Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I'm your host Sean Garmer here with me today. Randy isbel once again, Thank you so much for beyond again.
Speaker 2: All right? Who got laid off this week?
Speaker 1: Mark didn't again laid off? He just could not make him back from.
Speaker 2: I just figure if I'm here, it's because somebody got laid off in the video game industry, and it's my role.
Speaker 1: There was a studio closure, so I guess ah, I see, but hey, you know what one studio survived, Randy, it's the one that we talked about. I feel like for a couple of weeks, Mark and our Tango Game Works and the High five Rush ip are still alive. They are going to another studio. We'll talk about that. That's the big headline for today. Some other stuff along with the status of Control two and Maxi paying one and two remasters. The other big thing is like they D twenty three had all their huge announcements for Marvel, Star Wars, Disney all that stuff. We'll talk about those things. The Borderlands movie sucked, no surprise to anyone, but hey, why not we got to talk about it. Oh right, so really quickly here, just to get these things out of the way, you know, do the housekeeping. First of all, make sure you go check out Randy's show Bad Brackets. Just go subscribe to Bad Brackets on YouTube. They just did Greatest Second Genesis.
Speaker 2: That'd be next week. Next week is recorded that yesterday, the one that dropped today. Best nicktoons, Hey all the time and listen, we just discussed cartoons. But it got feisty.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sure it was kombay for.
Speaker 2: The first half of this bracket. The second half of the bracket it got a little a little heated, but we had a lot of fun doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I imagine so there's so many those great nicktoons so back in the day, I know when I watch it, I'm gonna have my thoughts to yell about in the comments and you know, yeah, definitely. And then you know, Randy also's a surprise show that'll be hitting along with that too later on. So make sure you go subscribe because you get everything that comes on the channel. So aside from that, also make sure you go check out I hit the wrong button again, unfortunately half of sometimes I thought I hit the but Anyway, let's moving on to the housekeeping here for thirty to Network. Make sure you go subscribe on the YouTube channel because if you do, you get more than what we just do here for video games, which hey, you know appreciate y'all watch and listen. However many times you have checked out the show, we usually do it around Monday's around It's usually around like an hour later. But for Randy, because he lives in the Pacific time zone, we're gonna we're gonna start a little bit earlier. But yeah, go go subscribe because you get you know, if you like anime. We have a whole anime show where they review pretty much everything that comes out new with anime each week each season. Go check out the Otacko Cafe folks over there. They do a great job. They just did a new episode a few days ago, so go check out that. And for the entertainment TV side, the routs are broadcasting folks. They keep up with it, probably more than I think I know a lot of people do. Anything that comes out, big TV show, big movie. They've got the review so you know, House the Dragon just finished, they had the review out there. They just did the review for the Boys that finished not too long ago. They had that review for Dead Pull Woverine, which I'm sure a lot of people haven't seen yet, so if you want to check out what they thought about it, definitely go do so. You know perks to scribing to the channel. You got a lot of different things here and well you can also listen with your ears on podcasts. I apologize we were having I was having some issues with the feed on our end, so I just got out all that I've been like two months behind, just got all the stuff that was backlogged, and of course it showed that Ranny didd with me last week also out there. Definitely go check that out because you get our thoughts on the bungee layoffs and gaming former clothes down. Unfortunately that happened on those that episode. But let's get into the stuff for this episode. We're we're not going to talk about games we've been playing, because I think I only played like an hour Supermarket Simulator and not much of Shane's there for me and you haven't been playing.
Speaker 2: I downloaded that Lilies game. It's sitting there ready for me to play it. I just haven't played it yet.
Speaker 1: I downloaded the Business of Manna demo and then haven't played it yet, so if you're interested in that, Randy, that's out there and both plays stationed in Xbox, and then the Creatures of Abo game also downloaded that I've played that like for about thirty minutes, so I've walked around the initial area. I've seen some of the monsters. I've taken a couple of pictures. That's all I did. I don't know that I can really tell you anything other than that, other than it seems like it's like Pokemon Snap, but like you're not stuck to a buggy maybe, and I think there is battles in that game too, It's just I think it's different in a way of like more like you're trying to save the animals, not so much like fighting with the animals. But but yeah, I've probably had more to talk about that next week when I actually fully play the game. But yeah, we'll have to just make this more about the news here, which I guess you might as well start with the big headline here, which is basically out of nowhere, out of nowhere late on Sunday evening, just blasted out there by everybody that does you know, keeping up the News, whether it's Windows Central, all those great folks announced that of all people, Crafton Inc. Which are best known as the publishers for PUBG and they were they also the ones that did the studio striking. This was published Calisto Protocol, which there's some issues there with Clysto Protocol we could talk about too. But they have essentially acquired Tango Game Works and the High Fried Rush IP from Microsoft, basically preventing Tail game Werks from shutting down. Now they are not getting to kee it. All of the other IP that is was made by Tailegame Work, so they're not taking Evil Within, they're not taking Ghostwar Tokyo. That stuff is staying with Microsoft, but they are getting the High Fight Rush IP, so there will be a High Fri Rush two. All of the former employees are invited to return if they want. I'm assuming some of those employees already have at the jobs, so who knows how many of those actual employees are going to be around still. And then you know, I guess the cool thing is that that studio lives on instead of Microsoft shutting them down, So it's essentially you know, we thought about Torstter Bob just basically spinning off and being their own thing. They just allowed in their studio to acquire them instead, And then I think everything is going to stay on game past is from what I understood, like, everything is going to stay where it is. It's not going to just suddenly come off of their according to the press release for Crafted, so I was that's a surprising we were. We were all, you know, lamenting the fact that you're going to shut down a studio that have one of your most critically acclaimed games not too long ago. Do you have faith that are you happy that the High Frive Rust continues? And how much faith do you have in High Frive Rush too, if say, even like maybe half of the people come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously you're excited that, you know, we actually have news of a company returning or being held together as much as possible, or or whatever the case may be, where we're not just talking about people leaving very shocked that it is Crafted. You know, pugg was such a big thing many many years ago. I'm sure a lot of people still play it. I've just fallen off of it. But obviously that's brought in enough money that they have been able to do something like that, and that's exactly what you want to see. I mean, during what was the E three time whatever we want to call it now Summer Games Fest time with the creators of among us helping out a lot of creators. I think that's exactly what you want to see, is the indies coming out making a really big game, making a lot of money, and then using that money and their name brand to try to help others that are that are in trouble. And obviously Tango Game Works was very much in trouble after being dumped by Microsoft. So this is awesome. It's very cool when you have the gaming community help out the gaming community, get away from the big juggernauts out there that are just looking at the bottom line and whether it's a black number or red number at the end of the day, or if that black number is just not big enough to make them feel good. So this is awesome. Hopefully there's enough people from the original Tango Game Works that will take this opportunity and keep the gang together. I'm sure it will not be the same atmosphere as it used to be, but this is this is good news, and hopefully it's not the last of this kind of good news and more and more, you know, the smaller game developers really start rallying together and maybe trying to cut ties a little bit with the Microsoft's and the Sony's that just end up cutting everybody any this is this is nice to.
