Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services Insure your most prized possession as.
Speaker 2: Good afternoon, everybody. Welcome to you. I on the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. In with me today is Dave Silver. We got our guy. What that your name? Kobe? Kobe? Yes, I was looking at you like I haven't seen you in forever, Kobe like the log Glatt Sun. Yeah. Are you doing, Kobe doing good? Missed you recently? Yep, Hey, welcome to Tuesday Show. I think we have a pretty good show today. We have Tyler Loop maybe a draft choice here in a couple of three days, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: Good chances kickers don't often get no but he's gotta be one of the top kickers available.
Speaker 2: So yeah. They raved about him over the weekend with the strongest lade they've ever seen. YadA YadA, Good kid, that's what you know, Good kid, you can tell right away. Yeah, from Texas area, Lucas. Have you heard Lucas, Texas?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Is it a suburb of the cities? I've lived in Dallas. I don't remember. We'll ask him about that Lukenbach, but not Lucas. Welcome Dave and then at the fourth seventeen hour. Tucson is going to have another big event here in the fall and maybe a continuing event, a big marathon from Garmin, g A, R M I N. So they're going to host something in November, just a week before l Tour. So we'll talk about that from one of the spokespeople who just released it. They're going to have it here. They've been working on it for a while. Is he going to run? He looks like a runner. It looks like a runner.
Speaker 3: He looks like it's coming like in November, right before you said it, right before El Tour. We've got a few marathon and I only have the Ducson Marathon that usually hits maybe in December, so this would be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, Tucson is becoming, it's become already for a while, one of those cycling meccas and one of the running it's a triathlete mecca too where they killed the train.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know in my my post just work days now that I get to kind of go out on hikes and walks and stuff like that, I see a lot of people out and about, and like a lot of mountain bikers that I never really knew existed in Tucson, but you know, the mountain biking community is pretty large here. I got to get out of their way half the time when I'm walking.
Speaker 2: It's kind of dant. Yeah, he left. So is this the best shape you've ever been in? Probably because you're you didn't have time to do the other stuff, right, Yeah, I mean now I can get up and you know, go go for a walk. If I feel like you don't get up and see God, I don't want to do this now.
Speaker 3: I kind of look forward to it, you know, put on the ear whatever they call them, the ear pods, and listen to something and just go out and kind of keep to myself. When the weather's like this, it's so nice to be able to do it. I'm just not going to do it yet.
Speaker 2: You must do it early in the morning, because not like this, like even today is eighty eight or ninety and it's hot. Now.
Speaker 3: We got started this morning, like at seven thirty. We're done by ten.
Speaker 2: So two things would deter me. I'd have to get up in the morning. It's seven thirty earlier or earlier, right, and then to get up and do this. That's right two well.
Speaker 3: As opposed to getting up at you know, nine, sitting around for yes, for five hours, then coming in here and doing this.
Speaker 2: That's called heaven, baby, Heaven. I have a couple other days I can do that. Oh, good for you.
Speaker 3: It is cool. It's good that we have. I mean, I'm sure it's going to bring in a lot of people. Marathons are usually huge crowds, so a lot of you know, families come and whether it's you know, a great time to come here for if you're traveling from the Midwest.
Speaker 2: Especially, So those are the two people will have hon as guests. You can call us any time five two, zero, four, one, six, seventy four forty. It will take your calls. We had Chrissy Perham on for yesterday for the show and talking about today's game just starting the game here at mission at the hillim ran against New Mexico State for the like, she donated a kidney kidney I think, yeah, and they're kind of making a weare awareness awareness day. Is she here? Double yeah? Yeah, crazy Chrissy is here, So who knows what two is going to be.
Speaker 3: Like, she's great, Yeah, she was one of the first Olympics I can remember working with and was it ninety two? And she came back with some metals and you know, she worked at baseball I think or whatever, maybe the Toros side still the Toros then, which is an interesting kind of switch from swimming to baseball. But you know, she was good, great personality, good in the community.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, Yeah, she's she's She's exactly what what we all kind of hope to be in terms of we're in the hospitality business or life business. You got to be a people person. You just have to be. You can can help me? Is that all you want me to fight? You know what I'm saying today, I don't know if I'm just an editorial here. If you go buy something in a fast food or whatever, the service is not as great as it used to be, right, I don't want to be here? What do you want? There's five dollars? You know what I'm saying. You do recognize the good ones? Oh yeah, it's kind of like.
Speaker 3: Wow, they were really nice, so they really were helpful, or that that server was terrific, or you know, whenever it went to the fast food spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, they're quick, quick, we're fat, and he didn't forget anything in the bag. I gotta circle back and get the kitchen. Yeah, that happens to be all the time. Usually that we.
Speaker 3: Were someplace the other day where they gave our order to somebody else, which was kind of kind of annoying one like, wait a second, that was the stars, wasn't it. I had to go for the table and ask them, Oh, oh really, we switch things out.
