Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six fortys.
Speaker 2: I like the idea of you being able to control your body. And I know I'm now talking about pro choice. Way beyond that, I think the choice to die is just as important, especially people that I don't like and convincing them to pop off. Hey, your life really is worth living, you know, people really do hate you. Keep those emails coming, boys and girls.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Where were you gonna go?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I have to take toast out of the toaster of it because I don't want to wake up Lindsay. And it's a loud beat. So tell you what, Why don't you guys talk? Just talk about yourself. I'll be back in thirty second. By the way, this is real.
Speaker 3: I never will I'll write that, not even married yet and he's still what are those two little raisins on the Oh he left his testicles, that poor guy. Kf I am six forty. Good morning, everybody, it's the Bill Handles Show. You wouldn't know it because right before we started, right before I mean the music play, he goes, Oh wait, I'll be back in a minute, I'm like, what what do you what do you mean?
Speaker 2: And and face, hey, I missed the timing because Lindsay's just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna go upstairs and find out I missed my hand.
Speaker 3: Where she hits you?
Speaker 2: It's it is. It's a very loud beep. Sometimes, yeah, it's a very loud beep, and sometimes it wakes her up. So I sort of went in very late, and I thought I was gonna grab it, but by the time it went in and the beep had already beeped off.
Speaker 3: So like a little kid, does she hurt you?
Speaker 4: Everybody hurts me?
Speaker 3: Wow? This is a Monday?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, it is Monday, by the way, And it's gonna be a fun week.
Speaker 4: It really is, because I'm off.
Speaker 2: On Friday for a couple of three weeks, so I'm gonna have a good time.
Speaker 3: I think you'll be off a couple times this week before then.
Speaker 4: No, I won't be I'm never off.
Speaker 3: No, it's no.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry. Now there you go. I missed it completely. Is that kind of a morning?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it is good morning, so let me say hello. I saw will there for a second? Will you were on the screen and then you disappeared.
Speaker 4: I was I.
Speaker 2: Was fixing Amy's ipat there and okay, well I saw you enough to remind me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Friday, I didn't quite do it right. No, you got I got you.
Speaker 2: Just enough to you know, see you And okay, so now I can say hello hello.
Speaker 4: Then there's uh and good morning.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're eating, like a ramen something I want for practice.
Speaker 5: I'm having cream of wheat.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I love cream of wheat. Sugar takes me back, right, Yeah? Oh I got that stuff. I got it in the entry sister, you know.
Speaker 5: Me love it?
Speaker 4: Now you do instant cream of weed? Or do you really cook it the way you're supposed to cook?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, they have we have little packets here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's instant the packet. Where where do we have little packets? Oh? We do.
Speaker 2: We also have oatmeal. I had oatmeal for the first time this weekend. You know, the brown sugar instant oatmeal. It's pretty good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, not bad.
Speaker 3: Don't we have a little drawer of stuff?
Speaker 4: Okay? Fair enough?
Speaker 3: Is does this how the four report sounds? Because if it does, I quit it sounds.
Speaker 2: Worse than this Cono, good morning and Amy, good morning, Hi Bill.
Speaker 4: You know what as some echo is going on, So somebody's got a mute. You know, we do this.
Speaker 2: You know, we're always talking about muting. And here's why I might as well give you a little bit inside baseball. Uh, the way we talk to each other through the monitors, we have to unmute and uh then we then when we start talking on the air, we have to mute, and it.
Speaker 4: Goes back and forth and we forget.
Speaker 2: So that's why you say, hey, mute, mute, because there's a there's an echo there, sort of a double broadcast.
Speaker 3: A second, I'd like to refocus us on the cream of wheat discussion. This just then from producer executive producer Michelle Cube. Make your instant cream of wheat and add in everything but the bagels seasoning. She says, it's amazing you heard, I mean, is that real? Yes, she said that you take it's a seasoning? Who makes that? Is that trading? You know what? Eight?
Speaker 2: She should know, Michelle should know not to interrupt our morning show, our deep uh introduction to news with stuff like that everything bagel season.
Speaker 3: She's not riding the horse anymore. She doesn't care where it goes.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, so let me talk about what's going on. That's and we are going to talk about it today. A lot of Trump stuff, of course, it's going on. A lot of must stuff is going on.
Speaker 3: So the show's gonna be real balanced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not unbalanced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bias, nothing that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Uh No, you know how biosed am I? I mean, legitimately, I try to be as I tried.
