Speaker 1: Our guy, Jeff Stewart owns Relining air Conditioning.
Speaker 2: You will try not to go play golf with him one time.
Speaker 1: That's a great story. Hey dude, tell that Jeff Stewart story again about that time you played golf with him.
Speaker 3: I heard when at it with I showed you're gone ruin in be except with simple set pursuing it hold out shown shank through the sewer.
Speaker 2: Kid, Now what chilling, I think?
Speaker 4: Eagle, Yeah, we doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house up done. That is how it started hitting cratty. Show him that enough bultiply like a rabbit, due in so out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 5: I'm on up andng out with my friend Rocket on the radio.
Speaker 2: My whole brown boys Kin talking on the radio. It's time to too again.
Speaker 6: All ba babyby go Kat Christina.
Speaker 2: All the mama radio. Ah. Yes, we are indeed all up on your radio.
Speaker 1: This is the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for tuning in, Thank you for listening, Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine.
Speaker 2: Now I am Ben Rogers.
Speaker 1: I'm joined by my close personal homeboy since nineteen eighty two. Grew up together here in Richardson, Texas. Jeff skin Wade, Hello Metroplex Denizens. One of the most popular and famous and beloved JV athletes in the history of Only High School. Kevin kt Turner ruf a right, the Pride and Joy Well. I don't want to minimize anybody else's involvement in this band, but one of the true stars of Oatmeal Pizza, the popular local Nirvana cover band, Christina k Ray Little Baby corn Bread Ray.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 2: How you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm doing great espresso this morning, That's why I'm okay right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, good well, I think that's a good drop. You should pull up you're going. Hey, guys, did you drink espresso or snort the beans?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I drink it like a normal all right.
Speaker 1: In fact, every day at the end of our intros, it trails out before we start talking.
Speaker 2: I'd really like to.
Speaker 1: Hear, Hey, guys, we're off and running on a hump day.
Speaker 2: Skin What does hump day mean to you?
Speaker 1: It's a day where you can just like you know, it's so it's right in the middle. Yeah, and so you just straddle the week. Yeah, kind of grind it out, you know, yeah, and then just get on the other side and move on. Power thrust. Yeah, what about you? Yeah, for me, it's exactly that. Thank you, Christina. Have you seen Kevin here today?
Speaker 8: Yeah? All right, I was wondering, Yeah, is that for the bulldogs?
Speaker 5: Is that what you guys were?
Speaker 2: Is that what you guys were? Bulldogs? All right? Our shows just like a dog all day. I hope he does. I let it be a great bit. That is not a good hump day.
Speaker 1: I know you're bringing the dog humping thing to hey, but you need to bring more tizzle. You know what I'm saying. Oh no, you could see his lipstick. We need more tizzle sizzle. All right, here we go. Okay, yesterday's show was hilarious. You heard it at the beginning there. I had a hard time, like just I was power laughing through a Reliant Air conditioning commercial. And by the way, we'll get back into relying AC because they were at Skin's house like a swat team, almost like the plumbers that descended on Travis Frederick's you know.
Speaker 2: Room there was.
Speaker 1: He's just enjoying a nice comfortable day in Wisconsin. Then he suddenly sent something in the forest like are they talking about me?
Speaker 2: It's the real reason he retired.
Speaker 1: So we've got a great show planned today and we're prepared to prove it to you. We need you to listen to the whole damn thing. Then share it with all your friends, comment on social media, tell everybody to listen to the Ben and skin Show. But man, last night I was watching and listening to another show and I ended up finishing it today, and that is cir De Soroy and our own Jeff skin Wade was was on last night and I thought it was one of the best conversations I've ever heard about DFW Radio. Everything from the Ticket to the Fan, to one O three three ESPN, to Live one O five three to the Freak, every single thing that's happened to us a long hour adventure, and I just the most fascinating thing to it is to me, was this and that you know you have been friends with and we've known those guys forever, but you've been very close friends with Danny. You guys are involved in the music business together. Super shady by the way, right, I agree those books. I don't know what's happening there, but it's not legal. It is not legal, but he was. He said he learned five new things last night, like he had. There was so much that he didn't know. And I was watching that as you were talking about the Ben and Skin radio adventure, all the things we've been on, you know, the adventure we've been on, and all the different radio stations we've been on.
Speaker 2: And obviously I've lived that.
Speaker 1: But you just assume people know about your journey, and even your close friends truly don't, especially when it's such a long journey. And so I just found that our journey is really dumb. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like it is not normal by any stretchedy imagination, and honestly, we shouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: Agreed, I have.
Speaker 1: We're on it. I'm not blowing smoke. We are here because of Ben. No, no, no, no, no, no, I'm hold on. I'm not saying that. And you know, I'm a very confident person. I believe in myself, I believe in my abilities. But I can take a step back after all the time and look at and go, we would not be here if it wasn't for you and your personality and what you do well. I feel the exact same way about you. I don't think we would be here without you. We would be here with that gay. What are we doing we need Christina? I don't know that. Yeah, that's true. We're doing this for Prednant.
Speaker 2: Second episode of the night they banged with the.
Speaker 5: New show Thursday night.
Speaker 1: I loved hearing that, and I just want to advise people and direct people to it. If you've ever wondered about our radio business and how this all works, and you want to hear about the inner workings, go check that. You should be listening to this podcast anyways. I mean, it's really good. I love what they're doing. What they're doing is so unique, and I just love those long form interviews where you can just go for an hour, yeah, and just really talk about whatever you want to talk about for that And it was just really really good. But man, I really enjoyed what you guys were saying. We've experienced this is we were on at the Ticket, we thought that was the whole world, that little bubble, and then when we went to Live on five to three and worked with Russ Martin over there, we were like, oh my god, there's so many people out here, listening to this Russ Martin show that don't know anything about the ticket and over the course of our adventure getting to go to ESPN and the Fan and all these different things that we've done, and then eventually over here at the Eagle. We always find listeners who are not familiar with anything we've done prior to this. And when we were on the Freak, it was really cool. I had so many people come up to me and go, man, I'd heard Mike Reiner's name, but I had never heard him before, So it's pretty good. Yeah, there's so many things you take for granted, and I didn't have time to bring this up. I wanted to. I kept thinking about the fact that a big contributor to our show we celebrated his birthday a few days ago, is Steve Shackleford.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's a.
Speaker 1: Forty year old guy that grew up in DFW and I consider him to be very with it, Like he's smart, he's savvy, he's consumed a lot of culture, pop culture. His sister is as an Emmy award winning rider on a very celebrated show. Like he's with it, And we met him because he listened to us on the Fan and I remember talking to him and he was like, yeah, I just never really checked out the Ticket and I'm like, here's a guy who's with it, and it just was a blind spot form that he didn't care about.
Speaker 8: Dude, I had no idea until I started working there. I was like, who are these guys? Why are there so many people here at these random remotes?
Speaker 5: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: But but the people that are there that work there, and that's good. I'm not just dissing them or anything, but they think they're the only thing that exists.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 1: And success can afford you that sort of attitude to the world. But it wasn't till me and Ben left and I was like, man, why was I such a snob? I was a snob when I was at the Ticket. I remember Jeff Catlan asking me about ESPN. One of the best things Ben and I ever did was work at ESPN. How much fun did you have working with Freido and Randy Galloway? So much fun, so much fun. And I remember one time We're in Katlan's office and Katlin was like, well, what do you think about ESPN's I got Dude, I don't listen to that. He goes, how can you not listen to your competition? I go, they're not competition. I don't listen to that. I was so such an arrogant ass about it because that mentality over there breeded that. And then once I got out of there, I was able to see the world in a different way. But I know there's a lot of people listening to this that are big Russ Martin fans, because obviously he held it down. He's an icon in DFW media. And you got into some of the stuff when we went to Live one O, five to three. We thought we were going to work with Russ over there for a long time, and they ended up flipping that format to sports and they put him on the beach and they paid him to sit out for a year, and I think he was making over a million dollars a year. I think he was too.
Speaker 2: And you know, that was just a.
Speaker 1: Crazy time, like we were literally scared that day. Yeah, some of the conversations that happened. You mentioned when we went out and talked to the program director out by the highway like it was the Sopranos, and I just thought it was a great conversation, and so, yeah, you should go check that out. You should be subscribed to circu de sroy But it was a really, really awesome conversation.
