didn't like powergate to get there. Because a person can walk four miles an hour if they're dedicated, right, that means she casually walked being from Greene Blank. I watched the guy get a bronze, saw the highlight of the cyclist that was put into an event she never did before. One Gold like Secretariat style that that they'll watch nothing live. Jnson City watched gymnastics Men's and women.
Speaker 1: Well and if anybody is watching, like the basketball USA played today, they were actually down at the end of the third quarter. Steph Curry willed them back to winning. It was it was crazy. I saw it let me see what it said that they were down. Steph Curry scored thirty six points, including a go ahead three pointer with two sixteen left. The US trailed by seventeen points in the first half, plus faced an eleven point halftime deficit, the biggest one successfully overcome by an American team since NBA players were added to the Olympic mix in ninety two. Serbia, led by eleven, was seven minutes and nineteen seconds left the rest of the way all the US. The Americans won a game where they had led for a whole three minutes and twenty five seconds, which Serbia led for ninety the game, and France beat Germany. So it'll be USA versus the home guys of France.
Speaker 2: You know what, that could be a tough game in their candy, because France is playing in our hometown, and when you play in your home town, you have more motivation to want to win. If I'm the US, I'd be very careful.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, I agree.
Speaker 3: Oh Michael, you're not even as old as me, and I can't believe you just told that story. And there it might be a My grandpa we used to walk three miles uphill in the snow, barefoot, back home four miles uphill in the snow, just to go to school.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: You know, the Olympics have had a lot of great stories, including the women's relay team, the four hundred meter relay Kate ladak Uh, gosh, we've had so many any great stories come out. Who wasn't the US woman that just tore it up in the four hundred meters hurdles? They said it was like everybody else should have just stayed home. They were so far Carrie Richardson, Yeah, somebody from Pittsburgh here is part of that break dance and part of the Olympics.
Speaker 1: How about how did you see the four hundred meter where Hall comes from behind and speeds up at the last second.
Speaker 3: The other one that I want to mention because this has nothing to do with the Olympics, but there's some twelve year old track meets that are going on outside of school functions right now. And there's a girl from North Carolina. I don't know her last name, but her first name is Leeley. She starts to run and she's wearing regular high top basketball shoes. She comes out of her shoe at the start. She grabs back go back, grabs her shoes, turns around and runs and in the two hundred meters sprint beat the field.
Speaker 2: He ran.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what it reminded me of if anybody ever you've watched Smallville, which was about Clark Kent growing up. He ran back time and he had something about and where he just ran a little bit faster than he should have that than humanly possible to get back in the race, and took third. He didn't want to win it, but everybody remarked that how fast he got the third place through the field.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, ye know it was.
Speaker 3: It was that type of video where it looked like everybody else was jogging and she just maintained her pace and just boogied right through them. H And we also saw in the Olympics the one person from that African country that was celebrated about ten yards away from the head it got blowed by and I was like, oh, this is why you don't celebrate early, because they started to eye stepping and raising their hands like they won. Also had a photo finish, a record photo finish for three people. But by the letter of the rule in the Olympics, you have the start line and you have the finish line of where they end it, and your torso has to cross first, and all those guys crossed, and it literally is like thousands of a second difference between him. But he was the only one that leaned forward with his shoulders. One guy leaned his neck and one guy moved his hand. But the one guy was smart enough to lean forward and got his shoulders across the line before the other two. And that's why he won on that boat open.
Speaker 2: It's ten or sixteen up to now. New England scored a touchdown and Milton's and the game a quarterback for New England.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: If you look at what Milton did when he came in for Hendon Hooker that year in the following in this past season, which for Tennessee, you know, it was they really didn't miss a lot. They missed Hooker's accuracy, but as far as the arm strength and the poise in the pocket, they didn't miss that at all. And he had the exact same type of athleticism. And I said, whether or not that equates to the NFL remains to be seen, because the athletic quarterbacks have all been decent and gone far in the playoffs, but none of them have won it yet in the NFL, and that's where I'm at. I mean, John Elway was the exception because he stopped running when he won his Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, I did see that. Did you all see? The four hundred meter was won by Carl Lewis with a nine point nine to two per goal this year, the last place time was nine point nine to one.
Speaker 3: That's the race I was talking about where it was such a close finish. Literally the last person was in the frame of the photo finish. That's nuts.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Seez super fast?
Speaker 1: It is? What other sports topics you guys got besides we're not gonna get to my town yet, but any other sports that you guys want to talk about. What's happening? College football? Obviously they're practicing.