Speaker 4: To be even hand traffic southbound. Okay, thanks Will, Will?
Speaker 2: He was, Okay, you know, I understand that I try to be as as a une biased I can. So let's start with the people that were laughing the hardest at that. Uh, Amy, you were laughing when I said that.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm just generally a happy person.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you. Uh, you're wrong.
Speaker 5: Actually, I think we have less Trump stuff today than normal.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, all right, fair enough, let's do it, guys. We still uh, we have stuff to carry to cover, that's for sure. Okay, stories, Okay, more cream of beat all day long. It's time for handle on the news on this Monday morning.
Speaker 4: Mark tenth.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's do it with Amy Neil and me lead story just shut down. Well, the House Republicans unveiled their spending bill on Saturday, and it's like every other spending bill to keep the agencies funded for a period of time. This is through September thirtieth, and looks like they're going to do it with a go it alone strategy. Usually has to be bipartisan, but they're going to try to go it alone. You can do it or they can do it. It's not easy to do, but if you have them majority, you can do it. And it's going to boost defense spending a little bit, trimming non defense spending below the twenty twenty four budget year levels.
Speaker 4: And the Democrats are.
Speaker 2: Going to go nuts, okay, and we'll see and if they can't agree and the fillerbuster doesn't work, guess what government shut down again? And then the only issue is who gets blamed the government shutdowns. Up to this point, the last few Republicans have gotten blamed for it, not that it translated into anything, but we'll see. Here's my prognostication and that is, come the midterms, I think the Republicans are going to get In the words of Barack Obama when he lost the first midterms. Salacked is the way he described the Democratic loss in his first two years, or after his first two years the midterms.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's all you have to say about that.
Speaker 4: That's all I have to say.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's a new sheriff in town. A.
Speaker 6: Canada's next prime minister has helped run two G seven economies in crisis and is now going to try to navigate to Canada's looming trade war with the US the threat of annexation. As of course, you know, Canada could become the fifty first state and an expected federal election. It's former central banker Mark Carney is going to be the prime minister. The governing Liberal Party elected him as its leader yesterday in a vote with eighty six percent support.
Speaker 2: And this guy is a serious economist. I mean he is has the credentials right at the top, unlike a lot of current major financial figures in the government who became assistant manager at your local Chase Bank and that's the background they have.
Speaker 4: This guy is for real. What did do he won? Oh, he went to.
Speaker 2: They brought him in to run the Bank of England and he ran it beautifully. The first non brick to run the Bank of England.
Speaker 3: A lot of polishing of gems and stuff or no, the Bank of England.
Speaker 2: Bank of England is one of the oldest institutions financial institutions in the world, and that was sixteen hundreds whenever. But England has really been at the forefront. The insurance and industry was created in London, Lloyd's of London. It was under a tree where they all sat together and decided they were going to start the insurance industry for maritime insurance. So England is sort of the start of a lot of stuff. Also, the Beatles.
Speaker 4: Also one of the great desserts of all time. Spotted dick.
Speaker 3: I thought you had that cleared up.
Speaker 2: That's I did not, But that is that is the name of that dessert. No, no, actually it's utterly I'm not going to go there, but it is utterly delicious. It's sort of a custard with raisins and things in it.
Speaker 4: That's why I call it.
Speaker 3: Familiar with what it is? Okay, named after a bird, I believe, Oh it's not.
Speaker 4: You know what you can do so much with that? Oh? I thought it was named after Okay, why don't we take a break? Does that work?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think it was how long did that take us?
Speaker 2: How long did that take us to get into that to the lowest common denominator, I waited till the end of the first start today it was like usually it's a minute and a half in all right, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna redo this headline. Secret Service shoots a man brandishing a firearm but doesn't kill him. Seems odd to me. Secret Service shoots a man brandishing a firearm near the White House and he's still alive. I don't understand how that happens.
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes you get shot.
Speaker 2: You've heard people being shot five times eight times that they survived when you don't hit a vital organ.
Speaker 4: Happens all the time.
Speaker 3: Like that. That whole kid becoming a Secret Service, that was like for show, Right, he's not he's not there on the grounds.
Speaker 4: Oh no, he's the one that shot this guy.
Speaker 3: That kid's funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you see some of the video of him later saying, listen to you democrats, you start talking garbage about I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't say that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be on your bumper.
