Speaker 1: You know our Bible study group is going to the Holy Land next month. I'd like you and your family become as my guests.
Speaker 2: Hmm, let me think, take my family to a war zone and a butch filled with religious lamos, in a country with no pork, in a desert with no CASINOSO, where do I sign? No four finger discount.
Speaker 3: Ude, Welcome to four Finger Discount where this week we here to review. Well, first of all, I'm Dando. Hey, I'm guys. So I've been doing this podcast for eleven years, right, you've been doing it for six. We've reviewed some absolute stinkers, some episodes. I still fall back in Codependence Day, that's the podcast, because it made me so angry. Like I said, we were reviewed some absolute stinkers those over those years. But to quote camp Bruckman, this one outstinks them all.
Speaker 4: We've got a new jam Bladers and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: This one was bad in the sense I think this was worse than Codependence Day because this one didn't have any logic, any jokes, an ending that was so far fetched and ludicrous. It just left me not angry, baffled.
Speaker 4: And that's before we even get into the whole weeds of has this age poorly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had one of the biggest i'd say one of the biggest stars at the time. Sash about it current. He was just coming off the Borat film was two thousand and six. I think it's a twenty ten Alig. He's still right in that waves Kinder. People knew who he was. He was a big name at the time, right in twenty ten. This is how you used him.
Speaker 4: By the way, have we announced what we're talking about?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, So the title is a lie. It's called the Greatest Story Ever doed a play on the greatest story ever told? Yeah, saytually the Simpsons go to Jerusalem. Why we don't know that? We do know this. This is how stupid the fucking story is, right, this is how ridiculous it is. So Flanders is annoyed again by something Homer does. He's having a Bible studies group, and then they go, We're going to Israel. Do you want to come with us? And I'm gonna take you down. I'm going to help you find the find the light, become a better person. And Marj's like, you're gonna do all that, my homie, Well, we can't, we can't make you pay for it. We're all going to come and we're gonna pay for it. I'm like, what is this? Why would she think that that's going to help Homer? B Why we shed then go, We're gonna pay for it. See why the kid's going The Simpsons are going to Israel. That's why which this episode sucks me saying this in twenty twenty six. It feels odd to say that because we've had so many episodes with like the Simptoms are going to England, the Simpsons are going to Ireland, the Simptons are going to Australia, the Simpsons are going to Israel. Foist the entire time. I'm going to do that voice the whole time.
Speaker 4: Now, First of all, this is a question I wanted to say at the very very beginning because I did a bit of research.
Speaker 3: But which I mean? I visited the Wikipedia.
Speaker 4: Page for this episode. The writer of this episode was a local price, wasn't it. I know it's Kevin Current, Kevin's Longer with Us? Yes, Kevin Current is the next episode. Yes, was nominated for what is called the Humanitess Prize.
Speaker 3: What is that? I didn't even look it up. Here's the quote. This is work that.
Speaker 4: Explores the human condition in a nuanced and meaningful manner. Let me ask you, Dando does it? Where was the nuance? Where was the meaning?
Speaker 3: So Homer then is an obnoxious jerk the entire time. Flanders throws in the town and concedes, I can't fix this guy. He's beyond redemption. Yes, goes to see a movie, goes to see Transformers, go to see the Reformist. Homer goes to look for Flanders goes out into the desert on a I think it was something desert horse. We call it desert horse anyway, desert car and it gets lost, has like an epiphany, thinks he's now the Messiah. And then they explain that apparently this is a condition to people who'll suffer from when they go to Jerusalem. Jerusalem.
Speaker 4: Now, in your research, did you find is this actually a thing that happened.
Speaker 3: I refuse to believe this is an actual thing. I don't think people go then and think they come out thinking their guide or that's the case.
Speaker 4: No, people may go and have and have like some kind of conversion or epiphany. It's like, wow, all this stuff that I read about in the Bible, Well, that's an actual place that's pretty wild. Yeah, but I don't think Jerusalem syndrome is actually a thing.
Speaker 3: And hope it becomes a messiah and people buy into it. He's like, you're now going to be like he creed you or something something like that. I will say, however, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Will occasionally break out the green highlight to go, hey, favorite bits of this episode. I only have one instance where I broke out the green highlight. Don't spoil it the favorite, but it does involve that particular sequet.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll all go to tease for the favorite moments, so stick around. But this is the kind of episode for me. I always say, there's people out there that just hate the Simpsons for the sake of hate the Simpsons. It's not the way it used to be. Shape your fist that cloud, right, But these are the kind of episodes where you kind of get justified because if you just tuned into the Simpsons after ten years and this was what you saw, you would go, I'm not watching the Simpsons ever. Again, that is highly correct. Honestly, as a fan, if I tuned in after a couple of years and this was the one that I watched, I would go this show has lost it? Yeah, lost it? Did you laugh once? I maybe got a couple of chuckles, But I just thought this one was so nothing. It was just I'm watching. I got to the end and I went, what was the point? Now? The tour guy was played by Sasha, right, were these jokes funny if you're Jewish? Or was it just like you have to be Jewish to get the jokes in this episode? Because it was completely lost on me. I was watching this going, he's just being mean, He's just speaking really fast, coming understand him half the time.
Speaker 4: Let's we're gonna we're have to walk very carefully through a lot of these things, because I mean, I think we're trafficking in sort of like cultural and I guess racial stereotized to some degree. I may be incorrected, but I want there may be a distinction between, say, what you traditionally regard as the Jewish identity and the Israeli identity.
Speaker 3: How do I frame it?
Speaker 4: Maybe all Israelis are Jewish, but not all Jewish Israeli from what I understand, and again I'm trying not to offend anyone when I say this. I'm just going by what I've heard and what I can sort of set me understand is that the Israeli character can be viewed as a very upfront and to some degree confrontational, but you want to be less than charitable. You could say arrogant and abrasive, and maybe that's a play on that, and it's Yeah, the comic character was well comic effect, pushing it to ludicrous extreme.
Speaker 3: I'm watching it. Having said that, none of just felt scripted off, felt like, hey, Sasha just just just be angry at the microphone for twenty minutes sometimes where we talking for like thirty seconds straight and the people around him were just sort of rolling their eyes, and I'm going, yeah, I feel you, Yeah, what is this? Yeah, Now, I've read some reviews where they were saying, oh, yeah, I've had tour guides like this who are and not necessarily Israeli ones. Just you know, you'll go to a different country and you'll go on a cultural tour or whatever, and the tour guide will be talking a mile a minute and wanting to do their thing as opposed to almost like doing a tight five, as opposed to imparting information. But having said that, yeah, I mean I didn't find it all that human. I didn't really know anything about this episode going in and all throughout. When you've got the tour guide, I was like, who is this? You know?