Speaker 2: I thought, did you enjoy it?
Speaker 1: I loved it? It was so much for their pune guys. All right, let's do this. Coming up next for the second day in a row, Ben we discuss another musical icon has passed away.
Speaker 2: Coming up in the.
Speaker 1: Next segment, We've got exciting news about the Cowboys documentary. Stick around for that. Also got a ticket giveaway Rangers Royals. But right now it's time for this track another edition. All right, So yesterday we had a pretty lengthy conversation about the passing of sly Stone, Sylvester Stone of sly and the Family Stone. And then woke up today and you see the news that Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys is passed at the age of eighty five. Now everybody knows who the Beach Boys are. Have any of you ever done the Beach Boys deep dives?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I mean I listened to a few of them that were on the Rolling Stone Top five hundred Albums of All Time list, including one of the great albums on there is Pet Sounds. My favorite track from Pet Sounds is Christina, What can you do something about this? We are two segments into the show and he's just making animal noise.
Speaker 5: Actually, I don't know what happened to him this morning.
Speaker 2: I right not have a tribute to Brian Wilson.
Speaker 5: Some people grieve in different ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's there. This is very similar to when on MAVs TV you have to go on the MAVs broadcast and do things. Somebody has dared to make a bunch of different animals, and apparently it was an animal that dared him to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am paying tribute to Pet Sounds on this day.
Speaker 1: Did you like? Okay, Otter, did you like Pet Sounds? I loved it. It's an amazing record, so weird. It's the record that I mean, if these stories go, everybody knows Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band. That's when the Beatles are like, Man, I'm never going to tour again because I just want to be in the studio experimenting with multi track recording.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so back then too, you had you know you'll see studio footage. Know there will be an engineer there and he's a guy with a giant beard and he's high and he's wearing flannel. Back in the sixties, the engineers wore lab coats. Well they were they were genuinely engineers, Like the drug counterculture hadn't happened yet, and so it's you know, you're talking about something mechanical when you're recording to tape, and so they were just like mechanical engineers. But they also had, you know, they were had a good understanding of sound and tubes and all these different things that now everything's done digitally. But so in the sixties when recordings started changing and you could start like multi tracking, And what I mean by that is that early on you would stick a microphone in the middle, Like if you listen to a recording from the forties, there's a microphone just in the middle of the room and it's recording the whole band live, and then you put the drums further away so they don't over drown out everything else, and the horns. So when you have multi track recording, I can record the bass and the drums and the guitar and then bring the horns in and record that on top of that. And so if you're a very smart, forward thinking musical person. It just opens up all these possibilities of things sounding better. And yesterday we were talking about sl Stone, like putting drums all the way over on the left channel and separating things. Well, Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys was the genius all so for a while you got really weirded out and became a recluse and disappeared. And you know when he it was a lot like slice Stone. It happens, man, Yeah, like those guys went through the drug culture and the counter culture and there was no roadmap for this, so there was giant periods of time where Brian Wilson disappeared. But when he did, Pet sounds for the Beach Boys. And it's not the biggest song on that is probably Heaven only knows.
Speaker 2: And at the name of it from the Big Love.
Speaker 1: You guys saw the TV show Big Love, Right, Yeah, it's the theme song from Big Love.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't It Be Nice?
Speaker 1: Is that's the first one that came to mind, Wouldn't It Be Nice? And you're right, that's their most popular song that was a bigger hit. You're right, You're absolutely right. But the ones you think of that are like the good vibrations and all the surf stuff, California Girls. That was the earlier stuff, and then Pet Sounds is where it like, oh, pivots.
Speaker 2: The beach was reminded me of old like Sonic commercials. Yeah, they used to play a ton of Beach Boys and Sonic commercials growing up during Ranger games.
Speaker 1: Because it's a slice of Americana. You didn't know like a lot of their songs.
Speaker 2: Do you have to?
Speaker 1: And you guys know the real high pitch sounding, good vibrations. That's a theremon. Oh it's not a guy singing, it's a theramy.
Speaker 2: Around I get around and everyone knows that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, songs about a male prostitute. But anyways, Brian Wilson, huh did they do Barbara and Hi?
Speaker 2: No, that's is that the Beach Boys?
Speaker 1: I thought that was That's the Forest Valley? Yeah, I think that's somebody else. Anyways, do a deep dive on at least you know the old stuff. Maybe do the this is Beach Boys on Spotify, but at least check out Pet Sounds. That inspired the Beatles to do Sergeant Pepper so that they could keep up with what the Beach Boys were doing. Bad ass, all right, coming up next, we now have the release date of the Dallas Cowboys documentary. Is this going to change everything? How deep are they going to dive into some of the darkest, shadiest aspects of Dallas Cowboys life. We'll talk about that next.
Speaker 2: Juicy news Hot got every stay on the top in the wood shovel. Netflix has made a big announcement today and it is that the Cowboys documentary that's titled America's Team, The Gambler and His Cowboys will drop on August nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's what it's called. Yeah, did you see the picture of it? I sent to her bit the picture, but I was driving sided. Okay, it's fascinating. So it's got the triplets and Dion on there with Jerry and the Star and his sunglasses. I can't wait for this me either. But this could go a million different ways. This could be all right, let's get into the White House and how ugly it got. But I doubt the Cowboys would help with that and do interviews with it and stuff if they thought it was going to go that direction. Or it could be a puff piece. So I really don't know what to expect. Ten episode. Go ahead, let me read this to you. Yeah, and this is from the pressure release here. So this is a documentary. It's not current Cowboys. It's a documentary on the Jerry years.
Speaker 2: And it's like the Michael Jordan thing, is what I would think. Okay, the documentary is a partnership with the Jones family.
Speaker 1: So Tracing is more like the Fab five documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tracing Jones's rise from the sun of an Arkansas community store owner to being one of the most innovative, influential leaders in sports. Ten episodes though, I do like that. So we'll start in eighty nine with him buying the team, or then maybe they talk about his childhood and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: It'll still be good, but it won't be salacious. Yeah, this is more like a memoir for Jerry type thing. Feels like smart for them.
Speaker 6: Anybody that wants to control a narrative and you have the means to do it, get you a documentary made and get your hands all over it while it's being made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just tell you know this from a couple of buddies that cover the team. Basically, the Netflix cameras were all around. Twenty twenty four was last year, twenty twenty three. Sorry, twenty twenty three. Ago twenty twenty three, the Netflix cameras were all around and they got the big loss to the Packers in the playoffs. Oh and I remember the guy who's covering the team was like, one reason Jerry's so mad about that game is because I think they thought that was the year they had it. They had they had the dogs to go really do it. And that's why they didn't pump all their resources into twenty twenty four last year. It's because they kind of thought that it would cap off the documentary and all that stuff, and it just didn't get close to happening. He also said was very annoying when the Netflix people would be on the elevator and you just run into them all the time at the Star. They're just kind of in the way. They're around a lot in twenty twenty three. So part of the reason McCarthy probably fired, Like, yeah, but there you go. That's that's kind of interesting to me. You know, it's.
Speaker 1: Hearing that part of it. You've got to do that, You've got to make it go full circle. But I hope they don't lean heavily on the last couple of years. Yeah, you know, I mean in other words, well, I think it's the nineties, right, this is what they're looking at. Well, yeah, but the whole point of all the Netflix cameras being there, they're trying to capture the final season and tie it all together.
Speaker 2: I mean, ten episodes. It's weird because they were eight and eight it felt like, Yeah, but those Garrett years are very interesting. They're interesting.
Speaker 1: But also what I'm saying is like, I hope, you know, I feel like the McCarthy years could be about maybe an episode at the most. You know what I'm saying, Like, I don't want to spend a bunch of that, like the most interesting. I mean, we're talking about thirty years now, right, so that's a long time. The Triplet years, the Parcels years, and the Garrett years are far more interesting to this story arc than everything else. Like Chan Gaily and Campo and McCarthy. I mean, you've got to do that stuff. But if yesterday we did the fifty thirty twenty rule, like to me, it'd be like fifty forty ten and ten would be McCarthy, Campo, Gaily. The great thing about Gaily is that is when Michael Irvin started stabbing people in the neck with scissors.
Speaker 2: That should be it. That's always fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but dude, I the Cowboys are king here and we've talked about it a lot.