Speaker 2: Yes, trading camps have started. It's gonna be an interesting scenario this year to see what Pitt does. We have a new offensive coordinator, k Bell come from Western Carolina. He runs a go offense. The concern I have is that I think that Pitt's uh Pitt has smart players, but they don't have the type of players there. Kate Bell's offense it's like shoven, a square pegan or a round hole. And I'm going to use this example when Walt Harris was the coach of Pitt and then he got fired and they brought in day Once that once that switched from this West Coast offense that threw all the time to a power running game, and Matt Cavanaugh was our offensive coordinator at the time, so you know, and it's the same thing here. Kate Bell's got this go offense. I watched some of it in spring practice, but it's not It's just I don't know if we have that. We have the talent for it a little bit, but we don't have all the talent that he needs. And he's gonna have to go out and recruit some players for this offense. Here. We're gonna see what the current guy lineup does with it. They just lost some offensive linemen to the transfer portal, and the defensive line doesn't look all that great this year, so we're I don't know where Pitt's going to go this year, but if they make and five or six and six, I think they'll be lucky.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So right, I'm interested to see what Colorado's gonna do in the Big twelve. What's gonna happen to Michigan? You know with this, with the salegation.
Speaker 3: Stuff, they already put down the verdict that they're not going to have to vacate the title. They're debating if they're going to have to suspense run More in place of Jim Harbaugh because Jim Harbaugh got a one year ban from any colleges this season, so he literally can't even go there to Pro Days because it's one year from the hand doown, including his defensive coordinator, Jesse Mentor, and their defensive backs coach that he brought over from Michigan, So all three of them.
Speaker 2: Got anybody connected with Michigan, Jeremy, you're telling me can't cannot participate in the product.
Speaker 3: Those three coaches were the one specifically named.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, they cannot.
Speaker 3: Do anything to do with college sports for one year from two days ago, so they literally can't go to Pro Days. They can't go. I think the only thing they can do is the Scouting Combine because that's an NFL invited again event, right, So that means all the scouts and gms have to do everything he can't.
Speaker 2: Well, what about the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 3: That's at the college event that's not a college event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the East West Shrine Game and all that.
Speaker 3: The HBCU, the Division two and three combine that they do in Indianapolis. After the main show.
Speaker 2: Let's say, Jeremy, let's say, Jeremy, I'm going to pay you a little hypothetical here. Let's say they decide to go to a game and buy a ticket. Are they still allowed at the college game.
Speaker 3: They are banned from all collegiate football.
Speaker 2: Games, so they can't go to nothing even if they buy a ticket, right, Okay, I just want.
Speaker 3: Their scouting reports if as coaches, if they want to do their scouting reports, they got to do it the exact same way I've been doing it for three years. Watch every bit of game film they can during that yah. Yeah, and also going back and rewatching all the games on YouTube, because that's how I do my scouting reports. But is undone actually came in. Broderick sat with Martin with the sack nice, yes, and he was actually joined on that sack for with Nate Linn the UDFA out of Williams and Mary College that I actually had high hopes for. So he they had a sack. Also, Isaac Ukwu another UDFA that came in that was signed, he had a sack. So that's the two sacks that the defense has so far.
Speaker 2: You know who I have been married, Jeremy No, probably Mike Tomlin. Oh yeah, okay. He was a player and coached chart He coached under under Bill Stewart, uh from West Virginia. When so right after Richie Rod got fired and then Stewart took over there and then they fired him. He was the Joe Paterno of West Virginia and then they fired him and then he passed away because he got so frustrated from being fired or removed, and then they brought in that truck Danna Hope.
Speaker 3: But here's the crazy thing. He did say that, But they never suspended him from coaching. They just suspended him from attending college.
Speaker 2: Events events, right.
Speaker 3: So that's not a suspension of coaching because they couldn't do that because he was already hired as an NFL coach.
Speaker 2: So they can't even buy a ticket, right, they can't even Yeah.
Speaker 3: And they can't go to the coliseum.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's funny. They came buy a ticket, right.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying they cannot attend any college event for a year.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And I don't think the NFL or the Chargers are gonna let them say, hey, he can't attend any NFL events for a year, because then their whole coaching staff defensively is gone.
Speaker 2: It's gone. Yeah mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Uh, yes, yes, yes, anything else we want.
Speaker 3: To talk about, but thank god that Michigan doesn't have to vacate the title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have been you guys would have had some I'll tell you what, Michigan would had some big egg on their face. I gotta tell you, and I gotta tell you the programs or the general manager of the radio station where I used to have my sports show on. I would laugh at him because he went to Michigan and he loves Michigan. He's got a helmet, he's got it all in his office. And she's just the dwors Michigan. I mean yeah, because he's an alump.
Speaker 1: So what do we think of I think Ohio State's gonna take it.
Speaker 2: Well, they can't take Ohio State. My Trump office.
Speaker 3: Here, Ohio can't be the twenty twenty four national championship because that's Michigan. But uh, Butker went down. Oh no, that's the guy we just signed that started seventeen games for the Bills. He was supposed to be a good depth piece. So now we're down another backup offensive guard. Christian Mahogany's not able to play because he's still dealing with his illness, which they haven't disclosed what the illness is. There's only a few things that would keep you sideline for two to three weeks. One of them is COVID. One of them is a major case of the flu. The other one that nobody's even thinking about is a and the situs.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So if it's appendicitis and he had a flare up and had to have it removed, that's why he's taking so long to come back from his illness. And so there's Those are the only three illnesses I can think of that would keep a player out three to four weeks at a time. Yeah, I agree, right, it's all speculation though, because we don't know they're not doing it. Will call ticket him javan off.