Speaker 1: See, Yeah, for sure. I mean I do worry about like how many of the original Tango Game Works team is gonna come back, Like how many of them are still out there? I mean, I'm sure there are many that don't have jobs yet are still kind of like we're trying to figure out the next move. Do they want to come back? Just because you are with craft and doesn't necessarily mean that you are gonna be existing for long time because look at what happened with Carlyso Protocol right, that game has a lot of bad history with the two. According to the main person in charge, she said that he was promised a bunch more months to work on the game, and then all of a sudden they told him, oh, no, you're getting this out in December twenty twenty two, whether you like it or not.
Speaker 2: And could that have been more because Dead Space remake was set to come out and they were trying to jump in front of it. Do you think that was the big strategy there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. I'm sure that that definitely had a lot to do with it, that they were trying to make sure that they didn't run into Oh man, we can't come out after it because then no one's going to give two crops about this game, even though yes, there's a lot of similarities, but there are some things that are different as well. But the thing is that you could a lot of people's complaints in the reviews were that that it was rushed and that you could tell it was rushed and it's not great eight. You know, to get that kind of a reception to something when you've worked so hard on it, it's the studios, like first project, then you make this is the impression that you're making. And yeah, and at least with High Fire Rush too. The thing is there's a lot of heavy expectations, right because I think a lot of people's most people gave it, what a great score nine to eight. It won awards, you know, Best Indy. A lot of it was like sound or visuals, but there are people that were giving it like their best Indie game of the year. Some bols maybe gave it their Game of the year, you know, even uh so it's a it's a game that has a lot of expectations on it. So like if you're going to say that you're going to make a High five Rush too, that puts a burden on that studio, especially if mister Johannes is not around, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, and hopefully people will lower those expectations because again, it's not going to be the same group that made High Fire Rush that will make High Fire Rush too. Hopefully, as you said, many of them will. We'll hop back on board and we'll get as close to the same group as possible. But the one thing for Tango Game Works is they're now the underdog story again, right. They are out from under the boot of Microsoft that kicked them off to the side right after their game came out and was such a fantastic success. So I think hopefully that that lowers expectations and we just hopefully are nicely surprised when the sequel finally does come out and hopefully it's really good. But if it comes out and it has some issues because or it doesn't have that same field that High Fire Rush had because you just don't have the same innovators that are a part of the group. Hopefully they don't get completely trashed and then Tango game Works gets booted to the side again, So lower expectations a little bit, and then let's root for the underdog actually have a winning in the story to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm hoping the most for is that it's good news and not bad news that you know, hey, let's uh, let's give them the time to make this game. Let's make sure that we're doing our best to give them all the things they need to make this game. You know, it's not they have other games, right, but when it comes to like pubg that's kind of their one notable, notable game, right that like people know them for. And yeah, some of the other stuff they have is kind of might be like small, you know, bigger, it's like some circles, but it's not anything that like everybody's going, oh man, I can't wait to play this, right, So it's sometimes it's good that they're gonna kind of be able to do their own thing. Will have fry rush now. But like what about you know, music, is that going to be taken back a notch because you don't have Microsoft behind it that might have been able to go that extra mile for that. I mean, yes, they had not just license tracks, but they had tracks that were original made and you could argue that some of those original tracts are even better than the ones that were licensed in there. But is it going to be with the same quality? And that's what I worry about is, you know, are you going to give them that same li and see are you going to give them the tools to be able to make it better than the first one? Was NBA would make it to that like nine to nine point five level true game of the Year type game, where like you know, you take that step from like Haites one to Hades two by all aspects, still an early access by by all aspects. People were saying, Haites two, you know, far above what Hades one was, so ken you let it take that next step. That's what I hope we get out of this. If Microsoft wasn't going to take that bet on them, hopefully Crafton does. And like you said, said, the most important thing out of this is that it's good news in a game industry that is full of and we're gonna talk about one today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, Studio closures, layoffs terrible vibes companies that are like having to slash things here and there because the big game that they bet on didn't do well. So that's, uh, that's an issue, right. And even Sony's had their their PlayStation, they didn't sell as many places fives as they thought they were gonna sell. I mean, it doesn't help that they didn't have any big, huge games that came out either. It's like Stubborn Blade and that was it in this entire quarter. But yeah, so awesome, awesome news to hear about that. But unfortunately, uh, you know what, actually, let's let's stick with the positive news for a couple bit, cup a little bit more before we get the depressing news. Remedy you know, has they've been they've been on a high ever since I Don't Wake two. You got all this critical love and all these awards and everything. You know, it hadn't made its money back yet, and that's they were. But thankfully they were able to finally release a physical version, which that's what a lot of people were waiting on to finally buy this game. Uh. And now they have revealed Remedy Has that they've recouped most of the development and marketing costs, and they've also released that Aunt Wake two DLC The Night Springs you know, last a couple of months ago, which I still need to go buy by all accounts, is actually really good. So excited to kind of dive into it, really and but you know, they they've said that they have other projects in the works and that they keep giving us updates. It feels like every couple of months on where these are. And Control Too apparently has a progress of the production readiness stage where it's now playable, uh to, from beginning to end, and the team's working on scaling it up for the production of the project. That's of course the next game in the whole series. So you know, if you don't know, Control and Alan Waker kind of in cohoots with each other. It's all tied into one remedy verse. You know, everything has to reverse, you know now, So even Max Payne wanted to also is sort of in that same universe, and they're doing these remakes with the rock Star who owns the IP, and that's getting into the production readiness to full production where they're working on a version that's playable from beginning to end right now. Later when Sam Lake is interviewed. He says that the scope of that project is huge because they're taking those old games and bringing them up to like modern standards and everything else. So that's why that game has taken. Those two games have taken a little bit longer, and they are still working on Condor. They have multiple maps and other things with those. So did you play Ellen Wake two yet?
