Speaker 1: I come down.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone to Crash Course Pod, the only place where we dissect the drops that truly matter, brought to you buy a music hit for all of my music heads. I'm your host, Ashtonay, and this week's lineup is absolutely massive. But before we get into it, I just quickly want to mention if you haven't heard last week's episode, go check it out after this one. But for those of you that already heard it, I want to add something we talked about the Buggles. Oh one, I wanted to say, not only did Nicki Minaj and Will i Am sample.
Speaker 1: That, but so did Little Techa.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I completely went blank, and also I don't even know why I didn't go oh.
Speaker 1: To like give you guys a clue of what the song was. Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles.
Speaker 2: I wanted to just like touch on, so did Little Ticha. He sampled that too. Why am I bringing it up real quick, real quick? Because I was doing some manual labor today and that forced me to listen to my twenty twenty five playlist. By the way, if you haven't heard it, all of the details are down below.
Speaker 1: Click on it. Because we're in the.
Speaker 2: Last couple of months for this playlist and it's the twenty twenty five playlist, the soundtrack of twenty twenty five. Anyways, little taicha Ow came on and it completely reminded me he sampled this too. Why did I forget last episode? So long story short, that's that on that Also, yeah, I did manual labor today and I feel broken, like my body is hurting, and I was easing into a nap and I knew if I closed my eyes it is about to be five o'clock right now.
Speaker 1: If I close my eyes, I would not be up until.
Speaker 2: Like three am, and then I would definitely not be doing this for you guys. So I'm here skipping my nap, but I'm here just wanted to throw that out there if you want to like and share with a friend to support. Anyways, let's get into the fun. So we've got an incredible range of music that dropped on Thursday night, nine pm if you live on the West Coast midnight Friday morning if you live on the West, I mean East Coast, and whatever time it was in between you Central and Mountain timers. Anyways, we have some reflective and just electronic shock waves.
Speaker 1: It was it was epic.
Speaker 2: We got an incredible range from the reflective return of Polo G to the sonic masterpiece from Sofago and the electronic shock waves from Skrillics. No time for rating, you know, we keep it positive. I don't like rating artists on their work, like I don't like doing that, but we will be doing a minor deep dive and just talk about criticism and feedback that has already been mentioned. Of course, I'm gonna tell you what my faves were, So grab your headphones, let's get into the course. And of course let's don't forget your snacks. So let's start with an artist who hit me right in the nostalgia bone, Polo G with his new track High Tolerance. Forget the general buzz. This song, for me is peak reflective old Polo G. It's that raw, almost journal injury style we fell in love with back in the day, and the track manages to sound both somber and triumphant, giving listeners a clear look into his current headspace. If you missed that classic vulnerable Chicago sound stream this immediately, like, get your pen and write down High Tolerance. Stream it immediately.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: I'm never disappointed when Polog releases anything.
Speaker 1: He's always hitting the.
Speaker 2: Spot for me, but this song specifically really like.
Speaker 1: You know. I don't know what more to say, but it really ough me.
Speaker 2: So let's move on. Love Tyler's on my Own. I'm calling it right now. Loa Tyler is the most improved artist of twenty twenty five. I was not a fan up until this year, and I don't know, it is just something about this year. He really came in his bag and his delivery has been good. His words vocabulary has been epic. He's really improved a lot since I first heard of him. I think back in like twenty twenty three, twenty twenty two, maybe very much on the roster for artists i'd listen to. This track shows him leveling up his flow and his presence. He sounds effortlessly confident, and the production is clean, giving him the perfect runway. It's tight, it's infectious, and it's a huge step forward for him. My Guy, My Guy shots fired from My Guy.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 2: You should add it on my Own by La Tyler and check out the music video. It's it's pretty good, you know, it's pretty good. He's not doing the bells and whistles. Very simple, very laid back, but the visuals are clean. I'm sure if you're a visual will grow like me, you'd like it now. Quick mention for Boss Mandilo's how I'm Living. It's okay. It's got that gritty, authentic feel for me. It didn't quite hit the same repeatable loop as the other artist that released, or even his other work, but it's still a solid track for his coal for his core fans. I can't knock it.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's good, but it wasn't my favorite, but it's good.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk projects, shall we. Roy Woods's new album is genuinely good. It's moody, atmospheric R and B, perfect for late night drives. He sets a compelling mood and sticks to it, delivering a smooth, consistent soundscape that rewards a focus to listen and honestly, you, guys, between you and me, getting closer, getting closer, because I don't want everyone to hear me this is That's my first time listening to a Roy Woods song, and I was very impressed. I don't know why I didn't get into it sooner, but I was very impressed, go check it out. The name of the album is called Flower City Heartbreak by Roy Woods, So if you haven't already, go check it out. My favorite You're So Right and TSA. Those are my favorites right now by Roy Woods. But you guys, go check out the entire project. I'm sure, especially if you like our R and B. I'm sure you'd like it. I'm sure it's very consistent.