Speaker 2: And they might have rushed for that. If you give them a ticket, it's not the game. Somebody might get fired.
Speaker 3: They managed to buy that really expensive mask where it actually once you if you wear the right clothing with it, you can't tell that it's not a real face. He could probably get away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna ask you, you know, like I send a realdu there or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can do that and having film it for you or whatever if they allow filming it. And I believe College is a little more leeway than NFL as far as fans filming the games, because I haven't. You know, the only thing they don't want you doing is unless you've got a press pass, they don't want you carrying a big camera, you know what I mean. They don't want you to carrying like the professional style with the one thousand times action zoom lends on it well, but.
Speaker 1: You're not allowed to. As on the media unless you're one of the big media TV outlets or streaming, you cannot record live stream the video as well, whether it's college or.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: You can record it and then take it home and you do your clips and stuff like that, but you can't stream it live while it is while it's happening. And there is some leeway on the Facebook side. I have seen it where people can stream the games as long as they're not putting the sound out there. And what everybody makes the mistake of doing when they're trying to enlarge it because it's right next to the volume control, they accidentally hit the speaker and that's what gets everybody in the copyright thing. Baby, you know how hard it is for me to text. I will say I think the three schools that have the best chance to get there are Texas, Ohio State, and Oregon.
Speaker 1: Texas one of their running backs just went down today and he's out for the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they got Quinn Ewers and they still got great wide receivers there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Steve Sarcassian has them going really good. Dinner Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they lost Baxter to a sport.
Speaker 2: We'll see what Ryan Day this year with the Ohio State.
Speaker 3: All I I know is that if Ryan Day loses to Michigan without Harvard there on a down year.
Speaker 2: He might get fired.
Speaker 3: If they are pretty sure after they let Brian Hartline walk to become a coach somewhere else because they refused to promote him and gave Ryan Day another year, they're like, yeah, you lose to either Michigan State or Michigan, you're done.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you a good story here. I used to drive a cab and it was in the nineties. It was nineteen ninety six. It was the return of Johnny Majors to pitt Okay. We were playing Ohio State and I was taking some people from downtown out to Pitt Stadium for the game. And the guy said, I hate John Cooper. I can't stand John Cooper. I said, well, what's wrong wrong with Sean Cooper? He said he can't beat Michigan. He was like, you can't beat Michigan. Then I was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, Okay, guys, is it time for my town?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's time for our town.
Speaker 1: Okay, so tell me, Ralph, what's happening in your town.
Speaker 2: Well, the Pirates blew it again today. O'Neill Cruz decided to take his time running across the base and got thrown out at second after with it when it's it was an easy double that he hit. And you know, it's just a boneheaded, stupid mistakes that this Pirate team makes that makes you you know, I don't know if you call it growing pains or what you can call it, but you know, now, all of a sudden, they were supposed to be in this wild card hunt. Now they're a game under five hundred because they lost today and they got swept by the San Diego Podras. They were in the games, don't get me wrong, but it's just a concept. That's that one stupid little mistake Candy and Jeremy that the Pirates keep on making. That makes you, That makes you sick because it's that little mistake that always makes them lose games. And then we still lead the league and and runners leaving runners on that base and not scoring runs. We still lead the league in that. And then tomorrow's our first preseason game for the Steelers. We're gonna find out what's going on with the Steelers tomorrow. You don't expect too much. Uh oh, by the way, here, I just got word that uh that the Steelers have signed Brandon Ay. They gave San Francisco five seventh round draft picks for Brandon I. So there you go. That's a that's a that's that's what I call an erroneous report. But no, that's not true. Everybody out there that thinks the Steelers are gonna sign brand and I forget it. It's over because San Francisco wants too much for this. They want to number one draft picks, they want this, that and whatever. They want. The janitor, they want the water man. They went ever, they went, the whole team. Okay, San Francisco, Lynch and Shanahan, you know, keep them down there. The Steelers have other plans, you know, training camp, preseason. Uh. I think there's gonna be some guys out there and I and I say, like Mike Tomlin, guys out there that Omar Khan can sink his teeth into and bring him in here and bring him in for the Steelers. Somebody's gonna get cut. Somebody's gonna lose the job, you know, and they might lose it from one team and come to the Steelers and play because everybody wants to play for mediocreor Mike Tomlin. So there we are with that. Uh but anyway, uh so, but we'll see what happens Tomorrow's pre season. Preseason games are boring. There's not a lot of scoring, and you know it's just the third and third and fourth string and fifth string and the and the water boy and all that other stuff that plays in these games. So well, we're gonna see what the rookies do. My player that I want to look at is Peyton Wilson, the guy we got in the fourth round from North Carolina State. Nobody wanted to draft him because they said he was injury prone. So far, he hasn't been injured and we're going to see what he does for the Steelers. Now. He'll probably play a little bit uh in this game. And we got some tinged up injuries. But other than that, that's all so, you know. But and the River Hounds are soccer to the USL soccer team. They haven't they haven't had a very good season. They tied zero zero on Saturday. They've been competitive, they haven't been blown out, but they were in championship games for the USL Cup and all that other stuff. And Summerson this year everything just fell apart. So and that's my talent.