Speaker 1: But if you look at the TV ratings, I love talking about this. You know, one percent of the market will watch the Stars game and that's a very passionate one percent, but one percent of the market will be watching the Stars on TV. Two to three percent will watch a Ranger game, three to five percent we'll watch a Maverick game, and thirty five to forty percent we'll watch a Cowboy game. It's insane. It's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, oh yeah, thanks spaking. One more thing in here. Tony Hawk just skating up and Anna, wait, isn't he a Plano guy? What he go? Ahead?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't know. I was the city, California, Ga.
Speaker 1: No, no, but he has ties to Plano. There was a big Plano skate community.
Speaker 2: He donated that. And that's in the eighties, right, yeah, yeah, time, yeah, but this is up and Anna, yesterday, I.
Speaker 1: Know a bunch of skater dudes that were always talking about Tony Hawk and Plano and all this stuff. And name another skater though professional skater uh friends.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true. The video game had to help in regard to immensely. All right, coming up next, we'll get to these Jason Kid rumors.
Speaker 2: Give me that moves quickie. Yeah yeah yeah. So last night Sean Sharney of ESPN reported that the Knicks had still not reached out, and then this morning that changed. The Knicks this morning apparently gave the MAVs a call. They had him on speed dial, and the MAVs, this is in an article, firmly rejected the Knicks request to speak with Jason. Okay, how firmly. That's the thing that they're going to have to text Jason directly if they want to talk to him.
Speaker 1: Here's what I might take away from this. I'm shocked that the Knicks decided to fire their coach who had been more successful than any coach they've had in recent history, and then didn't have a plan. It seems like that was an emotional decision. Because they reached out to the Timberwolves to see if they could talk to Finch. They got declined, they were denied. They reached out to the Rockets to speak to Yudoka. The Rockets are like, yeah, no, thank you, you're denied. And now they've reached out to the Mavericks and Maverters like, no, we're good. So they're just they fired their coach without a plan. I have some theories on this, some thoughts on this. So this feels very much like James Dolan, who is probably the most hated sports executive by a fan base anywhere in all of sports.
Speaker 2: He also co owns the sphere I chot, yes, and do you know who?
Speaker 1: He does a lot of business with a lot of business with That factors into this story that we're talking.
Speaker 2: About President Clinton. Who would it be?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Patrick Dumont, thank you. They do a ton of business together. They're old friends. So as we start talking about you know, so you know, the the Knicks were firmly rebuffed or whatever, they probably reached out. James Dolan probably reached out to Patrick. They probably had a conversation and then this is your new.
Speaker 2: Story like the rockets of the Tea Wolves as well as well for their coaches who are more coveted than Jason Kidd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so let me just say that everything about this when you look at Leon Rose is okay. So again, there's all these ways in which this is connected. There's Rick Brunson, Jalen Brunson's dad, who had been on Tom Thibodeau's staff for many years, and he got involved in some sexual misconduct allegations, which I don't want to I'm not saying whatever happened. I'm just saying that was a fact, and he was not coaching for a while because of that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So then while he was doing other things and his son was playing here in Dallas, Thibodeau went from Minnesota to eventually a job in New York. And you guys, remember the Knicks got slapped on the wrist for tampering. They've already tampered with the Dallas Mavericks and Leon Rose tampered with Rick Brunson and Jalen Brunson in the league, took a second round pick away from them. So that's already happened. So to take it one step further, the owner of the Knicks is friends with the owner of the Mavericks. Okay, they're friends that do business together that had nothing to do with basketball in the past. So all of this is very incestuous. And we talk about tampering and what it means. I would be shocked if Jason Kidd has not been texting with Leon Rose already. Now, whatever that means or doesn't mean. I'm not saying kids interested in the job or not. But this is the way all of this business happens in the NBA. They're all texting one another, they're all talking, and if they get busted for tampering, they give up a second round pick. And he should be everybody, every coach should keep pipelines and bridges built to other opportunities. Absolutely, coaches are hired to be fired. That's not a permanent job. And you still got to keep working, so you're always networking. So if I was Jason Kidd, I'd be like, Hey, this is awesome. The Knicks want me, Mavericks, give me a better deal, give me more power, or give me more money, give me more stability, or let me talk to them. Yeah, and keep in mind being he just got a contract extension last year. That's what I'm saying, because the Lakers were coming after him to replace Darvin Ham because he won a title with the Lakers as an assistant coach. He had already been on that staff, so that's when him and Nico got extensions. After you know, last summer, after the finals run. So he's already gotten an extension. And again, the Mavericks don't have to do anything, just like Houston didn't do anything and Minnesota didn't do anything. And I will say, to me, the best source on any of this as Mark Stein. Yes, and Mark Stein has put out there and no uncertain terms. Jason Kidd is not quote unquote angling for this job, right. I want to say this. I like Jason Kidd as a coach. I think you just I don't know if he wanted Luca to be traded or not. I know that I've heard different things on that. Yeah, but I know that this team didn't quit on him. They kept trying as hard as they could and he didn't quit. He didn't punt, and that's extremely valuable. And the fact that all these other teams want him is probably a sign that he's pretty respected. And I know that the superstars on this team respect him. So I want him to stay. Yeah, and let me say this too, but the way they're currently constructed and then we'll move on, I want Kid to stay as the coach too. If they were going to let Kid go, then you could start convincing me to tear the thing down. Now, I don't want that, Okay. I have called games during a teardown, so just personally speaking, I ain't interested in that. But you can change the way I feel about things if you start going in a different direction structurally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If they want to get rid of an ECO as well and start trading their veterans and going into a different right, yeah, But I'd rather stay keep this train on the tracks. I like where it's going now that they got at number one. Pick all right, coming up next. Yesterday we talked about the greatest dads in movie history. Now we're talking about the greatest TV dads ever. We also got some ranger stuff coming your way and a strange name for a campaign.
Speaker 2: All that's next, don't miss it.
Speaker 1: It's coming up right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: There it is TV is Yeah, yesterday we did a touch of movie dads. You know. Just Father's Day's coming up on Sunday. He's right, it's a good reminder if you're out there and weren't paying attention to your father, Uh, that's gonna be happening, So get on that. What do you get the man that has everything a sexual experience, Yeah, because that's what we don't have. That is a unique thing to get fother.
Speaker 1: There's so funny we didn't have those early in life. No game couldn't make them happen, you know, and you can and now we can't either because we've been married so long. We're kind of stuck wedged into you know, let's say, you know, you know it is, do you know what's worth a rewatch? Let me just throw us in six feet under. My wife is rewatching all of it. And there's a really funny episode in season one where Nate's asked around, going, so I'm six months into my relationship. Is this when the sex stops?
Speaker 2: Pretty funny? Back to you KT that mops starts? Yeah, TV dads, all right to twenty five bad List probably by the way, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were playing the I'm sorry, but we were playing a family feud game when we were at that pizza joint in Garland. Fortunate son and Skin said, I don't remember what the question was, but the answer about marriage was sexual disinterest. Yes, sexual disinterest, Al Bundy. Yeah, kind of bad dad, wouldn't he?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: I was about to say I was about to name him.
Speaker 1: I was like, are they going to be ironic, because if they are, they're gonna name Homer Simpson, Al Bundy, Peter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey man, let's get to.
Speaker 1: It all right.
Speaker 2: Sounds like they're all on there. Yeah, I actually don't know. Uh Andy Griffith, what about Archie Bunker? Was he a good dad? No?
Speaker 1: Do you like a race bigot than dad? I think when I think of the best TV dads, I think of, uh, mister C.
Speaker 2: Mister Clever, Oh yeah, Ward Clever for sure? Is that who you meant?
Speaker 1: I met Richie Cunningham's dad Funds called him mister C.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tom Bosley, Yeah, yeah, he was a good dad. It was great with trash bags. Who else? Uh, you know, father knows best all the like all the fifties dads, the way they were presenting fifties and sixties sitcoms where they wore a sweater and they were very nice, but then when the camera turned off they beat all their kids.
Speaker 8: Oh so like the Brady Bunch dad. Yeah, he was kind of heavy dad. But yeah, Mike Brady, yeah, Brady, Yeah, be on there.