Speaker 4: Oh that's hilarious. No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I just so this guy apparently was suicidal or something. Local police contacted the Secret Service saying that he was traveling to Washington from Indiana, and the Secret Service found the guy parked outside around midnight. When they approached the vehicle, he I guess, gets out and has a brandishes a firearm. There's a confrontation, and now he's in the hospital. His condition is unknown. But I think they you know.
Speaker 5: Are you saying they should have been a better shot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of like this is a Secret Service one guy that they've already been told about.
Speaker 6: Well, they also knew how he was suicidal, so maybe they didn't shoot to kill.
Speaker 3: I know that makes me feel a little better. But he's still at a gun in front of the White House.
Speaker 5: True, Okay, China's turn.
Speaker 6: Beijing started imposing tariffs on many farm products from the US. For China is the largest overseas market for the US.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're in the middle of a trade war.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be it's going to be rough. And the president has gone from I'm going to lower prices day one, my first day in office. Prices are going to go down, and now it's sort of yeah, it's going to be a little tough. Prices are going to go up, but long term, and he's right, probably long term is going to help. But I don't think that Americans buy into that.
Speaker 4: They don't. They certainly didn't buy into it with Biden.
Speaker 2: Where at the end of Biden's term inflation was under control.
Speaker 4: No one wanted to hear it.
Speaker 3: Well because the numbers are false. They've just done They've done a breakdown in a study of that showing that the unemployment numbers are false because it's based on people getting smaller jobs, part time jobs, or not going back into the work.
Speaker 4: I mean all of it. I mean all of it.
Speaker 2: But the bottom line is and and the Republicans realized that when Trump ran for office, it's hey, how much does it cost you to go to the grocery store today versus what it was four years ago? And the question is going to be how much is it going to cost you more to buy a car than it was before Trump became president? And it's going to be a crapload more, even if he is right, because to bring jobs back to the United States and to build factory it's a long term goal. And we do not have patients at all. That is not the way Americans work. We are not proactive. We are very reactive.
Speaker 3: You think he's going to come out and say, no, what I meant to say was I was going to save you money. He's always said that because you can't buy anything.
Speaker 2: He said, this is long term stuff. And so we'll see you We'll see what happens. It was brilliant when he ran for office and now well, and maybe it's because based on what is probably not going to happen what a lot of people hope what happened, there is not going to be another Trump a term of office, which means he can do whatever the hell he wants.
Speaker 4: And he learned.
Speaker 2: You know, that's something I want to talk about at some point, is that actually the best thing that happened to Trump and the Republicans was having lost.
Speaker 4: For those four years that Joe Biden went in your presidency. How it was good for the Republicans.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'll get into that because that's a good tease for a topic I'm going to do at some point.
Speaker 4: All right, let's move it on.
Speaker 3: All right, So this is a horrible story. You've got the Syrian government loyalists accused of executing civilians. You've got massive violence going on there, you got armed men that are loyal to Syrian, to the Syrian government carrying out field executions. They're literally going door to door. I'm talking about purifying the cun tree by making sure that that there's no one that still is loyal to former President Bashar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was able to get out.
Speaker 2: He jumped on an airplane and got out just as this thing was falling apart. In the meantime, his loyalists, the people that stayed, are being lined up and shot, and unfortunately entire families are being lined up and shot.
Speaker 4: But how do you know, Oh, you know, who's a loyalist or isn't you know?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's easy of this guy was you know, he had this job, he was in this security, this department.
Speaker 4: Or he you know, was a loyalist.
Speaker 2: This a politician who was fanatically pro a Sade. Not that they weren't all because he wanted to stay in office, but you know, you know who was there? Wow?
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 6: The head of d w P says she needs security and she needs seven hundred thousand dollars to pay for it. She's requested from the Board of Water and Power Commissioners to provide seven hundred thousand dollars for a one year contract for private security. She says she needs it because of an uptick in threats following the Palisades fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that because now, when in doubt you threaten people.
Speaker 4: It's just that kind of a climate.
Speaker 2: And those people that are bitching and moaning about a seven hundred thousand dollars pay for someone, Let's go to any other firm or a private firm in which you have the CEO who's running a multi billion dollar business or bureaucracy and see if they get only seven hundred thousand dollars. Those guys get tens of millions of dollars a year who run bureaucracy's organizations of this size. And this is pretty rarefied air to get people that know how to do this. You know, it's not like you start on on the power lines and then all of a sudden, twenty five years later, there you are as president of the company of the CEO. I mean, this is really rarefied era when you get to this position.