Speaker 4: And props to Sasha Baron Cohnor. I think he's a very talented person. He clearly immersed himself in this character and up that I was like, oh, he is Jewish, which ye yeah, well yeah, that is a very big part of his I guess identity. I mean he's he's very pro.
Speaker 3: Jude days and we'll pro jew What he did with this character was like, I didn't know that was Sasha Baron Cohen. At the end, I kind of went, oh, that's Sasha Barron going I don't feel bad for him. There was so one note it was yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, whether that's the joke, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just watched this, going this guy here. You could have done such a biggest, more entertaining story keeping him in Springfield, tying in Krusty in some way, Krusty being Jewish maybe could be a cousin of Krusty's a long lost brother, you know, anyone did the whole rival show thing again, but tying a story with Krusty.
Speaker 4: I just think having him there and then having him go where he goes at the airport is like, oh boy, yeah, I mean there's some really I'm know, the bad taste jokes. At the time, they're worst taste jokes now you know what.
Speaker 3: It felt like.
Speaker 4: It's almost like, I mean, this is the kind of shit that you would sort of edit out start raping dad style.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well. The thing is, though, so Krusty is the big Jewish character of the show, right, and it feels like that scene with him at the airport felt like, well, we need to get Crusty in there somewhere because he's the Jewish character. So we'll have him a here one and done. I think he might appear once throughout the episode, but it's like it's pointless, Yeah, he has no. So many moments in this episode have no bearing on the story. It's like, for example, who was the other guest star the voice of the young girl, Oh Yaley'll.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, yeah, yes, who I believe is a singer songwriter?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so she voices the security It turns out to be off the tour tour guide. Yeah. So her point was she chases Bart for like a chase and it goes forever and then she they have like a and then she has her own version of karate and they beat she beats him up, and that's it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Israeli marshal out Kraub Macgardens apparently kind of bad us. I wouldn't I'd like to learn it. Actually, yeah, and it's not fucking around and.
Speaker 3: But but what was the point. It didn't have any bearing on this, There was no the story is that the Home of Flanders story. But by the time they get to Israel, it's just the Simpsons are going to this Lamark, The Simpsons are going to that Lambart, The Simpsons are going here. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, there are some episodes where you know they've got the initial idea and it's like, I don't mind that, you can actually do some interesting stuff with that. And that's the issue. That's the episode we're going to be talking about next. I think that American History Excellent, which is our next episode, I think has got a really sturdy foundational idea.
Speaker 3: This not so much. Yeah, I completely agree. When we get to the episode next week, I completely agree. There was a lot there that could have been fixed. This one here is this is folding.
Speaker 4: This is the planners not worth saving, no.
Speaker 3: Worth watching.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, and also it's everyone comes off badly in.
Speaker 3: This, especially Homer. I'm much in this is terrible. But I'm like, okay, so this Kevin rest in peace, buddy. But you've regressed the character again because the character felt has been better in recent recent episodes. Yeah, he's just gone back to moronic, horrible cruel but knowing he is too and not caring. I'm just I'm an American tourist. Time do this and it's like, no, no, I have a little make him more pushy Americans as it goes along, when he's confronted with a foreign culture, make him go, no, everything's better in America.
Speaker 4: Don't have him just step off the plane in a USA hat, just you know.
Speaker 3: Just in case he didn't forget he was an American tourist. He's wearing USA everything, indeed, but every I mean, but Ned as well. I mean, I think we've had episodes in the past or experiences in the past with Ned where he's kind of like, I want to sort of bring people around in my way of thinking. But he's never been all that sort of pushy I'm taking you to Israel this you this time.
Speaker 4: I mean, he usually sort of tries to lead by example.
Speaker 3: I suppose it was love to join this one here. He gave him the challenge of fixing him.
Speaker 4: But still, I guess but Ned just came across as really pushing. It's kind of like, dude.
Speaker 3: He's up. I've developed this theory this week. I'm trying to work out like people kept saying. I got asked a lot this week by friends, went to a couple of parties. When you're Consimpsons stopped being good and I thought about enough, what about it? This episode? I think it is when Homer the character realized he was an asshole. He was an asshole in the Golden Era at times, but he was oblivious to it, and then he got called out for it and went, you know what, I'm sorry, let me fix this. There came a point where the Homer character was a prick to everybody, deliberately didn't care. They would call him out for it and he go, shut up, mate, So what I'm Homer Simpson. That's when the show started. That's when the vibe of the show changed. When your main character was horrible knowingly and didn't care, didn't want to fix things. And then sometimes they would go They'll try and have an ending where he's like, I really need to fix something, but you've been so horrible for so long deliberately that there's no redemption here, very much the case. Yeah, just this episode here, I just left going, this is everything that people say they don't like the sims anymore. This is case in point, this is why you would stop watching the Simpsons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, looks poorly deployed, Yester oh Man.
Speaker 3: And honestly one of my wasn't wasn't that good? Not that good?
Speaker 4: One of my pet peeves jokes that explain themselves. And yeah, as I said, a found a faulty foundation for a story. Yeah, no good, no good, no Blino.
Speaker 3: And then by the end of it, because the people buy into which you get into your favorite moments that people buy into Homer's new philosophy on well peace and whatnot and with religion, Flantnus now thinks I go through to him, right like, I'm going, no, you didn't, And then he gets into Planet Homes like you got through to me. I'm like, wait a minute, no you didn't, because we know the next episode you're going to go back to being a pricta Flanners again. Exactly.
Speaker 4: You can't be putting a band aid on at the very end and thinking that you've caused you know, you've saved an amputated leg.
Speaker 3: I just didn't like this episode. Bottom of the barrel. This is bottom. This is top five worst episodes for me. It ain't great, it's it's bad. Yeah, it's no good at all. It's horrible.
Speaker 4: By the way, this episode apparently received mixed to positive reviews.
Speaker 3: I refuse to believe that, yes, which only confirms the rumor the Jews do run the media. God, I'm true, don't mean it. My favorite, all right, favorite moments in the episode is the Davis.
Speaker 4: I only have one, and it's when Homer does, in fact trying to bring peace to the Middle East by saying that not all of us eat pork, not all of us eat sheellfish, but all of us love chicken. It's like, that's actually not a bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think the the Arabic guy says, yeah, it's good Google with kageen and yeah, yeah, boil it. And but so does anyone not like chicken? You know what it is because we're raised to eat chicken nuggets. The staple kids mill at a pub nuggets and chips. Oh yeah, very much so. Over the last couple of decades, I've just I've just sort of fallen on the point of now of what the kids are doing something. It's like nuggets and chips, Like what's how high? Sir?
Speaker 4: Well, if you were watching on YouTube a little earlier, by means go back and do something's I think stopping it but you may see over Dando's shoulder the World's Best Dad picture, drawn by Elliott.