Speaker 2: I know I finally played Alan Wake in the last year when Allen Wake two first came out, and with the plan of playing Allen Wake two, I just haven't yet, hopefully around soon. It is wild to me, though, that that game was so felt like it was so successful when all these awards, so many people talked about it, even though it's usually not one of those styles of games that gets so popular, especially these days. And the quote is it is almost there too, getting back to breaking even instead of a fantastic sussess it just again, We've talked about it several times, both on this podcast and just having conversations that that's just kind of where the landscape of video games is. It's gone too far in one direction where it's gotten too expensive to make these things. It takes so long to make these games that a game that I think all of us would say felt like a success, not only from what people are saying the game played like, but it seemed like it sold well, has not broke even yet. So hopefully we've had all the crazy warning signs, we've laid off enough people in all of these different places, everyone will else scale back and we can get back to games just being games and not these ridiculous, over the top cinematic deals like some games can stay like that, I guess, but I think Mark was the one that posted something about rock Stars release schedule and how they had all these games and then in like the last fifteen years it's been two games because they become so much harder to make. So it is nice, as you said, this is really good news. Dallan wakestuff kind of surprises me, but awesome that they are giving Max Pain the love that it deserves. And it does sound like maybe like the Resident Evil remakes are really pushing people to push the envelope with those remakes and not just kind of throw them out and say here, play this old game again and you can move things around like that. It's nice to see that control too is getting into that that playable stage. I'm glad that Remedy is taking their time with these games. If it was EA, the game would already be out. Yeah, with the release of it's almost ready to be played. Just just wait for the Madden reviews in a week or two those come out. So yeah, I'm a big fan of Remedy, even though I haven't, like I'm not day one with their games, but every time I go, all right, I'm gonna play it Alan Wake, I really enjoyed, even though I played it years late. Control I really enjoyed, even though it took me a year or two to get into that game. So Remedy is becoming more and more of that studio that I'm like, absolutely when they play that game, I have to check in on it and give it a go. So it's nice to see that they have a lot of things cooking and they're all progressing the way that they should be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, know only that, but I just it feels like there's a lot of you can feel the love that's given to those games, and he gets really make that in the image that he wants. And then also like, because those match paying one and two games are technically sort of connected, but you know, they were waited well before Alan Wake and Control ever worse, so now he can connect them more if he wanted to, and Easter egged out. Yeah exactly. I want to see like where all this is going to go connected. Like I remember playing that awe DLC and then finding out the controlling Allen way we're connected, and it's my mind being blown. Was just wow, this they actually connected this and it's like actually a whole universe thing and it's like so cool and they made it actually like all kind of I feel like it works instead of sometimes where the convoluted MCU stuff is. So yeah, I'm excited for the next part of this. I love Controlled out of my Game of the Year that year that it came out, So yeah, Control too, I'm ready for whenever Sam Won and Remedy want to put that thing out. I'll be there day one for sure. Something else talk about like we didn't expect what's coming is Doom one and two And you can actually go play this on game Pass right now, or you can just buy it for ten dollars whichever float your boat is out there on everything, even the e Shop. So the original versions of Doom one and two are now enhanced with like remastered graphics that uses a different engine that was also used for there Masters of Done sixty four, Quake and Quake two. It supports sixteen by nine sixty frames per second and it can even go up to one hundred and twenty frames and four k I'm guessing that's mostly on PC. And it also has like a new story mode that's part of Doom two, and there's like sixteen player deathmatch and co op cross platform multiplayer. Even so a lot of stuff added in here. The new episode was actually created by like a bunch of people from its software Night Dive and Machine Games, so lots of different people like all coming together to make that, which is really cool. Deathmatch has like twenty five maps, six pods, episodes, all that for ten bucks or on game pass, whichever you prefer. But still, like I get Microsoft credit. Look, they don't have to do any of this. You're taking it old ass, old ass freaking games that like you know, everybody and their mother played at some point already, and then you're giving us stuff that I think nobody even knew existed with these games and like bringing it forward to the modern consoles. Like that's that's cool. Not a lot of people are doing that, like everybody's remastering the everybody's doing remasters. But given credit for doing something that's like, we didn't overprice this, we didn't try. Yeah for ten bucks nothing, that's what they would cost, and here you go.
Speaker 2: It has doomed passed Tetris yet for being remade on on more consoles. It feels like Doom is up there where it's every couple of years he is released again.
Speaker 1: And how many versions of Doom do you know the whole collection?
Speaker 2: I don't want to know A few. I know I own a few, some good, some bad. I think I've been owned the Atari jag warbs be fair. So yeah, I have a couple.
Speaker 1: Do you do you have an old game that you'd want to see? I mean, obviously this happens because it's does the Microsoft ip. You know they're investing because they own it. But do you have something old like that, like you wish you could get a.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean I would much rather than just come back with new stuff than bring back the old stuff that I still haven't bought it just because I have again, I haven't had any time to play anything. Get at my job is as brutal as now. All the colleges and high schools are ramping up to start their season, so we're doing all these reviews and stuff, so hopefully i'll get to it. But speaking of Bad Brackets and the Genesis episode that comes out next week, I talked lovingly about Rocket Night and Adventures that just they came out with the collection style deal over the last couple of weeks, so I'm excited to play those. So I want to see more collections, right, I didn't realize because my poor Nintendo Switch collects dust. My son plays his all the time. My daughter actually plays my switch to play that Princess Peach, but I just don't play the Switch as much anymore. But so I hadn't been keeping up with those old classic console deals that they have on their the Sega Jennis ones that is actually really nice. Like Wes who's been a friend of this show and is on that episode of Bad Brackets, kept showing all the different games that were on our brackets that are available on at virtual console. So unfortunately Rock and Eyed Adventures not on there, so you have to get to collect. Yeah, there's too many to try to list, and a lot of them have gotten been put in bundles and stuff. But I just want to see you I.
Speaker 1: Agree with you there. I do think that, you know, as Microsoft just did with what's with a Crash Insane trilogy? They put that on game Pass. You know that lets you play the first three Crash games. You know, more things like that, right, the less you maybe.
Speaker 2: The Turtles collection that they came out with, that collection.
Speaker 1: That's going to come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that where replay was fantastic. I just want more of that. I don't I don't want to have to buy Doom for the thirty seven time. But if Doom is in a collection of a bunch of other stuff and take my money.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's let's have an old school shooter collection and you.