Speaker 3: Your town, all right, my town. I want to talk about the Detroit Titans. Everybody's up in arms because they didn't get the massive deal they wanted for school. You know what, if somebody wanted to give up what we wanted to get a possible cy young type of pitcher for their playoff team, they would have done it. We've seen these moves made in the past, but what we did do is at the end of the trade that deadline, we moved a guy that was getting paid fourteen million dollars who was decent, and got some guys back at our prospects, a shortstop, a catcher. We also got a relief pitcher out of it. And what's nice about the relief pitchers. The other day he took the field in a bullpen game day. He actually went out in the sixth inning and shut down the side, struck two out and caused the other guy to hit a pop fly. So while everybody's mad at the prospects we got, if they're performing at the professional level, was it a bad trade?
Speaker 2: You won't know that till the end of the season.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying in the guys, the guy was brought in as a mid reliever to do one to two innings of work, and he did what he was supposed to do on a bullpen day where we started out with three pitchers before the fifth inning in a game we ended up winning. Michael Lorenzen is his name, and he can't He was actually only playing with the single high A affiliate, the Great Lakes Loons in Midland, Michigan and the only reason why I know his name, and that's where he was playing, because they literally said we lost this game because we had to scratch Michael Lorenzen due to the Jack Clarity trade. I didn't even see the details of the trade because I was driving through there. All right, thanks for having me, always a great time and full of knowledge.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, thank you, Michael, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's hear your town, my town.
Speaker 2: Let me think what's going on in Oh.
Speaker 1: Let's see what we were up to the Scoon. A little over a week ago, we went to a couple of a brewer game. They were playing the Marlins. Go figure. Scott interviews one picture from the Marlins that was on Sunday. On Tuesday, that picture got traded.
Speaker 2: Yes whoa.
Speaker 3: Yes, saying if it's trade deadline, Scott shouldn't do interviews with players because it might be the kod for that team, it might mean they're gone.
Speaker 1: Well, it depends on if you like the player or not.
Speaker 3: Did you guys like the player that was traded?
Speaker 1: He he hasn't played a lot for the Marlins. He he's coming back from injury and stuff like that. But he was a good year. He actually was from born in Indiana. He actually was going to be a basketball player. Swapped out hasn't kind of interesting. He's never watched the movie Hoosiers. From start to finish. We're like, wait a minute, you play Indiana, you went to you grew up in Indiana, you grew up basketball, but you didn't. I'm like, okay, that's fine. But so we got to see that. Actually it was the one game out of the three that the Brewers won. So we're talking about going back to my Marlins this weekend. I think they're playing San Diego, so the Padres, I believe. What else is happening in my town? Well, we all know Jordan Love signed a huge contract. You know, quarterbacks are getting paid a lot a lot of money.
Speaker 3: But if you actually look at it, it's not as bad of a contract as everybody thinks it is. The average per year is because of the total dollars people. If you actually look at how the contract is, it's very front loaded and bovenus heavy. So it's actually very team friendly because they don't have a lot of people to sign next year.
Speaker 1: So I'm just excited for football season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he Conkito comes in and said, Sudfield sucks.
Speaker 1: And andid Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Isaiah Williams with four catches for thirty five yards was the player of the game at eight point eight yards per catch. But we did have a Donovan people Jones sighting. He was targeted once he caught the ball and had twenty six yards. I think that's pretty significant myself. Antoine Green, while while Sudfield was out in that first half, had three catches on three targets for thirteen yards and four point three.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like it was a full of penalties. You guys are seen for forty one and the Giants were ten for one hundred and two yards, So it sounds like a lot of penalties. And that's what preseason sometimes you got to work out those kinks.
Speaker 3: We dominated the time of possession because we were running the ball more overall, you know, if you with the quarterbacks and the running backs, they had two turnovers, we had one. We had less penalties. We had the same amount of punts. But the difference is is jack box seven punts in the average forty nine point six yards per punt net that massive?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, absolutely.
Speaker 3: That's flipping the field. Otherwise this game could have been thirty five to three the way it went if you actually think about it. So our team actually stepped up pretty decently, but their defense did good too. We were five to seventeen on third down efficiency. They were one of ten. We were zero for four on fourth down efficiency, and they were one for one. So there is your key stat of the game. That one for one got them.
Speaker 1: Mhmon.