Speaker 2: That's what was that place. I'm not gonna but it could be a sponsor, Uh, a sponsor or. They never will be Vick D's nod. It's funny because I went to making about two months ago. In fact, Henry was with me order something took ten minutes to have to wait out at you park in the front, blah blah blah, ten minutes, and hey had forgotten I was out there, so I went in and it took him still a little time to go get it, and I was I was p really post get the receipt. I'm gonna call the people look online. Couldn't get online to file a complaint that I made a call and the line was full. The line was full, I couldn't so there's no way to leave a complaint because it's full, or you couldn't get online to make a complaint. I've never done that before because I was so I had to get here. I had to get here because Henry was with me, and I'm thinking I'm gonna be late, but I also need my stuff that I paid for already, So dilemma.
Speaker 3: And yeah, who came up with that idea of the drive through and then you have to wait? That's that's something that kind of has evolved in the last like ten years.
Speaker 2: It seems like I used to get that. They used to be quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, can you just move up a couple of spots and we'll bring it out to you.
Speaker 2: There's already somebody at the front. You're like the third car. Yeah yeah, okay, So that's just our important stuff, right right, So you watched the games last night. Unlet's see, so before we move on to anything, they didn't coming up. Just based softball today, baseball, baseball tomorrow, baseball tomorrow, right, a lot of things going on. Well, we'll wait for you to release some stuff from the football team. People's people coming and going.
Speaker 3: Some good basketball last night though, Yeah, the next game and the Nuggets game, both home teams losing. So sometimes they say these series don't even start until the team loses. That happened pretty quickly in that series, those series, right, but you know, Knicks, that was you know, they came all the way back and tie things up and then they I think Detroit scored like the last six points maybe I think it was ninety four ninety four.
Speaker 2: They stopped him, and Detroit's pretty good.
Speaker 3: I hate to say it, you know, I think that's the most I've watched the Detroit Pistons in probably thirty.
Speaker 2: Years, well probably for sure since two. I think that was the first victory since two thousand and eight. In the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I know they made the playoffs a few I made the finals, but I mean, I you know, I go back to the bad boys in all those years where the Pistons were always on. But Bill Beer, I couldn't tell you more than other than Kate Cunningham and yeah, that was it.
Speaker 2: True Trader's Rader. Yeah. Yeah, he's been on three teams already this year. Yeah, but he was good. He hit a huge shot. It was funny because he hit that shot on taking didn't want him to shoot, and then he hits it. Yeah, because he's not a very good shooter. Cunning him is good. I never really had, you know. I mean I have ohos State one year, maybe player of the year. I think, yeah, yeah, I didn't realize he'd be that good. But he is that good. It's good to see.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, the Cleveland's and the detroit and some of these teams that have not been good for a long time kind of you know, moving in into those positions a kind of like basically just behind Boston whoever.
Speaker 2: You know, Boston is a team to beat. Still, I think the team in the West is going to win it all. Teams going to Foklahoma City. I mean, I guess they're good. But again, how much have we really seen them? Yeah, well not much has anybody. I'm sure you don't watch the NBA in the regular season, not that much. I don't know many people who do. I don't know a lot of their games were even on. I mean maybe they were. You watched him every time you turn around. It's you know, you have time to study, do you study? Yeah, that's a good question. So you watch them. You watched the NBA. Yeah, I watched the MBA Thunder. I was not a believer in them, but they looked very good in Game one. They beat Memphis by fifteen. Oh yeah, that was a horrible, horrible game. Yeah yeah, So who do you have winning at all?
Speaker 5: I like Denver coming out of the West before that game last night.
Speaker 2: I still like that. I still I still do. I know Clippers played out of their mind and Kawhi did too, but but I like them too. Well.
Speaker 5: I like Denver and Boston right now, but a lot and change Denver and Clippers is gonna be a great series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll go seven, I think. Yeah, well, I'm still playing for the old your team, i'n't. They don't play till tomorrow. A nice break. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So tonight we've got Indiana at home against Milwaukee that's starting in about an hour, and then Memphis OKC again, the Lakers coming off that brutal performance I think.
Speaker 2: Killed tonight because they know they have to. They just have they cannot lose.
Speaker 5: I know Damian Lillard's back for Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so we'll see what happens with that. Uh So that's the NBA, or talk for the NBA, and that's about as much as we'll talk about. I think one of the things about this show that people like, at least locally, is that were local, you know. And we talked about the X guys, you know, Kerr and Lucas at Cleveland, reel Meyer and.
Speaker 3: Somebody math roins with Indiana. Well they got two guys on the Pacers. Yeah, two guys and the pictures.