Speaker 3: Tell you what is my favorite food? K Well, my dad is always my dad always says funny things my dad. My favorite thing about Dad is he's cheeky. My dad is thirty seven. His favorite color is blue. That's correct. That is so good at footy, and dad makes the best I think it says snitzles. Okay, he's right about most of those things. But yeah, certainly. But yeah, everybody loves chicken. Hey, guess what that was my favorite moment from this episode? Read what my favorite moment was? Guy none full stop none bullstop cooked and I went, I'm sure I chuckled, But you know what, I'll get to those when we do have full run through, because I couldn't be bother going back and trying to find them. Yeah, not normally those bits when I'm doing the the review and taking notes where I go, oh, that's a good one. I'll put that in my favorite moments. Nothing.
Speaker 4: I couldn't find any Everything I've written down here is like, either this might have aged badly, oh boy, but kind of a jerk too. There is my favorite note. They're a point to this.
Speaker 3: In this accent and yeah, this is no good. But here's the thing. I couldn't tell if this episode was pro Jewish or anti Submittic. That's the problem, isn't it. It's so weird. Yeah, and not weird in a good way. No, it's highlighting all the stereotypes of the culture, but really painting in a negative light. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well we've done our favorite moments.
Speaker 3: That's that. Yeah. I will say the one bit that I liked about this one was at the start because I felt the most at least somewhat normal Simpsons episode where Homa was playing with the kids on the slipping side and stuff like that. There's a couple of sort of funny zingers there because I always like it when I see Homo somewhat being a good dad. But even still, it was being a jerk at the same time, and I was just like, Ah's he's done a dumb down jerky where he rips out the bit of the lawn lawn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then of tribal jungle dancers.
Speaker 3: What is going on here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's very much what is going.
Speaker 3: Next question you there eating the paste trivia time. My first question for you is what is the name of the little girl? Oh, it's a really well, it's very Israeli name. Is it dieta it? Do I know a door ring once?
Speaker 4: I have not known anyone by that name, but asked the end of that chapter, and now you know the rest story. My first question is Ned's clock has a saying on it?
Speaker 3: What is that? Which? Where was the clock in the kitchen? Yeah? It says time for a good deed? Okay. What does Jesus arms are like? The Oh a nice one? What I thought it would have been the cross? Maybe those arms are moving? What was on his bracelet? W W J D Yeah, Tyler Durton do.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: When they get to the hotel in Jerusalem, the breakfast buffet closes.
Speaker 3: When interim minutes. It's intimidate because it wasn't an actual time, was just intim minutes. I actually didn't mind that because I will put it to a vote and they all vote the breakfast buff I'm not a big fan of breakfast buffets. I find I get to it and I go once about a couple of eggs. I'm like, I don't want to have all I can eat at breakfast time because I feel like a sloth for the rest of the day. Correct. I mean, if you're gonna eat the biggest meal, it should be the morning because you can work it off throughout the day. But I don't want to feel like a bloated mess from breakfast time onwards. No, No, it's true. Do you do you like a good OI you can eat buffet, not breakfast buffet, just all you can eat for dinner. Wise, I like, I like all you can eat buffets for dinner, not breakfast.
Speaker 4: I mind a breakfast buffet in all honesty.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, and one that's I like the unlimited hash Browns I do take.
Speaker 4: But then, I mean, we went out for Mother's Day a little while ago. When it was Mother's Day, you did with shouldn't want you around put I put my back out on staying in bed, like okay, mom, went to a very well it was a pretty nice place, but it was like, oh, hashma, Yeah, I've also got this dealer where it's like, okay, you order eggs and that costs this much, and then side side side side side, it's like.
Speaker 3: Three dollars per hash brown.
Speaker 4: Man, we used to make things in this country, but I mean breakfast.
Speaker 3: You know, you dolls for spinish, three dollars for this, three dollars for that. And I'm like, what do you mean? They should be automatic on the big break doesn't this say big breakfast?
Speaker 4: Just look like a man who had all he could eat but a hash brown. And it was kind of like a giant like all those things, a little like a giant potato gem and all we're sort of mashing.
Speaker 3: That's what you want, No, it's not what you want. You want a thin, flat, correct, crispy and crispy.
Speaker 4: And this was a bit more sort of like it was sold on the outside like nationally.
Speaker 3: Inside it's like this is not No, they're still one thing that macas get right out the hash Browns. Correct, Yes, did they still do the hotcakes? Didn't they cancel? I'm not sure. I was working at the pop Culture record store the other day and they were like, we're doing a macas are only one and I'm like, nah, go get some chicken project. But they look at it.
Speaker 4: Everyone likes chicken. But correct, man, I'm a philosophy, I'm a religion, the home of the Whopper. But yeah, looking at the looking at the app and it's like, oh yeah, they're still got hot. Because I'm trying to determine that we're in that sweet spot of like, do we have breakfast? Do we had some lunchtime stuff? Saw hotcakes on the manual?
Speaker 3: That could be interesting. I haven't had a hot cakes for a while from Macas. I don't think it was ever that huge a fan of it. That's just their name for pancakes, wasn't it. Yeah, yeah, I never really had them. I was always just muffin and it was it was a bacon. That's bacon egg, isn't it. You can get a bacon, sausage, m nothing, because it's not just egg. You wouldn't I'm thinking before I had before I went to my pork thing. But I used to bacon egg, big muffin and a couple of hash browns. Your poke thing? Yes, all right? M have I asked you. My next question to you, just ask me one one. Not'm sure.
Speaker 4: Bart has a list of nicknames. One of them is sergeant what list of nicknames?
Speaker 3: What is his list of nicknames?
Speaker 4: I think Dori has like a file on him.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't pay attention to that.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be hearing that a lot of this episode. I didn't pay attention to the sergeant spit wod.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I just when an episode is good, I'll pay attention. I lost interest so many times throughout this I was just like, how long at one? My final question, I'm just going to find one m What is the name of the place that Crusty goes to at the airport.
Speaker 4: It is a joke that made me go, oh boy, it's the Gaza strip club. The the rational slash funny side of my brain is going, it's not a bad joke. It's okay, word play the human the human being with the souls going.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, altho. It's just I was just reading notes here. Well, we'll get to it in the review, because as you're saying, it does paint it in a negative light. It's just like, while I go there, there's this there's that there's none of this when saying, yeah, let's go to Israel a war zone, take my family to a wars that like man, no desert with no casinos anyway, even saying all that's kind of like, I mean, he's not wrong, but also the way he's saying is going like ye was Kevin current Jewish was the right of this episode, even Jewish. Let's have a look Kevin Curran, not the cricketer the right. Wow, that's Kevin Karen. I'm gonna have it a guess and say yes. Harvard College. He was the editor of the Harvard Lampoon. You wrote for the lamp you wrote for the Late Night of David Letterman with Children Simpsons. Can you just hover over his he was nominated? Oh no, sorry, he won three em He's nominated for the war for greatst Story of a Date. What do you want me to do? Sorry? Over his partner's name? Where is that there? I thought he's met his righty partner? Sorry, Alan Fielding.