Speaker 3: DPJ looked lousy on his end zone target. I didn't even know he had an end zone target. I just know he had one catch for twenty six yards. So he had two targets. That's a fifty catch rate. In fact, I can actually get the targets. Let me go back to my other statuet here. Yeah, should be almost final here. Yeah, there's two minutes to thirty four seconds. It's thirty four on the New York Giants, twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like you guys gave it points in the second quarter. You guys scored in the first and haven't scored since, and the Giants scored in all their points in the second quarter.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what I'm seeing too.
Speaker 1: Let's face it, guys, this is the preseason. They're trying out players, and they're trying out players with a combination of different players too, to see which ones mix and stuff like that. It's not always gonna be good. It's not always going to be flashy and pretty. But you need to have grit and you need to show that you want to be there. And you know, that's why they play these preseason games because there are some players that they're gonna walk themselves out and some players are gonna solidify a position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I said earlier. It's candy. That the fact that sometimes if you wait enough, after the preseason's over and all that stuff, sometimes there's some players out there on the scrap heap that you can pick up and use. I mean, you know, this year I call it to use car lot because sometimes the Steelers are good for doing that. And you know, so you know, and again it's all about chemistry as well. I mean, you know, you have to build up chemistry when you have new players come in, especially draft picks. You know, they have to get used to the speed of the game, which is different than college. I mean, it's a whole different animal. So you know, we'll see see what Like you said, what about preseason mm.
Speaker 3: Hmm, thirteen or twenty four for ninety six yards. That's Nate thudbelt that line.
Speaker 2: There you go. Jeremy Hooker's in a concussion protocol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what he said. I saw that. I saw that that was said, Thank goodness, it's concussion. I thought it was something whereas alls I know, as I heard he got jogged into the locker room, I didn't know what it was. I was praying it had nothing to do with his knee. I was praying it had nothing to do with his throwing arm. That's the only thing I was worried about.
Speaker 2: He's Goff's back up right.
Speaker 3: After this performance tonight, I would say one and a Hooker's qubo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 3: I mean, thirteen and twenty four yards. Thirteen and twenty four with ninety six yards in one interception. It's awful.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, Well, guys, anything else do you want to add?
Speaker 2: Well, I just I want to say something here publicly. There's a guy in this town. His name is Andrew Philipponi. This guy is a on CBS radio and he has a steady afternoon talk show here in Pittsburgh. I had a lot of respect for Andrew Philipponi until yesterday when he starts spreading, spreading, the spreading and spoon gossip about how the Steelers had signed or verbally made a commitment to Brandon Ayu and it didn't happen that way, Andrew. So now my respect level for you is nothing because of that, all right? And you know something, Andrew, your partner Chris Muller who said three times when I went for Tryaffs for ninety three seven a fan that I couldn't cut it. Your partner, Chris Muller said that to me three different times. Okay, But now, Philippony, now I don't even want to watch that show or listen to that show at all because you know why, because of because of what you did yesterday, Andrew. And I'm really surprised at you for all, for the jobs that you do and the thing and the shows that you put on, that you would come out with this kind of thing, and now you have what what I call egg on your face.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yep, I agree, smoking Jeremy b Any last parting shots that you want.
Speaker 3: To it's pre season, boys. We're seeing second and third stringers. Not a single starter played today.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: My player of the game was Brendan Joseph. He was second in the team in tackles. He had the one loan turnover that we got by intercepting good old Drew Locke, who didn't help his case to be QB two in New York. So so, and it's preseason. The records mean nothing. Think about this. The last time the Lions went undefeated in the preseason, we didn't win a single game in the regular season.
Speaker 2: Hey, Candy, I got a name for you. Remember Ray Rhodes. Mm hmm, all right. I remember one time and the Steelers almost every season would play Philly in the in preseason, we'll play Philadelphia Eagles. And Ray Rose was the head coach at the time, and they said to him, they said, what are you looking for in a preseason? He said, we need to win the all mark games in the preseason in order to have a good season. And this one we got to start with this one. Mm hmm, yeah, I remember. It's one year. It's the head coach at Green Bay.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 2: Ray Rhodes, good defensive mind, not a good coach head coach?
Speaker 3: Did earl I'll ever get voted into the Hall of Fame as a backup QB.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: It's a darn Shaine the two years he got a chance to start. What did he do? He led the Colts all the way to the Super Bowl and Johnny United magically gets healthy and goes in there.
Speaker 2: Hey, Nick Foles retired today, Nick, congratulation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had one shining moment when Carson Wentz got hurt and he took them to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots.