Speaker 2: But I was talking coaching real Meyer, remember Himah, where's he coaching? He said, Orlando? Really? Yeah, so they have a few coaches out there. What's Joseph doing Joseph Blair? Yeah, the league? Yeah. Yeah. In fact, I talked to him last week. He's gonna be on this week, you know, being official. What questions are you going to ask me? Yeah? So I said, could you just come on? He said, well, just give me some preview questions. Yeah, he just they finished. He didn't. They made the playoffs for the Rio Grand Vipers. Uh, but they were eliminated very early. Does he get elevated to the Rockets that? I don't think that. I don't know, but I don't think so. Okay, so you know, but he's he's a pretty good coach. In fact, about six seven years ago, uh Brosi Matt Brosie, who was with Houston at the time, and he was with the Vipers at the time. JB. I said that JB has this knack of knowing what to say, what to do. Yeah, he was always that dude though, you know, he was always that dude that you know, he's like very white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he you know, he was not afraid to voice and I'm sure that some of the people other coaches don't do that, right, so he was probably pretty effective at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He's about fifty ish now, fifty, so you know, he's not a young kid anymore. But he's done a lot for the community and himself over the years. His mom passed to what maybe a handful of years ago. Yeah, Judith, who didn't know Judith?
Speaker 3: Right, everybody knew Judith Iran And you would run into Judith like at restaurants and stuff, sitting by herself and go over and say hello.
Speaker 2: She was everywhere she was. Ay, good lady, yep, good lady. Okay again, if you guys want to call five two four one, six, seventy four forty looking forward to talking to Tyler loop Uh and his career, how how he loved it here and he turned into this guy, right, this guy with a foot's got a bomb for a leg. He's good.
Speaker 3: I would think the NFL, you know, if you want a good kicker, you know, if you're looking for, you know, rookie kickers, he's going to have to.
Speaker 2: Be one of the people. Well, Arizona's kind of been two or three. It's not you know, point guard you or kicker you. But McLoughlin back in our day, yeah, back in the late eighties and nineties whatever it was, I made the Ring of Bonner. And then you have Nick Folk who's like older than you and me out there still out there amazing. Yeah. Yeah. And then the kid, uh Josh Miller, who was a punter ye, who was fantastic during our late eighties when I covered him. And then the kid uh just not too long ago, with a k I forget his name. He kicked the crap out of it and he kicked bombs too. I think he ended up with the rams. He went all over the place. But somebody will kind of text me, but he was a kicker too. So throughout the career of Arizona, they've had a lot of good kickers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody kind of waiting on the t MAC draft pick too. So I mean I'm hearing even more top ten, are you because I heard him like five or six?
Speaker 2: How recent is that today? Oh? Really, because I heard I don't know who it was, anywhere between five and twenty two.
Speaker 3: No, I think he's going to be at the in New York, in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: So what do you hear you hearing?
Speaker 5: I hear a bunch of stuff like here, top five, I hear top twenty. It really depends on the source. The source. Yeah, he's gonna be a wild card, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah. To me, David and I said this a lot before the season started, that I thought he would be the all time best football player here at Ubay. It was hard to That doesn't fly now because the team wasn't that good, right, But hadn't have didn't have they been good? I think that would have happened better than Ricky Hanley. Yeah. Yeah, he was pretty dominant. Yeah, he was a great player. But had had then been able to go to him a lot and maybe the Noah had a better season, Yeah, they would have gone to him a lot more. He would have had unbelievable steps. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean he's we saw him, you know, for a good couple of years. Doing what he could do. So yeah, it was pretty obvious that he was pretty talented and tall and at all the all the intangibles things that the NFL teams like, like the kid of.
Speaker 2: It too is you know, who's where, does who's drafting? What do they need? I mean some teams just don't need him yet. But right it's like the kids from USC while back London, just that big body, athletic and just go throw it up and you'll go get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Arizona. It's gonna be hard to replace something like that. Yeah, well, it's a rare talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and too he had a great compliment of people around him two years ago, last two seasons ago where he can go other places. Then then he could do his magic. Yeah. You know it's like me, I'm here and you help me make my magic. Dave, you complete me on a Tuesday, glad, I have something to do with the success of the show that We're gonna take a break here and get ahold of the Tyler on the side.
Speaker 6: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars in ponus bots just entered this nationwide keyword on our website. Bank Bank that's than enter it now, Foxsports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Ready to discover your soul, your wildside, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 2: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 7: Discover with Soul Casino del Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 2: Are you ready enterprise so fascoa Yuki Try.
Speaker 8: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Frowsy aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style, and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Depot. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorotle Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Given we'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 9: Spring is in the air and the school year is coming to a close. Time to order your academic and spring sports awards for your student athlete. Creative Awards with fifty two years as your top awards and promotional product supplier.
Speaker 2: Give them an award they can be proud of.
Speaker 9: They have trophies, plaques, acrylics, art class fine crystal, metal, name badges, stock and custom awards. Come visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Rackman Street, across the street from Pmacolla Downtown Campus, or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com at.
Speaker 2: Nova Home Loans.
Speaker 10: We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer, or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six today n MLS three oh eight seven, arizon A b K Ninez two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, got to commitment to Lindrix syncredit rates and available loan programs or subject to change with nut notice.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 11: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in.
Speaker 12: Sports cards and trading card games. From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at showtimecards dot com or visit them on EA Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere tru showtime cards for their passion.
Speaker 9: Richard Bacall Law Office, defending Arizonans for over thirty years and a wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard Bacall five two oh seven to four to Zho twelve thirteen, Broud sponsor of Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 13: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. Ess can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents. Serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Why is mining so important?