Speaker 3: Put all that stuff in it, for sure, But that kind of ends the happier make sure, Yeah, that kind of ends the happiness for this episode.
Speaker 1: The rest of it is kind of negative or just laughingly negative or uh whatever. And then we'll get into some I guess cool announcement stuff at the end there. But moving onto something we talked about last week. Obviously, it was the talk of the town last week. It was like the big news of the week, the whole bunch of layoffs and everything else. They did come out and say that, listen, don't worry about Destiny two. We're still going to be working on that, which they have to work on it. That's like their main game. If they don't have Destiny two, what are they doing right, let'sy're going to say they're working of Destiny three even Okay, we'll believe that when you know, I actually see it happening. But they are working on that other game, which is technically not a remaster of the original game. It's an extraction shooter version of Marathon, which you know, extraction shooters are like a Domin dozen now, so take that for what you will. But Dracus Schreier was on the Friends per Second podcast, which is a great podcasts go listen to. It has Skill Up, Jake Baldino and oh my gess, I can't remember her name right. I'm gonna hate myself for not remembering the third person right now, but she's from Gainspot. She does an awesome job on it. But she was on there basically giving kind of like thoughts on the whole bungee thing, and he was asked, like, what's the what's the thought on Marathon, which is, you know, the other game the people are kind of waiting on from Bungeee, And he says it's not great as you expect. Not a lot of faith going on right now with that company. So yeah, that whole game just has a bad vibe on it. He says, you know, just even as of a few months ago. That's kind of the whole thing. And he says that he kind of feels that it could be like another Suicide Squad, where you know, people kind of get hyped, like there's a lot of hype. There's a lot of thought about it internally, but it's like a game that you've been working on, working on, working on, and then even though it's not doing well, you put it out anyway because you spent so much money on it that you have to put it out and then it just bombs. And that's kind of like that's a bad sentiment, right. He does bring up that you know, Hell Divers too, Nobody thought that game was going to do awesome and then it does. Right, what do you? I know? You don't. Neither one of us are probably the the people to talk about or talk to when it comes to this this type of game. But what do you kind of do you feel like that as well, just this is what's going to happen to that game, or are you kind of trying to be more on the positive side of hoping.
Speaker 2: It's it's surprising because of all the news with Bungee. So obviously I don't think if Marathon was doing wonderfully production wise and it was looking like this is going to be some crazy hit that that Sony would then lay off a bunch of Bungee people, they would really go full bor on this. So you knew things were going to get dumped and dropped, and and there were reasons that that they were making all the layoffs, and obviously you got to think Marathon is one of those. So the news isn't too surprising that way. But like you said, it's it's to be seen what happens here, whether it has you know, the Hell Divers two version of it where it rebounds and ends up having a great launch and becomes a successful game, or if it has a Suicide Squad version where it's like they start showing the game, you're like, this isn't ready, this is this is not what we were expecting. And then they just release it anyways and we're like, nope, we were trying to warn you this was not the direction we thought you were going in and we don't want this, or if it just ends up getting canceled would also suck as well. So I mean, obviously there's different paths to take. We'll see what happens, but this kind of news is very much not surprising after a bunch of layoffs for a company that one of their projects is not performed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he also brings up the whole like when this when this was shown off along with a bunch of the other multiplayer stuff during that state of play that Sony had was last year, right, they also had that fair Games shooter that we haven't seen any more of, but that was also being worked on. That's when they first showed off the Concord was working this. They were working on something. The studio of Firewalks was working on Concord, you know. So that's kind of when they did the whole multiplayer initiative, and extruction shooters were a lot hotter than now they're not so so much. And then like you're gonna have this come out what a year or even too later when it's even possible that it's even cooler than it is. That's also not a good thing because people are going to be done with that genre right more often than not, or they're going to have that game that they play in that genre. They're not gonna move to another game, you know, especially when there's just so much negativity. It sucks again because it's like, like we thoked about last week, Destiny's never had more critical acclaim than it does right now with this new expansion, and then you just shove all the negativity right in front everybody's face with the layoffs now grinted. The GQ gamer, the casual gamer that doesn't care about anything that happens in gaming aside from whatever game they're going to play next, has no idea probably about these layoffs and do not care. They just won't care that they can keep so and maybe Marathon will you know, do that for them, and it won't matter what we think about it or anybody else thinks about it, because it will do well with you know, just the regular gamer. It just plays games.
Speaker 2: You just never know what's going to catch on. And that's the fun thing is it's the why video creating video games is so difficult is you come out with your vision and it either hits or doesn't. But especially when you're working at a bigger company that is all about the bottom line. Something comes out and is that big hit, and now all of a sudden you can't work on your vision. We need your version of that big hit because we want to have that same success. But that rarely happens. Like the big hit is the big hit. Everything else is just clones of that and then usually dies off and then you get laid off. But it's just that that part of gaming drives me not not.
Speaker 1: To mention it. Just if let's say this doesn't do well, you use them as your consultant company, your consultancy developer. They're the ones that were the ones you went to to talk about, you know, why the Last of Us multiplayer game wasn't gonna do well, and why all these other multiplayer games what direction they went in. So if this doesn't do well, that doesn't bode well for using them as your advice firm there. So that's another thing to kind of look at on that front. But all right, moving on to we talked about you know, Gaming Former closing down last week and we go from gaming former to another like beacon of giving you news gaming stuff from people that have journalism backgrounds from and also women and gaming just out of nowhere. Also, I don't know if I kind of could see some of it ever since they did the relaunch this year, I'm talking about what's good games, where like Andrea and Britt kind of came back, and Britt says she couldn't on every episode anymore. And Andrew was going to keep trying to do it, but there was going to be different stuff she was going to kind of throw in, and it wasn't just going to be you know, Rihanna, Britt and Andrew, Andrew was going to try to bring in different things. And I could kind of see their riding on the wall of like this feels like it's probably not gonna last very much longer because if you've already had Steimer left, you know, previously went to Germany and you had you know, and hey, everybody grows up. All three of them had babies with their significant others. All that became moms. That's as we know as dads. That's a that's a different world you live in once you have children, you know more responsibility, more stuff you have to deal with, less time for yourself, and I think they probably kind of looked the returns on all this stuff and maybe this decided, hey, it's becoming harder and harder to get everybody together to do something. You know, let's end it. So they kind of put out a statement on ex Twitter basically thanking everybody for listening for seven years. That's a long time for a podcast really to last that long. And you know, three hundred and seventy five episodes, that's that's crazy too. That's a huge number. And they're they're gonna keep going unto us about September twenty seventh, and then that's gonna be the final episode. So they're gonna have about another month and a half of shows. You know, they thank everybody that watches or listens or whatever. And it made me sad because it's a podcast that I listened to every week or watch every week, and as somebody that likes to, you know, both of us have daughters. You want that feeling of letting your kids know that they can also do this right, especially you know yourself that you're in media. And we thought to guests last week about how it feels like a lot of that old media is dying, right, and they come from that media background, and to be able to do this for seven years to show you that a journalism can still go on, we can kind of meld that into like a talking thing and do that. And then to see that they're going to be gone now too, it kind of sucks to one more, one more piece of that old school pile. Obviously, I didn't know much of Andrew until I watched kind of Funny and then she was on kind of Funny Games Daily with Greg and then she announced that she was doing WGG then and then I followed her after that. But it's like it's and I didn't I didn't even know Britt wrote for ign or Rihanna did stuff with Xbox until they were all on that show together. But it's like, it's such a cool thing. I think we would do that for so long, be kind of like a big thing when it came to podcasting, and then kind of sucks that they're having to be done with it.
