Speaker 1: Callaroga Shark Media.
Speaker 2: Johnny Mack, Yesterday, you promised us you were gonna lead off with a Tom Sagora story. This Tom Sagora story better be good. You talked about it a lot yesterday. Hello, I am Johnny Mack with your daily comedy news. In case you missed it. I held back a story because I wanted to tape today and yesterday back to back, and it helps me to have an A level comedian story in the A bloc. So let me tell you that Tom Sagora is apparently going to make a lot of fun of Garth Brooks on his new TV series Bad Thoughts, coming to Netflix. In each of the six episodes of Bad Thoughts, Sagora is said to portray a dark character in quote unthinkable situations and fantasies. One such character, Garth Brooks, is a global country music superstar who kidnaps his own fans. Sorry, the lawyers want to say, totally not Garth Brooks. This character is not Garth Brooks. I misspoke there, you miss on derstood me. It's definitely not Garth Brooks. One such character is a global country music superstar who kidnaps his own fans and forces them into depressing situations to help inspire him to write new songs. If you see the picture of who Tom Sagori is dressed up as I could see where, you might think it's Garth Brooks, but it's definitely not. Now if you're not hip to this, so Goora has been goofing on Garth for years. You may occasionally see the internet comment where are the bodies Grth? This goes back to Tom Sigora and Christina p They've been joking about this since twenty eighteen. In twenty eighteen, Garth Brooks was previewing a big stadium tour, Sigora and Christina made fun of Garth Brooks for his everyman stick and always being awkward on social media. Then, on the November twenty eighth, twenty eighteen episode of Your Mom's House, episode four seventy six, if you want to go here it yourself, Sigora first alluded that he jokingly thought that maybe Garth Brooks was a serial killer. Sigura, way back then jokes, what he's thinking about is all the bodies he's got stacked in his craze in his yard. For sure, He's probably killed two hundred to three hundred people in his life. Sigora once told Theo Vaughn that Brooks is well aware of Segura and the impact he's had on his social media presence. He noted that the joke originally stemmed from the conspiracy theory that missing person cases would often align with many of Gorth Brooks's tours. Rolling Stone profile Tom Sigora back in twenty twenty three, and Sigura then said, I woulds like to point out that these are alleged accusations and that some very savvy detectives online have managed to point out the dots between these people have gone missing and his tour dates. I know there's an FBI task force investigating this, that's been confirmed, and I know he has a lot of land, so that would be such an arduous endeavor if they're trying to find anything on his property. But I do think it's right of him or his camp to at least address this. The fact that they don't address this has been a huge mistake and it's just gonna grow from there. The legal department here a Daily Comedy News wants us to remind you that this is all joke and parody, and of course Garth Brooks is not a serial killer. That's absurd. This is all just you know it was doing a bit speaking of Sgora today is the two Bears actually three bears five K in Florida, Bert Kreischer, Tom Sigora and Jelly Roll. All participants not only get the opportunity to party with the Bears, but will also receive a finisher medal, a beer and a shirt. And they add unless your Bert, we already know he won't wear his so faques, can I walk? Is there a time cut off? There is no official course cutoff, but participants should be aware that there may be road closures to accommodate the event that may reopen at a later date. So before I get into this next thing, I shared in the Facebook group the other day which is Daily Comedy News podcast group. Please feel encouraged to join us there. I did share a video of Jimmy Fallon doing Jim Morrison from the Doors the Doors performing the reading Rainbow songs from a few years back. Fallon is super talented. I mean everything about that bit. They captured the music of the Doors, They captured the way that Jim Morrison would start screaming as courses got repeated, and it's a pretty good vocal impression of jim Morrison. I've met Jimmy twice found them to be cool. So I have good things to say about Jimmy Fallon, But this next thing a little cheesy, no pun. Jimmy is becoming a brand partner and investor in tortilla chips and salsa brand so Chill. Now. I'm glad so Chill told me how to pronounce so chill because I would have never gotten this right. Let's spell so Chill together. Are you ready? X? You didn't expect me to say X did you know? X O c h I t L. You can't even remember that, so it's so Chill again x O c H I t L. And I guess if you have a wacky brand name, you hire Jimmy Fallon, who explains it's like so Chill or so Chill Media, so Chill Network, so Chill distortion. It gets easier the more you practice it. I agree with that, Jimmy Fallon, So that's my first job, and then once I get that out there, they'll probably give me other assignments. On this slow news day, we are told so Chill is America's largest independent tortilla chip brand. I'm trying to make a show here, folks, but it is still lesser known than your grocery staples on their tortilla chip shelf. As full national distribution, it's looking to Jimmy Fallon for mainstream boost. Hey, you got super cool podcast influencers in their basement talking about so Chill chips. I mean this is working. Matt Leeds is the chairman and says, as a brand looking to emphasize warmth, authenticity and shared experiences, Jimmy Fallon's funny, approachable and family friendly persona aligns well with us and our brand strategy. That's right. Fallon says, I've been offered my own whiskey, my own tequila, and all that stuff. I just don't want to be out there boozing it up with the golf course selling bottles of stuff. Yeah, you might look super uncool, like Sayin did last summer. I want to do that, Falan said, what am I doing? I don't know anything about that, but this tortilla chips I can get behind. It's on brand for me, and I have no problem selling this and standing behind it. Falon said. The dude from so Chio called me up and I said, wait, I actually know what you're talking about. I had no clue how it's pronounced. He kind of gave me a rundown of where the business is, and I thought this sounded like a fun opportunity. I love business stories, I love marketing stuff, and I'd love to help see something grow and become