Speaker 1: Father, we just thank you for your goodness. God, thank you for these wonderful children that just sang the most amazing songs. And God, we just come together here this morning, and more than anything, we're just filled with gratitude at who you are, what you've done in our life, and we just say thank you for the best gift ever, the only gift we truly need, which is you, Jesus. Thank you for your wonderful sacrifice for your life. Thank you that you love us so much, and thank you that you're here in this room right now in Jesus' name.
Speaker 2: Amen. Amen.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm gonna I'm gonna quickly mention that as I was getting ready for this morning, understanding that the theme is more related to Christmas, the Lord reminded me of the very first Christmas gift that I ever received.
Speaker 2: And so I'm gonna share you, share with you the story, and I hope that you'll be blessed.
Speaker 1: And I think that by the time we're done here, God's just gonna touch our hearts in.
Speaker 2: Very unique ways.
Speaker 1: When I was about five years old, I had several siblings and I still have these siblings, most of them.
Speaker 2: What happened was my.
Speaker 1: Parents gave us the green light to go to the corner store and buy some some kind of dessert or some kind of candy, or it was a donut.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the specifics.
Speaker 1: I think it was a donut there that we all really wanted. And they said, you guys can go, but you guys have to go together. Now, I come from a family of twenty five. I'm kidding, we only have ten. It's not that much really, but I'm the youngest of these ten. And so they sent myself, my brother who was two years older than me, and my sister who was two years older than him. So I was about five, my brother was about eight, and my sister she was ten. And so when they said you can go, that was a presentent and of itself were like, let's go.
Speaker 2: And so they just they booked it. They they ran, I.
Speaker 1: Should I should let you all know that we just came to America, probably two years before this moment, so we're like fresh off the boat.
Speaker 2: If you don't know what that means, that means we just came to America. That's all I can say. We just got here.
Speaker 1: We don't know much except everything grows on trees. Like money grows on trees. Everything is fabulous here. You want food, you go to the food bank. You don't have to starve this winter. That's what we understood. And so we're going where. They book it out of the door, and they're.
Speaker 2: Faster than I am.
Speaker 1: You can imagine five year old, eight year old and ten year old, those two rascals, they're gonna go much faster than this five year old, and so.
Speaker 2: They book it. They get to their little bikes and they're much faster.
Speaker 1: Not only on feet, but on the bikes too, And so by the time I get to my bike, they're already almost at the street with their bike. And so I'm like, wait, guys, wait for me. But in Russia, and I'm like wait please. Because I was five, I don't even know English at that point.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: I get to my bike and out of this terrifying feeling like I'm gonna be left behind, like Jesus is gonna come and I'm gonna be alone, you know that feeling, Like that's the feeling I had. I don't know why you can remember certain details when you're younger.
Speaker 2: Some of you know what I'm talking about, Like.
Speaker 1: There's things you remember that you don't know everything around it, but you remember certain things. I remember thinking like, oh, they're leaving me behind. I feel so abandoned. Nobody cares about me. That's the feeling I had, Like they're gonna eat all the donuts before I even get there.
Speaker 2: Like that kind of feeling.
Speaker 1: And so I get on my bike and I'm going as fast as I can. Boy, I remember that feeling like you're gonna give it your all. And so I get on my bike and I'm riding. And before I get to that street, it's a health Orn Street and Tacoma. Anybody know Hewthorn Street and Tacoma. We got several of you that do. It's a health Oorn Street in Tacoma. And I'm it's not a big street, like there's no through traffic really there. It's a street with houses on both ends. And if two cars are going one way, one's gonna have to go to the side. You know.
Speaker 2: It's a small street. It's a safe street.
Speaker 1: So I get on my bike and before I'm five years old. But God gave me enough wisdom. When I'm five, I'm gonna look behind me. And so when I get onto the street, I look behind make sure I'm not gonna get ran over by no cars. And I get on this street and I'm riding my bike and I look behind make sure nobody's there.