Speaker 2: But this almost I mean, obviously I don't know these people personally by any means. I've seen some of their content, but I don't follow them as much as you do. But from their statement, it seemed like this was more of a just a personal decision and we all kind of go through that. So to me, this is I mean, it's sad that to see a podcast like this go, but it seems like they're all doing just fine, whether it's with families or professionally. It's not like they're getting laid off and now what are they going to do with their time. It just seems like they have done so well and they're doing so well, you know, personally with their families and stuff, that they just don't have the time to do this, which sucks for the viewer, and you know, that's a piece of media that that that we lose and that kind of sucks. But at least this is not a layoff. This is not Game Informer just kicking them out the tour. This is their decision and I wish them the best of luck with whatever they are.
Speaker 1: Like their own thing. You know, Rihanna does the podcast with you know, her husband Danny Pinya, who's talk about podcasts or old school podcasts are from back like in the two thousands days they Gamer tech Radio has been on for like over one thousand of it was like, you know, he's he's been there since true from the beginning, so like him and his wife are so doing that. Andrea's husband works for Disney on the game side, so.
Speaker 2: They're all good. They're all doing their stuff. I'm sure we will see them elsewhere. So wow, it does kind of suck to a podcast is going away. I totally understand it. We had to do the same thing here recently with with our normal sports show here. With me getting my job, it made it more difficult as far as being able to still do that. We hope to still have like shows here and there, but just trying to figure that out. So I totally get where this is coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, definitely. It's just like another one of those like sucks to see kind of things. But like you said, everybody's going to be probably doing their own thing. I'm sure Andrew will announce something at some point whenever she's figured that out, and we'll see how that goes. But I guess I don't know if this is necessarily bad or good. I don't know. But Warner Brothers again is talking about selling a stake in their games division or trying to get somebody to buy into giving them money for their games, not outright selling everything, but just kind of doing like I guess the equivalent of Sony and Tencent putting money into Frumsoft or ten Cent putting money in a Ebisoft and only like ten percent of it or whatever something I can to.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, come invest with Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Microsoft, I think was there was a lot of rumors about Microsoft possibly being interested. Not much has happened after that. And I mean they do have IP, right, they have one of brothers they had, you know, they have the DC IP, they have Harry Potter Motor Kombat like, they have IP that people want, right, they have the Lego Games IP. So there is some in there that, like, let's say, if you did get an investor, they get something out of it as well. They get some money out of the side of that. I think the more interesting part of it is that David Zoslov talks about maybe we're going to go more in the direction of letting others work on our IP, something I think we've talked about with like should Nintendo maybe do this more. We've seen Nintendo do it with some of like the smaller things like that Legend of Zelda collab with the Necro craft of the Necro Dancer Indy dev you know, and they made the Zelda version of that. Do you think that one this would actually happen? And then two like, do you have any games that you'd want to see somebody kind of take over and do their thing with?
Speaker 2: No, I have no idea. I mean, maybe something could actually make Suicide Squad better, or at least you said IP better. I guess obviously hogh worts igacy was a big hit, and Lego is doing just fine, and Mortal Kombat has their stuff going. But to me, and I don't know the business end of all of this stuff or what this will do. The one thing I'll kind of latch onto was the idea that they would let other studios use their IP, and I think that's where the gaming needs to go a bit more. Instead of the big boys gobbling up all of the game developers, they just have the IP and then allow the game developers to make you a game under their their own umbrella, and then hopefully it's a win win and then people don't get laid off as much. Hopefully. That's probably not how that works at all, But I don't know. I mean, I don't play very many of these games anyways, but getting different spins on them would be totally fine. But as you said, this is very vague right now, so we will kind of see what direction it goes.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's one of those like we're gonna talk about it. We don't know if it's actually gonna happen or not, but there are things about it, so who knows. And we've seen a lot. We've seen a lot of this right where and Nindie dev takes a game, uh Ninja Turtles, my gosh, I guess straights and rage poor like bringing back an old game that was maybe by somebody else, letting somebody that doesn't they know about the game. They love the game, they love the series, but they get to do their own spin on it, right, and it turns out great? Right, And if you're gonna let them do it, but on a bigger scale, right, maybe like a double a version of that instead of well it has to be this grand hordwort s I cancy two kind of thing. I'd be down with that. I think that that's that's awesome. Like you said, we should see more studios. Microsoft should do this with the thing all this ip that they don't do anything with like right, these other studios do that, like pay them money to make something that you don't want to your your own studios don't want to make it, Then find somebody that will pay the money. You know, nobody wants to make a banjo kazooey game in your own house. Go find somebody that does. You know, like, you know how much somebody would would love to have a band of Zoey three or whatever they like. Yeah, it's just I would love to see that happen more often. Obviously, it probably require mics have to kind of send people to make sure that they're actually you know, doing right by the series and all that. But I don't think it's as much work as getting your own studios to do that, and it's a win win for everyone. Talking about showing love to an IP, lots of talk about what do you I kind of I kind of feel two ways about this, but kind of somebody that's like maybe not so much like in the games thing as I am, and loves these games as much as I do. The lack of Dragon actors recently talked about, you know, they have the new like a Dragon show that's going to come on Amazon, and it's going to start with like a Dragon one and kind of go from there. So you're gonna have somebody being cureiou and kind of doing that whole story or whatever. The actor said that the production team prevented them from playing the games in order to get ready for to do these roles right. They wanted them to have their own take on it. Their understanding was they wanted to take their own take on it and not be imitating what they saw in the game or kind of trying to channel the same thing that was already in the game. But then if you look at it from the other perspective, as an actor is and that's your job to study what came before, what to study what's there right to. We saw this with Ela Pernell with Fallout right. She played the games right, she did the acting and people praised her. I think Walton Gogin said he didn't particularly, So it's, you know, two different forms of that. And Walton Goggins is the one up for the award right now, So what do you think, as you know somebody that also watches media, do you do you feel like they're doing wrong by the game if they're not playing the game and know they know about the games. Obviously they know about the history of the thing, but they they're not they are not actively aware of all these characters and what they do in the game. What do you think.