Speaker 4: So number one, damn right.
Speaker 2: She believes security needs security because of the threats that are going out there.
Speaker 4: And two, seven hundred thousand dollars. I gotta say, it's no big deal.
Speaker 2: And you compare it this story La Times the Omaha Public Power.
Speaker 4: District in Nebraska.
Speaker 2: The person gets the same pay, the Sacramento Municipal Utility District, same pay, and the DWP is the largest utility in the United States.
Speaker 3: Listen, I think, I think when she came out and spoke, she did a crap job. But she this whole, this whole thing about referring to her as a DEI hire because she's peking is as nine. And the fact that she has, you know, a mechanical engineering degree. She graduated with honors. She has two degrees. I know, it's a tough job. I think should be part of the equation. You would think, so, yeah, you know, think that people would see that.
Speaker 6: Well, and look what happened to the Chase guy. He didn't have any security with him.
Speaker 2: No people, if you do, yeah, if you do, look at her management. Not one of her underlings has hubcaps on their car anymore.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 2: By the way, that is an old Puerto Rican joke that you know, it's it's dated. Unfortunately, Yeah, it is dated. Yeah, yeah, it loses its less.
Speaker 3: Chico and the man dated.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is. It's unfortunately dated.
Speaker 2: Okay, for those who don't know, the Puerto Rican stealing hubcaps sort of was a thing. Okay, it's like what fifty two were in the fifties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does Rex the Wonder Horse say about it?
Speaker 2: You know, he makes so much fun of me. Here's what I'm gonna do. We're gonna take a break. I'm gonna go and get my cup of coffee.
Speaker 3: I hope it doesn't beep if she wakes up.
Speaker 4: It's already I think it's already beaped. It's already beeped. All right.
Speaker 3: I love this Department of Homeland Security has begun performing polygraph tests. Of course, it's what you call a light detector in Layman's terms. And they've started testing employees to determine who might be leaking information to the media about all the immigration operations, you know, because we keep hearing people know about them prior so they someone published this article. I think it was Bloomberg, and DHS said in a statement, the Department of Homeland Security, it's a national security agency. We can should and will polygraph personnel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I have a question. There's two points I want to FPI do. Yeah, here's the I mean, there are leaks going on, and these are criminal, you know, these are activities are going after criminal I mean they are stings, they are raids. But how do you how is it possible that they're not going to be leaked when you're talking about you know, whole groups of ICE agents coming in.
Speaker 4: So that's one point I want to make.
Speaker 2: The other point I want to make if I don't know if you noticed, but every single one of those people that are performing the polygraph test they're all German.
Speaker 4: Hevy. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 3: What is that even you feel? Talk boy, no more freebies.
Speaker 6: If Social Security accidentally overpays you, you're going to have to pay it back. So the Social Security Administration says it will begin recouping one hundred percent of overpayments to beneficiaries starting on March twenty seventh. That is a reversal of a change in twenty twenty four to withhold just ten percent of a recipient's benefits if there's an overpayment that was designed to reduce the financial hardship on people with overpayments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a little complicated. I get questions like this on handling the law. All the time. Can I keep the money because I've been overpaid, either by unemployment or Social Security? Do I have to give it back? I go, of course, you have to give it back. You've been overpaid and people are shocked. They have to give it back.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 2: Then the other issue is, okay, instead of taking ten percent at a time or limiting ten percent, we're going to take it all, and we're going to.
Speaker 4: Take it all now.
Speaker 2: So if you owe six months worth of Social Security, you're not going to get six months worth of Social Security. How many people actually pay attention to how big the checks are when it's wired into your account, particularly elderly people who have no concept of where the money is coming. I am my Social Security check and I pulled SOI Security when I was sixty five? Is it goes directly into my account? And if it were to increase, I probably wouldn't pay attention to it. And I pay attention to financials stuff. So it's a two sided coin, most coins are, you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, those one sided ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a mobia strip. You can look at you it's the one sided piece.
Speaker 2: Of paper, you know, the old and the MOBI reference. Thank you A little scientific reference. Okay, you can look at up Mobius mob i us.
Speaker 3: Oh, look at Kona, look at up. He's gonna get smart right.
Speaker 2: Now, one sized piece of one sided piece of paper.
Speaker 4: How is that possible?