Speaker 2: I actually, if I remember.
Speaker 1: You know, memories kind of spotty these days, if I remember correct, I checked twice like I was riding, and then I look back again to make sure that nobody's there. By this point, my my two little siblings were at the end of the street, already by the corner store, and I'm just in the beginning, and I feel like, oh boy, I'm gonna catch up to them. And I probably felt like I'm gonna give him my knuckles or something. I don't know what I felt. But as I'm riding this bike, the next thing I can remember is a certain sound and he goes er.
Speaker 2: Boom. This big O'SUV hits me.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how long I was unconscious for, but I know that this guy was hold cradling me in his arms. I was terrified that my whole body was in shock. I was so confused all this stuff. And seconds later I look in the fire departments on the street too, like I don't know how long you could be laying there by the time it's called in I don't even know if they had cell phones back then. This is almost like thirty years ago, and so I don't know what it was. But firemen came and I thought, boy boy, they're gonna take me from my family. That's one thing we were afraid of, that the government's gonna take your kids.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's where they came from, or maybe they didn't know anything about the laws here. They're like, don't do anything wrong. Maybe they'd said that to keep us disciplined.
Speaker 2: That's probably what it is.
Speaker 1: I just gotta revel ay I'll I'm calling her right now, where's my pault.
Speaker 2: That's probably what it was.
Speaker 1: So they're like, don't don't do anything, don't go anywhere, don't say anything, because they're gonna take you from us. So you live in constant fear that it's what you do. And so they're holding me. The fireman's coming. I don't know what they're saying. I'm trying to break out of their arms and I can't break out, and they see I'm trying to go somewhere, so they let me leap them to the house, and.
Speaker 2: My parents like, oh my god, what's going on? What did he do? Whose house did he burn down?
Speaker 1: You know, like they probably think of that, but then they found out I got hit by a car and all that stuff. I don't remember much after that moment until Christmas time. Okay, several months after that, we come to the most wonderful time of the year, Christmas, and there's a noteck at the door, and this man that hit me is at the door and in his hands is a wonderful gift similar.
Speaker 2: Size to this, and he said this is for little.
Speaker 1: Roman, and boy, oh boy, that feeling you have when somebody gives you a gift and it's like unexpected, but it's a gift and it's for you, especially as a little boy. I remember it and it meant something to me, and I'm like, this.
Speaker 2: Is for me.
Speaker 1: Me. When you're the youngest of more than three, you understand everything you have was passed down to you. When you're the youngest of ten, there's something that your old oldest sibling.
Speaker 2: Had that you still.
Speaker 1: You know you anyway, So when something is given just for you, oh that feeling. Oh, it felt so good. And as I was opening it, lo and be old. It was a helmet. Oh, man, if I know now now, if I knew then what I know now, boy, he would have been still getting sued. And I'm kidding, O, kiddy as a boy, this helmet was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen because it was mine, and it also had a lot.
Speaker 2: Of meaning for me. You see, the deeper the meaning, the greater.
Speaker 1: The gift, the greater the value of the gift, the deeper something like a helmet means to a kid like I.
Speaker 2: At that time, its value for me was probably.
Speaker 1: That moment infinite, Like if my brother tried to take my helmet, he would get a beating and.
Speaker 2: Iron care if I was half his size. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It just meant everything to me because it was my gift. And so I've come to realize in the ecosystem of gift giving, it's not necessarily as much about the giver than it is about the receiver. So the way I like to give gifts, I'm thinking, like, for example, we did a Secretsanda with my wife's family and on my babe.
Speaker 2: We know our budget.
Speaker 1: It's very simple for that budget, you go get three Amazon gift cards, give it to them.
Speaker 2: They'll be happy. That's all they need.
Speaker 1: She goes, no, we're not doing that, because that's something that you would like.
Speaker 2: But when you give a.