Speaker 2: I remember what I remember when he played for the Bears. Yeah, yeah, I know he was. I got I got something for everybody. Guess who's the third string quarterback in Philly right now? Kenny Pickett's Kenny Pickett. I wouldn't ever thought that I would ever say that Kenny Pickett was a bump, because you know what everybody called it. I said. I said that Kenny Pickett was what should have been drafted in the first round. And I told everybody which is the truth. And I'm the only one that has the truth on this. And the reason why we the Steelers drafted Kenny Picket in the first round was because they didn't want the Dann Marino nonsense again, where everybody was upset with the Steelers because they didn't draft Dan Marino and we could have twelve Super Bowls by now if Dan Marino was our quarterback. Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: The only reason why I said and I approved that message, The only reason why I was talking about Earl Morrel in that particular season is Don Shula was the head coach that year. Years later, Earl Morrell is signed by the Miami Dolphins. Who's the head coach in nineteen seventy two, Don Shula?
Speaker 2: Who had who had a winning season and didn't lose a game that year, but.
Speaker 3: Bob Greasy got hurt in Week ten, and who came to be the starter until the Super Bowl? Earl Morrell? And he literally said when he signed Earl Morrell that year, I would not do it again.
Speaker 2: But just take ticket over Studfield.
Speaker 3: I I would, I would take I'd take back Tim Boyle over.
Speaker 2: You know, not a back quarterback. I mean he won some games.
Speaker 3: No, he's never won a game as a starter.
Speaker 2: He didn't I play.
Speaker 3: He won a few backup for Aaron Rodgers and he never got to play that year and then we signed him off their practice spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he never us.
Speaker 3: He got to play in the preseason. That's it. Sudbelt cannot win a Sunday game. Absolutely, and we all know David Blow couldn't because David Blow actually took over for Matt Stafford in twenty twenty when he heared his back right twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, all right, that's candy. It's a show. It's all yours.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, we're related when O yes, well, you know, guys, it's been it's been a good night. Let's we should I haven't even gone over any of the normal stuff. Like the self Florida Tribune published a book last November. It is called Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders my husband Scott Moran that now. It's available on Amazon, Kindle, Barnes and Noble, Apple and Google Books. You can also get a there's a link to it on selflorded Tribune dot com where you can also there's a link to our merchandise store where you can get hats, sweatshirts. Good back to the books for you, James. Thank you for tuning in. If you like to listen to podcasts, you can listen to us wherever you get your podcasts, Apple, Google, iHeartRadio. Monday Nights we talked baseball and now we've been talking hockey on Fire Up Florida. Tuesday nights is football, Wednesday nights is Sports Exchange, and then Thursday nights here is Fire Up.
Speaker 2: You never know what.
Speaker 1: Let's face it. We were talking about steaks earlier.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, we were. My favorite steak is a Delmonica, and I like my stake well done.
Speaker 1: I like a file at, but I like it medium rare.
Speaker 2: So you're where everybody's Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't want it to move when I stab it. That's all I got. No soccer tonight, No, No, there's not much going on in the soccer world with Olympics going on right now.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, No, We've talked about a lot of things. Let's see what else was I going to say. If you want to advertise or sponsor show called Scott nine f four three or four four nine one. If you missed any of it has been scrolling on the bottom, you can go or go. If you're listening to us, you can go back. And rewind Ralph, how can people how can people see you? You know, sponsor, you watch you support.
Speaker 2: You well, you know every week keeps getting better and better for me as far as our w media goes. And I had an extended conversation today with a radio station here at town. They want me to put my show on their station to trying to find a slot for me. So I had a nice conversation with the owner today and we're going to see where that goes. Okay, And I'm you know, I'm also on cr SM Media dot Com. Sports Corner is there, and I have my new sports corner pens and my sports corner h uh uh car magnets. So sports Corner is going to be getting out there billboards everywhere. We're gonna be all over the place, going up the Erie for and gonna be meeting with some people up there. See it's spread, spread it out up in Erie. I'm gonna be going to Lancaster real soon at the end of you know, uh September. So, but you can get a hold of me on Facebook YouTube. I have my own YouTube channel, Ralph Williams r w iMedia. Please subscribe. Thanks to Jeremy and yourself here, Candy and the South Florida Tribune Network and uh and and a few other networks, I've been able to get more. I've been able to get thirty more subscribers now because I started the year off at one thirty and I'm at one sixty two now, so I'm up to thirty two and I hope to be at a two hundred by the end of the year. You can also reach me on Twitter x platforms as well, Ralph Williams on Facebook or a Sports Corner. I also have my own sports Corner Facebook page as well, And like I said, the big thing is YouTube right now, I'm working on my own Rootcoup channel and I'm working on some other stuff. I have a meeting tomorrow with jb Ellis and Sideline Sports, who also sponsors Sports Corner, but we're getting into some deeper stuff too, so in Fan First Sports Network also, so Candy, My network is starting to grow and I'm happy about it. And I got my new wheelchair accessible vent too, so I'm really happy about that.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome, Well, buddy, before I get to smoking, Jeremy BM and I your question, Candy, are you a Tampa Bay or Miami fan? And I guess it depends on what you're talking about, because I'm really neither. I do live in South Florida, but I'm a Wisconsin girl, so I am I all the way Bay Packers, Bucks Brewers, I know, stop it there me. I know Wisconsin. I am a graduate of one of the Wisconsin Wisconsin has. It's a UW system, and Madison is the school that everybody knows of because that's the Division I school. But there are other schools with the University of Wisconsin's systems, and I am a graduate of one of them. It happens to be UW Whitewater. But so I'm really not a Tampa Bay or a Miami fan, no.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, like Darth Vader, What's what's uh?