Speaker 2: Number fifteen all right, Okay, Actually these are all alphabeticals, so don't don't what what's not ranked things comparison is that that's a terrible thing to was mister Cutningham on there?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Howard Howard? I was our guy, Carl Winslow of Family Matters? Is there now?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: You have three kids and was a cop. He also had to deal with the annoying neighbor. Okay, family, Okay, I know what that is now.
Speaker 1: That was the guy that was eating the donuts and diehard or the twinkies. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay love rkle Who What was the show with Michael J.
Speaker 2: Fox? That dad Family Ties?
Speaker 1: Yeah? His real name was Michael Grossman. Right, Stephen Keaton? Stephen Keaton is the dad on Family Ties?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's on there. Is that Michael Keaton's brother? Yeah no, it's his dad in real life show? Oh oh oh no, that's the character name.
Speaker 2: Michael Keaton's Michael P. Keaton was? Was Michael P.
Speaker 1: Keaton?
Speaker 2: That was?
Speaker 1: Wasn't that Michael Fox's Character's name?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Michael, Jamie, Michael J. Fox.
Speaker 5: I don't know you right on that though.
Speaker 2: I just went Jamie, I feel like I should have bought a ticket to that fifteen second.
Speaker 1: Ride No, you just don't know anything about the show. That was the character's name, and he was his dad worked at PBS. He was a lib dad. And Michael J. Fox who was Yes, he was okay, he was a twelve year old Republican and his dad was a lib BBS.
Speaker 5: Show Alex peak Alex.
Speaker 2: Didn't they reboot that?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Perfect time, dude. Family Ties was a fun show. And you know Justine Bateman was on it. Uh, And I mean it was great any others uh?
Speaker 2: Picking a Bateman, Michael Blooth rested development. Hell, yes, Growing Pains? You know the dad on Growing Pains.
Speaker 5: I was trying to remember.
Speaker 1: It, Jason Growing Pains when I know, Oh that's the shot Alan think all shot kid? No, the kid with the mullet perm Who is the kid in that?
Speaker 2: Uh? I think Alan Thick Garnish his wages?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot the name of that kid. But you know Alan Thick is Robin Thick's dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, okay, looked at Growing Pains. This says deep aches or cramps that often occur in the after No that I need the show?
Speaker 1: What is the show?
Speaker 2: Oh? Uncle Phil? Oh great TV dad? But he was Uncle Phil. Right, it was Kirk Cameron, Yeah, Kirk Cameron Cameron, good job, Benny full House Dad, Danny Tanner not on the list, but shot.
Speaker 1: When you look at the cast of Growing Pains, it has Leonardo DiCaprio on it. Yeah, Kid's Friends? Was that before he Ate Gilbert?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he was like one of the kids friends.
Speaker 2: Was that before he Ate Gilbert? Great? Yeah? Okay, he was an autistic kid?
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a very sad movie.
Speaker 2: As many of us are.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh oh.
Speaker 1: And then also, you guys know George Clooney was on Facts of Life The Kloons. Yeah, is that right? Yeah, like George Clowney am I right? And of course George Cleony his character would going there and get a big giant lick of missus. Garrett Strudel, he would never eat it, but he lick it just to get a taste of it.
Speaker 2: There you have it. There's a little TV news for that ass coming up next.
Speaker 1: In just three minutes, we're gonna go around the sports and suddenly the Rangers are showing life.
Speaker 2: Is it too late? We'll discuss in just over three minutes.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere before Ben and Skin show on a whole day Now this segment is brought to you by Twisted Rutberger Company. Ben, I know you love those delicious Twisted root burgers. Yes, chef, you know what Ben's doing. He's leaning in on the build your own burger, yes, chef. So for example, if I go, all right, I'm actually going with chicken as.
Speaker 2: My protein, yes, chef.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put Swiss cheese on it, yes, Chef.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about a Mayo mustard mix.
Speaker 1: Yes, chef, and custom pickles, yes, chef.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm going down.
Speaker 1: See that's what you do now at Twisted Rutburger Company. Now they have their own They took like six months to revamp their menu and they're back better than ever. But those build your own burgers are dope, and they have tons of locations around the metroplex, talking about places like Carrollton, places like Capell Deep Elam, East Plano, Bedford, Arlington, Mansfield at Let's say you're getting out of town, you can stop at Waco and get a Twisted route Berger. It's unbelievable, dude. It's one of those burgers that always comes up when people say what is the best burger in Dallas Fort Worthy.
Speaker 2: It's always in the mix.
Speaker 1: So if you're true foodie and you wonder what the best burger in town is, don't even place a vote on what you think it is until you've tried twisted route. All right, coming up later in the show, KT begs you to fill his hole. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Now, this is cool.
Speaker 6: Around the sports KTD twins as all the sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I talked about these guys in about a week since I called for Bruce Bochi's firing. So the Rangers are now four and a half games back in the division, and last night they did something. They had sixteen run in a game. That's amazing. They'll go four or five games with a total of like four or five runs, but they have sixteen in a game was pretty wild.
Speaker 1: It's the most bizarre thing ever, because you know, being a lifelong Rangers fan, the Rangers have always traditionally had offense. I always had among the best offenses in the league, where they really struggles with starting pitching, and somehow when they finally get the starting pitching figured out, their offense has absolutely died.
Speaker 2: And it's a good offense.
Speaker 1: You'll be watching games and they'll lose two to nothing or three to one or one zero, and you're like, I don't understand what's happening. You're getting pitching and you're wasting it. How did we become a nineties National League team?
Speaker 2: This will be the most wasted year of pitching ever, because I think at ranger history, at third d are whatever you say, they're like really good and they could probably talk about like if trading from depth and their starting rotation if they want to. That's down the road. So I play a little better.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: There's a player poll in the Athletic can. I always like these things, you know, non player poll? And uh, they asked him what manager would you want to play for? Manager that you haven't played for yet? Too? It had that was part of the guideline, and Bruce Boche was your winner by far.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 2: Uh, Terry Francne was next way down on the list. Was Ron Washington, who's the manager of the Angels. What manager would you not want to play for? Washers on the list? A few times? One of the players said, because I like using my cell phone five and Washed is not allowing cell phones in the locker room.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I didn't know he was doing that. Now is he still running in place? Are you trying to place a little bit? I don't really check him out too much, so I don't. I don't really know. I like the Sacramento as.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they're he's the angels.
Speaker 1: Oh my bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right. Yeah, the Sacramento A's are having a hard time.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm honored to be on that list. Yeah, well, hey, skin, I'm honored to be on that list.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm not too good. I'm not too bad. I just do it the best I can, and we'll figure out a way to win some games. Will get better. Have you ever done any cocaine?
Speaker 12: I never any of that. I would do some if I needed to, and I thought it would make us win, But I just don't know that I'll ever do it.
Speaker 1: What managers do you think are likely to have done cocaine?
Speaker 13: Both?
Speaker 2: I don't know that there's ever any that I have.
Speaker 12: I just know that we're going to try to get better, and he's trying as hard as out there.
Speaker 2: He's gonna do his best job. He cannon, who will try to win some games?
Speaker 5: Well, you do a drug night over?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't know.
Speaker 12: Young man on top of another man, it's worked for somebody, but for me, it's not what I do. I don't try to cram my privates anywhere like that. I just try to be myself and try to win some ball games.
Speaker 6: I like rational boat. He really is, and I can somehow turned him into the dude who's like.
Speaker 12: Ms, I reckon, we'll get some hits, and I reckon, he'll.
Speaker 2: Do arrangers pride. My fact the day is that Tim McGraw's daughter has come out as queer. Hell yeah. Aaron Rodgers set to play his first season with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He held out, He's like, we'll sign a deal whenever everyone kind of knew he was going to sign with him. And then he's doing his first press conference because he's at you know, the mini camp or whatever, and someone asked him about the ring on his finger, like is that an apple? The apple ring that you can wear the track? Sure steps really and he's ring or whatever? Oh not been a couple of months. I'm married. And everyone's like.
Speaker 1: Oh, way, hold on, someone, were you making a joke? And and someone ask him that because I asked him, the last person on the planet that would have a tracking device on them is conspiracy rogers, like, what are we doing here? What a waste of question.
Speaker 2: So he's been married for a couple of months, and all we know is that back in December he did an interview on the Pat McAfee show and just said that he had a girlfriend named Brittany. So that's all we know. He's married to some ghost.