Speaker 2: It's scary when you read something like this because you're going, well, then, how are they going to be able to portray my favorite character from my video game? They're it's not going to be the same. But I also get the other end of it, where they don't want them just trying to hit those same beats and kind of not having their own interpretation of it, because that's what these are. They're they're interpretations of the world there video games created. They want to create their own world. And there's this fine line that is so incredibly difficult to have or to reach when you're doing video game adaptations to movies of doing your own vision of the world and being respectful to the original books. It's so much easier because all of those words are, for the most part, can be interpreted differently in the way that the character speaks, in the way the character acts. There's things in paragraphs that will explain the base idea, but any of us that are reading have our own vision in mind, so that works in their favor. For video games, we see it, we hear them, we see how they act that, we see how they react to different situations, and that's what we then expect in these adaptations. And sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But I will also say those that try to be too faithful to a game, they don't work either, right, like those that get so upset. Like we'll take the Uncharted movie for example, So many people got so upset because it's a younger Nathan Drake and solely didn't act the way that the video game solely did and it's their own adaptation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both of them were too young, right, like should have been older? Yeah, but it should have been older. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed that movie because of the the interactions that that those two had. Is it the Nate and solely from the video games? Absolutely not. But as long as you can kind of separate the two mentally, that's fine. Though it does scare you, and I'm sure you're the same way for the like of Dragons. No, you can't see how this character acts, and you're like, but I want them to kind of be like here, you and these other characters I don't want them just to Okay, he has the hair, but he acts completely different, so it hopefully there is like, don't watch this, but here's a detailed list of things about this character that will allow you to be close enough. But your own interpretation. People are gonna get mad no matter what about this stuff. Even good adaptations like follow Up, people are like, well, it's not exactly like this, or it's not No, it's not supposed to be exactly like that.
Speaker 1: We'll make everything exactly. Then there's nothing special about it because you could just play the game.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen to the Paul W. S Anderson Resident Evils are hot garbage. But that low budget one to Welcome to Raccoon City that really tried to hit the story beats of Resident Evil one and two also sucked. So it doesn't matter if it's a straight adaptation or not.
Speaker 1: You wonder if they would have had the production quality that Paul W. S Anderson movies, maybe it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It sucks so bad because that's far no they because they try to force in scenes from those two games and they didn't get the feet right.
Speaker 1: That's true to uh for one. Also, it's not necessarily the actors, because whenever the actors were just being told what to do, yes, they have they have to project and they have to personify those characters. But the writing team, yes, the creatives around them, the director, the producer, the makeup teams, the effects artists. Those are the people that actually need to be able to have the source material. Yes, the writers, because they are the ones that are gonna put the Easter eggs in there. They're the ones that are going to put the ambiance and all the stuff behind it, uh, you know, make sure that he does have the cue you hair and the Moduma patch and all that other stuff that those are the people that are going to make sure that they honor those if they care about it. Now another movie, you know, as long as they don't treat it like apparently Gearbox did with the Borderlands movie, then I think we're all we're all good there. Look, yes, dude, I agree that I think we've all seen what happens when you have people behind the games involved is what matters. Todd Howard was involved with Fallout Show, so he made sure that most of that was you know, close to the games or you know, presented the games. Well, Miamoto was there for Mario movie, but.
Speaker 2: The last of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody was freaking laughing at that entire cast that was made for the Mario movie, and then what happened. Everybody loved it. So you're talking so much crap about something that hasn't even come out yet. And yes, there's still a lot of bad stuff, as the Borderlands movie will will show you, there's a lot of good stuff. This may be with video games now, So I don't think we needed just all of a sudden, just because one thing happened, we need to kill the movie. But hey, this happens with Marvel all the time and Disney all the time, where oh you're miscasting and you're doing this and.
Speaker 2: You know, and it works out or it doesn't work out, and who knows until it's actually out there. And listen, video game movies are so much our TV series are so much better than they used to be. On app rich Borderlands apparently knocked down at average a little bit, but on average at least we're getting some that are good. Yeah, that you should not be the case at all.
Speaker 1: And I also see the fact, I think also the you don't want to run into the thing that you had with which is a good thing. He loved. He loved the books to a fault. The guy that did the Witcher, uh, Superman, all that stuff, he loved the books to a fault, to where he got in the director's face and basically told him that this is bullshit, you know, and it's like that's not good either. I think that's what they don't want to run into either. You don't want to run into somebody that's so passionate about the series that this isn't right and that's not right and this was not right that like you can't even do what you want to do, your vision of it because somebody's there constantly telling you, uh, you know, what's wrong and right about So I think you've got to be careful with that too, right, So it's better to like let them kind of be framed by whatever it is. Again, it's not on the actors. It's on the people behind the actors to make sure that that's right and you don't get too carried away with doing your vision and not like being right by the stuff. Right. So, yeah, I guess let's bring it up because Borderlands movie was so bad that it apparently did terrible at the box office. I think all it made was like fifty million, and then it was critically panned everywhere, just bad reviews all around, saying basically that it's hurtless, souless. The jokes are terrible. I mean, the jokes of Borderlines are terrible anyway, Like it's trying to almost be a joke of Borderlands. There's like nothing about that kind of really respects what that is. And then of course Randy Pittsford uses that to jump on it to be like, hey, don't worry, we're making the Borderlands for by the way, in his own way, he says, oh, we're doing this. We're getting ready for you with the the you know, for spelled out.
Speaker 2: But you gotta you gotta take whatever publicity you can get. Yeah, turn it as positive as you positively can.