Speaker 2: What's Wisconsin looking like a show with Luke Fickle?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know. It's gonna be interesting. It'll be It'll be an interesting year, I think, because I don't know. I have never been Tyler vand Tyler fan witch from down here, from Miami to Wisconsin. But maybe he's just maybe he just needs to be in the right system. And that's what I'm gonna say, because sometimes it's a system, it's coaches that make a big difference or can make a big impact, and so it also depends on I don't I haven't looked at their schedule to see who they're all playing, because now that there's more teams in the Big Ten, I'm not exactly sure who we all play this year, so that makes a difference too.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I wouldn't meant to ask you. We're gonna talk to college football for thought about it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, maybe that should be a topic for next week or so that we look in we can start looking into more and do I can do a little more research and stuff like that. But buddy, the other thing is is if you're talking, are you talking Tampa Bay Bucks and Miami Dolphins? Are you talking about Tampa Bay Lightning and the Florida Panthers. Like, there's a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: I like the Miami Dolphins because they're head coach Mike mcuh Mike McDonald or McDaniels from Pittsburgh. He's from the Plumborrow section of Pittsburgh, So you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, honest, chat, I have heard more from Bears Band than Green Bay Ban. Yeah, the over the overhype is real.
Speaker 2: And by the way, and by the way, I don't forget Saturday nine Am, YouTube, Facebook and Twitch the External bum Show with Me, Ralph Williams, Scott Morgan, Roth, Leo Haggerty and Jeremy Baull, and we talked bumps in sports and a whole lot of other topics as well, and we're we're streaking up in views, which is great. We've gone from twenty to October almost fifty last week and so, and we're keep spiking up. So that's good news.
Speaker 3: So, like you've had growth, I'm amazed at the growth I've had since the draft. If you remember, Candy, I was talking we were sitting around too sixty and was going up during the draft. I think I ended the draft at around two eighty. I'm sitting at one hundred and ninety three subs and probably the slowest NFL news off season we've ever had.
Speaker 2: We ever had, Yeah, I mean there's.
Speaker 3: Been almost no no big trades. They've been just a few big sign re signings, not even big last year.
Speaker 2: It's been quiet. It's been quiet between the draft and the start of training camp. Yes, it has been quiet.
Speaker 3: And I'm honored that my fans must be helping me to push myself out there and helping me network. And I'm glad that my network and this network has helped me grow as well as well as it's helping you grow up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, and likewise to you because you helped me grow. I guess I have some of the people who watch your programs watching my show now.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad you do. I try to watch, but you know, some of your programs run into my programming time, and you know me worktops, so you pop in and it right like when I'm at the end of my show because you just ended yours.
Speaker 2: Well that on top of that, sometimes I get tied up with phone calls and things like that, so by the time I get to you, sometimes it's the end of the show. And you know, I got a guy that does a podcast at eleven o'clock or whenever he feels like it more or less, but usually eleven o'clock he's supposed to be on. It's called two WS. His name's Ryan. He used to be my producer at the radio station that I had my shows on before, and he's been doing that now for two years and it's a good show too. Dummienzers.
Speaker 3: Yes, somebody Conkito says only overpaid qbs. No, we had two big wide receiver signings justin Jefferson getting the highest wide receiver salary ever, and prior to that, I'm on Raga, the highest wide receiver salary ever for average per year, not for cap pit per year. There's a big difference in those numbers, and I've been trying to explain that to a lot and.
Speaker 2: July first, Bobby Pane, it's already gone.
Speaker 3: By hell, Elijah, it's over this year. We don't have to hear about it till next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly how long is that? Anyway? What two? Though? Thirty or something? I think it is.
Speaker 3: Thirty one is the last year of it?
Speaker 2: Last year for that thirty years and a million.
Speaker 3: Years hind in two thousand and one, wasn't it. Yeah, it's still better than what the Dodgers did for old time two millions year on a twenty one? Was that a twenty year contract or ten? I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I think it's a much in your contract at your contract, and.
Speaker 3: At the end of it, whatever he hasn't made, he gets paid in full. It's not per year. They're paying it in full.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be one summ and no payments like PANEA Yeah, yeah, you're off.
Speaker 3: Doing the we'll pay you until the day you die type of thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, if Bobby Bania butchets his money, right, you know, hey, why not?
Speaker 3: You know, he really doesn't have to budget because think about it, if you're getting a million a year, you take the jock tax out of it, because it's still played for being paid for playing a sport. You taking the federal income tax and everything else. He's losing about thirty five.