Speaker 1: What if his Britney spears Britney Ember now in the past a couple of months, Danica Patrick has, Hey, you know, we all know.
Speaker 2: Really it's kind of obscure. I thought, well, spell Brittany.
Speaker 5: I don't know who you're you're talking about. Is a porn star?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yes, Brittany Howard. Yeah, it could be Brittany Howard of the Alabama Shake. It kind of looks a lot like John Belushi.
Speaker 5: She would hate Aaron Rodgers so much.
Speaker 2: God, uh uh.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: A few months ago, dan dan Danica Potato Patrick said that she like it was a very abusive relationship, emotional emotional, not physically. Let's make a distinction. Although I wouldn't be surprised if she hit.
Speaker 1: Him, dude, She's she's a tough little gal. Thank you for your contributions to the world of sports. Kevin coming up next. It's the news, quickie. Why is there a campaign out there called fill my Hole? What is that? We'll discuss next.
Speaker 2: That moves quickie. Yeah, I mean for here, we uh go to Pennsylvania for this one. They got a big problem with potholes like we have here as well. I mean I saw a huge pothole the other day and then a couple days later on the next door app, someone's like, man, Mike tire got blown up in that pothole, and they described I was like, it's the one I was warning everyone about. I didn't put up a sign I should have. The point of it is, potholes are a big problem, but you have to report them or they're not going to get filled. So in Pennsylvania they've started a new initiative called fill my Hole.
Speaker 1: Great work, Christina. He dropped the music and marked it all holes. No way, He's just moving on now, who is phil feel excuse me?
Speaker 2: Miss. So they thought this would be a way to They thought this would be a way to get.
Speaker 1: Out, you know, some publicity for their pothole problem, which they are because Kevin's reporting it in Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 2: Yes see, you go, you download this app and you tell them where the pothole was, and now their city officials know where the pothole is and they can go fill it. But man, trying to find someone in Millersburg, Pennsylvania that'll do a news story on this has been difficult. Oh so difficult that I don't have one. So is there any way we can lighten how this campaign sounds? Fill my hole? I think there's better ways. I think cram the crack is way better.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're a genius.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: I I tried to talk over it to hide it, but it came back. Oh my god, probably heard that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why asked it was. Excuse me. I think I think this is helpful. Potholes are a problem. We deal with it more than they do in Pennsylvania. I'll gearing. Damn te you.
Speaker 1: That because of the heat. Yeah, I was, uh, fissures early earlier. It's not anal fissures earlier. I was leaving or last night, I was leaving where the podcast was over there in South Dallas, and I was just driving down the street and it was like being on a roller coaster. I mean, it's just there's some of these streets that have been neglected and the Texas heat just brutalizes it.
Speaker 2: And man it.
Speaker 1: Is it can't be good on your car. So are you going to start to fill my whole thing here?
Speaker 2: For difft?
Speaker 1: I like his cram my crack, my crack, I even work.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's great. I think it works pretty good. But if you know, if that's too crass, fine, we'll go with fill my hole.
Speaker 5: You should probably wait till July at least, you.
Speaker 2: Know, clog my crevice. What's July?
Speaker 5: It's prime so people might be confused.
Speaker 2: No, we're not waiting around for these potholes. Okay, all holes, No waiting. I can't wait. Need it now filled. I need it filled now. I need my whole field.
Speaker 5: Now there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you don't you want to damage your car?
Speaker 2: Dude, If my car is damaged, what am I? How am I supposed to get to work?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a great point. What he just said. You're the worst politician, Katie. I'm not being This is not political. You're you're out there trying to get votes right now, and I will not stand for this pandering.
Speaker 2: It's it's not pandering. This is simple. The needs of Americans. He's schmoozing constituents. Why aren't there more protests about potholes? Uh huh, that should be happening. Is that what's going on in l A right now? Following news it's going on, I.
Speaker 1: Just see crowds, and I'm assuming it's about potholes. Were you guys watching a lot of that last night?
Speaker 2: No? No, all right? Coming up?
Speaker 1: Come on, dude, I would look for you. I follow FC Dallas.
Speaker 2: Hurts my chest.
Speaker 6: They I just pulled a rib muscle. I don't have any muscles in my body. I just pulled some ribs. Fat I remember tattoo. Surprised either one of you watching that? Christina? Are you watching any of that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I was watching my boyfriend on TV.
Speaker 2: Yes, God, he's so good, so good.
Speaker 1: I couldn't stop looking at him.
Speaker 2: God, it's so much.
Speaker 1: It looks like that guy from the Prodigy. Yeah, Fuyer starter video.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: By the way, Skin was on with Cirk last night. We highly recommend you go subscribe to that circ Deceroy.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic. All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we got the Today game. Then we got a little food news and a weekday update. A lady issuing Costco. We got attack stats and an update on the Garland Python and the fight. McMahon's all that's coming your way on the Bet and Skin Show right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: It's time for food, all right. Coffee drinking has been on the rise. Since two thousand and four. The number of American adults who have drank coffee per day has risen by thirty seven percent. So basically, if you asked them you have a cup of coffee a day and they say yes, that's gone up thirty seven percent in the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: Doesn't have to be tied to availability. I was thinking the exact same thing. I bet the number of beverage places, whether it's you know, you think of Starbucks because they're everywhere, but there's a lot of different coffee houses around the America, and I bet that has risen. I bet that's risen by sixty five percent.
Speaker 2: Do you guys tip it Starbucks?
Speaker 1: I do, And I don't understand what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I pay on the app, so yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 1: I usually what I do is because I don't get big orders, you know, and so I usually if it's let's say it's which nothing is under five bucks now, So let's say it's six dollars and thirty eight cents, then I tip one dollar and sixty two cents, right, tip a dollar in round up, so.
Speaker 5: You customize it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because custom one.
Speaker 1: I'm not OCD, but I like round numbers on my credit card statements, so I round up every single thing that I can.
Speaker 2: What you're saying about using the app.
Speaker 1: That's the way to go because they let's say you go through the drive through at Starbucks and you order a seven dollars coffee, which is insane stupid, and they're like, oh, it's gonna ask you a question real quick, like they don't know what the question is, and it's you want to tip one, two, three or four dollars. I'm like, what all you did was pour coffee into a cup. I'm already overpaying for it. Yeah, but I understand the service industry.
Speaker 2: So I want to be a.
Speaker 1: Jerk, but we're subsidizing Howard Schultz's money. If you pay with the app, all you have to do when they say it's just gonna ask you questions, go, oh no, I'm paying with my app, and then it does not ask you the question, and then you just pay without having the pressure to tip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can get a free bakery treat if you want one, because your rewards points have scored well gold stars. I bought. I buy a twenty five dollars bag. I still go with Java John's. Twenty five dollars bag of Java John's. And I like iced coffee or yeah, cold Bruce so oh, cold brew maker. Okay, it's cheap, but you put in the fridge, give it's twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: That looks like it. That looks like a ten ounce cup. I think that's a ten ounce cup. Yeah, maybe, Okay. I had a cup yesterday or two days ago that was about two thirds o size, So I think I basically had a six ounce macha Okay, all right, six ounce macha ice with oat milk in it. What do you think that costs before tip? Seventeen dollars five nineteen Yeah, I would say four fifty forty four. I'd say six ninety nine, four fifty six dollars and forty one cents.
Speaker 2: Okay, average price of coffee on this study that I have in Dallas five dollars forty four cents. They have saying used to be able to get dollar coffee.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's real quick. That was a tall you got.
Speaker 2: Right, I got a small size.
Speaker 5: I feel like they got small.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: Now let me say I didn't get it at Starbucks. I got it in a place over in Alan called Armor. Okay, okay, which it's pretty great when you work somewhere and they provide coffee if you think about what each one costs.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get a coffee at work and that's saving you seven bucks.
Speaker 2: And you've got to talk to the person who orders it to like, let's do let's ramp that up a little bit though, let's not just go with community.
Speaker 1: Well, I have I have CA cup at the house, so every day i'd leave here, I'd take about fifteen to sixteen of those K cups.