Speaker 14: It's the foundation of everything that defines the society. Everything you see is a product of mine, no matter when, no matter how, no matter why. Every society own this planet has developed, grown and modernized based solely on the interrules a process that's whinelining is so.
Speaker 2: Important gobm dot com.
Speaker 8: The Window Depot wants to help bring your dream kitchen to life. As a family owned and operated business, we pride ourselves on offering the best prices, the biggest inventory, and exceptional customer service you won't find at the big box stores. From premium cabinets to stunning courts and granite countertops, faucets, hardware and sinks, our designers are here to guide homeowners every step of the way, all under one roof. Find a location near you or shop online at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a Windows store.
Speaker 6: Breaking down all the xs at ohs. This is I on the ball with Steve Rivera on Box sportsporteen fifty.
Speaker 2: JO Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. You're Dave Silver. We got Kobe with us. Do we have him on the line? Tyler? Is this you? Tyler? Are you there? Tyler? Oh? He hasn't picked up. Okay, I'll have him call us. Okay, cool, So we're waiting for Tyler. Good year a great year recording. Yeah, okay, Oops, we'll get ahold of him. Call us.
Speaker 3: He's got a busy week ahead of him. Yeah, he's probably waiting for more important phone calls.
Speaker 2: Well, he was in a meeting, he was gonna be on the show yesterday, but then he got called into one of his what we're gonna do this week meetings and this could have happened again. But we'll see, we'll see what happens. Give me some background on him, real quick, Dave background.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, cause didn't you just super good barely missed a kick, missed like two extra points in his entire u of a career, he was like twenty three of twenty five this last year. The year before he was fifty three fifty three. The year before that he was thirty eight for thirty eight. So he's pretty accurate from the extra point standpoint. He's got a super super strong leg. Yeah, alsow the you know the touchbacks it, you know, kicked off fifty six times last year and like fifty three of them were touched backs.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well he was don't even get to his ball. Yeah, he was a secret not a secret weaponed, but you know what I mean, where he could they weren't going to run the ball back, right, and that everyone knew that was a secret but that's a heck of a defense. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's going to be interesting too as he transitions over to the pro game, where the kickoffs have really, you know, changed, changed the way the game goes, and how he's going to play that. So I'm sure teams are going to want him to be, you know, maybe a little bit shorter on the kicks, doesn't have to blast him into the end zone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But those three pointers, baby, yeah, he needs to make those. Yeah. And distance, obviously he's got distance. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So kicked a sixty two yarder which was about as long as it comes from the from Arizona standpoint, so school record sixty three yarder. Made eighty three percent of his field goals. So, you know, the scouts know of him, and I know he went. He was at the combine, I'm pretty sure, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't remember if he went or not, but I know he's been busy. I saw him over the weekend at the showcase thing and then asked him if you could come on, and he said, yeah, I just got to figure about time. Now. Who we are you were still waiting? Right? Yeah, Okay, we'll see. I just texted him again, so we'll see. What happens, hope to get him. So there's a lot of people t mac a couple of the other guys on the line, I think trying to get drafted this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were talking to I got some friends who are big Packers fans and so they're excited about was it justin Morgan from last year he got picked in the first round and got hurt and never really had a chance to play, so, you know, out of Morana High School and kind of not very heralded coming out of high school, winds up having an All American career. Now he's going to have a chance. So a year ago he was he was waiting for that phone call. So now he's hopefully have a chance again this fall to play for the Packers where the draft is being held, by the way, So that's gonna it's gonna be kind of a fun set up at Lambeau to see people showing up to a town that's really only a one hundred thousand people. But the NFL is putting these drafts in cities that are that will never get a Super Bowl, right like a Chicago, like Cleveland, places that you know they have the terrible weather in the in the winter time like a Green Bay obviously, so this is a great chance for them to you know, be in the be on TV and you know, everybody kind of knows lambeau Field, but usually we don't see it in April.
Speaker 2: So he's a buddy of yours in town. Oh okay, Yeah, I was just thinking if they had tickets over there or whatever he does, so everyone has tickets or trying to be right, Yeah, as long as you have a ticket.
Speaker 3: He's had season tickets. He's a guy you know from Tucson who's from Wisconsin. Yeah, he goes like maybe three or four times a year, and he'll turn it into you know, maybe a you know a month, maybe I'll hit two games, you know over a month or something like that.
Speaker 2: What do you call those anti snowbirds if they're going up there in the snow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got really good seats. So I think he's got seats like indoors, you know, in the sweet sweet Oh yeah, he doesn't care. Yeah, no, he get into the car. Could I couldn't imagine going to games like that or Buffalo, you know when they have the snow games. I in December and the fans are snowing their own seat or doing their own seat.
Speaker 2: I mean I grew up.
Speaker 3: I had a few years in Buffalo actually when I was really young, and we went to a few games like that.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 3: I remember bringing like a thermos of hot chocolate and pouring something into a cup and it was like cold before I even took a sip. It was that cold house sitting there. How old it was like ten? So was that the OJ Simpson time? It was right before OJ believe it or not. So, I mean, if you want to hear my license, like right, no, yeah, Super Bowl one or what wasn't even called Super whatever was Chiefs Packers. I went to the game Buffalo Kansas City. The winner of that game wound up going to that first goal. So it was here Buffalo one sixty seven. It oh, you were just you were like tents, like yeah, barely. I was eight nine, But.