Speaker 3: Already?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Israel says it's cut the flow of electricity to the last facility in Gaza that was still receiving power from the Israeli or Israel Electric corporation. So this is interesting because after October seventh and the deplorable acts there that killed one hundred or twelve hundred people and two hundred fifty one hostage is taken is Israel's electric corporation, you know, had turned off the power and then they reconnected at some point to a wastewater treatment facility following a government directive. But now this one they find this is the last bit of power. I guess they've shut it down and it's done.
Speaker 4: It's Israel. A lot of people don't understand or don't.
Speaker 2: Get that Israel provides the clean water, provides the electricity that goes into Gaza. And the position now is and this is following President Trump, which is absolutely right, and that is telling Kamas you return all of the hostages, where all Hell is going to break loose do it by Saturday, which they didn't do. And Israel is saying we want the hostages now, enough of this crap and cuts off electricity and cut already cut off aid. And Hamas of course is saying it really isn't going to us because we're all in generators and.
Speaker 4: We have solar.
Speaker 2: How many people have solar and generators, there's nothing left. And Ramas is willing to let the rest of the people in Gaza die because they don't want to cut loose those hostages. They just it's their ammunition, it's their cards that they're holding. And once they let go of the hostages, they have no they they have nothing to negotiate with anymore, and are now hoping that Israel leaves. And Israel isn't going to I mean, it's just it's a it's a lose lose. All the reasons in the world, as far as Hamas is concerned, to hang on to the hostages, all the reasons in the world for Israel will say, you will lease the hostages. Now We're going to bomb you into oblivion. We're going to keep on going, and no one's willing to back down.
Speaker 6: All right, and Iran says no. Iran Supreme Leader Ayatola Ali Kamani rejected President Trump's push for nuclear deal talks. He had sent a letter to him and said hey, let's talk and homa and he said no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just basically saying no one's going to stop us from building this nuclear weapon.
Speaker 5: And you can't have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Israel says you can't have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: And when they get a nuclear weapon and Israel will not let them have a nuclear weapon, all hell is going to break loose. I don't know what is what we's going to do because their nuclear facilities are underground, and I mean way underground. And so that is that is going to be a whole new chapter.
Speaker 3: All right. Top US Health Agency makes twenty five thousand dollars buyout offer to most of its eighty thousand employees. So this is another round of trying to cut and this comes. It's for a very specific group that is responsible for researching disease, inspecting food.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Also the CDC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the CDC and Medicare and medicaid yeah, and NIH.
Speaker 3: Now Vegas annual budget of one point seven trillion dollars. There's got to be some fat in there.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course there is, of course there is, and this is Robert Kennedy's purview. And but here is the issue, as they're looking for fraud and waste, of which there is plenty.
Speaker 4: Let's just throw everybody out and we'll figure out on that.
Speaker 3: One weird way to do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Well, here's the devil's advocate thing on this where they offered the buyouts. So if they offer buyouts and people accept them, maybe they don't have to cut so much. And then they're getting rid of the people who really don't want to be there anyway.
Speaker 2: Or close to retirement or retirement or fear that if they don't take the buyout, they're going to get tossed anyway, because they're coming in with a very broad brush. So it is a little more complicated as always, but it's you know, Musk is going crazy. It's only a question of time between before Musk and Trump have this rift where Trump throws them out because Musk is too high profile.
Speaker 4: That's all. Okay, one more and then we're out of here.
Speaker 5: Okay, you get a little more time.
Speaker 6: FEMA has extended the deadline for wildfire victims to apply for federal aid to the end of March. It was supposed to be tonight at midnight. We had a guest on from FEMA last week's and do it now. Well, the governor said, we need a little more time, and so they've extended that deadline. You can apply for the FEMA grants until, as I mentioned, March thirty. Until March thirty first, they can go to cover rental assistance, temporary housing, home repairs, property losses, other disaster related needs. And so if you haven't applied, you think you might qualify. Even if your home was just damaged and not destroyed, you could qualify.
Speaker 5: So you can go check it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is in direct contradiction of Trump's position that he hates California and FEMA is a federal agency, and this is a pro California, pro fire victim move. So hates California, says we're going to cut off spending, and at the same time hate go ahead and extend because you guys have been victimized by this fire. So you know, you get a lot of contradictory moves, but this one is him helping and extending the time that application can be made.
Speaker 4: And these are grants. These are not loans. All right, We're done. This is KFI am six. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app