Speaker 1: Look, it's, uh, what do we used to say back in the day, Like this is the thing I saw, And I was like, oh, this is a rental. Right, I'm not going to movie theater to watch this. I'll watch this when it comes on streaming or whatever. I kind of sort of care about Borderlands in a way, but yeah, I had no interest in seeing this, even though I like Jack Black. I love Jack Black, I like Kevin Hart, but it's like I saw those in the movie and I was like, Oh, we're just trying to do Jumanji, yes, the new Jumanji again with with other people, and it's like, that's probably not gonna work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I the moment you started getting the ridiculous list of actors and actresses in this movie, usually there's a sign of this is going to be hot garbage, but we're going to try to distract you with these big names. A lot of animations do that these days, where it's like, here's a list of fifteen amazing actors and actresses that it did voices to our movie. That absolutely sucks, but please remember that these cool actors are in here and still give us your mind.
Speaker 1: Some of them are there for like two lines, but hey, they're in there. Yes, you know, let's come watch it please.
Speaker 2: Ye disappointed and not surprising.
Speaker 1: But speaking disappointing. Even though a though people didn't like Order eighteen eighty six, I still like the idea of it. I still like the ambiance around it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you've talked about it.
Speaker 2: Randy really liked the Order eighteen eighty six My big issue with a lot of other people was it was too short, right, just wanted more of it. I was hoping this take off, then they get a sequel, then we get that the real game. Like it's like I said, I'm usually not one that comes up with I'm usually not one that that says linked matters with the money that you're getting in. But for all of the different things that they were trying to do in the different systems that they had in this game, it was so short that you only get it once and you're like, well, this is a cool concept, so let's do it more and then the game's over. So I just wanted to see more of it. I thought visually, especially for when it came out, that it looked fantastic. I really just thought that it was all right, here's here's like a tech demo for this game, and now get ready for the second one. And then everyone panned it because it was so short, and it kind of just went.
Speaker 1: Proof it is and that studio has a good chart recard. I mean, they made three of the best PSP games, Das their God of War, Stains of Olympus, and Ghost as Sparta U. Then they went on to Order eighteen eighty six, and then they went into VR and made Loneko and Lo Necko too, and they continued to do things at VR, being bought by Meta in twenty twenty. And unfortunately Meta is now basically encouraging the employees to go apply elsewhere because the studio is going to uh and they did say that it doesn't have to. They're not just like you know, killing their home games division and they're not going to start, you know, cutting other studios. They were just apparent, you know, sadly closing down Ready at Dawn. Sucks. Sucks to see that.
Speaker 2: It's not surprising. Unfortunately, this was news that Honestly, when I saw this in the notes, I went that they're still around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you.
Speaker 2: Would have thought they would have been cut a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's rather unfortunate really that that has happened with them. But I hope that they, you know, everybody finds new jobs quickly. And again, pr VR itself is not doing tremendous I mean metas trying to met us keeping it around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, people keep trying with it.
Speaker 1: Maybe someday somebody will unlock it and we'll get to that Ready player one future. It's not happening anytime soon. But hey, at least Disney had their big D twenty three thing. They didn't really have anything gaming related unfortunately, Like I don't know what, I guess maybe they're just putting that out at games Calm. I thought it was weird that the only thing they showed off gaming related was like Fortnite, but everything else well collapse with Fortnite, I should say. Everything else was about their movies and TV shows.
Speaker 2: They were a little busy showing everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I would have thought, like, maybe you know, have Square Enix have like something we keep them hearts ready or.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, you could calm down with your Kingdom Heart stuff. It's not ready till the Game Awards. You have to wait till Game Awards to see anything about that game.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe give you a few more months. It's a good going.
Speaker 2: But hey, and I meant Game Awards twenty seven, Oh mantlet me wait that long.
Speaker 1: Come on by then we'll have Rebirth for three.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, let's get that out of the way before we get back in king the Parts. Please.
Speaker 1: Uh so, just to roll this off and then Randy, you can kind of give me whatever you care about here. So God Avatar three getting the name which is Fire and Ash. Uh. They are continuing. This is not ending. They're continuing with the live action push. So there's a live action Leader and Stitch live action Snow White that has a trailer live action Lion King two Mufasa, which that makes sense with the live action Lion King being like, what the fourth the fourth most grossing movie ever, which is ridiculous. Uh, the is gonna be in a Monster Jam movie. I'm not kidding. Uh, They're still doing the Moana live action movies. And then there's now a Tron ares which is quote unquote Tron three, and at least on the good side of things, there's a Mamana two, Frozen three and four, Incredible three, Toy Story five, and then there's some original stuff with Pixar getting Dude, that Ilio movie, which I think is their next movie, and then Win or Lose the TV series which is about baseball, and then Dream Production with with a TV series about Inside Out with the different types of dreams that I forgot her name the kid.
Speaker 2: Has Oh shoot, yeah, yeah, I haven't seen I watch Inside Out to that that first weekend, I just can't think of her.
Speaker 1: Name, but uh yeah, anything jump out at you.
Speaker 2: None of the live action stuff, Yeah, not Lelo Stitch. Maybe I will hold judgment just because I'm a big ligut one Stitch fan. But we'll see how that goes. The snow White trailer looked horrible. Yeah, I know that there was a lot of drama with the dwarves and was it. Peter Dinklide went up against Disney saying that they should not use actual dwarves for this movie, and then other little people got upset about it. I know Hornswaggle was one of those. I've seen an interview with him where he was really pissed off by Peter Dinklide saying, hey, don't take work away from me just because you don't want to be a part of it kind of thing. But it looked horrible with the CG dwarves in that movie, that's just stupid. We'll wait and see Moanaitu looks cute, but we'll see where that goes. I have no interest in Frozen three or four. Never watched the second one. Incredibles, that's fine. I love the fact that Toy Story five is such an early development. They didn't even have l was acting for their teazer. It's just here's what he was. And no they're not talking because we haven't recorded anything yet.
Speaker 1: Tim Allen and Tom Hanks are gonna do it again.
Speaker 2: So we will see Winter Lose looks cute. I might check that one out. But yeah, as far as the Disney stuff goes, this was a lot of stuff that they showed a lot of. It just feels like, Okay, we've used all of our ips. What do we do now? Yeah, I guess. I guess we'll get into the fours and fives and the live actions. I wasn't wasn't the biggest fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you. I'm down for an incredible three. Hopefully they take more from the first movie than the second one. I was one that I was not happy about Toy Story four, and then that movie wound up being really good.