Speaker 2: You remember that. You remember going freezing with my dad.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we got tickets, you know, sitting there in the snow those years, in those years, you know, nowadays you see all these like people up there with shovels and snowblowers trying to get snow out of the seats and those days you just sat there.
Speaker 2: And you just kind of moved the snow over. Man, you just sat there and it's freezing boots and stuff. No where else did you live that was cold? Boston too cold? Yeah, likes me. I grew up in Santa Fits in the mountains. Oh no, I don't want to do that yet. Don't you get cold there? Oh yeah, yeah, but that's why I don't live there anymore. Until I was nineteen twenty years old. Well, you know, outside of going to college. But yeah, it cold, and.
Speaker 3: You wonder about you know, guys that you know live like like like Tyler Loop lives in Texas. You know, nice Weather comes Arizona. Nice Weather gets drafted by you know, Pittsburgh. Yeah, how does that feel for a kicker, especially when you're getting paid lots of money? You can get a nice place where you can have people do that for you. Yeah, but true. But you're all of a sudden you're playing games in Cleveland. You know it is December, where like the kicker needs to make this the balls like a rock.
Speaker 2: That's when you said I wish I would have been an engineer. Yeah, just the one game which I could own the team and not have to play well. I was still trying to reach for him. Maybe he'll get us in the next half hour or so, hopefully we'll see anything else.
Speaker 3: You know, they're talking about him being maybe a six round pick, which you know, yeah, I don't think it doesn't matter, no picked. You know, all of a sudden, you're there and you're in training camp and there's like five other kickers, and maybe the incumbent is there, he's getting old, and you know, someone breaks breaks.
Speaker 2: Through sure, and then kickers are not a how can I say, Uh, they're the most cirical whatever mystery issue a player on the field, right because they got one job, one job, and if you miss your job, you find you know you missed your job.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you have a bad couple of games in a row, you're pretty much cut unless you were you know the guy from Baltimore, you know Jason Justin Tucker, which.
Speaker 2: Was from Denver, who's the Denver guy, Who's the guy that talked a lot of old Kansas City Oh yeah, Kansas City guy. But but yeah, yeah, so you know, and there's some good ones. There's some good ones out there, like you don't know them until they mess the exactly like what happened how they lose that game?
Speaker 3: The kicker you know us and usually not always, but usually it's something pretty lengthy. Yeah, you know, and they're not going to miss inside, say forty, but when they get past there, you know, you never know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially like you say, in the cold weather and stuff. Remember when they're going through those boinks like the Chicago Chicago Kicker. Yeah, and it was just not just it was like allergic people were all doing a lot of kickers are doing it.
Speaker 3: It happens, you know, the wind blows, especially in the place like Chicago and Buffalo. They're always joking about the the Jets, the Jets and Giant stadiums got some weird airflow going through the open the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody opened the wind open the doors. Okay, we'll see if he calls in the next half hour or so because we go to break and then we'll maybe try to get him then. Uh and what else? Anybody you got anything there?
Speaker 5: Senor Loopa's honorable mention All Big Twelve Conference. Yeah, he had just one of those great seasons here. He was probably the one of the bright spots of the team for the season, right and then he kind of faltered.
Speaker 2: He missed two. He missed two extra points. Yeah, too extra and then what was career? What was his field goal? Didn't miss too many? I have to look it up.
Speaker 5: He was eighteen for twenty three from the field goal, six for nine to fifty yard plus and his long was sixty two.
Speaker 2: Year old school record, I think. But the funny thing about you know, like when you saw Selene play, right, we saw Slolen play and he if he would miss a free throw or he missed one of those shots, you're thinking, how'd that happen? You know what I'm saying. He made up so much that you're thinking, what the hell just happens? Like when Steph you know, yeah, same thing. Some of these guys are shooting like ninety percent from there throw yeah, yeah, and then they missed one or two and then they missed a free throw. He shooting nine ers, ninety two percent whatever, just and then he goes out and hit a forty five butter. Oh that's normal. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You see that shot he made the other day where he was like leaning, he was like falling out of bounds.
Speaker 2: He hit three of those. I think, Yeah, that one was great, the one from the Metro Mobile logo at the top and then kind of just one's falling down and he's just Fantastic's great to watch to watch it. Yeah, that's why I think I told somebody yesterday, I said, Draymond, when you get the ball, don't shoot it, just give it the stamp. He does. They're good.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's Draymond drives me crazy, but he's still a great passer. He does make weird and the team has always kind of been a little bit too fancy sometimes and I'm sure drives Steve Kerr nuts, but they do like to make the fancy play and you know, kind of lazy over the shoulder passes and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: One of the things that Stepp does too, besides the bombs, is that he has that floater to the basket, the floater off the rim, or off the backboard or off you know, just the glass where he just throws it up to high tear drop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what a lot of players try to do. That you could tell since he kind of perfected it, you see a lot of the younger guys trying to do it and come into the league don't have nearly the shooting percentage we're waxing.