Speaker 2: I'm usually both stealer and an Eagle span in some some perspective. If the Eagles are in the Super Bowl, I'll root for them. Uh, someday I would like to see the Eagles versus Steelers in the Super Bowl, a Pennsylvania super Bowl, but mostly a Steeler fan. Uh. But I wasn't an Eagles Eagles fan until they got Kenny Pickett. Now I'm not an Eagles fan anymore. And I feel bad for Nick Sirianni because if he doesn't win this year, he's fired. If he doesn't go to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: And you know, take Von Berkeley with the green grain bow right now, so he won't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's got two good coordinators there, so he should do Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Fangeo is a way better coordinator than head coach. We saw that with what he did.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, how many times have I said it on your shows, Jeremy. You know, some people can bake a cake and some people can't, which means you could be a head coach or you could be a coordinator. And a lot of people are good better at coordinators than they art head coaches. And the biggest mistake they make is when they become a head coach, they try to be the coordinator as well, and you can't do it like that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, So smoking, Jeremy B. How can we find you? Where can we support you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: You can find my writings on the South Florida Tribune dot com underneath the hash the three little white marks to pull down the pulldown menu under the MotorCity Tribune heading. You can also find me right here on the South Florida Tribune. Anytime Scott needs me for any of his shows, I'll be available, but normally right here on Fire Up. And occasionally you see me on that one that everybody loves to talk about, and it's football inside the Big Skin. Coach Vonamego, Boat Crouch, Travis Holmes and of course mel far Junior me Far.
Speaker 2: I'm working on get I'm working on getting Poe on my show to stay cherem me.
Speaker 3: Awesome and of course Scott the MotorCity Madmouth mm hmmm. And he also wrote a book that I wrote a review about on AMMA for him, So Barnes and Noble, excuse me. I can't write reviews on Amazon for some reason.
Speaker 1: But if you buy the book through Amazon, can.
Speaker 3: You, Yeah, you get to buy it through You just can't go there and put a review. But at the same time he deserves it. It's actually a good read if anybody thinks about being in the broadcasting business or journalism, there's a lot you can learn about the way the old ways have done and how it's transitioned to the new. You can also find me on my channel which is kneecat Fighting with the Motor City Lions, where I am live Monday through Friday at noon, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays at nine pm. You can also find me sharing the shows that I co host on, like this one or Ralph's External bum on Saturdays. So that's a total of eleven shows a week on mine and anytime I guess that someone else as I put it up there too. Lately it's been the Rens Red Zone, rant On Sunday morning for val Hella our with some vikings guys. You know now that they know that I am a legit published journalist. You know, it lends a little weight and it makes it easier to be on someone else.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Well, if you didn't hear it before, If you see that red subscribe button that means you have not subscribed to the software to contributes YouTube channel, please do so. Share us with all your friends, anybody that you know that would like it. Monday nights we talk hockey, we talk baseball, Tuesday nights we talked football. Wednesday and Thursday nights. You just never know what we might be talking. After all, we were talking tonight about States and NFL. If you want to advertise on our YouTube or on our shows, please call Scott nine five four three oh four four nine four one. You can always email us at tonight at gmail dot com. You're live on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube. If you like to listen to podcasts wherever you get your podcasts, you can find us iHeartRadio, Google, Apple, Spotify, cast Box, Deezer, you name it, we're there. Scott also does a one on one show on nofilter dot net. It's a one on one interview show. It's really good. Check it out. Check out our website www. Dot self Florida Tribune dot com. As you smoking, Jeremy Vee said, he writes for it, I take pictures. There's all kinds of good if you like football. We have transcripts from the Dolphins, Jags, the Lions. We have other college football especially here down in South Florida. We also have a store where you can get merchandise and a link to Scott's books or book I should say, but guys, it's been real fun. Love talking with you guys, and you never know what we might be talking about. Like we talked steaks this week. You never know what's gonna happen next week.
Speaker 3: By the way, I do want to say, I don't know the name of the linebacker who did it, but from the Giant, you're a bump. No, when after the play is over and the guy's down and he's getting up, you don't pull him down by his face mask and slam his head on the ground. That is why Stington Hooker is in concussion protocol.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's there's no business for that, especially in the preseason.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what Brian's the bow got a goose to reality. Last year, I mean the first year, you know, giants were in the playoffs and now last year to kind of folded their tent. But this year we're see we're third. Ban the Buve.
Speaker 1: Well, I do want to thank both of you, gentlemen. I also want to think the plethora of people that we had in the chat room today.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love everybody commenting, asking questions. We love interacting with the people out there. So keep it up, you guys. Have a wonderful weekend. Jeremy, you want to end us like you end your shows.
Speaker 3: Try every day to be a better person than you were the day before, because that's the only way to make the world a better place. It starts right here. Much love everybody, Love you.
Speaker 1: Guys, have a good one. We'll catch you next week. Enjoy all the preseason football, the college, the baseball, the last of the Olympics. Have a good week and a good weekend. Everybody be safe.