Speaker 4: His his partner was the creator of Bridger Joe.
Speaker 3: Yes, Holy moly, so Kevin.
Speaker 4: Clearly knows slab when it comes to the comedy.
Speaker 3: Literally, was the editor of the Harvard lam Boon. He was a Harvard man. I fortunately passed away due to complications of cancer from cancer twenty sixteens or ten years ago. Look rest in peace, Kevin. But holy moly, this episode. What other episodes has he written?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: The Island of Doctor Hibbitts segment, eh, spelling as fast as I can, my big fat geek wedding, don't fear the roofer. Didn't mind that one? That was the who was the Rammando? Yeah, sex pies the dar scrapes like. He's done some okay episodes, but man, this one what a stinkery. Kevin doesn't say anything but being jewey. She was born west die Boy Tillywood born Harvart, Connecticut. I don't know, maybe you feel like you get a Jewish writer. But we did touch on this with with Jay Koganoh he's like, no, you don't have to get a female writer to write a female character. So if you just if you know comedy, you know comedy. Hopefully he went to Jewish people and said, is this accurate?
Speaker 4: Here's the thing we know about the writers, I mean and writing credits. Yeah, I mean his name on this, but it's probably going to be a very collaborative effort, and I mean having a multi talent like Sasha Baron Cohen come on board as well. I imagine he's going to want to add his two cents and.
Speaker 3: It saves you a lot of time of writing when he can say, hey, just improv or his two shekels. Stone got to shout our time, starting with the incredible Katie g with her one hundred dollar support. Thank you so much Katie for being the neuro uno stonecutter here at Fourth Finger Discount. Also shout outs to the following stonecutters. We have Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Pruitt, Shannimacker, Elliot, j O'Neill, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean deVie, Pete Anderson, Timothy Burlson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental Planed, Flood, Bella winder Bank, Jack McFadden, Keith Appleby, Adric McLeod, Mark Trelevan, Ginger and Pickle Preston, Murray, tale, Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Shephard, Joe Reading, Sec, Dave Pretzels McNally, David Lang, Damie Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail b Sharp Carter, and Craig Alt smash Glossto. Thank you for being top tier supporters here at four Finger Discount, hopefully keeping the lights on for many years to come. Love each and every single one of these people, do, mister Davis.
Speaker 4: They are rad the Max.
Speaker 3: Yes, rad, haven't heard that word for a while. I'm ring back rad or radical? Radical? Is rad man just rechid, shouldn't it? So? This episode ovisinally aired March twenty eighth, twenty ten the top three films at US box office when his aired number three, Prince of Persia sounds of time. Never heard of it? Sec? Have you not heard of this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Well, based on a video game, Prince of Persia, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, starring Jake Jillenhall as the titular Prince of Persia.
Speaker 3: It's it's actually not bad. It's kind of fun. Okay.
Speaker 4: I think they were thinking it's going to be this massive sort of jonah yeah, okay, yeah, Jake got really buffed for it, Jack, Jake, Jake got jacked.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Number two was Sex and the City two. Oh yeah, and number one was a movie which is really bad, Shrek forever after. Yeah, look.
Speaker 4: Take it behind the curtain of folks. We may be talking about Shrek on the movie guard Marltlon Davis. Soon a lot of the Shrek movies post for Shreek. They a sort of fold into one.
Speaker 3: For me, Number two is good. Number two is good. That's where the Fairy Godmother's into it and introduced Puss in boots, Puss some boots and stuff. Number three and four. No one remembers three and four. It's one and because everyone remembers going to see Shrek two because I was so excited about the scene Shrek one. Yeah, so I think everyone has memories of going to the cinema to see Shrek two. No, and then you got Shrek the third and Shrek Forever after. Yes, And this is the one where it's Timberlaken and I think that's number three. This is the one that has like rubbel Stiltskin or whatever.
Speaker 4: And does he go back to being he gets he gets yassified.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so no one knows who years and stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he looks like a big buff yeah, big burly dude. He looks like Shrek, but not like not like an ogre.
Speaker 3: And the and Princess Fianna is like a warrior and she doesn't remember him, and it's just like, oh.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe they're going to make up for it with Shrek far I hope.
Speaker 3: So how I love that the guy went on Twitter and he's like, so, guys, this is what's gonna happen in Shrek five. And he's like, I can tell you what the story is going to be after seeing the trailer, and he does like this sixty second rundown and it's like Shrek is going to be delayed for another eighteen months. He just basically just broke down a story I've seen that I have not seen, Like, okay, I've just watched a Strek trailer. This is how the movie is going to go to a t And it was like, within like a couple of weeks, like Shrek has been delayed.
Speaker 4: My boys at read Letter met It did much the same thing with with Solo when it was a nance, It's like they're gonna do this and they're gonna do that, and look, I think that was obvious to a lot of peoples like oh well, I mean they talked a lot of about the obvious. Beach was like, well, he's going to meet Lando and all this kind of stuff, but they did sort of nails like, yeah, this is how he's this is how he's going to meet Lando, and this is how their relationship is going to go.
Speaker 3: It's like, you actually know a lot of it. Yeah, but sometimes predictable is okay? Oh yeah, absolutely. I usually it means it makes the most sense.
Speaker 4: That's the sweet spot. We've talked about this when we've on the movie. I think when we talked about Projetail Mary. You want something that's the same, same but different or you know, different but familiar. It's like, oh, this is hitting a lot of the same beats, but yeah, the notes are slightly different. Well, you know, I feel in safe hands, but also was expecting that.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, you know where it's going to end up, but it's the journey to get there. Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like something Shrek would say or maybe Donkey. By the way, Prince of Persia and Sex and the City two both have sort of deserts in them, not unlike yeah, great story of a note. I won't say it's an example of unified theory or full finger discount, but you could make the case.
Speaker 3: So Sex and the City have any jokes except not really.
Speaker 4: No. I think Samantha probably won't to have a bunch of sexy Charlot's probably uptight about something. Miranda will say something. You know, Miranda will tell it like it is, and I don't know, carry.
Speaker 3: On with shoes. Sex and City is one of those shows that were so big and then just disappear, disappear. Well again, they they tried to do that revival show without Samantha, and everyone's like, yeah, we watched it for the Samantha sex pretty much.
Speaker 4: I mean well and it was called and just like that, wasn't it. Yeah, And I think it went for something like three season really okay, well on two or three some people must have been watching it. Yeah, but I think a lot of people hate watching it, Okay because I don't want to sound all terribly conservative, but it sort of got too woke for its own good. There was a character that everybody hated. Okay, but yeah, if you know, you know so.