Speaker 2: Put it by the NBA. Holy crap, Holy crap. We'll have to keep an eye on the softball score too as we move forward later in this this show and hoping that we will go to break and he can come back on the show. I'll give him a one more chance. We're gonna go about four more minutes before we take a break, and maybe he'll come on the other side of the football's playing too, right, That's that's who's playing at three. That's what the kidney they transplant. It was no score in the second okay against New Mexico State. The state, Yeah yeah, and then that's this is the final. This is the non non conference game, and then they would go to the playoffs in their playoffs because they had their last home game over the weekend. Texas. Yeah, tomorrow, I'm gonna have the coats struggs for Rita. Talking more about the those caravans are doing. They're doing one tonight at La Monica, and they're win a couple more in the next couple of days, maybe the Monica tonight. I want to go five to seven. No, I can't. I have an obligation tonight. I like the Monica. I've never been. I've never been. And they do a lot of a lot of sports things. They do a lot of stuff with the Bowl game. There's a bowl with the WBC, the World Baseball. Yeah, I was just did you go there for that WBC because you were one I was one of the PA guys from a minute or two. Yeah, it's fun. Did you the announcing or did you go to the dinner thing? No? No, no, not at that level. They didn't. I saw your mug on the on the on the TV last night, first time it's been on TV for a while. Yeah, Channel nine. Go to Facebook. Oh yeah you posted on YouTube? You post?
Speaker 3: So yeah, they came. We get together as a group on how are we doing on time?
Speaker 2: Kind of yea.
Speaker 3: So we get together as a group of people on Friday mornings and there's a I'm the younger one on the whole group. Basically there's maybe one person a little bit younger and that was very noticeable, and so they did a story about us. Most of them are long time broadcasters or were broadcasters a long time ago, I should say, advertisers, sales mostly the sales guys, a couple on air people, and when they did a story on us, just how we get together on Friday mornings and talk about the old days, and I just kind of sit there. In a lot of cases, I listened because I mean, my old days only go back like forty years and their old days ago.
Speaker 2: But what do they say about the business.
Speaker 3: Just talk about how innocent it was in those years, like you know, yeah, you could sell a commercial spot for twenty five cents, and you know, they just talk about one of the guys started his own record label, you know, and had you know, they're doing that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: It's just like out of the house. So so as I was watching Dave, they did they mix old clips in because some of them, the dudes were, were younger right than they are now.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it, but I guess on k Gun's fiftieth anniversary, which was too thousand and six, they did a story on them.
Speaker 2: Because I was told that was part of it. I wasn't at that.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going in those years, but it was a story that they incorporated into the story that they.
Speaker 2: Aired last night. That makes sense.
Speaker 3: So a lot of the people who are there in two thousand and six are still here with us now. A few of them are not, but so it was kind of neat to see them. Like Jack Parris, who son Pat is the anchor on kay Gun now who did the story last night. Jack hired me, so it was great to see him again and some of the some of the others.
Speaker 2: I saw Larry Larry Nebling. I worked with his daughter at the MDA lisabout twelve years ago. Yeah. Yeah, and he was kind of iconic, you know, didn't he do like some shows that were well Larry did the MDA telethon. Yeah, okay, that's what years on kay Gun with Jack Jacobson, who many people might remember is like doctor Scar. Yeah, I saw that face. It was like a scary show or something like that. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: You know, they would do the TV. They would do Sunday afternoon movies and he would play some character. Oh okay, you know like Elvira saw ray Deppa. Ray Deppa was in there. Yeah. Yeah, so that was like six I didn't even I didn't know how they're going to put the story together, So it was kind of neat to see that history. But again, the folks that we get together on Friday mornings, Yeah, the stories are terrific and you know, it's always.
Speaker 2: Remember this, remember that you remember this. I'm sure some of them are repetitive, but you know, it's good there.
Speaker 3: Everyone's still pretty sharp, and it's amazing that they can they can remember. Yeah, you know the number one hit song in nineteen sixty two they remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm sure you do from eighty two, right you probably so? Do they ask you that?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 2: I'm sure that some of them listened to the show. Oh yeah, they know. I mean they're to do this. Yeah, yeah, so some of them. So you should be paying me, Dave, not the other I'm giving you listeners. What are you talking about it? Hey, now it's not our first fight. I like it. No, I saw it. It was good. It was like a two. It was a long story to the little story.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Pat does these things called absolutely Arizona. So they're kind of stories that are unique to this date and it goes all over the place and does you know, really nice little feature stories. And I was just kind of flattered that he even want to do something like this because but again he knows from his history and his dad and he's been around k Gun you know, for a long time himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no, the stations here have this long history those they were what now, seventy years kb O A, so having about seventy I think they just celebrated seventy and obviously yeah k GUN will be it next year. Seventy yeah, seventy Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The nineteen fifty six I think is when they went on with the kV O A and k O L D, which I think was not called that when they first went on, but it was always cool because you had cool and Phoenix, k O L O O L and then ko LD here cool kind of neat back when the markets were not separated by size as much as they were they are now.