Speaker 2: Home with me. Oh dude, I've been ripping off the company for years doing that. Yeah, it's great. One day they'll find out, now I I in this study they had. The study was conducted by a sleep store Okay, some mattress place, because caffeine and sleep. Dude, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: So I suffer from hardcore sleep APNA, Like I have the worst sleep ATNA I've got to get it treated. I got to figure out because I can't wear the mask. I can't stand it. Yeah, so I don't ever get good sleep. And I know I'm preaching the choir too, guy with narcolepsy, but I don't ever really get good sleep. And so I've got to figure that out because it's leading to me setting the coffee record for the state of Texas. I don't know if anyone drinks more coffee than me. That was basically that was like a guy with some elbow pain complaining about it to a one armed guy.
Speaker 2: And my elbow is sore. That hurt a lot.
Speaker 1: But you know, are I can't lift all the weights I want to lift a little discomfort.
Speaker 2: Let me talk to you about how much trouble I'm having sleeping when I yet my sea pap smear. It has helped me a lot. If you get one, are you thing? Do you wear it? Yeah? The mask? Yeah? Is it? Stay on? Yeah? Yeah? Turn around a lot. I move around a lot too, and I take it on and off.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: Do you do you still do that special thing with while you're wearing it?
Speaker 2: What are we talking about?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 2: Are you talking talking about? Talking about that campaign you're working on.
Speaker 1: Didn't Roxy ask you to wear Birds of the Apocalypse seapap mask?
Speaker 2: She wouldn't know what that was. Dallas is the most coffee dependent city and that was great.
Speaker 1: It was a great rap that man, that's the most professional all day.
Speaker 2: That's good all year.
Speaker 1: Maybe guy who started making animal sounds just decided to wrap that.
Speaker 2: Out in honor of the great Ryan Wilson.
Speaker 6: Let's get out of here, all right, Coming up next, coming up in just over three minutes.
Speaker 2: Uh, do not miss this.
Speaker 1: We have dog attack stats, an update on that, and a lady is suing Costco? Why is she doing that? All of that is coming your way in just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere, but no, it's.
Speaker 13: Time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: We got all the data from the US Postal Service saying that dog attacks on melmen and women have reached a seven year high. They reported more than six thousand dog attacks in twenty twenty four alone. Wow, how many six thousand? That sucks? And that's just reported.
Speaker 1: That sucks, Like I think of shark attacks more than any other attack.
Speaker 2: By the way, when I was in the ocean, I was.
Speaker 1: Not even in shark infested waters, especially not dangerous shark waters meaning turks and caicos. But the whole time I'm snorkeling the whole time, all I'm thinking about a shark.
Speaker 2: Is that, right?
Speaker 1: The whole time, I'm not able to relax or do anything else but think about sharks the whole time. That sounds really fun. I'm thinking about myself, and then I'm looking at my children swimming in the ocean and my wife. I'm like, yeah, we're all about to die be a shark attack, and so on my mind, I think there's a million shark attacks every year because of the movie Jaws. But based on those stats, you're like, you're way, way, way more likely to get attacked by a dog than a shark if you're a postal carrier, right, And most of those postal carriers don't swim, Yeah, Like they're not swimming from one place next in the ocean. So what about Ben looked over and his wife was actually swimming with the sharks. She was grabbing two different sharks by their shark fans, and they.
Speaker 2: Were just like, wee, there's a dog buy an awareness charity, so maybe we should start donating to that. Let's get them on, let's get their spokesperson. Katie.
Speaker 1: You were saying pit bulls are responsible for most of these dog attacks.
Speaker 2: I think some of them. I would actually like to know the type. It is mostly in the Midwest, we're seeing, Oh, what's that up to?
Speaker 1: Is that tornado alley?
Speaker 5: I will say it's weird.
Speaker 8: So Simon is a very sweet dog, but it's the postal, the guy that drops off our mail every single day.
Speaker 5: He goes insane and it's just him.
Speaker 8: And I don't know if it's in the dog's mind where it's like I don't want this person here every day, he still thinks he can get away with it, and.
Speaker 5: That is that what's going through their mind?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, have you ever seen that thing where it's two dogs going at each other, like with a door, a glass door between them, and they're like ah, and they're showing their teeth and the minute you open the door, they just totally chill. Yeah, Like, some some dogs are not about that life. I've got one living at my house all right, and and but some dogs are And I don't you know, if they're protecting their house, maybe they worry that this person.
Speaker 2: Is a danger.
Speaker 1: But the dog that will actually attack and not just bark, that's this terrifying thing. And I truly feel bad for those postal workers to have to deal with that. And dude, just bringing up pit bulls, like we've done that in the past on our show, and you get overwhelmed with text message.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: There's there's great pit bulls out there, and you can set a baby, a toddler and a pit bull's lap and it may do nothing.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Everybody should try that tonight, I get I get it, But I don't know if you have one of these dogs that is super aggressive and potentially dangerous, I mean, should you be responsible for that dog's actions? Like in other words, if a dog attacks somebody, why wouldn't the owner of that dog be held responsible for whatever the act is? I mean they are in terms of like if you assume them or what.
Speaker 2: We only hear about these stories when it's Dallas Cowboys players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, seriously, so, but yeah they should. And I think also the other part of the conversation, and people get very worked up about this. I agree with the sentiment that cocker spaniels are, you know, a bigger angry nuisance than a pit bull. I agree with that. The problem is that no cocker spaniel has ever muled anyone to death. You know, we're talking about the ferocity and the size of the animal. It's like there's people that have chimpanzees as pets and it's all finding good until the chimpanzee goes.
Speaker 2: You know what, this sucks.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tear this person apart, right, And they can do that because of their size and their strength and all these things. And so it's like, I'm not saying any dog is worse than any other dog. I'm not saying that at all. And I agree with you some of these poodles are bigger jerks and bite you more. But it's about I mean, dude, if a lion gets a hold of you, you're done. That's all there is to it. Because of the size and the frocity of the m and they're still animals, and so they're really impossible to predict one hundred percent of the time, especially these ones that play poker all the time. There are a lot of pictures of that.
Speaker 2: Dallas was sixth in the Cities with the dog attacks in twenty twenty four to forty three on the postal workers. I would also say, like you're talking about the baby and the pit bull thing. To me, that's just kind of the equivalent of Okay, I went to the zoo and we had a snake handler and we let the uh. I mean, I've seen this a million times at Polyphonic Spree Christmas shows, they have a big snake out in the hallway and the snake will Okay, the kid wants to take a picture with a snake, you know whatever. I'm like, Yeah, something bad could happen. And anytime you put yourself in a situation where something bad could happen, like driving, yeah, you know, it could happen. And that's just like the whole point of this. I know, that's not a real great philosopher speech for me.
Speaker 6: Would you please pull that and send it to Chris Arnold so he could play that on his show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the point you're making is that the guys from Jackass make bad decisions. I wasn't exactly sure, but it was excellent.
Speaker 2: We just could happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't you play golf one time with one of our advertisers.
Speaker 2: Dude, Jeff Stewart.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 1: Great drawing it in yep, the great Jeff Stewart, phenomenal athlete. The wind All right, Coming up next, we'll get into the wildlife news, speaking of animals and attacks and scary things. We have an update on the Garland python. You need to hear this story now, the wild.
Speaker 2: The wildlife Chanelle learned a viable lesson in journalism, and that's it's not like racing, where if you ain't first, your last. If your first, you sometimes you don't have all the details. So on the air, i'd like to I'd like to do this formal apology now. I chastised NBC five and CBS eleven, of our four main networks, for not having the Garland python story up on their website. Meanwhile, Channel eight and Fox four all over it. And then we played the Channel eight audio and we'll get to that in a second. But then I saw Meredith Land do a good story on NBC five and we have some more details on the Garland python from yesterday.
Speaker 14: Well, things got a little wild in a Garland neighborhood. It crowd gathered, but not because of some late night party.
Speaker 2: What is she inferring there? Implied they have late night parties in Garland all the time. Yep, Christina, no comment. We'll start again.
Speaker 14: Well, things got a little wild in a Garland neighborhood. It crowd gathered, but not because of some late night party. NBC five is Alicia Barrera tells us about the massive snake that had the entire street buzzing.
Speaker 2: I do want to warn you guys. Alicia Barrera will do that with all of the Hispanic names you're going to hear in this story back, for instance, Nick Garza will not sound like Nick Garza.