Speaker 3: As I was saying. March twenty eighth, twenty ten. This episode written by Kevin Caarrnis, mentioned and directed by Mike Frank Poulsino. Cashgig is a repeat of the cash Gig from in the name of the grandfather. Which one was that I don't remember? Is the dog show or the dog show? That's right, Yeah, that sort of starts off on a bad note as well. It's just like I don't budge, just cash gag.
Speaker 4: I know. And also no board gag, no blackboard name. They do have Ralph flying through the air sort of holding onto.
Speaker 3: A cut kite. It was, Yeah, they repeat those ones a lot. Can we get showed, Bobin Sometimes we've got the rough with the kite we have it's wicked witch. Yeah. So Flanners is hosting Bible study at his house for some reason. Jimbo's there just so they can have the joke here where he says. We're stuck in the middle of Mathew twenty three. He says, as a youth he computer words, I think every couple of sentences, I'm out of here, and he yells out scarpe, and I'm like, talk about a data reference.
Speaker 4: Holy well, speaking of data references. I mean we can skip ahead just a little bit. But Homer is, yeah, being a jerk and Netflix one, yeah, and interrupting the interrupting the Bible.
Speaker 3: We'll just get this best. What happens? Yees you almost about to leave, and he says Skype, scop skype and makes him stay. Then Homer interrupts by doing a new slip and slide. I mean, who among us? Well as if you're not going to did you have a slip and slide when you were a kid once or twice? One of the highlights of someone's when dad would pull out the slip and slide? Yeah, and then it would break it and you have to go get a new or from kmart. Correct, yes, but then I actually, actually this could have been one of my favorite moments. So Hammer slides into the pool at the end and he yells at hey, it floats. You know when you're a kid and you first realize, oh, it floats in the order at the winner. Yes, indeed. Then Flanners gets out the emergency leaf and he goes out and he says to Homer, you're the most infuriating.
Speaker 4: Netflix DVD burglarizing.
Speaker 3: He said, DVD. Just think there's Netflix burglaring. Both thought it said Netflix DVD burglar DVDD Okay, yeah, okay, which.
Speaker 4: Is you know, many of our listeners may not be aware that before it was a streaming service, Netflix would just delivered DVDs to your home.
Speaker 3: I still remember when I first saw those booths popping up, and I was like, as if you're going to get it from here to the video shop? Yeah, And all of a sudden, video show wasn't there anymore? Where do we got movies from now? And when they asked the weather was coming back, said they didn't known. Also, barbecue not turning off in person? Correct, and then an our falls onto barbecue and gets killed. Insiderated yes, and he thinks he's not able to be fixed, you know, and Reverend says you should be up for the challenge. Then we get the grass bit with the random dance outside, which isn't funny, isn't logical, It doesn't make any sense why the kids are doing it with him? What the hell is going on?
Speaker 4: Prior to all that, however, Well, first of all, two things about Homer's slip and sliding doing it naked? Yeah, But then we see that he's got underpants on. When did that happen?
Speaker 3: Oh, he put clothes on, and he wouldn't do that, would he? Yeah? Was he doing it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was he doing it naked? Try and find logical, you'd just go crazy. Okay.
Speaker 4: Secondly, it's clearly he is doing it naked later on because he does a slide This is yeah, constructed as a gag. It was like, it's got a it's got an audio component, and it's got a visual component. Something about Homer Simpson. I send a butt coming, Homer slips by, Who comes the butt?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what I've written here. You know this is my particular bug bear. It's like, I know we're all doing well. We doing second screens in twenty ten, probably not.
Speaker 3: M kids would have had their Yeah, not nice of these stacks are now?
Speaker 4: How scared of you that people are going to be looking away from the screen for that particular moment and not get the gag. Just like I sense a butt coming, have Homer slide by with his butt sticking out. It's fine, you don't have to hear who comes the butt? It makes me disrespect.
Speaker 3: You, Yeah me personally, it makes that show I'm talking to you show. It made me. I'm not man, I'm just disappointed. Would that joke that set up work if Homer just went past? Do you think I think so?
Speaker 4: I sense a butt coming?
Speaker 3: Wh Yeah, okay, and just move on to the next one. Yeah, yeah, if you us put a button on and have you know little side eyes like did you see that? Yeah, yeah, something like that. But we've touched on this before though, where it was at the aquarium and Marge's running through photos and she's saying what she's looking at? Yeah, and it was similar, And I think we're at a point where maybe there is that fear that people aren't watching, but I don't think. I don't know. Twenty ten, do everyone have the phone? I guess they did. Yeah, but even just it wasn't a thing. Now it's known as second second screen second screen syndrome, yeah, as opposed to Jerusalem syndrome, where at that time I don't think it was a thing yet. I don't think that were we doing it. I don't think so. No, Okay, not to the except we are now anyway. No, but yeah, you're right. It was just so dumb down. But he's doing his random dance with the grass rips off the grass and why I don't know, I don't know. And then he Planners goes there and invites them to be guests to the Holy Zone, and Homer says, oh, I'll take my kids to a war zone and desert with no casino is a place of no pork. Then Margin's randomly agrees and says, we insist on paying our own way. Why why it's the most half asked reason to get them to Jerusalem.
Speaker 4: Ever, Yeah, there's a lot of stuff in here that could be cut down by a number of seconds to a number of minutes, and you could use those minutes to sort of like give Marge some motivation as to why she would want to take the family to the Holy.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, look wants to fix Homer. So why the family going?
Speaker 2: Why what?
Speaker 3: Marge's like, we're you gonna drop it was maybe even in this episode, I didn't see it at all. Maybe she was just there but never acknowledged. I don't remember seeing her. I recall it either. But the thing is, though, have Homer go there and have maybe Flanders like maybe live out something to having go let's go there and it gets and he's like, oh, all the good stuff or whatever, but like it's just him going, yeah, yeah, I'm going to come, Bud, just like you know what, let's go to Let's take the family, let's pay our way go to Jerusalem. That'll fix your Homer maybe.
Speaker 4: And this could introduce a bit of storytelling complexity into it. Have ned sort of stretched the truth or tell some very little white lies about what might attract Homer to Jerusale.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm trying to get at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's like, well, I's got this, this, this, and this.
Speaker 3: What Really I didn't know that you could have even just said hotel has a breakfast buffet.
Speaker 4: Sold something stupid like that. And actually that's a great gag. You have him say it's got this. It's got all the stuff you've read about in the Bible or heard about through you know, Bible stories or whatever from the greatest story ever told, or you know, but it's also got this, this, and this. There's a lot to love about modern Jerusalem. I was like, no, no, I don't know. I think I'd rather go to you know, one of the like in the hotel it's got breakfast And cut to them on a plane. Yes, cut to the man a plane.
Speaker 3: We faxed that it's not hard.
Speaker 4: Kevin Gouren is looking down for him. We go, well down my sounds.