Speaker 1: Gift to someone, what do you have to do? You have to think about what they might like. And it seems like she has to coach me on this every year because I forget. And when you're giving, the value system more relies on the one who is receiving than the one who is giving.
Speaker 2: For when you give a gift, it is no longer yours and a gift.
Speaker 1: If you think about a gift in and of itself, it is something that you don't have.
Speaker 2: To give, you can give.
Speaker 1: And sometimes we forget that in this season, we feel like we're obligated to or it's a necessity, or it's become a tradition, or it's now for a lot of us, become a religion. But the truth is it's not a necessity, it's not a requirement, it's not even a tradition. It's a privilege that you and I get to partake in. But when we give the gift, there's a transaction that happens, and gifts I must remind you they are free. You don't have to do anything.
Speaker 2: To receive gifts.
Speaker 1: So if you give a gift with the expectation of receiving a gift, you've created a religion and that's not a true spirit of giving. You can walk out of those words. That's enough, praise the Lord. But I'm telling you, when you give, don't expect back. If you get it, praise the Lord. It's even better. Great, Thank you God. But here's the beauty that happens when you give. You partake in something that is related to the Kingdom of Heaven.
Speaker 2: And let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So I'm gonna quickly jump into some things. I asked my wife yesterday. Sorry, babe, I'm bringing you up a lot. I was like, Babe, you know what Christmas means. She's like, Babe, it's so simple. It's Christ's moss, like more of Christ's moss. And Spanish is more so, more of christ christ moss. And I'm like, I realized in that moment that I married a Latina girl wrapped in Moldovian's skin. I'm telling you she likes She like Mexican food, she likes all the Aspetic culture. I ask her, you want boy, She's like, no, I don't want any of that Slavic food. Give me some tacos. I want some tacos right now. I'm like, yeh, that's my girl.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So Christmas is a very interesting thing because Christmas is made up of two words. Everybody say Christ and then say Mass. That word mass. We read it as Christ and an m as, but it actually has another letter.
Speaker 2: It's a double s there. It's the word mass.
Speaker 1: And if you have Catholic roots you might understand this a little bit more.
Speaker 2: But it's Christ's Mass.
Speaker 1: And there's certain things that transpire when you go to a Mass, and there's prayer, there's reading a scripture, there's explanation of that. But the whole point of a Mass is get to a certain point where there is a gift given. And it's not a traditional way of how we sense, like you give one person the gift, they give you another gift.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: At Mass, what happens is the people in the congregation receive a gift from the Lord. And you know what it is, communion. It's the bread and it's the wine, it's the body and the blood of Jesus. At Mass, you receive the gift from heaven and it's the broken body and the spilt blood of Jesus' sacrifice that is.
Speaker 2: The pinnacle of the gathering.
Speaker 1: So when you say Marry Christmas, you know what you're saying. I wish you a joyful time experiencing the anointed One and the sacrifice of his blood and body that was spent for you. Every time you say Merry Christmas, say merry Christmas. Boy oh boy, you can say Merry Christmas every day and it makes sense. Every day you'll be able, like when it comes to Easter, here is a happy Eastern Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas, because that's what it means.
Speaker 1: People like in the world don't realize everything they're declaring every time you declare Merry Christmas. Like, even if you don't believe in Jesus, what you're saying is may the body and the blood of the Lamb be enthroned.
Speaker 2: In your life.
Speaker 1: You know, when you receive communion the body and the blood, you're coming into union with Him. So when you say marry christ Union, you're declaring salvation.
Speaker 2: Every time you say it.
Speaker 1: Boy oh boy, I know we didn't expect an Eastern story here on Christmas morning, but I got some news for you. Let's go to Philippians. This is so good Philippians two, verse six.
Speaker 2: That's right here. This is talking about Jesus.
Speaker 1: Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
Speaker 2: Instead, he gave up his.