Speaker 2: It's a major TV market up there now, right, Okay, let's take a break here of try to track him down on the other side this reading. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now, take a look back at the Ludolsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Lout, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from LUT is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com. Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 15: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 16: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve.
Speaker 5: Arizona Health Lead Ledge and Exercise Equipment on twenty second.
Speaker 9: This quest of will not what's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial laid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot edu slash someday, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmond Markets All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nine North Campbell or call him at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 15: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 16: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health, the leading.
Speaker 5: Edge and exercise equipment on twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 17: Craving, Tucson's Best Burger, the Fourth Avenue Legend is back. Lindy's on Fourth is celebrating twenty years, and Lindy himself is back behind the grill. We've got new mouthwatering burgers and great daily drink specials. Don't miss our upcoming twentieth anniversary, summer Bash and year end celebration. So come down to Lindy's on Fourth or order online at l fourth dot com. Lindy and Tucson's Best Burger are waiting.
Speaker 2: At Pyramid Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 18: We believe less is more. Let's peace means more money in your pocket, Let's hassle means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids Lessons More Philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the Two Suns Spectrum Pyramid Federal Credit Union, where Less is More federally insured by NCUA, an equal Opportunity lender.
Speaker 6: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app just search I on the Ball.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to my the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. In with me today is Dave Silver now on the phone, has promised Tyler Loup Tyler, how are you doing? Doing good?
Speaker 4: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: We're doing fine? Thank you. Does this kid from Lucas, Texas become this fantastic kicker here at the collegiate level? Oh? Man?
Speaker 4: Uh, how does a That is a long story. I'll give you the cliff so uh.
Speaker 2: Doug Faft, Oh yes.
Speaker 4: If that name rings a bell. Doug Faft kicked in.
Speaker 15: Arizona eighty nine eighty eight, kind of the late eighties, early nineties.
Speaker 2: Well, small world.
Speaker 4: His son and I went to high school together.
Speaker 15: Yes, And I was at a special Olympics event and I was out there kicking a soccer ball around over over the fields and this guy comes up and he's like, hey, first of all, quit that you're gonna hurt some about your Second of all, you need to.
Speaker 4: Try kicking field goals.
Speaker 15: And so that guy was Doug Faft, and he uh talked to my dad and they brought me out on a field and He just taught me the basics of kicking and.
Speaker 4: Fell in love with it, and then, uh, you know, started started taking it really seriously.
Speaker 15: Got a good coach, and uh you know, really really started pursuing it as something I could do in college and maybe professionally. And you know, he gets done playing around the golf with at the time, the Especial Games coordinator here, Jeremy Springer, and he's like, hey, knucklehead, you need to you need to call this guy.
Speaker 4: He used trying trying to reach.
Speaker 2: Out to you.
Speaker 15: And so I got his number and reached out to him and rest his history.
Speaker 4: I became a wildcat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very awesome, very cool. Let me tell you this is how old Dave and I are. Dave used to be a TV guy here and I used to be a sports columbist at the newspaper and we covered Doug and his claim to fame. You may already know this. He'd beat Oklahoma back in eighty.
Speaker 4: Nine, right right, right right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the game it was like a six to three last second field goal.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine in those years? That was it? That was when Arizona's defense was an unbelief, right right, So you must have been a heck of a soccer player because I know I used to live in Dallas before it came here, and and there's soccer is huge in Dallas.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, that was my that was my thing growing up.
Speaker 15: I loved it, and uh you know, I thought that's what I was going to do professionally and and and just pursue that. But man, I fell in love with kicking, and it's just been I think you've been been my favorite thing since.
Speaker 2: I think you made the pretty good choice. Do you still have have have a coach?
Speaker 3: A kicking coach, you know outside of the u of a did you did you still do that like in the summer with with that kind of stuff?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, No, anytime I'm home, I'll go I'll go train with my coach. That's been the been the same guy since my freshman year.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of unique.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess some of some of the other positions maybe have that, but in football especially, it seems like guys have almost like a swing coach in golf, you know, you just.
Speaker 2: Have an exact way who can help you. Did you when you first got here, when did you kind of realize already hit you that Okay, I can do this, and I'm pretty good at it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 15: Oh, well, I've kind of not. Like my dad and I joke about this. My dad jokes with me on this. He's like, dude, I knew since you were a little kid that you kind of had a little bit of a special swing.
Speaker 4: Just being out on the soccer field.
Speaker 15: But I'd say, I'd say it became real for me that I was going to be, you know, competitive in one of the dudes fighting for an NFL spot my freshman sophomore year. You know, just just really finding my groove and getting stronger and falling in love with the game and everything. I'd say that was kind of the all right, hey, this is this is this is legit.
Speaker 3: So they always talk about the mental game, especially as for kickers. I mean, you've never really had any kind of a dip in your performance, at least according to the statistics. Do you feel you've been pretty consistent, you know, through these last what basically four or five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I've been.