Speaker 3: We need to build a time machine, go back and fix these episodes. Maybe that's the speck episode.
Speaker 4: We could write of The Simpsons. Is people watching it in twenty twenty something building a time machine and going back to the nineteen nineties and like bum rutching.
Speaker 3: The Simpsons writers rooms, like, we could do this instead. That can be like a back to the future tres of Horror segment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah, do it like a hot tub time machine deal.
Speaker 3: How great? But then even still, she says, put on pants, and then this is like the man he hates pants. I'm like, there's not a line for Lisa. No, there's a Bart line, not a Lisa line. What would Lisa say? No, No, Hugh. Anyway, they arrive, I didn't mind a plane riding over the glass as they arrive. Then Homer says, I am that the like Kazan as good as American pancakes. That's why they're holding him hostage at the airport, tied up with guns, and eventually says they are or something with apples. He's like, a, I don't.
Speaker 4: Thin I've ever said this in the six years I've been off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just you said a few times. I thought it, but he shouldn't say it. Then Crusty's just randomly there too, because we have to fit the Jewish character in there. He says he's here to sort of, you know, you just want to end up in house. He's going there to sort of beg forgiveness and whatnot, and then he finds out that there is no hell, so he goes to the Gaza strip club. I think that's the end of Crusty, But I think we may see him once. I think we just see him in the back notes or whatever. Anyway, and they show the various stores Bagel Boy instead of Lard Ladd with the Whaling Ward, I think that's the hotel they're staying at, the Whaling Whaling Waldorf Whaling wardof Yeah. Then there's a violin playing, and it turns out it's the gutter cleaner just playing a violin. I think it's the Fiddler on the roof because it's actually the guy who's cleaning the outhers. You had to be cleaning the guthers. Then the tour guide thinks he sounds like Hugh Grant, because so does that then play the fact that he's British. I think so, yeah, And he's got a bit of a British twang to his accent. He doesn't, he doesn't. He's playing out the full blowing accent. I don't know. My name is Jacob.
Speaker 6: You may notice I speak the English with a slight accent.
Speaker 7: This is because, as you probably guessed, I used to live in London, and that is why I sound like you grant. Come on, let's go. We got a lot of holy sides to say. Yalla, we finish early. We go to jewelry, strong by my cousin. No talk is true, great prices, You got to haggle advice.
Speaker 3: They don't respect you. Come on, let's go. Do you have any safety tips?
Speaker 6: What are you're talking about? Israeli is the safest country in the world. The only danger is the iteration drink water, don't die. It looks bad on me. Come out, shut your face, let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's says here.
Speaker 7: Brochure, brochure?
Speaker 3: Who you brochure?
Speaker 6: The same schmoke a new testament.
Speaker 3: I can't talk to you.
Speaker 7: You talk to my niece to read, talk to the stupids.
Speaker 3: Just keep it going and going. And I was like, when are we getting to the fireworks fattery? Fireworks factory? Being the joke, I think the joke was meant to be the way he said stuff.
Speaker 4: This guy's talking fast, embodying a lot of stereotypes being very pushy. Yeah, the tool guide from hell.
Speaker 3: He mentions the old city and fantasy exciting. That's where BC turned into a C And Homo says, we've got plenty of ad, sorry ad. And Homer wants the breakfast buffet, so I put it to a vote and Flanders loses, even the reverend's big fan of the breakfast buffet. Now they're at King David's tomb.
Speaker 6: Everybody please shut her face. Here we go, this sacred spot on Mounsey On is King David's tomb? Also will your Jesus who was a native born Israeli by the way, sand the circumcise, perfect English accent, the whole deal. This is where he had his last supper before they took him away.
Speaker 3: And haven't him up on that course? Hey, you you're not part of the group. Not listening? What is is it?
Speaker 7: Reels free country man.
Speaker 3: Avallet No.
Speaker 7: That I think it, But okay, that's it because of him, no Armenian quota, forget it, it's gone.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks to mister listen for free. So is he just saying actual profanities in Hebrews? No idea. It goes on and on and on and on and just no payoff. It's just yeah, terrible flanners and praise for Homer, and by doing so, he's interfering with bart trying to break the record for the longest Is it the handstand hands? But walking on your hand handstand? Is there is there a term for that? I wrote handstand walk. I think that's all it is, walking on your hands? Maybe yeah? He Homan then says he's American tourist. He's here to see the sites. Try the goofy food and bread. Shekels with Carolyn the Carolina Panthers credit card. Don't get me started. Why Carolina Panthers? About the Carolina Panthers, Well, since wonder.
Speaker 4: When you say keep going? And they joked about it twice. But even then that's too too many. But I have no idea Homer again, all due respect to our man Kevin Curran. Maybe they're his team, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Who knows. Then he says he'll turn off his camera. This is the point where I went. This is actually the point where I said I'm done. So he says, to have a turn off your camera. Harmas says, I'll only do it if you say it in a Dracula voice. So then he does he goes Blair and then that's going straight to stupid Flanders dot Org. I was like, this is the lamest script. So bad, so bad, Sorry, it's so so bad. Homer then agrees to pray, but he's already got But but then as they're praying, you hear that blah yeah, and then and it's like stop playing what I just recorded? Was like, no, it's my ring tone. I'm like, how how is it his ring tone? Now we're in the same ten seconds? What nothing, no time to transpire it.
Speaker 4: It's a shame. It's a shame o. Cameras are not on. You need to see Dando's hands when he's doing this. It's remarkable. They're just moving around. It's a independent of his independent of his body. But can you explain the logit there? Though I cannot. I can I immediately.
Speaker 3: Start praying and then what fan has just recorded as then yeah, do we have the technology now? But it wasn't filming on the camera. He was taking photos, wasn't he No, he's filming but no, he had a hand came ye. But then somehow it's gone from that video camera to Homer's phone as a ring tone.
Speaker 4: I don't think Wi Fi was that blue at that sta bluetooth or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't think you do it now.
Speaker 4: Still, I don't think you can. If one was to be very generous, you could say, Okay, this is just playing on the traditional Homer and Ned odd couple dynamic. They rub each other the wrong way, or at least Homer rubs Ned the wrong way. But yeah, he's just it's executed poorly.
Speaker 3: But it's just the logic of how has no one in the writer's room gone? But how is it his ring tone yet? And why was that? Even sounds funny? Because he gets right because he orders food, doesn't he somebod he does?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he gets ordered like a delivery to the to the tomb.
Speaker 3: Yeah she cares. We're now at the whaling Wall, and this is where we see Krusty again and he's asking for the fix of the parking tickets.
Speaker 4: Yes, now, under normal circumstances, I'll be writing these downs like trivia question times like NA checked out.
Speaker 3: And I am checked out.
Speaker 4: But then and Bart's being a jerk off at the whaling Wall.