Speaker 1: Divine privileges divine meaning God privileges, his godlikeness. He gave that up why and he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. Jesus gave up his divinity, his godlikeness, and enslaved himself into the limitations of humanity. Some I ask, but why would God even need to do that? Why wouldn't he just come, rip the skylight open and say, the King is here, all worship and bow me, bow down to me.
Speaker 2: Why? Oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 1: You see, God in and of himself could not die. God like God cannot die. Do you understand this principle? Like if you're an eternal creature, you cannot die. So Jesus enslaved himself in a flesh that can die.
Speaker 2: This is the Christmas story.
Speaker 1: Jesus gave up his divine privilege of being God and immortal and came down to be born of a virgin to enslave himself in yours and my limitations.
Speaker 2: It goes on to say why.
Speaker 1: When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal's death on a cross. Therefore God elevated him to that place of highest honor and gave him a name above all names, that in the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow in heaven, on earth and under the earth, and every tongue declare that Christ is Lord.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas. That's such a declaring for the glory of God the Father. This is phenomenal. As a matter of fact.
Speaker 1: Let's go quickly to Luke the first the first declaration of the coming of Jesus, the very first announcement came from an angel to the people, and it was to a certain group of shepherds. And shepherds were considered kind of lowly at the time. They were like like, they were kind of like the servants of most people, right, And the angel shows up to the lowest place and declares to these people. When the angel showed up, the glory of God appeared. And these shepherds were terrified and watch this, But the angel reassured them, saying, don't be afraid. I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all the people. It's good tidings of great joy, good tidings of great joy. Say that with me, Good tidings of great joy. Next verse, the Savior, Yes, the Messiah, the Lord has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David. This messed me up when I was looking into this. This is so good.
Speaker 2: The Angel just declared some about Jesus.
Speaker 1: Angel said the Savior, the Lord, the Messiah. It just categorized Jesus in three ways. So when he says the Lord, say the Lord, the angel is talking about his kingship in heaven, Heaven's King, the Lord, Heaven's King. When the Angel says the Messiah, that means the coming one, the promised one, the anointed one, the one who.
Speaker 2: Was to come, the one we've been waiting for.
Speaker 1: So when he's saying Heaven's King, he's saying the coming one has come. And when he says the Savior, he's referencing his death. Wow.
Speaker 2: He's saying, listen very carefully, this news is so good. The whole world's going to rejoice. Heaven's King has come to die. Wow, Merry Christmas. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Let's go a little bit deeper, say deeper, what did the What were the three gifts those wise men brought Frankinson's, gold and murr.
Speaker 2: Get ready, gold.
Speaker 1: Represents kings and Heaven's king frankinsense somebody say frankinsonse. It's a very unique word. But it's a sweet fragrance. It's a sweet aroma, even used in the temple. It represents his Messiah, the anointed One, his life, his coming. And Murr somebody say murr primarily used for embalming. I can imagine being that wise man who's bringing Murr to a birth and thinking, I have no idea what in the world I'm doing, And this is the dumbest gift I.
Speaker 2: Could have thought about. But I know I have to bring this. I don't know why. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I'm following the star that keeps moving, but I know I'm coming with murder. But they bring gold, Frankinson's and murder representing the Heaven's King coming into earth to die for us. Man, oh man, that's the Christmas story that's so beautiful. Jesus is Heaven's gift to us for God so loved the world that he I'm just say that again, for God so loved the world that he gave, And I find it fascinating, fascinating that after that part of the scripture in John three point sixteen, he then goes set and says, for who soever shall believe, will not perish, but have life everlasting. He's saying, like, I love you infinitely enough to crush my son for you.
Speaker 2: But the ball is in your court that whosoever would believe and receive.
Speaker 1: Like this right here represents a gift. And when Jesus was walking on this earth towards the end, towards the end when he would take on the title of Savior and die and be raised from the dead, he was speaking plain with his disciples and he says, I'm going to a place you can't really follow me, but don't worry, because I won't leave you as orphans. As a matter of fact, it's better that I go, because if I go, then I could send the one who's your advocate, the Holy Spirit that will be with you.