Speaker 15: The main questions have been where did this massive snake come from? And does it have an owner? And the answer is the snake didn't slither too far from home, hiding in the grass, inching closer to a stranger's driveway.
Speaker 2: And it will let's snake you see at the zoo.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 15: A fifteen foot python was discovered late Saturday night in the South Garland neighborhood. Nick Godessa says the yellow python eventually made its way towards the white truck in his neighbor's driveway.
Speaker 11: Got the call at eleven PM, and they just told me that it was going to be a snake.
Speaker 15: Animal control officer Alexandro Caramidio, however, didn't know it was an eighty five pound python.
Speaker 11: Normally we use these to grab the pet of the snake so you can control it. Obviously, its head was too big to be controlled by the and it was too strong. It turned around when I pulled its tail and tried to lunch at me. From there, it slithered underneath his truck and then went up into his engine.
Speaker 15: Baser Hatami. You eventually got the job done and transported the fifteen foot snake back to the shelter, where it was picked up by a foster just hours later. But the snake will soon go home to its original owner, who told officers he's in the middle of a move.
Speaker 7: I guess he just didn't secure it too well and ended up getting out. But good case scenario is that we got it. It's just like how we don't get you in trouble for your dog running out at large.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's a pet. It wasn't too far.
Speaker 7: It didn't get very far at all. If anything, it just had to cross one major road and it was there.
Speaker 15: According to Garland Animal Services, the owner does have a snake permit, is not in any trouble and we'll only have to pay a small impound fee in Garland. Alicia Brera in BC five, Okay.
Speaker 5: That was so much better than yesterday's story.
Speaker 1: Was Yeah, I am Whitey mcgringo, white guy. If I had the ability to pronounce these names properly, I would, But I can't roll my rs. I can't. I'm jealous of you for a lot of reasons, but especially that I wish I could. Our buddy Jake Vielma was giving me hell the last time I saw him because he said I was saying Cynthia's at Gata's name wrong. Oh, And I would try to say it and he kept going, no, dude, and he would say it in the west, like I'm not capable of saying it, Like how do you say it? What's your spot? Do you know how to saying? I mean, that's kind of how I thought I was saying. He's like no, and then he said it in this way. It's like, oh my god, that's magical. I can't. I'm not capable of that skill that you have. All Right, I want to say this. Yesterday's news story had the weirdest music in it. Yeah, reposted it on the Eagle Instagram account.
Speaker 2: You should go listen to that.
Speaker 1: But dude, a fifteen foot snake, Yeah, that can eat a human, That could eat a large that could eat me. Think about that. It could eat a large adult male. I'd pay to watch that. We had that Dallas cowboy who took his thing, David Irving. David Irving took his he was six two eighty five. He took his snake to the doctor or to the vet, and he was like, hey man, it's this snake's night eating. It's you know, it's always laying on me at night, trying to get warm.
Speaker 2: I think it's.
Speaker 1: Cold, and it goes the vet was like, actually, your snake is starving itself and it's measuring itself, waiting till.
Speaker 2: It's big enough to eat you. Amazing. Yeah, and this one's twice the size of David Irving. Yeah, dude. And they were got like very non shalannabout, Yeah, what can easily eat it?
Speaker 1: Just wondering toddler if any toddler's up robing the neighborhood on a big wheel. Oh, and that happens in Garland all the time. Now, you you may not be able to answer this question because in the moment you made you don't know what you're gonna do. But if you turn the corner and there is a fifteen foot snake crossing the street, would you slam on your brakes or would you run it? A? Hey, this may win you some Rangers Royals tickets. I'm just saying, do you know what he would do? It's someone's dear pet. They may love it like a dog, even though it has no emotion and is a serpent.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, it's a green light and you're kind of going, hey, locked on my leg and the law here. No, you're driving down your street. You're forty houses away from your actual house. You just turned the corny drive down the street and as soon as you turn, suddenly fifteen feet in front of you is a fully stretched out the length of an NBA lane. It's fifteen foot snake crossing the street and it's sloges it's python.
Speaker 1: Do you stop or do you just run that hoe?
Speaker 2: Speed limits forty miles per hour thirty that's a thirty miles per hour. I'll probably stop at thirty. I thought it was a speed bump. I didn't see it.
Speaker 15: Oh pounded, yep, all right, friends, impounded.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, let's break out the Wayback Machine, the Fight McMahon's are Back. That's coming up next in just over three minutes. Don't miss it right here on the Mighty Eagle book Ben Anskin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. This segment is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery out there in Salina, Texas that Ben and I are partners in, and this Saturday is going to be really big out at the brewery. Join us for our annual big German Car Show from seven to nine. We're, of course celebrating all things big German because it's anniversary time for his birthday, for the maps winning the championship, and we do it with our big German Car Show. We've teamed up with the Maverick Region of the Porsche Club of America and it's a parking lot full of Porsches, plus food, local beer, live music, and of course all things big German, which is our delicious coals Man. I love this big German Car Show. I'm like really into vehicles and so when they roll out all those badass porsches. And I mean, car shows are awesome just because they're free, right, Yeah, you just get to grab a beer and eat some food, walk around and look at badass cars. And I'm a car guy. I like to dream about driving those cars. I take some of them for a spin until they kick my ass. Don't forget too. On Father's Day, We're gonna have the brewery open for beer, bourbon and barbecue on Father's Day. So tons of fun stuff happening at Rollertown. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: It's time to go into the Windberg. We are going to go to there. The fight McMahon's is today's case study. Ronnie and Terry McMahon from the country, guys who like to fight and fight with each other. They fight with their guests sometimes, and boy, they were very unhappy when Bob Stoops decided to retire from the University of Oklahoma? Is that right? I remember this?
Speaker 1: So do you know?
Speaker 2: I didn't either, And that's why we're kind of doing it because I was laughing when I listened to it. So here we go. This is Jack Jack, a Oklahoma football blogger. Okay, on.
Speaker 1: We have a year of this because I remember when Stoops retired, I.
Speaker 2: Would say eighteen or nineteen.
Speaker 1: I just know that he came back and kept trying to get on the morning show on the Freak about once every two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. We had him on one time and yeah, didn't go well. All right, So here it is Ronnie and Terry McMahon with Jack from Oklahoma.
Speaker 6: All right, join us now the fight. McMahon's me, Ronnie, is my brother, Terry. Join us now? Is h from Oklahoma from the SB Nation blog. It's Jack Shields subject. What'd you say?
Speaker 2: Did you say? Man? Ma'am? There's two of us, so what's up? Men? Would be appropriate?
Speaker 6: Jack?
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 6: Look, I just want to start by saying, Bob Stoops is a leaving that job. There's still more football to be played. He'll never be able to hold Barry Switzer's your comments, man.
Speaker 9: He's he's accomplished quite a bit. He won more games than Barry Switzer. He didn't win as many now he's obviously Switzer won three.
Speaker 2: Natties like natural nateral light. I like it. I'll drink with him a little expensive, but it's delicious. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what he so he had a drinking problem?
Speaker 9: Then, no, no, no, you're backing down from comment. I am so.
Speaker 10: You know, we like to have a beer occasionally, but you know, I think he had it under control, probably more than Switzer.
Speaker 2: Honestly, what are you saying about Barry Switzer? I want to stop that. That's one minute in of eight and we're ball like already we were trying to find this guy multiple times. Good.
Speaker 9: I'm not saying anything bad about Barry Switzer. He like to have a good time.
Speaker 6: Sounds like you're talking, Hey, Barry Switzer's Jack Barry's is still in good shape.
Speaker 2: He looked like he could still whip some nothing good ship. Yeah, he can't go Bob Stoops. You think he could beat up Stoops right now?
Speaker 9: Honestly, I'm gonna go with Switzer. He's got that old man's strength. Yeah you're asking, Yes, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first smart thing you said, Jack Shields.
Speaker 6: Okay, So why Bob Stoops punk out and run off like a.
Speaker 10: He didn't punk out? I mean he's living the goods.
Speaker 9: Have you seen his house? Hey?
Speaker 2: You back talking talking to me?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: Damn it?
Speaker 9: Terry?
Speaker 2: Let him answer the question. Tell him Jack shut up jacking my brother Rony. Jack answered the question, sorry about Terry?