Speaker 3: And he's reading all the wishes and the prayers and he's like not happening, not happening. Not happening then, but Homos is, what are you doing is I'm reading all everybody's prayers and I'm doing what God does, reading prayers and ignoring them.
Speaker 4: So Edgy sticking that religion.
Speaker 3: Then he finds home and mocks him, and then apparently Bart's wish was to give Dad another heart attack. Sure, but then skates off and the tour guys sash just out spite him, like the first child of Egypt, and then he says, dead baby, dead baby, pass over, dead baby. Well think that's you.
Speaker 4: Know, King Herod getting all the firstborn boys executed.
Speaker 3: We heard that story. I don't really want to if that's the hand of it.
Speaker 4: It's pretty nasty.
Speaker 3: King Herod. If he wanted to make sure he was still.
Speaker 4: There he heard there was like, yeah, oh shit, this is how And he was like, well, there's a new little baby Messiah boy out there. Kill all the firstborn, kill all the baby boys.
Speaker 3: And yeah, apparently the ones that that's where.
Speaker 4: Passover comes from. Apparently okay, and which is delightful. Yeah, this episode apparently aired on Passover.
Speaker 3: Okay. But then Dorich chases after him and then she beats him up and they have a little yeah, they have like when was this twenty ten?
Speaker 4: This even this feels out of time because I mean there was everything that post Matrix thing where everyone was sort of doing like current vites, you know, and it was zoomed up and bullet timed and all that.
Speaker 3: Charlie the Charlie Angels movies were really big on that. They were we're talking about The og Ones with Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymore. Speaking of Cameron Diaz, guess what film the kids wanted to watch again yesterday? Was it The Mask? What's The Mask? Of course that movie is off its head, mate, absolutely off its head. It goes from like this random scene till all of a sudden he gets arrested and then his daddy with police officers in the street and shit, and I'm like, and the kids are just in awe. I'm like, what the hell is going on? Pretty well, but it's the perfect script for Jim Carrey. Oh absolutely yeah, and.
Speaker 4: This is just post I think it's his first thing after ace Ventura.
Speaker 3: But I mean.
Speaker 4: They were all the same year. Yeah, but I mean.
Speaker 3: It was pretty that's a crazy for pretty big year. Yeah, But I mean I don't think they knew ace Ventura was going to hit as big as it did.
Speaker 4: They just realized, oh, we got lightning on a bottle with carry here.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well, they didn't want it originally and the director was like, oh was the right of director? I think the director was like, no, I want this guy. He is perfect. Yeah. I think The Mask was the first film he filmed, wasn't it, because it talks about in the documentary how he saw him on in living color and he's like, that's the guy we want.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, maybe, yeah, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure that ace Ventura was released first, then The Mask, then Dumb and Dumber. Everyone was like, holy shit.
Speaker 3: This guy. I don't think anyone's going to have a year like that again. Can you recall any other year where someone's had three movies like that? No, it was similar acting stars, but three completely different movies. Oh sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, good year nine ninety four four Jim Carrey. But this was a good time for bart. He gets beaten up and apparently her being the tour guys security. Is her doing a military service?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So is she a child? I don't know.
Speaker 4: She a little person, not a little person, but you know, I think I was a teenager. Maybe maybe, I don't know. He's like Bart's age.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now at the Church of Holy Seprucer, I think for the Church of Holy Soprica, and he tells them all to throw their lemon ice. I guess that's a food people like to have, or a tasty treat people. I don't think so, yeah, just frozen lemonade.
Speaker 4: I think there's an incredibly popular Israeli movie called Lemon Popsicle, which then popsicle, yes, which is basically a teen sex comedy, very raunchy comedies used to be raunchy, oh yeah, but apparently like one of the most popular Israeli moviees they've ever made.
Speaker 3: And I think they made a whole series of them, like their American Pie kind of yeah, yeah, of American Pie. It's lemon popsicle correct, Yes, what does he do with the lemon popsicle? She do with it? Oh?
Speaker 4: In all, I've only ever seen clips of it.
Speaker 3: The good bit. It's a whole there's.
Speaker 4: A whole thing I could go into, but we don't have time.
Speaker 3: Guys been going on Google lemon popsicle sex scenes, screwing up my old rhythm. But Flanners thanks Jesus for the for the challenge of God, the challenge of Homer Simpson off for the challenge of trying to fix home. Okay, yeah, then Homers asleep on the tomb. I'll watched his visual. I was like, oh, go. Then then Homa's asleep there and he confuses Jesus with porky pig, and then Flanners just loses it and he says, I'm going to delete all the photos because you've been here all this time, take photos of funny soda pops. Then he deletes them, and Homer says, that's your camera. So Flanners smashes the camera and gets banned from the church forever. I must have been.
Speaker 4: That's one moment. It was kind of like, this is a potentially very powerful moment. I mean, not an all time or anything like that, but I mean it's like Ned has come to this land, means a great deal to him, clearly, and he's been true. He's been cast out.
Speaker 3: Essentially.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, that's that kind of suck. You know, it's a good story. But he does no back reference to it.
Speaker 3: No, not really, He's just apparently banned for life.
Speaker 1: Now do you know why I'm a Christian.
Speaker 2: Your parents made you.
Speaker 1: It's because I believe every soul has the possibility of salvation. At least I thought so till now, Homer Simpson, you are not worth saving?
Speaker 2: What but I said, we'd be neighbors in heaven. Goofing and all the new dead people.
Speaker 1: Not worth saving?
Speaker 3: And he thinks he's run up into the desert. So he finds a sandhorse the car of the desert and goes to look for Flanders on a camel in the desert. And then Flanders is actually going to get some lukewarm water from the tea shop, and now he's gone. He says, it's the sandstorm. So he goes to watch a movie which was called the Reformers Reformers, which is just the Jewish version of Transformers correct yes, which were big at the time.
Speaker 4: They cannot transform the on the Sabbath side. They just power down and read the Torah.
Speaker 3: Homer falls off the camel and then he has sand and his shoes. Annoyed by this, then the camel bales, and then time has elapsed and he is now singing a song about being horny and thirsty, and he does it.
Speaker 4: He is doing this to the tune of the theme of Lawrence of Arabia.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yes, Then he finds the dead sea and it's too salty, so he adds salt. What's even that logic? Is even too done for home? Yes? Too salty? Maybe some salt will fix this? What what? What are we doing? What are we doing here? Then the vegetables come down, the vegetables known as well.
Speaker 4: These are the characters from a veggie tails yeah movie or just veggietails.
Speaker 3: I don't know too much about vegetails now. It started nineteen ninety three according to the wiki page, and the characters are Bob the Tomato and Larry the Q comeback. And there was a third one here, wasn't there? Yeah? Anyway, but they've they've mentioned these guys on The Simpsons before. But I'm pretty sure they were like Claymation. It was because the planners were watching on TV and we had those the Raisins as well, California.