Speaker 2: It's actually his spirit in us.
Speaker 1: It's better that the Jesus, who is stationary in one place out of time on this earth, would go to heaven.
Speaker 2: So that he could.
Speaker 1: Excuse me so that he could send his spirit down to earth.
Speaker 2: That could be everywhere at all times.
Speaker 1: It's better that he goes so that the gift can be sent. And so we have this gift right here.
Speaker 2: He's called the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: And it's amazing that when God said whosoever shall believe, he's referencing your value system. He's asking each and every single one of us in this room, how much will you value what I've given you.
Speaker 2: Some of us take this gift. There's nothing in it right now. Just in case some of you are wondering.
Speaker 1: Let's say we receive this gift from the Lord and we're like, ooh, boil boy. Oh, I'll take that eternal salvation. That's the gift I will receive. I'm really happy with this gift. I'm gonna take it. Don't touch my mood, don't touch my addictions, don't touch my temper, don't touch my selfishness. But I'll take this salvation. That's the value that we have. But some of us are like, oh boy, I can't settle for the salvation.
Speaker 2: I need my healing. Give me that healing.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with this, by the way, and you take that healing and you're like, oh boy, that healing is so good.
Speaker 2: Thank you Lord for that gift undeserved. If you got what you deserve, you'd be boiling in hell right now.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't that. They don't know what they're doing all this stuff. Trust me, if you got what you deserve. But we take certain things that we find preference for and what can benefit my life.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna come to church. I don't mean to hurt anybody.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna come church Christmas Eastern. That's about as much as I need from the Lord. I'm gonna go on living my life and do whatever I need to do.
Speaker 2: This is not a shame thing. I'm telling you something you are missing out.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying this is the place you need to be every time, day in, day out. I'm just telling you there is gifts beyond measure that you're limiting God on and I'm telling you some of us take that gift. We take the blessing of finances, we take the blessing of a new home, we take that.
Speaker 2: We take that.
Speaker 1: But oh boy, that patience gift don't leave right there. Oh boy, self control, I'm gonna work on that. But I'm gonna leave the gift in the box. Oh boy, that gentleness I like, how firm I am?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, that long suffering or that joy. No, I'm too used to my depression. It's who I am. Or I'm too used to this. I'm too used to that.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you how much you value this is a direct reflection on its influence in your life. This right here the spirit of the living God. The scriptures declare that he is the same spirit that rose Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And how much you value that spirit is how much influence you're.
Speaker 2: Giving him in your life. And the gifts are in you already. But we're pickers. We pick and choose which ones we want.
Speaker 1: But I'm telling you, what if if we take this bagel bin of infinite gifts where all the blessings in the spiritual realms are, and we say, Lord, just give.
Speaker 2: It all to me.
Speaker 1: I want it all, Pour it all down, over it, let me overflow.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter if I can't contain. Let me overflow, that everybody.
Speaker 1: Around me starts to get blessed. I'm so blessed financially that those around me are blessed I'm so blessed with peace that those with anxiety get blessed.
Speaker 2: I'm so blessed with joy that.
Speaker 1: Those who came in with an attitude all of a sudden are joyful. I'm so blessed with love that those who are so selfish become selfless. So this morning, I don't know what you've come in with, and I don't know how much of this gift you personally have resisted, because I feel like to a certain degree we like to resist them in different ways. So the platform is kind of across all of our fields. And some of you came into this room and you've actually never received the gift of even salvation of what He's done for You never received Christmas in your life. And the truth is that this morning you have an opportunity to become who you've been created to be. From the very beginning, Jesus had to come in the body and die because that was the only way for it to happen.
Speaker 2: This is the only way for him to take up.
Speaker 1: And as a matter of fact, he said, no one can actually take my life, because in order for your life to be taken, you.
Speaker 2: Would have to sin. But Jesus never sinned.