Speaker 4: I've been super fortunate.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: One of the big things that.
Speaker 15: I've been lucky to have here at Arizona not only good good mental like support from the university in terms of metal performance and sports performance.
Speaker 4: But I've had an awesome church and.
Speaker 15: Sorry, this little roadnized that had an awesome church and friends and some really some really close people around here to just kind of support me and help me bear through some some tough things out here. And I mean it's really really helped me on the field kind of stay consistent.
Speaker 2: So it's been cool. And Arizona has had some pretty good were you just talking about this waiting for your call? Some pretty good history of of kickers. H McLoughlin. When we covered with Steve back in the day, had the kid who kicked it? You gave me the name earlier half for six people you were with Lucas right, yep, I wash. The dug Faft was just a consistent, a very consistent kicker. Uh. There's been a few that have come through here and you're now the newest.
Speaker 3: Version, right, Yeah, tell us about tell us about that? Yeah, Like, what about what's going through your mind this week? Is you know you've wrapped up your u of a time and are you in town? Are you just gonna kind of wait for phone calls on Thursday or Friday or Saturday?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've been I've been in Tucson for the past couple of months of training. I'm gonna head back home with my fiance. We're going to Dallas to be with my family and rehabl old draft party waiting for a call on Saturday. But it's been pretty cool, just kind of thinking back to like, you know, there's there's not many many people they get to do this.
Speaker 4: And kind of go through this process and it's really special.
Speaker 15: So it's just kind of cool to be out of school with a history of good specials like Nick Folk and Doug Fast, Steve McLoughlin's.
Speaker 4: And de Haas.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and have her sick and just kind of be kind of being that club of kickers that have gone through Arizona.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's really exciting you. Uh, the coaches over the weekend, we're talking about your leg. Obviously hit the sixty two yarder and they said, if they really wanted to, possibly you can hit a seventy yarder because you've done it a number of times. How strong is that link?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, we we practiced that a little bit.
Speaker 15: We we had some seventy yard field goals that we practiced towards the end of the season, just kind of talking about hey, like if this, if this opportunity rise, like, let's take a crack at it. And so we we had that conversation. There's there's been some times where just my apper holder and I we've we've gone back to seventy five seventy seven yards with with a little bit of a breeze and and toyed around with that.
Speaker 4: So it's, uh, it's it's fun every once in.
Speaker 15: A while, but you know, you gotta you gotta make the important kicks, right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: If you get drafted by and then you're drafted by Denver, you know, maybe you'll have that chance in the right What what's the uh this pre draft uh situation been for you? I mean, what kind of feedback have you gotten from some.
Speaker 2: Of the teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's been. It's been really exciting.
Speaker 15: The combine was a blast as far as hearing from teams and just from my agent.
Speaker 4: You know, it's.
Speaker 15: Feel feel strongly that I've put myself in a in a good position to you know, to be to be one of those guys in the class that people like, hey.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, this this guy can this guy can come play at this level.
Speaker 15: And you know that's that's kind of the mentality we're holding going into it, you know, hoping to get drafted.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't always happen with Kickers, and if.
Speaker 15: It doesn't, we'll, you know, we'll roll as a undrafted free agent, go get signed, and go compete for a job and just go from there. You know, Chuck Chuck Cecil.
Speaker 4: Chuck Cecil gave me some really good advice and he's like, hey, I've you know, I've been been around it, been been on NFL teams, I've seen it. Like do you You've you've.
Speaker 2: Got the ability to be there.
Speaker 14: They're not.
Speaker 4: They're not thirty two that are better than you.
Speaker 15: And you know, you just gotta gotta stick with it and keep your head down and keep working at it, and you know, an opportunity presents itself, just go for it.
Speaker 2: Were already talking about, Yeah, we're already talking about you going somewhere where it is cold. You've lived in Dallas where it's not that cold. Live here now is not that cold? New England, Green Bay?
Speaker 15: Yikes, No, No, I mean I'm you know, kicking is kicking. Uh, you know That's something I've been working on this offseason. Is Hey, when it's windy and it's crappy weather.
Speaker 4: Let's you know, let's make that our day that we again.
Speaker 15: Let's go practice those conditions and let's go, let's go find that out. You know, I played and played in Pullman when it was you know, ten degrees and raining and snowing and foggy and twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 15: You know, I had a game at Utah where it was twenty degrees and raining and crappy weather. So I've played in those games, and you know, it's just one of those things where you can you can always rely back on your process and your training and everything you've done up to that point.
Speaker 2: Oh fantastic, Well, congratulations on all the success. Hopefully it goes well for this draft and you'll be called, or even even if you're not called, you find a spot because you know you're a specialty guy, right yep.
Speaker 4: So okay, it'll be fun, it'll be exciting.
Speaker 2: Great, great to have you on the show. Thanks so much, Thanks so much for your time. Yes, good luck to you. Yes, it was Tyler Loup from the U of A Kicker Department was a fantastic kicker. In fact, are we good to go? Can we go or we have a minute or so, okay, good, thank you, let's go.