Speaker 4: Well they were they were always. Yeah, I was selling ship, this was selling selling Christianity to the kids.
Speaker 3: It was indeed, yes, Piogle Carroc Tomatoes what maybe it must have been a character as well, but Lisa was going to marry possibly, Yeah, but Homany now bluees he's been chosen. He's a chosen one. My agdress's him and now Hma thinks, yeah, I am the Messiah. I don't know this.
Speaker 4: This joke sort of requires a bit of knowledge of veggie tails, and I was aware of it, but yeah, not sort of a nut. But as we always know, there's nothing funnier than a joke you have to explain.
Speaker 3: Except you've got on a teminent rant about them explaining a joke.
Speaker 4: Well, career, become a patron. But I imagine there's got a slade in the writer's room, as like Homer has a vision in the desert with that prompts him to become the Messiah. What's the vision veggietails.
Speaker 3: It's like you.
Speaker 4: Gotta go, eh, yeah, God it works.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know, but we're back at the hotel and he says, look upon me and shudder, and he said, we already do that, And Hibbitt says he is suffering from Jerusalem syndrome. At Leasta explains it. It's a name given to religious delusions or psychoses that occur when people visit Jerusalem. And then they realize that Homer has bailed. He's jumped out the window and he's still sitting to the side of the building. Apparently because Lista suggests they go to the DMO with the rock, Hober jumps into a carful of pre owned How he pronounce his word, yummickers, yummachers. Okay, little caps. Yes. Then the too guy goes on another rant and talk about genocide. You guys don't know what it's like if you haven't lived through a genocide. And you'd be angry too if you live through a genocide. And ah, and that's the end of him. Yeah, this goes on another big rant. Yeah, very rant Field episode, this one home that is now inside, and he says he's got a new faith.
Speaker 5: No one, you shall be called Chris mu juice because when you get down to it.
Speaker 2: Are not religions the same. They tell you what to eat, when to prey.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's imperfect clay that we call man can mold itself to resemble the divine, but we can never attain that ultimate grace. While there is hatred in our hearts for each other.
Speaker 4: I did it.
Speaker 6: I reached team.
Speaker 5: Celebrate your commonality. Some of us don't eat pork. Some of us don't eat jellyfish.
Speaker 2: All of us love chicken.
Speaker 3: You can see in a soup, you can boil it.
Speaker 2: Spread the word peace and chicken.
Speaker 3: And then Agnes interrupts and says, no, he's not the Messiah. I'm the Messiah. And now Doctorhibbitt thinks that he's the Messiah. And then it cuts to them on the plane home and the kids are fighting for a seat, and Lisa now knows the what was the Jewish or the Israeli mma? What's it called? Sorry krav maga. Yes, she beats up Bart for his seat. Homer says, the plan is that you finally go through to me, and he offers to buy him a twelve dollars turkey sandwich. I think and at Greg Norman patter and it ends with him saying I think you can get a better deal from a mall at home, and and Homer says, there's mauls on land and that's the end. I just I'm baffling. Twenty two minutes of The Simpsons. Yes, it was the end of my tolerance for this episode. Yeah, no good. What do we learn, Bomber? What did I learn in this episode? What did I learn? I know? If I learned anything? In this episode.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you what I've just learned from typing Jerusalem Syndrome into Google. It's a unique cluster of religiously themed mental phenomena and acute psychotic episodes triggered by a visit to the Holy City of Jerusalem. It's a real thing. Apparently it has three subtypes. Would you like to know about them?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: Type one pre existing illness, You've already got a severe psychiatric disorder before you arrive in Jerusalem, and usually travel to the city to fulfill a specific divine or delusional missing. Type two is you may not have a full blown psychosis, but you do have extreme obsessive fixations or personality disorders. And type three the quote unquote pure form tourists with entirely healthy psychological backgrounds, no prior history of mental illness. A show of in the Holy City. The overwhelming atmosphere of the place is believed to trigger the Suthern psychosis. So it's LEGiT's well, I don't know if it's legit, but it is something that happens.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I guess that's somewhat of a logical out. Yeah, But the problem is they ended with Homer saying you've got through to me. Now, I'm no, we know that that's not true. It's not true. Yeah, just I don't know. Stop trying.
Speaker 4: You cannot throw that hal Mary passed at the end and try to save the home and Ned relationship or give them Homer or Ned any form of redemption. It's not deserved, it's not earned.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: By the way, though, one of the symptoms of Jerusalem syndrome is apparently that you don't makeshift white gowns often torn from hotel bed sheets to signify purity and holiness.
Speaker 3: So they got that bit right. They did good for them. How's that I learned that there's nothing funnier then that is actually pretty fud. I love the recular's catchphrases. From this day forward, your names will be It is time for the Guy Davis new Nan Championship for the greatest story ever Dold. The current leader board stands at this In first position, we have Philip J. Hawkins on twenty two points, In second position we have Clever Kyle and Nathan Briggs on eleven points each, and in third position we have Mike Salter on nine Take it away?
Speaker 4: So, oh, can anyone beat Philip J.
Speaker 3: At the stage.
Speaker 4: Let's find out by the way, we can give this episode a new name, but wouldn't be right just to be a whole new episode. One point goes to Home of the Heretic two this time it's Biblical that is Hughsy Brian Hughes and he I don't know why he use his first points for the season.
Speaker 3: Possibly not too sure. I'm looking through the leader can't see his name, but anyway, what on Brian Hughes, You're in the game now, Hughsy? Yes.
Speaker 4: Two points goes to do Vne intervention.
Speaker 3: Nol Vaughn intervention. That is Briggsy Briggsy with the two pointers there, Well on Briggs, you're getting closer now to Philip J. Hughsy Briggsy and one who could be next is now on thirteen points.
Speaker 4: Three points goes to Holier than.
Speaker 3: Thee cover Kyle with the three points even he's getting closer to Philip J. Horden. What's your bag, Philip, it's pucker in a bit now on Philip J. We got the puck up, but Philip J. Hawgens still in first position though on twenty two points now outright second clever Kyle on fourteen and outright third, we have Nathan Briggs on thirteen points. Okay, then it's still a race, Yeah it is. There's still you know, five six episodes left of the season, if not more. Yeah, see how we go, see how we go in, see how we do. But thank you guys for getting involved with the Guy Davis new Nan Championship for season twenty one. Remember when we be part of it. You've just got to be a supporter of ours on Patreon. Find the post one guy posted in there in the Patreon No, the Facebook exclusive Patreon group. Correct, and an inn comment there. All right, this has been our review of the greatest story ever Dold. The next season twenty one episode we shall be reviewing is American History excellent? But for now it is a Davis and you findal words for those incredible listeners out there. There goes the butt