Speaker 1: Never sin, so that even if they kept whipping him till today, he didn't have to die.
Speaker 2: He said, no one can take my life, but I give it.
Speaker 1: So he chose to give it. It was his privilege to give. When he took up sin, he privilegedly gave.
Speaker 2: His life for us.
Speaker 1: So here in this room, some of us have never experienced that privilege of actually knowing, Wow, Jesus, you came and died for me so that I could believe in you and receive this salvation that is eternal. I want you to know that this this morning you can and for the sake of time, and there's things that we have to do after the service. We're not gonna We're not gonna have the Destiny team come up here. But I'm gonna ask the Destney team members, the Prayer Team members, that if you would help us and just be kind of in the back corner over there after service, just so that anybody who would want additional prayer that they can come and meet you there and get prayed for. Please have your lanyard on so that they can recognize who you are.
Speaker 2: But if you're here in this room in just.
Speaker 1: A little bit, I'm gonna ask you to raise your hand when when we'll have every eye closed. But there's two things I'm gonna have you raise your hand for. The one is if you want to receive Jesus as your Lord and savior, the gift that was Heaven's gift for you and me today, I want that to be very known.
Speaker 2: And that also.
Speaker 1: Includes those in the room that maybe you have received him, but you've been living so far away from him that you're like, I don't even know where I'm going if I die right now.
Speaker 2: And the truth is, you need to know.
Speaker 1: You need to know, you need to He paid a big price for you to know, and I'm asking you this morning. I want you to know, and i want you to consider giving that up to him. The second thing I'm gonna ask is that level playing field that all of us are on, the things that are gifted to us.
Speaker 2: That maybe we're resisting now.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's unforgiveness and God's gifted your forgiveness through the blood and sacrifice of Jesus. Maybe it's a healing that you've given up on, but Jesus already broke his body for you to be healed. The body men means for right now, the blood means forever. So whatever your situation is in this room, if there's something that God could be highlighting you to you in this moment, I want you to begin to process with the.
Speaker 2: Lord and your mind's eye how.
Speaker 1: Receiving his gift is a freeing you from whatever you're resisting him in cool but everybody in the room just close your eyes for a moment.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pray something over us.
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonna I'm gonna go through my questions. Father, I thank you for your goodness this morning. God.
Speaker 2: I thank you that you are the Christmas in our life. You are the joy in our life.
Speaker 1: God, And I think you that this morning is the morning of transformation, It's the morning of salvation.
Speaker 2: It's the morning of Christmas.
Speaker 1: Of receiving that union that you so preciously paid a price for. So in this room, I'm not gonna call you up once again. But if you're in this room and you want to dedicate your life to the Lord and receive the gift of salvation or rededicate your life and be saved again, I'd like for you to quickly slip your hand up and hold it up for me.
Speaker 2: If you can, I see one.
Speaker 1: Anybody else, raise your hand up high because it's hard to see I see another. Anybody else, Come on, come on, anybody else. I'm giving another ten seconds, not a long time.
Speaker 2: Raise it up high, Thank you Lord good. You could put your hands down, would you?
Speaker 1: Would everybody pray this Jesus, I give you my life and I receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Now, if you're in this room and there's something that the Lord is convicting you of, like a gift that the Lord wants.
Speaker 2: To give you.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a character correction, maybe it's a maybe it's confidence. Maybe maybe it's freedom from depression. Maybe it's maybe it's a love, deep love. Maybe you've come in here like an orphan. God wants to give you the gift of family. I don't know what it is. But if there's something the Lord has highlighted to you, I want you to raise your hand all across this room. I see one, two, three. Okay, we have tons of hands all over the room. Okay, Would everybody put your hand on your heart and say, Jesus, I receive everything that you want to give to me. I resist in no place in my heart. I give it freely and Jesus mighty me, hey man.
Speaker 2: Come on with you. Give the Lord a hand