Speaker 2: So I've gotten to that point. Just just give me more Toy Story. Apparently every time I was like, why why we do it another one? Oh? Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't care about Avatar. I know I'm very tron. Give me all the Tron you want. So I'm down with that, and I'm cool with Majana and Frozen. I know, I forgot Zutopia to another one that's made. He made it, and I was very happy that there's a Sopia too.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Star Wars, thankfully did they They've kind of dropped down on the Star Wars stuff. They are not overdoing it with that. Now there's a kid's show, a Star Wars Skeleton Crew, the Mandalorian and Grogu, which is going to be a movie apparently, and then and Or season two. That's all they did for Star Wars.
Speaker 2: It's always weird when they have TV series and then they throw up movie spin off in there, and then you have to figure out where that goes in the timeline. But maybe it just works out better. Right Were you a fan of the and or I never watched the first or so I got burnt out by then?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't blame you, but I did like and a lot, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: Of course, Marble, where they have they've also kind of pared it down some thankfully, but they have this is a lot of the stuff that they still had cooking before they started canceling stuff.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: X Men ninety seven season two No brainer. X ninety seven was amazing Marble Zombies, which is a spin off of the What If Marble season you know, which that's still going What If season three. Uh, there's an Eyes of Wakanda, which is a Black Panther spin off show. And then you're finally Neighborhood spider Man, which, okay, you always got to have some kind of Spider Man animated things whatever, that should be good. Those those are always good.
Speaker 2: Animated Spider Man. Yeah, Animated Spider Man always works out.
Speaker 1: Agatha along which I'm actually kind of excited about. I haven't been too into the Disney Plus shows for a while, but the Agatha one I've kind of been into because WandaVision was so was actually really good, so and I like that care.
Speaker 2: It's crazy at WandaVision. I mean, Loki's been good. I should still need to finish season two. We're a couple episodes in. But season one of Loki, I don't want to say ill will of that. That was a very great show as well. But like Guandavision came out and blew your minds because it was the so you start watching like, what the hell is this? This isnt Avengers like we were thinking, and then it had all these twists and turns in it, and it just was fantastic. Obviously Wanda in it with her Agatha in it was a great twist. So while the trailer hasn't sold me yet, I'm definitely going to watch this just to see what kind of twists and turns to add to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Darried, there Were Born Again. That looks like it's going to be great now, especially now that they've tied it to the original Netflix show, which they weren't going to do it first, but now they are Kathain Ricer, Brave New World. The more I see of it, the more I'm kind of red exciting about it, especially now with like Red Hulk and all that stuff. I wasn't at first. I don't, but now we'll see. Before we get to like, you know, that time in February, we'll see how it goes. Fantastic for the first Steps looks interesting. Well, I guess we'll see more when we get to it. And Ironheart, I don't know, ye.
Speaker 2: Can of Fantastic for Anything finally works, a Fantastic four.
Speaker 1: Finally have Marvel involved and it doesn't work, then, you know, just forget about it.
Speaker 2: TV shows, spin offs, movies, Fantastic for it, just never.
Speaker 1: We'll see because the main villain Fantastic four is going to be your main villain for the Avengers movies, so we'll see how that goes crossed. Yeah, but that's that's the announcements from there, some good stuff. I think the thing that I enjoy the most is that they're not like overdoing it now. It feels like between this and Comic Con they have like fifty things they get announced that I'm like, holy.
Speaker 2: Crap, that's now we're down to like thirty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's cool it a little bit on that. But all right, before we get out of here as this customary, I guess, let's just kind of look at some things that are coming out in this week. And of course the biggest one Raandy mentioned it Madden NFL. It's amazing that we now have too Madden twenty fives.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true. I think I have a Maden twenty five over here somewhere.
Speaker 1: So we have the anniversary Madden twenty five with was it the Mahomes and Brady on the cover, and then now you just have Madden twenty five the regular version.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that? Like Calvin Johnson on the Madden twenty five cover.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't remember, I thought it. They might have had multiple covers.
Speaker 2: I swear I thought was the wrong lion in my head. Barry Sanders was on one of them, and Adrian Peterson was on the other.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, but yeah, So if you're in, you know, preseasons already started for the NFL, and college football is about to start this weekend, so you know, get ready for you and for your stuff there. And then aside from that, the rest of it is kind of you know, of the smaller fair Green Hell's coming to p sven Xbox series. If you like those games, that game you definitely can go get in your new systems. Now, the Devil's Playhouse seven Max remaster coming to everything that comes out in a couple of days. Kena Bridge Spirits finally comes to the Xbox. So you've been waiting to play that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need a sequel to that already.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, Sonny, let's get going with that. Dredge pick another DLC with the Iron rig. I really like Dredge, so if you do as well, we'll get this DLC. And yeah, and Obboss as well, and this Godfather the Mafia Pigeons saga. It's awesome, looked interesting. Every time I've seen it, it's like a yeah, Godfather take with pigeons, It's hilarious. Uh. And then heay next week that Black Beth Wukong that people have been waiting on the next Souls like, that's gonna maybe take something away from Ellan Ring, who knows a lot of people are excited about it. So it's not coming the Xbox for a while because I guess Sony at the last minute paid some money to keep it over there. But it will come eventually. And then of course that Concord and the World of Warcraft expanses coming out towards a little bit later.
Speaker 2: That Rugrats game comes out this week I does. Okay, speaking of Nicktoons and bad brackets.
Speaker 1: There you go, there, I go see it all right, Nnie, Well, you know, give us a little bit one more promo here for bad brackets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bad brackets. Every Monday, I do a twenty four item bracket every single week, bring on three of my friends Seawan's on there several times and just torture them as far as how bad my bracket is, and they have to figure out who wins. It all again. Nicktoons was the one that just came out today. It started out so friendly and ended out so poorly. And as Sean did allude to Sega Genesis Games for those gamers out there, that would be next week and then also next Thursday, we're debuting a new show called Bad Brackets Eliminator or it's more of a trivia style thing, just a one round test for now. Maybe we'll expand it out, but I just wanted to come out with a shorter little episode throughout the week just to try to give us some more content. So we'll see how that goes. We've recorded the first episode, but that will be out next third.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully it goes well because you always want to see, you know, give, give, go, give Randy to subscribe follow all that appreciated, and well, we'll be here next week on Monday. We'll see if Mark finally comes back home and joins us here for the next episode. Hopefully it'll be more positive one, not so much negative talk here as it seems like it always is if skeep with games. But hey, at least we got the one nice thing. But think our game works someone than everybody black follow subscribe all that stuff. Listening to podcasts or watch on video, whichever we do, appreciate it, and we'll see you next time.