giant. Financial details of the deal we're not disclosed, but Falan said this has the chance an opportunity to really grow. When a brand is already massive, then I'm just doing a commercial or something. It's paid gig. It's all good. You do the commercial and you hope it's funny. But with this, I'm a partner and an investor, so if it works out, I might actually see some dividends. I've got skin in the game. How much do you get paid hose to Tonight Show, let's say fail and salary. Ay I says Jimmy is paid sixteen million dollars a year, which a different site breaks down he makes eighty two, nine hundred and one dollars and fifty five cents per episode of the Tonight Show. Not bad, but that doesn't mean you can't also invest in chips. I get it. Jimmy says, one of my jobs at the Tonight Show is to always be selling everyone else's stuff, which is great. I love it. It's my favorite jobs and now I'm like, why not do it for myself? And I agree Jimmy and I think the important here. Let's recap what we've covered on the show today. So far, we've covered that Garth Brooks is definitely not a serial killer and Jimmy Fallon is selling tortilla chips. But if you check your watch, I somehow killed off half an episode with not much to talk about, so all things are good here. Let's see what's happening down in Australia at the Sydney Comedy Festival, which has been going on. I haven't talked about it much yet because things were a little busy for a bit. And also in past years they've posted a lot of clips of the people performing and this year not so many. But I took a minute to put together the show and I found three. Let's start with Cam Knight. Cam is performing on May seventh. Cam's show is called Unbothered, Moist Eyed, Happy, in My Lane, Focused flourishing, the description of camp shows. We're all doing our best to get everything turning in the right direction, usually around New Year's but it's momentary. We might get halfway through a self help book like Atomic Habits. I think we've clocked it. We may even pay a lot of money to a Balinese bomb reader for some guidance, because it seemed to work for Julia Roberts. A few things have happened to us, and I plan on talking about them and my usually hilarious self deprecating fashion being one of those people who says everything's fine, or this too shall pass. Let's take a listen. The Adelaide Advertiser gave it five stars out of five, and I have made some edits here for f bombs. We try not to do f bombs here on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Hello, how's this for serendipity? On this day twelve months ago, I completely snapped my achilles tendon. Yum. Oh. Most normal people who rupture their achilles do so taking part in high impact sport, you know, like sprints or squash perhaps for the adventurous little bit of park all. I did mine jogging towards a trampoline. I didn't even get on the sweet tramp like I did it on Launch. I was at a playground with my eleven year old nephew. I heard it go crack. I thought the little trip meet right, And there is nothing more emasculating than crumpling to the ground in front of your eleven year old nephew screaming, get your mom. It's I couldn't. I couldn't run around with my kids for months, right, And so everyone, all my friends and family members ended up buying my kids heaps of toys to overcompversate. How's that I'm the one injured? They get the gifts right, It's so spoiled. How's this? My eldest last Christmas? He was given three kites, three of them? Like nobody needs that much Kaytrie in their life, do they? Plus I've only got two kids. There's a kite spare do the math? Look who's go to get involved in the show? I don't really like you know what caught flying is vagan fishing TI.
Speaker 2: So that's gam knight. He's good. Let's take a listen to Ben Hunter, who's performing on May tenth and eleventh. Ben says, in this my sophomore stand up comedy Shelby speaking about how the world has gone totally mad, I maybe only fifteen or sixteen. I don't know if that's a joke or not. I think it's a joke. But I could put on a comedy show that is very least on part with my contemporary some of whom I'm told her up to double my age. So this clip is a bit of a slow burn. And I talked about this earlier in the week. I know my comedy tastes are different than the mainstream. I like the quirky alt stuff, so this takes a while to get going. But as I watched it, I thought it was really funny. Now you're probably gonna be like joining back. The clip was, I don't get it, but I find this very funny. Here's Ben Hunter. Hey all go.
Speaker 3: Do you guys know Florido the rapper Florida? You know this guy apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur any bells. I won't give away the whole song, but it wasn't just some of the club looking at her. Let's just put it that way. It's the whole place, all right. But you don't know who I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: WHOA Sometimes i'd get a good female. Yeah this guy gets it? Yeah? Right, you could leave I guess I.
Speaker 2: Got that's Ben Hunter. All right, I'll play you something a little more traditional and faster paced. Dan rath show is called Tropical Depression. I like that's how a lot. Dan Rath performs at the Sydney Comedy Festival on May fifteenth. The description of this show is I can't focus. I don't know if it's the microplastics long covid or because I pay five hundred dollars a week to live in a mold experiment. I went to a rally dressed as Boba Fett and was bashed by both police and protesters. I formed a parasocial relationship with a door dash chatbot. I lost all my crypto trying to buy a Mermaid skeleton. Here's Dan Rath. I have made edits here for both content.
Speaker 4: My psychiatrist said that anxiety can lead to depression. I wish it would hurry up anxieties. Why worse. It's like a sushi train, just different dishes every day. Shashimi, betrayal, Taraoky, Brian cancer.
Speaker 2: Me so I skit and you just.
Speaker 4: Up free in the morning, texting all your friends were cool. Just depressions. Why better you're in your pajamas, drinking Costad out of the box and a Xanax. It's relaxing. Usually my care is tasing me by Naw's she's doing karaoke the bitch, but that's her. She was asking if I wanted to go to an escape room. I'm like, no, I can just eat buffalo wings without a napkin and try and turn a doornob.
Speaker 2: That's Dan Wrath. This show is called Tropical Depression, and that, my friends, is how you kill off a Saturday when you got nothing. This was pretty good for nothing. This was pretty good. All right, we'll see you tomorrow.