Speaker 10: I answered the question, Man, he's living the good life.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 10: He's got a gigantic house and another one on the Gold Coast in Chicago. Two point five million dollars on the Gold Coast in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Golf Coast state in Chicago. Boy, why what are youse accounting? The Gulf Coast is the source of Texas.
Speaker 9: Man, I'll tell you that what Chicago's better than Dallas? Man, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 6: What the are you saying? Better than Dallas? You dumb in Oklahoma?
Speaker 2: Hey? Wait, why do you like it so much?
Speaker 12: Jack?
Speaker 9: Because there's more to do than there is in Dallas. It's more condensed the Glad.
Speaker 2: I mean, the dolls are harder the Dallas.
Speaker 9: Son.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 6: You need to bring that tanny down here and see what you can find. There's hot chicks everywhere. You wouldn't even know what to do. There's so many hot chicks, Jack, you're a dump.
Speaker 11: Jack.
Speaker 2: There's some hot women here, Oh.
Speaker 9: Of course, yeah, I mean I've been down there for you text. There's some good looking women in Dallas. It's just a numbers thing, man. Chicago's bigger than Dallas.
Speaker 2: No, I see what you're saying about the math.
Speaker 6: I don't, Jack, I know that Snoops had this guy waiting in the wings. That dude doesn't know nothing. He's just some dummy, a green rookie over there. You even know how to coach nothing. Chip Kelly's gonna go take his job. The boy chip Kelly, don't come in here.
Speaker 4: Talking, Jack.
Speaker 2: Let him it is said as Jack.
Speaker 6: Listen, man, If I if my brother says Chip Kelly gonna be in there, he got Chad to be in there.
Speaker 2: Rodd. He's a dumb, but he knows football. Jack, I know football. That's the one thing Mama says.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 9: Back off, all right, you're a football guy.
Speaker 2: You got me, all right.
Speaker 6: I want you to scrab I want you to fight. I mean, I don't want you to give up. Look, you're obviously you got a lot of quitting you Jack, and I know you know that. And you know that team better than we do because we only cover good teams. But that team in particular down there is gonna be a mess.
Speaker 9: I mean, is shame Bouchell gonna win the Big twelve this year?
Speaker 6: Let them?
Speaker 9: Let me ask you that.
Speaker 6: If he's anything like his hero Daddy sures will and bless you Texas Rangers and the Dray was not talking about shell Tank Tammy probably about to mention Nolan Ryan there and you ruined it. Dag Man, Jim Sunberg, No, Len Bouchell, all of them are Texas Rangers. Jack, Buddy bail to Son, the great Buddy Bell. You know about Richie is this? Yeah, boy, al Oli her Son.
Speaker 9: All right, I only go back to Rusty Greer and those guys.
Speaker 6: Good job, yeah, good job. We're talking to old Jack Shields in Oklahoma Escumen Nations Rangers. He's shut up, let me reset, shut up and let me resett.
Speaker 2: Man. I'm doing I'm doing the radio stuff. I'm trying to do my job the way the boss. Don't it You did too, Cauys time fighting.
Speaker 1: Get back to the interview, Gott Shields right now.
Speaker 2: Uh so, Jack, you know we like the fight. Uh yeah.
Speaker 6: I've been in more fights than probably both these other guys in this room combined.
Speaker 2: And you look like it too.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 6: I took some shots. I'll take some shot. There's no question. You gotta take a punch. You give a punch. I respect that.
Speaker 2: I want to know you, Jack. When's the last time you got in a fist fight?
Speaker 10: Last time I got in a fist fight was twenty eleven in the playoffs when the thunder We're playing the Dallas Mavericks in Oklahoma City?
Speaker 2: Who kicked your ass? I bet it was Mark Stein from ESPN. I bet you pissed him off in the media hallway and he just jacked you.
Speaker 9: Absolutely not it was a Rando.
Speaker 2: But it was Rambo. Did kick Rambo's ass?
Speaker 6: If Rambo found you in a hallway in Oklahoma City, he would have gutted you like a pig with that big ass Rambo.
Speaker 2: Naf you fought Rainbo? Did you?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: I thought you said you just you fought ran John J.
Speaker 9: Rambo Rabo. I fought a Rando. Rando r a n d oh.
Speaker 2: Oh Randa like a hot chip Randa? Is it like a half man half girl like Randy and Rondo.
Speaker 9: But his Rando a random dude. I don't know him.
Speaker 11: What you just like that.
Speaker 6: You just chose somebody out of the Oklahoma City stands and started whipping their ass.
Speaker 9: That's Kankester, Absolutely wow.
Speaker 2: Why did it happen?
Speaker 9: Because he was talking smack Man? What he say something about us being hillbilly's I'm not a hillbilly?
Speaker 2: You atella like one?
Speaker 15: I am.
Speaker 6: I'm happy to be one. I'm proud of it to be one. In all seriousness, though, Uh, you know what happened? I mean what he say to you that really set you off? That was it?
Speaker 9: I mean, I mean, I don't take kindly to being called a hillbilly.
Speaker 2: Why did he call you a hill billy? Were you like whittling something or like cooking up a catfish? And improp too? Snow your cousin?
Speaker 9: She was assuming that because I'm from Oklahoma that I'm a hill village?
Speaker 2: She did you whip with girls?
Speaker 10: Ass? Boy?
Speaker 2: I'll drive up there. You ain't say it was a hey? Why could hear him?
Speaker 9: It was?
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 9: D m?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 2: Jack? How much do you bench? Good question?
Speaker 9: Oh about eight hundred pounds? How much do you weigh?
Speaker 2: Why are you trying to fight me?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 6: I'm your friend? Are you trying to be I'll drive up there, man, I know Ronnie, you know your number?
Speaker 9: There you go, all right?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 2: Having fun with us anymore? Are you? Jack?
Speaker 9: I'm having fun? I'm having fun.
Speaker 2: Have you ever doubled up on anybody, you know what I'm saying. Anybody like a three way?
Speaker 9: What kind of freeway?
Speaker 2: The fun kind? What kind you like?
Speaker 9: No comment?
Speaker 2: Do you like to spit or swallow with the dipper? Copagan? Yeah? In your mouth? You don't infer anything other than just the dip. Question. What do you think I'm in when you put a big dip in your mouth?
Speaker 9: I don't anymore.
Speaker 2: If it's a giant dip in your mouth, you spit or swallowed neither.
Speaker 9: I quit.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack, and I'm a little I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: So that's what you do old times while you apologize.
Speaker 2: Terry job, Ronnie.
Speaker 6: I'm talking to.
Speaker 9: Jack right Jack, I'm lost.
Speaker 2: Hey, what else you got to say about Oklahoma?
Speaker 9: I mean, honestly, I mean, there's a lot of nostalgia right now.
Speaker 2: We're out of tab Jack, you go, Thank you so much for joining us. Man, you are a pretty good guest. Thank you for joining Jack, Jack, fat fat fat fat? Hey fat, yeah fat?
Speaker 6: Next time we see you, we probably ain't gonna kick your ass because we liked you.
Speaker 2: You did a good job. Thanks for jumping on with us.
Speaker 9: Jack, your job, Jack, absolutely thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Guys, all right, I love you all right, coming up next?
Speaker 6: How many people could Hollywood hitters and kick it one time on the fight McMahon's I.
Speaker 2: Can answer that question right now, right. I don't need to go to break. I don't want to answer it. Break, God, I think you could beat up twenty guys at once.
Speaker 8: I said it.
Speaker 2: Well, we blew him. He's coming up next to nothing, Jack, there you go?
Speaker 1: All right, Jack, dude, can you get Jack back on the air. But did you keep any of those numbers?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Come on, no, none of their emails or anything, not even in your burner phone. God, what is he thinking? I don't know, man. They just open up about how he got in a big fight.
Speaker 1: I never got I never understood it. Hisst fight was not a good story. I don't think you got someone inferred. He was a hillbilly and he ran into the stands.
Speaker 2: What's crazy, as a lot of these guys could be dead too, you know long times, and that's why we go back into the machine to make it dark.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the time that KT looked dead Jack dead in his eyes, and he said to him.
Speaker 2: They changed things on as quick on this world. So enjoy you every minute. Well you have it.
Speaker 1: That's good advice for a dead guy. Coming up next, Christina, play some tunes here on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Here you're going, I want to get my sack backed. Dude, great summer that you hanswer,