Speaker 1: And it rewards your focused listening.
Speaker 2: Put it on while you're like doing something, reading a book, sip in some wine.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Now let's move on to T because we cannot forget about Thames. I really liked Big Daddy and the visualizer for it, Thames Love is a kingdom. That project is excellent. She did not disappoint. I can't say that enough.
Speaker 1: Her vocal texture is pure gold.
Speaker 2: It's rich, soulful and completely controlled. The production is often sparse, which is a blessing because it lets that voice lead the way.
Speaker 1: If you need a track that sounds.
Speaker 2: Like a spiritual exhale and a masterclass in modern art and beat restraint, you need to stream Thames. I already told you, guys, my favorite was Big Daddy, but Legos Love that's also a good one mine, immaculin. Is there a reason so so good?
Speaker 1: Stream it immediate?
Speaker 2: Can we get a round of applause for ten.
Speaker 1: Spectacular?
Speaker 2: And then we have the kid LAROI with a perfect world this song. I hate to compare artists, but this song remight reminded me so much of the kind of slightly vulnerable pop that Justin Bieber has mastered. It still has the kid le roy flair. It just reminded me of like a Justin vibe. It's got that huge, stadium ready chorus and a genuine sense of searching in the lyrics. If you appreciate pop structure with emo undertones, this song is a strong offering.
Speaker 1: I really liked it.
Speaker 2: We need to talk about the project that had me repeating it over and over again.
Speaker 1: Can you guys guess what it is? I'll give you a hand.
Speaker 2: We've done an episode on him already, already. It's Sofagel's latest album, Mania Homeboy has a nerve to put favorite songs.
Speaker 1: All of them, all of them.
Speaker 2: No, seriously, I've been so obsessed with this album since the night it came out.
Speaker 1: Chef's Kiss.
Speaker 2: The whole project is an ethereal melodic experience. He execute that hazy, futuristic trap sound better than almost anybody right now. Every track flowed into the next. It felt like a cohesive vibe journey. It's a mandatory full album. Listen songs. Let's get into some of the songs. So obviously Outside it has a music video, So I'm pretty sure it's the fan favorite we have for bank Rolls. You have to get into bank Rolls, Notice Me, get into notice Me, get into Challenge, get into figure me out Monster. I think Monster is the one that I've been having on a rotation.
Speaker 1: Did I say Challenge already? Did I say may Day already?
Speaker 2: Those are kind of like my main favorites. Let me see Money and Clothes was already kind of out because they already put the music video out, what maybe nine days ago, But it's still a good listen. Honestly, though, out of the whole album, I would say Money and Clothes is kind of like basic. The rest of the album is really really good. Crash Out that's another good one.
Speaker 1: And see Me Shine.
Speaker 2: If you are not a Sofago fan, do yourself a favor. And one listen to our older episode on Sofago And then two after this episode, listen to this album Mania. I promise you, especially if you like that underground rage trap sound for hip hop rap, you would love it.
Speaker 1: You would love it.
Speaker 2: He's such a great musician. And it's not because he does rap specifically, it's his voice, it's the way he execute. He's such an artist like you can definitely feel the artistry in his music. Honestly, not to be such a fan right now, but even if he didn't do rap, like let's say he got into pop or R and B, he'd still sligh.
Speaker 1: He's just really talented musically.
Speaker 2: So that one is like my all time favorite release, the Sofago project.
Speaker 1: Mania stream the album.
Speaker 2: Also in this high energy category we have Rico Nasty and Eim Tripplin'. Let's start off with Rico Nasty. First, Rego Nasty released Pepper and it's such a high energy fun listen. Take a look, I mean take a listen.
Speaker 1: It's really good. But also I'm a huge Reco Nasty fan. Do yourself a favor.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard our episode, listen to that as well. And so let's swing over to Eam Triplin'. His song that was released was called or is called if I wanted to another fun listen that you've absolutely got to get into. With Reco Nasty song Pepper. The flow is aggressive, the beat is noisy, it's pure unadulterated energy, and with Em Tripling's track, it's equally high octane and showcases that raw, youthful power. Now time for the bass drops scrillicks. With the Five Song Project, I liked the whole thing, but Voltage was my absolute favorite. It was aggressive, it was nostalgic old skrillicks, meticulously produced, and it has this real sonic punch. If you want a production that sounds like a master showing off his renewed.
Speaker 1: Power, this is it.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Lil Mosey because he dropped a song too called Soljia, which is really really good and the music video was super, super creative. I would love to go into detail with more people. We had Testo's Bring Me to Life and take Tate McCrae's deluxe album All Good.
Speaker 1: We had really good releases.
Speaker 2: Join me next time on Crash Course Pod and maybe we'll talk about some more releases Until then, Thank you guys so much for listening, and take these recommendations. Go stream all of it. Details are in the description box.
Speaker 1: Leave a comment if you love us,