Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one w JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: All right, Rocket News brought you by our Tuesday ticket takeover that's happening the rest of today. You can swing by the jar R Instagram at.
Speaker 1: One oh one one w jr R win tickets to the pop Tart Ball that's the Miami Hurricanes Baby Hurricanes against Iowa States at Camping World Stadium. Just look for the posts there at one o one one w JRR On instant you can get entered to win tickets.
Speaker 2: All right, little secret that uh well, it's not really a secret. It's just something that goes on in the music industry that we usually find out about after the fact. Corporate gigs. This is where well known artists will slide into insert name of town, insert name of venue and play a private show or private party because the corporate entity strokes very.
Speaker 1: Big checks and they love doing it. From what I've heard. Listen to this one.
Speaker 2: This went down last Thursday at the Capitol Theater in port Chester, New York. It was put on the part of the Christmas party for some investment firm called Eldridge Industries. They went ahead and hired Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and star producer Andrew Watt and brought their covers act, which is called Smith and Watt Steakhouse, to perform. But that's just the start. They also paid ex Alman Brothers band singer and guitarist Warren Haynes to lead everybody there through a whipping post. Elvis Costello performed, Wow, Billy Idol was there to play, Iggy Pop did a few songs, Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam, and then they capped the night off with Roger Daltrey of the Who did.
Speaker 1: They slip out the price tag on Thish God?
Speaker 2: No, that is massive keywords investment firm.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I bet there was some crazy partying going on with that.
Speaker 2: Oh God, yeah wow.
Speaker 1: Those things Just to give you an idea of these corporate events usually pay like they An artist can go in there and play and make but a million dollars.
Speaker 2: This happens a lot here in Orlando at the Convention Center. Trust me when I tell you this. Saturday night downtown Orlando. H Mark Tremonti did his Frank Sinatra deal, you know, to benefit the charity that he and his wife, you know, have just championed since the birth of their daughter with downs and they've been raising money with this.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Mark was on with us last week to explain how the whole Sinatra thing came about. A little surprise during the show, alt Waltz's Lejehn Witherspoon from Seven Dust to perform a song with him.
Speaker 1: Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 2: So that was That was a nice little treat to everybody who was there Saturday night at the Doctor Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Orlando. All right, cog of.
Speaker 1: This picture really quick that a listener sent me from that show. It's everybody all gussied up. Oh God, yeah, of course, but it's oh, I can't get to it anyway. It's Mark holding his daughter on stage with the thumbs up. So cute.
Speaker 2: Everybody I think can agree that concert ticket prices are well a tad bit out of control in many cases these days. Definitely, And there's a whole host of reasons why Kid Rock to the rescue. Oh really, Now you might just kind of roll your eyes at this, but stop and think for a minute. So Kid Rock had lunch with Pam Bondy recently. Pam Bondy is Donald Trump's nominee for Attorney General of the United States, afected to easily be confirmed. Pam is also a rocker. Kid Rock met with Pam. They apparently are getting along quite well, and he presented the idea of let's do something about these out of control ticketing prices. In fact, in his own words, let's open a can of whoop ass on the bots, the scalpers, the venues, the ticketing companies, managers and artists alike who rip off and deceive the public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Kid Rock's known for doing those shows for a good price ticket nothing through the roof.
Speaker 2: Absolutely does his best to control what he can, and that's the whole point. Is a lot of cases, there's only so much an artist can control, and it's gotten into these other middleman things and automated bots and all this stuff, and it's just to the point where all of a sudden, your forty five dollars ticket is now two hundred and fifty dollars. So that might be an interesting development to keep an eye on as we head into next year, whether or not something comes to that, I would not be surprised.
Speaker 1: I would have never thought that those two were who you were gonna say were the new sheriff of ticket pat Look at this picture of Tremanni and Stella.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Look in the background at this infony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh a sinotroped big band, big band?
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, let's see.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Hulu is going to be presenting a new series next year that will explore heavy metal and its history, and it'll be multiple episodes. Got a lot of people involved with this where they're gonna pull back the curtain and really dive deep on how this unique genre of music came to be and some of the untold stories and some of the stereotype everything that goes along with the allure of heavy metal music. That's what we have so far. Sometime on Hulu coming in twenty twenty five. Again, it'll be a series with multiple episodes. Brian Slagel, CEO of Metal Blade Records, is part of the team creating the new series, So gonna be good stuff.
Speaker 1: There's just so much to watch on TV.
Speaker 2: Now here's a little fun fact for you. Did you know that Lady Gaga was an extra in ac DC's Stiff Upper Lip video back in two thousand. Seriously, she was one of the extras in the video, and she in fact conveyed that she quote got in trouble for headbanging. They told her not to do it because they were trying to go for a more modern look in the video. Gaga, this is great. I'd bring this up because Apple TV just released a surprise holiday edition of Carpool Karaoke with several different performers, including Lady Gaga, who was surprised by getting to do Carpool Karaoke with a CDC singer Brian Johnson. Uhhh, so there you go.
Speaker 1: Now, if this was two thousand that she did, it was that pres.
Speaker 2: Definitely, yes, definitely, I would thought most popular rock band tattoos.
Speaker 1: ACDC across the Knuckles.
Speaker 2: No, no, what rock band has inspired the most tattoos might surprise you. Give it. A new study that used Google searches to compile the top ten. There's no science to this other than they just used Google searches. They were an average of thirteen thousand searches per month of tattoos relating to or inspired by In this sort you want the top five, I'm ready. Number five was a Nirvana four, Metallica three, Romstein, Romstein two Guns N' Roses, and it won Pink Floyd stlf a Pink Floyd tattoo. Dark Side of the Moon Baby Right. Metallica performed a fan favorite from the Reload album for the first time in twenty six years at their Helping Hands benefit concert this past weekend. They performed low Man's Lyric. They have not played at live in twenty six years, so that was cool, and they raised a bunch of money for their charity as well. And finally, there's this previously unseen and well, we didn't even know this existed. About thirty minutes of live footage vintage Black Sabbath performance from nineteen seventy six and their Technical Ecstasy tour has surfaced online, featuring about thirty minutes of the band's performing at Selling Arena in Fresno, California. I've shared that with you on our Facebook page if you want to take a look at that, or at Little Inchintaco blog at WJR dot com. Don't know how long that's going to be available before it gets yanked down again.
Speaker 1: JR Our Facebook page while you can. I just sawt. It's still up now, all right. That's your rocknews for this week for charity presented by doub jrr and give local Love then now on great signed memorabilia up, I'm your favorite fans, getaways and more. Help us help others this holiday season now at dobjrr dot com. This is a great